1.80/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Feb. 7, 2018

42 Triangle Tube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

ACV Triangle Smart 60 - Mediocre Product at a Premium Price. I cannot recommend this product or company. The reason is ACV Triangle charges a premium price claiming to be a superior product, however; my customer experience has proven it to be a mediocre product. Furthermore, the company does not stand behind their product & chooses not to support their customers. There is no reason to pay the premium for ACV Triangle when the Home Depot will give you the same experience.

I purchased the ACV Smart-60 hot water heater on my plumber's recommendation because of the tube in tube design & the company brochure claims the average lifespan is 20 years. Seven years into the life of the product it sprung a leak! We had items in our basement destroyed, no hot water for 2 days and a plumber's bill of $640. ACV Triangle DID provide a replacement hot water heater at no charge as per their warranty. However, the warranty does NOT cover the labor expense. Therefore, you the consumer who is dumb enough to pay a premium for ACV Triangle, must also pay the plumber's fees to cover for their defective product. My issue is not paying the plumber's fee. Rather, this is a premium product & I expected ACV Triangle to provide premium customer service after the sale.

I contacted ACV's national sales manager who promptly rejected my request for reimbursement of labor expenses. I then contacted the company president (twice) who is radio silent. I understand every company has an occasional dud. What I don't understand is 'IF' this company has a premium product at a premium price and defects are truly rare, why don't they step up and spend a few hundred dollars to clean up their own mess? Or is it that the duds are common, and the average lifespan of 20 years is a lie so if they had to pay all of the plumber's fees it would break them?

I don't know the answer, but do you really want to find out the expensive way? Also what type of company president does not engage with his own customers? It would have been a fantastic opportunity to turn a dissatisfied customer into a brand ambassador. Perhaps the investors of ACV Triangle will read this and explain why any sane person would purchase their product?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I'm a homeowner and installed a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 boiler in November of 2010. It has worked extremely well ever since. The only problems I've had have been too low water cutoff and frost condensing in the fresh air inlet tube. I have not had to call a service company for advice or for repair. Every year we have extended periods of outdoor temperatures of -20F and colder. After comparing my natural gas bills I have saved 40% compared to my previous cast iron open flame boiler (1960's vintage). I would definitely consider another one when this one wears out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I purchased this heater system (Prestige Excellence 110 heater) after a long in service with a salesperson 9 years ago. I did have the service contract but decided to cancel it after 3 years because the cost of the service for the year was more than an average repair. The last four years I have had the gas company come to repair the unit. It is always the same thing, they have to order parts and be without heat for 3 days. Two weeks ago the heater broke down again. After waiting for parts they were able to get the heat working but not the hot water. This week I get a call from the people living at my house that the heater won’t turn off and the house temperature is in the 90's. I go to the house and found that when the heater failed the week before it almost caught fire. The interior wall insulation had burned off. They had taped the manual to the outside of the same wall and the manual was burnt. Imagine the heat that had been giving off to cause that.

There could have been a fire or explosion. I am in the midst of getting the house fixed up to sell and my unconscious is bothering me with what I deem a faulty heating system. I will be contacting the company about the seriousness of this situation and what could have happened. What is worse is the system failed to shut down in case of an emergency which this incident obviously was! The manufacturer will only warranty some of the parts but not all and I have to pay for the labor which will be hefty. I guess this is not a big deal to them. I will be following up via other avenues with this incident.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We have had this Triangle Tube Prestige system for 8 years. Since then: 1) The blower fan housing disintegrated, 2) The system leaked through the spiral vents into the cabinet and the controller board. Now the heat won't shut off in one of the zones, although I replaced the thermostat, thinking that was the problem. We had a small system that worked fine for over 30 years, then had this piece of junk installed. I am considering having a heat/AC company come in and replace the whole system. Having it repaired, at a minimum of $300 per repair visit, seems like throwing good money after bad.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I wished I reviewed this site before purchasing the CC125H. I see that installers give great reviews. While customers give poor reviews. If the company would review all these complaints and improve their customer service they might find themselves leading the industry. I called in three times about my unit. First for a boiler motor and second a error message (5-E). The boiler motor failed the day it was turned on. It took a week of a hundred phone calls and warranty form to get them to send me a replacement. SHAME ON THEM.

