2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Paramount Builders Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paramount Builders?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Paramount Builders?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

An associate of Paramount Builders came to my home and provided a DETAILED estimate for replacing a built-in gutter system. He FaceTimed with the project manager and told him exactly what was going on. The project manager approved of the job and I signed the contract. During the contract process, I informed the salesperson that I would be paying with my personal bank account and he told me the only way I could pay was with cash OR to apply for their financing. He would not allow me to pay with my own credit card, so I applied for their financing and was approved.

I called the company three days later to set up a date and time for the job to be completed and was told by the Production Department that they cannot schedule anything until all the supplies had been received and that they would call me once they received the items. Two and a half weeks went by and I called them again. They had me call the Finance Department because my “Loan had not been submitted.” Upon calling the Finance Department, I was informed the manager placed my job on “hold” TWO WEEKS prior and that they canceled the order for the supplies. I asked to speak with the manager and was told he was not available and would call me back. I had to call back a second time that day in order for him to call me.

Once he returned my call, I explained to him my frustration for not being notified that my job was placed on hold and that my roofing system was exposed to the elements. He never once apologized for the inconvenience or lack of communication. He told me the only way my job could be completed was if they replaced my entire roof. Again, he was well aware of the issue and received a detailed write up and FaceTime call informing him of the damage and what needed to be done and ultimately approved of the job. Thankfully, I was able to void the contract and avoid having to deal with them any further. Do not ignore the poor reviews, like I did!! I will NEVER reach out to them again or recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

The salesman Ryan **, the Coppertone gutters and the gutter installers from another company, Quality Gutters, were ALL great. Everything else about Paramount Builders Inc. was a nightmare. They sold me the sliding glass door installation but some of their employees said it couldn't be done. Some of them said it could be done and the production team out of Richmond Virginia or John the Production Team Manager couldn't get it together and get it done so we never got our door. Complete Production team breakdown. We ended up getting Home Depot to do it 900% cheaper.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

My wife and I decided to go with them to install gutters and call to schedule it two weeks earlier. They said they could fit us in and would have someone out Monday July 13th to remove the old and install the new on the 14th. The crew came out on time and got to work, we were impressed with the efficiency of the work. The next day around 1000 the next crew still wasn't there so my wife called Paramount and told her we were supposed to call the day prior and let them know that the first crew was done and they would not be able to come until the 15th now.

Fast forward to 1000 on the fifteenth still nothing. My wife called to find out and they said it will be the 16th now. We finally got them installed and they are everything we expected however because they don't appreciate that our time is just as important and be bothered to let us know and wasted our time we will not be using them again. I'm not bashing them or insulting them. Thank you and have a great day.

Paramount Builders response

Justin, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry that you had trouble with communication in regards to your installation date. I have forwarded your information onto upper management and they will be in contact with you shortly. Thanks, Paramount Builders

Original review: July 31, 2020

I was apprehensive about putting out money for windows, thinking my old ones were fine. I was wrong. I'm glad we spoke with Paramount. There was no pressuring us into buying. They took their time explaining everything about the windows. The quality is unbeatable. We haven't been through a winter yet with the new windows, but I have no doubt we'll be seeing a drop in our electric bill. Once we signed the contract, the installer was here to measure, and when it was time for installation, the workers were very pleasant, and knew their job. When they were done, we were shown all of the "how-to's" until they were sure we had no more questions. Unfortunately, we couldn't replace all of our windows, but when the first ones get paid off, we will be replacing the rest. And definitely will use Paramount Builders again.

Paramount Builders response

Ms. Arlene, Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We appreciate you and your business, especially at this time. Stay safe, PBI

Original review: July 29, 2020

Great experience. Workers were professional and courteous, the quality and craftsmanship are beyond reproach, they did exactly what they said they were going to do and very quickly. They left the area clean.

Thank you for your 5 star review Mr. Wayne! We appreciate you

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had Paramount Builders install siding on the house. During installation site manager said they needed to "TRIM" the bushes back. Their definition of trim was not the same as mine. They cut to the ground 30 plants and bushes to the ground. Some of them were 6 foot high. I had to pay $2,040 to have yard redone. Then when salesman came out to check on the install on 4/27. I asked about having a set of shutters installed. My wife had always wanted shutters installed. But she passed away unexpectedly right before the install. I was that they would give me a set of shutters free of charge. Attached is the paperwork.

