toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's nice to come home after a long day and relax in my hot tub. It takes the stress of the day right away and is a great way to spend some quality time with my husband. My daughter likes hanging out with her friends in it. It seats 6 people so we always have someone hanging out in it! It's easy to maintain, easy to keep clean and doesn't make my electric bill skyrocket. Since it is outside, it's even better to go out in the winter and just relax with snowflakes falling all around you! A must have for anyone with busy hectic schedules!

I love knowing that after a long day at work I can come home, pour myself a glass or two of wine and spend some me time in my hot tub. My favorite music playing, shut my phone off, it's so calming and peaceful. Nothing more relaxing.

ThermoSpas had good reviews online and everything seemed to be fine. The salesperson came out and they're the only ones that make an Aquacisor without going to a swim spa. Then there was a production delay. We were okay with that because we're gonna put our house on the market and we spoke with them about it. ThermoSpas called to say that the spa was in Portland. We told them to have it delivered. However, the delivery person never returned our phone call. Finally, I got hold of Adrian and after two calls to him, the delivery guy got back to us. He was supposed to come out and look at our site. It took a month and a half before we could get the delivery date confirmed. We also had ordered the cover special way but it's not correct. They told us we would get it within 10 to 12 days and it's now almost a month that we have not heard a word on it.

When there were problems with the delivery person to make amend, Adrian sent us six months’ worth of chemicals which was very nice. We were very appreciative of it. But everything is falling apart again since delivery because we have a very expensive Aquacisor sitting on the patio that we can't use. It was a very bad communication for them and we're very disappointed. At this point, if it wasn't for what the contract term said, I would tell them to take it and give us our money back. But that's not an option. I'm in the process of composing a letter to send to him because it seems like telephone doesn't do well. One time the glitch was with us. But I called and thought we had corrected that. The delivery person just kept stalling. It looks like it's a very fine product. But when you can't use it, it's not so great. We're very unhappy with them.

I've been using ThermoSpas since September and I totally enjoy it. It's what I wanted when I got it. I had another tub before but it was worn out, so it had to go, and I had to have another one because I have multiple sclerosis. I really like ThermoSpas better because it has a lot more jets and it's a lot easier to control. ThermoSpas had a guy come out and to check it out. He told me where to put the tub and he checked with me a couple of times. He was really smart. He answered my questions and knew what he was talking about.

I did some research on the internet and talked to representatives from a couple of different companies and ended up buying from ThermoSpas. I looked at their warranty and the way it was designed to put together, and that’s what made me decide to go with them. I sleep better at night because I use the hot tub before I go to bed. It is very relaxing at night.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

I've had ThermoSpas for a month now and I'm more relaxed when I use it. I had used an in-the-ground spa at my other house for about 10 years which is therapeutic for my neck, shoulder, and lower back issues. The areas of concentration were adjustable, but there were spots that it cannot reach so I had to crawl underwater to get to it. But now, there's plenty of it to make that happen with my new hot tub.

I've had hot tubs for 25 years but when I was able to afford it, I got the top-of-the-line one from ThermoSpas two months ago. It’s a superior product and a pleasure to own it. The installation was very professional and it's been generally a good experience.

Christine, the ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesperson who came to the house, was very nice and confident. We enjoyed her. She even contacted us several times to see how things were going. We had to install something even before we started work on it, which was done timely and very nicely. We just got the tub and the electrician isn't even finished with it yet.

I feel more relaxed with my ThermoSpas hot tub. It's all good. The sales guy who came out to the house was able to answer all my questions and any concerns I had like making sure the spa I had picked out would fit where I wanted it to.

ThermoSpas have the best spa ever and I use it every day. I like that I can just sit in it. We had a few concerns, though. The control for the lounge doesn't have a light. When it's dark, we don't see where to press and we have to have a flashlight. Other controls should have light as well. At some point we also had a lot of this white rubber coming out. Most of it was found on the lounge side and it's really hard to remove despite having bought two sponge and a cleaner. It also comes right back. On the same side where we found that, some of the jets were blocked. We removed the jets and there was a big silicone coming out of the spa. We were concerned about where the silicone came from and if there was going to be a risk later on that some pieces would come apart. But we love the spa and the fact that we can adjust everything differently depending on how we feel. We can share it with another person too and that person can do her own thing.

I did some investigation with local spa companies since I figured I wouldn’t have any problem getting service locally. We had gotten prices from them concerning some of their stuff without going to the showroom to see if it fits our budget. On the contrary, ThermoSpas wouldn’t give us anything over the phone. They insisted on a guy coming out to our house, which was fine. After the sales rep came out and showed us the different levels that we could purchase, in doing research on the computer, I found out that the Park Avenue was the most popular model. We wanted something above average and we're looking for something that is three-quarters way up the scale as far as its accessories and amenities, so we went with that.

We ended up spending almost twice as much as we intended to spend. It wasted my budget, which was the downside. The upside is that the warranty that comes with it is something that nobody else in the industry has, and the warranty is worth our peace of mind knowing that for the next 10 years, I've got coverage on my spa. It covered the difference.

Once the spa was delivered, it was set up. The delivery guys told us certain things about it. They didn’t rush anything. They came out here and did a good job. We went through a delivery checklist. We filled it up with water, did the preliminaries, tested the water, put the proper chemicals in and got that established, and then, we're good to go. It works well. We had families visiting from Texas and one of them was my daughter who owns several Jacuzzi type systems in her house in South Padre Island. In fact, I don’t think she uses her own spa that often, but she’s been in ours every day since she’s been here.

I watched ThermoSpas on a commercial. We received our hot tub in July and had trouble with it ever since. Our fuse blew and it took about three weeks to get somebody to come fix it. I don't want the tub - it's not at all what I expected and there's been a headache ever since we bought it.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Jim, I am sorry you had such a poor experience with our customer service. We do our best to deliver the best service possible and apologize if we did not live up to our promise. If you would please contact us at 1-800-833-7727 with more details about your issues we can address your specific needs in a timely and efficient manner. Thank you. ~Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I purchased a ThermoSpas about 25 years ago when they were sold by local individual spa stores. The individual stores were responsible for warranty service and any other assistance you may need. The spa I had lasted a long time. NOW, they are based solely out of New England. They say that their headquarter are based in the U.S.A. That is true. That is all that is true. The Hot Tubs are seriously overpriced, cheaply made, and customer service is almost non-existent once you've laid your money down. Don't believe me. Search Complaints ThermoSpas and you'll see. Choose another manufacturer.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Brenda, Thank you for reaching out. I’m sure when the time comes you will be the one to make the decision. But, that’s not what this appointment is about. This appointment is designed to allow you to create the Hot Tub that’s right for you and your budget. Let me assure you that discussing this with both of you together will actually use much less of your time by answering all of your questions in a single visit. A site visit takes approximately 60-90 minutes. Inspecting your site (or sites) and determining your best options base on your specific property takes approximately 20-30 minutes. Then, we'll take 20-30 minutes to look over pictures and videos of your options and answer your initial questions. Finally, we will take measurements, calculate an exact price and deliver it in writing before we leave. We respect your time and we're not going to waste it! Is there any chance you would be willing to let us visit and show you how great the experience can be? ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I am extremely disappointed that the customer service rep cancelled my design appointment because my husband couldn't be there. I clearly articulated that he does not want to be there and that we have very conflicting schedules, we both work. I am totally capable of making all of the decisions as to what I want in a hot tub, especially since I am the one that wants this, not him. I am also financially independent, I could pay cash myself or qualify for a loan with my own credit if I chose to pay with credit. ThermoSpas is doing a huge injustice to the company to insist on such qualifications for a consultation. You are forcing people to take their business elsewhere without even hearing about your product. You really should reconsider this policy to avoid losing future business.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Thank you for letting us know about your sales experience, Marcin. The service you received is by no means up to our standards and I apologize if our technician was unprofessional. I have alerted our Sales Manager to your feedback. If you would like to speak to him directly please call 1-800-876-0158 and provide your name as a reference. ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: July 1, 2016

I have scheduled an appointment for a sales/tech rep to come out to our home to discuss the right hot tub for us and provide us with pricing. Unfortunately the next available appointment wasn't available until July 2, 2016 (made the appointment 3 weeks prior). 1 day before the appointment I received a text message to call them (they should be calling me to confirm the appointment not the other way around). I called and confirmed that I, my father and my mother will all be present at the time of the appointment at our home. Sales rep (Kelly) canceled my appointment claiming she needs the owners to approve. I provided the owners (my mom and dad) contact information but the sales rep still canceled my appointment.

Shortly the sales rep texted me again saying appointment is canceled but instead they can have a technician work with me over the phone or she can schedule a new appointment for a different time. Decided to move on from this experience and not deal with the company. Imagine if I actually purchase a hot tub from them and had any issues, would have been a nightmare!

We've had ThermoSpas for three to four months now and the tub has improved our outdoor living space. Also, our aches and pains have been better.

I've been using ThermoSpas since January. It's relaxing and I enjoy it. Their reps answered right away when I had a question when I first got it which made it easy to get started with everything.

