Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
3.22/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

214 Ryan Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2019

Stay away from Ryan homes and its services. Our house started to crack and leak within a month of moving. When we reported the issue to the PM we were told to file a warranty request as the 3 weeks review period was over. The interesting thing is he didn't come once for the three week review nor took any notice of number of issues I had messaged him over the 3 weeks. So I try to contact the warranty dept which not surprisingly has no emergency contact or service option, claims to reach out to you within 24 hrs but doesn't and is staffed with the most unprofessional staff who tells you to “not call us as calling us will not fix anything, we are doing what we can.” This after one week on cracks on my ceiling which kept growing and water dripping constantly.

Finally, I reached out to the plumbing company listed on the list myself and begged the people to just have a look. They did and replaced the entire bath fixtures as they were substandard and were leaking water already within 1 month of construction. Since then I have reached out to the warranty team and customer service team to come look at the water damage and repair my ceiling but all I get is indifference and extremely unprofessional attitude from the people working. Do not buy Ryan home houses. Never. It is not just the project manager and the sales team but the entire service is substandard and there is no customer service even with a warranty.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Our sales rep and building manager both told many lies such as how big our covered porch would be, that they never have squeaky floor issues, and that they screw in their subfloor to name a few. Needless to say they never lived up to their promises and the quality is a poor as it can be. All the floors squeak and crack and they will not take ownership. There is not a right angle anywhere in the home as many of the walls and corners are laughable. The single unit HVAC does not deliver as promised, the gutters are leaking and trim is pulling away throughout the home. These are just some of the issues on 6 months in. As a realtor, I will never let a client buy a Ryan Home after my own experience.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Let’s see where do I start. We gave Ryan Homes our deposit in April 2018. We were promised our home to be done the first of October 2018. The first problems started within a couple of weeks as we were told the home on the lot we purchased could not be built due to the property lines. So they needed to make some change to the upgrades we wanted. The extended bedroom we were told would not fit. The patio we wanted was not available either. We asked why when we gave them our deposit did the sales representative in the office not know this, so we made some compromises so to have our home built. Then we received another email stating oh dear the survivors made a mistake and indeed we could have our original build.

Every time we needed to sign these change orders ASAP but it took Ryan Homes office weeks to sign these change orders. Now it is July before ground is broken. Keep in mind we live in California and all communication is via email and infrequently by phone. Not to mention we are having to sell our home and try to coordinate both so we are not having to live in a hotel or family for an extended length of time.

Well the first couple of weeks in September more delays and now we are having to put all our belongings in storage and live with our family. Okay we think the house is going to be built with some quality and we can do this. Then a couple more delays and finally get the date to be able to move and close escrow. We were given a promise date so we have our belongings scheduled to arrive the day after escrow closes and we plan our drive across the the country from California to Ohio. We rent an AIRBNB for a week so we can close escrow, do our final walk through, purchase a refrigerator and washer and dryer.

We arrive the Saturday before escrow was to close. We wire our downpayment to our lender and do our final walkthrough on a Monday. House is very pretty but our siding is not completed, paint on the outside not completed, there is a huge pile of gravel in the front yard which has not been graded. We are told the gravel will be removed before the close of escrow but due to the weather painting and siding will have to wait until the weather is not freezing.

Okay we say we can wait for our paint, siding, and grading and drains and sod to be done. So escrow is supposed to close on the 15th of November. Well guess what the appraiser has not been able to do the appraisal because every time he came our home the week before it was not completed and when he went to the sales office it was closed and was unable to get any response from Ryan Homes to be able to see another home completed like ours which caused another delay in closing escrow.

Now our moving company is due to arrive on the 16th of November and escrow has not closed. Of course Ryan Homes refused to allow the movers to put our belongings in the garage telling us to rent a trailer and put it in the front of the house to put our belongings in. Oh and on Friday afternoon we had scheduled our refrigerator and washer and dryer to be delivered. Tons of phone calls later from our lender and us escrow closes Friday at 12 o’clock. Okay so we sign all the paperwork and rush over to our new house for the appliances to be delivered only to walk in and smell gas. The oven is leaking gas, the gravel in the front yard has not been removed only spread around the front yard.

We called the construction manager regarding the gas leak and are told they are unable to do anything until Monday. Now this is the week before Thanksgiving. So nice the gas is shut off at the oven until following Monday. And are told the gravel will be removed when the weather is better. Fast forward, dishwasher falls out of the cabinet surprise it is not bolted down, the microwave is dented, cabinet trim not nailed as a result falls off, roof leaking which that was fixed in a timely manner. It took until the first of the year to have the microwave replaced.