Now going on 4 months still no shutters. Repeatedly weekly phone calls. I got promises of return calls. Numerous conversation with different people. No calls. Making even having paperwork does not help. I even asked just for a yes or no.. Nothing. Maybe if I had to pay for them I would of received them. BUYER BEWARE.. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR WORD.

Mr. Jeffrey,
      I'm so sorry to hear that you feel lied to and had issues with your landscaping. We want to make it right. We have escalated this review to our President and you will be hearing from us shortly.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 13, 2020

Updated on 09/22/2020: Location, Fredricksburg, VA. Let me down again. They came and fixed the siding and you can see the work that was done. They get mad at their customers and do a job like this. My siding was paid in full and this is the service I received. The real issue is they did the whole install wrong and that's why it's not the siding is not stay up.

Original: Our neighbor referred Paramount Builders. Big mistake. We decided to go with Sidings. After a month or two of install the siding starts to fall off the house. I called to make appointment for repairs. No ones comes out for 3 weeks! They fix the issue and the next year the siding starts to fall off again. I call it about a month for them to come out to fix the issue. The next year the siding falls off! Same routine and as I am telling you as I am typing this the siding is still falling off my house! This product and service is a joke! They know not to call or knock on my door to do another project with them. Run as fast as you can. It will be one less headache to deal with.

Paramount Builders response

Jocelin, I'm so sorry your siding is falling off. Our production manager, John, will be contacting you today! Thank you for reaching out.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My message is don't make the same mistake that I made. Paramount Builders only wants to get as much money out of their "sucker customers" as possible. Service men that can over did a pitiful job. Their goal was to do the job as fast as possible. They could care less about quality of work. Stay away from these guys. You can definitely find another company that will do a much better job and you will also save a lot of money. I wasted my money, big time! My fault, my mistake. It will never happen again. They will never get near my house again. By the way, their customer service is also terrible. Zero help when I called about the sorry job they did!! Obviously they don"t care.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Anthony ** answered an ad I placed for work on my concrete driveway! He gave me a contract and said he could be done in four days the 10 days then almost a month later I fired him after him continually requiring more money which I paid since I was 800 miles away for Xmas holidays! He quoted concrete w/ fiber then charged me $992 for fiber! He said I needed 21 yards so since I was gone I signed a check and let him fill the amount in! He told me he made it out for 13 yards and paid the other 8 yards out of his pocket which he expected payment! Again this is almost a month later and still no concrete! I called the concrete company about my check. He said he had receipts for including the other 8 yards and the said they have been paid no money and only have an order for 13 yards! They are scam artists and we will be seeing each other in court.

Paramount Builders response

It seems as though you're mistaken. This is the site for Paramount Builders Inc. and we only sell windows, siding, trim, & doors. We do not do any concrete work. You seem to have the wrong company. I can assure you that this was not our doing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

We had a rep walking door to door through or neighborhood. They got my husband to set up an appointment which we just had yesterday Monday 11/18 at 5 p.m. He was originally told that this consultation would only be 60 minutes so he agreed being that we both work and have an 8 month old child. While the gentleman Daniel was very informative and friendly. He was still going through his presentation at 7:00. Mind you I pull into my driveway from work at 5!! We had not started dinner, any of our next day prep because of this now 60 minute presentation dragging onto 2 hours.

We had to cut him off at 7 and say we will need to reschedule this for another time. However now that I'm thinking back on the experience- your rep did not wear booties over his shoes which ehh in some cases no big deal however we have a baby who is crawling. He didn't bring his own ladder to assess attic ceiling nor go up in the attic. We also received the same pitch as another reviewer that "Paramount is looking for 2 model homes in our neighborhood to be selling points and would receive x, y, z discount". I do think that we will be cancelling the upcoming appointment as we do not have another 2 hours to waste for something we were told would take 60 minutes..

Paramount Builders response

We appreciate you writing a review to inform us of your situation. Thank you for allowing our sales rep into your home. Understandably, many customers have questions so our appointments can run later than expected. Fortunately, we spoke with Daniel and he was able to get through everything but final measurements and offering a price which would last no longer than 30 mins. We see that you've reset for the 23rd at 10am and we'd love the opportunity to come out and give you a final price.

Paramount Builders Company Information