Call toll free
3.61/5
Based on 1,460 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

5859 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 3, 2019

When I had my spreading of lime done it was for a section of my front yard and was done very well. It took six tons of lime and the worker did a great job of putting it down. I asked for another quote for a section of old pasture and was quoted about a dollar more per bag spread for the job. That will take about 400 bags of lime making it an added 400 dollars more over the original cost and that is for a bigger job. I called back about the quote and told them about the math and they said they would get back in touch and that has been weeks ago and no contact. I guess when you buy more the price per unit spread goes up which to me is a little odd. It should stay the same or come down with larger amounts.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Steven. Thank you for your positive and honest review. Customer feedback is what makes us a better company. If there is anything else we can help you with, please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I started with TruGreen in late August of 2018. I hired them because there were many in the neighborhood that were using them and I've seen them all over town. The biggest influence was that they are endorsed by the PGA. That speaks volumes. I put new sod in my backyard that cost a few thousand dollars. I didn't want weeds, etc. to overtake this brand new grass, so I thought that if TruGreen did a good job on the back, I would hire them at the beginning 2019 in order to do my entire yard. They did great on the sod with the fertilization and pests that burrow in it. I was so impressed with what they did in the back that I did start them on the front in January of 2019.

I also hired them to do my trees & shrubs and then later fire ants and the mosquito defense. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone come by once a month to take care of basically everything that I need. They do everything but mowing, edging and trimming! I've had them put in sod plugs in the front where they killed huge sections of weeds. No worries! They said they'd get my yard looking great and they did. You can clearly see the difference between my yard and my neighbors yard. Mine is now green and healthy, thick and full. Weeds Be Gone! I don't have pesky mosquitoes anymore and fire ants are under control.

If you have issues, they come out on free complimentary visits to take care what they missed. I don't understand the complaints on these guys because they do more than ever to make things right. They are worth the cost. Don't let that get in the way of what they provide. I have no regrets. Keep up the great work TruGreen! #averyhappycustomer

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for this kind review Barbara! We're happy to hear we could go above and beyond your expectations. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I have had numerous problems in renewing my lawn treatment this year. As well as problems in the past. It concerned the billing and account numbers and notifications of upcoming service. It took numerous calls to get it straightened out, but did get the old account number removed from my account on the web and finally got the pricing corrected. It took much effort and I was going to drop my service not knowing what technician I would have this year. I wanted the one I have had in recent years which was ERIC **. When I found out that I would be getting Eric I decided to stay with the service. It is because of Eric and his outstanding service and concern for a customer I remain with TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tony, we apologize for any frustration you have incurred from our services in the past. However, we are thrilled to hear that our technician is able to provide you with excellent service. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know in a private message.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been a customer of Scotts/TruGreen for many years. I have stayed with this company because of their loyalty to customers me in general. I think the way your company treats me is the best I have been treated, I have questions I get answers, I asked to have the same tech do my applications because of the property line, it's confusing and new techs every applications makes it hard. I have Had Greg for the last year or so and I believe he is the best tech I have ever had. He understands my problems, and keeps me informed to what I should do and when I should do it. He is very knowledgeable about my lawn.

My plans are to stay with Scotts/TruGreen for the future lawn care. I want to thank everyone involved with the care of my lawn and look forward to keep our relationship to the future. Please keep GREG as my tech to do my lawn. I would appreciate it, and as usual please contact me when you are coming so I can hopefully make arrangement to be here, and discuss things with Greg the tech. Thanks for your help and service with my lawn. I am a big fan. Also thanks for the senior discounts.

Ron,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are very happy to hear the customer service you have been receiving is meeting your expectations. The confidence level you have in Greg is what we like to see and sounds like he lives up to the TruGreen standards.

Thank you so much for remaining a loyal Trugreen customer!

