Triangle Tube

Blackwood, NJ

Compare Heating & Cooling Systems

Research top Heating & Cooling Systems recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My Pro 40 heater was installed 7 months ago and developed a profuse leak somewhere inside tank with the water streaming and dripping down the sides and flooded the small compartment on the top of the unit where the thermostat is; I have had no hot water in 4 days. The dealer tells us that it can take up to 2 weeks to get the issue resolved. First they said I have to buy a new heater and they would do the warranty adjustment later. My plumber argued them into sending one as a replacement. Not just a bad product but poor customer service. I plan to call the company directly and see if they might do better... and also pay the labor charges. I will update my review according to how they respond.

I have been installing Triangle Tube boilers for 15 years and I can count on one hand the amount of problems that I have had with these boilers. I have found that going back on problem heat calls that usually when there is a problem with a unit it tends to be on the installer of the boiler. I have been to Blackwood NJ for training on their products and I have gone to countless jobs to look at systems that someone else had installed, very rarely are problems caused by the units themselves.

The new TriMax controller with the EZ startup menu is a great control, it helps take thinking out of the equation for the average installer. With videos and the internet everyone thinks they can install boilers today, and unfortunately that is not the case. If you read the installation book or go to their facility to go through specific product training you would not be dissatisfied with their product. We install all types of heating equipment and triangle tube is one of my favorites because of ease of operation.

Great idea, extremely efficient WHEN IT WORKS as advertised. Installed in October of 2014, and have had the installing plumber here no fewer than 8 times. I think he just about rebuilt the unit but, I have lost total confidence and would not recommend it to anyone. Stay away. It's a shame someone lawyer doesn't start a class action suit. End result for me will be total replacement of this garbage unit!

Purchased new boiler in 2010. April of 2013 the stainless steel tank developed a leak. Went to plumbing house, filed a warranty claim, called company 6 times and sent emails. 0 response. Based on suggestion from retailer, GPS plumbing supply purchased the exact boiler. On Feb 9, 2016 the same problem developed. This time water all over and no heat. Went back to GPS, filed another claim. No call from Triangle Tube. 5 years, two boilers, $7,800.00 labor $2,500. This time they said warranty only good if I buy another Triangle Tube. I figured that is too risky due to their customer service. Purchased a different brand. Navian boiler. Total cost: $2,750.00 labor: $1,250.00. Total investment in new home for heat and hot water: $14,300. Run do not walk from this company. There are many alternatives for heat and hot water boilers.

Unit is a year old and continues to be unreliable. Plumber who installed is beside himself in attempting to make it work properly. Garbage and not recommended to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Triangle Tube?

I run maintenance for my church in Garfield, NJ. We replaced the heat in our church and school over the past three years using several Triangle Tube 399 boilers. Three years ago we installed the first two 399's of the four total we have today. These first two worked and actually continue to work with no issues to date. The third and fourth are total garbage and I am not exaggerating.

The boiler we installed for our church building literally had problems from day one, our contractor changed the power switch maybe 4 times, for a while we resorted to jamming it pressed in for the thing to work. Ignitor because the damn thing sounded like a bomb going of with delayed ignition, mother board was next and what comes after that who knows. The fourth 399 we have was installed this past summer 2015 so it's maybe 5 months old. Today it blew a mother board.

The inconvenience, lack of heat and money you will pay to have a plumber come in and fix this pos is not worth the efficiency in the long run, no ** way. As a plumber to recommend this ** and have to service it for free in the first 12 months will drive you crazy and broke and it will lose you a customer in the long run as sadly we will not be hiring the company that has installed these going forward for plumbing, heating or AC work.

I have had my Prestige Solo 175 (propane/3 zones/radiant floor heat) for one year now and have absolutely no problems whatsoever. My installer says that 99% of the calls he gets to repair Triangle Tube furnaces are directly related to the installation. I tend to agree. These things are absolutely quiet, seem to run (start/stop) flawlessly and mine is running at about 98% efficiency when the radiant floor tubing system is calculated in the efficiency. I seem to be in the minority on this one, but just had to include my experience as you usually just hear about problems. Am very satisfied. Make sure you have a good installer with experience in Triangle Tube furnaces.

Prestige peerless 110. Zero-hassle, no-problem HWH system for house, unbelievably efficient, cheap, hot water and prompt heat. Pump's a tiny tiny bit whiny, just a little. Quiet countryside location. Have to nag installing plumber to do any service, as it needs none. Makes me wonder about this site a little bit, frankly.

