1.7/5 (52 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Paramount Builders

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Paramount Builders Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paramount Builders?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paramount Builders?

Original review: July 31, 2020

I was apprehensive about putting out money for windows, thinking my old ones were fine. I was wrong. I'm glad we spoke with Paramount. There was no pressuring us into buying. They took their time explaining everything about the windows. The quality is unbeatable. We haven't been through a winter yet with the new windows, but I have no doubt we'll be seeing a drop in our electric bill. Once we signed the contract, the installer was here to measure, and when it was time for installation, the workers were very pleasant, and knew their job. When they were done, we were shown all of the "how-to's" until they were sure we had no more questions. Unfortunately, we couldn't replace all of our windows, but when the first ones get paid off, we will be replacing the rest. And definitely will use Paramount Builders again.

Paramount Builders response

Ms. Arlene, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate you and your business, especially at this time. Stay safe, PBI

Original review: July 29, 2020

Great experience. Workers were professional and courteous, the quality and craftsmanship are beyond reproach, they did exactly what they said they were going to do and very quickly. They left the area clean.

Thank you for your 5 star review Mr. Wayne! We appreciate you

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had Paramount Builders install siding on the house. During installation site manager said they needed to "TRIM" the bushes back. Their definition of trim was not the same as mine. They cut to the ground 30 plants and bushes to the ground. Some of them were 6 foot high. I had to pay $2,040 to have yard redone. Then when salesman came out to check on the install on 4/27. I asked about having a set of shutters installed. My wife had always wanted shutters installed. But she passed away unexpectedly right before the install. I was that they would give me a set of shutters free of charge. Attached is the paperwork.

Now going on 4 months still no shutters. Repeatedly weekly phone calls. I got promises of return calls. Numerous conversation with different people. No calls. Making even having paperwork does not help. I even asked just for a yes or no.. Nothing. Maybe if I had to pay for them I would of received them. BUYER BEWARE.. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR WORD.

Mr. Jeffrey,
I'm so sorry to hear that you feel lied to and had issues with your landscaping. We want to make it right. We have escalated this review to our President and you will be hearing from us shortly.

Paramount Builders

Original review: June 13, 2020

Updated on 09/22/2020: Location, Fredricksburg, VA. Let me down again. They came and fixed the siding and you can see the work that was done. They get mad at their customers and do a job like this. My siding was paid in full and this is the service I received. The real issue is they did the whole install wrong and that's why it's not the siding is not stay up.

Original: Our neighbor referred Paramount Builders. Big mistake. We decided to go with Sidings. After a month or two of install the siding starts to fall off the house. I called to make appointment for repairs. No ones comes out for 3 weeks! They fix the issue and the next year the siding starts to fall off again. I call it about a month for them to come out to fix the issue. The next year the siding falls off! Same routine and as I am telling you as I am typing this the siding is still falling off my house! This product and service is a joke! They know not to call or knock on my door to do another project with them. Run as fast as you can. It will be one less headache to deal with.

Paramount Builders response

Jocelin, I'm so sorry your siding is falling off. Our production manager, John, will be contacting you today! Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My message is don't make the same mistake that I made. Paramount Builders only wants to get as much money out of their "sucker customers" as possible. Service men that can over did a pitiful job. Their goal was to do the job as fast as possible. They could care less about quality of work. Stay away from these guys. You can definitely find another company that will do a much better job and you will also save a lot of money. I wasted my money, big time! My fault, my mistake. It will never happen again. They will never get near my house again. By the way, their customer service is also terrible. Zero help when I called about the sorry job they did!! Obviously they don"t care.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Anthony ** answered an ad I placed for work on my concrete driveway! He gave me a contract and said he could be done in four days the 10 days then almost a month later I fired him after him continually requiring more money which I paid since I was 800 miles away for Xmas holidays! He quoted concrete w/ fiber then charged me $992 for fiber! He said I needed 21 yards so since I was gone I signed a check and let him fill the amount in! He told me he made it out for 13 yards and paid the other 8 yards out of his pocket which he expected payment! Again this is almost a month later and still no concrete! I called the concrete company about my check. He said he had receipts for including the other 8 yards and the said they have been paid no money and only have an order for 13 yards! They are scam artists and we will be seeing each other in court.

