2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.9/5 (128 ratings)

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: June 2, 2021

Super Home has been great. We have a lake house in Wisconsin that we just sold that we were using American Home Shield and I think that Super is much better. The only complaint I can think of is that when it’s hot in the summer and if our air conditioning goes out, I make an appointment online and it still takes three or four days for a guy to get here. But other than that, of the seven times they had been out over the last two plus years, six were phenomenal.

Super Home Inc. response

Adam, thank you for the great review! We're happy to continue to help making caring for your home carefree.

Original review: June 1, 2021

We've had some continual problems with our air conditioning unit and Super Home just keeps throwing money into repairs and freon and the unit just keeps breaking. I don't think the contractors have a clue of what they're doing. Super Home sent out one person that actually was an AC person. He replaced our fan and did a really good job. But usually, they just send out these people that do all different kinds of things. They don't have any one specialty. They’ve been out here five times on my AC. This last time was the first time a technician ever went up into the attic to look at it. The whole issues that I'm having is the whole reason why I selected Super Home to begin with. I decided to go with them because they had an unlimited amount towards air conditioning and my unit is older. If you're gonna get Super Home for your large purchases like your AC, do not even spend the money because they're not gonna do anything to fully fix it.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience with Super. It saddens us to learn that your experience did not exceed expectations and we strive to provide exceptional experiences. While Super does not offer unlimited HVAC coverage, we do work with you to ensure the coverage you purchase properly suits the needs of your home. Super is committed to continuously improving our processes and customer experiences and hope to provide a better experience for any future claims. Our customer care team will remain an available resource to you should you have any future questions or concerns.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Selected SUPER based on their tech platform and a referral. Over a week for a claim review, spent 4+ hrs on phone, declined claim. T&C shows it would be approved. Complete scam of a service, waste of money, and too much stress. Avoid at all cost. Save your money and put it into the new appliance you need. Don't be a fool and spend 10 days swapping out towels under your leaking water heater waiting for them to approve your claim. Juan was kind on the phone but calls were dropped multiple times after being told we would be assisted. There is no home warranty on the market that truly works well. We emailed the CEO as well and he never responded. Here's our review. Happy to provide feedback if you need but will never recommend Super. Emailing our real estate network to deter their clients from Super as well.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your recent experience with Super. We regret to learn that coverage was not extended to your unit. Super understands just how frustrating it may be when these unexpected expenses come about. Our team is appreciative for the wonderful feedback regarding your interactions with Juan and we sincerely apologize for any issues that occurred during your communication with Super. We are always committed to improving the customer experience and hope for the opportunity to offer you a mutually satisfactory experience in the future. Our customer service team will remain an available resource to you for any additional questions or concerns you may have in the future.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We signed up with Super in Nov 2020 in hopes of a high end experience to cover our home that we just renovated. We loved the idea of the concierge service and Super's promise of a better customer experience. NONE OF THAT HAPPENED. Every claim has been a hassle and required many many phone calls and weeks of waiting. Their providers are mostly incompetent and therefore there has to be a second opinion to correct the issue. I have two claims currently that still do not have resolution and one of them is over 3 months old. I have also tried to speak with a supervisor and or a customer experience representative. No response. I have also asked about the options to cancel my contract and no response (I have called three times and emailed 4 times). They even blocked me on Facebook when I commented with my experience.

Pay $280 per month which is a lot of money compared to the other home warranty programs out there and it isn't even worth $80 per month. I am still waiting for them to get a second opinion (their request) on my garage door which is not operating properly on a consistent basis. How hard is it to find a garage door company in the DC area? Not that hard. They asked me to take a video to prove how it wasn't working which we did. This company is incompetent and I hope people read this before they find themselves in the same situation as we are in. Lots of money for a home warranty and no service.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Our homeownership have had some ups and downs but Super Home has been helpful during the more recent months during the pandemic times. It was harder to get through to their customer service representatives and that was sometimes frustrating. But in the end, they resolved everything to our satisfaction. There was that one time where it was more difficult submitting a claim. I don't even remember if it was a delay or something I needed to reach the contractor about and couldn't. But usually, it takes a day to get the appointment set like when our washer broke. On the next claim, I sent the email at night and the next morning, I had a confirmation of a time when a contractor could come out.