On the 5 e error keeps popping on once a day and I have talked to the tech at TRIANGLE TUBE who has given me advice on faulty ground wires to poor air output. I try the hot water in the sink a if it is cold I know it's a error message 5-E. Never got a return message about a problem I was having. Obviously this company doesn't have the people to solve customer complaints. Maybe the BBB in all the states should look into this company's practices. Sad I think they have a good product but poor management skills to solve customer complaints. Thank God I didn't buy stock in this company. Another KMart, Sears and many good companies downfall: POOR MANAGEMENT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Triangle Tube?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Had Triangle Tube hot water/heat system in my house installed during new construction in 2012. Since then I have had 2 of 3 actuators fail, and system shutdown (not heat or hot water) a minimum of once a year. It is supposed to reset itself, but never seems capable, and I end up calling a plumber each time, averaging about $200. When it works it is efficient, but if I leave for a week in the winter, I can't leave my house empty and have to get someone daily to see if I have heat.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110 with domestic hot water system: Nothing but problems - my worst homeowner purchase. Installed in 2010, $8k for the boiler, another $3k for the hot water part. So far: 2 of 3 water circulating pumps failed (not Triangle Tube's fault, but it is a complex system and has a lot of components). Main circuit board had intermittent fault that took 2 years for TT to finally replace. During this time we had many flameouts resulting in no heat or hot water until boiler was manually restarted. (No audio alert so you don't know boiler is out until you run out of hot water or the house gets cold). Hot water storage tank failed (TT did replace it but it cost me $75 for the thermostat that wasn't covered).

Now the blower has failed (another $700 to get fixed, although now that I know what part it is could replace for about $300 myself). I cannot recommend this system. It does provide essentially unlimited hot water, and saves a lot on natural gas. But I give some of that back in electricity as the unit requires 3 water pumps and a blower. No heat or hot water when power is out or unit is broken. Limited local vendors in Chicago, so I'm stuck with the overpriced company that installed the thing. Stick with a separate hot water system, or at least a demand inline heater if you live in an area that has power outages.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have a Triangle Tube boiler. The ONLY good thing about it is that I didn't pay for it originally, it came with the house when we moved in. It has leaked since day one and even showed up on the inspection report when I bought the house, at that time the unit was only 2 years old. I've spent thousands on repairs and parts, and have gone days without heat in winter months trying to get parts. Don't ever buy anything from this company!!!

Original review: April 10, 2017

The name Prestige Excellence 110 should have been Prestige Terrible 110. I've it installed 2013. After that it breaks down every year. I've to have people come to fix it yearly. It was supposed to be top of the line but it's only true on cost, nothing else. I will never recommend it to any one.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Components keep breaking. After 2 years the fan broke and cost us $900.00 to replace, let alone it happened on Christmas Eve and cost an additional $200 just to tell us the part would need to be ordered and would have to wait 4 days because of holiday to have HEAT and HOT WATER. We also had family in town and was not a comfortable Christmas due to no heat and hot water. Then 4 weeks later, the fan went again, but this time the part was covered since it was only 4 weeks old. SUCH a disappointment. In addition to this problem the sensor outside broke also soon after it was installed. Wish we never converted to gas!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I have the Triangle Challenger CC 125. It was made in 2014. The warranty states 1 year covers everything, and 5 years on major parts. It's been about 3 years since my system has been installed. Friday my system shut down completely leaving me without heat and hot water (I live in New England btw). Then, after contacting one of Triangle's distributors and Triangle themselves, I was told the fan that completely stopped working isn't covered under warranty. Sounds like a major part to me! Without the fan the system can't run. I will never refer anyone to this company and I will never buy any of their products again. They don't honor their warranty and leave you stuck having to pay all this money for parts as if you didn't pay enough for the system as a whole.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

My Pro 40 heater was installed 7 months ago and developed a profuse leak somewhere inside tank with the water streaming and dripping down the sides and flooded the small compartment on the top of the unit where the thermostat is; I have had no hot water in 4 days. The dealer tells us that it can take up to 2 weeks to get the issue resolved. First they said I have to buy a new heater and they would do the warranty adjustment later. My plumber argued them into sending one as a replacement. Not just a bad product but poor customer service. I plan to call the company directly and see if they might do better... and also pay the labor charges. I will update my review according to how they respond.

