2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

BEHR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I've been renting my apartment for ten years. It has hallway, kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. In the past decade, each of those rooms was painted twice. I'm actually about to re-paint my kitchen. Every single room has different color. Only two rooms (living room and bedroom) were special order. Other rooms I painted with, which is called "oops color". I getting my Behr color from Home Depot. So every time I'm at Home Depot, I'm checking for "oops color", and if I like it, I get it. I used white for ceilings, window trimming and doors. This is my go to brand, because is budget friendly, easy to maintain. Usually magic eraser takes care of any marks. I usually choosing egg shell or matte finish. It really withstands even high traffic area like hallway and kitchen. And color pallet choice is endless.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

So I've had my Galaxy S8+ for a little over 3 years now and I've never had a problem till recently in August. I had a small accident where I cracked my screen but the phone would still work. Anywho I figured the best thing to do is file a claim to get it repaired and sure enough I did just that. The company provided me with a new phone the very next day even though my phone was like 5 states away from where I was and even at that they had no problem delivering in time while there was a tropical storm in the presence. Thanks again Guy. I really appreciate it!

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Painting a deck top and bottom. My spouse wanted Cedar Semi-Transparent. 1st step was high pressure wash entire deck - top and bottom then waited 48 hours. We hand painted with brush only after air temperature was 85'f so old deck wood was warm to absorb paint. Those 2 inch guard rails took 3 coats and that was a learning curve for rest of top side. On the bottom it looked too Orange, so we moved on to Solid Redwood stain which was a great combination of color. Bottom of deck was painted with sprayer and very little touch up after removing barrier plastic. It looks fantastic. Quality will be determined in 6 yrs. Oh Ya - 3rd story deck above 1st story and 2nd story desk on other side of house!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Behr paint has always been superior quality for a decent price. I like the coverage because I rarely require a primer. I purchase interior eggshell paint most frequently because we repaint our interior walls about every three to four years. I like the satin for bathrooms because I don't like a high gloss, but I appreciate the ability to be able to wipe those walls down. I am mostly a Menards shopper because of pricing, but when it comes to paint, I go to Home Depot specifically for Behr paint. The Paint Dept originally steered me to this brand when I became a first-time homeowner. I've tried other brands, but I stick to Behr for their consistency, quality, and price.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Hello, about 6 years ago we bought BEHR Stain from Home Depot here in Canada for our large deck. While the stain on the walls and sides aged very well, within 2 years the stain on the deck floor started peeling. We thought we'd applied it correctly, but we definitely needed to re-stain it since it was now almost 6 years later.

The salesperson at Home Depot recommended that we contact BEHR to tell them of our experience to see if they might help us. Wow are we ever glad we did. They said, "Don't worry, we stand by our products and will be happy to help you out". They sure did!!

They sent a form requesting photos of where the stain came off. I didn't even have my original receipt. I told them I had 2 gallons left over from the original staining and they recommended I don't use it as it was too old.

They took the dimensions of my deck and calculated I'd need 5 gallons. They also said I'd need 2 gallons of a pre treatment. They told me to go to the store and buy the supplies and they would reimburse me, not only for the new stain and cleaning products, but for the 2 GALLONS OF STAIN I DIDNT USE that I originally purchased. Wow!

I am sitting here looking at a check for over $500 that they mailed to me within 2 weeks.

I have at my age bought product from 100's of companies. As my house was a new build I dealt with many warranty people for issues after the build.

I can say with certainty I have never, ever had such honourable, kind and efficient customer service in my life. It seems there is always a catch with warranties, but not with BEHR. The new stain looks great and is solid. It won't peel this time. They gave me detailed advice on how to reapply it.

Thank you to BEHR and it is rare to see a company with such integrity. Love your products and I guarantee I will be a life long customer of BEHR.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Well, I haven't used the brands mentioned above this brand. They are just too pricey. Painting is a difficult task. Getting a good brand determines how long it will last. The paint and primer is a must. This brand is affordable for it's quality.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I have used Behr paints to renovate multiple homes. I absolutely love the quality as well as the affordability. Easy to create a new color palette. My daughter has a variety of colors in her room as she has a UNICORN wall.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I took a chance on BEHR due to mold on my walls and I went to Home Depot for BEHR. The paint worked great. The color I chose matched what was already painted throughout the apartment and I only needed 1-2 coats. It also said it helps with prevention of future mold which I think it did because I haven’t noticed any mold spots in the room.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Buy BEHR paint. You'll never be disappointed. Cleans easy. Rich luxurious color. Professional look. I wont use anything else. Lasts forever. Worth it. The finishing touch. Love it. I cant say enough.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I love BEHR paint. They have a variety of colors to choose from. I have used other brands in the past, but Behr brand has been the best for me cause the colors are so vibrant and smooth. The paint also last for a long time.

BEHR author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BEHR makes interior and exterior paints and primers, wood stains, finishes, strippers, cleaners, floor coatings, sealants and specialty products like stucco and roof paints.

• ColorSmart tool: You can preview BEHR colors by choosing a stock image of a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room or home exterior or by uploading your own image. With a click, you can select a color and “paint” the walls to see how they would look. Choose from preselected coordinated palettes, or select your own colors for a custom look.

• Inspiration galleries: Check out BEHR’s inspiration galleries on its website for style and color ideas for the inside and outside of your home. You can view up-to-date style trends and project ideas.

• Where to buy BEHR paint: BEHR paint can be purchased at any Home Depot location. You can also buy paint samples, gallons and five gallons online.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BEHR Company Information