1.24/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

195 Ryan Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I am extremely dissatisfied with Ryan Homes. They cut corners on almost everything they possibly could. My home was built in 2003 so we are unable to get any relief from the builder at this point. However, the things I have discovered are unconscionable. For example, my roof was not constructed entirely of plywood. They cut corners and used OSB in some places. There are several holes where someone stepped through the OSB. SMH! The builders also ran plastic pipes from the sump pump to a wooded area that has caused severe erosion problems over the years when they could used the main sewer line. Who knows what other corners they cut. I will never purchase another home from Ryan Homes.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We have several things go wrong right from the start. We loved the location and neighborhood so we overlooked a lot of things in the beginning. The project manager was a jerk. Three car garage... He was going to put a two car driveway with a slant to the third and told us that was code and nothing he could do about it. Front elevation was not what we signed our names to and he said it wasn't even though the saleswoman had a paper with a picture and our signature on it. It had a plumbing leak from the tankless hot water heater all weekend long the week before we closed.

We struggled with them to replace the wood flooring and soaked sub-floor. Drywall a year later had nail pops where moisture was in the drywall and dried by dehumidifier. We had a crew come fix all nail holes but it still is terrible with cracks in walls. Door jam has black mold on inside. Floor upstairs squeaks. They tried four times to fix but still squeaks. Gaps in mortar in bricks. Vinyl siding is wavy. My email ** if you have any more questions about Ryan Homes.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We made the terrible mistake of buying a new Yorkshire Ryan Home in the Lederach Golf Club in Harleysville PA back in 2005. The young man who was our building contractor was as unethical as anyone I have ever met, lying to us numerous times. He literally made our lives miserable for the first few years living here as we had to resort to dealing with the VP of the company to get things resolved over a period of 18 months. Our punch list was 7 pages long the day we moved in. Drops of white paint all over the hardwood floors, doors hung backwards, cracked medicine cabinet, bent electrical panel, microwave with a huge dent in the bottom, holes in the wallboard inside closets, hundreds of indentations and sloppy sparkling on the wall, uneven floorboards and Ryan stripped the land of all top soil putting grass seed on clay and calling that a "yard".

13 years later the misery lives on. We have had to replace one of two AC compressors, replace the propane gas fired furnace, replace the microwave, the dishwasher, several hardwood floorboards and entire front door and frame to eliminate the terrible drafts and had landscapers redo the yard. To make matters worse, my wife wanted an "all siding exterior". Ryan told us we HAD to have have a stone facade around the front door. Initially, when the siding people came they put up siding everywhere except around the front door which was left bare for the stone mason. I told the bldg. mgr we wanted siding everywhere. He finally complied and the following week, the entire house had siding.

A week later, I returned to see that the siding around the door had been taken down and replaced with stone. The house cosmetically is beautiful, but like so much in today's image-driven culture, the underneath foundation of the house was horrible - they cut corners everywhere - low-grade windows, no lights in closets, cheap crap shelving and every appliance was the cheapest grade available. We have, by spending over $100,000, made the home very nice by installing proper appliances, having carpenters in to fix all the problems and replaced the cheap 8-foot wide aluminum garage doors with high r-value 9 footers and adding a screen porch.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

We built our custom house in May 2014 with over 30 upgrades, this was our dream home. Will never use Ryan Homes again for anything. They do not stand by any of their work. They accidentally dug up our driveway when excavating the lot beside ours due to the house being too big for the lot. When they dug it up they dug up our water line, sprinkler line, electrical line, collapsed our driveway and knocked our retaining wall down. After numerous complaints and phone calls they finally came out and fixed THEIR damage which less than a year later has started to sink again and the retaining wall is cracking from the shoddy work they did. Now every wall in our house where the crown molding is has huge cracks, nails have popped out in all of the rooms, we have mold in our bathrooms and the driveway is still sinking. Have called several times and were told "oh well not our problem". Would not recommend them to build a doghouse!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

We moved in at the end of July 2018, we have had issues and complaints since day one...and even before that. The first issue we had was while we were building. We were given a settlement date of mid June and therefore put our home we were in at the time on the market and made sure that the interested buyers knew that it was going to be mid June or nothing. I ended up calling our loan company to make sure that if I were to change jobs at that time everything was fine... Well that is when I found out our settlement date was the end on July... No one had called us to inform us and I don't think they would have had I not found out on my own. We had already had offers and then had to change everything around on the current home. (Luck our agent is amazing.)

