3.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TotalProtect, along with its parent company Cinch Home Services (formerly Cross Country Home Services), is a leading home warranty provider with 40+ years experience serving customers nationwide. TotalProtect offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more, starting at less than $1 a day. The company offers an industry-leading 6-month guarantee on covered repairs.

TRUSTe Certified Privacy
Customer Certified by Bizrate
180 Day Workmanship Guarantee
B+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

TotalProtect's coverage provides ample protection for your home. With such a wide range of systems and appliances covered, you may end up paying for coverage you don't need, but the plan options and coverage limits really put them over the edge.

PROS

• Generous coverage caps
  • Long guarantee on work
  • Great coverage

CONS

• Higher service fee

Top TotalProtect Home Warranty Reviews

The technicians that came out were polite, knew what they were doing, and got the job done as quickly as possible. I've had very good experiences all the times I've used TotalProtect.

I had a claim on a Sunday afternoon for our air conditioner that was acting up. I had a call from the service company at 8:00, Monday morning wanting to know if they could come out to check my AC unit it. They told me they could be at my place in 20 minutes. It can't get any better than that.

TotalProtect plans

TotaProtect offers three plan options for home warranty coverage. Optional coverage for pools and spas can be added to any plan.

• Appliances Plan: Covers 9 major household appliances
  • Systems Plans: Covers 17 major home systems
  • Combo Plan: Covers all items covered in the appliances plan and the systems plan.

TotalProtect coverage

Between their three plans, TotalProtect services have coverage for all typical household systems and major appliances. In addition, they provide coverage for several items that other home warranty providers don’t cover as part of their standard package, like sump pumps, whirlpool bathtubs, smoke detectors, breaker boxes and interior electrical and gas lines. Having this level of coverage on a standard plan really sets TotalProtect apart from the pack in this area.

All TotalProtect plans also cover rust and corrosion protection and unknown pre-existing condition. This is another way TotalProtect stands out from its competitors.

Covered systems and appliances:

• Air conditioning (2-units)
  • Attic/whole house exhaust fan
  • Microwave (built-in)
  • Plumbing lines
  • Plumbing stoppages
  • Range exhaust hood
  • Refrigerator w/built-in ice and water dispenser
  • Smoke detectors
  • Sump pump
  • Toilets
  • Water heater
  • Whirlpool bath
  • Trash compactor
  • Washer/dryer

Optional coverage: Coverage is available for an additional fee for the following items: faucets, outside gas lines, outside sewer lines, outside water lines, septic tanks including pumping, standalone freezers, surge protection, swimming pools and spas, water softeners and well pumps.

TotalProtect cost

The average monthly cost for a TotalProtect home warranty is between $30–$55. TotalProtect prices are on par with other companies in the industry. The total you’ll pay will depend on your elected plan and the location of your home. In addition to your monthly payment, you will also pay a trade service call fee every time a technician is sent out to your home for a repair. For TotalProtect, this fee is $125, which hovers around $75. With all the extra coverage and higher coverage limits, you’ll have to decide if the higher service call fee is worth those added benefits. Some areas and plans may be eligible for a $75 service fee from TotalProtect, but will be charged a higher monthly fee in return.

PlanService Call FeeAverage Monthly Cost
Appliances$125 per call$31.95 ($383 per year)
Systems$125 per call$40.95 ($491 per year)
Combo$125 per call$54.95 ($659 per year)
* Prices quoted for Houston, Texas. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

TotalProtect Home Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

TotalProtect was already with my home when I purchased it. I've been protected with TotalProtect since 2010. I never had a problem when submitting claims. I haven’t had to submit a lot of claims, but whenever I called, they had somebody usually out the next day. I had a claim once for my water heater that wasn’t producing hot water. I had a claim for my refrigerator when the icemaker wasn’t working. Then, I had an air conditioner claim, and it was a big one. They kept coming out and would keep replacing the parts, and my father ended up purchasing another one because my unit was very old because my house is older. My house is from 1990. I've had my air conditioner replaced in 2013 and they did come out to fix it right away, and the guy was able to do it, which brought the bill down. And then, it stopped cooling.

