4.7/5 (319 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

You don't have to continually call Orkin to come out. I'm on a schedule and they're always there. I use their service for rodents inside the house as well as for mosquitoes outside the house. I recommend them to a lot of my friends.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I love Orkin. I haven't seen bugs since they started and the reps had been super nice. They helped me out and answered questions. I'm satisfied with Orkin. They come usually around the time they say. They're polite, and are in and out. I'm very happy with Orkin and people should use them.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Orkin comes once a month and the reps always come from Lincoln. Several times, they come from Omaha because Orkin has staffing shortages. A guy was here several weeks ago and did a fine job.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Roger ** came to our home and successfully got rid of our clothes moth problem. Roger understood the problem and dusted our problem areas and then monitored the problem for four weeks. We appreciated Roger's knowledge and professionalism. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

So far, the service has been good. They are more responsive in realizing that people are not necessarily people who work. So, that has been definitely a good thing. They're more responsive even on the weekends when schedules may have to be changed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I called Orkin because Terminix couldn't come out as soon as I wanted. We have had a rodent problem for many years and have kept it to a minimum. Recently we have had rats in the neighborhood and they have entered our home. I called a professional figuring I would get almost immediate results. We caught one mouse only after I re-baited a trap, but no rat results. Second technician came out and still nothing. I am extremely disappointed after shelling out over $400 and then they would charge $90 a month. This is robbery in my eyes.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

There was evidence of more than one roach and initially, I saw someone from Orkin once a week, and then the situation got better. I had the same tech for years and he was great. I've also met young people who were very enthusiastic about it, but they don't last long. I had a new tech and he was great. He was a little more interesting than the previous tech.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

My interaction so far any time I've called the office has been great. I've had some really good techs in the past and a couple of not-as-great and not as thorough ones but the one I have now for my pest is incredible. Anytime I have a new question or concern he addresses it. But I'm not impressed with the new scheduling that has been put in place. We used to be on a regular schedule but with the new system, if a date had to be changed whether it be from Orkin or from me, the computer would automatically go, "Oh, okay. Two months from today". I used to have the visits like on the second week of the month and then all of a sudden, it was way later in the month. Now I have no clue when they come.

A lot of times, they still send out the computer text message or email saying, "Your visit is coming up soon". The office people are really good about it if I call and I need it rescheduled. I was having to call quite a bit to have them reschedule for me over the years. So, I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Gerson is my serviceman every two weeks. He is patient, knowledgeable, always on time and lets me know when he is on my property, he is professional and a really great asset to your Orkin staff! He also informs me if he sees any issues that concern him.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

The techs from Orkin usually just come and do their business and go on, which is fine with me. There are times that I'm not at home but I am rest assured that they have done what they were supposed to do. I've not seen any pests in the house since we started this program.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Orkin has a great group of people that appear to work well with their customers. I can call them up any time after standard application if a bug problem reoccurs and they will send a technician quickly to resolve it. Joshua, our technician is very friendly and does a great job taking care of any bug problems at our house and our tenants' house.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have called ORKIN and they are not responding to my calls. I have an infestation of yellow jackets in my basement. If you can't help me I will look for another service... Please call me and come to my address or I will look for someone else. Are you understaffed or administrators on vacation???

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Always shows up on time, very carefully does the required spraying and trap checking. Technician puts on booties so as not to dirty the floor. Gets our approval before he leaves. Submits final invoice for our records. Most satisfactory results.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have been using Orkin Pest control ever since I purchased my current home in August of. 1970. They have been very effective and a real pleasure to deal with.

I have had no complaints of any nature during my extensive tenure with Orkin. Their Service Tech (Randy **) has been and continues to be the most attentive and considerate technician I have had the pleasure to work with. Five stars for the service and technician.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Our Orkin representative, Kenneth, has excellent product knowledge and has a customer satisfaction mentality. He is a great asset to your organization. He is always on time and greets us very warmly. His aim is to completely satisfy his customers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I've used Orkin over the past several decades, whenever I've perceived a pest problem. Each time, the service techs have been excellent, explained what they found (or, thankfully, didn't), what was done, etc. If a new concern arose, such as a wasp or hornet nest, they took care of it also. I recommend Orkin to friends and continue to use them, even if they are a bit more expensive for service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Andre and the local branch were extremely helpful in dealing with an issue that we just faced in our home. He went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. My only concern is central scheduling and getting through the phone lines. Website displays hours that do not match the call center and that’s super frustrating as a repeat consumer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

As always when I called for a pest in my home, they sent someone to take care the problem. He was very courteous and efficient. He resolved the problem in a timely manner. I would recommend Orkin to everyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The agent thoroughly checks for activity and sprays for bugs and answers questions and is very professional. We are very satisfied with continuing Orkin service. Even when there are different service agents the work is always done professionally.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We are so happy w/ Matthew. He’s always thorough & courteous. We now have no issue w/ insects inside or out! The BEST part is that he got rid of our huge carpenter ant problem! We’re extremely grateful for that in particular.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We're new to the Orkin family and so far are very impressed! The technicians always show up on time and are very friendly and professional. They let us know which services we actually need for our situation and which ones would be overkill. We're happy to continue our business with Orkin.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Joe was very patient. Answered all questions. Helped rid wasp nests that we had under the eaves on our porch. Easy going and helpful. Took his time and made us feel informed and that we can contact Orkin with any problems, if any.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I have automatic scheduling with Orkin but sometimes, it depends on what I got going on. My representative is Curtis. I know him pretty well for the past year now that he'd been providing me service. He’s got great customer service. He gives me great information on what he's doing. Everything that he's doing shows progress within the house. So, I'm very happy.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The service technician that came out here is excellent. His name is Josh. I really appreciate the scheduling that Orkin does in advance. When they say that they're going to be here in a two-hour window, that's when they're here. Orkin has been faithful with that scheduling commitment. Josh is always good to call in advance. So, I give him high marks all the way around. If we have a problem in between scheduled services, I call, and they're out here very shortly to deal with whatever the problem is.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Always on time and will come out promptly if we have additional concerns. I like the text notifications letting us know when they have arrived. Our ant problem has been eliminated. Very friendly. Like a neighbor. Would recommend to a friend.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Once Orkin established what needed to be done years ago when I started in service, it was just a matter of control. Every time the reps come to visit, they ask how things have been going with the pest and around the house. They listen to that and then treat the facility to address those concerns, and any other everyday preventative measures that they would do. In an event that Orkin automatically schedules in a timeframe that I can't deal with, I don't even have to call them, I simply go on the website, request to reschedule and it gives me a date that I can work with. Orkin has had some cost increases prior to all these inflationary measures. Other than the cost, they do a good job. I'm satisfied with what they're doing in keeping the pests under control in my house in Illinois.

Original review: June 19, 2022

The Orkin techs are personal, efficient and competent. They have fixed a decades long insect problem. In a decade or so I think we have asked them to only come back once possibly twice before they were scheduled to. Personally, our tech also works out his schedule with hours and takes all kinds of things in the consideration that benefited my mom.

Original review: June 16, 2022

We are very happy with our Orkin service. Our technician, Bob, is the best. He is always on-time and very friendly. He even brings treats for our dogs. The office staff, Betty, is always friendly and helpful when we call for assistance. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 16, 2022

We like the service a lot. Our service person, Dan, is excellent, and he made the difference in our wanting to stay with Orkin. We had a service provider before that was not very good and we were thinking about dropping the service until Dan came. He's very thorough, efficient, and pleasant, and does just a great job.

Original review: June 15, 2022

If Orkin is as professional as Hersh Exterminating was, and so far, it has been, then our house will be bug/rodent/varmint free--until I open a door. Richard, your agent is great, professional, kind, knowledgeable, competent, consistent, willing-to-go-the-extra-mile-kinda-guy.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information