2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ryan Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Honestly I heard all the rumors myself about Ryan Homes before I decided to build a Ryan Home and I was skeptical as well. It seemed like everyone I knew was telling me “don’t use Ryan homes they’re so cheap and not worth the price!” But honestly I’ve had nothing but a good experience with them. I can definitely tell that some of the materials they used aren’t top quality. Like the paint. I’m annoyed that I do have to repaint a lot because the paint used is cheap and shows scratches easily. it’s also matte paint which I absolutely hate. But otherwise all the other rumors have been wrong for us. People told us that if we have any issues with the home after we move in that they’ll never come and fix it like they’re supposed to.

Definitely not the case for us. The first couple days we moved in I noticed a sewer smell in the basement. I called and complained about it. They came the same day to fix it. About a week later the smell came back again. So we called again. The next day they had someone out who said our bolts were actually really loose so they tightened them and we haven’t had an issue since. We also had an issue with a toilet that wasn’t flushing right anymore after about 2 months. Again a guy came the next day to work on it. He couldn’t fix the problem so he actually replaced the whole toilet that same day. Our site manager was a great very friendly guy who always kept us up to date on our house and let us come and tour whenever we wanted when it was being built. I’m sure some people had legit issues but just know that’s not everyone’s experience. Or else they probably wouldn’t be in business anymore.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I wouldn't rely heavily on bad testimonials for a companies reputation. This builders has sold, built, and closed thousands of homes. A few of those thousands of homes have legitimate beefs but the ones who are happy, you don't hear from. The Happy owners outweigh those who aren't happy. I myself bought and have found it to be a nice, comfortable home. They had great options. Our Project manager Dave was excellent. Our neighborhood is really great! I'm in RE for over 25 years. I look for quality of product, easy financing, etc. It was all pretty easy. We have been in our home for 1 year now. Still happy with our decision.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I’m originally from Alabama, moved here for work about two years ago. Of course I’ve been looking for a home for months. I was getting very disappointed with older home layouts, no open floor plan, no storage, needing kitchen upgraded etc. Then I met Bridget and Doug of Ryan homes. They are simply the best! Taking their time explaining, giving me options for a new nearly custom build. Nothing like picking what you want from cabinets, railing, floors, doors etc. Most important they wanted me to be happy as a customer with my investment. From sending me pictures of the process, to just a call asking can I be of help. You can’t ask for a better team. Let them make your home dreams come true. Thanks !!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I've purchased 2 Ryan Homes in the last 9 years. Both are located in Maryland. I've had nothing but positive experience with Ryan Homes. I found their warranty, new home construction and people find to deal with, with the exception of sales. We've had to change sales agents because the first one was not fulfilling our wishes. After the sales process, everything was fine. Ryan Homes project managers are truly exceptional. One needs to always keep in mind that they are part of a large corporation, so everyone has a boss. Did we run into problems, yes. But the difference between Ryan home and other new home builders are they're at a work with you to satisfactorily resolved the issue. Did we get everything we want, no. But, in the end everything worked out just fine.

I think they are reasonable, Fair and people with integrity that keep their commitments and fulfill their contracts. They are in mine but I have over 30 years experience in business, with contracts and managing large projects. So my opinion and view is different than most everyone else you will read about. It's because I am not an average homeowner. Behind delivers excellent value and builds a home with integrity and stands behind their product. If they make a mistake, they correct it. What more could a consumer ask for? Nothing in my view.

There are in line that these homes are built by people and people are human. To become truly exceptional Ryan Homes would have to spend a fair amount of money more on their products and finishes oh, but that's not what Ryan Homes builds. They build for the middle class American. If you want a custom home from a private and custom home builder, Ryan Homes is not the one. But if you're a middle-class American looking for a well-built home oh, Ryan Homes beats all the competition in my estimation. Great job Ryan Homes!

Original review: June 5, 2020

I cannot say enough good about Ryan in Delaware. Back in September, we started looking at various communities/contractors for our next home. After much research, inquired what and many meetings we chose a Ryan Homes. Best decision we made. The staff are professional. Knowledgable, courteous, and welcoming. Both our Sales Director - Jen and Project Construction Managers Brad and Matt were/are “straight shooters”. We could not of had a better experience

Any issues/questions we had were promptly handled. Ryan Homes has and continues to make the experience fun and stress-free. We have now been in our home a while and Ryan has gone above and beyond in their commitment to workmanship. The layout, quality, and workmanship is terrific. We and others in our community have had no issues In Ryan standing behind their homes. I do not know what’s going on in other parts of the country but here in Delaware Ryan’s reputation is top-notch. We could not be happier with the quality and experience. Thank you to Brad, Alex, Jen, Matt and the Ryan Team. Highly recommend Ryan Homes.

Original review: March 26, 2021

The worst quality! They lie to you at your home inspection after your house is complete. You point out all the shortcuts and sloppy work and they say that they will take care of it at your 1 year warranty and pressure you to sign off on a $700k house. Then when one year comes around, they send out a nice young man who I guess is supposed to win you over with his charm who says they will fix everything on your list. They pick and choose about 25% of your list you submit. They have painters in and out of your house for 5 weeks. The painters tell you to give them a container and they pour paint in it and tell you to complete the job yourself. I have cracks in my porch that I submitted to them and they refuse to fix it.

My automatic garage door doesn’t work and they were supposed to send out a garage specialist promised two month ago. Promised they would fix the grading around the house and Ryan Homes just disappears and conveniently you are not able to get in touch with them. No returned phone calls, texts, or emails. You fill out their survey they send you about how horrible their work is and Ryan Homes will not contact you or follow up on the disappointment you have with their company. They obviously don’t care. They got your $700k already.

Again, they pick what they feel like fixing and don’t even do a quality job at that. I have patches on my walls that they didn’t even paint after they did it. I guess they expect me to do it with they paint they poured in an empty cashew container I had. Then when you contact them to see what is going on and when they plan on completing the job, they completely ignore you. I don’t know how this company stays in business. All my neighbors have had similar experiences and are telling their friends to stay away from Ryan Homes. Warning: please stay far away from this company. I hear that there are quality builders that stand behind their houses. Ryan homes is not one of those builders!

Original review: March 14, 2021

Daughter went to purchase a home in Cincinnati (Kline Station). After getting quotes on the house on Thursday. On Friday she told the Salesperson that she wanted to write a contract on the house on Sunday and would be there at the agreed time at 1 pm. When we got there. the sales agent told her there was a price increase on Saturday and that the price went up 3000. They would not honor the quoted price on Thursday. The most irritating part is they never informed her until we show up on Sunday. I told her, this is not the a company you ever want to buy a house from. Totally unprofessional.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

After 4 years in our townhouse the seams in all the rooms are separating and the paint is crumbling at the seams from the ceiling and walls and around the doors. Cracks around the baseboards and above the doors are deep enough to put a credit card through. The screws and nails are popping out. One wall in the kitchen is bowed inward and the baseboard is a quarter inch away from the wall which they packed with caulk. The paint was not primed in all the rooms and is crumbling. The doors don't close properly and stick. The wood floor is already buckling at the seams. We are now paying thousands to have things fixed. Ryan Homes sells homes because they have a beautiful design but hire unskilled workers with a time limit to building the homes and do not invest in quality materials so they can make more money.

Resolution response: March 10, 2021

Ryan Homes never responded, but after further examination of our neighborhood, there are other 8 foot ceiling homes in the community. This does not to say we were not bait and switched in our purchase.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

When purchasing our home from Ryan Homes of Heritage Shores in DE, we toured the model home and many other homes in the community. Every home we looked at had 9 foot ceilings. We signed the contract and the home was built, Well the home has an 8 foot ceiling. Out of the 650-700 houses in our community, mine and my neighbor's house have 9 foot ceilings. This feature will make our house very undesirable for resale in this community. Our house was the last Ryan home built here. The developer parted ways with Ryan Homes as our house was being built. Why they short changed our home is beyond me.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Just learned that Ryan Home builders are paying less than 1% to Brokers representing Buyers. Brokers are like your guard, attorney like in representing buyers and negotiating and making sure you get good products and price. When they cut broker's fee, they basically want you to avoid using a broker and go direct and they want broker who will not want to spend time and effort covering your bases. If they have cut broker fees which is usually around 2.5%, imagine what else corner cutting has been done that you cant see!!! Do you really want to find out the hard way? Just know, You have other better choices. Don't get desperate.!

Ryan Homes Company Information