Call toll free
Call toll free
4.13/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

At ThermoSpas, we take our reputation seriously. Manufacturing spas since 1983, we focus on delivering quality customer service by requiring each one of our spas to receive a 100% inspection checklist score before it reaches your home. Our "Customer First" approach to all our products also guarantees a 24-hour call back commitment and a promise to handle any service issue in less than a week. ThermoSpas is currently the only manufacturer to receive the Ease-of-Use Commendation from the National Arthritis Foundation, and our spas can be customized to cater to your physical needs as well as your budget. Call us today for a free site inspection!

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

259 ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The Aquacisor was exactly what I was looking for, it's something deep enough to do water exercises. My husband and I both have disabilities, and exercising in water is a much better option for us. It’s more accessible than the gym membership that I paid and not gone to for the water aerobics. I like the exercise kit that we got with it and the two seats with the jets helped after the exercises. So, it's a really good fit for us.

ThermoSpas is responsive and accessible. They had somebody immediately here in Washington to come out and do a site consultation. I was in contact with another company, but they were back east and they had people to look for a site visit but everything was online and it wasn't as connectible as the ThermoSpas representative that came out and covers the full Washington, Oregon, California response areas. The spa itself was great. We haven't had problems with it in the appearance, and its performance is really good. It was overall a really, really good experience.

Get expert buying tips about Hot Tubs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My husband and I have been in the workforce for a lot of years and we would like to have a place to go out and enjoy each other and just chill out. From the first time I've seen it advertised years ago, I wanted a ThermoSpas spa. I like the way they are built. I love the easy access with all of the stuffing down there, like the rotors and everything else within. It's easier with the panel removal and replacement of parts than the other ones. The salesman I worked with was so nice and very understanding. The night he came, I explained that I wasn't gonna buy the spa right away, even though I was gonna purchase one. I wanted to know everything about it. After seeing how far he came in, and hang around long enough to make me aware of everything about that spa, I went in through with it. Besides, the cost is feasible. I just try to keep it where I could handle those payments and not outdo myself. And the quality is nice.

We've had it for two weeks now and almost every night, I've been in it. Other than that, I had to call customer service when the lift never showed up, in which they said that they sent it but they did not. It went somewhere else. But then, ThermoSpas immediately sent another one out. So far, we're happy with the spa. We get in there for relaxation as we're learning to relax a little bit. I would recommend ThermoSpas.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I wanted to get a tub. I did some research and liked what ThermoSpas Hot Tubs has to offer, which was better than some of the other providers. Their team was great, especially the guy that came in here from whom I bought the tub from. He was fantastic and very knowledgeable. He explained everything to me. Thereafter, I got the Park Avenue model as I liked the way it looked. Also, I thought that it would suit my needs.

Since getting it, I've been happy with the tub. It's very well-made and I was really impressed with its features. The neck massager is really good. However, I would have liked it if the lounge chair also had a neck massager. Still, I'm okay with what I have. I use the tub every day and it relaxes me. I've been a police officer for 31 years and carrying a gun, a baton, and all those equipment hurt my back and affected my knees. I've noticed that since using the tub, both my back and knees don't hurt as much. I'm very happy that I chose ThermoSpas. I had a great experience with them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The Park Avenue by ThermoSpas seemed to fit our family needs the best. I’ve been doing research for about the last six months and the options of the ThermoSpas tub met all the checkbox on everything. Also, it stood out from everybody else when I looked at the quality and the warranties. The Park Avenue has the lounger and my daughter is handicapped so that was appealing. It also has the therapeutic part that we like and the rest of the options were more of preference. It’s so far lived up to everything that they said it was. Except for a little bit of an issue with the cover that will be surely be resolved after I call a tech, the tub is quality built. Overall, we are now more relaxed and have better sleep as well as less aches.