Original review: June 21, 2018

My yard was serviced by Nick **. Nick stopped in when he first arrived and filled me in on what he was going to do. I told him to have at it. He was putting down Grub Control and Fertilizer. I was working in the garage on my lawn tractor so when Nick finished and went out to his truck to have a chat about the service I made some comments about how weeds were coming in from property out by the road, that is county property, but we (my neighbor and I) cut and keep it as the county said we could. Nick was all ears. He actually listen to what I had to say and after a brief time he had some suggestions about how to minimize weed spread with cutting patterns. I had never thought about that but it made complete sense.

We talked a bit more about service and I mentions that we used to have a regular guy service the property but this year it's been several different folks. I mentioned it to Nick and he said I could ask for him and he would be glad to be my regular guy as he worked the Mechanicsburg area. Well it didn't take me long to reach out to TruGreen and I hope I get Nick ** as my guy. It's not often you find a guy who knows what he is doing and yet is willing to listen and make reasonable suggestions. He also noticed some excess weeds in spots so he told me he would also treat them during that same service before he left. I'm really happy with TruGreen and hope Nick becomes the regular guy.

Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your positive experience with TruGreen! We are very happy to hear that Nick was attentive to your needs and is striving to meet customer's expectations. Please feel free to go to the "send us your feedback" section on TruGreen.com and rate your tech specifically by name. It is wonderful to hear he went above and beyond to ensure you have a beautiful and healthy lawn. While not always possible, we will attempt to schedule him on your route whenever possible. Thanks again for being a loyal TruGreen customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: June 11, 2019

I spoke with one of your representative name Quinton and he went above and beyond his duties to ensure that I was receiving excellent service. He showed that he cared about the product and my satisfaction on the service. I also had the opportunity to speak with one of your specialist name Joseph **. I was so impressed with his customer service and knowledge of the product. I'm requesting that he will be my regular serviceman throughout the mosquito defense service. I highly recommend a commendation for both Mr. Quinton/Joseph ** for doing an excellent job. Again well done men and thanks.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi James! Thank you for the positive feedback, we're so happy to hear it! If there is anything else we can do, please let us know. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Daniel came to my house for my first application. He was very good! However, since his visit, I’ve noticed part of my yard/lawn has lots of moles and grubs that are destroying my lawn. Do you have a treatment that gets rid of the grind and, with them gone, gets rid of the moles?

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave a review, customer feedback is what makes us a better company. Please give us a call at 800-878-4733 so that we can take a closer look at your account, thank you.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Tom “our” TruGreen expert :) was very thorough with the weed killer and fertilizer application. Very nice man :). Would recommend TruGreen to anyone :). They have always done a good job with whatever we needed done. Mosquito control is next ;).

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Becky! Thank you for the positive feedback! We're happy to hear it. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I had weed and feed applied to my lawn in the beginning of May, 2019 and had to have them repeat the service 3 times more, because weeds against the fence were missed and throughout the property. After the second returned call, I notice my bluegrass and Perennial Rye was dying. He came back out, and informed me that he over fertilized and assured me that it will come back. My yard looks worse now than it did before the service. The weeds throughout my yard are not all dead. Now, to give a fair review, some of the weeds did die, and the front yard, in front of my privacy fence is beautiful, but behind the fence (where nobody can see) looks terrible! I added service for my flowers, trees and shrubs, to kill insects that were destroying the plants etc., this was done on Friday, June 7, 2019.

Today, Tuesday, June 11, 2019, I went out and noticed all my flowers/plants/trees/shrubs were infested with insects, and my butterfly bush is (in my opinion) destroyed with insect infestation. TruGreen encourages you to call for re-treatment if you are not satisfied. How can they stay in business if they keep returning to reapply chemical to the lawn etc., when they never do it right the first time? I don't understand why they can't do the job right on the first call.

