2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

TotalProtect, along with its parent company Cinch Home Services (formerly Cross Country Home Services), is a leading home warranty provider with 40+ years experience serving customers nationwide. TotalProtect offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more, starting at less than $1 a day. The company offers an industry-leading 6-month guarantee on covered repairs.

TRUSTe Certified Privacy
Customer Certified by Bizrate
180 Day Workmanship Guarantee
View More View More

TotalProtect Home Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I typically like to call in and talk to somebody when filing a claim. Their customer service representatives were good. Recently, my shower was leaking down into my kitchen and somebody came out that day. I only wish the deductible is a little cheaper, but other than that, I feel good about TotalProtect and I'm going on 40 years with them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Michelle – We appreciate your loyalty to TotalProtect for the last 40 years! In an effort to keep premiums low, we did need to raise the deductible required for service due to rising claim costs. We value your feedback, and are happy to hear that overall you’ve been pleased with the service you’ve received. - Amanda

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

They send out qualified people like Sears or somebody else as qualified who are not looking like they just rolled up and you're scared to let them in your house type of deal. I normally do my claims over the phone because it's easy. We get service pretty quick. I've had them for over five years now and I've switched my son over to them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Hi Cheryl, We appreciate your loyalty for the last 5 years and appreciate you referring your son to us. Thanks for sharing! - Austin

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I like how quickly they get things done. Usually, I have someone here within 24 or 48 hours, and they settle a claim really quick, and I've not had any problems with them. Their contractor are really reasonable. They're good. I'm satisfied with what their process is. The warranty really helps, especially when we get older. It's nice to know you got backup.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Sharon –We understand the needs of our customers and have an unwavering commitment to provide superior service. Thank you for being a valued member. - Amanda

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I called them when I had a claim and they wrote everything down and then they sent the guy out. So far, so good. The contractors that came out for my dishwasher and my garbage disposal were both nice.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Hallie, We aim to provide quick and efficient claim resolutions, and are thrilled to hear we have been able to meet your home warranty needs and provide trusted experts to service your claims. - Angela

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The first technician TotalProtect sent out for our refrigerator messed it up. We ended up having to get a new one. The warranty company replaced it though, which was good. Also, one of the original technicians they sent out for my dryer was awful. I have a very weird brand of dryer. It was evident they had no clue how to work on it and messed it up worse. One time, TotalProtect tried to send one of them back out a second time. I remembered their name and said to send me someone else. And they did, so that worked out okay. Other than that, we’ve had good luck with the water heater people, the garbage disposal people, and the washer and dryer people.

We were a little disappointed when the deductible went up. When we started, it was only a $75 deductible and now, it’s $100. We’ve used them for several things and it was great. But recently, we found out that some things that we thought were covered were not. We recently had an issue with our sump pump, but it was not covered. To me, that seemed to be an appliance, but they don’t consider it that way. It’s been years since we've started with TotalProtect and they’ve really come in handy. We’ve been happy with TotalProtect. For some reason, they no longer can be on my mortgage, which was another kind of a bummer. We’re paying that bill separately now, but we plan on keeping it.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Cristie- We appreciate you taking the time to share your warranty experience. We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and we thank you for being a loyal customer. We are sorry to hear that your interaction with one of our service providers was less than satisfactory. I'm sorry to hear about this experience.  It’s definitely not the level of service we aim to provide. We are pleased to hear you are satisfied with our service. - Austin

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TotalProtect Home Warranty?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Total Protect Home Warranty approved the replacement of Martin ** dishwasher September 2019 in the amount of $587. Martin ** died July 5, 2019, and I’m his Power of attorney and Executor. As of today, January 5, 2020, I have not received the check. I called numerous of time trying to get info on the check. The first call, Total Protect informed me the check had been mailed and cashed. They informed me to send a copy of Martin death certificate, Power of Attorney and Executor affidavit. I sent these papers twice. After a period of time, I called again. I called a third and fourth time, each time had to explain everything all over again, because apparently they don’t keep records. Again I called today, January 5, I was on hold for over 15 minutes, and still no info on who cashed the check, where and when. I also wanted a copy of the front and back of check. Help!

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Bobbie, I’m sorry you’ve put forth so much effort trying to resolve this. My team would be happy to look into this for you and follow up with you personally. Please respond with the full property address for the contract so we can locate the account and the best number to reach you at and we will look into it right away. Thanks, Christine

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I’m the homeowner and we make the payments for TotalProtect. They came through our bank. I looked into it, decided it was something good for us and we pursued it. The most recent claim was for the water heater. It took some challenges to get it done, but we did. Several plumbers came out and the last plumber that came wanted to charge us $900 on top of getting the water heater replaced. I opted not to do that. I requested a buyout. So, I got the heater replaced myself and they did the cash-out. I wished that the trades that they sent out would be a little more responsive. It took a few plumbers to get out here in order to get this thing resolved. The same thing with my oven. That was an ongoing thing, but finally we did a cash-out with that, too. But the bottom line is we got the job done. We are satisfied with TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Frederick- Thank you for taking the time to share you claim experience. We work hard to identify weaknesses to improve our process to ensure our customer have the best experience possible. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is provided within our company for further review. We hope to have you as a valued customer for many years to come. - Christine

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I recommend TotalProtect all the time. We've been with them for 12 to 15 years and there's been no problem in the claim submission process. Everyone that has come have been professional and nice as well. We had a problem with them once. Our hot water heater went out, and they changed a bunch of stuff in between and we never got notified of it. But they backed us, got us on the right program again and fixed it. So they did the right thing.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Michael, We appreciate your loyalty and we hope you remain a valued customer for many more years. - Austin

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Submitting claims with TotalProtect has been easy. When we call in, they get back with us and set up a time for the repair. Once we get in contact with the contractors, they communicate well. But sometimes, things happen on a weekend and they don't get back to us until Monday. However, they come out when they say they’re gonna be there and they complete the work. TotalProtect helps a lot with bills. With our water heater, it was over $600. At first, the contractor thought it was just leaking a little bit, but then the water heater just stopped and wouldn’t get hot. We called and they ordered the part. And it took a couple of days for that to get in. We've been with TotalProtect since we bought our house eight years ago and we're happy with them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty response

Reginald, We aim to provide quick and efficient claim resolutions, and are delighted to hear we have been able to meet your home warranty needs. – Dena

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

TotalProtect doesn't wanna cover me anymore for my home. So, I'm not very happy. They told me they're pulling out of Florida, but then they're still covering my rental. That doesn't make any sense. I think it's because my air conditioning kept breaking down, so they don't wanna cover my home anymore. My rental has very few issues. The technicians are fine, but then, they're separate companies.

Hi Merlie,
I would like to connect you with our Renewal Team who are the best people to advise you. I’m truly sorry I can’t help you in this channel, but it’s for your security. Can you respond and confirm your name, phone number, and the best time to call? I will personally have a team member reach out at the earliest possible time to get you the answers you need.
I appreciate your understanding.

Austin