Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Good day Matt,
Thank you for your positive review; it is greatly appreciated.
Have a great day.

Brian N.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I'm not always there when my lawn service is done, but when I am I'm always impressed by the knowledge of my specialist regarding the seasonal weeds in my lawn, what they are doing to eradicate them, and other health issues my lawn might be experiencing, i.e., fungus or brown patches. They are always hustling to service my lawn, but very thorough. I don't see anyone cutting corners. They are always eager to engage me and answer my questions, very friendly, professional and courteous. They are quick to recommend other treatment solutions. I also appreciate the calls in advance to notify me when my specialist will be coming.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Thank you for your long time loyalty! We are proud to know that our partnership has benefited you in multiple ways.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

We've been using TruGreen service for about 20 years & our lawn stays healthy & happy... It covers 1/3 of an acre & I tried doing lawn care myself but found it was costing me more & was less effective.

TruGreen Lawn Care

Thank you for taking the time to review your services and are so pleased to know that the services have exceeded your expectations!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

The technicians that have serviced my property are very professional and courteous. They do an extremely good job of caring for my large lot. If I ask them to do a certain area that I think might be missed. They have no problem caring for it. I've been fortunate to get the same two men and they give the 110% satisfaction. The quality of my lawn after using TruGreen for several years is astounding! I wouldn't use any other fertilizer application service competitor because I'm absolutely satisfied with TruGreen.

I was having a problem with crabgrass in my lawn. My local customer service agent, Christina, was able to describe to me why I was getting the crabgrass, what could be done to treat it (the free service return) and how to re-seed those areas. She scheduled for the tech to come out. Rob was on time, walked the yard with me, treated the lawn and took care of my problem. I was considering leaving TruGreen, but these two saved the account.

I am very happy with the TruGreen service that I received this season. I have gotten nice comments from my neighbors about my lawn. I really like the automated calls to my cell letting know when my service person is coming.

I have TruGreen to do my lawn care, mosquito control and just recently tree and shrub care. All the the people they send to my house are very friendly and knowledgeable about the company and their job. I have recommended TruGreen to my friends and family. Especially the mosquito control!! I can now enjoy my backyard deck all summer long without being bit my mosquitoes.

The quality of our lawn has dramatically improved in the past year because of TruGreen's help. Our weeds and alien grass types are gone now for a nice harmony to the Bermuda. The specialist seems to come when we are not home so we have never met or talked to him/her. As to value, the annual cost between $400-500 was a bit steep for us retirees but the results have been satisfying.

My yard really looks good. It saves me time in purchasing fertilizer and then applying it. I don't have any weeds in my yard and I get a lot of compliments as to how my yard looks. It's also easy to maintain which gives me time to do other fun things.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Appearance of the lawn has been great all summer. The treatment specialist arrived as scheduled, rang the doorbell, and was courteous and friendly. She proceeded to apply the treatment needed at this particular time. Service was excellent. Statement was left at the front door. All went well.

Specialist was great. We still have some spots in our lawn. I hope they try and fix. Most of the lawn still looks nice. How is the best way to get rid of the spots. It would be nice if the spots are removed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

They have always been prompt and yard looks much better. I have had several conversations with company personnel and service technician and all have been very easy to talk to and work with on issues. Would recommend company. They always call before coming to let us know what day of service.

TruGreen is the best. Highly recommended. The staff is well trained and communicates well. I have shown my lawn to my neighbors and they are impressed. "How did you do it??" I didn't. TruGreen did it all and at a reasonable price.

Best looking lawn in my neighborhood. I have been a TruGreen customers for a lot of years. TruGreen and I make a good partnership in the lawn business. Anytime I've an issue with weeds or tech I can just call. The operator understand my issue and help to resolve immediately.

My most recent experience with TruGreen's lawn treatment specialist, was a good one. My lawn is green and almost weed free. There are some weeds in my backyard. The lawn specialist is very friendly and professional. He offers a variety of lawn care recommendations to promote a quality lawn. He has come on Saturday once for a callback service, because of the weeds in my backyard. I was not aware that TruGreen provided weekend service. He is always pleasant, focused, and provides good pointers to promote a healthy lawn. I like the idea of the free retreat service. My specialist appears to treat my entire yard. I have had previous TruGreen specialist to only treat the front yard, not being aware that I was at home watching from the window. I am glad to have a professional Specialist presently!

The TruGreen specialist showed up when I just finished mowing my lawn. He was there to provide Tree and Shrub service. We had a nice chat and discussed what he would do and what I should do after he completed the service. The specialist did not know the scope of what he was to do to my trees and shrubs so we discussed that. Either no one filled him in on the scope of work or he did not do his homework. He did his job and left. I should say that my trees and shrubs have never looked better except for my birch clump that the Japanese beetles nearly defoliated. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the service.

