Call toll free
3.87/5
Based on 1,724 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5552 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Very bad experience. According the company service of spray is front and backyard. July and August service guy make wrong spray in front lawn and my whole front lawn burn and backyard was good because no one did spray in backyard. I call the company after one month. They send the lawn expert. Lawn expert had the same review.

No one spray backyard. Only spray front lawn after they treated front lawn but company send the bill for two services so many times I asked what type of bill for two services. Your guy gave two services and he did only front lawn not the full services and they did wrong spray. And my front lawn burn. Then they have only one reply. They gave service. Doesn't matter wrong or right spray you should pay for service. This is not fair. This is very bad experience. First you give wrong service and not full, and damage the lawn and charge the full service.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Sanjay, thank you for writing in. Your review describes service that is not on par with what we want you to expect from your TruGreen team. If you would, please send us a private message so that we can look into this issue and help find a solution for you. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had purchased the lawn care and tree and shrub service for my yard. I had weed issues all year long and they did come out several times to try and kill weeds but it never worked. An inspector came over several times telling me I needed more services and tree and shrub service which I already had. I feel like that was a complete waste of money. The overseed and aeration I paid for was done by a new person and they just dropped piles of seeds all around. I disputed the bill and found out that they closed my account. I have had a bad experience in all ways.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Joshua, thanks for writing to tell us about your TruGreen experience. This is not the quality of service we pride ourselves on. We'd like to look into this further, please send us a private message so we can help with a solution. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

In order to see results you have to do your part and be diligent about proper follow up. If you do not see results call them and ask them to come and reapply. My grass was a mess and almost exactly 10 months of treatment it looks better than it ever has. I am a happy consumer yet was very hesitant to hire them due to negative reviews.

Hi Jared!

We are glad to hear your lawn is doing great. We are very happy to have customers like you!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My lawn is in better shape because of TruGreen. They treat my grass, shrubs and bushes. Cannot find weeds. Bushes usually look healthy. When there are issues with the looks of the lawn or shrubs, they are pointed out to me. If I want those issues to be dealt with, I request a specialist to attempt to correct them. They do their job. Thanks, TruGreen.

Hi Karen!

Sounds like you are will us for the "lawn" haul. We are thrilled you are pleased with your service and are so glad to have customers like you!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I started with TruGreen this year, my service has been better than I expected. When I had a question about what they were doing to improve my lawn the rep AHMED ** took the time to tell me what he was applying and the results I should expect. If I thought the treatment was not doing what it should I called the company and they replied we will re-treat, and they did, I got the good results expected. I will recommend TruGreen to my friends.

Hello Roy!

It makes us extremely happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with our service so far! We are proud to have technicians, like Ahmed, that take the time to make our customers' needs a priority.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When performing aeration and seeding, came back twice to make sure the job was done right. Would recommend to others. Would like to call before starting the job, so that I can provide any specific requirement. Otherwise, always punctual and flexible in scheduling.

Hey Dipak,

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our service so far! Customers like you truly make the grass greener on OUR side.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

You can count on TruGreen for True Lawn Care. If you ever have questions or not sure of your service, just give them a call and they will respond quickly with honest, helpful answers. I recently called them about what I thought were weeds that weren't being properly treated on my lawn to find out it was fescue grass that my zoysia had not choked out yet. I felt a little silly but glad I called and found out the truth!

Hi Connie!

We are so happy that you are enjoying our excellent customer service! We love that you are asking questions about the progress of your lawn. Customers like you make our world go around!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The report I got from my visit last week said I needed to water the yellow spots. I have standing water in my backyard from all the rain this month. I was hoping for some guidance on what to do about the drainage. The report also said I needed to add topsoil to bare spots. If the technician had actually been in the backyard, he would have seen the top soil I just added. My lawn looks terrible and I'm ready to fire TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Dear Denise, thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear that your service didn’t live up to the standards we set for ourselves. We find the concerns you have listed unacceptable. We want your experience with TruGreen to be great, and we want to work with you to resolve your concerns to your complete satisfaction. Please message us privately so we can discuss your issues in depth.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I find the service is excellent but it is difficult to contact my local office when I am out of the country. I travel a great deal but do not use an international telephone. My iPod Touch receives email but it is not a phone. If I need to adjust or halt service at such times my TruGreen app refers me to a 1-800 phone number. I am unable to do so.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

