TruGreen Lawn Care

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About TruGreen Lawn Care

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options
Cons
  • Won’t fit every budget

Featured Reviews

Verified
Griffin, GA

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made ...

Verified
Topeka, KS

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yar...

Banner image

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 6%
  • 4%
  • 3%
  • 83%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?
    Profile pic of the author.
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Sorry folks... Tried TruGreen for a year... Worst my lawn looked in 14 years here in the South.. Have no idea what they were putting down for 12 months but I ended up with nothing but crabgrass and weeds.. Took over my own lawn care this spring and in 2 months it's beautiful... They are a waste of time and money.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 9, 2024

I signed up with Trugreen to get sprayed for mosquitoes and gnats because we were having an event, gender reveal, and they made big promises that they would be able to be here in a quick hurry and sent us a text, said where they were at which was less than 15 minutes away and they would be here soon and this was about 1:30 - 2 o’clock in the afternoon and then just boom all of a sudden said, "Your appointment is canceled" and this was Friday so there was nothing. I called them and they said, "We have somebody out there today and get it taken care of." Well 5 o’clock came, nobody was there and I knew that after 5 o’clock nobody would be there and I was right!

And I called three times to make sure I was not getting billed because I knew they had my card number and it took three times to take my card number off their account and they offered me a free service. OK turn down free?? Well, lol free is usually That service that you get that looks like they did something, but it doesn’t really work. Yup that was what it was for me, still mosquitoes And gnats galore Attacking us in the yard!! And my salesman who left me his card and I contacted after my appointment was canceled. Have heard from him. He hasn’t called to check on me and if I got taken care of or how my service went, they don’t follow through and their service doesn’t work.

Resolution In Progress

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Probably one of the worst companies I dealt with. I thought Weed Man was bad but TruGreen is the worst. We have more weeds on our grass this year that we have TruGreen. I’m sorry, but I’ll never use you again again.

Resolution In Progress
      Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed July 8, 2024

I hired them to get my yard looking good and to get rid of the weeds because in September is mine and my husband 15th year anniversary and we bought our house almost 2 years ago so I wanted the front and back yard to look nice and it’s been almost four months and the weeds look better than any thing, Stop and I have cameras all over my house I have seen him sitting in his truck doing nothing besides getting out to but the thing on the yard and the thing on the door, I call corporate cancel my service.

Then I get a phone call tell me oh please let me get a senior manager out to talk to you. No one comes or calls, then I get a ton of phone calls cause I shut my card down and they want to bill me for a upcoming service. Nope, then a guy comes to my door for a mid service check up. I was like what. I tell him everything and he was like yea this looks bad, tells me he’s going back to his boss. I tell getting a ton of phone calls. I call I want a big boss no one what’s to talk! Everyone what’s to pass it to the next person and no one wants to talk to me but everyone wants my money! Well you're not getting my money and if I was anyone else I would hire some one else cause this place is a joke!!

Reviewed July 6, 2024

Tru Green did my neighbor's yard and broke all my sprinkler heads. I have spoken to at least 20 different people that say they will pay for them, it has been since April, no check. I believe they are a dishonest company. The check is always in the mail but never arrives.

PriceProcess

Reviewed July 4, 2024

I had an annual plan. A major storm destroyed my lawn, so TruGreen could not service me until next season. TruGreen would not give any credit for next season or refund anything. When experiencing the devastating process of recovery from a storm, the last thing I wanted was the cold-hearted treatment and lack of understanding from TruGreen. I would never, ever use TruGreen and I recommend that nobody in their right mind would consider them. Their stupid decision subsequently cost them thousands of dollars in my business.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

A minus minus minus 0 rating. STAY AWAY! All these bad reviews are TRUE. They charged me for a service I was never told or asked about, they put my credit card through for $77 after I told them I wasn't told of this service. Refunded it as an “unauthorized charge,” after very 1st service my 2 yr old sod with an irrigation system has big brown dead spots. I paid that same fee the day before my scheduled guaranteed service as I really wanted my lawn taken care of! I wait 3 days for “guarantee" service, I wait 4 hrs, tracking the TruGreen truck, which sat in one spot almost 2 hrs. I took pics of it as it struck me odd.

He comes close to the end of the time window, pulls over about 4 streets to the back and right of my house. I live on the corner of my street so not hard to find. I have 5 cameras, a Ring app, a clear glass door. I’m in my driveway (the house also has the same five numbers for an address, it catches everyone’s attention). No one shows yet I get a Your free service is complete! Never was there! LIAR!!!! Yet filled out the 5 same numbers address on my service form. I’m livid. A Tina tells me there was no lie, the wrong lawn was done. Tells me my lawn has C to get brown before it greens up. I have a beautiful thick green lawn, and Miss Tina says (long snarky drawl) “with all due respect ma’am…if your lawn was so wonderful why did leave that company?”

She asked 3 times and I told her none of her business and what does that have to do with your crappy company. She starts rambling, I’m getting nowhere with her so I hang up. I want my $77 back, refunded to my card for your horrible lack of service, out an out lies, theft of services against me, rude snotty employees. I have hours to write reviews, BBB, maybe the news that hear that does stories on people screwed over by businesses.

Reviewed July 2, 2024

This is the worst customer service from a company I have ever had. They don't have supervisors you can speak to. I bought a year plan for TruGreen to spray my yard every 6-8 weeks in July. They did not show for 4 full months and there was no correspondence whatsoever. They not only did not show, but they also gave me a bill in May. I have organic fruit trees that I asked for them to stay away from. Time after time the grass/weeds under the trees were sprayed. This was very frustrating! My plan was to go until July. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with no supervisor ever calling me back.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPrice

Reviewed July 2, 2024

WOW! I am so grateful to those who shared reviews about this company. Something didn’t sit right with me when I started receiving a call every 15 mins while at work as well as someone showing up at my door uninvited! They quoted different prices and even hung up on me when I didn’t want to prepay a random stranger through a text (Tony **) without a contract explaining the services that would be provided. You people must think we are all fools but, alas some are highly educated and refuse to be manipulated by your underhanded selling techniques. For anyone considering doing business with this company BEWARE!

Customer Service

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Prepaid for full year of service in January 2024. Received 1 service even though text messages from their automated system indicate they were at my property 3 separate times. They didn't show up- didn't leave a small flag in the yard, didn't leave a bill/paper on the door, no one showed up in the yard via outdoor camera, dogs did not bark even though they bark at everything. On the phone for hours with 3 separate people trying to get reimbursed for prepaid amount less 1 service that they actually showed up for. Truly one of the most aggravating experiences I've ever had with a comparable service.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information