3.8/5 (745 ratings)

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About TruGreen Lawn Care

TruGreen aims to give you a lawn you'll love. From turf to trees and shrubs, we have assembled a collection of scientists and local specialists who develop and tailor exactly the solution your lawn needs. We offer tailored science-based solutions to provide superior lawn results to give your lawn exactly what it needs at key points throughout the year. We back it all with our TruGreen Healthy Lawn Guarantee.

Pros

• Pest control services
  • Healthy Lawn Guarantee
  • Multiple plan options

Cons

• Won’t fit every budget

Bottom Line

TruGreen's collection of services covers the lawn care spectrum, providing options from simple maintenance to pest control and lawn recovery. If you can afford the monthly cost, TruGreen's services is a good option for you.

Banner image

Looking for lawn care?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

TruGreen Lawn Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruGreen Lawn Care?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I have used TruGreen for a couple of years for the mosquito and tree service. This past season the service has become awful. Sloppy work, knocking over things in my yard and just stepping over it and leaving. The final straw was September 6th when they were doing the mosquito service, the worker slammed my privacy fence gate so hard he broke it. I was home and heard it, went outside to check and sure enough the gate was broken, and the guy was gone.

I called customer service and let them know what happened and they said they would pass it on to a supervisor. I did receive a call back the next day and was told she was contacting and area supervisor and someone would be out. I heard nothing and called again Friday afternoon and was told they were emailing the area supervisor. Again, I have heard nothing. Called again today to be told they would cancel my service and forward my concerns to a general manager. In the meantime, I have a broken gate that I will have to pay to have repaired (my fence was replaced about 4 months ago, so it is not old) and to top it off it rained the afternoon of my mosquito treatment, and the mosquitos are worse than ever. It says in their advertisement if it rains, they will respray; yeah right! I would definitely steer clear of TruGreen, their services and customer service has definitely deteriorated. I would leave less than on star if I could.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

First the nonprofessional lawncare expert lied. He was doing aeration on the yard. My husband opened the back gate, told my husband that he could not get the machine thru the gate and he would return with a smaller one and finish the job - Lied. He never came back. I called and rescheduled, meaning he meant to leave it as such. I called customer service and had the remainder of the job on 9/7 between 1-4. On 9-7 around at 3:48 pm I received a text stating gate locked. Yes it is locked, I was waiting for him to come to unlock the gate. He did not ring the doorbell. I have a Ring security system and HE DID NOT COME. I called customer service. Asked to reschedule it or have the tech come out on 9/7, told by a rep, sorry too late. Was scheduled for today without offering me a time frame, it got booked for today from 1-6. I had travel plans today and asked that the time to be moved up to 8 am. Was told that they notified the manager.

This morning no change, called customer service and they have been reaching out to this non manager since 8 am this morning. I cancelled my travel plans to get this done today because I will be gone for a while. The tech lied and continue to lie and inconvenience me. I guess they don't care, they took the 331.00 immediately for a third of the job done, now I have to wait, so unfair and unprofessional for a company that so-call pride themselves on customer service.

The service I am getting sucks, no consideration for my time, only their time, paid for a service not fully done and I cannot speak to the manager because he is avoiding me like the plague. He will not call me to try to make this right? Who is going to compensate me for my inconvenience knowing I had plan to travel today? Nobody. They don't care, and especially this manager that allows a lazy tech to lie to a customer. Is this how you do business? If it is-I will be seeking out a reputable lawn care company, that cares about the customers, not give them the runaround for a huge mistake this nonprofessional lawn care expert and his manager sucks.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

This lawn service rep serviced sod before 30 days of installation which was discussed with sales and ruined my front yard by running n over my front yard with brand new sod. Company time to resolve takes too long.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

