3.29/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Did not call - showed up and ask if we would consider letting them spray the trees etc. Pointed out your company repairs sprinklers, I had three heads not working correctly. Just a heads up they are now working the yard parson was also noting mowed too short - mower was set at 3 1/2 inches - still need the thistles sprayed. Had them for three years now!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Ronald, we appreciate your feedback; we will be sure to forward to the right teams! We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

When I had my spreading of lime done it was for a section of my front yard and was done very well. It took six tons of lime and the worker did a great job of putting it down. I asked for another quote for a section of old pasture and was quoted about a dollar more per bag spread for the job. That will take about 400 bags of lime making it an added 400 dollars more over the original cost and that is for a bigger job. I called back about the quote and told them about the math and they said they would get back in touch and that has been weeks ago and no contact. I guess when you buy more the price per unit spread goes up which to me is a little odd. It should stay the same or come down with larger amounts.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Steven. Thank you for your positive and honest review. Customer feedback is what makes us a better company. If there is anything else we can help you with, please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look. Thanks for choosing TruGreen!

Original review: May 29, 2019

I started with TruGreen in late August of 2018. I hired them because there were many in the neighborhood that were using them and I've seen them all over town. The biggest influence was that they are endorsed by the PGA. That speaks volumes. I put new sod in my backyard that cost a few thousand dollars. I didn't want weeds, etc. to overtake this brand new grass, so I thought that if TruGreen did a good job on the back, I would hire them at the beginning 2019 in order to do my entire yard. They did great on the sod with the fertilization and pests that burrow in it. I was so impressed with what they did in the back that I did start them on the front in January of 2019.

I also hired them to do my trees & shrubs and then later fire ants and the mosquito defense. I can't tell you how nice it is to have someone come by once a month to take care of basically everything that I need. They do everything but mowing, edging and trimming! I've had them put in sod plugs in the front where they killed huge sections of weeds. No worries! They said they'd get my yard looking great and they did. You can clearly see the difference between my yard and my neighbors yard. Mine is now green and healthy, thick and full. Weeds Be Gone! I don't have pesky mosquitoes anymore and fire ants are under control.

If you have issues, they come out on free complimentary visits to take care what they missed. I don't understand the complaints on these guys because they do more than ever to make things right. They are worth the cost. Don't let that get in the way of what they provide. I have no regrets. Keep up the great work TruGreen! #averyhappycustomer

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Thank you for this kind review Barbara! We're happy to hear we could go above and beyond your expectations. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Application was good, but still have creeping Charlie where I requested special attention near to the neigbor's lawn that is also your customer! There is also creeping Charlie by the utility pole by the driveway, another area I requested special attention to, as it never seems to get cared for. The lawn is lush green and looking great with all the rain we are getting! Thank you. Pauline

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Pauline, thank you for your kind review on your recent experience with our services. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. If this is still an issue please feel free to give us a call or tell your specialist and they can give that area more attention. Thank you.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I have had numerous problems in renewing my lawn treatment this year. As well as problems in the past. It concerned the billing and account numbers and notifications of upcoming service. It took numerous calls to get it straightened out, but did get the old account number removed from my account on the web and finally got the pricing corrected. It took much effort and I was going to drop my service not knowing what technician I would have this year. I wanted the one I have had in recent years which was ERIC **. When I found out that I would be getting Eric I decided to stay with the service. It is because of Eric and his outstanding service and concern for a customer I remain with TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Tony, we apologize for any frustration you have incurred from our services in the past. However, we are thrilled to hear that our technician is able to provide you with excellent service. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know in a private message.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Signed up for text notifications of service date. Was not notified of a service date. Leaves all over grass. I work 12 hour shifts. Got home at 830pm to a note that service was done and I should water my grass. They fertilized leaves. When I called to say I was not notified of service date was told they apologize for that but would still have to charge me for service. Needless to say I paid 49.95 for a service date I did not approve and to have fallen leaves fertilized. I cannot even believe the lawn tech would have attempted to service my lawn on this date with the leaves all over. Awful service awful customer service!!! Very poor customer service. Cancelled the service and I will use a different service in the spring.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Susan, we want you to have an awesome experience with our service, and we’re sorry it didn’t happen this time. We would love to get this resolved for you! Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can review this further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Updated on 12/04/2019: Talked to customers service and they said, "We know about the unprofessionalism," but did I receive a flag and a write up ticket about what services they provided. This is a disgrace after they (TruGreen) from the response I told the Consumer Affairs told me to call their customers service number and they will take care of it. Another lie, they now have no records of any complaints. No mention of returning my money for the year 2019. They take the money and run.

