Get a Quote

2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

4.0/5 (559 ratings)

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services, which offers a variety of products, including the TotalProtect Home Warranty, is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. Cinch offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs. Plus, most plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
  • Great coverage
  • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers three plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan and the Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
  • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
  • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
  • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
  • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a free sensor to detect water leaks.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has three levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
  • Clothes dryers
  • Clothes washers
  • Cooktops
  • Dishwashers
  • Food centers (built-in)
  • Free-standing ice makers
  • Microwaves (built-in)
  • Ranges
  • Range exhaust hoods
  • Refrigerators
  • Trash compactors (built-in)
  • Wall ovens
  • Smoke detectors
  • Sump pump
  • Toilets
  • Water heater
  • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
Cinch Complete Home Plan
The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.

Cinch cost

Cinch plans range in cost from $27.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 or $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Appliances$150$34.99/mo
Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?
You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.
Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?
Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.
Are there limits on repairs?
Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.
Is Cinch a new home warranty company?
No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.
Does Cinch offer any other coverage?
Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:
  • Pool: This covers multiple pool parts, including above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, filters, air pumps and the blower motor. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,000 per year.
  • Spa: Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, air pumps, blower motor, filters and more.
  • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
  • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
  • Well pump: This add-on covers the above ground well pump, booster pump and more.
  • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Packagae is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on helps cover costs not normally covered under a home protection plan, including permits and code upgrades, for up to $1,000 a claim. Cap limits apply. For Florida residents, the package provides coverage in accordance with Florida Statute §634.346.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its three plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I've been a member of Pentagon Federal Credit Union for 45 years. They said, “We've got a program that all of our members might be interested in.” This has been 10 plus years ago. We had it at our other house in Myrtle Beach and it was the same group. But the contract information changed when we came here as far as who we called. But it was under TotalProtect all through the relationship with Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

We've had several claims and we've had some that were highly successful. Then COVID hit, and we had some where we struggled a bit on some parts and things. We had a refrigerator and a dishwasher. They were General Electric Profile. Those parts came from China. It took a while to get the parts in. Of the three things that I had go out, we were able to get parts for one, and then TotalProtect bought out the other two items. And then, we were able to go and purchase a different dishwasher off the floor, locally. So, it worked out fine. It took a while to get to that point because naturally, we all wanted to try to get the parts in. We were trying to get it fixed, and we wanted it fixed soon. They wanted to fix it because of the cost. But when we got to a point where it wasn't meeting our needs, they were very adaptive to come up with a creative solution that allowed us to get what we needed.

We've had some good contractors and some bad ones. We've had one that was fabulous. They might even have been Sears. TotalProtect uses different contractors. It's funny because they would come up and the truck wouldn't say TotalProtect. So, I try to figure out who they are. And most of the folks came, and they were very responsive.

I had one person come, didn't look at it, walked away, and didn't fix anything. It took me another three weeks to get somebody. I had to call back through TotalProtect’s number to get another group of someone to get here. And it ended up we got the first guy that had come out on it, who had gotten a part. And it took a while to get the part. But when he put the part on, it didn't fix the problem. But getting back to get him, we had to go through that bad guy who came and just walked away. So, it has been a mixed bag. But for the most part, I would say good. We came to solutions. They might not have been as quick as we wanted, but we were dealing with a pandemic, as they were. I can understand that. We have to adapt everything in our life. Also, for the most part, the people were very focused. If I had to call back, the people who were trying to then get to a solution were wonderful. Do it.

Cinch Home Services response

Gary, We listen and understand what our customers need, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we and our service technicians are doing. We hope to have many more years of partnership! - Austin

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

It was easy as pie to submit the claim online. Cinch gave me an individual that came out to work on the fridge. The guy came out, worked on it. He came out four different times, wasted Cinch's money and time, replaced almost everything in the refrigerator freezer, a 20-year-old freezer, but it still didn't work. I lost almost $700 worth of food, breast milk, and days and days without a fridge. I even had to go out and buy something out of my pocket, in my house, and put it, before Cinch finally decided to replace it. It didn't matter whether you replace it or get someone to fix it. But it was a three-week time frame.

