2. Homeowners

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation. Its spas are customizable to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call ThermoSpas today for a free site inspection.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Get a Quote

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I purchased Hot tub through a sales person. Had it over 13 years. When you need parts now you can't get everything you need. They were bought out by another company. They don't have a repair service. You have to find your own.

Mr. Bellucci,
We apologize for the inconvenience as we are currently experiencing delays on specific parts due to Covid. If you should need assistance with setting up a service call with a local technician, please reach out to our Service Department at 1-800-833-7727.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I received my spa on August 14, 2020. The spa looked beautiful, however, the first thing I noticed was the jets didn't work properly even after adjusting them. Also the spa starting leaking! Also, my spa cover is filled with water!! I purchased the spa mainly for therapy and to relieve stress!! Receiving a defective product with poor craftsmanship has added stress! I'm still waiting for service since September 15th and today is the 27th! I have only been able to use the spa 3 times since I received it one month ago because the spa is leaking a substantial amount of water. I didn't receive the new spa I was sold and I want a refund!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Our records indicate a technician was able to service your tub as of the 28th. If you should need any further assistance at this time, please feel free to contact our Service Department at 1-800-833-7727.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

The Hot Tubs are modern, fits in well in any home, and are top quality. Hot Tubs are very useful in the medical field. Breaks down body fat, muscle tension, and stress. You must keep them maintained and I do suggest a warranty. The Hot Tubs are slightly overpriced but like car buying, you can bring your cost down. Look for coupon deals online and at big merchant events like County Fairs. They are there and you can receive a better cost package deal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

We ordered a hot tub from Tim at ThermoSpas on 6/19/2020, he quoted us a delivery date of 6 to 7 weeks. I double-checked with him twice, to correlate electricians and delivery. The week the tub was supposed to be delivered, I received an email stating our tub would be delivered in 6 to 7 more weeks. I contacted Tim. He offered some excuses, typical salesman style. Two days later a "manager" named Tom G called to offer two options. One option was to take a display model at a discount of 750.00 or cancel the order. I discussed with my husband, called Tom G the following day. Tom G, the "manager" did not answer my call and 3 days later has yet to return my phone call. Do yourself a favor and go with a business who follows through on their promises. ThermoSpas also offered us rebates to do positive reviews, show our tub for free advertising and to refer our friends. Laughable!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We apologize for the delay in response. Due to Covid we are experiencing delays within all departments as we navigate safety protocols. We are doing our best to remedy this issue while keeping our staff as safe as possible during this time. Going through our records with the information you have provided, it seems we have come to a resolution with you as of 8/14. If you should need any further assistance, please reach out to us at 1-800-876-0158.

ThermoSpas Customer Support.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I made a 2k deposit after selecting a spa. Due to covid 19 delays, I decided to cancel the order. The delay was 2 to 3 months. I needed to look at other options. Once I changed my mind sales person never returned my calls or emails and I have not received my refund deposit or any communication. So beware on your deposit if you decide not to buy. I was told it was refundable. Now I have to seek legal help to get a refund.

Mrs. McKenzie,

Thank you for reaching out, we apologize for the delay in response. Our system is showing you have since been refunded.

Best,

Casey G

ThermoSpas Customer Support

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought the Concord almost 4 years ago, it is currently leaking. I called for service and I was given to a third party spa repair. My Spa should be covered for at least 50 percent of of the parts per the warranty agreement, not to mention, it shouldn't be leaking after only 4 years. I spent less than half for my last hot tub that lasted twice as long before I had any issues. Needless to say, the third party company that they referred me to, called and informed that I would be responsible for 100 percent of the repair as they do not carry Thermo Spa's parts.

