2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.18/5
Based on 1,429 ratings submitted in the last year

Cinch Home Services, who offers a variety of products including the TotalProtect Home Warranty, is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. Cinch offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. Costs start at less than $1 a day. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs. Plus, some plans offer appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or water filters and a free leak sensor.

TRUSTe Certified Privacy
180 Day Workmanship Guarantee
Cinch Home Services Get a Quote

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I've had my policy for eight years and the claims process has been easy.

Cinch Home Services response

William - Thank you for being a valued customer with Cinch for 8 years! We do our best to provide an easy claim experience for our customers and are thrilled to hear you were pleased with the service you received. Have a great day! – Austin

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Four years ago, I had all three of my commodes changed out. When the guy did that, he didn't put a washer in the tank with the screw. Since he didn't do that, it developed a leak over time. The last call I made to Total Protect was for the last of the three commodes. The techs who came fixed it but they didn't clean up after themselves as well as they have in the past. There was a lot of debris left from their work. That was the only issue though and I really liked the company that was sent out. Now, my commode is no longer leaking.

The year before last, we had to have our heating and cooling unit replaced. That fell under Total Protect's warranty. But, since it was winter and it got cold, it took two weeks to get everything approved and for them to issue a replacement. That was annoying. But, in the end, it cost me $100 for the warranty and $25 for the guy that installed and extra little parts. If I had to go out and buy a replacement unit and have it installed myself, that would have been $6,500.

It's extremely easy to make claims with Total Protect. I can either do it online or on the phone. I don't have to have my contract number in front of me because the reps use my telephone number to recognize my account and I'm extremely happy with them. I wish they would allow claims for maintenance though like for our air conditioner. That extends the life of the unit and lessens the chance of issues in the future that may cause problems that will cost more. I tell people that they really need to get Total Protect. I paid for a year of my sister having coverage because she is a widow. I told her that if she wanted to continue the coverage, she could pay for it herself.

Cinch Home Services response

Mary, We aim to deliver quick and reliable service, and understand how stressful these type of situations can be. We’re pleased to hear the provider was able to get this taken care of and appreciate your valuable feedback. Thanks for sharing your experience! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Everything went fairly well with Sears. The last time, my toilet was fixed but when the techs adjusted the toilet base, it must have loosened up something on the tanks. And now, the tank is leaking, so I asked for a service to fixed it. I spoke to the gentleman and he said that they would send somebody out, but I had to go to Sears and tell them. I called Sears and they were supposed to call back. Until now, I haven’t gotten it resolved and we have a little plastic container collecting leak. They told me that it's a different issue but I told them that it's something that the techs caused and that even the plumber told me that it could have been something that they did.

In similar instances, the techs usually come back to fix things and this is the first problem that I've had with Sears. As for the contractor, this is the second time I've had this company and they were very good both times. All in all, the warranty has been beneficial. But one of the companies that they usually pair me up with didn't come out. It would also be nice if we could pick a provider in our area, somebody that's with Sears. Other than that, I've recommended them to some other people and they said they were going to change to them.

Cinch Home Services response

Judith, We appreciate your valuable feedback and the time you took to share your plumbing claim with others. We understand how stressful managing home repairs can be, and are glad to hear that you are pleased with our service. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

When I purchased my home, the agent offered and recommended TotalProtect. I've done claims with them both online and by calling in. It's fairly easy and I haven't had any issues on the call in. I've had positive experiences with their service companies.

Cinch Home Services response

Preston – We aim to provide a simply straightforward experience, and appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how easy it is to file a claim online. It is always our intention to assign the right technician at the right time to meet your needs and we're thrilled to hear we met our goal! - Austin

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

I noticed that TotalProtect has made some changes recently. They collect the service fee upfront, which isn't an issue. They also have you calling the service provider. I would get an email saying that. I don't think that's a good thing for the customer. That is something that they should do instead of me doing it to get service. I don't know if this is a norm for all companies that provide home warranty service but it was a change that I wasn't used to. I was used to making the initial phone call and everything else was taken care of. And I get updates. Other than that, it's been a good relationship. When I call, I get things done. The phone calls that I make are answered. Someone starts the claim. When the service providers show up, they're good. TotalProtect does a good job selecting the service providers. They're knowledgeable and they get the job done.

There are times when the out of pocket expense would probably be a strain financially. One time, my air conditioning unit went out and the charges on that were pretty significant. I paid the service fee and the unit was fixed. Other than that, the charges are probably reasonable. It was $125 to unclog a stoppage and I could probably have gotten that done a lot cheaper. But I like being able to make a phone call and the problem is taken care of. The last time I needed help, I had to make four phone calls. The first service provider didn't have the equipment and the second service provider didn't have availability. It just went on and on.

Cinch Home Services response

Mark, We are always working to improve our customer experience and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We use customer feedback all the time to implement changes and improve our processes. We value your feedback and ensure this will be passed along for further review. Thank you - Austin

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

When I have a claim with Cinch Home, I submit something online then somebody gives me a call, and there's a follow-up for that trying to make sure about getting the different services involved. Cinch Home Services is through Sears because I've had appliances through Sears and that was how I ended up expanding the services for the appliances I own even if they weren't originally purchased through Sears. The techs they sent out have been good, conscientious, and professional. They seem to know what they're doing, too.

Cinch Home Services response

Bill, This is exactly the type of service we aim to provide! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

We used to call in. Now we just do it online. That has been easy. We've been happy with Cinch. It's for a house that we rent out and it has been fine. I would recommend them.

Cinch Home Services response

Mary – We have an unwavering commitment to provide easy claim experience, and appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how easy it is to file a claim online. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation! Than you - Austin

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Making a claim to Sears hasn't been too bad. But I was kinda unhappy with the subcontractor they used on the second to the last claim we made. There was a contractor that refused to call on the phone. They wanted to deal totally by text messaging and I don't like that. I wanna talk to somebody human that speaks English and not a machine. Another thing is Sears has been around for an awfully long time. For years and years, it was our favorite shopping point. But it seems to me like the company is on shaky grounds and it's getting close to really going.

Cinch Home Services response

Peter, We do our best to provide an easy claim experience for our customers, and our goal is to assign the right technician at the right time. We love feedback from our customers, and ensure this will be provide to the appropriate department for further review and handling. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Sincerely, Austin

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

It's easy to file a claim and it gets taken care of pretty quickly. It's just that I don't talk to anybody. I do it online. But I understand the reason behind that. Almost everything's automated anymore. The last one I had was a hot water heater that was leaking. I reported it on a Sunday and I got an email right away about the service provider I needed to call. I called on Monday morning and they scheduled an appointment the same as that afternoon. It was a fast process. I've had three or four claims and I haven't had any issues at all.

Cinch Home Services response

Dwayne, We have an unwavering commitment to provide a simple claim experience, and appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how easy it is to file a claim online. We are thrilled to hear we have provided top notch trusted experts to come and service your claims. Thank you for sharing your experience! - Austin

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I've had service with them for a year and a half. We've had to call them a couple of times and it has always worked out well. They were able to help me with a fridge that failed and a dishwasher. They were able to repair the dishwasher but the whole fridge had to be replaced. They gave me credit and I got my own fridge from Sears. Things happened on my timeline and I went to the store to pick one out. If you feel you are handy and you want to take care of things, maybe you don't need this warranty. But, if you're trying to make your problem a piece of noise that goes away, this is a really good service.

Cinch Home Services response

Rajeev, Our goal is to make managing home repairs easy, and we’re delighted to hear that you’ve had a pleasant experience. We hope to have you as our customer for many years to come! Sincerely, Austin

Cinch Home Services Company Information