3.9/5 (20 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About U-Pack

U-Pack is a flexible moving company that specializes in long-distance moves throughout North America. It’s an economical option for moving 100 miles or more, but the company doesn’t offer services for local moves. The company has two different types of equipment and completes most moves in two to five business days. Storage is available from U-Pack at its secure service centers.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Transparent pricing
    • Flexible storage options
    • Fast delivery times

Cons

• No locks on storage cubes
    • Local moves unavailable

Bottom Line

U-Pack offers flexible options and fast delivery times, which could make it a solid choice if you’re moving more than 100 miles and aren’t sure exactly how much space you’ll need for your things.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

U-Pack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Pack?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Pack?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

UPack system "you only pay for the space you use on the trailer truck". Awesome prices and delivery times. The Best Moving service. You can rely on the delivery and pickup times. Would use again. Check out their reviews.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I used ABF to move my entire household belongings across country. I don't think they are a typical moving company as I had to load up the truck they provided and rove. But they were the least expensive and arrived On-Time and provided us with plenty of time to load and unload. If you cannot afford the cost of a full service Moving company, this is very good alternative to both a full service company and renting your own moving truck when moving across country.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

There are very few guidelines for how to properly and safely pack your things included with the U-Pack pod. Other than that, it was very convenient to not have to rush through packing and loading, and I would highly recommend this moving system to anyone who can use it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I have used this company four other times and they were unwilling to give me a decent discount for a fifth time. All the moves were long distance and cost quite a bit. I was very disappointed they were unwilling to assist with a lower rate. The gentleman advised it was because of the time of year, which I was later told by another company should not have impacted the rate. The move was scheduled for November which is an off season for most companies.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

As we've seen here, U-Pack is the cheapest and most satisfying price! Geda U-Haul is a big business service provider that also runs U-Haul. It's a bit more reliable. I also love the fact that when I call U-Pack's customer center, I don't get calls from India far away, and that fluent English-speaking Americans get calls quickly without waiting time. But, of course, we don't have that kind of 24-hour customer center. But it's about time I got there. I wanted to call you on a holiday in the U.S. and you answered the phone. Thank you so much.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I used U-Pack cubes to move from Tennessee to Utah. They dropped our two cubes off in Chattanooga TN. a week in advance which provided us plenty of time to get my home packed up. The cubes were then picked up the morning that I was heading out on my roadtrip from TN. to Indiana to visit family. Then I was off to Utah. After arriving in Utah my cubes were delivered to my apartment the next morning. I spent the next two days unpacking the cubes and they were then retrieved in a timely manner. Customer service was great. The entire move was seamless. Wonderful company to deal with and the entire move was right around 3 Grand. Considerably cheaper than any other moving company and I did my research on all my options. Thanks U-Pack for a wonderful long distance move!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We had a great move with U Pack. They helped us every step of the way and were great to work with. They worked with us on our delivery and pick up dates and we were settled in so much faster than ever before. Nothing even shifted in the move.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

No problems with company. Very courteous employees. The truck was in good working condition. I would definitely use them again if I was moving although hopefully that won't happen anytime soon.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have repeatedly used U-pack. Only once did they provide a trailer that leaked through the roof. I hire packers and loaders locally. Packers and loaders are more difficult to find quality. Trailers usually show up on time.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Let me start by saying that we are so thankful and appreciative of U-Pack company and awesome service! We have at first reserved a local business movers to completely move us from NH to TX Jan 29th 2018 a month beforehand to be prepared and all. The company in North Hampton NH is called Preferred Movers that claimed they do weekly long distances from NH to South of USA... The owner Patrick Breen and his sales guy Zack come to our 650 square feet apt in Hampton to give us an estimate and sign contract if we like his pricing on a Friday morning weeks before the big move date.

Seems like they are nice guys and all and reassure us that they often do this long distance move and not to worry. He said he will be able to load the truck on Jan 29th around 7am to 9am and have it delivered and unload to our new home in TX around February 8th. We accepted and we started packing and all. Mind you we call at least 3 weeks ahead to plan this.

Now let's fast forward this to Jan 24th Wednesday before the big moving date Monday Jan 29th pickup. The owner calls me up and tells me that he lost another big shipment that was supposed to go South with our stuff because our load was not very big. He ends up saying as a courtesy call he will still be able to pick up our things on Jan 29th but will only delivered our things around February 19th. That's if he can sign up another household to go South with our things!!! 3 long weeks minimum to wait without all our house belongings 2000 miles away. We were furious! He said he will make some calls to a sister company called Ray the Mover in Manchester NH. (Another lying and no ethic company btw. That's another story.) We are only few days away from the move and we have a bunch of our pets to drive cross country for 27 hours and we won't have our things at least for another 3 weeks!

We are panicking, furious, disappointed and worried. We tried to call him back the next day Thursday Jan 25th, the following day after Friday Jan 26th to no avail the owner Patrick Breen and his sales guy Zack never answer or call back. Friday all morning I call all different local movers but with no success due to last minute notice. No one has availability to move us in three days which would be Monday Jan 29th. We freaked out, I drove to Preferred Movers in North Hampton 10 min away... And tried to see if the owner was there or Zack his sales guy. Only to find out that none of those two were there but their secretary. I was upset but remained calm. Told the secretary about the situation and she tells me: That they rarely drive to TX and sometimes have shipments to FL only but don't believe they ever went to TX!

After she called Patrick the owner who would ignore our calls few days before our move he chickened out, didn't even have the courtesy to speak to me and I was standing there listening to his and her conversation. I canceled our reservation right on the spot and she gave me the excuse that he is having the flu and all but could still pick up our things Monday and ship it out whenever he finds another big load to ship out with our things! Not acceptable, disrespectful, unprofessional, and unreliable business.

After she hangs up the secretary had the audacity to offer me her own husband's phone number to help load our things into containers if we were to use U-PACK. She tells me to keep this between her and I because her boss Patrick doesn't know that her husband does work on the side... WOW. What kind of local business is this? Its own secretary/employee is trying to get her own husband some side business being her own boss back... NO THANK YOU. I left and went home.

At last we called U-PACK. A very nice man picked up and said they would be able to deliver Monday Jan 29th two small Relocubes to us right in front of our apt in NH but we will have to move load ourselves. At this point we needed to be moved out by then so we didn't care. My husband and I would do our own move. U-PACK texted me and an agent even called us 1 hour before they delivered the Relocubes. We're there on time, no hassle, placed right where we wanted them. We loaded both Relocubes to their fullest and only had to click a link and called U-PACK and set our containers to be picked up two days later Jan 31st and we didn't need to be present as we were leaving for a long road trip that same morning.

Our neighbor downstairs texted us few hours later to let us know the cubes were being picked up on time like U-PACK promised us. Guess what, the day before our shipment was dropped off they texted us that it will be delivered guaranteed date Monday Feb 5th!!! That's awesome. Arrived right on time, nice gentleman came and asked us where we want it to be placed. So it arrived Monday Feb 5th to TX from NH and we unloaded the containers and our cubes were picked up Wednesday Feb 7th without us being present. U-PACK WERE OUR SAVIORS. EXCELLENT customer service, RELIABLE, on time. They meant what they said and promised! We will definitely use them again. THANK YOU U-PACK TEAM.

U-Pack Company Information