Call toll free
3.76/5
Based on 1,773 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5700 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 17, 2019

We moved to our house 18 months ago and went through one season of my applying lime, crabgrass preventer, nitrogen, weed and feed - to the tune of $700 and lots of walking with our spreader (we have an acre). My neighbors said the place never looked so beautiful - then came the fall and the crabgrass - destroyed all my hard work! This spring my lawn was full of chickweed and nutgrass - brown patches where I battled crabgrass. I started the routine again but it rained and rained....and after 5 bags I called TruGreen. Our representative was so helpful and our front yard is back to lovely...still some way to go on the chickweed but the lawn is thick and lush, dark green and all my neighbors are talking again...so this week they started using them. Jose is amazing and his recommendations are sound. Interestingly, a year's worth of service on our front yard (1/2 acre) is cheaper than my using a spreader and buying multiple chemicals myself. I'm a fan!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Jeanine, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Very pleased so far with TruGreen as they have already treated my front lawn and did my bridal wreath and tree. Appreciated when they reviewed my bridal wreath and tree and let me know the problems that were happening.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Ann, thanks for letting us know! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Servive provided was as scheduled. Promptness and courtesy at all times by the technichian. We've been using TruGreen since June of 2015 and are very satisfied with the results. I would reccommend using this service to all my friends and family. Thanks for a job well done.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Daniel, thanks for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear that our team is making your lawn a success!

Original review: April 16, 2019

TruGreen does an excellent job... We have used their services for several years and continue to be satisfied with the quality of their service and personnel. We highly recommend their services if you desire a wonder outdoor experience....

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi William, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Had TruGreen last summer for lawn care and lawn looked the same. Two weeks ago, saw a sign that TruGreen has been at our home. Called the company and told them we did not sign up for lawn care this year. We were told it's automatic renewal so once again, we said we don't want it and eventually the service was cancelled. Last week, we received a bill for $42.23. After 2 days of trying to call, finally got through. We told customer service that we received a bill for a service that we did not ask for. The person said that the contract stated automatic renewal and I said we were not aware of that when we signed up last year and there was no mention of it. She said, "I'll give you 50% off." I told her again that we are not paying for a service that we did not ask for. How many persons have this company conned with this automatic renewal nonsense? This company is dishonest, lacking in customer service.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, customer feedback is what makes us a better company. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are still willing, please private message us with your information so that we can take a closer look. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Treatments began in March and now my lawn look very thick and has a nice dark green color. I had problems with patches in my lawn but now that's gone. My lawn looks healthy and ready to enjoy! J.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Joyce, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Very good so far. Thanks for the job well done. I did recommend my neighbor across street to use TruGreen. And I will tell all my friends how good TruGreen is and they should switch for services in the future.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Hoa, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I feel our technician did a good job yesterday. I did mention to him that our mole crickets have returned and he confirmed that. We had treatment for that last fall but they are back. He said he would write up a work order for further treatment. I am just following up.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thanks for sharing your experience, Steven!

Original review: April 16, 2019

The TRUGREEN staff of professionals have been an outstanding job in maintaining my lawn, fertilizing the lawn, trimming the shrubbery, and supplying mulch. I highly recommend their services to everyone. I'm sure you will be as impressed as I am.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Carl, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Codey cares about his customers and goes above and beyond to provide great service. The only reason I remained a Tru Green customer is because of this specialist. I would consider some additional work on my yard if this specialist and I could meet to discuss. It is an area that has patches without grass.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Gail, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2019

There are very significant numbers of weeds in the yard including dandelions and another type (identity unknown) which are somewhat tall with small white flowers. I did write a positive review of the last treatment of my lawn, but since that time, the yard does not look good.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi David, This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with TruGreen better please let us know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2019

Received quote, was told this would be confirmed with home visit - no one showed, I called to follow up and see what happened.... And was then given a quote over the phone for double what I was told before. When I questioned this the rep was Argumentative and kept talking over me. I called to complain with customer service about such unprofessional interaction. They stated someone would call me back. Never heard from them... Needless to say they lost my $. I told them I was ready to purchase from the get go.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Megan, thank you for your feedback about our services. If there is anything we can do to make your experience with TruGreen better please let us know.

Original review: April 11, 2019

They have cared for my lawn for years and give me the best experience of my life. My lawn has never looked better is. If I ever have a problem they do not hesitate to complete and satisfy me. There is no better known care in the world.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thanks for sharing, Paul! We are thrilled to hear that our service is providing excellent care for you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

Our service was over 3 weeks ago and I haven't seen any results yet. Nothing turned brown, weeds are still flourishing. I called your service rep, Charles **, and the recording said his phone mail is not operative. If I go online, the apps are not user friendly. Bad service.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Sylvester, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our service. If you are willing, please private message us with your account information so that we can send a tech out to your lawn as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 11, 2019

2nd application really start to make a difference. Weeds are dying and original grass starting to grow rapidly. Every time I was scheduled it rained, still show good results. Encourage to call for additional applications at no charge, will make a great appearance.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Willie, thanks for the feedback. We're glad to hear that your lawn is looking good!

