toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

TruGreen Lawn Care

Veronica, we are so glad to hear that you are satisfied with the services and the results you have received so far. I am forwarding your review of the specialist to your local branch. We appreciate all feedback and thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

We had dead spots in our yard and were told it was due to lack of sun and lots of trees. TruGreen listened and fixed the problems that were not due to lack of sunlight. The TruGreen specialist came by several times to check to see if the treatment was working and constantly stayed in touch even though we were not home.

I recommend TruGreen for all the lawn and shrub care. They are professional and answer any questions that you have. They deal with fungus in the lawn and crabgrass. They give advice and ideas for dealing with your particular type of grass. Great company.

Good company to take care of landscaping. They are worth the money. I have used them for 1 season and have seen improvement in the growth and health of our landscape materials. Until I see otherwise, I would recommend them highly.

As I stated previously, the Lawn Specialist and the Shrub specialist have been wonderful--- totally professional and informative and easy to talk to. They have been a pleasure to work with--- and my lawn and shrubs are greatly improved. They are also on time.

Resolution In Progress

TruGreen Lawn Care

Good morning Raj Jayabalan, I apologize if there was any confusion in regards to your services, I know that can be concerning. When you became a customer of TruGreen it was stated in your service agreement that all services are continuous. In the continuous service clause it states that we will service your property unless you call and inform TruGreen that you no longer want services. Also, this clause means that each year we will service your property and you do not have to give verbal consent for us to continue to service your property. In addition, paying upfront is not required; it is a chance for customers to save money on their services for the upcoming season.- Ashley

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

This is a review about TruGreen South Plainfield, Store #5910, 117 Corporate Blvd. South Plainfield, NJ 07080. Phone: 9087552795. I had service with them. I moved out of the property that they were providing service. I did not inform them that I was moving out. But they continued service which they should *not* have without me authorising it and without me paying upfront. They ended up reporting past due to a collection agency which was uncalled for. Why would they provide a service without me authorising and paying upfront? Who's to say what kind of so-called services they provided? I recall calling them before the season every time and paying upfront. I don't know what happened this time and how I could be past due for unauthorised service.

The receptionist I spoke to about this on February 8th, 2017 was very unhelpful, rude, and provided no explanation why a service was provided without my authorisation/upfront payment but only kept repeating that I should have cancelled before I left the property. If I can help it, I'll never, ever, sign up with TruGreen again, especially the one at the address above. Hope my experience helps someone beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Customer Service has improved tremendously since the merge of Scott's Lawn Service and TruGreen. I had cancel my service with TruGreen several years back and switched to Scott's. I am impressed with the customer service and the professionalism of the Customer Call center and the Specialist that came out and treated my yard. I hope it continues.

This is the second time I have witnessed Alvin **'s, my lawn specialist at TruGreen, work performance, since retiring from the Army. I have always been skeptical of lawn specialists due to my previous experience with them in the past. I never believed that they really "treated" my yard properly. However, Alvin is always courteous and professional and makes it a point to ring my doorbell before each treatment and provides me professional advice on my yard. My yard is starting to get "green" again. Please give him my sincere thanks!!!

Have used TruGreen for 1 year. Am amazed at the quick improvement of weed and grass burr control. Very happy with technician Larry ** here in the Abilene Texas area. Highly recommend TruGreen based on this experience. Also will comment that customer service is way above what you're normally see in companies these days. Pleased that they will retreat lawn anytime with no additional charge.

This is a fair and honest review of TRUGREEN. Initially, we were customers of Scotts Lawn. As you may know, the companies either merged or Scotts Lawn was acquired by TRUGREEN. Unfortunately, we did have a few service issues during that time. But, through it all, TRUGREEN worked diligently to regain our trust as customers and our new lawn specialist, Mr. **, has proven to be a great advocate of how capable the service can be in the hands of the right person. He has proven on numerous occasions that he is dedicated to the job and willing to ensure we are completely satisfied. I would definitely recommend TRUGREEN to others and my wife and I once again feel like valued customers and plan to continue our service relationship well into the future!

1/31/17 Service: Mr. Willie **, our service rep, visited our property to apply a granular lime treatment to our grass. He was professional, courteous, and knowledgeable and explained the necessity of mowing grass even in the winter time. Our lawn has improved greatly since TruGreen began caring for it!

I have an ongoing issue going back to October 2016 with TruGreen not applying the proper pesticides to handle my turf issues. Repeated calls to customer service and local Management has not solved the problem. I expect to have my lawn re-sodded In order to make me a satisfied customer.

