1.38/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

189 Ryan Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2018

Buyer beware!! The reviews are accurate. I started the buying process around Feb 2017. I was told the closing date was 12/7/17. The mortgage lender, referred by Ryan Homes, after 2 mandatory apps to NVR, was a total joke. After the first deposit of $2500 and 30 days later, another $7100, for total $9600... fast forward to Feb 2018, yes 2018 – 1 year later!! Ryan Homes cancels my contract, and the way I found out was when I called to verify the closing dates of either Feb 19 or Feb 23... I was told that I was emailed a letter telling me Ryan cancelled my contract and sold the townhome. They did all of this before the proposed closing dates and before I even got the denial letter from the mtg broker — who by the way, indicates in the letter, that I didn’t make enough income to purchase the property.

And... they are keeping my $9600 deposit. Janet, sales rep, referred me to Hasan, mtg broker, who ‘could get anyone financed.’ I needed a bank statement loan vs conventional loan. 6 months later, and daily ignoring my texts, calls and emails, the mtg broker starts to work on my loan less than 2 weeks before closing. Impossible, right? Right. Janet repeatedly told me that I’d get approved for a loan — not to worry. My realtor was present for most conversations with Janet. The mtg co demanded repeatedly, over and over, that I pay off this and that, which I did, until finally they required me to pay/settle a charged-off loan of 10 years ago. So I diligently pursue the task of trying to settle this account. After talking with the attorney firm about the settlement, I was advised to leave it alone. The end result would have been a $90,000 loan repayment for an original loan that was 34,000.

The real bite is this. The mtg broker offered me a 5 or 7-year arm. If I had settled and hence reopened that debt, there would have been no way to refi the arm and I would have gone into default losing my 15% downpayment, all of my $ investment and the property. Ryan Homes contract says that if the home buyer honestly does everything possible to get the mtg, then at their discretion, they may return your deposit. So after many phone calls, emails, text messages, no return anything from anyone involved in this entire transaction from Ryan Homes. The other reviews are accurate. The salespeople are desperate, the co has no ethics or morals. I think this whole deal was a scam from the beginning. What a nightmare it’s been. The mental stress, the $ expenses ie. temp living, storage units, all adds up. Please take the reviews seriously.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Highly Dissatisfied - Things that were told to us at the time of sale were completely different from what we have experienced post possession. At the time of move in – SOD was not installed, landscaping was not done, house was not cleaned, mailbox was not installed. All this when the move in date was extended by 40 days by Ryan. And this was just the beginning. After move in we started discovering various issues – hardwood floor making squeaky noises at several places, floor having chips at several places, electric switches installed in the most absurd way, finishing defects (poor paint job). We were told of the 1-year warranty at the time of sale. It was described as “when you move in furniture and stuff, there are things that get chipped and damaged”.

At 1 year mark, we will come back and fix anything that is broken. Now we are being told stuff differently. For everything we are being told that it is not covered under warranty. The SOD was installed 3 weeks after we moved in and 2 days before freeze. I am trying to think of anything good with Ryan Homes and the more I think, the poorer things come to my mind. I can go on and on without stopping. Completely disappointed. My suggestion to anyone looking for a new home – DO NOT BUY RYAN HOMES without reading the fine print and then have everything in writing.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 11, 2018

Ryan Homes in Greenville SC - So far I've came across 3 issues. 2 toilet flanges are backwards. Which is ridiculous. I'm redoing the master bathroom. The vanity light was rigged up to make it as easy as possible for them to install it. The sheetrock was torn open for the length of the vanity light. There was no electrical box. Just rigged up to make it work.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Our Venice took exactly 3 months to complete. We closed on the exact date that the Project Manager told us we would during our first meeting. The house is more than enough space for our (currently) 3-person family. We can also host big family parties and everyone can still see each other with the open floor plan. Some drawbacks: our driveway was poured too close to the winter; it's chipping and we're going through the process of getting it replaced. If we don't get it replaced, this review should be closer to 2 stars because it's really degrading fast.

