Ryan Homes

Compare Home Builders and Developers

Research top Home Builders and Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My complaint is with Ryan Homes Mortgage Co, NVR Inc. In fact, if I can figure out how to file a formal complaint against NVR, I will. Two years ago Ryan Homes built me a Townhome. The sales reps were nice enough, the construction manager was amazingly patient and overall really great. This was my first time buying a home, and I was extremely excited about having one built, but I also made it very clear that I was completely inexperienced and nervous about the mortgage process so the sales rep referred me to their own mortgage co NVR, Inc; she said it would be easier and the $3000 bonus off closing costs was a deal breaker, so I didn't even shop around to compare products, HUGE mistake.

At my 1st appointment I told the Mortgage lady that I didn't know anything about mortgages so I really wanted her to keep me informed and educate me every step of the way; to be brutally honest I asked her to explain things to me like I was a child, and she agreed. She asked me a few questions, gathered some information, and said "we'll go with a 5/1 ARM because it'll get you the best possible rate with the lowest down-payment which is what you told me your concerns were." I knew what 5/1 meant, but that was about it so I asked her what other options there were. She didn't explain any options, she talked 'at' me and 'over' me and talked in jargon so honestly it was intimidating.

The following weeks were met by me emailing & leaving her repeated messages with little to no response, and when she did reply she never answered the question I had asked. She would take 5-7 days to reply, was inconsiderate, uncaring, and frankly did not verbally disclose the requirements of the product she sold me. After I complained to my sales rep, I was told that the mortgage rep was actually the office manager, so basically there was no one to complain to. Great; nervous first time homebuyer with a non responsive lender who honestly wouldn't know "customer service" from a hole in the ground.

At least the processor was really nice, she lifted some weight off of me by being overly empathetic and patient and explaining every step of processing along the way. Well, come to find out after doing some research on my loan, the lender put me in a product with MIP which cannot be removed for the entire life of the loan but she NEVER disclosed that to me. Also I didn't realize I was in a FHA product (not that I would've known what that meant at the time). That seems like unfair lending practices. Just based on the research I did since getting the loan, I was familiar with PMI which can be removed once the loan reaches 80% of the value of the home... but PennyMac (who purchased my loan) assured me that my loan has MIP which never goes away. So I'm stuck in this high payment for the life of my loan unless I refi.

The funny thing is, everyone I've spoken to including other Ryan Homes employees AND other people who purchased townhomes in my subdivision ALL had similar experiences with her. Yet no one does anything about it? I thought mortgage lending was the most highly regulated areas of finance, especially when it comes to Fair Lending and Truth in Disclosure processes. This was my 1st time buying a home, and the WORST customer experience of my entire life. It's disgraceful that the office "Manager" who should be setting the example for other employees can get away with giving such bad service to so many people on one of the biggest decisions of their lives. RIDICULOUS.

So my husband and I just started looking for our first home in March 2017. Well we met with a Realtor and she took us to look at a Ryan home. We were told that all the nice homes that have been remodeled were going very quickly and way over the listing price that our chances were slim and this was the best chance we had at getting a nice home. Ryan was in their last phase of building and there was only 3 lots left and only one not near the pond and we didn't want to be near a pond with having 4 kids running around, BTW this is in Marshview Landing in Mentor. Well we were told to keep our spot we had to put down a $3,000 deposit to lock in. So we did. Not even having much time to think about anything. Well I was very nervous after this appointment because everything was happening so quickly and the price is pretty steep with what we need for our family size.

Of course we met back after 10 days to finalize our choices and it's been nothing but a headache from here on out. So many papers you have to give NVR and you can't make any changes after your 14 day app which is pretty crazy when you're a first time home owner. We didn't know what was more important to add. We have never done this before, well we decided we really wanted to add the morning room after the 14 day app, well they gave us a very hard time about adding it but they finally did. There were options we are just now finding out about that we didn't know before and we can't change anything. Then we were told our build date would be July 3rd and we would meet our PM at the end of June for our production meeting which we were very excited about because July 3rd is our wedding anniversary and my uncle who lives in Washington is coming up to see the start of our build and we only see him once a year with him living so far.