I am a licensed boiler installer. I have been installing boiler for 15 years. This is by far is the worst boiler I've EVER!!! come across. 5 Years ago, I began selling these boiler at my business and regret every one I sold. Skeletons in the closet. I chose to put it in my own house. Within 2 months, I was replacing the control board because of delayed ignitions that shook my house. I was told a control board problem was the cause and that rev.2 board would fix that problem, and it did.

Today, I just put the 5th new control board in. The 4th one was bad right out of the box. The third one was destroy along with the display panel when a factory installed pipe in the boiler sprung a leak and soaked everything. I've had to replace many heat exchangers in these boiler also. One time the replacement heat exchanger itself had a pin hole in a weld. I was originally denied the claim but after making a stink about it and taking a video of it leaking, they reluctantly granted me the claim. They refused to give me a labor allowance for changing it out that second time. Do not put one of these boiler in your house. They are junk junk junk. To top it off, they don't stand behind their product.

I wanted an energy efficient boiler. Got the Prestige Excellence 110. It has been a nuisance since day 1 during the 4 years I've had it. I've had numerous parts replaced on this including the smart tank and most recently the blower. Then my wife tells me tonight that we have no hot water. You've got to be kidding me!!! The boiler states that the domestic hot water setting is 140, yet the actual temp is 72, however the burner is not firing because the temp has been reached. What?!! This boiler is a complete hassle. If Triangle Tube doesn't make good on this lemon I'm filing a claim with BBB!

I've been installing boilers for many years and the Triangle has become my boiler of choice. I tell people this is the boiler I would recommend to my own mother. Keep in mind that this is a place where consumers complain but it's not the only story. As an installer the last thing I want is a call back. I have very few with the Triangle Tube.

I purchased a Triangle Tube Solo 250 Boiler for my apartment building and have nothing but problems. The final outcome after over a week with no heat or hot water was a faulty igniter that caused a delayed ignition then blew up the heat exchanger on the unit all while under warranty. Poor warranty coverage and service from the factory and distributor. I am ready to file my lawsuit with this piece of junk!!!

Installed this boiler In 2010, and am very dissatisfied. Needs more maintenance than should ever be expected. If I could afford it I'd switch it out... The first year or two there was no problems and after that we average 2 - 3 service calls a winter for repairs that are not covered under warranty.

I have this boiler installed 4 years ago. It should be energy saver and a new high tech addition to my old house. Since the beginning the boiler was very sensitive to pressure change and any other conditions and kept turning off very often. Each time I had to call a professional and pay a high fee. This year things got much worst. The boiler start leaking and apparently the engine was flooded too it had to be replaced. We are talking about $1000 item.

Shortly after the pump was leaking so it had to be replaced. After all of this I was hoping for a little break, but it didn't happen. The boiler started turning off from time to time for no reason. I called help and a thermostat had to be replaced. A month later the problem started again. This year winter was very harsh and coming back to a home where the temperature is close to 34 is not fun. Last night it took me an hour to reset and restart the boiler. The house was still cold when I was getting ready to bed. I'm not sure what I will find today after I am back from work. It is really hard to live like this with kids. The amount I spend so far for all the repairs exceeded the price of the boiler. Think twice before you make your decision.

Do NOT buy a Triangle Tube furnace. Let me explain how unhappy I am with my new furnace. It has failed a dozen times during the height of winter (this is a one year old furnace). My plumber tells me that the part that failed is the igniter (part # PTRKIT313). However, triangle has two different parts with that number (type PTRKIT313 into Google images and you will see both). According to my plumber, the bent part (which is the igniter I had to replace because my furnace failed a dozen times during a week when the temps were about 10 degrees) is faulty. The straight part is the fix. However, when I ordered PTRKIT313 from a plumbing supply store, they sent me the faulty part. When I complained and asked for the straight part, the Triangle rep told the plumbing supply store that there is only one part (the one that failed) and I should install it in my furnace.

I asked the Triangle Tube rep and his regional manager to contact me. I want to let them know that having two parts with the same part number is confusing at best. I also want to speak with someone who can get my complaints to senior management. The rep and the manager refused to contact me. In summary, I will tell anyone who will listen NOT to buy a Triangle Tube furnace. I do not feel comfortable leaving my house during winter.