We had quite a few experiences with contractors and all but one was excellent. The installer put in our water heater wrong and that caused some flood damage. So, that was upsetting. But that was the exception to the rule. We had probably seven other service providers who were all great. I would use them again even if they weren't affiliated with Super Home.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Super Home has been super easy to use and that's why we've extended for another year. I've had about five claims. It's an older house. The most recent one was for a toilet that was constantly running. We just put in the request through the app, and they scheduled the appointment and the person came out. He was a little late because of his previous job. But he did what he needed to do and fixed our problem relatively quickly, and then he got on his way.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for the great review Carrie! We're happy you let us help you care for your home.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I've had one visit that went well, which was a locksmith. Super Home covered that well. But the other thing is when we moved in, we discovered that the HVAC system had tons of problems, and the worst being that the main floor of the house was not possible to heat it during the winter. It didn't produce any pressure. I read the terms of coverage thoroughly, and I thought that I had a good idea that they would be covered by the warranty. It's a specific kind of system, and I repeatedly asked them to send out a technician who was certified to work on these systems. But they didn't do that. But not only that, they actually send out technicians who I looked up the companies that they were with, these companies were not even certified to do any work at all in DC. So, they send out technicians who were unlicensed to do work in my house, which was appalling. I told them that.

They gave me authorization to go out of network to get a diagnosis on my own, and then, they denied the claim. It was a huge headache resulting in nothing. And it seemed like they were doing quite a lot of work to deny my claim and avoid paying out even a dollar for HVAC work. And the fact that they send unlicensed technicians to do work in people's homes is ridiculous.

I've had to call several times, I've repeatedly been told to expect a callback, and have never received a callback. So, it has taken a lot of work to follow up, a lot of waiting around, a lot of people having to tell people the same details of the case over and over, until finally, I got this authorization to go out of network for a diagnosis and estimate. I concluded that I needed to redo the whole system after talking to many HVAC companies. I sent them the estimates which was large, but I thought maybe they would cover some of it. And then, after sending that in, I got the first callback I've ever received from them, which was from a very lawyerly representative, someone who's clearly higher up than the other people I've been talking to telling me exactly why they were going to deny the claim. That was the only time I've ever received a callback.

I've come to the conclusion that Super Home is pretty much a scam. If I have another problem with the house, I don't think I would even bother submitting a claim. It's much more of a headache than it's worth. And it seems like their energy is completely devoted to denying claims. I would never recommend anybody buy a home warranty if my experience is telling.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I use Super Home all the time and it’s usually for plumbing. The tech recently fixed my sink again. Our garbage disposal wasn’t working. He came in, fixed my sink, and my drain in the bathtub in my master bath. He was perfect. He answered all my questions. Every time they come out, they go above and beyond. Super Home's reps are super friendly and helpful. Every time I call, they try to help me out. This is the second time I’ve had an issue on my garbage disposal. Before Super Home sent somebody out there, the rep tried to help me fix it. He gave me instructions. If they can offer me ways to fix it before actually having to send out service, they do it every single time, and that’s awesome.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for the kind words Cassandra! We feel fortunate that you trust us to help you care for your home.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I generally submit the claim online and Super Home is quick to reply back and get a contractor. I've been extremely satisfied with the contractors that have come out. They've been very good, reliable, polite and courteous.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Super Home has been very convenient. I've had little difficulty, in the beginning, not knowing if I cannot really call them to try and communicate. I'm not computer-savvy. So that made it a little difficult and frustrating and I almost broke my contract with them. But they worked really hard in a couple of situations for me when the repair person wasn't being too cool. I would never recommend the company that was sent out to work with my refrigerator. But the plumber from Pauly’s Plumbing has been absolutely wonderful.

Super Home Inc. response

Stephanie, thanks for the 5 stars and for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your feedback and willingness to let us know how we could improve - it helps us to make Super better, every day.

Super Home Inc. Company Information