2. Homeowners

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

ThermoSpas has manufactured hot tubs since 1983 and focuses on delivering quality customer service. Each spa receives a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. ThermoSpas' "Customer First" approach to all its products also guarantees a 24-hour call-back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week.

ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation. Its spas are customizable to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call ThermoSpas today for a free site inspection.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

ThermoSpas has a reputation for unmatched customer service along with one of the longest extended warranties in the industry. The company might have a higher price point, but its hot tubs are high quality and customizable.

PROS

• Highly customizable
  • Great for therapy and relaxation
  • Lengthy warranty

CONS

• Limited pricing info online

Top ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

… It’s got a lot of features, like five engines, lighting and jets. And it accommodates five people. It’s nice and of good quality. It’s pretty expensive. But it makes my wife feel better. She has arthritis and stuff.

I like the quality of ThermoSpas' products and the warranty on them. We also liked how we were able to test drive their unit a couple of times. We got one of their spas with a swim assist lane and with the ability to adjust jet flows.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Get a Quote

ThermoSpas review

ThermoSpas caters to those looking for a specialty hot tub that provides therapy, rest, relaxation, community and luxury with one product. ThermoSpas equips each tub with high-quality filters, water purification, heating systems and pumps. It offers customizable hot tubs and swim spas that are simple to maintain and clean, and customers can choose between varying lighting options, jet configurations and seating capacities.

ThermoSpas hot tubs

Customers can choose from nine ThermoSpas hot tub models with varying sizes and capacities. Each hot tub has customizable features and optional upgrades.

ModelSeatsJetsCapacity
Gemini2 adults28 - 51215 gallons
Concord4 adults51 - 99411 gallons
Atlantis4 adults31 - 42365 gallons
Park Avenue5 adults42 - 118412 gallons
Chesapeake5 adults41 - 57400 gallons
Maui2 - 3 adults24 - 62300 gallons
Manhattan6 - 8 adults45 - 125430 gallons

You can tailor your hot tub experience to reflect your lifestyle and preferred use with lighting effects, shells, cabinets, energy-saving options and jet configurations.

• Lighting effects: Premium LED lighting packages include illuminated grab bars, multicolored pillow jets and underwater light options. LED lighting improves your hot tub's appearance and adds an extra safety element. You can control the color scheme and adjust the way the lights cycle from one color to the next.
  • Shells and cabinets: ThermoSpas offers eight different shell colors, including Blue Stone, Desert Stone, Copper Beach, Silver Marble, Ocean Wave, Black Opal, Frosted Pearl and Calico Marble. ThermoSpas makes its cabinets out of ThermoBoard, a material that doesn't warp or bend with extended exposure to water. The cabinets are easy to clean, durable, reversible and 100% knot-free. You can also select from four cabinet covers and add top rails to complete the design.
  • Jets: ThermoSpas' hot tubs usually have more than 70 jets, ranging from pillow, therapy and swirl jets to whirlpool, pulsating and laser jets. Customers can combine jets to create a customized experience.
  • Energy savings: ThermoSpas designs all of its models to be energy efficient and help lower your utility costs. Energy-saving features like automatic shut off and economy mode let you control how you use your hot tub.

ThermoSpa prices

ThermoSpas' prices start at around $4,000 and go up to $22,000 or more. This wide range reflects varying levels of upgrades and customization. Basic models, such as the Gemini, without any added features or updates, fall at the lower end of the pricing structure. Larger specialty models, such as the Manhattan II, are at the higher end of the pricing structure. ThermoSpas frequently discounts its hot tub prices, and the company often offers specials for free delivery and installation.

ThermoSpas covers and accessories

You can purchase ThermoSpas hot tub covers and other accessories through its online store. A few items you can order from the ThermoSpas online store include:

• ThermoSpas covers: If you want to upgrade your hot tub cover, you can buy a Thermocover or a Supercover. Both offer more durability and energy efficiency than the standard cover. Hot tub covers lock in heat, and ThermoSpas’ covers feature insulating technology to prevent the hot tub's heater from working overtime.
  • ThermoSpas cover lifters: ThermoLifts range from $349 to $399. The most advanced version, the ThermoLift 300, requires minimal effort to pull back.
  • ThermoSpas parts: If any of your hot tub's parts need to be repaired or replaced, you can find what you need in the online store. ThermoSpas' trained technicians have in-depth knowledge about all parts and services.
  • ThermoSpas chemicals: From water care and water balancing to cleaning products, test strips and sanitizers, you can find everything you need to keep your water clean and pH balanced on ThermoSpas’ online store. Sanitizers and purifiers cost between $12 and $27.
  • ThermoSpas filters: Whether you need standard white filters ($26 to $28) or filter accessories like filter cleaners ($15 to $18), it is easy to search by model type or filter number to find the filter you need.
  • ThermoSpas steps: ThermoSpas makes it easy to get in and out of the tub safely with its stylish, anti-slip steps. The two-tiered steps come in a variety of colors and cost around $289. For added security, you can have a safety rail installed for $199.

ThermoSpas FAQ

How much is a ThermoSpa?
Depending on which features you want, a ThermoSpas hot tub costs anywhere between $4,000 and $22,000. A two-person ThermoSpas tub with limited features falls on the lower end of the price range, but larger, luxury hot tub models with deluxe features cost $10,000 or more.
Does ThermoSpas offer financing?
Yes, ThermoSpas offers financing with flexible monthly payments.
Do ThermoSpas come with a warranty?
Yes, ThermoSpas come with a warranty. The company offers a 20-year warranty on its acrylic hot tub shells. Every element of the hot tubs plumbing system — including heat pumps — is included in the comprehensive 10-year prorated warranty plan. This premium warranty plan comes standard on all Designer, Aquatic and Fitness series hot tubs and spas.
What kind of maintenance to ThermoSpas require?
All hot tubs require regular maintenance to run efficiently. However, ThermoSpas innovative features and systems do much of this maintenance on their own. Regularly checking and balancing the pH level, checking sanitizer levels, cleaning filters and draining and cleaning your hot tub keeps it working at its best.
Where is ThermoSpas located?
ThermoSpas headquarters is in Wallingford, Connecticut, but it has permanent local service stations and delivery staff located around the United States.

Are ThermoSpa hot tubs worth it?

ThermoSpas combines the ability to customize hot tubs on a variety of levels with a reputation for unmatched customer service and one of the best extended warranties in the industry. ThermoSpas is an ideal choice for those looking for an upscale, luxury hot tub for their home. While ThermoSpas might be on the higher end in terms of price, most consumers agree that you get what you pay for.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tubs?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I always wanted a hot tub and it got to a point in my life when I could get it. ThermoSpas popped up on my newsfeed in Facebook because I’ve been looking at them and I researched. They seemed to be one of the better products, so I went with them. The guy who came out was good and very knowledgeable. Dealing with him was pretty easy. Then, the spa was ordered and I got it five weeks early. The guys came out and set it up. They were very nice, generous, and cleaned up after themselves. They did a good job and the delivery was smooth.

I had a panel that was delivered cracked and they got one on order for me, though I haven't received it yet. The delivery was three weeks ago and I called them to let them know that the box for the lift and the handrail came in. So, they had to reschedule and send another person out to do that. He's scheduled for the 19th. It would’ve been preferable that they had the lift cover arrive with the hot tub, but other than that, it's been a good experience. I like the hot and warm circulating the water, which is relaxing. They also have a lounge on it that has a setting on it where water goes down your body, down to your buttocks, then down to the legs, and comes back. That's a nice feature. I like the light features, too as well as the easy access on the touchscreen.

Get buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

We were putting a patio together in our backyard and we had a pool there. I thought a hot tub would be nice, so we looked around. We saw some online and we filled out a survey. And next thing I knew, a ThermoSpas rep were at my house and we started discussing hot tubs. He was really good and knowledgeable. He was the owner of that hot tub and he was at our house for three hours. He didn’t really sell it, he just told us why he has one and we liked the concept of ThermoSpas. We purchased one and it's called the Manhattan II. It’s a thermo type of hot tub and ThermoSpas made it for relaxation, but more for therapy and muscle rejuvenation. It’s got 94 jets and 5 pumps. It's an amazing hot tub and it makes you feel really good.

I also spoke to a few reps about delivery. It was held up because of the stairs but that’s just the kind of climate we're in right now. Because of the situation with COVID, people were really putting a lot of money in their backyards, so the supply on hot tubs wasn't great. We ordered in late April and we received it in September. But ThermoSpas was good. They got back to me and we discussed it. The delivery team was amazing as well

Original review: May 7, 2020

The sales person was knowledgeable and had ample information for us, brochures, videos and pictures- and in depth knowledge of specific things that were important to us like filtration options, maintenance etc.... The company was very patient with us as we readied the spot for the tub and it was delivered by professionals when we were ready. We got all the information we needed to maintain water quality and take care of our investment. And the product itself is awesome. Rock solid, everything works great, you can really tell the quality. It doesn’t use blown-in insulation, it uses thermal barriers Instead so if we ever did need or want to get ‘under the hood’ it is simple and easy to do.

We got the ozone filtration package which reduces the amount of chemicals needed. We use it every day, on weekends even twice a day- and my skin has never felt better. Because we use it so often I got a Taylor Spa test kit- it’s very precise and worth the cost. My skin glows and feels like velvet which is quite a feat in your 60’s! My joints feel better, my skin feels better (even the heels of my feet of all things!) and it’s effortless to go to sleep at night after being in the spa. It was delivered in early March, and I’m so glad we got it when we did, it makes quarantine a much better experience! We never splurge like this but I’m so glad we did it this time. No regrets!

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was struck by the quality of ThermoSpas. I liked what I saw online and then their salesman did a good job describing the tub to me, which sold me. But I had one misunderstanding with him. He had mentioned a thank you gift given to me as a gift certificate from a restaurant. Because he called me with a question, I later found out that he was talking about if I referred somebody and I didn't catch that part. Also, I got a good discount for a tiny little scuff mark on it, which doesn't interfere with what it does. That helped a lot.

The installation went very well, but there was a funny part to it. I was told that I might get some of the things ahead of time in the mail and to leave it there. They'll put it together. I got this box that I didn't even open until the day. It was a towel rack. However, I didn't remember being told anything about a towel rack, but I thought that it made sense. I asked the installer to put it together and he did. But I was wondered why he looked at the directions. Later that night, my sister called me and asked how I liked the towel rack she sent me. I'm liking the ThermoSpas very much. I liked that there are so many jets and that you lie down in it instead of sitting down. It gets everywhere on your body.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I got a bunch of estimates and then went with what I think was the best. The saleslady was so professional. I was researching her and the things she was saying as she was talking to my wife. They were very personable and they’re the ones I would refer somebody who’s shopping for a hot tub. I’d take my experience and try to share with other people.

This is our first hot tub ever and we’ve only had the opportunity to sit on it about four times. Our weather has been terrible. The size is just right for my wife and I. The jets and the lounge seemed to be stronger. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2004, and I’ve always got a constant pain in my muscles in my legs and neuropathy, part of Parkinson’s, and this is the first time since 2005 that I have been without pain. It’s not the cheapest hot tub but the professionalism that we’ve received from the salesperson makes up for that. Since we’ve gotten our hot tub, I’ve checked other places. In fact, we have a hot tub place, Caribbean Hot Tub & Pools, just right around the corner from our house. I went in there and theirs was a little bit higher for a hot tub with basic features. The outside of their hot tub, which was more like a thin vinyl siding wasn’t as sturdy as our Thermospas.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

When the salesman came to explain everything, we decided to go for the hot tub then. He was real good. He went to a lot of detail with it and we were impressed with everything. I enjoy being in the tub, relaxing-wise. I had the service technician come out Monday and we put the lifter on there. Got that done, even though we had to do it in the pouring rain.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

My husband and I worked with our ThermoSpas sales rep, Tim **, and had a wonderful experience with him. He was polite, accommodating to our needs, and professional in all forms of communication. Tim sold us the Chesapeake Genesis 400 spa and it was our dream come true. This spa has turned our backyard into our own personal therapeutic resort. After a long day at work and juggling the kids’ after curricular activities, our Thermospa is the best form of relaxation to soak away the stress. It also has brought us together as a family by increasing our communication amongst one another. Zero technology in the water allows for more face to face time. By far, this was the best investment we made!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I purchased Hot tub through a sales person. Had it over 13 years. When you need parts now you can't get everything you need. They were bought out by another company. They don't have a repair service. You have to find your own.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response
    Mr. Bellucci,
    We apologize for the inconvenience as we are currently experiencing delays on specific parts due to Covid. If you should need assistance with setting up a service call with a local technician, please reach out to our Service Department at 1-800-833-7727.
    Best Regards,
    Casey

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I received my spa on August 14, 2020. The spa looked beautiful, however, the first thing I noticed was the jets didn't work properly even after adjusting them. Also the spa starting leaking! Also, my spa cover is filled with water!! I purchased the spa mainly for therapy and to relieve stress!! Receiving a defective product with poor craftsmanship has added stress! I'm still waiting for service since September 15th and today is the 27th! I have only been able to use the spa 3 times since I received it one month ago because the spa is leaking a substantial amount of water. I didn't receive the new spa I was sold and I want a refund!

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Our records indicate a technician was able to service your tub as of the 28th. If you should need any further assistance at this time, please feel free to contact our Service Department at 1-800-833-7727.

Best Regards,

ThermoSpas Customer Experience Support

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

The Hot Tubs are modern, fits in well in any home, and are top quality. Hot Tubs are very useful in the medical field. Breaks down body fat, muscle tension, and stress. You must keep them maintained and I do suggest a warranty. The Hot Tubs are slightly overpriced but like car buying, you can bring your cost down. Look for coupon deals online and at big merchant events like County Fairs. They are there and you can receive a better cost package deal.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
    1983