The floors and walls are pretty thin - no insulation between rooms so you can hear every time someone plugs something into the walls. The air return in the kitchen is really loud. You can hear the water trickle down the pipes from the second floor because the pipes aren't insulated. If you get the chance, definitely insist on insulating the pipes behind the walls on the main floor. Best part about living in a Ryan community - really nice neighbors so far, many with young families like our own.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

As a single family house owner, I recommend that any new home buyer rethink twice before going to Ryan Homes. My complaints are countless. Windows disfunctioning after 1 year of delivering their so-called new homes. Drywall maintenance. Ceiling paints suck. Stairs rails are loose. Kitchenware is weak and not the best quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ryan Homes?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Ryan Homes has literally made my life a nightmare for 6 months. I could write a book about the problems with the house, but the biggest thing is they have zero professional morality. Even you asking for what you paid for is met with such a terrible reaction and you will never get anything but a quick cosmetic fix. Nothing is ever really corrected how it should be. Each problem just unveils the next problem. I have nearly lost my job having to stay home waiting on repair people. I am just so sad because I saved for several years to build this house and now I hate every moment of it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I recently purchased a home in the Forest Lake Subdivision in (Apopka) Florida. As one other reviewer pointed out. Purchasing a new home is not a cookie cutter process. You must be smart and do your homework. This will be the third newly built home that I had purchased. The first was very inexpensive and I had some surprises (like they did not cut the trees down in the backyard - not part of the contract and not a Ryan home), The second in a more upscale neighborhood and they did not install a thermostat (so the air constantly ran until I noticed it) and they put towel racks and toilet paper holders upside down and there was a leak in the foundation (Levitt and Sons). I was prepared when I went into my Ryan home (so I thought).

The loan process is the same anywhere: You will be asked to complete forms and send proof of your income, savings deposits, etc. Then a few months down the road you will be asked to resend the same forms. It is a headache, but part of the process. Ask questions and know what interest you can and want to afford. You may be able to buy down the points.

The sales process was easy, of course the salesperson is nice (they would not put a nasty sales person as your first contact), Mine was Jill. She walked us through the process and showed explained what to expect and was there through the entire process. The building then starts: You are assigned a building inspector (Mine was Jordan), He again walked through the process and timeline step by step. You then go home and wait for the house to be built. My suggestion is to visit the house often, after all there are many homes being built and many errors can occur along the way that are easier to fix while they are in the process. That is what I did and I caught a few things that I was not pleased with (no vent for the stove) and the supervisor had it corrected.

My only complaint is with the two by fours that they used in the building of my home. True they are covered by drywall, but it is the fact that I know they are there that bothers me. About twenty five percent of the two by fours looked like a rat chewed them up. I brought that to the supervisor's attention and he indicated that this is standard for builders. I looked at many of their other homes and it was not the case in them. I also had a problem with the drywall in the ceiling appeared to be sagging, but they fixed that.

Overall it is a great house, no problems so far (one month) and the supervisor, salespeople, and mortgage company delivered what they promised (except the two by fours that should have been used in a bomb fire). They would have a five but for them they have a 3.5 which I rounded up. If you are not a strong person who has the time to do your homework and patience to wait while the house is built and repaired then a new home may not be for you, go used and spend thirty grand having it remodeled (which will be worse).

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Ryan Homes has been a disaster from about 30 days after closing. I am currently listening to loud beeps from a cement truck that has been on our street since 3 AM and is almost 5. The quality of their work is extremely poor, even after they claim to have a 3rd party come in to review it. We did our punch list after moving in and of course noticed much bigger things after that point, which is why they push for you to do it as soon as possible. What they do “fix” on the list you provide is actually not truly fixing it but covering it up. For example, they had white paint from the trim on our hardwood floors and their “fix” was using a dark wood color crayon that is typically used for furniture nicks, which of course does not remove the paint, and was cleaned off when our cleaning people came. There is a broken tile in our shower, that due to the design in the tile was not noticed until after we were finished with our list of repairs.

I’m not sure how this was not noticed by Ryan Homes or the 3rd party if they are going over everything in such detail they claim to. There is a huge gash in drywall they painted over in our stairwell which went unnoticed by us because it is a very high stairwell, but again, not sure how they missed it. Before we moved in I specifically asked about getting a refrigerator up the stairs as they are narrow (townhome) and the project manager looked at me like I was stupid and said it would not be an issue, which was a complete lie. It was a huge issue. It did not fit (even after picking a smaller fridge than they said would fit) and had to have the drywall and stairwell destroyed (after paying painters because no one wants the standard white all over their house) which Ryan Homes said they would “fix”.