Paramount Builders response

It seems as though you're mistaken. This is the site for Paramount Builders Inc. and we only sell windows, siding, trim, & doors. We do not do any concrete work. You seem to have the wrong company. I can assure you that this was not our doing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We had a rep walking door to door through or neighborhood. They got my husband to set up an appointment which we just had yesterday Monday 11/18 at 5 p.m. He was originally told that this consultation would only be 60 minutes so he agreed being that we both work and have an 8 month old child. While the gentleman Daniel was very informative and friendly. He was still going through his presentation at 7:00. Mind you I pull into my driveway from work at 5!! We had not started dinner, any of our next day prep because of this now 60 minute presentation dragging onto 2 hours.

We had to cut him off at 7 and say we will need to reschedule this for another time. However now that I'm thinking back on the experience- your rep did not wear booties over his shoes which ehh in some cases no big deal however we have a baby who is crawling. He didn't bring his own ladder to assess attic ceiling nor go up in the attic. We also received the same pitch as another reviewer that "Paramount is looking for 2 model homes in our neighborhood to be selling points and would receive x, y, z discount". I do think that we will be cancelling the upcoming appointment as we do not have another 2 hours to waste for something we were told would take 60 minutes..

Paramount Builders response

We appreciate you writing a review to inform us of your situation. Thank you for allowing our sales rep into your home. Understandably, many customers have questions so our appointments can run later than expected. Fortunately, we spoke with Daniel and he was able to get through everything but final measurements and offering a price which would last no longer than 30 mins. We see that you've reset for the 23rd at 10am and we'd love the opportunity to come out and give you a final price.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Moises did a great job of wrapping the columns on the porch and caulking those missed areas on the windows. He was very professional, courteous and well mannered. Good job Moises. Moises surveyed the job before he began and reviewed the work with us after it was done. He took his time to do a great job.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for the fantastic five star review! Our installers are the best of the best with tons of experience and product knowledge. We are glad to hear that Moises was able to take care of all your needs. Please contact us if you ever need anything else!

Original review: June 18, 2019

For the roofing job they were extremely high priced and kept calling their boss to get a "better price" for me. Would not leave and couldn't understand why I didn't want them to do the roof job. Then this month a very nice older man showed up at the door and I made an appointment for the next day. He never said it was Paramount Builders. They didn't show up but called 1 1/2 hours later to reschedule. I said, "No thank you." Then I was called 2 more times with cheaper offers on the price they "gave me". I was never given a price, no one showed up! Then I was called again to discuses the price, I said, "NO thank you." I was told both times that, "SOME PEOPLE CAN'T AFFORD OUR PRODUCTS." I am still mad at the insults.

Paramount Builders response

We apologize for the bad experience you had with Paramount Builders. Our pricing is never discussed over the phone as it is confidential information to the homeowner(s). Our roofing systems are exclusive products that you cannot get in your area. It is not the cheapest option & we are happy to share that with customers. But it is the best quality and comes with a lifetime warranty and our full-time service technician. We apologize and will be taking the proper steps to discuss with our employees

Original review: April 25, 2019

DO YOU WANT Paramount Builders TO DO WORK FOR YOU? I had a Paramount Builders neighborhood rep show up today to ask if there was any work they could do at our home this year. I couldn't believe my ears after the experience I had with them around this time last year. A rep showed up at my front door last year asking the same question. I had a French Door frame on the front of my garage converted to a recreation room that had some rot at the bottom. I told that man that they could evaluate it for an estimate. They scheduled an appointment.

Prior to the appointment, I called the office number to say my wife and I had to make a different appointment and could they call to reschedule. However, no one called back. On the day of the appointment they showed up at my front door and I told them that we didn't have time. They insisted that it would only take a few minutes. I showed them what needed to be estimated. They then told me that a handyman could just cut out the bad part of the door frame and replace it with new wood since the rest of the frame was in good condition. Then they told me that they did not do work unless it was around five thousand dollars ($5,000.00). Thereafter, I started to receive calls from the office asking to reschedule the appointment. After explaining that their estimators had been to my home & the job was too small for them, they said they would make a note of it in their computer system. Well, apparently that doesn't mean anything!

For Months, following that phone call, I continued to receive phone calls. So, apparently no one in the office looks at the notes that they say they will pass on. And one final note. After explaining the situation to the Paramount Rep. today, explaining that they wouldn't fix the frame of my French Doors because it didn't cost upwards of $5,000.00, he had the audacity to suggest that I should just have them replace the entire set of French Doors and they could set up a payment plan. So my question to my neighbors, Do You Really Want Paramount Builders to Do Anything for You?

George,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Paramount Builders. It seems that we lacked communication between departments and I will certainly address that with the correct individuals. Because of the cost of labor and materials we do have a minimum contract amount and I wish we could have fixed your frame. However, we do have over 70,000 satisfied customers just in the state of Virginia because we only install products on your home that we know will last.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I found a card for one of their salespersons in my mailbox. Called to receive a free quote for replacing fascia and soffits. The ‘gentleman’ kindly called me back later that day, and gave me a price of over $11k. Offered to let me finance the work over a 5 year period. Every licensed contractor I know has agreed that this job should not exceed $4 max. While in my neighborhood, the sales rep tells me that he sold a new roof to one of my neighbors for $29,926! You can buy a brand new home TWICE for this price, on this block. This company is targeting poor neighborhoods in Petersburg, VA and gauging prices to unsuspecting elderly people. ** people BEWARE.

Paramount Builders response

We understand that our pricing might be higher than other companies but that is for several reasons. First, we have a physical office location and do not run our company out of a work truck. We also have a finance department that is able to work with individuals who want an affordable pricing option to fit into their monthly bills. Last, we offer exclusive state-of-the-art products that you cannot get anywhere else in Petersburg, Va. Please value our quality and warranties offered.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had our gutters replaced through Paramount. We are very happy with the way they look and how no leaves get stuck anymore. We will definitely be using them again for future projects when we can afford it.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for the GREAT review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new gutters from PBI. Don't hesitate to reach out to us when you are ready for your next home improvement project!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had new siding installed on my house by Paramount, and afterwards discovered the price was way too high. I had to stay on the crew everyday as they tried to shortcut the work. Instead of installing the siding behind the front handrails, they wanted to trim around it. They did not order enough trim for the windows, so they went to a local business and purchased trim of a different size and color. They argued that no one would ever see it. I made them replace it. I have had trim fall off of the house, had an issue with siding that had not been nailed to the house. (for which they wanted to charge me to fix). There was no clean-up of nails from the yard. And to top it off, the crew stole my extension ladder.

I have fought with them for six years to do the right thing and either pay me for the ladder or purchase a new one. Each time I spoke with them I was promised it would be taken care of. I recently spoke with the President who made it clear he was not willing to pay the actual replacement cost of the ladder because, "It was a few years old". In order to finally be rid of these people I have had to settle for $100.00 less than the value of my ladder. It remains to be seen if I actually receive a check or not. To give you a idea how little they care about their customers, I received a call from them a day or two after the death of my father-in-law. They wanted to set up an appointment to see about doing additional work for me. I told their rep, I was in the process of funeral arrangements, to which she replied, "so when would be a good time".

Jim,

We regret to hear about the passing of your father-in-law and the whole experience you have had with Paramount Builders. This is not how our company is run and I will guarantee you that we will get this problem fixed immediately. In the future, please contact our Corporate office and ask to speak with the reputation manager. I will be contacting you privately to investigate this matter fully and to ensure that you, as our customer, is completely satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My wife and I were considering having our windows replaced. We have a lot of windows and know it is going to cost a bit to get them all replaced. I was in the garage one day when 2 guys from Paramount builders showed up soliciting business, I agreed to a meet with a salesman with me and my wife to get a no obligation quote. The day of the meeting the salesman still had not shown up 20 minutes after the scheduled meeting time without so much as a phone call or a text (they had both my cell and home numbers). I had other things to do so I told my wife if they do show up tell them since they were late that I would call and reschedule the appointment.

Well ever since that day they have called both my cell and home number numerous times even though I have told them every time they called that I would call them when I was ready to reschedule. They have called so many times that their numbers are blocked. If you are going to show up late to a scheduled meeting without so much as a courtesy call and then blow up my phones and hound me to death then you are not a company that I want to do business with!

Dale,

We regret to hear that our company representative was unable to make it to your scheduled meeting. Unfortunately we do not give out your personal phone numbers to our representatives to protect your privacy. We also cannot control traffic and most of the time if we are late that's usually the case. If you would like for us to place you on our "Do not call" list then I'd be more than happy to do so. Please email us to be removed.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

2016. First they send a team of salesmen. Pressured me with the one time discount deal if I signed that day and an additional discount by using my house as a model selling point for the neighborhood. When questioning the still high cost, they counter with using the best materials available and lifetime warranty, end up costing $20,000 for the roof and with their finance people I paid extra $10,000 to finance it. So I have a $30,000 roof that I am paying for out of my pension. They really blindsided me so please be aware of this company and seniors it is best to have a loved one with you, Paramount is not looking out for you at all.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for purchasing with PBI! Whenever we meet with customers we always ensure everyone who makes decisions on the home are present for the meeting. Also, our financing options are optional and you control your payments. Our roofing systems are top-of-the-line products that you cannot find anywhere else in your area. We understand that we are not the cheapest option in town but we do know that we offer the best products with a true workmanship warranty.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Had a roof installed by this company. After a year nails started backing out, so they sent out someone to fix it. Well long story short they used LONG nails, and made my roof leak, causing my roof leak and causing my bathroom ceiling to collapse. Now I am out huge money to get the roof fixed and my ceiling fixed. Stay away from this company at all cost!!!

