4.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 22, 2017

3780 TruGreen Lawn Care Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We have been very pleased with TruGreen service. The technician is professional and courteous. We also love the guarantee and the way the company backs up their claim. Our lawn is important to us and our neighbors. Most of us use TruGreen!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

In short, when I moved into my home the front yard had barely any grass. Started Lawn service thru TruGreen and by the end of the summer I had a yard with thick green grass. Was very pleased with the service and the price.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The technician who made the application was very courteous and helpful. I was in the process of getting up leaves and he helped me get up the remainder so that the application would go down better. This was above and beyond the call of duty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The service was for our initial lawn treatment. The TruGreen specialist gave several recommendations for our lawn which we found useful. Service was as scheduled and the specialist listed exactly the services he did for our lawn including a lime treatment.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

We are pleased with their service. They do a great job and have done so for many years. They always ring the door before they start so that I can make sure that our dog is in the house. TruGreen Chemlawn is the only professional lawn care company that we have ever used.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

My lawn looks better now than when we bought the house. TruGreen has been our saving grace. Our lawn is greener and healthier because of their expertise and knowledge. They come out and treat the lawn, trees, shrubs and bushes. I always know when they are coming and they always leave a note to tell me what they did. Thank you TruGreen!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I've never been home when your specialist visits, so I can't comment based on personal observation. But they generally write personal comments on the invoice that they leave, which is appreciated. I only subscribe to tree and shrub service (no lawn service), and I believe it has helped because the trees and (most of) the shrubs are doing well.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Your fertilizer applications are timely and excellent. But, weed killer applications are inadequate and ineffective. At the end of six applications, we still have many weeds in the lawn. Your specialist is courteous and professional. We are quite satisfied with your service, except for the weed killer applications.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The TruGreen service has rid my yard of all weeds and has helped my lawn come in more green and with a fuller density. I would recommend the TruGreen service to anyone who wants a fuller, greener lawn, free of weeds.

Good day Michael,

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Lawn Service is always top shelf with friendly specialists. After every application I receive a detailed sheet noting any issues and what application was done to my lawn. I have had tremendous success using TruGreen and the ten percent savings for prepaying is an extra bonus.

Good day Paul,
Thank you for your positive review; it is greatly appreciated.
As a suggestion, perhaps you would like to login to www.trugreen.com and leave some FEEDBACK for your specialist - I am certain they would appreciate the kudos.

Brian N.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I am very happy with the TruGreen shrub and tree service. I can see a difference in my shrubs. Most importantly, though, is the difference in our dwarf Alberta spruce. We thought we were going to lose this little tree and TruGreen helped us save it. The lawn service is pretty good. Our lawn has serious issues and you helped, but it isn't where we want it to be. Some things are out of our control. I did not like the mosquito service and will not be renewing it next year. I don't think it made a difference at all. Maybe the bugs we have are not mosquitoes, not sure.

Good day Robyn,
Thank you for your review; it is greatly appreciated.
I do apologize that the MOSQUITO DEFENSE application did not address your concerns and that you will not be renewing for 2018.
Regarding the condition of your lawn, if there is anything else we can do to serve you, please feel free to contact us here at CORPORATE CUSTOMER CARE at 800.515.3380, or email me directly at briannichols@trugreenmail.com.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Job well done. Like the service like the results, it saves me time and energy. They call and lets me know when they are coming. I don't have be home when they come, and when they're done they leave markers from TruGreen letting me know they were there.

Good day LARRY,

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

TruGreen crew were well organized and prepared to execute the planned treatment that was scheduled for the day they arrived. They quickly preformed the operation and placed a sign on the lawn and attached the summary to the door. They then moved off to the next location.

Good day KENNETH,

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I was skeptical when I first signed up for the service, but our lawn looked so bad compared to our neighbors' lawns I had to do something. It was green, but when you looked closer it was actually a sea of clover and broad-leaf weeds, with some grass in between. We began to see a difference within a few weeks, with the weeds dying back allowing the grass to take hold. We just finished our second season with TruGreen, and our lawn never looked healthier. Just as importantly, the technicians are friendly and knowledgeable.

Good day Jamie,

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

In the beginning of our lawn care this year I was concerned that some of our lawn treatments were not being applied on good days, such as when rain was in the forecast. But my concerns turned out to be unfounded. Our yard now looks better and healthier than it ever has since we have lived at this residence. I don't know exactly what has been put on our grass, but it sure has made a world of difference.

Good day Barry,

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Since I have had TruGreen service my lawn looks so much better. The specialist who does the work provides quick and thorough results. I am very pleased with choosing TruGreen in caring for my lawn. I would highly recommend TruGreen to my friends and family.