Cinch assigned a client advocate. Brittany was very good and was a nice person. She kept sending somebody out. But in the end, after the fourth time, she said no. Because I told her, "I can't waste any more money or I'm going to file a small claims in court. 'Cause this is crazy." She said, "Well, all I could do is give you the $25." She gave me back the co-pay that I paid for them to come out and do the service. But I have money. I could have bought a fridge but I didn't want that. If I bought it and it ended up being fixed, then I would have just been out of pocket. But at what point do you say no? I wouldn't even let a vendor tell me, "Hey, I could fix something," time after time. And every time he came out here, it was a different story. The same problem over and over again.

The first time, I lost about 600 because everything in the freezer and refrigerator got lost. It was packed full of food, breakfast, everything got wasted. Then they fixed it. Three days later, same thing. When I replenished all the food, guess what? Same thing again. I went out and bought another $300 worth of food. So in the end, I spent more money than what they gave me to replace the fridge. I'm not asking anybody for anything. But I'll be darned if I'mma keep throwing good money out the bath because someone don't want to make a decision. I thought it was odd. I didn't know that was the protocol.

Overall, they Cinch was fine. Their personnel was fine. It's the vendor that they associated with. But Cinch needs to understand at what point does someone at a higher level look at the process and say, "Okay, yeah, that process is broken." But I appreciate it and I'll keep the service as long as I can. I have even referred my daughter. She now has it and a couple of my friends. Even from time to time again, even from TotalProtect, no problem whatsoever. But this last incident was too much. I have never ever lost any money. It's COVID. It's a bit stressful. You can't replace breast milk. We could have bought some online, but to me that sounds disgusting. It was enough breast milk for a minute. We lost it all. But things happen.

I've had TotalProtect umpteen years. And when Cinch took over, I'm fine. But I don't know if something has changed within the company where they were making more rules or say, "Hey, we're not just gonna arbitrarily replace something." At some point, you gotta make a decision enough is enough, even if a customer loses that kind of money as well. And I have receipts to prove it. We gotta look at it from a holistic standpoint. But other than that, I'm satisfied with Cinch, because overall, they took care of it. I had to go out and buy. I couldn't wait another day. I just went on and bought it. I say, "Hey, if I had to have to sell this one, if they fixed it again and it started working, it is what it is.” But they gave me the replacement value for that fridge.

Cinch Home Services response

Brenda - We appreciate your dedication to our company, and for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hope to be able to deliver the same great service you’ve come to expect from us for many more years! Sincerely, Dena

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I am ecstatic. After a lot of attempts, I found a good phone number where I can get a human being to answer and I don't have to go through a bunch of pressing numbers. Some of these folks are in Florida, some are in Texas and they are the kindest. I absolutely love dealing with those people. Most of them are Hispanic and I don't mean to say that in any way, except I absolutely love them. The men are very well-spoken, patient and polite. Mostly, they're gentlemen who answer and sometimes, I get a lady and they're wonderful too. If they transfer me and somehow I get lost, they call me back. It's been the best experience. In the past, I've been transferred, I got lost and I couldn't find the person I was speaking to.

We moved to Kentucky in 1996 and we had the coverage when we lived in California. My husband and I were born and raised there. We always shopped at Sears in California. We found out about the home warranty before not too long and we've had it forever. I love my home warranty. I would have had a nervous breakdown if I didn't have it. I've heard about other services like American Home Shield and I've heard people be very frustrated because they don't get what they expected. I'm flabbergasted by the amount that I pay for my service per year when I realize that just about anything big that I can think of in my home is taken care of (washer, dryer, dishwasher, cooktop, refrigerator, stove, and most importantly, HVAC).

