Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

40 Southern Energy Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I ordered my new home in March. Finally got it June 27, 2019. I am so disappointed in Southern Energy for letting a home go out on a lot looking like my house does. Shower leaking all over. Can't use the jets on the shower due to them going all out on floor. Shower leaking because shower head isn't even attached to wall but by a hook. Manhole under tub for p-trap that is big enough for a person to fit in. Tub leg on front is just dangling over hole not even rested on anything. The ceiling throughout the whole house looks like it has been cracked all over the whole house with big splotches of mud everywhere. The kitchen bars is all leaning. Nothing in the house is level. I would advise against a Southern Energy as their pride in the work they do has gone to nothing. It's embarrassing. My home was bought in Bossier City, LA.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I did not have a computer for a lot of years, so never thought about giving a review on this company before now. We have had this home since 1992, and it is definitely a MONEY PIT. In the beginning first year with the home warranty and the builders warranty, I cannot even remember the number of times we had someone come out and attempt to fix the multitude of issues we were having.

The worst was the plumbing put into here that the company that made it went bankrupt years ago. We have burst every single pipe in this house and it still is happening to this day. This company is so bad that when we replaced one of the bedrooms carpeting due to a burst pipe on a wall that the bedroom butted up to, someone had painted their name and all sorts of sayings all over the plywood. Nothing is level or even in this entire house. What prompted me to write something today was that we are replacing the exhaust fan in one of the bathrooms, and once we managed to pull the assembly out of the ceiling, chunks of wood and even some roofing tiles fell onto the floor. I do not even really think it was vented to the outside.

Our kitchen cabinets have been falling apart, there are huge gaps in the sections of dry wall, the counter tops separated in sections, huge mirrors in the bathroom fell off the wall due to only basically held there with the trim they put around to make a frame and pieces of 2 sided sticky tape. We have replaced storm doors so many times because they were not framed correctly, so we can never get them to fit the way they should, door sills that were bent or broken.

How these homes ever passed any kind of inspection should speak volumes to someone. I will find every single place on the internet where I can warn people about buying this company's homes. They might look ok in the beginning, then all the bad stuff is going to start. The best thing that could have happened to us would have been an electrical fire due to their lack of care, and we could have moved onto something built where they actually care about their products. My list about Southern Energy Homes and their horrible materials and construction could go on and on. But, I am ending this here, just buyers beware! I would give them 0 starts if it would let me.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought my home in Aug. 2009. Aside from other things I had wrong with it through the years, my most recent is my back French door that the bottom is all rusted out. Southern Homes do not make this size door anymore so I have one of two choices. Cut a bigger hole in my wall and install a whole new SET (meaning the stationary door and the one that opens) or continue to watch it rust out. Be careful, after a few years, they change their structures and sizes and people who have bought in the past are now screwed! Don't buy from these people!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I bought a home from SE Homes and what a mistake. The house is two days old. Water pouring in 4 places. Floor has huge cuts, floor is popping up, siding is melted, I can go on and on. These houses I see now are built with the cheapest of materials you can find. I am shocked it is even allowed by HUD to build such crap houses... I would tell anybody not to buy this junk. You're throwing your money away. The owners should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Nightmare first home purchase. Bought my SE home 2016 from investment housing in Texarkana. I have had problems from the floor, construction of the house. Cabinets falling, floor popping, doors that will not stay open due to bad measurements, ac issues. I have been waiting now for over a year just to get a replacement shower door. I requested another home still in it and warranty ended with still the same issues. Now I believe I have a leak in the roof.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern Energy Homes?

Original review: March 8, 2018

We have a 1999 28x 76 which is has never been moved since original delivery. Roof shingles are ready for replacement. Well come to find out the all of the plywood on the eaves has been leaking for quite some time. Mold and serious rot has taken over. Very strange because there are no stains on the ceilings. We are looking at a bill of 10,000 to repair the damage not including roof covering replacement. This is not fair. I will not stop here. Look for pictures on Facebook and a detailed video on YouTube showing what this manufacture is building.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I bought my Southern Energy Home after a fire, and I can say I will never recommend this brand or the business that I bought it from to anyone - EVER. When you pay the kind of money that you pay for these manufactured home you expect some quality. Well you certainly don't get it from Southern Energy Homes. I have been living in this home since August of 2014 and I don't even know where to start so I guess I'll start with the front door.