Also we found this out on my husband's birthday so it just felt meant to be. Well then when we asked about the production meeting they said, "Well we don't even have a build date yet". WHAT!!! What do you mean? When we forwarded the email they sent us that stated our production meeting and the build date of July 3rd they told us they moved our date and are building other houses before us. All these horrible reviews I have been reading is really making me feel uncomfortable and we are really thinking of backing out. At this point I rather lose 3,000 than 331,000 and having a whole lot of issues when we move in.

My husband and I are freaking out. There are things we still would like to add and we can't on top of being 60,000 dollars over budget already. They charge 3,495 to have wood floor on your stairs and then upcharge you for the wood so you're really getting charged twice. We upgraded to Level C carpet and it's still horrible quality and not very many choices to choose from, also we choose real hard wood floors for the whole downstairs and I'm nervous of them getting scratched and ruined after we have spent so much for them and had to get a color we really didn't want because there were once again not very many choices. I'm sorry but I think people should have more time to pick their things out for their dream home than 14 days. It's ok for them to change things on you without your knowledge but when you ask to change something they want to charge you 750 dollars extra and give you a hard time about changing it.

I can't believe all this and we haven't even broken ground yet. I just want to back out and this point and wish my Realtor would have been way more helpful. I'm hoping we can back out or at least this not be the worst mistake of our lives. We are young and our children mean the world to us. I would hate for their new home to become a nightmare instead of a dream come true. This whole experience has just made me sick and the way they treat their customers is horrible and then to lure you into using NVR on top of all the other crap. I am just over all of this. I would recommend for people to look other places than to give Ryan Homes a chance. Run while you still can. It's nothing but horror stories about this company. You would think they would change something after all of this.

My son and his new wife were convinced two years ago that Ryan Homes had significantly improved the quality of their construction and decided to use them to build a beautiful, expensive new home in Concord Township. This home has been nothing but one nightmare after another. Yes, Ryan Homes gives a full two year warranty on their construction, but guess what, the nightmares don't end after two years. In fact, right now, by some has three large holes in his kitchen ceiling due to plumbing leaks in his master bath on the second floor.

Honestly - do not use this builder for your home. If there were lemon laws for new homes, as there are for new cars, for sure Ryan Homes would be liable long after their warranty expires. It's just heartbreaking to see a young couple, who put everything they had into building a beautiful new home, have to deal with one problem after another. Ryan Homes should be ashamed of the shoddy workmanship their crews perform. DO NOT even CONSIDER using Ryan Homes to build your dream.

NVR Inc. is the holding company and it owns Ryan Homes, NVR Homes, NVR Mortgage and NVR Title Services. I bought a home from Ryan Homes and went with its mortgage and title company to make the process easier. The Division Manager who oversees production, lending and title services is very unprofessional (the way she communicates with you and the level of disrespect she will show is unbelievable). Their customer service is the worst (they have hired people who have no clue what a customer means). They are rude and disrespectful no matter how hard you try and give them the benefit of the doubt.

The Mortgage division is the worst I have deal with in my life (have dealt with at least 6 - bought 4 homes and 2 refi's before). These are complete rude, unprofessional (they do not even know how to prepare disclosure documents even after I pointed out to them several times to correct the many, many mistakes on these documents), they postponed my closing date because they fail to follow up.

The title services is even the worst. They will quote you the title fees well ahead of closing date so that you stay with them then three days before closing they will try to rip you off. Try to bring this up with them they will try and put you in bad light for their own mistakes. To sum it up, they try to bully you, stand your ground firm and be prepared to walk away. Do not give them a large amount of deposit because your will compromise your own leverage to negotiate with them. IF you can stay away from them!