This was our first year to use TruGreen. They started treating our lawn in April. After the first couple of applications in April and May the lawn looked pretty good. This was a very hot and dry year in our part of the country. In June the chinch bugs set in. They treated our lawn in June and July for chinch bugs and used iron. Our lawn looked worse than ever. Weeds and chinch bugs taking over. In August they used sulphur on it. Our yard was mostly gone by this time. We were planning to cancel. They told us we needed to water 3 times a week. With water restrictions and the cost of water that wasn't possible. It started raining regularly in late August, but our yard is weeds and dead patches. I am not sure our yard will recover from the damage they did. Save your lawn and money. Avoid this company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I tried TruGreen for the first time subscribe to all their services and when I asked about having someone come and take a look at my lawn because it was not doing well they came said that they would apply more products but was not able to say the reason for the results I have I also sent a video Which never got answered of why my lawn died. On my last service they had added more for weeds and now at the end of the season I have more weeds and seems that whatever was put down to not keep the weeds under control or strengthen my lawn.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I've had Trugreen's service for over a year now, and my lawn problems are worse now than ever before. Cost is too high, Service is lackluster, and worse yet the product doesn't seem to work. Originally, I signed up to control Crabgrass and clover on my 1-acre property. Since signing up, they came and "fertilized" my lawn a couple of times, but always seem to have an excuse as to why they can't put down "weed killer". Recently, I lodged a complaint and got their guy to come out and do a "weed killer" treatment (which they want to charge me extra for, even though they should already be doing that as part of my plan), and after a week and a half (post-treatment), the weeds never died, and new weeds seem to be growing and popping up at the same rate as prior to treatment.

They say their product "takes time to work", and at first I was willing to buy that excuse. That being said, Scott's "Weed and Feed" works and tends to show results (especially in killing weeds) in 3 - 4 days. So why doesn't this supposedly "high-end" product and service seem to take months to work (if ever even does)? I started to suspect they were not putting weed treatment down.

I sat and discussed my issues with the serviceman before he sprayed, and then I watched him spray the lawn, so I know he did it this time. The serviceman also said he checked my account and the "weed killer" hadn't been used on my lawn in months (just the fertilizer has been applied). But the product is now down but NOT working. Not to mention every time they come out, they try to "upsell" another service (that likely won't work), and when you call them to say "hey come out, your last treatment didn't work..." they want to charge you AGAIN for another application. Which, if their product worked and was applied correctly, wouldn't even be necessary. I will be canceling their service immediately, as it is clearly a waste of my time and money. I highly suggest not going with this service if you have other options.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

On 8/8/22, I signed a contract with TruGreen and paid upfront with credit card for a total of 9 treatments & aeration. The first service was the aeration and seeding, during which aeration, the riding aerator broke down and is questionable that the full aeration of my lawn was completed. Subsequently, a week later, a service person came and did the fertilization of the lawn. It is unknown to anyone if he also was supposed to also do grub control. The technician spread the fertilizer so heavily at places that he burned my green grass in large areas.

A week later another technician came to apply the grub control, although he was not sure if this was applied already. This is the anarchy that exists at TruGreen. No one is in charge of the schedule or what has, or has not done before. When I called customer service to ask about the next service, the answer is "what do you want done?"

The last technician that came to apply the grub control, also saw the burned grass because of the excessive fertilizer applied and he was in agreement that this is a big mistake while shaking his head. He took several pictures to show back to the office the damage done by the application of excessive fertilizer with the promise that a supervisor/manager was going to call me within the next 48 hours. No such luck. The technician then left without applying the grab control with the promise he will return in 2 weeks to apply the grub control. I am appalled by the fact that as soon as he left, doing nothing, TruGreen notified me and put in my account that the application was completed. What application? Furthermore, I was promised by a previous representative that the day the last technician, I was to receive a phone call from a supervisor/manager between 1-2 PM to discuss my total dissatisfaction with TruGreen. I am still waiting.

I asked for a full refund of my paid price credited back to my credit card because none of the services performed were as contracted but instead, TruGreen close my account and no further services are scheduled. TruGreen are thieves and should be prosecuted. The aeration was not completed as promised because the equipment broke down and the fertilizer was applied so heavily at spots that it burned my grass. I want a recovery of this grass to its original state. I would like to know what happened to the pictures the last technician took? Furthermore, why doesn't a manager or supervisor has not call me, in spite of the many promises?

These people should be prosecuted for fraud.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

My yard look terrible and more weeds have come than I have ever had..I have called to complain over 3 times only to have the lady say, "So sorry but we will be out in a month to spray for weeds." Well that has passed by. I will be calling today. Do not waste your money. Please read the reviews as I am sorry I did not...

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I paid upfront for an entire year of ‘Mosquito Defense + Outdoor Pest Control’ treatment. Every month for four months now I have called or chatted or both with their representatives and explained to them that I have more mosquitoes and more bugs than I did the month before, every month, and I get 1 of 3 responses. 1. "You have to give it more time, call back later in the month." 2. "We can reschedule your next visit for sooner." or 3. "We can have them put some extra down the next time they come out."

