4.01/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

175 ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I liked ThermoSpas' manufacturing, the type of installation that the spa has, and it has titanium components. They had great reviews, too. I got the Park Avenue model because I liked that I can adjust the pressure in the seats. I'm a water person and I need to be in the water. I like it when it's 90 degrees outside and I've got the swimming pool in the summer. Now, I got the hot tub for the winter where I can get warm. I hate cold weather and I freeze when it's cold. Also, the tub has really helped my husband. John, of their reps, came out here once and he was amazing.

But there was one lady I called. I was getting confused on what she was telling me and I called her back two days in a row. She was really rude to me. And I wasn’t being rude with her. I wasn't getting what she was saying and she came at me with a really nasty tone of voice. When I asked her not to speak to me in that tone, she hung up on me. I called HR and let them know. They called me back and said they would speak to her. Hopefully, they can correct the problem.

In addition, for us people that live in the south, if I set my spa at 96, the temperature will go up to a 101 or 102. I called the other day and they explained to me that it's because they're mainly made for colder weather, with the insulation. They got to figure out a way to regulate the temperature a little better versus telling the customer to take the panels out to cool it down or throw ice in there. I was in it the other day, I had it set to 96 and it got up to 104. I can't have my grandkids in 104 temperature so, I need to really watch the temperature and that needs to be regulated better. Other than that, the spa has been amazing.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

We purchased our spa (ThermoSpas Park Avenue) in August of 2010, was not delivered until November of 2010 which meant installing it in the snow. Promotion by ThermoSpa was that this is one of the best Spas on the market their overall quality was superb and justified the high price of their spa as compared to other comparable models. The first 3 years the spa was overall trouble free, but by the 4th year problems mounted with a number of issues including: tub jets falling apart and out, an improperly installed poly line that was for another model and not used on the one we had allowing leakage on the interior on one of the pump motors (if the diverter valve for Section 2A and 2B was any position other full divert then internal leakage taking place).

This resulted in having to replace a pump motor, the Ozone generator tubing connections gave out due to plastic fatigue failure causing an internal leak and the fact that the Ozone generator was now dead, and finally this past week the control panel went dead which means no way to diagnose or start anything and since this is November in North Eastern Washington we are in freezing conditions with no way to fully drain the spa piping, i.e. connections to pumps were factory glued and I could not move them without breaking them.

ThermoSpas does not have any factory technicians in our area (probably not in many other areas either) nor do they have arrangement with any therefore you are on your own, not a very handy situation to be in. Called the factory for support and was given the runaround. If you're smart stay away from this company and choose a reliable one that can support their equipment and provide good after the sale support.

Robert,

We checked our service records and do not have any remarks on a recent phone call from you for service. Since your hot tub was purchased before Jacuzzi's acquisition of ThermoSpas in 2012 it is possible that you may have tried to reach us at an old phone number that is no longer in service.

The former owners of ThermoSpas provided different service areas than our current company, though we may be able to assist. Please call our Technical Support Team at 1-800-833-7727 (hours are 8 AM - 6 PM EST Monday-Friday, or 8 AM - 1 PM EST on Saturdays) to speak to a technician.

Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

ThermoSpas was the only one we found that had extra insulation in it and we bought their Concord model since it was what we wanted. Their sales guy was nice and upfront about everything. But they kept the tub in their warehouse in Vegas for over a week before they delivered it to us. We live about 60 miles from Vegas and I would have liked it down here because I had to jump through some hoops to get a foundation poured and electric node over. So I was put out by that. Also, the spa could use a few more steps going into it. My wife and I have short legs, so we have to make an extra step out of it. My wife likes the tub though and she’s crazy about it. But I'm not. If I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn’t have bought it.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My sister has ThermoSpas and it must be a good product because it has a 10-year warranty and we watched how they're manufactured. I have researched tons of videos and I went in that direction. We got the Concord model since it’s what I could afford. The customer service could be improved but that’s okay and both the sales and the delivery crew were good.

However, one of the guys got hurt and luckily, I’m a firefighter and I had some other firemen come and help us so, they got there right away. He hurt his arm badly but he wasn’t in the position to hurt himself. As they're pulling half of the spa off the trailer, he was on top and the guys on the bottom had all the weight. I heard him howling and screaming all over the place. We were able to help the man out and help the rest of the crew get the spa on the deck. We use the hot tub just about every night and my wife and I enjoy it. She was reluctant, but she's the first one to say that we should fill the hot tub. For the most part, it was good. It’s a great and awesome experience and we like it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