Paramount Builders response

We regret to hear about your roofing experience. If the roof is leaking then we have a workmanship warranty that would cover the leak. Please contact us and I'd be more than happy to discuss this issue with your further. It is my goal that you highly enjoy the products your purchased from us!

Best,

PBI

Original review: March 31, 2018

Rocky start when sales rep showed up almost 2 hours late, citing traffic delay. TURNS out, he did not leave last appt, over an hour drive away, until after our scheduled appointment time. This after a call to the company, who said an hour earlier that he would be there in a couple of minutes. I am very tolerant of delays, but appearance of being less than forthcoming, not so much.

Purpose was for a roof estimate that was never given, he identified his purpose as just telling me about his company. Told that once I signed agreement he would measure and provide quote. He was aware I sought to decide among completion offers. What he did show signaled their start was around 3 times other offers, but for a product I had said I didn't want. Key to how much he was listening to me was, after telling him upfront that I was sole homeowner as my wife had passed away a few months earlier, when displaying products, he asked where my wife was so she could view them as well. Real waste of time. Highly suspect when the pitch is sign up today for best deal, that won't be available later.

Paramount Builders response

We regret to hear our company representative was 2 hours late to the schedule appointment. This not usual for our company but unfortunately we cannot control traffic. We appreciate your honest feedback on our representative and I'd love to further discuss the individual you encountered. If you could email us, I'd appreciate it. We hope you understand this is not how our company works and we will be properly address this issue with our sales force.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My husband and I started off with getting the whole house windows done, our sales guy Don helped us save money by telling us ways to save, like excluding the decorative framing on the windows and changing from two windows to one big one. We were so please we just had the siding done before the big wind storm we recently had. And nothing happened to our siding, great product and it’s beautiful. We are now having our roof redone due to damage from the wind storm blowing off the old roof. Once again Don has helped us big time, he’s so great he’s like one of the family.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for the AWESOME review, Janice! We hope you are still enjoying your windows, siding, and roofing system. Don is one of the most trusted representatives at our company and you definitely got an honest veteran who helped keep these projects in your budget. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever need more work done or have a friend/family member looking at home improvements!

Original review: March 16, 2018

Price was three times too high. Two people browbeat you for three hours. Negotiated price to two and one half times fair price. Won't go away! Don't let these people in your house. They started at $18,500. Finished at $14,500. I have two reputable bids of $6,000.

Paramount Builders response

We are not sure what product your inquired about, but we only offer exclusive products in your area. They are great quality and we stand behind anything we put in our customer's homes. With that being said, we understand we are not the cheapest option in town. If that is not what you are looking for then we understand that we might not be the company for you, but we hope you can see the value in our products and options.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The other evening - we had a Paramount Builders Sales Agent come to our house - Brian ** - very nice young man - very polite - and helpful and knowledgeable about his product. He spend time with my wife and I giving us information that we are interested in and answered our questions. He gave us the addresses of homes in our area that we could check out and we said that we would and then be back with him in a couple of days. I gave Brian my business card and asked that ALL calls from him or his company to come through me and not my home.

The next morning at a little before 9:00 am my wife was awaken by Paramount Builders marketing or business department calling to try and close the deal down from the night before. My wife said that I was handling the deal and for them to call me - they continued to try and close the deal by saying that "Paramount Builders wanted to make us a Showcase home" and that they would give us an Additional 20% off if we would sign up now. My wife said that they should contact my husband and give him that information. No attempt was ever made to contact me at the number that we requested to be called.

At a few minutes before 7:00 pm on Friday night - our doorbell rang and an new sales agent from Paramount Builders was here for what he said was his 7:00 pm appointment. My daughter who answered the door was rudely spoken to by the new sales rep that said, "He does not come all the way out here at night if there is no appointment" - so let me see who I'm suppose to be seeing and called his company while standing at my front door. I was in another room and overheard the sales agent giving my daughter a hard time and decided to find out what was going on.

