1.05/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Find a recommended home builder & developer now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Ryan Homes

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2017

137 Ryan Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The home I selected at Edison Square was to be my first home purchase. When I first arrived I was greeted by Amanda (Mandy) **. I was approved through NVR Mortgage as well (these companies work together) and customer service declined after the paperwork was signed. I was mislead throughout the process and ultimately changed my mind after paying them over $6800 in earnest money. The following issues occurred:

Lie #1: I asked Mandy ** if the home was North facing as the compass on the marketing map in the office displayed a North facing direction for lot **. I was told the compass was incorrect. I found that odd but understand things get printed incorrectly. To my amazement and after signing paperwork I discovered the home WAS North facing in some capacity (NW).

Lie #2: I was set up with Guardian to make additions to the home such as a security system, surround sound systems etc and asked prior to signing if the addition of any items through Guardian would increase my downpayment. I was told "No" and that any additions would only increase my monthly mortgage amount by $5.00. Lisa ** provided me with this information. I met with Mandy ** on Monday, 10/2 and was told Lisa was not in a position to state this as she has "nothing to do" with the monetary side of the home purchase. I was dumbfounded since everything is in writing and yet no one wanted to admit this is not an ok practice. This caused me to be trapped with additions I would not have purchased had Ms. ** been honest about the increase in down payment. Ryan Homes attempted to fix this issue by refunding the amount I added through Guardian but it was not without attitude from Mandy **.

Lie #3: I specifically told Mandy ** and NVR Mortgage that I would need the entire month of December in order to complete the line items NVR requested to approve the loan. During signing I was told that would be no problem. I stopped by on Thursday 9/21 to show my friends the model homes and Mandy asked if I was ready for my closing date (12/29). I was shocked at this question since we were so far in advance and Mandy also looked confused and started typing on her CPU to confirm the closing date. I left without getting an answer to this odd transaction between us. Fast forward to Friday, 9/29 as I am dropping off $1300 in certified funds to Mandy and at this time I was told my closing date is in Nov or 2nd week in Dec. When I stated my contract reads 12/29 Mandy's dismissive comment was "well the contract reads on or before".

I thought this was quite rude as I CLEARLY stated I could not close prior to 12/29 and now that I am locked in a contract things are starting to change. On Monday, 10/2 Mandy's tone changed while my agent was with me and she stated "the contract says 12/29 so we will honor that". That was a convenient change all of a sudden since she had no problem telling me on or BEFORE 12/29 just the Friday before 10/2.

Issue #1 - Jeff ** with NVR Mortgage was sent a detailed email on 9/14 providing NVR with a schedule of pay off dates and asking him to confirm the amount to bring to closing. His reply was "thanks for the update". I had to follow-up/chase Jeff ** by emailing/calling 3 additional times before being answered. The excuse was "sorry I was on my iPhone and didn't read the email all the way". This is a poor excuse in my opinion.

Issue #2 - Mandy ** is a complete bully and did not appear to want to let me out of my contract. She kept using psychological verbiage such as "we are building you a $229000 home", "we took your $500 (as if this money meant nothing) and started building you a home". This home would've been built whether my name was on the contract or not. She also stated she had 2 other people she could sell this home to and I wonder why she doesn't just do that instead of bullying me into this home.

I wrote this review to protect anyone interested in purchasing a Ryan Home. Bring a buyers agent with you as these people are not on your side and change tone once the contract is signed. BEWARE! My first home purchase has ended in stress, anxiety, and a potential loss of $6800+ as they do not want to admit responsibility for the grievances they have caused me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Contracted with Ryan Homes to build me a $478K home in the Old Harbor Estates in Lewis Center, Ohio and what I got was a terrible built house full of defects and poor craftsmanship that's not even worth $200K. Ryan Homes strong-armed me into closing yesterday (9/29/17) even though the house was incomplete, still needing stonework done, vanity top installed among other things. Furthermore they conveyed a home to me that was in need of much cleaning and refused to clean it. Ryan Homes will not return phone calls or emails. Please do not do business with Ryan Homes or there is a good chance you will get a lemon.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