I've always had very nice people that came here. But I had a problem with my other refrigerator. It wasn’t cooling and the freezer froze up completely where the whole thing was full of ice. So, the guy came out right away, and he said, “I don’t think we can get the part for it but I'll put the request in and we’ll get back to you in a day or two or three days.” So, we did that. They told me that they had scheduled him to come back and he would install the part that I received. So, I called back and told them I didn’t receive any part. So, this went back and forth. Sears was the people that they sent out. And then, the guy was supposed to come, but I kept canceling, and I said, “I don’t have the part. Nobody shipped me a part.” So, then the Sears guy said, “We're not sending him anymore. We're canceling you out. You have to call the warranty people back. And the reason is because we can no longer get this part ‘cause the refrigerator is an older one.”

I called TotalProtect back and it was very difficult to get through. To try to get a human is really the most aggravating part because they would say, “Well, we have your number listed and you're scheduled for an appointment or you're working with such and such. They did not receive the part, so they'll contact you.” However, when I finally got somebody, she helped me. She was a manager and she was phenomenal. She was on top of her game. I really liked her. Once I got her, then I was in the clear. I trusted her completely.

I would still recommend TotalProtect. The thing was if the Sears people would have contacted the protection agency, they would have gotten the part because they were able to get it. So, when they sent another guy out, he came right away, and he said to me Sears did not go through them. He said, “I don't know what they did, but they probably looked on their own.” And in fact, they did get it, but they shipped it to his company where he worked out of Northern Florida. So then, they had to ship it back down here, which he told them to ship it down here, but they didn’t. They shipped it up to where he works. So, after a long time, I finally got it, but it was his problem. So, he worked out that he was having problems at home and that was why he was not able to get here.

I told him I was disappointed because I really liked him. And I said, “All you had to do is be in contact with me and I would have been fine, but you avoided me, and that’s where I was on the phone constantly with the woman who was helping me out." This has been three and a half weeks, which finally, he did come. So, it was resolved. I was gonna call TotalProtect because I couldn’t get an answer and I was getting kind of aggravated. I couldn’t get through and get in the machine until the girl was able to help me. And once that happened, everything was fine.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Mary, Our purpose is to meet your needs always. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and hope to have you as a customer for years to come. Sincerely, Angela

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Someone who has TotalProtect referred me to the company. There been a few bumps but TotalProtect makes sure that whatever I was calling about was definitely being serviced. That's what I like about them. They stick with you through the long haul and that shows their quality. There were a couple of times that they should not have used a company that they referred me to and I expressed that to them. They got someone else and it all turned out well. Overall, they've really been good. I had service on the garbage disposal, my refrigerator, and some plumbing stuff. TotalProtect always put someone. In fact, anytime I have a plumbing issue, I'm pleased to use the same company that they've been referring out to me. That has worked out very well.

My last experience was my refrigerator and unfortunately, I had to have four people. It was the last one that came out that really found the problem. That was really where my highest level of frustration came that I just could not believe that the incident was not found out. Each time if someone came, they said it was being fixed and it was all fine. But by the next day, the same problem was still back. But the fourth person really broke the refrigerator down and thought he fixed it. But when I called and he came back, he did something a little different that no one did before and that ended up fixing the refrigerator.

TotalProtect is a wonderful company that's why I'm using them. In my case, if something wasn't fixed, I had no problem calling back. That's what it's really all about. You keep pushing and insisting what needs to be done until you get something fixed. At some point, because I was frustrated, I told TotalProtect that if they couldn't fix the refrigerator, they needed to just give me one simply for the fact that I have my father who is an elderly senior. I am his caregiver and we keep a lot of medication in the refrigerator.

But with the way my kitchen is configured, I was really hoping not to get a new refrigerator because I would have to have a little bit more space. I was glad that in the end, the refrigerator was fixed. It was just the point in any situation, you are the consumer, you're expecting good customer service and you are paying for a service. I was just determined that I was gonna hang on in there as long as TotalProtect was hanging on in there with me. I wanted it to be done and done correctly.

TotalProtect provides good customer service. Even though I've been the one to initiate calls, I like that it doesn't take a lot for me to tell them that they need to go back to their record or go back to the file and look at the previous notes. I don't know how their system is set up and how it really works, but I think that it's something that needs to be at least at the forefront when you're speaking with the representative of the company especially if it's an incident with someone who is calling back over something that has not been fixed.