I shut my front door and started asking the new agent (1) who was he (no greeting - no business card presented to me - no identification) (2) where was our original sales agent Brian (3) why was he here with no scheduled appointment with me? Once the sales agent decided to get off the phone - he preceded to say to me - "Sir I don't appreciate your attitude"- NEEDLESS to say - I told the sales agent that he need to leave and anyone wanting to use this company - Need to find another company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

This company has been a pain in my side since the day I got a quote...not in writing...they couldn't do that they said, close to 20 grand to reshingle a ranch home. I rejected it, they called back a few days later said they could come down some. I said how much, they couldn't tell me over the phone, so I played along. It was like a couple hundred dollars and again they would not write the quote down on paper and give it to me. I found a company with a good reputation and a beautiful new roof, great warranty, a rebate for under 7 grand.

Then they calls, just another one now, this is months later, some lady who works for them calls like every month if not more tries to sound all sweet, I've told her on 3 occasions to take me off their calling list...clearly she hasn't and I'm sure it's not her fault and always with an approach "Hope you have a blessed day." Everyday they don't call I have a blessed day and even when they do call I have a blessed day/life. I would run from this company. They wasted too much of time, I'll call them the twins like a tag team and their sales pitch they have down, but you'd have to be an idiot to buy into their game.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Where do I begin? I'm actually going to cut to the chase, they are trying to charge me a $2550 for materials they ordered without measuring my house! The general manager threatened to call my job and say I was insane! JUST SAY NO!!! #paramountbuildersscamartists.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Paramount Builders charged my 91-year-old, widowed, aunt $19,000 to replace the roof on her very modest, cape cod home. The roof shouldn't have cost half that! Don't know how those people sleep at night!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Paramount Builders completed an entire roof for me in May 2016. By July 2016, shingles started falling off and the roof had to be re-done. By March 2017, I have shingles falling off and hanging from the roof. I put in several service calls just to be told they were coming out. Today is August 16, 2017 and I still have shingles falling and I have been fined by my homeowners association for the hanging shingles. I contacted Paramount Builders and yet to receive a response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: June 29, 2017

I used them years ago to put in a window in my living room, they did a great job and at the time it seemed like a reasonable price. They have contacted me a few times over the years but not too often when I wasn't ready to have any work done. Then I had them come by to give me a quote on a new roof, the quote was outrageous. They quoted me 3 times the market price counting a 25% discount for being a repeat customer for a house this size, I had someone else do the same job with the same warranty for a third their price. They will fudge numbers to make you think they are giving you a good deal, do your research and you can confirm this.

Since then I have told them not to call me four times and I still get calls from them. I keep telling them I am on their no call list but it doesn't stop them. Be very careful dealing with Paramount Builders, they will not stop trying for your business even if you already had the work done by someone else. They only hear what they want to hear not what you tell them. Also they use the old technique from Star Trek's Scotty, the engineer, take a number and multiply it by 4. If it should cost 1000 dollars then they will charge you 4000 dollars. Highway robbery if you ask me.

Original review: June 23, 2017

On 6/22/2017 at 5:30 p.m., I had a sales person from Paramount Builders out of Chesapeake, VA, to come and give me a no obligation quote on trim for my house. I forgot the young man's name, but he shared information about himself that stuck with me. He seemed to be nice enough. He gave me the usual spiel regarding the company and how they were really great to deal with.

After that discussion, he said he needed to go outside to take measurements. Before he left to go outside to get the measurements, he asked me if he was able to get the price in a range that I could afford would I consider making the purchase, and I told him that I would consider it, but I also would like to get other quotes. So he said he understood.

After he returned inside the house, he gave me several quotes for other things (soffit & gutters), although I insisted that I only wanted the one for the trim. After giving me the price, I told him that I would like to consider his proposal and had decided not to make a final decision at that time. When I said that, his whole demeanor and attitude changed. He became a wolf in sheep's clothing.

He goes on to say, "well if you don't get it today, and if I have to come back you will have to pay a higher price, so do you want that to happen?" He became irate, demanding and condescending. The more I told him that I wanted to have time to think on it, the more demanding this young man became. He began to put the pressure on, while continuing to say, "oh, I am not trying to pressure you". He then says to me in a very condescending tone, "I asked you if I could get the price where you could fit it in your budget, would you consider it and you said yes." So I told him that I did say that I would consider it, but as with any other decision, people have a right to change their mind, and therefore; I was under no obligation to make the purchase.