Good day JOYCE,

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This is my first year with TruGreen. The technicians and customer service has always been very timely and responsive to my concerns and needs. I'm very particular about my lawn and it needed additional TLC this year due to insect and weather/seasonal damage. While I had to add additional services to accomplish my needs, I'm hoping to see the desired results next year. Scheduling service is very easy. Prices are fairly competitive. I finally know who my local reps are so I don't always have to call the 1800 number which helps tailor communication and needs to better service my lawn. Again, I'm hoping I'll see great improvements next spring/summer from the recommendations provided.

Good day Jen,
Thank you for your review; it is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

The TRUGREEN technician and I worked very well together, resulting in tremendous results with the lawn's condition and look during this past season. This technician takes a very personal approach to his clients accounts! I would recommend using TRUGREEN if they are available in your particular area.

Good day Bob,

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have been very satisfied with my lawn & shrub care since signing on with Tru Green. My lawn and shrubs look healthy! The technicians are friendly, helpful and professional. They take the time to answer all my questions and give valuable suggestions for keeping my lawn and shrubs looking good. Thank you, Tru Green!!!

Good morning ANN ,

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

TruGreen employs the nicest people, although I would caution some to avoid conversation around politics. Except in one case, which was rectified, the product application has been very well done. In fact, when visiting with the most recent technicians, I believe that weed preventative measures have improved. It has taken several years for our lawn (over 1 acre of actual lawn) to fully recover from the extensive drought our area experienced and there is little doubt that the service TruGreen has provided has aided significantly in accomplishing that goal.

Good day Skipper,

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Pleased with service. Helping control the weeds. Grass seems to be thriving. Specialists seem to care and are respectful. The company does what they say they will do. Always an appointment set and they are there. Never being billed twice for an application.

Good day Frank,

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My lawn is gorgeous, and my neighbor's constantly tell me. All the credit goes to TruGreen. I am so proud of my yard. I just wish my neighbors would get on board. It's not expensive at all, and the Beauty of your lawn... Breathtaking!!!

Good day Geraldine,

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The biggest improvement in my service was the result of a new tech to administer the service. He was friendly and informative. And another thing when he was in the neighborhood and not even scheduled to do my particular house he would always wave and shout out everything okay down your way. We are on a very fixed budget with me being retired and my wife a veteran with many health problems. You have kept your service at an affordable rate and that is a deciding factor in whether or not we continue the service. We love to have a beautiful lawn, but we also have thousands of dollars in medical bills so keeping the price right keeps us as a customer.

Good day Larry,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

My lawn Specialist Adam ** does a good job ensuring that I know when he is coming, making notes for me on what to do to the lawn, and leaving signs around all sides of the house to identify the grass has been treated.

Good day Cathy,
Thank you for your positive review; it is greatly appreciated.
As a suggestion, perhaps you would like to login to www.trugreen.com and leave some FEEDBACK for Adam - I am certain they would appreciate the kudos

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Service was prompt and efficient. We are residential customers and y'all have made our landscaping good looking and commendable. We are proud of our outside areas. Our service includes lawn and shrub care and regular programming. We are confident of the continuing results we can actually see.

Good day Clark,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have to say that after the beginning hurdle of appointment timing, the service was great and with great results. I had a pond in my backyard and the mosquito treatment did the job. The lawn looks great and the trees were treated nicely.

Good day Nancy,
Thank you for your positive review; it is greatly appreciated.
We are also certainly glad that the MOSQUITO DEFENSE application worked well for you.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

TruGreen has been my lawn service for about 3-4 years. I haven't had any problems with their service. Always go above and beyond to help my lawn needs. Only thing I didn't like was the continuous calls for ant or mosquito treatments. Other than that, everything was great!

Good day Kreg,
Thank you for your positive review; it is greatly appreciated.
Additionally, you have added to our DO NOT UPSELL queue.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Overall I am very satisfied with TruGreen. They are cost effective and friendly. I receive hassle-free retreats. I feel like my yard is in better shape now that I have them. I hired TruGreen based on a coworker's recommendation and while I’m not one to hire companies to do my work for me, I would say this is one of the few times it is totally worth it. At first I was skeptical, and even frustrated that I wasn’t receiving the most individualized attention. However looking back I am satisfied. I am saving money by having them do my weed control, fert, aeration and seed. Add to that the time and work they save me and it’s completely worth the money. I like them so much I hired them for my parents' house too.

Good day Rob,

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We are thrilled with the results from TruGreen since the conversion of two companies. We think the extra fee is worth it. The grass has been green this year due to all the rain. We feel the increase in cost has been worth it. Thank you for your hard work. We appreciate all year what you have done!

Good day Christine,

Brian N.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

A horticultural oil was applied to the tree and shrubs on our property to control scale as well as the eggs of some other insect and mite pests. It targets aphids, scale and spider mites. We have used this service for the past three years.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

We are pleased to see that the horticulture oil has consistently addressed your tree/shrub needs over the last 3 years. Thank you for entrusting us to care for them!

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information