RE/MAX

233 RE/MAX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

Linda ** (Remax) thinks I work for her rather than the other way. In order to make the closing date I needed info for my mortgage broker and my realtor selling my property. My mortgage broker, realtor and I called her, texted her and emailed her with no answer costing me money for delays. She waited until last minute to tell me I needed $2,700 in HOA fees prior to the sale.

I found the properties myself without her help. Property #1 she did not tell me that it was $10,000 over the appraisal costing me two weeks while my property sold in 4 days, putting me in big time stress to find another property that I qualify for, while having a closing date on my property to move out!! Property #2 in order to close all she had to do is submit the HOA application which takes 7-10 days to process, this was before I drove from Colorado to Florida in 4 days, when I get there nothing is done. Delaying the closing, to expedite the process down to 2 days she was supposed to pay $200, instead she takes her $200 check back and has me pay for her incompetence.

I’m a recently retired engineer, if I acted like her I would definitely not have a job. She gets paid $6000 for her services, by her actions she owes me. My realtor and mortgage broker can verify everything I’ve said and then some. She should not be able to work with the public, this experience is the worst I’ve had in my entire life and I’m 65. I feel like I’ve aged 5 years in a time in my life where time is so valuable.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I purchased from Cheryl ** from Re/Max with an office in Hartford, Wisconsin. The second Real Estate Condition Report in 2015, the only RECR I received while showings, indicated that the property had no issues, and the property was sold as move-in-ready. Unknown to me at the time of buying, there was a Real Estate Condition Report from the previous year (2014) that did include that the place had a faulty roof. The leaks were concealed by a drywaller (verified by the drywall company) and the roof was never actually fixed. The HOA maintained a staunch position of absolutely not spending more money on the roof regardless of it leaking in like a waterfall (yes, I have lots of photos).

They told me to handle it the way they have always handled it which was to wait until the leaking stopped in summer, it dries out on its own and patch/paint over the drywall. I had conversations with both the roofing companies that the condo association consulted with about the faulty roof, and they both verified that the condition of the roof was very bad, leaking, and that the condo association refused their services to fix it (received the report with pictures from one of the companies). With the leaks concealed behind drywall patching, Ms. ** and her seller both verbally and on a legal document said nothing about the faulty roof or that it had been leaking the previous couple years.

I asked the broker for HOA documents and any repair/maintenance records and was told that I was not allowed those documents until I bought the place. I know that this should have been a red flag, but I was a naïve, single woman, first time homebuyer and everyone was so nice to me. They utilized some very clever sales tactics to induce me to buy a very distressed property. I thought that Ms. **, as a professional, would be honest and actually care that I received what I said I wanted in a property. I made it very clear that I did not want and could not live in a water-damaged building.

I did verbally ask about any water issues because of a severe mold sensitivity. I was told no knowledge of any leaks ever during the time the Seller owned it the previous 15 years before my purchase. The HOA, after I had water gushing down the walls immediately after I bought it, said that the leaking had been ongoing after a botched roofing job a couple years prior to me buying it. I reached out to Re/Max broker and the seller. They at first denied any knowledge; then the seller admitted in an e-mail to me that she knew of the roof leaks but the drywall company had "fixed" it. I ended up having to abandon the place less than a year after buying it, and wasn't even able to sell it because of that.

Plus I pulled up adhesive carpeting in the basement that revealed severe foundation damages which caused a potential buyer to cancel his offer when I tried to sell it (adhesive carpet was covering a wide, caulked gash in basement floor from wall to wall). On the RECR I received in 2015, they did indicate that there were some cracks in the walls of the basement but they had been checked and were not a foundation issue. I had a total of five foundation experts check it out and they told a completely different story after a sale was canceled when I tried to sell it. Damages to the foundation were a common element, HOA issue, but they said they would not fix it; and I did not have the $27,000 to repair the building's foundation.

The Real Estate Condition Report I received in 2015, did not say anything about this very wide cracked, caulked basement floor which was concealed by adhesive carpet tiles, just some cracks in the walls (seller left the carpet tile box with a PO dated for timeframe of putting it on the market). I did ask the broker from Re/Max if I could see any documents the seller had about the cracked basement walls being checked and not a foundation issue, but was denied that information.