We love the bubbles about ThermoSpas. Their team members were very friendly. The only disappointment was it was not delivered as planned. There was a crack in the factory and I had to wait. We wanted it for Christmas and didn't get it until January, but they provided smooth service overall. I'd buy it again.

We've had our ThermoSpas since January. We used them because of the price and that it's all open underneath and easy to fix being open at the base.

I have my ThermoSpas hot tub inside the sunroom that I built. I can use it anytime and it’s very relaxing. So far, everything has been excellent. I'm completely satisfied.

I trust ThermoSpas and they showed me how the hot tub was put together. ThermoSpas was more expensive than some of the ones that I’ve checked but I felt it was reliable. It was my first hot tub, so I didn’t want any trouble. I have a lot of problems with my knees and ThermoSpas has really helped with that and with my aching muscles. The hot tub is easy to maintain and I’ve been happy with it so far. I’m excited to see how it goes when summertime comes.

ThermoSpas' quality was higher than other hot tub manufacturers so I chose them. During the purchase part, they were friendly, courteous and knowledgeable and since the installation of our hot tub, we have an improved outdoor living space.

I had ThermoSpas last November and I like the way their products were built. I enjoyed being in the tub since I get out of work to just relax and it has taken a lot of the stress that I felt away. The problem that I'm having right now, trying to control the temperature, is nothing major. I just need to look in the metal handle just a little bit more and I'll figure it out, but all in all, I like the spa. I wouldn't buy anything else.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Ron, Just a quick follow-up to confirm that your chemical maintenance needs have been satisfactorily addressed by phone with our team. It looks like we've got you back on track, but if there are any further issues please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-833-7727. Enjoy! ~ Elle

Original review: June 7, 2016

It's a lot worse with ThermoSpas Hot Tubs than I thought it was going to be. I like the hot tub but it’s always either cloudy especially when I use pump 2. The customer service people told me to do several things. I did it and it acted like it was going to clear up but it never did. So, I just don’t use pump 2. The tub got an ozonator on and it’s got that thing that goes down inside where the filters are to flush them out. I’ve asked the customer service and they explained it like it’s so simple and I cannot get it right. I am messing with it now. I put chlorine in it every other day since I can do the tester. And when it says to do something, I’ll add or delete it and I’m going to get my test strip and it says pH in pad and it got colors there and the next one is chlorine, the next one is pure alkaline. What the heck! And then the last one is PPM stabilizer, nearest handle.

On the chlorine thing, I could put five tbsp in this sucker and it still doesn’t bring that chlorine level to the purple like it should. I can sit here and smell chlorine. I’m not ready to take a sample of the water and go down to a pool place. My girlfriend who got a hot tub doesn’t know what it is and can’t get it to clear either. So I don’t know what’s going on. I work on this thing more than I did my pools. I paid over $10,000 for this and I wouldn’t buy it again. The customer service people were friendly and knowledgeable, though.

I started getting arthritis when I was a high school freshman. It's not terribly bad but bad enough that I don't want to get it any worse. So when I thought that I could afford the ThermoSpas, which is not cheap, I bought it. I decided to build a deck in my backyard to set the spa on and then enclosed it in a room since it's generally windy where I live. I haven't used it yet because I did several things to my house and they aren't finished yet. I’m sure that the spa will be great and I’m looking forward to using it.

Since I had my home presentation and got my price, I had a question relating to the size of the deck I will need to the hot tub and steps. I emailed the salesman (he did not leave a number to call him at) and a week later I still have not heard anything. Yesterday I went to a local hot tub show and found a tub as good as ThermoSpas for $6000.00 less and it tells you what is wrong with it when it goes wrong and I have local support. I hear that ThermoSpas are made in Mexico.

I really liked ThermoSpas. I interacted with them a couple of times for my questions and it has been pleasant. I was thinking to call them to see if they could send someone to check on the hot tub because sometimes the buttons for the options doesn't respond and I don't know if that is something that could be done. Other than that, it's really good. I purchased it because I'm a cancer patient and have fibromyalgia, and it's comfortable. I'd recommend ThermoSpas.

The installers did a real good job. I had a good experience when I purchased it and they did the installation. But we're just starting to use it. I had it turned on and it was running. It ran for about two days when my wife went out there and it was shooting water out of it. It's just gushing out and lost about half the water out. So we shut it down and just started it back this morning.

I got my first hot tub from ThermoSpas back in December and the team from ThermoSpas were very professional and were a great help. I'm a lot more relaxed since having my ThermoSpas tub. I'm very happy with everything, including the tub.

I got my spa in December of last year, and it's made me more relaxed. My aches and pains are less. It has improved our outdoor space, too. It looks really nice where it is and my girlfriend also loves it. I had a wonderful experience with ThermoSpas.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Profile

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983