toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's nice to come home after a long day and relax in my hot tub. It takes the stress of the day right away and is a great way to spend some quality time with my husband. My daughter likes hanging out with her friends in it. It seats 6 people so we always have someone hanging out in it! It's easy to maintain, easy to keep clean and doesn't make my electric bill skyrocket. Since it is outside, it's even better to go out in the winter and just relax with snowflakes falling all around you! A must have for anyone with busy hectic schedules!

I love knowing that after a long day at work I can come home, pour myself a glass or two of wine and spend some me time in my hot tub. My favorite music playing, shut my phone off, it's so calming and peaceful. Nothing more relaxing.

I had a Lifestyles hot tub which I bought from Wayfair.com and it cracked on me in the first year. I called them up and they wouldn't do anything at all. It had a one-year warranty but it cracked two days after my warranty. I attempted to fix it myself and there is absolutely nobody in Columbus where I'm stationed that fixes hot tubs. I had to leave it there and it wasted away. I wasted over $4,000 and it dwindled away. Then, I was looking at the TV and I saw ThermoSpas for over a year. I kept on looking at it but I didn't know if I should invest in another tub again. The family asked what I thought about a tub and my dad came in and said to invest in a tub. I said was not doing the tub thing again and that there's nobody to fix a tub around, but I called ThermoSpas.

They said they can send people to fix the tub and that it has a 10-year warranty. I thought I could deal with that but I was still on the fence and was 50/50. I called the guy and one of their sales reps came over. He explained everything to me, how it works and the financing and I decided to do it because it was zero percent financing. I also have great credit so, I figured why not and then I jumped on it. But it took me a little bit longer than expected to get it hooked up because it's direct power. It's unlike any of the other hot tubs that you plug and play so, I had to get an electrician to come in. That was a little bit pricey and took a little while because it's really hard to find an electrician around here.

Also, it's neither here nor there because I didn't have 220 power outgoing direct to my junction box to where I was plugging hot tub in. But the rep put me in touch with somebody and the guy came out, hooked it up, and I've been using it for the last three weeks now. Being in the army for over 10 years takes a toll on the body. It is impacting me a lot because I have back injuries. Tomorrow, I'm gonna hit the hot tub and I'm looking forward to that. It's an awesome experience.

You may find better looking hot tubs out there compared to ThermoSpas units. But ThermoSpas do have a nice design, strong structural frame, are very well-isolated, have a lot of useful features when added (blower, 4-6 pumps, more jets, large capacity ozonator, etc) that are worth of every penny you spend and every effort you make toward it. It will take you a couple of weeks to understand and manage the water chemistry and the chemical balance, but once you get it done, it will go just fine. Unfortunately, delivery crew are not very helpful when explaining features or it may be the excitement of the first day that overcomes the attention needed for absorbing new information. Whatever it is, you will need to read several times the booklet and I also recommend reading and having with you "Understanding the Water Chemistry for Spas".

Hope you know by now that placing the hot tub in your home is just the beginning. Be ready for 1500-2000 additional to pay for materials and electrical hook up, platform (very recommended, even on pavers) and a few toys that may enhance your experience. If you live in hot weather areas, your hot tub will heat up around 10-15 degrees over the set temperature which you may find ideal to save you money from heating 300-500 gallons of water.

However, an elevation of more than 3 degrees over that temperature will automatically shut off the circulation pump and trigger the automated flush for a few minutes only every 12 hours (from the first electrical run). That means that the water will not circulate 24/7 (as the vendor claims) with the "benefit" of "the best cleaning process for hot tubs in the market", This situation will prompt you to keep a close eye on the chemical balance of that water since it will stay still for a prolong time (roughly 11 hours) before the next flush or purge cycle. With that in mind ThermoSpas is an excellent choice when loaded appropriately with the choices they offer.

Resolution In Progress

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Mr. Bellavance, I'm sorry to hear about the issues that have come up with your hot tub. I would like to put you in touch with a Service Manager to make sure you have everything you need to enjoy your tub tub with ease. I have passed along your contact information and you can expect a call. Thank you for the feedback! ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: April 25, 2017

When I bought my house it had a tub already in it but the computer was shot and it was 10 years old. I heard ThermoSpas was the best. I got Maui which was a good model for the elderly. However, I expected a little more service than I got for $16,000. Even the guys that set it up weren't much help. It's a beautiful spa and it would be good once I get to use it, but I'm not too happy with the service. I'm not a very good reader and it's a little confusing on the chemicals. I found out that I'm not supposed to be using chlorine, I'm supposed to be using bromine. I'd love to get in and use it but I'm continuously trying to balance the chemicals in it. For the money that I spent, I could have gotten a spa that was a lot less expensive and didn't have a lot of service involved with it.