None of this works. Every month we’re getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. I have different reps contradict each other on what the ’+’ is for and what bugs or insects are included in that. I can confidently say there is no bug or insect of ANY kind in my yard that I have less of now than I did before I started using TruGreen. In my opinion, TruGreen is a straight up scam. And that is what I tell everyone that asks for my input. I’ve wasted my money. I wasted my time. And I didn’t use alternative means that probably would’ve worked because I was relying on them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

We’ve become very unhappy with our TruGreen Tree and Shrub program. At the last visit, I spoke to the technician as he was retracting his hose about specific plants and trees I was concerned about in my backyard. The answers I was getting from him were not accurate and I suspected he was lying and did not actually treat those areas. At that time, I had no proof to challenge him. So last week, when the automatic reminder call notified me I was getting treatment that day, I decided to stop working and observe where he treated. First, upon arriving at my home, he remained in his idling truck 10 or more minutes and appeared to be looking at his cell phone.

Second, he began to treat so I stood on my back deck waiting for him to come around the house to treat the backyard. While blocked from my view by the house, I observed his spray coming into the backyard from the gate. He sprayed basically to the limits of how far his spray would reach. Then he stopped and I assumed, okay, he’s going to come into the backyard from the other side of my home. I waited a few more minutes and he never did. So I went out front only to find him retracting his hose back into the truck. I confronted him asking why he didn’t treat the backyard, basically 2/3 of my total property. He made up a story that his computer said only to treat the front and side.

Have to say, I wasn’t buying that. It was absolute **. We’ve used the service since 1996 and every tech before him would treat the entire property. So I was not going to argue with him but told him I was going inside to contact his boss. He got quite agitated and went back to his truck and played out the hose and proceeded to treat all of my backyard plants. Now I have to wonder how long this has been going on that I’ve been cheated out of 2/3 of my property being treated? I contacted customer service and I still await a callback from the local office. It will take a great deal of convincing and some refunds from TruGreen to convince me to continue with their service. TruGreen better get smarter….most people work from home and/or have outdoor cameras. We can see if you are cheating us on your service.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I have had this service for approximately six months. This company has somehow managed to proliferate the weeds in my yard to the point where my lawn is now dominated by clumps of weeds. When I called for a re-service it took the poorly trained sales person much too long to give me a date. When that date rolled around I called again as I had not received notice of their visit. I was then given another date with no explanation as to why they did not appear.

They failed to keep the second date without any explanation as to why. This time I was told a "supervisor" would mosey on out here "some time" but the "sales" person could not say when. (Notice you are only allowed to speak with sales staff.) In other words they don't care about building their customer base loyalty after they have the sale. When I called a third time and asked to speak with a supervisor the sales staff person advised they were (conveniently) unable to transfer any calls internally. After over five minutes on hold the sales person returns to tell me their weather report. It seems the weather was the cause of the no shows. It was not raining at my house on the days in question except for one day when it rained well after normal business hours. So whenever it rains anywhere that apparently is the convenient excuse for atrocious service.

A short text message from someone who cared, with an explanation for the no show, would have gone a long way toward maintaining my customer loyalty, which this situation has thoroughly shipwrecked. But since they have my money upfront, there is no incentive to work to build and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty. I have learned my lesson; the lesson being I would have gotten better service hiring a local teenager to do my lawn care. You should do the same.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

I had TruGreen lawn service for 1 yr. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is beyond deplorable and trying to contact a supervisor takes over 48 hrs. The only way to contact your technician is to be home the day and hour of your treatment. I had 5 different techs and each said something different regarding a weed and treatment. When you cleared your calendar to be home for the appt, the appt would get changed. I watched the techs treat my yard and it was a hap-hazard application, only one tech was thorough w/o me having to ask them to do something more. The notes left by techs on the service ticket was never on point, it was like they weren't even at my home. For the $$, it's NOT WORTH IT. The company doesn't really care about the customer and their concerns, sad. So Glad I Cancelled my service with them. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Whatever they were spraying my yard with did not work (seemed diluted) and it became overcome by weeds and cinch bugs. A good section of my front yard was completely destroyed. Even the tech who regularly serviced my yard said they messed up. Manager came out a few times and promised for over a year to resod the area that didn't come back after stronger treatments then he left the company. Now I'm stuck fixing their mess. When I ended my service and explained to the customer service rep why she was very empathetic and stated someone would most likely follow up with me but nobody ever did. Save your money and use another company. They are not worth it.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2022

Stubborn weed is one thing and my lawn *increasing* in the amount of weed is another. Please learn how to listen to your customers. One of your customer retention agents called me today after I canceled service and it was very clear that he was not interested in resolving the issue. This is how it has been since day one.

