New Era Cookware

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased 2 qt pot at a Home & Garden show Concord, CA, on Nov. 11, 2003, and it came with a "new transferable forever/lifetime warranty" on the back of my yellow receipt (salesman was David **, now retired). Over the past year, I noticed that the surface metal layer on the inside bottom of the pot started chipping off and the next layer, aluminum, is now exposed (exposure of food to aluminum is bad for our health). I use only wooden spoons with my cookware, and never cook with salt. There's also a defect on the plastic part of the handle, it looks like from heat exposure during cooking. We never wash our cookware in the dishwasher. I contacted Darrel ** of Customer Service, 1-800-356-2160 Ext ** and emailed him the photos.

His response came in more than one week, after 2 v-mails and a follow-up email: "There is only 2 ways them nicks can get in those pans is if metal utensils or cooking with salt over time will cause those. These is nothing that can get in your food. As for handles I am attaching an order form for new handles. You can send in order form with check or money order or call me at the number below and you can get them over the phone with your credit card..." So much for the lifetime warranty which supposedly included the handles. Nowhere it said that handles were not included into that warranty. BEWARE OF THIS DISHONEST BUSINESS AND THEIR DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS!

Purchased my set in 2000 at a demonstration in front of a store. I own 5 different size pots/pans in the 7-ply stainless and titanium. Initially I regretted spending $1k+ on cookware and even my neighbor shook his head in disbelief that I spent so much. Fortunately, my money was well spent because 15 years later the cookware still has a mirror shine on the outside and does what it's supposed to do: cook food. I don't use the electric oil core skillet, the stainless strainer/steamer with handle, egg poacher set, and the metal food processor with hand crank. I'm also pleased they're made in the U.S.A.

The cons: the handles occasionally are loose and require a screwdriver to tighten. The pot's long handles are no longer glossy and feel rough - probably from the heat radiating from the stove's burners. Also, you must soak cookware in hot soapy water to remove the remains of mac and cheese because it sticks like glue. If frying eggs, you use low heat and also must nonstick spray. And finally, New Era now sells replacement knobs and handles at their website.

I have a set of New Era Cookware (15 years old). The guarantee included replacement handles if any ever broke or damaged. Well now I need some replacement handles & every phone # is just a recording with never a return call. Every address I can find is not in existence. I've talked to 2 reps at 2 different homeshows in Houston & all their info was fake. I'll never deal with New Era again & I'll tell everyone I know about their fake guarantees!

Love the cookware, have had no problem for 20+ years, looks as good today as the day I bought it. Problem is trying to replace any items. Cannot find any internet sources, tried to contact manufacturer to purchase a small sauce pan, no response. They said when I purchased life time replacement, great! But I can't buy or replace anything.

My Husband and I attended a New Era cookware seminar, where we were supposed to receive a free all-inclusive trip of our choice for listening to a sales ploy. We attended and bought in to the sales pitch and ended up spending $1500 on cookware. The salesman told us we would get a free trip for attending the seminar. I used the website that was on the brochure on three different computers thinking there was a firewall or something blocking it but it was nothing, it's a scam. They sell their product like they are suppose to but make you sign a contract that holds to it after three days, however, this takes 3-6 weeks to receive your product.

This cookware isn't even necessary. It sounds good but it's HORRIBLE and very very very expensive. The cookware is hard to clean and burns easily. The main problem with this whole transaction is the deception and lack of communication. The salesman just plain lied to and took advantage of us. This was a learning experience and I hope no one else has to learn the hard way like we did. Disappointment. We are just entered our marriage an additional $1500 in debt on (3) piece cookware. We are planning and paying for our wedding by ourselves so we were definitely enticed by the free vacations. We thought we could actually afford to go on a honeymoon because it would be free if we purchased New Era's products. Now we have to cut back even more on our wedding plans and there will be no honeymoon. Thanks a lot, New Era!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Era Cookware?

I own a set or the remains of it, Flavorseal by Cory cookware. I purchased the set I. Either 1956 or 1957. A sales rep came to our home where I was living with my family, just out of high school in Chicago where I was single, working and no special relationships. My mom said I should get the cookware. They even offered a payment plan. Paid for the pots. Packed them away and that was that. Well, Mr Right came along. We were wed Nov.1960 and are still married. Through those years, I cooked many a meal for our ever growing family. Also was given a set of Revere pots which never did match up. Still using my original cookware today, 53 years later. Could use a new handle or two, but that's all. Hope some enjoys my comment.

My fiancé and I purchased this cookware and knife set at one of their shows in Atlanta in September. A month later, we received a product that seemed as described. Upon further review and single use, the pans were stained and popped on the bottom, even though on low heat. I may also mention that I am a corporate chef of seven restaurants in the Atlanta area, so I know how to use this equipment. The knives were worse. After slicing two onions, the edge was gone and couldn't slice a tomato. I tried other knives in the set, exact same problem. I called customer service and this is where the true nightmare began. They were the rudest people I have ever dealt with, and I was told that I was out of luck and they refused to refund my product. They tried to talk down to me and explain how I was doing stuff wrong.

The two ladies that I dealt with were Shelly and Erica. Erica is apparently the CEO's wife, yet she refused to give me any info as how to speak with her supervisor. Make no mistake about it, this is 100% scam. It’s unfortunate about our situation, but hopefully this can save some other couples from making the same mistake that we did. They are a complete disgrace. They preach that they are 100% American and they support the America’s economic growth and this and that. This is just an embarrassment to the American hard worker who tries to earn an honest living. Please do not buy into this scam of a company. I promise that you will regret it and you’d be stuck with ridiculous payments. Thanks for reading.

I purchased my New Era Cookware in 1986 approximately. I love them and would recommend them. I had a handle break on my fry pan in 2006, sent it back to the company and they sent me a new one, no hassle. It does take a different mindset to cook with them but they are great. I couldn't figure what I have saved over the years and they still look new. The kids are just waiting for them in my will!

New Era Stainless steel cookware used to be called Flavor seal by Cory cookware. I purchased this cookware in 1960 - it was advertised as waterless cookware and it has lasted 50 years. It is a wonderful cookware but beware, it does not currently and did not in 1960 cooked without water. It is a gimmick to sell the cookware. Using the cookware the traditional way will work just fine but cooking without water or grease in the cooking utensils will cause the food to burn.

My fianc and I attended a New Era cookware seminar, where we were supposed to receive a free all-inclusive trip of our choice for listening to a sales ploy. We attended and bought in to the sales pitch and ended up spending $2000 on cookware. The salesman told us we would get a free trip for attending the seminar, a cruise for purchasing the item, and an additional cruise for paying with Mastercard.

First of all, we never received our cookware. The salesman said it would take three weeks. After waiting six weeks we called him and got no response. When we contacted the company they said they would call us back and never did. We called the company again and they said the salesman got our paperwork messed up.

After waiting eight weeks we finally got the cookware, just to again be disappointed. The salesman said we would get recipes and a video to teach us how to use the cookware. We received neither. We also only got an info packet for one of the cruises, and it said we had to pay $198 each for service fees. The other trip that we were supposed to receive was just the same - a scam. The only information we ever got was the form asking us for the refundable $49 reservation fee, which still has not been refunded to us. We have tried to contact our salesman several times to get a phone number of someone we should get in touch with to get our deposit and never got a response.

He emailed me once saying he was "looking into the matter" but that was three weeks ago. The cookware itself is okay, but it hardly lives up to any of the expectations the salesman made. The cookware is hard to clean and burns easily. This whole mess could have been easily avoided if the salesman would have gotten back in contact with us and helped us use the cookware liked he promised he would. The main problem with this whole transaction is the deception and lack of communication. The salesman just plain lied to and took advantage of us. I am honestly surprised we ever received the cookware in the first place. This was a learning experience and I hope no one else has to learn the hard way like we did.

disappointment. We are now entering marriage an additional $2000 in debt. We are planning and paying for our wedding by ourselves so we were definitely enticed by the free vacations. We thought we could actually afford to go on a honeymoon because it would be free if we purchased New Era's products. Now we have to cut back even more on our wedding plans and there will be no honeymoon. Thanks a lot, New Era!

In April 2001 my husband and I purchased a set of New Era cookware for $1200. We didn't receive all the pieces with the shipment, and the pans we did receive have loose handles. Additionally, we were promised in-home training, which we never received; we were also promised cooking classes in Milwaukee with other couples who had purchased the cookware and never received those classes.

The food burns and sticks to the bottom of the pans. I was in tears trying to cook and finally told my husband that I will never use the cookware again. It sits in the cupboard collecting dust. We tried to contact our salesman but were unable to do so. Calling the company also proved futile.

It takes hours to clean the cookware. The food always sticks or burns, no matter how low the heat.

I received a call from Rick telling me I had won a Turkey Roaster from his drawing he held at the Spearfish Home Show and along with that I also won a catered dinner from Pro Health for myself, my husband and 2 other couples. Then I received a letter stating there were no strings attached and "they" would cook, serve and clean up. Little did I know, I was allowing a salesman in my home, unannounced.

I enjoyed the dinner. With all his smooth talking, my husband and I bought the cookware to the tune of $1500.00. We didn't receive all the peices with the shipment, one piece was broke, and then when we did get the rest of our order, it was the wrong items, items that Rick said were out of date and no longer sold by his company. About 8 weeks after we ordered the cookware we received all pieces.

The food processor doesn't stay on its stand, the suction cups don't stay sealed to the counter. The handles on the cookware pieces are always loose and it takes me more time to clean up than it did when we had T-Fal pans. One of Rick guarantees was that this cookware would get me out of the kitchen faster to spend more time with my family. Yeah, it does alright, because I have to let the cookware soak overnight in order to clean it more easily.

Then, I thought maybe I could start cooking and selling this cookware, I was wrong. I attended a few of his dinners for training and what I witnessed was horrible. He cooked for a caterer here in town and she had already purchased the cookware and this was a demo for her friends. When we arrived, she was very sad because the pancake gridle she purchased was charred and she felt like a failing mother because she couldn't cook pancakes for her husband and kids. Rick told her she was doing everything wrong and told her how she should be cooking and then cleaned her pan, which took him a good 15-20 minutes to get all the burnt batter off.

Then after she left the room, he said, "Well, I'm sorry but we don't have a money back guarantee. You buy them and that's it, you have to learn to use them right." Needless to say, I didn't have the drive to sell this cookware anymore. To this day I curse under my breath everytime I use the cookware and sign the check to send to the finance company. I contacted the phone number listed on the help video that is supposed to reach the president of the company, but that phone number goes directly to Equitable Finace Corp, and they can't transfer you to anyone who works in the New Era Office. They won't even have someone call you back. You can't return the pans because they won't take them back!

I have cookware that doesn't work as guaranteed, waterless & oiless. I am paying $1500.00 and it's financed at 21.9%. My husband and I both feel cheated. We cold have gone to Wal-Mart and bought new pans from them and if we weren't satisfied we could have returned them and paid 3% of what New Era charged us.

New Era Cookware was sold to me by someone called Sam, who ran mail order about ten years ago, with claims to be waterless and oilless. I confirm what I have seen posted on the web, that it isn't. It is also hard to clean. And the handles come off, and also break.

We had Tony J. come to our house and demostrate New Era cookware which we decided to purchase. Upon recieving cookware we used them and were not satisfied with them. We contacted Tony who came out to help us use them.

We then used them the following day and still was not satisfied. We then contacted Tony to return items but he said we could not through him and we would have to contact the finance company which I did with no success.

I then contacted the manufacturer which would not accept them back and said I had to go through my salesman. I have had no success.

This cookware was demo'd to me as waterless and oilless cookware which they are not and to also save time on how fast they cook. The clean-up is twice as long all of this for $1,600.

They will not take cookware back and say they are going to charge it off and ruin our credit.

After going to a demo on this cookware, I was impressed and purchased the items. The handles come loose so often, I have a screwdriver in the kitchen. They are extremely hard to clean. Food burns quickly on low heat. The "stack cooking" feature is a joke. Cookware bought at Walmart lasts longer, is better made, and costs a fraction of New Era.

I feel "taken." I get so frustrated when I have to use these for anything.

At first we really enjoyed using our pots. After a few months of use, the bottoms of the pots began to loosen and now it looks as if they are going to fall off. I am scared some day when I am cooking the pot is going to explode and it really does fall off. Don promised these were the best pots in the world, that they were guaranteed for life. We were supposed to get a deal on these but still paid a hefty price for them to fall apart in two years when they have a lifetime warranty. One good thing about them has been cleaning them. I found most things come off with ease, but that does not make up for these pots falling apart. Thank you.

I own New Era cookware. Am not and never have been affiliated and have been very pleased. However, my wife and I had to learn to adjust to this new way of cooking. After a disastrous meal where everything burned, the salesman came back and explained that they MUST be used on medium for 3-5 min. and then turned down to low or simmer, otherwise they will burn and clean-up will be difficult. Of course, a minimal amount of water (a rinsing) is necessary when cooking vegetables. I have had no problem cooking chicken or roasts with absolutely no grease when cooked at low temp. I think that the problem is not so much with the product as with the salesman's failure to fully explain use and preparation when using the pans.

New Era Cookware Company Profile