ThermoSpas looked like it was a good quality product. I got the Chesapeake model and it's very relaxing. It helps me sleep at night. The service was good and it was a good experience all around. There was a little leak and it was just a clamp that wasn’t tightened. So, the guy from ThermoSpas came out and fixed it, and it was fine. He was very nice and very professional.

I saw ThermoSpas on TV and that was what got us thinking about it. So, we bought from them because of the quality of the manufacturing and they have extras like having more pumps. It was also reasonable to do it in the space that we had to put it in. We use it almost everyday and enjoy it, so from that standpoint it has impacted our lives. I go out and shoot a 65 on a golf course, anything like that, because of it. We would certainly recommend ThermoSpas to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

I had responded on the web for ThermoSpas because I was interested in getting a hot tub. Then, somebody called me from Connecticut. It was a nice conversation with the guy. When the guy came, I smiled a little bit when he said he was a technician. But, I realized right away that he's a salesman and that was okay with me. The presentation was very solid. He was very good and very professional. He answered all my questions and gave me a price. I said “I can't do that. Well, get somebody on the phone who can.” And so we called back to Connecticut and it worked out really well.

I never had any exclusive hot tub before so I said, “Okay. Let's see what it's like.” So I chose a Park Avenue model and I got a fair price. I like the idea of the lounge, the wave and just sitting in the hot tub. Right now I'm enjoying the spa itself rather than having a wave with all the bells and whistles. Just last night it was cold, windy and rainy around here so rather than build a fire I'm getting in my hot tub. I'm very pleased with the spa. It really worked and I love it.

I purchased a ThermoSpas and while the initial experience with the product was good, I quickly found out that the company did not have any local service technicians and getting any repairs (which were plenty) were nearly impossible. So the hot tub has sat empty and useless in my backyard for the past couple of years. My advice...buy from a local dealer who services their product.

A little delinquent in writing my review, I apologize for that. What can I say about our Aquacisor other than we "LOVE IT". From our first experience with our salesperson Joe, the delivery people, to when having a minor issue dealing with Zach in Customer Service all have been positive. My only disappointment was that I couldn't fit a full swim spa in the space that works. We use ours almost every day. We have not yet worked out a full exercise regimen but do what we can. There have been some days that just a Aroma Therapy session is warranted and having the depth which I couldn't find in any other makes it totally a relaxing experience.

As for customer service, Zach has an astounding amount of knowledge regarding any issues that I may have encountered. I did have a malfunctioning LED light which he was able to diagnose over the phone but had to send a technician out to do the necessary replacement almost immediately (couple days) which was fine. As having previously owning a Hot Tub we found that the overuse of chemicals to be a detriment to health, NO such thing with our new Thermospas and our Thermoclear system. It is important to note we have our Aquacisor enclosed in our garage/dayroom and there is very little to no caustic fumes. As you can tell we are VERY PLEASED with our Thermospas Aquacisor and all experienced contact with their staff.

Resolution In Progress

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Ms. Sand, We have attempted to contact you by phone to resolve your complaint but have not heard back. If you would like to speak to a service manager please send a private response to this message with a good number and time to reach you. Thank you! Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We purchased our ThermoSpas about 2 years ago. The sales rep was very high pressure and won't return our calls since he has his commission. The person that delivered the tub hit one of our fence posts and never let us know. We have tried to contact ThermoSpas with chemical problems and no one returned our calls or helped us. We now have issues with the tub running correctly and have an expensive tub in our backyard that can't be used. Very disappointed in our experience, Thermospas product and customer service. Wish I had a better opinion of this company but I would not recommend anyone using them or their product.

The sales rep from ThermoSpas was amazing. He explained a lot of stuff and showed the different qualities that the ThermoSpas had that other spas didn’t have in the thickness and durability. These qualities were what made us go with them. The hot tub definitely makes us a lot more relaxed. It's great and I feel good for an hour or two afterwards. I had no problems through any of it. The setup crew was awesome and they walked us step-by-step through everything.

ThermoSpas seemed to offer a little bit more for the price. The guy who came to talk to us about the spas really sold us a spa and he was pretty good at it. I got hurt at work over four years ago and ThermoSpas is the best thing. It also makes me sleep better. It has really helped me a bunch more than anything because I did 45 physical therapies, but none of them had anything to do with any water. I recommend ThermoSpas to anybody. It’s helped us so we can take care of my mom who has dementia and Alzheimer’s. We got it down the building, close to our house so we go down there individually. The kids and grandkids like the ThermoSpas too.

My friends had a ThermoSpas tub and it was a great product. ThermoSpas is a Connecticut company and they're tied up now with Jacuzzi, and that was all it took for me to purchase one. The delivery team was outstanding. There were three of them and they knew what they were doing. I got confused and they explained everything. I was looking for the filters to rinse them out and I couldn’t find them, so I called ThermoSpas and they told me, “Just lift up the basket, take the cover off there and lift out the basket and it’s right under there.” Everybody’s been real good and we're out in the tub almost every night. The one thing I’m always concerned with is the stairs are too short, but otherwise, I've already recommended ThermoSpas.

The ThermoSpas website, as well as the gentleman that came out, were very good. He came out and allowed us to pinpoint the exact type of spa that was going to be both financially sound and what we were looking for. Reading through a lot of their reviews, I’m pretty happy with it. They seemed very professional and the ease of ordering was efficient as well. The tub is nice and relaxing.

My wife has a lot of rheumatoid and swellings, so we wanted something to help her with her pain. We got to look into different companies and decided to go with ThermoSpas because of the cost and the way their tub is built. Also, we were thinking about her illnesses. The salesman that came out used the Concord model for the same reason, he suggested certain jets, and that's the way we went with the Concord model.

With ThermoSpas, we had an overall great experience. The guys that installed the tub did a great job, were very competent and professional. The ThermoSpas team called me, asked me how I was going on treating the water and if I was having any issues. One of the pillows on the Concord had come loose, I could just touch it and it would fall off, so they're sending me a new pillow. One of their members has been really good about following up and taking care of us. ThermoSpas works great, and we love it. It's helped my wife's life tremendously and takes care of a lot of her pain for a while. She gets in it every morning, and it gives her a good start for the day.

We previously had a hot tub that was a different brand but it was broken so it was time to get a new one. The rep from ThermoSpas came out and did his presentation. He convinced us that it would be a better quality. The Atlantis model fit in the space that we had for a spa and it can sit the right number of people. My kids enjoy our hot tub and my husband uses it a lot for his aches and pains, so he is more comfortable. We’re really happy with the tub and it seems like an excellent product but we did run into a minor snafus with scheduling with the person that was in our area to deliver. It ended up delaying the delivery a little bit more than we thought it would. He wasn’t super great at communicating with us about it.

ThermoSpas salesman Stan came out and explained about the hot tub. He was awesome and I got the Chesapeake model. The tub is not filled with Styrofoam in the inside so if something goes wrong with it because of leaking, the problem can easily be found. The other ones are filled in with hard Styrofoam inside so if I have to get anything fixed, all that Styrofoam has to be cut to get into it. It'll be a lot easier having the said model, plus it has a 10-year warranty. It also got a special heater and it never rusts.

I've had the hot tub for a couple of weeks now but I just got it inspected today and they gave us the okay. They came down to sign it off. I turned it on last Sunday but I ran into problems with how to set it up and turn it on even though I had the right power and everything else. I called Stan and he returned the call right away even though it was a Sunday. That's unusual, but I was very happy. I found out that the water had to be to a certain temperature before the pumps kick in. I didn’t know that and we were always wondering. It would have been nice if somebody came up and explained to us how to work the tub because I'm still gonna have to learn on my own. I'm still even trying to figure out the pH balance on the water today, Thursday.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with the tub right now even though I haven't used it yet. I got to get a hold of Stan again because one of the corners is broken and I need to have somebody come down and get it fixed. Other than that, everything is running fine so far. So, as long as I can keep it and when I start using everything else and somebody’s looking, then I would recommend one of the ThermoSpas than any of the other ones because it’d be easy maintenance.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Hello Ms. Hindman, I'm glad we were able to work out the issues you were having with your hot tub chemicals. Please feel free to contact our Technical Service team if you need additional assistance at 1-800-833-7727. Very best, Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