Original review: March 21, 2016

I have been installing Triangle Tube boilers for 15 years and I can count on one hand the amount of problems that I have had with these boilers. I have found that going back on problem heat calls that usually when there is a problem with a unit it tends to be on the installer of the boiler. I have been to Blackwood NJ for training on their products and I have gone to countless jobs to look at systems that someone else had installed, very rarely are problems caused by the units themselves.

The new TriMax controller with the EZ startup menu is a great control, it helps take thinking out of the equation for the average installer. With videos and the internet everyone thinks they can install boilers today, and unfortunately that is not the case. If you read the installation book or go to their facility to go through specific product training you would not be dissatisfied with their product. We install all types of heating equipment and triangle tube is one of my favorites because of ease of operation.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

Great idea, extremely efficient WHEN IT WORKS as advertised. Installed in October of 2014, and have had the installing plumber here no fewer than 8 times. I think he just about rebuilt the unit but, I have lost total confidence and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away. It's a shame someone lawyer doesn't start a class action suit. End result for me will be total replacement of this garbage unit!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

Purchased new boiler in 2010. April of 2013 the stainless steel tank developed a leak. Went to plumbing house, filed a warranty claim, called company 6 times and sent emails. 0 response. Based on suggestion from retailer, GPS plumbing supply purchased the exact boiler. On Feb 9, 2016 the same problem developed. This time water all over and no heat. Went back to GPS, filed another claim. No call from Triangle Tube. 5 years, two boilers, $7,800.00 labor $2,500. This time they said warranty only good if I buy another Triangle Tube. I figured that is too risky due to their customer service. Purchased a different brand. Navian boiler. Total cost: $2,750.00 labor: $1,250.00. Total investment in new home for heat and hot water: $14,300. Run do not walk from this company. There are many alternatives for heat and hot water boilers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Unit is a year old and continues to be unreliable. Plumber who installed is beside himself in attempting to make it work properly. Garbage and not recommended to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I run maintenance for my church in Garfield, NJ. We replaced the heat in our church and school over the past three years using several Triangle Tube 399 boilers. Three years ago we installed the first two 399's of the four total we have today. These first two worked and actually continue to work with no issues to date. The third and fourth are total garbage and I am not exaggerating.

The boiler we installed for our church building literally had problems from day one, our contractor changed the power switch maybe 4 times, for a while we resorted to jamming it pressed in for the thing to work. Ignitor because the damn thing sounded like a bomb going of with delayed ignition, mother board was next and what comes after that who knows. The fourth 399 we have was installed this past summer 2015 so it's maybe 5 months old. Today it blew a mother board.

The inconvenience, lack of heat and money you will pay to have a plumber come in and fix this pos is not worth the efficiency in the long run, no ** way. As a plumber to recommend this ** and have to service it for free in the first 12 months will drive you crazy and broke and it will lose you a customer in the long run as sadly we will not be hiring the company that has installed these going forward for plumbing, heating or AC work.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I have had my Prestige Solo 175 (propane/3 zones/radiant floor heat) for one year now and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. My installer says that 99% of the calls he gets to repair Triangle Tube furnaces are directly related to the installation. I tend to agree. These things are absolutely quiet, seem to run (start/stop) flawlessly and mine is running at about 98% efficiency when the radiant floor tubing system is calculated in the efficiency. I seem to be in the minority on this one, but just had to include my experience as you usually just hear about problems. Am very satisfied. Make sure you have a good installer with experience in Triangle Tube furnaces.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

Prestige peerless 110. Zero-hassle, no-problem HWH system for house, unbelievably efficient, cheap, hot water and prompt heat. Pump's a tiny tiny bit whiny, just a little. Quiet countryside location. Have to nag installing plumber to do any service, as it needs none. Makes me wonder about this site a little bit, frankly.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I am a licensed boiler installer. I have been installing boiler for 15 years. This is by far is the worst boiler I've EVER!!! come across. 5 Years ago, I began selling these boiler at my business and regret every one I sold. Skeletons in the closet. I chose to put it in my own house. Within 2 months, I was replacing the control board because of delayed ignitions that shook my house. I was told a control board problem was the cause and that rev.2 board would fix that problem, and it did.

