Call toll free
3.45/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

09/22/2018

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

06/29/2019

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Did not call - showed up and ask if we would consider letting them spray the trees etc. Pointed out your company repairs sprinklers, I had three heads not working correctly. Just a heads up they are now working the yard parson was also noting mowed too short - mower was set at 3 1/2 inches - still need the thistles sprayed. Had them for three years now!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Ronald, we appreciate your feedback; we will be sure to forward to the right teams! We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

When I had my spreading of lime done it was for a section of my front yard and was done very well. It took six tons of lime and the worker did a great job of putting it down. I asked for another quote for a section of old pasture and was quoted about a dollar more per bag spread for the job. That will take about 400 bags of lime making it an added 400 dollars more over the original cost and that is for a bigger job. I called back about the quote and told them about the math and they said they would get back in touch and that has been weeks ago and no contact. I guess when you buy more the price per unit spread goes up which to me is a little odd. It should stay the same or come down with larger amounts.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Steven. Thank you for your positive and honest review. Customer feedback is what makes us a better company. If there is anything else we can help you with, please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I started with TruGreen in late August of 2018. I hired them because there were many in the neighborhood that were using them and I've seen them all over town. The biggest influence was that they are endorsed by the PGA. That speaks volumes. I put new sod in my backyard that cost a few thousand dollars. I didn't want weeds, etc. to overtake this brand new grass, so I thought that if TruGreen did a good job on the back, I would hire them at the beginning 2019 in order to do my entire yard. They did great on the sod with the fertilization and pests that burrow in it. I was so impressed with what they did in the back that I did start them on the front in January of 2019.

I also hired them to do my trees & shrubs and then later fire ants and the mosquito defense. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone come by once a month to take care of basically everything that I need. They do everything but mowing, edging and trimming! I've had them put in sod plugs in the front where they killed huge sections of weeds. No worries! They said they'd get my yard looking great and they did. You can clearly see the difference between my yard and my neighbors yard. Mine is now green and healthy, thick and full. Weeds Be Gone! I don't have pesky mosquitoes anymore and fire ants are under control.

If you have issues, they come out on free complimentary visits to take care what they missed. I don't understand the complaints on these guys because they do more than ever to make things right. They are worth the cost. Don't let that get in the way of what they provide. I have no regrets. Keep up the great work TruGreen! #averyhappycustomer

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for this kind review Barbara! We're happy to hear we could go above and beyond your expectations. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I have had numerous problems in renewing my lawn treatment this year. As well as problems in the past. It concerned the billing and account numbers and notifications of upcoming service. It took numerous calls to get it straightened out, but did get the old account number removed from my account on the web and finally got the pricing corrected. It took much effort and I was going to drop my service not knowing what technician I would have this year. I wanted the one I have had in recent years which was ERIC **. When I found out that I would be getting Eric I decided to stay with the service. It is because of Eric and his outstanding service and concern for a customer I remain with TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tony, we apologize for any frustration you have incurred from our services in the past. However, we are thrilled to hear that our technician is able to provide you with excellent service. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know in a private message.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been a customer of Scotts/TruGreen for many years. I have stayed with this company because of their loyalty to customers me in general. I think the way your company treats me is the best I have been treated, I have questions I get answers, I asked to have the same tech do my applications because of the property line, it's confusing and new techs every applications makes it hard. I have Had Greg for the last year or so and I believe he is the best tech I have ever had. He understands my problems, and keeps me informed to what I should do and when I should do it. He is very knowledgeable about my lawn.

My plans are to stay with Scotts/TruGreen for the future lawn care. I want to thank everyone involved with the care of my lawn and look forward to keep our relationship to the future. Please keep GREG as my tech to do my lawn. I would appreciate it, and as usual please contact me when you are coming so I can hopefully make arrangement to be here, and discuss things with Greg the tech. Thanks for your help and service with my lawn. I am a big fan. Also thanks for the senior discounts.

Ron,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are very happy to hear the customer service you have been receiving is meeting your expectations. The confidence level you have in Greg is what we like to see and sounds like he lives up to the TruGreen standards.

Thank you so much for remaining a loyal Trugreen customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

First let me start by saying TruGreen has very responsive customer service but that's where it ends. I have used several lawn services over the years but this is the worst. My lawn has had issues from funguses to insect problems from the start.. My backyard was 70% dead by the end of the summer. Steve from the Warminster branch was nice enough to reseed my backyard at no charge but there was so much thatch from the dead grass little new grass will take.

Today, I had a scheduled fertilization. When I let our puppy out, she was eating the fertilizer pellets that were all over our patio and driveway and sidewalks. I was able to blow some of it back on the lawn. Again, nice people but not worth the aggravation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I signed up for prepay and did so for two years. The second time I did to give another chance to TruGreen. All promises and no results. My lawn continued to have weeds. My entire neighborhood (Saint Johns, FL) moved to Safari, a far better service as I see that that through their customer service and the lawns they maintain. Every visit, a note was given by TruGreen with the promise that weeds would go away in 4-5 weeks. I have saved every note (if the company wants to see them). None of that happened. I called in multiple times but to no avail (I must admit the phone reps are awesome). One day a note was hanging on my door saying that my lawn was in poor condition and to make my lawn better I need to move to TruGreen.

I called the TruGreen sales person and he explained that my current provider was doing a poor job and after hearing him out, I told him my current provider was TruGreen itself. The person promised to investigate and call me back. He called back and to my disbelief told me that lawn care chemicals/treatment are provided based on the price being paid by the customer. For what I was paying the chemicals were limited and hence the lawn was in bad shape. Really? After two years, after paying a quote that was given by TruGreen, I'm being told that not enough chemicals were applied as the price was less. I made my decision to walk away and since then at least 5 of my friends have done so. We will continue to ask our friends and families to stay away from this company.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mahender, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to assure that this is not the norm for our service. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that we can get this resolved for you!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I prepaid for service, They took my money and despite numerous promises never delivered. I am now trying to get my money back and despite promises no luck so far. I had to hire someone else. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Kathleen, we apologize for the negative experience. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com so that we can take a look into this for you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I got the years worth of lawn service and reseeding. I’ve called and complained several times as my yard still had weeds and bald spots. I was told a manager would return my call and resolve the last bill. Nothing for months. Messaged the app (as they sent 49 dollars to collections!). Again told someone would follow up within three business days. Stated they do not report on your credit, you may not but if you sell a fever to a collection agent you they can. Well over that the three days I messaged again. Finally got a message back saying the 49 dollars was settled, but nothing on the unsatisfactory work completed. They responded back that I basically waited too long. This company likes to give you the run around and then states it’s been too long to back their money back guarantee. My yard looks worse than ever and I’m out a few hundred bucks.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tina, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I prepaid for 7 treatments. They "forgot" me in June and gave a "double" treatment in July on same day. They forgot me again in Sept and I still have two treatments coming but it's now Oct. Never do prepay as they tend to forget you exist and you have no leverage. Customer service rep said nothing they can do since I had prepaid and will not refund any money.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bill, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information