Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Triangle Tube Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

We had the Triangle tube prestige boiler and hot water installed in 2011. We had lots of issues in the beginning but our plumber was fantastic to us, and returned and worked with the factory for days. First the intake fan assembly went, now 8 years later the tank is leaking. We must pay $2000 upfront for tank and pay for the plumbers cost. Their warranty is useless! Our plumber suggest another boiler, imagine 8 years and it has to be replaced! This is the worse company and product I have ever seen. DO NOT USE TRIANGLE TUBE PRODUCTS, OR YOU WILL PAY ONGOING FEES.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had a Triangle Tube Prestige 110 installed in November of 2011. Have had nothing but problems since. Installers were obviously new to these units. Had to have them keep coming back. They kept throwing parts at it including a motherboard. The last time they came back they changed the supply line coming from the water heater from the supply side to the return side thinking this would solve some issue. When the unit fires, it pops and crackles like there is air in the unit but after about hundred attempts to bleed the air, it does not help. The installer quick coming back as they were losing their ** on our unit and wanted to start charging us every time we called them. The unit also keeps reaching the High Boiler Temp and shuts off. we have to do a manual reset several times a day. Obviously some sensor had gone bad. We spent almost $14K on this and it has been junk.

Get expert buying tips about Heating and Cooling Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2019

3 years after installation the tank started leaking flooding my finish basement, tried to collect on the warranty and they will only cover the tank itself about $800, Navien are cheaper, outstanding tech support and parts next day when under warranty. First units were kind of ** but the new ones NCB and after are really good. I know. I am a professional plumber. G.

Original review: March 19, 2019

OMG is all I can come up with. This product should and needs to be taken off the market. Own for almost seven years and it has been nothing but trouble. For the record if anyone is looking at this product, do your research and DO NOT buy.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence. System installed in 2014. Tank failed about 2 years after installation. Had to be replaced. We had to pay for the new tank and wait to be reimbursed even though it was under warranty (cost $900.00 + plumber’s time & cost). We had no hot water. Luckily it was summer so didn’t need heat.

Next a year later a sensor (PSRKIT63 DHW Sensor) died and had to be replaced (cost approx. $60.00 plus time and expense to pick it up and plumber cost). The plumber could not fix this. A rep from Triangle Tube came to the house and found the issue.

At 4 ½ years (1/4/2019) after installation, tank failed again. Had 7 plus inches of water in my basement. Had to rent a pump to empty drain the basement (cost 60.00). Called the plumber and he talked to tech support, was told the Boiler Piping return Assembly (not sure of the cost) was bad. The part needed to be ordered, asked for express shipping. Received on Monday, when installed it still leaked. Determined it was the tank. Tanked needed to be ordered. This time we did not have to pay up front this time, to me it sounds like at this time knew they had problems with their systems. Amazingly they found a tank and we just had to wait for it to be shipped. The tank was installed on late Wednesday. We had to stay with friends as it was too cold in the house. Five days without both heat and hot water. Do not have a bill from the plumber for the latest repair.

We bought this system because it was supposed to be one of the best. But after less than five years, what do we have going forward. The likelihood of more repairs/cost. We would ask that Triangle Tube extend the warranty five more years as the first five have been a disgrace to your name and reputation. As well as the out of pocket expenses incurred.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Triangle Tube?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Had Triangle Tube Prestige 110 Solo installed after Hurricane Sandy (Long Island N.Y) and EVERY year when the temperature drops into the 20's the boiler turns off and reads failed ignition. (Note: works fine all year when outside temps are 30 and above). Ignitor has been replaced, installer instructed me to leave front cover off = no difference. Gas flow has been measured = no issues. Condensate drain has been cleaned. Installer/service Tech has yet to actually properly diagnose and repair reoccurring problem.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Six years ago my husband decided it was time to replace the furnace and the hot water with something more efficient. Since then he has passed away and I am left with the job of continuously running out of hot water. The furnace itself broke down last year. The furnace we replaced we had for thirty years and we never had a service person come for repairs. We did it have it cleaned once a year but that was the extent of it all. The company that installed the furnace are forever giving me excuses for the failure, and I believe they have replaced just about every part that there is to replace and it seems there is no end in sight.

I certainly would never recommend this unit to anyone and I'm going to make sure that I make this known to anyone who will listen. I am a widow and I cannot afford a new furnace, but it seems that is what I must do in order to make sure that I have hot water. Also at this point, since the hot water is constantly breaking down, I do not know if the furnace will start on that same path. I just cannot take that chance. By the way when we first installed "The Challenger" we started having issues with the hot water. but then it seemed that it straighten itself out, but much to dismay that was not the case.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I have a Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler and hot water tank. They were installed in a newly expanded/rebuilt house 6 yrs ago. The boiler has failed every single year and twice in most years. Switches, sensors, parts that have deteriorated etc. Last year after only 5 yrs the hot water tank begun to leak and had to be replaced at a cost of over $2K. Two months later the sensor on the tank went leaving us without hot water for days. I've spent an average of $1K - $1.5K every year on this boiler not including the hot water tank replacement. This review seems similar to others I have read on this site. Triangle Tube products are terrible!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Installed nearly ten years ago by professionals. After a short period of adjustments things went ok for almost two years then recurring problems with ignition (loud bang on startup especially in colder months). Spent $5,000+ in as many years troubleshooting and this never solved the problem. Water tank failed at year 8 (covered but not the significant installation fee). When this failed after only 13 months decision to quit was easy. New machine is Weil - McLain and works like a charm and comes highly recommended.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

4 years in a row we have had to spend at least $1000 in service to keep this unit running. Very few service pros in our area, Boston. Ignition switch issues, leaks, system flush requirements, you name it. Go with another brand.

Triangle Tube expert review by Shawn Bayless

Founded in 1946, ACV Triangle Tube is a hot water heating equipment innovator, manufacturer and supplier. Headquartered in New Jersey, Triangle Tube works with residential, commercial and industrial clients to provide space heating, water heating and related HVAC supplies. It specializes in condensing boilers, heat exchangers, indirect fired water heaters and direct fired water heaters.

• Available across the United States: Triangle Tube has sales divisions in the U.S. midwest, west, mid-Atlantic and New England regions. They also partner with authorized distributors in many states.

• Options at various price points: Whether you need a luxury, high-capacity water heater or a heater for small residential space, Triangle Tube has options that will work for you. Its top-of-the-line Prestige Cascade option has a large capacity for large homes, while the Challenger series offers a compact design for tighter spaces.

• Product warranties: Triangle Tube offers several types of warranties for its products. Its water heaters are all warrantied for at least 10 years for defects in material or workmanship and most are also warrantied for five years for parts. Triangle Tube will replace or repair malfunctioning water heaters. Other products made by Triangle Tube are also warrantied and the details are included on the company’s website.

• Energy conscious options: Several of Triangle Tube’s hot water heater models are engineered with the company’s exclusive “Tank in Tank” technology, which allows it to heat more water by using less fuel.

• Options for pools, spas and hot tubs: Triangle Tube’s Maxi-Flo heat exchanger is available in several sizes to accommodate different water capacities. It heats residential and commercial pools, spas and hot tubs in an energy-efficient manner.

• Best for: homeowners, landlords, distributors and contractors who need to purchase hot water heating and related HVAC products.

Profile picture of Shawn Bayless
Shawn Bayless Heating and Cooling Systems Expert

Shawn Bayless is an experienced HVAC mechanical design engineer and project manager with a unique perspective and knowledge of heating and cooling systems. He has worked for some of the top contractors in Oklahoma and is highly skilled in design layouts, project estimation and planning and construction.

Triangle Tube Company Information