The sales rep who came out to the house when I called and asked about ThermoSpas was a new one but very knowledgeable and professional. He hasn't been with the company for more than six months but he really presented all the information thoroughly and easy to understand. We liked him personally. Then, the group that came out and installed the tub was very professional. I was very well pleased with them. They were there when they said they were gonna be there and came in quick to get it done. They also answered every question that we had about the tub. ThermoSpas is a well-rounded company and one can tell that it’s well managed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

ThermoSpas lost a customer today. They do not provide any opportunity to see or try one of their spas. They do not have any stores. I do not see how they can sell any or stay in business. I would never buy a spa without at least looking at one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

High pressure sales pitch. I feel it was all an elaborate scene that the salesman played out. Not sure if a single word he said was truth. Called for a discount model that just happened to be exactly the model/color I was just looking at. And I said top dollar was $8,000. This one was $7,995! What a coincidence... Then was told it's a 1 time offer and I'll lose it unless I sign right now today. No time to research the product, or an electrician to do the actual installation, just sign, sign, sign!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I started doing research for a spa several months ago and I came across ThermoSpas through ConsumerAffairs. I liked that their Aquacisor model is more of a hybrid. It allows you to exercise in it and it still has the spa where you can relax. So, I decided to buy it. It is a deeper spa and it has the swim spa jets on it, so it allows you to walk or jog in there. Then it has connectors and you have resistance bands, so it allows you to do upper body exercises using resistance bands. But it is less of a relaxation spa. Most spas have loungers and this does not have one. It has a more of a soak, but I knew that going into it, so I couldn't say that it was any false advertising.

Also, everything about the the control panels is underneath the cover, so there is no way to tell if the spa is actually running or the temperature or any of it unless you go out there and look at it or listen to it. Most people have their spa outside and I told ThermoSpas that I'd like to have a feature that allowed some type of an indicator to tell me if the spa is running or what the temperature is. And they said their newer one is gonna come with a remote monitoring and it is gonna be Wi-F ready. But this one does not have that and that is a feature that I would like to see.

Other than that, my contact with their sales team was very good. They made the appointment and they were on time for that. They came out, explained the features and benefits, and I sat down and reviewed that with them. But the length of time to get the spa was really disappointing. It took nine weeks to get it, though they told me about that in the beginning. Everything was kind of built, so they didn’t have any prebuilt products that they could put in together. But a reasonable timeframe would be within two to three weeks, not two and half months. And the product was all built here and coming from Continental US. It was not like it was coming from overseas that had to come across on a barge.

Then, their startup manual did not identify clearly the level of the water and not until a week later did I get the documentation on the water level, so I overfilled the spa and in return, it caused the spa to be kicking out. When the service team came out a week later, they identified that the water level was the issue and they drained it out some. But that should be part of the documentation of the spa and it wasn’t clearly identified there or the manual failed to clearly recommend the water height. It said to fill the spa halfway up the filter and that was not clear to me. Apparently, what they meant was actually halfway up the skimmer filter, which is a type of a skimmer. It was also kind of unique to this situation because this is still a fairly new spa for them and they haven't sold too many of this yet.

Then, the manual says you can work all your major muscle groups with the spa but they didn’t have an exercise routine to give me. So it is an exercise spa and they don’t provide you with an exercise routine. Whenever you buy a piece of fitness equipment, you get that from the company that provides the piece of equipment. But overall, I am very happy with the spa and with ThermoSpas' customer service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

From looking at ThermoSpas' product, we know that they put a lot of time, energy and effort into the designs. Also, the product had a good warranty. We had one person to come out and got ahold of and he was a good salesman. He told me he wanted to talk to me after the hot tub was delivered and set up, and he wanted to come and take pictures. I called him twice but there was no response, so I haven't heard from him. I also had questions about chemicals since I've never owned a hot tub. It's a lot of work. I have to go to a pool supply place to get water tested, and it's a pain in the butt, but at the same time, it's a good thing. You just got to keep up on it.

I'm having problems getting the filter out, but I don’t know who to call. The instruction manuals state that it comes right out, but I've been trying for about two weeks now and I can't get this thing out. But as far as the hot tub's jets and the temperature, it's pretty nice. We like it. I mainly got the hot tub for arthritis, and it doesn't get rid of it but the hot water helps.

