2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Troy-Bilt Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Troy-Bilt?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Troy-Bilt?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Some years ago I had a Troy-Bilt snowblower. It started once, and then never again. This is akin to the issue I have with this weed wacker. It regularly takes 40-50 pulls to get the thing to start. I only use special (expensive) pre-mixed and stabilized fuel, because I am certain that if you put regular gas in the thing you could just kiss it goodbye.

As you have to pull with the force of gorilla, and use every bit of the supplied cord length every time, I badly strained a finger with the too-short cord came to a sudden stop. When I finally did get this miserably cheap piece of consumer junk to start, I got about a minute and a half of run time before it had gone through all six feet of cutting line. Should have known better. The name "Troy-Bilt" ought to be synonymous with "Warning!"

Original review: July 18, 2020

I purchased a Troy-Bilt Tractor (Pony) from Lowe's in the spring of 2016. I bought everything with it including the bagger for about $1,400. The bagger was a waist but that was my decision so on me but the Briggs & Stratton 15 HP motor has been junk. I have spent over $500 on getting it rebuilt. Now it will not start yet again. It acts like it has jumped timing. I have taken good care of this machine including using non ethanol gas. An oil change in the spring etc. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANYTHING TROY BILT OR BRIGGS & STRATTON.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Model TB230 - This is the most poorly designed self propelled lawnmower. My worst lawnmower purchase ever. It cannot pull the lawnmower thru the grass. It would probably work for someone who cuts grass every other day. I have it set on wheel setting #3. The self propel mechanism housing drags they the grass. Even worse if you want to cut lower. I practically have to push this thing around. Who needs a self propelled lawnmower that you have to push. Expensive machine that I'm not at all happy with.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I would strongly recommend that you not buy Troy-Bilt products directly from Troy-Bilt. Finding something as simple as your order status is impossible. Their chatbot says one thing and your online order status says another. The phone line is never open...just on hold... This time it's 39 minutes...nothing. If you want Troy-Bilt may I suggest finding a dealer who cares about customers.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought a new 196cc 4x4 lawnmower, Model 12A-N2M7563. It ran about 10 minutes before the rear wheel drive stopped working. This is a poorly made machine. Obviously the quality control is not there. No chat or support for this company. No service manual or parts catalog is available. The supplied manual has no service or repair information. A bad mannered lady at Troy-Bilt accused me of not putting oil in the motor. Oil was in the motor, and not relevant to the problem. I wanted to return the mower, but the firm does not do that. Warranty center is far away. Never buy this product. It's junk.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Most worthless piece of ** I have ever had the misfortune of owning. 4 cycle motor leaks oil out of the crankcase like a sieve, starter mechanism just quit working, and closest warranty station is 200 miles away! 3 year warranty is worthless if you have to spend a day to take it there, and a day to pick it up! Pure junk.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I purchased this tractor in the spring of 2018. It has been nothing but a headache. I use my regular push lawn mower or pay others. It is difficult to start and just doesn't run. Previously I owned a different kind of tractor that was easy to start, ran until the grass was completely cut. Loved it. Hate this Troy-Bilt Mini.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I done my research on the Troy-Bilt Super Bronco XP 50 inch cut. It's been a good one. The biggest problem is changing the belt. It takes two people. I got mine in July of 2017. Only got 58 hours on it. So far so good.

Original review: April 24, 2020

My John Deere riding mower finally gave out on me last year and I decided to buy a little cheaper which I did by purchasing a Troy Bilt riding mower. Bad mistake, this thing was a pile of junk from day one. Steering wheel was loose, reverse switch doesn't work, belts on deck won't engage without some help, transmission whines, mowing deck vibrates, bad battery and I could keep on. I will buy a zero turn Deere or something comparable, Beware. Don't buy Troy Bilt Products. The company shouldn't be allowed to do business. Would have given zero stars if possible. Warning!!!! Please Don't Purchase Troy Bilt Products. They are totally junk. Oh and please let me clarify. This was brand new mower!!!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

The deck does not have the strength and durability. The push Mower is 4 years old (look at the photos). We keep it in the garage. The warranty is for the wheels 30 days! The deck 2 years! The engine 3 years! We would have to think twice before copying from this company!!!

Troy-Bilt Company Information