We bought a Ryan Home as the first owner back in 2010. In 2013, our seam between granite started separating. This is our first time having granite counter top. I called Ryan Homes and they said that it was because of the Richmond earthquake in 2011 and the settling of the house. I told them that the seam separation can't be because of the settling of the house or the earthquake. It was the poor installation procedure they used. All they did was put glue on the bottom of the granite and place the granite on top of the counter. And then they connect the two pieces of granite together with caulking. There were no adhesives used between the two pieces of granite on all the granite counter top in the kitchen. Very dissatisfied with the workmanship and WILL NOT BUY A RYAN HOMES AGAIN!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

We are the second owners of a Ryan Home. Our home was built in 2011 and we purchased the home from the original owner in 2014. Right after we moved in the compressor in the AC had to be replaced. After a thunderstorm we noticed roof shingles were missing and that had to be fixed. We contacted Ryan Homes on numerous occasions and never received a callback. We have sent emails and Ryan Homes never responded. Over the course of a year we had the roof repaired (at our expense) four times. Every time we had a storm with high winds the shingles would blow off. This house was built in 2011... why are shingles blowing off?

In June of 2016 we had the roof replaced. The roofing contractor said the reason the roof failed was, it wasn't properly vented (the ridge vent was compressed) and there wasn't enough fasteners to hold the shingles in place and poor workmanship. It was done on the cheap too, 15 year shingles. The contractor said he sees it all the time with Ryan Homes.

It doesn't end there, we have windows that are hard to see out of because the seals have failed. The list gets longer. We had the tile in the master bath fail. Again poor workmanship, not enough grout between the tiles. We had water getting behind the tiles and we ended up with what is called, "dogleg damage". The contractor who did the bathroom said, he sees this all the time. It's like a broken record. We now have a new shower in the master bath. We have also had to replace a pressure tank on the water system. All of these things are expensive!!! This house is only six years old. It's very frustrating when the builder won't even back up their product.

My husband and I purchased a Ryan townhome Upper Marlboro, MD about a year and a half ago. We noticed prior to our 1 year anniversary that one of our guest bedroom window screens were missing. I had called customer care to inquire as when we should receive screens and we were forwarded to speak with the window company who never returned our call. I reached back out to Ryan Homes, being that I am their customer and I purchased a home from them and I was told that there's nothing that can be done since our warranty after 1 year has expired. Note, I have window screens in all of the other windows, but the customer care representative explains to me that there's no record of my call and that the wind could have blown my screens out of my windows. Really?

I have had countless bad experiences with Ryan from the financing process to the vendors that they have partnered with. I feel that once you have purchased your home from them, they have no regard for you. The representatives are unprofessional and rude. I will never purchase a Ryan or NVR home again and to note, I will encourage my future homeowner friends and family not to purchase from Ryan or any of their companies. It's a disgrace! They harp on their customer service and hound you to death to submit post settlement surveys on your experience with them, hands down horrible and I am dissatisfied!

As a neighbor of Silver Woods they have built the grounds up approximately 3 feet, compacting with contaminated sand, letting rain water to drain into man made ponds and then pumping (basically) sewer water into the ass a woman bay. They do this on weekends when DNRC is not inspecting. I as a contractor have never seen a project with employees picked up at the local Home Depot - better off moving to SO CAL. They have real inspectors!

Six months after moving into my house, I discovered the Radon gas was 7 times the recommended EPA level. Three contractors told me the basement living space was not safe as a living area. I contact Ryan Homes and was told "not covered", "too bad for you", and "hope you can get it fixed". I was told during our final walkthrough the house was tested and expected I was moving into a safe and livable home. Wrong. The worst part of this, is no one in Customer Service, including the Division Manager even cared that our family's health was at risk, due to their negligence and lack of quality. A simple Radon test and mitigation system would have resolved the problem from the start. I am stuck with the entire repair, costing a couple of thousand dollars. Whatever you do, buy from another builder. I hope to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Don't give Ryan Homes a "good faith" payment. They will not give it back. Apparently we did not act in good faith in the loan process, we jumped through hoops, email after email. Credit inquiries and bank statements. So stressful. After the reviews I've seen about the building itself, I'm glad we were not approved. Ryan Homes sucks so does NVR mortgage.