Hi Charles,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your hot tub and can point you in the right direction for help with the filter. The fastest way to get help at a time that is convenient for you is to call our Technical Support and Service Team at 1-800-833-7727. Their hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am - 6:00pm EST, and Saturdays from 8:00am to 1:00pm (EST). If you would like me to have a technician call you, please reply and we'll set up a time on our end. Thank you! Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I’m very happy with ThermoSpas. I bought a Concord and I liked its price. Also, the quality’s good. It has a lot of jets and is good for therapy because I have arthritis. When I go inside, I have pain. And when I get out, I don’t have too much pain. I can move better, too. The spa helps.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I like the parts or the spots where the Park Avenue works on the body. I also like the air bubbles feature, so I bought it from ThermoSpas. But I haven’t really been able to use it that much because the pipe popped and all the water came out from underneath the hot tub. When that happened, I opened the outside shelf and I found that whoever did the cutting and connected everything piping together didn't glue the main piping properly. And the people that are to fix it took forever but apparently, all they have to do to fix the tub is unscrew and open the outside shelf then everything is there for them to work on, which is very nice. I finally got a call from them today, after a week and a half of and two calls of telling them that it quit working on me. It also took them three times to get a hold of their techs and it is gonna take until the 2nd for them to come out and fix it.

Other than that, the quality of the hot tub is wonderful. For the few days that I was using it, it was awesome. And it didn’t take that much for me to get the right chemical level. It was easy. You can see the numbers and make sure there are two parts of this and two parts of that. Plus the filtration system is good. Overall, it is a very good hot tub.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We’ve been looking into ThermoSpas since we built our house four years ago and we've been contacting them off and on. Their products had accessibility to components and insulation, which were the two main things we were looking for in a spa. When it was a good time to make a move, we made them come out to the house back with us. We told them we were looking for a two-person spa and we ended up with the Atlantis. We have it on one of our three patios which is off the basement and it fits nicely there.

When we bought the spa, the sales rep was extremely helpful but he didn’t talk about anything other than upgrading us from a silver to a gold. I wish I had followed through with him. It was like a used car sale and it became a little bit of a hard sell. So I wish I had taken a little bit more time and looked a little more in depth into the deal because I didn’t know if there was anything above the gold.

Also, I would have preferred more jets and a headrest. When we went to someplace like Pool City, every single one of their spas had a headrest and our Altantis doesn’t have one. That is a little disturbing. You just lean back against the plastic on it and it would have been nice to have a headrest mounted in there. We know they have a man that works at Pool City and he said that we should have come to him first. And every one of the ones he showed us that were comparable in price and style had a nice soft headrest. Some of them even had sound systems, which would have been nice also. So I am very frustrated about that.

But other than that, I am satisfied and the spa is everything that we were hoping for. It is extremely relaxing and you feel great when you come out of there. I have an old student who recently told me that I look healthier, but I’m not doing anything differently and I’m wondering if it has something to do with sitting in the hot tub for 30 minutes, four days a week. It gets the blood flowing. I have also recommended ThermoSpas to a number of people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My wife and I decided to pick up the model that was part hot tub, part therapy exerciser. While our initial experience with the sales rep was positive, things quickly went downhill from there. Weeks after we were to get the exercise accessory package, we started to call the company to check on the status. The people answering the calls had no ability to check on anything concerning our order and instead replied that 'someone would call you as soon as possible". More weeks and five phone calls later, the package showed up.

Now we come to the really frustrating part. In order to schedule our electrician to hook up the tub, we needed a solid delivery date range. We were told that would be provided a few weeks out from delivery, but that time went by with no word. More weeks and more phone calls, no reply, no answers, just a runaround. We had, by this time, dropped five grand on a new concrete patio to land it on and two grand for the electrical system. Then the kicker. We received a phone call from ThermoSpas about our delivery.

We were told about a mysterious 'fire' at a warehouse that just happened to hold our models dies. The CSR that called wanted to talk to both my wife and I, so scheduled a phone call for when I returned from work the next day. No call. Another set of calls were placed, voicemails left, no reply. By this time, the spa was to have been delivered, installed and in use. Just the thought of this lying cheating company fills me with anger. We have sent a letter canceling our order and requesting a full refund. I have the sneaking suspicion that I will have to retain legal counsel to get us whole and extricate us from this mess. They have yet to respond. You're a fool if you deal with this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I went online and the first one that called back was ThermoSpas so I went with them. The Atlantis model was the smallest one that they had and it looked great. I like all the 2-speed jets on it. The guys that came here and brought the hot tub were great. They showed me everything on the tub and they were a good team. The only thing I don’t care about is setting everything up. It was a pain. I had to call ThermoSpas for the setup. They had to go over it with me over the phone and they had a hard time. They had to call up the people that make it. But we got it straight for at least an hour.

