3.96/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

Original review: April 30, 2019

We moved into this house about eight years ago. The house came with a hot tub that has no information as to when it was purchased. When we decided to redo our deck, my wife and I thought that we'd go with a new tub too. And just by coincidence, I was channel surfing one night and saw a commercial of ThermoSpas on TV. I watched it and then I made a call and we went from there. We purchased the Manhattan since it was similar in size with the spa that we were replacing. And it has a variety of seats that you can sit in. It also has a large capacity for people, and yet you would still feel very cozy and comfortable. Working with ThermoSpas' customer service team was outstanding. I originally wanted to get the CD and brochure when I called. And then, they set up a guy to come out and talk to us about it. He was excellent and not pushy at all. The follow-up service has been great too.

Our delivery had to be delayed by two months because we're having deck construction going on. There was no problem rescheduling it. In fact, the hot tub was delivered by two men and a woman and they were very nice. Since I was home, I offered to help. The first thing they gave me was a clipboard with a piece of paper to sign on it, and on that paper, it said that I was not to help at all. It got me worried. I thought that if this thing tips over off their dolly, it's gonna go right back to the factory. But the delivery people did a great job positioning it where we wanted it. Everything worked out fine. One of the construction workers found a chipped piece on a corner. So I called ThermoSpas and they did not ask any questions. They didn't even want any proof or pictures. They sent a replacement piece immediately and that was very impressive.

In addition to that, before we hooked up the tub electrically, we had it covered since there was so much rain. One day, I looked inside the hot tub to make sure everything was good and by lifting the lid, I could tell that there was a lot of water. I called ThermoSpas' customer service and told them about it. After I sent pictures, as well as a video showing the water dripping, they told me that a new cover is on its way. It arrived about a week later so it was great. All in all, it took at least two months from delivery to hookup. We had the tub covered most of the time due to the other construction works going on. But when we had a big party and our grandkids were here, they thoroughly loved the hot tub.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was doing a little bit of researching and looking around. There were about four or five tub models from ThermoSpas that looked like they were at the top of the line. However, the issue is there are different types of programming modes on how you wanna heat your tub, and the standard is basically whatever you set it at. It keeps it at that for forever, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There’s an economy mode where the heater doesn’t engage. There are two windows you can set, and if it’s not within that window, the heater stays off to save from this heating in off hours.

In any event, last week, for the first time, I turned to the economy mode, and I was told by ThermoSpas that the default is something like 6:00 to 8:00 in the morning and 6:00 to 8:00 in the evening where it’ll likely heat up the water with the economy mode. I noticed after that, it started to get warmer, and all of a sudden, it was up to 107 degrees, and I don’t know what the heck happened. I kept pressing the button to display the temperature, the setting and it was still set at the same setting that it had been all along.

So I wind up turning all the pumps on and took the cover off. What I wound up doing was I just turned the circuit breaker off to it, and let it sit off for maybe half an hour and then turned it back on and put it back in standard mode, and it has been consistent since then. It’s set for 101 degrees and it stayed at that temperature since. I honestly don’t know if turning it into the economy mode did something or if the thermometer in turn that turns the heater on and off has an issue or what. And I don’t know if when it goes into economy mode if there’s another temperature setting that I’m unaware of. I thought it was still gonna be set at the same 101 temperature that I have.

Nevertheless, the overall quality of the spa is very nice. But the disappointing thing for me is I bought this Park Avenue one and it’s got like a lounge in there, and I asked the salesman, and I don’t know if he misunderstood me but I’m 6 foot 6, so I don’t fit in things like the normal Joe. And I don’t fit there in the lounge. My knees got to be bent up. I’m too long for it. The rep measured my back and there is one seat there that has three seats and each one is at a different level. There was a deep one, which I do fit in that, and the rep even said that it's good. I’ve also been looking at purchasing some chemicals and it looks the prices are insane. But like ThermoSpas' extended warranty. They have a better warranty than any other that I sought. If their warranty is much longer than anyone else, then it’s got to be quality stuff.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Hello Mr. Mcateer,

Thank you for the opportunity to speak on the phone about your hot tub. I'm glad we were able to address the issues you were having. Please feel free to contact our service team if you ever need assistance in the future.

Regards,

Tom G.

Customer Experience Manager

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

A buddy of mine in New York owns a ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Park Avenue model and we really liked it. The number of jets, the ozone appealed to us and the fact that we don’t have to change the water because I have hard water here and I have to treat my water. Working with the people at ThermoSpas has been great. They follow-up with a phone call or an email and they want to check and see how things are going. I talked to the guy the after the install because when they initially delivered it and got it here, they sent the wrong cover. The guy said, “Well, I’ll be here the day after Christmas to change it out,” and he did, “and I’ll have the correct cover on there.” So, all that was done per my conversation with the installer.

