Southern Energy Homes

Double Springs, AL

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought the house in 2005. This spring we noticed there was a leak at the dining room light fixture. I went up on the roof to look for any loose shingles. What I found was even worse. Apparently when they put the two halves of the house together (double wide) they had to install the finishing shingles. Upon doing this while cutting open the packages of shingles, they sliced several already installed shingles. Over the past 10-11 years the cut shingles split and caused wide (1"-2") gaps. This was done in 2 different spots on the roof. Approximately 20 shingles were sliced. I sprayed sealant over the cuts and stopped the leaking. However, I would like to get this repaired at no cost since the roof should last 20 years. Unfortunately, Southern home's is out of business (I wonder why). I don't have the information on the construction crew that did the work. What to do??? I guess I will need to just get a new roof in a couple years.

On February 22, 2016 I ordered a Southern Energy home. I paid half of the price. As of this date, November 19, 2016, I have NO home. This honestly has been the worst experience of my life. Not only have I had to try to recover the money, I have a prepared home site with NO trailer. MANY LIES, NO TRAILER.

My wife and I bought a Southern Energy home about 15 years ago. While not perfect, we were fairly satisfied until recently. My wife complained about an electric smell and noise in the kitchen. Upon investigating, I noticed that the electric outlet (GFCI protected) was sparking. I opened the receptacle and found the insulation charred on the "Hot" wire. I also noted that it looked as if 14 gauge wire was used in the kitchen - violation of National Electric Code. I also noted that the receptacle was certified for only a 15 amp breaker, which is also a violation of the NEC. Incidentally, the 14 gauge wire is run to a 20 amp circuit breaker, which is a third violation of the NEC.

I have not yet approached Southern Energy yet, since I just discovered these problems. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems with code compliance. By the way, the NEC has required 12 gauge wiring in kitchens since back in the 80's, as well as 20 amp circuits for the kitchen and den. I also am a licensed Journeyman Electrician.

We purchased our home from King's Mobile Homes in Rice, TX in May 2015, the house was set in July 2015. I have had nothing but problems getting what they refer to as 'just cosmetic' issues corrected. The built-in wall unit in my living room is so crooked and un-level that anyone coming in the door can immediately see the problem. They said they were going to replace it. The repairman came out with the new unit, looked at the existing unit, said he could fix it without replacing it, made a few adjustments to it, it is not level, in fact it is worse now than it was. They now refuse to come back out and correct that issue. My storm door didn't fit in the opening. It had a gap at the bottom of over 1/2". After many people coming out to look at it, replacing the entire door system 3 times, they finally got it corrected and then left the wall around it unrepaired.

All of my doors are unlevel, my floors have bumps in them, my cabinet doors are falling off, I have a small hole to the outside in my kitchen up near the ceiling, my a/c unit looks like it is either too big or too small for the opening. All my tile is cracking, all the crown molding is separating from the wall and the strip over the center is crooked and looks like one side is lower than the other. I have never been so unhappy with anything in my life. I paid over $100,000 for this house, traded one that was 20 years old and I can honestly tell you that the 20-year-old house looked better than the new one. My concern is that if what I see looks so bad, what is the situation with all the stuff I can't see.

Purchased 2009 Southern Energy Home have had nothing but trouble. A/C has been worked on numerous times still having issues and it's now out of warranty. All doorknobs are falling apart. The answer to fix that was to super glue them on. Really?? Closet door in Master Bedroom is still uneven. No one ever attempted to try and fix. Shingles on the roof were laid wrong now we are on leak # 2 (that we know of). Cracks in sheet rock (the ones that were repaired) when the walls were painted they did not match the paint back up.

And then there is the cracks that were never touched. So we now have different colored walls. Have windows that will not open and shut correctly. Siding that is buckled. Have a drawer in the kitchen that will not open all the way. Carpet seam in living room coming apart within a year of purchase. Toilet plumbing not anchored to the floor just moves freely. Shower door that you have to pick up on to open. My crap list goes on and on. To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. I wish I could do this all over again and I can promise I would not have took this route.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern Energy Homes?

Here I am again still having major problems with the electrical issues. Everyone needs to get a class act together with this company. I have thousands of dollars out and no one to turn to. Southern Energy needs to be held responsible with all the CHEAP construction we all bought in good faith.

We bought a model home {was talked into it by the sales person}. I could go on and on about the hundreds of issues with this house but I will keep it simple-- don't waste your money - it is assembled with the cheapest materials on the market. It does have good insulation in it but the rest of EVERYTHING is junk materials. I should write a book about what to look for when buying 1 of these homes - it may be a bestseller. I am slowly refurbishing room by room with quality materials-- starting with the floors up-- it will have to be completely rebuilt as I doubt it would last 15 years with their cheap materials and workmanship. Beware of SE homes.

I highly recommend before you buy that you do a thorough check of the seller of the home and of the builder of the home. I thought I did, but was I fooled. Now, I feel... No, I know that we've made the biggest mistake of our lives. Beware of SE Homes. Oakwood also. Bought our home through Oakwood homes in Amarillo and closed on it in late December of 2014. Home was delivered and we moved in mid January 2015. After a few minor fixes from the local seller, there was a loud popping/creaking noise coming from the flooring in different locations. The local seller came and looked and said it would be a factory fix. A guy showed up and said the kitchen island, dishwasher and all would have to be removed and the linoleum laid back to make the repairs and he would tell the factory.

Finally another group showed up. He did not do what was recommended but did some repairs under the house, and cut the linoleum from the cabinets and screwed down one area. I got home from work and the wife was fit to be tied. The floor was still popping in different locations and where he moved the refrigerator, the floor covering had 2 large dents in it and scratches and marring. Plus he had chipped the countertop and tried to hide it. I raised cane with the local dealer and they got the factory back out. He stayed all day and repaired a couple of places and got the large dent out of the floor covering, but nothing with the scratches. Said that was all he could do. So I guess I am left with damaged floor covering? Plus the 1st guy used a staple gun to put the linoleum back down. ON TOP OF THE LINOLEUM!!! And mis-cut it from the cabinets. As one consumer stated, these factory repairmen are NOT professionals.

Also, the mud/tape I paid extra for, I think I did a better job the 1st time I did mud/tape. You can see the tape under the gob of texture. They tried to hide the joint with texture. When the light is just right, you can see every seam in the kitchen and living room. In fact in all rooms. The doors ordered were to be 34" doors. They measure 32". I was told I did not know how to measure.

I've now been told that the continued popping noise in the floor is due to settling in the house, the doors are measured including the casing as I sent a photo of the measurement and they will not do anything about the mud/tape or the damaged floor covering. They have attempted with hammers to seal the front/back door as you can see daylight from the knob to the floor. Cabinet doors throughout the home loose and sagging and hinges coming out of cabinet. Everywhere I look, I want to vomit. Very poor craftsmanship from the ground up and in the repair. I take it that after only a mere 7 months of living in the house, I am stuck with a total piece of junk that I still have to continue to make payments on.

Bought a Southern Homes mobile home In October 2014. Mobile home was delivered by Timberline Homes in Brewton AL. Home had holes in ceiling and drywall, stain on carpet, electrically wired wrong in master bath. The factory did not cut in attic space to connect a/c duct. All of ceilings are scratched. The people they send to fix these issues are not professionals. There is no service after the sale. Buyer beware should be this business' motto. Have warranty issues that they are in no hurry to fix. I guess they are trying to run the clock out on time. Decking in half of house is popped up. They say it's no problem to fix but yet here we are 5 months later. All plumbing fixtures were loose and leaked. They apparently have no QA department to check behind the work that this factory does. Cabinets hinges and doors are crooked.

Timberline homes in Brewton AL is no better, everything is the dealer's fault and Southern Homes says everything is the dealership's fault. I thought I done my homework on this place but apparently I didn't do a good enough job. If anybody has not gotten what they paid for with this quack company, let's get together and discuss it with the right people if you know what I mean. There is strength in numbers and we do have right to recourse.

Have a 2010 #16 southern energy. Nothing but big problems. Had to put new roof on in 2011. Every time wind blew tiles flew off. Put 1700.00 into air cond. Frigidaire burnt out in 2015. Another 1500.00. Whirlpool tub no longer works, kitchen faucets fell off, heat and air ducts not connected through. House back door lock no longer works and it still continues thing no working or broken. What a waste of money. Very very sorry I ever bought it and of course can’t sell these things. What a scam.

Our home was delivered in September 2014. It is now February 2015 and we are still waiting for the manufacturer to complete our home. It was delivered with cabinets chewed up, scuffed, and peeling. The cabinet panels shake. The LP siding on the house is buckled and FALLING OFF! The house was not constructed per the plans. We have closets where there should be shelves, we had to install our washer sideways because the water hook up is on the side of the wall, the sections are not level, the strip used for the flooring sits off the floor an inch and is a tripping hazard. The breakers in the electrical box were marked incorrectly so the hot water heater blew.

The worst part is the case opening between the living room and the kitchen is 6' tall. People have to bend over. There was supposed to have been a 6" drop that was not cut per the plans. The roof leaks. They had to make field cuts because the tags wouldn't fit properly. There is an "I don't care" attitude. We'll get to it when we can. Believe the other reviews. Southern Energy Homes are junk.

We purchased our Southern Energy Home Feb 2014. Was the worse mistake of our lives!! It has been nothing but trouble from the beginning!! The main complaint is: The Vinyl Siding was installed incorrectly from the manufacturer. It is wavy and bulking around the whole house. We have tried numerous times to have them fix the issue. They sent unprofessional contractors two different times, with teenagers to work on the house. They didn't know what was wrong or how to repair it!! They said this was all they were going to do.

The only way we could get Southern Energy to come look at the house was to contact the State Of Alabama. They came out to the house in Aug 2014 and they were really nice, and said they were going to take care of the problem. We have yet to hear from them nor will they return our phone calls, to fix the problem. We are paying OUR hard working money for this home, that looks awful and they could care less!! They got their money so, they are not worried about us nor the house, that is supposed to be under warranty, that they built that looks like a piece of JUNK...that I have to drive up to each day and look at where my money... is going to!!! I just want the Vinyl Siding replaced and installed correctly!! I will not give up!!!

I called the dealer I purchased home from at the time and of course it had changed owners, but same manager. I complained about opening under tub big enough for any rodent to come through and I had a baby at the time. I had problems with rodents and once a snake coming up from these holes. I have a problem with the molding around ceiling coming off exposing 1' inch ceiling not covered. Now I have problems with insects crawling up the walls into my house every day. I have leaks in lights causing mold and leaks around patio door and leaks in bedrooms. My carpet have rolls in them. My cabinet drawers have all come apart.

When they put my home together in 1998, the roofers left nails and roofing all over the place not nailed down. When it rained, all roofing fell to the ground or when the wind blew. The doors swells and causes space between doors for air to escape in. You can actually see the space from light outside. Rodents come up behind the wall to kitchen. I purchased this home from Kelly homes in North Carolina and the manager then is now the owner of the new company under a different name. I had talked to him previous about the problem and he just brushed me aside and said there is nothing he can do, because the company was a different company now. He was the manager then and now he owns it.

We bought a triple wide and it was delivered Sept 16th and no one from the factory has yet come to our house to work on our house. It's been almost 3 months and we still can't move in our house. The shower is cracked and would leak if we used it. Hole in the ceiling, cabinets scratched and scuffed up and that's how it looked when came from factory. Crown molding falling off ceiling, walls not floated well......I want my house finished!!

I had problems every year something breaks down. When I first bought it in 2002 has been something. First and they took months to come repair. The counter tops were broken. They have never repaired it correctly. It is still torn in the conner. Carpet cheap, cheap cheap, and DID not last 4 years. It rained in my closets, and mold. These are only a few things. They never fix anything properly.

Contacted SEhomes numerous times about problems. They fixed a few things but never returned to fix anything else. As to date I have a lot of things needing attention and they haven't tried to do anything. Stopped payments, hoping that would work but it hasn't. I have to catch up on payment so I don't get foreclosed on by poor advice I stopped payments.

Purchased home in 2006. Roof leaks in master bathroom, 2nd bedroom, and most importantly thru overhead vent in kitchen. Back in late 2006, the service mgr said she would have someone come out within 3-4 months. No one ever showed up. Had to pay out of pocket for all repairs including the inside damage. Will never deal with them or recommend their brands again!

In my thinking, they use cheap water-base paint. I will be wheelchair-bound soon and order the house without carpet for that reason. I was told it cost more to prepare the sub-floor. Then asked to sign if they left junk on floor, they would not take care of it. They also never told me they put an ugly steel strip across the house where the two halves is join (boy it makes house ugly). When I call, they just say "see what we can do" and never get called back. There's also a cut in floor cover and they try to glue it but did not work, and as of today, yet to hear from them. Make sure all items you want in writing. If not in writing, they will use it against you. The salesmen as well. This is my thinking.

We purchased a new Southern Energy Home in 2006. We found water leaking into our walls in 2010 from an improperly built roof. A building inspector found mold in our home, which explained why we were all getting sick. Our home was four years old and we had to move out. We tried to get help from Southern Energy, but the company spent more money on experts to win the case than it would have cost to fix the home. If you are considering a manufactured home, do not buy a Southern Energy! They are very poorly built and the customer service with the company is non-existent. I wrote a letter to Warren Buffett since he owns Clayton Homes. Southern Energy is a subsidiary of Clayton Homes. I never got a response to my letter. As long as they have their money, they do not care about the customer. Run, don't walk, away from buying a Southern Energy home!

The home is a death trap. The fire marshal wrote a report up on it and I took them to court. But with rich lawyers, you can’t beat them. The floors were to be ply board, not OSB. There was no support for the kitchen counters and the sink fell in, and the countertop air ducts were not put in right, crushed duct work throughout. The wiring under the home was not wrapped properly. The floors all through the home is giving in and falling through. This was when I first bought the home, March 18, 2005. Well, it is a death trap now. The BBB did not do anything to the company that sold me the trailer. Warren ** is an ** and a slum lord. He bought Clayton out and all the little guys. Nashville news crew did a story on my home. That is how much danger I am living in.

We purchased a 2007 Southern Energy Home through a reputable local dealer in our area. While we are very pleased with how we were treated through our dealership, we are not happy with the construction of the home we purchased. We've only been in our home for 5 years and it feels that it is falling apart around us. Here is what all is going on:

1. We have leaks in our roof, which has allowed water to come in and develop mold growth. One of the bedrooms is about to cave in because it has gotten so bad.
2. Our door paint has cracked off.
3. All of our doors sweat and leak so bad that when a heavy rain comes, water floods our kitchen.
4. The stone fireplace has several areas that have cracked off with stones falling off.
5. The carpet has rolls in every room.
6. Our electric bill is always outrageous as a result of poor insulation and window installation.
7. Crown molding is falling off in places.

8. The kitchen cabinets started bubbling in areas within the first year.

We feel like it is too soon to be experiencing these types of home repairs. We've contacted SE Energy Homes, only to be told that our one-year warranty is up and that they can't do anything. Really, just one year! We can't afford all of these repairs and our housing insurance has told us "no". This is unfair. What are our options? We are considering a lawyer. Thanks so much.

Southern Energy Homes have poor construction standards. Their walls are warping and has no insulation in some exterior walls.

Southern Energy Homes are assembled with the absolute cheapest materials on the market. After two (2) years, my home is falling apart. I guarantee it won't last the life of the loan. I have 200 plus pictures and loads of videos upon request-- way too much to list. We are so sorry we bought this expensive piece of junk. Right now we are dealing with smelly water from our sinks. I had the well tested twice. There is no problem there! They must have used china pipes for the supply lines. The water testing companies suggested replacing all the pipes and drains. Beware of Southern Energy Homes. They look great, but are just pure junk.

I bought my death trap from Southern Energy Homes in June 2002. Within the 1st year, the finish on the kitchen cabinets bubbled. S.E. said I needed to use the exhaust fan when I cook, which I usually do. The baseboard around the cabinets puffed up like a sponge. S.E. said I mopped to much! The window sills around the bay window in the kitchen have rotted out. There are 2 orange stripes running down the middle of the kitchen floor. The carpet had to be pulled up because it wore out after only 2 years. What can you expect with only 1/8 inch padding?!

The crown molding is pulling away from the ceiling. The garden tub which was once white is now yellow. The shelves in all he closet have fallen off the wall, putting holes in it. 12 electrical outlets went out at the same time in various parts of the house. I recently replaced the smoke detector. That's when I found out the ceiling fan is wired into the smoke detector! I did not hook it back up yet. The "wood" molding around the french windows is now two tone because the contact paper on them has faded. The roof has just caved in for the 2nd time within 2 years. The company came out and "fixed" it the first time because it is a design flaw. Well it has happened again. The mold is awful.

I have called the company and sent pictures 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear what they intend to do.

Had problems with the home. Back wall and floor rotted and full of mold after less than 3 years of age. See correspondence below to Federal Housing Commission (exhibits provided upon request): "Thank you for reading my letter and I hope it has reached the appropriate contact for my problem. If not, I would greatly appreciate being directed to the proper authority.

In February 2007, I ordered a custom home from Minton Homes in Oxford, Alabama. The home was manufactured by Southern Energy Homes in April 2007. The home was delivered and installed by Minton Homes and I moved into the home in May 2007. In January 2010, I contacted Southern Energy Homes regarding problems with the home and was told they would not re-mediate any of the problems without being directed to do so by the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission (AMHC). On January 11, 2010, I filed a complaint with the AMHC. A copy of my complaint is enclosed for your review (Exhibit A). Because of the seriousness of my situation, I was certain AMHC would inspect my home within a couple of weeks. After waiting, what I feel was a sufficient amount of time I contacted Mr. **, Program Manager at AMHC and was told that it could possibly be months before an inspection was performed on my home because there were many complaints ahead of mine.

I made several phone calls trying to get someone to help me, including to my Senator, Governor, and the Alabama Attorney General's office, all to no avail. After many calls, including one to Mr. ** at the HUD office in Washington, DC, and an email (Exhibit B) begging Mr. ** for help and sending pictures of my problem, the AMHC sent Mr. Carroll **, SAA Inspector, to investigate my home on February 2, 2010. I was provided a "Manufactured Home Consumer Complaint Inspection Report,"a copy of which is enclosed for your review (Exhibit C).

By way of this letter, I am disputing many of the findings of the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission and requesting an investigation by your department of the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission, Southern Energy Homes, Minton Homes, as well as any PIA or DPIA involved in approving the design and/or construction of homes manufactured by Southern Energy Homes. The items I am disputing in the referenced report and the federal code supporting the disputes are detailed in the following pages.

"Items considered to be potential imminent safety hazards and/or potential serious defects which require your immediate action pursuant to sub-part I of the Federal Regulations. (A) I agree with the AMHC report that it is the retailer/installer's responsibility that the site be properly graded and that water runs under the home. The installation manual (Exhibit D), which the retailer had possession of until after installation was complete, states on page 7, Proper selection and preparation of the location where your home will be placed is very important. Avoid potential conditions such as flood prone areas or steep sloping grades that could cause rainwater to flow under your home. Be certain to discuss site preparation with your Retailer. No one at Minton Homes discussed the need for any grading, nor was the manual provided prior to installation of the home. The manual further states on page 7, DO: crown and grade the site to slope water away from the home. As a result of their failures I am experiencing mold problems and deterioration of my manufactured home due to moisture.

(B) Mr. ** is of the opinion that the missing vapor barrier under the home is my responsibility and refers me to the manufacturer's instruction, moisture control in the Installation manual. I was not provided the manufacturer's installation manual until the home had been delivered and installed by the retailer, Minton Homes. Had I been provided the installation manual prior to the home being delivered and setup I would certainly have insured that the vapor barrier was placed in order to avoid the problems I am experiencing. Page 7 of the installation manual states, "DO: Cover the area under the home with 6-mil polyethylene sheeting or equivalent ground cover to control ground moisture (ground cover is optional but highly recommended). " Therefore, I am of the opinion this is the responsibility of the Retailer, Minton Homes, as they took responsibility for delivering and installing the home, which was not in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Page 10 of the Homeowner's Manual (Exhibit E) states, "We require that a polyethylene sheeting or another type of moisture retarder be placed on the ground under your Home." Upon taking delivery of the home, I was not provided a Homeowner's manual. When I contacted Southern Energy Homes regarding the manual one was mailed to me on January 19, 2010.

The installer, Daryl **, came on February 20, 2010, in response to the AMHC inspection report to correct the items that were his responsibility. He placed a plastic cover on the ground under the home. However, the cover is not installed properly as it does not cover the ground completely as instructed in the installation manual. The AMHC report fails to designate this item as the installer's responsibility.

(C) Since Minton Homes assumed the responsibility of installing the home on my site and did not provide me with the installation manual prior to installation, advise me on proper site preparation, nor object to installation of the home without the site being properly prepared I concur with the AMHC report that the retailer is also responsible for correcting this deficit. (E) I concur with the AMHC report that the retailer is responsible for correcting the AC condenser drain line that terminates at the A/C evaporator and allows the drain water to drain under the home.

(F) The AMHC report references section 3280.307 of the code as the basis for the opinion that the "windows throughout the house are sweating and several have dark discoloration mostly at or near bottom of windows." Mr. ** is of the opinion that this is my responsibility because one of the exterior windows in the living room has a hole in it, there is an LP gas heater located in the home, and no vapor barrier installed. Because of the finding of mold on the HVAC unit and believing mold is inside the ducts of the home, I purchased the heater not even a month before Mr. ** did his inspection. The window sweating was present before the heater was installed. The heater owner's manual (Exhibit F) states on the front cover, "This appliance may be installed in an aftermarket, permanently located manufactured (mobile) home."

"Joints between dissimilar materials and joints between exterior coverings and frames of openings shall be protected with a compatible sealant suitable to resist infiltration of air or water. 3280.307(b) "Wall cavities must be constructed so that ventilation is provided to dissipate any condensation occurring in these cavities" 3280.504(3) "installations of window and door frames shall be constructed or treated to limit air infiltration. " 3280.505(1) Enclosed are pictures (Exhibits G1-G8) to evidence that the window and door frames are not properly sealed because of the presence of water and mold. The pictures were taken March 16, 2010.

(H) "I concur with the AMHC report that the retailer should be responsible for site correction to fix this problem. (J) I concur with the AMHC report that the white substance on the grass under the home rear end is the retailer's responsibility to correct. (K) Page 43 of the manufacturer's installation manual shows figure 38, which is the proper configuration of the flex duct. I enclose pictures (Exhibits H1-H3) of the flex duct in my home, which demonstrate the flex duct is not properly configured and prevents proper ventilation. As evidence in the photos the A-Coil unit is extensively rusted due to the excessive moisture exposure because of improper installation. "Important Notice: Proper Whole House ventilation is essential to the 'health' of your house and to the health of your family. Restricted airflow can result in stale air inside the home and can also result in negative air pressure inside the house which contributes to uncontrolled air infiltration. Uncontrolled air infiltration may result in condensation and moisture issues within the structural components of the house. Be sure the Whole House ventilation flex duct is properly routed and remains unobstructed. Refer to your Homeowner's manual for Whole House ventilation operating instructions." Manufacturer's installation manual, page 43.

Even though Mr. ** observed the ventilation system motor to be operating properly during his inspection, I do not believe the ventilation system is adequate for the size of the home and request that the airflow rate be tested to insure adequate ventilation. "Each manufactured home must be provided with whole-house ventilation having a minimal capacity of 0.035 ft3/min/ft2 of interior floor space or its hourly average equivalent. This ventilation capacity must be in addition any operable window area. In no case shall the installed ventilation capacity of the system be less than 50 cfm nor more than 90 cfm. The following criteria must be adhered to: 3280.103(b) The ventilation system or provisions for ventilation must exchange air directly with the exterior of the home, except the ventilation system, or provisions for ventilation must not draw or expel air into the floor, wall, or ceiling/roof systems, even if those systems are vented.

The ventilation system must be designed to ensure that outside air is distributed to all bedrooms and main living areas. The combined use of undercut doors or transom grills connecting those areas to the room where the mechanical system is located is deemed to meet this requirement. " 3280.103(b)(2) The home does have undercut doors and there is a transom grill located on the master bedroom door; however, the ventilation system is located in the hallway on the opposite end of the master bedroom in my 82 foot home. The fan on the "whole house ventilation system" is smaller than the fans in the bathroom and I see no logical way it circulates the air throughout the home as required.

"I also believe the home is off-gassing formaldehyde at a level above what is allowed by 3280.308 and would like the air quality in the home tested to determine the level. A mechanical ventilation system, or mechanical portion thereof, must be provided with a manual control, and must be permitted to be provided with automatic timers or humidistats. 3280.103(b)(4) There is nothing anywhere in the home that allows for an automatic timer of any ventilation system. A whole house ventilation label must be attached to the whole house ventilation control, must be permanent, and must state: "Whole house ventilation. " 3280.103(b)(5) There is no label anywhere in my home indicating where the whole house ventilation control is.

"Instructions for correctly operating and maintaining whole house ventilation systems must be included in the homeowner's manual. The instructions must encourage occupants to operate these systems whenever the home is occupied, and must refer to the labeled whole house ventilation control. "3280.103(b)(6) I have read the Homeowner's manual in its entirety and no instructions are given regarding the whole house ventilation.

"(M) I concur that the manufacturer is responsible for correcting the items listed in this section. The manufacturer has been to the home and adjusted the striker plate on the front door. They also replaced the back door and the floor in front of the door due to rotting and mold infiltration in the wall and floor. I custom ordered the home with linoleum flooring throughout. The linoleum in the home is no longer manufactured and Southern Energy Homes installed laminate flooring in place of the linoleum. The laminate flooring and shoe molding were not installed correctly and look horrible. I enclose pictures taken the day after installation of same (Exhibits I1-I3). In the process of installing the floor, the wall was damaged and the baseboard was scarred. "I enclose pictures of same (Exhibits J1-J3).

They also damaged the kitchen floor in the process. They had to replace part of the band and back wall on the home, as well as the back door. The back door was not installed properly and would not shut without slamming it. The door casing is uneven and looks terrible. I enclose pictures of same (Exhibits K1-K5). I have been in contact with Nena ** at Southern Energy Homes and she sent a contractor to the home. He came and adjusted the back door so that it now shuts properly but he did not fix the door casing, the shoe molding, the wall damage, or the kitchen floor.

"(N) I disagree with the AMHC report on this item. I have not seen any shingles in the yard at any point. Therefore, it is my belief that the shingle was either blown off in transport or was never there. Items that are considered to be potential defects and/or potential non compliance: Item 2: I disagree with the AMHC report that it is my responsibility to repair a ceiling fan that was defective upon delivery. I showed Mr. ** a nick in one of the blades that was present when the home arrived. I also explained to him that I purchased a blade balancing kit and it did not fix the problem. Minton Homes was made aware of the problem upon delivery of the home and never fixed it.

"Item 3: I disagree with the AMHC report that the master bedroom closet shelf pulling out of the wall is my responsibility. "All construction methods shall be in conformance with accepted engineering practices to insure durable, livable and safe housing and shall demonstrate acceptable workmanship reflecting journeyman quality of work of the various trades." 3280.303(b) The shelf in the master bedroom closet extends the entire width (16 feet) of the home. There are not enough support brackets installed to support the weight of clothes that a shelf 16 feet across will hold.

"Item 4, I concur with the AMHC report that Minton Homes should correct this item. Item 5 Concur. Item 6 Concur. The date of the inspection report is February 2, 2010. I received my copy of the inspection report around February 15, 2010. It is my understanding that Minton Homes received a copy of the report around the same time, as well as instructions to correct the errors the report deemed their responsibility. As of the date of this letter (98 days after the date of inspection report), I have not been contacted by anyone from Minton Homes.

"I received a letter from Mr. ** around March 15, 2010, asking if the items on the report had been corrected and if not to submit a list of the work not completed. On April 5, 2010, I completed the form along with a list (Exhibit L) and faxed it to Mr. **. I also mailed the original via USPS on the same date. As of the date of this letter, I have not been contacted by any representative of the AMHC regarding corrections of the "Items considered to be potential imminent safety hazards and/or potential serious defects which require your immediate action pursuant to sub-par I of the Federal Regulations." I respectfully request a full investigation of my complaints. If your investigation reveals my complaints to be valid, I request that you demand remedial action be taken by the parties you deem responsible.

Chronic sinus and skin problems. Precancerous lesions on lip removed and reoccurred.

Southern Energy Homes Company Profile