I bought a 2.5 year Old House in Sept 2011 with this unit. So Unit was installed in 2009. Besides having regular service, we have to have a tech in 1 or 2 times each year. They have replaced igniter 2 times and cleaned it 3 times. They have replaced the main board once as well. I do not feel confident I can leave my home for 2 days in the winter and this unit won't fail. I am seriously considering replacing.

We got a Triangle Tube unit when we built our house 3 years ago. It has never worked from Day 1. I am shocked that this company can sell this product as a "premium" product in the market. It is absolutely shameful that they are allowed to sell this to people. Here's a short chronology: New unit installed in May 2011. Started getting E02 errors a few months in. These were solved by resets each time but only after you realize that the thing is off and it needs to be reset. Extremely inconvenient. After several visits by our installer to "clean" burners and other maintenance, the unit would work for a few months followed by another round of E02 failures.

In late 2013, the company finally sent technicians who ran all kinds of tests, claimed that they had replaced everything. The unit worked for close to a year after that. Starting 3 weeks ago, we started getting the same E02 error. This went on for a few days, until it started getting a E28 error - which could not be reset. We were without hot water for 2 days with temps in the teens in Chicago. I had to scramble to find someone to look at it, pay $650 for the "inducer motor. It worked for one week and now we are back to E02 and resets 3 times/day.

I am now scrambling again to find someone to fix it. I have called the company and asked to speak to the CEO - at first I was told they don't have a CEO in the US. On further probing, they gave me a name and attempted to transfer me to their "number"...of course it just hung up on me. This product, the manufacturer, the supplier is all a JOKE. They should not be allowed to sell this product for $6000 to homeowners. I am now considering buying something entirely different and starting from scratch. I can't handle worrying about hot water in a new house all because of a horrible quality hot water boiler. If you can avoid it, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM Triangle Tube.

I purchased a Triangle Tube Boiler and Hot water heating system in November of 2011. In 2014 alone, I have had to replace the thermostat for the hot water heater ($200) and most recently the Solo Main Board ($430). I was told both times "Parts only have a 1 yr warranty, and I should have purchased the extended warranty", which I was not offered. My unit is less than 3 years old and I have already sunk over $600 in repairs, on top of the $6k to have it installed. I reached out to customer service warranty department multiple times, expressed my dissatisfaction with the quality and was not offered any resolution. Do no buy this product.

My crew and my customers have been very happy with the installation and performance of the Triangle Tube boilers. It has been a very quiet and reliable unit and we will continue to use them. The Control is very user friendly and informative.

I have had the Triangle Tube boiler for almost 2 years. In that time I have had many problems. The latest was today when I got the code 11 (S1 Sensor). I have had a rep from Triangle Tube over and he assured me that all was working OK. Not so.

I have installed several Triangle Tube boilers and water heaters as a heating contractor with great success. Keep in mind the knowledge and expertise of the installer is very important to the performance and reliability of this unit. A wall hung condensing boiler is not a "Do it yourself project". I have been installing these boilers since 2006 with no problems. When changing over from a cast iron chimney vented boiler the savings is in the 30 percent range. Triangle Tube in my opinion has the best heat exchanger in the industry and are whisper quiet. I also have been out to repair boilers that I did not install and can honestly say that most of the problems are due to installer error (improper venting, incorrect piping, combustion not set up properly). If you are considering having this product installed, I would call your local wholesaler and ask someone in sale to recommend a qualified installer.

Beware of Triangle Tube products. Their warranty is a scam. I had a Smart Tank. It started leaking after less than 5 years. I contacted Triangle, they approved the warranty but said a replacement unit had to come from their authorized plumbing wholesaler. The plumbing wholesaler/supplier wants to charge me $100 to handle the warranty. Triangle's warranty states that claims will be handled at no added cost to the consumer. But Triangle will only process warranty claims through the wholesaler and they wash their hands of the matter.

The companies also tried to coerce the plumber to "hide" the warranty fee into his labor cost to replace the unit. We are complaining to the State Attorney General's office and the Federal Trade Commission about their fraudulent business practices. DO NOT BUY TRIANGLE PRODUCTS OR IF YOU DO EXPECT THERE TO BE NO WARRANTY. How could a water heater tank even go defective after less than 5 years? You think they would have some sympathy. Not only do I have to pay to have a replacement tank installed because the warranty doesn't cover labor, but that's beside the point. Why should I pay an additional $100 just to get the replacement unit?

