3.8/5 (745 ratings)

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About TruGreen Lawn Care

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

Pros

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

Cons

• Won’t fit every budget

Bottom Line

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Verified

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made ...

Verified

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yar...

Banner image

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I started using TruGreen last July, 2022. The result has been horrible. They sprayed chemicals several times which has killed everything green. Today 1/18/1923, just before Spring there is not one blade of grass anywhere in my back yard or half the front yard. I have called them the five times to talk with a manager or service personnel to see what their program is to restore my lawn. I can not get a review or a call from anybody. I have had to cancel any further service and now have to find another lawn service to correct the problem. Do not use this service. Gary ** Roswell, GA

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Trugreen sent a text that my service was provided today but no one was at my house. I called and they said maybe he did the wrong house but I received a detailed report with my address saying what was done. This was a return to treat problems with shrubs. After calling they had someone come out that was new and he started putting fertilizer around plants. I ran out and told him to stop. Showed him the problem plant and he said he was a tree guy and did not know what to do. I guessed it was a fungal problem and told him but he did not know. Then he had his manager talk to me, I am in Florida his manager was in New York telling me the plant was fine and was overwatered. Meanwhile the tech said it was too dry. But I have an identical plant 6 feet away doing great.

I mentioned this and was told the soil was different, even though it was only 6 feet away in the same flower bed. Then the manager said it looked normal. The other plant 6 feet away is green covered with flowers but this one has no flowers and spots on the leaves. Supposedly someone with knowledge will be back next week.

The yard service is not much better. The first application was spayed on when the winds were above 15mph gusting to over 20 so everything blew away. They came back and did a second application. Looking at my yard and my neighbors after 3 treatments there is little difference in the two yards and they are not treating their yard. Trugreen would not refund me for the full year just the last service which was at least something. I can take a leaf to a nursery and buy what I need to treat my plants. It seems Trugreen puts on fertilizer and hope for the best. I still have weeds in the yard after 2 treatments.

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

On numerous occasions we were told via text that the representative had come and done a service. Since we work from home and never saw the treatment being done and our dog never alerted us that someone was in the backyard, we do not believe the treatment was done. We signed the contract on March 3, 2021. We were later billed for the aeration completed on March 1, 2021! Today reviewing our account I see that two treatment were billed on March 3rd. Impossible as the contract was just signed and no treatments were done.

We have called for treatments on several occasions when we received texts to says a treatment would be done and we knew it wasn't. (We should have viewed our account online earlier to find out what treatments were charged. We were doing that now to find out when the final treatment would be done as counted 7 times we knew someone had been here.) Our account indicates that we have received all treatments paid for.

On one occasion, a treatment sign was left in our front yard, but none in the back. We think someone drove by and put a sign out without doing the treatment. Another time a rep came out and I watched him treat half of our backyard. When I asked why, he said his hose wasn't long enough to reach the whole yard! The original weeds are still in our yard after a year's treatments. I don't believe we can trust TruGreen to do treatments on our lawn.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I signed up with Trugreen on 06/15/2021 for lawn services which I had to prepay upfront and was never told about the "continuing service." I even clarified with the agent that the service will stop after all services that I prepaid for was completed and he said yes, also have an email from him stating that. I live at a different address and had no idea that Trugreen was still servicing my account without any notifications. The only calls I got from them is for payment collection. This is unfair and deceptive practices and I had to pay over $600 for services I did not want. Trugreen has nothing that is in clear writing about their practices and they should be honest and upfront with consumers.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The recent reviews I just read are phony, run do not walk from TruGreen, trying to get an insect treatment from them, I wrote 3 letters to them and one to corp. Hq, and BBB, no one ever returned my calls, I talked to 3 mgmt nodes in 3 different states, they all said they would have my local Dothan, AL connect me. After 4 months of this crap, I wrote them a letter that I was dropping them. Never heard a word, when I got a bill I called them to confirm that I was no longer a client, they confirmed it. The next day I got a call at 7am, asking what they could do to keep me as a client, I told them nothing, they were worthless, National reviews confirm that trugreen is totally worthless, run don't walk. !!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

More than once TruGreen arrived at my property but never completed my service but charged me the full price. If I had not been home I would have never known. They have dishonest employees who never complete the service but say they did. I travel quite a bit for work so I’m not always home when they come. But I witnessed them 3 times just sit in the truck in front of my house for 30 minutes then leave. But charge me as if they treated my lawn!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

TRUGREEN service is SO TERRIBLE!! I would rate them ZERO Star, This is the first time I try to use another vendor for my lawn. I deeply regret it. My lawn is worse than before. They DID NOT service. They miss schedule, and when I call, they are extremely rude! STAY AWAY from TRUGREEN!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Very fraudulent company. Technician finally came out and spent 25 mins in his truck, walked up to my door, left a tag saying he has serviced my yard, then walked to one side and back to his truck. No treatment given. I have a video of him just sitting in his truck.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I pre-paid for a year’s service. It is a nightmare. They never did a soil Analysis on my yard, they treated someone else yard instead of mine (the house they treated was not a customer) after finding out I confronted the Tech and he said he had because that’s where the gps system had sent him to. They started finally coming to my house and they would be there for 5 minutes and leave. Our yard has more weeds in it now than ever. I left 9 messages with the local manager and he never returned any calls.

One morning I got a notification on phone that they were there so I went outside and no one was there so I stood there waiting and no one showed up and I get another text saying that my service was complete. So I was furious and drove 45 minutes to the local office to speak to the manager because he wasn’t returning my calls. I spoke to the sales manager because they claimed the service manager wasn’t there. Nothing was really done and all I heard was excuses. They never irrigated my lawn and I questioned why and they said it wasn’t time. They were supposed to do it in fall and they didn’t. I get a phone call in August they wanted to irrigate my lawn. It was in the high 90’s and no rain for while and ground was hard as a rock. So I told them no.

I then decided on firing them and getting my money back and they closed my account and said they would issue me a refund. I received a text saying they tried to refund my money and it was declined from my bank. I called my bank to find out why they tell me there was never a attempt on their side showing any refund declined from my bank. I have fought this company to do what I hired them to do and they never have. All they do is lie and scam their customers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

So I have TruGreen for my lawn for 2 seasons. First season was fine. Very few issues or reasons to communicate. This season we are finishing I can say my lawn is about 50 percent crabgrass. My sprinkler system suffered a single zone failure and the technician thought it was damage from bugs. I call Trugreen and ask about the crabgrass and the guy I speak to says they will attend to it and asks me to buy a care plan for my landscaping as the tech told him it was big damaged. I looked. It was pristine and I had my local garden shop look and he said no issues.

I called Trugreen and told them and the guy says how can you trust someone else more than his tech. Needless to say I declined the additional plan and they never came to treat for crabgrass. A month later I speak to the tech who came for a regular applications and he tells me he can’t treat for crabgrass as he has been treating for bug damage and I tell him the zone in front is bad and it’s not bug damage. He has an oh I see moment and tells me it will be years to eradicate all the crabgrass. My big issue is it’s hard to catch the tech when they come as you get a text they are there and by the time you get there they are long gone. They spray fast and move on.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information