RE/MAX

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

251 RE/MAX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Many promises that were not fulfilled and expectations that were not fulfilled AND Worst Company. In the last year (2018) I had to email/call Dave ** to remind him of my payment is LATE (a week or 3 week). He is the most irresponsible agent we found in our life and full of lies. We gave Dave ** two chances and both were bad experience as property manager and selling our house. He sold the house Sept 2018 and until today Feb 2019 still working with title company and the unprofessional agent because Dave ** working with his feet, plus HOW WE forget his threats he did 5 months after closing the house, but we talked to the title because supposedly title company called us but in REAL title company never called us and never got that INF dude, DAVE ** RE/MAX...AKA TBG LONESTAR PROPERTIES LLC. This is not the way to do business.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased a property under the under a representation in the listing that the property was perfect for horses. It was only after closing that I was informed that in fact horses were NOT allowed on the property. This caused me to hire an attorney and fight this issue in court. This process took two years and four months of my time as well as around $100,000 in losses. Deborah **, Phillip ** (her broker), and RE/MAX were very assuring prior to purchase that horses were in fact allowed on this property and thus were of no help in this matter. Ms. ** was originally very apologetic and offered to resale the property for me at zero cost.

However, she stated that she would still list the property as allowing horses. I did not follow through with this offer because I did not want to put someone else in the same situation as myself. A case was opened against Ms. ** with the Georgia Real Estate Commission and she was sanctioned/fined by the Georgia Real Estate Commission. I have attached the public records in regards to this matter. I do not trust these individuals or the company that they work for and would advise you look elsewhere for any real estate needs.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Watch out for Fannin County cabins: I got a Remax Agent after calling Nathan Fitts office in Blueridge Ga. My agent's name was Richie **. The homes and cabins in this small area are well known. The cabin I bought was on and off the market many times. Kenny ** was the listing agent. I had to called a plumber due to immediate water issues I had the week after closing. I just happen to call the same plumber that was used more than a year ago by the out of town owner. Apparently the 50 to 60 % of the plumbing had been replaced due to frozen pipes, and the master bathroom toilet was cracked at the time. The water line to the toilet has been compounded together, and a smaller one place in the house. None of this was disclosed in the disclosure before the sale. The owners were not living here.

Unsure how long the house set cold, damp and wet. The wall of the wooden house have been partly sanded off and black mold is growing over where it was sanded. There is black mold all over the wood in the cathedral ceiling. I have found mold removal spray and sandpaper left behind by whomever was attempting to clean up and hide the mold issue. Mold is now bleeding back through all the walls. What I get from my agent's office is to send a certified letter of intent to the owners...who may acknowledge it or not. After the sale and fraudulent disclosure it took threatening to report the agents to the Georgia Board of Realtors to get any response from anyone. The response I got from my agent was that the listing agent was out of town due to a family death. Trying to find out who came out to the house in the small town to sand the mold off the walls and do the cleanup.

All the caulking had been removed from around every bathroom and kitchen area. The mold was not noticeable when the house was shown to me. I did get an inspection by a company suggested to me by the Bank I financed through. With the owners not living here or in the state someone else was managing and Covering up this issue with black mold due to dampness and disclosed water and mold issues. I do know the son of the owner came down from New York when the freeze of 2017 happened and the pipes were discovered. Home inspectors do not check for mold. There is a mold inspector on the way out now. The cabin may not be livable.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We agreed on a purchase price contingent upon a home inspection. Earnest money in the amount chosen by the realtor was deposited in escrow. We were told many times that we would get our money returned if the contract did not reach completion. Several problems were discovered during the inspection. Roof, AC and mold in the crawl space, plus several minor complaints by the licensed inspector. Estimates for repairs/replacement were obtained. Seller refused to make repairs or replace the major items needed, or return the earnest money. Our agent kept repeating this has never happened before. You can go to small claims court, or get an attorney, but it would be equally expensive. Since we live in a different state, it was not practical.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The inspection revealed the house was falsely listed by the seller's agent as having four bedrooms. For a reason different from that identified in the inspection report, the "fourth" bedroom was identified as such in violation of state law. In other words, the "fourth" bedroom did not meet the legal definition of a bedroom. The listing was in violation of safety requirements and state law. The disclosure stated there was a water filtration system in house; however, it was bypassed. No explanation of why. The disclosure stated the property had a new septic system. This was false by omission. The inspection reported part of the septic system was new, and the rest was damaged and beyond its useful life.