My wife has a back issue. ThermoSpas is of better quality over other products and we bought the Atlantis model for her. It helps her with her aches and pains. The installation team and the guy who repaired a couple of things after the installation were friendly and were able to answer our questions. Also, everybody was professional and honest with us. We've had a very pleasant experience and if we had to do it again, we would. We enjoy ThermoSpas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We saw extensive information on the ThermoSpas hot tub that showed on television that it was just so much better built than the majority of the tubs out there. I like the fact that it didn’t have the spray foam and that it was a lot more energy efficient. We bought the Concord model partly for the cost. The people who installed it for us did a very good job and put it up quickly. We're perfectly satisfied with how they installed it. The tub feels like it added luxury to our life that we never had before. In the evenings, once we're done watching our TV programs, it's nice to just go out and relax in the tub before we go to bed. I'm very happy with it. A couple of days ago, we got a letter from the gentleman that sold us the spa and thanked us for our business and sent us some card that we would get discount if we referred some other people for the tub.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

ThermoSpas seemed to be a better spa than everybody else and I decided to go with them over other manufacturers because of the warranty. The installation team was fine, although they weren't happy. They said it should have been a crane job but the salesman said it wasn't. So it took them some time, but they got it up as quick and as efficient as they could. Since the installation, I'm still trying to figure what to put in weekly and how to balance the chemicals. The water is still a little tea-colored. They left a manual with me so I just got to read that.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

What I liked about ThermoSpas was that we were able to sit down and talk to somebody about what we were actually looking for and we could customize to an extent. The overall experience was absolutely wonderful from the first dealing and dealing with the person who came to the house and the installation. The quality of the hot tub is wonderful especially compared to the one we had. The hot tub we had before was big and it was more of a party hot tub. We were looking for something more therapeutic with more jets now that we're old. I'm very happy with the product, the quality, and the experience. I would recommend ThermoSpas highly to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I did my research on Thermospas years ago, and it has better quality, as well as more jets than other hot tub manufacturers. So far, it’s been good, and our lives feel better. The sales guy and the delivery team were fabulous. We travel for a living as truck drivers and we’re home just a few days a month. But they have been very patient. It took us a year and a half for them to deliver our hot tub and we had to build the deck for it. It has been hooked up just two weeks ago.

One drawback we didn’t count on, however, was that they didn’t give us the information we wanted. From what we understood, it has to be shocked twice a week or we would wind up with all kinds of algae in there. The unit is just way too expensive to put in the hands of somebody that may come or not come over and shock it for us. My son comes over and mows our yard while we're gone. But the water gets destroyed if you forget just one time and we end up cleaning up and do more BS than what we want to. So we just empty it because we don’t want to go that route.

Water issues aside, ThermoSpas has great customer service. We haven’t had any bad issues at all. Even when we called customer service a few times about how to do the treatment, they are very good with it. They sent the email on how to do it and they followed through to make sure we did everything. It’s just a learning experience for us on how to make the water better through treatment.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I like the way ThermoSpas was built, its installation and the stuff underneath. Also, I don't have to dig through all that installation to get something fixed. Their people got wet when they brought it to me and they were really nice. When I have gotten into the tub, I really liked it and my boyfriend loves it, too. It really helps my back and hips. But I'm having trouble with it right now. I can't get the bromine on it. Sometimes I do and then sometimes I don't. I'm getting a lot of bubbles, too. I called them once because I couldn't get the alkaline and the other one up. They told me what to do and it fixed it really good. I thought I'd try to get this other one fixed by myself but it's not working so, I'll have to call in.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2017

On the morning of 9/11, Thermospas district sales manager and the delivery manager contacted me, apologized for my experience and proposed a plan to resolve all issues, which was more than acceptable to me. The delivery manager, Tom, personally took responsibility to be my contact and has followed up throughly and efficiently to get my issue resolved. That afternoon, my original salesmen came by my house to review the situation and see how he could help me. On 9/12, the national sales directed called me to make sure everything ThermoSpas proposed was acceptable, accepted full responsibility for miscommunication on their end, and gave me his cell number if I needed anything else or had any concerns.

There was miscommunication within the ThermoSpas team that caused my frustration; however, as soon as they realized internally that this happened, they went above and beyond to take care of me and resolve the issue. Which is all anyone could ask for, they really turned out to be top notch.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My experience with ThermoSpas has been the absolute worse experience I have ever had with purchasing any product... and it just keeps getting worse. My hot tub that was delivered 8/25 is sitting in my back yard full of dirty water because of their incompetence. No one in this company speaks to each other, they are extremely disorganized, and basically don't know what they are doing. I would never recommend that anyone deal with this company.

I researched 3 hot tub companies and chose to go with ThermoSpas because they advertise they service their own product and come to do a site survey prior to purchase to make sure you get the tub that will work in your situation. Unfortunately, this really means they sell you the most expensive tub that will fit on your property (or in my case won't fit).

My salesman came on 6/21/17 and reviewed my site and gave me the sales pitch. All which I was excited about. My tub was going into a 600 square foot glass four season room in a home I just purchased and would replace a 20 year old hot tub that was set into the ground. This room had a sliding glass door that he said would have to be removed to fit any tub in. After many measurements, the salesman completed the ThermoSpas Site Survey with stated the maximum spa size possible is 95L x 80W x 38H, it says I have a door with measurements 77H x 42W, and further says the doors need to be removed and the rough opening would allow for the hot tub to be carried in. I agreed to have the doors removed prior to the installation. I also knew that getting this tub would require me to have a concrete pad poured into the room, which I would have done by the expected delivery date of 8/14/17 - 8/18/17.

