4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

335 ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was doing a little bit of researching and looking around. There were about four or five tub models from ThermoSpas that looked like they were at the top of the line. However, the issue is there are different types of programming modes on how you wanna heat your tub, and the standard is basically whatever you set it at. It keeps it at that for forever, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There’s an economy mode where the heater doesn’t engage. There are two windows you can set, and if it’s not within that window, the heater stays off to save from this heating in off hours.

In any event, last week, for the first time, I turned to the economy mode, and I was told by ThermoSpas that the default is something like 6:00 to 8:00 in the morning and 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening where it’ll likely heat up the water with the economy mode. I noticed after that, it started to get warmer, and all of a sudden, it was up to 107 degrees, and I don’t know what the heck happened. I kept pressing the button to display the temperature, the setting and it was still set at the same setting that it had been all along.

So I wind up turning all the pumps on and took the cover off. What I wound up doing was I just turned the circuit breaker off to it, and let it sit off for maybe half an hour and then turned it back on and put it back in standard mode, and it has been consistent since then. It’s set for 101 degrees and it stayed at that temperature since. I honestly don’t know if turning it into the economy mode did something or if the thermometer in turn that turns the heater on and off has an issue or what. And I don’t know if when it goes into economy mode if there’s another temperature setting that I’m unaware of. I thought it was still gonna be set at the same 101 temperature that I have.

Nevertheless, the overall quality of the spa is very nice. But the disappointing thing for me is I bought this Park Avenue one and it’s got like a lounge in there, and I asked the salesman, and I don’t know if he misunderstood me but I’m 6 foot 6, so I don’t fit in things like the normal Joe. And I don’t fit there in the lounge. My knees got to be bent up. I’m too long for it. The rep measured my back and there is one seat there that has three seats and each one is at a different level. There was a deep one, which I do fit in that, and the rep even said that it's good. I’ve also been looking at purchasing some chemicals and it looks the prices are insane. But like ThermoSpas' extended warranty. They have a better warranty than any other that I sought. If their warranty is much longer than anyone else, then it’s got to be quality stuff.

Hello Mr. Mcateer,

Thank you for the opportunity to speak on the phone about your hot tub. I'm glad we were able to address the issues you were having. Please feel free to contact our service team if you ever need assistance in the future.

Regards,

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This is my second hot tub and I hate that I got rid of the other one. When the ThermoSpas salesman came by, I was hoping my wife would say that we like it but we don't need it. I wanted her to be the bad guy and say, "No. We can't afford that." The other one we had was only about four years old but my wife said she didn't know I didn't really want the hot tub. Also, I think she fell in love with the top that they can put on the ThermoSpas, where one person can raise the top off of the tub. That's what sold her and I also like that feature. The salesperson also had a good sales promotion. He didn't push and he did his job. I was excited about it but I didn't want to get into another $10,000 debt. We had paid off the other one and we were just enjoying the fruits of not owing anything on it.

When the guys delivered the hot tub, I had electric wiring already set there. The guy said the he was certified and he could wire it up since we had the wiring. There were only three wires you have to hook up. He went on and hooked up the three wires, and I was good to go. All I had to do was put the water in and turn it on. So both of the people we dealt with were good. ThermoSpas was originally gonna charge me $500 to haul the old one away. But I wound up selling it to my neighbor across the street.

However, I really regret that I didn't buy one with the instrumentations on the top. We've had the hot tub here for over a month and we've only been in it one time because I had a hard time reading the little panel. You've got to turn your head upside down. Then when I'm standing on the outside of it, I gotta bend my head over and look at it. The guy kept telling me some numbers. When he told me to go tell him what it said on there, he said he couldn't see those figures in my book. Then it dawned on me that I was reading it upside down. That threw me off. With the other one we had, I had it right on the top, facing the railing where I could look down. It also had a reverse switch on. If you're standing on the outside of the hot tub, you can read it normally then if you're inside the hot tub and you want to see what the settings are, you can press another button and it would reverse the lettering.

I think ThermoSpas has one other model that's almost the same size but the dial is on the top, not on the side. In fact, I think this is the only model where the dial is on the inside of the tub. With the other models, they're laying across the very top railing of it where you can read it easily whether you're on the outside or the inside of the tub. They had another model, the one next to this and if I had thought about it, I sure would have elected to get that size. I think the models get bigger and this is the small one. I had a double door especially made to get the hot tub in and out of the all-seasons room. The salesman did all the measurements and that was the reason why we couldn't pick anything bigger.