I can't play this game with them, and refuse service anymore. I called and informed them that I will not be paying my bill for this last service and ordered them to remove my name from their list. They had no problem doing that. How does TruGreen stay in business with poor attitudes, and no concern for the customer and their issues with their lawns? I was loyal to them, and paid my bill every time I received a invoice and yet, they have not stood up to their end, and their advertisement is false. I have another business coming out today to fix what TruGreen broke. I really trusted you TruGreen.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I called and set up trugreen for two services... The tech did come out and only did the front yard as the back was locked but he never knocked or rang my bell as I would have been happy to unlock it. I have been calling Trugreen ever since and have gotten nothing but a run around ever since. To the point the people that answer the phones didn't even have a corporate number!! I finally did get it from Kelly. Basically I am a prisoner in my house for the next five days since no one can tell me when a tech will be coming out. I thought I found a great company to use from now on. Unfortunately I found just the opposite.... Monika **

Original review: June 10, 2019

Prescott ** Did an outstanding job identifying and correcting my problem. He explained the issues and offered helpful suggestions! He finished changing out a number of problematic sprinkler heads quickly. He was knowledgeable and courteous! Give that man a raise!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Russ, we're thrilled we were able to help you achieve your lawn goals!

Original review: June 9, 2019

Joel ** outstanding service. Knock on the door to let us know that he is performing service. Always ask is there are any concerns about the lawn or service. Very knowledgeable about what need to be done to prevent weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Charley, we're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our tech!

Original review: June 8, 2019

No one ever showed up and I found out they went to the wrong house again! This is the second time they have done this! They can not tell me why me trees are dying or what to do to stop this! I'm about ready to discontinue my service!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Dennis, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are willing, please reach us at 800-878-4733 so that we can take a closer look, thank you.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Had worker show up, sit in truck, and then place receipt on door stating service complete when nothing was done. Then throws trash on lawn while leaving. I asked for someone in charge to call me and nothing! Next, my lawn is serviced and now turning brown. Lime placed without any soil sample and too much fertilizer I guess. My lawn was pretty green with some weeds before TruGreen. Now it's brown with weeds. Calling TruGreen does no good - the rep just tries to please you then nothing.

I contacted TruGreen corporate via Twitter because they won't publish a number and received a response I would be contacted - again, nothing. Companies like this get your money making big promises, then don't perform. As a customer you have no re-course other than let everyone you know, via every social media route and every way possible the truth behind these companies. Why can't companies just be honest and actually take care of their customers instead of cheating them. I am a disabled veteran unable to do much and spent my scarce dollars trying to have a decent yard so I am less embarrassed in my neighborhood. And now it's just a fight with yet another company that values money over a customer. Very sad.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Scott, first we are sorry for the frustration this has caused you as that is certainly never our intention. This is not the kind of care we set our standard for. If you are still willing, please reach us at 800-878-4733 so that we can take a closer look at your account, thank you.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I am very pleased with my service. They are very professional and nice to work with. They always answer any questions about my treatment and anything I need to do to follow-up after the treatment. I would recommend TruGreen to others.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Carla, thanks for your positive feedback!

Original review: June 8, 2019

I promised what they delivered and came in on time and killed every weed in the yard that we were really hoping to be dead and fertilize just at the end of the fertilizer season. It was perfect. Thank you very much.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Wesley, glad to hear your lawn is looking great! We value you!

Original review: June 7, 2019

They took a week after charging my card to come out then they serviced my neighbor's yard, not mine. When I called customer service about it they were initially apologetic, stating that they would "make it right" and told me that someone would be out Thursday or Friday. My initial call was on a Tuesday so I was OK with this resolution. Thursday came no service. Friday came no service. Saturday I tried to call and they were closed. Monday I was successful in getting a 2nd person on the phone to complain to. They were less apologetic and told me that someone had been out. I have cameras at my house so I let them know that that was not true. I was told that someone would be out later that week.

I called Wednesday to request a refund since no one has still been to my house. I was told that they were on their way. It was after 4pm at this point so I doubt that was true. I said I didn't care, that I did not want the service and that I wanted a full refund. I was told that it would take a week for a refund. What else could I do but say ok? They were holding my money hostage. A week went by and I received a partial refund, WTH!? I had had more than enough of this terrible service and lies by now so I had my husband call to address the partial refund.

He spoke to someone and the remainder of the refund was credited back to my card within a few days. I thought we were in the clear since we had received the full amount back but boy was I wrong. Today more than a month later, I noticed a charge on my credit card from them AGAIN! Needless to say I am beyond pissed. When my husband called them this morning they argued with him and told him that he went online and entered our information and signed up for service again. This is not the case. I have filed a claim with my credit card since they are being such jerks. BUYER BEWARE!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Kim, first we are sorry for the frustration this has caused you as that is certainly never our intention. We appreciate your feedback on ways we can improve our services. If there is anything else we can do to help please let us know. We wish you the best.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

I paid in full for a year service plan on our new yard in October 2018 ($605.99) that covered aeration, seeding, etc. Our front yard and around the house was sodded and the back/side yard was not taken care of my the builder. We went to TruGreen for help mainly on the back/side yard to get it going heading into the spring and summer months of 2019. Our side and back yard have tons of dry and bare spots, and after questioning the specialist that was on site treating us that day, we were informed that the specialist believed the side yard (largest part of the yard) was not covered on our plan. He said it had not been treated in months which would explain why it looks so awful.

I called the Murfreesboro office quickly after and was told a manager would call me back in 2 business days. 4 business days go by and I call again only to be told they didn't have a note on my account that I ever called. Finally I received a call from a manager who seemed more mad than the specialist. Told us that our side yard wasn't a part of the plan than the poor service we have been receiving. I've sent this manager pictures of both the side and back and have yet to hear back. Now that we're in the summer months the immature grass that is growing in these areas is getting nuked by the sun, and because the grass hasn't been treated it doesn't stand a chance in this heat. We are going to be in the exact same situation in the side and back yard as we were when we started this process unfortunately.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Carl, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are willing, please reach us at 800-878-4733 so that we can take a closer look at your account, thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

Buyer Beware: We had this company last year to treat our yard for mosquitoes. I enjoyed one of the technicians, very kind and professional. And that was it, nothing here nor there. They called a couple of weeks ago asking if we would like to renew our contract, to which we said "no". Then I noticed a charge from them on my credit card. My fiancé called to question it, and the extremely rude “customer service” rep told my fiancé that the print telling us everyone is on “auto renew” on the paperwork we do not have, was the same size print as the rest of the document. Never. Again. And I’ll be sure to spread the word.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Colleen, we are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our customer service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If there is anything else we can do for you please send us a private message. We wish you the best. Thank you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

So far we have only received one visit from TruGreen and have been very satisfied with both the operator and his service. Obviously, with only the first visit, we cannot comment fully, but the weeds and dandelions have greatly diminished and all the questions we asked were replied to satisfactorily. Therefore, I can only say that after the first visit, everything was to our satisfaction and we look forward to further visits and further reduction of our dandelion and weed 'plague'!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Isabel. We really appreciate the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear you love your service so far and we look forward to more visits and more opportunities to make your lawn a success. Thank you for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Very professional and neat. Also asked if I had any questions or concerns. I have used TRUGREEN for a number of years and have been extremely satisfied and would highly recommend their service. They are quick responders anytime you call.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Brian. Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear it. Thank you for being a loyal TruGreen customer!

Original review: June 5, 2019

This is the 3rd time TruGreen has rescheduled my service. They don't call to let me know they have rescheduled. When I first started they would keep me posted as to when they were coming out. Now I sit and wait until I finally have to call them just to find out they rescheduled without telling me. Getting tired of waiting around for them. Might have to switch lawn care services.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Robert, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our service. This is not the kind of care you should expect from your TruGreen team. If you are willing, please reach us at 800-878-4733 so that we can take a closer look at your account, thank you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We Have been using TRUGREEN for three years. This year was a rough start because of this invasive weed some people know as Hairy Bittercrest, which almost took over our whole front yard. Called TruGreen because whatever they were doing didn't kill this weed. They came out and retreated the yard with something GONE! Also lawn wasn't very thick. This problem was solved very quickly. They want to do a GREAT job for you. Thank all involved.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Kathy. We appreciate the positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our team is making your lawn a success. Thanks again for being a loyal TruGreen customer!