Fast forward now we have been here 6 months the gravel is still in our front yard, the siding has been delivered a couple weeks ago but is sitting on our driveway in the rain in boxes. The drains have not been put in and heaven only knows when we might get the sod we were promised. It is now May and our home is not yet completed as we have watched other homes being built with their siding applied in the snow.

Would I recommend anyone on purchasing a Ryan Home only if you want the run around. Or want a home that is completed in a timely manner. This process started April 2018 and it is now May 2019 and we have already made 5 house payments on a home that is yet to be completed. Needless to say we are very disappointed and frustrated with this process. And if we knew what we were walking into we would have bought a home with someone else.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchased a condo from Ryan Homes last year for me and my two kids. They sold to a smoker and the cheap manufactured condo without appropriate ventilation means our condo is flooded with second hand smoke incessantly. I’ve been round and round but they turf everything to the HOA who just says “oh yeah, lots of buildings have this issue.” They are very deceptive and there is a good reason why they have a lot of complaints.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Called customer care trying to figure out a warranty situation with Ply Gem siding that Ryan uses and you get hung up on. Siding manufacturer refuses warranty on their products and Ryan Homes knows about it and still uses them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Got upcharged a good bit of money for a “premium lot”. I won’t get into the few other complaints but two. 1) They pushed back out home by about another 10+ feet from where it was staked so it greatly shrunk the backyard. 2) They left two huge tree stumps & to top it off I was leading brush and there is 1 tree that is 1/2 way cut through. It looks dead and I’m worried about it falling on my house. Ryan is non responsive about finishing clearing my lot.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I closed on my Ryan Home on 3/16/17 and I dealt with little issues here and there. But my biggest complaint with Ryan Homes I have called 5 times about my heating and air condition unit. Loose connections where the heat would not come on. He pulled the side panel off on a separate call and did something with the ignitor to get that to work. He came out 3 other times but I can’t recall what the issue was. So on 4/24/19 I called Ryan Homes customer service and explained that my AC unit will not cut on. They had me will never buy another Ryan Homes ever again. My next step is to call the local news and a lawyer. I promise someone go to the garage to check the fuse box and I cut the unit on and off. They had me go outside to the unit and check a box that was hooked up to and that wasn’t the issue. They had to call a service repairman to come out.

On 4/25/19 a Ryan Homes representative came out to the house and repeated everything I had done the day before and told me someone should be out soon. On 4/26/19 I called Ryan Homes customer service and explained no one has come out to the house and I didn’t understand the hold up. I was told they have 2 days to respond to the ticket. 2 days and still a no show. Saturday I called customer service and they were closed. I called again Monday morning around 7:15am and the lady was surprised that no one came out. She said she would put another ticket in to the company. Still all day no call. I called Ryan Homes customer service again this afternoon 4/29/19 because now it been 5 days.

I explained to the gentleman on the phone my issue and he told me it was no longer Ryan Homes issue and it was my responsibility to call the company. He was rude and had a terrible attitude. I told him I didn’t buy the unit from the company. I bought this house from Ryan Homes and I need someone to call me or come fix it. I paid $300K for a new home and Ryan Homes can’t stand by their product. I am a very unhappy and unsatisfied customer with Ryan Homes. It’s unbelievable that I have had to call 5 times about this same unit and called 6 times for this one issue concerning this same unit. Ryan Homes need to stand by their product and by the companies they hire to put their equipment in these homes. I am pissed to say the least and will come out then. Very unsatisfied customer.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We love the location and floor plan of our home. The construction and finishes are so poor. We have waves in our drywall, stair runners that are cut too short and filled in sloppily with caulk, bathroom caulk that is gobbed on...I could go on. We have attempted to have these item repaired thru warranty but the people that are sent just make it worse. The subs they use have no clue and are so sloppy. We were also promised a egress hole cover before we closed. We were told it was on order due to it being a special a size. Almost a year later we still do not have it. We are getting the runaround. Everyone is very nice, but things just do not get done!

Original review: April 20, 2019

Awful experience. They use the cheapest contractors. Paint is already chipping. Cracking everywhere. 30 page report from our home inspector we hired before closing: crooked deck post, moldy wood used for framing/crawl space!!, damage to truss, hilly backyard not rolled properly (flat land when bought), they mixed up our house colors!!!!! Had to change whole color palette because they installed white windows instead of beige which we originally chose. I could keep going. It was just so awful. Only 3-5 “pre secret packages for interiors-can’t go to a showroom and mix and match what you’d like, have to pick a package. Not fun or what we dreamed of.