If I could do it all over again, I would have listened to the other reviews and never purchased a Ryan home. The mortgage process with NVR mortgage was a nightmare. They delayed my closing by a month due to a clerical error on their part. When I went to the manager at my apartment complex to see if I could stay for one more month, I was told that my apartment had already been rented and I would need to be out by the end of the month. NVR offered no help and I was essentially homeless until my closing.

Once I moved into my home, I noticed the shoddiness of the construction. Drywall cracking, cabinet pieces falling off, and my exterior window cracked. I have submitted a request to have repairs done and I get an automated response that someone from the Ryan Homes extended warranty customer service team will be in touch within 24-48 hours from when the request was submitted. It has been over 7 days. But hey, I should expect this because the customer service I received when I was purchasing my home was crappy so why should it change after they have already collected my money? I cannot wait to get some equity in this home and sell it because that it was I will be doing immediately. Purchase at your own risk!

If you are thinking of buying a Ryan Home please reconsider. Their workmanship is very poor and they just don't care about quality. They want to get the job done fast so they can build another house and make more money but care nothing about doing a quality job. I will never, never buy a Ryan Home again. I have had to have my hardwood floors repaired 5 times. If they had been installed correctly the first time there would not have to be five trips to get it right. All the doors in my home were crooked and had to be adjusted. When the door to the garage was being straightened the trim was removed and there was at least a 2 inch gap between the 2x4 and the door frame. If I hadn't demanded the repair I would not have known there was such a gap until cold weather arrived.

There isn't a level wall in the whole house. They are either bowed or crooked. The concrete foundation cracked in the garage, kitchen and front porch two days after it was poured and they refuse to fix it. Said it was normal for concrete to crack. If so, not 2 days after being poured. The drywall installed in my garage is pathetic. The sheets don't even meet where butted up against each other. The tape is peeling off and it is just, overall, sloppy work. I think they pick up their workmen off a street corner and put them on a job site with no training. It shows in the end product. As far as NVR goes I would never go through the mortgage process with them ever again. They are as crooked as Ryan Homes since they are one and the same! I am only writing this review to let unsuspecting buyers beware of Ryan Homes and save them a lot of suffering and sleepless nights.

I'm a hard working, single woman. I built a Ryan Home and for the most part, have been happy with it. However, over the holidays I had sewage backing up into my garage which was not only disgusting but made a huge mess and ruined a few items I had stored. Since it was over the holiday, I had to call Roto-Rooter since they were the only ones working. They looked at my sewage lines with a camera and said they were cracked and needed repaired. They charged me $350 but at least got the sewage cleaned out of the garage. I then called a local plumbing expert who also used the camera to look at the problem. He showed me the broken pipes. Not only were they cracked and crumbled, but they were not even sealed together. Ryan did not use the correct pipe for a residential sewage system nor did they seal them together. They used Schedule 40 pipe part of the way (coming out of the house) and that went into Schedule 20 and Schedule 10.

They were simply slipped into each other and not even glued or sealed to prevent them from separating. In order to fix this shoddy work, my entire yard is being dug up (the pipe is buried 8 ft under near the house and goes to 13 ft. under to the street), my sidewalk steps will need to be cut off, my lamp post will need removed and my new landscaping is going to be destroyed (I just paid $3,000 this past summer to have my entire front and side of the house landscaped). They are concerned that my driveway will sink because every time they dig soil out, the ground falls into the hole and the pipe runs along the side of my driveway.

This repair, due to Ryan's shoddy work, is costing me $11,000 just for the plumbing. It will cost more once I have to replace all of the landscaping, light post and cement steps. Hopefully, my driveway will not cave in. If anyone knows of any recourse I may have, I would be very grateful. What is interesting is that the Ryan Project Manager who was in charge of building our development lives across the street from me. However, I'm being told by many that I don't have a case because it's past the warranty period. I'm sick to my stomach.

My husband and I built our first home with Fox Ridge (aka Ryan Homes) in Nashville a little over a year ago. I can't tell you the numerous issues we have had with our home since we have moved it. Seriously people, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM RYAN HOMES OR FOX RIDGE HOMES OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH NVR!! If you have already purchased your home with them or are currently getting ready to close, let me give you some advice, purchase your own home inspection. They try to win you over by saying they will take care of the home inspection, but the home inspector is an insider or someone they have paid off to make the home sound perfect. Well... Let me tell you, the home inspector didn't catch a lot of defects with our house.

