2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Ryan Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I’m originally from Alabama, moved here for work about two years ago. Of course I’ve been looking for a home for months. I was getting very disappointed with older home layouts, no open floor plan, no storage, needing kitchen upgraded etc. Then I met Bridget and Doug of Ryan homes. They are simply the best! Taking their time explaining, giving me options for a new nearly custom build. Nothing like picking what you want from cabinets, railing, floors, doors etc. Most important they wanted me to be happy as a customer with my investment. From sending me pictures of the process, to just a call asking can I be of help. You can’t ask for a better team. Let them make your home dreams come true. Thanks !!!!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I've purchased 2 Ryan Homes in the last 9 years. Both are located in Maryland. I've had nothing but positive experience with Ryan Homes. I found their warranty, new home construction and people find to deal with, with the exception of sales. We've had to change sales agents because the first one was not fulfilling our wishes. After the sales process, everything was fine. Ryan Homes project managers are truly exceptional. One needs to always keep in mind that they are part of a large corporation, so everyone has a boss. Did we run into problems, yes. But the difference between Ryan home and other new home builders are they're at a work with you to satisfactorily resolved the issue. Did we get everything we want, no. But, in the end everything worked out just fine.

I think they are reasonable, Fair and people with integrity that keep their commitments and fulfill their contracts. They are in mine but I have over 30 years experience in business, with contracts and managing large projects. So my opinion and view is different than most everyone else you will read about. It's because I am not an average homeowner. Behind delivers excellent value and builds a home with integrity and stands behind their product. If they make a mistake, they correct it. What more could a consumer ask for? Nothing in my view.

There are in line that these homes are built by people and people are human. To become truly exceptional Ryan Homes would have to spend a fair amount of money more on their products and finishes oh, but that's not what Ryan Homes builds. They build for the middle class American. If you want a custom home from a private and custom home builder, Ryan Homes is not the one. But if you're a middle-class American looking for a well-built home oh, Ryan Homes beats all the competition in my estimation. Great job Ryan Homes!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I cannot say enough good about Ryan in Delaware. Back in September, we started looking at various communities/contractors for our next home. After much research, inquired what and many meetings we chose a Ryan Homes. Best decision we made. The staff are professional. Knowledgable, courteous, and welcoming. Both our Sales Director - Jen and Project Construction Managers Brad and Matt were/are “straight shooters”. We could not of had a better experience

Any issues/questions we had were promptly handled. Ryan Homes has and continues to make the experience fun and stress-free. We have now been in our home a while and Ryan has gone above and beyond in their commitment to workmanship. The layout, quality, and workmanship is terrific. We and others in our community have had no issues In Ryan standing behind their homes. I do not know what’s going on in other parts of the country but here in Delaware Ryan’s reputation is top-notch. We could not be happier with the quality and experience. Thank you to Brad, Alex, Jen, Matt and the Ryan Team. Highly recommend Ryan Homes.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

The WR salesperson promised me a pool would be included in my new mortgage. To make a long story short it wasn’t. She lied to me. We get close to closing and there’s no pool. She enticed me to buy the house and did not live up to her word. She promised me if there wasn’t a pool she would get my money back. Let this be a lesson to people that want to buy a house without an agent. This salesperson took advantage of me not having an agent. She lied and kept my money. I have emails and witnesses to back up my story and WR still refuses to refund my money. Stay away from those crooked businesses!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Ryan Homes does a lot to get you in the door, to build excitement, and BEFORE you close are very helpful and easy to deal with... but once you sign, you are a nobody. Houses are poorly built. They use the cheapest labor, cheapest material, to maximize profit. All of the sub contractors they use are probably the lowest bidder, which shows in the quality. Landscaping company is a disgrace. My "starter" lawn was not installed at presettlement walk through and "installed" weeks later. They do not use topsoil as that's all stripped and sold off. Smooth over rock and weed "fill dirt" and just spray inadequate amounts of seed. No top soil, no fertilizer, no raking in seed...nothing.

After pointing out to project team, I get nowhere. 3 months of $400 water and sewage bills, $500 in seed and treatments... its nothing but bare spots and weeds. When asked warranty manager about documentation I get nothing. They have no documentation, no quality assurance, no checks and balance.. ZERO proof the lawn was properly installed. They can not even produce policies, procedures, or minimum standards of the landscaping company to prove they are properly doing their job.