The buried propane tank age estimate was falsified by the agent/owners. The buyer on the contract withdrew the offer 19 hours after the deadline, based on an accumulation of false information provided, verified by observation and inspection reports. The seller's agent demanded the full deposit of $6,000, plus an additional $14,000 from the buyer. The buyer declined. By taking this action, the seller's agent held up the sellers from relisting the property. The seller's agent formally filed four charges against the buyer's agent, two of which were immediately dismissed. The seller's agent held up the relisting of the seller's property for three months, as a result of her vindictive actions.

I had similar experiences with another Re/Max office. I will not do business with any Re/Max office. Their culture/business model encourages (by experience) bad behavior. More specifically, I will not engage with a Re/Max agent on either side of the transaction, regardless of which side I'm on (seller or buyer). There are enough (and consistent nature of) complaints about Re/Max to support everything in this review. If you see a Re/Max agency involved with your transaction, RUN AWAY as fast as you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RE/MAX?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

FRAUD ALERT! Tyler ** was my real estate agent on a very large real estate transaction in Northern Virginia. He was not supposed to be my agent as we were just two friends looking at houses together. We stopped by a new residential construction just to look at it. When I agreed to purchase the property I signed a contract agreeing to pay Tyler a 2% commission with 1% back to me.

Tyler told me he was very angry about this arrangement and chose to cut himself out of the building process and speaking to me the past ten months during construction. He was very upset about only receiving 2% instead of the full 3%. I have not heard from Tyler since we signed the agreement last March 2018. When I confronted him on having zero contact with me this last week he argued that he tried to involve himself but I cut him out of the process. Total lie and completely fabricated!

Because he has had no contact with me I asked him to split his commission with me (50/50) so I was only asking for an additional .5% back due to the fact he had not represented me properly in this sale or process. He told me, "Nope - I'm only in this for a big payday at the end so don't expect anything else from me!" I could not believe he even uttered those words! I post this review to warn others about potential fraud working with Tyler **.

In response, I called his Agent, Andrew ** with REMAX Distinctive and to explain what had occurred. Mr. ** told me there is nothing he will do about it. Tyler apparently told his Broker that he tried over and over to reach me and be apart of the process which was completely untrue! Please be very wary of this real estate agent. He has no problems taking your money, signing his name to contracts in hopes for a "big payday" but when it comes time for real work he will leave you dry and stab you in the back! Needless to say, our friendship has been severed!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We worked with RE/MAX to sell my dad's home in Houston, Texas. The RE/MAX team was slow, unresponsive, did not proactively provide information, delaying the sale process for weeks. More egregiously, on the day of the sale the agents informed us they had promised the buyer we, the sellers, would finance out of pocket repairs that the buyer did not inform us of. This promise was done without our consent, and RE/MAX instead argued on behalf of the buyer telling us their stories of woe when they are paid to represent our interests. The result is RE/MAX demanding we pay a third party contractor for repairs we did not authorize on the home after it has sold. Avoid RE/MAX Houston, Harris County and their entire team.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

RE/MAX Leading Edge in Maryland - The landlords that they represent they allow to do illegal transactions and or try and get over their tenants. They do not ensure that their landlord places the security deposit in a escrows account and instead of being honest and fair they will try to rob you blind!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Diana ** as well as the managers and employees at Remax of Lakeport should not be allowed to sell homes. I have purchased and sold nine homes all over the United States. I have had some horrible realtors but Diana was the worst. Please save yourself and do not buy from Remax and do not buy in Lakeport. I was not given any information about Lakeport and the lake that the house was 3 blocks from. Nor did she tell me how horrible the house was, even though her aunt lived two doors down and would have known all about the condition. She would not allow me to look under the rugs to see why the floor had trouble, nor tell me the history of the home.