William, we appreciate you providing feedback about your service. The app and our online service does give the ability to reschedule services. If you like we can change your notification preferences to email, which should help for better notifications. Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I had a major problem with your service as it was done far too late in the season. The aerator and over-seeding was performed after the first snow and when the weather was predicted to go below 32 for numerous days thereafter. In sum, it was a waste of time and my money.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Theodore, we are still working on a resolution for you. We will give you an update. Thank you for your patience ~ LG

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have the best yard in our subdivision. I moved into the house in 2014 with literally no grass. The TruGreen team has made my yard plush and green. Thank you so much for keeping things beautiful. No doubt you have my recommendation for lawn care.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Gerald, thank you for the joyous review. Not only do we maintain the health and vigor but we are here to assist in ensuring it is aesthetically pleasing for our customers. Your review lets us know that we have accomplished that!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had to call countless times to get services I signed up for and even in May wrong service provided that showed ortho but was actually lawn service and it took 3 weeks to get it right. Took until end of July to get lime application after calling. Services scheduled and canceled for no reason. I was to have 7 lawn treatments, 1 lime application and 4 ortho treatments. When I look at invoices a total of 7 trips made to the house and still no idea what service was done in November.

When I call I get apologies but bad service continues. 4 pest services to be done and didn’t start until June and then all of a sudden in early Oct. said I was finished - no reason. Called several times. Finally said would be done November 21. Received a torn piece of paper saying service was done and could see if log into account. Cannot see anything and have no idea what was done as it shows 8 lawn applications not 7 and 4 ortho applications but last date in September. So I have no idea what is going on with TruGreen and your website is useless.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Dear Patricia, thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the experience you had with our staff and website. Can you please message us privately, with your customer information, so we can look in to this for you? Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I was happy with the job performed on my property. My only critique would be that my appointment kept getting postponed and I had to call numerous time to have someone come out. I'd appreciate if they were more punctual. Thank you.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Good Morning Aubrey Casteel thank you for you feedback!!! I am so glad to hear that we did an excellent job on the aerating and overseeding. We at TruGreen love to read when our specialist are being professional and educating our customers in the lawn services. Thank you again for the wonderful words you giving our specialist being outing . You can also complete the survey online that can reward your specialists $10.00 just by providing your feedback. You would go on www.trugreen.com and setup an account. You would go to the bottom left of the page after logging in and click on send us your feedback. Thank you again if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us @ 1-800-515-338. Thank you for Choosing TruGreen!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Love the service, makes life easier and is far better than I have been able to d in the past. Time saving is excellent and the applications work well. I think it's a great way to have a good looking lawn.

Hello Jon,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and providing us with your positive feedback. I am happy to hear you are satisfied with our services. Our goal is make sure you are receiving what you are paying for and services as expecting. We appreciate your many years you have entrusted us with your lawn care needs. Please let me know if you do not continue to receive this level of customer service to ensure we get back on the right path.

