Get a Quote

3. Home Warranties

4.2/5 (1167 ratings)
Get a Quote

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services, who offers a variety of products including the TotalProtect Home Warranty, is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. Cinch offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. Costs start at less than $1 a day. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs. Plus, most plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at less than $1 a day
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers three plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan and the Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
    • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
    • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
    • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
    • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a free sensor to detect water leaks.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has three levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
    Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
    • Clothes dryers
    • Clothes washers
    • Cooktops
    • Dishwashers
    • Food centers (built-in)
    • Free-standing ice makers
    • Microwaves (built-in)
    • Ranges
    • Range exhaust hoods
    • Refrigerators
    • Trash compactors (built-in)
    • Wall ovens
    • Smoke detectors
    • Sump pump
    • Toilets
    • Water heater
    • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
    Cinch Complete Home Plan
    The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.

Cinch cost

We found that the most comprehensive Cinch plan with the highest deductible in Houston, Texas, costs $49.99 a month. Cinch’s plan costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 or $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
    Appliances$150$34.99/mo
    Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
    Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
    Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?
    You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.
    Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?
    Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.
    Are there limits on repairs?
    Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.
    Is Cinch a new home warranty company?
    No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.
    Does Cinch offer any other coverage?
    Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:
    • Pool: This covers multiple pool parts, including above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, filters, air pumps and the blower motor. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,000 per year.
    • Spa: Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, air pumps, blower motor, filters and more.
    • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
    • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
    • Well pump: This add-on covers the above ground well pump, booster pump and more.
    • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Packagae is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on helps cover costs not normally covered under a home protection plan, including permits and code upgrades, for up to $1,000 a claim. Cap limits apply. For Florida residents, the package provides coverage in accordance with Florida Statute §634.346.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its three plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

It was easy as pie to submit the claim online. Cinch gave me an individual that came out to work on the fridge. The guy came out, worked on it. He came out four different times, wasted Cinch's money and time, replaced almost everything in the refrigerator freezer, a 20-year-old freezer, but it still didn't work. I lost almost $700 worth of food, breast milk, and days and days without a fridge. I even had to go out and buy something out of my pocket, in my house, and put it, before Cinch finally decided to replace it. It didn't matter whether you replace it or get someone to fix it. But it was a three-week time frame.

Cinch assigned a client advocate. Brittany was very good and was a nice person. She kept sending somebody out. But in the end, after the fourth time, she said no. Because I told her, "I can't waste any more money or I'm going to file a small claims in court. 'Cause this is crazy." She said, "Well, all I could do is give you the $25." She gave me back the co-pay that I paid for them to come out and do the service. But I have money. I could have bought a fridge but I didn't want that. If I bought it and it ended up being fixed, then I would have just been out of pocket. But at what point do you say no? I wouldn't even let a vendor tell me, "Hey, I could fix something," time after time. And every time he came out here, it was a different story. The same problem over and over again.

The first time, I lost about 600 because everything in the freezer and refrigerator got lost. It was packed full of food, breakfast, everything got wasted. Then they fixed it. Three days later, same thing. When I replenished all the food, guess what? Same thing again. I went out and bought another $300 worth of food. So in the end, I spent more money than what they gave me to replace the fridge. I'm not asking anybody for anything. But I'll be darned if I'mma keep throwing good money out the bath because someone don't want to make a decision. I thought it was odd. I didn't know that was the protocol.

Overall, they Cinch was fine. Their personnel was fine. It's the vendor that they associated with. But Cinch needs to understand at what point does someone at a higher level look at the process and say, "Okay, yeah, that process is broken." But I appreciate it and I'll keep the service as long as I can. I have even referred my daughter. She now has it and a couple of my friends. Even from time to time again, even from TotalProtect, no problem whatsoever. But this last incident was too much. I have never ever lost any money. It's COVID. It's a bit stressful. You can't replace breast milk. We could have bought some online, but to me that sounds disgusting. It was enough breast milk for a minute. We lost it all. But things happen.

