2. Homeowners

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation. Its spas are customizable to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call ThermoSpas today for a free site inspection.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

PROS

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

CONS

• Limited pricing info online

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife feel better. She has arthritis and stuff.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Get a Quote

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?

Original review: May 7, 2020

The sales person was knowledgeable and had ample information for us, brochures, videos and pictures- and in depth knowledge of specific things that were important to us like filtration options, maintenance etc.... The company was very patient with us as we readied the spot for the tub and it was delivered by professionals when we were ready. We got all the information we needed to maintain water quality and take care of our investment. And the product itself is awesome. Rock solid, everything works great, you can really tell the quality. It doesn’t use blown-in insulation, it uses thermal barriers Instead so if we ever did need or want to get ‘under the hood’ it is simple and easy to do.

We got the ozone filtration package which reduces the amount of chemicals needed. We use it every day, on weekends even twice a day- and my skin has never felt better. Because we use it so often I got a Taylor Spa test kit- it’s very precise and worth the cost. My skin glows and feels like velvet which is quite a feat in your 60’s! My joints feel better, my skin feels better (even the heels of my feet of all things!) and it’s effortless to go to sleep at night after being in the spa. It was delivered in early March, and I’m so glad we got it when we did, it makes quarantine a much better experience! We never splurge like this but I’m so glad we did it this time. No regrets!

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was struck by the quality of ThermoSpas. I liked what I saw online and then their salesman did a good job describing the tub to me, which sold me. But I had one misunderstanding with him. He had mentioned a thank you gift given to me as a gift certificate from a restaurant. Because he called me with a question, I later found out that he was talking about if I referred somebody and I didn't catch that part. Also, I got a good discount for a tiny little scuff mark on it, which doesn't interfere with what it does. That helped a lot.

The installation went very well, but there was a funny part to it. I was told that I might get some of the things ahead of time in the mail and to leave it there. They'll put it together. I got this box that I didn't even open until the day. It was a towel rack. However, I didn't remember being told anything about a towel rack, but I thought that it made sense. I asked the installer to put it together and he did. But I was wondered why he looked at the directions. Later that night, my sister called me and asked how I liked the towel rack she sent me. I'm liking the ThermoSpas very much. I liked that there are so many jets and that you lie down in it instead of sitting down. It gets everywhere on your body.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I got a bunch of estimates and then went with what I think was the best. The saleslady was so professional. I was researching her and the things she was saying as she was talking to my wife. They were very personable and they’re the ones I would refer somebody who’s shopping for a hot tub. I’d take my experience and try to share with other people.

This is our first hot tub ever and we’ve only had the opportunity to sit on it about four times. Our weather has been terrible. The size is just right for my wife and I. The jets and the lounge seemed to be stronger. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2004, and I’ve always got a constant pain in my muscles in my legs and neuropathy, part of Parkinson’s, and this is the first time since 2005 that I have been without pain. It’s not the cheapest hot tub but the professionalism that we’ve received from the salesperson makes up for that. Since we’ve gotten our hot tub, I’ve checked other places. In fact, we have a hot tub place, Caribbean Hot Tub & Pools, just right around the corner from our house. I went in there and theirs was a little bit higher for a hot tub with basic features. The outside of their hot tub, which was more like a thin vinyl siding wasn’t as sturdy as our Thermospas.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swim assist lane and with the ability to adjust jet flows. However, it disappointed me a little as when the reps talked about the spa, they said that it cleans itself so well. But then once it's cleaning, it's leaving a stain on the shell. I can see that green stain like algae. That disappointed me a little because that was not what I saw on TV and it was one of the reasons I chose ThermoSpas. Still, everybody at ThermoSpas was knowledgeable and they got back to us within a short time period about questions we had. With my spa, I feel more energetic. In my spa, I'm also able to exercise my shoulders when before I couldn't do that or do push-ups.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Woller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! If you would like assistance with tips on optimizing cleaning and chemicals please call our Technical Support and Service department at 1-800-833-7727. They can often diagnose and resolve common questions by phone to help eliminate any algae problems you are experiencing. Glad to hear you are enjoying your ThermoSpas Hot Tub!

