Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Help me decide

Blackwood, NJ

1.7/5 (59 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Triangle Tube

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Triangle Tube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Triangle Tube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Triangle Tube?

Original review: June 11, 2021

Purchased a instinct Triangle Tube boiler in 2020. Had it professionally installed and seemed to work fine. After a few weeks it started to make a really loud howling noise from the exhaust. The install came back, called triangle tube and it was a gas air mix issue. Was resolved after that until the spring when it started again. It was so loud that our neighbors started to complain and some even called the authorities for noise ordinance. We called the installer again and he came out and resolved the issues again.

Fast forward one year and boom it happened again. This time I called triangle tube and talked to a technician. He claimed that we needed to have this tuned whenever that happens. I looked in the documentation and it that is not listed anywhere. So after thousands in fines and technician calls I contacted triangle tube and they went radio silent on making this right. I would never purchase anything from this company as they do not care at all about their users.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

We had a Triangle Tube Solo 110 installed 10 years ago. The first 5 years worked great, only occasional reset was needed, but no big deal. Since then, the motor went, then ignitor was changed twice, control panel was changed, water pressure sensor was changed. Numerous visits by plumbers. The error code given by the machine not consistent, and in many cases, misleading. Every year, more than $1,000 has to be spent to keep is running. I am sure there is room for the company to improve on reliability and consistency. For a new installation, I will not go with Triangle Tube again.

Get buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

We installed the Prestige 399 Triangle unit 12 years ago. The unit runs great except every 3 years the blower unit fails, which costs $1,200 each time. The first time the motor itself stopped working, the last three times the plastic propeller is getting brittle and shredding itself in pieces. Very disappointing.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I have a house with five kids and we never run out of hot water. Best thing we did was put in a Smart tank water heater. I would recommend this product. In fact, I'm looking at putting one in at my mother's home.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I would like to speak to Chris who says he went to Triangle Combi Boiler school. I am a technician who hasn't gotten a chance to attend their school but am having a popping issue and have talked to tech support with no success. **

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We had the Triangle tube prestige boiler and hot water installed in 2011. We had lots of issues in the beginning but our plumber was fantastic to us, and returned and worked with the factory for days. First the intake fan assembly went, now 8 years later the tank is leaking. We must pay $2000 upfront for tank and pay for the plumbers cost. Their warranty is useless! Our plumber suggest another boiler, imagine 8 years and it has to be replaced! This is the worse company and product I have ever seen. DO NOT USE TRIANGLE TUBE PRODUCTS, OR YOU WILL PAY ONGOING FEES.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had a Triangle Tube Prestige 110 installed in November of 2011. Have had nothing but problems since. Installers were obviously new to these units. Had to have them keep coming back. They kept throwing parts at it including a motherboard. The last time they came back they changed the supply line coming from the water heater from the supply side to the return side thinking this would solve some issue. When the unit fires, it pops and crackles like there is air in the unit but after about hundred attempts to bleed the air, it does not help. The installer quick coming back as they were losing their ** on our unit and wanted to start charging us every time we called them. The unit also keeps reaching the High Boiler Temp and shuts off. we have to do a manual reset several times a day. Obviously some sensor had gone bad. We spent almost $14K on this and it has been junk.

Original review: April 2, 2019

3 years after installation the tank started leaking flooding my finish basement, tried to collect on the warranty and they will only cover the tank itself about $800, Navien are cheaper, outstanding tech support and parts next day when under warranty. First units were kind of ** but the new ones NCB and after are really good. I know. I am a professional plumber. G.

Original review: March 19, 2019

OMG is all I can come up with. This product should and needs to be taken off the market. Own for almost seven years and it has been nothing but trouble. For the record if anyone is looking at this product, do your research and DO NOT buy.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence. System installed in 2014. Tank failed about 2 years after installation. Had to be replaced. We had to pay for the new tank and wait to be reimbursed even though it was under warranty (cost $900.00 + plumber’s time & cost). We had no hot water. Luckily it was summer so didn’t need heat.

Next a year later a sensor (PSRKIT63 DHW Sensor) died and had to be replaced (cost approx. $60.00 plus time and expense to pick it up and plumber cost). The plumber could not fix this. A rep from Triangle Tube came to the house and found the issue.

At 4 ½ years (1/4/2019) after installation, tank failed again. Had 7 plus inches of water in my basement. Had to rent a pump to empty drain the basement (cost 60.00). Called the plumber and he talked to tech support, was told the Boiler Piping return Assembly (not sure of the cost) was bad. The part needed to be ordered, asked for express shipping. Received on Monday, when installed it still leaked. Determined it was the tank. Tanked needed to be ordered. This time we did not have to pay up front this time, to me it sounds like at this time knew they had problems with their systems. Amazingly they found a tank and we just had to wait for it to be shipped. The tank was installed on late Wednesday. We had to stay with friends as it was too cold in the house. Five days without both heat and hot water. Do not have a bill from the plumber for the latest repair.

We bought this system because it was supposed to be one of the best. But after less than five years, what do we have going forward. The likelihood of more repairs/cost. We would ask that Triangle Tube extend the warranty five more years as the first five have been a disgrace to your name and reputation. As well as the out of pocket expenses incurred.

Triangle Tube author review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1946, ACV Triangle Tube is a hot water heating equipment innovator, manufacturer and supplier. Headquartered in New Jersey, Triangle Tube works with residential, commercial and industrial clients to provide space heating, water heating and related HVAC supplies. It specializes in condensing boilers, heat exchangers, indirect fired water heaters and direct fired water heaters.

• Available across the United States: Triangle Tube has sales divisions in the U.S. midwest, west, mid-Atlantic and New England regions. They also partner with authorized distributors in many states.

• Options at various price points: Whether you need a luxury, high-capacity water heater or a heater for small residential space, Triangle Tube has options that will work for you. Its top-of-the-line Prestige Cascade option has a large capacity for large homes, while the Challenger series offers a compact design for tighter spaces.

• Product warranties: Triangle Tube offers several types of warranties for its products. Its water heaters are all warrantied for at least 10 years for defects in material or workmanship and most are also warrantied for five years for parts. Triangle Tube will replace or repair malfunctioning water heaters. Other products made by Triangle Tube are also warrantied and the details are included on the company’s website.

• Energy conscious options: Several of Triangle Tube’s hot water heater models are engineered with the company’s exclusive “Tank in Tank” technology, which allows it to heat more water by using less fuel.

• Options for pools, spas and hot tubs: Triangle Tube’s Maxi-Flo heat exchanger is available in several sizes to accommodate different water capacities. It heats residential and commercial pools, spas and hot tubs in an energy-efficient manner.

by Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Triangle Tube Company Information