Honestly I don't even think our home is up to codes since we have so many issues. Although I have a TON of complaints, I'll stick to one for now - our HVAC unit. We have lived in our home for just over a year now. When they first installed our HVAC unit, they installed it wrong (upside down is what the HVAC company said), so therefore, we were not receiving any heat for over two weeks in the middle of winter!! So they got that fixed. Then six months later, the AC barrel (whatever that is) broke. Called HVAC people again, and they told me that it shouldn't be a big deal and they would just go grab one off of another unit. Well... here's the kicker, get a phone call from the HVAC people and they have to order the part because my unit has been discontinued 2 YEARS AGO!! What?!?! We freaking built a new home and they installed a 2 year old unit in our house!! Seriously!!

So no AC for another 2 weeks, oh and did I mention that it was now the dead of summer with outside temperatures in the high 90's!! We ended up purchasing a window unit for the time being since it was so miserably hot!! Now fast forward to this past week (late December), and we happen to notice that the front of the house seems super cold. We call the HVAC people again, wait a week, and then finally they show up. The guy goes under the crawl space and finds out that they never wired up the dampers to the front of the house!! So that means we haven't been getting AC or Heat to the front part of our house.

SERIOUSLY! So let me sum this up... They installed a 2 year old unit to a brand new house, installed it upside down, and forgot to wire the dampers so part of the house was not receiving AC or heat. So please explain to me what the home inspector actually did!! Just BS. So if you must purchase your Ryan Home, then do yourself a favor and hire an outside inspector to make sure everything is working properly.

You will hear minimal everyday noises thru yours and neighbor's wall. When I contacted Ryan Homes their reply was that noise is not warranted. I was also told they only put insulation in one of the adjoining walls! I sent them another email saying that was heck of a way to cut corners and save a few bucks. Have not heard anything back as of yet. Wouldn't recommend their Townhome due to this cheap shortcut that will cost me $$$.

Basically I want to ask a question and see if anyone has a answer. I am in the final stages of building with Ryan and financing with NVR, their mortgage company. Now, my house will be under a VA loan which requires a appraisal from the VA. I am a little worried about appraisal after reading some of these reviews. They actually rolled some of the closing costs into the price of the house raising the price by $5,000 or a little less. This house was originally at a sale costs of $179,350.00. For general purpose the house is in the Martinsburg WV area. It is a new design plan 1680.

The question is this: Has anyone had a problem with NVR/Ryan adjusting the sale price to the appraisal price? Right now there is no other funds to give these people as I have been drained down not from the company but from life circumstances that just happened such as 2 car accidents within 10 weeks of each other by my son and wife. Or does anyone have any idea of how much this house would appraise for with the VA??

Poor quality. They don't fix things that break. Siding completely fell off most of the house. Tried calling. Spoke to people. They ignore you. Won't fix the problem. I have to. I would never buy a Ryan home again.

We brought some friends to look at a unit at Discovery Square since they are first time buyers interested in purchasing. They had their toddler with them and I asked the salesperson if they had a bathroom so my friend could change the toddler's diaper. The salesperson was extremely rude and said "No, we don't have a changing station. This is not a gas station." To which I said, "I understand this is not a gas station but you are selling homes to families right? You don't have to be rude. It is ridiculous that you cannot offer a restroom to a mother in need to change a diaper." So we left. Some people are not meant to be in sales. Ryan Homes should select their sales people better. If this is the welcome experience you get at the sales office, I can imagine what the purchasing process must be like. From the ratings in this site and the experience I had we had, I will recommend staying away from Ryan Homes.

