Aflac Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am very very unhappy with Aflac. I am under my mom's insurance with this crappy company. We got into an accident on July 9th 2016 so we contacted Aflac a little bit later, told us we will get some money for the accident. So on Monday September 24, 2016 they told us if we do a smart claim it will be in our account in 24 hours. Well it's already Oct 1st 2016, I am very displeased because we have been getting nothing but a run around and they have been screwing up my claim and the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing!!! Now it shows in the system the account is paid but still nothing in my mom's account. It's **. I need the Monday for tomorrow for California and that are very ** unorganized... very very unhappy.

I've had my life insurance policy for about 5 years through Aflac. Luckily I've not had to use it! The representatives that I've dealt with in setting up my policy were very knowledgeable and were able to help pick the best policy for my needs. I like the idea that I can borrow money from my policy if needed and if I am diagnosed with a terminal illness I can pull from my policy without penalty. When submitting paperwork, they were very prompt in return communication.

Set rate forever. I've only had this insurance for a month so I haven't had much time for recommending. Low rates that never change as long as you keep the policy open.

Worked for the company and know all the ins and outs of the company. No longer work there but would still buy their products. The agents are knowledgeable and they are easy to get in contact with. On other products we have they pay claims fast.

Our daughter passed away on 6/11/2015. After receiving the autopsy report, we filed her claim to Aflac. We were treated so nicely at first, then Aflac wanted medical records which had nothing to do with her passing. We provided all requested. I called after 1 month to get an update, I was told, because my daughter passed within the 2 year contestable period, Aflac is investigating the death. Another month past and I keep on calling for an update on the case, they tell me it's in upper management, then they said it was with their legal department and no one could ever tell me an update. So far I had called 6-7 times and it's the same story Aflac is prolonging the claim and as of today 12/9/2015 had not heard nor got any answers from them... Please don't buy any Aflac Policy. You will suffer like me in grieve over my daughter death and having to fight a giant like Aflac.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac Life Insurance?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

It was a very easy and smooth transaction. The agent was very knowledgeable about the product and when/how it could be used and paid for. The forms were all electronic and did not require an advanced degree in business/legalese to understand.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of    More about Neal→

Founded in 1955, Aflac offers whole and term life insurance policies to individuals through their employers, with payment done by payroll deduction only. Aflac offers a variety of insurance policies that include life, auto and even cancer insurance.

• No medical questions: The company has several policies that are guaranteed issue, with no medical questions to be answered, depending on your age and coverage choice.
  • Coverage is portable: Aflac allows you to take your life insurance policy with you when you change jobs or retire instead of having to find a new provider.
  • Policy choices: Aflac offers policies featuring up to $500,000 of protection, depending on the age of the insured.
  • Insurance calculator: Aflac provides an online questionnaire that helps determine how much life insurance you need based on certain factors.
  • Agent locator: The Aflac website features an easy zip code search tool to help you find a local agent close to your home or business.

Compare Life Insurance Companies