We had more bumps in the road between everything but I'll just hit the main issues or we will be here forever! The day we move in, our basement window started leaking and ended up flooding our basement...turns out the window wasn't sealed properly, and the window well wasn't bolted to the wall so water came pouring in. (Faulty construction and they even admitted it.) Our new finished basement was now soaked and being torn up for the 1st time. One wall had to have the drywall completely replaced and the whole carpet in the basement replaced as well. Our basement was torn up for the first two weeks of us living here. I still don't think the window is fixed 100% but they say it's the way it should be.

At that time we also found out that the house had been treated for mold before we bought/settled. We were not informed about this at all. About a month later we see black mold on the ceiling of the basement in a few different places. So at this point our basement is being torn up for the 2nd time in less than 3 month of us living here. Come to find out the mold that we found wasn't even related to the water leaking issue...so here is the second faulty construction issue in our NEW HOME. We ended up getting a 3rd party company to come and address the mold issue because our confidence we completely gone at this point. There was another issue as to how Ryan Homes wanted to fix the mold issue compare to what the company said should be done. I don't think Ryan Homes knows how to fix mold issues and should not even try. They should have gotten someone from the start that specializes in mold.

This is our home... This is where we live and breathe and want to start a family. Who can start a family in a house that has had mold twice now within the first 5 month of it even being a home. We have had other issues but nothing as big as what I have just talked about. Things like feeling air coming through a few of our windows, or the walls being thinner than our last home that was over 30 years old...for as much as we paid and were told that this would be a tightly sealed home and much less noise because it's new and this and that, I can't explain how much we are disappointed and really don't want to be here anymore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

What a terrible experience from start to finish (and beyond)!! It’s been over 3 months since we moved in (a month late) and we still haven’t had our punch list completed! Back up though- 4 days after we moved in the builder behind our trees started knocking them all down. We filed a cease and desist. The surveyor came out only to discover our lot was .12 acres smaller than we were sold!! So much for the lot premium we paid for to find out Ryan Homes falsely advertised and didn’t protect the trees they were selling us.

Our sales consultant repeatedly misspoke (and I have 223 saved text messages for proof) yet Ryan Homes won’t support anything because it wasn’t on my “contract” - yet I have it in writing via text. They fired the sales consultant halfway through our build - so you know - that fixed the problem???‍♀️. How about Ryan Homes make things right with your customers who just dropped $358,000 on a home bought from you!?!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

The builder provides a 1 year warranty on their construction. They will come to fix any nail pops or settling damage that happens in the first year. After that, you will need to bug them. I was lucky because they were still building in the community and they didn't want us talking to potential buyers. Their contractors were extremely helpful. However, they could only help us with no charge if Ryan Homes accepted the customer service request. Now, 3 years later, they will not assist me with any of the damage that continues to happen due to crappy craftsmanship.

