4.0/5 (417 ratings)

About ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

Pros

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

Cons

• Limited pricing info online

Bottom Line

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Verified

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife fee...

Verified

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swi...

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 16, 2022

I’m writing this as a new owner of a Manhattan II hot tub from ThermoSpas (TS). It was delivered in late March and has never worked in the nearly two months I’ve had the unit. This post describes my experience with ThermoSpas sales staff and customer service. I learned early in the process of buying a new hot tub that the industry is very opaque. Pricing information is extremely hard to come by until you’re sitting in front of a salesperson or listening to their pitch via Zoom. After a month or more of searching and reading reviews, I settled on ThermoSpas as their Park Avenue model received consistently high marks in online reviews.

I scheduled a consultation with a salesman named Peter and, in hindsight, was the first red flag I should have seen. Despite saying I was interested in the Park Avenue model, he alerted me to the fact the Manhattan II model was basically the same price but bigger and with more whistles. His pitch worked and in short order he helped me design my new Manhattan II. At the end of the process, the price of the tub took advantage of what the salesman called “glitches” so he could only hold the price for a week and if the glitches were fixed he couldn’t access that pricing anymore. Despite the obvious sales tactics, I signed on the dotted line with an expected wait of 20 weeks for my new tub and 50% down.

Fast forward about 20 weeks and my tub was ready as scheduled. Success! I was alerted that my unit was undergoing inspection at their warehouse and would be sent to me when their delivery service could schedule it. It took about 3 weeks to arrive. When it did, I should have seen another red flag – a three man crew with a flat bed trailer arrived with my new tub and another 2-year old ThermoSpas hot tub that was being replaced. Two-year old hot tubs shouldn’t be replaced right? The crew situated my tub on the concrete pad I had laid for the tub. Missing from my delivery were the stairs I ordered with the tub for $200. The crew said that most of the tubs they were delivering were missing stairs. I had to email the salesman who forwarded my issue to customer service and a woman named Jessica. She said there were manufacturing issues with the stairs and they had to switch manufacturers as a result.

I could wait 12+ weeks for the stairs I had already paid for or get a refund and find a replacement. I chose to find my own set. ThermoSpas knew this was an issue so why I had to track downstairs that were never going to arrive is a mystery. Just give me my money back earlier so I have stairs already ordered before my tub arrives! It took numerous emails to get the money as Jessica was suddenly unable to receive external emails from me. Thankfully Amazon had a suitable set of stairs for $300.

Two days after delivery, the electrics were hooked up and I filled the tub and started getting the chemicals in line. Two days later, I was confident the chemicals were good and my wife hopped into what she thought was a 103 degree tub. Well, the screen said it was 103 – turns out it was actually 84! Over the next day I tried everything I could to reset the unit but the temperature differential got worse. I finally called ThermoSpas customer service when the unit displayed a temp of 117 with a warning that the heat safety had been triggered. The actual tub temp was 76 degrees.

Upon contacting customer service, it was immediately obvious I was speaking to someone who didn’t actually work on hot tubs. This person definitely had a binder in front of him with common problems and simple fixes. My issues didn’t fall within this domain so after about 5 minutes he said he was creating a work ticket and I would be contacted by a technician within 48 hours. I hadn’t heard back in 2 days so called the store tasked with fixing my tub. This is the biggest red flag for ThermoSpas for me – it contracts out service of their tubs so when they send you a technician it’s just a hot tub store in a local community.