This was clearly a very distressed property that failed to sell the previous year in 2014, with the faulty roof disclosed, so everything was hid and not disclosed to me in 2015; plus, questions were not answered about the property or intentionally lied about. I lost my first home to foreclosure which Ms. ** sold included losing my 50% downpayment. I lived there for less than a year with water rushing in, mold and a very hostile situation with the HOA in unsuccessfully trying to get them to fix common elements of that building. I ended up homeless after buying a property that Ms. ** from Re/Max sold for her friend/relative.

RE/MAX 233 Reviews and Complaints - Read Before You Buy

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 6, 2018

It's been a few months of me house hunting and I've had no luck. So I decided to reach out to a real estate agent to help speed the process... Well that was a bad idea or I chose the wrong company. I've left message after message. No one responded and when I call again the rep has an attitude with me as if I did something wrong. So here I am back to the drawing board... And again still no one has called or reached out to me about the voicemails I left.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My husband and I bought a home last summer from this real estate agent that is now with Re/Max no doubt because of the very negative reviews that we left with her former employer, Texas Home Group. My husband is a veteran and all through the buying process Ms. ** expressed how she gives 20% of her commission to veterans purchasing a home. She expressed this several times during the process, and we trusted her, believed her and banked on her promise. Then when it came time to prove herself, she backed out and decided that we had gotten enough money back at closing and changed her mind and when she was confronted she lied repeatedly and skulked off and we never heard or saw her again after we signed the closing documents. Ms. ** is untrustworthy and will talk a big game all through the buying process and then squander off like a coward all the while lying to veterans. Please be wary and do not trust this agent. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Sold my family a quarter of million dollar property. The problem is... It was listed and sold a traditional stick built HOME on about 5 acres. Cons: full of trees. The HOUSE failed inspection, all the windows leaked water into the basement over several years that it was empty, basement has black mold everywhere, sewage septic system failed inspection and has backed up raw sewage into the basement more than once. Then to top it off... It's NOT a traditional style family home, rather it's a DOUBLE WIDE trailer WAS hauled in by an 18 wheeler and sat on top of a concrete foundation and glued together.

When I found the metal plates under the kitchen sink indicating it's a trailer... We contacted 2 lawyers which they were scared to fight it. The agent LIED and she knows she did. She was never available to talk after the signing of the house. I mean TRAILER. This company is shady as hell. And wouldn't stand behind the altered contract which of course is VOID. This property has costed thousands of dollars just to move in. It should have been bulldozed down and sold as land only.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RE/MAX?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

** (RE/MAX Agent) at 2121 Lakeshore Blvd. W. Unit 1. One of the worst realtor out there. Be careful before dealing with him. He will misguide you and misinform you about most of the dealings. Especially if you go to him for a rental property. Rental basement he advertised on his Sister in law behalf. Told us to park on the grass and when we said we are uncomfortable in doing so since it should be interlocked before we park. He said "Your car is not made out of diamond" and canceled our lease agreement without giving possession 12 hours prior to our move in date. He was very dishonest in his dealings and provided wrong information on the AD as well.

He posted an AD on Facebook on his Sister in Law Behalf and mentioned he is legally appointed by her to do so. He also, collected 1st and last month rent from us on her behalf. Where he did not have his name on the Lease agreement. I would never recommend him to anyone unless they want to be mistreated and misinformed by him.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My wife and I used the Peterborough RE/MAX office with Sandy ** as our agent to sell our house and find a new one. Sandy is an exceptional agent. She was fun to work with. Very honest and precise and made the whole real estate deal stress free. If you are looking to buy or sell a home I highly recommend to you to call Peterborough RE/MAX office and ask for Sandy as your agent. The whole thing was a very pleasant experience.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My experience with RE/MAX was great, my realtor was Jaqueline **. She was a joy to have as a realtor made my process less stressful. I would highly recommend her to anyone that's looking to owning a home.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

