Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Southern Energy Homes Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We bought our triple wide in 2014 and it was delivered Feb 2015. It has been one nightmare after another. Our carpet in the living room had a run so they came out to replace it. Took my carpet out in the living room and the carpet they brought out to replace was too small. Go figure. They had taken the door facings off to do this so they put my old carpet back down with it cut right down the middle of my living room. And they ripped the flooring in my kitchen moving the furniture. Waited for them to return but it was taking forever.

So I talked to someone at the manufacturing and they agreed to upgrade my flooring to snap together flooring which I was happy with. Receive my flooring stacked in the middle of my kitchen for at least 2 wks. Then someone comes out to replace my flooring in the living room and kitchen. They took door facing off in my kitchen too. So in the process they find a leak in my kitchen under the sink and claimed it was my fault and my floor was rotting so they REFUSED to put my flooring down.

The leak was my fault because I had a dust rag sitting under my sink so I had to know it was leaking according to them. Now I have door facing and doors off, a kitchen floor rotting and split carpet in my living room. Also my air conditioner has frozen up at least 10 times. Will NEVER buy a SE HOME AGAIN. IF I EVER GET OUT OF THIS ONE. Also have patio doors in my kitchen and have had 5 screen doors brought out and still do not have one that fits. My bathroom sinks wobble and bathtub faucets have come off. And they won't answer my calls.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Do not buy a home from this company. We spent $90,000 on this home 6 years ago and the condition of it now is a 40 year old home. It's not because of misuse, but because of the quality of the materials used. After the first year the carpet was loose because they did not tack it down and it started fraying. We had to replace it. The linoleum started fading two years ago. All the cabinets started deteriorating right after the 1st year and the warranty was out. We are currently having to reface our kitchen cabinets and it looks like we will have to replace the countertops as well. The material used for ALL the cabinets is glued cardboard. Not wood, not glued sawdust, not particle board... Cardboard as in glue and paper!!!

It should be illegal to use this type of material in a home of any type. And to put it in high humidity areas like kitchens and bathrooms is unbelievable. We've had to replace the appliances and had to replace the hot water tank when the house was 2 years old. The walls in the kitchen are falling apart like the cabinets and one of the tubs is cracking. Now remember, this house is only 6 years old! This manufacturer was sold as being one of the top manufacturer's in the country. Believe me, they are one of the worst. If they are one of the best, I would HATE to see the worst. I wish we could get out of this home but sadly we are sunk.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I bought my Single Wide in 2014... Have had nothing but troubles... The stove quit after a month. At least they repaired it. It lasted till just past the warranty and went out again. I had to buy a new one. The carpet heaved up and wrinkled everywhere after a year. Why>>> because they laid it before they built the walls and didn't use carpet tack strips and stretch it like EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD DOES!!! I have to replace ALL the valves under EVERY sink. That is a total of EIGHT lines that were leaking under the sinks and vanities!!! Make me wonder what is leaking under the floor that I CAN'T see!!!

My air just went out for the third time... all at my expense. The siding is falling off... The shingles are sticking up and never sealed. Junk. Just junk. The left nails and debris under the carpet and linoleum when they laid them!!! What is really funny is my salesman never sent a thank you or called until three days after the warranty was up!!! Thank God I am a handyman... Ordinary kids nowadays would have this crappy place falling down around them!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

I purchased a SE Home Aug 2016 after my husband passed away. I had owned a single wide Clayton home about 20 years ago and had no problems. The double wide SE home I purchased has been nothing but trouble. The floors have holes, uneven. The cabinet tops are coming unglued, the wall panels are coming off, the carpet doesn't match up with the walls after they had to put new carpet in when I purchased it. The A/C unit has frozen up 4 times in since May 2017 and they kept telling me I need to change the filter every 2 weeks.

This mobile home is made with the cheapest materials they could find. After spending $95,000 on a mobile home, you would think it would be made better. All the dealer tells me is that "well it is just a mobile home." Okay then but they should lower the cost and not advertise it is a well built home. It has been nothing but a nightmare that I have to live in everyday. I wish I had NEVER purchased a SE home, but now I am just stuck with a dump.

Original review: June 21, 2017

We purchased home less than year ago. The quality is garbage. I have holes in walls from doorknobs. The bar has started bulking, floors have holes, front door has had to be replaced twice already. Stove blew up and dishwasher has to be fixed. The place was built with the cheapest material. The place is garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Southern Energy Homes?

Original review: June 12, 2017

We bought an SE Home 3 years ago. We needed a place quickly. We told them we couldn't move in until Feb. It was October. We bought it from Clayton Homes in Lebanon, MO. We put 20,000 down and asked for an itemized list of how much everything cost. Never received it. We have no clue where our money went. We didn't get what we ordered and when we did the walk through, I told them the things missing and they ignored me and forced us to sign anyway.

They called us on Dec. 30 and said we needed to be there the next day to sign for the house. We were 3 hours away as my husband was still active duty military at the time. We were shocked b/c we had told them we weren't able to be there until Feb. to sign. Since we have owned this piece of junk we have had to fix a leak in the master bath due to the shower doors not being installed correctly, we need a new roof already, we had to replace the evap coil on our AC b/c it was shot within 2 years, we had a leak under our fridge that caused us to have to replace the sub floor, our cabinets are literally falling apart.