Today, I just put the 5th new control board in. The 4th one was bad right out of the box. The third one was destroy along with the display panel when a factory installed pipe in the boiler sprung a leak and soaked everything. I've had to replace many heat exchangers in these boiler also. One time the replacement heat exchanger itself had a pin hole in a weld. I was originally denied the claim but after making a stink about it and taking a video of it leaking, they reluctantly granted me the claim. They refused to give me a labor allowance for changing it out that second time. Do not put one of these boiler in your house. They are junk junk junk. To top it off, they don't stand behind their product.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2015

I wanted an energy efficient boiler. Got the Prestige Excellence 110. It has been a nuisance since day 1 during the 4 years I've had it. I've had numerous parts replaced on this including the smart tank and most recently the blower. Then my wife tells me tonight that we have no hot water. You've got to be kidding me!!! The boiler states that the domestic hot water setting is 140, yet the actual temp is 72, however the burner is not firing because the temp has been reached. What?!! This boiler is a complete hassle. If Triangle Tube doesn't make good on this lemon I'm filing a claim with BBB!

Original review: April 1, 2015

I've been installing boilers for many years and the Triangle has become my boiler of choice. I tell people this is the boiler I would recommend to my own mother. Keep in mind that this is a place where consumers complain but it's not the only story. As an installer the last thing I want is a call back. I have very few with the Triangle Tube.

Original review: March 28, 2015

I purchased a Triangle Tube Solo 250 Boiler for my apartment building and have nothing but problems. The final outcome after over a week with no heat or hot water was a faulty igniter that caused a delayed ignition then blew up the heat exchanger on the unit all while under warranty. Poor warranty coverage and service from the factory and distributor. I am ready to file my lawsuit with this piece of junk!!!

Original review: March 3, 2015

Installed this boiler In 2010, and am very dissatisfied. Needs more maintenance than should ever be expected. If I could afford it I'd switch it out... The first year or two there was no problems and after that we average 2 - 3 service calls a winter for repairs that are not covered under warranty.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

I have this boiler installed 4 years ago. It should be energy saver and a new high tech addition to my old house. Since the beginning the boiler was very sensitive to pressure change and any other conditions and kept turning off very often. Each time I had to call a professional and pay a high fee. This year things got much worst. The boiler start leaking and apparently the engine was flooded too it had to be replaced. We are talking about $1000 item.

Shortly after the pump was leaking so it had to be replaced. After all of this I was hoping for a little break, but it didn't happen. The boiler started turning off from time to time for no reason. I called help and a thermostat had to be replaced. A month later the problem started again. This year winter was very harsh and coming back to a home where the temperature is close to 34 is not fun. Last night it took me an hour to reset and restart the boiler. The house was still cold when I was getting ready to bed. I'm not sure what I will find today after I am back from work. It is really hard to live like this with kids. The amount I spend so far for all the repairs exceeded the price of the boiler. Think twice before you make your decision.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Do NOT buy a Triangle Tube furnace. Let me explain how unhappy I am with my new furnace. It has failed a dozen times during the height of winter (this is a one year old furnace). My plumber tells me that the part that failed is the igniter (part # PTRKIT313). However, triangle has two different parts with that number (type PTRKIT313 into Google images and you will see both). According to my plumber, the bent part (which is the igniter I had to replace because my furnace failed a dozen times during a week when the temps were about 10 degrees) is faulty. The straight part is the fix. However, when I ordered PTRKIT313 from a plumbing supply store, they sent me the faulty part. When I complained and asked for the straight part, the Triangle rep told the plumbing supply store that there is only one part (the one that failed) and I should install it in my furnace.