There was another problem when I was setting it the first time. When I reached out and touched the water, it was still warm but before we got it adjusted right, I raised the lid and the water was ice cold. The other hot tub I had kept the water at a certain temperature. I wondered what was wrong so a service guy came out and we played around with the gauges. After that, he said it should stay at whatever temperature I had it programmed at. Occasionally, I would raise the top and stick my hand in the water and it is still good and warm. So we've solved that problem. I know it's using more electric that way but I never know when I'm gonna get in there and I'd rather it to be warm for whatever day we decide to get in it.

But if ThermoSpas is still gonna sell this model, when they make out new ones, they should put the dial on the very top and make it a little bit bigger. It's small. You almost need a little magnifying glass to read it. The dials on the other models seem to have been bigger. That's the only improvement I would like. You do most of your program outside the tub though, and once you got the hot tub set up, you're not changing it that much. The temperature is the main thing, whether you want it to stay warm all the time or just stay warm when you are starting to switch it. It doesn't seem like it takes long to warm it up, maybe a couple of hours or so.

Another problem originally was that when I was testing the water with the little test strips, the other tub used the same kind of test strip but it was read in a different way. So I was reading the test strips wrong. I couldn't quite understand how the guy over the phone was reading it. When the second guy came out, he showed me and told me how to do it. He told me the main levels that I would wanna make sure of and then I could get in the tub. It took a little getting used to but the day we got in the tub, it felt good.

I liked the water really hot. It felt good while I was in it but when I got out, it really made me lightheaded. One time, I stayed in our first hot tub for about 40 minutes and after I got out and sat on the steps, I passed out. The next thing I knew, my wife came in there and said I was laying on the floor. Now, we have the temperature notched down a degree and we don't make it as hot. That helps for us not passing out or getting too dizzy. We also were told we shouldn't stay in it that long. Now, I also use the tub every 15 minutes. We would stand up, sit on the outside and cool off a little bit for about five minutes then we would get in there and go another 15 minutes. We're learning how to use it.

My hot tub is in an all-seasons room and I can use it all year long. But we don't get in it as much as we would like to. I especially need to get in there. I'm getting ready to have back surgery and I'm really having hell with my back. But I haven't been able to climb up the steps to get in it because it hurts so much. Sometimes, we would get in the tub twice a week but most of the time, it would be once a week. I hope that after this back surgery that I'm supposed to have, I'll be able to get in it more. I enjoy the hot tub and I like the way it looks. Other than the top on it, it looks almost like the other one we had. But I would pay the difference if I can get that other hot tub and put it in here with the read-out on the top.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I started doing research for a spa several months ago and I came across ThermoSpas through ConsumerAffairs. I liked that their Aquacisor model is more of a hybrid. It allows you to exercise in it and it still has the spa where you can relax. So, I decided to buy it. It is a deeper spa and it has the swim spa jets on it, so it allows you to walk or jog in there. Then it has connectors and you have resistance bands, so it allows you to do upper body exercises using resistance bands. But it is less of a relaxation spa. Most spas have loungers and this does not have one. It has a more of a soak, but I knew that going into it, so I couldn't say that it was any false advertising.

Also, everything about the the control panels is underneath the cover, so there is no way to tell if the spa is actually running or the temperature or any of it unless you go out there and look at it or listen to it. Most people have their spa outside and I told ThermoSpas that I'd like to have a feature that allowed some type of an indicator to tell me if the spa is running or what the temperature is. And they said their newer one is gonna come with a remote monitoring and it is gonna be Wi-F ready. But this one does not have that and that is a feature that I would like to see.

Other than that, my contact with their sales team was very good. They made the appointment and they were on time for that. They came out, explained the features and benefits, and I sat down and reviewed that with them. But the length of time to get the spa was really disappointing. It took nine weeks to get it, though they told me about that in the beginning. Everything was kind of built, so they didn’t have any prebuilt products that they could put in together. But a reasonable timeframe would be within two to three weeks, not two and half months. And the product was all built here and coming from Continental US. It was not like it was coming from overseas that had to come across on a barge.

