Find a Home Builders partner

3. Home Builders

1.6/5 (32 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Ryan Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ryan Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: July 12, 2021

The sales person and the construction manager were both excellent. I'm generally happy with my house. But...when the neighborhood was complete, they left a lot of construction debris and unsodded empty space in the common areas, making the neighborhood look trashy. Repeated attempts to have someone come back to clean up the mess have gone ignored. So if you plan to build in a Ryan neighborhood, pester them to death during the building process to avoid them just riding off into the sunset when the final house is occupied, without finishing up all their work.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Honestly I heard all the rumors myself about Ryan Homes before I decided to build a Ryan Home and I was skeptical as well. It seemed like everyone I knew was telling me “don’t use Ryan homes they’re so cheap and not worth the price!” But honestly I’ve had nothing but a good experience with them. I can definitely tell that some of the materials they used aren’t top quality. Like the paint. I’m annoyed that I do have to repaint a lot because the paint used is cheap and shows scratches easily. it’s also matte paint which I absolutely hate. But otherwise all the other rumors have been wrong for us. People told us that if we have any issues with the home after we move in that they’ll never come and fix it like they’re supposed to.

Definitely not the case for us. The first couple days we moved in I noticed a sewer smell in the basement. I called and complained about it. They came the same day to fix it. About a week later the smell came back again. So we called again. The next day they had someone out who said our bolts were actually really loose so they tightened them and we haven’t had an issue since. We also had an issue with a toilet that wasn’t flushing right anymore after about 2 months. Again a guy came the next day to work on it. He couldn’t fix the problem so he actually replaced the whole toilet that same day. Our site manager was a great very friendly guy who always kept us up to date on our house and let us come and tour whenever we wanted when it was being built. I’m sure some people had legit issues but just know that’s not everyone’s experience. Or else they probably wouldn’t be in business anymore.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I wouldn't rely heavily on bad testimonials for a companies reputation. This builders has sold, built, and closed thousands of homes. A few of those thousands of homes have legitimate beefs but the ones who are happy, you don't hear from. The Happy owners outweigh those who aren't happy. I myself bought and have found it to be a nice, comfortable home. They had great options. Our Project manager Dave was excellent. Our neighborhood is really great! I'm in RE for over 25 years. I look for quality of product, easy financing, etc. It was all pretty easy. We have been in our home for 1 year now. Still happy with our decision.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

This is my first home and I would like to give 5 stars to my salesperson 'Christine **'. She was very helpful and detailed. Even few things I missed and I requested her to change after sometime and she did for me and I really appreciate her. Now coming to Ryan construction it's really good so far and they finished the project on time. Giving 4 star because I feel the quality of material should be upgraded little bit specially doors are pretty low qualities...Rest all looks good and I recommend lots of my friend in this community.

Thanks!

Uma

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I’m originally from Alabama, moved here for work about two years ago. Of course I’ve been looking for a home for months. I was getting very disappointed with older home layouts, no open floor plan, no storage, needing kitchen upgraded etc. Then I met Bridget and Doug of Ryan homes. They are simply the best! Taking their time explaining, giving me options for a new nearly custom build. Nothing like picking what you want from cabinets, railing, floors, doors etc. Most important they wanted me to be happy as a customer with my investment. From sending me pictures of the process, to just a call asking can I be of help. You can’t ask for a better team. Let them make your home dreams come true. Thanks !!!!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Clearly everyone's experience is going to be different. Everyone's standards are different. Space in the home I like but I literally am placing a warranty request at least weekly if not twice a week and I have not been in the home a full 2 months. Starting outside the yard is terrible. The sod laid I'm sure wasn't watered properly before I moved in. I feel like I am just wasting water. I know how often, how long to water my father taught me well. The grass is just dead.

Dried paint on floors and appliances. Drywall errors (some yes that I missed on my walkthrough) but hey I walked through myself, not easy to take it all in. Loose flooring. In the bathroom's cabinet vanity panels near the floors are damaged. I care about things like that. And a brand new home should have these issues. But as I stated I will just keep submitting warranty requests til things are as they should be. They are prompt about coming out so far when I have submitted requests. But again this home is brand new. I should not be submitting the requests I'm submitting.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Unfortunately, I didn't read any reviews before I signed a purchase contract with Ryan Homes. In fact, they care more about the quantity of homes being built than the quality, their building managers are negligent, they never listen to their clients when there are errors that need fixing, they give false information, they mislead their clients, they don't follow up with their subcontractors on time, and they just want to finish the house regardless of quality. Moreover, if the buyers do not check the quality of their homes themselves and follow up, the building’s managers will pass all errors on even if they know the quality of the materials and craftsmanship are poor. I have a lot of disagreements with them because there are a lot of issues with framing, insulation, HVAC, and other issues to come...

I have a great concern that the house is not safe to live in with my family, and there will be many bad issues that I need to deal & live with later, so be careful and read many reviews before you sign a purchase contract with them... You may regret it like me.

Original review: June 8, 2021

Honestly where do I even begin, from the in house plumbing to the sprinklers, all horribly done and rushed and quite frankly didn't stand the test of time (6 years). The latest problem I'm facing is the HVAC system, all of a sudden the system stops blowing cold air and it's 90 degrees or more for 2 weeks now. I go downstairs to look at the system and I'm shocked to see water everywhere from the system the whole carpet and stairs is ruined and there's mold everywhere from the system.

I called another company to take a look and they informed me Ryan homes did a shabby job (no surprise here). They installed one system and a smaller one at that, while we have two climate controls with just one system. We've called and complained yet they keep jerking us around asking us for more details and won't Send their people out to take a look at the crap job they've done, I can't spend time at home cause it's 87 inside the house. The house may look great from outside and a great neighborhood, but the build quality is just horrendous. BEWARE. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: May 24, 2021

We just took ownership of our brand new townhouse the end of March. We just tried our AC for the first time on Friday evening and woke up Saturday morning to realize our outdoor unit was not working. We called the HVAC company that installed it to be told that they could not get to it till Monday because it was not an emergency. It was 90 degrees Saturday and Sunday and 90 in our house. I found out Sunday that my next door neighbor has the same issue. This is unbelievable that a brand new townhouse has a non working outdoor unit. I wish I had did my homework and look into Ryan Homes reviews because I would have never bought from them. Their workmanship of the walls being crooked and painted all the walls with flat paint is crap.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Where to begin- after 14 months- 5 calls for a/c failure; holes appearing in Sheetrock. Yard finished after 1 year under threat of lawsuits. Carpet disintegrating; laminated floor popping up. My opinion- 3 things you won’t find in dealing with Ryan- quality, craftsmen or ethical people.

Ryan Homes Company Information