Thank you again for choosing TruGreen.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Someone showed up every 5-6 weeks, analyzed what my yard needed and applied the proper treatments. When I needed them to come back between sprayings (for stubborn weeds) they came back at no charge. I can honestly say that my lawn both front and back looked really good throughout the summer and still looks good in the dormant stage. I will use this service again in 2019. Thanks.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for your positive review. We are so pleased to hear that your TruGreen service has lived up to your expectations. We look forward to another great year with you in 2019. Thanks again for being a TruGreen customer!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Contacted this annoying and unprofessional company to kill my weeds and to provide fire ant protection. Not one weed in a 3/4 acre lot ever turned brown or died! They promised to kill all fire ants for a year for over $240. They applied the product and left a receipt. The receipt said they placed product for a 1/8 acre lot---not 3/4 acre lot! Fire Ants never died and actually spread. Refused to come back and treat for free, as promised in guarantee. Disputed with credit card company and WON! They now have turned over to collection company. NOW I file suit against them and their collection company and win serious money for costs, attorney fees and more! BEWARE!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Dear JT, we take our responsibility to you very seriously, and we are greatly concerned about your feedback. We have built a reputation for providing more than 40 years of unparalleled, customized, and timely service to all of our valued customers, and we strive to conduct our operations in the highest ethical standards. If you have further questions or concerns, please message us privately and we will be happy to assist you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I am very happy with the guys who performed my service of seeding and coming back out and reseeding more as some bare spots. Greg ** & Brent ** are both very precise in what they are performing, at the same time valuing my property as I like. Thank to both of them.

Dear Connie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback! We are thrilled that your TruGreen experience has been courteous, convenient, and professional. If you should like, you can register your online profile at www.TruGreen.com to leave a credited review for Greg and Brent. Thank you so much for choosing TruGreen—we look forward to another great year with you!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

TruGreen does a great job, from timely applications of great products down to customer service by providing value. I have been a long term customer with multiple properties and I can confidently recommend them. The price is reasonable and the service and results are outstanding.

Hello Frank!

A major thank you for being with us since 2011!!! We’re always happy to hear of long term successful partnerships with TruGreen, and yes we definitely try to work with you! If you need us for anything at all, please give us a call at 1-800-515-3380! Thanks so much and have a very Merry Christmas!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I live close to the Ga power line. There are many weeds that blow off the power line making it hard to stop them from growing in my yard. My TruGreen specialist does a great job keeping my lawn looking good.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Delbert, we are happy to hear that your specialist has been able to help you with those weeds. We are happy that you have decided to partner with us for your lawn care needs.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I'm very pleased with the service from TruGreen lawn service. Andrew, the technician with TruGreen that services my lawn is very knowledgeable about what needs done and when to do it in order to keep my lawn looking good. He is very courteous and friendly towards his customers, which means a lot to me.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

John, thank you for taking the time to review your specialist. We are happy to hear that he keeps you informed about your property. If you would like, you can visit www.trugreen.com and complete the specialist survey in the feedback section of your "my account" page. Thank you for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

TruGreen truly makes the yard green and healthy! Thank you TruGreen for saving our trees and recovering our lawn. Had we not called you for help, we would have lost our ornamentals and our lawn would have been in terrible shape with many bare spots.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Mary, we are so happy to hear that your overall lawn and trees have improved! We are truly pleased to know that we were able to address your concerns and remedy them to your satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

After the 2nd season of TruGreen care, my lawn continues to improve and look great. All I have had to do is keep it cut. The TG team has communicated exactly what service was needed, when the team would be performing service, and then reliably provided service. The lawn thanks them and so do I!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Michael, we are delighted to hear that you lawn continues to improve. We are happy that customer service has been responsive to your needs. Thank you for partnering with TruGreen!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The Specialist who treated the lawn on 11/06/18, Byron, was a pleasure to meet. He was very friendly and explained exactly what he was doing and what his future plans are to get my lawn in better health. I'm so glad he'll be the one to take over the service!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Penny, thank you for taking the time to review the experience that you had with your specialist. We are truly pleased to know that he was able to keep you informed and review your property. If you would like, you can visit www.trugreen.com and complete the specialist survey in the feedback section of your "my account" page.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Just started new service with TruGreen and very happy with everyone on the staff. Heather and Bob do a great job in the office and gave me a good price and Cornelius my service rep in the field has been amazing. Looking forward to my yard looking great.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Ralph, thank you for reviewing your services. We are happy that our staff has been able to assist you with all your needs. Let us know if there is any way that we can further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