Original review: April 11, 2019

After having my husband work on our beautiful yard for 9 years, it got to be a bit overwhelming for him. We called TruGreen to just continue taking care of the beautiful green yard that my husband had produced. After the first year of TruGreen applications, the yard began looking awful! We were told it would take some time for them to rebuild the yard. During the second year of their applications, the bare spots, that they had created from the year prior, began to become larger and larger! Almost our entire acre of property became just dirt. We kept calling them out to look at it and do something with the yard to bring it back to its previous beautiful green grass condition.

After getting numerous different people out from TruGreen to look at the disaster, we received all different answers. One said we had grubs, which we did not after further inspection by numerous people, including another higher up employee from TruGreen. The next one stated TruGreen had over fertilized the yard, because there were strips of dead grass throughout the entire property. Finally, they sent a regional supervisor out and he told us that with our property, we would never be able to have green grass.

We told him he was absolutely crazy and showed him pictures of the beautiful green, thick, lush grass taken at numerous different seasons for the past 9 years when my husband was taking care of the yard. That supervisor had a nasty attitude and continued telling us that we would never be able to have any grass grow in our yard! He told us that no product is 100%! He refused to put in any seed blankets to regrow the grass, and refused to sod the yard back to what it was prior to them working in the yard. Do not waste your money on this company!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Deidre, we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our customer service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are still willing, please private message us with your account information so that we can take a closer look. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Perhaps my expectations were too high as I now have a number of area's where the grass is dead. Also, while the weeds have diminished, there are a considerable amount still growing after 2 weeks since the 1st application. He was here for 15 minutes, which from the start I felt uncomfortable with his approach and speed he went. I think his desire to get the job done quickly, made him put too much on the lawn and not enough weed killer down. I will re-assess after the next visit and if it turns out the same as the 1st one. I will need to cancel.... What a sin, as I expected much better results.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Steve, we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our customer. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are still willing, please private message us with your account information so that we can take a closer look. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The 1st application on Mar. 27, 2019. So far with the rain we getting the lawn were starting to be green, that we do not need to put grass seed. It was the way the Specialist did the spraying very professional that covers all the grass. Before we thought we are losing the grass. Keep your specialist for he is doing his job very good.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Herminia, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I decided to give TruGreen a try last year. The service was good when it was just the treatment of my scrubs and weeds. But then they said if I wanted great looking Lawn, to pay for the aeration and seeding which I did for over $200 and now I regret it because I am angry at the sight of my lawn. It has patches all over and dead spots. During the winter, whatever they dropped on my grass looked like dog pop and now all that spot is dead and dry. I am now trying to fix it the best I can... I should have listened.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Michelle, we are sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. This is not the kind of care that we set our standards for. If you are still willing, please private message us with your account information. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Stains on wall accidently caused by worker - Company tried several times unsuccessfully to remove them and when I was able to finally get rid of them by the man who powerwashed my house, TruGreen paid for it. I thought that was really good customer service. I have been satisfied with their care of my ornamental bushes. Workers are polite and professional.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Katherine, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We are happy to have helped correct some issues for you. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have been fortunate to have Scott ** spray my magnolia tree and inject my ash tree for the past six years (if not longer!). He is KNOWLEDGEABLE and professional to the utmost degree. I would be lost without him. Until last season, Eric ** used to fertilize my lawn. He, too, was like Scott. Last season, I had NUMEROUS persons and wasn't as satisfied, nor comfortable.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mary, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was not present during the first treatment but was left a detailed description in my front door stating everything that was observed and the application of the pre-emergent to get the grass to green up slowly. I have noticed certain areas that have greened up so will keep watching to see if other areas follow suit.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thanks for letting us know, Andrew! If you need anything else moving forward, please private message us with your account information.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Good service. Nice people and any problem just talk to them and they try very hard to fix as quickly as they can, but some times takes longer than than expected. But all in all the price and service are very reasonable.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Robin, thanks for sharing your experience. If there is anything else we can do for you, please private message us with your account information. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We still have bugs on the plants, not happy. Please take care f this. The yard looks good but plants need attention. When will someone be out to correct the issues. We have contacted you 2 times to date. The plants are new and this must be addressed.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Keith, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our bug service. If you would please private message us with your account information, we can get a tech out to your lawn as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

On March 21, 2019 I hired TruGreen to service my lawn here in Lutz Florida. The tech came out, sprayed some chemicals and informed me that they have to put grass plugs in the in several places in the lawn... On This was to the tune of $360??? On March 22, 2019 TruGreen took this payment out of my account. They assured me that someone will be at my home within (3) days the complete this work! Three days have gone and passed NO TruGreen!! I called back and was told... "Oh they will be out there in another (3) days!!"

