Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

38 Paramount Builders Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Moises did a great job of wrapping the columns on the porch and caulking those missed areas on the windows. He was very professional, courteous and well mannered. Good job Moises. Moises surveyed the job before he began and reviewed the work with us after it was done. He took his time to do a great job.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for the fantastic five star review! Our installers are the best of the best with tons of experience and product knowledge. We are glad to hear that Moises was able to take care of all your needs. Please contact us if you ever need anything else!

Original review: June 18, 2019

For the roofing job they were extremely high priced and kept calling their boss to get a "better price" for me. Would not leave and couldn't understand why I didn't want them to do the roof job. Then this month a very nice older man showed up at the door and I made an appointment for the next day. He never said it was Paramount Builders. They didn't show up but called 1 1/2 hours later to reschedule. I said, "No thank you." Then I was called 2 more times with cheaper offers on the price they "gave me". I was never given a price, no one showed up! Then I was called again to discuses the price, I said, "NO thank you." I was told both times that, "SOME PEOPLE CAN'T AFFORD OUR PRODUCTS." I am still mad at the insults.

Paramount Builders response

We apologize for the bad experience you had with Paramount Builders. Our pricing is never discussed over the phone as it is confidential information to the homeowner(s). Our roofing systems are exclusive products that you cannot get in your area. It is not the cheapest option & we are happy to share that with customers. But it is the best quality and comes with a lifetime warranty and our full-time service technician. We apologize and will be taking the proper steps to discuss with our employees

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

DO YOU WANT Paramount Builders TO DO WORK FOR YOU? I had a Paramount Builders neighborhood rep show up today to ask if there was any work they could do at our home this year. I couldn't believe my ears after the experience I had with them around this time last year. A rep showed up at my front door last year asking the same question. I had a French Door frame on the front of my garage converted to a recreation room that had some rot at the bottom. I told that man that they could evaluate it for an estimate. They scheduled an appointment.

Prior to the appointment, I called the office number to say my wife and I had to make a different appointment and could they call to reschedule. However, no one called back. On the day of the appointment they showed up at my front door and I told them that we didn't have time. They insisted that it would only take a few minutes. I showed them what needed to be estimated. They then told me that a handyman could just cut out the bad part of the door frame and replace it with new wood since the rest of the frame was in good condition. Then they told me that they did not do work unless it was around five thousand dollars ($5,000.00). Thereafter, I started to receive calls from the office asking to reschedule the appointment. After explaining that their estimators had been to my home & the job was too small for them, they said they would make a note of it in their computer system. Well, apparently that doesn't mean anything!

For Months, following that phone call, I continued to receive phone calls. So, apparently no one in the office looks at the notes that they say they will pass on. And one final note. After explaining the situation to the Paramount Rep. today, explaining that they wouldn't fix the frame of my French Doors because it didn't cost upwards of $5,000.00, he had the audacity to suggest that I should just have them replace the entire set of French Doors and they could set up a payment plan. So my question to my neighbors, Do You Really Want Paramount Builders to Do Anything for You?

George,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Paramount Builders. It seems that we lacked communication between departments and I will certainly address that with the correct individuals. Because of the cost of labor and materials we do have a minimum contract amount and I wish we could have fixed your frame. However, we do have over 70,000 satisfied customers just in the state of Virginia because we only install products on your home that we know will last.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I found a card for one of their salespersons in my mailbox. Called to receive a free quote for replacing fascia and soffits. The ‘gentleman’ kindly called me back later that day, and gave me a price of over $11k. Offered to let me finance the work over a 5 year period. Every licensed contractor I know has agreed that this job should not exceed $4 max. While in my neighborhood, the sales rep tells me that he sold a new roof to one of my neighbors for $29,926! You can buy a brand new home TWICE for this price, on this block. This company is targeting poor neighborhoods in Petersburg, VA and gauging prices to unsuspecting elderly people. ** people BEWARE.

Paramount Builders response

We understand that our pricing might be higher than other companies but that is for several reasons. First, we have a physical office location and do not run our company out of a work truck. We also have a finance department that is able to work with individuals who want an affordable pricing option to fit into their monthly bills. Last, we offer exclusive state-of-the-art products that you cannot get anywhere else in Petersburg, Va. Please value our quality and warranties offered.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had our gutters replaced through Paramount. We are very happy with the way they look and how no leaves get stuck anymore. We will definitely be using them again for future projects when we can afford it.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for the GREAT review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new gutters from PBI. Don't hesitate to reach out to us when you are ready for your next home improvement project!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paramount Builders?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had new siding installed on my house by Paramount, and afterwards discovered the price was way too high. I had to stay on the crew everyday as they tried to shortcut the work. Instead of installing the siding behind the front handrails, they wanted to trim around it. They did not order enough trim for the windows, so they went to a local business and purchased trim of a different size and color. They argued that no one would ever see it. I made them replace it. I have had trim fall off of the house, had an issue with siding that had not been nailed to the house. (for which they wanted to charge me to fix). There was no clean-up of nails from the yard. And to top it off, the crew stole my extension ladder.

