Call toll free
3.81/5
Based on 1,566 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5225 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My lawn is a lot better this fall than any year previous since living at current location 22 years. Always called and said when they coming to apply fertilizer and/or weedkiller. Received the treatments that I agreed upon.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Dianna and Cody are two knowledgeable individuals who are passionate about their work. I also appreciate the advice for the best shrubs to plant and the compliments about my hard work with the landscape. I'm pleased with the outcome of my lawn and the major reduction of weeds. My Bermuda grass looks like carpet now.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was highly impressed with Robert and his professional manner. He seemed very knowledgeable about all your services. I have requested that he be our technician. I look forward to future good experiences with TruGreen. I hope that future work will continue with the same quality.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Very happy with the service and results of the TruGreen team. Did an excellent job eliminating the broadleaf weeds which were a big problem earlier this summer. Staff very personable and accommodating. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a quality lawn service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I just recently began services with TruGreen after reading numerous reviews regarding their service. Overall, I was very satisfied with the scope of work as everything was completed in a timely manner. Unfortunately, the service technician did not do a good job of keeping dirt off our walkway nor did they bother to clean up after the fact. I was able to clean it afterwards and not a huge deal.

Upon receiving my first invoice I noticed that not only was I not being charged the original starting price of $29.95 but I was also being double invoices for $56.95. Soon after I contacted a customer service rep whom appeared to be very helpful and ensuring I would be refunded the $56.95 and would only be charged the $29.95 for the first service. It has been two weeks now and I have not received the reimbursement, a credit towards my account or a follow up call. As I previously stated overall it is a great service for the scope of work however there is definitely areas in which to improve.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Our lawn looked pretty good for a while and now it never looked worse. We have grubs eating the lawn and TruGreen did not spray for that. We figured when we hired TruGreen if the lawn had a problem, which I mentioned, when the guy came to spray it would have been taken care. TruGreen is too busy trying to make more money selling phosphorus then dealing with what we already pay for!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We are new to TruGreen but I am so far very impressed with them. They came right back out to reseed and aerate our yard because we had such torrential rains it washed all our seed away and flattened the plugs. They are really nice when they come out. I appreciate their quick response when I requested a re-treatment.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

TruGreen helped my dying lawn perk back up. The service attendant always is kind and caring. I would recommend this company to anyone. I moved here from Las Vegas where I had rocks instead of grass. Now I am proud of my green lawn.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

1st. Been very happy with what you’ve been doing and I can tell the yard looks and is better than it has the last couple years. Now. Last application was applied after rain/drizzle overnight. Still drizzling dure AM. Voiced concerns and told it would still work. Well as of now there are a consideable number of weeks thriving around the yard. Also. Have not contacted anyone yet but was going to.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I am very satisfied with the regular service! But when I called about the armyworms I got several different answers. The office said they would be here a certain and never showed up. We stayed home all day and waited on them. Called again and was told was still getting scheduled. It took approximately 2 weeks to get here so we will see how much permanent damage is done.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Aeration and seeding. Work was done on time and at a fair price. I would definitely recommend. Billing was easy to understand. It is easy to track arrival of technician on computer. They will arrive on time whether permitting. The technician was courteous. I was informed on exactly what work was done.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The techs are courteous and competent in their jobs. I appreciate TruGreen's being a customer oriented business. My lawn needed help. TruGreen has changed it to a beautiful sight. Several people have commented on it. Also others have expressed interest in TruGreen.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I really appreciated the tech coming to me and explaining my 1st app along with verifying the property info. Super nice and informative guy! Looking forward to the long term results which I’m sure will be great if this first experience is any indication.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The previous owner of our residence did not do anything with his yard. This is our first year with TruGreen and we can certainly tell a difference between last year and this year. We look forward to continued great service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

William has been very professional and knowledgeable about our lawn care. I was concerned about a specific weed (spotted spurge) that had taken over our lawn. William assured me that within two treatments, it would be under control. He was correct and I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Our yard before service was so terrible, bumpy, filled with weeds all over. In just a short year of service, it is lush, green, and comfortable to spend time in. We were so satisfied with the price as well, as we have children and many other things for our money to go to. Overall, this was such a great experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Donald aerated our lawn on this past Saturday. He was very professional, courteous and respectful of our property. Our scheduling process was a bit confusing and online info very misleading. Fortunately for me, I was able to have local Mgr get us scheduled and work completed as planned.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In just a short time our yard has really made a turnaround. Our technicians are always very helpful and thorough. I have already recommended TruGreen to several friends and family. Our crabgrass issue has really been fixed. The lawn is looking a lot thicker and healthy.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

