4.5/5 (344 ratings)

About BEHR

BEHR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have used Behr paint for about two decades. Recently I went to Home Depot, the exclusive supplier of Behr paint, to choose paint for a couple of projects around the house. I chose my colors and an associate asked what the projects were, and then the paint was tinted and ready. When I get home I notice that while the tint label on one can says "gallon", and the associate referred to that can using the word "gallon" that the can only contained 119 ounces, not 128 ounces (standard U.S. Gallon).

This same issue occurred with the quart cans I was also purchasing. The quarts were 29 ounces, not 32 (standard U.S. Gallon). The five gallon buckets had 4.92 gallons. This is occurring in every Home Depot store and online. Online, Home Depot has photoshopped the actual quantity printed on the can out of the product pictures. All online product information uses standard U.S. liquid measurements in both the description and the specifics. All associates refer to the various pain can sizes as quart, gallon, etc., not as 119 ounces, 29 ounces and 4.92 gallons. Customers are being actively misled regarding the quantity of paint they think they are purchasing.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I've always been a fan of Behr paints and always use them when painting the interior of my house. About seven years ago, I had the exterior of my house painted with Behr in a lovely shade of green. I counted on the quality of the paint to hold up, however, it is now clear that the areas exposed to the sun have faded to a completely different shade. It's very disappointing that I'm going to have to get my house repainted again so soon, but the differences in the shades are so obvious, my house looks like it's two different colors.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I’ve used BEHR paint for years, painting the entire interior of my home (including my kitchen cabinets!). I think there could be more variety in the colors that are offered, however, the paint quality is phenomenal. My ultimate test was when I painted over a dark blue wall with cream colored paint and it only took one coat and then a couple of touch ups!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Used this paint as part of flat renovation, and it looks luxurious and decent enough to make it look like a new house. Friends are also surprised with the authenticity of the branding and quality. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Great product, with primer and paint mixed together you don't spend a lot of time on painting your rooms. Paint dries faster which means you get to enjoy the work you have done faster. With the beautiful colors that you have picked for your rooms.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

BEHR paint is my favorite because it goes on so smoothly. It dries rapidly. I don’t need to go over my walls more than once. It’s not too cheap or expensive. The colors come out looking bright and fabulous

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Paint is a little more expensive than some other brands and color choices are about as what I expected to find. Quality was great. Painted walls and was nice. I would love to see a little more on the color schemes and maybe a slightly more competitive pricing.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I like this paint because it provides good coverage and a variety of colors. It has the primer in the paint. The price is good and cleanup is a breeze! I would recommend this paint. It lasts well and you can clean.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Great variety and selection. The paint that includes primer requires a lot more than one coat. Especially on new construction. Recommend using a dedicated primer in a neutral color before using. Overall a decent generic paint for budget projects. If doing professional quality work recommend Sherwin Williams.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I Like the color selection, product is easy to cover, no odors! I have Used BEHR for inside and outside. The Outside hasn't faded or peeled. Still looks great after 8 years of Indiana weather!! Also easy clean up.

BEHR author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BEHR makes interior and exterior paints and primers, wood stains, finishes, strippers, cleaners, floor coatings, sealants and specialty products like stucco and roof paints.

• ColorSmart tool: You can preview BEHR colors by choosing a stock image of a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room or home exterior or by uploading your own image. With a click, you can select a color and “paint” the walls to see how they would look. Choose from preselected coordinated palettes, or select your own colors for a custom look.

• Inspiration galleries: Check out BEHR’s inspiration galleries on its website for style and color ideas for the inside and outside of your home. You can view up-to-date style trends and project ideas.

• Where to buy BEHR paint: BEHR paint can be purchased at any Home Depot location. You can also buy paint samples, gallons and five gallons online.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BEHR Company Information