Then, their startup manual did not identify clearly the level of the water and not until a week later did I get the documentation on the water level, so I overfilled the spa and in return, it caused the spa to be kicking out. When the service team came out a week later, they identified that the water level was the issue and they drained it out some. But that should be part of the documentation of the spa and it wasn’t clearly identified there or the manual failed to clearly recommend the water height. It said to fill the spa halfway up the filter and that was not clear to me. Apparently, what they meant was actually halfway up the skimmer filter, which is a type of a skimmer. It was also kind of unique to this situation because this is still a fairly new spa for them and they haven't sold too many of this yet.

Then, the manual says you can work all your major muscle groups with the spa but they didn’t have an exercise routine to give me. So it is an exercise spa and they don’t provide you with an exercise routine. Whenever you buy a piece of fitness equipment, you get that from the company that provides the piece of equipment. But overall, I am very happy with the spa and with ThermoSpas' customer service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I was trying to get the biggest hot tub I could to go into the space that I have. I purchased the ThermoSpas Park Avenue. It has jets and the bubblers. It has really helped me and my wife out a bunch because she was in a bad car wreck and I’ve had 11 shoulder surgeries. However, when I hooked up the electrical, it didn't leave much space in there for me to bend the wire around and it took me a really long time to get the electrical. The wire was a 6 gauge wire and it was too tight right there.

The book that the tub comes with doesn’t explain everything, but I was sent a deal over my email. However, I dropped my phone and lost all that. I wished I had a book that will tell me what everything does. In addition, the lounger part of it didn't light up when I first got the tub. The little pad where I push it and turn the pump on and turn the wave on wouldn’t light up. I had to get a flashlight and put over there to find it. I had to feel around the control at night because I couldn’t see it.

Other than those, everything else is great on the tub and I’m very happy with it. I liked ThermoSpas' installation element and the way the tubs are made. I can set mine at 94˚ and I can raise the lids and it’s about 4˚ high because of all the installation from the heat from the motors. Most of the other tubs are made out of 2”x3” while some of them are just 3 quarter, but these are 2”x4” and 2”x 6”. The salesman, West, came over twice after he sold the spa just making sure I was happy and explaining a few more things to me. He was in the neighborhood and he dropped by and spent an hour here. They are like family now. West was good and the people that brought the tub out knew everything on it and explained everything in detail.

I have been sleeping better since using the ThermoSpas tub. I was on a lot of narcotics, but the pain has totally gone away and I don’t take any pills anymore. The tub has helped me out tremendously. One of my buddies who hurt his lower back is supposed to call West sometime this week to get him to come out there. My buddy had been putting up with the pain because he doesn’t take muscle relaxers or pain pills. He couldn’t even lift his leg up. I had to help him out of the car, help him to my backyard, and help him in the spa. Within 30 minutes, he could lift his leg up by himself and he had no problem with his back since. He told his wife that they were gonna get one of those tubs.

ThermoSpas should put a light in the bath. All the bars light up good and everything is lit up, but when it’s up that tall, you can’t see the pad. However, I’m very satisfied with my Park Avenue. They are pricey, but the hot tub I was looking at was up there. It was called Bonnie & Clyde’s Pool and it was almost $11,000, but it didn’t have the control near the jets or near the pumps. They had the spray it on your neck as ThermoSpas does, but for $2,000 more, I’m very satisfied with what I got. When I first got the hot tub, I got it filled with water and turned it on. As soon as I turned it on, it blew out two of my jets. I looked at them and a piece broke on it. I called the rep and told her, and she said that she would send me both of the parts and a set of filters for my inconvenience as well. That saved me money there, too. I’d highly recommend ThermoSpas all over any spa.

Original review: July 10, 2018

ThermoSpas had the half-hour thing on TV and that swung me their way. I was able to see their process and all the different pumps they used, and I liked their process. They also answered a lot of questions when they went through it step-by-step. I also had a neighbor that had bought one up north and he was very happy with it. So I decided to go with that one. The salesperson came over to the house for the visit and spent a good hour and a half with me and my wife. He explained everything. He checked out the spot where we were gonna put the tub and said everything was in good shape. That was one thing I was nervous about.

But when I actually got the tub, it's blocked on two sides because of my deck. They said they shouldn't do that because if it needs to be serviced, there needs to be access to it. But once they delivered it, I didn't have any choice but to put it where I originally would have done. Somewhere down the road, something's gonna need maintenance and it should cause a problem though. But I guess I gotta live with that. I was surprised that salesperson okayed it without suggesting that I have an 8 x 8-foot of cement slab there. He saw that I have cement and he said it was great. That aside, the people at ThermoSpas have been very pleasant. I've called on the phone and ordered chemicals, and they've taken care of me.

The quality looks good but there are a couple of things that we've had issues with. The headrest fastens with two screws, one on each side, and then you just pop over it a little black plastic cap. It's probably for aesthetics. But the caps have been popping off when you have all the jets on. And we haven't been able to find them. I figured they'd be in the filter but when I changed my filters out for the first time, they weren't in there. They ought to have gone somewhere though, so I was worried about it getting sucked into a pump and causing issues.

I called ThermoSpas and they said that as long as I had the power off when I changed the filters, there was no way the caps could've gotten to someplace where they can cause more damage. I'm wondering where they went to though, and the rep said that maybe they got stuck on somebody's clothes when they came out and fell off of it but I don't think so. I ended up with four of them missing and I said they had better give me an extra of it. They mailed me five of them and they didn't charge me for them. But it's a very cheap part.

But when we had a lot of people in the tub, it shut down all of a sudden. I tried to reset my box but it wouldn't reset. So I got everybody out of the tub. That was real disappointing. The first time, I was excited to do it and the next time, it went all right. Everybody had a few drinks on and I was looking forward to it. I said we had to figure out what was wrong with the tub. But it was 1:00 in the morning so I called the ThermoSpas helpline the next day. They couldn't diagnose it over the phone but they told me what it could be based on what they've seen over a history of time. They started to give me 5% of the time, it's this. 10% of the time, it's that. I was thinking the plastic caps may have gotten ingested and were getting chewed up in there somehow, spinning around. But the guy over the phone told me that probably wasn't it.

They said that the first thing I would wanna do was to get my electrician out there and make sure that he didn't leave a wire loose or removed something. My electrician has worked in the same area as the guy that installed it. When he came out, he warned me that in order to get in the panels, you gotta take the cover off and those parts are spring-loaded. That cover slides so it's easy to open. It's spring-loaded and there's pressure in there. He said that if you are not careful and you don't know what you're doing, that spring-loaded part will kick you in the head. I would watch out for that now but the manual doesn't warn me about that.

He checked the part out and all the box. He showed me that he could cycle it. He disconnected it from the tub and showed me there was some power to it but it would slip. It would shut-off and reset. So then he hooked it back up to the tub and tried to reset but it would not. He said that it was working fine electrically and it was doing what it was supposed to do. It was not resetting for a reason. It was keeping us from getting electrocuted. He tried to explain how it worked technically and how it wouldn't take much for it to kick off.

ThermoSpas set up an appointment for a guy to come out and then I tried the tub again. It still didn't work. I tried it again the next night because the last thing I wanted was for the guy to show up and it's working. Sure enough, it worked that night. Based on what the guy told me over the phone, when we had a lot of people in the tub, somehow some water got in the inside of the tub. He said that it didn't take much and if dried it out, it would be fine. I'm glad there was nothing wrong like one of the pumps leaking.

The question is, "What made the water get in the tub?" But the guy who was gonna show up on the service call was more than likely not gonna be able to tell that. So I decided we would just use the tub again. I think this was what happened though. My wife was the last one in the tub and she flopped down right over where the buttons are. There's one big valve there and we had the wave on. In one pole there, water really gushes out if you don't have it turned down. I think she blocked that water from coming out and somehow it must have pushed it back. I was thinking maybe it was a faulty thing so we're being careful not to sit in from of that one jet again. And so far, the tub has been working okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: June 11, 2019

We’ve had our Thermo Spas Concord model hot tub for 13 years and can’t say enough good things about it. It is relaxing and therapeutic. We’ve had the pumps and heater all replaced in the last few years and the repairman said Thermo Spas are the easiest to work on because they don’t have all the foam sprayed inside it and it’s easier to get at the parts. Hence saving money on repairs for us! They are well insulated and we feel our electric bill is not that much more than it would otherwise be. The shell is very durable, easy to clean and is not slippery at all. We have the lift on the cover which makes it so easy for one person to open and provides privacy on one side. We drain it once a year, clean the shell and it’s good to go. Once a week water testing and adjusting the pH is easy. I’m in it several times a week all year round - in Wisconsin! I would definitely recommend a Thermo Spa to anyone considering getting a hot tub.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Doesn't completely drain which is amazing and difficult to keep water balanced with Thermozone technology. Was previous spa owner for 10 years but not this brand. Have to use a bucket to remove residual water. Why with gravity is this necessary?

Original review: May 30, 2019

Our hot tub and swim spa were delivered 5/15. The cover lifter for the swim spa was missing and the stairs were missing parts and could not be assembled. The delivery company, the salesman and I contacted the company on 5/15 and 5/16. I called on 5/22 and was told the cover lifter was shipped 5/21 and they were having problems with the stairs. Today, 5/30 I called again and have not been called back. If I do not receive a call by tomorrow I will request my credit card company to file a complaint and a partial refund until this is cleared up. Our daughter needs more surgery and has been told by her doctors to swim up until the next surgery. We need to be able to use the swim spa.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I've decided to leave a review as I sit here on hold with Thermospas support line (on hold now for over 10 minutes). This is completely consistent with the poor service and mismanagement of my sale from the very beginning. If you want the short version, stear clear of this company. They will lie to you, ignore you, then tell you they "do not take returns."

The longer version is I ordered my Park Avenue Diamond spa ($16K) and was told it would be delivered, installed, setup, and then I would be instructed on how to take care of it. I was told 5 to 6 weeks, which would have had the spa installed somewhere between 3/3/2019 and 3/10/2019. Ha! Three weeks later (grossly missing the "antipated delivery time"), the spa showed up with a third-party install crew. They were super polite and very tired from their drive, and they said they had received no site specifics and wanted to know where it needed to go. Even though I had provided pictures and dimensions, the install crew had nothing. Considering the spa had to be lifted over a fence, this means they could not install it. So what did they do? They dropped it in the yard and left.

3 weeks later, after flailing about with a disinterest support staff, I called a crane company and installed it myself. Finally, more than double the time I was promised, I finally had a spa. But it had broken side panel. It was missing jets. And of course, nobody had been there to explain how to use it, so I've spent tens of hours trying to learn everything. I called support several weeks ago and explained what was broken and missing, and they said they'd send the replacement parts and send a technician to install them. Plus the technician would install the spa lifter that came with the spa (uninstalled). Finally, they said they would figure out where the steps that I ordered and had yet to be delivered were. That was weeks ago and I've have no heard nor seen anybody from Thermospas.

And that is why I (still) am waiting on hold for service. This entire review was written while waiting on hold. I promise you this, the people at this company do not care about you, and they won't give you your money back and drag away their garbage once they have you! If you are reading this, that means you are a smart enough consumer to check-out reviews before you buy. Go get a Hot Springs Spa. Or Sundance. Or even a Jacuzzi. Better yet, go to Home Depot and get a spa from them, you'll pay 1/3rd the cost of Thermospas and you'll have a company that will at least try to make you happy.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We moved into this house about eight years ago. The house came with a hot tub that has no information as to when it was purchased. When we decided to redo our deck, my wife and I thought that we'd go with a new tub too. And just by coincidence, I was channel surfing one night and saw a commercial of ThermoSpas on TV. I watched it and then I made a call and we went from there. We purchased the Manhattan since it was similar in size with the spa that we were replacing. And it has a variety of seats that you can sit in. It also has a large capacity for people, and yet you would still feel very cozy and comfortable. Working with ThermoSpas' customer service team was outstanding. I originally wanted to get the CD and brochure when I called. And then, they set up a guy to come out and talk to us about it. He was excellent and not pushy at all. The follow-up service has been great too.

Our delivery had to be delayed by two months because we're having deck construction going on. There was no problem rescheduling it. In fact, the hot tub was delivered by two men and a woman and they were very nice. Since I was home, I offered to help. The first thing they gave me was a clipboard with a piece of paper to sign on it, and on that paper, it said that I was not to help at all. It got me worried. I thought that if this thing tips over off their dolly, it's gonna go right back to the factory. But the delivery people did a great job positioning it where we wanted it. Everything worked out fine. One of the construction workers found a chipped piece on a corner. So I called ThermoSpas and they did not ask any questions. They didn't even want any proof or pictures. They sent a replacement piece immediately and that was very impressive.

