Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)
BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS
  • Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options
CONS
  • Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: April 5, 2021

Matt ** was cutest, and efficient. When he arrived I needed to get my car out of the garage, he moved his truck so I can get out. He was respectful and did a good job with our treatment. I would recommend TruGreen and Matt to friends and neighbors.

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Everyone of the technicians who serviced my lawn or mosquito care always approach their job with utmost professionalism and with kindness. It has been a pleasure to talk and let them know if something is not done correctly. Thank you and at this time of the virus and continued efforts.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mary. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Trugreen to be your lawn and mosquito provider. We hope to continue to meet or exceed your expectations for the services. If we can be of any assistance please let us know.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had tried, through the national TruGreen phone numbers, to see why no one had come to service my lawn for 6 weeks. I was finally given a schedule that wasn't cancelled (I had been cancelled six times). The local Topeka manager, Isaac **, came out, fertilized my lawn and sprayed my weeds. He even gave me his personal contact information in case I had future problems. He has a PhD in turf care and was very knowledgeable, using different kinds of weed killer for the specific weeds I had. He also did my third treatment, which included a slow-release fertilizer to keep from burning my grass. If it wasn't for him, I would have cancelled my future sprayings and asked for a refund. He is awesome, personable and a great asset for TruGreen!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Becky. We appreciate your feedback and if we can be of any other assistance please let us know. Thank you for choosing Trugreen.

Original review: April 6, 2021

AVOID TRUGREEN. They told many things while signing up. Once you signup, they will never be reachable. They keep on change the schedule every day. And they changed 4 times and made me to wait for 4 days and still I am waiting. Their customer service number is never reachable. I tried to chat with online agent and it is too long wait and says 200 people ahead of me. By seeing so many odds with them, I would suggest you, if you want to save the lawn and your time AVOID TRUGREEN.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I'd give them a zero stars if I could. Terrible service. I used them for my lawn for a while, but started to see all kinds of weeds. I tried working with them for about a year to try and resolve the issue, calling every time and asking them to come out when there was a problem, but they didn't seem to care. They were not at all proactive about coming up with solutions. I feel like they just showed up, sprayed whatever they had on their truck and sent me a bill. They never diagnosed the problem. Our lawn was almost completely destroyed, even after we spent a small fortune re-sodding at one point. I finally fired them and hired another company, and within a few months, my lawn was weed free.

We also had a contract with TruGreen for their mosquito spray service at our second home. Twice they were scheduled to come spray and instead, said that our gate was locked so they didn't perform the service. Interesting, since we don't even have a gate. The first time it happened, I thought it was an honest mistake. When it happened a second time, I canceled my contract. I feel like the company is not honest and does not care about their customers.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 3, 2021

I had Trugreen years ago and I had to fire them when I lost half my front lawn to grubs, something that was commonly known of and easily preventable. They did not offer any concessions, compensation and not so much as an apology. CRAPPY CRAPPY...BTW that was in Georgia, now, living on the coast of NC and years later, they raise their old UGLY head once again. This time they keep sending their emails again and again and again, as I told them I am 70 with congestive heart failure but no matter how many times I call or hit their unsubscribe link, I GET NO RESULTS. Plain CRAPPY, CRAPPY, CRAPPY. Why would you use them????

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 24, 2021

I recently purchased a home in January, and the previous homeowners had used TruGreen lawn service. The previous homeowners have tried multiple times over the past few MONTHS to cancel TruGreen's service (as they no longer live in the home) and have been met with unclear and inadequate responses. This week, (now March) TruGreen showed up at my house while I was at work and treated my lawn. I have an extremely young puppy who I now can't bring outside in my own backyard.

I have been trying for two days to get in contact with my local branch but they cannot be bothered to answer the phone or call me back. TruGreen's customer service representatives at headquarters are no help, they spew the same "we are so sorry this is happening to you" line over and over again and then transfer you back to a line where you are told hold time is 2-3 hours and they will call you back (which they don't). TL;DR: This service is IMPOSSIBLE to cancel. The company does not care if you ordered the service or not. They will trespass on your property and then refuse to answer phone calls or own up to their mistakes, even if they put people and animals at risk.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: March 23, 2021

Had this beautiful tree for over 35 years. After Trugreen sprayed my shrubs and trees, this big beautiful tree died!! They never tried to reimburse me, or replace it or anything. They said it was my fault not theirs! What a crock of crap. I cancelled all my services with this crappy company. They are terrible! Don't waste your time and money with them. They will probably delete this review, so it doesn't make any difference anyway.

Original review: March 12, 2021

My service started out fine - lawn looked good. About 8 months in my front yard was skipped and only back yard was done. Signs were not put in both front and back as requested. Called to complain. Front yard done once. I called to cancel service at the end of my contract and was told I had two more visits left. They came out and my credit card was charged for those two visits! Afraid they'll keep charging me so cancelled my credit card. What a hassle that is! I will never recommend or use again. Right now, after a week of last service, my lawn looks very poor.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I used this company for 16 years. My lawn constantly had dirt, weeds and moss. Never any grass to speak of. I used to celebrate the weeds because at least I had something green in my yard. Seriously! After about 5 years I stopped complaining to the technicians as they HATED their company and always agreed with me that my lawn was horrible. The regional mngr (who changed almost annually) came out on occasion upon my countless and angry complaints and they would admit they were not proud of the work they had done. It would be impossible to take pride in my lawn as it was truly ugly (I have an irrigation system, I aerate and overseed my lawn annually, I have a regular yard maintenance crew).

The managers would often promise to take personal responsibility to get my lawn in shape, but as I said, they would get transferred or fired or for whatever reason would move on and I would have to start over. The time came where they just stopped taking calls at my local branch and I would have to complain to a call center which honestly couldn't care less and could do nothing about it anyway. I grew to hate this company. For some reason, I stayed with them year after year but finally 2 years ago I changed to a local spray company which immediately got my lawn in beautiful shape. I have been through two full years (extreme heat, extreme cold, periods of rain, periods of no rain etc.) and my lawn still looks great. The change happened right away after changing services. I am so angry at myself for putting that change off for so long.

I could elaborate more but I am not sure a reader would believe all the bad experiences I had with TruGreen. So, I will just leave it at this. If you think this company has some sort of magic formula or super technicians who will make your lawn the pride of the neighborhood, seriously, think again. It is not going to happen. The technicians (sprayers) NEVER stay a long time. They hate their job. And read Glass Door with comments from customer service employees who work there. I just did that and saw one employee repeat the general sentiment: "A never ending cycle of constant customer complaints." The complaints are ignored. I highly suggest you try a local company which understands your lawn in your part of the country. It is your hard earned money and you should spend it wisely. Learn from my mistake.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information