They argued that they would not paint back the color we just had paid thousands of dollars to have our house painted to (we had the paint to have them use) and wanted to fix it by painting their standard color over my grey in patches, which would have looked horrible and I would have to pay my painter to come back out to fix. After fighting they finally agreed to paint one coat of my color. The wooden stairs were beat up from shoving the fridge up, which they fixed by the same wood color crayon, leaving the gashes in the wood.

A couple months after moving in we lost our internet connection, come to find out Ryan Homes cut a cord during construction of the units across the street, and now we have 12 units with ugly orange wires all leading out our garages and Ryan Homes claims it is our internet providers’ (two separate companies) problem, even though we had the wire buried at one point and both internet providers have said they are happy to rebury the wire, once it is fixed. Not what I would expect out of a nearly $400k Home. These are just a couple examples, I have many many more. They push really hard for you to complete a survey as soon as you close which is when they act like they want to help and then once you complete it they do not care at all. I will never buy from them again and strongly urge others not to too.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ryan Homes has been a nightmare experience buying a home. They sold us a model not back from engineering and didn't let us know it was not completed. So now they are unilaterally changing the garages, taking away windows, making the patio smaller than the original plans. It is no longer a house we want to buy and they will not return our deposit. This realtor Kathy seems like she would do anything for a sale, including but not limited to lying, misrepresenting the product, not advising us of changes. We feel we were duped and were mislead into buying a model that doesn't exist. Their left hand truly does not know what their right hand is doing. Their timelines are WAY OFF. Never believe 6 months build. 9 months seems to be their average, which shows how incompetent they are.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

2 year old home. 2 foundation cracks in the exact area but on opposite sides of the home, one you can see daylight from the basement. With a straight face they’re telling me it’s not structural and have a nice day. I had a company come in and look at 1 that can be fixed without pulling out drywall... they felt so bad they discounted the repair because Ryan Homes are a bunch a scam artists. Still trying to get a Ryan to take responsibility for the other one. I have photos upon request.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I am a experienced homeowner and figured that the 1-star reviews were from inexperienced buyers with sour grapes. WRONG! In less than a year of owning the house, there has been substantial defects in the drywall, heating, flooring and significant water damage. Each time, Ryan Homes would shrug and claim that the house was built to spec. The project manager was condescending each time we brought up an issue and the fixes were all cosmetic. We had fewer issues with the 100 year colonial we sold to buy this new construction house. Please save yourself some time and money and do not ignore all of the terrible reviews for Ryan Homes.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Run. Run. Run. Bought a 5-year-old Ryan Home, Pheasant Ridge Area, Dayton OH. Shingles were already missing from the roof in 2004 - replaced in 2012. Concrete driveway slabs sinking and cracked. Basement wall cracked from window well corner to bottom of floor - led to flooding of basement. Front door was cockeyed. Caulk above bay window pulled away from wall - ruined ceiling. Windows were horrendous. Seals shot in the panes. Water leaked into wall - led to carpenter ant invasion. Spent $24,600 replacing all the windows. This off the top of my head. NEVER AGAIN! Pictures available if needed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

We were searching for a re-start in the Spring Hill area in 2015. We bought a home in the Grove Park Subdivision/ Ryan Homes/ Fox Ridge Homes, we were the 5th ones in the community to build. The home was pretty and things looked okay upon final inspection. It was one thing after the next after we moved in. Sloppy build, drywall was and to this day has many blemishes and imperfections.

After about a year of living here, in our laundry room, I noticed a wet ceiling! Upon inspection we were told that the builders decided not to wrap the AC Duct in the framework that leads into the living room as well, our entire ceiling had to be removed and replaced in the laundry room and a portion of the LR Duct had to be replaced. The granite had to be buffed, in which the company failed to finish the work leaving one side of my granite dull and needing repair. We had so many repairs that the entire Fox Ridge Staff refuses to talk to us, answer our calls because they build crap and I assume get sick of people complaining.

Advice for new builds check all doors, frames of doors, tile work, granite, baseboards. All listed were defects and we still have those in our home. The maintenance department is a JOKE, the staff is not nice and now we are dealing with a lot of rude homeowners that want this to be a party neighborhood, bad lawn care, eyesores within the subdivision. There are cars parked all along the streets, there are homes that have more than family living in them. Sheds put in front of your eyes with no style. If we would have known that this was the lower standard of living we would have never built here.

Every time I see a new person in the business office I want to warn them of what they are getting into buying one of these cheap overpriced homes. Behind these home closer to the road, the Homeowners will not even clear the land that does belong to Ryan, but once again they will not do their job. There are ATV and dirt bikes that race through the neighborhood in the warm months. Dogs that are Allowed to bark on a continual basis 10 ft from your bedroom, and so much more. There is a new builder in town, however, these homes will cost you they are running about 110.00 per sq.ft.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

MY husband and I waited 10 years before we bought our very first home. We saved and made major sacrifices for our family to have the perfect home and that's what we thought we had. First the HVAC was not installed correct, we have made numerous attempts to contact them and the HVAC people just pass the blame around and don't fix the problem. Second the interior paint sucks, you can't even look at it the wrong way without it staining. The floors are not level. The kitchen granite is not sealed and is stained. I have only been in the house since Nov 8, 2017. I still have no heat in most of the house and no one seems to care. The only thing I keep telling myself is that at least it's not another apartment.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We moved into our home February of 2016. Overall, we have had minor issues and most of them were resolved. However, this past week, Nashville, suffered unseasonably cold temperatures which caused the drainage pipes to freeze and our furnace stopped working. We called the Warranty furnace people and they could not give me a date or time as to when they could come and repair the furnace. I called a furnace company (Lee Company) outside of the warranty and they came out within a few hours of my call. They could not fix the furnace because the outside pipes were frozen. I was stunned.

I asked if we could do something different to at least heat the house. I was told they could hook the drainage pipes to the main pipe to go to the sewer but it wasn't up to code and they wouldn't do it. The technician told me that the builder put the wrong type of furnace for an attic install. I went and did some investigating before purchasing a new unit and to my surprise, over 13 people in my neighborhood are experiencing the same problem. I have contacted Ryan Homes and they told me it's not their policy to reimburse me for the new furnace. I let them know it was a design flaw but no word. We are in the process of finding out what we, as homeowners in Autumn Oaks, Brentwood, TN can do to have new furnaces put in.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I've been a Ryan Home owner for about 6 years now. I discovered by a leaking ceiling in my first year that "in my opinion" that engineering did not take into consideration the amount of condensation created by the furnace in the attic had the potential of freezing in frigid temperatures. To remedy that situation I wrapped the external portion of my condensate drain with heat tape. It worked until the power to the plug adjacent to the condensate line tripped and the condensate line froze again and another ceiling leak. I thought I'd share this information to warn others!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My husband and I bought home 2 years ago. We contacted Ryan shortly after 1 year to get necessary repairs needed. We thought they would contact us, but since we bought home at Christmas, I figured it was due to holidays that they hadn't contacted us. Once I did contact them right after first of year, less than 10 days after the 1 year mark, they gave us a very hard time about repairs. They finally agreed but we had to send them a list of specific repairs. Then I had tons of people calling me to make appointments. I wasn't sure who was doing what. I figured someone would be in charge and I could show them the problems.

That wasn't the case. It was chaos. So things got missed. I contacted Ryan Homes on multiple occasions to try and get the issues that were unfixed resolved, but they would not make any more repairs. Keep in mind, the house is around $350K and it had been a little over 1 year. I was amazed they didn't stand behind their product. I have seen other things in the home and am concerned there might be a structural issue. I would never buy another Ryan Home only because they do NOT stand behind their product.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

NEW RYAN RANCH HOME IN NEW YORK STATE - Much of the construction work kept getting put off until the end of the promised closing date, then rushed to get work done. Garage door opener wasn't installed till 2 days after closing. Garage floor was filthy with dirt, nails, and pieces of metal. We were promised that it would be cleaned up before our scheduled move in date. It was never done. I had to shop vac it myself. After moving in we found 3 gouges in linoleum. Showed this to proj. mgr. 3 weeks ago- still not repaired. Cannot believe the interior paint job. I have owned 7 other houses before this one, but this is the first one that I can see the drywall seams in the ceiling thru the paint. The walls cannot be touched or the paint smudges so bad it cannot be removed. Both bathroom shower pipe holes in the drywall were butchered badly beyond the escutcheon so it is very visible. Showed proj. mgr. 3 weeks ago, still not repaired.

We also opted for the highest grade of appliances so we were astounded by getting an electric stove with the old fashioned coil rings. I didn't know that they were still being made. We expected to get a solid ceramic cooktop. The refrigerator is the old fashioned top freezer, nothing special. The outside of the front door was painted when the temperature was below freezing so the paint didn't dry, it froze and looks all speckled and cracked and must be repainted or the door replaced. The cross white trim piece that we paid extra for has not yet been installed above the garage. In their Orientation write up it says that Ryan will supply a Dehumidifier in the basement. We don't have one.

When the vinyl siding was installed the workers got mud and dirt all over the outside siding and wood trim pieces. They had days of good temperature after that to pressure wash the house but waited until the freezing temperatures arrived to tell us that now it's too late to do it because of the weather! We know that we have 1 year to get all this corrected but so far this has not been a pleasant experience. I most likely missed mentioning some other items but this is Christmas day and I am now going to try and enjoy the Holiday.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I wanted to share my experience with Ryan Homes because it is completely different from what the negative reviews below contain. Long story short, I have had a nothing-but-positive experience. Please keep in mind when reading the negative posts on this and other sites that you DO need to have a brain when working with Ryan. You also are going to need to read and sign a contract (like with any home), and fill out paperwork (like with any home), obtain a mortgage (like with any home), and do everything else that you need to do when buying a normal home. It's crazy I know but when I read the reviews below there is a common theme and that is that the purchasers did not do their homework and they thought that they were hiring a personal builder that would deliver a 100% flawless product in every regard.

If you are surprised that you need to pay more for stone over formica or hardwood over vinyl then you should not be purchasing a home. Go back to square one, research what you want and the ramifications, and then take on the task. One thing we were surprised about is that you need to buy your own refrigerator, washer, and dryer. Not a big deal and it's nice that the cost of these is not included in an interest-bearing mortgage but something important to point out when reading through the reviews of people complaining that their refrigerators and washers are broken and leaking within a year... not Ryan's issue! No home is perfect and no home site is perfect. Owning a home comes with costs both for unforeseeable maintenance and for easily planned maintenance. I think that most purchasers below did not plan appropriately and over-extended themselves and were left in an uncomfortable position post-closing.

The other scenario/explanation for the poor reviews is that the Ryan team in their area was sub-par. I get this; construction can vary widely across the country. The team in Rochester (Victor) is top notch so my experience had a high trajectory from the onset. Perhaps that makes my review location-based and location-specific but I hope it helps regardless. My wife and I decided to relocate from the greater-NYC area to Rochester NY to raise our family. We did not want to move into a house and do renovations; we wanted to build new. With one-year-old twin girls this was a no brainer and we were fortunate enough to have the option. Ryan Homes allowed us to do that.

Ryan Homes is not a "dream home builder" in the context of what MOST people might think. Ryan Homes does not have infinite options for finishes, they are not there to walk you through the site every other day, they do not store your items while building, it costs money to make changes after you give your approvals and say go, and they do not build decks, pools, and waterfall landscapes... If they did you would not be able to afford them. Ryan Homes is not your personal builder; you are buying a finished home from them that you gave a lot of input on. The dream is that the homes are new, quality builds, and you get to dictate a lot of custom items. The homes are move in ready and at the end of the day you have a brand new home. Hopefully you spent the time considering your options and you did it right. My wife and I did it right and we cannot wait to start our lives in the home.

The process for us has been incredibly smooth. Ryan has home building down to a science. From plot selection, to home selection, to finish selection, to coordination, to the final product we have not once felt overwhelmed or left behind. Confused? Sure. Worried we made the right choices? Of course! Our sales contact and Project Manager have been exceptional. So have the different sub-contractors that we met with. I cannot speak highly enough of them. They are personable, knowledgeable, always reachable, and endearing. Ryan has affiliated Mortgage and Insurance Companies. We went with the mortgage company but not the insurance so that we could bundle with our auto. There has NEVER been a shortage of information presented to us, every question has been answered, and we have never once felt duped or tricked into something. Big thanks to Ryan Homes.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