I told warranty manager that I want to redo the lawn and can get $140 in topsoil.. He said, to my face "I will give you $140 just to shut up, but you are the type of person to go on Facebook and blast us, so why should I help you?" I asked for a second opinion and to escalate to higher manager... I was told, again to my face "No". I said please give me the name on contact of your manager "I'm not doing that, no way.. If I feel like it I will email him but he won't talk to you". Third time I say, to be clear I am a paying customer and I am politely asking for your manager's name and/or contact information and you are not going to give me it? Warranty Manager "Nope". Glad to spend $300,000 to be treated like this. Buyer beware.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Our home was built in 2012. 6 yrs later my roof is leaking because they did not put drip edge down at the edge of the roof to prevent water from the gutters from sloshing back onto the fascia/wood part of the roof. Eventually the water leaks into the home onto the drywall. Unfortunately they can get away with this because the state of Virginia and other states have their own code which they adapt as they see fit from the National Code. Your roof should last 15-20yrs. This should not be an issue at 6yrs. Also, if you ever have problems with your home after the warranty period has passed and it's clearly Ryan home's fault to begin with you will be met with a lot of resistance and attitude. Bottom line: find another builder and save yourself the expenses you will incur sooner as opposed to later due to their poor quality. I will never have another Ryan home not just because of the roofing issue but because my neighbors have had numerous other problems as well.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

My review. Essentially they only care about new clients, not the people who have already purchased a home and our currently paying HOA fees. They also will not allow solar panels because they are afraid it will hurt new home sales. They also lie as to when the residents will take over the HOA. Last but not least as proven in the video below, they do not maintain their public areas very well and have a poor house build.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

We knew when purchasing a Ryan Home we’d be buying a home full of basic and poor quality material. We figured this is our forever home. We will do updates when needed with quality products of our choosing. Custom building was not an option. Well we didn’t realize that the actual construction work would be of such extremely poor quality.

It all started when I used my half bath for the first time and noticed my pedestal sink was extremely crooked. We’ve since had to deal with non working doors and windows (internal AND external doors), a leaky shower, a garage door falling in on my husband, walls that are so bowed and not square that pictures don’t lay straight, issues with our yard coming in, unlevel concrete work, cracked tub, contractors who drive or walk through our yard like we don’t even live here (including tearing up our yard to work on a house next door). We had a drain put in AFTER committing to the lot that we weren’t told about which takes up a large corner of our yard between the drain itself and the grading to it. They didn’t uncover this drain so it wasn’t even functional leading to our yard flooding and grass washing away. Their solution to that was to drop off a small bag of grass seed for us to make the necessary repairs.

I’ve been screamed at in front of my daughter twice by their contractors. The salesmen inaccurately gave us information regarding the HOA. The service manager is extremely condescending. When we had an issue with one of our windows not locking. He actually had nerve enough to ask if he needed to come over and show me how to close my window properly. Ummm no thanks. I know how to shut a window. When repairs are needed it takes forever to get them taken care of with multiple calls to follow up. Our vinyl floor has already torn in 2 places in less than a year. We are not hard on our things at all but the floor is basically paper. The only thing I love about the house? The layout.

Original review: June 23, 2020

We decided to purchase a house from Ryan Homes in Florida. I was very excited to build my very first house and customize it to our tastes. We started in September of 2019 with putting a deposit. We were told that the house would be completed by March of 2020. The mortgage process with NVR was HORRIBLE! There were so many things that we had to send them document wise to get even a conditional approval. We did get it.

Covid-19 happened and my partner was furloughed from his job because of it. We tried in vain to find him another job because we knew he wasn't going to be called back to that previous employer due to the nature of the business they provide and was gravely affected by the Covid-19 situation. So we were told that we had to provide them additional documentation and we did so. I get a call from our Salesperson telling us that Ryan Homes had rescinded our contract and I was like What? We just sent paperwork to NVR to re-evaluate for the loan approval.

So a few days later I get a call from her manager stating that they rescinded the contract and they would be sending us a letter via email stating so. Fortunately for us they returned our downpayment which was substantial. I then asked our salesperson if she would call and let us know when the house was going on the market as we had figured out another way to still purchase the house. The house was on the market less than 24 hours and had a deposit on it and going into contract the very next day. I thought the salesperson was truly genuine and wanted us to have the house but she failed to call us and we saw our dream go down the drain. The house didn't even have a "For Sale" sign on it because we know someone that lives in that community and they told us so.

I guess at the end of the day it's all about the money. Needless to say I am very upset and sickened because they were showing the house before we even knew they broke the contract with us which I find shady. Thank you Ryan Homes for showing us how you truly are. You know how they say the best advertising is word of mouth? I would never recommend them to anyone ever!

Original review: May 31, 2020

Think twice If you are buying a Ryan Home please don't. They are really bad built. We are having a lot of issues with our house and the problems come after they 1 year warranty expires. The master bathroom is leaking, the kitchen island is cracked. The driveway and the cement in the patio are cracking and sinking and they just told us we have to deal with it ourselves. They have shakes when you walk on the second floor. Our house is in the Mills al Rocky River in Harrisburg NC. The house was built in 2018 and it worst house ever.

Ryan Homes Company Information