MY experience with RYAN Homes overall has been ok. While going through the actual build, sales girl was nice. Problems I experience: Roof repairs after 3 years, crappy subcontractor's' Poor workmanship on my bathroom tile, had to have it ripped out before closing and retile. Entire lower level flooring had to be take out and replaced 1 year into living in house because it lifted and buckled. Bathtub cracked in 6 months. Insulation and window leaks, appliances that I upgraded, had issues within the first year. Our lawn had less than the required soil amount for grass to grow, we had to pay to have 52 yards of soil dropped and multiple seedings for a lawn, at our expense.

Put it this way. Your house and everything it was built with is only considered their problem for 10 months. After that you are screwed. I built my home and moved in December 2013, I SOLD THIS HOUSE!! Once I get the radon issue solved, and pay to have a medication system install at my expense, I will never look back. I will never build a RYAN HOME AGAIN, Do yourself a favor and shop around, pay a little extra if necessary because price is not quality in the case.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My experience is long and unpleasant. I am just a house owner for couple of months. I bought from them thinking they would give good quality. The quality of everything is horrible. Floor board is starting to peel in 3 months. I ended up paying very heavy for a town home with horrible quality. No adjustment for what you wish. They won't fix almost anything. A small service request takes a week for someone to attend to. I am so disappointed with dry wall paint. You just touch it and color gone. It is like living in a card board house paying 250k?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Everything was great with the home until the project manager begs you to give him a rating of all 10's on the survey. I did not give him all 10's and he calls to complain that he will not get his bonus this year and I am the only one that did not give him all 10's. It was completely unprofessional. He acted like a five year old and I do not even know how he got this job. The survey should be anonymous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Ryan Homes builds to code and nothing more. I can not have tile flooring because my kitchen floor has sunk in 1/2 inch due to poor floor design. The foreman only gave me 10 bags of topsoil to amend the lake in my front yard due to poor grading. It cost me $5,000 to fix my front yard and another $5,000 to fix my kitchen floor sag and my house is less than 3 yrs old. My $8,000 composite deck is warped due to poor installation. My driveway is cracked from the poor grading. They didn't disclose 50 foot building setback in backyard. They have tried to fix a leak in my shower 2 times and it still leaks. They offer a warranty on their homes, but it is useless. They do poor work.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We recently purchased a Ryan Townhome and we purchased upgraded flooring. We picked the flooring out at the Touch of Color located near Sewickly, PA as that is where we were instructed to go. We have had nothing but problems with the poor quality flooring. Not covered for Pet damage, surface scratches. The flooring has indentations due to being soft. The Armstrong flooring is supposed to be Maple which is harder than Oak. We paid $14.00 sq.ft. for the upgraded flooring and no one wants to admit that it is crappy flooring. If I had a wish I would wish that the Ryan Homes project manager and his boss find themselves in the same boat. It's called Karma, Touch of Color and Ryan Homes will take your money and run. DO NOT PURCHASE A RYAN HOME OR FLOORING FROM TOUCH OF COLOR. THEY HAVE NO INTEGRITY.

Original review: July 31, 2017

My husband and I recently purchased a Ryan Homes in the Raleigh, NC area. The entire experience has been negative. Everyone seemed so nice and helpful when we were pursuing our new home and throughout the sales process, but as soon as you pay your down payment it is all downhill. The delays of 6+ months for construction that was supposed to take 5 months took nearly a year. We have been in the home for 4 months and have had our AC repaired 4 times, a gas leak and our granite that you cannot even set a cup on that leaves water stains. The granite is what has been my biggest issue. We reported after two weeks of being in the home that the granite was leaving water stains from cups that had some condensation on them. They had ensured us that the granite had been sealed, but they came out for a service call and removed stains and resealed.

After two more attempts of this, we requested to have them replace the granite as it was an obvious defect. We have had granite in our last two houses and they never stained. Ryan Homes refused to replace the granite. It is unfortunate, but our overall experience has been terrible and I will never recommend to any that they purchase a Ryan Homes.