When I get someone on the phone, I don't mind giving them a brief synopsis. But I don't wanna have to go totally through step-by-step when there were notes taken. That should definitely be the direction that the representative should be looking at. If they are still not understanding or they're not seeing it clearly enough and they still have additional questions, I don't mind filling that in. But it is a good thing that part of the customer service in relation to when I'm speaking to someone from the company, it's just saying, "Give me a minute. Let me look over, see what it is." They can go from there instead of saying, "Tell me what's going on," when I've already told two or three people that.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Deborah – We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback about our service. We intend to provide efficient claim resolutions and are sorry that was not always the case. We are glad to hear that you’ve received good customer service and have been pleased with your experience overall. Thanks, Angela

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

TotalProtect Home Warranty was Cross Country back in the day which was recommended by my mortgage company since we were a new homeowner. We’ve had it since 1997. I work for a fire department and I was in the military also as a reservist. My wife, not having to do homework, would pick up a phone and just pay the deductible. The only thing annoying about them is that they want their guy to come out and look at the problem, then call and tell them what’s wrong with it so they can approve it.

A great example would be when we called the air conditioner guy, he came out and said that they needed to put in a voltage regulator. Then they came out and said that TotalProtect authorized us to have a voltage regulator and they'd have to pick one up because I was not gonna go buy a $610 voltage regulator and have it on the truck because I can’t take it back until I got approval. They said that based on our description, they knew exactly what was wrong with our system. So that was the only oddity on how their system works. I wish they would let their guys say what needs to be done based on the description of the problem.

Effectively, you have to have the technician write a ticket with a full explanation of what was done. You may say, “I sprung for the $1,200,” and they say, “Our coverage would have been we will replace the component for the material. However, the labor was gonna be this.” I understand that’s how insurance works. They say, “We had to pay the guy $600 and you paid $850, so you eat the $250.” And they send you a reimbursement check. The only problem I run into now is I have a service contract and I shell out a ton of money. Three times a year, they come out and check the units. And because I have a service contract, I have to jump through the hoops if they find something wrong and their technicians just aren’t willing because they have a limited number of hours they can spend on the job.

Since I am a huge people person, I don’t wanna submit claims online and I don’t wanna do automated phone typing, and it takes forever to call them now because they want us to go online and do it. When I get online, they throw out their vendor that’s up next in their queue. If I’ve used somebody before and I want the guys to come back out, I can’t look to see if they’re available. They know what they’re dealing with versus the plumbing company of the day because that was what it is.

But I have been extremely pleased in terms of the quality of work performed and they’ve been timely. It’s like buying a timeshare and I have to figure out how to use it. Once I figured out how to use it, I need to use it. The only thing I see is if it’s a trade service request and not a broken appliance, I'm in a 72-hour wait generally trying to get one of their guys to come out. It was really inconvenient not to have water in our house for 72 hours. Other than that, I’d definitely recommend TotalProtect. My parents bought their retirement home and I said to them that they need to get one of these. And they’re happy.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Roger, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. - Austin

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

TotalProtect Home Warranty is great. If they can cover something, they let me know they can cover it. If they can't cover something, they let me know they can't cover it, or they don't cover it. There's no ambiguity with wondering, so it is a good thing. They explain everything and they listen. They don't rush me off the phone or act like I'm inconveniencing them. Submitting claims is an easy process and they get back to me right away. The send me an email to follow up.

They also give me the number that I'm supposed to have and the referral information along with contacting the referral company, and the company usually contacts me right away. One contractor that they sent was fantastic, but one of them was not so good. Harmony Plumbing was very good. They were on time and diligent. They were experienced and they knew what they were doing. They were in and out and they were awesome.

However, the other contractor, Total Pro Plumbing, messed up my ceiling and they caused a leak in my house. I will never use them again. I'll use TotalProtect, but I told TotalProtect that if I have any other plumbing issue, I don't want that company. Total Pro Plumbing appeared to be nice, but they sent a tech that didn't have experience with fixing. All I had was a bathtub plug that needed to be fixed and that was all they needed to do, but the plumber did it the wrong way. She cracked the pipe underneath and they had to go into the wall and fix it. She caused a leak from upstairs and down to my living room. So, during Christmas, I had part of my popcorn ceiling hanging down above my tree and it was embarrassing.