I receive bad service or no service then I call with my concern then I get answered by someone who doesn't care then when I ask to cancel I get someone from management calling me with false promises to convince me to continue then I continue and then again see bad or no service then the cycle repeats.

Your customer relations sweet talk in public is clearly not in line with your internal staff. If I had the least amount of faith in that continuing with your service would resolve my problem then I would not hesitate to do so. However, it's clear that there is a big disconnect between upper management and what goes on in reality internally.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

This company is a true representation of how every horrible company should run itself. Rude customer service, incompetent lawn workers and managers with false promises. I gave them more than 4 months to work on my lawn and remained patient with their lazy staff who claim that they came for services even though they didn't. Even after many applications my lawn was way worse than it was before, STAY AWAY!

Original review: July 29, 2022

TruGreen charges on average $75 for each visit which would be fine if they completed the service advertised. I had two recent services and both found the following:

Yard did not improve.
Weeds did not improve.

Color did not improve.

When I called to ask why, they gave me the run around. I have cameras around my house. Reviewing my cameras, I found the guy sitting in truck and no activity on my lawn for the exception of leaving a note. Another time showed the fastest spray with little real effort for application. I called to complain and I get the worse customer service. They committed to sending out someone to reservice and they charged me again full price. Don't use this service. TERRIBLE!

Original review: July 27, 2022

I have used TruGreen for years. The regular, lawn care maintenance is great. However, mosquito spraying is not. I have signed up for the 5 services of mosquito spraying 2 years in a row now, and for the 2nd year they fail to provide. This year I specifically called 2 weeks prior to a large outdoor party we were holding to make sure they treat for mosquitos the week of the party. The customer service claimed he put us on the schedule. I called the day before the party because they had not yet done the service, and their customer service rep said it was never scheduled. He then says he went to his manager and it would be done that day. It never happened! We put in 2 more phone calls after the party occurred without them treating for mosquitos, a manager never called back.

This is the part where it gets really good. They scheduled us for 4 days after the party (I know this because I received an email saying they were on their way). As was the case this year and last, for some reason they could not perform the service and it never happened! I will definitely not be using TruGreen again. Worst customer service ever!

Original review: July 25, 2022

We signed up for Trugreen 4/21. Our first service they did not treat our whole entire property as promised. They never showed the whole month of May, June I had to call and make sure someone was coming, they changed dates on us numerous times and I had to make sure all of property was treated as well. July they changed dates on us numerous times again and when they were schedule to come out the 27th we got a notice on the app that the tech couldn’t preform service due to US canceling appointment. Tech NEVER showed up but told office that we cancel! We then customer service to complain and to cancel ALL services because we had mosquito service as well and customer service was like, "Ok. We will get that cancelled for you." No remorse, NOTHING! DO NOT RECOMMEND this company for anybody!!

Original review: July 19, 2022

Nice guys, but they killed my lawn after 3 treatments.. It was St Augustine and I think they put the wrong chemicals on it.. Manager tried to say it was a fungus that killed the lawn. Root rot, but after 30 years I've never had a lawn that looked so bad.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Updated on 08/01/2022: TruGreen keeps stating "Resolution in Progress". There is none. This is false. I stand by my previous review, and am waiting for TruGreen to begin resolution. To date, they have not, despite numerous emails to the Customer Service Department. We keep getting the run-around.

Original Review: I have to agree with the reviews here as we have also suffered damage to our lawn, negligence, lack of customer support. We have experienced the very same problems that other people have stated. I would heartily recommend that those who have been taken for a ride by TruGreen to file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC. Keep in mind, that TruGreen pays Consumer Affairs for their "review." I am also a little suspect concerning the "Resolving Issue" posted above each negative review.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I have used them for approx. 3 years...the 1st 2 years were decent. Weeds were eliminated, and grass grew. When you had them come back out because you saw weeds, they would, but the tech got mad and INTENTIONALLY sprayed weed killer on my tree in the yard, killing it. The tree doesn't die there, but it takes a year or more before you see that it was sprayed. Then the lawn developed brown patch and they want to charge an additional fee to cure it. Duh! If you are spraying for weeds, fertilizing, lime, etc. why would not include a fungicide???? Isn't that a part of caring for a lawn??? After the 3rd year, I had to let them go. Also, they changed techs too often. It's never the same person servicing your lawn. They also leave a receipt with scientific names that the layman/homeowner can't decipher what was put on their lawn. I assume this is to keep one from knowing and learning how and when to service their own lawn.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I began using TruGreen in the Spring of 2021. I was fairly pleased with their service for the first 6 months. As recently as May of 2022, the lawn looked OK. When I called the company to inform them that I observed one of their technicians not covering my entire lawn with the most recent application the company sent another technician out to apply a free service to my lawn. About one week after that free service approximately 80% of my lawn was dead.