Also, an issue that I’m having with the tub right now is that the plugs where the air bubbler system is tend to keep popping out from day one. I discussed this with a guy at ThermoSpas. He sent me some new ones, but I haven’t put them in yet because they’re screw-ins. I don’t know if that’s the solution or not. The jets are so strong it unthreads them and unscrews them itself. Just to check it out, I screwed them all the way back down and six of them popped out. I screwed them all back down, I turned the air bubbler system on and in a minute three of them were almost unthreaded back out again.

They need to come up with another solution there as far as that thing is concerned. It’s a $16,000 tub. I shouldn’t have to be screwing stuff down. But overall, I’m happy with the tub. No matter where you sit in the hot tub, it’s very relaxing, we had another hot tub prior to this one and it doesn’t even compare to this one at all. This is the Cadillac of hot tubs. What they say about this hot tub, as far as ThermoSpas goes and their videos that I’ve seen, it definitely exceeds everything that I’ve seen in there.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

A coworker has had a ThermoSpas for four years and he raves about it. Originally, I was looking to get an in-ground spa put in, and that was more at the retail price of what this one was at in the beginning without any discounts. However, the in-ground spa would not get as warm as an actual hot tub and it would not have all those great, beneficial jets for your sore muscles and aching back. The ThermoSpas tub also had a 20-year warranty on the shell and a 10-year warranty on the motor which was great. Those were better than what you can get from a car.

The Wave Lounger has 40 odd jets that goes from top to bottom, so you get the little massages from the neck down to your toes and then, you can stop it where you want it. I liked the whole-body massage experience for better health. It only comes in a smaller model so it would have been great if they had a five-seater versus the three-seater. The customer service team has been awesome but my spa is not working. It keeps tripping and I had the ThermoSpas tech come out. They said it was the motherboard and they were supposed to have ordered one yesterday. Hopefully, it’ll be in this week.

I’ve had it since the 22nd of December, which was a funny time of year to try to get an electrician in, so I got an electrician on the 31st to wire it. Half the jets on the other side weren’t working either before it tripped and I was thinking it got wired wrongly but we verified the wiring was correct. They came in and looked at it on a Saturday, which was not a normal day to come out and look at people’s spas. So, the fact that they came on a Saturday versus waiting until yesterday was great because they know how long I had it for and the problems I was having. I even had an electrician on the phone with the ThermoSpas customer service when they came out the second time to be sure that everything was done right.

The delivery team was awesome. They did it where I wanted it, planned the different features and what everything does. I told the sales guy what I wanted. You can pick whatever you want which was great but they sometimes have spas that are in stock because people couldn’t take them and I took one of those. I had big savings to get what I wanted except that it wasn’t the color that I would have picked, but they worked fine. It was not worth paying that massive thousands for the colors and it works great on my landscape. I got one of the top-of-the-line, so I’ll be very happy with it once it’s up and running fully. Even with all the stuff going on, I would recommend ThermoSpas based on the fact that it worked for a few minutes when I was sitting and it was great.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

This is my second hot tub and I hate that I got rid of the other one. When the ThermoSpas salesman came by, I was hoping my wife would say that we like it but we don't need it. I wanted her to be the bad guy and say, "No. We can't afford that." The other one we had was only about four years old but my wife said she didn't know I didn't really want the hot tub. Also, I think she fell in love with the top that they can put on the ThermoSpas, where one person can raise the top off of the tub. That's what sold her and I also like that feature. The salesperson also had a good sales promotion. He didn't push and he did his job. I was excited about it but I didn't want to get into another $10,000 debt. We had paid off the other one and we were just enjoying the fruits of not owing anything on it.

When the guys delivered the hot tub, I had electric wiring already set there. The guy said the he was certified and he could wire it up since we had the wiring. There were only three wires you have to hook up. He went on and hooked up the three wires, and I was good to go. All I had to do was put the water in and turn it on. So both of the people we dealt with were good. ThermoSpas was originally gonna charge me $500 to haul the old one away. But I wound up selling it to my neighbor across the street.

However, I really regret that I didn't buy one with the instrumentations on the top. We've had the hot tub here for over a month and we've only been in it one time because I had a hard time reading the little panel. You've got to turn your head upside down. Then when I'm standing on the outside of it, I gotta bend my head over and look at it. The guy kept telling me some numbers. When he told me to go tell him what it said on there, he said he couldn't see those figures in my book. Then it dawned on me that I was reading it upside down. That threw me off. With the other one we had, I had it right on the top, facing the railing where I could look down. It also had a reverse switch on. If you're standing on the outside of the hot tub, you can read it normally then if you're inside the hot tub and you want to see what the settings are, you can press another button and it would reverse the lettering.