Original Review: I personally watched and recorded TruGreen worker did not even do the whole yard nor treat shrubs as paid for. I watch them sit in their vehicle and write out a receipt lying about what they did. Called supervisor and nobody comes out to investigate. This happened in Columbia South Carolina TruGreen Service, they know they're cheating customers because they believe nobody is home, but cameras don't lie. They cover for one another and I quit using their services.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Fabian, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com, and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

TruGreen is a terrible lawn care company. Prior to using them, I had a very green lawn that looked great. Then when my work schedule got too busy, I paid TruGreen to fertilize, apply weedkiller, etc. Well, after two months of it, they destroyed my entire yard because they mistakenly applied the weedkiller that they apply to rocks to the entire lawn instead of the lawn weedkiller. I had to talk to several people until they finally acknowledged it and said they would try to make it right and apologized for covering it up. Next, while trying to fix it, they broke my fence, broke two sprinklers, and never could get it fixed, so my lawn looked terrible for the rest of the year.

In the spring of the next year, I had to call back again and beg them to come back out to fix their screw-up, and they said they would come out to aerate the lawn, and they came out, but only partially aerated the front, broke another sprinkler, chipped my brick, and didn't even go in the back. Then they said they were going apply a double dose of fertilizer but then said it was something else they use for trees and would have to come back. They did come back and applied something as I was getting home and I kicked them off my property.

A week later, the area that they applied whatever it was had mostly died. At that point I fired them, sent a nasty letter to them. Next, I applied revive and Scotts fertilizer myself, then some extra grass seed, extra nutrients, and within two months, I had my lawn back to looking beautiful again. To get someone in the local branch here is a pain because their local number is forwarded to a call center staffed with incompetent call takers whose only job is to run interference so you can't talk to anyone local or any managers. I finally drove down to the local branch and talked to the General Manager, and he ended up to not care and clearly showed that he didn't care about customer service and was only there for the paycheck.

TruGreen is a terrible company who cannot be trusted, has incompetent staff, lies to you even when you have surveillance video footage of what they did, tries to cover up mistakes, and uses a terrible mixture of whatever poisonous solution they put on the lawn. Also after talking to several TruGreen people and asking why professional golf courses that they take care of look so great, I was told that for the professional service, they use a much better liquid and sometimes even use Scotts fertilizer to make sure it greens up. Terrible that we as consumers have to get terrible service. Don't use these folks ever!!!!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Brian, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the right teams to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can get this taken care of!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

These guys do your whole yard in 5-10 minutes. They do not take the time to do the job right and most often all I have been getting is fertilizer, and that’s it. After having TruGreen for a year, I have not seen any improvement in my lawn's health. I will not be using trugreen in the future and do not recommend them.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Dean, we are sorry to hear our services didn't meet your expectations. We would love to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to us at customercare@trugreenmail.com, and we will have our team review this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I started services in MD to try them out because I received a lot of advertisements in the mail. They came out the first time and did an analysis on my lawn and from there came out again to start the services which included the first treatment of fertilizer which was good. The next time I was supposed to receive services I got a text saying services was complete. I was home all day and also monitored my home security cameras and no specialists ever came to my home and completed any services but submitted to the company that he did.

Then I was supposed to receive aeration and seeding but it kept getting postponed and when the specialist finally came out to do the services he rushed through it and didn’t complete my whole front lawn and didn’t even aerate none of my back yard. The specialist also did no overseeding. I received a bill of $234 for this which I was never told of when I started the account. I was only advised that I would make prepayments of $59.99 so I called customer service and they were sarcastic stating “sorry you didn’t ask”. I cancelled my service immediate.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi James, we appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We will follow up with the right teams to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Please email us at customercare@trugreenmail.com with your account information so that we can get this taken care of!

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information