2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

Aflac Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Life Insurance?

Original review: June 16, 2020

Had two claims in two years. Both times they could not find me in their system. After multiple, multiple tries got thru and they told me to submit a claim. Did so. They told me I did not have the coverage I was sold. No payout. 2nd claim still waiting after 4 months. Worst ever. Save the headache.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My husband and I have had Aflac life insurance for 10 years. All of a sudden THEY cancelled our insurance without notice. This is the kind of service you get from this company. If I could give them zero stars, I would! Then when my husband called to ask why it was cancelled, they said it was because they automatically cancel all policies after 10 years. Don’t do business with this company. Totally irresponsible and unreliable!

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

To start, I have been waiting almost three months for my short term disability. I have submitted all required materials and all I have received so far is a $25 check which to be honest I'm not clear on the purpose of as I'm meant to be getting $2100/mo. Getting in contact with anybody has been a nightmare from the beginning. The guy who sold me my policy always took more than the 24 hours. I was promised to get back to me and he was completely unhelpful once I actually filed a claim, saying that it was no longer in his hands. Contacting the claims department has been even more frustrating - I have experienced wait times from 2-5 hours just to talk to someone. I do not recommend using Aflac for personal insurance and I will not be using them again for anything after this terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have seen so many good reviews and heard people say how great a company Aflac is but can not agree. I had a stroke on Sept 4 and the only thing I have gotten from Aflac is one more hoop to jump through. At first it was a problem with the claims form then it was the hospital would not release my records. Now it is that my claim is under review. I can not even get the agent to email me an address so that I can send them my records. I expect this is all just a game to keep from getting what I have been paying for. As far as I can see Aflac is just another scam to cheat people out of their money.

Original review: May 23, 2019

They say "get your claim back in 24 hours" is bs. I've been trying to get my claim for almost 6 months now. Have called every week for a month and a half to get just a paper to get my payments back and once again they keep putting me off. Been lied to on more than one phone call. I would have never had my surgery if I would have known this was going to happen. I am a mother of 5 kids I want my money BACK!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Had an accident - went to emergency room - trauma team activated.. CAT Scan, x ray, ER visit. Had follow up dr visits and 4 OT visits. Submitted 74 pages to them. Made us get traffic crash report, ER stuff again, multiple trips and made us dance just to pay us for the ER visit. Customer "service" is awful and rude. They are full of misdirection and misinformation. On the 4th check and they still have not paid me fully for the benefits I have in writing. Multi calls to lodge complaint and no one will take it. AFLAC is terrible.

Original review: March 17, 2019

All they do is take your money. When something happens and they say 1 day to receive, don't believe it. Been over 2 months for a friend. They are still getting the runaround. Waste of money. Don't do.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We have policy for Specified Health Event. My husband passed away this Thanksgiving and we were able to file claim under this policy. Nowhere did it say you needed a will or an estate to collect. My husband nor myself have any of these due to him passing so sudden. Aflac stated to write a letter to collect no more than what their Affidavit states which that too also has loopholes. I wrote letter forfeiting some of the amount, signed their affidavit, just for them to write back and say, "Sorry. We cannot reissue check in your name. You need to go to probate court and get an estate granted to you." WTH??? We pay all this money every month and Aflac won't do a damn thing to help you one damn bit. Don't buy their life insurance policy because they will fight you and find any excuse not to pay out on that policy as well. I know I'm dealing with that part also.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

November 2018, my husband passed away from a sudden heart attack. I submitted the Critical Illness claim to which the paperwork clearly states to submit a death certificate. I submitted all paperwork forms asked for on December 11, 2018, via email. Now have been told by 4 different representatives that I have to submit a Medical Examiner's report, discharge papers from the hospital, and the cardiologist report.

My husband died of a sudden heart attack at the hospital, he was not discharged, he did not see a cardiologist because he did not know he had a heart issue. He was not taken to the medical examiner's office because he was an organ donor and the doctor at the hospital was able to determine that he had a heart attack. It is clearly documented on the death certificate.

I've had this policy for 4 years and have several other policies with Aflac for at least 18 years. I have never been given the runaround or had to go through so much red tape in the past. I feel all these hoops I am jumping through is to prolong and not pay for my claim. Best believe, I will be canceling all policies with Aflac. Aflac will deduct their premium each month but do not want to pay when a claim is filed. I am disappointed and disgusted with this company. I had to give this rating a 1 star. Wanted to rate 0 stars.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

DON'T GET ACCIDENT INSURANCE WITH AFLAC. IT IS TERRIBLE. One example - they pay out for lacerations by the inch but doctors use centimeters. Plus doctors don't measure with a tape measure. They estimate. I had a 2.25 inches laceration. Doc estimated 5 cm which is 1.91 inches. Laceration less than 2 inches 50 dollar pay out over 2 inches 250 dollar payout. You can't go back to E-room doc to have him measure the cut better because many ER's use traveling doctors and getting a hold of the guy will be next to impossible... bet you didn't know any of this before you went E-room but bet Aflac does.

Aflac Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

Founded in 1955, Aflac offers whole and term life insurance policies to individuals through their employers, with payment done by payroll deduction only. Aflac offers a variety of insurance policies that include life, auto and even cancer insurance.

• No medical questions: The company has several policies that are guaranteed issue, with no medical questions to be answered, depending on your age and coverage choice.

• Coverage is portable: Aflac allows you to take your life insurance policy with you when you change jobs or retire instead of having to find a new provider.

• Policy choices: Aflac offers policies featuring up to $500,000 of protection, depending on the age of the insured.

• Insurance calculator: Aflac provides an online questionnaire that helps determine how much life insurance you need based on certain factors.

• Agent locator: The Aflac website features an easy zip code search tool to help you find a local agent close to your home or business.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Aflac Life Insurance Company Information