Living in MI our temps fluctuate. 2 weeks of warm weather resulted in fleas showing up. I called TruGreen who agreed they would be out to spray. I chose a plan and set up a date in 2 days to spray. I received several phone calls afterwards wanting to set up a plan. I explained each time I had done so. The following day a woman calls confirming my plan and assured me they would be here Wednesday. Today is Friday and TruGreen never showed.

It took 2 phone calls to reach someone who could tell me what was going on. Lady today says they will not spray my yard till May because fleas are not active till then. I said, "I can assure you giving almost 2 weeks of springtime weather they are alive and well." She literally argued with me that no bugs are active! Unbelievable how incompetent TruGreen is. I asked her why the others I spoke to didn't know their rules about pest control and she had no answer. Calling another company to help. TruGreen I am truly disappointed! There is no excuse for your incompetence.

Florida yards are a lot of work. TruGreen has helped my yard to be the best it can be from the grass, to the sprinklers, to adding plugs and spraying for bugs. If you haven't tried TruGreen, I highly recommend the company - they show up when they say and they give you "feedback" so the owner can understand the work being done. They have polite plus professional techs and they get the job done. I have been more than happy with this company. Best of all, is that they reward their employees for being their best and doing their best. This fact encouraged me to go with TruGreen and stay with TruGreen. YES! TRUGREEN! Thank you for being a positive and professional company!

Steve the tech is fantastic he always lets us know when he is here to give us time to take the dog out. Always check to see and make sure we have no fire ants as our daughter is highly allergic to them. The lawn always looks good and he always follows up if he see a problem. I really believe you have one fantastic service tech and he is a credit to your company.

My 90-year old father contracted with TruGreen for about a year. After he passed away, seeing how TERRIBLE his yard looked compared to how it had been golf-course perfect with another company, I immediately called and cancelled TruGreen services. They continued to show up (and bill my mother) for the service even after FIVE CALLS over THREE MONTHS. They also were not treating the backyard because the gate was locked, although they SAID it had been treated. (No one ever knocked, if we knew they were there would have told them to go away!)

When I refused to pay, they shifted tactics to calling her weekly, leaving "advertising" flyers on the door, etc. Spoke with supervisors, threatened legal action for harassment and trespassing, FINALLY got to speak with someone who said they'd "take me off their list". Whew! Quiet! For a couple of months. This morning they called again! "I'm sorry, no you can't speak to a supervisor, he's on another call." I called back later, same response. Left callback number. Then called main office and left callback number. NOW, they don't call...

The experience with the service provided has been excellent. The serviceman Mr. ** is very knowledgeable and gives a perfect service. I will recommend this company as well as Mr. ** service to every person who needs and wants their lawn to look beautiful and healthy.

First contact from sales member was pleasant and informative and I agreed to the annual service. The follow up call to schedule service and set up a payment was aggressive in an attempt to sell me more than the original sales person advised me I needed and attempt to change the annual fee in full, instead of the payment plan I agreed to. Several months later and after 3 treatments, my lawn still looks the same as it did when I first agreed to the service. Nonetheless, I just receive a call from the sales team telling me that the last time the technician serviced my yard he noticed there were fire ants, in my yard and for $125.00 they will treat for them.

I have owned multiple properties in South Florida over the past 30 years and know firsthand what fire ants & their mounds look like and how they feel when they bite! When I told her she was wrong, "I have ants but they are NOT fire ants", she quickly corrected herself to let me know the technician found fire ants in the neighborhood and they fly up to 10 miles and I should take the service as a preventive measure. I find this deceptive and a dishonest way of doing business. I have elderly parents & grandparents who would have paid for this service instead of other necessities in fear that they would be attacked by fire ants in their own home. I will start my search for a more reputable company to do business with moving forward.

It's very simple: I hired this company after doing all lawn maintenance myself including fertilizing, bug treatment to tree roots and had used another company to treat the lawn. In 9 months my yard has never looked so bad. An entire hedge is dying, fungus and mold on hedges,and spiders everywhere. They recently sent someone who said the lawn needed phosphorus. Right. What took so long? I also was billed for more frequent lawn services than I was originally told was required. Others when I was never notified via phone that they were coming. No ticket was ever left on the door, and I was nevertheless billed. They were also requested to not come before 8 am, and have arrived at 7 while I'm on conference calls working from home. I've called no less than 5 times to resolve these problems and sadly it's a case of big company, local office. They only do the minimum and are otherwise ambivalent.

