2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

RE/MAX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RE/MAX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about RE/MAX?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I will never use, promote or provide a reference for Remax Justin Havre or our realtor Larry **. Lack of professionalism or having understanding and client focus needs really lacked with this realtor. He showed up late for open houses, texted at midnight updates, booked more than one showing with less than 5 minutes notice and the “last straw” was booking a showing after he clearly knew the real estate contract had been cancelled earlier in the day. Horrible experience, save your time and money and go with another realtor and organization that is going to treat you with the respect a home seller deserves.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Made an appointment that they chose for a property an hour away. Realtor canceled 20 minutes before appointment. We drove an hour away and they never showed up nor kept in contact. Ended up leaving and will never use Remax again. Ally was extremely unprofessional.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Ms. Lisa **, realtor for Re/Max, led me to believe that we had a legitimate working realtor-client relationship. After the first afternoon we met and toured three houses, I asked if she would be willing to represent my wife and me, and she said she would be happy to do so. The problem was that the third house we toured that first afternoon, was the house I was interested in purchasing, if my wife liked it as much as I did (my wife was not available that first afternoon). Ms. ** was willing to show my wife the third house we had toured in the next day or two, but I never heard from Ms. ** other than a text message a few days later saying something happened that she had to take care of.

So I waited patiently for a follow-up communication. After all, her livelihood is based on earning commissions from our real estate transactions, and she had verbally committed to representing my wife and me. I assumed she would get in touch with me when her issue was resolved. When the pandemic hit, and it slowed or halted business operations, again I assumed Ms. ** would be even more willing to earn a commission off of my real estate transaction. But this did not occur as that third house we had toured and I was interested in purchasing sold during the pandemic. Apparently, Ms. ** and I could have pursued this transaction or a different real estate transaction at any point during the pandemic, but she chose to be unprofessional and unethical by not communicating to tell me that she no longer chose to represent my wife and me for whatever reason she had.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

My husband and I made an appointment with Mr. ** license #** from Remax Checkmate office located at 904 Sunset Drive, suite 1 Johnson City, Tennessee 37604. We had requested the day before if he could find some condominiums for us. We had one particular listings located at 37 Lake Village Ct # 37 we wanted to see. Well, Mr. ** showed up with no listings. We were the ones asking to see the condominiums that we had researched. Therefore we put an counter offer in cash for the one located at 37 Lake Village Ct # 37 and we provided also my email. It has been almost a week and the realtor vanished. We have not heard a word from him and sadly we were willing to pay the full price and the seller still have not sold the place. However, we will never do business with Remax again....Just bad business for both parties seller and buyer.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

This home is located at 34 Triple Crown Ct Windsor Mill Md 21244. This home is up for sale now, I was a renter, the owner is a scammer, and she doesn’t have money to fix things. The House has mold and a ton of plumbing problems.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I rented a property from ReMax for an upcoming vacation in Dewey Beach. I paid close to $1000 for deposit I also took the travel insurance to cover the trip in case anything happened for protection. I found out that I needed 2 major surgeries and had to cancel the trip. They only reimbursed me $650. I thought with insurance and documentation required for proof that I should get my money back. They even called to say the rebooked the place. Beware of this rental company and READ the contract. Carefully!!!! Will never do business again with them!!!!

Original review: July 16, 2020

I have been dealing with this company for a little over 6 months and I’ve had 3 contracts fall through for various reasons within days of closing, the last one within 6 days, they place blame elsewhere usually on other agents.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Re/Max refused to fix concerns in the rental house: Cooktop that would occasionally not turn off, electrical problems that caused a strobe effect throughout the entire house, exterior doors that would not close properly, door knobs that just fell apart in your hands, an oven door that would just drop open, dry wall tape hanging from the ceiling cause by clogged a/c overflow, etc. During our lease the problems got worse and worse. At one point they fix the cooktop because I said the house was going to burn down.

When I said I had to move our one month early because of the safety issues, they wanted me to take off work to meet repair professionals to fix the house for the next person. They charged me more than one month's rent for leaving early and kept my deposit - which was not applied to the charges. Once you sign the lease, forget getting anything fixed until you move out. Expect to be there to meet their repair professionals after you give notice. Also, plan on them inventing reasons for keeping your deposit.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We had a terrible experience with Karen ** of the St Augustine Fl Remax Group. She misrepresented the income of the vacation rental property we intended to purchase. We informed her that it was a cash offer. After providing statements from our bank, it was still not enough for her. She never committed in writing with her clients and acted like a cheap auctioneer upping the price and squeezing us into a corner. We got the impression that she was aiming to sell the property herself and collect the entire commission. We have purchased and sold numerous properties in our lifetime and never had such an aggravation and difficult agent to work with.

Original review: May 14, 2020

New house with excessive issues. Builder hires poor contractors to build their developments and she (Elizabeth) Jacksonville Fl area knew it. Bare wires in wall, broken beams in attic, defective kitchen cabinets, on closing they ignored check list, they use Docusign to go through closing quickly and now I find out that docusign is not completely legal. I complained to RE/Max and they did nothing.

RE/MAX Company Information