All of the nail pops that were fixed have popped out again. The ceiling is separating from the walls and drywall is cracking and falling constantly. I will need to hire a contractor to come and fix all of the cracks and holes in my ceiling and in my walls. It's horrendous to have this much expense on a newly constructed home. I even pointed out to the project manager about a wall that was bowed and he said that there was nothing to be done. That is just unacceptable. There are smaller issues like electrical wall plates that are crooked. Toilet holder in the master bathroom is crooked. The first floor stairs trim is coming apart from the wall. It's a disgrace. I would never recommend this builder. They build cheap and fast...and that's what you get.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Build the house in Dec 2017. Has so many problems already: first: irrigation system was half done, has to hire separate contractors to finish them up, Dryer air Vac was not connected, my crawlspace and the whole house has been smelling fungus. Contacted Ryan Homes five times and till today nothing has been done, I'm planning to hire a plumber to get it fixed. Paints and hardwood floor that I paid a lot of money are all peeling off. Walls are cracking all over. Contacted them, receptionist took my name and no one called back. Worst and terrible experience. Not recommended to anyone to use Ryan Homes. Big rip off.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We have lived in our home for 2 years. It was built in 2014. We have had nothing but problems since taking ownership. We had a melted wire going into our fuse box, our furnace constantly goes out. We have had an HVAC company out three times. They told us the furnace was never installed properly. It is STILL not fixed. We have had a plumber out three times for leaking pipes, etc. The walls have cracked and are so thin that when we hang even light items on the walls, they immediately fall off. If we use the ice maker in the kitchen, the TV goes fuzzy. When my neighbor uses her icemaker, a fuse blows. EVERYONE in our development has experienced problems as well. And then issues we are all having are not minor issues. Ryan Homes has not fixed any of the problems. I will NEVER purchase a Ryan Home again. They are cheaply constructed and many shortcuts are taken. Unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We had a terrible experience with Ryan Homes from the beginning. We should have taken the issues while laying out the house as a sign. After we closed we had several issues that they "fixed" which all have come back. Here are just some examples; we upgraded to hardwood. Cheap floors and they are cracking and chipping. Going to have to refinish in the next year. Microwave they installed incorrectly and luckily didn't have a fire but had to replace at our cost after 1 year. Water comes in back door. Drywall work is terrible. Completely uneven around outlets. Caulking is cracking around all baseboards. The overall quality is horrible. Makes me said we invest our life savings into something and they don't care if they sell you crap.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

After not quite five years our foundations metal crawl space entry door and frame has rotted out along with the bolts that hold it in place. Ryan refuses to be accountable for using an inferior product.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We signed our first home with Ryan homes Naples Model in July 2018 and now as they just started digging and started foundation, we realized that have dishwasher on the left side of sink which is very uncomfortable for the person who is right handed, and it goes worst in my case as I had stroke 3 months back and my left side is still not recovered. And we explained this issue to them and asked to swap dishwasher to the right of sink which is not at all a big deal when house is still just on the digging stage. To my surprise they responded to our request 'We cannot change the layout of the kitchen island/dishwasher placement. The cabinet layout comes standard, and neither Phil nor I can change that.' I am feeling like did we take right decision to sign house with them? Common we are not buying grocery, we are getting a home where we gonna live forever.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Purchasing a home from Ryan Homes is a nightmare. After we moved in last October, we have experienced two leaks in the finished basement. The first leak was due to a leaking valve to the bath tub, damaging the drywall. The second leak occurred about 6 months after moving in. The main waterline leaked this time damaging the carpet and the drywall. We upgraded the whole first floor to hardwood, however, they used low quality hardwood, workmanship was extremely low, many pieces were chipped off, large scratches, dents... just name some. Master bedroom with very visible seam (of clearly two different quality of carpets), master bathroom shower base has cracked, backyard was not graded right so that water accumulated after rain.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Looking at all of the negative reviews, we almost didn’t build with Ryan. I checked with several builders and project managers that I knew in the area and they told me that they hadn’t heard anything negative about them, so we decided to take a leap of faith. We are so glad we did. Everyone from the Sales team to the Project Manager to the mortgage team was fantastic. I honestly can’t say enough about them. I realize that this may be very regional and one office may not be as good as another. However, I can attest that Midlothian, VA area team was fantastic and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I know most people that come on here have had bad experiences and I feel really bad for them, as I couldn’t imagine the nightmare that must be. But I wanted people out there to know that there are those of us who truly enjoyed the experience and can’t say enough about the people we personally worked with at Ryan Homes.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The pictures I attached are a small example of the issues I have had with the drywall in my home. We had Ryan out several times during the first year to fix these issues and they supposedly sent their "experts" out each time. Well their experts still need to go to school. I have spent over $9,000 to fix these issues and because of issues with the structure they keep coming back. Ryan indicates this is not structural and they won't cover repairs. My last resort is to replace drywall where this is occurring. If you are thinking about purchasing a home from this builder, RUN, do not even engage in conversation because they are liars. They just take your money and run.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have been living a nightmare under Ryan Homes since I moved. Their subcontractors have blocked my driveway every day since I moved in December 2017. It started because my mother asked a street cleaner Dean ** to move a large piece of equipment in my driveway. He was rude and demeaning to her. Finally after a month of them blocking me I had it and asked him to move back so I could leave my house. He refused. He said I'm not a Christian and that I'm dumb and that if I would go to church I wouldn't be allowed by God. I have the 7 minute argument all on film along with a hundred pictures.