Original review: July 27, 2017

We feel that we are being coerced into accepting a mortgage loan that has higher rates than their competitors, being forced to pay points in order to get closer to competitive rates, we were told that this the ONLY LENDER WE CAN CHOOSE in order to get closing assistance. This loan only seems to benefit NVR and Ryan homes.

If I could give less stars I would. We have presented two competitor quotes with much lower rates to no avail with NVR. They bait you with closing cost assistance and then charge you via points in order for them to lower your rate. Notice I did not say match because we have been informed that they do not do so. Seems to be predatory lending practices to me when you force a client to go with your lending institution, with no other options, refuse to give competitive quotes and bring additional money to the table for closing.

This is only the beginning, we haven't even discussed the false promises of delivering our house on time and expecting us to cover the costs of temporary housing, moving twice and storage fees. Sounds like our Ryan home is far more expensive than what we thought. Oh did I mention that's it's almost impossible to get your mortgage representative on the phone, or that it took them a week to get us an over inflated spreadsheet with financial scenarios that seem to only benefit NVR.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We have been in our home for 4 years. Everything is falling apart. We had to put over 2000 dollars into our HVAC system this year. It’s a 4 year old system that's been serviced regularly. The vinyl flooring is peeling up. All the baseboards and window sills are bubbling and need replaced. They didn't seal the MDF so a drop of water even near it makes it explode and it can't be repaired. Have to replace it. The hose bibs have been replaced twice, once by Ryan under warranty, and again by me after the warranty expired. Our driveway has a bunch of holes, even though we used the recommended penetrating sealer every 3 years. The garage and basement floor was cracked when we got the keys, they refused to fix any concrete issues at all. Our bathroom vanities pulled away from the walls because they were not fastened properly. Our kitchen counter pulled off the wall nearly 4 inches the first year.

Our entire extended family got to see first hand the quality they produce that Christmas. We had a water leak above one of the bedrooms on the second floor just after the plumbing warranty expired, that was a loose vent stack, the connectors were not even hand tightened. The master bath is not heated or cooled. 17000 dollar addition was not worth it at all, Its at the end of the line so it's literally 15 degrees colder in there during the winter months, than in the bedroom it’s attached to.

Our neighbors who built the same model have the same problem. Is that how they get an energy star rating. I should not have to use a space heater to make my 17000 dollar bathroom usable. Btw if you don't want square white tile that bath cost 25000 for the first step up that gives a choice of tile color. If there were lemon laws, they would not be in business. Please don't build with this company, if you do you will regret it for the rest of your life. In my opinion, all the folks working for this company should be arrested for fraud and locked up with big Bubba to treat them like they treated their customers. Bent them over and... well you know.

Original review: June 13, 2017

My complaint is with Ryan Homes Mortgage Co, NVR Inc. In fact, if I can figure out how to file a formal complaint against NVR, I will. Two years ago Ryan Homes built me a Townhome. The sales reps were nice enough, the construction manager was amazingly patient and overall really great. This was my first time buying a home, and I was extremely excited about having one built, but I also made it very clear that I was completely inexperienced and nervous about the mortgage process so the sales rep referred me to their own mortgage co NVR, Inc; she said it would be easier and the $3000 bonus off closing costs was a deal breaker, so I didn't even shop around to compare products, HUGE mistake.

At my 1st appointment I told the Mortgage lady that I didn't know anything about mortgages so I really wanted her to keep me informed and educate me every step of the way; to be brutally honest I asked her to explain things to me like I was a child, and she agreed. She asked me a few questions, gathered some information, and said "we'll go with a 5/1 ARM because it'll get you the best possible rate with the lowest down-payment which is what you told me your concerns were." I knew what 5/1 meant, but that was about it so I asked her what other options there were. She didn't explain any options, she talked 'at' me and 'over' me and talked in jargon so honestly it was intimidating.

