2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation. Its spas are customizable to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call ThermoSpas today for a free site inspection.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

PROS

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

CONS

• Limited pricing info online

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife feel better. She has arthritis and stuff.

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swim assist lane and with the ability to adjust jet flows.

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The thermo panels on the ThermoSpas are on the outside and you will not have to get to all the insulation underside. I went to several places and I didn't like the way the inside panels where you had to dig out insulation and foam to get to anything. If you gotta go in there to do work on something, you'd have to cut all that foam and insulation out. Over time, sitting outside, that’s also a habitat for bugs. With ThermoSpas, I also like the construction, the quality, the warranty and the easy setup. You can also pick your color, how many jets you want and where you want them, and how many pumps you want.

The salesman was wonderful too. I had so many questions and I’m sure I asked the same ones over and over but he never lost a beat with it. He took his time. Afterwards, they even came out here and followed up. They've also called since then. They called the day before and on the day of, they were running 30 minutes behind but they called and told me where they were. These people were absolutely wonderful.

Having the hot tub has been exhilarating. It’s been very nice. You get what you pay for in a lot of things and you can tell how well this thing is put together, in terms of the construction and everything on it. It has temperature control and you can design the tub to have the jets you want on. If you just have two people in it, you can just have those two jets running and turn the others off. There are also light features and I like the ease of getting in and out. The tub even has a center thing on the back that's like a cooler. You can put ice and drinks in so you can hold it while you’re out there and you don’t have to get in and out. That has been very nice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I went for ThermoSpas more by comparison on what I saw, and what was offered, and the construction of the product itself. I like the way it was made and the way the interior was constructed, that it wasn’t filled with styrofoam, that it was insulated, and able to get to all the mechanisms inside if it needed repair. We have the lighting, jets and it’s the five-seat spa. The delivery process was over-the-top. They did a excellent job. And that’s one of the areas that I felt I was more concerned with based on some of the feedback that I saw, as far as reviews. And they exceeded my expectation when they came to do the set up. All around from beginning to end, I had no issues.

I was a first time spa owner and once it got installed I had to get it hooked up by my electrician, so it wasn’t filled when he left. I was left to my own to try to figure out how to handle the chemicals. When they left they said, “Okay. Once disconnected, you fill it up.” And I got the chemicals, and they gave me the sheet, and it explained how to use the chemicals, but they still leave some things to the imagination. So, if anything, I think that could be enhanced.

But I’m still learning. It’s only been a little more than a month since it was delivered. It took about a week to get the electrician to come back to do the hookup. I’m still trying to figure out to make sure that I have the right chemical setup and it's difficult if you’re not familiar with either having a pool or a hot tub. You need to know the pH levels and the alkalinity, and understand how to balance it. But once you get the hang of that, then it’s fine. Nonetheless, enjoyment-wise ThermoSpas has been positive. I have a 13-year-old son and he’s been pretty much utilizing it more so than me. And most of it with his friends.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We moved into this house about eight years ago. The house came with a hot tub that has no information as to when it was purchased. When we decided to redo our deck, my wife and I thought that we'd go with a new tub too. And just by coincidence, I was channel surfing one night and saw a commercial of ThermoSpas on TV. I watched it and then I made a call and we went from there. We purchased the Manhattan since it was similar in size with the spa that we were replacing. And it has a variety of seats that you can sit in. It also has a large capacity for people, and yet you would still feel very cozy and comfortable. Working with ThermoSpas' customer service team was outstanding. I originally wanted to get the CD and brochure when I called. And then, they set up a guy to come out and talk to us about it. He was excellent and not pushy at all. The follow-up service has been great too.

Our delivery had to be delayed by two months because we're having deck construction going on. There was no problem rescheduling it. In fact, the hot tub was delivered by two men and a woman and they were very nice. Since I was home, I offered to help. The first thing they gave me was a clipboard with a piece of paper to sign on it, and on that paper, it said that I was not to help at all. It got me worried. I thought that if this thing tips over off their dolly, it's gonna go right back to the factory. But the delivery people did a great job positioning it where we wanted it. Everything worked out fine. One of the construction workers found a chipped piece on a corner. So I called ThermoSpas and they did not ask any questions. They didn't even want any proof or pictures. They sent a replacement piece immediately and that was very impressive.

In addition to that, before we hooked up the tub electrically, we had it covered since there was so much rain. One day, I looked inside the hot tub to make sure everything was good and by lifting the lid, I could tell that there was a lot of water. I called ThermoSpas' customer service and told them about it. After I sent pictures, as well as a video showing the water dripping, they told me that a new cover is on its way. It arrived about a week later so it was great. All in all, it took at least two months from delivery to hookup. We had the tub covered most of the time due to the other construction works going on. But when we had a big party and our grandkids were here, they thoroughly loved the hot tub.

Original review: April 21, 2019

The ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesman, Scott, came to the house and he told us all about their product. He was as nice as he could be and he answered all our questions. He even had me go through the process of building the spa myself. He gave me different options and he told me to choose which one I love and that was what we did. He was fantastic and I couldn't ask for a better sales rep. He even gave me two little rubber ducks to put in the tub. He also helped us with the paperwork. The customer service was awesome.