I think ThermoSpas has one other model that's almost the same size but the dial is on the top, not on the side. In fact, I think this is the only model where the dial is on the inside of the tub. With the other models, they're laying across the very top railing of it where you can read it easily whether you're on the outside or the inside of the tub. They had another model, the one next to this and if I had thought about it, I sure would have elected to get that size. I think the models get bigger and this is the small one. I had a double door especially made to get the hot tub in and out of the all-seasons room. The salesman did all the measurements and that was the reason why we couldn't pick anything bigger.

There was another problem when I was setting it the first time. When I reached out and touched the water, it was still warm but before we got it adjusted right, I raised the lid and the water was ice cold. The other hot tub I had kept the water at a certain temperature. I wondered what was wrong so a service guy came out and we played around with the gauges. After that, he said it should stay at whatever temperature I had it programmed at. Occasionally, I would raise the top and stick my hand in the water and it is still good and warm. So we've solved that problem. I know it's using more electric that way but I never know when I'm gonna get in there and I'd rather it to be warm for whatever day we decide to get in it.

But if ThermoSpas is still gonna sell this model, when they make out new ones, they should put the dial on the very top and make it a little bit bigger. It's small. You almost need a little magnifying glass to read it. The dials on the other models seem to have been bigger. That's the only improvement I would like. You do most of your program outside the tub though, and once you got the hot tub set up, you're not changing it that much. The temperature is the main thing, whether you want it to stay warm all the time or just stay warm when you are starting to switch it. It doesn't seem like it takes long to warm it up, maybe a couple of hours or so.

Another problem originally was that when I was testing the water with the little test strips, the other tub used the same kind of test strip but it was read in a different way. So I was reading the test strips wrong. I couldn't quite understand how the guy over the phone was reading it. When the second guy came out, he showed me and told me how to do it. He told me the main levels that I would wanna make sure of and then I could get in the tub. It took a little getting used to but the day we got in the tub, it felt good.

I liked the water really hot. It felt good while I was in it but when I got out, it really made me lightheaded. One time, I stayed in our first hot tub for about 40 minutes and after I got out and sat on the steps, I passed out. The next thing I knew, my wife came in there and said I was laying on the floor. Now, we have the temperature notched down a degree and we don't make it as hot. That helps for us not passing out or getting too dizzy. We also were told we shouldn't stay in it that long. Now, I also use the tub every 15 minutes. We would stand up, sit on the outside and cool off a little bit for about five minutes then we would get in there and go another 15 minutes. We're learning how to use it.

My hot tub is in an all-seasons room and I can use it all year long. But we don't get in it as much as we would like to. I especially need to get in there. I'm getting ready to have back surgery and I'm really having hell with my back. But I haven't been able to climb up the steps to get in it because it hurts so much. Sometimes, we would get in the tub twice a week but most of the time, it would be once a week. I hope that after this back surgery that I'm supposed to have, I'll be able to get in it more. I enjoy the hot tub and I like the way it looks. Other than the top on it, it looks almost like the other one we had. But I would pay the difference if I can get that other hot tub and put it in here with the read-out on the top.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

We bought our spa about a year and half ago. It started to leak when we turned jets on. We called the service department to see about someone coming to fix it. We were told they could send the parts but it would cost. They had no department near us. If you don't have a service department to take of your spas then don't sell them out of your area. We called a spa guy in our area and he told us what might be wrong. We were able to get the leak to stop. So if anyone in Nashville TN don't buy from here. Go local. At least they have a service department to help you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

When ThermoSpas' salesman came out and explained how their hot tubs were made and tested them, that won me over. Also, their people were caring and made sure I have what I needed. They were upfront about how the tub was gonna do good for me and I knew what I was expecting. I got a hot tub from them with exercise bands with it. The tub has jets that I can run, jog or walk against. However, the top did not deliver until a month later, which I wasn’t happy about, but I didn't wanna put water in it until that came. Also, the bands came two months late. Still, it is a great experience having the tub.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

ThermoSpas' Manhattan has 170 something jets and six seating, and it's spacious. We have a lot of friends who come over, and we want to be able to fit everybody. It’s a nice quality hot tub and using it has made us more relaxed.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Before I purchased it, I did a lot of research and I felt that the way it was built, it was easy to maintain and easy to repair if there were any problems in the future. Everybody that I dealt with was very helpful and set up went smoothly. Everyone was courteous. We're very satisfied and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I like ThermoSpas. I had one that lasted 21 years. It seemed to have all the pieces that we wanted and it fit the space that I had available. Nothing was really wrong with it yet, but I had my deck redone and noticed that the wood was rotting in the bottom. Plus a couple of the jets were not working fully, so I decided to splurge and buy a new one. The ThermoSpas rep came out, took a look at it and went over the features and the price. The only negative thing is that before they would drop off the spa, I had to prepay everything. And they wouldn’t accept a check. It was either a money order or a certified check, so I charged it. They must have been burned in the past by people.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. They are based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983