I'd like to know what to do in case the power goes out in the winter. It will take a good day for it to freeze, but if something really comes up, I have to take all the water out and that's going to be a problem. It's hard to get around what the owner’s manual was trying to say. Also, the person I called and talked to about it in setting everything up, said the same thing - that the touch-tone thing that they have in there is hard to understand. That’s the only problem I had with the tub so far. But I sleep better at night because of it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I purchased a spa through another company but nobody from there would bring it to my backyard. Instead, they wanted to drop the spa in my front yard. I saw that with ThermoSpas, I would get everything I needed. So, I canceled my initial purchase and decided to buy from ThermoSpas instead. At their store, I told the salesperson what I was looking for. I needed as many jets as possible for four to six people ‘cause I have osteoarthritis. He told me I should pick the Concord so that was the model I got. The salesperson helped me pick out stairs and extra bars so that I could get up and into the hot tub. I didn't need a model that was too small so what I got has been great. Furthermore, the top isn't too heavy for me to close as well.

Initially, the salesperson also told me where to put the spa. I didn't want to have a patio covered so I had a gazebo set up. The salesperson told me that I needed to move it because it's in the area that he picked. However, when the people came to drop it off, they told me putting it in a different place was better. The place they chose was where I originally wanted it so it was fine and I didn't have to move the gazebo. The installer also told me how to work the tub and gave me tips on what to do. They set the tub up and the electrician came and looked into the tub. Thereafter, I filled it up and it's been running ever since.

However, since getting the tub, I've bought a few things that I haven't been able to use. I got a thing to leave in the water which tells me how much of the chemicals to put in for 300 bucks. Also, one time, I called ThermoSpas and asked if there was any way to turn the temperature in the tub down and they said no. Currently, it’s at least 80 degrees and I have put it in a sleep mode and I have to go take the lid off of it for half an hour before I get in. If not, it will cook me because here in Texas, it’s too hot. Nevertheless, I'd definitely recommend ThermoSpas.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchased a tub in July 2018 and was well pleased with the sales rep. The tub we bought was described as one that had a flaw by one of the jets near the bottom. That wasn’t the tub that was delivered and now no one is returning our phone calls. We can’t get anyone to call us back that has any authority to make this right. I feel like this company really could care less about me since they got my $13k. I wish I could return this tub at this point.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

ThermoSpas looked like a good, reputable brand and had some good features for helping maintain heat and recycling in the spa. The delivery people noticed a couple of scratches on Park Avenue hot tub so they called the company to send some replacement parts. They were quick at sending a couple replacement parts out to me. However, I’m having problems getting a claim scheduled so I had to call them to find out what was going on because I haven’t heard from them beyond this point that they told me that the spa was supposed to be in my local area. Nonetheless, I liked that the tub holds five people, has a lounge chair and a lot of jets to get more massaging actions. It’s easy to maintain and it’s great when you get in it.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We've had a Slim Spa before but the warranty was just a year and that was when things started going bad. I didn’t want to deal with that. ThermoSpas has the longest warranty so I went with them, although it was very expensive. Chris, the salesperson, was very helpful throughout the process. I would contact him and he would either answer the question or forward it. He was very good.

We like having a double lounge. That was a very specific interest because our other indoor hot tub had a lounge and my husband always got it. With our ThermoSpas, it was nice to have something for both of us and it was the right size. We like the features of this tub but there are some things I wish I had done. I had seen advertised the water that flows across the lounge and I didn’t realize they all don’t have that. I would have appreciated adding those.

The step is lower than I want it to be which I would talk to Chris about. I'm not pleased with that and it would be better if those steps came up a littler higher. Also, one of the little covers that go over the bubblers has come off and won't stay on. It doesn’t seem to be something that twists on or off. I'm a little disappointed that there are some little things that has already come off. I’m hoping that’s just an anomaly and I have the confidence that if this will happen in five years, ThermoSpas would cover it. We got it for medical reasons for my husband and my grandson enjoys being in it. It has been very enjoyable and a very good thing.