Original review: March 31, 2019

If you're looking for a home my advice is stay away from Ryan Homes, aka NVR Mortgage, NVR Title Agency. My experience is too long to tell in this review. Highlights are that we signed a buyer's agreement that was ironclad with no way out. After realizing what a mistake we made, (especially after they started building), they wouldn't let us out of the deal without legal repercussions. I didn't even care about losing our downpayment, I just wanted out. Had to sign at closing because otherwise they said they would fine us, sue us, etc.

We we ended up paying almost $275000 for a $220,000 home by the time they added in all their 3rd party fees. What a scam. The hilarious part is, the buyer's agreement states you can't have a lawyer change anything. They're protected 100%. Buyer beware! The house is crap, built like a shed with crap material. They're 200 percent idiots when it comes to building. They gave us the wrong elevation and forgot our fireplace. Really, truly, they don't deserve any stars, but one star is as low as this review thing goes.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I would say I am kind of disappointed with the after sales services that Ryan Homes/NVR offers. My walkthrough was done 2 hours before my closing and the project manager was rushing me through it. The few things that we found that needed fixed have not all been addressed till date and I have tried to reach out to the Project Manager and he is not responding at all.

After my closing, I went back to my home and found a few other issues and I even took the pictures and sent the project manager and he still didn't respond. This is supposed to be a brand new home but the finishing on this home is terrible and it is really disappointing that the Project Manager is not taking on his responsibilities. I always wanted to hire an inspector to do walkthrough with me but they kept telling me that it wasn't necessary since this is a brand new home. Additionally, I was given the wrong keys to my house. The keys do not open my front door and I have to enter my house only through the garage door.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My home was built in 2014. The original purchaser did an immediate rent back to Ryan Homes as the house was a model. Once the rent back period was over, I purchased and moved in to the house (1st occupant - the original owner never occupied) 2017. Since then, I've had nothing but problems. The HVAC system not appropriately sized per HVAC company; leak down through the kitchen from the master bath - due to a nail in the pipe during the building process; sloping of floors. Blame has been placed on me for these issues. I would never recommend this company to anyone and will never buy or occupy a home built by Ryan Homes. I wish that I could give them a negative rating.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We bought what we thought would be our dream vacation and later retirement home in Ocean City, MD. But we soon found out that all 12 condo buildings have major structural repairs that NVR/Ryan refuse to correct. The Building department made us shut down one of the stair towers for emergency repairs and now we have to have all the stair towers in every condo building reconstructed. In addition, they did not construct the balconies and front landings correctly as well. We are now in a fight to hold them accountable. But the damage is done. Our home is now a money pit and we can only hope to sell and recoup some of our money.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Wondering why they keep insisting we continue because we have since found out our current home needs major repairs before we can sell. We are not contingent upon selling that home but we have to get a second mortgage to make these repairs. We bring home 4300 a month, current mortgage is 769, new home mortgage is $1490, and now we have to get a second mortgage. They keep moving forward and saying numbers look good. Just wondering why we allow a bank to own a builder and approve loans just to make a sale. We have told them we cannot continue and have been met with threats of being sued. I wouldn’t recommend NVR or Ryan Homes to anyone. Wishing now we had never walked into that open house.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We were very excited to build our first home but what a nightmare Ryan Homes made it! Where to start? First off our project manager was a joke. I swear he just got off the couch. We walked the property right before the move in date and made a punch list of things to be done. Showed up the next week and nothing was done! I was irritated that the entire punch list has to be done AFTER we moved in. Every time we had a Ryan worker come to fix something it just opened up new problems.

Let me explain what had to be done starting at the street. OUTSIDE: Driveway was terrible, had to be literally ripped out and replaced. Garage door panels dented from workers backing their truck to close to the house (I was there daily because I could not trust any “workers” Ryan had). The yard is a complete mess. Had to fight for a drain in the backyard because there was a pond of standing water. My house was never grounded electrically outside, I had to do it even after reminding them dozens of times and how the heck did it pass inspection?? Every window is not caulked, gap in every one. INSIDE starting with the garage, the walls are so bad. Some joints have zero mud. The new garage floor is all scratched up.