TruGreen is an excellent lawn care service. I signed up with them in 2014 and our front lawn literally looked like hay. A mow, blow, and go lawn guy had infused all types of grass in our yard along with a thick yellow straw type weed. Neighbors were complaining so we hired TruGreen and they literally turned our yard into a deep, dark green luscious yard. It was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We had the best looking yard in the neighborhood! Everybody was jealous!! You'll Never waste your money by letting them care for your lawn. Now, if only they mowed, trim, and etc. When they start their sprinkler system program in our area, we will sign up.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have been a TruGreen customer for three years now. I have been very pleased with the way my lawn looks. The technicians that come to work at our yard are very knowledgeable and responsible! I would definitely recommend TruGreen!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Ronnie did an excellent job on the overseeding and aeration for my lawn. He went above and beyond by taking the time to explain the process and answer all my questions regarding future maintenance and care of my lawn. The level of customer service that he provided was excellent.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Pleased with service personnel but yard grass is dead in an area and is getting larger. I understood that an inspector would make recommendations after personally inspection of grass. Yard is not much but I feel that for the price and your brochures it should be better. Come and see.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

2 reps provided the service. They explained the process and procedures. They were professional courteous and completed the process. They arrived during the window scheduled. Assured me that aeration will be beneficial to the lawn. I have had the service for 3 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Derrick ** has been my lawn treatment specialist for a very long time now and has always been willing to talk, explain and spray as necessary. Great and friendly guy to have representing TruGreen! I am very satisfied with Derrick's service!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

You have done a great job with aeration reseeding and fertilization. New seed sprouted in about 10 days. The fertilization has my lawn thick and greener than it has been in the past. The only problem is that the raccoons are tearing up the turf going after grubs etc.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Townzen ** serviced my lawn and was very informative as to how I could assist in lawn improvements. Townzen was curious, patient and very polite. I appreciate the improvements in my lawn in such a short period of time. I did apply efforts to assist. Thank you Townzen for your support.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Aeration and overseed - Your service of my lawn is always good. I just don't like that I can't set up a more specific time for my services. I can only set up a time window, but I'd like to create a specific appointment time so that I can be home when the service is completed.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

This lawn service is top notch! I can rely on them to ensure my lawn always looks great and there are no weeds anywhere. I highly recommend TruGreen to anyone who wants their lawn to look its best. Also, customer service is there to treat you special and valued if you call.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I started out the summer with a very poor looking lawn. There were lots of brown patches and its overall appearance was not good. I had never used TruGreen before so I decided to give them a try. Part way through the summer and a few treatments later my lawn looked beautiful!! I got a lot of great advice from TruGreen on how to care for my lawn. I will be back again next year! Thanks TruGreen!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

TruGreen has given prompt, courteous, and great service to your home. The telephone contact is excellent. Service personnel arrive strictly on time. Major efforts are made to please the homeowner. We can think of no other company that we would rather do business with!

TruGreen Lawn Care expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TruGreen was founded in 1973 in Troy, Mich. Today, the company headquarters are located in Memphis, Tenn. The company applies science-based solutions to meet residential and commercial lawn care needs.

• Scientific approach: TruGreen employs several individuals with Ph.Ds. in horticulture and other relevant subjects. These individuals design service offerings and training programs so that all TruGreen technicians fully understand the science behind lawn care.

• Service options: Interested customers can visit TruGreen’s website to learn about the variety of service plans the company offers. All plans include a Healthy Lawn Analysis®, targeted weed control and fertilizer. Some plans also include aeration and/or lime treatment to balance the pH in customers’ soil.

• PGA provider: Trugreen is the official lawn care provider of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA). In addition to caring for the greens of PGA Championship courses, the company offers deals to PGA members.

• Community involvement: TruGreen is committed to creating green spaces for everyone to enjoy. Local offices have planted flowers and grass around public schools in Los Angeles and helped to improve landscaping at Memphis parks. In spring of 2016, the company helped to create a community vegetable garden and fruit orchard in Lansing, Mich.

• Tree and shrub care: Customers who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their trees and shrubs can add specific services to their TruGreen plans. Options include root fertilization, pest control, spring feeding and targeting trunk injection, which corrects nutrient imbalances.

• Best for: TruGreen offers services to meet most customers’ needs and budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs