Call toll free
4.32/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

302 ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a Gemini hot tub from ThermoSpas since I was looking for a two-person tub. The salesman came and the interaction was very positive. He explained all about the tub, and he didn't pressure me nor try to get me to buy. He talked to me and then set us up. When I thought I had a leak, I reached out to their customer service. A tech then came out and explained everything to me while he was here. I didn't have a leak. It was a leak coming out of the overflow. Overall, I’m very pleased with ThermoSpas. The quality of the hot tub is very nice. I would recommend it.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

This is 45 minutes of my life that sadly I will never get back. Their salesman was rude, rambled for days, and literally never showed us one hot tub. This man smelled of alcohol and seriously made me question the safety of having him in my home. I will never do business with ThermoSpas because of this experience.

Hello Kelley,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We take this kind of feedback seriously and Our Customer Experience Manager, Tom G., has left two voicemails with hopes of discussing the details. If you would like to speak please feel free to call Tom or send me a private message here with the best way to contact you.

Very best,

Elle, ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I wanted to buy a hot tub so that my great grandkids and I could play in it. I got one from ThermoSpas and the salesman that I dealt with was knowledgeable. I like the way the tub looked and it is bigger than the one I had. Also, I have back problems and it is supposed to help you with your back. I like the quality of the tub. I had two panels that were broken, but I got them in the other day. I've already recommended ThermoSpas to my niece.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Initially, the ThermoSpas salesman came out to talk about the product and discuss it. He was on time, polite and very knowledgeable. We purchased the hot tub right away from him. I love its quality. Its cost was a little bit more than what we had originally anticipated spending, but I'm still happy and there's no buyer's remorse. Doing business with ThermoSpas was painless and easy. If I had been in a different mindset, the wait would have been excruciating, but we already were anticipating that we didn't want it delivered until after the holidays. Knowing that they build it per your specifications helps in the wait time. But once I knew that it was in the warehouse, I was chomping at the bit to have it delivered to the house.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I decided to get a new hot tub, looked on the internet and it appeared to me that ThermoSpas was the best one. Their rep was very knowledgeable and answered any questions I had. He measured where the tub was gonna go and how they were gonna get into the house. Everything was good. He knew his product and I like everything. I have very bad arthritis and the hot tub helps me a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I researched different spas and that of the ThermoSpas was the one I liked. I liked the model and I liked how many jets it has. My interactions with the sales rep were perfect and the overall quality of the spa is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We saw ThermoSpas' commercial on TV and tried to get a brochure. Our brochure turned into someone coming to the house. The rep was very good. We were not planning on buying a spa that day at all. Before he walked in, we said we were not buying anything. Then three hours later, we bought an $18,000 spa. We like the size and therapy of that particular model. Its quality is very good and we’re enjoying it so far. My husband had a crick in his neck Saturday and we got in the tub Saturday night. When we got out, it was gone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was doing a little bit of researching and looking around. There were about four or five tub models from ThermoSpas that looked like they were at the top of the line. However, the issue is there are different types of programming modes on how you wanna heat your tub, and the standard is basically whatever you set it at. It keeps it at that for forever, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There’s an economy mode where the heater doesn’t engage. There are two windows you can set, and if it’s not within that window, the heater stays off to save from this heating in off hours.

In any event, last week, for the first time, I turned to the economy mode, and I was told by ThermoSpas that the default is something like 6:00 to 8:00 in the morning and 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening where it’ll likely heat up the water with the economy mode. I noticed after that, it started to get warmer, and all of a sudden, it was up to 107 degrees, and I don’t know what the heck happened. I kept pressing the button to display the temperature, the setting and it was still set at the same setting that it had been all along.

So I wind up turning all the pumps on and took the cover off. What I wound up doing was I just turned the circuit breaker off to it, and let it sit off for maybe half an hour and then turned it back on and put it back in standard mode, and it has been consistent since then. It’s set for 101 degrees and it stayed at that temperature since. I honestly don’t know if turning it into the economy mode did something or if the thermometer in turn that turns the heater on and off has an issue or what. And I don’t know if when it goes into economy mode if there’s another temperature setting that I’m unaware of. I thought it was still gonna be set at the same 101 temperature that I have.

Nevertheless, the overall quality of the spa is very nice. But the disappointing thing for me is I bought this Park Avenue one and it’s got like a lounge in there, and I asked the salesman, and I don’t know if he misunderstood me but I’m 6 foot 6, so I don’t fit in things like the normal Joe. And I don’t fit there in the lounge. My knees got to be bent up. I’m too long for it. The rep measured my back and there is one seat there that has three seats and each one is at a different level. There was a deep one, which I do fit in that, and the rep even said that it's good. I’ve also been looking at purchasing some chemicals and it looks the prices are insane. But like ThermoSpas' extended warranty. They have a better warranty than any other that I sought. If their warranty is much longer than anyone else, then it’s got to be quality stuff.

Hello Mr. Mcateer,

Thank you for the opportunity to speak on the phone about your hot tub. I'm glad we were able to address the issues you were having. Please feel free to contact our service team if you ever need assistance in the future.

Regards,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I've had Hot Spring, three in a row and the experience was flawless. Then I buy a ThermoSpas. They sold the size of spa I wanted and the price was right. But I have two issues in a month, where it goes completely dead. It's the second time since they delivered it and I'm very disappointed. The tub has been down more than it's been up.

The first time the tech came he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He said, "There's power." I said, "Well, it ain't running." He started fiddling with it and it came on. I said, "What did you do?" He said, "I don't know." And I said, "Well, that's not good." It's not a power issue. It tripped the breaker and the breaker will not reset, so there was something shorted in the tub. It's frustrating. I would not recommend them to anybody.

Mr. Saleh,

Thank you for the opportunity to provide service on your hot tub. I have confirmed with your technician that the visit went smoothly and that your spa is fully-operational. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything you need in the future.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

While all models of ThermoSpas are built very well, my wife was partial to the Park Avenue model because of the way the feet came up. I also like the ultimate seats in it. In addition, their salesman was very informative and keyed me in on what to look at when I went to other places. So far, I'm pleased with the ThermoSpas spa. But I'm having an issue with the blower not coming on when the pumps are on. Also, I had issues with the chemicals. The salesman said he'd come and take a look at it and also help me get the chemicals right once he comes back from his vacation.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had a ThermoSpas a few years back, and I liked the product. They stand out better than a lot of them that I had. I got a hot tub that has 100 jets in it, and I had a good time with the ThermoSpas team when I purchased it. I’m waiting for the electrician to come and do the wiring. Maybe the book will tell me everything. I didn’t get a chance to really get through it yet. But it tells you chemical-wise how much of this or so much of that to put in. Overall, my ThermoSpas is a good-looking unit.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My neighbor had ThermoSpas and I asked him about it. He introduced me to his salesperson, Butch, who was awesome and very detailed. The Concord model seemed to be the right fit to me with the capability and price range. I got the one with the bubbles and I liked the size which fits five people. I picked out the things that I liked such as the number of jets that it had on it, the number of pumps and even all the way down to where I put it in my backyard. The spa got here right in the middle of December and once I got it wired to the house, I used it the same day. I've been sleeping well since using it and all in all, it was a good purchase and I'm happy.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Would never recommend that anyone buy a hot tub from ThermoSpas. Would give zero stars but am not allowed by this site. We placed an order with ThermoSpas on 29 Sep 2018 for a hot tub for our family of 6. Since the salesman said that the hot tub would be delivered in 8-9 weeks, we figured that it would be an early Christmas present for the kids. We couldn't have been more wrong! We received an email on 25 Oct 2018 stating that our hot tub would arrive the week of 03 Dec 2018 to 07 Dec 2018. That week arrived and we hadn't received any further word from ThermoSpas.

When I contacted Mr. Adrean ** (no last name or direct contact information was provided for this employee...this is a big red flag that they don't like to speak with customers) regarding our delivery status, he informed me that the hot tub wouldn't even be shipped until 05 Dec 2018, but that the warehouse would contact me when it arrived (after 7-10 days of shipping). No reason was given for the delay. After 10 days, I didn't receive any calls regarding our hot tub. I contacted Adrean ** again and he said that I would receive a call either later that day on 14 Dec 2018 (Fri) or on 17 Dec 2018 (Mon). No call came. On 18 Dec 2018, I tried to contact ThermoSpas again and some poor guy who repairs the hot tubs was stuck listening to me complain because the delivery team doesn't answer their phone or return messages.

On 19 Dec 2018, we were finally contacted by someone from the delivery contractor who said that delivery could occur either 26 or 28 Dec 2018 (Wed or Fri) depending on the availability of a crane and that they would confirm. We did not receive any confirmation. We found out that a delivery attempt would be made when a frontend-loader (forklift) was delivered to the front of our house at 7 am the day after Christmas (26 Dec 2018). We figured that it's late, but at least our out-of-town guests would get to see the hot tub before the holidays were over. Wrong again!

After making an assessment, the delivery crew foreman told my husband that the forklift would probably tear up our side yard (where was the mystery crane that we were waiting on confirmation about?); however, we weren't given any options other than that they would take the hot tub back to the warehouse. (The salesman had taken measurements and pictures back on 29 Sep 2018 and the path that the delivery crew was going to use with the forklift was completely different from what was stated in our contract.) In order to get the hot tub to our back deck, the foreman told my husband that we'd have to cut down a small tree (which my husband did on the spot). The delivery foreman blamed the salesman for not knowing how these hot tubs get delivered.

The massive forklift got stuck in the soft earth of our side yard and didn't make it close to our deck (guess that we didn't need to cut down that tree after all!). The foreman damaged his pick up truck while trying to pull the forklift out of the mud. Our salesman had asked us to call him when the hot tub was going to be delivered because he said that he would be there for delivery if possible. I had contacted him and he showed up just when the awfulness of the forklift getting stuck happened. I bet he was sorry that he agreed to show up. He also pointed a finger elsewhere saying that he was told 8-9 weeks for delivery (it was Week 13 at the time). No one in this company or affiliated contractors takes responsibility for anything. The delivery crew couldn't move the hot tub or the forklift. We were told that a larger truck would pull the forklift out of our yard on the next day and that the hot tub would once again have to return to the warehouse.

The next day, the delivery crew still couldn't extract the forklift without first dropping our hot tub on the ground a few times (I have video of this) and crushing a bush in the process (the hot tub probably won't work even if it does ever get delivered). (No larger truck was brought to extract the forklift as was previously stated. It is difficult to keep up with their ever-changing story.) They needed to get the back wheels of the forklift onto our driveway for traction (it cracked our asphalt in the process). Then, they dug up underneath our yard to recapture the hot tub to extract it (we won't find out if they've destroyed our sprinkler system until the Spring).

The "delivery" crew finally managed to extract the hot tub and we were told that in the New Year, we would get a call once they managed to get a hold of a crane, which is what they should have used in the first place. Today, 08 Jan 2019, my husband contacted Adrean ** regarding the delivery status of our hot tub (On 26 Dec 2018, when my husband called Adrean ** to tell him about the damage done to our property during the delivery attempt. He told my husband that he would keep us in the loop, hasn't happened. He also told us he would have to speak with a supervisor regarding any restitution, which hasn't happened.) On 08 Jan 2019, Adrean ** told my husband once again that they were waiting on confirmation for a crane.

We are wondering if we'll receive our hot tub by Christmas 2019 and if it will actually function or be in a million pieces after being dropped to the ground a bunch of times by the delivery crew. We do know that ThermoSpas has had our down payment for over 3 months. We would feel even more foolish right now if we had paid for the entire thing up front. Thank goodness that we didn't do that. At this rate, I don't think we'll ever see the hot tub or our money again and no one at ThermoSpas cares. The delivery team said that the salesman's timeframe of 8-9 weeks was unrealistic and the salesman blames the delivery team for the property damage to our yard. Pointing the finger at each other does nothing for our family though. Again, no one at this company has taken any responsibility for this disaster. Would never recommend that anyone buy a hot tub from ThermoSpas.

Ms. Dutka,

I appreciate your willingness to work toward a delivery scenario that was safe and efficient and apologize for the delay. I'm glad to hear that the final delivery went off without a hitch. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have need assistance.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

A buddy of mine in New York owns a ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Park Avenue model and we really liked it. The number of jets, the ozone appealed to us and the fact that we don’t have to change the water because I have hard water here and I have to treat my water. Working with the people at ThermoSpas has been great. They follow-up with a phone call or an email and they want to check and see how things are going. I talked to the guy the after the install because when they initially delivered it and got it here, they sent the wrong cover. The guy said, “Well, I’ll be here the day after Christmas to change it out,” and he did, “and I’ll have the correct cover on there.” So, all that was done per my conversation with the installer.

Also, an issue that I’m having with the tub right now is that the plugs where the air bubbler system is tend to keep popping out from day one. I discussed this with a guy at ThermoSpas. He sent me some new ones, but I haven’t put them in yet because they’re screw-ins. I don’t know if that’s the solution or not. The jets are so strong it unthreads them and unscrews them itself. Just to check it out, I screwed them all the way back down and six of them popped out. I screwed them all back down, I turned the air bubbler system on and in a minute three of them were almost unthreaded back out again.

They need to come up with another solution there as far as that thing is concerned. It’s a $16,000 tub. I shouldn’t have to be screwing stuff down. But overall, I’m happy with the tub. No matter where you sit in the hot tub, it’s very relaxing, we had another hot tub prior to this one and it doesn’t even compare to this one at all. This is the Cadillac of hot tubs. What they say about this hot tub, as far as ThermoSpas goes and their videos that I’ve seen, it definitely exceeds everything that I’ve seen in there.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I got the information on ThermoSpas as promised and after reviewing we decided to get a price for a 3 person spa. After getting a preference at how I wanted to be contacted by email was the preference that I wanted I have not gotten 1 correspondence from anyone. I just wanted to get an idea what the price would be for the spa and there was nothing, so with that being said I will go some place else to purchase a spa. If I can't get an idea I will not consider purchasing anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Salesman said probably 7-9 weeks. Salesman said probably sooner but didn't want to over promise. After 5 weeks we were notified order was as scheduled. Within the week of supposed arrival we called just to check and was then told it would be another 4 weeks. Maybe a great tub but not sure when I'll know! Over 3 months for delivery!!!

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Williams,

Thank you for the opportunity to speak about the unexpected delay with your hot tub production and delivery. I am very glad that we were able to discuss a resolution. If you have any further issues, please feel free to contact me directly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

A coworker has had a ThermoSpas for four years and he raves about it. Originally, I was looking to get an in-ground spa put in, and that was more at the retail price of what this one was at in the beginning without any discounts. However, the in-ground spa would not get as warm as an actual hot tub and it would not have all those great, beneficial jets for your sore muscles and aching back. The ThermoSpas tub also had a 20-year warranty on the shell and a 10-year warranty on the motor which was great. Those were better than what you can get from a car.

The Wave Lounger has 40 odd jets that goes from top to bottom, so you get the little massages from the neck down to your toes and then, you can stop it where you want it. I liked the whole-body massage experience for better health. It only comes in a smaller model so it would have been great if they had a five-seater versus the three-seater. The customer service team has been awesome but my spa is not working. It keeps tripping and I had the ThermoSpas tech come out. They said it was the motherboard and they were supposed to have ordered one yesterday. Hopefully, it’ll be in this week.

