Call toll free
4.02/5
Based on 1,170 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4359 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

My concern is not with the service but with the final cost. When I was called about the mosquito treatment I inquired about flea and tick and was told I could just add it for an additional 20 dollars. That turned out to not be the case. It was $49.99 not including the mosquito treatment. It was two separate treatments that could not be combined as I was lead to believe. Whoever I talked to in the follow up call was apparently misinformed and it in fact could not be combined and the increase in cost reflected that.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

This application was for grub control. This is one of the most important apps of the year. Our neighbors yard was just destroyed by armadillos digging for grubs again this year. We never miss this treatment. We live right next door and never have a problem. He is a new owner and may take our advice about you guys. Thank you very much.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 16, 2018

I am pleased with the results of my lawn care. It is far better than before you started. The dandelions were terrible. And are now pretty much gone. The grass is healthier and greener than before you started. Crabgrass is less.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hello Elizabeth, we are pleased to see that the various weed issues are continuously improving. Please keep in mind that TruGreen offers free and unlimited reservices in between your regularly scheduled paid visits upon request, to address additional concerns (such as weeds) should your concerns require extra attention.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Our specialist, Matthew **, does an outstanding job for us. He always listens to my requests and immediately acts to make improvements. He is very conscientious and customer oriented. We really appreciated having him as our specialist for our lawn care.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was told that there was satisfaction guarantee. I called told them I had weeds coming up. They said they’d send someone out. They are out but counted it as one of my 7 prepaid services. It was supposed to be free because the first guy didn’t hit all the weeds. Not too happy about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Perfect service. I been with TruGreen last five year... not any single issue with my lawn and services... 100% perfect. So far it's been improving day by day... I have refers all my friends so far. We been 15 family having services. No any single issues. Great services.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Steve is the tech assigned to our property. I am happy with his work however TruGreen is STILL not contacting me before sending out a technician, I have had many discussions with TG on this matter and I hope it gets resolved.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been a customer for a long time and I'm always very pleased with all of the services I have and the results. I will continue to be a customer with TruGreen as long as the service continues to be top notch. Thanks for your prompt service.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Techs and support staff have been warm, engaging and knowledgeable. Lots of good advice as well as the treatments. The first mosquito treatment didn’t have a big impact, but one call and they returned to retreat. Looking forward for the neighbors to have lawn envy!

Original review: June 15, 2018

So far, after two treatments, we are happy with the product and results. We have noticed fewer mosquitos and bugs than we have normally. I would like to be present at some point when mosquito and lawn services are performed. Thank you for the excellent services.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Blake was very friendly and answered all of my questions and concerns. The process was very quick and I'm looking forward to the next treatment. The best part of this service is that my dogs can go outside and play in the lawn a couple hours after treatment.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Lawn specialist Phil did a great job! The lawn looks good. The weeds are getting under control. He serves as a criteria for others to emulate! I give him a ten on the rating scale. Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 14, 2018

The first application for broadleaf and fertilizer was good. Got 80% of the weeds. I called TruGreen and they sent a rep to spray again at no charge. I really like this company and my yard just keeps looking better!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Great service! We tried to treat our own lawn last year and didn't have the same results we got from TruGreen. This year our lawn is weed free, and beautiful. We will definitely be using TruGreen every year. Also, thank you so much for coming back and treating weeds/problem areas that came up between treatments.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Marie explained the process and safety precautions for pets. Thorough job and those mosquitoes are dwindling! We are very pleased we are receiving this service. We highly recommend this for control of mosquitoes and other bitey bugs. The 'package plan' assures us of continuous service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The representatives that come to my house are courteous and knowledgeable. They always ring the bell and stop to talk to me about what they were doing. If I need explanations; they are willing to tell me. If I have a problem, they come back and help to deal with it as best as they can. They are GREAT. I've been a customer for a long time now and I have Never been disappointed. I have recommended the company to my friends and neighbors.

Original review: June 14, 2018

TruGreen has always been excellent. The service staff are knowledgeable and friendly. They are accommodating as well. Whenever I have needed service they have came quickly. On top of everything else, my lawn looks great! I highly recommend the service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We have been customers for 30+ years and are absolutely satisfied. For the price, we would not be able to treat our lawn ourselves. Our Lawn Specialist, Ryan **, is amazing, really cares about his job. Ryan covers all the areas an "exceptional" employee would have. We have also been impressed with our manager, Orlandis. There have been very few concerns and when these come up, Orlandis takes care of it. He has even come to the house a few times. When we make a request, he does it. Weeds gone, Grass green!! What more can I say? Thank You, TruGreen and your wonderful Staff for many years of service!!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I’ve only had one service visit on the date promised. It appears technician was thorough and results began to show within 3 days. Weeds are dying which was a major concern. I am optimistic about TRUGREEN improving my lawn over time.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have received many services from you over the past couple of years but it took a long time to get it right. My lawn was in terrible condition but now I am satisfied. The problem I have with you is your administration. There seems to be two different offices calling me all the time. It is extremely annoying to get all these calls. I don’t need anyone soliciting me for more services. So please get a handle on it!

Original review: June 14, 2018

They ring the bell every time and spend fifteen minutes be it lawn or shrubs. The lawn looks no different than when I first signed up with TruGreen. In fact, there are more bare spots, even after overseeding, many times...

Original review: June 14, 2018

Was very happy with last application person. He took his time to visit with me & answer my questions & then applied extra to address those concerns. Also appreciate excellent customer service people especially those out of Sugar Land.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Currently under contract with TruGreen for them to provide lawn care services mainly to treat/combat my excessive weed problem. The products they are using, I can see are working; the weeds are slowly but steadily going away. I also receive by-weekly weed spraying to combat my excessive weed problem. All in all, everything together seems to be working. Please look at my past acct notes to get a clearer or better understanding of the job TruGreen is providing.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been a TruGreen customer for many years. I have lawn and tree and shrub service with Trugreen. They provide excellent service and take good care of my landscape. They always address any issues that I have. I would recommend their service.

Original review: June 14, 2018

TruGreen recovered and greatly improved the lawn of my previous home. Four months ago I asked them to do the same at my new home and it's already showing tremendous improvement. I've always found TruGreen specialists courteous, on-time and well informed about lawn care. Thank you TruGreen.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very pleased with the young man that treated my yard. He was very nice and explained how the treatment would be applied and how it worked. The best part, he thanked me for talking to him, how rare was that. Thanks.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Julio ** services my lawn and does a great job! He takes the time to answer all of my lawn care questions. In fact, he even revisited my property after servicing it as I had a concern regarding grubs which has since been resolved. Truly happy with my experience thus far as my lawn has never been greener. Plan on being a TruGreen customer for life.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The young men were very polite and answered my questions. Only problem was they left one gate open and one of my dogs got out. I was out there with them and was able to get him before he left the drive. I was called and told it would be noted on my file be sure both gates were closed. I liked that I was called and reassured that the gates would be closed next time. The gate is hard to see from the back door. I'm 70 so don't want to have to chase a dog.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our lawn is only a year old, so we needed help getting it ready for summer. We signed up for TruGreen and even after only one treatment, our lawn is looking healthier than ever! I know we have 5 treatments left for the summer, but I am feeling very excited to spend time in my awesome TruGreen yard!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I've been using TruGreen for many years now and have recommended to several neighbors because of the quality service and willingness to always make things right. I've always had great service and TruGreen is always willing to come back for free retreatments if/when needed. Thank you all.

TruGreen Lawn Care expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TruGreen was founded in 1973 in Troy, Mich. Today, the company headquarters are located in Memphis, Tenn. The company applies science-based solutions to meet residential and commercial lawn care needs.

• Scientific approach: TruGreen employs several individuals with Ph.Ds. in horticulture and other relevant subjects. These individuals design service offerings and training programs so that all TruGreen technicians fully understand the science behind lawn care.

• Service options: Interested customers can visit TruGreen’s website to learn about the variety of service plans the company offers. All plans include a Healthy Lawn Analysis®, targeted weed control and fertilizer. Some plans also include aeration and/or lime treatment to balance the pH in customers’ soil.

• PGA provider: Trugreen is the official lawn care provider of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA). In addition to caring for the greens of PGA Championship courses, the company offers deals to PGA members.

• Community involvement: TruGreen is committed to creating green spaces for everyone to enjoy. Local offices have planted flowers and grass around public schools in Los Angeles and helped to improve landscaping at Memphis parks. In spring of 2016, the company helped to create a community vegetable garden and fruit orchard in Lansing, Mich.

• Tree and shrub care: Customers who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their trees and shrubs can add specific services to their TruGreen plans. Options include root fertilization, pest control, spring feeding and targeting trunk injection, which corrects nutrient imbalances.

• Best for: TruGreen offers services to meet most customers’ needs and budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs