Call toll free
Call toll free
4.20/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

219 ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

So I put a deposit down on a spa two years ago and have decided to go down another road. I have been trying to get my deposit back for 6 months (which I was told is refundable) if I decide not to buy the spa. I cannot get the salesperson (Paul) or his manager (Steven) to call me back much less refund my monies. I called the corporate office and was told they cannot do anything that I have to speak with sales person. "So what do you do when no one will return your call," I say. BUYER BEWARE. Unless you have money you want to kiss goodbye. I think they are very unprofessional and obviously do not stand behind their commitments.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My ThermoSpas hot tub was a little pricey but I've had a great experience so far. I use it almost every day and so far, it's been perfect. I like all the therapy that it provides for the elderly. It soothes my joints and arthritis. One time, I couldn't unlock my display so I called ThermoSpas. It turned out that there was a typo error on the book on how to program it and they were very good about it. The maintenance is pretty simple too. It's just keeping the chemical readings and cleaning the filters.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My daughter found ThermoSpas on the internet and it was convenient. The customer service rep was helpful and so far, the sales team has been pleasant. The Concord has 99 jets and I was using it twice a day but I had a heart attack and so I’m just starting to use it again but I’ve always enjoyed it. I may have overpaid for it but with finer things in life, you gotta pay extra.

Original review: May 25, 2018

ThermoSpas is far better than with the other hot tub manufacturer I went before. Since using the tub, I feel better. I thought the cost was a little much but it’s worth it. And I like the wave lounger. ThermoSpas was great as well as the customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The quality of the ThermoSpas is good. The only thing that I’ve seen that they could’ve changed was the access door. You have to open same as the spa. They could’ve made that easier. But I got a decent deal. I didn’t feel like I got bent over. You get what you pay for. And I’m loving the spa. I’m addicted to it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: May 19, 2018

I got some replacement panels of the spa the other day. It had a little bit of shipping damage. There’s some damage around the edge of the wood around the top edge of the spa that the installers said somebody would come out and patch that up and refinish it. They’re gonna replace this panel when they come. So I’m waiting on that but I love the ThermoSpas. It’s really nice.

I did some other looking around and went with ThermoSpas because of the quality, the fact that it was not full of foam and has more accessible to the piping. It also had few more features and more jets for the price of it all. I like the cost. It was a good buy compared to other options. I use the tub a lot before bedtime but I like using it most right after I get up. I’m 78 years old but I’m in good shape. But I still get up a little stiff and I can drop in the hot tub and get out of it and I feel fine. So it does seem to be therapeutic in that regard.

The only thing I need help with from somebody is testing the PH. I got this test strips but I don’t know how to read them. I was thinking maybe when the guy comes out he could give me a little lesson on how to do that. And I could recommend ThermoSpas. The only thing I was disappointed in was it took longer, about three weeks, to get it than I was told but that was not a big deal. It was not custom ordered so it was on a warehouse somewhere up around Boston.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I did research on hot tub manufacturers and considered the general quality of their products. I had a Marquis and it lasted 18 years. Now, I bought an expensive ThermoSpas spa and I'm expecting the same from it. Everything was fine during the delivery and the team was right on time. Everything got set up and there were no issues.

Original review: May 17, 2018

ThermoSpas was the best on the market. The salesman and I sat down and went through everything, and he thought that the spa would be better for what I was looking for. He answered any and every question, and his customer service was excellent. I love the quality of the spa and its cost is dead on. I'd recommend ThermoSpas.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I did a little bit of research and determined that the quality of ThermoSpas was better than the others. And I wanted something possibly the best besides putting an amount of money into it that it would last awhile. With Thermospas, you get what you pay for. It’s hard if you buy something that’s half the price and you’ll get half the quality. And now that I've been to able to use it, so far, it has been absolutely wonderful. The therapeutic effect of using it is the biggest thing for me.

Original review: May 11, 2018

ThermoSpas has quality and a large area for exercise. The team briefly went over the tub with me when they delivered. The spa's wonderful and I've been in it everyday. But the swim jets are too strong for my wife and so I adjust the swim jets down low enough for her when she's doing her exercise in the tub. Of all the tubs I've looked at, I recommend ThermoSpas to anybody. You can buy a $4,000 hot tub or you can spend $15,000 and get a spa.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have a bad knee and I can’t get out of the garden tub that we have. So, I wanted something in which I could turn around and stand up, and still get the experience of the jets. My husband had seen ThermoSpas Hot Tubs on TV and he thought the hot tub he saw there was really neat, so I said we could call and check it out. The ThermoSpas guys that delivered our hot tub were very good and they explained everything. But I wished that they had written it down and showed me because it didn’t stick in my head that long.