I purchased the tub on 6/21/17 and used the ThermoSpas financing through Wells Fargo. I received a phone message on 6/30/17 from the delivery team stating my estimated delivery was 7/24/17. As I was having concrete poured that week, this would not work for me, so I called the contact number left on the voicemail on 7/1/17. There was no answer and l Ieft a message to be called back asap as this date would not work and was not what I was advised. I never received a call back the following week even though I left 2 more messages.

This was my first indication that my experience with ThermoSpas was probably not going to go well. I then called Cynthia ** at **, and after leaving messages twice with no return call, I got finally got through to her in person. I explained that I could not have this tub delivered until after 8/1/17 because the concrete needed to cure. She said not to worry, it was not scheduled for delivery until after 8/21/17. When I asked why the delivery team called and told me it would be delivered 7/24/17, she had no idea.

On the week of 7/24/18, I have concrete poured in the four season room in prep for the spa for $2800.00. On 7/31/17, I received a call from the delivery team and they scheduled my delivery for 8/25/17 between 10am and 2pm. I was so excited and scheduled my electrician to come the next day to hook it up. In preparation of the delivery, I paid $475.00 to have all the interior windows and trim cleaned in the 2 story glass four season room, as they were very dirty from the concrete pour. I had the sliding door removed, and unfortunately, the age of the door and way it was originally installed, the door did not come out well and had to be cut apart to take out, so I had to order another replacement door at $1475.00.

I took 8/25/17 off from work to have my tub installed. I received a call from the delivery team that the installers were delayed and would be here between 3pm and 4pm. 4 installers arrived around 4pm. After viewing the site, they started unpacking the tub and making a lot of phone calls. They got to the tub and were asking me, who was your salesman, how did he measure this, and then stated the tub would not fit through the current opening. They saw there was a row of exterior brick that was about 1/2 higher than the poured floor and asked if I could have that 1/2 cut off to allow more room and I said I thought so. After more measuring, they decided that would still not be enough room. They said that unless I removed the glass panels above the door because they need at least 3-4 more height. I stated I was not removing these panels as everything was tied together.

If I removed the door header, all the panels above it may fall down and I did not know how to do this. They suggested to have ThermoSpas contact the Four Seasons and have one of their technicians do it. They then said they would have the spa left at my house until the technician could be sorted out. They had me speak on the phone to the delivery coordinator (Andrew?) who told me they would contact the Four Seasons room company and schedule them to remove the panels and he would get back to me (Of course, I never got a call back from him on this). On 8/26/17, I received a email customer satisfaction survey. I completed the survey outlining edited details of my frustration with ThermSpas and the miscommunication and problems they have created for me.

On 8/26/17, I received a call from Mark, stating he was the sales manager for my area, it was his day off, but he saw my survey come through and he wanted to take care of this right away. I felt a little more hopeful about receiving some service and I was VERY understanding about the situation and was assured by Mark that this would be taken care of. That he would call Four Seasons and see how the glass panels could be removed to get the tub in. I explained to him about removing the door, and now I had to replace which I would not have done if I wasn't having this tub installed. He said he was going to help me out with the cost of the door for all my frustration. I said what I really want is my hot tub installed so I could use it. He asked me to make some measurements for him and send pictures, which I texted him that afternoon, as well as the contact information about Four Seasons Green Houses. He said he would get back to me on Monday.

On 8/27/17, I received a call from Mark who said he had been trying to communicate with Four Seasons and that their customer service was very difficult. He said he had also spoken with Jim, the installer on more details of the installation. He asked if I could cut the bricks down, which would give us the room to be able to move the hot tub in. I explained that Jim told me he needed 3-4 to get the tub in, and even wrote this in the comments on the Delivery Report Checklist. Mark expanded that this was because of a dolly, but if they carried it in without the dolly, the extra 1/2 would work. I was extremely excited now that we didn't have to remove the glass panels, and said I would cut the brick down by Thursday 8/31/17. I asked him how many weeks this would take, and he said, "It's not weeks, we want to make this happen by Friday" to make me happy.

On 8/28/17, I left work early and cut down the brick. This left a layer of red dust all over the interior of the sunroom. I paid $475 to have cleaned, which was upsetting, but I was still excited I could get my tub in. I also took off the drip channel above the door and was able to get 80 1/2 - 80 3/4 in the height opening. I called Mark and told him, and he said he would get the installation scheduled for Friday (9/1/17). I texted him more pictures, and said that I hoped this would work and he replied "Should be good, find out on Friday." I took the day off on Friday for the revised installation. On 8/31/17, I received a call from ThermoSpas asking how I was enjoying my Tub. I explained about it sitting in my backyard wrapped up in plastic and all the information listed above. She said she would get on top of this right away to get it resolved. True to ThermoSpas form, I never heard from her again.