Literally. He told me that Ryan Homes told him to block me and that the Sheriff in the neighborhood and the cops are in their pocket and that the State Trooper (ie my Neighbor) wants me out of his neighborhood. He told me he won't back his street sweeper for me because it is dirty there. I have a video where him and an employee from Suffern are talking about kicking my **. And I was filming them to their faces and they didn't care. He told me Ryan Homes is a multi-billion dollar company and good luck to take them on. I figured to avoid confrontation I would pull my car to the curb. The bald guy YGD called the State Trooper and waited 30 minutes knocking on my door until a local cop came and gave me a ticket for being 12" off the curb and I was parked on my driveway anyways. Ridiculous.

I am completely isolated here! I have had the police at my house 7 times. I had a bald angry man (2nd encounter of YGD landscaping employee/owner) follow me to my house, get out of his truck and threaten me at my doorstep. He told me I don't want any of him because he knew somehow that I have a bad back. I can only blame this information being relayed by Jordan **. Once again I have pictures and films. The bald guy has MMC land management and its employees several times have had them drive to my house at 10 at night and pull into my driveway. They will leave equipment to directly block me and leave it for 21 days like last time. No one else is being treated this way. I have begged Ryan Homes supervisor Jordan ** (Who begged me daily for a "10" and he never replied nor helped) and Brad of Pittsburgh Ryan Homes, Marion Estates.

I called corporate and was told though! He told me they don't have a police force or army. NO KIDDING. But they do own that property and they are still subcontracting. Someone has to take accountability. It has got so bad that I must hire a detective for personal protection as I have been followed leaving my house and threatened at Gas Stations and forced off the road. And when I take the picture it is of a Ryan Homes sub contractor. I have all the pics and videos including a video where the cops are there and the bald jerk was taunting me in front of the cop telling me I'm not a man and harassing me, while the cop was there. While a cop was there.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Great Location & layouts But that's where it all ends!! Didn't even ever guessed in my dreams that a nationally presented builder can build such a below quality homes!! Not only they are build in Bad Quality but are even higher than the normal market price. We bought our home in March 2018 for almost 700k & from the very 1st day it has been only & only a horribly bad experiences!! The way Ryan Homes deal with it is as if they did us a favor by building the house for us which they charged us almost $700k. We have been told that they really can't do much as the house looks fine & was delivered as per their designs.

The issues are with Rattling Windows, Squeaking Floors, Improper Doors installations, Very Thin Walls (we can hear everything while sitting in the family room or any other room for the matter of fact what the kids/family is talking/walking in their rooms on the 2nd level or vise-versa). The paint job is so pathetic that it’s flashing everywhere in the house. The Hardwood Floor stays uneven & very noisy. The design flaws are just overlooked by saying that it looks nice esthetically!!

