Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

TruGreen Lawn Care Video
TruGreen Lawn Care Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

PROS

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

CONS

• Won’t fit every budget

Top TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

TruGreen is an upscale lawn service company and it shows in the quality of their work (and) very knowledgeable lawn specialists. I'm really into curb appeal and TruGreen has made my lawn very attractive. I have received many compliments on my yard thanks to this company.

TruGreen has made a very positive impact on my yard. Prior to hiring TruGreen my yard was about 50% weeds and the grass was in terrible shape. After 1 1/2 years of TruGreen my yard is in very good condition and down to only about 1% weeds.

TruGreen Lawn Care services

TruGreen provides lawn maintenance services for personal and commercial clients. The company offers three base plans that include fertilization, weed control, aeration, overseeding and soil analysis services. They also provide lime soil amendments, tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services.

TruGreen locations

TruGreen's services are available in all 50 states, and you can find your local branch information or buy their plans and services directly on TruGreen's website.

TruGreen plans

TruGreen offers three major plans with services from soil analysis to fertilization. They can also provide amendments including lime soil, perform tree and shrub maintenance, and pest control services. Other plans and add-on services are available.

TruHealth Lawn Plan
The TruHealth Lawn Plan includes fertilization, insect control, weed control and soil amendments to ensure balanced nutrients are in place for a lush, green lawn. TruHealth includes eight application visits per year.
TruComplete Lawn Plan
TruGreen markets the TruComplete plan as their best value. You’ll get everything included in the TruHealth Lawn Plan, service visits every four-six weeks, and one aeration service.
TruSignature Lawn Plan
The most comprehensive plan offered by TruGreen is the TruSignature Plan, which includes all of the services in the plans above, plus tree and shrub care with four additional visits per year.
TruMaintenanceLawn Plan
TruGreen's fundamental plan exclusively focuses on fertilization and weed control and includes seven services per year. All plans come with TruGreen’s Healthy Lawn Guarantee, which means they’ll make adjustments to ensure your satisfied with the plan and their service.
TruGreen pest control options
TruGreen offers lawn pest control services to prevent and control the following pests:
  • Ticks
  • Spiders
  • Mosquitos
  • Grubs (beetle larvae)
TruGreen aeration services
Aeration is recommended to help lawns that are suffering from patches, puddles or thin covering. The process allows more water, oxygen and fertilizer to reach your lawn’s roots, resulting in a thicker, greener lawn. TruGreen specializes in aeration and includes the service in both the TruComplete and TruSignature plans.

TruGreen cost

TruGreen prices will vary depending on where you live and which services or plan you select. To get an idea of how much the services cost, we got an estimate for 5,000 sq ft lawn in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can see the prices quoted in the table below. TruGreen also offers PrePay discounts up to over $50 off your yearly cost.

PlanFirst applicationYearly cost
TruComplete Lawn Plan$29.95$777.6
TrueHealth Lawn Plan$29.95$568.6
TruMaintenance Lawn Plan$29.95$485.65
TruCare Mosquito Defense$39.95$464.70
Tree & Shrub Care$49.95$709.65
TruShield Tick and Flea Control$80.95$404.75

Is TruGreen worth it?

TruGreen’s collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to more in-depth pest control and lawn recovery services. If you can afford the monthly cost, we think TruGreen’s services and reputation in the industry are a good option for a great lawn.

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Everyone of the technicians who serviced my lawn or mosquito care always approach their job with utmost professionalism and with kindness. It has been a pleasure to talk and let them know if something is not done correctly. Thank you and at this time of the virus and continued efforts.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Mary. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Trugreen to be your lawn and mosquito provider. We hope to continue to meet or exceed your expectations for the services. If we can be of any assistance please let us know.

Get buying tips about Lawn Care Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I had tried, through the national TruGreen phone numbers, to see why no one had come to service my lawn for 6 weeks. I was finally given a schedule that wasn't cancelled (I had been cancelled six times). The local Topeka manager, Isaac **, came out, fertilized my lawn and sprayed my weeds. He even gave me his personal contact information in case I had future problems. He has a PhD in turf care and was very knowledgeable, using different kinds of weed killer for the specific weeds I had. He also did my third treatment, which included a slow-release fertilizer to keep from burning my grass. If it wasn't for him, I would have cancelled my future sprayings and asked for a refund. He is awesome, personable and a great asset for TruGreen!

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Becky. We appreciate your feedback and if we can be of any other assistance please let us know. Thank you for choosing Trugreen.

Original review: March 30, 2020

This is a service report. Early 2019 I signed up with Trugreen for an annual service. In the beginning it was a nightmare with no exaggeration. I could tell that the staff was limited and every TRUGREEN Representative that came to my address didn't have any enthusiasm, (zero). Shawn changed my mind. He is a diamond in the rough. In fact, I wished Shawn could be cloned or duplicated and be spread over every office in the country. He has made me change my mind and approach and has given me the opportunity to trust Trugreen again. He's a trooper and goes beyond what is expected of him.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Stacey, thanks for your positive feedback! We appreciate you for being a part of our TruGreen community.

Original review: March 15, 2020

Very happy with the care and performance of the lawn care workers. If I have special issues they are taken care of immediately. The workers are very friendly and caring about my lawn even suggesting additional care that can be taken.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Bill, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community!

Original review: March 14, 2020

Thomas has been your Rep with us for over a year & he ALWAYS does an excellent job for us. He explains every application & what we need to do to obtain the best results. Yes - I have recommended him to our neighbors and one of them now has TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care response

Hi Paul, thanks so much for the positive feedback. We're thrilled to have you as a part of our TruGreen Community!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I was so excited to find a service with a guarantee of not ONE mosquito bite. The salesperson guaranteed that this would work and shared some experiences of other customers and convinced me that it would work in our yard. Although I was skeptical, I figured that it was worth a try. We experienced mosquito bites after every application. We had re-applications, yet still were bitten by mosquitoes. At one point, we were told that a manager would view our yard and that never happened. When I called to cancel, I was told to give it another try.

Well, finally, I reached somebody who gave a small refund and told me that I would have to contact somebody else to get more of my money returned. She stated that there was a limit to what could be refunded. Although this service came with a money-back guarantee, I certainly did not get all of my money back and do not think that it should take multiple attempts. Don't let your desperation to be rid of mosquitoes convince you to sign up for this totally ineffective and costly service.

Theresa,
    Thank you for contacting us. We hope you are satisfied with the resolution that has been communicated via private message.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

This company has a rating of 1 1/2 stars out of 5. That is higher than I would rate this company. In October I received a call from a manager at TruGreen. They were running a special of $29.95 for the first application. Basically since it was so late in the growing season, the man said he would apply preemergence and then in the spring add other substance to get rid of weeds and make the lawn look green. I recently purchased this house and the lawn hadn't been taken care of well so I agreed for this one application. He said they would call a day before arriving since I had dogs and locked the gate.

I get this knock on the door saying he was here to treat the lawn--no advanced notice! I let him in and 4 minutes later he was in his truck. THEN I receive a bill for $88.66. Well, I don't know how you would handle this development but I paid the $29.95 as I agreed and called the company saying they deceived me, were wanting more than they offered and I would not pay for anything other than what I agreed to. I am still in dispute with this company so my advice to anyone considering TruGreen--BEWARE. They are not honest, do not do as they say. Please consider a more reputable lawn care service, one that does what they say they will do.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was being charged for people to come sit in their trucks. They withhold information. They take out money from your account and leave you with heavy overdraft fees even though you're supposed to be on a pay as you go instead of automatic payment. They charge you more than once. Don't let this company steal your money.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I asked for pest control in Sept. Was told not til spring. In Nov tunnels all over yard. I was finished with them. They confirmed that also. They knew it. I came home today with lime application I never ordered. I limed lawn already. One hand no idea what the other is doing. Corporate allowed a free pesticide because the man who came to talk to me about their service was wrong about no pesticide needed in Sept. Please I am very upset. I don't want them near my lawn. Total lack of communication.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I saw some brown spots on my lawn and so decided to start a TruGreen subscription. They convinced me to prepay for a year for a discount. I have seen their trucks several times out and about and so I had no reason to believe it was a scam. Well. Scam it is. The first time they said they were coming and then that they had been and sent me a detailed report of what work they had done. The timing was very precise: 12:37 I think it was. I work from home, in a gated community, with cameras everywhere. We also have three dogs who bark like crazy anytime someone sneezes within 3 miles of us.

Needless to say, the visit was a complete lie. I checked the back and front gate CCTV camera recordings an hour either side of their supposed "visit". Every entry and exit was a resident. There was no TruGreen truck. This would explain why I hadn't seen anyone pull up outside the house. I called them and they said they would arrange another service date. They were suitably apologetic so I relented and gave them another chance. This time they did show up and treated the lawn. The $60 or so service took about 10 minutes. Anyway, on to month 2 and I have just received yet another fake report of a visit (not sure if I can submit it here). It is the same story. This guy was a no show. However, if I didn't work from home, have cameras and dogs I wouldn't have known. Needless to say the web is full of stories like mine. Avoid this company. They are fraudsters.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information