If I wanted to order the parts at a 50 percent discount from Thermo Spa I would have to pay them to figure out what the problem was, then order the part, then pay them to come back out and install whatever part I received. In essence pay twice for labor and wait almost 2 months to get my spa fixed. I think their business practice is questionable and their product doesn't live up to expectation of as advertised. I will not be utilizing this company for my Spa needs in the future as its customer service is quite dubious.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We apologize for the service issues that have come up with your hot tub. Regarding the double labor charge that you have mentioned, while at out of Warranty for labor with the Spa being 4 years old, you would be required to pay a labor charge for the first call. However, if parts are needed that we did not have on that service call, the return call to install them would not include labor, dispatch or arrival fees. This is a policy ThermoSpas has in place to ensure that customers are not penalized if we do not have the part to immediately fix your Spa. Our notes indicate you cancelled the service call we had setup, as you did not want to pay the initial services charges, but please give us a call if you’d like re-set that up or speak with someone regarding the charges at 1-800-876-0158.

ThermoSpas Customer Support

Original review: July 27, 2020

10 year owner Concord Hot tub. Great experience for past 10 years. Need help restoring to new condition. Recent attempt at replacing part failed. Need ThermoSpas help in helping me replace parts needed.

Mr. Holland,

Thank you for the review. We advise you reach out to our Service Department at 800-876-0158 to further discuss replacing parts for your Spa.

Resolution response: May 26, 2020

I've tried to reach out to Consumer Affairs to edit and update my previous review, but didn't get a response. I do want to update my review to indicate that several of the issues I previously mentioned were RESOLVED by the company, including the issue of the scratch during installation and refund of the lifter. While I still do think that there are some areas they could improve in terms of scheduling and transparency about hot tub management etc, I want to note that my RECENT customer service experience was significantly better than what I experience back in the fall, when we initially ordered. So I'm adding this and upgrading my stars, as it appears they may have addressed some of the issues since I initially wrote the review (it was just published, but that took time).

Original review: May 14, 2020

First off, you'll notice other reviewers commented on the hard sales pitch and this was certainly our experience, as well. They'll tell you just about anything to get you to buy it. If I could go back to the night and tell myself NOT to make this purchase, I probably would. I think we could've gotten a comparable product for MUCH cheaper with much less hassle.

The hot tub: The product itself is ok. But, they'll tell you it's nearly maintenance free, requires far less chemicals than other products - and neither of these things are true. We are CONSTANTLY adding chemicals (near daily right now) and finding it very difficult to balance our hot tub after six months of ownership. The supposedly proprietary system that keeps it perfectly crystal clear does not. We are draining and refilling much more often than we were told to keep it clean and clear. We're also finding that their brand of products doesn't work as well for cleaning/sanitizing as other brands.

The delivery and setup process: Not easy at all. Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare and we quickly found that once we'd paid for the hot tub, getting a hold of ANYONE in customer service was near impossible. We'd walked through a particular placement in our yard with the salesperson, who assured us it would work, and long story short - it didn't - and he should've known that it wouldn't work that way. We were berated later on in the process by a customer service representative who told us we shouldn't have placed it there and that this was the source of our problems. Well, we'd asked specifically if it would work, but as others have said - the salesperson will tell you what you want to hear, not what's accurate.

We had purchased a spa lifter that clearly would NOT would where the spa was placed; we eventually, after many emails and calls decided to return the spa lifter for a refund and six months later still haven't seen anything. Also, when the spa was delivered, it got scratched - and they were supposed to come back out and buff it. Never did, and despite scores of messages left on the customer service voicemail, nobody ever responds to our calls. We gave up calling. Which leads me to customer service.

Customer service: There is none. You will never get anyone on the phone. If you leave a message, they will never return your call. I was only able to ever get ANYONE on the phone by picking a different option on the menu and then haranguing the person who answered into transferring me, but that was six months ago, and I've not been able to get anyone since. You will waste many hours trying to get someone to respond to you, and you'll probably give up, just like we eventually did.

Tips if you purchase: Look, my review is bad. But, I will say that the actual tub itself, issues with maintaining the water aside, is nice. It's attractive (aside from the scratches from delivery). It's comfortable. The jets are good quality, the lighting is good quality and it does maintain heat very well, even in the winter. All of those things are positives. So, onto what they won't tell you that you should know:

Don't listen to them that this is lower maintenance than other hot tubs. It isn't. It's not worse - but it's the same. Go in with that expectation. You will have to clean and add chemicals much more often than they tell you. Look, that's fine, I've owned hot tubs before - what we have to do with this one is more or less on par with what I've had to do previously, but don't let them sell you on this as a plus, because it's not any different or better than other products. It's the same.