I then cancelled the service. Since that time I've had no less than 3 company reps call me and tell me that they understood my concern. They also indicated that a supervisor would be out in 1 to 2 days to observe my lawn. I even told them I would consider resigning with them if they could give me a proper resolution. NO ONE ever came. The last company rep who called me was the most infuriating person I have ever spoken with in my life and I'm 66 years old. All she kept trying to do was place the blame back on us. To whomever will listen...please, please, please, do not use TruGreen as your lawn service!!!

Original review: July 15, 2022

I contracted TruGreen to take of my yard for a year. One "service" and I canceled them. They never showed up for the first application. I had to call them to reschedule. They missed the next service call. I called them and rescheduled. The "technician" arrived. 10 minutes into his application he informed me he had to go to the bathroom. I said, "Of course use our guest bathroom." He said it was against company policy and he would go to the gas station and be right back. He rolled his hose back up and left NEVER to come back.

After calling Tru Green they told me my yard had been serviced completely. I explained what happened. Then re-explained to the next two people up the chain. The third person was very nice and canceled my order. Told me a regional representative would come by, never happened. This company is only in it for the money. Use Sunday products and get better results doing it yourself for 1/4 the price. Be warned.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I’ve been a customer of Trugreen for almost a decade. For the last few years, weeds have progressively taken over my front yard. My front yard is currently +50% weeds. I have been calling and emailing monthly since last summer to have a manager come look at my yard. I also email photos of my front yard. The call center and customer service reps tell me they can’t do that and push me off to my next scheduled appointment. That’s false as I’ve been begging to have a Mgr come see my lawn. Their guarantee states they will gladly visit my property between scheduled visits to ensure satisfaction.

I’m told each time it may take up to 8-12 weeks to see results and should give it time. When I call them back after 8 weeks to tell them the weeds haven’t even wilted, they tell me I have another appointment on schedule and will tell the tech about the issue (which they don’t). It’s a vicious cycle. Each appointment, I speak to the tech. They are unable to help me and can’t give me a name of anyone in management. But they are all dumbfounded by the amount of weeds they see. They also see my neighbor’s green yards and acknowledge my backyard looks good. I’ve been extremely patient but have reached my limit. I can not recommend this company for any services. I suspect they are watering down their chemicals. Save yourself over $700 a year and do not use Trugreen!! At this time, my only option may be to kill off the entire front yard and start over.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I have experienced the same problem several times with TruGreen over the past two years. I prepay for lawn services to be completed four times throughout the season. There are two main problems: Fraud and Poor Business Practices. They continue to schedule me for services and then take me off the schedule for no reason. Poor business management or lack of employees? Who knows? I was supposed to have pre-emergent weed control done in Mar or April. They just never did it. Here we are in July. I have a large yard full of weeds. I called the company. They promised to send out a technician to treat them (too little, too late). I waited home all afternoon. I was home waiting.

Nobody showed up. But, I got notified via text that the driver "just arrived" and the "service has been complete" (all within one minute, 2:11 and 2:12). He was never there. It then showed in the system that he had performed the services. This time was supposed to be "free", but it cost me a day to be home waiting for him and then hours dealing with Chem Lawn reps. The Customer Service people are international. They follow a script, "I am so sorry for your inconvenience. I will re-schedule an appointment for (some date in the future)."

The tech did this last year and I was charged $135 for the con. Same scenario. I was home waiting for the technician to perform a fertilization service. I received a notification that he had completed the work and received a bill. When I filed a complaint with the company disputing the bill, they said, "The system shows the work was done". When I didn't pay the bill, it was sent to collections. I paid it to preserve my credit.

It is impossible to connect to a local office. All calls are routed through a main Customer Service line overseas. I ended up speaking with someone from Trinidad! I CANNOT call the local office directly or speak with management. They promised to have a manager call me. They never have. When they have shown up in the past, they skimp on the product. They did about half my yard, skipping much of my lawn. They count on homeowners not being home. This is also the way they save money on product and keep the costs down. TruGreen Chem Lawn does not only provide a crappy service, they are dishonest and criminal.