Apparently it was on the market for a while. She sold it because she did not disclose anything. Maybe that is legal but not ethical. She was bragging that she had sold 20 homes that year. if all you have to do in CA is show the home, without regard for the persons buying it, without ethics to disclose anything, then DO NOT buy from them. The list of things that happened with Remax and Diana ** is too long to list. I looked at another home with them that was in even worse condition and they lied to me constantly. Do not waste your time with them, Please.

I spent two years and tons of money trying to get the house in functioning order. If you want to live in Lakeport know that you cannot go into the lake. It is contaminated. Know that most the workers are on drugs so do not expect good workers at any level. Watch out for scammers. Sterling shores is not a place to live. The management is horrible. Which she could have told me.

The title company is just as horrible. The Manufactured homes sell like cars. You do not need to go through the Title company! Beware. But ReMax and the Title company are tight. Scammers. All you have to do is go through the DHA? In Sacramento who do all the paperwork. Do not pay anyone for title search. It's a scam for Lakeport to make money. Most out of towners come into Lakeport, fix up a home or have one built, realize where they are (Lakeport) and then put the house on the market and leave. I was one of them. Do not be fooled. Get out of Lakeport, Ca.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I highly recommend Jennifer ** with Re/Max in Central Illinois as your real estate agent! She sold my home in 9 days. She paid for a professional Stager to come in and help me declutter and rearrange my home to make it the most appealing to buyers. It worked! She even assisted me with staging my home by loaning me some of her personal items. When it came time to move, Jennifer had a huge enclosed trailer that she allowed us to use for as long as we needed. On the flip side, we also worked with Jennifer to buy a home that was in foreclosure. She was extremely responsive to all the questions that we had going through the purchasing process. She always responded right away when I called or texted her. I can't recommend her highly enough! You won't be disappointed!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have nothing good to say about Kevin **, a real estate salesperson for RE/MAX Results in southern Ramsey County and Dakota County, MN. He seems to lack knowledge, expertise, integrity and professionalism. He also demonstrated a remarkable inability or unwillingness to adhere to his fiduciary duties and to follow the Minnesota Association of Realtors' Code of Ethics.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have been dealing with this real estate co. (agent) for over 2 yrs now seeing how they are handling a rental property and now that same property is being listed for sale. The agent (a Very old tiny woman) has lied to potential buyers which is now costing a sale but more importantly, she has been so rude and backstabbing, cutthroat and sneaky throughout the 2 yrs of encounters that she has left me no other option other than to post this (Very honest) review in hopes of warning others which hopefully will save them from the same such headaches. I can not believe her actions. It is truly sad to read all of the other reviews NOW after such a long battle with ignorance but it all makes sense now after reading them.

Wow, someone needs to address her actions with her boss because I can say first hand that her lying to a potential buyer thus costing a sale not only is wrong but causes that buyer heartaches too. I wonder if she even realizes that or even cares? There is NO NEED to lie as she has by not at all making the seller aware of a counter offer but instead just emailing that buyer back with the same terms of the first offer (and saying it was sellers reply which it wasn't because she NEVER even made seller aware of that counter). Heck, that counteroffer was never even presented to seller at all & I have proof of that which is all time stamped & dated but hey, will it make a difference? Probably not. If her boss ever reads this and cares, perhaps he/she might want that proof? I will keep it avail. Time will tell. All I can say is READ the reviews before hiring this company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The experience with this office with the most horrific experience I’ve ever had! I’ve bought and sold numerous properties. Have never encountered an organization so ruthless with no regard to humility! I asked the agent Rafique ** to notify when people were going to see the house because I still had all my person belongings there. He never bothered to notify me, he even gave the pin to random people to go see it WITHOUT an agent. There were 2 offers made that he never bothered to present to me because he wanted to sell it to his family members for -30k less than listed.

