3.7/5 (284 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services, which offers a variety of products, including the TotalProtect Home Warranty, is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. Cinch offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs. Plus, most plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at $27.99 per month
  • Great coverage
  • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Top Cinch Home Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I made a claim to Cinch for a plumbing issue. They came out quickly and got it taken care of. I had a toilet leak and a shower leak, and they fixed both of them. The tech was grea...

Verified

Submitting claims to Cinch has been really easy. I just go to their site and type in what my problem is. When their techs come out, they ask what the problem is and after I tell t...

Cinch services

Cinch offers three plans — the Appliances Plan, the Built-in Systems Plan and the Complete Home Plan. Each plan comes with standard benefits.

• 180-day workmanship guarantee: If there’s a problem with an appliance or system in the first 180 days after a covered repair, Cinch will fix it again at no additional charge.
  • Protection for preexisting conditions: You won’t have to pay for repairs just because of a preexisting home condition you didn’t know about.
  • Rust and corrosion coverage: Your service request won’t be denied because of rust.
  • New appliance discounts: Cinch can help you save money when purchasing new appliances.
  • Additional home management tools: Plans include $25 toward A/C or refrigerator filters and a free sensor to detect water leaks.

Cinch coverage

Cinch has three levels of coverage. For the best value and highest level of coverage, we recommend the Complete Home Plan. The Cinch Appliances Plan is the most affordable option, and the Built-in Systems Plan offers a moderate level of coverage.

To file a claim with Cinch, you can call the customer service line or file a request through your online account.

Cinch Appliances Plan
Cinch’s most affordable plan has coverage for the following items:
  • Clothes dryers
  • Clothes washers
  • Cooktops
  • Dishwashers
  • Food centers (built-in)
  • Free-standing ice makers
  • Microwaves (built-in)
  • Ranges
  • Range exhaust hoods
  • Refrigerators
  • Trash compactors (built-in)
  • Wall ovens
  • Smoke detectors
  • Sump pump
  • Toilets
  • Water heater
  • Whirlpool/jetted tub (built-in)
Cinch Complete Home Plan
The Cinch Complete Home Plan covers everything in both the Appliances and Built-in Systems Plan to give you the most comprehensive protection. The plan includes Cinch's Homeowners Insurance Deductible Reimbursement, which reimburses a customer up to $500 when they have to pay a deductible in a covered homeowners insurance claim. This can be used on one claim per year.

Cinch cost

Cinch plans range in cost from $27.99 per month to $61.99 per month. Costs vary based on where you live and the deductible you choose. Cinch has three deductible, or service call fee, levels: $100, $125 or $150. Expect a higher monthly cost if you choose a lower deductible.

PlanService call feeAverage monthly cost
Appliances$150$34.99/mo
Built-in Systems$150$39.99/mo
Complete Home$150$49.99/mo
Prices quoted for Houston, TX. Prices may vary by location. Request a free quote to receive pricing for your location.

Cinch FAQ

How can I manage my Cinch plan?
You can manage your Cinch plan from your Cinch account online, which lets you download your contract, open a service request and update your information.
Does Cinch have a workmanship guarantee?
Yes, if a problem resurfaces within 180 days after the covered repair, Cinch makes a new repair at no cost to you.
Are there limits on repairs?
Yes, in some cases there are limits to the amount Cinch will pay to repair specific items.
Is Cinch a new home warranty company?
No. Cinch Home Services was previously known as Cross Country Home Services and sold warranties under the TotalProtect brand. The company recently changed its name to highlight its commitment to making owning a home easier.
Does Cinch offer any other coverage?
Cinch offers multiple add-on options, including coverage for:
  • Pool: This covers multiple pool parts, including above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, filters, air pumps and the blower motor. Pool heaters are covered for up to $1,000 per year.
  • Spa: Spa coverage also covers the same parts as pool coverage — above-ground accessible plumbing lines leading to and from the unit, air pumps, blower motor, filters and more.
  • Pool with spa: This plan combines pool and spa coverage for homeowners who own both.
  • Septic tank/plumbing: Septic tank coverage includes the sewage ejector pump, tank pumping and septic tank. Cap limits apply.
  • Well pump: This add-on covers the above ground well pump, booster pump and more.
  • Premier Upgrade Package: The Premier Upgrade Packagae is only available for customers who chooose Complete Home coverage. The add-on helps cover costs not normally covered under a home protection plan, including permits and code upgrades, for up to $1,000 a claim. Cap limits apply. For Florida residents, the package provides coverage in accordance with Florida Statute §634.346.

