4.60/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

15 BEHR Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 27, 2018

I can paint a room with this paint and only use one coat. It covers the walls and ceiling well. It offers many colors and there is a color for everyone. I highly recommend BEHR. They offer a paint for all your needs. I selected the paint from previous experience. It met my needs very well and it is the paint I tend to buy.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Everything about this paint is great. Nice quality. I'm a very happy customer. I really love it. The paint is non-toxic and dries fast and that is something that I really value. Overall, I had a great experience.

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I like that paint and primer are in one paint. I chose BEHR because of its reliability and reputation. I like the durability and washability. I also like the ability to choose from glossy to matte finishing. The colors mix well and you can customize them to your liking. But the paint is a little bit more expensive than others. It's available in smaller quantities at major home improvement centers. The colors are great, but other paints like Valspar have a more saturation of color.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I chose BEHR because in my opinion it is the best paint on the market. It fits my needs, covers well, and have primer included in some of the products. I really like the colors that are available. It is durable paint that holds up for many years and reasonably priced. There are lots of customer service help at the Home Depot where I buy this paint.

Original review: March 13, 2018

We selected Behr because it advertised low fumes and we have a child in the house. I was surprised how low the odor was. It definitely had no smell so it was safe to use around children. We also chose it because we didn't want to have to use a primer coat. It also dried super quick and did not need another coat. And it seems to resist fingerprints and smudges. I like everything about it except for the price. I think it was a little steep. I understand that it is high quality paint and definitely worth the price but if I could change one thing it would be to make it more affordable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?

Original review: March 12, 2018

I selected this paint because it is a brand I am used to and have always liked and get good results from. It is a thick paint that coats very well and the colors are very bright. It is easy to mix and also easy to apply to the surface you are painting. It dries quickly to put the second coat without having to wait a very long time. It has the primer included but seems to get less coverage than the other paint I have got in the past without the primer. It seems to go on the roller very thick and it is difficult to use a brush with.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was very impressed with this brand BEHR and will definitely buy again. It was a good quality and they had a lot of color choices. I was impressed with the events of the coats and how smoothly it went on and looked really great. Overall good brand, but if you were to improve one thing it would be maybe a little thicker. I had to do three layers of the paint to get my ideal color.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I like BEHR's colors and the long lasting of the product. It’s always worth the money to me. It never lets me down and I get what I expect from it every time. Overall it is a good experience shopping, buying and using it every time. It is my go to paint brand and probably will be for a while.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

BEHR paint provides good coverage and lasts a long time. It is a good quality product. I would use it again. It costs about thirty dollars a gallon though and I would make it less expensive. I would like it to cost about twenty dollars per gallon.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

BEHR was the cheapest and I didn’t have much money to spend on paint. I liked the paint and very good quality and we didn’t need too many coats for it to look good. I also loved the color option I had for my daughter’s room.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

BEHR's price is practically a steal compared to other brands. This paint coats so well and one of the many pros of this product is the absence of smell of paint. Every time we use this paint for a project the finish is flawless. This is the best paint I have ever used and I love it! My family and I will even go out of the way to purchase the brand because of this amazing quality.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I like the Behr paint and selected this brand because it was paint and primer all in one. It covers well in one coat so you will save time using it to finish the job. It dries fast and the color looks exactly as you think it will be. It is a good paint product at a decent price.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

The price of BEHR is reasonable and it is carried at Home Depot. I liked the large number of color shades it came in and I prefer semi gloss which they carried. The one feature I would prefer is covers in one coat. Especially if you are painting over a dark color. A little thicker to decrease drips would be helpful. Nevertheless, the BEHR paint was easy to mix and easy to apply.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

BEHR was reasonably priced considering the quality of paint. It requires only one coat of paint. No primer necessary or multiple coats for a smooth finish or to cover walls completely. This brand was recommended by family member who was very pleased as was I. BEHR exceeded my expectations. I'm very satisfied with performance.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Selected this brand for color option and pricing but the color purchased did not apply to the white walls as true as the sample provided in store. Applied darker than expected and had to add white to the color to get shading closer to sample. But it's low odor, good quality for the price and happy with the wall coverage. Would purchase again but will choose lighter tone and would like to see color closer to store sample.

BEHR expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BEHR makes interior and exterior paints and primers, wood stains, finishes, strippers, cleaners, floor coatings, sealants and specialty products like stucco and roof paints.

• ColorSmart tool: You can preview BEHR colors by choosing a stock image of a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room or home exterior or by uploading your own image. With a click, you can select a color and “paint” the walls to see how they would look. Choose from preselected coordinated palettes, or select your own colors for a custom look.

• Inspiration galleries: Check out BEHR’s inspiration galleries on its website for style and color ideas for the inside and outside of your home. You can view up-to-date style trends and project ideas.

• Where to buy BEHR paint: BEHR paint can be purchased at any Home Depot location. You can also buy paint samples, gallons and five gallons online.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BEHR Company Information

www.behr.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business