Finally, on 9/7/17 I got a message from Wells Fargo stating a charge for the hot tub had come through on my account. Since I have already been billed for this tub in my backyard, I called Mark and left a message to find out more information. I then called a second time when he answered. I asked him for an update to when this could be completed. He was very confused, and asked me, "So they couldn't get it in the second time?" I explained there was no second time, I was still waiting for it to be installed. He said he would find out something and call me back in 15 minutes. Of course, he never called me back. I'm pretty disgusted with ThermoSpas by this point and pretty experienced with their lack of customer concern or care.

I did get a call from the delivery team (Andrew?) on 9/7/17 to schedule the second attempt at installation. He scheduled it for Saturday 9/9/17 between 2pm and 4pm. I explained I have to leave by 6pm that night so they could not be late. He told me he would let them know I have to leave by 5pm. I decided to cancel my plans for that evening given my terrible experiences so far so I would not create more frustration on my end, so I had all evening for the installation if there were any issues.

On 9/9/17, the installers called around 2:30pm and said they would be at my home around 3:45pm according to the GPS. At 4:15pm, 3 installers arrived to put the tub into a room that 4 installers couldn't get in 2 weeks prior. The lead installer surveyed the site, made a lot of calls and there was a lot of talking back at the truck. The other installers unwrapped the tub and it was 1/2 full of dirty water because the tub was left right under my roofline and we had 3 major storms since it had been sitting there. Luckily, I have a sump pump so we connected that to get the water out. Finally, the lead installer tells me this isn't going to happen today. He needed more help to lift the tub inside and was trying to get a second team out but couldn't. He said he was not told of any specifics of this, had not seen any pictures, etc. I sent over 8 pictures at different angles to Mark which showed these details.

Given all the issues with this installation, WHY weren't these shared with the installation guys? The lead installer said they really needed room to get the tub in, because of the angles, step up, etc. etc. He said he would really need to reschedule the delivery when he could get more help. He said he would try to schedule for this week. I want to be very clear that both installation teams were very helpful, professional and as accommodating as they could be given the information they were provided with.

So it's 9/9/17 and I have a brand new hot tub with dirty water in the lines in my back yard, cardboard and plastic wrapping material laying around it and chemicals that have been soaking in water for over a week, that I am paying full price for. I am livid with the horrible customer service that has been provided. The TOTAL lack of follow through on everyone's end at ThermoSpas - Everyone says they will take care of something and all they do is pass the problem on to someone else a ThermoSpas and no one contacts me to see if the problem was resolved! They act shocked when I call and ask what is going on.

I have been very understanding of all these disappointments but now I am livid at this point. I spent over $5000.00 prepping the site for this ThermoSpas tub all based on their "expertise," and have followed all their recommendations to be riddled with problems. I chose this company because I thought I would avoid all these type issues based on their marketing. Totally disgusted and ready to make it my mission to advise everyone NOT to deal with this company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

ThermoSpas hot tubs are more therapeutic for some pains and their Concord seemed to also have more things for therapeutic effects for muscles and backs than any of the others did. The engineer who came over and did the sales talk seemed very knowledgeable about it, and it was a good experience. Then the folks who came over to set it up seemed to be very confident and they did a nice job. With a couple of phone calls for the delivery date, the folks are very pleasant to work with. We've had hot tubs for the last 25 years and the Concord has a couple more bells and whistles than the others we've had.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I highly recommend ThermoSpas Hot Tubs especially its quality. We wanted to get a spa for therapeutic purposes. I have two areas in my back that are broken due to a severe car wreck while my husband had a back surgery. I did some research and I saw good writing about ThermoSpas. I also liked the construction of their products and the durability of the frames versus the other spas. The sales rep who came out was outstanding, friendly, and very laidback wherein he did not pressure us. He gave us a lot of information too. We're very pleased and we're having a great time with our spa. I like the power of the rotating of the jets because it's very therapeutic. I use it every other day at least, usually in the evening after I get home from work. My grandchildren also love the ThermoSpas hot tub.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Ordered a Maui Diamond to replace a Lexington model, which we had owned for over 25 years. After speaking to the salesman, we discovered that we should have performed some routine service on the Lexington. However, we had no problems aside from replacing a little rubber piece on one of the jets! That is why we wanted to stay with ThermoSpas. ThermoSpas' website lets you build your model but pricing is only available when the site survey is done. We have since had over a dozen repeat calls indicating that we were interested in purchasing a tub and offering to set up the site survey. The last call happened almost a week after the tub was installed.

