4.9/5 (81 ratings)

About BEHR

BEHR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

We have a really old house, build in 1912. It's super dusty because there's no return ducts. We have replaced all the plaster walls and slats with new insulation and drywall. I'm sooo happy we chose BEHR paint! Not only are the colors exceptionally beautiful but it only took 2 coats with no prime! I can easily wipe off my 2 year olds drawings. I don't like that glossy look, even with the matte it comes right off! I recommend this paint to anyone for any project! We've been buying BEHR for every little project. From painting the interior, deck, porch, even a dresser!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

BEHR is not considered a "Professional" paint, but I have had several of my homes painted entirely with BEHR paint. You cannot beat the quality for the price. It is easy to use even for a non-pro painter like myself. Some of my favorite colors have been repeated from house to house, there is always a Home Depot available to help no matter where you live. Even navy blue walls can be covered completely to a beautiful off white in one coat with their Paint and Primer. And, they can match any other paint that has been used in your home. They are my "go-to" paint!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

This paint is very Reliable, generally coats well with one coat. Reliable to color, accurate color samples. Good quality paint and very easy to use. Dries evenly. I have been using this paint since I bought my first house 25 years ago. The staff in the paint department at Home Depot can match any color and they know how to steer you away from shiny paint in some rooms vs a soft suede finish in others. They have always been knowledgeable and very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Hands down Behr paint is the best. I have used Behr paint in the past and I'm a customer for life. 15 years ago I bought my home for me and my 2 kids. Each room needed a different color paint. There were 5 colors I chose. One color different for each of the kids room. Light pink for my daughters room and light navy blue for my sons. The playroom was a light yellow. I chose Behr paint over the competitors because of the reviews and massive color choice. Markings on the kids walls were a breeze to erase and clean. To this day it still looks like the rooms were painted yesterday. I would recommend Behr paint for all your indoor painting jobs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Behr paints and stains are of high quality from color to coverage on the surface. They provide an array of colors that meet all of our family needs. I use Behr Stains for my fence and it has preserved the wood for years. The stain and protection last about 5 years. It has prevented the wood from turning colors and rotting. It has protected against weather and extreme temperatures. Inside our home I have used Behr to paint our finished basement, living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms. It has lasted. The walls look great and are easy to clean from marks or fingerprints. This is a product I have used for a number of years. I would strongly recommend the Behr line to friends, family, and anyone who asked.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I’ve used BEHR paint for years, painting the entire interior of my home (including my kitchen cabinets!). I think there could be more variety in the colors that are offered, however, the paint quality is phenomenal. My ultimate test was when I painted over a dark blue wall with cream colored paint and it only took one coat and then a couple of touch ups!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Used this paint as part of flat renovation, and it looks luxurious and decent enough to make it look like a new house. Friends are also surprised with the authenticity of the branding and quality. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Great product, with primer and paint mixed together you don't spend a lot of time on painting your rooms. Paint dries faster which means you get to enjoy the work you have done faster. With the beautiful colors that you have picked for your rooms.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

BEHR paint is my favorite because it goes on so smoothly. It dries rapidly. I don’t need to go over my walls more than once. It’s not too cheap or expensive. The colors come out looking bright and fabulous

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Paint is a little more expensive than some other brands and color choices are about as what I expected to find. Quality was great. Painted walls and was nice. I would love to see a little more on the color schemes and maybe a slightly more competitive pricing.

BEHR author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BEHR makes interior and exterior paints and primers, wood stains, finishes, strippers, cleaners, floor coatings, sealants and specialty products like stucco and roof paints.

• ColorSmart tool: You can preview BEHR colors by choosing a stock image of a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room or home exterior or by uploading your own image. With a click, you can select a color and “paint” the walls to see how they would look. Choose from preselected coordinated palettes, or select your own colors for a custom look.

• Inspiration galleries: Check out BEHR’s inspiration galleries on its website for style and color ideas for the inside and outside of your home. You can view up-to-date style trends and project ideas.

• Where to buy BEHR paint: BEHR paint can be purchased at any Home Depot location. You can also buy paint samples, gallons and five gallons online.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BEHR Company Information