I live in Nashville and moved in just over a month ago. Ryan Homes has most incompetent contractors and worst quality sub-contractors. The work is of cheap quality and barely meets minimum standards and are average in nature. The overall look is fine but finishing is poor and you can notice them if you pay close attention to things like walls, paint, ceiling etc. I had a 10-point list after my orientation and 2-3 of them are not even fixed yet, even after a month. These are things that were supposed to be fixed before closing. You can't even touch your walls; the paint quality is so bad that if you barely brush your finger or jacket on the wall, you will start noticing shade or scratches. Our contractor never answers phone and only replies to email or text when convenient.

We have already seen 5 or 6 new problems that show the quality of work and now needs fixing. There are already pending cabinet door replacement (that were promised soon after settlement) that are not done in more than 5 weeks after moving in. I have told my agent to not suggest Ryan Homes to any her new clients already.

I will recommend the homes at Lakes at Lucerne Park on Winter Haven FL. The houses are comfortable and they will have plenty of space for your family. In addition, the contractor working on ground along with his crew will make sure that your house meets needs. We recently purchase a home here and we love it. If you're looking to purchase a new home stop by Ryan Homes at Winter Haven, FL. You will love it.

We are in the process of purchasing a condo built by Ryan Homes. They have failed to comply with regulations, thus delaying our settlement. They supplied a 2016 budget, but failed to give a 2016 reserve study. Their reserve is 7.9% which is less than the 10% required. When the reserve falls short of the 10%, a reserve study must be in place. There is no 2016 reserve. However, they gave us a 2017 reserve study. Here is the kicker...there is no 2017 budget. I don't understand how they sell THOUSANDS of homes, yet fail to have a simple document. Oh, yeah, they entice you with thousands of dollars of incentives IF you go with their lender, NVR mortgage. They keep all mortgages in-house, therefore do not have to follow regulations and close fast.

Ryan Homes lied to me that I could add a 2 foot extension to my garage. I was in the impression that the 2 foot extension will be added to my side of the garage. I just did a walk through and discover that the claim it was added to the front. Which I did not see. The home is under construction at this time. I ask to add a third car garage and I was going to pay for the expense but they refused to do that. I am not happy with their services and my home construction is stay in progress. They inform me that I couldn't get a free basement when that commercial is currently going on. In fact all of my neighbors have a free basement but yet I am paying more than what their home cost. I am paying 30k above the price range for most home within the neighborhood without a basement.

I have lived in a new-construction Ryan Homes house for 2.5 years. My complaint has to do with how they handle shoddy work that is discovered after their "warranties" expire. This has happened three times to me. I recently tried to change a light bulb above the shower. This was the first time the bulb needed to be replaced. When I tried to change it, the entire fixture came out with the wire and bulb left dangling over the shower. It was never sealed to the ceiling. Ryan refuses to fix it because it is only "warrantied" for 1 year. The problem is not really an issue of a warranty, however. Rather the problem is that is was not initially installed correctly. Because I did not see their shoddy work until I changed the bulb, they told me I am responsible for their shoddy work and I have to pay for an electrician.

My roof leaked and ruined the paint in my bathroom. Again, they said my less than 2 year old roof was out of warranty. After many many phone calls I at least got the company who did the roof to come look at it. The repairman said the original work was done improperly. I am left with the expense of repainting my bathroom. This is not what you expect in a house that is less than 2 years old. My chandelier failed after 13 months, but again, I was left with the bill.

These "warranties" allow them to get away with shoddy work because the homeowner does not catch them in time, or the thing breaks slightly after the warranty. In the latter case, the things that are breaking would be expected to last A LOT longer than their warranties. For example, if I got just a new roof put on my house, I would NEVER expect it to fail in less than 2 years. But Ryan hides behind the sheer number of things that are in a house and then leaves people to pay the bills even when Ryan did not put it in correctly. I called today to say the light was never connected to the ceiling but the man was dismissive and rude and just say, "You have been in your house for x years!"

They called me about an inquiry online which they automatically fill out. I inquired about the address to their models, drove 45 minutes to get there just to see they closed early. I called them back she said they should be there. They were not. Called her back she would not answer. Thanks Ryan Homes.