The salesman arrived on time and proceeded to run through his scripted presentation. Having already owned a hot tub, we did not need to hear all of the reasons why we should have a hot tub. And, we did not need to have the sales pitch and watch the videos telling us why ThermoSpas was the best spa available. Saw the videos online before setting up the site visit. We just needed a price! We had no intention of signing a contract without doing our due diligence with a cost compare on the other manufactures. But, the Maui offered a perfect size and most of the options we had been searching for. So, we worked on the deal and signed the contract. Projected delivery was 6 weeks. It was available in 5.

I had to draw the route the tub would take to its final resting place in our hot tub room. (Complete with gate and door sizes) It appeared that everything was covered. I even took off from work the week the tub was scheduled to be delivered. Installed a wood grain porcelain floor and widened the door frame to facilitate the delivery. Then, I got a surprise which I had not expected or wanted. Hot Tub Service of New Jersey showed up to deliver and the team consisted of a middle aged man, his wife (whose foot was in a type of walking cast) and a tall lanky relative of theirs. Obviously not the team I expected to see for delivery of a 700 pound tub! Despite filing out all of the information for an inside delivery and number of entry steps, they thought it was a backyard install and said they couldn't complete the install without my help. Having waited 6 weeks for the delivery, I agreed to offer my services.

I walked with Angel, the wife, around back to show her what I was talking about. The other 2 said they would call me when my help was needed. Feeling bad that she couldn't walk so well, I set up a lawn chair for her and then heard a very loud “bang” or crash. As I looked down my driveway I saw the tub half on the cart they would use for transport. They couldn't put the locking pin in the cart and decided to move the tub around back with my assistance holding it upright. OK, so I had obtained the engineering specifications and knew that it would fit through the openings. But, the level of effort needed to bring an unwrapped tub through my gate, was the start of an exhausting day. I took over when they wanted to lift the tub onto a plastic sled and pull/push it up the 5 stairs. Told them to take it off the cart and stand it up close to the stairs, lower it and we would already be more than half way up the stairs.

Their concern was having the tub hit the stairs hard. Told them I would be at the top of the stairs lowering the unit onto my movers blanket and extra padding which I had ready. That worked. What ensued was a valiant effort by the 2 guys to get it up the stairs while I was at the top. This was not working so I went down and helped them align and push the unit up the stairs. This took several trips into the house and back out to the yard. Running around to expedite the delivery really was a workout. Knowing the measurements and having chosen the tub because of the specifications, I was sure it would fit. But, not with the added styrofoam packaging. They were reluctant to take it off for fear of damaging the shell. But, I convinced them that we had to remove the foam and upon their insistence, we left the cardboard on.

After working on this for over an hour, it was finally resting in our hot tub room! The entire delivery team said they would not have been able to deliver the tub without my assistance and that I was very strong... Angel then started delivering her closing speech, quicker than the legal disclaimers following a commercial. Then, she asked me to initial and sign the delivery form. At this point, I just signed it without reading it. Later, I read the document in detail. Hardly any of the items, which were checked off as being covered, were actually discussed.

Items like: how to remove the panels, where the hose spigot is located, how to prime pump to free air, she definitely didn't point out location of the pumps, since the panels were never removed, how the therapy vales work, how to remove skimmer basket and I have no idea what “equipment plug in terminals” means. *It also shows delivery of an ice bucket lit, which wasn't applicable to our unit.* I cannot believe that I signed an acknowledgement that the delivery crew completed the checklist and demonstrated or explained all of the items listed! I should have known better and will now have to figure all of this out myself.

My electrician came to wire the tub and install the upgraded 60amp circuit breakers. After filling the tub, it was powered up. The priming mode completed and the display was blank! Only the lounge pump was functioning. Pump 1, blower, lights and temperature buttons, on the control pad, did not work! What a disappointment! Tried restarting the unit several times, to no avail. However, the control pad now continually reads 99 and none of the buttons work on it. Lounge still works. Could this be the result of the install team dropping the unit on the cart? It was a very loud crash and I was surprised that there wasn't any visual damage.

Called for service on Monday. As the service Department is only open till 1:00 PM Eastern on Saturdays. After remaining on hold for 19 minutes, an incredibly nice service expert, Mike, sympathized with me and assured me that the situation would be resolved promptly. I have confidence in his words and expect to be reaping the fruits of my labor in a few days. But I do have some design concerns. The spa pack location on the engineering drawing is not correct. It is located to the right of the filter not the left, as drawn. And, why aren't there finished edges on the styrofoam wall inserts. Every time you touch one, small pieces inevitably break off and float all around the motors and exterior. You would think that, over time, this would be a problem for the motors.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

My new spa was delivered in the first week of July. I was very excited and couldn't wait to get it filled up. The delivery team was awesome and very professional. Once the delivery team was gone and the tub was full of water and wired up the problems began. The first problem we found was a leaking valve for the pillow jets. Then we start inspecting and find two damaged slats, and the pillows in the tub weren't installed in the correct location. I contacted ThermoSpas and they were very helpful with getting these items taken care of and they also sent me free chemicals. At this point I'm thinking okay just a minor hiccup and all is good from here... A week later I go out to use the tub and find water leaking all around the tub. I start removing panels and find that a main suction line was leaking. It had filled the bottom pan of the tub completely full of water approx. 4 inches deep before it starting spilling out.

