toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Excellent follow up and the contractors sent out by TotalProtect have been good. I submitted my claims over the phone and I've had fast service through the whole process. I've had several things done over the years and I've been very satisfied with the work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had TotalProtect for about 15 years already. They've been nice to us, so we stayed with them. It was very easy to submit a claim. We usually file our claims through a pay phone. A technician gets in contact with us pretty quick, within a day or two. The contractors have been great, and we've been satisfied with the quality of the work that's been performed by the technicians. Overall, it's been great with TotalProtect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For protection and to save money, we decided on TotalProtect. Once we submitted a claim, they gave us a vendor to call to get our service done. Their rep was a fantastic young lady and everything was excellent. We've had about five claims that they took care of very successfully. TotalProtect is a very good company to deal with and we have a wonderful experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect is an ethical company. They do what they say they will. When our oven went out, I called and they had someone come out and take a look at the oven. It was determined that it could not be repaired. It cost me $75 for the service call. Since it could not be repaired, TotalProtect got back with me and told me that my options were either they'll give me $500 or they'll replace the oven. I told them to replace the oven, and they did. The technicians they sent were very professional. The oven with that size was no longer available, so we had to get a different size. In doing so, we ended up having to do a bit of cabinet work, but it was certainly not their fault.

Additionally, TotalProtect replaced a large air conditioning unit for us. I had a second one and I was concerned that they may not be so responsive to it because they've already replaced one very big unit, so I went with Choice Home Warranty, and I absolutely was unimpressed with them. Our hot water heater had a leak, and they refuse to cover it. They said they don't cover the tank, so at that point I discontinued them. They were very arrogant, and I never received that kind of attitude from TotalProtect. I am back with TotalProtect and in fact, all three of my properties are with them now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I love TotalProtect. I call and tell them what is going on when I have a claim and they would call whatever company they go with. The contractor always calls within a reasonable amount of time and then we set up the appointment. The process is simple. Everybody is friendly and does the job fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty?

When trying to call prepare to be waiting on line for at least 30-45 min(many times longer). Their representatives are nice and courteous but the wait time to be able to talk to a human it's not worth it. Then when you finally get a work order, the providers made you wait at least 3-7 days for service, if they even service the area. I have been paying for this warranty for almost 2 years and always end paying for the repairs myself because either is urgent and the provider can't go in a timely manner or they can't find a provider that would service the area. Definitely do not recommend!

I recently found out that my parents have been a member of Total Protect Home Warranty Insurance for the past six years when their heat pump stopped working on them and they tried to get it repaired. Well here it is one and a half months later since they filed their claim and they still have not repaired the heat pump. Meanwhile, it is now December and the temperatures have dropped and they still do not have heat in the house. Every time I have called on my parent's behalf, all I have been getting from their costumer service is that they are still researching the part information. My parents have had two different service providers out and both of them have confirmed that the whole unit needs to be replaced, which was confirmed several weeks ago, but Total Protect have not taken any action on. At this point, we still do not know what the status of the repair or replacement is. I just recently spoke with a customer service rep and was on the phone for a total of 56 minutes, of which I only spoke with the representative for maybe 15 minutes of and the rest was being placed on hold while they were researching the status. They need to do the research prior to us calling so that they can assist us with the updated status immediately. They leave us no alternative at this point, but to file a law suit to get something done. I think this is a fraud business taking money from people. We will definitely dis-continue this insurance service as soon as we can.