Hello Karen,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad to hear we were able to troubleshoot some of the minor issues you were experiencing. We're always just a call away so please don't hesitate to contact us in the future! Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I was trying to get the biggest hot tub I could to go into the space that I have. I purchased the ThermoSpas Park Avenue. It has jets and the bubblers. It has really helped me and my wife out a bunch because she was in a bad car wreck and I’ve had 11 shoulder surgeries. However, when I hooked up the electrical, it didn't leave much space in there for me to bend the wire around and it took me a really long time to get the electrical. The wire was a 6 gauge wire and it was too tight right there.

The book that the tub comes with doesn’t explain everything, but I was sent a deal over my email. However, I dropped my phone and lost all that. I wished I had a book that will tell me what everything does. In addition, the lounger part of it didn't light up when I first got the tub. The little pad where I push it and turn the pump on and turn the wave on wouldn’t light up. I had to get a flashlight and put over there to find it. I had to feel around the control at night because I couldn’t see it.

Other than those, everything else is great on the tub and I’m very happy with it. I liked ThermoSpas' installation element and the way the tubs are made. I can set mine at 94˚ and I can raise the lids and it’s about 4˚ high because of all the installation from the heat from the motors. Most of the other tubs are made out of 2”x3” while some of them are just 3 quarter, but these are 2”x4” and 2”x 6”. The salesman, West, came over twice after he sold the spa just making sure I was happy and explaining a few more things to me. He was in the neighborhood and he dropped by and spent an hour here. They are like family now. West was good and the people that brought the tub out knew everything on it and explained everything in detail.

I have been sleeping better since using the ThermoSpas tub. I was on a lot of narcotics, but the pain has totally gone away and I don’t take any pills anymore. The tub has helped me out tremendously. One of my buddies who hurt his lower back is supposed to call West sometime this week to get him to come out there. My buddy had been putting up with the pain because he doesn’t take muscle relaxers or pain pills. He couldn’t even lift his leg up. I had to help him out of the car, help him to my backyard, and help him in the spa. Within 30 minutes, he could lift his leg up by himself and he had no problem with his back since. He told his wife that they were gonna get one of those tubs.

ThermoSpas should put a light in the bath. All the bars light up good and everything is lit up, but when it’s up that tall, you can’t see the pad. However, I’m very satisfied with my Park Avenue. They are pricey, but the hot tub I was looking at was up there. It was called Bonnie & Clyde’s Pool and it was almost $11,000, but it didn’t have the control near the jets or near the pumps. They had the spray it on your neck as ThermoSpas does, but for $2,000 more, I’m very satisfied with what I got. When I first got the hot tub, I got it filled with water and turned it on. As soon as I turned it on, it blew out two of my jets. I looked at them and a piece broke on it. I called the rep and told her, and she said that she would send me both of the parts and a set of filters for my inconvenience as well. That saved me money there, too. I’d highly recommend ThermoSpas all over any spa.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I did a little research on a few brands and we went with ThermoSpas due to their warranties and ratings. Also, the salesman was a nice guy and I was impressed with his knowledge and he also had a ThermoSpas tub. We purchased a Concord for its vibration and it was with the therapeutic jets. It's nice and its features and price appealed to us. I would like to have a swim spa too, but the quality of the tub is awesome. There is one cushion where the part that sticks in the little hole, on the bottom part, that is a little off and it pushes the other ones out. It would be cheaper for the company to change the design, although it stays in fine if I just do the top. But other than that, I love the ThermoSpas hot tub. It helped my lower back and also my neck. I found some positions where I could get that lower lumbar one. I can scoot all the way down and have it pound on my neck and it feels wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I answered something online and I got a call almost immediately from ThermoSpas, and the person came the next day. The Aquacisor model has the depth and I could exercise in it so that's what I purchased. The guy that sold it to me was great and I love the team that came to lift the hot tub by crane, over the house and into my backyard. The crane operator was very professional. I was really impressed with the equipment and the team that placed it was really great. It was fun to watch them do that. However, I had a problem with the spa when I first got it because the pump wiring was backward so the whole thing wouldn’t turn on. I didn’t like the fact that the people at ThermoSpas blamed it on the electrician and my electrician told me that it had to be something in the spa.