Once I uncovered the unethical and unprofessional actions I asked him to remove the listing! He continued to allow people to go to my house and went as far as harassing myself and my family! He even threatened our personal safety! I attempted to still be civil about the situation and reached out to the managing broker William ** who disregarded the situation entirely and never bothered to address my concerns! I had to get authorities and LARA involved! It’s heartbreaking to think that someone you hire to help with your largest asset can be so cruel and evil! I wish I would never encounter this office!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

RE/MAX agent in NY was selling my house while I lived NC. She allowed people to move in without a closing date. I found out by going up on July 4th and to my surprise my empty house was full. They were not expecting me to make the trip. Of course all parties denied it but with a lock box on it you can't lie to convincingly. Do not trust RE/MAX out of Wellsville NY or Howard Hanna or DBP Realty of Olean. They all denied giving out key to move in but both had combination to lock box. All this without a closing date, money being exchanged or my knowledge. BEWARE of these three shady realtors.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been trying to get a local agent to stop sending me advertising brochures for over a year now and despite repeated phone calls to said agent and apologies and promises to have my name removed from their mailing list I am still receiving their junk mail. This is the second time I have experienced this from a RE/MAX agent. The first time was when I purchased a home from my local agent (who was not a RE/MAX agent) through an M.L.S. listing of a RE/MAX agent, this agent decided without my permission to do to start send promotional items to me.

It was only after numerous phone calls and then finally in exasperation at my repeated polite requests to stop that I became VERY extreporous with said agent and was finally able to get them to stop. This time I moved to a new town and rented a new P.O. box and these mailings have been coming to my box in the name of a previous occupant and as before despite repeated calls to said agent request them to stop sending these mailings they are still coming like clockwork. The last two times I called the excuse given for the continued mailings was that it was very difficult to and tricky to understand the program that allows them to cancel my address from their list.

If just canceling an address is SO difficult for a RE/MAX agent what must the complexities of navigating the purchase or sale of a house must be for these people. I can assure you after my last two experiences with RE/MAX agents I DEFINITELY DO NOT recommend using RE/MAX to purchase or sell your home. In fact I doubt you would even want to look at a Property listed by this company even if you are using your own agent. But hey this is just my opinion. You should decide for yourself.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Very poor handling or none handling of my home listing. No open house, no call backs, no follow ups. Yes house is dated but priced accordingly. I believe since it was a house with large commission check it was ignored. 67 days wasted. If they did not want to handle the house they should have refused in the first place. I fell for the HYPE... From now on remember If it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My husband and I just bought a house from a man named Zechariah **. It was supposedly in "move in" condition when we placed the bid on it. When we got the inspection report, it showed about 2 dozen things that he listed as being in "poor" condition. We asked Mr. **, through his agent Lisa ** from Remax Advantage in Antioch, IL, to fix the things which were glaringly wrong. My husband and I, and Mr. ** and his agent literally battled back and forth for 3 and a half weeks with amendment after amendment, trying to get some semblance of things fixed or replaced. They refused to fix the roof on the garage, which will most likely cave in this winter with a heavy snowfall. They wouldn't fix or give us a new garage door or opener because, even though it is out of code now, it is not illegal.

They supposedly fixed the gutters, but one of the gutters has already fallen off, because the bricks they used to hold it in place fell. They refused to replace or fix gas leaks on the water heater or the range. There was an illegal connection on the dryer, which needed to be repaired. When I typed this, July 30, 2018, we had had our gas shut off for 5 DAYS because the gas company was called and saw 3 major leaks (which Mr. ** "conveniently" had gas turned off to the house during the inspection, hence the reason our inspector didn't catch the leaks). We got them repaired on July 31, 2018, ON OUR DIME, because he wouldn't fix them like he should have.

The bathroom tub was "painted" with the special tub paint to make it look white again, but it is already flaking off. A couple of parts were missed altogether. The shower doors were installed backwards and in addition, they were installed so tight, I can barely get them open to take a shower. The fridge doors were installed with right hinged hinges, when they should be left hinged. The stove he gave us was very old and fortunately, we got one donated to us which is in much better shape. The washer/dryer combo he supplied to us doesn't work, so that will need to be replaced. We got a new AC unit, but only because we agreed to "up the price" of the house to cover about half the cost for the AC unit (the original was in really bad shape and it was from 1989).