Scheduled washing machine repair on Nov 29. Was given the date of Dec 1 from 8-5 to be repaired by Sears.I place a follow up call after lunch today. Sears has rescheduled it to Dec 6 according to operator even though her system shows it to be Dec 1. My wife has taken a vacation day today to be home for this. The operator wants to put me in touch with Sears dispatch. I say ok but stay on the line because if she can't help me, I want a supervisor. She transfers me and hangs up. Sears operator tells me she asked her to stay on the line as well. She says the call was never scheduled for Dec 1. She can't help me as there are no techs available. I call back to Total Protect. On hold for ten minutes. No one answers. I pick up another phone and call and I get Diego. I tell him I want a supervisor. he says let me try and help you first. he is going to search for another service provider and will call me back in 30 minutes. I tell him no. Just put me through to a supervisor. He said I am going to put you on a brief hold. That hold went 13 minutes and their automated system came on asking me to rate the call from 1-5. It was a 1 obviously. I call back on another line and am put on another hold for 11 minutes before a "floor lead" picks up. She can't do anything and tells me the same as everyone else except they can put me on a call list if something opens up today but if I do that, the Dec 6 appt will be cancelled! This is a sham operation. I have sent 3 emails to them and no response. You can't get to anyone that actually makes a decision! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been a TotalProtect user for a while now but I'm not really happy right now. We moved and I had a home that I had for years. I was paying $45 a month for the service and I sold it. I tried to cancel my subscription but according to them, I cannot do that until the contract is up. But I don't own that home anymore. I'm paying for something that's not mine so it doesn't make any sense. When I called, I asked for a supervisor but the rep said they would just call me back. Well, that's been two weeks ago. I would have gone with TotalProtect in my new home except the people bought me a different one which is HSA. I'm not stupid to throw this one out and pay for another. It's crazy.

Their claim process was fine. The only thing that I wasn't thrilled about was that most of the home warranties have 75 deductible but theirs was 125. Needless to say, whenever I need to renew my current warranty, I would probably stay with them and won't go with TotalProtect. The technicians were excellent and I'm very well pleased with them as well as their quality of work. Right now, they're charging one of my credit card companies monthly. I asked their rep what will happen if I tell my bank that I'm not authorizing them to take the money out anymore, he said they'll just bill me. I would rather have them do that so I can get it over and done with.

I've been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for over 20 years. Their reps have always been very nice but sometimes I was forced to use the automated system. In fact, the one that answers the call is automated, which I hate. A couple of the technicians who came out were okay but some of them are really not good at all. However, when I called back and I'm brought a different technician, they've been fine. Also, sometimes when they assign a technician, they don't even return our calls. I couldn't set up an appointment, and I had to call back and get a different company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect has been really well with my submitting of claims. We’ve had few issues with the house. I’ve talked to several people and they’ve always been very willing to work with us and trying to give us quick service. We’ve only had one issue with a technician. When we had some work done on our air conditioning in September, the technician that came to the house did some work the first day and brought us a part. And then when the part wasn’t working, my husband had to call back.

The technician told us then that he really wasn’t involved with TotalProtect. They called themselves something else as well. And that he was no longer part of that. I wasn’t at home or else I wouldn’t have done this. But it was an emergency. It was September and it was hot. So, my husband paid him over and above what we were supposed to pay out for our service fee. But I contacted TotalProtect and they refunded us the money within weeks. And we’ve been happy with the work that’s been performed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We submitted claims for an air conditioner and water heater repair with TotalProtect. The TotalProtect sales reps were excellent. When we had the water heater claim, the first company we contacted was not good at all. I called TotalProtect and the second company they sent was great. With the air conditioning, the initial company they had submitted the claim to couldn’t get to us in time, and when, I called TotalProtect, they secured a second company very quickly. In both claims, the contractor that actually performed the work was fine. Everything worked out. They worked with our schedule. I haven’t had any problems with the work that they’ve performed. I recommended TotalProtect to my daughter who has a home in Atlanta. She ended up using them for her home.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've had TotalProtect for so long and they’ve been real good about taking care of all of our claims. The claims reps were very polite. They’ve always made sure that it was done right and always called back after the job was done to check to make sure that everything was done to our satisfaction. The quality of work performed is great. There was only one time I had trouble with a technician. When I called and talked to them and asked them not to send that company back, they said okay and they never have.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've submitted several claims and the claims reps are very good. The quality of work was also very good. Sometimes when I call, however, the person I’m dealing with doesn’t know what is and what’s not covered on my particular policy. I’ve had people come out a couple of times only to find out that what they were doing wasn’t going to be covered under my policy. I’ve been meaning to call and try to get some idea of what additional coverage I’d like to buy. I’m told there’s more but I’ve never seen anything telling me how much more I’d have to pay in order to be covered some more. Nonetheless, I already recommended them several times.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect was offered to me with a good rate and the mortgage company was suggesting to go ahead with it so I did. It's easy to submit a claim with them. I like the fact that they offer the option of doing everything online and I get the number right away for whatever company I need to call. They let me know ahead of time about the company so that I can go ahead and set it up myself. However, I prefer to be able to talk to someone more. On two occasions, I had to cancel and it took a while to be able to talk with someone. I just wanted to make sure that it was canceled properly or that the person or company was aware that they did not have to come out. But the companies that came out were very good and professional. They were all very courteous and the quality of their work is topnotch.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I haven't had anything but very good experience with TotalProtect. They've come over and checked my dryer, replaced my refrigerator and worked on my dishwasher. They've been over multiple times and it's been fine. I've had no problems whatsoever. When they replaced my air conditioning unit, my mother was living over here and she's 87. It was hot and I had her at a hotel. They had called in the order and the man said, "No. I can't come out tomorrow because I would have to pay somebody overtime to come out." TotalProtect called him and said, "Look, we approved that and go over there and take care of this. It's probably an emergency situation kind of thing." So, I'm very pleased with it. Everything went well other than that, but you can't argue with the services I got.

The only time they had to come back multiple times was for my dryer. The last person who came out went, "You know, you just need to clean it that way because it's triggering the element to burn out." So, I had a friend come over and cleaned it out. And that's what the problem was.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Earl - I sincerely apologize for the delays in having hot water restored in your home. We have reached out to you directly to further discuss this experience and had to leave a message. Please feel free to reach out to me directly via the phone number and extension that was provided on your voice mail. Sincerely - John

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

The claims rep of TotalProtect was very nice. Moreover, both of the dryer and washer went out at different times, but the guy who came out and fixed my washer and dryer was also very nice. However, one submission of claim was very bad. I had a gas water heater with an automatic vent on it, and was three and a half weeks without hot water. I had to put electric in because TotalProtect would not get me a power vented and had to price everything, but I know they got it.

The plumbers came out and gave them a price. TotalProtect okayed it, kept telling the plumber that everything was set up and then I'd call him and he hadn't heard anything from them. They also told me I had to cut a hole in the roof, and that was one of the holdups. I said, "You don't have to cut a hole in the roof because you already got one there" because the power vent had one that went to the roof. I'm very dissatisfied with TotalProtect.

Total Protect cares nothing about their customers.

I don't believe these other reviews are real. I had problems with them every time I have used them.

I have had two AC repair men out ($200) and both gave different stories. Neither one of the fixed the AC and now TP wants me to pay another $100 to have another service come out.

Their manager Tecora said they would not honor the warranty based on what the serviceman said. He said it was not mechanical. I told her it seems electrical. Do you cover that? She said yes, but he said it wasn't mechanical. This is what it is like talking to these people.

This is the worst home warranty company. They are not on your side. They just want your money. Oh, and try getting them on the phone. And when you do talk to someone, they will put you on hold an average of 8-12 minutes each time. Saying they are researching your claim.

Total waste of time and money. TP and the one man repair companies they hire, are very substandard and will cost you more money than not having a home warranty company

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I got my mortgage with my bank they suggested TotalProtect Home Warranty to us. We took it out and I've had it ever since. They were wonderful. I usually call to file a claim. Their reps and technicians were very good, and they have good quality of work too. The only problem I could remember was when I had one plumber whose father died and he had to go to Puerto Rico. When he came back, he forgot me and I gave him a week to settle in, and then I called him and left a message. He had fixed it temporarily because he couldn't make it continue to work until the ordered parts came. He knew he could it. He has the knowledge and was smart enough which was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to be with American Home Shield a few years ago and then my mortgage company sent me something which drew me to TotalProtect Home Warranty. So far, my experience in submitting a claim to them has been good. I do it both online and over the phone depending on where I was because I travel a lot. My interaction with their reps has always been very great. They're very professional and definitely top-notch. Their technicians were good and knowledgeable. So far, I haven't had any complaints. Everything has been done. If there was something that wasn't right, they immediately came back out. Sometimes the technicians follow up just to double check.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Charyline - I sincerely apologize for the delays with having your stove repaired and the amount of effort you put forth with contacting our service providers. Please know that this is not the type of service we aim to provide and we will provide feedback to the appropriate agents regarding this experience. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Sincerely - John

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I filed a claim on 11-8-16 for my stove to be repaired. The representative was given all of my information and I received from her a claim number and also an e mail. Turns out all the information the rep gave to the contractor was wrong .sending them to the wrong address. I called 3 times on the 11-10-16. I was then given a new claim number on 11-10-16 with a new contractor whom I called 7 times with no response . I finally called again on 11-15-16 and given yet another contractor. After speaking to him he advised me he did not work for the company Total Protect Home Warranty. Calling Total Protect Home for the 6th time I asked for a supervisor and the Customer Service Rep began to argue with me stating I did not need to speak to a supervisor. I was done speaking to CSRs and I told her that, she continued to argue with me. Finally after some yelling she finally transferred me after approximately 15 minutes. The supervisor was very helpful and restored my faith back to Total Protect Warranty which BTW I've had about 9 years more or less. If I ask for a supervisor what is the problem that I can't speak to one unless of course the CSR aren't doing their jobs properly!! !

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've got a mailing from my bank, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, and they introduced TotalProtect to me. They said that if I signed up they would withdraw it straight out of my checking account. I looked into it and all of my appliances are about 11 years old. I had replaced them all from hurricane flood damage and I signed up for TotalProtect. I've got the combo policy for the plumbing, electric, swimming pool and a second refrigerator. I have made 5 claims and all of them had been a wonderful experience. I called them up on the phone and get a person scheduled. If they couldn't get me somebody as fast as I wanted, they gave me somebody else that could be here faster. I've had really good work from everybody who came in. It's all been a positive experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have TotalProtect through our mortgage company. Their claims reps were very helpful, and the technicians were wonderful. When I call, they go right ahead on and come together and sit and work us out. And they complete the job. I recommend TotalProtect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Very good experience with Total Protect. Every time I had a claim, the company was right on spot with getting somebody out immediately. The only problem I have had, and it had nothing to do with TotalProtect, was waiting for the parts. But other than that, I've had absolutely no problem and everything has been solved perfectly. Very professional all the way around. I made a claim to my air-conditioner this summer. I got a call the next day from the provider and he was out the following day, fixed the problem and was gone. It was almost instantaneous. There's no way I could be unhappy about that. Now, I also had a dishwasher that had some problems but we had to wait for parts. Every technician that came to the house that had been sent by the company have been totally professional, courteous, and very confident.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a friend who has TotalProtect warranty and referred me to it. When I submitted a claim to TotalProtect, I got an auto-reply back, which was nice, letting me know who I needed to contact and follow up with. The technician that came out promptly followed up and they were able to solve the issue and did it in a quick period of time. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect Home Warranty had to replace my hot water heater, garbage disposal incinerator and they've had to do a little bit of repair work on my heat pump. The claims representatives were fine and the technicians they sent to my house were great. The quality of their work was very good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have put in a couple of claims with TotalProtect and didn’t have any problem with either one of them. The reps were very professional and knowledgeable of whatever I needed. The technician was great as well. So far, I’m pleased with the quality of work that was performed by the technician.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Joe - I sincerely apologize for the two monthly charges that were placed on your card. Our records indicate that you have been refunded for the monthly premium that was charged in error. We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience with us. Sincerely - John

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I am a new customer. First month to be free, beginning Oct 22. First charge to be on Nov. 22. I called the middle of Oct. to verify there would be no problems in order to avoid chasing my money. On Oct. 22 they charged my card, and charged it again today, Nov 9th. I will call them tomorrow and hopefully they will credit back the erroneous charges, or my credit card company will charge them back and we will move on from this company. I have every reason to believe they will correct their mistakes, and will update this review after my conversatiob with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

TotalProtect was referred to me by my mortgage company and I would recommend them. The technicians they've sent out have been fine, and they knew what they were doing when they got here. The work performed was good, although there was one incident where the part that was needed was $12 and I had to pay $75 because I couldn’t put it on. In addition, there were some things that weren't covered by the plan, but I felt like they should’ve been covered.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve had TotalProtect for years now and submitting a claim with them is usually easy. I had one instance this year when a pipe burst in my garage and we could never reach the person that they gave me. I called back and they found me someone else who came out so that was handled very well. I have also requested for the same person to come back sometimes. I’ve been pleased with TotalProtect 's work but there’s a problem with my other account which my son's house is on. I'd still recommend them though.

TotalProtect Home Warranty Company Profile