I've had TotalProtect umpteen years. And when Cinch took over, I'm fine. But I don't know if something has changed within the company where they were making more rules or say, "Hey, we're not just gonna arbitrarily replace something." At some point, you gotta make a decision enough is enough, even if a customer loses that kind of money as well. And I have receipts to prove it. We gotta look at it from a holistic standpoint. But other than that, I'm satisfied with Cinch, because overall, they took care of it. I had to go out and buy. I couldn't wait another day. I just went on and bought it. I say, "Hey, if I had to have to sell this one, if they fixed it again and it started working, it is what it is.” But they gave me the replacement value for that fridge.

Cinch Home Services response

Brenda - We appreciate your dedication to our company, and for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hope to be able to deliver the same great service you’ve come to expect from us for many more years! Sincerely, Dena

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Our first claim was for our water heater. The water was too hot and we couldn't turn it down. The contractor came out and they said that our water heater was so old and it had to be replaced. He told it was $100 that day and if they do the replacement, he had to get a clearance to how much money he can spend to purchase a new water heater. He also told me that the new ones weren't exactly the same as our old water heater so he gotta do some piping.

By the time he got done, it was gonna be another $175. I thought everything was covered. But all of a sudden, they gotta make a modification and it kept going up. To make a long story short, I found out that I could call Sears and they would tell me how much myself. Although the tech did call me back with an estimate and what he was allowed. I called back Sears and they said they would get back to me. They did in a timely fashion and I found out I could buy a hot water heater and put it in myself, so I did.

I had a contractor come out in the spring to check out the air conditioning and also in the winter to chek the heating system. They had a time period in there where you could call. The guy that came out was here for about 15 minutes and I've had it checked other times before had the insurance and they spent a lot of time. They did a lot of other things, but I felt he knew what he was doing and he was pleasant. He didn't give me a hard time. They said they would do it and it was done and I had no charge.

When the valve was leaking in the furnace, the service guy came out to check it and he said he didn't do that and I gotta make a service call. But I gave him the $100 co-pay. He told me that if I looked at the contract, they work on just the boiler and they don't work on the piping. I was a little taken aback by that. Every time I call, I pay them $100 and if this isn’t covered, I gotta pay more. There was also a time when I called and the contractor was supposed to come out to do a check for the air conditioning. So I stayed home all day and I got text messages that they would be here in the morning. But nobody came all day and I never got a message. I called the next day and they said the tech had an emergency. So that wasn't such a good experience.

I wanted to cancel the policy because the little things irritated me. I called Sears and the rep said I couldn't cancel it out and that I have to wait till our anniversary day and it would cost me $800. But that was not what the guy told me. When I originally got the policy, the person said that I can cancel any time I want. They told me to look on a certain page of the policy and I read that page and it’s not that clear. I tried to read it when I got the information. I know I have 30 days I could have canceled. Now I have to keep it until April 7th of 2021. But overall, it would make a very good plan. You call them up and they were very good about coming out.

Cinch Home Services response

Leo – Our goal is to help alleviate financial cost that come along with major home repairs, and we understand how stressful managing those can be. The out of pocket costs associated are non-covered charges that are not covered when a replacement is needed. We hope you reconsider and continue being one of our valued members. - Austin

Original review: June 8, 2020

I've had TotalProtect for over 10 years and the reason I’ve kept them was, at first, when they were TotalProtect, they were kind and courteous. They listened, and they were fair. If you told them something, they would look into it, and they would get back to you and you would come to an agreement. There were a couple of problems, but we just ironed them out. Now, when this new company took over, I don’t find them as well as when I was under TotalProtect, but I’ve chosen to stay with them rather than to change and start over with another company. I had a serious problem when my dishwasher went out and they had Advance Plumbing come here and look at it. The man said it would be more to fix it and then he couldn't find the part.