I had this unit installed in 2009 upon the recommendation of a plumbing contractor. It has proven to be extremely finicky and unreliable. The unit shuts down, displaying an error code for "Failing to ignite." The troubleshooting guide is useless for the layman. Each time this occurs (which is several times during the year), a service technician must be called in to fix the problem. The costs add up, thus negating any savings made from the unit's efficiency. Steer clear of this company. Do NOT purchase this unit.

Triangle Tube Smart-80 Indirect Fired Water Heater - Third water heater installed in 5 years. Company claims I drilled a hole in the water heater. Has anyone had trouble with this company?

New boiler installed in 2009. Numerous problems. Many lockouts, some that wouldn't manually reset. Digital readout blew out (about 850.00). Delayed ignition constantly which results in a loud boom, sometimes 3 or 4 times in succession. Today the service tech replaces the igniter, no help, but he also found 2 studs had broken on top of the heat exchanger! Don't know the replacement cost for that yet. I hate this boiler and would not recommend it to anyone!

Triangle Tube Solo 110 less than 2 years old. Bad weld on the circulator flange. Major water leak and no spare part immediately available. 48 hours without heat and hot water and counting. I was warned but unfortunately for me I bought in to the sales pitch.

I had a Triangle Tube Prestige 110 heating system installed in 2009. And less than 4 years later, the following parts need to be replaced: low water cutoff pressure device, boiler piping return assembly, pressure gauge and fitting. Of course all these parts only have a 1 year warranty. Buyers beware.

Triangle Tube Prestige solo 175 - We have cold New England winters and inquired with our plumber what he would recommend for a high efficiency boiler. Ours was nearing the end of its life cycle. Well, scantily a year later and nine breakdowns, including one five-day period with no heat or hot water, we are ready to throw it in the street just like we threw $13k at the plumber to install it. It's everything from malfunctioning board, won't run on a generator, shut offs before coming to temperature, hot water not working right, cold pockets all over house, and we have been abandoned by the plumber who has been out so many times he isn't returning our calls. How can a company in this day and age make such a low quality product and think they can just stiff consumers with a one-year warranty? Shame on this company.

Triangle Tube boiler malfunctions so often (error code 02). They restart it five times; it fails. I should be charging rent for the service man. I have had control panel, etc., replaced. I am again sitting without heat and hot water.

I had bad experience with high-efficiency Triangle Tube Prestige (399,000 BTU). It was installed in 2008 in my new home (then under construction) at my plumber's advice. Big mistake! I should have gone with Buderus that my architect had proposed (more expensive but supposedly very reliable) or with some other, like Lochinvar (which would cost me $1000 less than Prestige). There was a problem almost from the start when we had a short power outage in town and the unit shot down and wouldn't restart, and I had to call my contractor to get it going again (after finding out in the morning there was no hot water).

Then there was another shutdown a year after we moved in. This time, standard resuscitation procedure didn't help. The Triangle Tube rep at the customer service phone line was extremely unhelpful - borderline rude - and made it kind of clear the customer service is really not for hoi polloi, only for esteemed bona fide professionals. Curiously, the rep mistakenly thought the problem was with the defective control panel he admitted they'd had many issues with it and had a recent recall but they still wouldn't replace it for me at no charge! Eventually my plumber had to spend two days first trying to figure out the problem and then fixing it.

As it turned out, the blower (brand new, bought with the system) went bust. That was for no good reason, since the boiler room is all tiled and surgically clean, with no dust at all. Then I learned they only give warranty for 1 year which is a scam since it always takes a long time to finish the new house and move in after the boiler is delivered, so they really cover it for just a few months at best. And no one ever offered me to buy an extended warranty. Now I had to cough up $1500 full price for the new blower (additional to the plumbers fee) - they knew they had me and didn't even have courtesy to offer a discount. Phone calls to the warranty dept at Triangle Tube went nowhere as they won't lower themselves to talking with an individual customer, warranty department is really not for that in their view.

A rep from their distributor's company where I had to buy the new blower promised to talk with the right people at Triangle Tube and take care of the cost of the blower (especially since I tried to be nice and gave them the old unit so they could look into what went wrong), but instead he simply wasted my time and eventually wouldn't answer the phone or return the calls. So Triangle Tube has now zero prestige in my book, my advice is, go with someone else. By the way, I since have found other complaints about them on the internet, I wish I'd looked earlier!

Triangle Tube Company Profile