I immediately call ThermoSpa and describe what I'm seeing and they have me drill holes in the pan to let the water drain out. At this point it has already developed some mold and a nasty smell due to the 100+ degree temps here in Texas. ThermoSpa sends parts to my home and schedules a repair team to come out to repair it a week later. They get here and advise me that they don't have all of the parts to make the repair. They order more parts and come out 5 days later, drain my spa and repair it. At this point I'm very disappointed that I have just bought a top rated spa that retails for $15,000.00 and it has been drenched in the bottom of the tub and the OSB board had been under water for over two weeks.

I call ThermoSpa and voice my concerns to Mike ** whom is the director of manufacturing. I tell him that I feel I should get a replacement considering I haven't even had the spa for a month and I've already had multiple problems. I was also told by another manager it should not be an issues having a replacement sent, but he reassured me that if the tub could be repaired he would be in touch with me to discuss compensation and extending my warranty for all of my hassles, Mike even gave me his cell phone number to contact him in the future. It has now been over a week since the repair was completed on my spa. I've texted Mike twice and called him twice with no return communication from him. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm being avoided.

ThermoSpa had been great to work with up until the point that I feel like I was lied to by upper management. I'm a service manager by trade and I would never consider giving a customer the cold shoulder. Completely unacceptable and if I were to do it again I think I would've saved several thousands and taken my chances seeing how the quality they claim to have isn't actually there...

Mr. Jenkins,

I am writing to follow-up to ensure that we have addressed the issues you were experiencing with your hot tub. The service department advised that you spoke on 8/7/17 and that a resolution you were satisfied with was agreed upon. If there are additional concerns please contact Mike Tierney directly at the phone number he provided. Thank you for the opportunity to make things right and I hope you are enjoying your hot tub!

Sincerely,

Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: July 17, 2017

I am deeply disappointed with our Manhattan ThermoSpas and the service. After the delivery people left and we filled it up it worked for about 2 minutes. Getting a service person back out took two weeks. After spending over 10k you would think you would at least get a working product and good customer service. We used it yesterday and when we got it the water temperature was 95. I set it at 91 but it kept getting hotter??? WTF. I wanted to cool it down but it increased 6 degrees.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I like ThermoSpas hot tub's energy efficiency. The hot tub is very easy to maintain, very relaxing and we have entertained with it. Also, when I called them at the beginning because I didn't know what I was doing, their reps were really helpful. One of the sales rep came down to help me set up. I called again to ask a question. They're really great as far as customer service. They'll go out of their way to help and so far, it's been awesome. So far, our experience has been great.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased a spa 8 weeks ago. Wasn't initially convinced but the sales person convinced me to pay more for a quality spa but that is where the quality ended. Received my spa a week ago, delivery guys almost refused delivery since the sales person did not measure right, but finally they got it in after taking some stuff apart. Delivery was ok and helpful although they don't do anything to help setup. If you have never owed one you are on your own. After connecting power the only thing flashing on it was errors, sensor errors and nothing would come on. I had to call in and after 50 minutes I got someone to walk me through priming which had nothing to do with the real problem, the offer was to send someone in 48 hours, just got it and wanted to use it.

I opened the panel and checked the sensors. They were loose so pushed them in and finally got it running. Also had damage to outside panels and pillows, which I had to order replacement parts already, no care was taken. I received the pillows which is good, still waiting on panels. After using it, I started to feel more comfortable with the spa experience until I discovered a leak yesterday, asked for help and it won't come till next or so, again a week old and had electronic issues, damages to the tub and now leaking and very limited support, wood has time to rot.

They tell you that they don't deal with local stores so they can't shut down and then you would be stuck although they aren't local so you can't get any quick help and calling in is a nightmare. They have no one answering. I am in the business of customer service and this has to be some of the worse service I have received in some time so the reasons they tell you to buy from them are not true, the quality of the product is poor, they won't even help or call you on the day to check on you and when you have a problem they are nowhere to answer the phone. If you do have an issue there is no urgency to repair it, paid too much for a substandard product with poor quality. I would recommend you don't purchase from Thermospas, buy something local for cheaper since the Quality is not there.

Mr. Daoust,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve the issues you were experiencing with your hot tub. I have been advised by the service department that a technician was out to your home to replace the therapy control valve and that the spa was fully functional upon completion of the service visit. Our service director followed-up by phone on 7/29/2017 ensure that everything is working as expected.

Service is available to troubleshoot any additional issues you may have and we are glad to help! Please call Technical Support at 1-800-833-7727 (8 AM - 6 PM EST Mon-Fri, or 8 AM - 1 PM EST on Saturdays) to speak directly with a technician if ever needed.