The following weeks were met by me emailing & leaving her repeated messages with little to no response, and when she did reply she never answered the question I had asked. She would take 5-7 days to reply, was inconsiderate, uncaring, and frankly did not verbally disclose the requirements of the product she sold me. After I complained to my sales rep, I was told that the mortgage rep was actually the office manager, so basically there was no one to complain to. Great; nervous first time homebuyer with a non responsive lender who honestly wouldn't know "customer service" from a hole in the ground.

At least the processor was really nice, she lifted some weight off of me by being overly empathetic and patient and explaining every step of processing along the way. Well, come to find out after doing some research on my loan, the lender put me in a product with MIP which cannot be removed for the entire life of the loan but she NEVER disclosed that to me. Also I didn't realize I was in a FHA product (not that I would've known what that meant at the time). That seems like unfair lending practices. Just based on the research I did since getting the loan, I was familiar with PMI which can be removed once the loan reaches 80% of the value of the home... but PennyMac (who purchased my loan) assured me that my loan has MIP which never goes away. So I'm stuck in this high payment for the life of my loan unless I refi.

The funny thing is, everyone I've spoken to including other Ryan Homes employees AND other people who purchased townhomes in my subdivision ALL had similar experiences with her. Yet no one does anything about it? I thought mortgage lending was the most highly regulated areas of finance, especially when it comes to Fair Lending and Truth in Disclosure processes. This was my 1st time buying a home, and the WORST customer experience of my entire life. It's disgraceful that the office "Manager" who should be setting the example for other employees can get away with giving such bad service to so many people on one of the biggest decisions of their lives. RIDICULOUS.

Original review: June 12, 2017

So my husband and I just started looking for our first home in March 2017. Well we met with a Realtor and she took us to look at a Ryan home. We were told that all the nice homes that have been remodeled were going very quickly and way over the listing price that our chances were slim and this was the best chance we had at getting a nice home. Ryan was in their last phase of building and there was only 3 lots left and only one not near the pond and we didn't want to be near a pond with having 4 kids running around, BTW this is in Marshview Landing in Mentor. Well we were told to keep our spot we had to put down a $3,000 deposit to lock in. So we did. Not even having much time to think about anything. Well I was very nervous after this appointment because everything was happening so quickly and the price is pretty steep with what we need for our family size.

Of course we met back after 10 days to finalize our choices and it's been nothing but a headache from here on out. So many papers you have to give NVR and you can't make any changes after your 14 day app which is pretty crazy when you're a first time home owner. We didn't know what was more important to add. We have never done this before, well we decided we really wanted to add the morning room after the 14 day app, well they gave us a very hard time about adding it but they finally did. There were options we are just now finding out about that we didn't know before and we can't change anything. Then we were told our build date would be July 3rd and we would meet our PM at the end of June for our production meeting which we were very excited about because July 3rd is our wedding anniversary and my uncle who lives in Washington is coming up to see the start of our build and we only see him once a year with him living so far.

Also we found this out on my husband's birthday so it just felt meant to be. Well then when we asked about the production meeting they said, "Well we don't even have a build date yet". WHAT!!! What do you mean? When we forwarded the email they sent us that stated our production meeting and the build date of July 3rd they told us they moved our date and are building other houses before us. All these horrible reviews I have been reading is really making me feel uncomfortable and we are really thinking of backing out. At this point I rather lose 3,000 than 331,000 and having a whole lot of issues when we move in.

My husband and I are freaking out. There are things we still would like to add and we can't on top of being 60,000 dollars over budget already. They charge 3,495 to have wood floor on your stairs and then upcharge you for the wood so you're really getting charged twice. We upgraded to Level C carpet and it's still horrible quality and not very many choices to choose from, also we choose real hard wood floors for the whole downstairs and I'm nervous of them getting scratched and ruined after we have spent so much for them and had to get a color we really didn't want because there were once again not very many choices. I'm sorry but I think people should have more time to pick their things out for their dream home than 14 days. It's ok for them to change things on you without your knowledge but when you ask to change something they want to charge you 750 dollars extra and give you a hard time about changing it.