I have noticed that the lawn remains in the same condition since taking over my previous provider. I like the service advice left in my door when the service is completed. It is convenient for me to pay in advance to avoid late payments and the time to write out checks. Thanks for the special service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was on vacation when TruGreen serviced my lawn. I didn't need to be home to be guaranteed good service. I always get great service. My service technician Chad ** always knows what needs to be done to my lawn and he does the job as if I was watching over his shoulders. My lawn is always the best looking lawn on my street. TruGreen calls me to schedule my service & if I can't take the call they leave me a message telling me when I can expect them to arrive. I get more than my money's worth in the quality of work performed and the confidence I have in TruGreen and my service specialist Chad ** and a lawn I can be proud of.

Each service is done and explained to us as to what service was provided and what we can expect. We are pleased with the results and don't have to figure it out ourselves. This is good since we are not competent to figure it out on our own!

Great service from an excellent technician who was servicing my lawn for Scotts Lawn Service before TruGreen bought them. Because of his care, my lawn is a deeper green and thicker than my neighbors' lawns. The difference is quite noticeable.

I am a homeowner and have used TruGreen for over 6 years. They have always been on time with their services. My technician is very thoughtful. He always remember to close my gates so that my pets (dog) will not be able to go out into the street.

TruGreen is very efficient and prompt. They call and let us know when they will be at my house and then follow up and are there like they said. They always leave a note about what they observed and what they did to address the issue.

The technician is very good and is attempting to manage one particularly virulent weed infestation. His treatments definitely help but it will probably take numerous treatments for this particular weed as they seem to be coming back. Still a good job and he is trying hard to keep them under control.

Our specialist is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, and I appreciate the lead time I get prior to their coming. Our lawns look better each year. We have significant problems with crabgrass but he is working on in, Rome wasn't built in a day. The mosquito problem has been so significantly impacted that spending evenings outdoors has become a benefit that we haven't been able to enjoy for a very long time. If only he could do something about the smoke from the forest fires. I'm sure TruGreen could do a better job of forest management than the government is doing.

My lawn looks great even with the current hard climate times in Nebraska. They've always been on time as scheduled per the text I receive in advance. I can't remember the last time they had to reschedule other than for weather. The guys are always nice and friendly when we're home to talk with them. I have to admit I did shop around a few years back when I wasn't getting the service that I've grown accustomed to and found the value for the money spent is excellent with TruGreen. I have recommended TruGreen to all of my neighbors and a lot of my friends and business associates.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The field specialist did good job and solve my problem. May be due to the rain, I saw a lot flying bug hovering over my lawn during the night time and many nut grass and spurge pop up around one side of yard.

I have used TruGreen for several years now, and have found them to be very caring about the quality of their work. Of course there have been problems along the way, but they have been very helpful about getting them corrected.. I have found that if you can be home when they arrive for the application, they are very considerate, listen to your request, and work with you to get it taken care of.. They truly do want you to have a good experience. They understand they need you as much as you need them...

The fact that the specialist tries to speak to me if I am at home is a great feature. Doug ** is very knowledgeable and has explained what he is treating and how the lawn is doing. He also answers any specific questions I might have about any apparent problems.

TruGreen guarantees that grass will grow but does not deliver this at all. No grass grew in my dead spots, nor did TruGreen even seem concerned with as to why and did not customize a program for such dead spots. They only rush through the appointments, applying the very same treatment on all lawns regardless of individual needs. No one at TruGreen asked to speak with me about my poor experience, which I clearly stated to the customer service representatives several times when I called to complain and ultimately cancel the service, nor did anyone at TruGreen come to my home and evaluate the failure of the business to deliver on the promise to grow grass. TruGreen guarantees grass will grow but does not back this guarantee up with action, or even with interest, when grass does not grow as guaranteed.

I have had TruGreen 2 years. The first year was fabulous and this year is awful. My grass is half dead and full of grubs which they sprayed for. The skunks have made holes everywhere. I called and was told that they spray so the grubs will not eat the grass. Not for the skunks who eat the grubs. I was upset with this answer. I terminated the service. Now I have dead grass full of weeds (which they said they sprayed for too) and they will not answer my call. I will add pictures and this is after 2 years of service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This service made my grass look new again! It seemed to stay nice and green all summer long even with the dry weather we had. My specialist (Jordan) was great! Always with a smile and ready to answer any and all questions I had. I always received notice when my application was to be done and Jordan is always there when expected. I enjoyed seeing my yard green and healthy looking all summer long and the value of this was a bargain! This was my first year of having my yard handled by experts and the early savings deal made it even better!

I have multiple services with TruGreen. This includes Mosquito protection, shrubs and trees and lawn protection. They have made my lawn healthy and made it one that is enviable by the neighbors. The Mosquito protection has worked amazingly. The shrubs and trees have escaped destruction based on their application of product to them over the past 2 years. This is our 2nd full year with TruGreen and could not be happier with the results. I would recommend them to anyone especially those getting older (like me) and have better things to do than worry about a healthy yard. TruGreen does that for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Several years of treatments are paying off. Rep is always friendly and conscientious and open to questions and concerns. We're trying to get the house and yard ready for resale in 2023, and TruGreen is a big part of this effort.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had TruGreen take of my lawn for over five years and I am very pleased with the looks and the texture when I walk bare foot. I have had comments from people passing by saying how beautiful and green it is. I say to them, "It's TruGreen's magic hands."

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Profile