In addition to that, before we hooked up the tub electrically, we had it covered since there was so much rain. One day, I looked inside the hot tub to make sure everything was good and by lifting the lid, I could tell that there was a lot of water. I called ThermoSpas' customer service and told them about it. After I sent pictures, as well as a video showing the water dripping, they told me that a new cover is on its way. It arrived about a week later so it was great. All in all, it took at least two months from delivery to hookup. We had the tub covered most of the time due to the other construction works going on. But when we had a big party and our grandkids were here, they thoroughly loved the hot tub.

Original review: April 29, 2019

The reps of ThermoSpas Hot Tubs came and talked to me. The quality of their product seemed to be good, so I thought of giving them a try over some of the other brands and I purchased the Concord tub model from them. The team at ThermoSpas have been great to work with. The installation of the tub wasn't difficult and didn’t take very long. But the installation was sourced out by ThermoSpas to a different company, so that was the part that was a bit rocky for me. The person that delivered the tub wound up doing things a little quicker and was not the best at explaining things. But now that the tub has been installed, it is of excellent quality and I love it. I like its size which meets my needs and I love the jets. The tub makes me feel a lot better. It definitely takes away a lot of pain that I have in my back and feet. Also, I sleep better after using it. It is well worth the purchase.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

We have had our Thermospa for a little under a year. It truly is relaxing and the jets provide a deep relaxing massage. That said, I’m disappointed in the overall quality of the hot tub. These hot tubs are very expensive, but you don’t get what you pay for. We have had to call and have it serviced 3 times in less than a year. So far, we have had to replace leaky a pressure handle, 2 foot jets that broke and we rarely ever even adjusted, and now we are dealing with electrical problems that are causing the control panel not to respond and one of the pumps is intermittently blowing on its own, while the other jets will not even turn on. I’m so disappointed that we have had so many issues this early on. I will not buy another Thermospa.

Mrs. Thompson,

Thank you for the opportunity to assess and service your hot tub. I'm glad to hear that everything is running smoothly. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further issues.

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: April 26, 2019

After having the ThermoSpas for more than 2 yrs we notice that we have a very minor water leak. My husband gave me the number for the company and I called and leave a message. (3 days and no one called back). Husband calls back and another number was given to him. (Again 2 days by and nooo one responded.) I decided to call the company and find out what is going on, and the ** can care less for my concern with the leak. His very disappointed answer was to give me another number to call, which I told him that I didn't want any numbers. I told him that I wanted for him to send me anyone to fix it.

This ** told me that we don't have a service plan and that's the reason why no one responded. This ** told me to call anyone I want if I don't get a service plan. He didn't even care that I have a ** leak. He just wanted more ** money. I will definitely pay but not to this ** company that don't have professionals working for them. Be aware! Open your eyes! They will treat you like a king or queen until you put your money in their bank. After that you are a piece of ** to them. We are soooo disappointed and I will never ever, everrrr will recommend this company. Not ever to my worse enemy. ThermoSpas hot tub from 10 Research Parkway, Wallingford CT 06492, 203-303-0005. You suckkkk. Mrs.**.

Original review: April 25, 2019

The ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesman was a good guy. We talked and hit it off well. I like the quality of their product and I purchased a brown hot tub. The guys who came over to install it did a great job and they showed me everything. Somebody forgot to put a clamp on tight enough though and one of the hose popped off. But all I had to do was put the clamp back on, put the hose on and put it on right. I like the design of the tub and the ease of getting in and out of it. I like getting in and spending about an hour in it every day. It makes me feel comfortable and relaxed.

Original review: April 23, 2019

ThermoSpas is my first hot tub. It's good enough for me and my wife. Their hot tub is of good quality and we don't need much. So far, we like the jets as well as the lounge chair. I'd recommend ThermoSpas to friends.

Original review: April 22, 2019

ThermoSpas hot tub has been built better than most hot tubs and they have better quality, plus you can access everything underneath. We decided to go with them for their warranty and quality. The Concord was the one I liked. It was the right size. It's not too big. I also like the jets. So far, I'm very satisfied with my hot tub and I would recommend ThermoSpas.