I can't believe all this and we haven't even broken ground yet. I just want to back out and this point and wish my Realtor would have been way more helpful. I'm hoping we can back out or at least this not be the worst mistake of our lives. We are young and our children mean the world to us. I would hate for their new home to become a nightmare instead of a dream come true. This whole experience has just made me sick and the way they treat their customers is horrible and then to lure you into using NVR on top of all the other crap. I am just over all of this. I would recommend for people to look other places than to give Ryan Homes a chance. Run while you still can. It's nothing but horror stories about this company. You would think they would change something after all of this.

Original review: June 2, 2017

My son and his new wife were convinced two years ago that Ryan Homes had significantly improved the quality of their construction and decided to use them to build a beautiful, expensive new home in Concord Township. This home has been nothing but one nightmare after another. Yes, Ryan Homes gives a full two year warranty on their construction, but guess what, the nightmares don't end after two years. In fact, right now, by some has three large holes in his kitchen ceiling due to plumbing leaks in his master bath on the second floor.

Honestly - do not use this builder for your home. If there were lemon laws for new homes, as there are for new cars, for sure Ryan Homes would be liable long after their warranty expires. It's just heartbreaking to see a young couple, who put everything they had into building a beautiful new home, have to deal with one problem after another. Ryan Homes should be ashamed of the shoddy workmanship their crews perform. DO NOT even CONSIDER using Ryan Homes to build your dream.

Original review: May 18, 2017

NVR Inc. is the holding company and it owns Ryan Homes, NVR Homes, NVR Mortgage and NVR Title Services. I bought a home from Ryan Homes and went with its mortgage and title company to make the process easier. The Division Manager who oversees production, lending and title services is very unprofessional (the way she communicates with you and the level of disrespect she will show is unbelievable). Their customer service is the worst (they have hired people who have no clue what a customer means). They are rude and disrespectful no matter how hard you try and give them the benefit of the doubt.

The Mortgage division is the worst I have deal with in my life (have dealt with at least 6 - bought 4 homes and 2 refi's before). These are complete rude, unprofessional (they do not even know how to prepare disclosure documents even after I pointed out to them several times to correct the many, many mistakes on these documents), they postponed my closing date because they fail to follow up.

The title services is even the worst. They will quote you the title fees well ahead of closing date so that you stay with them then three days before closing they will try to rip you off. Try to bring this up with them they will try and put you in bad light for their own mistakes. To sum it up, they try to bully you, stand your ground firm and be prepared to walk away. Do not give them a large amount of deposit because your will compromise your own leverage to negotiate with them. IF you can stay away from them!

Original review: April 11, 2017

We bought a Ryan Home as the first owner back in 2010. In 2013, our seam between granite started separating. This is our first time having granite counter top. I called Ryan Homes and they said that it was because of the Richmond earthquake in 2011 and the settling of the house. I told them that the seam separation can't be because of the settling of the house or the earthquake. It was the poor installation procedure they used. All they did was put glue on the bottom of the granite and place the granite on top of the counter. And then they connect the two pieces of granite together with caulking. There were no adhesives used between the two pieces of granite on all the granite counter top in the kitchen. Very dissatisfied with the workmanship and WILL NOT BUY A RYAN HOMES AGAIN!!!!

Original review: April 11, 2017

We are the second owners of a Ryan Home. Our home was built in 2011 and we purchased the home from the original owner in 2014. Right after we moved in the compressor in the AC had to be replaced. After a thunderstorm we noticed roof shingles were missing and that had to be fixed. We contacted Ryan Homes on numerous occasions and never received a callback. We have sent emails and Ryan Homes never responded. Over the course of a year we had the roof repaired (at our expense) four times. Every time we had a storm with high winds the shingles would blow off. This house was built in 2011... why are shingles blowing off?

In June of 2016 we had the roof replaced. The roofing contractor said the reason the roof failed was, it wasn't properly vented (the ridge vent was compressed) and there wasn't enough fasteners to hold the shingles in place and poor workmanship. It was done on the cheap too, 15 year shingles. The contractor said he sees it all the time with Ryan Homes.