The quality of our hot tub is very good. When I got in it, it was comfortable and I could actually turn around and put my knees down and stand up. I got everything, the stairs and the whole nine yards, but it was something that I couldn’t use in the house. So, I was debating between getting the ThermoSpas hot tub or one of those handicap tubs. But I figured that my husband could get some use, too, out of the ThermoSpas hot tub, and we can go and sit out there and enjoy it.

The only thing is that I’m having trouble in reading the strips. The rep was very nice and she sent me the book on chemicals, but I don’t know how to read the strips to make sure that I’m doing it right. The gentleman that sold us the hot tub was gonna come over to the house, but he has never showed up. Nevertheless, I’m very happy so far with my experience with ThermoSpas.

Original review: May 6, 2018

ThermoSpas had some guys come to sell me on a hot tub and everything was fine, even when they dropped it off. But the screws and the key to the locking brackets for the tub did not come with it. I have to call the rep about it since I got the straps and the little clips but there must be a plastic key that comes with it that I can use to lock them so the lid doesn’t come off. Everything was satisfactory tough.

Original review: May 5, 2018

ThermoSpas didn’t list their pricing on the internet. I’m in retail and when someone doesn’t list their price, it’s for two reasons; one, they’re ashamed of the price and two, generally because of the higher quality product. So, ThermoSpas designed a custom tub to my specifications, so it has the quality that I want to have. All the jets are individually operable. The hot tub is very customizable and does not have to conform to one person, even if there are multiple people in it. Everything was good other than when the guys came to drop it off. They left the trash, which I didn’t have to remove but they were not supposed to do that. And since I’m a nice guy, I didn’t invoice them for my labor. Other than that, with using the tub, I'm sleeping 8 hours every night now when it used to be about 5 to 6 hours.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My mother-in-law got a couple of bad disks in her back and my husband got a few back problems too. She did all the pricing out and she contacted a couple of other people besides ThermoSpas as far as price. We dealt with the ThermoSpas sales rep initially and he was very knowledgeable, thorough, personable, and definitely knew his product. My mother-in-law chose ThermoSpas because their hot tub was more on the therapeutic side and less on the recreational side. So, we got a ThermoSpas three-person hot tub with a wave bed and it suits our needs. She’s thoroughly enjoying it.

We have had the tub for about a month and a half now and the quality seems great so far. A lot of the questions I asked about as far as quality before we purchased it definitely reflects into the finished product. And as far as customer service, we had one little tiny hiccup. We weren’t stressing out about it, but when they called us up, we brought it to their attention and they immediately resolved it for us.

Original review: April 28, 2018

We love our Concord hot tub from ThermoSpas and I'm glad they called us back. After we looked at all the different hot tubs, Concord just had all fit for what we were looking for. It has the ozonator, the shoulder jet and other different jets. Its quality is excellent too. Additionally, the ThermoSpas team has been great to work with. I've really enjoyed all of them. When our seat back cushions weren't holding on, I called them up and they came out to put some new ones in. But from what I've seen doing my own research, the price was a little higher. It was worth the extra price though because we definitely got good service and quality. Overall, the experience with ThermoSpas was very pleasing.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I saw ThermoSpas on the TV ad when I was getting ready to purchase a hot tub from somewhere else, but ThermoSpas was pretty nice. It's built better with better motors and a better heating system, so I thought I'd get it first. The reps were very good people. They really took care of business, did the job and I was happy. I got back problems and all the jets hit the thighs, the knees, the back, and the neck. It hits all the right spots and works very well. Although right below the knees, there should've been some jets 'cause I sit on the seat where it hits me in the neck and I think something should've been there. Other than that, the tub is durable and I believe I'll have it for the next 15 years.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My experience with ThermoSpas has been good up until today. The tub looked like what I was looking for and I’m very satisfied with it. I didn’t want a large number of people. It’s just me and a neighbor too that might want to use it. And I was looking for something in the therapy line, which this seems to have. And for the few times that I’d been able to use it, it has been very successful in helping with certain medical issues I have. I’m sure it would be good for other people who have other problems like strains or sprains.