Do we recommend Cinch?

We highly recommend the coverage Cinch offers. Its three plans, in particular the Complete Home Plan, offer great coverage at affordable rates. The 180-workmanship guarantee is two to three times as long as the guarantee provided by its competitors. We also like that it has several ways to open a service request.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: May 5, 2021

My most recent claim was for my dryer. I called the night before and the guy came the next morning. It turned out it was a minor problem and he fixed it. The dryer is as good as new. Before that, I had a situation with my stove. It was a major disaster problem. The heating element went on fire. It was smoking like a soldering iron and then it had some flames. I called Cinch immediately. They told me that it wasn't covered and that they weren't gonna do anything. This went on for about a week or so. Then I got pissed off and I called my attorney. I then called Sears in wherever that suburb of Chicago is, and I threatened them with legal action if they didn't take care of this. I told them I was going to take a full-page ad out in the Chicago Tribune explaining what my situation was.

Miraculously, a week or two later, I got a call and said, “Oh, yeah. They're gonna take a look at it.” But there's nobody in my area because of the pandemic. Finally, we found a place called the EW Russell. The fire department had to come and they put the stove outside. The stove was outside for about a month. When EW Russell came, they looked at it and said it can't be repaired and they put the paperwork through. We were about six weeks in that I didn’t have a stove and then I got a call and I got the check. Everything worked out. When I finally did order the stove, I had to wait two more weeks for it to be delivered. So I went two months without a stove, which kind of sucked.

I was very disappointed with the stove claim. But the little situation with my dryer three weeks ago was outstanding. So I'm going to give Cinch the benefit of the doubt because of the pandemic, but they shouldn't have denied the claim first thing. But the technicians from EW Russell and the guy that came to repair the dryer were fantastic. They were professional and courteous. They wore a mask. They knew what they were doing.

Cinch Home Services response

Ronald - Please know that your first interaction with Cinch during your stove claim is not the level of service we aim to provide our valued customers with. We’re glad to hear we were able to resolve your concerns and that your second interaction with your clothes dryer claim was much smoother. We aim to provide fast and professional service vendors on all of our service visits, and we truly appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, Austin

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I got a new refrigerator and a new AC through Cinch but the process is a pain. For most of the places you talk to, you're speaking to people where English is probably their third language. It's hard to understand what they're saying and to get across what I'm saying. That's the biggest hindrance to filing the claims. Once the claim is in, usually it works pretty good but sometimes you get a good tech and sometimes you don't. I had problems with the second unit that I have. The first tech that came out was an older gentleman. Maybe he could fix a dog house but I don't think he's an air conditioning guy. He told me that the only thing wrong was it's a real old unit and all the wiring from the thermostat to the unit was bad that had to be replaced. That was wrong. I told him to go ahead and do it and he said, "We don't do that. It's an electrician's job."

On my own, I called up a company not in the warranty. They sent a young fellow out and he said there was nothing wrong with the wiring. He also said the unit is old and there were some bare wires up there and maybe they shorted. He said he took care of it. That worked for about a couple of months. Then Cinch sent out another one from the same company that the first one was from. He was a younger fellow. He said the wiring was pretty bad. It's an old unit and they probably couldn't find parts for it. He said, "I got it kind of jerry-rigged up that it should work for a while, but don't plan on getting it through the summer."

I called again and Cinch sent out someone from a company called Nationwide. He went up on the roof and looked around. A couple hours later, he came back and said, "It needs four parts and that'll be fine." I said, "They can't find parts ‘cause everyone told me it's too old." He said, "No. We can find the parts." He came back two days later, put the parts in and it's running perfect. Cinch is a good program but there are some things that they need to address. When I had the refrigerator go out, it took two weeks to get a new one. I lost all the food in the freezer and in the refrigerator. There should have been something done within two days, not two weeks.

