2. Miscellaneous

4.8/5 (294 ratings)

About BEHR

BEHR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BEHR?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Hands down Behr paint is the best. I have used Behr paint in the past and I'm a customer for life. 15 years ago I bought my home for me and my 2 kids. Each room needed a different color paint. There were 5 colors I chose. One color different for each of the kids room. Light pink for my daughters room and light navy blue for my sons. The playroom was a light yellow. I chose Behr paint over the competitors because of the reviews and massive color choice. Markings on the kids walls were a breeze to erase and clean. To this day it still looks like the rooms were painted yesterday. I would recommend Behr paint for all your indoor painting jobs.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Behr paints and stains are of high quality from color to coverage on the surface. They provide an array of colors that meet all of our family needs. I use Behr Stains for my fence and it has preserved the wood for years. The stain and protection last about 5 years. It has prevented the wood from turning colors and rotting. It has protected against weather and extreme temperatures. Inside our home I have used Behr to paint our finished basement, living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedrooms. It has lasted. The walls look great and are easy to clean from marks or fingerprints. This is a product I have used for a number of years. I would strongly recommend the Behr line to friends, family, and anyone who asked.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I've been renting my apartment for ten years. It has hallway, kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. In the past decade, each of those rooms was painted twice. I'm actually about to re-paint my kitchen. Every single room has different color. Only two rooms (living room and bedroom) were special order. Other rooms I painted with, which is called "oops color". I getting my Behr color from Home Depot. So every time I'm at Home Depot, I'm checking for "oops color", and if I like it, I get it. I used white for ceilings, window trimming and doors. This is my go to brand, because is budget friendly, easy to maintain. Usually magic eraser takes care of any marks. I usually choosing egg shell or matte finish. It really withstands even high traffic area like hallway and kitchen. And color pallet choice is endless.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Painting a deck top and bottom. My spouse wanted Cedar Semi-Transparent. 1st step was high pressure wash entire deck - top and bottom then waited 48 hours. We hand painted with brush only after air temperature was 85'f so old deck wood was warm to absorb paint. Those 2 inch guard rails took 3 coats and that was a learning curve for rest of top side. On the bottom it looked too Orange, so we moved on to Solid Redwood stain which was a great combination of color. Bottom of deck was painted with sprayer and very little touch up after removing barrier plastic. It looks fantastic. Quality will be determined in 6 yrs. Oh Ya - 3rd story deck above 1st story and 2nd story desk on other side of house!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Behr paint has always been superior quality for a decent price. I like the coverage because I rarely require a primer. I purchase interior eggshell paint most frequently because we repaint our interior walls about every three to four years. I like the satin for bathrooms because I don't like a high gloss, but I appreciate the ability to be able to wipe those walls down. I am mostly a Menards shopper because of pricing, but when it comes to paint, I go to Home Depot specifically for Behr paint. The Paint Dept originally steered me to this brand when I became a first-time homeowner. I've tried other brands, but I stick to Behr for their consistency, quality, and price.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I’ve used BEHR paint for years, painting the entire interior of my home (including my kitchen cabinets!). I think there could be more variety in the colors that are offered, however, the paint quality is phenomenal. My ultimate test was when I painted over a dark blue wall with cream colored paint and it only took one coat and then a couple of touch ups!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Used this paint as part of flat renovation, and it looks luxurious and decent enough to make it look like a new house. Friends are also surprised with the authenticity of the branding and quality. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Great product, with primer and paint mixed together you don't spend a lot of time on painting your rooms. Paint dries faster which means you get to enjoy the work you have done faster. With the beautiful colors that you have picked for your rooms.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

BEHR paint is my favorite because it goes on so smoothly. It dries rapidly. I don’t need to go over my walls more than once. It’s not too cheap or expensive. The colors come out looking bright and fabulous

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Paint is a little more expensive than some other brands and color choices are about as what I expected to find. Quality was great. Painted walls and was nice. I would love to see a little more on the color schemes and maybe a slightly more competitive pricing.

BEHR author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

BEHR makes interior and exterior paints and primers, wood stains, finishes, strippers, cleaners, floor coatings, sealants and specialty products like stucco and roof paints.

• ColorSmart tool: You can preview BEHR colors by choosing a stock image of a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room or home exterior or by uploading your own image. With a click, you can select a color and “paint” the walls to see how they would look. Choose from preselected coordinated palettes, or select your own colors for a custom look.

• Inspiration galleries: Check out BEHR’s inspiration galleries on its website for style and color ideas for the inside and outside of your home. You can view up-to-date style trends and project ideas.

• Where to buy BEHR paint: BEHR paint can be purchased at any Home Depot location. You can also buy paint samples, gallons and five gallons online.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

BEHR Company Information