We live out in the country (outside of Lexington, Kentucky) and we don't have a lot of authorized reps available to come and do work for us. So I end up paying upfront and submitting all of the paid receipts from the person who did the work, and then I'm reimbursed. I'm on my third experience with doing that. We had our septic tanks pumped last week. I'm taking care of it now and waiting to be reimbursed. I emailed something in over the weekend and I've already gotten two responses saying, “We have your information, and we're reviewing it.” They're the best.

They make it so easy. I just have someone come out and the gentleman calls Sears right from our house after he's in. For instance, in this case with the septic tank, he called the 800 number to tell them the cost to pump it and Sears gave him the approval. He then came back, pumped it and gave me a bill. I paid him and the bill says, “Paid.” I submit it to Sears and I get my money back except for my $100 deductible. It is the biggest bonus there is. If people heard specific examples I could give them about paying the $100 deductible and having an HVAC unit repaired, they'd have to be crazy not to get this service.

Cinch Home Services response

Judy - We do our best to provide an easy claim experience for our customers and are thrilled to hear you were pleased with the service you received. We hope to have you as a valued customer for many years to come. Thank you for sharing your experience. - Austin

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I had a protective policy for many of our products which are from Sears. I hadn't gotten a notice to renew so I called them. But they told me I was too late to renew my policy as several months had passed. They failed to call me. I couldn't have the coverage on my appliances anymore but they had the home warranty so I took it.

The first claim I had was for my cooktop. The tech could not repair it so it was replaced. But I had to get an electrician in at my own cost because I needed some new wiring for the vent, although I had a vent on my old one. It required a different kind of wiring or more wiring because of it being a newer style. My second claim was plumbing and I was not very happy with that. I called back and asked if there was another plumber they could send out. The husband of the owner came and checked over what the guy had done and did some other repairs on things that I didn't like the way the guy did. I still wasn't happy but I figured I had gone through enough and I wasn't gonna do anymore so I let it go.

My third claim was plumbing. My commode was running and it was filling the overflow pipe continuously. I had a $200 water bill. I told Sears that I did not want the same plumber. I don't recommend them. But they were the only one Sears had so a man called me and told me to get my own local plumber. I did that. The local plumber made my repairs and I had to pay him. Sears reimbursed me after I sent them all the information. I've been very happy since then.

With regard to the techs who came, they were fine except mainly the guy who installed my faucet. I really didn't know if he had ever installed a one before in his life. When he installed my kitchen faucet, he had the handles that you had to push back towards the wall instead of pulling them forward to turn them on. He said he did that so I could see the name of my appliance. I said, "No. We don't do that. You turn it around where the handles come forward like they're supposed to." He did that. But as far as cleanliness, the techs who came were very clean. On the whole, Sears is a good thing to have. You never know when you're gonna have a problem. I just became a widow and I'm really happy that I have the home warranty.

Cinch Home Services response

Glenda, It is always our intention to assign the right technician at the right time to meet your needs, and provide a hassle-free customer experience. Our providers are here to help resolve your problems and answer your questions, and we are disappointed to hear about your encounter with one of our providers. Although this particular experience was less than satisfactory, we are delighted to hear that you have overall been pleased with our service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Have a great day! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

The process of submitting a claim is very simple but the results are not always simple. It takes so long. Our refrigerator went out on June 28th and that's when I made the claim. It may have been the latter part of August or early September when everything was resolved. During the process, I was the one doing all the calling to find out what was going on with the claim. They would say it might take 7 days or 14 days. When they approved the replacement appliance, they said it probably would take about 21 days. It wasn't like I was calling every week or every day. I waited the time frame. After it didn't come, then I started calling to make sure they hadn't forgotten about us.

I was being passed from one person to the other. Even though I was given the name of the company that was gonna make the delivery, they didn't know what the holdup was. They said it was on GE's side. When I called GE, I had to choose from different divisions - Southwest, North, or East Division. Eventually, we got the refrigerator. They gave us two options. One is to choose a monetary option or the actual appliance that they choose which is closest to what they're replacing so I chose the refrigerator. But when I called to inquire several times, they kept sending me emails that we could choose the monetary option and get our own refrigerator. I said no because the type of refrigerator we had will cost more than what they were offering.