I dealt with someone in ThermoSpas and they sent a person out. He was fantastic. He showed me how to put the chemicals in and how to use the spa. But after he left, when I opened the top, it blew backwards and the whole top thing broke off. I got that ergonomic arm for it. So, they placed an order to replace it and it came yesterday. I haven’t been to the house yet because it's at the shore and I don’t live there full-time. But overall, 99% of my interactions with ThermoSpas' reps have been very positive. It was just unfortunate that that happened, that the pump wiring was wrong. It had water in it and it sat there for a week until someone could fix it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I got a little two-seater spa from ThermoSpas since it's just me and I wanted just a small one. It cost around $5,000 and it has lights that change colors and come off and on with the vibrators. The salesperson was really nice and very accommodating. So far, it's a bit overwhelming for me and I'm having a hard time using it. I’m in my 80’s and their reps came out one time and explained how to use the spa and I tried to make notes. There are still some things that I’m not sure about but they’re so busy and they work out of town that they can’t get to me as soon as I would like them to. But other than that, they were all very nice and I love the spa. It is gorgeous.

So far, I’m doing fine. I just have a little trouble reading the little strip to know what to add and when to add. I hate to read instructions and for somebody my age, I still have a hard time reading even with glasses and I didn’t listen close enough. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. So, I’ll just call and they’ll come back and give me another visit.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I had a ThermoSpas rep come by the house to see what they offered. The product seemed good and all but the only showroom is in California. I live in Texas. I have neck & back issues, and I've been looking for a spa that is comfortable to sit in. There's no way I'm buying a spa that I can't sit in to see how it feels on my back & neck.

Jason,

Thank you for your interest in ThermoSpas Hot Tubs. We do not have showrooms because each of our hot tubs is custom built to each owner's unique specifications to provide a truly premium experience. I hope that our terrific consumer reviews will help you feel confident that our hot tubs are some of the most comfortable in the industry. I hope you'll give us a second consideration!

Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

ThermoSpas is one of your better spas that are out there and we try to buy good stuff. I like the amount of jets, the color, the shell, and that we get the five seating. Our salesman, Scott, was a very nice guy. He told us to give him a call when when we get the spa installed. He said he would be over to walk us through things. We got it installed on the first day of August and I called him about a week later. He said he got to stop in Ohio, then he gotta go to Uniontown in Pennsylvania and that he would swing by and check us out. But he never came and he never called and that kinda upset us there. But outside everything, their reps have been sweet. ThermoSpas has been wonderful and has been very supportive a couple of times I’ve called and had questions. Phil, the installer, has a very nice crew. They forgot to put a light strip on one of the grab bars and Phil installed that and walked us through things again.

We tried to set the temperature the other day because it was too hot. I was able to get it down from 101 to 95 but all of a sudden, it went back to 99. It’s not in the sun all the time but the sun can hit it in certain parts at certain times of the day. So I had a cover on it. I figured that was probably what it was. It was heating the water up. The guy I was talking to, a technician, said that was what it was and he said to take it down to 80 and start from there. He said I might lose a degree a week because it was so insulated.

Also, they could change their instruction booklet. The booklet was a little rough to understand. I took the test strips and I tested once every other day or so. Phil said to not worry about the two bottom strips, the yellow strips and the whitish strips. But I couldn’t get the chlorine to where it should be according to the bottle and where they said it should be. I didn’t want to over-chlorinate it. A very nice lady sent me an email with the chemical instructions on it and what I should do instead of reading the book. She sent me a simplified instruction sheet on that and I printed that out on my printer and got it handy for my wife. But she was worried about the test strips and I told her what Phil told me about the bottom strips. We got everything pretty well organized.

It's a very nice-looking spa and it's very easy to get in it. It really amazes us how powerful they are. My wife floats when we get everything on and we can’t sit on our seat if we put the bottom blower jets and stuff. My wife has arthritis on her back and some of her hands. We bought the spa because it helps a little bit. It doesn’t cure the problem of arthritis, but it relieves the pain.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

When the ThermoSpas salesman came and did the presentation, we liked the features of the Concord hot tub. It has two pumps, 51 jets, and it’s got plenty of power. It has the heat in it and the light, and we just love it. The salesman seemed like a super nice guy, and I liked him from the get-go. Also, there was no pressure at all, and he was well-versed in what he was selling. Me and my wife are 73 years old and we have been in the hot tub every evening since we got it. I have circulation and back problems, and blood pressure. Last night we got in it for about 35 minutes and I got out, and I was just curious about my blood pressure. I took my blood pressure and it was 124/60. My wife really likes this one particular seat that has these jets that go to your hips.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We bought a $400 spa at Walmart once and we wanted to figure out what others were like. With just me and the wife, ThermoSpas' pricing was what we could afford and it had the type of accessories we wanted. ThermoSpas' sales guy came over. He was really good and didn't try to pressure us. We went to what I needed for my back, for medical conditions, and for recreation. Their delivery team was really good and the installation didn't take long. They took longer to unload the hot tub off the truck and unpack it than they took to install it. It was almost plug and play.

The Atlantis hot tub had two seating areas, the blower, the titanium heater, and the O3. It also has the automatic lid lifting, but it blocks our view so we took it off. Also, when we were trying to prime the spa, it wasn't priming. The technician had me uncouple the hose from the coupling where the motor was at. It was quite hard because it was tight so he went a long way instead of just having us lift the handle when we turn on the pump whenever we go in. He had us lift the handle to where the pump was gonna push the water out. If you open and close that handle, it creates the priming and the suction, which will prime that pump quicker instead of uncoupling and waiting for water to drain and listening for air. All you have to do is lift the handle up and down, give it a couple of seconds and you'll notice that it'll start to prime and start to catch. It's a much easier way for the average skilled person to do.

I use the hot tub about twice to four times a day. I'm doing and feeling much better, especially my lower back. My wife gets a little stressed out at work and she can jump in the spa when she comes home. It definitely helps out with trying to relax. It has had a positive impact on our quality of life. Right now, I'm just trying to buy filters for it. I know I can get them from MIDAS. I think I should have enough some sort of discount with ThermoSpas though. I'm still looking into it and comparing prices. I brag about the hot tub all the time and I have people saying they wanna come over. We have a nice little set up under my carport area, like a man-cave/spa. It really looks nice at night with the lighting. It's a beautiful spa. We're really happy and satisfied with our purchase.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I had my ThermoSpas tub delivered on July 2, 2018. Though I'm happy to have my spa and enjoy the features it hasn't been a good experience. At the time of delivery, two panels and a connecting piece were scratched & damaged as well as they had sent the wrong cover requested for the tub (I requested front to back opening and they sent left to right). I called immediately to report issues and was informed they needed to wait for delivery personnel to provide the report to ThermoSpas offices which could take up to 48 hours. Two days later I called ThermoSpas customer service to make sure an order had been placed for these issues. I was informed the cover would take 2-4 weeks to arrive and the other pieces 2-3 weeks. It was recommended I call back when all items were delivered so that a representative could come and install all pieces.

In the meantime I filled up tub and electrician connected the unit only to find out that the panel was not working. The technician assigned to my area was on vacation and apparently there was no one else that could repair the hot tub until the technician arrived. It took 10 days for the person to fix the problem and for me to finally used the tub. I recently called them back (4 weeks after delivery) one month of waiting and not all pieces had been delivered. Though the representative was very pleasant, it was extremely disappointing and aggravating to find out that the cover was never requested as well as one of the side panels that was damaged. I was notified they would reorder everything again and I would have to wait another 2-4 weeks to receive items. I asked if items could be rushed as it was not my fault someone forgot to request items and was notified they couldn't. This is unacceptable!

Five weeks into having my spa and I haven't received completely what I paid for. I chose this company because of the quality of their product & good customer service and so far I'm NOT impressed. This has been my experience as a new customer. I'm concern about how things will be 5-10 years into this wonderful warranty I bought into.

Yesenia,

Thank you for the opportunity to provide a service visit to address your concerns and I'm glad to hear the report that all issues have been resolved. As mentioned, please feel free to contact me directly if anything comes up in the future--we are here to help!

Sincerely,

Tom G.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Everyone should know that ThermoSpas outsources all of their service to contractors. We are in a major Metropolitan area, and there is only one service person in our geography (The company consistently acknowledges this). The one person in our geography is a terrible, inconsistent, unreliable service provider, and ThermoSpas has/offers no alternatives but this single individual. Because the sales model bypasses the Retailer, good luck trying to get any credible, competent, spa technician to even look at these spas. Good product, horrible service model after you've spent your money.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs response

Antonia, I'm glad we were able to address the communication issues from your previous experience and provide some assistance moving forward. As mentioned, we do have several service options in all major areas and you have a direct number to contact us if you need help! Elle, ThermoSpas

Original review: July 18, 2018

I needed a little two-seater tub so I purchased the Gemini from ThermoSpas. It’s got the bubble jets on there. I went with ThermoSpas because of their quality and the price. I dealt with the delivery people and then I had to call the customer service to figure out exactly how to put the chemicals in because I’ve never had a spa before. And it was a good experience. I’ve only had the tub a couple of months but I’m certainly enjoying it. It’s easy to take care of too. To maintain it, I put that stick in there and it’ll tell me whether or not it’s too acidic and if I gotta put more alkaline in it, or if I need to put more chlorine in it. Using the tub has definitely relaxed my muscles and I’ve got major arthritis, so it certainly has helped there as well.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We have had hot tubs for over 15 years and recently, we purchased the Concord from ThermoSpas. I was impressed with the quality, the price quotes, and the sales guy who was working with us. They gave us a great deal. My wife's happy with the tub and I really like the neck massager. Our old tub had a blower on it and it used to blow cool air. It was hard on the heaters and we had to have the heater replaced twice. We figured out that that was not really a good feature so we didn't buy one for our ThermoSpas. You couldn't do that with most hot tubs. Also, instead of having the blower, they added an extra pump so we have three pumps.

Other than that, the ThermoSpas team were great and very professional. Any question I had, they answered it almost immediately. And even after they had made the sale, they were still interested and advised when it was gonna be delivered and who was gonna deliver it. It was a wonderful experience. So far, I’m using the tub almost everyday. I’m 78 years old, I have arthritis, and I can tell when I don’t go in the hot tub. I’d recommend ThermoSpas to anyone.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I liked the size of the Concord. It’s supposed to fit five. I was also interested in the lights and there were a lot of jets. So, I bought one from ThermoSpas and their team was pretty good. The delivery was a little tough for me though as it took us a while for the delivery crew to be able to deliver the tub. It was ready in January but we got it in May because I am on a hill and the people that were delivering it were only in the area on certain times. So, it was due to the timing and weather.

Other than that, the tub is good quality and I like it. I use it a couple of times a week and it helps me relax. It’s also kinda fun to have a drink while on it and it gives a nice ambiance. But I was a little disappointed because when I saw their commercial, it advertised almost like you could add on a bar feature or a shelf on the outside that would match the outside, and apparently, they no longer do that. Also, it seems like I'm always having to treat the water every few days and there’s always something out of whack. I thought that the tub has some features that are supposed to make maintenance easier and I was under the impression that with this ozonator they had, I wouldn’t have to do that as much.

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc. expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

This company has been manufacturing hot tubs since 1983 and selling directly to consumers since 1995. They are based in the U.S.

• Interactive design: From the company website, consumers can design their own hot tub, including model, color and jets. They can even place the tub in a photo of their own yard.

• Customer testimonials: On the website, consumers can view actual customer video testimonials about their experience with ThermoSpas.

• Industry awards: ThermoSpas has received recognition from several organizations, including the Arthritis Foundation.

• Industry leading warranty: The ThermoSpas warranty stands above the competition with a 20-year limited warranty on their hot tub shells.

• Free on site inspection: ThermoSpas offers a free location review to answer questions and provide personalized professional advice.

• Best for: Consumers needing therapy, consumers wanting relaxation and consumers wanting family time.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

ThermoSpas Hot Tubs Company Information

ThermoSpas Hot Tub Products, Inc.
1983