4.0/5 (428 ratings)

About ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

Pros

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

Cons

• Limited pricing info online

Bottom Line

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Verified

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife fee...

Verified

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swi...

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

The installers did a good job, and the hot tub is nice. It works well. I’m just hoping to connect with ThermoSpas tomorrow to set up an appointment regarding an issue. I put a call in for service because there's some water leaking from the bottom. I got return call and the message was open it up and see if I can do it myself. They said to take the panel off, twist something, and see if that stops it. I was like, "Why don't you guys get down here and do it yourself since I just bought it." Other than that, the sales guy did a great job. The one thing that doesn't make sense is the pillows that have water coming out of them, and they can get rid of that. I don't think we'll ever use them. The sales guy doesn't even use them.

Hello Joe!

We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your hot tub so far! Our records show that we have reached to the local field technician and requested they contact you to schedule your service appointment to review for a potential leak. Our in-house Service Technicians typically do attempt a walkthrough with customer’s over the phone to help resolve any questions they may have in the moment however, we are always able to help set up a field technician to visit your site to better assist you. If you should have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact our Service Department by email at support@thermospas.com or by phone at 1-800-833-7727. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, happy soaking!

-ThermoSpas Customer Delight Team

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

ThermoSpas was the best unit on the market. Unfortunately, that translated it to being the most expensive one on the market. But I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. And my sister always said, “If you buy something that's quality, you only wince once.” The salesperson that came out to our house was very knowledgeable. And he was upfront about, “Yeah, these are expensive, but these are really good. You're gonna like it.”

I have called Tony, the guy who did the installation, and said, “Hey, I've got a question about this. I got a question about that.” And his customer service isn't the best. When he was at my house, he was nice and helpful. And the two guys that he had with him were friendly. But I’ve called Tony twice where he said, “I'm right in the middle of something. I'll call you back.” But he never called me back. And I have a serious couple of questions about how to maintain my tub and what I'm supposed to do to keep it clean and keep the pH correct. I would be more than willing to pay him to come out and go over everything again because I don't want to screw up my tub. But I can't seem to get ahold of him.

If I say I'm gonna call somebody back, come hell or high water, I call that person back. I've had my spa installed for a month now. And I want to make sure that I am operating it and keeping it as clean as possible. If my $15,000 hot tub craps out in five years, I won't be happy. I expect this unit to last me. And I would love Tony to give me a call and say, “Hey. Yeah. Not next week, but the week after or whatever, I'm going to be in your area. Can I stop by and chat with you and your wife and see what questions you have?” Because I've gotten no follow up from him. Other than that, I like everything about the hot tub.

Hi James!

Thank you so much for this review and honest feedback. We’re excited to hear that you had a great experience with your Design Consultant and you’re enjoying your hot tub.

For start-up and chemicals, we have a knowledgeable staff of in-house service technicians that can review information with you right over the phone and can handle any questions you may have about your hot tub functions. We recommend you contact our Service Department directly with any questions at 1-800-833-7727 or by email at support@thermospas.com.

Additionally, our in-house technicians can assist in setting up an appointment for you with a local field technician if you’d like an in-person spa orientation. Based on the information you’ve provided here; we have created a case for an in-house technician to contact you to review any questions you may currently have.

Thank you again for choosing ThermoSpas, happy soaking!

-ThermoSpas Customer Delight Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

ThermoSpas had everything that I wanted. Where the jets were set up, because theirs was different than everybody else's. It’s all individualized. And that’s what sold me. It’s its own thing. I sat in every seat already, and each one is different. And it does different things. I like it. The sales rep and installers were both great. Those guys told me everything I was looking for, that I looked up. And those guys came in perfectly, and put it all in there, and got it all set right. So, when the electrician came to hook it all up, it was perfect. I've gotten in it twice since it’s been installed. My daughter uses it more than I do. I travel a lot for work. And that’s one reason why I wanted those, so now I can relax a bit more.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The ThermoSpas sales guy, Peter, came out. He was very good at explaining the product and sold me on it. I liked the quality of it. I wanted the high-quality one that was efficient and not using a bunch of energy, and one that would hold up and not have problems. It had a lot of jets. Also, I like the way it was built. Just the way it was built was different than the regular foam interior type of spa. So, the efficiency of it. The fact that it’s a 20-year spa instead of a 10-year spa. And I like the idea of designing it for yourself, however you kind of customize it. That was cool. The lady who’s doing the drawing was taking her time. And we needed the drawing before the contractor. And we have the electrical all hooked up, but we’re waiting to do the trenching to get the electrical and the plumbing for the shower connected all at one time. That’s the hold up. But I met with her yesterday. So now, I just got to get the contractor ready to go.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I ordered the ThermoSpas hot tub in January. It showed up in the warehouse earlier than they had said it would and would have been delivered in May, but I had HOA issues. It was delivered two weeks ago. It was easy and wonderful. I expected it to be in pieces and they were gonna assemble it. They pulled out all these parts from underneath their trailer and it was fascinating. I was in awe. I live in a townhouse so they had to go around a couple of other houses and it was not a flat terrain. Plus, it started to rain. But they were very professional and good-natured about everything. I was very pleased. I'm a fan of the tub. I use every three days, and I'm already feeling differences in my muscles and pains that I have.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

We use the hot tub frequently, and so far, so good.

Hello James!

We’re excited to hear you’re enjoying your ThermoSpas hot tub! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Happy soaking!

-ThermoSpas Customer Delight Team

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The Concord's supposed to be a high quality unit, but we're very unhappy. It leaked from day one, and it's taken weeks in between each visit, because they had to get parts. One time, ThermoSpas sent a guy out and he fixed it, but when I filled it up with water, it was leaking from a different spot. We've had the Concord a month, and we haven't been able to use it. The reps were responsive, but we're done with this, and we're sending it back. They're supposed to come pick it up.

Hi Charles,

We are very sorry for this experience as the Concord is certainly one of our customer favorites. Our records indicate we are indeed on a resolution path with you regarding this issue. If you should have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to contact our Service Department directly by email at support@thermospas.com or by phone at 1-800-833-7727.

Best Regards,

ThermoSpas Customer Delight Team

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I bought this hot tub during the pandemic, and it was delivered in January 2021. It is now September of 2022, and the keyboard has completed malfunctioned! Called the company repeatedly about this problem for over a month and still haven't received the new keyboard. On top of that, I have to pay for the labor to fix it! It is a year and a half old. I bought this thinking it was top quality and had a great warranty. What a scam! Also, the cover is ripping all over. Terrible customer service. Can't get any help with this situation. I definitely have buyer's remorse

Hello Lori,

We’re sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with your Hot Tub. Looking into our records, our Service Department has ordered you a replacement topside control that is covered 100% by your warranty. Regarding your cover, one of our dispatchers has reached out to you with a cover replacement form. If you should have any questions regarding the status of these parts, please contact our Service Department directly by phone at 1-800-833-7727 or by email at support@thermospas.com.

Best Regards,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Dave -sales and Shawn tech were amazing to work with. I love my spa and made an excellent decision to do business with. Dave explained what we needed to do to get our spa installed. He knows how to advise you the best ways to prepare for a new spa. We love our new source of pampering! They will work with you financially and no stress or hassles. Everything - installation and delivery went smooth! I recommend the sales and techs along with the Thermospa company!

Original review: July 23, 2022

My experience with them has been really good. They've been very helpful and informative. The product looks nice and we're happy so far with the process.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983