Ryan Homes upper management called me about my bad review and wanted to come see for himself. Of course he was very arrogant and thought nothing was wrong. I almost threw him out. There’s your reason right there why Ryan is the worst. You lead by example and if your bosses are clowns then why would your workers be any good?

My HOA and the city was on their butt the entire time to finish work they started. So to finish up, floors -walls - ceilings etc everywhere needed work. They hire the absolute cheapest labor they can find. Even the doors had handles falling off! I can’t name one thing that went correctly. BEWARE! RYAN IS THE BIGGEST RAT COMPANY EVER! Everyone had the SAME experience!! I’m a big believer in Karma.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I built a Ryan Home 4 years ago and agree with the other comments on this site related to unsquared walls, wavy walls, etc. I now have 2 leaks in the roof that are caused from poor workmanship by Bradco who is the roofing contractor that put my roof on. They ran the shingles in the valley backward so the water from the steeper slope is running under the shingles and the shingles on the front of the house have tar all over them where they had nails come through the shingles and they "patched" them. They did not install the flashing correctly so water is leaking where the roofline meets the wall also. Never again would I build a home using Ryan Homes and I will never recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I bought my Ryan townhome in July 2016. In the past few months I have had my microwave stop working properly, had to replace my garbage disposal AND my dishwasher. Shouldn't these appliances last longer? I don't even use them that much! Very disappointed with Ryan.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Have been in our home for one year. House built by Ryan Homes in Greenwood, IN. There are more “nail pops” in the walls than you can count. Not one wall is straight, square, or perpendicular. Long hallway walls are wavy. Corners are crooked. Still fighting them after a year on light fixture installation. Garage was never insulated. Just drywalled. Literally no insulation. Causes issues with water lines in the cold weather. Rooms above the garage have not been insulated well due to the garage. Fought 8 months to have HVAC unit replaced. Installed a smaller unit, but passed off the warranty and instruction books as a larger unit. Then argued when I proved them wrong. Siding is wavy. Looks like someone beat it into place. Every handle on every door has fallen off over the year. Tension screws were never tightened. Not one exterior door seals, either crooked or misaligned. Kitchen cabinets were hung improperly.

There are 97 holes in the walls above the cabinets, proving they have no idea how to hang cabinets or where the studs are. Took 7 months to have them come back and finish painting. 1 coat of contractor white is all they sprayed, and they sprayed it everywhere. Had to pay a second paint team to finish the job. The interior doors are bent, probably from being left out in the weather for the 3+ months. They spent building 16 houses on my street at one time. The crews that build don’t speak English, don’t want to talk to you, and will not show up on time ever. When they do show up they park on the curb/grass and leave their mess when they are finished.

No professionalism or courtesy. One team used my garbage can to clean out their truck. The can was on the side of my house! Trash littered up my driveway and around my yard. Complete disrespect. Whenever you call them they place you on hold, pass you around, don’t call you back, or say it’s not their fault. Would not recommend to anyone. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. And their product shows all of their faults in about 3-6 months.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I am extremely dissatisfied with Ryan Homes. They cut corners on almost everything they possibly could. My home was built in 2003 so we are unable to get any relief from the builder at this point. However, the things I have discovered are unconscionable. For example, my roof was not constructed entirely of plywood. They cut corners and used OSB in some places. There are several holes where someone stepped through the OSB. SMH! The builders also ran plastic pipes from the sump pump to a wooded area that has caused severe erosion problems over the years when they could used the main sewer line. Who knows what other corners they cut. I will never purchase another home from Ryan Homes.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We have several things go wrong right from the start. We loved the location and neighborhood so we overlooked a lot of things in the beginning. The project manager was a jerk. Three car garage... He was going to put a two car driveway with a slant to the third and told us that was code and nothing he could do about it. Front elevation was not what we signed our names to and he said it wasn't even though the saleswoman had a paper with a picture and our signature on it. It had a plumbing leak from the tankless hot water heater all weekend long the week before we closed.

We struggled with them to replace the wood flooring and soaked sub-floor. Drywall a year later had nail pops where moisture was in the drywall and dried by dehumidifier. We had a crew come fix all nail holes but it still is terrible with cracks in walls. Door jam has black mold on inside. Floor upstairs squeaks. They tried four times to fix but still squeaks. Gaps in mortar in bricks. Vinyl siding is wavy. My email ** if you have any more questions about Ryan Homes.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We made the terrible mistake of buying a new Yorkshire Ryan Home in the Lederach Golf Club in Harleysville PA back in 2005. The young man who was our building contractor was as unethical as anyone I have ever met, lying to us numerous times. He literally made our lives miserable for the first few years living here as we had to resort to dealing with the VP of the company to get things resolved over a period of 18 months. Our punch list was 7 pages long the day we moved in. Drops of white paint all over the hardwood floors, doors hung backwards, cracked medicine cabinet, bent electrical panel, microwave with a huge dent in the bottom, holes in the wallboard inside closets, hundreds of indentations and sloppy sparkling on the wall, uneven floorboards and Ryan stripped the land of all top soil putting grass seed on clay and calling that a "yard".

