TruGreen Lawn Care

Service is always great. However, this time it was exceptional. The service technician came to apply fertilizer in the morning, but I told him that they would be cutting grass shortly. He rearranged his schedule to apply the fertilizer after the grass was cut. It is hard to find service like he offered. Thanks.

The Lawn looks good except for a few remaining Dandelions. The service people are always prompt and clean and give me suggestions on my bill. I have no complaints. I get lots of compliments on my lawn.

Philip did an outstanding job - His professionalism was remarkable. My lawn appears to have recovered from the stress of the cold winter and temperature fluctuations. I look forward to additional weed and fertilizer applications during the summer and fall in preparation for next year.

I am very happy with my lawn, I hired TruGreen a few years ago and since then I have had a lawn that is thicker and greener. I always get a call letting me know the specialist will be coming. They always ring my doorbell to make me aware that they are here. The specialist will let me know what treatment they will give the grass. They always leave me a note letting me know what they have done. The specialist that comes to my house always takes care of answering my questions.

The lawn looks much better already this year than last year. Our specialist comes when he's supposed to and is on time. He was very friendly and professional and did his job completely and quickly. He seemed to know just what the lawn needed and it looks so much better already. I think we are getting our money's worth. The specialist even remembered to close and lock the gate to the backyard without our having to tell him and that is very important to us as we have 2 very small dogs which cannot be allowed out of the backyard due to the busy nature of the road on which we live.

Only negative is that the weed killing product does not control all types of weeds. Most but not all. Application schedule is very reliable and they will come back to reapply application if a heavy rain occurred after application and the product was leeched into the soil.

All lawn service companies depend on their service technician to satisfy the customer. The young gentleman who handles my account is a 5 star performer & TruGreen should ensure that they hold onto him.

I am looking forward to healthy, beautiful shrubs and tree. I hoping for robust plants without insects and diseases. Thanks for your help to achieve that goal. I am tired of puny, sickly plants with diseases and bugs. I wish you would care for ornamental grasses and rosemary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

TruGreen has taken care of my yard for over 2 years. They have done a good job keeping my grass in good health. The two most recent services were done by Johnie who had great attention to details while working on the grass.

Clean, quick and thorough service with immediate results favorable to my yard. Using this service minimized the risks that I use to take when I managed my yard maintenance. Now all have to do is trim the grass and keep the lawn watered. It looks great!

The gate to the backyard was left open. Fortunately, we discovered it before we let the dog out. Our neighbor spotted it and warned us. Otherwise, everything else was fine. I don't like to nitpick, but please help us out and leave the gates closed.

Jeremy ** is a asset to your program. He look over my lawn. Gave advice on what to do on areas that weren't in good condition, I was very pleased with that. I had your program 5 years ago. It was great in improving my lawn at that time. I believe it was fella named Paul. Also your program works.

I subscribe to the year round service and have for years. My lawn is one of the best in the neighborhood. People stop when walking by and comment on how thick my grass is. I also use the tree and shrub service and find they are disease free. It took about two years to get my lawn in the shape it's in now. I also think it's better for the environment because they do not over apply chemicals or store them haphazardly.

I am pleased with the overall appearance of my lawn. Although I did not meet the technician in person last visit, he did write down a few comments. One that my lawn mower blade was dull and that is why I get brown tips on my grass. I have since sharpened my blades and the brown tips have gotten noticeably better. I do take issue of two other comments. One that my lawn is heavily compacted. Last fall I rented a power aerator and made several passes in both directions over the entire lawn. This was one of your recommendations. The other was that some brown spots were caused by pet urine. I do not own a pet and my neighbor's dogs do not venture in my yard. I am just curious on how he arrives at his assumptions. Does he test for these things or are they just opinions. Overall I am pleased with the service and how well my lawn has responded to your treatments.

Brian ** has been doing my lawn for years. He does a great job and is always very courteous and helpful. He is always good about telling what needs to be done to keep the lawn looking good. He takes care of my lawn very efficiently.

I just had my first application done and the technician was great, explained the process to me thoroughly and what I should expect in terms of results. He also gave me tips on what I can do to help with the process. I was shocked by the cost as it was much cheaper than I expected it would be and how friendly everyone has been.

I am absolutely Happy with the TruGreen Service. Starting using them last October, my lawn was a mess covered with weeds, barely any grass. We are now the best on my street. TruGreen Professional are truly experts in their field. My neighbors even commented of how great our lawn looks, so green. They are very attentive to our concerns, they do not hesitate to act. Greatly Recommend Them!!! Totally Satisfied!

We had a year contract with TruGreen a couple of years ago. They showed up and put out weed killer or fertilizer from time to time. The fertilizer helped and maybe the weed killer worked somewhat but that is not the real complaint. A few months after the last treatment, we noticed a grass we had never seen in our yard popping up here and there. Didn't think much about it at the time but with the spring rains it has exploded. Areas that were solid Bermuda grass has this stuff all in it. I highly suspect that one of the fertilizer treatments was loaded with some sort of fine fescue seed and now my yard is covered in a grass that I don't want. Some got over in my neighbor's yard and I don't think he is going to be happy either.

Lawn is looking good and he advised that I cut it a bit longer in order to get rid of the Creeping Charlie. If this doesn't work then he advised on a service call to specifically treat the Creeping Charlie. He was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. In the past, I have had problems with changing the day of treatment.

This is very simple. I had an established lawn service for over a decade. I made the giant mistake of giving into the TruGreen salesman who offered a lower price. This was a little over a year ago. In that time period, TruGreen took a beautiful lawn and destroyed it. My lawn is nothing but weeds now. I have been calling and complaining for over 3 months. I have been lied to countless times. It is crystal clear their technicians have no clue what they are doing. I am being harassed by my homeowners association about the condition of my lawn. I was told for over a month that someone would be contacting me and visiting my property to review the issues. I was called ONCE by a guy named Tim who said he was coming out the next day. I never heard from or saw Tim.

After more phone calls a 'regional' rep did actually show up to my house, only to spew out more lies. He agreed that my lawn was pathetic and said they would fix it. Spoiler alert: nothing has happened. No one has been to my house, no one has done anything. He told me my lawn would be scheduled for aeration even though I had already had that performed. Crickets.... I have heard from no one. The day before TruGreen took over I had a lush lawn that I had spent thousands of dollars on. I now have nothing but clumpy weeds in my yard. I have had 2 companies quote me over $10,0000.00 to undo what TruGreen has done to my yard.

TruGreen may be one of the most pathetic companies to have such a large customer base. They WILL NOT honor their worthless guarantee. All they will do is blame YOU for their mistakes. DO NOT make the same mistake I made. Their is not a single human being at that company who will take responsibility for anything. It's almost like a pyramid scam. They promise you results and just pass you off to the next rep when there is a problem.

Our lawn looks amazing. We have neighbors on the west side that have a patch of clover and dandelions covering their front lawn, there is a distinctive line between the edge of their lawn and ours. The neighbors on the north side of us use another company to fertilize their lawn and spray for weeds and their lawn always looks burned when the company leaves, not to mention the smell. I have been pleased to notice that our lawn doesn't have the chemically smell or a burnt look to it when our specialists leaves. We are not usually home when they come to our house so they leave their notes on the door. I like getting a paper version of the service so I can review it when I get home. It's available online too, however, I rarely go into my account online to check the service notes for each visit.

We bought our home 3 years ago and our yard/grass was mostly creeping charlie, dandelions and clover. We started using TruGreen just last Spring, so, we haven't actually used them yet for an entire year, but our yard already looks so much better! There are still dandelions, but compared to what it was last year, it really looks great! No signs of creeping charlie yet, either! We're hopeful that with a little more time, all the weeds will be gone and our yard will look just amazing. I've only spoken to the specialist a few times, but when I did, he was very helpful and professional.

I walked out to my truck at 8:30 am to start it, and the TruGreen truck was parked out front. They were prompted, and the service tech stopped from treating lawn to say good morning! He also asked if I had any questions regarding lawn. Their representation is very orderly and clean. They are specific about what they do! My lawn is free of weeds and with a lush dark green color for a lawn! My neighbor and I are the only two on our block that uses TruGreen, and it shows no other lawn comes close to the rich look! The value is worth it! I've tried store bought fertilizers and. Ever got this results!

I am happy with TruGreen. The specialist always leaves tips on what to do and sometimes I listen depending on what it is I want done. My lawn looks good so far this season. It is very easy to schedule a service. The monthly payment is a little high but that 's okay as long as my lawn keeps looking as good as it do. I will always keep TruGreen as my lawn service specialists. Never again will I leave and go to a competitor.

I am beyond upset with TruGreen. I pre-paid for my front and back lawn. My back lawn never gets service. I would like a refund. TruGreen cannot make up the service that has been missed on my backyard. I am tired of this.

I have called twice about all of the weeds in my yard since TruGreen took over for Scotts Lawn service. Both times I have been told that the hot weather will kill the poa annua weeds that are everywhere. I don't pay for hot weather, I pay TruGreen to kill the weeds that they did not prevent coming up. As soon as I find another Lawn service, I will switch. Never use TruGreen. My neighbors have already canceled with them.

The yard has improved greatly over the years with TruGreen's yard service. Have been a customer for at least seven years and each year the yard has made good gains. We have even used TruGreen's services for our shrubs and trees.

I am an angry customer of TruGreen. My complaint goes back months, even years. In the fall of 2016, I chose not to aerate my backyard because of the drought. I planted Rye grass to hold the dirt in place because I literally had very few sprigs of grass although I watered several times last summer. The Rye grass came up beautifully and my yard looked good throughout the winter.

In March with all the rain, I decided to get TruGreen to aerate my yard and overseed it. They refused because they said it was not time to do it. Their computer system would not set up billing for this service in March. I decided to have someone else aerate it, and I personally overseeded it and applied starter fertilizer. I watered regularly... several times a day to germinate the fescue grass. It was starting to look pretty good.

On 4-24-17, I received an automated call from TruGreen stating they were going to come on 4-25 for a application. I immediately called and told their customer service dept to make sure the tech did not treat my backyard as I had recently aerated, overseeded and fertilized. Imagine my dismay and frustration when I saw they had treated the backyard. I called to complain and asked to speak to a manager. The customer service rep said they would have someone call me. No one called. I called 2 more times. This time the CSR realized they had not actually requested the manager call me, so they put in a request. Still no call. So I called yet again, and told the CSR that I had better hear from a manager by the end of the next day or I would be all over social media filing complaints.

My house is for sale... so now I have a crummy backyard with giant patches as big as a car that are totally dead. I have pictures. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me when the tech literally dripped weed killers all over my yard... It looked like he'd written "help" in the grass. TruGreen's techs are poorly trained. This tech did not read my history and realize I said not to treat the backyard... and he used too many chemicals in half the grass and not enough in the other half. The previous tech couldn't identify weeds vs. Hostas, and killed them! I would not recommend TruGreen to my worst enemy! Use any other lawn service, but TruGreen... They would HAVE to be better!! TruGreen has NO Customer Services, and Poorly trained Techs!!

The tech that came out to do the initial service was friendly, courteous and answered all my questions that a new customer would naturally have. He explained all of the different applications and their timing. I felt good that this was and will be a good value for the money.

I have been a customer of TruGreen since 2004. I hired TruGreen to take care of my 3 acre lawn, so I did not have to. The last 2 years have been a nightmare to get my lawn serviced in the spring. In 2016, April and May I made 14 calls to the Waukesha Wisconsin division to get my service started and it was late May when they finally showed up, only after I talked to at least 10 different people. I heard everything from the new computer system is not working, to "We currently do not have large enough equipment to do your lawn." Funny thing 3 neighbors have TruGreen and they got their lawns done in early May!

This year I have called 4 times already. "Due to rain we could not do your lawn 1st week of May." Tuesday called, "You are scheduled for Friday the 12th." Called to confirm Thursday, "No you are not scheduled until Monday the 15th." Today Friday called, "No you are not on the schedule at all." Finally talked to a supervisor, and he promised to have lawn done on Saturday the 13th of May! His excuse was another scheduling problem with computer. Simply put, I am sick and tired of having to call to get TruGreen to do their job. If I have to call one more time to get service TruGreen, YOU ARE FIRED!!! If your Waukesha Wisconsin division is having problems, this is not my problem. I hired you to do a job. DO IT!!!

I have used TruGreen now for 4 years. My initial contact was to address an aggressive Creeping Charley and Wild Violet infestation that I could not eradicate over the years myself. The representative assessed the yard and suggested a plan to address those T2 issues and an overall lawn care program. The Creeping Charley and Wild Violet issues was 80% eradicated the first year and totally eradicated by the end of the 2 year. I was also very happy with how the general condition of the lawn had also improved. So, I continue to use TruGreen.

Resolution In Progress

TruGreen Lawn Care

Dona, we apologize for the the mistaken square footage calculation based upon the satellite imagery, and the inconvenience we have caused you as a result. We appreciate your reaching out and letting us know about the error so that we can address it

Original review: May 11, 2017

Booked, paid for 5 sprays, goofed up appointment date, called 3 more times before someone finally set up correct appointment. Then they came out and the driver was given wrong information and could not do the spray because my lawn was too big!!! Really, they said they were looking at a satellite picture of my lawn when I booked it. $300 later I cancelled! They need to get their act together and stop with the national phone center and no way to get a hold of personal business spraying. Now I have to find another company... TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES IF THAT IS POSSIBLE. I own a business and if I gave as poor of service as they do I would be out of business.

We signed up with TruGreen 8 months ago. I suspect we were overcharged for service from the beginning. The 800 number seemed to have our lot square footage and I think- but do not absolutely know- that we were charged on that. Problem, we leave about 20 to 25% of the lot natural and wooded and that area is never treated. After 8 months, the yard looks the worst it has EVER looked. We have weeds we never had before this year. Spring brought us LOTS of blooming weeds and I have the pictures to prove it.

We got a critical medical call in the fall, while the technician was outside. He kept ringing the doorbell, determined to oversell us a product while I was trying to digest the information. I told him it was a bad time to catch us and he kept overselling. I finally shut the door. He has never forgiven me and my yard shows it. When I called because the grass strip between our driveway and our next door neighbor's yard truly looked like a weed garden, the same guy came out, argued with me, rolled his eyes, etc. It was behavior I had often seen in my 15 yr old. I called TruGreen, they stated they would change our technician.

It is now May. We are the only people on our street with TruGreen and we have the worst yard in the neighborhood and the worst yard we have ever had since we built and sodded 6 years ago. I called again. They told me they would send a SENIOR technician out. Guess who is here. Mr. rolling eyes. Save your money!!! Very disappointed. Had used them with good results in 2 other states. WILL NOT BE A TRUGREEN CUSTOMER MUCH LONGER IF THEY CAN NOT IMPROVE BECAUSE THEY PROBABLY CANNOT GET WORSE.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Profile