Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

AARP Roadside Assistance

AARP Roadside Assistance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

AARP offers roadside assistance through Allstate. AARP members who sign up for roadside assistance can get help 24/7 if they have a flat tire, need their car towed, run out of gas, have a dead car battery or lock their keys in their car. Members are covered in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

AARP Roadside Assistance Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

First time I called I waited over 4 hours to have a tire changed, ended up changing it myself. Last year had an accident, police wanted car moved. Called. Had called for roadside assistance needing a tow, could not get through to them so police said to get someone else to tow vehicle or they would have it towed, they suggested some close. I called them and they were right there and towed my auto home. The charge was $215.00 and I tried 5 times to get reimbursed and they kept denying my claim.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Great service if you don't mind waiting 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours and then having no one show up. Use at your own peril. No way to run a business. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Sign up at your own peril.

Get expert buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I will no longer use AARP Roadside service. I have been a member for years. I have not needed to call them for 3 years for any service. I received a phone call last week asking if I wanted to renew my membership, they stated it would be same rate I paid last year. I accepted the offer, and gave them my credit card number. I checked my credit card today and they charged me $94.00 instead of the $83.00 I paid last year. I then called and was transferred to a call center. The man I spoke with told me I could cancel but they will prorate it and only give me back $74.00 because they were back dating my coverage to November! I am challenging my charge with the credit card company and going on social media to let people know how dishonest this is!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My car broke down & I called AARP. I have had AARPRoadside for years. I was broken down on I-20 in Arlington Tx and needed TOWING. It took them 4 calls & over 3 hours to come get me. It was very dangerous. I did not expect this terrible service. I will not renew with AARP. I believe their other benefits will be awful also. I finally gave up & called my own wrecker for $100. AARP has yet to reimburse me. Or even contact me after I sent in my receipt & documentation. Don't waste your money. Customer service was a smart aleck & played dumb. I'm cancelling my policy and advising ALLSTATE, My insurance company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I would give this company ZERO stars if possible! 1st: Car broke on the Interstate, they send a "link" that doesn't work. Someone on the phone hangs up in the middle of the call. Got towing company myself. 2nd: sent in claim, they misread the date as expired. Sent explanation with original receipt, and they say they didn't receive the letter. Sent everything again (address confirmed!) but they even didn't receive that second letter! Cancelled membership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My daughter was robbed at gunpoint and they stole her car. We actually got the car back one hour later in a really bad part of town. The Harris County Sheriff's department was there and we decided to drop the case so they CLEARED the car from being stolen and I needed a tow. I called the number off my AARP card and they said they could not tow it since it was involved in a robbery. So, I asked for a supervisor and the Deputy got on the phone and told them the car was cleared and they still would not tow my car. I bought this membership for my two daughters and literally in our darkest hour of need when we were in a bad part of town, they stranded us there. Luckily, I had the money to pay for a tow out of my own pocket.

I called today (7 days later) and spoke with them and said I need a copy of that policy of why you would not tow my car. They apparently don't have one. The supervisor claims that if I mail them the bill they will reimburse me. So, what was the point of even having this service? There is none and I suspect they are a scam. AARP and Allstate are scammers. Save your money.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I had a flat tire on a Monday and used the app to report at 2pm. It said it would take 130 minutes. I waited (in the heat) watching the minute countdown until it said 70 minutes to wait, then it stopped!!! I called the customer service number and they had no record of my app request but said they would find a provider. After holding the rep came back and said the nearest provider didn’t have the equipment to change a tire. Huh???? She offered to try try another provider, but I told her I would contact my insurance company. Now, I sit in my scorching hot car writing this review and Googling how to cancel this worthless service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I called on 8/10 for help with a dead battery. After 4 hours, yes 4 hours, I finally cancelled the call because I had other commitments. I called again on 8/11 and finally got a jump for my battery. A few days later I got a letter from AARP Roadside Assistance saying that I had used two of three allotted assistance calls. I called customer service and asked for the two dates of receiving assistance, and was told they were 8/10 and 8/11. I was furious and explained they were the same and why I had two calls and the rep finally agreed to cancel one. I am very happy to join the long lists of reviews that rated a one star, and I only wish I had the option to rate at 0 stars. I will cancel my service as soon as my existing term is completed.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Apparently AARP and Allstate don’t read these reviews or don’t care! I have been trading for over a month to be reimbursed for an out of pocket towing expense. I was told the claim is in their system but it would take 10-14 days for them to “figure out” why it hasn’t been paid! When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told it would take 5-7 days for one to call me back!!!! Unacceptable!!!! Worst customer service ever!!!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

AARP Roadside Assistance from ALLSTATE is the worst company to do business with!!! I have just been on the phone with a supposed supervisor with this company who gave me only the name Michael, refused to give me a last name or a phone number or employee number or a manager. I had a $40 claim from April 26, 2019 that I paid and was requesting reimbursement for. My battery had died. I called the roadside assistance number for help and was told it would be at least 2 hours before help would arrive. I was in a small town, and was told the help was coming from a local provider. I looked up the provider's phone number I was given, and they were actually 55-60 miles away. I called a local company who were there in 5 minutes. They jumped my battery and only charged $40, and I was on my way. I submitted the original bill with a letter explaining the circumstances and waited for my reimbursement.

I received my paperwork back stating I failed to include my membership number. My name, address and phone number were on the paperwork. I included the information requested and returned the paperwork in the envelope they provided. I received a bill for a 1 year renewal and paid it in good faith, believing they would give me good service in the future and reimburse me for my claim. This company has done nothing but lie to me. They told me the company responding to my call for help was local, and it was not. I called inquiring about my reimbursement and got someone who spoke poor English in India who said she had the claim on the computer but it was denied. I asked why and she said because my name wasn’t on it. My name was on it on every page sent to them. I asked for a manager and she said no one was available. BS. I’ve worked insurance most of my life and I know there are managers in every office.

I hung up and called again, got India again and requested to speak to someone in the USA. I was transferred to someone who sounded American. She said my claim was never received. Who is lying? India saying it was denied or America saying it was never received? Asked for a manager. I got Michael who refused to give me his last name, employee number or phone number where he can be reached. He refused to give me information so I could contact the corporate office.

He was going to forward my request for the reimbursement for my claim that he said they hadn’t received and my request for a full refund for the $59 I paid for the current year. I have had no claims since the renewal, yet they will not give me a full refund so I can go to another company. I trusted AARP and ALLSTATE to be reputable companies. I never dreamed I would get this runaround and poor service. DO NOT BE TRICKED INTO USING THESE DISREPUTABLE COMPANIES. Sent from my iPhone.

AARP Roadside Assistance Company Information