Elle, ThermoSpas Support

Original review: June 21, 2017

Owned one 5th Avenue ThermoSpa since January 2004. I am a nurse and had turned 40. This little spa saved my spine and all my muscles. We have only replaced one cover with lift and one motor. We live in northeast and have watched many World Series world championships and Super Bowls outside with all the teenagers seated from the spa... Have recommended this to many.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I saw a ThermoSpas infomercial. They had a reputation and I liked the guarantee that comes along with it. I also liked the style and the service, including the fact that they came out and did an inspection on the property to make sure that everything would work properly. We told the salesperson that we had a limited amount of time because we had to pick up our daughter and he was very professional and courteous. There was no pressure. He was able to give us the spa we wanted for the price we wanted. He did offer a less expensive spa but we went ahead and had the custom one made.

It's the Atlantis model for $400. Size- and look-wise, it was perfect for our deck. We also liked the way that we could customize the color, so that it would match our décor on the back. It was a standard hot tub although I know that they have upgrades. The actual set up is like most of the other hot tub companies where you can actually customize the product. The reason I purchased the hot tub is because I drive anywhere between 1000 to 2000 miles a week and I found that the hot tub spas at hotels can relax and get your back straight out. It's a helpful way to relax after a long hard drive throughout the week.

The delivery people were very knowledgeable. They were able to actually deliver it and put it on the deck without using a frame. I was impressed how they got it up so easily and installed it. They also made sure that it was positioned in the way I wanted. And then after about two weeks of use, I was worried about a leak. There was water continuing to leak out of the motor area. They sent out a repair man who took a quick look at it and we haven’t had a problem since. They're great people to work with. We've had a great experience with ThermoSpas and my daughter in Saint Louis is considering getting one too.

Original review: June 16, 2017

In 11 years, I barely had any problems with the ThermoSpas tub I had at my last house in North Carolina. It's a lot more money, but they don’t break. There are two posts that the tub had to fit in between underneath the roof. There was a limited space and the Atlantis model is the only one that fits. They called once to make sure everything was good and they're good. Also, I'm more relaxed since the installation of the tub and I highly recommend them all the time.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I've had ThermoSpas before and I liked the design of it. I got the Manhattan model because that was supposedly the best. We use it everyday and it's a joy to have. I like the lounge and the wave features. Everything has been good, including delivery, set up and support. They're pretty easy to get a hold of and very informative. We got some directions back and forth to do stuff on chemicals. Our experience has been very good.

Original review: May 8, 2017

I had a Lifestyles hot tub which I bought from Wayfair.com and it cracked on me in the first year. I called them up and they wouldn't do anything at all. It had a one-year warranty but it cracked two days after my warranty. I attempted to fix it myself and there is absolutely nobody in Columbus where I'm stationed that fixes hot tubs. I had to leave it there and it wasted away. I wasted over $4,000 and it dwindled away. Then, I was looking at the TV and I saw ThermoSpas for over a year. I kept on looking at it but I didn't know if I should invest in another tub again. The family asked what I thought about a tub and my dad came in and said to invest in a tub. I said was not doing the tub thing again and that there's nobody to fix a tub around, but I called ThermoSpas.

They said they can send people to fix the tub and that it has a 10-year warranty. I thought I could deal with that but I was still on the fence and was 50/50. I called the guy and one of their sales reps came over. He explained everything to me, how it works and the financing and I decided to do it because it was zero percent financing. I also have great credit so, I figured why not and then I jumped on it. But it took me a little bit longer than expected to get it hooked up because it's direct power. It's unlike any of the other hot tubs that you plug and play so, I had to get an electrician to come in. That was a little bit pricey and took a little while because it's really hard to find an electrician around here.

Also, it's neither here nor there because I didn't have 220 power outgoing direct to my junction box to where I was plugging hot tub in. But the rep put me in touch with somebody and the guy came out, hooked it up, and I've been using it for the last three weeks now. Being in the army for over 10 years takes a toll on the body. It is impacting me a lot because I have back injuries. Tomorrow, I'm gonna hit the hot tub and I'm looking forward to that. It's an awesome experience.

Original review: April 28, 2017

You may find better looking hot tubs out there compared to ThermoSpas units. But ThermoSpas do have a nice design, strong structural frame, are very well-isolated, have a lot of useful features when added (blower, 4-6 pumps, more jets, large capacity ozonator, etc) that are worth of every penny you spend and every effort you make toward it. It will take you a couple of weeks to understand and manage the water chemistry and the chemical balance, but once you get it done, it will go just fine. Unfortunately, delivery crew are not very helpful when explaining features or it may be the excitement of the first day that overcomes the attention needed for absorbing new information. Whatever it is, you will need to read several times the booklet and I also recommend reading and having with you "Understanding the Water Chemistry for Spas".

Hope you know by now that placing the hot tub in your home is just the beginning. Be ready for 1500-2000 additional to pay for materials and electrical hook up, platform (very recommended, even on pavers) and a few toys that may enhance your experience. If you live in hot weather areas, your hot tub will heat up around 10-15 degrees over the set temperature which you may find ideal to save you money from heating 300-500 gallons of water.

