1.4/5 (30 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Ryan Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ryan Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: May 7, 2022

In 40 years of home construction, I have never seen such poor workmanship. The inspectors passing this junk should be fired. If they won't perform their jobs correctly, then they are not protecting the public from losing their in investments. These ** workers they are hiring are coming into this line of work with little or no experience and are not being trained any different.

Original review: May 7, 2022

As soon as I settled on my new home on 8/26/21 the nightmares began. My roof shingles was loose and my dining room wall was bulging as water was coming in the wall. My waterline in the basement was loose and dripping water and furnace did not want to come on. I been here for almost 9 months and it's almost something need repaired every week.

The latest issue is my foundation on basement wall by the window is cracked and leaks water on my carpet from the rain and my dining room subfloor needs to be replaced because it buckled. Now Ryan's Homes has no problem with making these repairs so far, but as a ** man who is a veteran having new home built, I wonder if I would of never visit the site while my house was being built would I still had all these problems. I get the impression when the Ryan's Homes workers see who's buying the house they did crappy work finishing my house. My neighbors on opposite sides of me have no problems with their home.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Closed on my new build home on March 18, 2021. Big rainstorm that night and the next morning had a large puddle in the middle of the family room. They eventually (2 weeks) fixed it but the poor workmanship throughout the entire home is evident from flooring, to roof, to windows and tile work in bathrooms. The contractors they use for warranty work are unreliable and untrustworthy. The issues are too long to list.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The worst level of fit & finish I've ever experienced for a new home. Doors don't latch, openings move, drywall improperly installed, and cracking, worst casework I've seen, floors uneven, creaking; siding coming off; thermostats wired backward, trims came loose around garage door opening, the garage door windows leak; kitchen base cabinets pulled away from the wall; After 12 months your warranty is done, but the problems keep surfacing...If you have a choice of another builder I strongly recommend you chose them.

Original review: April 13, 2022

We bought our brand new home in 2015 and received a huge binder on every appliance, the roof, the HVAC system, heating system, etc. The HVAC system has a 10 year warranty. Now 7 years later there is a coil in our upstairs A/C unit that has a hole in it and will cost over $3,000 to replace. The A/C company that Ryan Homes contracted with to handle these A/C warranty issues has informed us that the HVAC unit was NEVER registered, therefore the warranty expired after 5 years. We were never told by the project manager or anyone else at Ryan that we needed to register every single warrantied item in our house. This was such deception by Ryan Homes. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone if this is the way they get out of standing behind their home, appliance everything else they "warranty".

Original review: April 7, 2022

I recently purchased a new construction Ryan home in North Carolina. My project manager was amazing, he called me every step of the way to give me an update on my progress. My home was built exactly as what I picked at the design center. I am excited and very pleased with the work on my new home.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

We are sad to share that we had a very shady salesman. He lied about so many things, and it’s put an absolutely horrible taste in our mouths for Ryan homes! I can promise we will do our homework with the next place.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I bought my house in 2020, I couldn't wait until my house was finished getting built...but I had so many issues with it to the point I'm ready to sell it!!!! They didn't seal the holes, so I had every bug you could possibly think of in my house. Within a couple of months they had to come and fix the subfloor because all it did was creak when you walked on it. Now...after my year warranty is up, I have 3 cracks in my drywall so far from what I've seen. 2 on the wall and one on the ceiling. My 2 bedrooms when you walked on it creaks so bad that it sounds like you're about to fall through it.

My laundry room, you can tell where the floor is going down because where they caulk the floor to the base boards, it's not even connected. You can push on the floor and it goes. I called them and they said you should've called before your warranty up!!!! Well all this happened after and I think it's ** that now I have to put money into fixing this when a house not even 2 years old is already falling apart. I let them know that their work is poorly done and I see why everyone is selling their house within a year of buying it!!!! I will NEVER buy another Ryan Home again!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Ryan Homes is spam, the worst ever!!!! you pay a lot of money for garbage. Not only low quality but also the cheapest and lowest quality ever, you can buy them from dollar store. Their Handymen unprofessional, unexperienced, they do a horrible job ever, my little son can paint better than them. Windows are leaking air, window manufacturer is not responsible for anything, they blame Ryan's and Ryan's blame them. Ryan can't solve any problems, flooring uneven, paint are horrible, doors are empty inside and plastic, driveway cracking, oven, dishwasher and microwave are cheap as well, poor management and their supervisors and managers are useless, they know only this statement "No, that can't be fixed" even during one year warranty.

I give you an advice that worth millions, wished someone opened his mouth and spoke up before like I just did. Our whole community is not happy with Ryan Homes at all, and some of them like me, are still fighting Ryan's. Don't make Ryan's fool you with their beautiful sample house. I bought a new house because we don't want to do maintenance for the next 5 years, we were wrong, Ryan's houses you will do that from the first month. I will sell this house and never looking for a new houses. We got enough. I want to warn you all.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I was excited and interested in the new single home at Ashbourne Meadows Montgomery PA. I meet with the sale representative a couple of times, on 11/26/2021, I was contacted by the sale representative about the Black Friday special the company was having. 20,000$ of the original price. I meet with him on 11/29/2021, after going through some details I realized the down payment remains the same, I explain to the representative am not sure I really want to go ahead with the purchase. I need to think it over, he said the sale price is for that day only and if I don't make a down payment the price will go back up the next day. The down payment was 30,000$.

I explain, "Am not ready to put all this money down and am not sure," he said, "Ok. What about 10,000$," still was little bit hestitant, he said, "Put down 5000$." I said, "If I change my mind would I get my money back." He said, "To me since you not sure and I really don't want you to miss out on this deal. Am going to give up to 12/16/2021 to pay the balance," he make it clear, "If you don't cancelled before 12/ 16 you will have to pay the balance but if you cancelled before you going get your 5000$ back."

On 12/11/2021 I call. Didn't get any answer. I text him to inform him that I am cancelling. He answer and said he was sorry and what was the reason and he on a family emergency and he going to connect me once he back in the office. A couple of days go by no calls, no text, I call. I text. No answer, my next call and message I received was from a whole other representative that I never meet, telling me he is my sale representative because the other guy no longer works for Ryan's home, now all of a certain difference representative, every one saying something different and no know or wants to know what was the deal made between the first representative and I. Am very frustrated and disappointed. I need this to be resolved. KV

Ryan Homes Company Information