toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Very professional and efficient. Techs are always polite and ready to answer any questions you may have. They inform you of any problems with your landscaping. They will offer solutions to those problems without a sales pressure speech. A true pleasure to work with.

We have been with TRUGREEN for many years and are very satisfied with their service for lawn care. We plan to continue with their services in the future. If we ever have an issue such as if it rains right after an application, they come back for a re-application if necessary at no charge. Thank you.

When I signed up for the service the manager Scott was up front and said it would take two seasons to get it turned around. I have seen a dramatic difference in this first season alone. Can't wait until next year. It will be awesome to say the least!!!

Resolution In Progress

I strongly advise against using TruGreen. I just learned they treated our 15k square feet at the cost of 31,070 square feet for 5 years. Every phone number directs customers to service representative who has no authority and offers no help. They can only "send message to district manager." Even after escalation, manager still never called back. Our case was mysteriously closed before a manager ever called us to resolve issue. Still trying to get a refund. I write this review because TruGreen and Scotts have merged. If the company was careless, inaccurate, and hard to work with before, I believe it will only get worse as it grows in size.

Came home the other day to discover that TruGreen of Newport News had opened my closed gate in the front yard and without my knowledge or consent entered on my property and sprayed harmful chemicals all over the place. The local manager explanation would indicate that they can enter upon any property, locked or not, and spray chemicals without warning and there's nothing the owner can do about it. When I mentioned lawsuit, the manager offered to come to my home and spray additional chemicals. They did not offer to neutralize or clean the chemical contamination or compensate me for doing so. When I mentioned suing for damages, he said they have many lawyers ready. Bottom line: these folks have no respect for property rights or threatening the health of their victims. Don't do business with them if you have children or pets.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Resolution In Progress

Poor seeding work. Spotty at best. Promised to reseed. Rescheduled several time. Even when I told them I raked the leaves to ensure good coverage and never shown up. Always had excuses. Got my seed cost $100 refunded but the cost of watering and leaf removal was over $300. Next time will use a local service that will do it when I asked to be done. I think they had more work that they could handle so the quality of the device suffers.

TruGreen serviced my lawn for 6 months. I maintained their recommend watering and lawn mowing schedule and wondered why my lawn progressively worsened as others in the neighborhood improved. It even became embarrassing to see their service tag on my lawn because it let my neighbors know I was paying to have my yard look like crap.

I complained several times about some of their treatment as I noticed some of lawn never improved, and then I decided to stay home to secretly observe a scheduled treatment. They did not "knock" as they claim each treatment, they only fertilized 2/3 of my lawn and excluded the problem areas, and at the blink of an eye the tech was left. I immediately complained and a tech returned a week later.

I experienced poor communication which delayed my aeration and seeding by 3 weeks. When they finally aerated the yard, again only 2/3 was treated. I couldn't trust them to do the work they were paid to do, so I use a different service now. As I shared my experience with my neighbors, several said they had similar experiences with TruGreen. When I canceled my service, I provided details on why I was canceling and of course there was no follow-up. My suggestion to you is to do your research before choosing TruGreen, inspect everything they do and don't expect flexibility on their lawn applications. As for me, I don't trust them.

Fertilizer and weed control for the time of the year that it is needed. It is comfort to have someone to do the right thing at the right time of the year for your lawn. Richard answers all my questions if I have any at that time.

TruGreen Lawn Care

James, we are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with the results of the program. Your account reflects that you enrolled in services in July, this is a season when crabgrass and dallisgrass are their most matured. As notated it was reviewed that for best control these weeds require a pre-emergent which is applied in the spring prior to their germination. Therefore, you wanted the services placed on hold until the first application of spring.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I went with this company after the good reviews. I feel they are done by employees. The weeds I was told that would be killed were not killed and when I asked the person doing the applications I was told they did not have anything to treat my problem. I canceled the service and they came out again and withdrew money out of my account. I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

