2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.8/5 (114 ratings)

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

We needed Super Home to replace our AC unit in the heat of summer in Texas, and it took them two months to get it done. Overall, it was an okay experience but we were frustrated with that particular experience. They should improve on their response time. And if they are gonna approve or not approve something, they should make that happen quickly instead of it taking a while.

Super Home Inc. response

Benjamin - Thank you for your insightful feedback and honest review. We sincerely apologize that your HVAC claim was not resolved as quickly as you'd hope and understand how frustrating that may be. Super is committed to process improvement to ensure that we we are facilitating a timely resolution and communication regarding claims. Our care team will remain an available resource to you should you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

It’s easy to request a service online from Super Home. But we’ve had some difficulty in terms of when someone comes out and services things that there has been one or two times where they haven't resolved the issue. It's been a little tricky to get further support and to understand how we communicate that we need it. We had a sump pump and it broke so we had someone come out and try to fix it. But we’re not sump pump experts so we didn’t understand that it wasn’t fully fixed. Then you get an automated email asking how the service was. I marked that it wasn’t okay and that we needed follow-up. But we never heard back from them.

Apparently, that’s some automated thing and not the way that they flag that you need more assistance. So, Super Home should make it clearer on what to do if the service was not completed properly. In terms of COVID stuff, a lot of the services that we thought we were getting when we signed up, even when we signed up for the second year, are still not provided. I would look at those and question when they might be available for those who are looking at new warranties.

Super Home Inc. response

Brett - Thank you for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for the poor experience you've had regarding your claim resolution. A member of out team will be in contact with you to discuss these concerns further.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The app is good. You go on it and do the claim. It's not that hard. But Super Home has changed a lot during lockdown and COVID. You don't get as much interaction service. It’s all online. You’re working from home so things are changing but it is what it is. It takes days for the contractor to come and sometimes, even a week or two. But it depends. In the summer, I had a sprinkler leak. All the sprinkler guys are super busy in the summer, so it takes them a little bit longer which is like all the AC guys who are super busy. You just have to be understanding. Everybody is in the same boat right now and contractors hard to find.

I have a little bit of an issue right now but I'm assuming it should get resolved. I had an issue with my dishwasher about six months ago. The guy came out and said that nothing was going on, and walked off. This time, the dishwasher was stopping and the guy came out last week. He told me that he saw it stop but he didn’t know why and that it was a part issue. So, he told me to give him the timing. So, I gave him all the timings for the next couple of days when it kept stopping. Then, the vendor said that they have to come again and if they can’t figure it out, then they’re gonna say they don't know what the problem is. I don't know how many times they will come and see the same thing. But they're gonna do their best not to spend the money to replace it, which is their duty. But I’m happy and I don't have any issues.

Super Home Inc. response

Nirav - Thank you for your honest feedback and great rating! We are thankful for your understanding as we all do our best to navigate through the current circumstances. Our care team is remains an available resource to you and able to be reached by phone in the event that you need to chat with us.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Having gone through the online process with Super Home was not difficult. The claims rep is the best I’ve used so far and the techs have been great. They've been professional, prompt and I don't feel like they're trying to milk money from me, like the ones from American Home Shield or from the other ones. The experience with Super Home was painless and easy. I'd like to see the concierge service come back but that's a COVID thing.

Super Home Inc. response

Jared - Thanks for your kind words and insightful feedback! We are happy to make caring for your home care free! We also hope for a soon return of the concierge services. Keep your eyes open for updates.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The capacitor on our air conditioner went out. We called on Saturday and the guys came out on Monday. They talked to me and explained everything. The only thing is that we never got anything in the mail saying what our coverage was. I had to get it to my Realtor. It would be nice if Super sent something in the mail or email saying, "Hey, welcome to Super. Here's how you do this." Just something simple because it took me a while to figure out which company it was. But we're happy with the service. We've used them three times now, once for a toilet, then the air conditioner, and the electrical issue too. We'll probably renew it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I called Super Home and told them that the garbage disposal stopped working. They sent a plumber out, and he fixed it. I also had a leaky sink, and toilet, again, plumbing stuff, and the same thing, called them and told them about it. They sent plumbers out that fixed them. Everything's been satisfactory.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Super Home and their contractors need to make sure that they're on the same page with scheduling. The last two times I used them, Super sent me a schedule saying, "We're confirmed for this day and time." Then I was waiting around for the contractor to show up. I called the contractor and like, "Oh, we had you on the schedule for this day and time." They weren't synced up and that was pretty irritating. But in the end, everything's always worked out. Just a little bit of a waste of my time when the first appointment falls through.

One time, a part failed on my HVAC system, and it was extremely cold out, and it was an emergency situation. I got an HVAC contractor out immediately to repair it and then I asked Super if I could submit the invoice to them. They said, "No. That's not how it works." It would benefit to change that policy to allow us to submit bills after the fact so that if we're in an emergency situation, we can get ahold of someone that we know who's readily available. Usually, with Super, I have to wait a full week before I could get a repair done. In an emergency situation, I need it done ASAP. There should be a way that I can submit something after the fact.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I am grateful to have this service. They are doing a great job and recently fixed my broken dishwasher quickly. I don’t know a lot about repair, or even who to call, so I’m really lucky to have Super.

Super Home Inc. response

Eliza - Thank you for the great rating! We are happy to help to make caring for your home care free!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

My realtor recommended Super to me when I bought my house. I’m so grateful she did, because it seems like everything keeps breaking. Super has been on top of it, which is a huge relief to me and my family.

Super Home Inc. response

Chad - Thank you for reaching out and sharing your wonderful experience. We fully understand how worrisome and inconvenient it may be to experience break downs in your new home! Super is honored to provide the reassurance you need to know that your home is covered!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

1 - No matter broken HVAC in summer or Leaking water tank in winter they will not send the service in timely manner. In fact the same vendors they allocate will have faster availability than the one Hello Provides.

2 - The vendors generally over charge so it seems as if Hello covers more. However the market price of high-Yelp-reviewed vendors are cheaper and better and faster.
3 - The customer service is horrible.
4 - I did call and cancel my auto-renew but they still renewed my subscription! Extremely terrible practice.

5 - It's hard to cancel! I sent emails and they want me to call and wait on the line.

Super Home Inc. Company Information