It doesn't end there, we have windows that are hard to see out of because the seals have failed. The list gets longer. We had the tile in the master bath fail. Again poor workmanship, not enough grout between the tiles. We had water getting behind the tiles and we ended up with what is called, "dogleg damage". The contractor who did the bathroom said, he sees this all the time. It's like a broken record. We now have a new shower in the master bath. We have also had to replace a pressure tank on the water system. All of these things are expensive!!! This house is only six years old. It's very frustrating when the builder won't even back up their product.

Original review: April 10, 2017

My husband and I purchased a Ryan townhome Upper Marlboro, MD about a year and a half ago. We noticed prior to our 1 year anniversary that one of our guest bedroom window screens were missing. I had called customer care to inquire as when we should receive screens and we were forwarded to speak with the window company who never returned our call. I reached back out to Ryan Homes, being that I am their customer and I purchased a home from them and I was told that there's nothing that can be done since our warranty after 1 year has expired. Note, I have window screens in all of the other windows, but the customer care representative explains to me that there's no record of my call and that the wind could have blown my screens out of my windows. Really?

I have had countless bad experiences with Ryan from the financing process to the vendors that they have partnered with. I feel that once you have purchased your home from them, they have no regard for you. The representatives are unprofessional and rude. I will never purchase a Ryan or NVR home again and to note, I will encourage my future homeowner friends and family not to purchase from Ryan or any of their companies. It's a disgrace! They harp on their customer service and hound you to death to submit post settlement surveys on your experience with them, hands down horrible and I am dissatisfied!

Original review: March 29, 2017

As a neighbor of Silver Woods they have built the grounds up approximately 3 feet, compacting with contaminated sand, letting rain water to drain into man made ponds and then pumping (basically) sewer water into the ass a woman bay. They do this on weekends when DNRC is not inspecting. I as a contractor have never seen a project with employees picked up at the local Home Depot - better off moving to SO CAL. They have real inspectors!

Original review: March 15, 2017

Six months after moving into my house, I discovered the Radon gas was 7 times the recommended EPA level. Three contractors told me the basement living space was not safe as a living area. I contact Ryan Homes and was told "not covered", "too bad for you", and "hope you can get it fixed". I was told during our final walkthrough the house was tested and expected I was moving into a safe and livable home. Wrong. The worst part of this, is no one in Customer Service, including the Division Manager even cared that our family's health was at risk, due to their negligence and lack of quality. A simple Radon test and mitigation system would have resolved the problem from the start. I am stuck with the entire repair, costing a couple of thousand dollars. Whatever you do, buy from another builder. I hope to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Don't give Ryan Homes a "good faith" payment. They will not give it back. Apparently we did not act in good faith in the loan process, we jumped through hoops, email after email. Credit inquiries and bank statements. So stressful. After the reviews I've seen about the building itself, I'm glad we were not approved. Ryan Homes sucks so does NVR mortgage.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

If I could do it all over again, I would have listened to the other reviews and never purchased a Ryan home. The mortgage process with NVR mortgage was a nightmare. They delayed my closing by a month due to a clerical error on their part. When I went to the manager at my apartment complex to see if I could stay for one more month, I was told that my apartment had already been rented and I would need to be out by the end of the month. NVR offered no help and I was essentially homeless until my closing.

Once I moved into my home, I noticed the shoddiness of the construction. Drywall cracking, cabinet pieces falling off, and my exterior window cracked. I have submitted a request to have repairs done and I get an automated response that someone from the Ryan Homes extended warranty customer service team will be in touch within 24-48 hours from when the request was submitted. It has been over 7 days. But hey, I should expect this because the customer service I received when I was purchasing my home was crappy so why should it change after they have already collected my money? I cannot wait to get some equity in this home and sell it because that it was I will be doing immediately. Purchase at your own risk!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

If you are thinking of buying a Ryan Home please reconsider. Their workmanship is very poor and they just don't care about quality. They want to get the job done fast so they can build another house and make more money but care nothing about doing a quality job. I will never, never buy a Ryan Home again. I have had to have my hardwood floors repaired 5 times. If they had been installed correctly the first time there would not have to be five trips to get it right. All the doors in my home were crooked and had to be adjusted. When the door to the garage was being straightened the trim was removed and there was at least a 2 inch gap between the 2x4 and the door frame. If I hadn't demanded the repair I would not have known there was such a gap until cold weather arrived.