13 years later the misery lives on. We have had to replace one of two AC compressors, replace the propane gas fired furnace, replace the microwave, the dishwasher, several hardwood floorboards and entire front door and frame to eliminate the terrible drafts and had landscapers redo the yard. To make matters worse, my wife wanted an "all siding exterior". Ryan told us we HAD to have have a stone facade around the front door. Initially, when the siding people came they put up siding everywhere except around the front door which was left bare for the stone mason. I told the bldg. mgr we wanted siding everywhere. He finally complied and the following week, the entire house had siding.

A week later, I returned to see that the siding around the door had been taken down and replaced with stone. The house cosmetically is beautiful, but like so much in today's image-driven culture, the underneath foundation of the house was horrible - they cut corners everywhere - low-grade windows, no lights in closets, cheap crap shelving and every appliance was the cheapest grade available. We have, by spending over $100,000, made the home very nice by installing proper appliances, having carpenters in to fix all the problems and replaced the cheap 8-foot wide aluminum garage doors with high r-value 9 footers and adding a screen porch.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We built our custom house in May 2014 with over 30 upgrades, this was our dream home. Will never use Ryan Homes again for anything. They do not stand by any of their work. They accidentally dug up our driveway when excavating the lot beside ours due to the house being too big for the lot. When they dug it up they dug up our water line, sprinkler line, electrical line, collapsed our driveway and knocked our retaining wall down. After numerous complaints and phone calls they finally came out and fixed THEIR damage which less than a year later has started to sink again and the retaining wall is cracking from the shoddy work they did. Now every wall in our house where the crown molding is has huge cracks, nails have popped out in all of the rooms, we have mold in our bathrooms and the driveway is still sinking. Have called several times and were told "oh well not our problem". Would not recommend them to build a doghouse!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We moved in at the end of July 2018, we have had issues and complaints since day one...and even before that. The first issue we had was while we were building. We were given a settlement date of mid June and therefore put our home we were in at the time on the market and made sure that the interested buyers knew that it was going to be mid June or nothing. I ended up calling our loan company to make sure that if I were to change jobs at that time everything was fine... Well that is when I found out our settlement date was the end on July... No one had called us to inform us and I don't think they would have had I not found out on my own. We had already had offers and then had to change everything around on the current home. (Luck our agent is amazing.)

We had more bumps in the road between everything but I'll just hit the main issues or we will be here forever! The day we move in, our basement window started leaking and ended up flooding our basement...turns out the window wasn't sealed properly, and the window well wasn't bolted to the wall so water came pouring in. (Faulty construction and they even admitted it.) Our new finished basement was now soaked and being torn up for the 1st time. One wall had to have the drywall completely replaced and the whole carpet in the basement replaced as well. Our basement was torn up for the first two weeks of us living here. I still don't think the window is fixed 100% but they say it's the way it should be.

At that time we also found out that the house had been treated for mold before we bought/settled. We were not informed about this at all. About a month later we see black mold on the ceiling of the basement in a few different places. So at this point our basement is being torn up for the 2nd time in less than 3 month of us living here. Come to find out the mold that we found wasn't even related to the water leaking issue...so here is the second faulty construction issue in our NEW HOME. We ended up getting a 3rd party company to come and address the mold issue because our confidence we completely gone at this point. There was another issue as to how Ryan Homes wanted to fix the mold issue compare to what the company said should be done. I don't think Ryan Homes knows how to fix mold issues and should not even try. They should have gotten someone from the start that specializes in mold.

This is our home... This is where we live and breathe and want to start a family. Who can start a family in a house that has had mold twice now within the first 5 month of it even being a home. We have had other issues but nothing as big as what I have just talked about. Things like feeling air coming through a few of our windows, or the walls being thinner than our last home that was over 30 years old...for as much as we paid and were told that this would be a tightly sealed home and much less noise because it's new and this and that, I can't explain how much we are disappointed and really don't want to be here anymore.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

What a terrible experience from start to finish (and beyond)!! It’s been over 3 months since we moved in (a month late) and we still haven’t had our punch list completed! Back up though- 4 days after we moved in the builder behind our trees started knocking them all down. We filed a cease and desist. The surveyor came out only to discover our lot was .12 acres smaller than we were sold!! So much for the lot premium we paid for to find out Ryan Homes falsely advertised and didn’t protect the trees they were selling us.