Unfortunately for me I live somewhat rurally so All Spas in Beaverton, OR only sends technicians to my area every 2-3 weeks. My problem wasn’t even going to be diagnosed for nearly a month! I was fortunate that there was a cancellation so a technician came out 2 weeks later. After about 10 minutes he said it needed parts and someone would be back to install once ThermoSpas had sent the parts. All Spas then cancelled my next appointment and made me reschedule to have the parts installed. That date is June 1, 5 weeks after my last technician visit! During his visit, the technician made a comment to me that new models (the Manhattan II is a new model) tend to have production/engineering issues and that my problems are likely due to that. If only I had ordered that darn Park Avenue…

Once I realized I would be sitting on a broken tub for two months, I sent a tersely worded email to my customer service contact Jessica explaining why I felt so unsatisfied as a customer and what a low opinion I had of ThermoSpas. She immediately responded that my issue had been escalated and someone would contact me by the end of the week, which was my deadline for action. I got a call late afternoon on that Monday but couldn’t talk as I was ferrying around my family to after school activities. I was left a message that said: “Hi Matt, Mike with ThermoSpas, service director here. My number is …” The next day I texted and left a voicemail and the following day he called me back. I explained my story and why I was so dissatisfied. I asked what he could do for me.

He suggested he could do something like send me a chemical kit that “retails for $200” and I said that was the exact sort of thing I was hoping they “could do for me.” He also agreed they could extend my warranty if necessary. He explained he wasn’t in the office but he would call me back later from the office to discuss specifics. He never called back and my text messages last week went unanswered. It’s now been 2 weeks since my tersely worded email…

So, here I am delivering on what I said I would do – tell prospective customers of ThermoSpas why they should steer clear of this company and choose another hot tub. One of ThermoSpas big selling points is their service and industry-leading warranty. Their parts are supposedly readily available so you can fix your tub when you need to. Well, if my experience dealing with their customer service is anything to go by, good luck getting service, warranty or parts help when you need it! I wish I had chosen a different tub and a different manufacturer. I wish that ThermoSpas actually delivered on what all their marketing materials state – that they are an industry-leading hot tub company with exceptional service and products. My personal experience with them unfortunately proves the exact opposite. Ultimately, I simply wish that I owned a working and reliable hot tub.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. Our Sales Technicians strive to find the hot tub that best fits your needs and desires; our Manhattan II is one of our flagship hot tubs and a customer favorite, which is likely why Peter thought it was a good fit. We are sorry to hear you’re currently dissatisfied and hope we can improve this experience for you moving forward.

Regarding Service; our Service Department is equipped with a knowledgeable staff of in-house technicians that are available over the phone to assist you with any questions you may have, from start-up, balancing chemicals, winterizing your hot tub and more. Our in-house technicians can also assist you with ordering parts and scheduling an on-site visit if necessary with a full-time approved factory technician local to you and as part of the Jacuzzi Group Worldwide family, we have greater access to parts and local technicians for when you need them. We’re sorry to hear there was an issue upon start up and see that one of our local service technicians is scheduled to assist you on 6/1 to resolve any outstanding issues you may be having.

As for your steps, thank you for your patience regarding the delay. As Jessica mentioned, we had sent an email to all impacted customers letting them know we had encountered manufacturing issues due to the ongoing global parts shortages and we are currently sending steps directly to customers as they become in stock or offering a refund on the cost paid for the steps if desired.

Again, we appreciate your feedback as it is valuable to our process in making improvements to ensure we provide customers with an excellent experience.

Sincerely,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I'm happy so far. I like a lot of the jets and the tub is easy for me to get in and out of so that's a plus. The spring assist on the lid will come in handy. It's higher upfront cost with ThermoSpas, but it's gonna last longer.