The prefabricated kitchen/bathroom cabinets doors stay chipping color. Every woodwork has rough edges & improper finishing. Wooden beading in Kitchen fell twice & once it fell on my wife's head while she was cooking!! The service calls take more than 20 days to be attended & even when they come to fix it, they take at least 3-4 times to fix the issues completely.

Don’t buy with Ryan Homes at Bentley Park at all!! SAVE YOUR MONEY & TIME, look elsewhere!! I was warned by a friend of mine who had bought a house from Ryan Homes in Virginia and he too faced similar issues, which got so bad that he ended up selling it. I wish I would have heard him & not bought this Horribly build crap for almost $700k.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Moved in home Dec. 2017. Project Manager was very communicative in regards to home needs. It seems after he "assisted" me in filling out the survey, he is does not follow through, just ignores texts (left unread) or responds to appease with no action. One of the issues is the landscaping that was done in June (during high winds). Rockhounding was less to be desired at the least and seed and hay did not take in most areas due the wind that we had at this time. I along with 2 other neighbors have complained to no avail, not to mention the weeds...UGH.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Ryan Homes only cares about you before your closing date. I settled on my home in May. It’s been one thing after another since then. The siding color is not what I was told it would be (it was supposed to match the model home, but the model home didn’t have the correct color that was listed on the plans). They admitted to the error as being their fault, and drag their feet dealing with the issue. My pre-settlement walkthrough was the morning of closing because I was moving from out of town. I should have canceled closing when I noticed the error, but I was desperate. Settlement had already been pushed back once because of the electric company not being finished with their installs. This meant I had to re-lock into my mortgage rate with NVR, which of course was higher because my 90 day lock expired. I figured in the grand scheme of things, none of it was a biggie. Then I started having plumbing problems.

After 6 visits in 6 weeks (and staying home from work), they finally figured out I had a pipe under my kitchen floor that was cracked. So, another day home from work for them to jackhammer my floor up. The person doing the concrete repairs mixed the concrete in the house. There were no barriers put up beforehand as I was told there would be. I had dust throughout my house and all over my new furniture. They patched the vinyl floor because after weeks of pleading with them to offer a credit of some sort for the siding error they finally agreed to a partial flooring upgrade. It’s been going on a month since the flooring was supposedly ordered. They were supposed to call me two weeks ago to set up installation. I can’t get anyone to respond to my emails or request for calls. I expressed my concerns and had zero response. Crickets.

Additionally, I have tried to reach someone from the acting HOA and have had no such luck. The neighborhood looks like crap. The weeds are out of control, the trash enclosure is disgusting (I wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up with rats), you are supposed to get approval for a patio but only the good Lord knows where it gets submitted. They don’t care. I will probably never get my flooring upgrade and I’ll be stuck with the crappy patch job of the cheap vinyl flooring.

The drywall and painting looks like an amateur did it. I’ve already had them out once to fix the multiple places I had already noticed. They gave us about a 12 x 12 step out of our back door...geez, thanks. I told them it looks like scratches were on my countertop and they just disagreed with me. I had a sinkhole at my front walkway that my niece stepped into. It took them multiple reminders to fix it. My neighbor now has one too. It’s quite scary. If this is how it is 3 months in, how will it be a year from now??? Chalk this one up to lesson learned!!! They do not care. Period.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Our two slide glass doors leak water into our home every time it rains. We are not able to control the moisture because they were installed improperly. Mold is starting to grow, our windows and furniture are always wet and Ryan claims not to be at fault. I've reported this multiple times and was told it was due to the weather not the doors.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Just 2 months past my 1 year mark. Hot water heater out. Was informed my warranty is over and 3 days later my HVAC system is out. This is so bad for a home only a year old. Just say no to Ryan Homes!! Stay away!!

