Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
AARP Roadside Assistance
1.19/5

AARP Roadside Assistance

AARP offers roadside assistance through Allstate. AARP members who sign up for roadside assistance can get help 24/7 if they have a flat tire, need their car towed, run out of gas, have a dead car battery or lock their keys in their car. Members are covered in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

AARP Roadside Assistance Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I would give this company ZERO stars if possible! 1st: Car broke on the Interstate, they send a "link" that doesn't work. Someone on the phone hangs up in the middle of the call. Got towing company myself. 2nd: sent in claim, they misread the date as expired. Sent explanation with original receipt, and they say they didn't receive the letter. Sent everything again (address confirmed!) but they even didn't receive that second letter! Cancelled membership.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My daughter was robbed at gunpoint and they stole her car. We actually got the car back one hour later in a really bad part of town. The Harris County Sheriff's department was there and we decided to drop the case so they CLEARED the car from being stolen and I needed a tow. I called the number off my AARP card and they said they could not tow it since it was involved in a robbery. So, I asked for a supervisor and the Deputy got on the phone and told them the car was cleared and they still would not tow my car. I bought this membership for my two daughters and literally in our darkest hour of need when we were in a bad part of town, they stranded us there. Luckily, I had the money to pay for a tow out of my own pocket.

I called today (7 days later) and spoke with them and said I need a copy of that policy of why you would not tow my car. They apparently don't have one. The supervisor claims that if I mail them the bill they will reimburse me. So, what was the point of even having this service? There is none and I suspect they are a scam. AARP and Allstate are scammers. Save your money.

Get expert buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had a flat tire on a Monday and used the app to report at 2pm. It said it would take 130 minutes. I waited (in the heat) watching the minute countdown until it said 70 minutes to wait, then it stopped!!! I called the customer service number and they had no record of my app request but said they would find a provider. After holding the rep came back and said the nearest provider didn’t have the equipment to change a tire. Huh???? She offered to try try another provider, but I told her I would contact my insurance company. Now, I sit in my scorching hot car writing this review and Googling how to cancel this worthless service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called on 8/10 for help with a dead battery. After 4 hours, yes 4 hours, I finally cancelled the call because I had other commitments. I called again on 8/11 and finally got a jump for my battery. A few days later I got a letter from AARP Roadside Assistance saying that I had used two of three allotted assistance calls. I called customer service and asked for the two dates of receiving assistance, and was told they were 8/10 and 8/11. I was furious and explained they were the same and why I had two calls and the rep finally agreed to cancel one. I am very happy to join the long lists of reviews that rated a one star, and I only wish I had the option to rate at 0 stars. I will cancel my service as soon as my existing term is completed.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Apparently AARP and Allstate don’t read these reviews or don’t care! I have been trading for over a month to be reimbursed for an out of pocket towing expense. I was told the claim is in their system but it would take 10-14 days for them to “figure out” why it hasn’t been paid! When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told it would take 5-7 days for one to call me back!!!! Unacceptable!!!! Worst customer service ever!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

Original review: July 24, 2019

AARP Roadside Assistance from ALLSTATE is the worst company to do business with!!! I have just been on the phone with a supposed supervisor with this company who gave me only the name Michael, refused to give me a last name or a phone number or employee number or a manager. I had a $40 claim from April 26, 2019 that I paid and was requesting reimbursement for. My battery had died. I called the roadside assistance number for help and was told it would be at least 2 hours before help would arrive. I was in a small town, and was told the help was coming from a local provider. I looked up the provider's phone number I was given, and they were actually 55-60 miles away. I called a local company who were there in 5 minutes. They jumped my battery and only charged $40, and I was on my way. I submitted the original bill with a letter explaining the circumstances and waited for my reimbursement.

I received my paperwork back stating I failed to include my membership number. My name, address and phone number were on the paperwork. I included the information requested and returned the paperwork in the envelope they provided. I received a bill for a 1 year renewal and paid it in good faith, believing they would give me good service in the future and reimburse me for my claim. This company has done nothing but lie to me. They told me the company responding to my call for help was local, and it was not. I called inquiring about my reimbursement and got someone who spoke poor English in India who said she had the claim on the computer but it was denied. I asked why and she said because my name wasn’t on it. My name was on it on every page sent to them. I asked for a manager and she said no one was available. BS. I’ve worked insurance most of my life and I know there are managers in every office.

I hung up and called again, got India again and requested to speak to someone in the USA. I was transferred to someone who sounded American. She said my claim was never received. Who is lying? India saying it was denied or America saying it was never received? Asked for a manager. I got Michael who refused to give me his last name, employee number or phone number where he can be reached. He refused to give me information so I could contact the corporate office.

He was going to forward my request for the reimbursement for my claim that he said they hadn’t received and my request for a full refund for the $59 I paid for the current year. I have had no claims since the renewal, yet they will not give me a full refund so I can go to another company. I trusted AARP and ALLSTATE to be reputable companies. I never dreamed I would get this runaround and poor service. DO NOT BE TRICKED INTO USING THESE DISREPUTABLE COMPANIES. Sent from my iPhone.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I called to get help adding a vehicle to "My Vehicles" list. I wanted to add my F-350 pickup truck to my list. After a rather short hold I was informed that this is a Heavy Duty Truck and that is is not coverable under the "Premier" plan. This is the most expensive plan offered and the RV plan is actually cheaper. Just an FYI for anyone considering the AARP Roadside assistance Plan by Allstate. I promptly cancelled the plan but was only reimbursed for the months not covered although I never used any service. The App is useless as well as you end up having to call anyway.

Original review: June 24, 2019

Our first use of this product turned out to be our last. Our vehicle broke down in a suburb area. We called the service and it seemed to run smoothly. The person we spoke with was courteous and the call was short. We were told it would be a 70 minute wait. That was shocking because we're in a very populated area, not in the middle of nowhere. But we figured that was the cost of using the service, our time. We receive the text telling us the company selected and their phone number so we call and confirm that we are on their list. Yep - all seems good. So we wait 70 minutes then call the tow company back to check on the status because they're late. That's when we find out that AARP cancelled the tow request.

We call AARP back to find that they cancelled the 1st wrecker and scheduled a 2nd wrecker only they never called us back for the $30 payment, so they never actually scheduled the tow. So now we've been waiting for 1.5 hours only to be back at the beginning of the wait. We're told that they will have to charge us a second $30 charge, reimburse the first charge in 4 days, and schedule the tow which will take 70 minutes. The round and round to figure this much out took about 30 minutes. Then after a second 70 minute wait the wrecker service was 15 minutes late. So in total our first experience with AARP Roadside cost us $65 (for the extra 3 mile tow) and a little over three hours. Thankfully it was just my husband and myself that day. If our four children would have been with us there is no way we could have been stuck on the side of the road for 3+ hours.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Shame on me for not reading these reviews before I enrolled. I figured, "AARP"-"ALLSTATE".... What could go wrong? This may actually be a scam. I had a dead battery and needed a jumpstart. I went to my phone app and after completing the required information I watched the screen telling me "locating a provider" for about 3 minutes. Then a message came on telling me to call in. I did.... And guess what? I got someone in INDIA that was going to try to locate a provider for me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? She said she would call me back when she found a provider in my area. SHE NEVER CALLED!!! SURPRISE, SURPRISE!! Fortunately about an hour later a person stopped to ask me if I need help. He had a jump box and started my car for me!! I was on my way NO THANKS TO AARP ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: May 7, 2019

When I called for roadside assistance from AARP Roadside Assistance I had just blown out two tires on my Motor Home, I was asked for my GPS coordinates. I was not able to determine my coordinates. I was able to provide that I was at Mile Marker 138 headed North on Interstate 45. They should have been able to locate me with that information. Roadside assistance then asked what town I was in. Again, I didn’t know where I was at. I was then told that I would be receiving updates via text messages, and phone calls. I did not receive any phone calls, and the text message just stated that someone could not come out for two hours.

I called the Texas State Highway Patrol who in turn was able to forward my call to the Madison County Sherriff’s Department. The Sherriff’s Department contacted Madison County Tire Service to bring me two tires to put on my motor home. The Sherriff’s Department then came and waited for the Madison County Tire Service to arrive with my two tires, and for the installation of both. When I called back to AARP Roadside Assistance regarding my initial call, I was informed that they cancelled the call because there was not anyone within eleven miles of my location that could assist.

Overall, I am VERY disappointed with the AARP Roadside Assistance. I was actually NOT provided any assistance from AARP Roadside Assistance. I had to make all the necessary calls myself, in a broken down vehicle, on the shoulder of a very busy highway. I signed up with the AARP Roadside Assistance program for peace of mind while traveling. Not only am I disappointed in the level of service I received, but I no longer have the peace of mind I was hoping for. Unfortunately AARP Roadside Assistance has already received my payment for the year, but I will not be renewing in the future. Furthermore, I will make sure to mention to everyone I know, including internet reviews as well.

AARP Roadside Assistance Company Information