Original review: March 17, 2022

ThermoSpas was what I wanted for health reasons. It has nice features and their guy was very helpful. He was very informative. I asked him what I needed to do or why I have to do it, and who I should get to do it. He showed me what it was like to have the biggest hot tub and what it was like to have the next one down version and the one that was at the bottom. We went through all the different options and I realized I didn’t need the biggest one. ThermoSpas sent me something saying that they were getting ready to ship the hot tub to a warehouse then they would call me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Attempted MULTIPLE times to reach CS via phone (wait times of 17mins, 27mins, 14mins) on first day. Gave up again on the second day. Tried email and was bounced out by their server (most likely disconnected). My experience is they only care about you if you're buying something! The tubs are entry level low quality. Nothing like a Sundance!!! Reps sold us a ton of un-needed chemicals I'm now force with disposing of!!!! I recommend you buy elsewhere as to not suffer the regret myself and other owners have experienced!!!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for the delay as we are currently experiencing some hold times on our phone lines. Additionally, you can reach our Service Department at their new service email address; support@thermospas.com.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We ordered our Manhattan tub in March of 2021. We were told due to covid delays it would be the end of June before we got delivery. We spent all the money preparing the site etc and no tub as of July. We reached out for updates and do not get calls back. The last promise was September. It’s now mid-October. The salesman gives me the same “canned” reply to every email that he will check and get back to me and of course he nor anyone else ever does. Delays I can understand. The complete disregard, lies, and lack of communication I cannot. I am now concerned about the quality of the warranty. If this is how they treat new customers I cannot imagine what I am in for if we have a problem with the tub. Buyer beware!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for the delay in communication. As our Customer Experience manager had previously mentioned in the conversation he had with you, we are experiencing industry wide delays for some parts and constraints due to COVID that can unfortunately cause delays in shipping orders. We are working on shipping orders as timely as possible and implementing system updates to improve our communication with our customers. Our records show that our Customer Experience manager has attempted to contact you, please reach out to him at your earliest convenience.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I'm a current customer of Thermospas that I need to access their parts and service department. I was on hold for over an hour multiple times, no one answered my calls. I called the following numbers with the same message: 800-876-0158, 800-833-7727,888-743-8121, 800-603-3556. My recommendation would be not to purchase their spas because of poor customer service.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We apologize for the delay as we are experiencing some hold times on our phone line. Our Service Department can also be reached by email at support@thermospas.com. We have let our Service Department know you are in need of assistance; someone will be contacting you within the next 24-48 hours.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Purchased in 2017 and was sold on the purchase (nearly $14,000.00) when the salesperson kept reiterating their "10-year warranty" that covered everything. It was a lie. I see now (after reading reviews here) that others were told the same thing. When it was delivered, it was literally DROPPED 4' onto our patio from the back of a pick-up truck! There were three or four guys in a pickup that made the delivery! Not even a professional delivery crew! Yes, our complaints started immediately. Immediately upon set-up, there was a leak. We had a repair person come FOUR times to make repairs (leaks) in the first year. The last time the repair person came, they GLUED some of the jets (to stop the leak!), and they are now in a permanent position and cannot be adjusted!

It's been leaking again since May 2020 (can NEVER get anyone on the phone--don't be fooled by the phone numbers they post--you'll NEVER get a live person on the phone--I called six times in one day and stayed on the phone 20+ minutes each time listening to music and never talked to anyone before finally hanging up). Maybe it was due to COVID--don't care about their excuse for same. Could never reach anyone. I finally looked up old emails from 2018 when the other repairs were done and sent emails about the leak. Received "undeliverable" responses to some of the addresses, but I must have made it through to someone.

Today I received a call from a BLOCKED NUMBER and was told there was no warranty past the first year except for the hull, and definitely no labor was covered after the first year. Parts could be purchased, I was told, at a discount though (50% in year four). I was told a CERTIFIED REPAIR TECHNICIAN had to be called by ME to come and look at it (and I had to pay them)--and when that technician determined what parts were necessary, I had to order them (not the technician!). What if the technician gave me the wrong part number???

I asked this person to send me the technician's information in an email. I received an email WITH NO CONTACT INFORMATION FROM THE SENDER (and from a "no reply" email address) with a technician who is IN ANOTHER STATE--4.5 HOURS AWAY FROM ME (ONE WAY!). So apparently I have to pay for a technician to travel nine hours (round trip) PLUS the time they spend on site JUST TO DETERMINE WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT. THEN, I have to order the parts. THEN, I have to pay the technician to come back (yes, another 9-hour round trip--NOT COUNTING THE REPAIR TIME) to fix it! I think not!