Our sales consultant repeatedly misspoke (and I have 223 saved text messages for proof) yet Ryan Homes won’t support anything because it wasn’t on my “contract” - yet I have it in writing via text. They fired the sales consultant halfway through our build - so you know - that fixed the problem???‍♀️. How about Ryan Homes make things right with your customers who just dropped $358,000 on a home bought from you!?!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The builder provides a 1 year warranty on their construction. They will come to fix any nail pops or settling damage that happens in the first year. After that, you will need to bug them. I was lucky because they were still building in the community and they didn't want us talking to potential buyers. Their contractors were extremely helpful. However, they could only help us with no charge if Ryan Homes accepted the customer service request. Now, 3 years later, they will not assist me with any of the damage that continues to happen due to crappy craftsmanship.

All of the nail pops that were fixed have popped out again. The ceiling is separating from the walls and drywall is cracking and falling constantly. I will need to hire a contractor to come and fix all of the cracks and holes in my ceiling and in my walls. It's horrendous to have this much expense on a newly constructed home. I even pointed out to the project manager about a wall that was bowed and he said that there was nothing to be done. That is just unacceptable. There are smaller issues like electrical wall plates that are crooked. Toilet holder in the master bathroom is crooked. The first floor stairs trim is coming apart from the wall. It's a disgrace. I would never recommend this builder. They build cheap and fast...and that's what you get.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Build the house in Dec 2017. Has so many problems already: first: irrigation system was half done, has to hire separate contractors to finish them up, Dryer air Vac was not connected, my crawlspace and the whole house has been smelling fungus. Contacted Ryan Homes five times and till today nothing has been done, I'm planning to hire a plumber to get it fixed. Paints and hardwood floor that I paid a lot of money are all peeling off. Walls are cracking all over. Contacted them, receptionist took my name and no one called back. Worst and terrible experience. Not recommended to anyone to use Ryan Homes. Big rip off.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We have lived in our home for 2 years. It was built in 2014. We have had nothing but problems since taking ownership. We had a melted wire going into our fuse box, our furnace constantly goes out. We have had an HVAC company out three times. They told us the furnace was never installed properly. It is STILL not fixed. We have had a plumber out three times for leaking pipes, etc. The walls have cracked and are so thin that when we hang even light items on the walls, they immediately fall off. If we use the ice maker in the kitchen, the TV goes fuzzy. When my neighbor uses her icemaker, a fuse blows. EVERYONE in our development has experienced problems as well. And then issues we are all having are not minor issues. Ryan Homes has not fixed any of the problems. I will NEVER purchase a Ryan Home again. They are cheaply constructed and many shortcuts are taken. Unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We had a terrible experience with Ryan Homes from the beginning. We should have taken the issues while laying out the house as a sign. After we closed we had several issues that they "fixed" which all have come back. Here are just some examples; we upgraded to hardwood. Cheap floors and they are cracking and chipping. Going to have to refinish in the next year. Microwave they installed incorrectly and luckily didn't have a fire but had to replace at our cost after 1 year. Water comes in back door. Drywall work is terrible. Completely uneven around outlets. Caulking is cracking around all baseboards. The overall quality is horrible. Makes me said we invest our life savings into something and they don't care if they sell you crap.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

After not quite five years our foundations metal crawl space entry door and frame has rotted out along with the bolts that hold it in place. Ryan refuses to be accountable for using an inferior product.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We signed our first home with Ryan homes Naples Model in July 2018 and now as they just started digging and started foundation, we realized that have dishwasher on the left side of sink which is very uncomfortable for the person who is right handed, and it goes worst in my case as I had stroke 3 months back and my left side is still not recovered. And we explained this issue to them and asked to swap dishwasher to the right of sink which is not at all a big deal when house is still just on the digging stage. To my surprise they responded to our request 'We cannot change the layout of the kitchen island/dishwasher placement. The cabinet layout comes standard, and neither Phil nor I can change that.' I am feeling like did we take right decision to sign house with them? Common we are not buying grocery, we are getting a home where we gonna live forever.

Ryan Homes Company Information