I asked the Triangle Tube rep and his regional manager to contact me. I want to let them know that having two parts with the same part number is confusing at best. I also want to speak with someone who can get my complaints to senior management. The rep and the manager refused to contact me. In summary, I will tell anyone who will listen NOT to buy a Triangle Tube furnace. I do not feel comfortable leaving my house during winter.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2014

I bought a 2.5 year Old House in Sept 2011 with this unit. So Unit was installed in 2009. Besides having regular service, we have to have a tech in 1 or 2 times each year. They have replaced igniter 2 times and cleaned it 3 times. They have replaced the main board once as well. I do not feel confident I can leave my home for 2 days in the winter and this unit won't fail. I am seriously considering replacing.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

We got a Triangle Tube unit when we built our house 3 years ago. It has never worked from Day 1. I am shocked that this company can sell this product as a "premium" product in the market. It is absolutely shameful that they are allowed to sell this to people. Here's a short chronology: New unit installed in May 2011. Started getting E02 errors a few months in. These were solved by resets each time but only after you realize that the thing is off and it needs to be reset. Extremely inconvenient. After several visits by our installer to "clean" burners and other maintenance, the unit would work for a few months followed by another round of E02 failures.

In late 2013, the company finally sent technicians who ran all kinds of tests, claimed that they had replaced everything. The unit worked for close to a year after that. Starting 3 weeks ago, we started getting the same E02 error. This went on for a few days, until it started getting a E28 error - which could not be reset. We were without hot water for 2 days with temps in the teens in Chicago. I had to scramble to find someone to look at it, pay $650 for the "inducer motor. It worked for one week and now we are back to E02 and resets 3 times/day.

I am now scrambling again to find someone to fix it. I have called the company and asked to speak to the CEO - at first I was told they don't have a CEO in the US. On further probing, they gave me a name and attempted to transfer me to their "number"...of course it just hung up on me. This product, the manufacturer, the supplier is all a JOKE. They should not be allowed to sell this product for $6000 to homeowners. I am now considering buying something entirely different and starting from scratch. I can't handle worrying about hot water in a new house all because of a horrible quality hot water boiler. If you can avoid it, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM Triangle Tube.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

I purchased a Triangle Tube Boiler and Hot water heating system in November of 2011. In 2014 alone, I have had to replace the thermostat for the hot water heater ($200) and most recently the Solo Main Board ($430). I was told both times "Parts only have a 1 yr warranty, and I should have purchased the extended warranty", which I was not offered. My unit is less than 3 years old and I have already sunk over $600 in repairs, on top of the $6k to have it installed. I reached out to customer service warranty department multiple times, expressed my dissatisfaction with the quality and was not offered any resolution. Do no buy this product.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

My crew and my customers have been very happy with the installation and performance of the Triangle Tube boilers. It has been a very quiet and reliable unit and we will continue to use them. The Control is very user friendly and informative.

Triangle Tube expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1946, ACV Triangle Tube is a hot water heating equipment innovator, manufacturer and supplier. Headquartered in New Jersey, Triangle Tube works with residential, commercial and industrial clients to provide space heating, water heating and related HVAC supplies. It specializes in condensing boilers, heat exchangers, indirect fired water heaters and direct fired water heaters.

• Available across the United States: Triangle Tube has sales divisions in the U.S. midwest, west, mid-Atlantic and New England regions. They also partner with authorized distributors in many states.

• Options at various price points: Whether you need a luxury, high-capacity water heater or a heater for small residential space, Triangle Tube has options that will work for you. Its top-of-the-line Prestige Cascade option has a large capacity for large homes, while the Challenger series offers a compact design for tighter spaces.

• Product warranties: Triangle Tube offers several types of warranties for its products. Its water heaters are all warrantied for at least 10 years for defects in material or workmanship and most are also warrantied for five years for parts. Triangle Tube will replace or repair malfunctioning water heaters. Other products made by Triangle Tube are also warrantied and the details are included on the company’s website.

• Energy conscious options: Several of Triangle Tube’s hot water heater models are engineered with the company’s exclusive “Tank in Tank” technology, which allows it to heat more water by using less fuel.

• Options for pools, spas and hot tubs: Triangle Tube’s Maxi-Flo heat exchanger is available in several sizes to accommodate different water capacities. It heats residential and commercial pools, spas and hot tubs in an energy-efficient manner.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords, distributors and contractors who need to purchase hot water heating and related HVAC products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs