Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The realtor recommended getting a home warranty. He said it's been a godsend to a lot of people. The lady who owned the house before us had TotalProtect and when we bought the house, she gave me the information. We signed right up and later found out it had a good rep. I submit claims online and as far as I can tell, the process is full-proof. I go on the internet to log in, say what's wrong and then, they usually get back to me within 24 hours and within 48 hours, it's fixed. We haven't had anything like furnaces but we've had several appliances like washers, dryers, door openers and dish machine.

What really impressed me is they do not send out some handyman. They send out Sears or real companies to fix the stuff and it's amazing. They're professional and all of them have been extremely friendly and polite. The gentleman that came out a few weeks ago for the dish machine had fixed the machine years ago with the original owner and he remembered the house and the machine. It was so nice to have that continuity because you never know who's really coming and when you get somebody that's been here before and he's so friendly, it takes some of the fear out of doing this. You also hear horrible stories from Craigslist but TotalProtect eliminates all that problem. They send somebody and they guarantee it.

Also, their work exceeds expectations. They fix the problem and issues that they've noticed are gonna happen like one time, the technician noticed the clogged drain so he cleared that for me. When they do stuff like that for you, it's really nice. Then, I look at the bill and I'm saving hundreds of dollars each time one of these guys walk in the house. Everything is fixed right the first time. It's awesome and I'm very pleased. The reps may call to ask a question but they're very polite and courteous and it's a non-issue.

It's so pleasant to not have to worry about Angie's List if you're gonna get ripped off or if it is gonna get fixed. There may be some out-of-pocket, depending on the issue like when we had the water heater replaced, that was very upfront. But they explained everything and you can always say no. But, I'm a little bummed about the $100 service call. It used to be about $70 so, that keeps going up but so does everything else. All in all, TotalProtect is well worth the price and you're crazy not to do it, especially if your home is 10 or 15 years old.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I thought I'd give TotalProtect a shot after hearing about them. So far, my experience in submitting a claim with them has been good. Their reps were nice and able to answer all my questions and the technician’s work was excellent. I’d recommend them to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

With TotalProtect, I haven't had any problems in getting things fixed. I call them and they were very friendly. Also, the technicians that they sent out did quality work. Over a month ago, my brand new dishwasher went out on me and TotalProtect replaced it. I paid them $75 and that was all it cost me. They do what they say and I'm really happy with them.

I am going to try and not be emotional with this review. I like to pride myself in my understanding of processes and procedures, however, dealing with this company is painful. I will say that the customer service representatives are very cordial and at least pretend to be understanding and sympathetic. I have had this company as a home warranty since March 2011. I was always afraid to file a claim because the cost of the deductible would typically be more than the cost for me to repair the issue myself. When it came to my pool pump, that was a different story. Toward the end of last year, I had issues with my pool motor going out. It took almost 3 months to resolve this issue. I was finally provided with a new pool motor, but not after having to go through three separate contracted companies, one of which removed a part and denied it, took my deductible and never followed up with the warranty company. On to my current issue. My filtration system on my pool. It has been several weeks since I contacted Total Home Protect to file a claim on this issue. At first I was told I did not have pool coverage (this sounded funny), so I hired another company to come diagnose my issues. I phoned Total Home Protect again and tried to verify my coverage. The informed me that at my annual renewal (less than a month prior), my coverage changed because they no longer offered the plan I was on. So they renewed my coverage (excluding pool coverage), and increased my deductible from 65.00 to 125.00 a month. In previous years, at my renewal period, I was provided with information indicating that unless I wanted to make changes, I didn't need to do anything. This year was the same, only they failed to inform me of the changes THEY made without my consent. Through several calls to customer services, I was able to add pool coverage (with an additional $240.00 paid immediately) and file my current claim (125.00 deductible). Before I added the coverage, I verified with membership services that all of the parts that I was needing would be covered. I listed each one individually and I was told "yes, it is covered". Flash forward to claim denial of those parts I previously was told were covered (mind you, I have not received any coverage information for the pool since it had to be added back on). I have spent almost every day for the past 4 weeks trying to get this resolved. Phone calls were pulled...they verified that I was told the parts were covered but they say "we're sorry the customer service representative misinformed you". Where is the accountability? Why should I have to pay for their mistake? Additionally, I live in Arizona and just 2 weeks without a filtration system...the pool looks as though aliens landed and had babies in my pool. In the 6 years I have had this pool, it has NEVER looked like this. The costs I am going to have to FIX this issue because it wasn't and still hasn't been handled in a timely manner. I now have to drain my pool, and do a chlorine bath to remove the staining caused by the algae - I don't even know the cost involved with that one yet. I have had to purchase parts on my own that they are now telling me aren't covered (though they initially told me they were = $350.00). The company they had come out didn't even address all of the issues I filed on the claim. An attempt was made to stop a leak at the canister by replacing the bolts when the company I hired indicated it needed to be replaced completely. The new bolts after 2 days are spraying water onto my electrical components. The initial issue was debris going back into the pool from the filter. Small particles of DE. The issue now (after they came to look at it) is torn grids (the part they are refusing to replace though I was told they were covered), cracked manifold, cracked backwash valve, leaking at the clamp for the canister lid, etc. I am beyond frustrated with this process. I Highly recommend you re-consider this company when shopping for home warranty needs. This isn't the only negative interaction I have had with them. The pool pump last year took several months to resolve. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We call into TotalProtect to start a claim. Sometimes, we talk to a person, sometimes we go through the automated system. It depends on the time of the day. And then they will contact us back with who the claim has been submitted with, which company is going to fulfill the claim. Normally, that company will contact us the same day to set up an appointment. And then once the appointment is there, they'll come out and do the work. They'll contact TotalProtect to get approval to do the work once they've done their assessment. And then, TotalProtect usually follows up about a day later to find out if there was any issue with the work.

The last claim we had was about a garbage disposal last month. We called it in over the weekend and on Monday, we got contacted by the company and had an appointment for the following day on Tuesday. In that past, it has normally been within a day or two that we have someone out to address the problem but they came out after lunch on Tuesday and they were on site for about 45 minutes and that was it. Their quality of work was great. There were two gentlemen from the company that came out and they knew what they were talking about. We haven't had an issue with our garbage disposal since. TotalProtect is a professional organization that does whatever they can to help us get our claim completed in a timely manner.

Resolution In Progress

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Barbra - thanks for sharing your experience. We regret to hear that your latest clams were not approved, please know that we adhere to the warranty Agreement when determining covered and non-covered failures. While we understand that these experiences did not meet your expectations, we appreciate you taking the time the share. Sincerely – Tanya

Original review: April 7, 2017

I first purchased this warranty in 2007, for the first several years they were great. However, for the past two years every claim has been a battle. The customer service reps are always polite, but they are helpless to keep the customer happy. I will be cancelling my policy after this latest experience with them. They try not to cover anything now, when previously they really tried to help.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a stove gone bad last year and what it was, was a memory. The repairman came out and he was from Sears Repair company that TotalProtect contract with. He took the part, went through it and saw what it was. Then he went through everything he could to get the part and he wasn't able to, so they replaced the stove. Also, we had a blower motor gone out on the furnace a couple of years ago and they replaced that. Then we've had problems with the air conditioning and the last guy who came out said that it's a brand new one so they used top of the line parts. I've been very satisfied with TotalProtect that's why I stuck with them and I'm not gonna get rid of them. I've already recommended TotalProtect to a couple people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I decided to look into acquiring a home warranty in order to avoid excessive expenses with repairs. Total Protect was recommended by my mortgage company. Submitting a claim is easy with them. You can do it online or you can call. You then get a call from the service provider to set a time for them to come out. Total Protect is efficient and it works well. The last service provider who came did a garage door opener. He was knowledgeable and on time. Moreover, the quality of his work was very good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Whenever I file a claim I would call TotalProtect to let them know what I need work done. They would give me a claim number and a company that I can contact to have the work done at my house. Once they come out I pay a one-time $75 fee or if it's something that they do not cover then I would have to pay that out of pocket. And once they're done they contact me back and sometimes I get a call from them to find out how things are. All of the technicians were friendly. If I had a question, they answered it and sometimes they would explain things to me even if I didn't ask a question. That way I would know what they are doing. I haven't had any problems with them and I have recommended them to several people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Several years ago when we refinanced our home, the mortgage company that we went with gave us some information on TotalProtect. We've renewed several times with them. I usually call in my claim and the reps make a note of the claim. Then they will get in touch with some local contractor, whether it's electrical or plumbing, to come out and take a look and see what the problem is. There's a deductible of $100, but it used to be a $75. And if they can repair it, they will let TotalProtect know.

We've had to replace the dishwasher, microwave and the refrigerator. TotalProtect will say that they'll give X number of dollars to replace this and give me the make and model of the equipment. If I don’t like that, then I'll go out and buy what I need, and they’ll just pay me what it was gonna be allowed on the others. The last two times that we had someone out, one was for the replacement of the dishwasher and the other for an electrical problem with the light switch. It was the same service people and they were very nice people, a husband and wife team. They're just about capable of doing anything electrical and did excellent work.

But TotalProtect's main problem is the ability to contact someone in this area to look at the problem. They're on the East Coast, we're out here in Montana and the service people are few and far in between. When the refrigerator was not working, it took them a while to get somebody out here. In the meantime, I've got to have a refrigerator so I went out and bought a refrigerator on my own. Nobody had taken a look at it, and so they said that they couldn’t pay the claim. But eventually, they told me that I can't do without a refrigerator. They couldn’t get someone out here to look at it, so they understood the situation. They ran it through some of their people and reimbursed me for the refrigerator. But overall, I would recommend TotalProtect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got TotalProtect for the convenience that I pay it together with my home mortgage. It is easy to submit a claim and I'm familiar with the people. I had to do another electrical claim several months ago because the people who came out did something to one plug and then another one went out on the same line. They had somebody come out from Fort Worth, Texas because there's nobody close in my area who works for TotalProtect. They found the problem and everything worked. The experience has been good and until I have another problem, I'm satisfied. I can't really complain except last summer, when my air conditioning went out, it took at least 30 days before the part came in because the contractors had to wait for TotalProtect to send it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my house built back in 2005 and we found out about TotalProtect online. We have a lot of appliances and rather than having to replace them any time they break down, its better to just be able to call somebody and have them come out and fix it for a small deductible. I give them a call, tell them what's wrong, what the product is. Then they give me a claim number. They either call the contractor to come do the work or they set it up automatically for the contractor to call me, or they'll give me their number and tell me to call the contractor myself. So it really depends on who it is. And usually, they get to your home within 48 hours from whenever you call.

The quality of work is spotty, it's hit or miss. I've had some people come out and do just kind of average work. It's not people coming out from TotalProtect doing the work; it's the subcontractors that they use. I've had somebody come out to fix my stove and he was okay. I've had people come out to fix my air conditioner, and that was pretty good.

It's worked pretty well for me so far. The amount I paid in premiums over the years that I've had it, I probably couldve just bought new appliances. But who knows if those would have broken down either. It's worth it. It's like any insurance though. It's like one of those things you hope you never have to use. But if you do, it's just there. It's only about $40 a month. I see it come out of my account and everything every month. Then sometimes I'm like, "Why am I paying for this?" But then when something breaks down, I'm like, "That's why I'm paying for that."

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend had a good experience with TotalProtect, so I decided to get a home warranty with them, too. What I like about it is that I spread my costs over monthly and over time, so if anything goes wrong and I have a big problem with any of my appliances, such as the dishwasher, the clothes washer and dryer, and the stove, and they'll send somebody down to fix it. There's a deductible of $125, aside from the $58 a month that I pay, but I'm not going to be out of pocket for the whole repair cost. I have expensive things in my home and everything is electronic now, and that's what I was concerned about. In fact, I just replaced my water heater. But I have that covered now, and that cost $1,800 to repair. So, it's like an insurance policy. To submit a claim, I just call up TotalProtect. So far, the technicians they have sent out have been good and everything seems to be working properly with them right now. So I'm satisfied and I would recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect was simple and their reps were fine although I have an issue with their reliability. One time, I needed my refrigerator replaced and it's an emergency because I have medication. In the first process that I went through, they ordered me one and they said the process would take four days. I called them after 1 week went by but the shipper told me that they know nothing about it being ASAP and if they delivered it, it would have to come on a big truck and they needed a forklift brought in to unload it which would cost more money. And they also don't install.

The people that I talked to said that they can't do it locally because they want to order at wholesale and save money, and it has to be shipped to somebody to be installed which takes time. Then they have to wait for the installer to get a hold of it. While I'm waiting for it to come in, a big truck showed up at my house the other day and it had the refrigerator on it, which was the one they ordered from the first place that never got canceled. So, I had to deny that and I'm still waiting for the other one. However, I've been waiting for over four and half weeks now and I still haven't got it. But I'm still happy with them and I wanna give the most credit towards their customer service courtesy.

I have had this company for several years and was satisfied. However, I recently had a control board on a dual fuel Jenn-Air range fail. Sears was dispatched, identified the issue and had to send the board out for repair because ON 13 mar 2017 BECAUSE "A REPLACEMENT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE".

The board was then sent to the wrong address and was lost. My major appliance has been OOC for 3 weeks and now, after many calls, they advised that they are taking another 10 days to see if they can find a board somewhere else even though the manufacture doesn't make it. In no way should you pay for a home warranty, have a major appliance fail and have to wait well over a month for relief. My guess is after they realize they can not get it that it will take another 10+ days to get a replacement. I have spoken to their call center about 8 times in the last week. Every call is like ground hog day and they end up sending me to a barely English speaking person at Sears where we start over and go no where. Requests for a supervisor go unanswered and I was told I had to write a letter to their corporate if I want to speak to someone else. WORTHLESS!

As a Total Protect (Mess) customer and very soon ex customer. I have to say that Total Protect is a horrible service provider. Their Service Department is incompetent. I signed up for Total Protect thinking it would be a good value. It turns out it's almost a rip off and non-sense, besides most of their providers are scary at least for me in MInnesota. I had a service call in August for my A/C. They had to bring into my home 3 different service providers (One was not enough to figure it out). The first one was incompetent and I contacted Total Protect right away because something did not add up. The guy showed up scared and he told me he was a trainee . As a result, I asked a different service provider. After so many calls and so much time wasting on the phone. They scheduled a different provider. They concluded the second provider was too expensive and the 2nd provider is out the door and they told me watch what Total protect does next... Then, I was for a new surprise and they sent another provider. Total Protect only paid a small portion of the claim which was contrary to their Service Agreement. Unless you want to get a law degree and fight them in court for all their lies and legal language. Keep in mind, I interviewed 3 of the best service warranty providers. It seemed that Total Protect, had the best coverage for the money. NOT TRUE, because I found out when I needed them I was at their mercy. I can't tell you how many calls I have made, I can't tell you how many letters I wrote and NOTHING! You are better off to stay away from Total Protect. Their name should be TOTAL MESS!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect called me and I decided to go along with them. It's been so good to me so far. The only problem I had was with the company they sent out when my heater went out. They had to drive about 50 miles to get here but I know a guy that was right close to me. I recommended him but they said something about a list. But I know they had sent him once some years ago. Maybe they need to update their system. On the other hand, their representatives that I've called to submit my claim are good, very helpful and they had their way to try to help me get some heat back in my house in the winter time. Also, the technician was very good and excellent when he came by and serviced. It's been great and I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve had a really horrible experience with TotalProtect for the last couple of weeks. Our hot water heater had a small leak in the bottom, so we called in a claim and they gave us a plumber to contact. That plumber came out, took a look at it and said they needed to be replaced. So he got the information and they were putting me in a replacement. He said that it's going to take about two business days before they get it and most likely he'd be able to have it again and then install it on Wednesday. Then on Tuesday, our heat went out the second time in a couple of weeks. So we called and did a claim on that one and they gave us the same guy who was going to install the hot water heater.

The tech said he was going to come in Wednesday to look at the heater and he thought he knew what probably happened, it was the motor that he installed the last time. It might have blown out the electrical panel. So he'd be out in the morning and that's when he was coming out to change our water heater anyway. He then said that he couldn't come out to do the hot water heater because he had to install somebody else's furnace, but he would come out to look at the heat. So when he came here with another gentleman, he looked at the heater and got it fixed and running. He then said he would be back tomorrow which was Thursday, to install the hot water heater.

But he never called or came in on Thursday. I was out of town so my wife tried to contact him, but he didn't respond. So she continued to try on Friday. She had to call the home warranty company again. The tech must have gotten word somehow, so he contacted my wife and said that his back was killing him from foot and there's no way he's going to be able to come and put it in until Monday. So when I came home late Friday night. When I woke up on Saturday, my wife said “There's a lot of water in the basement. That hot water's really leaking now." The hole became even bigger. And then it wound up literally soaking all the carpet and the walls.

So I got on the phone to call TotalProtect and said, “We have another problem because this guy didn't come in and install this. Now I have water all over the place. So who is going to be responsible for fixing that mess now?" They said that they're not responsible for that stuff and that I need to talk to the vendor. So I called the guy, but he didn’t answer his phone. I also left a message saying that he has to clean up all the stuff now that it’s damaged because he didn’t come when he was supposed to come.

He called 5 minutes later and said his back was hurting and he couldn’t get in. He said he told my wife that he won't be here 'till Monday. I said my home’s a mess. He said if I have a problem with that, he’s not responsible. And that I can call my warranty company. I told him that they told me to call him. He then said “I’ll call them right now and I’ll be there Monday to install.”

I called TotalProtect back and explained the situation. They called me back and said the contractor can no longer install the water heater at all. He refused to come down and install it. They told me that I had an option that I could find somebody myself and then they would reimburse it. I asked if I opened another claim, how long was I going to wait. The rep said the guy needed to return the hot water that he picked up first and then they’ll install that one. It can’t be installed until he returned it. The rep also said that she can’t refund the money for the claim until I return the hot water heater either. And that could take up to 20 days.

I’ve already been without hot water for six days and I just needed to get my own thing done. I have seven different businesses, I have a plumber, and one of them doesn’t live too far from my home. So I called him up and explained my situation. I also explained how much money I was going to be getting from TotalProtect. Plumber came in, looked at it and it's all kinds of issues and the bottom line is, it wound up costing me $2400. Total Protect wanted the bill faxed to me, said they were going to look at the bill and they put me in reimburses for the expense in tank if that needed to be replaced then they’ll reimburse that. I said, "Okay. But I don't understand why you're not reimbursing for the cost of the hot water heater?"

He kept coming back and forth with me quoting how I agreed to this money. And that's why they're already going to pay that and they can get hot water heaters at cost 'cause they do it at bulk. Basically, he just argued with me about what his stand was. I deserve a whole day's wage just for dealing with this stuff. And it's so disappointing and I told the guy, "I know this isn't you.” He did a very good job except he didn't have the power to do anything else. Then he said, "Why don't you fax me or scan me an invoice and I'll take it to my manager and we'll see what we can do. So I emailed it to him, but nobody called me. We’ve sent the invoice to him the second time and he still didn’t reply to the email.

I called and left a message and told him that I haven’t heard anything from him. I called again, but didn't hear from him all day. So I'm still in that situation where I have no idea other than the fact that they cut a check for the same amount they said they were going to cut yesterday. So I just want to hear him tell me that it's now closed and that's all I’m getting. It's just absolutely horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had TotalProtect for about five years. They've always done me right except for one time I got upset with them on my air conditioning, but they made it good. I was out of air conditioning for two weeks right after I got out of the hospital with surgery. They came across and did what they say they'd do. The air conditioning guy did a fantastic job and I really liked him. The refrigeration guy was really good, too. In addition, their representatives are great and they're always nice. On the other hand, a guy from Sears came out, fixed the stove but he did a rotten job. But other than that, getting a home warranty was the best move I've ever made and I'm not going to change. I'd definitely recommend TotalProtect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my home warranty set up with my Bank of America mortgage and they sold the company to TotalProtect. I've always had pretty good success with having a request fulfilled and repairs done. Plus, working with the claims rep was pretty good. We talk to them to try to get somebody on the phone to schedule a repair to come out. The only negative experience is when, one time, Sears was hired, but they ended up switching who they're gonna be using and there was nothing scheduled. TotalProtect had kept calling to follow up and it didn't work well. But the technician who fixed the issue has been good and the quality of work seems to be pretty good.

I have had good experience with Total Protect. I have been with them for 5 years. I never had a problem with my claims. Unfortunately, It is time for me to find another home warranty company who deductible is not as high as Total Protect. Also, they do not cover as much as other companies. I just bought another home and is planning to use a different home warranty company for both. I am reviewing American Home Shield as a possibility. If American Shield quotes me the same price and deductible as Total Protect, I will consider staying with Total Protect because I know them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Neil Heating & Air Conditioning was out there last night and they haven't sent in the service report. So, TotalProtect can't call them back out again. It's 20 degrees in Minnesota so it's a little cold. I've left them a message so that they could go get ahold of Total Protect to give them the service report but they haven't called back. The claim was made on the 9th. Neil Heating & Air Conditioning called and told us to go to the house to get the pressure up for the heating. It did but it dropped right back down so I called them on Friday.

We've got six properties with TotalProtect Home Warranty. The last one we put on for my son right before Christmas. They were nice as they try to help us. I understand their hands are tied or the heating and air conditioning guy didn't get back to them. It always takes at least a day for someone to come out but we've never had a contractor call us and tell us to fix it. We couldn't do it because we were not plumbing and heating people. We did what he said, but it didn't last. So, we have to wait.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: March 31, 2017

Total Protect/ Cross Country did in fact contact me and offer a more acceptable solution to my claim settlement. After further review of my claim, they acknowledged that what was originally offered was not comparable and agreed to reimburse the difference between the first offer and more comparable unit.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Monica - thank you for taking our call, and allowing us the opportunity to make this right. As discussed we will compensate you with an additional refund reflecting the cost for a more comparable clothes washer, than originally provided. Thanks –Amanda

Original review: March 20, 2017

I would not recommend Total Protect or Cross Country Insurance at all. They have the absolute worst service. I have had my warranty for a few year, my washer failed. First the company they referred me to for the repair, made me pay the service call fee up front because they said they have issues with collecting from Total Protect and Cross Country. I got thru that after paying upfront for service call. Total Protect opted to replace rather than repair, BUT wanted to replace my 11 cycle and 9 specialty cycle black stainless Electrolux washer with white Ge washer that was not in anyway comparable. the pedestal would not be replaced, so they in essence offered a white Ge brand that would sit on the floor next to my pedestaled Electrolux! I was told a supervisor was too busy and would call after 24 hours. After speaking to a supervisor who said my washer was white according to her records and asked me to send pictures, which I did within 5 min. I was told she would send it back to the review/research team, and they would find a more comparable washer. I was contacted the next day with the exact same offer as the original one and told a comparable appliance was not available in my area. I will be ending service with this company as soon as possible, and I do not recommend anyone use this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with TotalProtect has been fantastic. I've been with them for two years. So far, I've gotten what I have asked for so I stayed with them. Submitting a claim has been good and I have no complaints. The technicians who have come out has been good except for one, and I told TotalProtect not to include him on anything else I had before. He never came to my house again. They sent somebody else, and he did a perfect job. Overall, TotalProtect has been exceptionally good for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect Home Warranty's pricing is okay and submitting a claim is easy. If there's a problem, I just call and set up. The claims reps were friendly, the technicians were excellent and the quality of their work was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've got appliances and I don't want to have a big amount of payout in my pocket. Getting a home warranty is convenient and Bank of America offered TotalProtect. It looked good to me so I enrolled with them. Submitting a claim is easy and convenient. It's also easy to set up an appointment. I call them and tell them what's wrong. The reps I've spoken to are very accommodating and they're well-versed on the type of claim I tell them. They're very courteous and they always answer my questions. They already have a company to call and come out to my house and they always follow up after that. The technicians they've sent out are courteous and polite and the quality of their work is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve had TotalProtect for a long time. I figured that getting a home warranty will pay for itself in the long run and it did when my washer broke down. However, the technicians ordered the part that was needed, put it in and the washer still wouldn't work. They looked around, found what they needed but it was a defective part. It started to work for about one load of wash and the second one, I had to wring it all out by hand again. They came back the third time with a new part to get it fixed. It was a real hassle that I was without a washer for about three weeks with all the running back and forth in getting the parts. I had to go to the laundromat, bag everything up and take it down, and then put it in the washers and stand there and wait on it, and bag it back up and cart it back home. It's also expensive that I was shelling out money to do it and it's time-consuming. But they finally got it.

Another situation I've had to use TotalProtect was something on the door was broken. The guy that came had the right part in his truck, so he went out, brought it in and we're good to go. Whenever I've called in to submit claims, they were able to get things going right away and usually, they provide a pretty fast service of getting a repairman out depending on how busy they are.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

About 12 years ago, when I got my mortgage through CrossCountry, they offered TotalProtect to me and I took it. Submitting a claim to the warranty company was easy and it has been an excellent experience. TotalProtect was on time and every claims rep was courteous. The technicians that they sent out were always good. TotalPRotect is great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

If anything happens, I can have that extra coverage with TotalProtect. They were always on point. They came right out when we called in and say that we need something to be appraised. It was an easy process because when I called them, they went ahead and scheduled a serviceman to the address. TotalProtect has been great.

I wish there was a way to give 0 stars. Customer service is horrible every one gives you different information. Filed a claim for two toilets and a shower valve. filing the claim was easy but getting the claim paid or even acknowledge was the WORST! They sent out a plumber right away that demanded my deductible before he even looked at what needed to be done he accepted the job and said he would be able to fix it then he turned rude. He showed up when no one was home then called my cell phone and yelled about no one being there for him to complete the job when I arrived to let him in he jacked up the toilets more and left calling total protect back and giving them a crap story about not being able to fix the shower valve because they need to tear down a wall. Called total protect spoke to 3 reps that offered different information until I got frustrated and asked to speak to member service to cancel my policy. When I spoke to member services I was again given different information and was told that if I found someone to do the work they would pay out what they were going to pay the person that they sent that couldn't do the job, so I agreed. Called back a few days later after having the job complete and ONCE AGAIN received different information that member services misinformed me, AGAIN I asked for member services and was kept on hold for over 45 minutes. I would never recommended this rip off plan to not even my worst enemy.... WHAT A JOKE!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I moved into my home 20 years ago, my furnace had gone out and I had to give up $10,000. So I did some research and found out about TotalProtect Home Warranty. They can service my appliances and I just pay X amount of dollars a month. I have submitted a claim for my washer and dryer, and some plumbing issues. I normally do it over the phone because I like talking to people. The process was very fast. I'm not on hold a very long time before I can get to a representative. The reps were very friendly and helpful. And they give me three references when I call them.

Every contractor that they sent out has been very professional and prompt. I only had an issue one time when my furnace had gone out during winter. They had to do something outside and replace the coil. But the guy wasn't reliable. He kept saying, "I'm on the job. I'm coming." And we were in here freezing. But otherwise, my 20 years with TotalProtect has been great. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect to friends and to all homeowners.

Our heat pump quit working right before Christmas 2016. We contacted our service guy and he indicated that it was a total loss so we contacted Total Protect Home warranty about the replacement of our heat pump since we had a contract with them. Ever since, we have gotten nothing but the run around from their service department and customer service. Call and wait on hold for 1/2 hour or more, calls get dropped so you have to start over.... We were without a heat pump for more than 6 weeks while they tried to find someone to come and service or replace our unit. The first company from Virginia, the state we live in, never called, never showed for appointments. The second company was from out of state and could not do the permitting and inspection because they were unlicensed in Virginia. After weeks of chasing this around and finally getting a quote from one of their out of state vendors, we determined to get this work done ourselves and there was an agreement that they would pay a cash settlement once we had paid for the service and submitted documentation. We submitted all of the documentation they told us we needed for our payment, service and replacement of the heat pump on February 19th. Contacted Total Protect today, March 12th, to find out where our reimbursement check was and they are requesting further documentation, even items that were included in the documents we submitted, more runaround. More stalling tactics every time we contact them..... further deception and delay in an already awful case of customer service and support......we are totally exasperated with this company and would recommend that you run away and take your home warranty needs to another company.....

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife's cousins got TotalProtect and they researched it and said it was pretty good. I got the information from him and I looked it over. I talked to the people there and they said it was a good thing, so that's what I wanted and I went on. The first claim we had was when we had that sewer guy come out here and do the work. It was bad. The guy came up four times and still didn't get it unplugged. I told them if they ever hire that guy to come out to my house again, I would drop them. I also told them he was taking them for a left and right but nobody would listen.

They didn't say anything about sending somebody else so, I hired this other person/company to do it. This guy that we hired came out and did it in 45 minutes. He had everything cleared out and put a new clean out. Now, our garage door went haywire and the guy they sent this time was good and did perfectly. So, the only bad thing we had was with that first company they sent. After that, it's been good so far.

TotalProtect Home Warranty Company Profile