Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.84/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had tried, through the national TruGreen phone numbers, to see why no one had come to service my lawn for 6 weeks. I was finally given a schedule that wasn't cancelled (I had been cancelled six times). The local Topeka manager, Isaac **, came out, fertilized my lawn and sprayed my weeds. He even gave me his personal contact information in case I had future problems. He has a PhD in turf care and was very knowledgeable, using different kinds of weed killer for the specific weeds I had. He also did my third treatment, which included a slow-release fertilizer to keep from burning my grass. If it wasn't for him, I would have cancelled my future sprayings and asked for a refund. He is awesome, personable and a great asset for TruGreen!

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2020

This is a service report. Early 2019 I signed up with Trugreen for an annual service. In the beginning it was a nightmare with no exaggeration. I could tell that the staff was limited and every TRUGREEN Representative that came to my address didn't have any enthusiasm, (zero). Shawn changed my mind. He is a diamond in the rough. In fact, I wished Shawn could be cloned or duplicated and be spread over every office in the country. He has made me change my mind and approach and has given me the opportunity to trust Trugreen again. He's a trooper and goes beyond what is expected of him.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Stacey, thanks for your positive feedback! We appreciate you for being a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I have been a customer of TruGreen for many years & have always had a good experience. If a problem is spotted, all it takes is a phone call & they will come back & redo the job. I do not have to remember when I fertilized, go out & buy the materials for the job, rent a machine to spread it or any of the other things necessary to have a nice lawn. All I have to do is water it & mow it.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Betty, we appreciate your positive feedback! Thank you for being a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

We moved into our house about a year ago. We have never had a lawn like this so we wanted to keep it looking as nice as possible. We started with TruGreen Lawn Service and were very satisfied with the results. TruGreen then suggested their Mosquito Defense Service. We have a pool and four grandson, who are all susceptible to mosquito bites so we contracted for this service. We have been overwhelmed about how great this has been - not one bite all summer! Finally we recently had TruGreen to aerate our lawn. Again, our specialist took great care in finding our sprinklers before he started aerating. TruGreen Specialist are always polite and explain what they are going to do and what we should do after they leave. We will continue to use TruGreen for our lawn services.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I am very pleased with my TruGreen lawn service mainly because of the specialist that takes care of my lawn. His name is Fabio ** and he does a terrific job. He takes extra special care of my lawn and always explains to me what he has done. The only complaint I have about TruGreen is the management or should I say lack of management at the local main office. I have never been able to communicate with them so as long as I can deal solely with Fabio I am happy. If I am forced to deal with the local office I will probably cancel my account as I have done in the past.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Signed up for perimeter pest service last year. Never signed up for this year yet they came out and sprayed and sent me a $107 + bill for something I never requested. (I decided not to sign up this year because of my dogs.) I called TruGreen right after they came out 2 a month ago (saw the sign on the property) and told them I didn't sign up for the service this year and was not paying for it. The rep said he would go ahead and cancel the billing. So every week now I get calls from TruGreen for payment.

Just spoke with "Danny" at TruGreen and told him what was going on and he said their records show the service had been canceled some time ago. So he sends me an email today (at my request) saying all services have been canceled "effective as of today" - WTH? I'm not paying ANY bill from TruGreen since I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR SERVICE THIS YEAR!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I hired TG back in April 2020 and it was my first time hiring a service, BIG mistake...I agreed to pay monthly and it was in writing too. They charged my credit card full price and not monthly like agreed. From April til July they were supposed to apply 4 times and they only came twice. My grass was even worse after they applied whatever they applied. The first time they came they were gone in less than 10 mins and I have a lot of grass area to cover. The kid just went back and forth really fast and leaving lots of areas untouched. The second guy came and he took his time but the odor was so unbearable I had to close windows. He said it's because the stuff was sitting in storage for a while. Too much info sometimes isn't a good thing.

The third guy came after I called about all the weeds we still have and he said it's because they missed 2 applications out of 4. We had a ton of some type of weed (not sure of type) and the third guy said he doesn't have enough stuff to spray them. What company doesn't carry enough supplies to cover the call. That was the reason he showed up, to apply it. They knew why they were coming. I called to cancel service and the Rep says she'll refund the remainder minus the 2 of 7 applications. I told her no, I want a full refund because nothing was done/killed and I never agreed on a full payment. She said she'll put in my request and I said again, no I want the full refund now because I never approved the charge.

After telling her I'm filing a complaint with my credit card company they immediately refunded the full price, almost $400. Whatever they applied my lawn is worse and now we have a ton of mushrooms that we never had and tons and tons of weeds. I requested for supervisor to call and never did. Horrible service and will never ever use any company again. I've always done the treatments myself but this year I wanted a break. My grass looked great when I did it but it was a lot of work, it's not just apply and walk away. Gotta make sure you don't over do it or the grass can burn. So point of review, Horrible CS, Horrible Chemicals used and lots of Neg reviews online and a few told to me in person. I'll do my best to post this anywhere and everywhere to avoid others from being ripped off by TruGreen service. SHAME ON YOU TRUGREEN, SHAME....

Original review: July 29, 2020

Started my service in June 2020. Good results. July 16, 2020 A tech came out to service my lawn and he over sprayed it with weed killer. He killed my good grass and had lime green stripes going across my front yard. I already had a nice lawn, but with my husband working 10 hours a week, so I thought I would give him a break from lawn care. Tru Green killed my St Augustine grass in my back yard, the sides of my house and behind my fence. My back yard look like it had been burned.

When the tech was fertilizing my yard he was running behind the spreader and I had to bring to his attention that he had missed some areas. After I noticed my grass was dying, it took five phone calls to get a supervisor out here, and I never got a call back, he just showed on Saturday morning without calling. He admitted the yard was over sprayed and that he would back the following Monday to correct it. NEVER showed up. Wednesday I called and was so frustrated, I closed my account but insisted my lawn be repaired but to no avail. Will never use them again nor recommend them. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Original review: July 23, 2020

TruGreen Lawn Care has failed to live up to the promise it made to me when I hired this company and paid a year in advance. I was assured a lush/full lawn free of crabgrass in a couple of months. The company has been servicing my lawn for 10 months and my lawn looks a lot worse than when we started. I now have a lot of weeds in my backyard and quite a few bare spots. My front yard (my main concern) have very large bare spots. I am ashamed of the front of my house and I have been calling TruGreen every other month complaining of the lack of progress. I have wasted my money by hiring TruGreen and I wish there was a way to get my money back.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Service is as many others say-terrible. Calls not returned, complaints not addressed. Don’t get sucked in. Get, whatever services you need, elsewhere. I cancelled account and hopefully they will follow up with the request.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information