We were talking about getting a hot tub for years and then the sales rep of ThermoSpas came and started talking about it. We weren’t fully on board before and his sales pitch was really good. It was a little expensive, but we took the sales pitch. We got the Park Avenue model and I like the size of it for our family. The guy who dropped it off was fine until I asked him to help me with the chemicals. I’ve never had a spa before, so I didn’t know how to use them. I thought it would be helpful to have someone else to guide me. It was a little bit disturbing for us as new customers spending this kind of money on something and not really getting guidance that way. I tried to call the 1-800 number numerous times and I was on hold for 25 minutes and that was very upsetting. I didn’t feel supported. I'm really happy with the spa however I would like them to answer the phone when the customers call.

I got a ThermoSpa Concord model since they were having a deal on it. I had multiple phone calls with the installation group and out of cases of the build progress. I had no issues, especially with the installation group. They explained everything they were going to do and set up the appointment. It's nice to have the tub for relaxation. My son and I enjoy it. Our experience has been very good.

My installer was awesome for the amount of work he did. He laid it out the way I wanted it to be laid out and I helped him. We had it done relatively quick and easy and he helped me the way I had the wiring run up to the bottom. He drilled a hole out and did things that he didn’t have to do. I had a jet missing and when he brought it, he broke a piece of the rim and he wrote it down on the receipt that I signed and sent it to them. I'm still waiting on that. Overall I've had a tub for 30 years so it hasn’t changed much, but I'm happier that I got more jets and more pressure from my ThermoSpas tub.

We were looking for a tub and a friend mine had ThermoSpas. He recommended it and said that they were the best around so I looked. I also noticed they were in the high end with their prices. I could have went a lot cheaper but I figured to get something that somebody I know is satisfied with. I had also seen my friend's tub and it seemed pretty good. Additionally, I considered the fact that it's not sold in stores. It's directly from the manufacturer to the warehouse to my house so I'm eliminating the middle man. The people who came in for the delivery were three men and a woman. The woman explained to me all the features and the men were helpful, too. While the woman was showing me the controls and everything, the men were showing me about the cover, the stairs, etc. They did their best.

I've only gotten to use the tub a few times but I'm very satisfied with it. It's pretty comfortable. It's a nice asset and I'm hoping to get a lot more use of it in the spring time. The only problem I had was I did call one time but their customer service is only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. They delivered it on a Friday afternoon and it was later on in the day that they told me to call back Monday.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Hello, Mr. Roberson. I have confirmed with our service department that your hot tub has been serviced and that all of your questions have been answered. Thank you for the opportunity to make things right and please do not hesitate to contact us if you are in need of further assistance. Very best, Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

After 2 yrs of experience with a ThermoSpa hot tub, a review and "food for thought" for potential buyers is in order. Being a former hot tub owner, I've had enough experience to offer a few insights and WARNINGS. I bought this relatively expensive tub because it offers a jet system designed to relieve RA symptoms... and it does. However, potential buyers should consider that unlike buying a spa locally where you basically get a turn key job and local service, with Thermospa it is delivered, rolled off a trailer, and it is yours.

Being a contractor, I had the equipment and resources to make it happen... not all people do. BUT, the biggest consideration is service. On Oct. 17 I called related to a leak (the second one since owning). After 7 weeks of phone calls and total frustration, on Dec 1 it is fixed... I think? ThermoSpa tubs are expensive and the jet feature for RA is great. But if you are not equipped to physically move and the resources to install, you might want to reconsider. But most importantly, you must have much more patience than I do when it comes to service. Clearly the technician was capable and tried when I was able to get him here. But the real problem was ThermoSpas' CS department that was totally unresponsive and absolutely had no follow up or concern as to problem resolution. Would NEVER put myself in this position again by buying ThermoSpa.

I liked that the ThermoSpas hot tub is constructed inside without the foam so it’s easily repaired in case it needs to. The Gemini model fit my space that I have allotted for it and I also liked the pricing of it. The rep who came out to do the estimate was very helpful and knowledgeable. The delivery guys were also very extremely helpful and were early. I was very impressed with both. By the time I got home, everything was ready to be brought in. They explained everything about the chemicals and whatnot though I still have to do the extra reading. I also needed assistance taking the door off the hinges and they were more than helpful to do that for me. I was happy.

However, I wished getting the electrician and having it wired was part of the package because that’s my delay right now. I’m still shopping around for one. I've sat in it, but just daydreaming of being able to have the water in it and everything all ready. It sucks that it’s not "plug and play”. Other than that, it's an awesome experience.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Mrs. Luchs, It has been just over a month since our team was out to replace and install a new cover on your hot tub. Before I close your ticket I'd like to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the resolution we provided. If you need any further assistance please contact our Technical Service team at 1-800-833-7727 or you can reply to me directly here. Thank you for the opportunity to make things right for you! Regards, Elle, ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

ThermoSpas had good reviews online and everything seemed to be fine. The salesperson came out and they're the only ones that make an Aquacisor without going to a swim spa. Then there was a production delay. We were okay with that because we're gonna put our house on the market and we spoke with them about it. ThermoSpas called to say that the spa was in Portland. We told them to have it delivered. However, the delivery person never returned our phone call. Finally, I got hold of Adrian and after two calls to him, the delivery guy got back to us. He was supposed to come out and look at our site. It took a month and a half before we could get the delivery date confirmed. We also had ordered the cover special way but it's not correct. They told us we would get it within 10 to 12 days and it's now almost a month that we have not heard a word on it.

When there were problems with the delivery person to make amend, Adrian sent us six months’ worth of chemicals which was very nice. We were very appreciative of it. But everything is falling apart again since delivery because we have a very expensive Aquacisor sitting on the patio that we can't use. It was a very bad communication for them and we're very disappointed. At this point, if it wasn't for what the contract term said, I would tell them to take it and give us our money back. But that's not an option. I'm in the process of composing a letter to send to him because it seems like telephone doesn't do well. One time the glitch was with us. But I called and thought we had corrected that. The delivery person just kept stalling. It looks like it's a very fine product. But when you can't use it, it's not so great. We're very unhappy with them.

I've been using ThermoSpas since September and I totally enjoy it. It's what I wanted when I got it. I had another tub before but it was worn out, so it had to go, and I had to have another one because I have multiple sclerosis. I really like ThermoSpas better because it has a lot more jets and it's a lot easier to control. ThermoSpas had a guy come out and to check it out. He told me where to put the tub and he checked with me a couple of times. He was really smart. He answered my questions and knew what he was talking about.

I did some research on the internet and talked to representatives from a couple of different companies and ended up buying from ThermoSpas. I looked at their warranty and the way it was designed to put together, and that’s what made me decide to go with them. I sleep better at night because I use the hot tub before I go to bed. It is very relaxing at night.

I've had ThermoSpas for a month now and I'm more relaxed when I use it. I had used an in-the-ground spa at my other house for about 10 years which is therapeutic for my neck, shoulder, and lower back issues. The areas of concentration were adjustable, but there were spots that it cannot reach so I had to crawl underwater to get to it. But now, there's plenty of it to make that happen with my new hot tub.

I've had hot tubs for 25 years but when I was able to afford it, I got the top-of-the-line one from ThermoSpas two months ago. It’s a superior product and a pleasure to own it. The installation was very professional and it's been generally a good experience.

Christine, the ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesperson who came to the house, was very nice and confident. We enjoyed her. She even contacted us several times to see how things were going. We had to install something even before we started work on it, which was done timely and very nicely. We just got the tub and the electrician isn't even finished with it yet.

I feel more relaxed with my ThermoSpas hot tub. It's all good. The sales guy who came out to the house was able to answer all my questions and any concerns I had like making sure the spa I had picked out would fit where I wanted it to.

ThermoSpas have the best spa ever and I use it every day. I like that I can just sit in it. We had a few concerns, though. The control for the lounge doesn't have a light. When it's dark, we don't see where to press and we have to have a flashlight. Other controls should have light as well. At some point we also had a lot of this white rubber coming out. Most of it was found on the lounge side and it's really hard to remove despite having bought two sponge and a cleaner. It also comes right back. On the same side where we found that, some of the jets were blocked. We removed the jets and there was a big silicone coming out of the spa. We were concerned about where the silicone came from and if there was going to be a risk later on that some pieces would come apart. But we love the spa and the fact that we can adjust everything differently depending on how we feel. We can share it with another person too and that person can do her own thing.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Profile

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983