It all depends on your project manager. And ours was the best in the business. Do they get it up quick? Sure. But the efficient way they get things done is accurate. Are you going to have small problems? Of course you are. Like any builder you will. The Ryan Homes really takes to their customers and fixes these need to very quickly and timely. Where there are some problems with houses in my neighborhood? Sure. But our project manager and Ryan homes were there to fix every single problem.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We have been in our home 3 1/2 years. So far the refrigerator, washing machine & dishwasher broke. The fridge & dishwasher breakage resulted in flooding. Now our water heater broke even though we have our furnace & parts inspected twice a year & regularly serviced. Basement floor was flooded as a result. The plumber who fixed the water heater noted that all the plumbing pipes are plastic. We have had continual problems with our upgraded carpeting & cannot use any vacuum with a rotating brush, as it rips the carpet. When we called Ryan Homes they told us to call the carpet manufacturer. We did & they told us to call Ryan Homes, who then told us to call the installer, who then told us to call Ryan Homes and/or the manufacturer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Ryan Homes you will lose all the customers with your stupid and bad people who work for you. The moment I signed your contract it was the worst thing and the answers your employees give are horrible. The manager who built the house made us to feel really bad with his arrogant answers and the solutions they provide with problems in the house is so stupid. Even though the house is under warranty Ryan Homes will try to escape without fixing. For water leaks from tubs to the main floor they will say the tub cannot hold more than 30 minutes and it will leak to your ceilings. I dont recommend Ryan Homes.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The home I selected at Edison Square was to be my first home purchase. When I first arrived I was greeted by Amanda (Mandy) **. I was approved through NVR Mortgage as well (these companies work together) and customer service declined after the paperwork was signed. I was mislead throughout the process and ultimately changed my mind after paying them over $6800 in earnest money. The following issues occurred:

Lie #1: I asked Mandy ** if the home was North facing as the compass on the marketing map in the office displayed a North facing direction for lot **. I was told the compass was incorrect. I found that odd but understand things get printed incorrectly. To my amazement and after signing paperwork I discovered the home WAS North facing in some capacity (NW).

Lie #2: I was set up with Guardian to make additions to the home such as a security system, surround sound systems etc and asked prior to signing if the addition of any items through Guardian would increase my downpayment. I was told "No" and that any additions would only increase my monthly mortgage amount by $5.00. Lisa ** provided me with this information. I met with Mandy ** on Monday, 10/2 and was told Lisa was not in a position to state this as she has "nothing to do" with the monetary side of the home purchase. I was dumbfounded since everything is in writing and yet no one wanted to admit this is not an ok practice. This caused me to be trapped with additions I would not have purchased had Ms. ** been honest about the increase in down payment. Ryan Homes attempted to fix this issue by refunding the amount I added through Guardian but it was not without attitude from Mandy **.

Lie #3: I specifically told Mandy ** and NVR Mortgage that I would need the entire month of December in order to complete the line items NVR requested to approve the loan. During signing I was told that would be no problem. I stopped by on Thursday 9/21 to show my friends the model homes and Mandy asked if I was ready for my closing date (12/29). I was shocked at this question since we were so far in advance and Mandy also looked confused and started typing on her CPU to confirm the closing date. I left without getting an answer to this odd transaction between us. Fast forward to Friday, 9/29 as I am dropping off $1300 in certified funds to Mandy and at this time I was told my closing date is in Nov or 2nd week in Dec. When I stated my contract reads 12/29 Mandy's dismissive comment was "well the contract reads on or before".

I thought this was quite rude as I CLEARLY stated I could not close prior to 12/29 and now that I am locked in a contract things are starting to change. On Monday, 10/2 Mandy's tone changed while my agent was with me and she stated "the contract says 12/29 so we will honor that". That was a convenient change all of a sudden since she had no problem telling me on or BEFORE 12/29 just the Friday before 10/2.

Issue #1 - Jeff ** with NVR Mortgage was sent a detailed email on 9/14 providing NVR with a schedule of pay off dates and asking him to confirm the amount to bring to closing. His reply was "thanks for the update". I had to follow-up/chase Jeff ** by emailing/calling 3 additional times before being answered. The excuse was "sorry I was on my iPhone and didn't read the email all the way". This is a poor excuse in my opinion.

Issue #2 - Mandy ** is a complete bully and did not appear to want to let me out of my contract. She kept using psychological verbiage such as "we are building you a $229000 home", "we took your $500 (as if this money meant nothing) and started building you a home". This home would've been built whether my name was on the contract or not. She also stated she had 2 other people she could sell this home to and I wonder why she doesn't just do that instead of bullying me into this home.