Original review: July 23, 2018

Ryan builders damage my sprinkler system while building their new home next to my. And after informed them about it. They told me that they will replace it within a few days. But it has been over two weeks and nothing been done. Meanwhile my water bill is three times then normal no one from Ryan returning my calls. Ignorant and irresponsible RYAN HOMES. If they are acting that way towards neighbors, just imagine how their homes are build. STAY AWAY FROM RYAN HOMES.

Original review: July 11, 2018

August 2016 we thought we were building a beautiful home. Ever since we closed we have had one problem after another. It started with the lights on the garage falling off, then the garage door not working. Then major things started happening. Our driveway sunk, sink in basement wouldn’t drain (cement was in the pipe), cap was left off sewer so we had a sewer flood, promised to fill in sinking backyard - never happened, trim not even nailed on, etc. It has now been almost 2 years and we now have a crack on our basement wall and water is seeping in and our water heater doesn’t work AND Ryan Homes will not fix because they only have a one year warranty. I would never buy a Ryan Home again!

Original review: June 13, 2018

We decided to build a home with Ryan Homes in North Huntingdon, PA in the Fall 2017. The first meeting they get you all excited and tell you how customized they are and how they are all about customer service and great products. LIES. Once we signed our contract and picked out our lot, it was downhill from there. The salesperson Ashley says it's "customizable" but it isn't. We wanted a specific color for our home and we have 3 "color schemes" to pick from. She has told us in our first meeting there's 30+ color schemes but we had 3. We were told our shower upgrade was going to cost 3,000 or whatever it was. They forget to tell you that price isn't going to get you what they showed you at the beginning. We had to spend thousands more to get to what we thought the upgrade was. Awful. Then the flooring was a whole other thing. You will be spending a pretty penny if you don't want 1970 vinyl flooring.

Basically everything Ashley said in the first meeting was crap. Then the house starts to be build and you really see how poor quality everything is. We found issues the day we moved in. The paint on the walls is more of a primer so your walls will mark and scuff the second you touch them. Have fun trying to get a yard, it's been months and we still haven't had topsoil and grass seed to be put in. It is a poorly run building process and a terrible sales staff with crap finished products. Our neighbor's roof was leaking so bad it caved in... Building a brand new home should mean no home issues but we have no yard, cracked sidewalks, a crap looking driveway, a broken dishwasher, and no one has done anything about it. Go to a different home builder. They push this survey and tell you to give them a great score on everything while you have a broken dishwasher that still needs fixed. I promise you will regret Ryan Homes.

Original review: May 18, 2018

When we purchased our home we decided to pay the extra cost (was not cheap) to have our backyard sodded. Several of the people in our neighborhood had advised us against this, they said Ryan Homes used low grade, cheap sod. Unfortunately we went ahead and did it anyway. We closed and moved in January. The sod was of course dormant. With the coming of Spring it was still "dormant". Dead is more like it. The only thing growing out of the dead sod was an abundance of crabgrass and weeds.

We contacted Brandon of Ryan Homes and after 3 attempts to get a return call he finally came out. His answer, "sod does not have a warranty". Ok I get that but the sod is dead, it was never alive. We paid a considerable amount for dead sod. That is very shady business. I would understand it if the sod had turned green and we neglected it but it never rooted, never turned green... just dead. So now we have to pay all over again to get quality sod. I wish had listened to the people who told me that Ryan Homes uses cheap, inferior materials. Such a disappointment.

As someone else said in a previous review. They are wonderful when you are building but as soon as you sign the papers, move in and start discovering the many issues, they are done with you. They do not stand behind their work. Also, don’t get the hardwood floors, we are having major issues there as well and since those are under warranty we are attempting to resolve that. 3 months so far on floors and again nothing has been done. My advice would be to use a more professional builder that stands behind their name and work. Very disappointed in Ryan Homes.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My house has recently experienced a major issue with the footer drain around the foundation; after just 11 years living in it. My sump pump had to be replaced and extensive excavation has been carried out to discover the cause. Well, come to find out that the footer drain pipes were not installed correctly during construction (verified by a professional, licensed plumbing Co.) and that the sump pump discharge pipe was laid pitching IN towards the foundation wall, at a pitch DOWNWARD! There was also NO BACKFILL of gravel laid around the drain pipes?! So I'm currently trying to resolve this problem; while my yard has been destroyed by a Bobcat digger (new landscaping will be needed! ); and when Ryan Homes were called their attitude is (of course) "stuff happens", and "oh well".