However, an elevation of more than 3 degrees over that temperature will automatically shut off the circulation pump and trigger the automated flush for a few minutes only every 12 hours (from the first electrical run). That means that the water will not circulate 24/7 (as the vendor claims) with the "benefit" of "the best cleaning process for hot tubs in the market", This situation will prompt you to keep a close eye on the chemical balance of that water since it will stay still for a prolong time (roughly 11 hours) before the next flush or purge cycle. With that in mind ThermoSpas is an excellent choice when loaded appropriately with the choices they offer.

Original review: April 25, 2017

When I bought my house it had a tub already in it but the computer was shot and it was 10 years old. I heard ThermoSpas was the best. I got Maui which was a good model for the elderly. However, I expected a little more service than I got for $16,000. Even the guys that set it up weren't much help. It's a beautiful spa and it would be good once I get to use it, but I'm not too happy with the service. I'm not a very good reader and it's a little confusing on the chemicals. I found out that I'm not supposed to be using chlorine, I'm supposed to be using bromine. I'd love to get in and use it but I'm continuously trying to balance the chemicals in it. For the money that I spent, I could have gotten a spa that was a lot less expensive and didn't have a lot of service involved with it.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Mr. Bellavance, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that have come up with your hot tub. I would like to put you in touch with a Service Manager to make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your tub tub with ease. I have passed along your contact information and you can expect a call. Thank you for the feedback! ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: April 24, 2017

ThermoSpas looked like it was a good quality product. I got the Chesapeake model and it's very relaxing. It helps me sleep at night. The service was good and it was a good experience all around. There was a little leak and it was just a clamp that wasn’t tightened. So, the guy from ThermoSpas came out and fixed it, and it was fine. He was very nice and very professional.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I saw ThermoSpas on TV and that was what got us thinking about it. So, we bought from them because of the quality of the manufacturing and they have extras like having more pumps. It was also reasonable to do it in the space that we had to put it in. We use it almost everyday and enjoy it, so from that standpoint it has impacted our lives. I go out and shoot a 65 on a golf course, anything like that, because of it. We would certainly recommend ThermoSpas to anybody.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had responded on the web for ThermoSpas because I was interested in getting a hot tub. Then, somebody called me from Connecticut. It was a nice conversation with the guy. When the guy came, I smiled a little bit when he said he was a technician. But, I realized right away that he's a salesman and that was okay with me. The presentation was very solid. He was very good and very professional. He answered all my questions and gave me a price. I said “I can't do that. Well, get somebody on the phone who can.” And so we called back to Connecticut and it worked out really well.

I never had any exclusive hot tub before so I said, “Okay. Let's see what it's like.” So I chose a Park Avenue model and I got a fair price. I like the idea of the lounge, the wave and just sitting in the hot tub. Right now I'm enjoying the spa itself rather than having a wave with all the bells and whistles. Just last night it was cold, windy and rainy around here so rather than build a fire I'm getting in my hot tub. I'm very pleased with the spa. It really worked and I love it.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I purchased a ThermoSpas and while the initial experience with the product was good, I quickly found out that the company did not have any local service technicians and getting any repairs (which were plenty) were nearly impossible. So the hot tub has sat empty and useless in my backyard for the past couple of years. My advice...buy from a local dealer who services their product.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Hello Mr. Mikolaidis, I am following up since we were unable to reach you at the phone number you provided and we cannot locate an account under your name.

We have service all over the country and a technician in your area so please don't hesitate to call our Technical Support line to arrange a service visit to get your hot tub up and running. The number is 1-800-833-7727 and hours are 8 AM - 6 PM EST Monday through Friday or 8 AM - 1 PM EST on Saturdays.

Thank you! ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

A little delinquent in writing my review, I apologize for that. What can I say about our Aquacisor other than we "LOVE IT". From our first experience with our salesperson Joe, the delivery people, to when having a minor issue dealing with Zach in Customer Service all have been positive. My only disappointment was that I couldn't fit a full swim spa in the space that works. We use ours almost every day. We have not yet worked out a full exercise regimen but do what we can. There have been some days that just a Aroma Therapy session is warranted and having the depth which I couldn't find in any other makes it totally a relaxing experience.

As for customer service, Zach has an astounding amount of knowledge regarding any issues that I may have encountered. I did have a malfunctioning LED light which he was able to diagnose over the phone but had to send a technician out to do the necessary replacement almost immediately (couple days) which was fine. As having previously owning a Hot Tub we found that the overuse of chemicals to be a detriment to health, NO such thing with our new Thermospas and our Thermoclear system. It is important to note we have our Aquacisor enclosed in our garage/dayroom and there is very little to no caustic fumes. As you can tell we are VERY PLEASED with our Thermospas Aquacisor and all experienced contact with their staff.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983