I have fought with them for six years to do the right thing and either pay me for the ladder or purchase a new one. Each time I spoke with them I was promised it would be taken care of. I recently spoke with the President who made it clear he was not willing to pay the actual replacement cost of the ladder because, "It was a few years old". In order to finally be rid of these people I have had to settle for $100.00 less than the value of my ladder. It remains to be seen if I actually receive a check or not. To give you a idea how little they care about their customers, I received a call from them a day or two after the death of my father-in-law. They wanted to set up an appointment to see about doing additional work for me. I told their rep, I was in the process of funeral arrangements, to which she replied, "so when would be a good time".

Jim,

We regret to hear about the passing of your father-in-law and the whole experience you have had with Paramount Builders. This is not how our company is run and I will guarantee you that we will get this problem fixed immediately. In the future, please contact our Corporate office and ask to speak with the reputation manager. I will be contacting you privately to investigate this matter fully and to ensure that you, as our customer, is completely satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My wife and I were considering having our windows replaced. We have a lot of windows and know it is going to cost a bit to get them all replaced. I was in the garage one day when 2 guys from Paramount builders showed up soliciting business, I agreed to a meet with a salesman with me and my wife to get a no obligation quote. The day of the meeting the salesman still had not shown up 20 minutes after the scheduled meeting time without so much as a phone call or a text (they had both my cell and home numbers). I had other things to do so I told my wife if they do show up tell them since they were late that I would call and reschedule the appointment.

Well ever since that day they have called both my cell and home number numerous times even though I have told them every time they called that I would call them when I was ready to reschedule. They have called so many times that their numbers are blocked. If you are going to show up late to a scheduled meeting without so much as a courtesy call and then blow up my phones and hound me to death then you are not a company that I want to do business with!

Dale,

We regret to hear that our company representative was unable to make it to your scheduled meeting. Unfortunately we do not give out your personal phone numbers to our representatives to protect your privacy. We also cannot control traffic and most of the time if we are late that's usually the case. If you would like for us to place you on our "Do not call" list then I'd be more than happy to do so. Please email us to be removed.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

2016. First they send a team of salesmen. Pressured me with the one time discount deal if I signed that day and an additional discount by using my house as a model selling point for the neighborhood. When questioning the still high cost, they counter with using the best materials available and lifetime warranty, end up costing $20,000 for the roof and with their finance people I paid extra $10,000 to finance it. So I have a $30,000 roof that I am paying for out of my pension. They really blindsided me so please be aware of this company and seniors it is best to have a loved one with you, Paramount is not looking out for you at all.

Paramount Builders response

Thank you for purchasing with PBI! Whenever we meet with customers we always ensure everyone who makes decisions on the home are present for the meeting. Also, our financing options are optional and you control your payments. Our roofing systems are top-of-the-line products that you cannot find anywhere else in your area. We understand that we are not the cheapest option in town but we do know that we offer the best products with a true workmanship warranty.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Had a roof installed by this company. After a year nails started backing out, so they sent out someone to fix it. Well long story short they used LONG nails, and made my roof leak, causing my roof leak and causing my bathroom ceiling to collapse. Now I am out huge money to get the roof fixed and my ceiling fixed. Stay away from this company at all cost!!!

Paramount Builders response

We regret to hear about your roofing experience. If the roof is leaking then we have a workmanship warranty that would cover the leak. Please contact us and I'd be more than happy to discuss this issue with your further. It is my goal that you highly enjoy the products your purchased from us!

Best,

PBI

Original review: March 31, 2018

Rocky start when sales rep showed up almost 2 hours late, citing traffic delay. TURNS out, he did not leave last appt, over an hour drive away, until after our scheduled appointment time. This after a call to the company, who said an hour earlier that he would be there in a couple of minutes. I am very tolerant of delays, but appearance of being less than forthcoming, not so much.

Purpose was for a roof estimate that was never given, he identified his purpose as just telling me about his company. Told that once I signed agreement he would measure and provide quote. He was aware I sought to decide among completion offers. What he did show signaled their start was around 3 times other offers, but for a product I had said I didn't want. Key to how much he was listening to me was, after telling him upfront that I was sole homeowner as my wife had passed away a few months earlier, when displaying products, he asked where my wife was so she could view them as well. Real waste of time. Highly suspect when the pitch is sign up today for best deal, that won't be available later.

Paramount Builders response

We regret to hear our company representative was 2 hours late to the schedule appointment. This not usual for our company but unfortunately we cannot control traffic. We appreciate your honest feedback on our representative and I'd love to further discuss the individual you encountered. If you could email us, I'd appreciate it. We hope you understand this is not how our company works and we will be properly address this issue with our sales force.

Paramount Builders Company Information