We got the Manhattan and there were about six people who came for the installation because the spa was so big. They had it set up in no time and the guy that was in charge of them pulled us over and explained everything to us. He even had us do this and that to make sure we knew what we were doing and he told us all about the chemicals. While he was talking to us, he called the rest of the boys and told them to clean up because cardboard and plastic were everywhere when they were taking the tub apart and putting everything in. They cleaned up everything. At the end of it, it wound out being built just like I wanted it to be.

The tub is fully loaded. It has 174 jets and it's wonderful. I like the ones that come out by my neck. I love its color. It matches my patio. I love the lights that are in there and also the size of the tub. I can have friends over. The wave is the biggest thing. My boyfriend is 6'4" and he fits from one end to the other. He has arthritis and back problems but when he gets in the tub, he just melts because it feels so good. The wave really massages his back. Plus, the tub requires hardly any maintenance on it whatsoever. My experience with ThermoSpas was wonderful.

Original review: April 10, 2019

ThermoSpas has an excellent reputation. My husband has a bad back, so the one we purchased has an extra massage option for medical therapy. It’s good for him because you can just jump in and it’s ready to go. You don’t have to wait for it to be heated up. He feels it does help his back. The representative we dealt with was very nice during the sales process. Any time we had any issues after that, the whole process took a long time to actually get it inspected for use. He was quick with his text responses. Installation was fine, however, whoever we used dropped it onto the ground from the truck. But he checked and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

The one thing I don’t like about it is, we have a Maui Gold, and the panel to turn everything on, but the panel is small. It’s actually hard for my husband to press it. You have to press it a couple of times. It has menus, but it’s very small. So, he actually said, if he had seen what the panel was like, he wouldn’t have bought it because it is 10 grand. So, he was very disappointed in the size of the panel. The book we got was a little bit outdated. A guy from ThermoSpas I called sent me a more current book in terms of how to adjust the jets. It wasn’t really clear that you actually had to turn on the jets manually, ‘cause they were closed and opened. That was not in the manual, and I thought that was not very helpful. I, nevertheless, spoke to a tech, and he instructed me on what to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: April 1, 2020

We were just looking and ThermoSpas came up. The representative who came out was informative and sold the product to us. We bought the Atlantis 400, which is a spa and we love it. We are not using it as often as we want to right now because of the weather but we plan on using it a lot more.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We purchased a replacement cover from ThermoSpas a few years ago. The original cover had deteriorated after several years of use. From day one the one side of the cover would fill with water. I thought it was coming in from the hot tub. Two years ago I shut down the hot tub and completely drained it. A few days ago I opened the cover to restart the hot tub and the cover had a lot of water in it. It took over ten minutes to drain. Even worse, there was 12 inches of water in the bottom of the hot tub. The fitting on the heater had broken allowing water to leak into the structure and the wood on the bottom of the hot tub was completely rotted. The damage to the hot tub was extensive due to freezing over the winter.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was struck by the quality of ThermoSpas. I liked what I saw online and then their salesman did a good job describing the tub to me, which sold me. But I had one misunderstanding with him. He had mentioned a thank you gift given to me as a gift certificate from a restaurant. Because he called me with a question, I later found out that he was talking about if I referred somebody and I didn't catch that part. Also, I got a good discount for a tiny little scuff mark on it, which doesn't interfere with what it does. That helped a lot.

The installation went very well, but there was a funny part to it. I was told that I might get some of the things ahead of time in the mail and to leave it there. They'll put it together. I got this box that I didn't even open until the day. It was a towel rack. However, I didn't remember being told anything about a towel rack, but I thought that it made sense. I asked the installer to put it together and he did. But I was wondered why he looked at the directions. Later that night, my sister called me and asked how I liked the towel rack she sent me. I'm liking the ThermoSpas very much. I liked that there are so many jets and that you lie down in it instead of sitting down. It gets everywhere on your body.

Original review: March 23, 2020

I bought the Aquasizer based on the presentation, it seemed to fix my needs. I bought it mainly for my health issues, and once I got in it the first time I wanted to stay in it! The construction, the quality, the warranty were all great. I picked the color, how many jets I wanted and where I wanted them. The delivery process was over-the-top. They did an excellent job. They brought the spa in a truck and a crane and since my garage is in the way, the spa was lifted over my house and set down in my patio, then wheeled into place, it was amazing to watch. Customer service is great and very responsive. I had a leak but they came out right away and fixed it, even in the midst of our shelter in place. I would highly recommend Thermospas.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I love my hot tub. I had backyard swimming pools previously, so I was familiar with pool chemistry. I know how to do water quality maintenance, so my water is sparkling and clear. I’m a civil engineer and a fairly technical, mechanical guy. I did some decent research and went with ThermoSpas because I appreciated the quality of their product. They aren’t the cheapest, but I certainly feel it’s worthwhile. I’m a Costco member, and I looked into the spas that Costco offers, and I could tell the difference. Besides that, with Costco, they drop it off at the curb and you’re on your own trying to get it into your backyard. With ThermoSpas, the installation was excellent. I’ve had the spa two months now and I have no regrets about the fact that I didn’t go for the cheap product. This is my first ever spa and I’m very pleased with it. I use it every day and it’s been great.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983
    10 Research Parkway, Ste 300
    Wallingford
    CT
    www.thermospas.com

Get the news you need delivered to you

Sign up to receive our free weekly newsletter. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

You’re signed up

We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.