I do NOT recommend anyone ever purchase anything from this company. Their service is TERRIBLE. You will regret it at some point...I guarantee it. SHOP LOCAL--Find someone near you who sells the product you want, who's been in business for a while, and who can send someone to do repairs. THERMOSPAS IS A JOKE. I regret this purchase, and lesson learned!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The salesman I worked with was very knowledgeable and helped me build the perfect spa. Delivery was scheduled for between 5/26/2012 - 6/26/2021. Spa finally came on July 27 2021. Delivery team was awful, would not drill a small hole in bottom of spa for electrical conduit pipe. I asked three times told had to have electrician drill the hole. Mind you the hole was drilled into a previous hole done at the factory that was filled with foam. They left spa (which weights 500 lbs) sitting on a paver block. They didn't install the cover life mechanism properly. Next day Electrician comes drills hole and now him and I haven't figure out how to move the 500 lb spa (pick it up) about a foot to place over the electric pipe. Needless to say no easy feat.

Next get it all wired and inspected and fill. Turn on and only half the spa works. Call again for technical service. Again on hold for at least 15 minutes, hung up on twice, so three more calls before I get to speak to anyone. They schedule their technician to come out to check the spa, Of course this takes approximately 10 days to accomplish. Well jets were clogged with glue from the factory, two jets broken, one pump does not work properly, shoulder massage jets need plyers to turn on and off, and water diverter is not working properly. Tech leaves and said will order parts and call next day to let me know when to expect fix. Five days later I have heard nothing. I'm told I can use the spa but only one side works. This is suppose to be a five person spa not a one person spa. And for this they expect me to pay full price for something that does not work, and I can't get fixed.

The final push over my edge is when I finally get to talk to a service technician, who informed me the guy who came out didn't know the spa and if I would go out to the spa he could get me to fix it over the phone. I'm sorry but I don't work for your company. I told them to come get the spa but he (Nike) said I could not return as it only had minor problems. I don't need this kind of stress in my life. I bought this spa to relax in but that is sure not the case. I would highly suggest that you stay away from this company and spend your money elsewhere.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. It is our policy that delivery teams do not drill holes into the Hot Tubs so that the electrician can drill a hole with the correct placement in coordination with electrical installation. Regarding your Hot Tub being placed on pavers, it seems this placement was possibly done to assist your electrician by providing extra room, however we do see on the delivery report that you had signed off approving the final placement of your Hot Tub. Our records show that our Service Department has been working with you regarding any outstanding issues you may be having at this time, and they have reached out to the local technician to schedule your service appointment, you will be hearing from someone soon. If you should have further questions, please contact our Service Department directly by emailing support@thermospas.com or calling 1-800-833-7727.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

Salesman came and sold me the spa...3 months later when came time for delivery there was little notice and damaged upon arrival..Customer service never returned a phone call ..The sales person talked a lot but did nothing..They have in my opinion little respect or customer service...They refunded my full cost but I suspect they sold the damaged hot tub to someone else for maybe more money than what I paid...I went to a local spa dealer, bought a bigger and better spa and had delivery within 10 days ...Stay far away from this company. You will never be happy with the customer service and they are overpriced as I saved 1500 at the local dealer..

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for this experience. Occasionally, during delivery some of the panels may become scratched or cracked; we understand this is highly unfavorable but fortunately, is a cosmetic issue that can be resolved quickly by our Service Department. Our records show we were able to discuss this information with you, but you ultimately decided to not move forward with delivery. Regarding delivery timeframes, we do update customers about delivery dates by sending notifications with estimated delivery timeframes, updates when Hot Tubs ship and having the local installer call to schedule the final delivery date with the customer, however we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback for us to review our process.

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: June 25, 2021

I reached out to schedule consult for purchasing hot tub just a few weeks ago. I received several reminder calls for the appt which I intended to keep not thinking anything of it. The tech then didn't show at the time of my appt. I'm not sure if people typically schedule a consult appt without planning to actually be there, but that is not the case. I then called to see what happened and the scheduling department receptionist was pretty "snippy" with me and not professional. Not a good way to start a relationship for an investment that will cost thousands.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We are sincerely sorry for this experience as it is not our typical process. We appreciate you providing this feedback and will be relaying this information to our management staff.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983