I wrote this review to protect anyone interested in purchasing a Ryan Home. Bring a buyers agent with you as these people are not on your side and change tone once the contract is signed. BEWARE! My first home purchase has ended in stress, anxiety, and a potential loss of $6800+ as they do not want to admit responsibility for the grievances they have caused me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Contracted with Ryan Homes to build me a $478K home in the Old Harbor Estates in Lewis Center, Ohio and what I got was a terrible built house full of defects and poor craftsmanship that's not even worth $200K. Ryan Homes strong-armed me into closing yesterday (9/29/17) even though the house was incomplete, still needing stonework done, vanity top installed among other things. Furthermore they conveyed a home to me that was in need of much cleaning and refused to clean it. Ryan Homes will not return phone calls or emails. Please do not do business with Ryan Homes or there is a good chance you will get a lemon.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

MY experience with RYAN Homes overall has been ok. While going through the actual build, sales girl was nice. Problems I experience: Roof repairs after 3 years, crappy subcontractor's' Poor workmanship on my bathroom tile, had to have it ripped out before closing and retile. Entire lower level flooring had to be take out and replaced 1 year into living in house because it lifted and buckled. Bathtub cracked in 6 months. Insulation and window leaks, appliances that I upgraded, had issues within the first year. Our lawn had less than the required soil amount for grass to grow, we had to pay to have 52 yards of soil dropped and multiple seedings for a lawn, at our expense.

Put it this way. Your house and everything it was built with is only considered their problem for 10 months. After that you are screwed. I built my home and moved in December 2013, I SOLD THIS HOUSE!! Once I get the radon issue solved, and pay to have a medication system install at my expense, I will never look back. I will never build a RYAN HOME AGAIN, Do yourself a favor and shop around, pay a little extra if necessary because price is not quality in the case.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

My experience is long and unpleasant. I am just a house owner for couple of months. I bought from them thinking they would give good quality. The quality of everything is horrible. Floor board is starting to peel in 3 months. I ended up paying very heavy for a town home with horrible quality. No adjustment for what you wish. They won't fix almost anything. A small service request takes a week for someone to attend to. I am so disappointed with dry wall paint. You just touch it and color gone. It is like living in a card board house paying 250k?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Everything was great with the home until the project manager begs you to give him a rating of all 10's on the survey. I did not give him all 10's and he calls to complain that he will not get his bonus this year and I am the only one that did not give him all 10's. It was completely unprofessional. He acted like a five year old and I do not even know how he got this job. The survey should be anonymous.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Ryan Homes builds to code and nothing more. I can not have tile flooring because my kitchen floor has sunk in 1/2 inch due to poor floor design. The foreman only gave me 10 bags of topsoil to amend the lake in my front yard due to poor grading. It cost me $5,000 to fix my front yard and another $5,000 to fix my kitchen floor sag and my house is less than 3 yrs old. My $8,000 composite deck is warped due to poor installation. My driveway is cracked from the poor grading. They didn't disclose 50 foot building setback in backyard. They have tried to fix a leak in my shower 2 times and it still leaks. They offer a warranty on their homes, but it is useless. They do poor work.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We recently purchased a Ryan Townhome and we purchased upgraded flooring. We picked the flooring out at the Touch of Color located near Sewickly, PA as that is where we were instructed to go. We have had nothing but problems with the poor quality flooring. Not covered for Pet damage, surface scratches. The flooring has indentations due to being soft. The Armstrong flooring is supposed to be Maple which is harder than Oak. We paid $14.00 sq.ft. for the upgraded flooring and no one wants to admit that it is crappy flooring. If I had a wish I would wish that the Ryan Homes project manager and his boss find themselves in the same boat. It's called Karma, Touch of Color and Ryan Homes will take your money and run. DO NOT PURCHASE A RYAN HOME OR FLOORING FROM TOUCH OF COLOR. THEY HAVE NO INTEGRITY.

Original review: July 31, 2017

My husband and I recently purchased a Ryan Homes in the Raleigh, NC area. The entire experience has been negative. Everyone seemed so nice and helpful when we were pursuing our new home and throughout the sales process, but as soon as you pay your down payment it is all downhill. The delays of 6+ months for construction that was supposed to take 5 months took nearly a year. We have been in the home for 4 months and have had our AC repaired 4 times, a gas leak and our granite that you cannot even set a cup on that leaves water stains. The granite is what has been my biggest issue. We reported after two weeks of being in the home that the granite was leaving water stains from cups that had some condensation on them. They had ensured us that the granite had been sealed, but they came out for a service call and removed stains and resealed.

After two more attempts of this, we requested to have them replace the granite as it was an obvious defect. We have had granite in our last two houses and they never stained. Ryan Homes refused to replace the granite. It is unfortunate, but our overall experience has been terrible and I will never recommend to any that they purchase a Ryan Homes.

Ryan Homes Company Information