I live in a Ryan Jefferson home in South Jersey. Our development is only 11 years old. We are retiring and moving and have our house under contract. The septic test was done today and it FAILED!! The person conducting the test explained that the cheap system they installed simply does not work and most homes with this particular setup generally have to get them replaced or start having problems after 5 years. We didn't purchase a new house to have to replace a major part like this in such a short time. This will cost us $13,000 to fix if we want to continue with the sale. I am beyond angry now because I have no tears left.

I wanted to leave some feedback for Ryan Homes. As of this morning, we were in the market for a new home to build. Our friends purchased a home at the Jordan Pointe property in New Hill, NC, and we loved their layout and decided to look for ourselves. The agent that showed us around initially seemed uninterested and may have assumed we weren't serious. I felt stereotyped being only 26 and in the market to purchase a home $400K+. I was very serious, but didn't feel like I was taken seriously until we started running numbers and I let the agent know that I already had a pre-qualification.

During the course of about 3 hours, I felt the agent constantly reminded us that "Ryan Homes is the 4th largest home builder in the US" and in lack of better words, that Ryan Homes did not need my business. I understand that may be true, but that is not the approach I would have taken. I am a seasoned sales account manager for the #1 IT company in the WORLD and I would never make a client feel like we don't need their business. I am very successful in my career and have never found that making a client feel like I didn't need or want their business earned me any business at all.

The agent was very knowledgeable and towards the end I felt like they were doing a great job answering my questions and showing me around, but I could not get over the feeling I left with. We went to see another property this morning and had a completely different experience. We ended up purchasing a much larger home and signing our contract to build on the spot.

I felt it important to leave this feedback because the agent at Jordan Pointe mentioned they receive bonuses on customer satisfaction surveys. If that is the case, I would have a hard time giving that person a high score thinking that they'd probably made others feel the same way they initially made me feel. Purchasing a home is one of the most significant investments that a person will most likely make throughout their life and they should never be made to feel like it isn't good enough. A customer should always be made to feel like they are the most important person during that conversation and that their business is always wanted.

I would assume Ryan Homes did not become the 4th largest home builder in the US by making people feel like they were insignificant. Take this for what it is, but I understand you have a great reputation as a company and I would hope you can maintain that through each employee that works for Ryan Homes. Thank you!

Run as fast as you can... do not lock in New bull... Contract money. We bought this scam of a new home in December 2015. There were several things I noticed when walking the final walk that I really thought were odd. First, if you purchase the Florence, you will have a beautiful vent smack in the middle of the walk leading up the stairs. The drywall was very poor quality the tile work was crap, the flooring had air bubbles, the granite was chipped and dull. The so called foreman what a joke, the realtor onsite was a liar, this outfit is so bad. We have had to file so many service tickets here. Found water in the laundry room, the culprit was Ryan Homes cutting corners not wrapping the vent which in turn lead out into the living room. Now we have a joke in both areas waiting for their cheap workers to repair.

The so called yard omg. The sod on every lot in Grove Park is dead because they do not treat the ground under so it only looks good for about 3 months. They talk about their so called energy efficiency **... nothing about this company is honest. We have had so many repairs I can't even start to type them. It would take an entire day. Did I forget to mention the Mexican fiesta every morning. Very disrespectful workers and foreman. They work until dark and arrive before sunup. It's so worth going to another builder. They are more money for a reason.

Upgrades, let's talk about this. One they say this word 95 times during selections, everything is an upgrade. Please do it yourself, they overcharge on everything. We were told during the initial contract signing that pools were allowed here, well that was once again another lie. They tried to tell us we couldn't have a pool but their sales lady told us and our realtor that it was a yes, she was so wrong, the ghost of an HOA showed their ugly face saying no but when I made them aware that this was a promise upon purchasing their ** rule of an enclosure came up even the city doesn't require this but they did. This home was an investment purchase for us because we will sell in 4 years, I guess this will allow enough time for us to get things repaired for the new owner. Shame on this company for being allowed to do this to so many families. Never never again it will be the first thing on my house hunting list. Beware.