I’ve had it since the 22nd of December, which was a funny time of year to try to get an electrician in, so I got an electrician on the 31st to wire it. Half the jets on the other side weren’t working either before it tripped and I was thinking it got wired wrongly but we verified the wiring was correct. They came in and looked at it on a Saturday, which was not a normal day to come out and look at people’s spas. So, the fact that they came on a Saturday versus waiting until yesterday was great because they know how long I had it for and the problems I was having. I even had an electrician on the phone with the ThermoSpas customer service when they came out the second time to be sure that everything was done right.

The delivery team was awesome. They did it where I wanted it, planned the different features and what everything does. I told the sales guy what I wanted. You can pick whatever you want which was great but they sometimes have spas that are in stock because people couldn’t take them and I took one of those. I had big savings to get what I wanted except that it wasn’t the color that I would have picked, but they worked fine. It was not worth paying that massive thousands for the colors and it works great on my landscape. I got one of the top-of-the-line, so I’ll be very happy with it once it’s up and running fully. Even with all the stuff going on, I would recommend ThermoSpas based on the fact that it worked for a few minutes when I was sitting and it was great.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I had a spa with a bubbler on it before and they don’t build any of that anymore. I liked the bubbler system in the Concord model and aside from that, the price package was good. The interaction with the ThermoSpas team was good and since purchasing the tub, they have called me a couple of times. The installation of the tub went well and since I got it, I have used it every day. I’m more relaxed and I get therapeutic help.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

When I called and met with the salesman, he seemed very versed in what he was selling. He did a fantastic job so I bought it. I've heard good things about the product and I really did not shop around in terms of the cost. It wasn't that important as the service and as far as the service is concerned, they did everything that they told me they would do. All of the people that I dealt with were also very professional in what they did. The quality of the product is fine too. We spend quite a bit of time in it and I love it so far. I'm very pleased with ThermoSpas.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I came across ThermoSpas on the internet and they were more expensive than the other ones but I figured out that I’m 66 and if I bought another one and it lasts me 14 years, that got me where I wanted to be. I was banking on that this won’t perform less and I’d have less service calls on it than the others. The two gentlemen came out and they were very polite, courteous and willing to help. I gave them each 20 bucks because they did such a good job. I got a brand-new hot tub and I like it. My wife and I use it five out of seven days. We designed it where my wife and I could sit together in it, turn the jets on, have a cold drink and watch TV.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I'm getting up in the ages and my bones hurt. But the hot water in this spa makes me feel like I'm 20 again. It has a lot of jets. And it has the neck pump. My grandkids, my son and my wife love it. The quality of ThermoSpas' product is a hell of a lot better than any others. I had a spa years ago. I bought it at a Home Depot and the quality wasn't as good. With the way the ThermoSpa was made, the quality is excellent. The top comes up then I would lift it off again and it's really nice. You gotta pay for good quality and with ThermoSpas, you get what you pay for.

It was also excellent dealing with them. The salesman was a down-to-earth person. He recommended an electrician to come to my house because I didn't know any and the electrician was a really cool dude. The people who delivered the spa were fabulous, outstanding people as well. I didn't know about the chemicals and the guys explained everything to me. All the functions on the spa were also shown to my wife and I. Those people were A's in my book. I'm really happy with ThermoSpas and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This is my second hot tub and I hate that I got rid of the other one. When the ThermoSpas salesman came by, I was hoping my wife would say that we like it but we don't need it. I wanted her to be the bad guy and say, "No. We can't afford that." The other one we had was only about four years old but my wife said she didn't know I didn't really want the hot tub. Also, I think she fell in love with the top that they can put on the ThermoSpas, where one person can raise the top off of the tub. That's what sold her and I also like that feature. The salesperson also had a good sales promotion. He didn't push and he did his job. I was excited about it but I didn't want to get into another $10,000 debt. We had paid off the other one and we were just enjoying the fruits of not owing anything on it.

When the guys delivered the hot tub, I had electric wiring already set there. The guy said the he was certified and he could wire it up since we had the wiring. There were only three wires you have to hook up. He went on and hooked up the three wires, and I was good to go. All I had to do was put the water in and turn it on. So both of the people we dealt with were good. ThermoSpas was originally gonna charge me $500 to haul the old one away. But I wound up selling it to my neighbor across the street.