Cinch Home Services response

Don, We’re disappointed to hear that you experienced problems with our Customer Service team. We are always working to improve our customer experience and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback from your experience. Have a great day! - Austin

Original review: April 21, 2021

When I was noticing some noises in my unit, the repairman came and looked at it but couldn't replicate it. When the unit was making more noise about a month and a half or so later, they could hear the noise. They ordered the parts right there and it came fairly quick. Between three and five days, they were back again to try to repair it. But the unit needed additional parts and the repairman submitted those requests but the warranty company denied those and stated they were going to replace it. That took a little bit longer and I thought I would hear back a little bit sooner as to the status of what was going to happen with the unit. I reached out to the repairman and he was the one that gave me the number to the warranty company. I initiated the call to find out what the next steps were after being told that they were going to replace it. It took about a couple of days to find out what was going to happen and that was me reaching out and getting ahold of them.

We went out and picked the unit. I opted for the cashout and about two days later, I got something in an email stating that Sears was going to replace the unit. I had already talked to them about it so it was probably an automated thing that stated that they found a unit to replace it with. I clicked it to see but that unit was out of stock. I'm not sure what would have happened at that point if we had decided to go with a replacement by the company.

They did state that they're going to send a check and were going to follow up with an email. I haven't yet gotten that email confirmation but on another email, there was a link that says if you wish to cash out, click it. I went ahead and clicked it and that went to a faulty site. They said expect a check in the mail in about 7 to 10 days and if I don't see anything after that point, I'll be giving them a call.

Cinch Home Services response

Armando, We are sorry to hear that your claim did not go as quickly as you expected. Please know, we appreciate the valuable feedback you have provided, and we are constantly working on upgrading our processes in order to become more efficient and provide a better customer experience. We hope to continue meeting your home warranty needs for many years to come! - Austin

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

When I logged into my account to do a work order, I found out that it was not the company I had. I thought it was a scam because it defaulted that account to Cinch. That took me off guard, especially with so much phishing and stuff that had been going on with people stealing your information on the internet. I didn't know if it was a real company or not. So I was hesitant but when I called them, they said that they were the same company. I was able to maneuver on their website because I'm tech-savvy. But other people may not be able to do it because they're not familiar with how it’s set up and they would be a little frustrated.

I usually trust who TotalProtect sends because they usually send Sears or somebody I know. I prefer names that I'm familiar with because I know the warranties and I know the customer service. I know the people have had background checks. But when they sent this one company one time called Flowertown, I wasn't impressed with it. I wasn't satisfied with that company as far as the work that they did and what they said was covered. But if I request Sears or if I request it, they don't ever have a problem with who I request. They'll just tell me that it's going to take a little longer. What TotalProtect did was they tried to send the person who could get to me quickly but not necessarily a name that I was familiar with.

I have recommended TotalProtect to my family members and to friends. The only issue that I tell them is that it has an extremely high deductible. When I first had TotalProtect my deductible was $60. Then, all of a sudden, the deductible went to $125 for the exact same coverage which they never clearly explained to me. Now since it has been Cinch, I still have the same coverage because they've charged me the same deductible of $125 last month. Also, when I first started out, the monthly fee was probably about $45 a month and then it went to $56 a month.

Cinch Home Services response

Cassaundra - We are always working to improve our customer experience and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We ensure it will be forwarded for further review. In an effort to keep premiums low, we did need to raise the deductible required for service due to rising claim costs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we're happy to hear that overall you’ve been pleased with the service you’ve received. - Austin

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Submitting a claim is a pretty simple process and up to the last one, I've never had any complaints. You never know who you're gonna get but you're hoping that the people that TotalProtect has a contract with are good and professional. I wasn't crazy about my last experience. The tech was kinda in and out certain things. He had to look for parts. But I've noticed other contractors that I’ve had would ask the make and model. Then, if you describe what the problem is, they would state what could be the issue and they would probably have the item with them.

With this last experience, the tech didn't know what to look for. I asked him if he wanted the model number. He said, “Well, usually we don't ask for that. Because sometimes, it's a hassle for the people.” I told him it was a washing machine with dryer and it was pretty easy to see. You lift up the hood and you see the model number. I had all that ready for him. But he said no. He said he had to order the item, which took almost about two weeks before callback. I had to follow back up with him.

When the tech came back again, he had the hose. So it wasn't something he had to order again because once I said it was leaking, he said he got a longer hose. He said, “What was happening is when it got to the spin, because the hose is a little shorter, it just shook it out of place.” So he could get me a hose the next day. But the first time, I had to wait two weeks for both things.

When the tech left, there was still water all over the place. So he did a quick job and didn’t test it. When I called to explain that it was doing the same exact thing and something was wrong, he was kinda like trying to rush me off the phone. It was poor customer service on the part of the company. Also, when he left, the place was dirty. I expected him to mop and sweep up the dirt. So that was the first time that I was not happy with the experience. But the process itself as far as calling and making the claim, and then picking the company for me to call, wasn't bad. So far, TotalProtect has been doing fine. The turnaround is good.

Cinch Home Services response

Lynnette-Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to her that your experience with one of our service partners was less than satisfactory. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know that overall, you were pleased with our service. Thank you for being a loyal member! - Angela

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I called the dispatcher and they sent Sears. The tech said, "Your system is not one that we can work on. It's a fur-down unit and we don't work on fur-downs. We're gonna have to hand it back to the dispatch." Dispatch said, "Okay. Well, it's not them. It's got to be the other company.". They referred my claim to Fixed and they came a week later. The tech started working on the unit and every time he resolved something, he found something else that eventually, they were gonna be spending a lot more money fixing every six months than just replacing altogether now.

Cinch Home Services response

Kevin - We are happy to hear you’ve been pleased with the service you received. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. – Dena

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

My stuff keeps on not being fixed and the providers keep on canceling the appointments and rescheduling them. I've had a few times where I've had somebody at my home over the age of 18 and then they don't show up or they wait till the end of the timeframe and they cancel the appointment. One time, I had to put a recall on the washing machine because it's still not fixed. The person never ordered the belt for my dryer from the last time he was here. I keep on having to schedule different appointments. Also, I have several different things and they're not combining them into one appointment. There was also when I put a service call on my cooktop and they only provided me $1,000 for a cooktop, which cost $2,000 to replace.

Cinch Home Services response

Leana - We aim to provide a seamless claim experience and are disappointed to hear we have not met your expectations. My team would like to review your claims and follow up personally to address your concerns. Please reply with your full property address and a team member will reach out directly. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

The claim process is smooth and I'm happy. One of the cooktops was not working. I put the work order online, paid a $100 deductible and they approved. The techs came within a 72-hour timeframe. They ordered the parts and the next week, they replaced the parts. But the first time I ordered, my work order was given to E.R. Appliance and they sucked. They didn't have any respect. They ordered and replaced the parts of my fridge but it was still not working. So I called them and they said, "Okay, we’re gonna do additional work.”. I called Cinch and they said okay. After that, I waited one more month and E.R. doesn't receive my phone calls. I called with my wife's number and they received that. Then, the rep hung up. They don't have the minimum honor for the customer. For one month, my fridge was not working. I have a baby who drinks milk so it was so bad at that time. I ended up with another service pro and they fixed my fridge right away.

I definitely recommend Cinch. It's very good. It's easy to put in the work order.

Cinch Home Services response

Monjur, We're glad we had the opportunity to make things right when you had an issue with one of our service providers. We strive to make your home management needs easy and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

The claim submission process is easy. Although, I find it irksome that before I can even get a response for repair, Cinch charges the $100 fee upfront and I may not get a repair person for two weeks. I would prefer to have some options before paying the deductible upfront all of a sudden. Otherwise, it's been fine. Their process is pretty streamlined. But I'm not exactly happy with who Cinch referred us to. It's not the best experience. The folks that they sent us have taken a lot of time getting to us and getting the issue repaired. On top of that, they had to come back because the repair didn't work the first time.

Cinch Home Services response

Nicole, We value feedback from longtime customers, and appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your overall experience. We strive to have an effortless claim process, and are glad to know you’ve had such an easy time submitting a claim. Thank you for being a loyal customer, and we hope to satisfy your home warranty needs for more years to come! - Austin

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

They respond right away when submitting a claim and they set me up with the persons I need to talk to and who are gonna give the service. The contractors have been excellent so far.

Cinch Home Services response

Jose, It’s always our intention to assign trusted experts to our homeowners claims to ensure we provide a seamless claim experience. We appreciate your 10 years of loyalty to Cinch and hope to service your needs for many more years! Sincerely, Austin

Cinch Home Services Company Information