There isn't a level wall in the whole house. They are either bowed or crooked. The concrete foundation cracked in the garage, kitchen and front porch two days after it was poured and they refuse to fix it. Said it was normal for concrete to crack. If so, not 2 days after being poured. The drywall installed in my garage is pathetic. The sheets don't even meet where butted up against each other. The tape is peeling off and it is just, overall, sloppy work. I think they pick up their workmen off a street corner and put them on a job site with no training. It shows in the end product. As far as NVR goes I would never go through the mortgage process with them ever again. They are as crooked as Ryan Homes since they are one and the same! I am only writing this review to let unsuspecting buyers beware of Ryan Homes and save them a lot of suffering and sleepless nights.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I'm a hard working, single woman. I built a Ryan Home and for the most part, have been happy with it. However, over the holidays I had sewage backing up into my garage which was not only disgusting but made a huge mess and ruined a few items I had stored. Since it was over the holiday, I had to call Roto-Rooter since they were the only ones working. They looked at my sewage lines with a camera and said they were cracked and needed repaired. They charged me $350 but at least got the sewage cleaned out of the garage. I then called a local plumbing expert who also used the camera to look at the problem. He showed me the broken pipes. Not only were they cracked and crumbled, but they were not even sealed together. Ryan did not use the correct pipe for a residential sewage system nor did they seal them together. They used Schedule 40 pipe part of the way (coming out of the house) and that went into Schedule 20 and Schedule 10.

They were simply slipped into each other and not even glued or sealed to prevent them from separating. In order to fix this shoddy work, my entire yard is being dug up (the pipe is buried 8 ft under near the house and goes to 13 ft. under to the street), my sidewalk steps will need to be cut off, my lamp post will need removed and my new landscaping is going to be destroyed (I just paid $3,000 this past summer to have my entire front and side of the house landscaped). They are concerned that my driveway will sink because every time they dig soil out, the ground falls into the hole and the pipe runs along the side of my driveway.

This repair, due to Ryan's shoddy work, is costing me $11,000 just for the plumbing. It will cost more once I have to replace all of the landscaping, light post and cement steps. Hopefully, my driveway will not cave in. If anyone knows of any recourse I may have, I would be very grateful. What is interesting is that the Ryan Project Manager who was in charge of building our development lives across the street from me. However, I'm being told by many that I don't have a case because it's past the warranty period. I'm sick to my stomach.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

My husband and I built our first home with Fox Ridge (aka Ryan Homes) in Nashville a little over a year ago. I can't tell you the numerous issues we have had with our home since we have moved it. Seriously people, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM RYAN HOMES OR FOX RIDGE HOMES OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH NVR!! If you have already purchased your home with them or are currently getting ready to close, let me give you some advice, purchase your own home inspection. They try to win you over by saying they will take care of the home inspection, but the home inspector is an insider or someone they have paid off to make the home sound perfect. Well... Let me tell you, the home inspector didn't catch a lot of defects with our house.

Honestly I don't even think our home is up to codes since we have so many issues. Although I have a TON of complaints, I'll stick to one for now - our HVAC unit. We have lived in our home for just over a year now. When they first installed our HVAC unit, they installed it wrong (upside down is what the HVAC company said), so therefore, we were not receiving any heat for over two weeks in the middle of winter!! So they got that fixed. Then six months later, the AC barrel (whatever that is) broke. Called HVAC people again, and they told me that it shouldn't be a big deal and they would just go grab one off of another unit. Well... here's the kicker, get a phone call from the HVAC people and they have to order the part because my unit has been discontinued 2 YEARS AGO!! What?!?! We freaking built a new home and they installed a 2 year old unit in our house!! Seriously!!

So no AC for another 2 weeks, oh and did I mention that it was now the dead of summer with outside temperatures in the high 90's!! We ended up purchasing a window unit for the time being since it was so miserably hot!! Now fast forward to this past week (late December), and we happen to notice that the front of the house seems super cold. We call the HVAC people again, wait a week, and then finally they show up. The guy goes under the crawl space and finds out that they never wired up the dampers to the front of the house!! So that means we haven't been getting AC or Heat to the front part of our house.

SERIOUSLY! So let me sum this up... They installed a 2 year old unit to a brand new house, installed it upside down, and forgot to wire the dampers so part of the house was not receiving AC or heat. So please explain to me what the home inspector actually did!! Just BS. So if you must purchase your Ryan Home, then do yourself a favor and hire an outside inspector to make sure everything is working properly.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

You will hear minimal everyday noises thru yours and neighbor's wall. When I contacted Ryan Homes their reply was that noise is not warranted. I was also told they only put insulation in one of the adjoining walls! I sent them another email saying that was heck of a way to cut corners and save a few bucks. Have not heard anything back as of yet. Wouldn't recommend their Townhome due to this cheap shortcut that will cost me $$$.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Basically I want to ask a question and see if anyone has a answer. I am in the final stages of building with Ryan and financing with NVR, their mortgage company. Now, my house will be under a VA loan which requires a appraisal from the VA. I am a little worried about appraisal after reading some of these reviews. They actually rolled some of the closing costs into the price of the house raising the price by $5,000 or a little less. This house was originally at a sale costs of $179,350.00. For general purpose the house is in the Martinsburg WV area. It is a new design plan 1680.

The question is this: Has anyone had a problem with NVR/Ryan adjusting the sale price to the appraisal price? Right now there is no other funds to give these people as I have been drained down not from the company but from life circumstances that just happened such as 2 car accidents within 10 weeks of each other by my son and wife. Or does anyone have any idea of how much this house would appraise for with the VA??

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Poor quality. They don't fix things that break. Siding completely fell off most of the house. Tried calling. Spoke to people. They ignore you. Won't fix the problem. I have to. I would never buy a Ryan home again.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

We brought some friends to look at a unit at Discovery Square since they are first time buyers interested in purchasing. They had their toddler with them and I asked the salesperson if they had a bathroom so my friend could change the toddler's diaper. The salesperson was extremely rude and said "No, we don't have a changing station. This is not a gas station." To which I said, "I understand this is not a gas station but you are selling homes to families right? You don't have to be rude. It is ridiculous that you cannot offer a restroom to a mother in need to change a diaper." So we left. Some people are not meant to be in sales. Ryan Homes should select their sales people better. If this is the welcome experience you get at the sales office, I can imagine what the purchasing process must be like. From the ratings in this site and the experience I had we had, I will recommend staying away from Ryan Homes.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I live in Nashville and moved in just over a month ago. Ryan Homes has most incompetent contractors and worst quality sub-contractors. The work is of cheap quality and barely meets minimum standards and are average in nature. The overall look is fine but finishing is poor and you can notice them if you pay close attention to things like walls, paint, ceiling etc. I had a 10-point list after my orientation and 2-3 of them are not even fixed yet, even after a month. These are things that were supposed to be fixed before closing. You can't even touch your walls; the paint quality is so bad that if you barely brush your finger or jacket on the wall, you will start noticing shade or scratches. Our contractor never answers phone and only replies to email or text when convenient.

We have already seen 5 or 6 new problems that show the quality of work and now needs fixing. There are already pending cabinet door replacement (that were promised soon after settlement) that are not done in more than 5 weeks after moving in. I have told my agent to not suggest Ryan Homes to any her new clients already.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I will recommend the homes at Lakes at Lucerne Park on Winter Haven FL. The houses are comfortable and they will have plenty of space for your family. In addition, the contractor working on ground along with his crew will make sure that your house meets needs. We recently purchase a home here and we love it. If you're looking to purchase a new home stop by Ryan Homes at Winter Haven, FL. You will love it.

Ryan Homes Company Information