TruGreen Lawn Care

JT, we truly apologize if you were in any way offended or frustrated by the customer service representative taking the opportunity to confirm that the potash, simazine, MCPA, Dicamba and Vanquish are the components of our fertilizer mixture which is sprayed at a rate of 1000sq ft/per min in our signature lines, versus directly empathizing with your concern. As a part of your active agreement, we do offer free and unlimited re-services in between your regularly scheduled paid applications if you are experiencing weed resistance, rain, etc such as what you have expressed.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

After fighting weeds for the first two years of my new lawn, I decided to let professionals do it and called TruGreen. A sales rep came out and looked at my lawn and told me that they would do a soil analysis and treat it accordingly. I signed and paid up front. The soil analysis was never done and was told that most of the lawns in my area had much of the same problems and were treated the same way. OK, I bought into it. I was home for some of the treatments and watched what they were doing. It's when you aren't at home or they think you aren't, is where I have the issues. I have suspected that the job was lacking after I found a door hanger saying that pot ash was spread in granular form but no signs of it on one treatment. Weed control was put down while it was raining and didn't stop for 2 days and other questionable service.

This morning my doorbell rang, so I got off of the couch and looked out the window to see the tech. walking back to his truck. By the time I walked 30 feet to a bedroom to put on a pair of short and opened the door, the tech was already reeling up his hose. I asked how he could spray potash, simazine, MCPA, Dicamba and Vanquish (as noted on my receipt) on 2000 square feet in less time that it takes to slip on a pair of short and get to the door. He said it was their sprayer that could spray as fast as he could walk. I called B.S. and called the toll free number and the person on the phone tried to defend him. The tech also noted that he had 30 treatments to do today, you do the math. I'll use a local lawn care company next year even if I have to pay more as I suspect that TruGreen works on volume of business rather than quality of service.

Resolution In Progress

I hired TruGreen through the National Call Center but unknown to me, this is a franchise and my service was pushed to a contractor that has extremely poor ratings (14 Reviews 2 or lower). I hired TruGreen in January 2016, had a plan and service identified. They came treat my trees and shrubs as they felt was needed and I paid what they billed me. They were out on 9/9/16 and nothing was noted as an issue but on 9/22/16, I received a call from my landscaper telling me my shrubs had Ficus White Fly. I called TruGreen that day and they said someone would be out the next day. They did not come out until 10/5/16, per their records to treat for insects and fungus.

I received no call further about the issue. I was here on 11/8/16 when they came again and they did not speak to me about the issue at all or tell me about the fungus on my palm tree. They were in and out so fast, I did even see them. On 11/11/16, my landscaper let me know one of the palm trees had fungus on it and it would need to be removed. All of the shrubs which now had very few leaves, it would take 3 years to get them back. I called TruGreen on 11/11/16 and was promised that the manager would call me back, I called on 11/14/16, and they said give them till Tuesday (11/15). Tuesday came and went and nothing. I called on Wednesday and they "said someone tried to call you yesterday and you didn't answer."

I said, "I am looking at my cellphone and no one called me other than my sister 2x's and my daughter." They promised someone else would call me that day. They didn't. I called the national headquarters and said, I'm not getting anywhere with the local. They resent me down to the local branch twice more. Then on 11/17 after calling again to both the local and the national headquarter, the national service agent gave me another national number and said to call. I said "who am I asking for?" They said "I don't know who to tell you to talk to?" So don't you have a national review program to understand when a local contractor is performing poorly? Why would you have them service me when they have such poor 14 reviews I can see all 2/5 stars - all with the same issue!!!

Tyrus **, my tech, is wonderful! He comes on time, he is professional, he does great work. He got the medians between the street and the sidewalk looking good! He also got rid of weeds! The grass has filled in empty spaces with fertilization. He is courteous and remembers to knock on the door and ring the doorbell before he starts the application so if I have any questions I can get them answered. My lawn looks great. Thanks to his work and his giving me tips on improving the lawnmower height, etc. He puts the TruGreen markers on my grass to advertise the great work he does! I would like him to continue to be my tech next year!

We will be signing with them for our lawn treatment in 2017. So far our experience with the company has been good. The company completed balance of the leftover treatment for 2016 and they did a great job. The company did some lawn treatment at our house at ** in early 2000 and were pretty good then and hopefully they will prove even better when I sign up with them again in 2017.

I have been with TruGreen for 2 years now. I can say I am very pleased with their service. I can see a great improvement on my lawn. The specialist working on your yard is very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable about their job. If you have any questions, they will be there to answer any questions you have in mind regarding your lawn. They will assist you the best way they can. I would highly recommend them.

Resolution In Progress

If I could give them a minus five stars, I would. For the past 10 years I have been doing the lawn care myself. This year I hired TruGreen. At the end of the year, my lawn was terrible shape. It is in the worst condition that I have ever seen. Four calls to TruGreen to request someone to come and inspect went unanswered. No one returned my calls. No one came to inspect my lawn. My conclusion is that TruGreen makes many claims and promises, however they keep very few. I could go on and on how TruGreen failed, but I will just say do your own homework. Read the negative reviews on this site and other sites, then decided if TruGreen is a good company for you. I failed to do my homework and feel that I flushed my money down the drain.

Get many comments on our lawn from people driving by. Have spent many years and a lot of time and money keeping it looking nice. Getting older now and less time to get out there and weed. Now it's your turn to keep it nice. So far so good!

The Technician was professional and courteous. Rang the door bell and spoke with me prior to starting the work. The treatment was completed with care and consciousness. The gate leading to the backyard was closed upon completion of the work.

I alerted Trugreen about the brown patches in my lawn in June. The response was it needed time for the fertilizer to take effect. Then in July, I asked the tech to call me, he said the brown patches were from lack of water. So I watered it a lot. I thought both these guys were clueless but I figured that's what they do so maybe they were correct. After about 40% of my lawn looked dead, I had a supervisor come out and he said it was a fungus and he would get it treated and the technicians would learn from this what brown patch was. Of course I did get a $300 water bill from the city. After a month, it still looked horrible.

I had another appointment for fungus treatment, which was postponed for a week. When they came out the following week, they put in a sign that they came out but did not do any treatment. SO my lawn was ruined. After numerous phone calls to the supervisor's cell, the corporate office in Memphis and the local office, I never received a return call. I called AMEX to reverse all the charges. I am in collection now. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Paid in excess of $420 in advance for an annual service. Was told this would cover all treatments for the year and any special treatments if needed in between scheduled visits. Received a bill for $62.91 before the 12 months expired for an additional treatment. Complained to TruGreen and was told it was in the "fine print" of the annual agreement. Very deceptive. Lawn looked better last year before TruGreen started treatment. Not at all pleased or impressed with TruGreen. Would not recommend TruGreen at all!

I called customer service last week to set up an appointment for early morning visit to go over brown spots in my lawn and property line issues. TruGreen guaranteed the accuracy Tech would be out before I went to work. I called customer service and spoke with a supervisor at 1035 AM because the tech was a no show and she said she would call me back. After 2 hours I called them back only to get an excuse of how their routes worked and I should have never been given a guarantee that they would be here early. When I got home the note on the door said the brown spots were from a different type of grass and I should try seeding to crowd out the weeds.

TruGreen isn't that what I hired you to do? I didn't hire you to monitor my grass and report back at the end of the year. I hired you to treat my lawn, get rid of weeds & get rid of the fleas in the yard. Last year - according to your own tech - you were spraying the wrong treatment to get rid of fleas. That was supposedly corrected, but here we are again this year with the same problem. Unacceptable customer service. The tech showed up at 2:45 & left at 2:48 (per the ticket left). What kind of service can be provided in that amount of time?! Terrible!!

My wife decided to hire Tru-Green as a gift to me; hoping to give me a break from having to keep up with all of the various applications throughout the season and in hopes that any problem areas we might have had could be corrected. When we first signed up my wife had requested that the technician servicing our property make it a point to knock on the door so she could meet him and go over our concerns; that never happened. Then we noticed the technician had applied treatments on a day where it rained; a wasted treatment. My wife called to find out what was going to be done about it and was told she had to wait 10 days after the treatment and then call back. Why? Don't you realize your treatment just got washed away and you should make it a point to return?

On one call that my wife made she discovered that the technician had applied one treatment that was supposed to be watered in and another that was not, at the same time. Are you kidding me? There are areas of the lawn that are burned to the point that the area will never recover without removal of the dead grass and re-seeding or sod. Lastly, we were scheduled to have the lawn aerated and overseeded. First appointment had to be canceled due to weather but we were never informed of the new date until we called to inquire. Technician didn't show up for the second appointment; again not call explaining why or informing us of the new date. The latest aeration date was this past Monday 10/17. Technician had not arrived by 4:45pm so my wife called to check on his whereabouts and was informed that we were still on his schedule and he would be there that day. Guess what? He never showed.

When he didn't show the following day my wife called again to complain; a message was left on our machine from Tom stating he had received a message to call her but he was unaware of the service she was inquiring about and that she should call him back. Using the directory on the phone I tried returning Tom's call but the number was Tru-Green's recruiting number... You can leave a message on that number but when you call their number for service issues you cannot. So I called the recruiting number again and left an angry message hoping it would cause someone to call me back the next day.

The following day I hadn't heard from anyone so I called their customer service number during my lunch break. Spoke to a woman who informed me that my new aeration day was 10/29; 12 days after the missed visit. I was not happy about that and told her I wanted to speak to someone. She took my information and assured me that she'd escalate the situation to the area manager and that he'd be contacting me within 24 hrs.

Well 24 hrs pass and no call so I call the customer service line once more. This time I am connected with Tom from the local branch who informed me that he had just spoken to my wife and the aeration has now been scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (10/24 or 10/25). Still not thrilled about the new date and even less thrilled that someone called my home when I distinctly requested that someone contact me on my cell phone because I wanted to speak to someone. I informed Tom that while I appreciate that the aeration has been moved up from the 29th, I would still like to speak to the area manager. Tom took my information once more and told me he would pass it along. I have yet to hear from anyone. The service I have received from this company is horrendous and I would never recommend them to anyone.

I had signed up for lawn service with Scotts in January 2016 since I wanted weed control of my yard. Since I want to minimize trouble of making sure I paid bills every month, I paid $384.75 for the whole year. They did a good job of weed control, but every time they would leave an invoice to pay a certain amount at my door. First three times when I got the invoice, I called them up to ask why am I getting invoices even though I prepaid for whole year. They would check the records and tell me I am good and I can ignore the invoice. My requests to them to stop leaving invoice at my door since it confuses me and cause me additional follow up work, went unheeded. So I told them the third time that I am going to ignore their invoices till end of the year, until I have to renew their services again.

Mid 2016 Scotts was bought over by Trugreen. Later half of 2016 I started getting past due notice and late fees in my invoices. So I called them and explained that I have paid till December 2016. I continued to get past due invoices and phone calls from them and I continued to repeat my explanation each time. Recently they explained to me that my prepay was for lawn services, but my current outstanding amount is for trees and shrubs, and fungicide treatment that they did on my lawn. I had never signed up for it, but my account it seems was showing I have signed up for it. I am very frustrated but I am still trying to explain that I haven't asked for any additional service since the prepay.

Jeremy from TruGreen visited today to aerate and overseed our lawn. I was quite impressed by his thoroughness and professionalism. He is obviously very proud of his responsibilities and goes about his duties in a quiet, yet thorough manner.

TruGreen promises a "Healthy Lawn Analysis" which if followed guarantees your satisfaction. I hired them to help with our yard as I had less and less time to do the work myself. We started out agreeing to an area to be serviced over the phone using Google Maps, they pulled up on my address. After the first few treatments and $1,200 later it became apparent that they were not treating the area we agreed to. Slowly the weeds took over during the summer and then the sod webworms took over and killed a large part of my lawn. Now we are going to have to kill part of our lawn due to the sedges weed that started shortly after their servicing of our yards. Yes I called them to complain but the manager would stop by, look at the yard, when I was not home, and leave me a message denying the existence of webworm moths or a weed problem. TruGreens service is a complete waste of money and time. I wasted mine, Please Do Not Waste Yours.

