2. Elder Care
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.75/5

Founded by Joseph Stannah in 1867, Stannah Stairlifts has remained a family-owned and operated company with a strong commitment to its customers' safety and comfort. Our focus is providing customers in the US and Canada with peace of mind and the freedom to maintain as much of the same level of mobility as ever as you or your loved one transitions.

With flexible options to rent or buy stairlifts and many capabilities to fit any type of staircase, we're confident we can help find the right option to fit your specific needs. Call us today to find a dealer near you or talk to a knowledgeable professional to get help and advice on the right stairlift for you or your loved ones.

Stannah Stairlifts Gallery (2)
Stannah Stairlifts Call Now Toll Free (617) 855-1809 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

Stannah Stairlifts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stannah Stairlifts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stannah Stairlifts?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I looked on the internet and I was looking for somebody that could show me something locally, and I found Stannah had a mini showroom here in Hamden. The salesman and installer were both excellent. The straight stairlift fits very well. The way you have the bottom track retract and extend turned out to be an important thing. We have a very narrow opening at the base of the stairs, and that was a good feature that I discovered after I looked into Stannah. And the fact that it's powered. Some companies, it's a manual device to do the similar equivalent function.

Take advantage of an actual demonstration, either in the mini operation here in Hamden or up at your main headquarters. Because it's not one, two, three in your brain to do everything that you need to do. I wonder if some people might have difficulty with the complexity of operation or the needed strength to operate the up and down switches. So, if you need, you can get exposed to it. I also was concerned about getting off of the chairlift and learned something about the turning of the chair and that access. So, get some hands-on even with a high recommendation.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Paul for such a detailed review. Our automatic retractable rail is a big differentiator; and we're glad you it is serving you well. We agree completely with your comments on the value of a showroom visit. Thank you again for your kind words.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I had three different companies come out, take a look and measure it up, and give me a price and the finer points of their product. All three companies were very professional. Nobody was pushy and everybody was factual. I looked at the features of the Stannah versus the other ones. Stannah was the most expensive of the three but it seemed to be the one that made the most sense so I picked it. I got a straight model. So far, it seems to be 100% fitting the bill, and it's just what I expected. My stairs are adequate when the thing is folded up in a put-away position. You can walk by it like it's not even there.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Jim for your five-star review! We're glad you chose Stannah for your stairlift needs. We wish you the best with your new stairlift and we'll be here for you for years to come.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The installation was top notch from top to bottom. The stairlift is a great piece of equipment. It's enabling my wife to function in the house. Stannah is a great company.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Joe for your review! We're glad to hear your wife is able to function in your home again because of her Stannah stairlift.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We had an excellent sales rep from Stannah. We got a straight chairlift and the installation impressed me. The service person was very polite and clean. He never left a speck of dirt anywhere when he was done. From what other people have told me, the other brands are nowhere near as nice as this Stannah. And if you order from one certain company, they don't install. You have to hire an installer besides the cost of the chairlift.

Our chairlift is very nice and excellent in quality. It's very comfortable to take us up the stairs and it's very easy to operate. There's no fear to it whatsoever. My husband has used the stairlift more than I have. He had a sore leg one day and he couldn't climb the stairs other than on the chairlift. I used the chairlift a couple of times. I have rheumatoid arthritis and if a day comes that it hits me on my legs, I'm definitely going to use it more.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Laura for your five-star review! We're so glad to hear how well your installation went. Rest assured your Stannah stairlift will be there for you when you need it.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Stannah was a little high but they seemed to be a well-represented company. It wasn't a fly-by-night thing and they were very honest people. Their sales rep was great. In the installation was a one-man team and that person did well. But he had some issues with the gearing. It makes a slight noise. I'll have to call him back and try to set up an appointment to get that readjusted. Other than that, everything about the chairlift is pretty much automatic and the chairlift seems to be of pretty high quality.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I needed a stairlift for my mom. She had a knee replacement surgery two years back and she has issues with climbing upstairs. We have Stannah and it's fine. The installer took a bit of time but he did the job well. It's just that there was a thing that was attached at the time of installation which was not so tightly attached so that keeps on falling and the armrest has been falling.

Stannah Stairlifts response

Thank you Lubna for your feedback. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by your armrest. Our records indicate this has been corrected. Please don't hesitate to call our Customer Care team directly at 1-888-272-4327 if you have any other issues.

The Stannah Team

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

The guy from Stannah was awesome. He walked me through everything. The installer was good and he didn't leave a mess. He showed us how to use the stairlift. It's good quality and I like it. It makes it easier for my grandmother to get up and down. Also, it’s not in the way. It just helps her.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The Stannah Stairlift works. It looks nice and fits perfectly. The people that installed it were perfect. They did everything quickly and clean.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The Stannah representative and the installers were very professional. The straight stairlift we've got works fine.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The sales rep from Stannah was great. I love her. The installer knows his job and he was courteous. He also explained stuff. The straight stairlift is great and it fits good. We are preparing it for my daughter. She's not here yet but my other daughter has used it to carry clothes upstairs. The quality is good.

Stannah Stairlifts Company Information