2.39/5
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Compozit Home Systems

We have been in the business in providing energy efficient and fashionable home improvements since the early 80s. Our mission is to provide you with the best service and product available on the market.

Last updated: May 22, 2018

42 Compozit Home Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2018

Home improvement - I had good experience with the owner and the installers. Very professional and did a great job. I've told my neighbors to come look at them and they too will call the company. I think this is a good company.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Windows were excellent. Installer was very knowledgeable and professional. Installation took 2 to 3 hours for 3 windows. Biggest problem was dealing with the company owner who is extremely pushy and doesn't listen to clients. He comes across as "all about me" and "all about money". If he deals with other clients the way he dealt with us he will drive the company into the ground. He needs a lesson in dealing with customers.

Get expert buying tips about Windows and Doors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The experience was great. The quote and the bill matched exactly and there were no issues with the install. In fact they also helped me with the energy rebates that were available with my utility company, Would recommend them to others and will use them for other projects in the future.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My home and windows were very old and very inefficient. Called Compozit Home Systems and set up a appt. They came out. Was very knowledgeable courteous and helpful. My windows were ordered and installed very quickly and the installation team was wonderful. Would highly recommend this company and their product.

Original review: April 17, 2018

These guys are great, I am the maintenance manager at an apartment complex in Jeffersonville, IN and these guys have done a few tub liners for us and they look great. They come out and get the job done quickly and clean. It saves me so much time from resurfacing these tubs!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Compozit Home Systems?

Original review: March 12, 2018

We had 14 Windows and 1 Storm Door installed August of 2016 and we have had a continuous battle trying to get warranty work completed. There is just one lady to answer when calling on warranties. She never answers the phone and I am ask to leave a message and she would get in touch. She doesn't call until the next day and sometimes longer. I'm told the replacements parts haven't come in yet, well that don't float with me. The serviceman has came out 3 maybe 4 times but can never complete the job for some reason or the other. The last time he came was in November, one part he didn't have and to top it off he broke one of the new replacement windows while trying to replace, now we've had a broken window ever since. I would not recommend this company for my worst enemy if I had one.

Original review: July 21, 2017

When I ordered my windows Phillip ** was my salesman. He promised vastly different windows that I received. When my windows arrived at my home and my first two windows were demolished at that time I saw the windows they had brought me and was devastated. They looked cheap windows that would go in a trailer. I then began dealing with George ** (owner). Because it was very cold I had no choice but to install the windows and because I wanted them to match I let them put them in my whole house. George was gracious and gave me a garden window in my kitchen for my trouble. We did put trim and woodwork around the windows and they were made acceptable. Now this many years later the seal has broken in the garden window. I have no idea where my contract is. The company is supposed to keep that as well.

The company says they can not find my contract so they have no proof the window is one they made and installed. (They did come out and measure the window. They had actually called me to see if I needed any more windows when I told them about the one with the broken seal). They won't fix the window under warranty but more importantly they won't fix the window at all. They say they won't fix anyone else's window and since they don't have my folder and I can't provide my contract (from pre 2010) I can't prove the window is one they made. So the garden window that George made for me is worthless. Can't see out of it. It's all fogged up inside the panes. I have left voicemails for George. I have no doubt he remembers me because of all the trouble we had with our original contract. He hasn't even returned my calls.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Very professional installation. We had great service from the buying process to the installation. Both the original salesman and the installer were very personable. We have received several calls from the office to verify that we were satisfied with the process. We recommend this company.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I recently had all my windows replaced by this company and I am ecstatic about the service I received. The installers were great. They cleaned up their mess. They went out of their way to make sure I understood what they were doing and why. I have given all my friends a recommendation to use them for windows.

Original review: March 30, 2017

We have had our complete home renovated with THV/Primax triple pane windows and are extremely pleased with them. The installers were great and very professional, the windows are easy to operate and clean and we have noticed a difference on our heating bills. Thank you Primax!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I ordered Primax replacement windows. It took awhile to get them. Since then I have had to replace two windows due to spots in between the glass. The first one took a year to get replaced. Reasons included changing company to True Home Value, large window (had to order SPECIAL glass and holidays). The second window was ordered in April 2016. So far the reasons include waiting for a large enough glass order for glass supplier and changed glass supplier. They final ordered the glass and received it at the factory in November 2016. Now I am waiting on holidays again. There is only one person that I can get in touch with during this 5 year process. She might return your call maybe answer an email but, it is general explaining why my window cannot be ready to replace the old window. I guess this one will take a year to get done also.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I have called the Louisville office four times over the last 6 weeks, leaving my name & number each time, but no one has ever called me back. I have all Primax windows, but my patio door will no longer open & close.