However, I really regret that I didn't buy one with the instrumentations on the top. We've had the hot tub here for over a month and we've only been in it one time because I had a hard time reading the little panel. You've got to turn your head upside down. Then when I'm standing on the outside of it, I gotta bend my head over and look at it. The guy kept telling me some numbers. When he told me to go tell him what it said on there, he said he couldn't see those figures in my book. Then it dawned on me that I was reading it upside down. That threw me off. With the other one we had, I had it right on the top, facing the railing where I could look down. It also had a reverse switch on. If you're standing on the outside of the hot tub, you can read it normally then if you're inside the hot tub and you want to see what the settings are, you can press another button and it would reverse the lettering.

I think ThermoSpas has one other model that's almost the same size but the dial is on the top, not on the side. In fact, I think this is the only model where the dial is on the inside of the tub. With the other models, they're laying across the very top railing of it where you can read it easily whether you're on the outside or the inside of the tub. They had another model, the one next to this and if I had thought about it, I sure would have elected to get that size. I think the models get bigger and this is the small one. I had a double door especially made to get the hot tub in and out of the all-seasons room. The salesman did all the measurements and that was the reason why we couldn't pick anything bigger.

There was another problem when I was setting it the first time. When I reached out and touched the water, it was still warm but before we got it adjusted right, I raised the lid and the water was ice cold. The other hot tub I had kept the water at a certain temperature. I wondered what was wrong so a service guy came out and we played around with the gauges. After that, he said it should stay at whatever temperature I had it programmed at. Occasionally, I would raise the top and stick my hand in the water and it is still good and warm. So we've solved that problem. I know it's using more electric that way but I never know when I'm gonna get in there and I'd rather it to be warm for whatever day we decide to get in it.

But if ThermoSpas is still gonna sell this model, when they make out new ones, they should put the dial on the very top and make it a little bit bigger. It's small. You almost need a little magnifying glass to read it. The dials on the other models seem to have been bigger. That's the only improvement I would like. You do most of your program outside the tub though, and once you got the hot tub set up, you're not changing it that much. The temperature is the main thing, whether you want it to stay warm all the time or just stay warm when you are starting to switch it. It doesn't seem like it takes long to warm it up, maybe a couple of hours or so.

Another problem originally was that when I was testing the water with the little test strips, the other tub used the same kind of test strip but it was read in a different way. So I was reading the test strips wrong. I couldn't quite understand how the guy over the phone was reading it. When the second guy came out, he showed me and told me how to do it. He told me the main levels that I would wanna make sure of and then I could get in the tub. It took a little getting used to but the day we got in the tub, it felt good.

I liked the water really hot. It felt good while I was in it but when I got out, it really made me lightheaded. One time, I stayed in our first hot tub for about 40 minutes and after I got out and sat on the steps, I passed out. The next thing I knew, my wife came in there and said I was laying on the floor. Now, we have the temperature notched down a degree and we don't make it as hot. That helps for us not passing out or getting too dizzy. We also were told we shouldn't stay in it that long. Now, I also use the tub every 15 minutes. We would stand up, sit on the outside and cool off a little bit for about five minutes then we would get in there and go another 15 minutes. We're learning how to use it.

