Get a Quote

2. Homeowners
  3. Hot Tubs

4.1/5 (408 ratings)

About ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

Pros

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

Cons

• Limited pricing info online

Bottom Line

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Verified

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife fee...

Verified

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swi...

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

When the salesman came to explain everything, we decided to go for the hot tub then. He was real good. He went to a lot of detail with it and we were impressed with everything. I enjoy being in the tub, relaxing-wise. I had the service technician come out Monday and we put the lifter on there. Got that done, even though we had to do it in the pouring rain.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

My husband and I worked with our ThermoSpas sales rep, Tim **, and had a wonderful experience with him. He was polite, accommodating to our needs, and professional in all forms of communication. Tim sold us the Chesapeake Genesis 400 spa and it was our dream come true. This spa has turned our backyard into our own personal therapeutic resort. After a long day at work and juggling the kids’ after curricular activities, our Thermospa is the best form of relaxation to soak away the stress. It also has brought us together as a family by increasing our communication amongst one another. Zero technology in the water allows for more face to face time. By far, this was the best investment we made!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I always wanted a hot tub and it got to a point in my life when I could get it. ThermoSpas popped up on my newsfeed in Facebook because I’ve been looking at them and I researched. They seemed to be one of the better products, so I went with them. The guy who came out was good and very knowledgeable. Dealing with him was pretty easy. Then, the spa was ordered and I got it five weeks early. The guys came out and set it up. They were very nice, generous, and cleaned up after themselves. They did a good job and the delivery was smooth.

I had a panel that was delivered cracked and they got one on order for me, though I haven't received it yet. The delivery was three weeks ago and I called them to let them know that the box for the lift and the handrail came in. So, they had to reschedule and send another person out to do that. He's scheduled for the 19th. It would’ve been preferable that they had the lift cover arrive with the hot tub, but other than that, it's been a good experience. I like the hot and warm circulating the water, which is relaxing. They also have a lounge on it that has a setting on it where water goes down your body, down to your buttocks, then down to the legs, and comes back. That's a nice feature. I like the light features, too as well as the easy access on the touchscreen.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

We were putting a patio together in our backyard and we had a pool there. I thought a hot tub would be nice, so we looked around. We saw some online and we filled out a survey. And next thing I knew, a ThermoSpas rep was at my house and we started discussing hot tubs. He was really good and knowledgeable. He was the owner of that hot tub and he was at our house for three hours. He didn’t really sell it, he just told us why he has one and we liked the concept of ThermoSpas. We purchased one and it's called the Manhattan II. It’s a thermo type of hot tub and ThermoSpas made it for relaxation, but more for therapy and muscle rejuvenation. It’s got 94 jets and 5 pumps. It's an amazing hot tub and it makes you feel really good.

I also spoke to a few reps about delivery. Because of the situation with COVID, people were really putting a lot of money in their backyards. The supply on hot tubs wasn't great. We ordered in late April and we received it in September. But ThermoSpas was good. They got back to me and we discussed it. The delivery team was amazing as well.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

The Hot Tubs are modern, fits in well in any home, and are top quality. Hot Tubs are very useful in the medical field. Breaks down body fat, muscle tension, and stress. You must keep them maintained and I do suggest a warranty. The Hot Tubs are slightly overpriced but like car buying, you can bring your cost down. Look for coupon deals online and at big merchant events like County Fairs. They are there and you can receive a better cost package deal.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I reached out to schedule consult for purchasing hot tub just a few weeks ago. I received several reminder calls for the appt which I intended to keep not thinking anything of it. The tech then didn't show at the time of my appt. I'm not sure if people typically schedule a consult appt without planning to actually be there, but that is not the case. I then called to see what happened and the scheduling department receptionist was pretty "snippy" with me and not professional. Not a good way to start a relationship for an investment that will cost thousands.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We are sincerely sorry for this experience as it is not our typical process. We appreciate you providing this feedback and will be relaying this information to our management staff.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: June 17, 2021