Original review: June 5, 2019

No problem with the overall service, lawn looks great! Occasionally I talk to the specialist. Invariably, every time it’s a rout response on the ticket. Whether I’m home or not. “When I arrived, I knocked on your door to speak with you about your service. I’m sorry I missed you.” It cracks me up. I did in fact answer the door when they knocked. I did discuss my service with the specialist. You should consider a few more cut and paste options for the tickets. The specialist takes care of lawns. He can’t be expected to be a writer. Again, lawn looks GREAT!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Ed. Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive and honest review. Customer feedback is what makes us a better company. We are thrilled to hear that our team is making your lawn a success! Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Grass already looking better. Even though we have a long way to go I can see light at the end of the rainbow. Weeds are shrinking and the actual coverage is getting thicker. Before the end of summer we should be set.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Craig. We appreciate the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team is helping your lawn become a success!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2019

On 04 June 2019 at Approximately 11:00 AM, your specialist rang my door bell. By the time I answered the door he was about to apply a liquid application to my lawn. I advised the specialist that I requested granular applications. He switched to granular and started to apply wit a broadcast spreader. I watched him and believe that he missed much of the of the lawn. Time will tell when my lawn exhibits similarity to that of “ZEBRA” STRIPES.

Original review: June 4, 2019

My lawn and tree/shrub service is fine and very productive. I don't know use the mosquito service as Erlich is doing that for me. I just called yesterday because I got a call from "Trudy" that contained her introduction and then went silent. I called and confirmed that my next lawn treatment was today, (6/4) and suggested that they look at their phone technology to see what's wrong with "Trudy".

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Steven. We appreciate your positive and honest review. Customer feedback is what makes us a better company. Thank you for using TruGreen!

Original review: June 4, 2019

We have used TruGreen for a couple of years now and have noticed that the grass is getting thicker and greener, with a lot less weeds. The individuals that come to our yard are knowledgeable about what they are doing and help us to understand what is being done. They are careful of plantings, animals, and children.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Leroy, thanks so much for the positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear our team has been making your lawn a success. Thanks again for being a loyal TruGreen customer!

Original review: June 4, 2019

Terry who serviced our lawn was very informative on how to treat areas that were disturbed by Telus. He gave us grass seeds and told us how to mix with soil and water daily. He also helped our weed situation on the sidewalk cracks and along fence line.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Sandra. Thank you for the positive feedback! We are very happy to hear that Terry was attentive to your needs and is striving to meet customer's expectations.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We have used TruGreen for 7 years. We are always getting compliments about how wonderful our yard looks. The technicians that come out do a great job. We would highly recommend TruGreen to anyone that wants a beautiful yard!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Jeff. We really appreciate you taking the time to send us your positive feedback! We are so glad to hear it. Thanks again for being a loyal TruGreen customer!

TruGreen Lawn Care expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TruGreen was founded in 1973 in Troy, Mich. Today, the company headquarters are located in Memphis, Tenn. The company applies science-based solutions to meet residential and commercial lawn care needs.

• Scientific approach: TruGreen employs several individuals with Ph.Ds. in horticulture and other relevant subjects. These individuals design service offerings and training programs so that all TruGreen technicians fully understand the science behind lawn care.

• Service options: Interested customers can visit TruGreen’s website to learn about the variety of service plans the company offers. All plans include a Healthy Lawn Analysis®, targeted weed control and fertilizer. Some plans also include aeration and/or lime treatment to balance the pH in customers’ soil.

• PGA provider: Trugreen is the official lawn care provider of the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA). In addition to caring for the greens of PGA Championship courses, the company offers deals to PGA members.

• Community involvement: TruGreen is committed to creating green spaces for everyone to enjoy. Local offices have planted flowers and grass around public schools in Los Angeles and helped to improve landscaping at Memphis parks. In spring of 2016, the company helped to create a community vegetable garden and fruit orchard in Lansing, Mich.

• Tree and shrub care: Customers who are interested in improving the health and appearance of their trees and shrubs can add specific services to their TruGreen plans. Options include root fertilization, pest control, spring feeding and targeting trunk injection, which corrects nutrient imbalances.

• Best for: TruGreen offers services to meet most customers’ needs and budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs