toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

TruGreen Lawn Care

Ronald we are ecstatic to know that you appreciate the convenience of the auto renewal, service summaries, and post service notification. Thank you for your commitment and faith in TruGreen. It is a pleasure to serve you!

Original review: June 18, 2017

I like the fact that TruGreen has an automatic start and stop to the annual service. I don't have to try to remember to begin my service in the Spring. The service person always comes to the door to announce that they are there to complete the service. I like the door tag giving me details of the services performed and the evaluation of my lawn. The e-mail follow-up is also valuable. Although I have not had a reason to ask for special services (such as controlling a tough weed) I am confident that TruGreen could provide such service with good results. My lawn always looks great!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very happy with TruGreen. I am advised ahead of time when they will be spraying/working in our yard. They are always neat never leaving anything such as trash. Yes, I would recommend them to any of our neighbors as well as friends. Our yard is very green especially with 2 inches of rain last night.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Linda, we thank you for reviewing your services and are so thrilled to see that the customer service is very responsive & your lawn looks great! Welcome back to TruGreen!

Original review: June 14, 2017

The service people are quiet, quick, and efficient and I appreciate how well our lawn looks. When I call in my issues are handled very quickly. I tried another service once but the lawn did not look as healthy and cared for so I returned to TruGreen.

My lawn looks so much better. Trugreen knows that it takes more than your garden store fertilizer to improve and maintain your turf. Money well spent. I highly recommend Trugreen to anyone who wants to have a healthy and pretty lawn. Join me and my friends and family. Call Trugreen today.

Once I had my first application and met Chris, I was very pleased with his knowledge and recommendations. My only complaint, and it has nothing to do with Chris, was after I sent in my request for information, I got called by 3 or 4 different people (which I can appreciate because I myself am a Director of Global Sales for our company) trying to sell me this service. I finally was contacted by Matt (he told me he was the LOCAL person for TruGreen) so I signed up with him. Which I prefer. I have even been called back by someone from another State after I already signed up with Matt to try and get me to sign up. Evidently he didn't know I was already a client. Just saying it's a little aggravating to get so many calls. I guess it's better than no one calling which I've experience with others. Thank you.

I am happy with my lawn care thus far. My specialist is very helpful and courteous. Any questions/concerns are handled efficiently. I have recommended TruGreen to my friends. Those that have obtained these services are happy with their results.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The specialist, Jeremy **, that treats my lawn is just wonderful. He does such a good job and is always so friendly and helpful. I have had many people walk by my house and tell me how nice my lawn looks. Because of the unusual amount of rain this year, I am getting crab grass in the front lawn where I have no shade and the grass is a bit thinner. I called to see if there was anything that could be done to remedy the problem and Jeremy was here in a couple of days putting an extra treatment on the lawn where needed. I really like getting a phone call the day before I am scheduled for a treatment so that I can get the lawn mowed if needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Keeps my lawn healthy and looking green without my needing to worry about what chemicals to use or when to apply them and what the application should be. The crew that apply the chemicals are friendly and helpful and are willing to answer any questions I may have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

At my Mom's house we removed a crab apple tree in her front yard about 10 years ago and the roots ended up attracting a bunch of grubs that ruined the yard. I ended up getting TruGreen's lawn care for my Mom's birthday a couple years ago and the yard looks amazing. The before and after photos would show how much of a difference TruGreen has made. Anything I can do to make my Mom happy is well worth it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had nothing but positive dealings with TruGreen. They have come regularly and always left their recommendations on keeping my grass looking good. When I had a dog I requested they call before they came which they did every time. I would recommend TruGreen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The local TruGreen service techs have always shown up promptly, worked efficiently and been courteous. They have been neatly dressed for their tasks and launched right into their work. Whenever I've asked a question, they were knowledgeable and knew the answer. On a couple of occasions, the technician offered friendly advice regarding mowing techniques and lawn patches. They appeared to enjoy their work. I was pleasantly surprised that one of the technicians took back a few soil samples for analysis in order to customize future types and amounts of application products that TruGreen would apply.

TruGreen is a reliable company that has taken care of our lawn, tree & shrub needs. If there's ever a problem, they do not hesitate to come out and see if there's something they can do to resolve it. We have used TruGreen's services for a number of years and will continue to do so.

Jason ** does a really good job on our lawn and we would recommend TruGreen to anyone. He explains what we need to do to keep our lawn looking great. You hired a really good person when you chose Jason.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My service representative is always courteous. He knocks on the door to let you know he has arrived. Trudy, always gives you a prior call to let you know the date he will arrive. When he is finished he leaves a summary of the products he uses and the condition of your lawn. Couldn't ask for more! My lawn looks great!!!

Like the service. As the first person told me when he arrived "don't expect miracles in the first year" which I knew was the case as it takes time to re-establish a lawn. By this time next year, with TruGreen's assistance, I hope to have all the bare spot filled, weeds gone and a lush and healthy lawn.

I am very pleased with TRUGREEN professionals. They do an excellent job maintaining my lawn with their applications. My lawn is green and it looks great. I like the comments on the billing sheet that is left at my home after the application. I usually read these for their insight and guidance. Nice job!!!!

The technician was thorough and knowledgeable about our lawn and answered all our questions. Within one week of spraying our yard we noticed a difference. The grass became much greener and looked more healthy. Even my neighbor remarked how good our yard looked!

We have been pleased with TruGreen's service via scheduling and also with the service specialist who is very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I have appreciated his advice regarding care of our lawn. I would recommend TruGreen to my friends. Please send us some cooler weather and rain as it has been very hot and dry the last couple of weeks.

TruGreen continues to impress me with their quality of service. On this particular visit the specialist stopped by to treat my lawn before 8:00 AM on a Saturday. He noted in the paperwork he left that he did not ring the doorbell because of his early arrival.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very pleased with our service, appearance of our lawn that John **, TruGreen manager, gives us in servicing our lawn needs. He is very professional, knowledgeable, comes in a timely manner, and always is friendly visiting about any concerns that the lawn may have and solutions to the concerns. He always touches base with me each time he is here. John ** is the entire reason that we are still a customer of TruGreen Company. He is the very best example of excellent customer service!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had TruGreen for many years now and always seem to get the best service. My grass is the greenest and cleanest on the street and I am always complimented on the nice green grass. I do not see the service people many times but the work is always done to my satisfaction. I do have some concerns regarding weeds or should I say cherry trees appearing in my lawn which are very difficult to remove, actually impossible would be the word. So if anyone has any ideas that would help, I would appreciate the help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Specialist are friendly and professional. When I call for concerns, they are resolved promptly. They call me before they come to service the lawn. Always leaves the sign on the lawn and the invoice in the mail which they have suggestions for any upgrades.

The weeds and crabgrass are almost all gone and the lawn looks nice and green. The service man, John was very helpful explaining to me that I should raise my lawn mower blade so I won't cut the grass too short and cause it to burn up. I did raise the blade and the lawn looks much better. I find that the liquid application is more effective than the granular.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The specialist was very friendly and professional in our discussion of the applications and my lawn needs, which sold me on the use of TruGreen. The timeliness of application after my call was great and the quality of the job was exceptional, and will be more apparent as time progresses. I feel the value for the cost is right on point for the market and job done. I look forward to the following applications for my home needs. I spent a lot of money and time to get my yard to the great stage it is in and want TruGreen to help me keep it and improve it! Very satisfied customer.

In all the years that I have had TruGreen services I have never had an issue with them. The technicians come and do they their job and zip, they're gone. My lawn Always look great and I'm very pleased. They're always willing to answer any questions that I may have.

TruGreen has helped clean up our yard since we purchased the house over a year ago. When we first bought the house you couldn't see any grass on it. Since TruGreen has been treating our lawn, it looks so much greener and fuller. Now we get compliments from our neighbors on how nice and healthy it looks. Thank you TruGreen.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service that I have been receiving from TruGreen lawn specialist (John **) have been excellence. His professionalism, friendliness and knowledge of his position have made me a happy customer. My lawn looks great now because of the quality of his work and the amount of rain we received this season.

Service has been very good and lawn really looks great. This is our 2nd year using TruGreen. I tried to perform my own service previously, but always had problems applying at correct time and on schedule. TruGreen took over and I'm really glad they did. They have applied the correct fertilizer at the correct time. Service Technicians are courteous and professional.

TruGreen's service was exceptional in regards to timely professional responses to any and all lawn problems. My lawn was a mess prior to having Trugreen perform their magic and several of my neighbors have signed up for service because of the transformation. I also attribute the lush green lawn to the recent quick sale of our home because of its curb appeal. I will be recommending Trugreen to the new owners. Thank you to all of the service techs who performed service to my property.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My home was built on a lot which had been vacant for about 15 years. Therefore, we are battling weeds. TruGreen comes out as often as needed to try to get rid of the weeds. The weeds are not gone yet, BUT they are on the run!!! I'm seeing fewer and fewer weeds after each treatment. I appreciate the friendly service when scheduling follow-up treatments, and how quickly TruGreen can return to treat the weeds.

Yard looks great this year. The best I've seen it. The growth is good, the color is great. The service has been right on time. The service man has been friendly and prompt. The yard is much better than last year. It's nice not having to worry about when to apply the service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The crew that comes to my house and performs the cutting and edging every Monday are second to none. They are professional, neat and do a great job as my lawn looks terrific. I cannot say enough about them except keep up the great job. We really appreciate your hard work...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My most recent experience with TruGreen was today. This was for mosquito control. The specialist was courteous and answered my questions. I cannot compare the work done to that of another company, e.g., Mosquito Authority, because this is the first time I've had a service for mosquitoes. I can say that I have not seen a mosquito on my skin since the service started last month.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Profile