Original review: July 13, 2015

A piece of siding blew off the house on 6-26-2015. There are 2 more pieces just flapping in the wind. We finally got hold of someone on 6-29 and they said they would send someone out the next day. If anyone came they didn't call or leave a note. Since then We cannot get anyone to return the voice mails we leave. I finally reached a person on 7-6 and was told the scheduling person was on vacation and no one else does their job. They said they would leave a note asking we be scheduled. I waited until today 7-13 to try and reach someone again. Once again I left a voicemail explaining the problem and asking someone to call me and schedule an appt. We paid $14,000.00 for siding and gutters in May of 2009 and this is the first problem we have had and no one will communicate with us. Obviously the warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Original review: March 30, 2015

Primax/TRV will promise lifetime warranties from their salespeople. However they will not honor the warranties when needed. They talk to you like you're an idiot wanting to file a claim. I have had two broken panes on my expensive triple pane windows. The broke on middle and one on inside. They said the glass breaking is not covered. They broke from poor workmanship not from anything I did. They said I will cost me another $376.00 to fix. Plus my door leaks air and the tub will not shine per warranties. That will cost me another fee to get fixed. I'm still paying on this. I wish I could stop payment. For poor service and product. Can anything be done to them???

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

I had Primax install siding a couple of years ago and I didn't notice that the sheet metal fascia was lapped in the wrong direction. I guess I should have looked harder at the short work but I trusted their work (stupid). I have been calling and leaving messages for over a year and was told that they would come check it out that week and fix because of my so called lifetime warranty and of course that is b.s. and now can't get a call returned at all. DON'T HIRE THESE SCABS!!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2014

We had 2 new windows installed on the front of our house. One of which was 6 ft long. When I came home on my lunch break, the installer had installed the window on rotten wood and refused to remove the window to do the job correctly. He then chose to curse me on my own property and pack his tools and said he was going to leave because he wasn't making any more. I called their office and spoke with a man by the name of Phillip. He refused to believe what I was telling him. I took pictures of the shoddy work and sent him an e-mail. Once he received my e-mail he would no longer take my calls, even though the receptionist told me he was in his office and I know that he had been talking with the contractor. Nothing was ever resolved. I will be taking this window back out and redoing the work myself. Was forced to pay because of a shady contract agreement. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. They are not honest and they do not care! All they care about is getting paid, regardless of the quality of work.

Original review: May 27, 2014

Had an appointment for a quote on windows. When the salesman came (late) & saw we were renovating the home & not living there yet, he said he would have another guy (Ron) give me a quote cause he did a better job at window quotes. Never heard from them again. What was the point of wasting my time? Their commercials always say they are drawing for money and home improvements soon but when I call to register, the person doesn't know when the drawing is & is only interested in setting an appointment for a home improvement.

Original review: April 18, 2014

This month's electricity was almost half of what I've been paying. Service was great. No issues. A little pricey but worth it now.

Original review: March 20, 2014

I contacted Primax again a short time ago, within the last two months. I had to leave a message after being transferred several times. As of today, no one has returned my call. The windows were suppose to be covered for thirty years. After three years, I had to pay a service call. I have three windows I can't raise, Two of three has needed to be fixed every time they have came out. There is air coming in between the gap between the top & bottom window. Those two I believe weren't properly installed, b/c neither window has been raised since the last repair.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2013

I purchased Primax Windows in 1996. Some of them are always messed up. I got the triple pane and the brackets that hold them when you drop down the window to clean outside one or two will always break. I have two windows that are messed up and the same two that has always been every time I've called for service repair. The two windows that have been fixed every time they come out can't be raised now and they are bulging from the top window. The worse part I have raised them or dropped them in to clean since the last service call. I have had trouble getting someone to return my call. Today is the first time I actually talk to a person. It's Saturday and I was told to call back on Monday. These windows are expensive and I feel like it's the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. Who wants a window you can't raise and two windows that tear up without doing anything to them. I'd Never recommend Primax Windows to anyone.. Sorry for being negative, but all of the above is true..

Original review: July 2, 2013

First, this is the worst company out there. They are ** and should be shut down. The door I bought was installed wrong. The handle has broken twice now. They never answer or return calls. It is a sham. Do not waste your money.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2012

At the Louisville Fair, Primax had a drawing that I entered. They then called and offered a free estimate. I initially agreed and set up an appointment. There was no call when they were a no-show for the appointment. Since then, I have received numerous calls even after I told them I was no longer interested and would not do business with their company. Fed up with their many calls, I called their office and repeatedly asked for a manager. The receptionist would not put me through. She told me she could handle anything I needed and continued to ask questions - one of which was, why would I enter their drawing? She kept talking over me and I kept asking for a manager and insisting to be taken off their call list. She finally told me she would take me off their call list and I would also be out of the drawing.

Original review: June 26, 2012

Not using Primax! - First of all, I really enjoy sites like this. I feel like I dodged a nightmare. We had a very nice salesman come out and give us a $13,000 estimate on our windows. He talked as if his windows were the nicest thing on the market, said that no one else offers a 50 year warranty (which the next interview proved him wrong). We explained that we were not committing to anything that evening as we had 4 other companies coming out. He offered a $2,000 discount if we agreed that night. I refused as we already committed to interviewing the other companies.

Another gentleman named David called, claiming to be the brother of the owner. He wanted to sell us windows at wholesale. I was suspicious so I had him talk to my husband. They offered the windows to us for $9,000 to be installed in August. We took the information and I began digging a little deeper. This site, as well as the BBB has so many consumer complaints that I am not choosing this company because of others who shared their experience. Thank you for this service and saving me potential nightmares and bad investment. I will be choosing another more reputable, honest company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2012

Salesman came out on Tuesday Jan.24th. I told him I just wanted an estimate but he said I was not going to get an better deal, so I went ahead and wrote him out a check. I then called back the next morning and cancelled my order. They told me that the salesman will returned to my house with my check and paper work for me to sign about the cancellation. He called but never showed up. On Friday morning Jan.27th, there was a guy outside measuring my windows. I told him that I had cancel the order. I called back again and ask to make sure that my order was cancelled. They said yes it was. I checked my bank account and the check had been put through my account.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

He came and gave me an estimate on windows and a door. They took a post dated check. He was supposed to contact me and let me know if I was approved or not. I have not heard from him and had two or more calls wanting to know how I like my window and door. I told them I didn’t have them and they were supposed to check it out and get back with me. I have yet to hear back from any of them and have not got my check back yet either. And I have yet to have anything done or hear from them and he was here on 11-28-11. Something is wrong somewhere.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2012

THV now Primax sold me a door in September 2011. It was installed on January 3, 2012. The door was too large for my opening and two sides of my door frame was removed and never replaced. On the outside of my entryway, the wood was removed and insulation and aluminum flashing caulked heavily all over the opening. The molding of the door was cut off several inches and massive amounts of caulk left to cover the cuts and to fill in the mitered joints.

I took pictures of my door to the showroom. Amy called the installer Gary and told him to come and take care of my door because the pictures are ugly. Amy told me that this was not the only complaint that they had received. I requested that Gary not be sent back to my house but was told that was my only choice. I feel that my door has been compromised by this butchered install job.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2011

Primax called and said that I had won a prize when I was at Meade County Fair. It was a sale plot for windows. We looked into their windows and thought of purchasing them but decided not to. Primax sent two salesmen out and we decided to get them if they could finance them. So, I ran a credit check and all was well, so far. Then, they said there was a 9.9 interest rate and that was agreed upon. Now, they changed the interest and did not put correct windows in and won't fix them, and also, they threatened my wife.

Original review: May 11, 2010

I bought Primax Windows almost a year ago. At first, I was reluctant to buy but after talking to the sales person (Logan), I purchased windows for the front and sides of my house. Even after I bought, I still had some other companies come out. I soon realized that Primax had a much more up to date product and to say the least a much better product. So after making a bet with the sales person that I would not cut my heating bills in half (and losing) I am writing this post. The service I received from the company was great. I did have a tear on one of my screens during installation, but the serviceman came out the next week with my new screen. My windows have made a huge difference in my utility bills and have really cut the noise of the Airport down. Highly recommended.

Original review: March 28, 2010

I just want to ask how much a Primax triple pane window has sold for in the past? I have just spent $12,000.00 for 10 windows. Is this about right, or did I get snow balled? Is this a good price?

Original review: March 13, 2010

I purchased a bay window and Primax Window Co., Inc. installed it. Now after 8 years, my window is now leaking and may have ruined my wall under my window including my bay window damage. The wall under the window is wet and bulging and the top of bay window may have water damage. I need to know what to do or should I say what they plan on doing to resolve this problem.

Compozit Home Systems Company Information