Original review: April 21, 2019

The ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesman, Scott, came to the house and he told us all about their product. He was as nice as he could be and he answered all our questions. He even had me go through the process of building the spa myself. He gave me different options and he told me to choose which one I love and that was what we did. He was fantastic and I couldn't ask for a better sales rep. He even gave me two little rubber ducks to put in the tub. He also helped us with the paperwork. The customer service was awesome.

We got the Manhattan and there were about six people who came for the installation because the spa was so big. They had it set up in no time and the guy that was in charge of them pulled us over and explained everything to us. He even had us do this and that to make sure we knew what we were doing and he told us all about the chemicals. While he was talking to us, he called the rest of the boys and told them to clean up because cardboard and plastic were everywhere when they were taking the tub apart and putting everything in. They cleaned up everything. At the end of it, it wound out being built just like I wanted it to be.

The tub is fully loaded. It has 174 jets and it's wonderful. I like the ones that come out by my neck. I love its color. It matches my patio. I love the lights that are in there and also the size of the tub. I can have friends over. The wave is the biggest thing. My boyfriend is 6'4" and he fits from one end to the other. He has arthritis and back problems but when he gets in the tub, he just melts because it feels so good. The wave really massages his back. Plus, the tub requires hardly any maintenance on it whatsoever. My experience with ThermoSpas was wonderful.

Original review: April 20, 2019

The ThermoSpas salesman was super. He was very knowledgeable, a joy to work with and he really tried to get us what we needed. He listened to everything and then made a suggestion. The Concord had a lot of the features that we liked and had the correct size. We love the hot tub. You get what pay for.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I looked on the internet and found ThermoSpas. I saw the different things on their brochure and I liked them. So, I chose to purchase a spa from them. Their rep was great and the guy that installed it was the best. He helped me a lot and gave me little tips on where I wanted to set it up. I have the spa for a month and a half now and it's very relaxing. I really enjoy it. I like the lights that switch up on it and the different pressure on the pumps. So far, I did maintenance on it for the chlorine and the weekly maintenance, but nothing major. Other than that, since ThermoSpas already has our emails when we ordered from them, maybe they could send us little alerts like when it's time to change filters.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I have arthritis and I was having a lot of hip and knee pain and stiffness. ThermoSpas looked like it was providing more for therapeutic use. Their saleswoman was very nice, personable, and supportive. I wanted the Gemini model which was the smallest hot tub they had. I had some problems because the plug wasn't compatible and it wouldn't plug in, so I had to get some electricians. Once I got it plugged in, everything went smoothly. My arthritis is now much better and I can walk without pain and bend my knee further.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I’m really happy with my tub from ThermoSpas. It’s got two pumps and four adults and a young kid could get in. But it is also perfect for my wife and I. The kid that sold me the tub was really nice. He went through everything with me and we ended up buying it. The guys that came to set it up were outstanding as well. The tub is built solid and there’s a good look to it. I’ve got it along the back patio, and it’s really nice. When the kids are in, we use it every day. And my wife and I use it about three times a week.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We purchased a Chesapeake hot tub from ThermoSpas. The number of jets was the reason we chose it over other options and we would have gone bigger had we been able to afford a bigger tub. We went with ThermoSpas since we believe in the quality of the spa versus some other manufactured tubs. The sales person and the delivery men were all very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. So far, everything seems to be of quality with the tub that we got. But the steps apparently were below quality when they arrived, so they sent these back and we’re still waiting for the replacement. Since we've been using our ThermoSpa tub, it has absolutely made us feel more relaxed. My husband and three children would live in it if I would let them.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I saw an advertisement on Facebook for ThermoSpas and because they were the ones who sent somebody to the house to talk to us, we decided to buy a hot tub from them. Their rep seemed to be knowledgeable and friendly. Also, I love our hot tub and I like that it cuts itself off after a certain amount of time.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We love our ThermoSpas tub. We enjoy it. Its quality is very good, and I don't feel like I paid too much for it. Our purchase experience was very good. The representatives explained the process, went into great detail about the different systems that were available, and what came with them. The scheduling was easy and working with the representative was very easy as well. The tub was also delivered when they said they would deliver it. When I had an issue, they sent somebody right over to take a look at it. We had someone come over when the lights weren't working in one of the seats. He replaced it and took a look at the rest of the system as well.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I scheduled an appointment to have a ThermoSpa salesman meet with me at my home. I spoke with two ladies that callled to confirm the appointment date and time. I gave both of them very specific directions to the house. I received a call from the salesman about 20 minutes before the appointment time saying he was lost as my address did not pull up on his GPS. I gave him the specific directions again. He showed up 45 minutes late. I tried to be understanding. I then listened to two hours of presentation (I was told it would take 60 minutes when it was scheduled). Part of what took so long was he had to call three other salesmen to get answers to our questions. The answers he was given was later contradicted by paperwork he had.

We were presented with paperwork showing a model swim spa that had 4 or 6 pumps and were given prices for each model. We were asked to write a check so we would get the discounts available only at the time of the first visit. We said we needed answers to our questions and requested he email us the quote and contract. We received the info the next day and the quote was the same but the model the contract was for only had 2 pumps and further contradictory information. I was told I needed to call someone else to get more information. I am done wasting my time. Buyer Beware! Don’t fall for this!

Dear Mr. Enger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. I understand you have spoken to a member of our management team and if there any anything else you need in the future please feel free to contact us directly.

Very best,
Elle

Original review: April 11, 2019

The salesman who came to the house was really learned. He told me different things. It's not a jacuzzi, it's an actual spa. That's why he ended up giving me an upgrade and once he did that, I knew I wanted to go with ThermoSpas. The model was from the Silver line that was upgraded to a Gold. It's got 42 jets on it and it is nice. It really helped my hip out. But it's been too cold lately. You're cold getting out and getting in it. But I plan to use it this summer. When I'm up doing yard work, I get kinda sore.

Original review: April 10, 2019

ThermoSpas has an excellent reputation. My husband has a bad back, so the one we purchased has an extra massage option for medical therapy. It’s good for him because you can just jump in and it’s ready to go. You don’t have to wait for it to be heated up. He feels it does help his back. The representative we dealt with was very nice during the sales process. Any time we had any issues after that, the whole process took a long time to actually get it inspected for use. He was quick with his text responses. Installation was fine, however, whoever we used dropped it onto the ground from the truck. But he checked and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

The one thing I don’t like about it is, we have a Maui Gold, and the panel to turn everything on, but the panel is small. It’s actually hard for my husband to press it. You have to press it a couple of times. It has menus, but it’s very small. So, he actually said, if he had seen what the panel was like, he wouldn’t have bought it because it is 10 grand. So, he was very disappointed in the size of the panel. The book we got was a little bit outdated. A guy from ThermoSpas I called sent me a more current book in terms of how to adjust the jets. It wasn’t really clear that you actually had to turn on the jets manually, ‘cause they were closed and opened. That was not in the manual, and I thought that was not very helpful. I, nevertheless, spoke to a tech, and he instructed me on what to do.

Original review: April 9, 2019

ThermoSpas makes their own hot tub. No one else makes it for them and they distribute it. We purchased a Manhattan hot tub that seats seven people, and we got 172 jets compared to 70 jets. We called the guy, he came and showed us what was available and then we picked the model. About a month later, they called and said it was in and that they were gonna deliver it on Wednesday by noon. They were here at noon, set it on the platform we had poured and everything was hooked up. We had a good experience with them. The tub is self-contained and that's a big thing. You plug it in and you just add water.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I liked the value of ThermoSpas. The Chesapeake cost a little above the price range I wanted to spend but it was just about the size of my last hot tub. The sales guy was awesome and the lady who called me about the chemicals was also very good. But I was a little annoyed when the tub was set up. They charged me more money which I did not expect. That money should have been included but there was some kind of mistake made. Also, the console is kinda hard to read and the buttons are kinda small. Other than that, I like the hot tub. It’s very nice.

Original review: April 7, 2019

The ThermoSpas salesman was very persuasive. The Maui fits the space I had for it and it seems to be very nice. I already can't turn the pump or the lights on using the touchpad. But it seems to be good quality. They're coming out to fix it next week. The cost seems a little high but you get what you pay for. I would recommend ThermoSpas.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. They are based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983