One of the first selling points of my dream historic home by the listing agent from RE/MAX was "you're lucky this house is not in a flood zone." I paid for an inspection and appraisal and a private contractor to look at the home I had intended to spend my life in. I had an approved loan and all the insurance quotes and all the hoops jumped through. Half of my home packed and 2 weeks from my closing date, only to find my dream home is in a floodplain. Told by my loan company I would require a certificate for elevation for my loan that would cost me from 500 to 2000. As well as quotes for insurance for 800 for flood insurance and my regular insurance being 1309 a year, I realized I had been taken. Beware 1500 dollars a home is a lot towards a downpayment.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Nicholas ** (Mooresville, NC) was wonderful!!! It took him 4 days to find us a house. He's very knowledgeable, I've already recommended him to others. He's persistent, patient, and truly passionate about his job. He cares about his clients and takes every aspect of their life and makes sure the homes he finds suits them perfectly. He's honest, knows what you're looking for and makes sure you stay on track and will not let you settle for something you don't have your heart on. I could go on... I'm a very satisfied customer!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

RE/MAX First Choice Agent Mark ** was the listing agent for a home in Pompton Plains, NJ that we were interested in. After an open house and private showing that Mark insisted on being a part of, we decided we wanted to purchase the home. It was listed as having 2 living areas, with 2 new kitchens... We were looking for multi-generational homes so my Parents and My Family could combine our expenses. On multiple occasions, Mark ** explained how the kitchen could be set and an stove placed with gas lines in the ceiling... never once letting on that this wasn't a legal 2 kitchen home. It wasn't until our inspection that we discovered this... We confirmed with the township and they stated the same as our inspector, it's not a 2 kitchen home, can't have a stove or refrigerator legally.

So well within our inspection contingency our attorney canceled our contract and requested our earnest money deposit back. That was close to 2 months ago. The seller/attorney claims we are in breach of contract and states that the Selling Agent Mark ** from Re/max first choice explained to us that we would need a variance for this home to be considered a legal 2 kitchen home. That is a blatant lie, we wouldn't have even looked at the house if we had known it wasn't a legal 2 kitchen home, let alone sign a contract. So the seller/attorney is holding our Earnest Money Deposit hostage thanks to the unethical behavior by Re/max First Choice agent Mark **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My house did not sell so I took it off the market. I started getting phone calls, voicemail messages and texts all from different realtors across Minnesota. I also started getting calls at WORK and now they are leaving messages there. I am so disappointed in RE/MAX and their ethics. This is wrong on so many levels.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

We bought a house in Florida from Aaron **. He is a realtor for Remax in Trinity Florida. He promised to unlock a safe in our new house on the wall that we only discovered the day we did our walk through. There was a picture covering it so we did not notice it until the sellers moved. HE DID NOT take care of that issue. Worse than that, he lied to our home inspector and told him the sprinkling system worked. It was raining. It could not be checked.

Aaron dead bolted the door to our new house so when we closed and went to our new house we were LOCKED OUT. We called Aaron and he said it was "NOT HIS PROBLEM!" After 2 hours in the 90 degree heat and my sister getting heat stroke we had a locksmith show up. He broke the lock on our house for 200 dollars. We never heard from Aaron again. When you buy a house find a realtor from a friend. Also, in Fl it is as is so if they lie to you it is too bad. We found Aaron on a street driving through neighborhoods and gave him a chance. We suggest you do not do that.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I contacted a listing for an apartment viewing through Zillow.com, and the realtor, Amy **, from RE/MAX out of Clinton MA, 01510, contacted me. She insisted I fill out a "TransUnion Smart Move" application, so I followed the instructions, paid $35, and emailed her informing I wasn't finished. 6 hours later I get a response stating she "thinks it's rented, and isn't using SmartMove, she's using Zillow's application process." So I was led in the direction of completing and paying a fee for a service that wasn't required. I expressed my concern and noted I'd like reimbursement since she was the one instructing me to do this when it wasn't required. In return, I got a email from her stating she wasn't wrong and there's nothing she can do.

I mentioned I would be seeking her higher managements contact to resolve this, which is when she informed me she is the locations manager. From a renter, and a professional standpoint, the services I've received have been an absolute nightmare. The application also stated wrong fees and lease agreements. On Zillow, it was listed for 12 month, with 1st/last security. On her application she made me pay for, it was listed as 1st security and month-to-month. Her misinformation is due to lack of detail and assuming. I am very unsatisfied with the results of this interaction, and will never use or recommend any RE/MAX location as a realtor service.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I regret the day I met RE/MAX agent Veda **. I signed a contract for her to sell my home... I agreed to pay 4% commission if she found a buyer. Well she did not find the buyer... I found my own buyer and showed the house AND ended up paying her 1.5 % more commission than she should have earned... I was rushing and did not have the time to fight her in court... DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH HER... SHE'S DESPERATE AND GREEDY...