Resolution In Progress

TruGreen Lawn Care

Thank you for providing the answer to my inquiry. I will contact the office and research this matter more in depth. Once I have gathered the information required, I will confirm how we will proceed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We have received a bill from TruGreen which isn't a service we agreed to have. It shows two charges listed as 8/27/16, 9/27/16 $72.62 for each month, total of $145.24. We had contacted TruGreen in the early spring of 2016, inquiring about service for our home's yard. We explained to the person who answered what we were wanting; service on a monthly as needed basis. That our home was up for sale and we didn't want to be obligated to a contract for the whole season, in case if it sold. We were assured that wouldn't be a problem, that someone would call us, and we could call back if we didn't want them to come.

My husband was home one afternoon and a truck pulled up with a technician. He began to spray our yard. My husband went out and told him to stop, that we didn't want them to spray the yard, to let whoever in their office know this. I called the next day and explained again that we would confirm if we wanted them to spray, that we had the house for sale and now had an offer on it. The person I spoke to said, ok. We did sell the house and thought it was fine, until we then received a bill for the service. My husband called and spoke with the same woman I did or another woman in this office. She argued with him about the bill, saying that because we'd had them come, we had implied that we wanted service and we're obligated to pay them. He kept explaining what we'd agreed for initially. He then told her we'd pay half of the initial amount to just be done with the whole problem.

Now we've received a bill for that amount and then next month--after we had already moved (house was sold). We have called the phone number on the bill we've gotten with our forwarded mail, to try to figure out what is going on, with no luck. It goes to an automated recording, telling you to wait, that all operators are busy, then you wait for awhile and it hangs up on you. We are going to have no recourse, but to contact our lawyer. We feel we were lied to, that we are being pressured into paying a bill which services were not agreed. TruGreen should not treat customers this way and have such poor managers, business practices. If I were a prospective customer? I would run the other way as quickly as possible!

Hello TruGreen, on 1/10/17 you sent someone to my house asking to perform lawn care. We did NOT accept any services from your lawn care guy and asked him to leave. He did NOT perform any lawn care on 1/10/17. Not sure why we were charged a fee when you did not perform any services on 1/10/17. Please remove my email from your email list. Thank you. I did not sign contract with TruGreen, I am not your customer. If you bother me again I will post this comment to TruGreen Reviews. TruGreen sent me the bill $50.49 for none service.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Hello Hua, my name is Karissa and I am the social media coordinator for the corporate office. We are truly sorry to see that you are concerned that you had issues with billing that were in essence left unresolved, we can understand why that is concerning for you. In reviewing your account I noticed a few things on your program 7RND+GRUB+AER/OVRSEED:

1) Your Lawn Services were $600.6 before the 10% pp dsc (-60.06)=$540.54. Your account shows as having made a lump sum payment of $490.15. In order to have the prepay discount, the full amount must be paid. Therefore in your case, your applications remained $29.95 for the first application, $55.95 for the remaining 7, and $179 for the aeration.

2) 6 of your 8 lawn applications were completed (That's 1 for $29.95+ 5 ($55.95)=$309.7

3)Aeration was completed 9/24= $179.00

4) When you combine the sum of, 3) and 4) above... it is a total of $488.70. You paid a lump sum in August of $490.15.

5) Fertilizer/Weed control applications are completed every 4-6 weeks.

6) Expanded services such as the grub and the aeration can be completed the same day as a fertilizer, as listed on you welcome aboard letter, since the two do not counteract. If they're not done on the same day, the two can still be completed within the 4-6 week intervals of the fertilizers.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

When I signed up the lawn service in Aug 2015, and I made the prepayment. In less than 4 months, Trugreen billed me for 7 service and depleted the prepayment fund. I am amazed at how Trugreen treats its customer, and while I have complained through the customer service representative, I received not apologies and action to remedy the situation.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Lawrence, we are pleased to hear that Ray has provided excellent customer service and your results have been satisfactory. I have forwarded your compliment to management. Thank you for choosing TruGreen.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The service was excellent and the specialist was Ray **. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. Service was very professional and lawn is looking good. Ray provided some good insight on my lawn care and gave me some good information to assist my lawn care quality.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Michael, thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your service specialist Andy. I have forwarded your compliment to his superiors. Thank you for choosing TruGreen

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The lawn specialists are courteous and professional, which is a plus these days? My lawn specialist, Andy, makes it a point to briefly touch base with me during his visits. I like being able to put a face on the individuals who are regularly servicing my property.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Dr. Jaffe, we are pleased to hear that your specialists have provided exemplary services and your are satisfied with your experience. We appreciate your taking the taking the time to provide a review.. We look forward to servicing you in 2017! ~Karissa

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I was extremely happy with your service and would without doubt recommend your service. Your tech was extremely knowledgeable, courteous and likable. I have utilized a number of other services and I am truly glad that I finally commissioned TruGreen.