For the last two months, we have tried to resolve a couple of issues and experienced the worst and most dishonest organization to deal with. The service manager of the Danbury office visited and inspected our lawn and trees and he said about the lawn "if we have been doing the job, it shouldn't look like that!!" He also promised to send an expert to check out the trees and why they started to die after they treated them. The expert visit never happened. Our lawn is full of weeds and crabgrass, our trees are dying and despite repeated calls, they don't care to call back... I have sent an email which the office manager acknowledged and said that she gave it to the service manager who will call us... the same one who inspected the lawn. One week later, tried to call again and were promised he will call but no calls...

I contacted TruGreen accounting department twice in hope that they can help... On both occasions, they indicated that they will send the complaint to higher-ups and will be in touch... days go by and no calls... Today, I spoke with accounting again and was told that she has a note that the office tried to call 3 times but couldn't leave a message... we inspected our phone and they never called nor tried to leave a message (everyone else can leave messages)! This company should be ashamed of lying and cheating customers! They don't treat lawns but they want to be paid for no work!!! How can they get away with such crimes???

Prior to TruGreen taking over Scotts lawn service, Scotts treated our lawn for close to 10 years. Prior to this year, we didn't inspect the lawn very close so, we don't know if this has been ongoing for the last years or started this year. We have lots of photos that we just took off the lawn and the trees. We will give TruGreen a last opportunity before posting all the photos and names of managers involved in the scam!

This company promises guarantee and satisfaction but they don't do that. My husband and I hired them to help our yards even though the front was very close to perfect. However now we are going to have to kill part of our lawn due to a grass weed that started shortly after they started servicing our yards. Also they said they would do an aeration and overseed at the turn of the seasons. Nope they did it in 90 degree weather and only did part of my backyard. They never did courtesy calls so I constantly had to call them back. A waste of money and time.

I contacted Trugreen 6 weeks ago to let them know that what I had asked them to do, such as control my vegetation in the back of my business was not getting done and the weeds were getting to be 6 feet high. They said they would send someone and when they did, it didn't do anything. I had to hire another company to do the work that TruGreen did not do. I also hired Trugreen to control the weeds in the front of my building and the last time they decided to show up, they came when it was raining out and could not have served its purpose and was charged for it all. I would not recommend Trugreen to anyone.

We had new sod put down and installed irrigation in May of this year. In July we decided to give it its best chance and hired TruGreen to take care of it. They promise if you have a problem they will be there in 3 days. We couldn't even get them to show up for the initial visit 3 times. My husband called and cancelled and requested a full refund after the representative begged us to remain.

2-3 weeks later we get a call from a supervisor or manager who promised they would be there when they're supposed to and we stupidly agreed after being offered a big discount. They've been here all of 2 times without ever stopping to speak with us even though we demanded someone come and talk to us about issues we are having with weeds, fungus, insects, etc. As I write this we have wasted an entire day again waiting for TruGreen to show up while our brand new lawn is destroyed by weeds and disease. I can't believe they stay in business if this is how they treat their customers.

I had new sod put down in June. In late July I noticed some weeds starting to creep in so I hired TruGreen to keep my lawn healthy and green. Paid $440 for service. They came two days later and killed the weeds and the grass. They "spot sprayed" the weeds so now I have dead patches in my new sod. I called them and they sent another kid out and whatever he did is turning my nice green lawn a sickly yellow color (I think it is dying). When I call to get a refund of my unused money the SIX different reps I spoke to all insist I have to speak to a "manager" and they tell me said manager will call me back - but he never does. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! I am now seeking help from the BBB.

TruGreen has maintained our beach house properties for over 20 years. We are seldom there when the services is provided, but we never have worried as these people are true professionals and can be trusted to meet, no exceed their responsibilities. I might add that we have the most well-kept property in the area at that includes the people who live in the area year-round.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Profile