Original review: July 7, 2017

Shown home that was dirty and full of bed bugs. Agent admitted 350 dollars to rid our home after showing. Laughed at when complained, told it was treated. Agent never went in home? Also said central a/c it was very old and very broken. Total jerks.

Original review: June 30, 2017

My wife and I had a very disturbing experience with Northern Virginia RE/MAX Agent Dane **. ** was acting as the seller's agent for a property we were interested in purchasing earlier this year. We met ** at the property during the open house where he informed us that the sellers were not going to consider any contract offers with contingencies and we inferred from this that his message was that if we were planning to do so, we should not waste his time. We weren't, but this tactic to drive a certain type of potential buyers away left us with a bad first impression of **.

We decided to pass on the house, my wife wasn’t a fan of the kitchen and remodeling it right away would have put us over our budget at the listed price. We had a vacation planned that week and went out of town. While on vacation, our realtor contacted us. She had received a call from ** stating that the owners received a contract that they were not happy with and encouraged us to put in an offer at a "stated" amount.

We flew back the next day, walked through the home again and our agent contacted ** to let him know we were submitting a bid without any contingency clause and he assured us that no other bid had come in and it would be fine to get our final financial details in order and submit the bid the following morning. Moreover, he promised that if anything did come in, we would let our realtor know so we could submit our own bid.

Later that evening, our real estate app alerted us that the property was pending. In the handful of hours that had passed since speaking with our agent, ** had received and accepted a bid on behalf of his client and, despite all his assurances, not contacted us for our bid or a counter offer. We were frustrated and disappointed. After all, ** contacted us to put in an offer.

Fast-forward a month, and our app alerts us that the house is back on the market. Apparently, the contract had fallen through because the buyer had not been able to sell their home in time to close. That same day, we submitted a bid at an amount that ** had made known would be acceptable to his client. Our realtor and ** went back and forth over an addendum that seller wanted to add that was acceptable to us and we were left with the impression that we had a deal and the contract was signed by the client.

Later that evening, our realtor received a call from ** informing her that he just arrived at home and another offer for more money and a shorter closing period was waiting for him and he was taking it to his client. At no time did ** give us an opportunity to counter nor did he let us know the client decided to move forward with the other contract. The only way we found out the deal was done was when the status changed in the MRIS.

At this point, we had now been deceived by ** twice on the same property. We were devastated. After monitoring the market for more than a year, this was the house that fit everything we were looking for in a home and nothing has come on the market since that compares with the property. To add insult to injury, the closing cost on the accepted contract was at an amount that we would have met or beat.

While ** may have not done anything illegal, it is clear his moral code exists within a grey area. I have spoken to other agents that are familiar with ** and this seems to be the general impression of the way he operates - he will lie and make promises he never intends to keep. In short, buyer beware. If you are considering a property that lists ** as the seller's agent, you are likely in for a frustrating process. Do not take him at his word and don't think the deal is done until you have a signed contract in your hands.

Original review: June 26, 2017

We had an utterly horrific experience with this realtor. My family and I were ready to rent a home this office was showing, despite them having not showed up to show us the home (they sent their handyman to show it when we called, 15 minutes after our appointment with them). We had one small request, and it was one the handyman had already told us was no problem.

There was a ratty old cheap chandelier hanging in the open dining area that we wanted switched out with one of our own light fixtures. When we met with the manager and owner of this realty company, with security deposit in hand, she flat out refused. She told us that was where the chandelier goes, and we don't get to change anything. We asked her if she would at least talk to the homeowner, as she is just the realtor, and this seemed to engage her. She stood up and began yelling that the chandelier stays, and if we don't like it, we should leave. She then walked out of the room, leaving my family and I stunned. After a minute to collect ourselves, we went to leave, and she was in the hallway, berating us and making fun of us to one of her employees! I have never been treated this way in my entire life. Do NOT pay this company to rent your property, and definitely do not try to rent from her.

Original review: June 13, 2017

We contracted with The Souza Group, associated with Re/Max Real Estate, to sell our home. They were very professional and provided assistance from start to finish. We would recommend them to anyone thinking about selling their home in the California Central Valley. They are quite knowledgeable of this region.