Factual basis uncertain

We had high hopes based on the initial sales people ensuring that they would achieve better than sod results for less money. The company's first mistake was applying crabgrass preventer too late. By early summer, we had a patchy lawn of healthy, green crabgrass with several bare spots that turned to mud when we watered in the fertilizer treatments. The company doesn't apply any seed until fall, so our lawn looked bad all season despite our regular watering to combat the drought and encourage any already existent grass to flourish. When it was time to aerate and seed, the tech skipped seeding about one third of our lawn, and we experienced a low germination rate from the rest of the seed even though we followed care instructions.

After all this, we received a notice of renewal of our service plan. When I called to cancel that, the phone rep talked me into signing up to have a manager call me. The manager was supposed to make an appt with me to come out and see what could be done to remedy our lawn. Today, weeks after my call to customer service, I had heard nothing from any manager or any other rep of the company, but a tech pulled up and sprinkled on more fertilizer. He left a note that said he'd knocked although he didn't. I contacted the company again via their online contact form about the situation and received only a voice mail confirming my account was now cancelled. So much for satisfaction guarantee. I wish we had just chosen sod in the first place.

Factual basis uncertain

poor quality, I had 3 homes with them all 3 the yards look awful. They also use up all your services so you are not really getting a year paid when you pay upfront for the year. They basic used up all my services by running the very close together and then left me the last 3 mos. of the year with no service. They say every 6 weeks but as a routine they come every 3-4 and use up all the services if you pay in advance to get a discount. On top of that they are in and out and don't really care about your lawn. It's a Walmart of the lawn world. I would have rather paid more and gotten better people that cared and did not run a billing scam like I experienced.

Factual basis uncertain

We are paying for the entire lawn to be serviced but they are only treating the front yard. We have a privacy fence with a rock in front of the gate only. They will not go to the backyard. They have charged us for the entire application and will not refund the money for the part of yard they didn't service. They said, "Well, it's too late now. We will not refund your money. We are sending this to Collections".

TruGreen Lawn Care

Kyle, we apologize if there is any discrepancy with the billing, we can understand how that is concerning for you. I see that you called to cancel the program on 8/18. The service was completed 7/22. The automated trudy call was provided the day before the application was completed and I was unable to locate a call in afterwards requesting that the service not be completed. Had anyone reviewed with you our TruGreen guarantee which states we will retreat at no additional charge in between regular visits if you contact us about your concerns?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED! I hired them specifically for treating webworms and powdery mildew. They said they could control. After preparing for first year I still had same webworm issue. They said treatment started too late. I prepaid another year. No better. Then they treated again without me knowing and sent me bill. I refused to pay and said they would refund. They sent to collections and would not reverse.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2017

My customer service rep called within minutes of receiving a response here from TruGreen. She apologized profusely and offered to waive the fee for the first two applications of 2017, and also assured me that she had checked into it, and that the previous tech assigned to me is no longer with the company, so I will be starting fresh with a new tech. She emailed me her contact information and encouraged me to contact her directly if there are any additional issues. Knowing how she took care of me last year, I feel confident that any future issues that may occur will be resolved and look forward to continued service with TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Hello Kayla, I am the social media coordinator for the corporate office. We are sorry to see that you have had a less than satisfactory experience. As our services automatically renew from year to year, we do not want for you to transition into next year with such concerns. If you could please compose a private message with your address and customer # I can make the branch aware of your issue and request a new specialist just in case that is the cause of your dismay...allowing the matter to be researched more in depth

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I purchased TruGreen services for my husband's Father's Day gift. The first time they were supposed to come out, they didn't. I called customer service, and they had someone come out a couple days later, a tech who explained that the previous tech was known for saying he completed jobs that he didn't. A couple months into our contract, my husband was out of work from an injury so I called to cancel our service. Customer service graciously offered to waive our treatment fees for the last two treatments of the year, which was definitely above & beyond my expectations... However, they did not come out for the last treatment of the season after saying they would. Not sure if I'll be renewing our contract next year.

While I believe TruGreen is overall a good company, my limited experience has given me mixed feelings. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they didn't show up for 2 of 5 treatments this year. While customer service went above & beyond my expectations, the actual treatment itself was mediocre. The weeds in the front yard ARE mostly gone, but I think I'd prefer to pay a service that I can rely on to show up.

We had TruGreen for about six years for lawn and shrub maintenance. They did well in the beginning for a number of years. Last year they got paid $1080.28 and we ended up with a lawn full of weeds, crabgrass and large bald areas where we lost the grass to cinch bugs. We will no longer contract with them and feel that we have been screwed by them. When they come out to respond to a problem they had been just making one excuse after another. Our lawn is a source of embarrassment now in our neighborhood.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Profile