Find a Home Builders partner

3. Home Builders

1.5/5 (33 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Ryan Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ryan Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We just moved in a Ryan Homes build 55+ new home in Delaware on Oct.,2021. The house was built quickly within a few months even in current supply chain challenging environment. We chose Ryan Homes because a friend who has one built in Smyrna. They highly recommend Ryan homes for its quick built and excellent customer services. The Sale process is very supportive and very fast responses from our sale person, Christina **. She helps us to finalize the various options and help us several times update the build contract when we changed our mind. The build process is very efficient with the project manager. Joe **, keep us in loop with weekly progress reports and pictures. During and after the house completion, every time we email or called Joe with questions, will have an answer no later than a day.

During the final walk through. Joe and his colleague patiently go through every feature of the house and address every question and concerns that we have. E.G. I am concern with the exposed nails in the unfinished part of basement and Ryan Homes cover every expose stud nails with protective foam to avoid rusty nail cut in the future. Also make many suggestions to help our transition more conveniently. (Like using temporary window blinds before our custom order blinds can be installed.)

Ryan Homes also are up to date with the digital information for appliance warranty and user manual using scan codes, document in a thumb drive and contract signing using DocuSign online. After move in, we found a few minor electrical and plumbing issues which Joe came right away and start the home owner warranty repair process. Within a weekend, we got the electrician called us to come next day to fix the issues. We are happy with our new home. All the appliances are the latest one with latest advance features. We are sorry to hear other owners had many bad experiences from Ryan homes group in other States. We definitely will recommend the Ryan homes group in Delaware.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My experience is near identical to a lot of the reviews here. The sales process was great and when my unit was being build the project manager Nick was great. That's where the good things ended. The lack of quality I was warned about by another builder and I was too naive to believe them at the time. Now I clearly see what they meant. Poor quality, poor customer service from my local warranty "manager", they don't stand behind their workmanship or lack thereof, multiple issues, etc. Being that I am in a townhome neighborhood us neighbors are noticing a trend of problems. HVAC problems, paint problems, outside bricks falling off, grout/caulking issues in showers. It's horrible...

I will never purchase from Ryan Homes again. Lesson learned. For what you pay, the poor quality, lack of caring and headaches to fix things or get it handled through them is ridiculous. I'm now waiting for someone to call me back about two tickets that were marked "resolved" when in fact they were not. I can't imagine the amount of lawsuits this company has against them. If you are considering a Ryan Home, purchase with caution.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

WARNING to anyone considering purchasing a Ryan Home. We built in Penn township with a move-in date of June 2020 and were so excited for our new home and to be able to live in the Blackthorne community. The salesman was great to work with at first even though we were really disappointed about the lack of selections Ryan homes offered. As they progress on our house neared its end, we obviously wanted to see the inside and check in on everything… both the salesman and our project manager were not getting back to me about a visit and kept dodging my emails and texts so we drove up there and asked workers to let us see our home.

When I walked inside, I was shocked to find out that our granite had giant black defects all over it, the wrong hardware was placed all throughout the home, walls were crooked and our stone fireplace had a light switch right on the front of the stone. Coincidentally, our “project manager” Mike, walked into the home as I was there and completely lost his mind that we had stopped by the house unannounced and had no answers as to why things were a mess and ASKED US TO LEAVE.

Yes, things only got worse from there as you can imagine. On move in day we found even more defects with the house that Ryan Homes promised to fix but never did, I spent the entire next year putting in ticket after ticket and countless vacation days waiting for people to come repair various items in our home because everything kept breaking but nothing was ever resolved so eventually we were assigned a “regional manager” to our case, Tom, who gave us nothing but a runaround until our 1 year warranty was up.

At that point we were totally defeated and we are now left to deal with a garage door that does not go up and down properly, sky high humidity levels in our home because the HVAC unit they put into these homes is too small for the square footage of the home, a broken dishwasher because the motor was no good, blinking lights in our master bedroom and master bath and trim that looks like a 10 year old painted and placed. At this point in October of 2021, Tom stopped answering any of my texts and phone calls, closed out all of our tickets and marked them as “resolved” and we are left with the choice of paying lawyer fees to get these issues resolved or paying to get all of these items fixed ourselves. Literally hell. I write this in hopes to save others from making the same mistake in purchasing one of these homes.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

My neighborhood is next to a working mine that dynamites up to twice per week. I didn't see it or hear about it from Ryan Homes at purchase or the many months during lockdown when about 12 people contacted me daily for credit/income/payment. Friday's blast put a crack in my foundation and created bulges. My timeline is plus 1 year and despite my sense of urgency, no one has returned my repair call. This does not even begin to convey the noise of the mine trucks that vibrate my walls during quiet hours. If I had not told every Ryan employee I met that I was buying the house for peace, you could say too bad. But I did, every conversation. The township told me they don't have a structural engineer. Really?