Their attitude is appalling to say the least. Corporate puppet on the phone was practically taunting us into doing something legally. He stated "do what you have to do". Goodness knows what other issues will surface in the coming years? Who knows but it will re-occur in another area of the foundation! The entire property was never graded correctly; and I have no idea how Painesville City "inspectors" (that's a joke) ever signed off on this shoddy work (property tax greed I'll bet). I'm quite sure I won't be the only house with these same issues in the Liberty Greens community; as all the other homes were probably built just as badly. What can one expect I guess from a system that slaps up a home in 3 months? We were pure novices when we bought this home in 2006; and if we could go back we'd run for the hills away from Ryan Homes!

You people with positive reviews can say whatever you like. You're the lucky ones. Your contractors probably gave a crap about their work. Ours DIDN'T; and we're paying the price for that 11 years later before our basement floods! We're not going to just lie down and let this go. Plenty construction defect lawyers out there will take this case. STAY AWAY FROM RYAN HOMES!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Read the negative reviews and believe them! Their customer service stinks!! Enough said.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I built my home in 2010. I love my home but in this time I have had to get my AC unit filled in 2012 & 2018. I had a foundation crack in 2011 that was fixed and now I have another crack and water is coming in. I called about 3 days ago and no one has contacted me. At this point it is raining and water is coming in. I want to know how many other foundation issues there are out there and how Ryan Homes is responding. First, the few telephone numbers I had did not work. Crazy but I am not happy with this issue right now. Has Ryan Homes been sued by anyone on this? I guess I should do some more research. I just want my home fixed.

Original review: May 16, 2018

If I could rate Ryan homes -0 I would. When I went to look at the model Matisse condo it was sold like a dream house. I specifically asked about the sound barrier between the two condos and I was told word for word “I haven’t encountered any complaints but here’s what the sound barrier looks like.” He pulled out sample of the sound barrier made of cement and sound barrier coating front and back of the cement. He talked about the construction of the home and it’s not built like most. I expressed again my concern with floor noise because this type of “floor walking noise” really bothered me.

The Ryan Rep assured me that there wasn’t going to be a problem. Once I moved in the repair items started adding up. One of those concerns was the noise between the floors of the piggyback condo. The PM told me that I was hearing the noise because the neighbor didn’t have any furniture for the noise to bounce off. That should have been my red flag right there. Also, I’ve complained countless times about the AC not cooling upstairs. My bill in April was $209.00. They couldn’t find anything wrong and told me to close the vents on lower level to push air upstairs.

I complained again and when a tech checked it yesterday it was 2.3 low on Freon. Why couldn’t this have been tested and diagnosed the last few times the HVAC came out? I feel that Ryan home told me anything to sell this condo and get the row of condos on a build schedule. Deceitful on their end and I’m not sure how they get away with it. I would advise anyone against from buying a Ryan home. A sale is just a sale to them and then they move on looking for their next victim. All $$$$ to them and making their fat bonus check. No care or worry for the consumer. This was my first home buying experience and I’m truly disappointed. It’s suppose to be a great experience and that it was not!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Our new home was supposed to be finished by Nov 11, 2017. Was not finished until 12-22-2017. The delay was not weather related, all the loan paperwork was done and everything was approved by 08-10-2017. We were told 90 days or less they were close but no cigar. We get moved 12-23-2017 and then the fun started. Just a little thing like garbage disposal quit working, no screen door on the sliding patio doors (was told, "We do not install them because they are junk, we throw them in dumpster"). We had a warm spell in Feb and then it turned cold and snowed again and I am cleaning off the front porch stoop and there is sand on the stoop. Come to find out the concrete froze after being poured and now the stoop is thawing and falling apart.

