4.7/5 (379 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

We've lived in this house for 12 years and our water has been bad all that time. A neighbor moved in next door and we've been talking. They put RainSoft in and they were happy with theirs. We ended up putting the same one they had. Our reps were really nice and helpful. We're happy with our system. Now, we drink more water, the showers are better and so are our clothes. The dishwasher doesn't have all the calcium stains on it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

We did a water test that we got through Home Depot and sent it out. RainSoft got in contact with us, if we wanted to sit down and discuss the product. We agreed and we ended up purchasing it that night. They installed it within a week or so. Before, our toilet bowls were orange. The taste of water had a funny taste to it. It was highly chlorinated. It wasn't palatable. Now, it's 100% the opposite.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

I liked the installer of our RainSoft water system. He did a really good job at it and he explained everything. He was trying to explain to me that when I put the salt in, I'm supposed to go in and readjust the numbers. But I don't remember what the numbers were that he told me to adjust it to. Other than that, things are pretty good right now.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The whole process was quite comprehensive. The water was nasty before, but now, we're ecstatic about it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The cost of our RainSoft water system was fair compared to its quality. But I noticed something was wrong about a week or two ago and I wanted them to check it out and make sure everything’s okay. So, somebody’s coming today for a service call.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

RainSoft's sales rep was very good. We spent one and a half hour in the kitchen while he did his thing and we listened. There was a dialogue and a presentation during that time. We got the water system, the extra filter system for under the sink in the kitchen to get the best water possible, and the air purifier system. For the installation, the tech came here, installed all the gear, and explained how the system worked. Then I signed some papers, warranty stuff, and he left. Since we got the system, the water is much better and softer. Everything that we wanted to achieve, we achieved.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The installation went really well and since we got the unit from RainSoft, the water’s been a lot better. There had been a promise of some additional cleaning chemicals that we were going to have access to that we have never heard anything more about since we got the system installed, but other than that, the system has been working just like it's supposed to.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I did my little research and found out that RainSoft was the leader in the industry. So, when I decided to put a softener and filter in my house, I knew I wanted that one. The rep that came did his water test. I wanted it anyway, so he didn't have to try real hard but he was real professional. He knew what I wanted and then outlined it, and gave me the best price he could. The product was installed the next day.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

The RainSoft rep tested the water. He showed us how the water would be filtered through the little demonstration system. He took a reading with that meter as well to show us how hard the water was. I've been able to get my questions answered quickly. We purchased the water softener, as well as the RO system. I was told it would be three to four hours to install it. But they were quick, two hours at most. They came in fast and got out fast.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I used to live outside of Lansing and we desperately needed a water system there because our water was so full of iron. We went with RainSoft and we had a few bugs in the beginning but when the bugs were worked out, you could not beat our water. RainSoft cured all the problems that we were having. Then, I purchased a home in December, in Harbor Springs, and one day, one of the faucets didn't let water through. I also noticed when I would do dishes, they would have all sorts of white spots on them. So, I called RainSoft and had a new unit installed.

The salesperson was delightful. He was a very young man but he was very good and polite. Since I got RainSoft, I don't have white spots all over my dishes or my glasses, and the stools are staying cleaner. Aside from that, I have talked to a number of people that have had other water conditioners and my water didn't even compare to what they had with their Culligan's or some off-brand. The big thing is, RainSoft is more expensive, but if people could see that the water is way clearer, it's worth spending a little more money just to have the top quality.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I don't like RainSoft's soap. You're supposed to dilute everything with the water, mix it, and wash clothes. It does nothing for the clothes. The clothes don't smell good and it doesn't seem like it cleans very well. When washing dishes with the dish soap, it doesn't do the job as well. Other than that, RainSoft has been good so far. My sister-in-law's kids have really bad eczema. They would cry when they put them in the bath. She bought the system and the bath experience is a little bit better. But t hasn't cleared up their eczema. I'd recommend RainSoft but not their soap products.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

The sales rep was fantastic. I'm a new homeowner so there have been people trying to come into the house to sell me stuff surprisingly frequently. But he has been the only one successful so far. The installers went over everything with me and made it very obvious the things I needed to pay attention to, and when it was time to call them for anything. They did everything right. In addition to everything else, we got the drinking water setup, and now we have alkaline water right out of a dedicated tap which is even better because we don't have a fridge with a water line for getting water. And they put in an air purifying system into our HVAC as well, which has been nice.

The flavor of the water already is great. My wife who used to have frequent migraines has only had once since the system has been put in versus almost weekly before. So that was a big shift for us. We have a fridge that has a water line for ice only, which was odd. But if we put that ice in a drink, when it melted, it would leave a gelatin but that doesn't happen anymore. Our ice is wonderfully clean and turns into more water when it melts. Also, it's easier to clean things. RainSoft set us up with a company as a part of their product offering that sent us hyper concentrated soaps that since our water is so clean, we can mix them with the concentrates and make the products that we need. So, we've been using immensely less soap. Our clothes smell cleaner when they come out of the washing machine. It's a ton of everything.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

RainSoft worked for our home. I've noticed the difference. The taste of water has improved and whenever you take a shower, your shampoo is different. It’s doing its job. I'm satisfied with the system.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