Another week passed and NO TruGreen!! I called several times and ask to speak supervisor. I was told "There is NO Supervisor available" or "He is out in the field or even better... "He is NOT at his desk. Or answering his phone!!" They are reluctant to pass you to a supervisor!! As of April 9th, 2019, I have called (5) requesting a supervisor TO NO AVAIL. Same answer by TruGreen! They have said we will make a note in your file for a supervisor to call you. It will take 24 to 48 hours for return call. Guess what??? NO CALLBACK!

Called the local TruGreen office in Tampa, ONLY to be told I was speaking to someone in a call center in NEW YORK!!!..UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Since then I have been getting fines from my HOA because TruGreen's LACK of service. I will NEVER recommend TruGreen to ANYONE, and would tell my family and friends who are TruGreen customers to DISCONTINUE their service!!!! TRULY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Hi S.,

We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our customer service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are still willing, please private message us with your account information so that we can take a closer look. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have been a customer of TruGreen for over 10 years, this year the customer service is the worse I have ever seen anywhere. I called 4 time so far to prepay for the year. I called back again a week after my first call to be told the CC on file was not correct. So I gave them the CC again to prepay for the year. Just to make sure, I called couple of hours later to check and I was told everything is fine and it will take a day or two for the charges to appear on my CC. This morning my CC was charged for one application, which was rendered earlier in the year.

When I called I was told the notes on the account says I called and canceled. When I stated this is not correct and that I called to prepay the rep told me I can prepay but the amount they charged my CC cannot be refunded and that I would have to prepay for the year which basically means I would have to pay for one extra application needlessly. When I asked to talk to a supervisor they told me none is available. I asked when can I call to talk to one, they said, "We are it. Not one else is available."

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Al, we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our customer service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are still willing, please private message us with your account information so that we can take a closer look. Thank you.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Jerome ** was very pleasant was thorough and completing his job and friendly. I appreciate his work and his care enough to explain what was going on on the property. The trees and shrubs look good at this time but there was a warning concerning bees in the tree near the garage and brown branches from winter damage.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Vera, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Please don’t recommend TruGreen, since I just discontinued their service, as I have used them for the past 2 years and my experience has been terrible. The lawn and beds are sea of weeds, the grass is dead in spots due to their lack of control over the use of their chemicals that damaged the lawn. Nice people to work with but totally incompetent.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bert, we're sorry to hear you weren't pleased with your TruGreen service. If there is anything else we can do for you please send us a private message. We wish you the best. Thank you.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2019

I did an online quote and then called to set up an appointment and found out it was almost $100 difference! My backyard is fenced in and not fenced on all three sides on the actual property line so it should actually be less square foot. If the online price quote is not going to be honored or near the same they need to not have online quotes or have a Clearly visible disclaimer stating actual price may not be the same as online quote. We were ready to sign up but is too expensive.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Cindy, we are sorry for this confusion. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know in a private message. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been using TrueGreen Charlotte. I was wondering why certain spots in my yard especially the front looked better. Well I found out when I looked at my cameras and found that all 4 services that were performed he only sprayed a portion of front and portion on the side. He would stretch his spray hose out 10 and that would be all he would spray. I called and explained to customer service for three weeks (800) number and not once did I get return service or a return phone call from the Charlotte office. I would highly recommend using another company.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Jeff, we're sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your service. If there is anything we can do to assist you please feel free to send us a private message with your account information.

TruGreen Lawn Care expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TruGreen was founded in 1973 in Troy, Mich. Today, the company headquarters are located in Memphis, Tenn. The company applies science-based solutions to meet residential and commercial lawn care needs.

• Scientific approach: TruGreen employs several individuals with Ph.Ds. in horticulture and other relevant subjects. These individuals design service offerings and training programs so that all TruGreen technicians fully understand the science behind lawn care.

• Service options: Interested customers can visit TruGreen’s website to learn about the variety of service plans the company offers. All plans include a Healthy Lawn Analysis®, targeted weed control and fertilizer. Some plans also include aeration and/or lime treatment to balance the pH in customers’ soil.

• PGA provider: Trugreen is the official lawn care provider of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA). In addition to caring for the greens of PGA Championship courses, the company offers deals to PGA members.

• Community involvement: TruGreen is committed to creating green spaces for everyone to enjoy. Local offices have planted flowers and grass around public schools in Los Angeles and helped to improve landscaping at Memphis parks. In spring of 2016, the company helped to create a community vegetable garden and fruit orchard in Lansing, Mich.

• Tree and shrub care: Customers who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their trees and shrubs can add specific services to their TruGreen plans. Options include root fertilization, pest control, spring feeding and targeting trunk injection, which corrects nutrient imbalances.

• Best for: TruGreen offers services to meet most customers’ needs and budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs