2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (921 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About Cinch Home Services

Cinch Home Services, who offers a variety of products including the TotalProtect Home Warranty, is a home warranty provider with more than 40 years of experience. Cinch offers coverage for appliances, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, electrical and more. Costs start at less than $1 a day. Cinch has a six-month guarantee on covered repairs. Plus, most plans offer new appliance discounts, credit toward air conditioner or refrigerator filters and a free leak sensor.

Pros

• Plans starting at less than $1 a day
    • Great coverage
    • Long workmanship guarantee

Cons

• Higher service fee

Bottom Line

Cinch Home Services offers three home warranty plans at affordable monthly rates. Although its service fees are a bit higher, the company has an excellent workmanship guarantee.

Cinch Home Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cinch Home Services?

Original review: June 7, 2021

Our air conditioning went out on may 20th, we immediately filed a claim. It’s now June 7th and not only is it not fixed, but there is conflicting information being passed between cinch and its service provider Keepe whom they contracted to repair the unit. Parts haven’t been ordered and there is no resolve date or help to resolve the matter. what is worse is I already paid my Deductible for services not rendered. It’s 90 degree in our area and we have two children under 4 one of which is under one! This delay has also caused our lower level unit to work so hard it’s failed as well!

This experience is directly responsible for me not renewing a contract for a second year! This is a horrible company just go read the BBB reviews!

Cinch Home Services response

Akiko - We're sorry to hear that we have left you with that impression. We understand the urgency of having a working air conditioning this time of year. We'd be glad to look into your situation to see what we can do to move your claim along. Just provide us with your full property address and we'll have a member of our team follow up with you directly. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: June 2, 2021

This company was beyond awful. They sell a great sounding "plan" and all these add-ons to cover appliances, pool equipment, and other optionals and make it sound easy to file claims online.

We paid over $860 in service fees before we had to file our first claim. On our first service call they sent a technician who did not know the equipment at all. He blamed "maybe the circuit board", "maybe the pump". We asked how much it would be to fix and said we'd be happy to just pay to get it fixed, but he said he had to send a report back to Cinch first and that they'd call us back. The technician said the dishwasher was cheap crap from China and told us we should buy a new unit.

Surprise, surprise, Cinch never called or emailed. Instead, they simply marked our claim online as "Completed" with no explanation. We noticed this, so we called them to ask what happened. The phone rep said they would have to file something and get back to us. A couple days later they emailed to say they denied our claim (but still charged us $100 for the guy to come out) because the dishwasher broke due to "calcium buildup" and lack of proper maintenance.

We disputed the claim with Cinch, which they sat on for an additional few days, and then emailed again that they would not look into it further. Based on the reviews here and elsewhere, this seems their entire strategy - send incompetent technicians, teach them to blame the customer for lack of maintenance, and then ignore or deny claims/complaints. They even reply to your complaints from an email address which you can't respond to to follow up!

We ended up calling GE directly and the technician arrived within 4 hours and had the unit fixed within an hour. It turned out to be a part jammed in the motor, the motor wasn't even broken. It was NOT calcium build up and there was nothing wrong with the unit! He fixed it and all was well - and it was less than $250 vs. the $860 we had paid Cinch thus far.

So basically, Cinch stalls as long as possible after denying your claim so you just give up and pay to get it fixed yourself.

Complete waste of money. Steer clear.

Cinch Home Services response

Darren - Please know, we would never intentionally delay or deny the resolution of any customer's claim and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our purpose is to always meet the needs of our customers, and we’ll be glad to review your claim and follow up with you personally. If you would like our assistance, please reply with your full property address so we can locate your account. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: May 29, 2021

This companies home warranty was included in the purchase of my home from the seller. On Wednesday, our AC stopped putting out air & it has been 80+ degrees outside. I called Thursday morning to submit a claim. I was told that they currently did not have a contractor to send out in my area so, they would have to send it to another department who will find me one. However, I had to pay $150 out of my deductible immediately before that could happen. So, I did. I asked what the turn around time was for this department to reach back out to me with a contractor. The agent said usually within 2 hours but no more than 24 hours. And if I didnt hear back in 24 hours, to call them back and follow up. I never heard anything. So, I called back Friday morning. The new agent told me that “actually, the turnaround time is 24-48 hours”. I was starting to get frustrated because I was getting a different answer but I try to understand that this is a company. Many agents will lie to get you off the phone. I actually thought 24-48 hours was more realistic with everything going on. But LITERALLY it is finding an contractor in my area & getting a contract signed. It’s not brain surgery. AND ITS HOT! I live in the south. The agent said I will definitely hear something by Saturday morning. Guess what? NOTHING. I just called back this morning, Saturday, and the third agent told me it’s actually 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS... BUSINESS HOURS? NO ONE SAID BUSINESS HOURS. In fact, I confirmed on each call the next day, by date, would be one I should hear back regarding this. I’m VERY upset. I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor. The agent put me on hold and came back to say that they would expedite my request so I will definitely receive an update with a contractor via text or email by the end of the day. When I asked what time their company closed (or customer service call center), he gave me the run around for 2 minutes. Finally he said “11”, I asked was that pm, he said “mmh hm”, I said is that EST (that’s my time zone), he said “sure, yeah”, I said is it sure or yeah.. I need to know when to call back if I haven’t heard anything. He said yeah in a very condescending way. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor that I never was transferred to. He told me I couldnt and to just wait for the email. After a back and forth rude exchange regarding speaking with one, and me telling him I have worked in customer service, so I know there is ALWAYS a way to speak with a supervisor or at the very least complete a survey regarding my customer service received... he finally said he could give me a number I could contact to speak with someone but claimed that they were closed. I had to ask multiple times before he finally told me they won’t open back up until Monday (a national holiday). So I asked, so no supervisor is working on a Saturday? He said no. But someone from this fairy tell department is going to reach out to me with contractor information on a Saturday... he said yes, I will hear something today. I honestly was on the edge of losing it. He was VERY rude, avoiding questions, intentionally being vague, and clearly lying. I said okay and took down the number he gave. I called just to see and it said welcome to “Sears”? And no matter how many times I said no to the first prompt... it would not let me get further. THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. A DIFFERENT ANSWER EVERY CALL. ALL OF THE AGENTS WERE RUDE AND JUST GIVING YOU ANSWERS THAT THEY THINK WILL KEEP YOU CALM SO THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DEAL WITH YOUR FRUSTRATION. ITS STILL 80+ degrees here & I have paid $150 upfront for nothing so far. I definitely will not be continuing with this company after this policy expires. In fact, I will be contacting my real estate agent & letting them know that their company should NEVER accept a home warranty from Cinch in any deals they make for buyers because they are the absolute worst. All of the other reviews show a pattern of this. PLEASE BEWARE. CAUTION.

Cinch Home Services response

Lajoya - We aim to handle all claims quickly and we regret to hear you have been without a working air conditioner. We understand that having cool air in the home is essential, especially during the summer and my team would like to help to get this resolved. Please reply with your full property address and we'll have someone follow up with you personally. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: May 15, 2021

When I purchased the home warranty I was not given a chance to chose which one I got, the title company did it for me. In October of 2020 we filed a claim for our home electrical system. They had a contractor come out and take a look at the problem. He told us that we needed the breaker panel and all of the breakers replaced. Because the main breaker was bad, and that breaker is no longer made. I.E. why the whole panel needs to be replaced. Now it is March of 2021. We have had that same contractor out three more time and have had to pay a different contractor an emergency fee once. We have also spend countless hours on the phone with Cinch. We are still having the same problem. I will never use this company again and I hope this helps save someone else from having the same headache and losing money to the scam of a company as myself.

Cinch Home Services response

Derrick, I am disappointed to hear you are having such lengthy delays with your main panel claim, and sincerely apologize for the poor service you have received. Please reply with your full property address and/or claim number so we can locate your information. I will be glad to have a member of my team investigate your claim and call you personally to further address your concerns. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: May 14, 2021

I made the mistake of ordering a part that had nothing to do with the actual repair of the dishwasher. Sears had to order the motor and pump. Then I asked the technician that came initially to order me a new basket because I noticed some things had been broken on my old one. What happened was the basket was on a ship somewhere and it took its time to arrive. I asked if they could just cancel and repair the dishwasher. I could still use my old basket. It took a while but they were patient with me. I tried to be patient with them too. I have no control over the part that was on backorder and I learned my lesson to tell technicians to wait on parts that are not really required to fix the main problem. Order it a little later and do not combine it.

I told the technician who did the repair after the basket finally arrived that I have to pay for the parts. He said there was no charge for it and that was a complete surprise. All the people that helped were really nice. The last young lady that I spoke with asked me if I had been a teacher and I said yes. Then she said her mom was a Special Ed teacher and that led us to do a little talking and I found out that she's actually blind, but she's using a computer to help be a customer service rep. Kudos to Sears Home Warranty to hire special needs people. But this has been going on since January and it was finally repaired at the end of April. It was worth the wait and I didn't cancel my policy.

Cinch Home Services response

Annick, We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experience! We try our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased to hear that we met you expectations. - Austin

Original review: May 14, 2021

In my first experience, I was very pleased with the speed that someone came around, checked it out, told me how much it would be to repair it, and which was far too much, and then I would get money to replace it. Well, I got an email and Sears was gonna send me a black one. The engineer told them I had the creamy color one and I wouldn't mind a white one. All my kitchen stuff is in bisque color so I said the white one. But they sent me a black one and so I had to refuse it. By refusing it, I had to accept the money.

I went out to Sears Monday, got a white one, exactly the same model, and it'll be delivered in a couple of weeks. They will take the old one away and put the new one in. I'm just dissatisfied as I had to go out and find it. That is something I joined this for a reason. I didn't have my husband to take me, I'm elderly, and I didn't want to do it. I was thinking of cancelling because if I had to do that, then I might as well just go and buy things if my stuff breaks. When I see that I paid $56, I only got back what I paid in the year.

Cinch Home Services response

Hilary, We listen and understand what our customers need, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we’re doing. We hope you reconsider and continue being one of our valued members. Sincerely, Austin

Original review: May 13, 2021

What was nice is Cinch covers all the appliances and they didn't say they all had to begin on such and such a date. It's debited, so it's painless. $50 a month to keep the policy in effect. But the app itself got to a point that it just didn't go any further. But nonetheless, the appointment got set. I paid the $75 deductible and then the parts, everything else was covered by Cinch. The techs were also really good.

Cinch Home Services response

Peter - We are glad to hear we provided a top notch technician to come and service your claim. We aim to provide a seamless process and it seems our objective has been met. Thank you for sharing your feedback! - Austin

Original review: May 13, 2021

I accidentally dropped a penny down our garbage disposer and it got stuck there. The tech got it out and the disposer was fine. I'm very satisfied with Cinch's service. Last fall, we had maintenance done on our furnace. It's a bit of a distance for the people working on it to come up for us. But they come and they're very polite.

Cinch Home Services response

David, We are pleased to hear that you’re satisfied with our service! It’s always our goal to provide a seamless experience and that starts with assigning trusted experts to service your claims. We hope to service your home for many years to come! - Austin

Original review: May 12, 2021

I had an AC issue and Sears came out. The guy caught something initially. He thought he fixed it but he had to come back a second day because some pipe was leaking. They fixed that and I was good to go. It's important to have Cinch. Even though I pay whatever a month for that particular warranty, at the end of the day if my AC or my hot water heater goes out, it’s covered.

Cinch Home Services response

Roger - We are glad to hear we provided a top notch technician to come and service your A/C claim. We aim to provide a simply straightforward experience and we're glad our objective has been met. Thanks for sharing your experience! - Austin

Original review: May 12, 2021

The water pressure isn’t great in the house so I had a guy come out, take a look at the garbage disposal and the water pressure. He fixed the garbage disposal and checked the water pressure. It is kind of low. But there's nothing we can really do about it. I actually called the county to see what they can do, but nothing he could do either way. The tech sent by Cinch was very nice. I liked him.

Cinch Home Services response

Carter, We are glad to hear you had a great experience with your garbage disposal claim and regret your water pressure issue has not been resolved. If you need any assistance, please reply with your full property address so we can locate your account. Sincerely, Austin

Cinch Home Services Company Information