ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Visit Website

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Visit Website

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The thermo panels on the ThermoSpas are on the outside and you will not have to get to all the insulation underside. I went to several places and I didn't like the way the inside panels where you had to dig out insulation and foam to get to anything. If you gotta go in there to do work on something, you'd have to cut all that foam and insulation out. Over time, sitting outside, that’s also a habitat for bugs. With ThermoSpas, I also like the construction, the quality, the warranty and the easy setup. You can also pick your color, how many jets you want and where you want them, and how many pumps you want.

The salesman was wonderful too. I had so many questions and I’m sure I asked the same ones over and over but he never lost a beat with it. He took his time. Afterwards, they even came out here and followed up. They've also called since then. They called the day before and on the day of, they were running 30 minutes behind but they called and told me where they were. These people were absolutely wonderful.

Having the hot tub has been exhilarating. It’s been very nice. You get what you pay for in a lot of things and you can tell how well this thing is put together, in terms of the construction and everything on it. It has temperature control and you can design the tub to have the jets you want on. If you just have two people in it, you can just have those two jets running and turn the others off. There are also light features and I like the ease of getting in and out. The tub even has a center thing on the back that's like a cooler. You can put ice and drinks in so you can hold it while you’re out there and you don’t have to get in and out. That has been very nice.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I went for ThermoSpas more by comparison on what I saw, and what was offered, and the construction of the product itself. I like the way it was made and the way the interior was constructed, that it wasn’t filled with styrofoam, that it was insulated, and able to get to all the mechanisms inside if it needed repair. We have the lighting, jets and it’s the five-seat spa. The delivery process was over-the-top. They did a excellent job. And that’s one of the areas that I felt I was more concerned with based on some of the feedback that I saw, as far as reviews. And they exceeded my expectation when they came to do the set up. All around from beginning to end, I had no issues.

I was a first time spa owner and once it got installed I had to get it hooked up by my electrician, so it wasn’t filled when he left. I was left to my own to try to figure out how to handle the chemicals. When they left they said, “Okay. Once disconnected, you fill it up.” And I got the chemicals, and they gave me the sheet, and it explained how to use the chemicals, but they still leave some things to the imagination. So, if anything, I think that could be enhanced.

But I’m still learning. It’s only been a little more than a month since it was delivered. It took about a week to get the electrician to come back to do the hookup. I’m still trying to figure out to make sure that I have the right chemical setup and it's difficult if you’re not familiar with either having a pool or a hot tub. You need to know the pH levels and the alkalinity, and understand how to balance it. But once you get the hang of that, then it’s fine. Nonetheless, enjoyment-wise ThermoSpas has been positive. I have a 13-year-old son and he’s been pretty much utilizing it more so than me. And most of it with his friends.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We moved into this house about eight years ago. The house came with a hot tub that has no information as to when it was purchased. When we decided to redo our deck, my wife and I thought that we'd go with a new tub too. And just by coincidence, I was channel surfing one night and saw a commercial of ThermoSpas on TV. I watched it and then I made a call and we went from there. We purchased the Manhattan since it was similar in size with the spa that we were replacing. And it has a variety of seats that you can sit in. It also has a large capacity for people, and yet you would still feel very cozy and comfortable. Working with ThermoSpas' customer service team was outstanding. I originally wanted to get the CD and brochure when I called. And then, they set up a guy to come out and talk to us about it. He was excellent and not pushy at all. The follow-up service has been great too.

Our delivery had to be delayed by two months because we're having deck construction going on. There was no problem rescheduling it. In fact, the hot tub was delivered by two men and a woman and they were very nice. Since I was home, I offered to help. The first thing they gave me was a clipboard with a piece of paper to sign on it, and on that paper, it said that I was not to help at all. It got me worried. I thought that if this thing tips over off their dolly, it's gonna go right back to the factory. But the delivery people did a great job positioning it where we wanted it. Everything worked out fine. One of the construction workers found a chipped piece on a corner. So I called ThermoSpas and they did not ask any questions. They didn't even want any proof or pictures. They sent a replacement piece immediately and that was very impressive.

In addition to that, before we hooked up the tub electrically, we had it covered since there was so much rain. One day, I looked inside the hot tub to make sure everything was good and by lifting the lid, I could tell that there was a lot of water. I called ThermoSpas' customer service and told them about it. After I sent pictures, as well as a video showing the water dripping, they told me that a new cover is on its way. It arrived about a week later so it was great. All in all, it took at least two months from delivery to hookup. We had the tub covered most of the time due to the other construction works going on. But when we had a big party and our grandkids were here, they thoroughly loved the hot tub.

Original review: April 21, 2019

The ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesman, Scott, came to the house and he told us all about their product. He was as nice as he could be and he answered all our questions. He even had me go through the process of building the spa myself. He gave me different options and he told me to choose which one I love and that was what we did. He was fantastic and I couldn't ask for a better sales rep. He even gave me two little rubber ducks to put in the tub. He also helped us with the paperwork. The customer service was awesome.

We got the Manhattan and there were about six people who came for the installation because the spa was so big. They had it set up in no time and the guy that was in charge of them pulled us over and explained everything to us. He even had us do this and that to make sure we knew what we were doing and he told us all about the chemicals. While he was talking to us, he called the rest of the boys and told them to clean up because cardboard and plastic were everywhere when they were taking the tub apart and putting everything in. They cleaned up everything. At the end of it, it wound out being built just like I wanted it to be.

The tub is fully loaded. It has 174 jets and it's wonderful. I like the ones that come out by my neck. I love its color. It matches my patio. I love the lights that are in there and also the size of the tub. I can have friends over. The wave is the biggest thing. My boyfriend is 6'4" and he fits from one end to the other. He has arthritis and back problems but when he gets in the tub, he just melts because it feels so good. The wave really massages his back. Plus, the tub requires hardly any maintenance on it whatsoever. My experience with ThermoSpas was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was doing a little bit of researching and looking around. There were about four or five tub models from ThermoSpas that looked like they were at the top of the line. However, the issue is there are different types of programming modes on how you wanna heat your tub, and the standard is basically whatever you set it at. It keeps it at that for forever, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There’s an economy mode where the heater doesn’t engage. There are two windows you can set, and if it’s not within that window, the heater stays off to save from this heating in off hours.

In any event, last week, for the first time, I turned to the economy mode, and I was told by ThermoSpas that the default is something like 6:00 to 8:00 in the morning and 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening where it’ll likely heat up the water with the economy mode. I noticed after that, it started to get warmer, and all of a sudden, it was up to 107 degrees, and I don’t know what the heck happened. I kept pressing the button to display the temperature, the setting and it was still set at the same setting that it had been all along.

So I wind up turning all the pumps on and took the cover off. What I wound up doing was I just turned the circuit breaker off to it, and let it sit off for maybe half an hour and then turned it back on and put it back in standard mode, and it has been consistent since then. It’s set for 101 degrees and it stayed at that temperature since. I honestly don’t know if turning it into the economy mode did something or if the thermometer in turn that turns the heater on and off has an issue or what. And I don’t know if when it goes into economy mode if there’s another temperature setting that I’m unaware of. I thought it was still gonna be set at the same 101 temperature that I have.

Nevertheless, the overall quality of the spa is very nice. But the disappointing thing for me is I bought this Park Avenue one and it’s got like a lounge in there, and I asked the salesman, and I don’t know if he misunderstood me but I’m 6 foot 6, so I don’t fit in things like the normal Joe. And I don’t fit there in the lounge. My knees got to be bent up. I’m too long for it. The rep measured my back and there is one seat there that has three seats and each one is at a different level. There was a deep one, which I do fit in that, and the rep even said that it's good. I’ve also been looking at purchasing some chemicals and it looks the prices are insane. But like ThermoSpas' extended warranty. They have a better warranty than any other that I sought. If their warranty is much longer than anyone else, then it’s got to be quality stuff.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Hello Mr. Mcateer,

Thank you for the opportunity to speak on the phone about your hot tub. I'm glad we were able to address the issues you were having. Please feel free to contact our service team if you ever need assistance in the future.

Regards,

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I’ve always wanted a ThermoSpas Hot Tub. My husband has Parkinson’s and we both have arthritis really bad. I thought the Swim Spa would be great for us to exercise. It has where you can swim. It has everything that you can think of. The reps were so nice as well. If I had to call them about a question, everybody had been so sweet. It was also fantastic to watch them put in the tub because they had to bring it in by crane and lift it over my neighbor’s house. My neighbors can’t wait to get in it.

We haven't been able to use it yet. I’m going into the hospital to have an operation and my doctor told me I can’t get in it, so we haven't put water in it yet. But so far, we love it. We were out, uncovered it and checked it and made sure no rainwater gets in. There's a little bit of water in there, but I don’t think it’ll hurt anything. It was a beautiful experience. Everything went so smoothly.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swim assist lane and with the ability to adjust jet flows. However, it disappointed me a little as when the reps talked about the spa, they said that it cleans itself so well. But then once it's cleaning, it's leaving a stain on the shell. I can see that green stain like algae. That disappointed me a little because that was not what I saw on TV and it was one of the reasons I chose ThermoSpas. Still, everybody at ThermoSpas was knowledgeable and they got back to us within a short time period about questions we had. With my spa, I feel more energetic. In my spa, I'm also able to exercise my shoulders when before I couldn't do that or do push-ups.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

ThermoSpas had a more powerful and better warranty product so I decided to have them as my provider. Their reps have all been helpful and friendly. The guy recommended Concord for what we wanted it for, for therapy. It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife feel better. She has arthritis and stuff.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I was looking for swimming pools. I saw ThermoSpas and then I thought, “Well, what about a spa?” Then I looked up on it. I have a lot of aches and pains in joints and so, I thought the swim spa will be good therapy for me. It possesses the heating feature and I can actually move in the water. It will allow me to exercise. The quality of the spa looks wonderful. It was delivered in November and the installation crew was very good. And then we had it enclosed. We had a building put over it. When we put the water in it, we noticed there's an issue. We then haven't been able to use the spa yet. The motherboard wasn’t working. The part never came but they finally got it and they’re coming out today to put one in and fix it.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I was googling some Jacuzzis and ThermoSpas' information came up. It was the only one I looked into plus I really liked the person that came to my house. So, I purchased the Atlantis and I liked its affordability. Also, the size of it was sufficient for the price that I was spending on it, plus you got the extra jets on it. So, the way it was set up was nice. The installation crew was great as well. But when it first was delivered, there was a piece on the bottom that was either melted off or must have got messed up during transport because it wasn’t holding the water in. The water was just coming out. But they came out and fixed it, so it’s been working fine since then.

Other than that, the process of calling in the issue took way longer than I would like and the people I talked to weren’t as nice as the people who sold the product and the ones who came out, installed and fixed it. I also didn’t get a return phone call. It happened on a Friday and I didn’t talk to somebody until Monday, then they didn’t come out until Tuesday. Despite that, I enjoy my spa and it does exactly what it’s supposed to. It relaxes you and it hasn’t really been that cold out, so I’ve been able to use it more.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. They are based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983