My hot tub is in an all-seasons room and I can use it all year long. But we don't get in it as much as we would like to. I especially need to get in there. I'm getting ready to have back surgery and I'm really having hell with my back. But I haven't been able to climb up the steps to get in it because it hurts so much. Sometimes, we would get in the tub twice a week but most of the time, it would be once a week. I hope that after this back surgery that I'm supposed to have, I'll be able to get in it more. I enjoy the hot tub and I like the way it looks. Other than the top on it, it looks almost like the other one we had. But I would pay the difference if I can get that other hot tub and put it in here with the read-out on the top.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We watched the infomercial on ThermoSpas and I was impressed with how they are made. If there were any issues for maintenance, they are not all foam underneath, so that impressed me. I also liked the design of it and how many it seated. The sales rep was very friendly and informed us on a lot of stuff and showed us how the tub worked. He said he has one himself. The installers were friendly and helpful on any questions. They showed my boyfriend everything. We broke one of the lock things and they shipped us some right away. So far, we are pleased with everything.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The quality of ThermoSpas' heaters and pumps and the inside of their spas seemed to be easier for maintenance especially for me if I needed to do something. With other products, I didn't feel the quality there. I purchased the Concord from them due to its size and amount of jets. It also has a little bubbler system and it's the Platinum version. It has the Deluxe LED lighting package on it too.

The only bad thing I had was that they didn’t have steps in stock. It took a few weeks to get the steps. And then, when they sent out the steps, they didn’t have the hardware in there for the steps. So, they’ve ordered other steps and it took another week. Other than that, ThermoSpas' customer support has been good. I try to use the hot tub nightly depending on the weather and it’s relaxing. I definitely enjoy the time in it and it’s been a good experience so far.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

After spending $15k on this "top of the line" unit our tub was delivered but never worked properly. The delivery person (1 person) rolled it down our hill breaking many internal connections which we never knew about until about 2 years later. We had some leaks which their service folks fixed as best they could when I could get them to come out. Then the cheap pressboard wood bottom rotted out and the electrical components fell onto the ground. All of the components would then short out and not start up - our service person advised that they would not put any more money into the tub until the bottom was fixed/replaced. I called ThermoSpas which at that point had been sold to Jacuzzi Inc. And was told my cheap cabinet was only under warranty for 3 years so they attempted to sell us another brand new unit for another $15k.

My wife and I were livid that they would not replace this cabinet after all the money we spent fixing their screw ups!! What a piece of junk and a total ripoff! I escalated up to management but was told the standard BS "We are sorry for your experience but Jacuzzi will not replace the unit." So I hereby warn all who are considering buying a ThermoSpas hot tub - DO NOT DO IT! These folks are ripoff artists and Jacuzzi has done no better! The hot tub was poorly designed and their one man delivery guy is famous on hot tub blogs for how many units he ruined himself. Though he does not work for ThermoSpas anymore they will not rightly fix the issues caused by this individual and consistently ignore any requests to do so.

I am super angry at the way we have been treated and told Jacuzzi so to no avail - they totally ignored my requests for replacement as well as removing this pile of crap from my property. Their attitude was pretty much "We got your $15k so what are you going to do about it?" For this reason I will continue to evangelize - DO NOT BUY A THERMOSPAS HOT TUB!!! You will pour money into it and never get any enjoyment back. The quality is horrible, their support folks are downright impatient and arrogant. Their service is lame and even if you do get it going as advertised the chemicals are too expensive!! BEWARE - This is a very bad company that does not give one hoot about the consumer - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I grew up in Wallingford which had a ThermoSpas factory right behind my dad’s work pretty much my whole life until they moved to Research Parkway. So, I’ve always been aware of ThermoSpas. Also, based on research online, it looked like it would be one of the nicer, newer models compared to other ones I’ve seen. The tub was for me and my wife but we planned out entertaining from time to time so we didn't wanna get just a two-person. The Concord was the size that was right for us in our circumstance. Also, I like the amount of jets that were in it and that it had three separate pumps and the LED lights that can change the power on the head cushions as well as within the tub. And I like that it seems to be really well-insulated, so it didn’t have to work that hard to retain the temperature. and it has nicer seats for just the two us, which is good.

Our ThermoSpas was delivered at the end of September, but for some reason, the system didn’t show it until about a week ago, which is hilarious because I’ve had it for a while. There was just a disconnect. They called me and were checking to see what day was good for delivery but it was delivered two months ago. But everybody I worked with was amazing. The people who delivered it were great and the guy who sold it to me, Tom, was fantastic. Then, the people who called to check in on the status of this were very helpful. It’s just funny how long it took for them to notice. That was a little strange to me, but other than that, everything has been great. Once they saw it was delivered, they reached out to me and people sent me emails about how to take care of it, which was helpful.

I use the tub all the time and it is fantastic. It was more expensive than what I would’ve expected when we started shopping. But then you realize what you’re getting and what you’re sacrificing if you get one that’s half the price from a different company that’s not very well-insulated and the electrical cost would be much more. There’s a reason it’s more expensive.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I did research and most of the companies were at least about 4 or 5,000, but you couldn’t get anybody to come out or they didn't have it and would have to order it. Then, we talked to Walt at ThermoSpas. When we got the tub, it was damaged. We got four panels and two of them were damaged because they brought it here late in the evening. They’re supposed to be sending some stuff to fix it. The tub is all right. I’ve got it wired up, but it doesn’t have the motors in there yet. Walt told me that the Chesapeake doesn’t have an Ozonator on it, but I could get one and have it put on. But he didn’t tell me that I would have to pay it upfront. After I’ve done paid the 1,500 down, I own it. I was disappointed first. I called Walt, he didn’t call me back, and then I got to speak to him with a text. That’s why I said, I thought we just run it. I’ve talked to Steve and he's gonna set it up.

Mr. Bolynn,

Thank you for the opportunity to work out a solution for the part your hot tub needed. I'm glad to hear that the service visit went as planned and that your spa is fully functional. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any service needs in the future.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

ThermoSpas tubs are custom-made and they’re pretty much the top of the line as far as quality. Sebastian explained to me all the different features and he wasn't aggressive as far as trying to push anything on me that I didn't want. He looked at the backyard and we came to the conclusion of the size that I needed and went from there. The Concord tub we got has a lot of jets and there are four pumps on each corner which is kind of unique because most of the ready-made spas don’t have. I got a really good deal as far as the purchase price and what I actually got. Also, I’ve gotten tons of follow-up calls if I was happy with the delivery. It seems like they follow through as far as customer service is concerned, so I'm very pleased with that aspect.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was looking online and we were just investigating stuff and then it comes up that we can get somebody from ThermoSpas to come to the house and explain all about it. They didn't put pressure on us to buy ThermoSpas but they offered an incentive if I bought it with them that day. Having somebody right there to personally go over stuff helped to seal the deal. He drove a long way to get here and we had a nice chat. He was very personable and informative. He answered questions and gave us information that we might have questions about later. The Concord has 99 jets and three pumps. It has the pillowtops that make it nice to lay back in. It looked like a good thing.

It was delayed a month so I called back to find out why it wasn't coming in. He got me in touch with somebody in Connecticut and they said that there had been a fire at the warehouse, so it will be delayed finishing tub. Our tub hadn't been damaged, but it needed some parts. Other than us waiting a month and not knowing why, we've been able to communicate and know what's going on and stuff.

We had to call back because we couldn't get the hookup. The electrician hooked it up like it was said with the instructions but it didn't work. They called back and they had to switch the ground wire and it popped right on. But now, we have an issue with the pump that does the left side, which is the whole front and back of the spa. The water is not coming out on the pillows. We get it to work on the others, but we can't get the two pillows to work. And we've got the jets in the body and in the foot. It's just not at the head and the neck. So, I don't know if something's messed up, or we're not pushing the button right or something. But the customer service has been very nice. They're very willing to help and they listen to what you have to say. They take the time. Also, the tub is very nice and we're enjoying it. ThermoSpas has been a great company to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased a Chesapeake due to the number of people it could have and the amount of jets it has. I purchased through the ThermoSpas salesman who came out and he was very professional. He knew what he was talking about and was all around nice. ThermoSpas offered to finance and it was not gonna be a lot of money. Also, the warranty on their product was good for 10 years. One of the little spinning things fell out, and although it’s not interfering in the function of the spa itself, I have to call and have them come and fix it. Other than that, we love the overall quality of the tub.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. They are based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983