Then when we complained about things still not being fixed (per a second inspection by the same inspector), they threatened to take away our earnest money and be done with the deal, if we reneged on the contract. As far as I am concerned, the contract was made under "questionable pretenses" by the owner and agent. But we bought anyway and now we are stuck with a fixer-upper that we never intended to buy at my husband's and my age. I am a teacher on a teacher's salary and the only breadwinner because of medical issues with my husband. So, we were stuck buying a house which cost us more than what it is worth because it was all we could afford.

We didn't expect a perfect house, but we did expect to have these very badly needed repairs to be repaired. So, I write this review in hopes of helping other buyers to beware of Mr. ** and also Lisa ** from Remax Advantage. They both work in tandem with each other apparently (from the bit of research I did online). If you work with them, just do your due diligence in researching EVERYTHING before you buy OR make sure you have enough money to buy a really decent house. As Lisa stated directly in an email: "...they are expecting a house completely free of any problems which does not exist especially in this price range." I would never get involved with a "house flipper" for a living contractor ever again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My neighbor was put into a rehab center and she gave me permission to park into her parking space with a written notice and the Remax agent stated I could not park there and Mr. Tim ** is the agent. The association was ok with it then this Remax agent decided to go to the POA who is just the representative for Gayle ** and told the HOA that I could not park there despite my neighbor's permission. Basically he stripped her rights to make decisions and I really think this unethical. Mr. ** the agent is supposedly Ms. Gayle ** friend, yet he does not visit her nor respects her wishes. He is the agent to sell the townhome against Ms. ** will. This is truly unethical and so sad. I will never use a Remax agent again with this type of unprofessional unethical behavior. The unit he is selling is ** Vision Terrace in Vision One community in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Linda ** (Remax) thinks I work for her rather than the other way. In order to make the closing date I needed info for my mortgage broker and my realtor selling my property. My mortgage broker, realtor and I called her, texted her and emailed her with no answer costing me money for delays. She waited until last minute to tell me I needed $2,700 in HOA fees prior to the sale.

I found the properties myself without her help. Property #1 she did not tell me that it was $10,000 over the appraisal costing me two weeks while my property sold in 4 days, putting me in big time stress to find another property that I qualify for, while having a closing date on my property to move out!! Property #2 in order to close all she had to do is submit the HOA application which takes 7-10 days to process, this was before I drove from Colorado to Florida in 4 days, when I get there nothing is done. Delaying the closing, to expedite the process down to 2 days she was supposed to pay $200, instead she takes her $200 check back and has me pay for her incompetence.

I’m a recently retired engineer, if I acted like her I would definitely not have a job. She gets paid $6000 for her services, by her actions she owes me. My realtor and mortgage broker can verify everything I’ve said and then some. She should not be able to work with the public, this experience is the worst I’ve had in my entire life and I’m 65. I feel like I’ve aged 5 years in a time in my life where time is so valuable.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased from Cheryl ** from Re/Max with an office in Hartford, Wisconsin. The second Real Estate Condition Report in 2015, the only RECR I received while showings, indicated that the property had no issues, and the property was sold as move-in-ready. Unknown to me at the time of buying, there was a Real Estate Condition Report from the previous year (2014) that did include that the place had a faulty roof. The leaks were concealed by a drywaller (verified by the drywall company) and the roof was never actually fixed. The HOA maintained a staunch position of absolutely not spending more money on the roof regardless of it leaking in like a waterfall (yes, I have lots of photos).

They told me to handle it the way they have always handled it which was to wait until the leaking stopped in summer, it dries out on its own and patch/paint over the drywall. I had conversations with both the roofing companies that the condo association consulted with about the faulty roof, and they both verified that the condition of the roof was very bad, leaking, and that the condo association refused their services to fix it (received the report with pictures from one of the companies). With the leaks concealed behind drywall patching, Ms. ** and her seller both verbally and on a legal document said nothing about the faulty roof or that it had been leaking the previous couple years.