I couldn't get them to call me back to honor the fix. I said, "I don't wanna report you. Please come back, and you gave me your word you'd fix this." They came back the other day, but they called themselves fixing it. They bought the wrong color of popcorn. Now, there's a huge circle like I have a white filling and there's a beige popcorn circle. I can still see the damage that they did and they got it over my wall, my laptop, my mirror, my floor, and my wall unit. It was a nightmare!

I should have just filed a homeowner's claim, but the guy wouldn't give me his insurance. I said, "Let me have your insurance, so I can file the claim 'cause you guys can't even get this fixed." He said, "Well, we'd like to fix it ourselves. We'd like the opportunity." And I said, "Okay, I'll give you a chance." They came here, but it looks like crap. The popcorn is on my walls and they sprayed it all around everywhere and left with all the crap everywhere. They were nice and very pleasant, but I'm never ever using them again.

I told TotalProtect what went down and they were sympathetic. They listened and they let me know. Unfortunately, they couldn't cover that, which was fine. I had another plumber come in and tell me that the other plumber did it wrong and that she didn't know how to do the removal and the install but did it. She was supposed to go into the wall, behind the pipes, but she tried to do it directly and she banged up my bathtub and cracked the pipe underneath in the wall.

Nonetheless, I would definitely recommend TotalProtect Home Warranty. I tell people from my job that I pay a certain amount and that it's automatic. TotalProtect is worth it and it's something I don't have to think about. I signed up with another company a long time ago and I was sending emails requesting information about the things that they covered or information about what I was paying for because I didn't get the information I got. TotalProtect gave me a welcome package. I got a booklet and it described everything. I had another company a few years back, but they didn't send me anything, yet they took payments out. I finally stopped all the payments. When I signed up with TotalProtect, I thought, "Let me see how this is gonna work," and it has worked fine.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Dorian, Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer service team has provided you with excellent service. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. We are here to help, and will do whatever we can to ensure you have a positive experience in the future. Thank you! – Austin

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I've been using TotalProtect for many years and for the most part, I'm pleased with it and the way they handle their claims. Recently, however, I had a claim that I was not happy with the outcome. Something was mechanically wrong with the electronics in the cleaning mode of my oven, and TotalProtect sent a repair person out. He did what he needed to do, which was great, and they ordered the parts. After the part wasn't available, they gave me the option to either replace the oven or to get a buyout where they would send me a check. But since the item has been eliminated from any other claim service, the buyout certainly made sense.

I determined that the amount of the oven was marginally over $1,000 but TotalProtect was offering me $711 because that's what they pay for it. I couldn't go out and buy it for that, so I tried to negotiate with them. But they wouldn't move on the numbers, so I decided to take the $711. This was back in September this year. They said they would issue a check within the next 10 days and I should receive it within a week or 10 days after that, and that's fine.

Time went by and I did not receive the check, so I called them. They said they could confirm that the check was issued but they didn't know what happened to it. When I called back towards the end of October, it was about four or five weeks already after the check should have been issued. They said they were gonna stop payment and issue another check, and that second check was issued on November 2nd. I received that check very recently and I don't know why the money was held. I would have thought that company that does this on a regular basis would have cut the check and boom, it would have been bought. I would have been compensated and not waited 60 days to be paid. TotalProtect should've overnighted the check and they should've been apologetic. I already waited five weeks and I wouldn't have known if I didn't call to follow up.

Fortunately, I didn't need the money, but somebody else in another circumstance would have needed that money to go out and buy another oven. If nothing happened within the time period when I got the check, I was looking to terminate my contract. I have two homes that I insure with TotalProtect, so they're gonna lose my business on both. But I just sucked it up and got the check and waited for the next business. They performed in the past anyway and I've never had to do this before, so no hard feelings. They've always handled the remedy or repair and replaced whatever they needed to do. I've never dealt with a buyout before, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt that the first check was lost and it just took that long for that to work.

Most of the technicians that TotalProtect had sent out to our home were okay, but I had this plumber with whom I had an uncomfortable situation. My 10 year-old water heater was leaking then and it went off. But that's what we have insurance for, so I called TotalProtect and they sent somebody out that day or the next day. This guy came out and all he wanted to do was check my water pressure. What he didn't know, however, was I'm a general contractor, so I'm somewhat familiar about what he was attempting to do. He went outside and checked my water pressure and told me that it was way too high, which was a lie.