This is my first experience with the company. I started this journey late in the fall but with this being only a few days before Thanksgiving my yard has a lot of new grass coming up through mostly weeds and brown spots. I am confident that a year from now my yard will show great improvement.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Tommie, we are happy to hear that some improvement has occurred in such a short time. Let us know if there is any questions or concerns that you have with your new service. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Great job for my first year with TruGreen, yard is looking much better. Weed control was very good. And grass looks much healthier. Looking forward to next year as well. I would recommend them any of my friends and neighbors.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

James, thank you for reviewing your services. We are happy to hear that the lawn has improved. Thank you for your willingness to recommend. We look forward to a great year together!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Hey I signed up and clearly stated to Joe that I wanted communication and guidance. So far my treatments have been done by their different people with no communication. So Rob at ** why aren't you accepting calls on the number you gave me? Somebody???

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thomas, we attempted to contact you to personally address your concerns. We are anxious for the opportunity to resolve your experience and ask that you call us back at 800-515-3380 at your earliest convenience or reply in a private response with the best time to reach you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I found that the key to TruGreen's effectiveness is flexibility. The weather is always different and so the applications need to be at different times. I just made a simple phone call to adjust what was best for me. Also I found the quality of materials used is far better than I could ever purchase. My lawn is a real challenge without having real good topsoil and just the backfill. So maintenance is so important and TruGreen is there for me.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

David, thank you for reviewing your services. We are happy that you have found that our service works for your needs. Thank you for partnering with TruGreen!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The personnel who apply the applications for TruGreen have been very professional. However it appears that some of the lawn products they apply are not the job as efficiently or effectively as they have been told they do. The weeds on my lawn finally appear to be getting "under control"; however, there are a number of bare spots/areas in the lawn. This is not due to under-watering as my monthly irrigation water usage is approximately 70,000 gallons/month. Mike ** has done a fantastic job on the shrubs on our property whenever he been assigned to our property.

TruGreen Lawn Care response
Roger, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your services. TruGreen offers free and unlimited reservices in between

your regularly scheduled paid visits upon request, to address additional concerns (such as weeds). Combining this partnership: a full program with proper mowing/watering habits, we believe that the lawn will improve. Please let us know if we need to send someone out.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

TruGreen and my specialist, Rosemary **, have taken great care of my trees and shrubs. Rosemary is very professional, thorough and personable. I trust her with the health of my trees and shrubs. Her advice on things I can do to improve my landscape are invaluable.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

John, thank you for taking the time to review your specialist. We are happy that Rosemary has kept you informed about your trees and shrubs. If you would like, you can visit www.trugreen.com and complete the specialist survey in the feedback section of your "my account" page. Thank you for partnering with TruGreen!

TruGreen Lawn Care expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TruGreen was founded in 1973 in Troy, Mich. Today, the company headquarters are located in Memphis, Tenn. The company applies science-based solutions to meet residential and commercial lawn care needs.

• Scientific approach: TruGreen employs several individuals with Ph.Ds. in horticulture and other relevant subjects. These individuals design service offerings and training programs so that all TruGreen technicians fully understand the science behind lawn care.

• Service options: Interested customers can visit TruGreen’s website to learn about the variety of service plans the company offers. All plans include a Healthy Lawn Analysis®, targeted weed control and fertilizer. Some plans also include aeration and/or lime treatment to balance the pH in customers’ soil.

• PGA provider: Trugreen is the official lawn care provider of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA). In addition to caring for the greens of PGA Championship courses, the company offers deals to PGA members.

• Community involvement: TruGreen is committed to creating green spaces for everyone to enjoy. Local offices have planted flowers and grass around public schools in Los Angeles and helped to improve landscaping at Memphis parks. In spring of 2016, the company helped to create a community vegetable garden and fruit orchard in Lansing, Mich.

• Tree and shrub care: Customers who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their trees and shrubs can add specific services to their TruGreen plans. Options include root fertilization, pest control, spring feeding and targeting trunk injection, which corrects nutrient imbalances.

• Best for: TruGreen offers services to meet most customers’ needs and budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs