toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's nice to come home after a long day and relax in my hot tub. It takes the stress of the day right away and is a great way to spend some quality time with my husband. My daughter likes hanging out with her friends in it. It seats 6 people so we always have someone hanging out in it! It's easy to maintain, easy to keep clean and doesn't make my electric bill skyrocket. Since it is outside, it's even better to go out in the winter and just relax with snowflakes falling all around you! A must have for anyone with busy hectic schedules!

I love knowing that after a long day at work I can come home, pour myself a glass or two of wine and spend some me time in my hot tub. My favorite music playing, shut my phone off, it's so calming and peaceful. Nothing more relaxing.

I purchased a ThermoSpas and while the initial experience with the product was good, I quickly found out that the company did not have any local service technicians and getting any repairs (which were plenty) were nearly impossible. So the hot tub has sat empty and useless in my backyard for the past couple of years. My advice...buy from a local dealer who services their product.

A little delinquent in writing my review, I apologize for that. What can I say about our Aquacisor other than we "LOVE IT". From our first experience with our salesperson Joe, the delivery people, to when having a minor issue dealing with Zach in Customer Service all have been positive. My only disappointment was that I couldn't fit a full swim spa in the space that works. We use ours almost every day. We have not yet worked out a full exercise regimen but do what we can. There have been some days that just a Aroma Therapy session is warranted and having the depth which I couldn't find in any other makes it totally a relaxing experience.

As for customer service, Zach has an astounding amount of knowledge regarding any issues that I may have encountered. I did have a malfunctioning LED light which he was able to diagnose over the phone but had to send a technician out to do the necessary replacement almost immediately (couple days) which was fine. As having previously owning a Hot Tub we found that the overuse of chemicals to be a detriment to health, NO such thing with our new Thermospas and our Thermoclear system. It is important to note we have our Aquacisor enclosed in our garage/dayroom and there is very little to no caustic fumes. As you can tell we are VERY PLEASED with our Thermospas Aquacisor and all experienced contact with their staff.

We purchased our ThermoSpas about 2 years ago. The sales rep was very high pressure and won't return our calls since he has his commission. The person that delivered the tub hit one of our fence posts and never let us know. We have tried to contact ThermoSpas with chemical problems and no one returned our calls or helped us. We now have issues with the tub running correctly and have an expensive tub in our backyard that can't be used. Very disappointed in our experience, Thermospas product and customer service. Wish I had a better opinion of this company but I would not recommend anyone using them or their product.

The sales rep from ThermoSpas was amazing. He explained a lot of stuff and showed the different qualities that the ThermoSpas had that other spas didn’t have in the thickness and durability. These qualities were what made us go with them. The hot tub definitely makes us a lot more relaxed. It's great and I feel good for an hour or two afterwards. I had no problems through any of it. The setup crew was awesome and they walked us step-by-step through everything.

ThermoSpas seemed to offer a little bit more for the price. The guy who came to talk to us about the spas really sold us a spa and he was pretty good at it. I got hurt at work over four years ago and ThermoSpas is the best thing. It also makes me sleep better. It has really helped me a bunch more than anything because I did 45 physical therapies, but none of them had anything to do with any water. I recommend ThermoSpas to anybody. It’s helped us so we can take care of my mom who has dementia and Alzheimer’s. We got it down the building, close to our house so we go down there individually. The kids and grandkids like the ThermoSpas too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

My friends had a ThermoSpas tub and it was a great product. ThermoSpas is a Connecticut company and they're tied up now with Jacuzzi, and that was all it took for me to purchase one. The delivery team was outstanding. There were three of them and they knew what they were doing. I got confused and they explained everything. I was looking for the filters to rinse them out and I couldn’t find them, so I called ThermoSpas and they told me, “Just lift up the basket, take the cover off there and lift out the basket and it’s right under there.” Everybody’s been real good and we're out in the tub almost every night. The one thing I’m always concerned with is the stairs are too short, but otherwise, I've already recommended ThermoSpas.

The ThermoSpas website, as well as the gentleman that came out, were very good. He came out and allowed us to pinpoint the exact type of spa that was going to be both financially sound and what we were looking for. Reading through a lot of their reviews, I’m pretty happy with it. They seemed very professional and the ease of ordering was efficient as well. The tub is nice and relaxing.

My wife has a lot of rheumatoid and swellings, so we wanted something to help her with her pain. We got to look into different companies and decided to go with ThermoSpas because of the cost and the way their tub is built. Also, we were thinking about her illnesses. The salesman that came out used the Concord model for the same reason, he suggested certain jets, and that's the way we went with the Concord model.

With ThermoSpas, we had an overall great experience. The guys that installed the tub did a great job, were very competent and professional. The ThermoSpas team called me, asked me how I was going on treating the water and if I was having any issues. One of the pillows on the Concord had come loose, I could just touch it and it would fall off, so they're sending me a new pillow. One of their members has been really good about following up and taking care of us. ThermoSpas works great, and we love it. It's helped my wife's life tremendously and takes care of a lot of her pain for a while. She gets in it every morning, and it gives her a good start for the day.

We previously had a hot tub that was a different brand but it was broken so it was time to get a new one. The rep from ThermoSpas came out and did his presentation. He convinced us that it would be a better quality. The Atlantis model fit in the space that we had for a spa and it can sit the right number of people. My kids enjoy our hot tub and my husband uses it a lot for his aches and pains, so he is more comfortable. We’re really happy with the tub and it seems like an excellent product but we did run into a minor snafus with scheduling with the person that was in our area to deliver. It ended up delaying the delivery a little bit more than we thought it would. He wasn’t super great at communicating with us about it.

ThermoSpas salesman Stan came out and explained about the hot tub. He was awesome and I got the Chesapeake model. The tub is not filled with Styrofoam in the inside so if something goes wrong with it because of leaking, the problem can easily be found. The other ones are filled in with hard Styrofoam inside so if I have to get anything fixed, all that Styrofoam has to be cut to get into it. It'll be a lot easier having the said model, plus it has a 10-year warranty. It also got a special heater and it never rusts.

I've had the hot tub for a couple of weeks now but I just got it inspected today and they gave us the okay. They came down to sign it off. I turned it on last Sunday but I ran into problems with how to set it up and turn it on even though I had the right power and everything else. I called Stan and he returned the call right away even though it was a Sunday. That's unusual, but I was very happy. I found out that the water had to be to a certain temperature before the pumps kick in. I didn’t know that and we were always wondering. It would have been nice if somebody came up and explained to us how to work the tub because I'm still gonna have to learn on my own. I'm still even trying to figure out the pH balance on the water today, Thursday.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with the tub right now even though I haven't used it yet. I got to get a hold of Stan again because one of the corners is broken and I need to have somebody come down and get it fixed. Other than that, everything is running fine so far. So, as long as I can keep it and when I start using everything else and somebody’s looking, then I would recommend one of the ThermoSpas than any of the other ones because it’d be easy maintenance.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Hello Ms. Hindman, I'm glad we were able to work out the issues you were having with your hot tub chemicals. Please feel free to contact our Technical Service team if you need additional assistance at 1-800-833-7727. Very best, Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

We were talking about getting a hot tub for years and then the sales rep of ThermoSpas came and started talking about it. We weren’t fully on board before and his sales pitch was really good. It was a little expensive, but we took the sales pitch. We got the Park Avenue model and I like the size of it for our family. The guy who dropped it off was fine until I asked him to help me with the chemicals. I’ve never had a spa before, so I didn’t know how to use them. I thought it would be helpful to have someone else to guide me. It was a little bit disturbing for us as new customers spending this kind of money on something and not really getting guidance that way. I tried to call the 1-800 number numerous times and I was on hold for 25 minutes and that was very upsetting. I didn’t feel supported. I'm really happy with the spa however I would like them to answer the phone when the customers call.

I got a ThermoSpa Concord model since they were having a deal on it. I had multiple phone calls with the installation group and out of cases of the build progress. I had no issues, especially with the installation group. They explained everything they were going to do and set up the appointment. It's nice to have the tub for relaxation. My son and I enjoy it. Our experience has been very good.

My installer was awesome for the amount of work he did. He laid it out the way I wanted it to be laid out and I helped him. We had it done relatively quick and easy and he helped me the way I had the wiring run up to the bottom. He drilled a hole out and did things that he didn’t have to do. I had a jet missing and when he brought it, he broke a piece of the rim and he wrote it down on the receipt that I signed and sent it to them. I'm still waiting on that. Overall I've had a tub for 30 years so it hasn’t changed much, but I'm happier that I got more jets and more pressure from my ThermoSpas tub.

We were looking for a tub and a friend mine had ThermoSpas. He recommended it and said that they were the best around so I looked. I also noticed they were in the high end with their prices. I could have went a lot cheaper but I figured to get something that somebody I know is satisfied with. I had also seen my friend's tub and it seemed pretty good. Additionally, I considered the fact that it's not sold in stores. It's directly from the manufacturer to the warehouse to my house so I'm eliminating the middle man. The people who came in for the delivery were three men and a woman. The woman explained to me all the features and the men were helpful, too. While the woman was showing me the controls and everything, the men were showing me about the cover, the stairs, etc. They did their best.

I've only gotten to use the tub a few times but I'm very satisfied with it. It's pretty comfortable. It's a nice asset and I'm hoping to get a lot more use of it in the spring time. The only problem I had was I did call one time but their customer service is only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. They delivered it on a Friday afternoon and it was later on in the day that they told me to call back Monday.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Hello, Mr. Roberson. I have confirmed with our service department that your hot tub has been serviced and that all of your questions have been answered. Thank you for the opportunity to make things right and please do not hesitate to contact us if you are in need of further assistance. Very best, Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

After 2 yrs of experience with a ThermoSpa hot tub, a review and "food for thought" for potential buyers is in order. Being a former hot tub owner, I've had enough experience to offer a few insights and WARNINGS. I bought this relatively expensive tub because it offers a jet system designed to relieve RA symptoms... and it does. However, potential buyers should consider that unlike buying a spa locally where you basically get a turn key job and local service, with Thermospa it is delivered, rolled off a trailer, and it is yours.

Being a contractor, I had the equipment and resources to make it happen... not all people do. BUT, the biggest consideration is service. On Oct. 17 I called related to a leak (the second one since owning). After 7 weeks of phone calls and total frustration, on Dec 1 it is fixed... I think? ThermoSpa tubs are expensive and the jet feature for RA is great. But if you are not equipped to physically move and the resources to install, you might want to reconsider. But most importantly, you must have much more patience than I do when it comes to service. Clearly the technician was capable and tried when I was able to get him here. But the real problem was ThermoSpas' CS department that was totally unresponsive and absolutely had no follow up or concern as to problem resolution. Would NEVER put myself in this position again by buying ThermoSpa.

I liked that the ThermoSpas hot tub is constructed inside without the foam so it’s easily repaired in case it needs to. The Gemini model fit my space that I have allotted for it and I also liked the pricing of it. The rep who came out to do the estimate was very helpful and knowledgeable. The delivery guys were also very extremely helpful and were early. I was very impressed with both. By the time I got home, everything was ready to be brought in. They explained everything about the chemicals and whatnot though I still have to do the extra reading. I also needed assistance taking the door off the hinges and they were more than helpful to do that for me. I was happy.

However, I wished getting the electrician and having it wired was part of the package because that’s my delay right now. I’m still shopping around for one. I've sat in it, but just daydreaming of being able to have the water in it and everything all ready. It sucks that it’s not "plug and play”. Other than that, it's an awesome experience.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Mrs. Luchs, It has been just over a month since our team was out to replace and install a new cover on your hot tub. Before I close your ticket I'd like to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the resolution we provided. If you need any further assistance please contact our Technical Service team at 1-800-833-7727 or you can reply to me directly here. Thank you for the opportunity to make things right for you! Regards, Elle, ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

ThermoSpas had good reviews online and everything seemed to be fine. The salesperson came out and they're the only ones that make an Aquacisor without going to a swim spa. Then there was a production delay. We were okay with that because we're gonna put our house on the market and we spoke with them about it. ThermoSpas called to say that the spa was in Portland. We told them to have it delivered. However, the delivery person never returned our phone call. Finally, I got hold of Adrian and after two calls to him, the delivery guy got back to us. He was supposed to come out and look at our site. It took a month and a half before we could get the delivery date confirmed. We also had ordered the cover special way but it's not correct. They told us we would get it within 10 to 12 days and it's now almost a month that we have not heard a word on it.

When there were problems with the delivery person to make amend, Adrian sent us six months’ worth of chemicals which was very nice. We were very appreciative of it. But everything is falling apart again since delivery because we have a very expensive Aquacisor sitting on the patio that we can't use. It was a very bad communication for them and we're very disappointed. At this point, if it wasn't for what the contract term said, I would tell them to take it and give us our money back. But that's not an option. I'm in the process of composing a letter to send to him because it seems like telephone doesn't do well. One time the glitch was with us. But I called and thought we had corrected that. The delivery person just kept stalling. It looks like it's a very fine product. But when you can't use it, it's not so great. We're very unhappy with them.

I've been using ThermoSpas since September and I totally enjoy it. It's what I wanted when I got it. I had another tub before but it was worn out, so it had to go, and I had to have another one because I have multiple sclerosis. I really like ThermoSpas better because it has a lot more jets and it's a lot easier to control. ThermoSpas had a guy come out and to check it out. He told me where to put the tub and he checked with me a couple of times. He was really smart. He answered my questions and knew what he was talking about.

I did some research on the internet and talked to representatives from a couple of different companies and ended up buying from ThermoSpas. I looked at their warranty and the way it was designed to put together, and that’s what made me decide to go with them. I sleep better at night because I use the hot tub before I go to bed. It is very relaxing at night.

I've had ThermoSpas for a month now and I'm more relaxed when I use it. I had used an in-the-ground spa at my other house for about 10 years which is therapeutic for my neck, shoulder, and lower back issues. The areas of concentration were adjustable, but there were spots that it cannot reach so I had to crawl underwater to get to it. But now, there's plenty of it to make that happen with my new hot tub.

I've had hot tubs for 25 years but when I was able to afford it, I got the top-of-the-line one from ThermoSpas two months ago. It’s a superior product and a pleasure to own it. The installation was very professional and it's been generally a good experience.

Christine, the ThermoSpas Hot Tubs salesperson who came to the house, was very nice and confident. We enjoyed her. She even contacted us several times to see how things were going. We had to install something even before we started work on it, which was done timely and very nicely. We just got the tub and the electrician isn't even finished with it yet.

I feel more relaxed with my ThermoSpas hot tub. It's all good. The sales guy who came out to the house was able to answer all my questions and any concerns I had like making sure the spa I had picked out would fit where I wanted it to.

ThermoSpas have the best spa ever and I use it every day. I like that I can just sit in it. We had a few concerns, though. The control for the lounge doesn't have a light. When it's dark, we don't see where to press and we have to have a flashlight. Other controls should have light as well. At some point we also had a lot of this white rubber coming out. Most of it was found on the lounge side and it's really hard to remove despite having bought two sponge and a cleaner. It also comes right back. On the same side where we found that, some of the jets were blocked. We removed the jets and there was a big silicone coming out of the spa. We were concerned about where the silicone came from and if there was going to be a risk later on that some pieces would come apart. But we love the spa and the fact that we can adjust everything differently depending on how we feel. We can share it with another person too and that person can do her own thing.

I did some investigation with local spa companies since I figured I wouldn’t have any problem getting service locally. We had gotten prices from them concerning some of their stuff without going to the showroom to see if it fits our budget. On the contrary, ThermoSpas wouldn’t give us anything over the phone. They insisted on a guy coming out to our house, which was fine. After the sales rep came out and showed us the different levels that we could purchase, in doing research on the computer, I found out that the Park Avenue was the most popular model. We wanted something above average and we're looking for something that is three-quarters way up the scale as far as its accessories and amenities, so we went with that.

We ended up spending almost twice as much as we intended to spend. It wasted my budget, which was the downside. The upside is that the warranty that comes with it is something that nobody else in the industry has, and the warranty is worth our peace of mind knowing that for the next 10 years, I've got coverage on my spa. It covered the difference.

Once the spa was delivered, it was set up. The delivery guys told us certain things about it. They didn’t rush anything. They came out here and did a good job. We went through a delivery checklist. We filled it up with water, did the preliminaries, tested the water, put the proper chemicals in and got that established, and then, we're good to go. It works well. We had families visiting from Texas and one of them was my daughter who owns several Jacuzzi type systems in her house in South Padre Island. In fact, I don’t think she uses her own spa that often, but she’s been in ours every day since she’s been here.

I watched ThermoSpas on a commercial. We received our hot tub in July and had trouble with it ever since. Our fuse blew and it took about three weeks to get somebody to come fix it. I don't want the tub - it's not at all what I expected and there's been a headache ever since we bought it.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Jim, I am sorry you had such a poor experience with our customer service. We do our best to deliver the best service possible and apologize if we did not live up to our promise. If you would please contact us at 1-800-833-7727 with more details about your issues we can address your specific needs in a timely and efficient manner. Thank you. ~Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I purchased a ThermoSpas about 25 years ago when they were sold by local individual spa stores. The individual stores were responsible for warranty service and any other assistance you may need. The spa I had lasted a long time. NOW, they are based solely out of New England. They say that their headquarter are based in the U.S.A. That is true. That is all that is true. The Hot Tubs are seriously overpriced, cheaply made, and customer service is almost non-existent once you've laid your money down. Don't believe me. Search Complaints ThermoSpas and you'll see. Choose another manufacturer.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Brenda, Thank you for reaching out. I’m sure when the time comes you will be the one to make the decision. But, that’s not what this appointment is about. This appointment is designed to allow you to create the Hot Tub that’s right for you and your budget. Let me assure you that discussing this with both of you together will actually use much less of your time by answering all of your questions in a single visit. A site visit takes approximately 60-90 minutes. Inspecting your site (or sites) and determining your best options base on your specific property takes approximately 20-30 minutes. Then, we'll take 20-30 minutes to look over pictures and videos of your options and answer your initial questions. Finally, we will take measurements, calculate an exact price and deliver it in writing before we leave. We respect your time and we're not going to waste it! Is there any chance you would be willing to let us visit and show you how great the experience can be? ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I am extremely disappointed that the customer service rep cancelled my design appointment because my husband couldn't be there. I clearly articulated that he does not want to be there and that we have very conflicting schedules, we both work. I am totally capable of making all of the decisions as to what I want in a hot tub, especially since I am the one that wants this, not him. I am also financially independent, I could pay cash myself or qualify for a loan with my own credit if I chose to pay with credit. ThermoSpas is doing a huge injustice to the company to insist on such qualifications for a consultation. You are forcing people to take their business elsewhere without even hearing about your product. You really should reconsider this policy to avoid losing future business.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs

Thank you for letting us know about your sales experience, Marcin. The service you received is by no means up to our standards and I apologize if our technician was unprofessional. I have alerted our Sales Manager to your feedback. If you would like to speak to him directly please call 1-800-876-0158 and provide your name as a reference. ~ Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: July 1, 2016

I have scheduled an appointment for a sales/tech rep to come out to our home to discuss the right hot tub for us and provide us with pricing. Unfortunately the next available appointment wasn't available until July 2, 2016 (made the appointment 3 weeks prior). 1 day before the appointment I received a text message to call them (they should be calling me to confirm the appointment not the other way around). I called and confirmed that I, my father and my mother will all be present at the time of the appointment at our home. Sales rep (Kelly) canceled my appointment claiming she needs the owners to approve. I provided the owners (my mom and dad) contact information but the sales rep still canceled my appointment.

Shortly the sales rep texted me again saying appointment is canceled but instead they can have a technician work with me over the phone or she can schedule a new appointment for a different time. Decided to move on from this experience and not deal with the company. Imagine if I actually purchase a hot tub from them and had any issues, would have been a nightmare!

We've had ThermoSpas for three to four months now and the tub has improved our outdoor living space. Also, our aches and pains have been better.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Profile

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983