Elle, ThermoSpas Customer Support

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The thermo panels on the ThermoSpas are on the outside and you will not have to get to all the insulation underside. I went to several places and I didn't like the way the inside panels where you had to dig out insulation and foam to get to anything. If you gotta go in there to do work on something, you'd have to cut all that foam and insulation out. Over time, sitting outside, that’s also a habitat for bugs. With ThermoSpas, I also like the construction, the quality, the warranty and the easy setup. You can also pick your color, how many jets you want and where you want them, and how many pumps you want.

The salesman was wonderful too. I had so many questions and I’m sure I asked the same ones over and over but he never lost a beat with it. He took his time. Afterwards, they even came out here and followed up. They've also called since then. They called the day before and on the day of, they were running 30 minutes behind but they called and told me where they were. These people were absolutely wonderful.

Having the hot tub has been exhilarating. It’s been very nice. You get what you pay for in a lot of things and you can tell how well this thing is put together, in terms of the construction and everything on it. It has temperature control and you can design the tub to have the jets you want on. If you just have two people in it, you can just have those two jets running and turn the others off. There are also light features and I like the ease of getting in and out. The tub even has a center thing on the back that's like a cooler. You can put ice and drinks in so you can hold it while you’re out there and you don’t have to get in and out. That has been very nice.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I made a 2k deposit after selecting a spa. Due to covid 19 delays, I decided to cancel the order. The delay was 2 to 3 months. I needed to look at other options. Once I changed my mind sales person never returned my calls or emails and I have not received my refund deposit or any communication. So beware on your deposit if you decide not to buy. I was told it was refundable. Now I have to seek legal help to get a refund.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I bought the Concord almost 4 years ago, it is currently leaking. I called for service and I was given to a third party spa repair. My Spa should be covered for at least 50 percent of of the parts per the warranty agreement, not to mention, it shouldn't be leaking after only 4 years. I spent less than half for my last hot tub that lasted twice as long before I had any issues. Needless to say, the third party company that they referred me to, called and informed that I would be responsible for 100 percent of the repair as they do not carry Thermo Spa's parts.

If I wanted to order the parts at a 50 percent discount from Thermo Spa I would have to pay them to figure out what the problem was, then order the part, then pay them to come back out and install whatever part I received. In essence pay twice for labor and wait almost 2 months to get my spa fixed. I think their business practice is questionable and their product doesn't live up to expectation of as advertised. I will not be utilizing this company for my Spa needs in the future as its customer service is quite dubious.

Original review: July 27, 2020

10 year owner Concord Hot tub. Great experience for past 10 years. Need help restoring to new condition. Recent attempt at replacing part failed. Need ThermoSpas help in helping me replace parts needed.

Resolution response: May 26, 2020

I've tried to reach out to Consumer Affairs to edit and update my previous review, but didn't get a response. I do want to update my review to indicate that several of the issues I previously mentioned were RESOLVED by the company, including the issue of the scratch during installation and refund of the lifter. While I still do think that there are some areas they could improve in terms of scheduling and transparency about hot tub management etc, I want to note that my RECENT customer service experience was significantly better than what I experience back in the fall, when we initially ordered. So I'm adding this and upgrading my stars, as it appears they may have addressed some of the issues since I initially wrote the review (it was just published, but that took time).

Original review: May 14, 2020

First off, you'll notice other reviewers commented on the hard sales pitch and this was certainly our experience, as well. They'll tell you just about anything to get you to buy it. If I could go back to the night and tell myself NOT to make this purchase, I probably would. I think we could've gotten a comparable product for MUCH cheaper with much less hassle.