I asked the broker for HOA documents and any repair/maintenance records and was told that I was not allowed those documents until I bought the place. I know that this should have been a red flag, but I was a naïve, single woman, first time homebuyer and everyone was so nice to me. They utilized some very clever sales tactics to induce me to buy a very distressed property. I thought that Ms. **, as a professional, would be honest and actually care that I received what I said I wanted in a property. I made it very clear that I did not want and could not live in a water-damaged building.

I did verbally ask about any water issues because of a severe mold sensitivity. I was told no knowledge of any leaks ever during the time the Seller owned it the previous 15 years before my purchase. The HOA, after I had water gushing down the walls immediately after I bought it, said that the leaking had been ongoing after a botched roofing job a couple years prior to me buying it. I reached out to Re/Max broker and the seller. They at first denied any knowledge; then the seller admitted in an e-mail to me that she knew of the roof leaks but the drywall company had "fixed" it. I ended up having to abandon the place less than a year after buying it, and wasn't even able to sell it because of that.

Plus I pulled up adhesive carpeting in the basement that revealed severe foundation damages which caused a potential buyer to cancel his offer when I tried to sell it (adhesive carpet was covering a wide, caulked gash in basement floor from wall to wall). On the RECR I received in 2015, they did indicate that there were some cracks in the walls of the basement but they had been checked and were not a foundation issue. I had a total of five foundation experts check it out and they told a completely different story after a sale was canceled when I tried to sell it. Damages to the foundation were a common element, HOA issue, but they said they would not fix it; and I did not have the $27,000 to repair the building's foundation.

The Real Estate Condition Report I received in 2015, did not say anything about this very wide cracked, caulked basement floor which was concealed by adhesive carpet tiles, just some cracks in the walls (seller left the carpet tile box with a PO dated for timeframe of putting it on the market). I did ask the broker from Re/Max if I could see any documents the seller had about the cracked basement walls being checked and not a foundation issue, but was denied that information.

This was clearly a very distressed property that failed to sell the previous year in 2014, with the faulty roof disclosed, so everything was hid and not disclosed to me in 2015; plus, questions were not answered about the property or intentionally lied about. I lost my first home to foreclosure which Ms. ** sold included losing my 50% downpayment. I lived there for less than a year with water rushing in, mold and a very hostile situation with the HOA in unsuccessfully trying to get them to fix common elements of that building. I ended up homeless after buying a property that Ms. ** from Re/Max sold for her friend/relative.

Original review: April 6, 2018

It's been a few months of me house hunting and I've had no luck. So I decided to reach out to a real estate agent to help speed the process... Well that was a bad idea or I chose the wrong company. I've left message after message. No one responded and when I call again the rep has an attitude with me as if I did something wrong. So here I am back to the drawing board... And again still no one has called or reached out to me about the voicemails I left.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My husband and I bought a home last summer from this real estate agent that is now with Re/Max no doubt because of the very negative reviews that we left with her former employer, Texas Home Group. My husband is a veteran and all through the buying process Ms. ** expressed how she gives 20% of her commission to veterans purchasing a home. She expressed this several times during the process, and we trusted her, believed her and banked on her promise. Then when it came time to prove herself, she backed out and decided that we had gotten enough money back at closing and changed her mind and when she was confronted she lied repeatedly and skulked off and we never heard or saw her again after we signed the closing documents. Ms. ** is untrustworthy and will talk a big game all through the buying process and then squander off like a coward all the while lying to veterans. Please be wary and do not trust this agent. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Sold my family a quarter of million dollar property. The problem is... It was listed and sold a traditional stick built HOME on about 5 acres. Cons: full of trees. The HOUSE failed inspection, all the windows leaked water into the basement over several years that it was empty, basement has black mold everywhere, sewage septic system failed inspection and has backed up raw sewage into the basement more than once. Then to top it off... It's NOT a traditional style family home, rather it's a DOUBLE WIDE trailer WAS hauled in by an 18 wheeler and sat on top of a concrete foundation and glued together.

