4.0/5 (132 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Aflac Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Aflac Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Life Insurance?

Original review: June 2, 2022

They will deduct your money from your account and tell you that their website is down which will stay down for 3 and a half months while you are paying them. You will get a address finally to submit your claim where they tell you they never got it. The website comes back up and you submit your claim with about 15 sheets of back paperwork to support everything and just as you think as is well they continue to tell you that you will need to submit more paperwork. They are scammers. This would have been my biggest claim with all verifiable paperwork and they stalled. So I just canceled their services. Such terrible business. Never expected it... Told family members and they cancelled as well. Don't waste your hard-earned money on a company that's not trustworthy.

Original review: July 29, 2021

At 62, I’m sorry I didn’t purchase more. The company has been totally hassle free. Now retired, my first 20 plus years of premiums were painlessly auto deducted! Thus, I would certainly highly recommend this company, and any of its equally well run subsidiaries, to any families, or, individuals looking for life insurance.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I used to love dealing with Aflac. My disease was enough, so it was nice to know that my claims were properly and promptly processed. Since about May 1 2021, the company has basically ceased functioning. If you call Customer Service there is a 6-8 HOUR DELAY. And, no new claims are being processed that are the same as that paid for the same procedure. And if you do get though to CS they lie and say they will take care of it and they don't. As icing on the cake they took away a user friendly website and replaces it with a 'duck' theme, which regularly crashes. I have been asked for paperwork on ONE CLAIM 15 times and have told them in notes it is the same procedure they paid before a few times.

In conclusion, this once wonderful company is gone and replaced by a company that has the attitude "How can we NOT pay you". A very sad ending for a company that in the past was so kind and helpful. I wrote to the CEO of the company, too and of course heard nothing. So, if you are contemplating Aflac, beware they are now a company that does not care and does not process claims in a timely manner. I have some claims that are over 1 month old and never paid.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Affordable, flexible, favorable to over 55, monthly payments help balance budget, customer service needs help, should advertise their life insurance more so people know they are out there, too many inquiries into extra - burial insurance isn't necessary for everyone.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Had two claims in two years. Both times they could not find me in their system. After multiple, multiple tries got thru and they told me to submit a claim. Did so. They told me I did not have the coverage I was sold. No payout. 2nd claim still waiting after 4 months. Worst ever. Save the headache.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My husband and I have had Aflac life insurance for 10 years. All of a sudden THEY cancelled our insurance without notice. This is the kind of service you get from this company. If I could give them zero stars, I would! Then when my husband called to ask why it was cancelled, they said it was because they automatically cancel all policies after 10 years. Don’t do business with this company. Totally irresponsible and unreliable!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

To start, I have been waiting almost three months for my short term disability. I have submitted all required materials and all I have received so far is a $25 check which to be honest I'm not clear on the purpose of as I'm meant to be getting $2100/mo. Getting in contact with anybody has been a nightmare from the beginning. The guy who sold me my policy always took more than the 24 hours. I was promised to get back to me and he was completely unhelpful once I actually filed a claim, saying that it was no longer in his hands. Contacting the claims department has been even more frustrating - I have experienced wait times from 2-5 hours just to talk to someone. I do not recommend using Aflac for personal insurance and I will not be using them again for anything after this terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have seen so many good reviews and heard people say how great a company Aflac is but can not agree. I had a stroke on Sept 4 and the only thing I have gotten from Aflac is one more hoop to jump through. At first it was a problem with the claims form then it was the hospital would not release my records. Now it is that my claim is under review. I can not even get the agent to email me an address so that I can send them my records. I expect this is all just a game to keep from getting what I have been paying for. As far as I can see Aflac is just another scam to cheat people out of their money.

Original review: May 23, 2019

They say "get your claim back in 24 hours" is bs. I've been trying to get my claim for almost 6 months now. Have called every week for a month and a half to get just a paper to get my payments back and once again they keep putting me off. Been lied to on more than one phone call. I would have never had my surgery if I would have known this was going to happen. I am a mother of 5 kids I want my money BACK!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Had an accident - went to emergency room - trauma team activated.. CAT Scan, x ray, ER visit. Had follow up dr visits and 4 OT visits. Submitted 74 pages to them. Made us get traffic crash report, ER stuff again, multiple trips and made us dance just to pay us for the ER visit. Customer "service" is awful and rude. They are full of misdirection and misinformation. On the 4th check and they still have not paid me fully for the benefits I have in writing. Multi calls to lodge complaint and no one will take it. AFLAC is terrible.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Aflac Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

Founded in 1955, Aflac offers whole and term life insurance policies to individuals through their employers, with payment done by payroll deduction only. Aflac offers a variety of insurance policies that include life, auto and even cancer insurance.

• No medical questions: The company has several policies that are guaranteed issue, with no medical questions to be answered, depending on your age and coverage choice.

• Coverage is portable: Aflac allows you to take your life insurance policy with you when you change jobs or retire instead of having to find a new provider.

• Policy choices: Aflac offers policies featuring up to $500,000 of protection, depending on the age of the insured.

• Insurance calculator: Aflac provides an online questionnaire that helps determine how much life insurance you need based on certain factors.

• Agent locator: The Aflac website features an easy zip code search tool to help you find a local agent close to your home or business.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Advisor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Aflac Life Insurance Company Information