Don't let them tell you any placement will work. We wanted ours to sit adjacent to a low wall, so that three sides were open (but the fourth would be closed off). No problem, said the salesperson. So we spent the money to install a concrete pad in this spot and then, when it was delivered, including the pricey spa lifter we had initially purchased, we found that you really cannot do this. It should be open on all four sides, and you'll need more clearance on that spa lifter than you think. Read the specs yourself and take everything the salesperson tells you with a grain of salt, because they'll say anything.

You don't actually NEED a fancy spa cover lifter. We were really quite angry, initially, that it wouldn't work after what we paid. Returning it for refund (which of course we haven't gotten yet, six months later) wasn't what we wanted to do. But, we ended up buying a cheap manual lifter off of Amazon and found that it actually works really well, because the cover just isn't that heavy. So if you're reasonably able-bodied, consider whether you really need the mechanized one they sell.

Don't expect customer service - they're not going to help you in a timely fashion. So, plan, plan, plan to make the delivery as easy as possible. Hire an electrician to do the work that has worked with hot tubs before, because they know better what to do then the Thermospas folks (our electrician SAVED this project). So...there you have it. Do we enjoy the hot tub? Yes, we do. Was it worth $9K? No, it probably wasn't.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We have only owned our spa for 9 months and really love it, but unfortunately the durability with some of the items hasn't been what we expected. Both items that broke are on warranty, but we placed an order for the locking shock almost month ago and it still hasn't been processed. Each time I call we get the reason is that they were shut down for 2 weeks, but in the mean time we cannot use our hot tub. We understand the shut down, but if we knew we would continue to need warranty parts due to breaking, we probably would have purchased one locally instead.

Mr. Sweeney,

We apologize for the delay in response. We have checked our records with the Service Department and they will be in touch with you regarding your replacement part. If you should have any further questions, please reach out to the Service Department at 800-876-0158.

Original review: April 8, 2020

It would take way too much time to write down all the problems at one time so I'm going to write the short version. I have been calling HR, the salesman's boss and the salesman's bosses boss weekly for a month now with no response from any of them. The only reason we bought a ThermoSpa was because of the Warranty. The salesman said everything is covered 100% for 10 yrs and the shell for 20 yrs. He said this over and over numerous times. Nothing was ever said about prorating or limits. We were amazed. Then we talked about the chemicals and he said with the thermozone you wont need chemicals, all you have to do is add a capful of shock once a week and that's it and only if you use it everyday, if you don't you add it every other week. Again he said this over and over and again we were amazed.

He did nothing but lie it was all lies. When we got the tub we also received the warranty and it was disturbing 100% different than what we were told. The book that we received then also stated a whole list of chemicals that was to be used. Again he lied. In 1 month we have gone through the welcome kit they give us and I have spent another $227 in more chemicals and filters. We paid twice as much for this hot tub than we would have paid locally. The customer service is short with you on the phone and extremely rude. Out of a dozen I have spoken to only 2 were nice.

It's time to look into hiring a lawyer as the salesman was fraudulent. The company is allowing them to sell their product by lying to their customers to get a sale and once they get the money they do not want to talk to you. ThermoSpas was supposed to be based off their great customer service and warranty however neither are correct. Please note that in really tiny print that you are to sign before the salesman leaves that you are not allowed to take legal action against them, why would that be? I had to get a magnifying glass to read it. I also shopped on their website for chemicals as I was going through them fast on March 21st and they charged my card that day however I have yet to receive anything. When calling to see if they would credit back my account until they ship it I was told the only way they could do that was cancel my order. So frustrated I am unable to say anything good about my experience with ThermoSpas.

Mr. Oas,

We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the chemicals. We have since reached out with a service resolution that we hope you are satisfied with. Please reach out to the Service Department if there is anything else you may need, at 800-876-0158.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983