1.2/5 (57 ratings)

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get Started

First American Title Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Title Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Title Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

This is a review for First American Title Insurance company in Saint Petersburg. The worst experience dealing with these people and their attitude. During the process I became severely Sick with Covid for three weeks plus and I tried hard to get the documents signed and looked over the best I could in the condition I was in. I kept receiving multiple phone calls and messages even after telling them I was sick with covid and I would do as much as I possibly could under that condition!! I am still getting charged maintenance fees from the property I sold. I’ve reached out several times asking them to send over the new deed to the Management company. I even provided an email. It seems I’m met with a snotty attitude and just lack of respect. To no avail Sherri keeps dropping the ball. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE PEOPLE OR BUSINESS. BUYER/SELLER BE AWARE!

Original review: June 30, 2022

Seriously incredible how incompetent their escrow officer was coordinating signing and handling the transaction. Wow. Terrible, terrible customer service and difficulty processing payment. Had to ask for a manager. If you're able to avoid this company please do yourself a huge favor and steer clear. Automatically had to work with them for title related closing as a seller.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I am sad to hear people in other states have had issues with their company, however, as someone who has gone through 7 transactions with them in the last 3 years, it's been a breeze every time. They're so quick to respond, everything is filed and in order. I've never had any issues with them, and will be using them for all my upcoming transactions as well.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I honestly do not know where to start. 1. I never dealt with the same person more than twice. 2. I was lied to more than once. 3. Florida law gives you 72 hours to disclose documents...I was given less. Found out I had to pay additional $4200 in fees....4. They lied to my notary and me about availability of documents....if that wasn't bad enough they lied about not receiving the documents.....of course they didn't receive them as expected due to the holidays/weekend; however they lied and said there was no tracking number (this was not true...I confirmed). My notary has "proof" of a tracking number. Bottom line, they took NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING. They tried to pin their faults on the notary....I wish I had read the online reviews before going with your company...I only chose you because the home I purchased uses your services....I made a poor choice and it won't happen again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The level of incompetence is unbelievable- The experience with this title company has been the absolute worst experience I’ve ever had with any title company ever. Our escrow officer is incompetent, he is unable to communicate, respond to emails or respond to voicemails. He treats people as if they’re not worthy of his time. My suggestion would be to use any other title company or negotiate to use any other title company because you’re bound to have 100% better experience by simply using anyone else. Zachary **‘s has made this experience of buying a home absolute hell. I really wish we would not have wasted our time with this clown. We will try to sign documents again for the fourth time tomorrow, I hope the documents can finally be correct. I will be posting this review anywhere I see his name associated with First American Title. This has been an absolute beating and is not the way anyone should ever conduct business.

Original review: July 23, 2021

This has to be the most unprofessional title company in the state of Texas. The escrow company has totally messed up our paperwork and has caused the lender to file a review. They refuse to settle with the funding party, which caused numerous problems with closing extending closing multiple times then when we finally was giving up and moving to another title company they close the dang thing without having updated papers. Now the escrow agent refuses to speak to the agent and circumvents her to call me directly leaving the agent clueless. They recorded our deed wrong and had to go back and re-record it which caused another 3 week delay. You have many Title Companies to choose from. Don't go here.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Days before our close of escrow, T. S. from First American Title in Reno NV contacted us for the first time during the entire process, blamed an error on the loan officer, and stated we had two days to provide documentation that would usually take a month or more to prepare. Whenever I tried to ask questions or clarify what was needed, she would interrupt me and tell me how it was my fault for not being organized and having the documents they wanted immediately on hand. Additionally, she also told the notary that was sent to our house to be aware, "they are very angry with their lender." She, as well as First American Title, are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: April 1, 2021

So we have an easement issue and have had to contact our title company to file a claim. After 4 months of almost zero contact, we were surprised with a letter from a litigating lawyer to dispose us. At this time it seems that rather than do research for us or admit that they did not do due diligence on our title they have decided to act against us and litigate. If you have any options do NOT use this company. We now have to get a lawyer to protect us from our own title insurance. What a shame and bad faith.

Original review: March 4, 2021

My loan officer opened up an escrow with this company located in Tempe 1620 W. Fountainhead parkway. The agency was not knowledgeable in properties that have gone through probate. We had a private purchase with the seller that had all of the legal documents to proceed in making the transaction. During this process all information was provided however more unnecessary documents were requested. Once the seller had his attorney contact the title company they then reached to us as if they had everything in order. I was assured that I would hear from them and all should go smoothly.

Another 3 weeks go by. I finally tell my lender to proceed with another title company. We ended up paying for 2 extension for our interest lock due to their lack of expertise. Our loan officer kept this escrow open until we got on board with another. I went with Pioneer Title and they had all in order in the first week with our close date! During this time there was absolutely not a word from First American on our close date after another 3 weeks. I closed escrow with Pioneer and still not a word. Bottom line they do not want your business if they actually have to use knowledge and experience or go the extra mile. Even when all is handed to them it's still too much. I've never dealt with such unprofessionalism during my course of purchasing multiple homes. If you want a stressful experience and like to waste your time and money call them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

First American Title Company (San Ramon Branch) was the title company "chosen" by the builder for the closing of my new home purchase. Obviously, I did not choose them. The so called senior manager Michele would not return calls or respond to emails. Did not answer any questions or alleviate any concerns. The upper management is clueless, oblivious and would not take any actions or pay heed to clients' complaints and concerns about their branch manager and office teams. Please stay away and choose another Title company if you can.

First American Title Insurance Company Information