Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had tried, through the national TruGreen phone numbers, to see why no one had come to service my lawn for 6 weeks. I was finally given a schedule that wasn't cancelled (I had been cancelled six times). The local Topeka manager, Isaac **, came out, fertilized my lawn and sprayed my weeds. He even gave me his personal contact information in case I had future problems. He has a PhD in turf care and was very knowledgeable, using different kinds of weed killer for the specific weeds I had. He also did my third treatment, which included a slow-release fertilizer to keep from burning my grass. If it wasn't for him, I would have cancelled my future sprayings and asked for a refund. He is awesome, personable and a great asset for TruGreen!

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

This is a service report. Early 2019 I signed up with Trugreen for an annual service. In the beginning it was a nightmare with no exaggeration. I could tell that the staff was limited and every TRUGREEN Representative that came to my address didn't have any enthusiasm, (zero). Shawn changed my mind. He is a diamond in the rough. In fact, I wished Shawn could be cloned or duplicated and be spread over every office in the country. He has made me change my mind and approach and has given me the opportunity to trust Trugreen again. He's a trooper and goes beyond what is expected of him.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Stacey, thanks for your positive feedback! We appreciate you for being a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

We moved into our house about a year ago. We have never had a lawn like this so we wanted to keep it looking as nice as possible. We started with TruGreen Lawn Service and were very satisfied with the results. TruGreen then suggested their Mosquito Defense Service. We have a pool and four grandson, who are all susceptible to mosquito bites so we contracted for this service. We have been overwhelmed about how great this has been - not one bite all summer! Finally we recently had TruGreen to aerate our lawn. Again, our specialist took great care in finding our sprinklers before he started aerating. TruGreen Specialist are always polite and explain what they are going to do and what we should do after they leave. We will continue to use TruGreen for our lawn services.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Did not call - showed up and ask if we would consider letting them spray the trees etc. Pointed out your company repairs sprinklers, I had three heads not working correctly. Just a heads up they are now working the yard parson was also noting mowed too short - mower was set at 3 1/2 inches - still need the thistles sprayed. Had them for three years now!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Ronald, we appreciate your feedback; we will be sure to forward to the right teams! We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We have been with TruGreen for 40 years. Have had some great experiences, but also some poor service over the years. But, overall I would recommend Trugreen to my friends. It is people like James **, Customer Experience Manager that makes us stay with Trugreen. He has been great. This new position of Customer Experience Manager was the best program that you could have established. If you had more staff like James that cares about the client, and not only says what he is going to do, but then do it, Trugreen would be hard to compete with.

One of main issues we have, is the turnover of our so called Lawn Specialist. Most do not know what they are doing. It seems to me, that is lack of knowledge and experience. Not fair to him, but more so, not fair to the client. Our Shrub Representative, Steve, has been great and very knowledgeable and professional. Thank you for having staff like James ** and Steve.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our services. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: July 7, 2020

Called to have them come out for a palm tree, never showed, called back and had to explain the whole scenario as if they never heard us before. The person on the phone tried to hard sell services to my wife and when I asked if they had a record of a call he became rude. Will never use them.

Original review: July 7, 2020

If you ever have a problem with this company don't expect a resolution. We had grass planted in a large area in our front yard and the guy came June 24 to treat our lawn and drove his piece of equipment right through the newly planted grass. I called right away on June 25th and asked to speak with a manager and was told a manager would be out to look at the damage within 72 hours. It's been 11 days and I have called them 6 times and I'm still waiting to speak with a manager. This company is a joke.

Original review: July 3, 2020

In 2019 I paid for a specific number of treatments to my lawn. I paid by check. On February 27, 2020, I found a bill in my mailbox for $57.17. I was not home. I called the next day and told TruGreen I did not order the service. I was given a cancellation number. On July 2, 2020, I got a letter from a Collection Agency for $57.17. I called TruGreen on 7/3/20. I was told that even though I did not request their service, nor did they have my credit card on file, and I had not paid them in advance, their service is recurring every year. When I called today, I was told that if I did not want their service for 2020, I had to call them. When I asked, "What If I had Sold the property prior to 2/27/20," I was told that as homeowner of record, I was responsible. It's a good thing I did not get another lawn service for 2020.

Original review: July 1, 2020

If i could give a no star review I would. This has been the most unprofessional company I’ve ever worked with. Good luck getting a manager on the phone, or anyone to call you back because I tried two times today and never received a call back. They made me pre-pay for a service in advance, never called me back to schedule the appointment, then rescheduled the appointment without telling me, showed up, spent 10 minutes doing nothing to tell my tenant they have to reschedule because they don’t have time.

They didn’t fix my sprinklers, they never called me, and when I called to complain (twice) they hung up on me the first time, and the second time they assured me a manager would call which never happened. My sprinklers are still broken, I still don’t have an appointment confirmed, and they still have my money they made me pay in advance. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS. You will regret it if you do!!!! Unfortunately for me they already got paid so there’s no incentive to get the job done.

Original review: June 30, 2020

We have had Trugreen spraying our yard both the front and backyard for about three years for mosquitoes now. Last summer we got so frustrated with them never showing up that we switch to Orkin. We received excellent service from them! I think we are going to switch back permanently to Orkin. We have a dog that we leave outside so we have to pay someone to sit at our house to let our dog in while the spraying is done & until it dries. Since they will spray until 6 PM we spend quite a bit of money paying someone to do that. Most of the time they don’t ever show up to spray and reschedule for the following week. There is a HUGE lack of communication between the main branch and all the little branches throughout the states! They were supposed to come yesterday. We got multiple text and a voicemail and email saying they would be arriving.

As the day wore on we got an email that allowed us to track their arrival time and it said between one and 6 PM. They NEVER showed up. I called the 1-800 number and was told we weren’t on the schedule AND because it’s a holiday week they probably won’t be able to work us in until next Tuesday. A WEEK from now (today is Tuesday, June 30)! We are getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Last summer twice technicians showed up sprayed the two trees in our front yard and then left without ever going into the backyard. They were here less than five minutes. Our dogs were not out in the backyard & we left the gate wide open with a note on the front door stating, "Please spray the backyard also". The note was right where they hung their service completion slip on our door knob.

We have cameras and we know nobody ever entered the backyard. Customer service is a total joke. If you complain too much and say you’re unhappy they just shut down your account. No refund given. Orkin is much more professional and gives better service. When they treat for mosquitoes they treat with three different products so we had no mosquitoes at all when we switched to them last summer.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information