The hot tub: The product itself is ok. But, they'll tell you it's nearly maintenance free, requires far less chemicals than other products - and neither of these things are true. We are CONSTANTLY adding chemicals (near daily right now) and finding it very difficult to balance our hot tub after six months of ownership. The supposedly proprietary system that keeps it perfectly crystal clear does not. We are draining and refilling much more often than we were told to keep it clean and clear. We're also finding that their brand of products doesn't work as well for cleaning/sanitizing as other brands.

The delivery and setup process: Not easy at all. Scheduling was a bit of a nightmare and we quickly found that once we'd paid for the hot tub, getting a hold of ANYONE in customer service was near impossible. We'd walked through a particular placement in our yard with the salesperson, who assured us it would work, and long story short - it didn't - and he should've known that it wouldn't work that way. We were berated later on in the process by a customer service representative who told us we shouldn't have placed it there and that this was the source of our problems. Well, we'd asked specifically if it would work, but as others have said - the salesperson will tell you what you want to hear, not what's accurate.

We had purchased a spa lifter that clearly would NOT would where the spa was placed; we eventually, after many emails and calls decided to return the spa lifter for a refund and six months later still haven't seen anything. Also, when the spa was delivered, it got scratched - and they were supposed to come back out and buff it. Never did, and despite scores of messages left on the customer service voicemail, nobody ever responds to our calls. We gave up calling. Which leads me to customer service.

Customer service: There is none. You will never get anyone on the phone. If you leave a message, they will never return your call. I was only able to ever get ANYONE on the phone by picking a different option on the menu and then haranguing the person who answered into transferring me, but that was six months ago, and I've not been able to get anyone since. You will waste many hours trying to get someone to respond to you, and you'll probably give up, just like we eventually did.

Tips if you purchase: Look, my review is bad. But, I will say that the actual tub itself, issues with maintaining the water aside, is nice. It's attractive (aside from the scratches from delivery). It's comfortable. The jets are good quality, the lighting is good quality and it does maintain heat very well, even in the winter. All of those things are positives. So, onto what they won't tell you that you should know:

Don't listen to them that this is lower maintenance than other hot tubs. It isn't. It's not worse - but it's the same. Go in with that expectation. You will have to clean and add chemicals much more often than they tell you. Look, that's fine, I've owned hot tubs before - what we have to do with this one is more or less on par with what I've had to do previously, but don't let them sell you on this as a plus, because it's not any different or better than other products. It's the same.

Don't let them tell you any placement will work. We wanted ours to sit adjacent to a low wall, so that three sides were open (but the fourth would be closed off). No problem, said the salesperson. So we spent the money to install a concrete pad in this spot and then, when it was delivered, including the pricey spa lifter we had initially purchased, we found that you really cannot do this. It should be open on all four sides, and you'll need more clearance on that spa lifter than you think. Read the specs yourself and take everything the salesperson tells you with a grain of salt, because they'll say anything.

You don't actually NEED a fancy spa cover lifter. We were really quite angry, initially, that it wouldn't work after what we paid. Returning it for refund (which of course we haven't gotten yet, six months later) wasn't what we wanted to do. But, we ended up buying a cheap manual lifter off of Amazon and found that it actually works really well, because the cover just isn't that heavy. So if you're reasonably able-bodied, consider whether you really need the mechanized one they sell.

Don't expect customer service - they're not going to help you in a timely fashion. So, plan, plan, plan to make the delivery as easy as possible. Hire an electrician to do the work that has worked with hot tubs before, because they know better what to do then the Thermospas folks (our electrician SAVED this project). So...there you have it. Do we enjoy the hot tub? Yes, we do. Was it worth $9K? No, it probably wasn't.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We have only owned our spa for 9 months and really love it, but unfortunately the durability with some of the items hasn't been what we expected. Both items that broke are on warranty, but we placed an order for the locking shock almost month ago and it still hasn't been processed. Each time I call we get the reason is that they were shut down for 2 weeks, but in the mean time we cannot use our hot tub. We understand the shut down, but if we knew we would continue to need warranty parts due to breaking, we probably would have purchased one locally instead.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983