We are in the process of having to replace them all. We are having to replace all flooring room by room b/c the flooring is such crap that we have holes in the carpet already and gouged the linoleum. We had to replace the faucet in the kitchen within a year b/c it literally broke off in my hand while doing dishes. We had to buy a new dishwasher and stove b/c they both quit working within 2 years old purchase. We have several doors break off their hinges and had to replace the hinges. Our counter top in the kitchen is coming up in spots. That is going to have to replace soon, along with the cabinets. Just this morning I woke up to a leak in my kitchen from a pipe under the sink. We have only lived here since March of 2014. We have siding literally coming off on the side of Our house. Our front door is not what ordered and it is bowed in now and doesn't seal correctly anymore.

We have lived in several houses for much longer and never had these issues. The quality of these houses are crap. They have ** workmanship and I am very disappointed. I never recommend them to anyone. I also don't recommend the place we bought it from either. They are shady. We still have no idea where our 20,000 went. The septic, well, and perimeter pour did not add up to 20,000. We had estimates just to see how much it would all cost. The rest of Our money was supposed to go down on our house and it didn't. Right now, we just keep waiting for the next thing to go wrong. We usually don't have to wait long. It is ridiculous how crappy this house is. If I could give you 0 stars, I would. I am very dissatisfied and will NEVER buy an SE Home again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

New home was a disaster, once they receive payment they stop working and responding. Warranty obviously doesn't matter, I cannot get any response or anyone to return to finish repairs. Very dishonest company! I am very disappointed. A new home should be a pleasant experience. Do not buy a SE home. I got my lemon in Granbury, TX.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I purchased a home built by SE Homes of Texas from King's Mobile Home in Rice Tx. When the home was delivered the roof on one of the sections had collapsed by about 2 inches. I contacted the retailer who stopped the final assembly of my home until a factory rep could come and inspect the home. The factory decided to use a "T" made out of 4X4 posts to jack the ceiling up and then screw it to the other section of my home. They then sent the retailer a bill for $3,000.

I had paid extra to have the home widened and to have the plans redrawn to extend the kitchen wall to the center of the home. I also wanted a utility sink in the utility room and widening the home would have provided the room I needed to add the sink. Instead of pushing the exterior wall out and leaving the interior walls the same they decided to move the interior utility wall with the exterior wall thereby stretching the master bedroom closet instead of the utility room and making it impossible to install the utility sink in the utility room. I was never shown the redrawn floor plans nor was I asked to approve them. I assumed all interior walls would remain the same and the exterior walls would be the only walls moved.

The home was built and delivered without the kitchen wall extended and a desk so small a kid could not sit at it. I had also paid for one piece fiberglass shower and tubs and got two piece plastic installed. The exterior doors would not open and close properly and the State agency whose job it is to protect consumers claimed it was a cosmetic issue and would not force the manufacturer to fix my doors. I finally did get the wall built and the tub and showers replaced. I also have a problem with the water flow in one of the sinks in the master bath and low hot water temperature in the master bath tub as compared to the water temperature at other faucets in the home. Those issues have never been addressed by the manufacturer.

I also paid to have additional electrical outlets installed in bedroom #3. They were to be on separate electrical breakers in the electrical panel. The manufacturer installed the extra outlets but wired all 7 outlets in the room and the kitchen and hallway lights to the same circuit breaker. I complained and the manufacturer did send someone out who installed another circuit breaker in the electrical panel and wired the two extra outlets to that breaker which is not what I had asked for and paid for but was better than what I had.

The big surprise with the electrical service in the home came when I found out that the 240V electric outlet which the manufacturer had installed in the #3 bedroom was wired to a 125V outlet. Had I used that outlet I could have had an electrical fire. This is the competency level of the people who work for SE Homes and build the home that they then sell to you. Please do not trust SE Homes of Texas to build your new home. There are many other reputable manufacturers to choose from. I wish I had done the same. I think Oak Creek makes a nice home. Try them for your new home purchase.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We bought the house in 2005. This spring we noticed there was a leak at the dining room light fixture. I went up on the roof to look for any loose shingles. What I found was even worse. Apparently when they put the two halves of the house together (double wide) they had to install the finishing shingles. Upon doing this while cutting open the packages of shingles, they sliced several already installed shingles. Over the past 10-11 years the cut shingles split and caused wide (1"-2") gaps. This was done in 2 different spots on the roof. Approximately 20 shingles were sliced. I sprayed sealant over the cuts and stopped the leaking. However, I would like to get this repaired at no cost since the roof should last 20 years. Unfortunately, Southern home's is out of business (I wonder why). I don't have the information on the construction crew that did the work. What to do??? I guess I will need to just get a new roof in a couple years.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

On February 22, 2016 I ordered a Southern Energy home. I paid half of the price. As of this date, November 19, 2016, I have NO home. This honestly has been the worst experience of my life. Not only have I had to try to recover the money, I have a prepared home site with NO trailer. MANY LIES, NO TRAILER.

Southern Energy Homes Company Information