Eventually, I had gotten the email. They blamed them on COVID which I understand. Everybody's blaming everything on COVID. It could be because of the virus that allowed people getting these large unemployment checks and they were out buying appliances that they needed for their home. One time, I even told the person that I spoke with that I found the same refrigerator at Home Depot and it's on sale. It's cheaper than the price that I looked at from what they gave me. The man said they don't shop at the mall. But the delivery person that called me said they were calling to set up the delivery of my appliance from Home Depot.

Other than this last one with regard to the refrigerator, I've never had a problem with them when we had to have things repaired or replaced. I appreciate the services. Even my mother, I got her to get the services through Cinch. It's the same thing with her. She's pretty pleased with it. My brother-in-law was the one that told us about it. Another brother-in-law had it, but they dropped it. One of the actual service providers said not to leave Cinch and go to some other company because their services is not as great as Cinch. I really appreciate the service provider even saying that.

Cinch Home Services response

Patricia, Thanks for being a valued customer and we appreciate your valuable feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. - Austin

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Updated on 09/21/2021: Very disappointed that I get a very passive reply from my review, someone name Austin, not really sure who that is because no one from your company has deemed it worthy to reaching out to try and resolve the issue. Customer service is your business, however serving your customers is not. Guess you should look into why on google you have 1.7 stars reviews out of 5 average. I’ll end with buyer beware of these people.

Original Review: We take our role in Real Estate leadership with our company very seriously. We became your clients as “guinea pigs”, because if you could not satisfy us as clients there is no way we would endanger our hard earned reputation by recommending you to our loyal clientele, nor would we allow the hundreds of agents under our care to suffer the same fate.

In our humble but learned opinion based on this first-hand interaction and 20+ years of experience: from miscommunication, to having to escalate at every level, to being assigned dedicated agents to then have things fall through, then being told the reason things fell through is because our dedicated agent was no longer at Cinch but the clients she was supposed to be dedicated to were never notified, to extending “a courtesy” and not EVER explaining it would be a “limited” courtesy based on wholesale pricing, when we were forced to call someone to fix the problem ourselves because you couldn’t get a technician there soon enough for a 78 year old woman not to have to bake to death in her own apartment; Cinch has failed this test. Miserably.

And while my husband and I personally have nothing else to say to you or your company regarding this matter, I will assure you that my #1 topic of interest at the next leadership meeting will be the brokerage’s vendor associations and removing Cinch from our preferred vendor list. Your company is a disgrace to you industry.

Cinch Home Services response

Chris - We're disappointed to hear this was your clients experience and understand the level of frustration this has caused. We appreciate you taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. Respectfully, Austin

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Cinch Home Warranty is actually beyond a joke: they don't cover what their legal documents say they should, they are unreachable most of the time, and when something breaks that is covered they stall and delay and then refuse to pay replacement costs. They are basically criminals. Don't use them, don't count on them. They should be put out of business.

My refrigerator broke in June 2021; it is a six year old GE French door fridge. The compressor apparently stopped working. The soonest a repair man could come from Cinch's contractor was two weeks (!). When he couldn't fix it, he ordered one part which took two more weeks to arrive, and then he came back at the end of July (!) and discovered it was the compressor. That took two weeks to arrive and then it took another two weeks for a different repairman to come back at the end of August (!). When he did he discovered that the previous technician had broken off a screw holding the compressor in place and he could not do anything to remove the old compressor and put in the new one. He notified Cinch, which authorized that they pay me $649 instead of replacing the refrigerator, which cost close to $2000 new.