They then said they were going to get a new one. I’m 71, so I’m not good with computers, but when I was offered the new one, they showed me. I had me to go on the computer to see and I found that it wasn’t reputable to what I had. It was a one-star in every review. Every review showed that it wasn’t any good, and I told them about that. It took them almost two weeks. I gave them a number that I saw that was on that line where that one was then finally, they decided to look at the one that I showed them. I even said I’d pay the difference, which was $25. When they decided to get that one, the delivery guys brought the dishwasher out and set it down and the guy looked and said I needed a different hose.

He also said they were going to leave the unit on the floor and I had to get somebody to change that. The other guy then said they would call in and the company would send a plumber. It wrapped on all the rest of that week and I didn't hear from them. No plumber showed up either, and the dishwasher was sitting in the middle of my floor. I called the warranty company back and that’s another difference. I used to not have a problem speaking to an individual but when you call now, it’s extremely hard. When I finally talked to a guy, he was short and very abrupt too. You never know what an individual’s going through, but if someone is going to be in that type of service, they should try to be cordial. There's no need to be abrupt and rude.

I asked to speak to his manager and he said he didn't have a manager available, so I hung up and ended the conversation. I called back the next day and I got a gentleman who put me on hold for forever. When he came back, he said they didn't know why the delivery guy told me that. He said they don’t send out plumbers and I had to get somebody then he hung up. By then, I was really frustrated, so I looked up some plumbing companies, but I knew a plumber who ran Brewer Plumbing Service. He came out and he said all the delivery guy had to do was a little knob. Anyway, he changed that and he took the old one out then put something in and connected it. The service fee would've been $125, but because I knew him, he charged me $100.

I paid him out of my pocket and I’m still paying my monthly with TotalProtect, whoever the new people is. I was a regular nurse, but now, with Covid going on, I’ve been just doing some part-time essential work. When my daughter tried to run the dishwasher, she asked what was coming out the front. I thought it was water, so I said maybe the plumber didn't connect it. I called him back and I told him that water was coming out of the front. He came back and when he started to run the dishwasher through the cycle, he heard a big noise. He opened up the unit, but he didn't charge me.

He said I had two problems, so I was going to have to call an 800 number and have them send me a tech out. He said the top that goes around was springing back and forth. That was not supposed to do that and something needs to be done about the top spindle. The plumber also said I was missing a piece. There's a connection for a bottom and there isn't a bottom. I called the 800 number, and supposedly, they are going to send somebody out on Thursday to look at it. For as long as I’ve been dealing with TotalProtect, this is the first time I’ve ever experienced this. I’ve gone through the ringer and I still don’t have a dishwasher. This has taken over a month as well.

Cinch Home Services response

Carolyn - We are thrilled you have been a valued customer for 10 years! We hope you remain a valued customer for many years to come and appreciate your feedback to help improve our processes. - Austin

Original review: June 6, 2020

I got a letter from my mortgage company telling me about this warranty and I called the number. Considering the age of our house, how long we’ve lived here, and how lucky we had been with no major appliance problems, we decided to get it. The price was relatively reasonable too. When I got the service, I asked the guy that I talked to a couple of questions point blank. We live in the South. It gets hot and humid, and it starts early and goes long. I asked what would happen if I walked in and my house was 95 degrees and he said they would have somebody here within two hours.

I asked if he was sure and he said yes, that they have all kinds of people that will be here within two hours. I then asked if I had to be without air for a day or two or three if they couldn't get the unit fixed when they came and the guy said that it would not be a problem. I could just check into a hotel, send them the bill, and they would reimburse me. That was good. However, when our air conditioner went out three weeks ago, I called and they said they were going to put me in contact with a vendor. I called the vendor on a Friday, and they couldn't get here till Monday. I told the guy that since he's from here as well, he knows what it’s like outside and he said he did, but it was the best they could do.