Don't be fooled by the exterior. It's how it is put together matters the most. My problems: Our siding color and style was required to be changed per Architectural Review Board. The only color choices Ryan offered did not match. The warranties they offer you have to argue and fight to get things resolved and they still are not resolved. Our $8,000+ composite deck they installed is buckling only after 2 years because they didn't leave any space between the decking planks. The railing is falling apart. Totally unsafe deck. But, we're stuck since the 1 year warranty expired.

We replaced the ugly siding out of our own pockets and the contractors were surprised by the poor workmanship done by Ryan Homes. Nails protruding from the metal roof and flashing not installed properly. Grading problems and having to deal with pools of water in my lawn. They just gave me 10 bags of topsoil to remedy the problems--thanks for nothing. We can't cool our house to 70' since mold starts for form on the vents. Ryan Homes said we can't go lower than 75'. Try that with a menopausal wife.

Ryan Homes installed our Batten Board poorly. We found out from siding contractors that Batten board is supposed to be one continuous piece, not pieces. The seams started to show worse, so it looked like crap. The drywall repair after 1 year is terrible. Most of the nail pops and tape cracks are back--appears the home is still settling after 2 years. That was a waste of time. The cabinet coating is chipping. Numerous errors in the initial order and poor customer service. The expensive sod was laid on subsoil, so it does not grow well. My lawn is lumpy. The houses don't seem to be insulated well. You can hear the neighbors.

The foreman must have no construction experience because of all the problems we have had with the construction itself. Basic construction principles were not even employed. I did not want to purchase a Ryan Homes but did so. I am sorry and paying for that poor decision. My and my neighbors' experiences have not been positive and we will not be purchasing another Ryan Homes. We will not recommend a Ryan Homes. I just hope we don't run into any extensive damages while here. Unless, you have lots of extra money to spend after purchasing a new home and want to not enjoy a new home, go elsewhere.

Went to new Ryan Homes community and signed a contract for a lot and house that were supposed to start in June 2016. After putting thousands of dollars down, here it is August 2, 2016 and there is still nothing happening! That's right, not even one piece of grass moved off of my lot or the whole freaking neighborhood??? I sent the contract to my lawyer, unless I want to lose all the $ I put down, then I am stuck with these liars. They said my house would be done in September. Yeah right! I will be shocked to see if I even get a house in 2017. After reading the reviews about them, I bet my house will be built crappy anyways! So frustrated and wish I could just get my money back! Can't stand to be lied to and misled!

I bought a Ryan Homes house 9 years ago, and in a recent home inspection, some "damages and repairs" were noted from the roof truss. While it was not clear whether there are truly serious damages, the repairs were certain - since I have never hired anyone to do any repairs on the trusses, it must have been the builder who did it before we closed the house and moved in, but without providing any documentation or even letting me know. My agent contacted Ryan Homes to confirm that and never receive any responses.

Since truss is clearly covered by the 10-year warranty, I called Ryan Homes' customer care, and the lady told me that home inspection report is not adequate for them to initiate the warranty process, and I would have to hire a licensed structural engineer to do another inspection, but they will cover that cost. So I did, and paid $450 for that inspection. The engineer said there is currently no damages that need additional repair. While that is good news to Ryan Homes since they don't have to do any more work, they now told me that they will not cover the engineer's cost because "they don't have to do any more work". I argued that I hired the engineer because they told me to do so, as the home inspection report does not mean anything to them as I was told, while the customer care agent, obviously a different one from who I spoke earlier, said he didn't know anything about what I was told before from his colleague.

Not that $450 is a big deal, but I was astonished that Ryan Homes could be so comfortable to tell their customer different things, and use such a lame excuse that they don't know what their colleagues said. I know probably every builder will try to get out of their warranty responsibilities, but I am not so sure that everyone will go this low. So my recommendations are: if you *HAVE TO* buy a Ryan Homes house, make sure you check everything *VERY THOROUGHLY* before you close and accept the house. If you call their customer care, make sure you write down who you spoke with, at what date and time, and probably record your phone calls (they said they record "some" but not all, obviously at their "discretion"); and make sure you obtain all the evidences and keep them in a safe place before you act on their suggestions!

Ryan Homes Company Profile