We have about a dozen shingles gone off the back side of the roof. We have had about 6 weeks of warm weather now and we are still waiting on final grade to be done to the yard and sod put down. We have downspouts laid across the sidewalks that still need to be buried, stair rails were loose and wobbly (I repaired because I did not want somebody getting hurt). All the exterior trim needs to be painted. We have turned in all the required paperwork about everything that needs repaired and the only thing done is the disposal now works. This is not our first new build but it will be our last one from Ryan Homes. The service department sucks and the corporate office starts dodging your phone calls. This place is nothing more than a high dollar piece of junk.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I give ZERO star on Ryan Homes and NVR Inc. I closed the home a 3 weeks ago. The whole closing process was a joke. So, please stay away from this company. Please be advised that: NVR Mortgage will give you a lower rate and a sign on bonus to make you sign with them. After you have signed with them, three weeks prior to the closing, they will increase the interest rate at least 0.75% above the market, and they ask you to pay for the points to bring the interest rate down. So, please use your own mortgage company, or sign with NVR with a crazy rate and take the incentive to refinance with a different mortgage company.

Do not enter into a contract without asking for incentive if you don’t have your own realtor with you. The sales office will need to pay 3% to your realtor. Or, ask them to pay the 3% to you if you don’t use one. Please be mindful that whatever you have seem in the Ryan Homes' model house, the standard of the finishing product is at least 50% lower than the model house. There is no quality control. When I found issue, they said, “I can’t catch all the mistakes,” or “It is covered under Warranty, you don’t have to worry about it.” In the end, nothing get fixed. So, do NOT have a high expectation of your home, or you will be disappointed, just like I am. We found leaking from the roof into my drywall. I saw paint pilled out from the wall. They said they will check. It is been three weeks, it is still in process to check!

It is recommended to not close until they fixed all of your issues. I demanded them to fix all of my issues prior to the closing. Instead, Ryan Homes was threatening me if I don’t close on the closing day, they are going to charge me 1% of the penalty. So, 3 weeks after closing, nothing is fixed. What a joke. Ryan Homes has poor quality control in general. Especially, Ryan Homes has zero quality control on its contractors, at least on TAC. TAC installed our hardwood floor, countertop, cabinet, carpet. They not only damaged the hardwood floor and cabinet, but also installed a two different color carpet in a same room!!! They were hoping that I am color blind and I can’t see the difference.

The hardwood floor. We spent thousands to upgrade the floor. Just FYI, it will be BETTER TO DO THE FLOOR YOURSELF. After the hardwood floor was installed, there was no protection for the floor. Instead, they put all the trash, paint, appliance directly on the floor. When I entered the house, I felt that the floor is at least 5 months old for the new house. I also found that the hardwood floor in the kitchen area was flood by water. The floorboards are damaged. Contacted Ryan Homes, they said that the damaged floorboards were the designed in that way! Ryan Homes said they will replace that piece of board!!! The senior project manager neither admit that they did a good job on the floor nor take responsibly of the issue.

Cabinet. They dent all of my Upgraded Cabinet!!! They even used different paint to touch up lots cabinet and hoped that was okay. I recommend to check your cabinet inch by inch. 10. The countertop. They installed a countertop with a huge dent/, and filled the dent with some product to make it even with DIFFERENT COLOR!!!

If you absolutely have to buy, do your own quality control since Ryan Homes has ZERO quality control. Visit your place at least once a week. Make sure hire your inspector for every stage of the house since Ryan Homes CANNOT BE TRUSTED. DO NOT UPGRADE anything. It will be way much cheaper and better quality if you do it by yourself. Take the closing incentive and refinance with different company.

Ryan Homes Company Information