He then said he could come on Saturday afternoon and I thought, with fans, we could make the night. He came the next day as he promised and he said I was going to need a new unit, which was going to take several days. Once the warranty company gets his report then they’ve got to approve it and once they do, it would be three or four days for the unit to get here. He said I was looking at five days, but it was a week when it was all said and done. I also asked about checking into a hotel and he didn't know. I called the warranty company, and they said I didn't have that feature in my policy.

The guy that was selling me the policy told me point blank that we did and he lied or it got changed from the time I signed up and I wasn’t informed. That was the most annoying thing because one of my pet peeves is people not being honest with me. I called back and asked a couple more questions after that too. I can take bad news or good news, but I don’t like being lied to. Other than that experience, I’ve been happy with my appliance insurance. Making service orders has been easy. I call, and then they put me up with somebody in the area who comes. They’ve gotten everything up and running and they haven’t had to come back on the same thing twice. I’ve been pleased with the service.

We’ve had our washing machine serviced as well and people have been three times on it. The first time, it was a part and they fixed that. The second time they had to come back, it was a totally different part and it was not related. This time, it was something different yet. I am surprised though. The contractor was supposed to order parts and come back, and that has been a week ago today. I’ve been waiting for them to call and say they got the parts. They’ve taken longer than the other company that came and worked on it. Still, they got the washing machine where we could at least do small loads.

Cinch Home Services response

John - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! We hope you remain a loyal customer with Cinch for many years to come. - Austin

Original review: May 15, 2020

The Realtor that we used when we relocated to Cincinnati suggested that we ask for a home warranty on the house that we purchased and she was the one that recommended HMS. We’ve had it for about 18 years now. Submitting a claim to them was just like every other company. It started off where I would talk to a live person a lot. Now, it’s not so easy to do that. I have to follow quite a few prompts through the voicemail to finally talk to a live person. It’s become more automated. Over the years, it’s gotten more and more difficult. Like for the renewal, for example. Three years ago, there was a rep that would call and talk about renewing the policy. Now, I'd get three emails and one thing in the mail, and that’s about it. It was not so much buyer-friendly. But that was what stood out about them. I’ve checked other companies over the years, and I found them more customer-friendly than the other ones at that time.

The contractors that came out were probably not the best known for the area that I currently live but the equipment and the panel trucks they drive in are usually decent shapes. All the ones that we’ve had in Florida always wore a uniform and they look respectable. It’s not like we're getting a third-rate person to come and fix the air conditioner. Their quality of work is good.

However, I had a couple of hiccups. I live in about an hour south of Sarasota in Florida and an hour north of Fort Myers and the problem is HMS doesn’t have contractors in my little town. It’s always somebody that has to drive an hour or an hour and 15 minutes to get to my home. There’s not a lot of vendors to choose from that wanna travel to my area. That’s the first thing. So, a lot of times, if it’s in July and I'd get an air conditioner issue, the contractors that would service here are booked solid. But they show up within their allotted time of 48 hours being here. When I lived in Cincinnati, it was much easier because I live closer to the city. I could call and get someone out the same day or the next day.

When my air conditioner was out, I called HMS on a Friday night at 5:30, which was terrible because the contractors were all closed at 5:00 on Fridays, and they'd have skeleton crews that work on Saturday for fixing air conditioners. HMS gave me a company’s name and telephone number so I called then the phone actually rolled to a different number and it rang, and I got a voice mail, and I left a voice mail. I didn’t get any callback Friday night. I called Saturday morning at 8:00, then I called again at 10:00. I called again at noon. Finally, a guy picked up the phone and pretty much cussed me out once I’ve done the other because I was bothering him so much. I told him that it was the number that I got and that it was rolling to his phone from a business phone as I was not dialing it direct. It was Monday morning before I could talk to anyone, but it wasn’t HMS’ fault. It was the contractor.

