3.82/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

535 Troy-Bilt Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 1, 2019

Bought a riding mower AND a weed eater. Mower lasted 4 uses until it stopped starting. Took it to a repair shop, was told the carburetor went. Paid 200ish to get a new one and get it fixed. Weed eater lasted 3 uses. Pull string spinner broke, bought a Troy-Bilt drill bit that allows you start the weed eater with a power drill. The bit worked nicely 2 times, then the carburetor started leaking gas and wouldn't start. Bought a new carburetor and installed it. Go to start the weed eater with the drill then the bit broke and now spins both ways so it can't turn the motor.

When a company has to create a special drill bit to start their own weed eater because their pull string mechanism breaks after 10 pulls, you know they are a scam. They are aware of their products breaking. Instead of taking the time and money to develop a better pull string, they decide to create another trash product you will have to buy to attempt to keep using their other trash product. It's clear they are a scam and are fully aware their products break.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Bought at Lowe's. Name is misleading because a number of units are all built by MTD who owns the name. My 42" tractor mower performs okay. The mower deck is difficult to adjust on irregular landscapes to avoid scalping. Model 13WN77BS011 @ $1000 did not even have mountings for deck wheels.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I got the smallest riding mower in mower because I have a small yard but it was still too big. However, I used it but the switch to the engine under the seat kept disconnecting. I sent it in for repair to the main repair shop for Troy-Bilt. Four weeks later, I got it back and I used it for 5 weeks and it the same thing happened again so I got rid of it.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Tried to solve a problem with my Troy-Bilt Flex. Never got a response to my question, was only given a part number. Had the Flex repaired by an authorized dealer and Troy-Bilt never sent the reimbursement check they said they would send out. Their customer service is absolutely useless. If you are considering Troy-built, "DON'T". If you do, Don't say I didn't warn you!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

It only last two year. No help from Troy-Bilt or Lowe where I got it bad block. Do not buy Kohler. They just pass the buck. You will be without a mower and your money. Troy will not do anything. Do not buy a Troy. You will be sorry. Get a good lawn mower that will last more than two years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Troy-Bilt?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

This leaf blower is one of the strongest on the consumer market in terms of amount of air it moves. It does a nice job. I have had it for about 2 years and use it mainly to blow leaves in the fall: probably 20 hours/year. Just tuned it up, but after a couple of hours or use the clear plastic on the blower nozzle cracked completely off, making it unusable. Could not find just the parts I need to replace, I need to buy a whole new assembly at a much high price. Poor design or manufacturing as the plastic should be able to withstand the force of the blower, for more than about 40 hours. The blower was not stored in sunlight or exposed to chemicals which could degrade plastic. Seems unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I bought a Troy-Bilt riding mower this May 2018. It's fuel Injected, no carb issues. Motor runs well, but battery didn't last the season. Mower deck is the poorest designed and build ever in history. Troy-Bilt engineers are clearly dropouts, that are still drunk. It can't cut grass over an inch. It can't be adjusted over 1.5 inches, so if you want to mow every 2 days, then this is the mower for you. Mower deck drops down on its own, and scalps lawn in many places. My lawn looks like it got attacked by a Renegade Flowbee. Never again will I buy or even use a Troy-Bilt product.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased this tractor in August 2016 from Troy-Bilt.com. There was a minor issue after one month. Troy-Bilt covered it completely. So, I couldn't use it for 2 months. Since, then worked very well until September 2018. The acceleration was lagging. So, called customer service, told them it's just a month out of warranty but lost 2 months during earlier repair. The 1st rep was not very helpful and said, I should get it inspected at authorized repair center and they would review based on nature of repair. So, I hired a local technician, who determined it's transmission failure. So, I called Troy-Bilt, this rep said, "It won't be covered." I called again, and got in touch with an amazing gentleman Rob, who said, since I lost 2 months of service during original warranty, they will cover this one time, if it's a manufacturing defect. In all fairness, I said ok and transported it to the nearest authorized repair center.

Just learned yesterday that Troy-Bilt changed the transmission and fixed the riding mower at no cost for me. This definitely shows their commitment and efforts should be commended. Also, I suggest that Troy-Bilt offer an extended warranty for an additional price like John Deere, Cub Cadet etc. do even on basic models. All in all, I had a great experience with Troy-Bilt and would strongly recommend them. If you think you have a genuine and fair concern and if a customer service rep is not helpful, please speak with manager. In my case, they were fair and will commend them for that.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I bought the Troy-Bilt TB 22/46 hydraulic lawn tractor in July 2011. Today is Nov. 19, 2018. Today the lawn tractor burnt to a crisp. I was mulching leaves when I shut the engine and emptied the leaf bags (also Troy-Bilt). I turned around to mount and start the lawn tractor and noticed a fire under the hood. I called the fire department. The fire department put the fire out but it had quickly burnt to a crisp. I called Troy-Bilt and explained what had happened and they offered me a 5 percent discount on my next equivalent lawn tractor.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Fuses have blow. Brakes do not work for any longer than a year, always need repair. Many new cables replacements. Forever need carb clean. Replace Transmissions now. This thing is only 5 years old. It is a big piece junk. Will not ever buy from Troy-Bilt again. A big money hole that is for sure.

Troy-Bilt Company Information