Original review: May 16, 2017

On January 1 we decided to look for a home. After finding a home online that we wanted to see in person called the realtor, Emily **. She was willing to give up her New Years holiday. This impressed us tremendously. That particular home didn't pan out but she showed us our keeper that very day. Throughout the whole process she treated us as if we were the only customer she had. If you need a home in the Columbus, OH area you really need to see her. I think you will be just as happy as we were.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I had the misfortune of needing a RE/MAX agent to get a rental in Flagstaff. Her name is April, very suspicious and lacks knowledge about the property, presumptuous, and she is not available in town. Just don't waste your time.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Following a horrific divorce, I found a house through a friends realtor and had to sign a lease with Remax as the property manager. When I went in I had some legitimate questions. I asked about the financials of the house and the owner. I was assured that the owner had no liens or interest in coming back to live in the house.

Three months later I was sent a certified letter about an intended walk through of the house by the new owner. When I called Remax, they told me it was sold. Upon further findings I learned that the actually been in a short sale for the last 8 months. I picked the house for many reasons and wasn't planning on moving in a year. The new owner asked me to move and then complained about the condition of the house. It was like that when I rented it and I had pictures. Remax should have not lied to me and I wouldn't have rented it.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Westminster RE/MAX - Robyn was the worst agent ever... We nearly pulled the contract out from her & her clients for their lack of business skills & courtesy. Our realtor was a dream come true to carry us thru this absolute mess. Do not use that Robyn ever. OVERRATED!

Original review: April 29, 2017

Misrepresenting property, the broker intentionally misleading people. The appliances, the things and furniture do not belong to owner. Unauthorized pictures used, breaking tenant privacy. Broker advertising place as vacant, broke inside while tenant away. Sending people to intimidate and here's my family and my kids. Have a 2 year old and 5 months old. Just disgusted. Putting my kids in danger, using my things like I am a staging company for the property. Yep, so wrong and illegal. This is what happens in Blakeslee, PA. Disgusting. And the RE/MAX customer service don't even answer you. Yep this is RE/MAX for you. Be aware of the illegal practice and bullying. Be aware.

Original review: April 25, 2017

This should explain a lot. Basically the texts to our realtor. "I have yet to be rude to you. None of my texts are rude. They're straightforward. I am and will speak to the homeowner about how you texted Josh all them things and how the house isn't going to be ours anymore. I wanted a sign paper on the fence before signing. You stated you would speak to someone the other day and never got back to me on it until last night after I texted you. We contacted a fencing company yesterday for the fence."

"You stated you are off on Mondays which we did not know considering you were texting Josh yesterday and said to us, 'Call anytime you need'. I stated we won't sign until we get paper signed on the fence so you would have to wait till we met the homeowner to get something worked out or something. You are in this for the money, you haven't let the homeowner know everything that is being stated and what you are stating. You are rude and to say I cannot be involved in a house I am signing for blows my mind and I don't believe is right by any means. That is rude."

Carol ** is very rude. Hardly response and seems to be aggravated every time we have spoken. She has lied and tried to cover up her lies.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I banked on Ben and lost my shirt. I contacted a realtor BEN ** for a purchase of a house, unfortunately I didn't do my due diligence on him. Ben only does high end sales from 125K and up. Mostly affluent and well off neighborhoods. In addition Ben's communication was nil only when it was convenient for him. In addition Ben almost had me move into a house which may or may not have had stolen Appliances.

In addition I gave BEN ** the benefit of the doubt and continued as my window of opportunity was going to close and I needed to get a home inspection done. That is when I found out about faulty appliances as well. No serial numbers, no model numbers. I think if a realtor had any integrity, ethics or scruples in their soul they would opt to either work with the client and or refund the Home inspection fee, which was a hefty $400.00. In conclusion I got a home inspection done on a house that had faulty and or stolen appliances, as it is now I can not get a hold of Ben as he is always busy, or not available. Oh wow that's a shocker.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Had several properties turned over for this company to sell, not only did they not sell those properties but they embarrassed the buyers. This is the worst RE company I have ever done business with. Never again.