What happened was the girl that works for the office was sick that day and the boss routed the phone to the wrong phone number. He made a typo. Instead of 4 5, he typed in 4 6, and this poor guy was kinda upset. He was getting phone calls at all times of day and night so I felt sorry for him. Then I said that I wanted somebody else to come out. It was 88 degrees and humidity was 88%. I couldn’t go without air conditioning. Once it was resolved, the guy came out the next day. He had to order the part, but they were able to bypass the issue to make the air conditioner run until they got the new circuit board in, and then they came back and fixed it. So, it worked out fine, but it was kinda stressful from Friday night till Monday morning.

Cinch Home Services response

Thanks for sharing your experience Tim. We appreciate your feedback to help improve our customer satisfaction. - Austin

Original review: April 28, 2021

I’ve taken off work over 7 times for a repair on my wall oven and it still has not been serviced. My service provider was actually Sears and they marked my job as complete after another no show / no call today. The service technician actually lied and said he completed the job, but he never showed up. I’ve been contacting Cinch and they just keep transferring me / disconnecting the phone line. I’ve been trying to speak with a supervisor since February and the representatives (who are outsourced) will never honor the request and just keep telling me that there’s nothing that they can do for me even though I already paid my $150 deductible. Cinch keeps telling me to call Sears (and vice versa). This company just wants your money and they will not uphold their end of the contract. This has been a very upsetting experience

Cinch Home Services response

Demetris, Please know that the situation you have described does not reflect the type of service we aim to provide. Our purpose is to always meet the needs of our customers, and we’ll be glad to review your claim to see how we can help. Please respond with your claim number or full property address and I will have a member of our team investigate and follow up with you directly. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: April 24, 2021

Just got Cinch since past home warranty expired, after having them for 2 weeks, my water heater decided to stop working, so placed a claim with them online. They chose the technician I didn't have a choice. A technician came out in 2 hours but didn't really tell us what happened only that we need a new water heater and that he can get us a 75-gallon tank vs the 50-gallon we have (that made us raise an eyebrow on their reliability). Cinch denied our claim saying that our water heater had a pre-existing condition and that they won't get a second opinion only that I had to pay for a separate party to come out to overrule them and that I wouldn't get my deductible of $150 back even if the tech was wrong even after reading to her what's in our contract. Only that they'll send someone else to do the work. So, overall they made me feel it was my fault and that it felt like a scam to us. There was no help at all in getting our water heater fixed for our house.

Cinch Home Services response

Alexander - We're disappointed to hear you feel this way. My team would like to follow up with you directly to ensure you have been provided the full benefit of your policy. Please respond with your full property address and my team will review and reach out to you personally. Sincerely, Austin

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 19, 2021

Formerly Total Protect Home Warranty. Long story short, I requested service for a dishwasher since October 2020 and opted for a replacement that has yet to arrive. Poor customer service experience.....

Cinch Home Services response

Dear David, Please know, our customers are always our top priority. We’d like to investigate this further to see what is causing the delay in receiving your replacement dishwasher. Please respond with your contract/claim number so my team can review your claim. Once reviewed, our team will follow up personally to let you know how we can assist. Respectfully, Austin

Resolution response: April 29, 2021

The claims lady, Mary B. was the easiest person to work with this entire process and company wise! She got my reimbursement handled right away even though there were a few delays with missing info from the company that came out to install my water heater but luckily I had all that she needed to get it processed and she even FedEx the check to me before I moved. Finally someone that cared about what they do!!

Original review: April 15, 2021

I filed a claim, got an email of the service provider, ok great for automated systems!

I called the service provider after hours because my water heater broke. He said they don't work after hours but he can book me for Friday morning since they're all booked out but doesn't ask for my info, who I am nor my address! Then he attempts to ask what's wrong with it, "he can diagnose over the phone" - I said its leaking at the top and the pilot won't light, I have no hot water and I have little kids. He said if I send him the tags he'll just order a new one to replace it and will bring it Friday vs coming to diagnose it then wait again until Monday to replace it. I said that's fine. I called CS as well to see if anyone can come out sooner, the CS rep did not want to help and kept saying just wait, this is NOT a 911 and the service provider already answered me. I called the next day, now there is nothing until Tuesday! Really, that's nearly a week! They said they only have ONE provider!! In Sacramento?!

I told Systems Protect to cancel my services and membership period. A new rep said it was unacceptable that I got this experience and got me a new service provider, the same service provider called me again and said NO nothing until Monday now. I called Systems Protect back again, they said they only have ONE provider. I said again, then cancel everything, the new rep cancels my membership but said "but you know you could have booked with someone and we'll reimburse it" - Keep in mind she already cancelled me. I asked to speak to a manager, she said they don't have time.

Cinch Home Services response

Pang - We're sorry that this has been your experience and regret for any inconvenience caused. My team would like to review your claim and see how we can help. Please respond with your full property address and a member of my team will investigate and follow up with you directly. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: March 31, 2021

I purchased the highest tier warranty available from Cinch Home Services, covering appliances and systems, over the phone. I was told my deductible would be $50. I was never sent a copy of the contract, despite calling to request it several times.

The first time I had to call for service, it took TWO MONTHS just to get them to enter a service request.

The next time, we went without heat for over a week in 30 degree weather when our central heater blower motor went out. They couldn’t find anyone to do the job, because they treat contractors so poorly (i.e., don’t pay them for months after they complete a job, refuse to cover all of what it takes to complete the repair, etc.).

This time, I had a leak under the kitchen sink and the faucet was broken after a super hard freeze. We went without water in the kitchen for THREE WEEKS because
      1.) I was dismissed and rudely hung up on repeatedly by outsourced, chauvanistic, foreign men who had no grasp of typical English communication. I’m not talking about an accent. I’m talking about the abject inability to communicate using the English language.
      2.) once a service request was actually entered, at 4:00 P.M., and I had paid a $150 (not $50) deductible, they called me 16 hours later at 8:30 A.M. to tell me they couldn’t find a provider and I was on my own to find someone to do the repairs, pay that provider myself, and then PRAY that Cinch would reimburse me in two months.
      3.) When I refused that “option” and asked to speak to someone about canceling, since they’re incapable of servicing my warranty, I was finally transferred to someone who spoke English. I was then outsourced to yet another company, Plus One Solutions, that is somehow TIED to Cinch but also a separate entity, to actually find a service provider.
      4.) Plus One Solutions didn’t get the memo from Cinch that I had a leak under the sink. They were only authorized to cover the faucet, which was the least of the issues. Their solution was for ME to call Cinch AGAIN to get a work order for the leak.

5.) It took two weeks AFTER a plumber agreed to work “just this once” with Cinch before we had water in the kitchen.

6.) Cinch refused to cover a faucet comparable to the one I had. I have a ceramic sink, with no hole on the side for a sprayer. My sprayer was part of the faucet. The cheapest comparable faucet the plumber could find was way more than the $85 limit Cinch placed on him. The part needed to fix the leak in the plumbing was also more than the $25 limit Cinch placed on him.

I had to pay this plumber $170, on top of the $150 deductible I paid Cinch. There’s no point in having a warranty unless they fix the problems, no matter what it costs. I could have just plopped down $320 to get a plumber three weeks before when the problem arose. At least we wouldn’t have had to go without water in the kitchen for three weeks.

Don’t waste your money.

Cinch Home Services response

Andrea - We regret to hear that we have not been providing hassle-free service. Please understand it is not the level of service we aim to provide to our customers. We do appreciate your feedback and bringing this matter to our attention as this will allow us the opportunity to address your concerns. If you would like our assistance to provide better clarification, please respond with your full property address so we can locate your account to review your claims and follow up with you directly. Thank you - Austin

Cinch Home Services Company Information