Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ryan Homes Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Purchased a 360k home in The point at Layton's Lake Carney's Point NJ 08069. First of all my yard is nothing but sand and stones. Grass will not grow. I think they sold the topsoil that was here before construction. The house has multiple problems. I have walls more than 2 inches out of plum, floor tiles that are popping up all over. Subfloor is not level. 2 interior doors replaced, cracked bathroom sink base. Kitchen cabinets cheap. Cabinet doors scratched up. Drawers falling apart. Light fixtures not installed in proper locations.

Wood trim is not wood (plastic). Front steps and roof overhang not centered. Entry door leaking. Siding is terrible, terrible installation, bulging siding everywhere, cracked concrete. Appliances falling apart. Dishwasher broke down and racks rusting already, not even a year old. Washer and dryer service calls, dryer has to be rebuilt. Garage wall sits 1 1/2" back on foundation (not right). My AC unit had to be cleaned out. It was full of straw and seed from the landscaper, who also is terrible landscaping. Rain run off carries the sand and stone off property, many more problems. We had an 8 page list of issues.

Also, Ryan's contractors are ALL from other countries, which is ok with me BUT you cannot communicate with them at all! In short we are NOT happy with the construction at all! We are thinking about selling already. Which stinks, this was supposed to be our dream home, more like a nightmare!! DO NOT BUY FROM RYAN HOMES, overpriced, very poor construction.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We have been in our home for 3 years and they can’t seem to fix the roof leak. The water runs all the way down to the basement. They keep coming back to fix it but every time it snows it leaks. One of our doors leaked at the bottom and we had to replace the carpet. The basement foundation cracks and water comes through. We had to have them repaired out of our own pocket. It snowed today and the roof is leaking again.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I closed on my new Ryan home on 5/22/2019. Long story short, I have entered several service requests for my backyard that continues to flood and the sheet rock that has seams and poor workmanship. I started putting in service requests since June 2019 and now it's Nov 2019 and still no response. The workmanship throughout my home was poorly done. I've had nothing but problems. (Plumbing, HVAC, Lighting, foundations issues, insulation not fully completed) It has been a complete nightmare. The folks in the office are nice but it's difficult to get things fixed. The general contractor always called from a private number I guess because homeowners would cont to call. Save your money and choose another quality builder.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Purchasing the home was a very pleasant experience. This was to be my dream home. Unfortunately after settlement it is near impossible to get anyone to fix the problems which include the following: Cracked soaking tub that leaks into dining room and kitchen, Roof leak which damaged tray ceiling in master bedroom, areas not painted, drywall not sanded prior to painting, doors not hung right, front door light blows fuses when turned on, etc. So frustrated. I have stage 4 cancer and bought this home for myself and my son so that he would have a nice home when I leave this earth. My neighbors have similar issues and everyone is frustrated. Do not buy from Ryan Homes before checking other builders first.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I recently cancelled my contract due to financing. I was quoted different prices and I explained to the agent and the loan office of NVR that I need my monthly mortgage to not be 1900. I sent emails that the mortgage was too high which the agent assured me the mortgage would be around 1600. I am a single mother due to the death of my husband however the agent explained that my earnest money deposit will be kept. It’s not the monthly payment that I AM comfortable with which I explained countless times through email and verbally.

I am highly disappointed and I will inform people the way Ryan Homes addressed my needs. I can see at least giving half of my earnest money back. The guy advised they were keeping the entire 2500 which I worked hard for and saved. The agent advised me they are putting it back on the market and selling it 20000 more. I will not being doing any business with Ryan in the future and will advised others. Deeply disappointed customer and I will be sharing my story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I really was disappointed with the customer service and construction from Ryan Homes. At first everyone was very nice, eager to help and answer questions. As soon as you put your deposit down the Sales people don't want to have anymore to do with you. I was told I asked too many questions. I should just trust builder and not worry about it. I wanted to get a home inspector to do the dry wall inspection. They were against it. Was told, "Don't waste your money. We know what we are doing." I got an inspector to do the inspection anyway.

My inspector found some issues but before he can see if they made the repairs they insulated and my inspector could not follow up. I told them not to insulate and they did anyway. When I asked why they said they were on a time schedule and cant wait. My inspector's comments were don't buy this house. I already put a downpayment that I could not afford to lose. After I closed I spoke with my neighbors and they had plumbing problems already. My tub cracked still waiting if they will replace it. I moved in 10/1/2019. Do not buy from them. Run. If you don't believe me read all the reviews on Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We love our new house (2nd owner, about 6 years old). We have been here two years. In that time, if I had not been home, two different incidents would have wrecked the place. First was when a pipe in the ceiling over the living room came apart at a joint for no particular reason. Bad glue job I guess. As it was, we had a serious flood that required most of the flooring, carpet, and drywall to be replaced on the first floor and in the basement. It all took about three months until we were back to normal. I was home at the time but if I hadn't been, there would have been no end to the amount of water spilled. Much worse was last night. As I was watching TV, one of our electrical outlets caught fire. It was small and went out as soon as I hit the circuit breaker, but if I hadn't been home, the entire house would have gone up in smoke. This episode made me wonder all over again about this builder.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I've always wanted to buy from Ryan Homes, but they never had anything affordable in the area of interest, until this year. After going through the process, I fully understand why I needed to wait. The floor plans for their Simply Ryan plans have been shrunken! So, you're basically getting less livable space for more money, and it's not sitting well with me as a first time buyer. On top of that, I was already approved for an USDA loan and their "preferred lender" wanted to change it to a Conventional loan, with a higher interest rate. Why would my interest rate increase to well over 4%, if my credit score increased by 14 points in less than 3 months?

If you're thinking about buying a home with Simply Ryan, RUN!!!! I don't care about the 1k in earnest money, because if God blessed me with the means to get that, surely He'll bless me with double for the trouble. I want single moms, who maybe first time home buyers to run and look for other options outside from Ryan Homes and NVR Mortgage! They only care about sales and earnest money. I should've went with Eastwood or Mungo, never again!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased my 3rd Ryan Homes 2 years ago. Over the weekend, I noticed my sewer pump was discharging sewage on my lawn. I called the plumber who installed the plumbing in the house when constructed. He immediately told me the home was out of warranty (2 years and 1 month old) and they no longer serviced my home. I told him I would pay for him to correct the issue. He recommended I call another local plumber. After I found a plumber to come out on a Saturday, they found the spillage was due to cracked pipe. He fixed the pipe which cost $739. The plumber found where my line connects into the county line, the check valve also failed.

I called Ryan Homes given the failure was due to improper installation or defective component. I was told it was out of warranty and it was issue to resolve. The customer service individual (I'm being generous with calling him a "customer service" individual) told me to contact a local plumber using HomeAdvisor or Google. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told there are none. There's no other resolution than to fix the problem myself. This is just a culmination of issues my wife and I had during the final three months of construction and lack of doing what they said they would. Thank you Ryan Homes for your support. This will be my last purchase with your company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Ryan Homes made the building process very easy. They kept us informed and welcomed our visits. We recently moved in and they have been nothing short of excellent. The customer service we have received has been professional and timely.

Lisa