In other words, they spent two months stalling, paid contractors to come out three times, ordered $600-700 worth of parts, and then said that "The screws aren't covered parts in a refrigerator". I am not making this up, that was what Carols **, the authorization specialist said to me on the phone. I asked to speak to the supervisor, and was directed to someone named Markisha who refused to change the determination since "the technician said that the screws were warped". The technician stood next to me and said that wasn't true at all, but she refused to speak to him. After two months without our refrigerator in mid-summer they are paying less than a fourth of replacement cost for a new fridge, which is clearly a covered appliance. NEVER USE CINCH HOME WARRANTY COMPANY FOR ANYTHING! THEY ARE CRIMINALS!

Cinch Home Services response

Rabbi Samuel - We're disappointed to hear you feel this way and appreciate your feedback shared here, on Facebook and on our TrustPilot review site. Our goal is to always provide the full benefit of your warranty and regret we have not met your expectations. I've located your account and see a member from my team has thoroughly review your claim and has been in contact with you directly. Should you have any further concerns, you may email her back directly. Respectfully, Austin

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Updated on 09/08/2021: I was told to respond to my previous review with my house number, etc, and that someone would contact me. NOPE! Nothing, once again. I have been caught in the middle of a toss-off between Cinch Home Services, the Service Provider they contracted with and Whirlpool and EVERY ONE OF THEM has said they aren't responsible. A new motherboard was installed on my washing machine (which was under warranty). The new part sparked shorting out my machine. The service provider deemed it irreparable and that I would be contacted for reimbursement. That was 2.5 months ago and I have had to make every call since then. I have been hung up on and promised many things, of which none have happened. I have been tossed around like a hot potato for 2.5 months. I just learned today that Whirlpool doesn't feel they should be responsible for it now. Amazing... three VERY LARGE companies and none of them can come up with $800 (I would take $400 at this point) to replace a machine that is not working because of them.

Update.. Whirlpool said all they can do is send me a check for $50 because it really isn't their fault but they want to help. Go figure, Cynch doesn't cover sparks or fires (in clause... section ... of the contract) on a machine. Convenient. Sharper Service doesn't cover the part because they didn't make it and it isn't their fault it caught on fire. Whirlpool says they didn't really produce the part, they contracted a company to do that, so they don't feel responsible either. Thanks all for being so customer service focused. Super appreciate you! The moral of this story ... warranties suck and big corporations always win!

Original Review: If I could give a 0, I would. This is the worst organization I have ever worked with in my life! My washing machine broke 2.5 months ago and the service provider deemed it irreparable. I had to spend 2.5 months working through connecting the service provider with Cinch and visa versa. I don't get frazzled easily but this completely sent me sideways. I have never felt more undervalued and respected in my life. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Cinch Home Services response

Ann - We aim to be there in your time of need and regret to hear you have been without a working clothes washer longer than you expected. We regret the frustration this has caused you and we’d like to review this further so we can address your concerns. Please respond to this message with your full property address and a member of our team will reach out directly. Thank you, Austin

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Royal Air came out telling me that I had enough freon my house was nit cooling and that I need a new unit....he didnt check for leaks or nothing just went outside and made a decision....will cancel as soon as possible been with them too long.

Cinch Home Services response

Seanda, We're sorry to hear that our Service partner has left you with that impression. We understand the urgency of having a working air conditioning unit this time of year. We'd be glad to look into your situation to see what we can do to move your claim along. Just provide us with your full property address and we'll have a member of our team follow up with you directly. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: July 28, 2021

Since my claim was submitted on July 6, 2021, for a non-functioning fridge freezer and ice maker I have followed up and been ghosted & stonewalled by Cinch and their two assigned repair service firms at least ten times, and no repairs have been started or completed to date and it could take several more weeks if approved. FYI, a Cinch representative stated the warranty contract is for service repairs but not when the repairs are done.

Cinch Home Services response

L E R LER - We're disappointed to hear we have not met your expectations in a warranty company. We understand the inconvenience when a major kitchen appliance breaks down, in your case the refrigerator. My team will be glad to review your claim and follow up personally to address your concerns. Please respond with your full property address so we can reach out directly. Sincerely, Austin

Cinch Home Services Company Information