We got our system and it's is fine. Their people were great too. However, the guy who installed it said that somebody will come back out and explain to me how to take care of the system or what to do with it for the maintenance. A guy came back to install the alkaline water system but nobody came out to explain anything to me. I have no idea how to take care of the system at all. I emailed the guy that sold us the system but he never returned my email. I've been waiting. Other than that, the water quality is good. The drinking water doesn’t taste that great but I’m stuck with it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The sales rep came out and did his assessment. We liked what he had to say when he showed up. They had an opening within the week. The system was installed after five days. The people that came into the home are very professional and courteous. We're happy with the installation, the system and the water. Everything has been going well. The water feels softer and it tastes better. We don't have any of that white residue on our faucets.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

The reps were first class. They were bending over backwards to answer any questions I had or any concerns. They were very cooperative, and looking at the water a second time, and making sure it was working right. They did a good job. Since having the RainSoft system installed, washing things, taking showers and the taste of the water are nicer all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I saw what was in our water such as magnesium, chlorine, and calcium deposits and those are going through our refrigerators, washer/dryer, dishwasher, showers, pipes and hot water tank. All those different things resonated with me as far as the longevity of our household appliances and increasing them up to 70%. I also wanted to have clean water to drink after seeing all that chlorine in there with the test strips.

RainSoft's service was prompt. My sales rep was Carol and she was upfront about payment contracts, available incentives, and interest rate contracts. Everything was really good. Installers came out the next day and installed the system midday. It took them about an hour and a half tops. It was pretty quick. They provided the first bucket of salt, which was nice. They hooked up the big storage bin of salt and everything was good to go. They made sure that there were no leaks. They came last week and did a follow-up water test to make sure everything is running right and everything checked out. The water test all came back good. I'm impressed with it.

Now, there's a difference in the taste of our water. We would go to restaurants and get water. We noticed that restaurant water is not nearly as good as our water at home. The system works and it keeps our water clean. It’s keeping junk out of our water. We're in an up and coming development. They're still doing construction in our neighborhood and a lot of our neighbors were reporting on the Facebook page for our community that they were having yellow and muddy water during construction. We never once had that.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The rep did the water test, told me my readings and what it would cost to get a system. I've had it for two months now and I've added one bag of salt to it. Our skin feels better, our water looks, feels and tastes better. RainSoft is great. Buy one.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The customer service with RainSoft was very good. I don't know anything about changing the salt though and I'm going to have to call them and ask them how to do it and learn about that. But other than that, the system is fine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

The company that did the sampling of our water called me and told me the results. They said, “If you don't mind, could we come and do a more extensive water test from your kitchen faucet?” I agreed. The fact of the matter was all my clothes are red and so are all my sinks, bathtubs, and everything. I have such high iron content. I've known for years that we needed to do something. My husband and I talked about it. We got RainSoft and it's a great product. I love it. The only thing wrong with it is it is very expensive.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

When their team came out, their presentation seemed very knowledgeable. Since having the RainSoft system installed, I can feel the difference in the water and the taste, too.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

The installation was super quick. RainSoft had three master plumbers out here and did everything exactly the way it should have been done properly, and it was easy. Since having the system, the water quality is way better. We had super hard water and heavy metals were apparent in our water. All of those things are being filtered out now, which is amazing. I have a great peace of mind for my two-year-old who obviously shouldn't be consuming heavy metals at her age. We also got the soaps and shampoos, too and we've had a great experience with those. I was a little bit skeptical that they wouldn't work as well as maybe other chemicals but they do.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

We purchased a RainSoft system before at our other house. The city has really hard water, and we missed the soft water that we had before. We got a new one and the installation was excellent as before.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

Once RainSoft came and verified how hard our water was, we decided to go with buying the product. I have the E5, and the reverse osmosis inside. The only thing I have to do is buy the salt pellet once every three to four months and put them in the container. We can drink the water even from the faucet and our skin is softer. I will definitely recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

My whole system has been out of use for some time before I reapplied but I've had RainSoft before so I know that it’s a good product. The reps were pleasant and informative. Now that I have the system, I like the texture of the water. It’s soft and gives you a smooth bath. Also, the taste is better. It's more pleasant.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I got RainSoft because of all the great reviews that the salesperson provided to me in addition to the great customer service, and the quickness. The install was seamless. The people were seamless.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Mike had an excellent presentation. He answered our questions, but it was not a high-pressure sales technique. We called him the next week and said, "Go ahead with it." It was within three weeks. We asked Mike if the water softener would clear up my husband's dry skin. And he hasn't had any trouble since we put in the system. Also, we use less soap. And like Mike told us, the water deposits would still be there, but they wipe off. We love it.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We liked the presentation from RainSoft that we had when the guy came out and did the water test. Then, the guys who installed it were great at the work that they did and explaining how to work it, and how to wash it and it cleans itself, as well as how to maintain it and whatnot. It is a massive difference in the water taste and the softness of the water. It's holding up to what it was explained to us and to its end of the bargain.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Our RainSoft product softens the water and we doesn't use much detergent. It's great.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The rep was awesome. He tested the water and he was very thorough when it came to knowledge and describing the pH and the parts per million of particles that were in the water. It was very thorough and I appreciated it. I'm 100% satisfied with the system.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information