Original review: July 7, 2022

My experience was horrible. It all started with them saying they applied the 1st treatment. Honestly I wouldn't have know that they didn't arrive if I didn't have cameras on my house. After telling them that no one came to do the 1st treatment their excuse was perhaps they went to the wrong address, this is after a lengthy back and forth. I canceled my service with them in May after the incident. Now July I review my credit card statement. There is a charge for $136. After they promise me the account would be closed and the 1st treatment would be credited back. I never check to see if it was at that time because after several phone conversations they advised it was complimentary and I trusted their word. This morning speaking to customer service they only refunded half of the amount they took from me the 2nd time. I am disappointed to say the least. Buyer Beware.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I am writing to voice my displeasure of the condition of my lawn. I am usually very proud of my lawn and landscape around my house. After months of the TruHealth Lawn Plan my lawn is a giant disappointment. The Lawn looks absolutely horrible/dead and is getting worse by the day. My lawn gets the water it needs due to my irrigation system. I have written to this company and expressed my disappointment and have tried to get the necessary attention to my lawn that proves they are committed to the Health Lawn Guarantee. No one has reached out to me yet in regards to this situation.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I would never recommend TruGreen to anyone. I had a contract with them for three years and my lawn looked the worst on the block. After complaining many times, my lawn was not getting any better. The cost for their services was not cheap and I could not understand why they did nothing to alleviate my issue after I complained. I finally terminated my contract with them and asked my lawn guy if he could help resolve the issue I was having with my lawn. Two months ago my lawn guy simply applied a fertilizer and now my lawn is greener than ever. For the first time, I am very proud of my lawn...no thanks to TruGreen.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Rude customer service? Check. Unreliable service? Check. Take your money but won't fix your lawn? Check. IT'S A SCAM - STAY AWAY! Awful experience! The only thing they did well is take my money. From the first session they never came. The scam goes like this: You pay in advance, then their "technician" writes that he was at your lawn, but never comes. You call them, they say they'll send him again, and the cycle continues. After 2-3 times you call to get a refund, and they'll refund you on the REMAINER of your service after charging for the 2-3 times they "came." Do this for enough people, and you have a great scam as a source of income. Not sure how they're still in business. S-T-A-Y A-W-A-Y. I can't stress that enough.

Original review: June 21, 2022

We switched to Trugreen after our go to company for the past 6 years no longer serviced the area. Unfortunately, Trugreen is not comparable. I have had 3 sprays so far and the Mosquitos still swarm you when sitting on the deck. When I called to discuss went to a call center out of state. As I was a current pre paid customer I was advised a message was sent to the local center and they would call me back, no one from the local branch has ever called. A sales rep from the call center did call back to sell me an add on service that she claimed would "help the situation dramatically".

I asked to speak to the local branch for further details as I wanted to understand why it was not working, why I needed an add on service, and what was different between the last company and Truegreen. I was advised that another message was sent to them to have a manager call me....still no call. Very disappointed with the local Branch # 5030 management and the need to add a service because what they advertise as Mosquito Defense does not resolve the actual Mosquito issue by itself.

Original review: June 19, 2022

When I signed up with TruGreen I explained to them about the awful service I had with another, national lawn care company. They assured me their service was guaranteed. One of the problems we have in our yard is moles, so grub treatment is very important. This past week our lawn was scheduled for grub treatment, herbicide, and fertilizer. The tech came out and spent 5 minutes on my .65 acre lot…over 7000 sq feet. We have 4 security cameras and I saw the tech slowly wander around, barely spraying the yard. He left an empty TruGreen door hanging envelope…no service ticket, I called TruGreen customer service and the representative actually was arguing with me about what I saw. I then called a local number and did talked with much nicer person, who did say the tech put down that he was there for only 2 minutes. She rescheduled my service.

I want to speak with a supervisor and I have yet to hear back from them. Grub control was one of my MAJOR concerns and I absolutely did not get what I paid for this with last service. Had I not had video evidence he would have gotten away with it. Also, one thing that is always written on my service tickets by the tech in the past is, “I noticed a lot of weeds in your lawn today.” I’m paying them to clean up the weeds but it NEVER happens. Great observation! Do something about it!! Also it took several weeks to get my soil samples back…several phone calls later, they finally had them and had to come out an extra time to address a deficiency in my lawn. Individually these things are not awful, but collectively shows a pattern of a company that simply does not care about customer service. We are only halfway through the season, I really cannot recommend TruGreen.

TruGreen Lawn Care Company Information