Original review: April 4, 2017

While listing I asked for 6 months. They asked for 12. We compromised per Charlotte **. They listed for $350,000... I was OK with that. Now they can not sell for that price and want to go down. I have over $500,000 in this home. For the last 3 months they have not had a sale go through this house. They can not sell it for that price. I can not sell it for less so I asked to get out of the contract. They want $250 dollars fee to cancel or I don't try to sell in the next 6 months. I feel like I'm being held hostage and can't sell this house unless I pay them, and they admit they can not sell this house. They did not give me a copy of the contract.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I called the Riverside Remax and spoke with Deborah **. I had a general question about approximately how much condo fees were. She didn't want to talk with me, so rude and unhelpful! Wow, it's OK if someone honestly can't answer. I understand. I DO NOT understand why anyone would pick up the phone and talk with people without a scrap of customer service. She created bad feelings with a potential client for absolutely no reason. Maybe she needs more rest or is on the wrong meds. It's called simple courtesy! I have purchased more than one home from Remax but I don't know if I'm ready for this kind of behavior for this next purchase. Oh well, there are lots of other agencies around.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Bought property for more than it was worth per agent. I asked Kris ** of Re-Max Realty in January of 2015 to choose, assist and direct me on buying a suitable property for a flip in Phoenix up to $150,000 and I told her we would share some of the profits as I am a 100% disabled Veteran and had lost money previously. The following email is an example of the math Miss ** used to convince me to buy property for another house she wanted me to buy. "If the house can be purchased for close to $270,000 then we can sell it for around $360,000". That would be a profit of approximating 100%, as a hard money loan of 80% of $270,00 is $216,000 leaving me to pay $54,000 and approximately $30,000 in Contractor costs which is $84,000 and selling for $80,000 profit. I reiterated that I was ok around $150,000 and would be very short on funds if I bought something this expensive.

On May 6, Kris ** emailed "I have seen over 160 homes in the last two weeks". Now I'm feeling guilty because of all the homes she claimed she has looked at on our behalf. Kris ** selected a house and on or around May 7-15 her emails stated; "2 offers on this". "We can beat them". During a contracted time prior to purchase I was inundated with emails, texts and calls and her repeated comments that "we would make at least a $100,000 in 90 days". I explained that I would have very little money left at that price left and "my financial future was in your hands". "Need to lighten this up and go soft modern, since it is wholesale they will make your $2500 earnest money non-refundable", is an example of her approach.

On May 18, Kris ** forwards an email to me that she received from seller's agent; "I believe and I'm sure you agree that your buyer is going to do really well on this property. We price our home knowing that they need some work - we are not making tons of money - we leave plenty of meat on the bone for our investors so they're happy. In the spirit of the transaction we will split that difference of $3000 with you." On May 19, I email her asking why we should be concerned with what the listing agent wants as listing agent is texting her about my intent, whether I'm an agent and whether I am playing games. Further on May 18 Kris ** texted me with the following, her broker allegedly states to her "may buy the property after I am done and if he does add $300,000”,“very lucky man Bruce” ,“I got your back”.

Miss ** told me I would have to pay the sellers commission of $11,000 which I did and then told me I would have to pay a further $25,000 plus to another company that to this day I have not understood. I do not know if they shared that $25,000 plus with Miss ** as I have since been told there is something wrong with paying the sellers commission as the buyer and also a fee to another company that had nothing to do with Re-max Realty that I am aware of.

I was repeatedly told by other realtors that something was not right when I spoke with them a couple of months after buying that house, worth no more than $260,000 at the time of purchase, much less the “wholesale” price ostensibly of $400,000+ I paid, a whopping $150,000 more than it was worth according to the realtors I spoke with (August 2015 when I had finished the remodel). Some agents priced the property in the $300,000’s. None came anywhere near Miss **’s statement to me that the house would sell for $575,000 after listing at $589,000-$599,000.

I have met and spoken with the former owner on many occasions and there "were no other offers," despite Miss **’s repeated statements to the contrary. In fact, the previous owner states he couldn't believe that the property was being sold at all much less for such a large amount as he was facing foreclosure. Miss ** statement, "Roof and AC less than two years." (In fact, AC units are 3 and 5 years old, not two.) After her inspection on the re-model where she remarked “turned out great", she refused to re-list the property and refrained from communicating with me. I finally sold house for $10,000 more than I paid for it after spending upwards of $150,000 over a year later. I entered into Chapter 7 bankruptcy and I am now living on Social Security and my VA benefits.

RE/MAX Company Information