The front door had a gap all the way around it so that you could see daylight and the storm door wouldn't lock, they were going to replace the whole door and frame so they send someone out and they didn't send a new door??? They reset the door in the frame and said they would bring a new one next time they came out. The door apparently had a contact paper coating on it that has now exploded and is peeling down to the bare metal, what kind of quality is that? That just happened this November 2017. But the door was never replaced.

The walls were gaping and you could see into the next room, they moved the strips over and when I complained they said that was normal. It was something they usually had to do. No big deal. The next thing was I had a leak in my utility room over my AC/Heater unit, did not catch it until one day it was raining really hard and I was home and I heard it dripping, anyway southern homes had left a hole in roof where a vent would have went if I had a gas heater but since I had all electric they just covered it with tar paper and shingles. This is quality work???

I told them I had concerns about future problems in this area and they sorry. That is all they can do. It is no big deal, it happens sometimes. The lady I talked to for all my repairs was very rude and insulting. I am still having problems in the area and around the bathroom vent which is leaking that is right there too. I have many other problems I could complain about but I will leave it at this, I think that they deliberately forget to bring supplies or not enough supplies so they can get out of fixing all the problems. There really needs to be a class action suit against this business, they are ripping the hard working American people off and they should be ashamed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We bought our triple wide in 2014 and it was delivered Feb 2015. It has been one nightmare after another. Our carpet in the living room had a run so they came out to replace it. Took my carpet out in the living room and the carpet they brought out to replace was too small. Go figure. They had taken the door facings off to do this so they put my old carpet back down with it cut right down the middle of my living room. And they ripped the flooring in my kitchen moving the furniture. Waited for them to return but it was taking forever.

So I talked to someone at the manufacturing and they agreed to upgrade my flooring to snap together flooring which I was happy with. Receive my flooring stacked in the middle of my kitchen for at least 2 wks. Then someone comes out to replace my flooring in the living room and kitchen. They took door facing off in my kitchen too. So in the process they find a leak in my kitchen under the sink and claimed it was my fault and my floor was rotting so they REFUSED to put my flooring down.

The leak was my fault because I had a dust rag sitting under my sink so I had to know it was leaking according to them. Now I have door facing and doors off, a kitchen floor rotting and split carpet in my living room. Also my air conditioner has frozen up at least 10 times. Will NEVER buy a SE HOME AGAIN. IF I EVER GET OUT OF THIS ONE. Also have patio doors in my kitchen and have had 5 screen doors brought out and still do not have one that fits. My bathroom sinks wobble and bathtub faucets have come off. And they won't answer my calls.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Do not buy a home from this company. We spent $90,000 on this home 6 years ago and the condition of it now is a 40 year old home. It's not because of misuse, but because of the quality of the materials used. After the first year the carpet was loose because they did not tack it down and it started fraying. We had to replace it. The linoleum started fading two years ago. All the cabinets started deteriorating right after the 1st year and the warranty was out. We are currently having to reface our kitchen cabinets and it looks like we will have to replace the countertops as well. The material used for ALL the cabinets is glued cardboard. Not wood, not glued sawdust, not particle board... Cardboard as in glue and paper!!!

It should be illegal to use this type of material in a home of any type. And to put it in high humidity areas like kitchens and bathrooms is unbelievable. We've had to replace the appliances and had to replace the hot water tank when the house was 2 years old. The walls in the kitchen are falling apart like the cabinets and one of the tubs is cracking. Now remember, this house is only 6 years old! This manufacturer was sold as being one of the top manufacturer's in the country. Believe me, they are one of the worst. If they are one of the best, I would HATE to see the worst. I wish we could get out of this home but sadly we are sunk.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I bought my Single Wide in 2014... Have had nothing but troubles... The stove quit after a month. At least they repaired it. It lasted till just past the warranty and went out again. I had to buy a new one. The carpet heaved up and wrinkled everywhere after a year. Why>>> because they laid it before they built the walls and didn't use carpet tack strips and stretch it like EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD DOES!!! I have to replace ALL the valves under EVERY sink. That is a total of EIGHT lines that were leaking under the sinks and vanities!!! Make me wonder what is leaking under the floor that I CAN'T see!!!

My air just went out for the third time... all at my expense. The siding is falling off... The shingles are sticking up and never sealed. Junk. Just junk. The left nails and debris under the carpet and linoleum when they laid them!!! What is really funny is my salesman never sent a thank you or called until three days after the warranty was up!!! Thank God I am a handyman... Ordinary kids nowadays would have this crappy place falling down around them!!!

Southern Energy Homes Company Information