He then proceeded to say that this has happen to him several times before, that after he has given the person a price, they LIE to him. He really sounded like a spoiled child. I became very offended because he essentially, called me a liar in my house. I had to call him on the carpet regarding that. His tone towards me was very degrading, especially, me being much older than him. I noticed the lack of respect he was showing me. After these exchanges, I really began to feel very uncomfortable being alone with him, so I nicely told him that I did not want what he was selling and asked him to leave because I had to go out. I noticed, he had a problem with me telling him that I needed to do more research.

The ironic thing was that I was truly considering making the purchase with Paramount Builders, as it was in my budget and it sounded like a company I could work with, but just not that day. His rudeness, condescending tone and arrogance, changed all of that. He lost that sale for the company. After that encounter, I will never purchase anything from this company. I don't know how they train their sales agents to interact with proposed customers, but if they act like this young man, they will have a lot of online complaints. Finally, I would rather pay more for a service to another company, than pay less to be insulted.

Original review: May 16, 2017

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. CHOOSING PARAMOUNT IS MY BIGGEST REGRET SINCE I PURCHASED THIS PROPERTY, not only did I get overcharge for what was delivered. The Management and Customer Service Staff lie to you and tell you 3 different stories while transferring you around. Seem the Management is always too busy to return your call. Several days after roofing crew left, while trimming bushes in front of house, I stepped on nails roofers left behind. The gutter crew just decided they did not need to clean up after themselves. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I recently put up a "No Soliciting" sign inches away from my front door. This did not stop Paramount Builders from knocking on my door and then trying to tell me everything that was wrong with my house. I reached my hand out and pointed to the sign and asked him if he noticed the sign. He said yes but that he wasn't actually "selling" anything and thought I might be interested. I said "I'm not" and shut the door. I then called the company and they said they could put me on the "Do Not Knock" List. I told them I shouldn't have to be on any list because the sign should have kept them away.

I have tried messaging them on Facebook and the only response I get back is an automated one that says something like, "Thanks we'll get back to you as soon as we can", even though their page says they typically respond within 1 day. It's been 5 days and I've sent 3 messages. I have called the local branch in Fredericksburg and the phone just rings nonstop. Based on all of this, I will never use this company.

Original review: April 18, 2016

I had work done years ago and it was great, the salesperson wonderful, helpful and the installer did a nice job as well. I periodically receive calls on giving me estimates and I decline as no funds for new windows. This spring they pushed and said they would be in the area and even though I stated, I had no funds they scheduled and said no worries they will be in the area. I asked for a number to contact since I had a dog and requested they call before arriving & they said they don't have one when in the field.

As it turns out when on the phone they made it sound like they were going to be in the area not other employees, which was a bit confusing. Two men showed up and it was if they were casing my house. I noted I didn't have funds for windows as was getting new HVAC etc. They asked how much that was setting me back and again it felt like they were casing my place and more interested in things other than a quote. They refused to write anything up for me since I said I couldn't state when would be able to get windows.

They then looked at my sliding glass door they installed and said it needed a service call to repair some things and they would take care of submitting it and no cost to me. I have yet to have had a service call or heard from anyone at the company. Why offer to give a quote/estimate to a consumer and your employees refuse to do so. Do not recommend them after this experience. Oh and they trashed competitors as well the entire time at my house.

Original review: April 13, 2016

Salesperson came to my home for quote for windows. I declined the financing through Paramount because I have a source for funding with very low interest rate. He refused to give me a quote because I was not ready to proceed until July. He stated that their windows are so expensive that most people can't afford them and I needed to take advantage of marketing dollars allocated by the company to help people afford the price. I again refused his financing and refused to sign. After repeatedly refusing financing and requesting a price for the job so that I could get the funds; the conversation abruptly changed. He was not pleased that I wanted to research and fund the project with my funds. I implore everyone to do your research. Paramount windows by Preservations are actually manufactured by Alside. Research Alside windows there are other models available. This pissed him off.

He first stated he can't understand people feel entitled. Why do we need entitlement. Slavery did not impact us, it was years ago. We have entitlement it is called Welfare and food stamps. I am an African American woman being belittled by someone that wants my business I don't think so. African Americans take your business elsewhere. Next, my husband was wearing a t-shirt the said 'PRAY HARD" he then talks about bible thumping Christians. Being one way in church and talking about the homeless. Well maybe Paramount does not need dollars from anyone of faith. Displeased and never want to do business with the company.

Paramount Builders Company Information