He said that according to my contract, if my pressure is high, I’ve gotta pay for the water heater and TotalProtect doesn't cover it. I said that was not how it was gonna work, so I told him to get the hell out of my house. This plumber never even asked to see the water heater. He just wanted to check my water pressure. His intention was to take the burden off of TotalProtect and put it on me and then deal with me so he didn't have to deal with TotalProtect as an insurance provider. I thought that was a bit of an unethical way to do business. So I called back TotalProtect and they sent another guy out who did it the way it was supposed to be done. He replaced the water heater, no questions asked.

I've had used TotalProtect for other instances as well. I had a control panel that needed to be replaced on my oven and the techs did something with my ice-maker. I think TotalProtect had the garbage disposal replaced too. The techs have been out here over the years, maybe once a year. They also did something about a year or two ago with my air-conditioning. TotalProtect has been very responsible and there hasn't been any kind of a callback situation. So except for those two incidences with the check and the plumber, I have no complaints.

The one with the plumber was not within their control. It was going on behind their back, so they were oblivious to it. But the issue with the check should have been handled a little more responsibly. I understand that checks get lost. I've been in business and those things happen. But when they do, you step up and you make it good and overnight a check and add 10 bucks instead of it going into the system all over again and having to wait weeks. The check from TotalProtect is gonna go out 10 days from now and then, I’m gonna wait another week or 10 days to get check. That's another three weeks that I'm not getting paid, above and beyond the time that I waited for the first check. But I’ve always believed in second chances. TotalProtect didn't screw up anywhere else and overall, they did what they needed to do as I interpreted the contract and their performance in the contract.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Barry,Thanks for sharing! Keep in mind we are here to answer all of your home management questions, even the ones you are uncertain of. - Austin

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Riven Appliance, Nate, was a delight. He worked on the ice maker,found the problem and ordered the part needed, came back when it FINALLY came in replaced it. He was very professional and polite. When the ice started dropping it broke the safety door. I took a picture and sent to him he ordered a new part, then came back and replaced it. I will use him again and recommended him to ALL of my family.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Called with problem with heat pump. Contacted Total protect and they assigned the job to a provider who did not do these units, they only do appliances.

I called them back and they put it on me to find a provider. I found one and they do not like the numbers provided. So they want two business days to find a provider. Now remember we already did this once and they couldn't come up with a provider. So the cycle starts again.

I have been directed to find another provider. They do not find this to be their job.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

David- Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not the level of service we aim to provide our homeowners and would like to assist with expediting your claim. I have located your account and a member of our team will investigate and reach out to you personally. Thank you- Christine

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have been with total protect for about 4 years and this year it was surprising, I was not given the proper service. They kept referring me provider who could not provide the service and i had to do so many calls to total protect to get one service done. Then when I cancel my service due to bad experience they charge me $311 some thing for canceling. When I called to cancel I was told by customer service rep I will only be charges $10.00 for cancellation. Today at 1:25 on 11/14 I get a call from total protect home warranty saying I owe them this money. I tried to explain what I was told and this stupid customer service rep who is no respect at all said my acct will be open. What kind of humanity is this, without listening to me or helping me she was so disrespectful and hand the phone. I would not ever do any services with total protect home warranty they have the worst customer service reps and no respect for their customers. I am not paying that money as this is fraud they give incorrect information to us, they are making money nothing else.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Sandhya, I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that your claim experience was not what you expected. We’d like to have an account services manager reach out to you directly to discuss your concerns, please respond with your full property address and the best time to reach you. - Christine

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have had Total Protect Home Warranty for over two years and paid them every month. Now when I need them they are rejecting my claim and refusing to pay it. They will send a contractor out to your house so you pay the deductible and the contractor can verify the problem. When the contractor verifies the problem and comes back to do the work days later Total Protect will deny the claim and make up some reason why they are not going to pay. They left me with no water to my house for a week jerking me around, then after taking off from work to meet the contractor to do the work they refuse the claim. Then the contractor says if you want the work done you have to pay. Total Protect will make up every reason not to pay and say your contract says this. Which the contract does not say that, they twist it to be something the contract says. I even bought two extra coverage packages that added an extra $20 dollars a month to my bill, so this issue would be covered and I would not have these problems. Total Protect is a Total RipOff

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Dan - I’m sorry to hear that your warranty experience did not go as you expected. As with all warranties, coverage is detailed in the Agreement and there are items and conditions which may not be covered. I have located your account and my team will follow up with you directly to discuss your concerns. Sincerely, Angela

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have had Total Protect Home Warranty for more than 5 years now. For the past 4 years, I have to call at the beginning of winter because something ALWAYS goes wrong with my furnace. The first couple years were not bad. However, last year, I made a claim and it was 2 weeks before my furnace was repaired. Last week, turned the heat on for the first time this year. Everything worked fine until Sunday night. Made a claim first thing Monday morning. Someone is not coming out until this Friday(11/15/2019). And, based on the past experiences, the technician will diagnose the problem, will likely need a part that has to be approved thru Total Protect, which is fine. However, the repair tech won't be able to get the part on their own. They will have to wait for Total Home Protect to order the part and send it to them. Looks like another 2 week period before my heat is on. Needless to say, I am already looking into other Home Warranty Companies. I know that a new company won't help me in this case. But maybe, just maybe, I will find a company that believes in providing on time service as much as they believe in taking my money on time each month.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Raejene, Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We want to help provide an expedited resolution once the diagnosis is completed. I have located your account and my team will follow up with you personally to assist. - Dena

TotalProtect’s coverage exclusions

In some cases, there may be parts or components of a covered system or appliance that are not covered. For example, for central vacuum system coverage, TotalProtect’s contract states they cover motor, relay, switches and wiring for the system, but they don’t cover attachments like hoses, handles and knobs. The contract also states that while they cover doorbells, they do not cover them when they’re part of a larger intercom system. While they cover garage door openers, they do not fix or replace your garage door or the door track assembly.

Pre-existing condition coverage applies only to previously unknown conditions related to mechanical failure of items that are otherwise without damage. This coverage does not extend to manufacturer issue, intentional damage, or damage due to animals and pests.

TotalProtect’s coverage limits

TotalProtect has no set coverage limit per contract term, meaning they don’t limit how much they’re willing to pay out to repair or replace your items. Some of the items available for add-on coverage do have a dollar limit cap, provided below, but even those are fairly generous compared to industry standards.

In addition to the items outlined below, TotalProtect also sets a $1,500 limit per contract term for repair of geothermal or water source systems for air conditioning system repair and allocates a maximum of $1,000 to repair any walls or ceilings damaged in the process of fixing plumbing issues. Wall and ceilings will only be repaired to a rough finish. However, many home warranty providers do not provide even a rough finish repair, so this service is nice to see.

ItemTotalProtect’s coverage limit
Septic pumpingUp to $500/term
Surge protection$500–$1,000, depending on plan level
Swimming pool heaterUp to $1,000/term

TotalProtect claims

You can submit a claim to request a service from TotalProtect 24/7 online or through their toll-free phone number. TotalProtect’s process for submitting a claim and getting a repair completed is relatively simple.

How to request service from Total Protect:

1. Submit a claim directly to TotalProtect online or on the phone.
  2. Contact one of TotalProtect’s approved service partners to schedule your service.
  3. Get your items repaired or replaced.
  4. Pay your service fee directly to the technician at the end of the appointment.

TotalProtect guarantees their technician’s work for 180 days (six months). If you experience the original problem again within this period, they will send a technician to repair it at no additional cost to you. Many other home warranty companies also provide a guarantee or service recall period, but it’s typically 60 days or less. TotalProtect’s 180 days makes them an industry leader in this area.

TotalProtect FAQ

Does TotalProtect require a home inspection?
While a home inspection is not required, TotalProtect does reserve the right to inspect a home before coverage starts. This is typically only put into practice for very old homes.
How do I cancel TotalProtect?
Provided no claims have been made, you can cancel your TotalProtect contract within 30 days of the effective date for a complete refund. To cancel after 30 days, a 10 percent fee will be applied per month. An additional $25 cancellation fee may also apply.
Is there a limit on repairs?
No, there is no limit to the number of service visits you can claim per contract term. There may be a maximum dollar amount cap applicable to certain items. These will be noted in your contract.

Is TotalProtect worth it?

Overall, TotalProtect provides excellent coverage options. Their plans cover items that many other home warranties do not and have generous coverage caps. Their 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee other companies provide, and their monthly rates are very reasonable for the service they provide. TotalProtect is also an industry veteran with over 40 years in business.

TotalProtect Home Warranty Company Information