Find a Legal Services partner

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get Started

First American Title Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Title Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Title Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The level of incompetence is unbelievable- The experience with this title company has been the absolute worst experience I’ve ever had with any title company ever. Our escrow officer is incompetent, he is unable to communicate, respond to emails or respond to voicemails. He treats people as if they’re not worthy of his time. My suggestion would be to use any other title company or negotiate to use any other title company because you’re bound to have 100% better experience by simply using anyone else. Zachary **‘s has made this experience of buying a home absolute hell. I really wish we would not have wasted our time with this clown. We will try to sign documents again for the fourth time tomorrow, I hope the documents can finally be correct. I will be posting this review anywhere I see his name associated with First American Title. This has been an absolute beating and is not the way anyone should ever conduct business.

Original review: July 23, 2021

This has to be the most unprofessional title company in the state of Texas. The escrow company has totally messed up our paperwork and has caused the lender to file a review. They refuse to settle with the funding party, which caused numerous problems with closing extending closing multiple times then when we finally was giving up and moving to another title company they close the dang thing without having updated papers. Now the escrow agent refuses to speak to the agent and circumvents her to call me directly leaving the agent clueless. They recorded our deed wrong and had to go back and re-record it which caused another 3 week delay. You have many Title Companies to choose from. Don't go here.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Days before our close of escrow, T. S. from First American Title in Reno NV contacted us for the first time during the entire process, blamed an error on the loan officer, and stated we had two days to provide documentation that would usually take a month or more to prepare. Whenever I tried to ask questions or clarify what was needed, she would interrupt me and tell me how it was my fault for not being organized and having the documents they wanted immediately on hand. Additionally, she also told the notary that was sent to our house to be aware, "they are very angry with their lender." She, as well as First American Title, are the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: April 1, 2021

So we have an easement issue and have had to contact our title company to file a claim. After 4 months of almost zero contact, we were surprised with a letter from a litigating lawyer to dispose us. At this time it seems that rather than do research for us or admit that they did not do due diligence on our title they have decided to act against us and litigate. If you have any options do NOT use this company. We now have to get a lawyer to protect us from our own title insurance. What a shame and bad faith.

Original review: March 4, 2021

My loan officer opened up an escrow with this company located in Tempe 1620 W. Fountainhead parkway. The agency was not knowledgeable in properties that have gone through probate. We had a private purchase with the seller that had all of the legal documents to proceed in making the transaction. During this process all information was provided however more unnecessary documents were requested. Once the seller had his attorney contact the title company they then reached to us as if they had everything in order. I was assured that I would hear from them and all should go smoothly.

Another 3 weeks go by. I finally tell my lender to proceed with another title company. We ended up paying for 2 extension for our interest lock due to their lack of expertise. Our loan officer kept this escrow open until we got on board with another. I went with Pioneer Title and they had all in order in the first week with our close date! During this time there was absolutely not a word from First American on our close date after another 3 weeks. I closed escrow with Pioneer and still not a word. Bottom line they do not want your business if they actually have to use knowledge and experience or go the extra mile. Even when all is handed to them it's still too much. I've never dealt with such unprofessionalism during my course of purchasing multiple homes. If you want a stressful experience and like to waste your time and money call them.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

First American Title Company (San Ramon Branch) was the title company "chosen" by the builder for the closing of my new home purchase. Obviously, I did not choose them. The so called senior manager Michele would not return calls or respond to emails. Did not answer any questions or alleviate any concerns. The upper management is clueless, oblivious and would not take any actions or pay heed to clients' complaints and concerns about their branch manager and office teams. Please stay away and choose another Title company if you can.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My house was to close on or before today. They offered a courtesy signing near my house. I said no big deal. I'll drive to the office everything is being handled at. "Oh Mr. ** we offer courtesy signings at any office." What they don't say or bother to tell you is it holds everything up because they have to then FedEx the damn paperwork! I buy and sell houses. It's my living. It's what pays my bills. They royally screwed up on my house when I bought it too. So twice in 6 months I've been punished because of their neglect and poor business ethics. I will never again sign buy or sell a house through First American Title.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

They handled the sale of my home for the buyer, I had a lien that had been discharged thru bankruptcy, it took 4 months after the sale to get the federal court to sign the lien removal order, 1st American was and are still holding $5000 of my home sale proceeds. They cannot find this record or that record and now their agent closer is no longer employed by them! The order was signed 4 days ago and it takes a whole 20 min to do a wire transfer yet.... no money. As a disabled veteran and being terminally ill I find their dodging both insulting and borderline unethical.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Reverse mortgage refinance. Loan closed on August 30th. They missed the deadline to wire my funds on the same day. Claimed my HOA & taxes were paid out on loan close day. Neither the HOA payment or taxes have been paid after more than 30 days have past. Never again will I do a close with First American Title.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My experience is like so many others here, lousy. I would have given them 0 stars if that was an option. At every turn I was met with issues which were not of my doing. Eight days prior to closing they advised me I needed a quit claim deed from my non-borrowing spouse. I had a POA to do everything for him but that was not enough. The POA would only work if it was specific to the property I was buying. My husband is not in a place where a notary can walk-in and get a paper signed. It is similar to a soldier in a foreign land.

My escrow office Darcy Presley was the worst. She says "oh we'll get a traveling notary to go there and get it done". I told her it does not work that way. All notaries have to have a clearance to go there, etc. Anyway due to her eleventh hour tactics my closing had to be delayed 15 days at a cost to me of $50 per day. Totally unprofessional. I never even got a settlement statement until the day I went for the closing. Even the wire she never sent the info. She said "our wiring instructions never change". Well that's great so just send it to me so I know what to do. I don't know how she keeps her job and if I had anything to do with it she would be fired. Plus she was no help in finding a notary.

I finally found one who had clearance and could go and get his signature. I also advised we could just close with joint ownership and I'd file the quit claim after the fact myself. Again no dice. If she had told me on day one of opening escrow that we needed a signed quit claim deed signed it could have happened and I would not be out $750. Do you think they offered to pay any of that money because it was their fault. Of course not, money grubbing title company. My final thing is if you are purchasing a house and they say the title company is First American Title, run for your life.

First American Title Insurance Company Information