As building continues, the company who owns the property only asked some existing owners if the builder could dynamite also. No notice on my end of the street. Concrete basements do not belong near blasting as my basement will show. In my one year of living here I have only spent money fixing and checking systems in the house to make sure Ryan's workmanship is not affecting our health. My advice, don't buy or sell a home without a lawyer.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Ryan sells some beautiful homes. Our sales process was great. Had our home built in December 2020. After that everything fell apart. Warranty work is significantly delayed. We have been waiting for 10 months for them to touch up outside paint (blue tape is still there). The grading of the lawn was horrible, large dips, my wife twisted her ankle in one. The yard floods near the water meter. When we try abs have things addressed they say it’s the HOA, HOA says it’s Ryan. In the meantime it’s still their contractor who did the lawn and the lawn is full of holes. Many others have the same experience. They have fixed some warranty issues but still not all, like bowing out drywall. This is a company that won’t honor their lawn so don’t expect much. Oh and our project manager quit and the other doesn’t answer or return calls. If you can diy sure choose them, beautiful home design.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Very ridiculous and bad experience with Rayan Homes, we having a big problem with roofing. After the rain all the water is going inside the house, water is dripping from ceiling, water in the room floor, water is going down the basement, Call to Hundred Time Rayan Homes Concern department for help/Fix of my house I just bought around six months in Rayan homes society, they never care after sell house, it’s been 6 month and first time no one come for fix even electricity short circuit due to water come from celling. We call 911 they help us but Rayan homes ignore that with poor response about calls, for happens, now its leakages starts second time again water coming from ceiling and my family is very upset, please let me know where we have to call or email of contact,.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have items from my 30 day walk that still has not been taken care of a year later. So does many of my neighbors. Yes, I reported it, yes, I opened a ticket, yes I called. The paint is cheap we all know that, the tile is cheap as it's peeling and chipping at the corners. Glue and grout stains throughout. I would NEVER build or recommend a Ryan's home to any of my family or friends, that's for sure.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I am close to my two year “loss of warranty,” timeframe and my hvac won’t work. It happens to be the heat of summer. The hvac company blames “me,” and a “schedule.” After they address it is still doesn’t work. Sobieski is the hvac company. Both corporations should prioritize service rather than new business.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Ryan Homes built our Lee's Parke, Fredericksburg, VA Bramante one level finished basement 3/2020. You can no longer build a home in this community for under $500,000. These are just a few of the many issues that we have/had in our home: Multiple cracks in foundation hidden behind the installation (may not be caused by shrinkage but by a county code required bolt). Cracks at back door frame, front step and at garage door, Electrical circuits mis-wired to include Hot water heater not placed on single circuits, 10 Interior 2 exterior lights uncentered in ceiling, Humps in drywall, Visible seams in walls and truss in ceilings, deck railings two different sizes, defective carpet throughout entire home (replaced with a thinner carpet and refuse to remove the excess carpet on the role. Left in our garage).

We were not compensated for having to remove 75 gallons of water from the fish tank in order for them to replace the defective carpet, missing electrical outlet (their charge for adding one $350) and saw nothing wrong with not putting the missing one in, Wavy tray ceiling (refuse to complete repairs), Broken truss, Defective stove, Interior doors have a gap approx. 1 3/4 wide. Doors are not hung in the model and we were never told they would be larger than industry standards. Tommy ** explained the large gap under the doors as a one size fit all to accommodate tile flooring. These gaps lead to no privacy due to lights and sounds and no way to keep draft out, because standard product doesn’t fit. Erosion/Grading issues and Outside water septic leak from the knob.

Sunken/Roller Coaster/Floating floors - (Brett Sechler, Vice President came to my home on 2 occasions and never introduced himself or that he is the VP). Brett had Tommy ** to measure in two places (patio door and front door) just the immediate area where the floating floors (Jim **) begins, never measuring from the highest point to the lowest point in the room. After measuring Brett said, "by looking at it, you wouldn't think it would be within tolerance". That statement alone tells you how bad it looks and yet Brett refused to have the floors repaired. Then on 12/23/2020, Brett sends me a threatening letter stating that they didn’t have to complete the warranty work without any explanation and falsely accusing me of trespassing.

I reported the issues with the floor long before the 1 yr. warranty expired 03/09/2021. To date 8/23/2021 Ryan Homes states that the floor issues, and unfinished repairs are now outside the 1yr. warranty and refuses to repair. It is my experience that Ryan Homes practices match what I was told by warranty worker, Tommy ** to be Ryan Homes motto: "We are a financial company selling homes and the homes are just the postcard.” We are experiencing that statement firsthand daily; Ryan Homes Builder/NVR care more about their bottom line than the quality home they advertise they will build or the customer.

In some cases you are promised $5000.00 for using the builder’s lender. However, items such as a credit report is billed at $100.00 when a competitor price is $19.00. Read that again, 5X higher! Or when lender charges an origination fee that wipe out your earnest money and competitors charges $0. Did they really give you $5000.00? Five thousand dollars is on the credit line but recouped in the excess cost of itemized fees. This practice along with a higher interest rate is only part of the big financial gain at the consumer’s expense. Don't take my word for it, read and compare your financial documents from NVR and other lenders with a fine-tooth comb! Buyer Beware!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

My home is 8 years old! Basement water in several spots. Had the drain tiles hydro-jetted. Still water. Call Ryan? Yea, so sad, too bad, better get some waterproofing. DON’T build with Ryan. After 1 year…bye bye.

Ryan Homes Company Information