However, for some reason I can’t get the pump number two to start working. It shows up as a thing spinning on the thing, but there’s nothing. No pressure, nothing coming out of the ports in the back. I know the people that came out to install it had mentioned that they have some kind of a maintenance agreement with it. It may turn out that I might need one of those at some point because I’ve been able to, little by little, get the chemical things right in it. But I’m just not sure why this pump thing has gone off. I left a message with Carlton and I’m waiting for his callback. I tried the 800 number that they gave and they just kept putting me on hold.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 20, 2018

I have owned a ThermoSpas since 2011. I have had to replace the cover twice already, yes that is three covers in 7 years. I previously owned a Sundance for 10 years (sold it when I moved) and had NEVER replaced the cover. ThermoSpas covers are defective and they won't fix the problem and they don't warranty them according to the store I purchase them from. Not sure why I switched from Sundance!!!

Maria,

Thank you for allowing us to better understand your warranty concerns. As discussed, your cover from 2014 was replaced no charge under your initial purchase warranty and has lasted beyond the average life of covers. I understand you have declined our offer for a discount on a new cover, however, if you change your mind in the next six months please feel free to contact me directly.

Tom

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: April 18, 2018

We looked at all the different spas that were on the market and ThermoSpas was one of the better ones. Whenever their salesman came out to do the site survey, he was excellent. He took his time and explained all the features and different options that were available, so that whenever the spa showed up it was a simple set and go. We got the platinum package that has 70 something jets, six pumps, and ozone generators. It’s loaded and I’d consider it a Cadillac of spas. So far, we’re loving it and overall, the quality is good. It’s also beneficial to us from a medicinal therapeutic point-of-view.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The ThermoSpas Concord hot tub is pre-made, and it is cheaper. The saleslady who sold it to me was nice and has made everything convenient and easy. The delivery guy was also really helpful with getting the water right. The hot tub has jets and we have one issue right now with one of the jets not working where its cover for the blower keeps popping off. Other than that, the ThermoSpas tub is better quality than my previous hot tub. It's priced a little high, but I would buy it again.

Original review: April 8, 2018

We initially contacted ThermoSpas about buying a swim spa, but we ended up buying a regular hot tub from them instead. We already had a hot tub and we were always gonna have a hot tub and a swim spa. We liked the sound of their company, their presentation and we had confidence in their hot tubs. We heard that swim spas are propeller-based like Endless Pools. It's supposed to be superior to swimming in a hot tub jet. But without having a lot of experience with swim spas before buying it, it was too big of a purchase for us and we backed out. Nevertheless, the hot tub we got is of good quality and it's a purchase for the long-term.

In addition, I checked out the Consumer Affairs website when I was checking out ThermoSpas and there were a few complaints there for them. I could see that ThermoSpas responded, but I never saw a response to that response. Yet it might be one of those things that the consumer doesn't even know that ThermoSpas has responded because they don't know how the structure of it is.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I needed some hydrotherapy for some medical issues I have. I owned the ThermoSpas years ago and I really liked their product. I was there when they pulled up to the house, dropped the hot tub off and then got it into place and we set it where it needs to be. They were professional with doing that sort of stuff. I was really pleased with them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We needed a new spa and decided on ThermoSpas. My spa has the lounge chair and five seats, and it has massaging areas. I love it. My interactions with the people at ThermoSpas have been really good. They were professional, friendly and thorough. However, they took $301 and some cents out of my bank account and I never got a payment book from Wells Fargo. They took it out the same day as I had sent in a full payment for the spa. I paid off the spa and I had sent it by check and they took it out. I got the bill from Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo shows what I paid, but with ThermoSpas they took the money out. They didn’t call me. They didn’t tell me they were gonna do it. They just debited.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I got ThermoSpas for therapeutic purposes and the salesman impressed me how it was built and how stable they are. I believe that it is the Cadillac of spas and I’ll have many years of enjoyment in it especially when I retire. The quality is a 100%. So talk to the salesperson and you might have some enjoyment in your future.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was searching around for a spa and we settled on the one from ThermoSpas. Its therapeutic portion drew me to it. Other than just a hot tub, it was more for therapy and medical effects. The overall package stood out for me because, when I talked with their representative, I was able to see the benefits of their spa and understand the difference between hot tubs or spas and therapy pools. I've only used other brands of hot tubs before on cruise ships and vacations.

The reps were very informative, enlightening, and professional. The delivery guys did exactly what I thought they would do, so the delivery met my expectations. The installation of the tub was very well-done. The installers were very communicative and explained when things would happen. Phone calls came ahead and coordination was double-checked, so I was able to leave work, go there, and meet them.

I've had the spa installed for six weeks now and I am pleased with the investment. The cost was good, although that was a concern because it was more than what we had thought, but then again we went in a little ill-informed. But when I looked at the value associated with the cost, the cost was reasonable. Right now, we’re still in love with the new toy. We just want to make sure that we continue to appreciate it and not have it turn into one of those things that are in the back part of the deck that no one ever goes into.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I've had ThermoSpas' Manhattan since February and the quality is impeccable. It's the best and biggest model and it's made in the USA. I had an amazing experience with their team and they came through for me every single time. The installation of the tub was flawless. Using it saved my life as it calms me down. Also, I’m a diabetic and the tub helps to get my sugars down. I just would like it to have more lighting. And though I love the pressure that it gives, I wish it was a little bit softer because it’s really hardcore. I would also like for them to change to salt water. I've asked them about it but they never called me back.

Original review: March 21, 2018

BUYER BEWARE! Bought Atlantis 400, delivered Feb. 17 on a Sat. Got error code FLO. Called customer support at 3 pm central time. They’re closed. Waited until Monday. Got a higher-level rep that said couldn’t send repair guy until Thurs. Repair guy came from another state. On Thurs. said it was fixed. The pumps were wired backwards from factory. That night I stepped in and jumped out as the tub was 109 degrees and flashing overheat. Called again and had to schedule same repair guy out.

This time he said he didn’t understand the new wiring on the newer ThermoSpas tubs. ThermoSpas uses hot tub repair centers that work on all hot tub brands. They don’t have their own repair guys. They subcontract. Finally fixed, almost two weeks later, I was finally able to use my tub. ThermoSpas reps continually promised timelines they would contact me that they broke. Worst experience with any brand ever. Would never buy again. May my pain save you possible future pain.

Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. I apologize that we were unable to receive your call on Saturday, February 17th, however, our records indicate our service director was able to speak with you on Sunday, February 18th to diagnose the issues with your spa. On Monday, February 19th we set up an initial service appointment for that Thursday, February 22nd. Our technician's notes report that the spa was fully operational after the follow-up service call on Monday, February 26th.

I hope that your experience moving forward will be free of issues, but if something arises please feel free to contact me or a member of our management team directly with the phone numbers that have been provided to you. We are always here to help!

Sincerely,
Elle

ThermoSpas

Original review: March 20, 2018

I got ThermoSpas because of their reputation and the spa is the size we wanted. It looks nice. It’s got all the jets, the massage, the three seats and the lounger. The salesperson was very informative and the delivery people kept us informed exactly where they were and when they’re coming.

Original review: March 17, 2018

ThermoSpas uses independent contractors for service to save money. When you call them for service and know what the problem is, they send out a person to analyze the problem, charging you $65, when you already know what the problem is. These people carry no inventory of parts. If you need a part you must buy it from ThermoSpas and they FedEx it to the installer. For years I had problems with my heating element. I paid for the good element, while they sent the cheap element to the installer, pocketing my $100. I only found out about this because after many years I started using a different company and they showed me the cheap element installed by ThermoSpas. This is stealing from your customer and they must do it as a standard procedure.

Dana,

We have attempted to reach you by phone in reply to your review, as our records indicate we have not had contact since 2010. ThermoSpas uses only a high quality, titanium component heating element so you may be receiving misinformation about our products (more information is available on our product page: https://www.thermospas.com/features/premium-engineering/). Additionally, if you purchased the product prior to 2010 the service phone numbers printed on the documents may have changed. To ensure authorized ThermoSpas service, please call our Technical Support Team at 1-800-833-7727 (hours are 8 AM - 6 PM EST Mon-Fri, or 8 AM - 1 PM EST on Saturdays).

Sincerely,
Elle

ThermoSpas

Note: Correction made to initial reply and link added to product information page.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I liked my interactions with the team at ThermoSpas. They were good and very positive. Its warranty and quality made us choose ThermoSpas, and the Park Avenue looked to be the best one to be suited for the purpose. We have had so much rain that the ground was saturated so it was not easy getting the product where it needed to go and even though it was empty, it was still heavy. But the fellas who delivered it did an outstanding job in getting it together. The weather in Alabama has been so wet and cold so we've only been able to use the spa twice. There’s only one minor problem that we've experienced. We've got the outside steps with the handle and the steps are not high enough for us. I'm gonna end up buying some more rubberized steps. Two steps are too short for our age. Other than that, I would still recommend ThermoSpas.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ThermoSpas has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. ThermoSpas is based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983