Parts are "cover for certain time" that is what they say, but not service which it exceeds the price for the parts. When I called to book a service "awful". Very expensive hot tub not to be cover completely for few years. I bought a tv which had warranty just like the one Thermospas say they "offer" and the tv people came and fix it at no charge at all. That's the type of business people should get. Again thermospas are very expensive- I would expect when it says warranty for certain time that I would not have to worry due to the incredible high price that I already paid for it. If something becomes defective it means it is not so good made/expensive hot tub and started to break in such short time!! When called to book a service the service man gave me the price for the service and he finally wanted to ship the part so I can fix myself!! Because the price for the service was so much!!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. As explained in your Warranty, there is a cost for service after the first year, further information regarding your Warranty can be found on our website. If you should need further assistance or have any questions regarding Service, please contact our Service Department at 1-800-833-7727 or by email at support@thermospas.com.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: May 17, 2021

We actually loved our ThermoSpas Aquacisor Hot Tub but the manifold started leaking after two years. Warranty is only good for parts after one year and it’s been next to impossible to find a repairman to come out. It’s very frustrating to spend $16,000 on a “top of the line” hot tub only to have the manifold leaking. We found another review with the same problem so obviously there’s an issue with ThermoSpas. Once it’s repaired we’ll probably have the same issue in two years again.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We apologize for the inconvenience, currently, with the high demand in the Hot Tub industry, there are delays with the availability of technicians, we are working on scheduling customers as timely as possible. For further assistance, please contact our Service Department by email at support@thermospas.com or by calling 1-800-833-7727.

Best Regards

Resolution response: April 30, 2021

Checking my credit card bill online today, it shows a refund issued as of April 14, although this predates the date of my review and of the company's response. So somehow they were able to issue a credit card refund after all and even backdate it. Grateful for the outcome, in any case.

Original review: April 22, 2021

We met with a sales rep in September of 2020, who assured us that, despite the many trees in our yard, a crane operator could maneuver the spa into our backyard. We were told that delivery would be in the spring because of the large back-up of orders, which was fine with us. Spring came, and we were notified the crane operator needed us to take down a large trunk of a double-trunk oak tree. These types of trees can only be trimmed during the cold weather, after the first frost, not in the spring, because of danger of bug infestation and disease. Taking down that half of the trunk would also leave the tree unstable.

We had to cancel the order. We spoke with Jim, who told us he was issuing the credit for the $2,700 deposit that day. After 10 days with no refund issued to our credit card, I called and he said they had gotten a new credit company within the last six weeks that did not have the capability to issue refunds to credit cards. They would be sending us a check in the next three to four weeks, and to call him again if it didn't show up. This is a terrible way to do business all the way around.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for this experience. Regarding returning your deposit, we can confirm that the information provided to you from our Director Jim is accurate. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience. If you should have any questions, please contact him directly or call us at 1-800-876-0158.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: March 14, 2021

Ordered the tub on 9/22/2020 with agreed to delivery for 12/23/2020. At delivery, the spa cover lift mechanism along with the steps did not arrive but the service technicians said they would follow up of these items. We built temporary steps since we wanted to use the tub. For the next few weeks we noticed a few items, as in one pump, were not working and had set up a service call. The service team arrived and addressed the tub issues along with installing the spa cover lift mechanism. But there were no steps with the service call. Today, March 14, 2021 we still have no steps. ThermoSpas has a premium price but sub par customer service. We are not impressed with their tub quality nor their follow-up. For the price we would not recommend ThermoSpas.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We apologize for any inconvenience. Due to Covid-19, some parts are on backorder as factories continue to abide by safety protocols, including social distancing, causing our facilities and our manufacturers facilities to have to function at a lower capacity in order for staff to remain safe during production and because of this, some parts are delayed. Our records show that you have since cancelled your step order, again we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you should have any questions regarding this cancellation, please call our Service Department directly at 1-800-833-7727.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983