When I found the metal plates under the kitchen sink indicating it's a trailer... We contacted 2 lawyers which they were scared to fight it. The agent LIED and she knows she did. She was never available to talk after the signing of the house. I mean TRAILER. This company is shady as hell. And wouldn't stand behind the altered contract which of course is VOID. This property has costed thousands of dollars just to move in. It should have been bulldozed down and sold as land only.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

** (RE/MAX Agent) at 2121 Lakeshore Blvd. W. Unit 1. One of the worst realtor out there. Be careful before dealing with him. He will misguide you and misinform you about most of the dealings. Especially if you go to him for a rental property. Rental basement he advertised on his Sister in law behalf. Told us to park on the grass and when we said we are uncomfortable in doing so since it should be interlocked before we park. He said "Your car is not made out of diamond" and canceled our lease agreement without giving possession 12 hours prior to our move in date. He was very dishonest in his dealings and provided wrong information on the AD as well.

He posted an AD on Facebook on his Sister in Law Behalf and mentioned he is legally appointed by her to do so. He also, collected 1st and last month rent from us on her behalf. Where he did not have his name on the Lease agreement. I would never recommend him to anyone unless they want to be mistreated and misinformed by him.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I used the Peterborough RE/MAX office with Sandy ** as our agent to sell our house and find a new one. Sandy is an exceptional agent. She was fun to work with. Very honest and precise and made the whole real estate deal stress free. If you are looking to buy or sell a home I highly recommend to you to call Peterborough RE/MAX office and ask for Sandy as your agent. The whole thing was a very pleasant experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My experience with RE/MAX was great, my realtor was Jaqueline **. She was a joy to have as a realtor made my process less stressful. I would highly recommend her to anyone that's looking to owning a home.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

One of the first selling points of my dream historic home by the listing agent from RE/MAX was "you're lucky this house is not in a flood zone." I paid for an inspection and appraisal and a private contractor to look at the home I had intended to spend my life in. I had an approved loan and all the insurance quotes and all the hoops jumped through. Half of my home packed and 2 weeks from my closing date, only to find my dream home is in a floodplain. Told by my loan company I would require a certificate for elevation for my loan that would cost me from 500 to 2000. As well as quotes for insurance for 800 for flood insurance and my regular insurance being 1309 a year, I realized I had been taken. Beware 1500 dollars a home is a lot towards a downpayment.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Nicholas ** (Mooresville, NC) was wonderful!!! It took him 4 days to find us a house. He's very knowledgeable, I've already recommended him to others. He's persistent, patient, and truly passionate about his job. He cares about his clients and takes every aspect of their life and makes sure the homes he finds suits them perfectly. He's honest, knows what you're looking for and makes sure you stay on track and will not let you settle for something you don't have your heart on. I could go on... I'm a very satisfied customer!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

RE/MAX First Choice Agent Mark ** was the listing agent for a home in Pompton Plains, NJ that we were interested in. After an open house and private showing that Mark insisted on being a part of, we decided we wanted to purchase the home. It was listed as having 2 living areas, with 2 new kitchens... We were looking for multi-generational homes so my Parents and My Family could combine our expenses. On multiple occasions, Mark ** explained how the kitchen could be set and an stove placed with gas lines in the ceiling... never once letting on that this wasn't a legal 2 kitchen home. It wasn't until our inspection that we discovered this... We confirmed with the township and they stated the same as our inspector, it's not a 2 kitchen home, can't have a stove or refrigerator legally.

So well within our inspection contingency our attorney canceled our contract and requested our earnest money deposit back. That was close to 2 months ago. The seller/attorney claims we are in breach of contract and states that the Selling Agent Mark ** from Re/max first choice explained to us that we would need a variance for this home to be considered a legal 2 kitchen home. That is a blatant lie, we wouldn't have even looked at the house if we had known it wasn't a legal 2 kitchen home, let alone sign a contract. So the seller/attorney is holding our Earnest Money Deposit hostage thanks to the unethical behavior by Re/max First Choice agent Mark **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My house did not sell so I took it off the market. I started getting phone calls, voicemail messages and texts all from different realtors across Minnesota. I also started getting calls at WORK and now they are leaving messages there. I am so disappointed in RE/MAX and their ethics. This is wrong on so many levels.

RE/MAX Company Information

RE/MAX
www.remax.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.