Orkin Pest Control
3.31/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control

Looking for a pest control company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

My apartment complex hired Orkin to come and inspect after I moved in back in 2012 and I like the guy, but he lacks professionalism as I've had to get my apartment sprayed for bed bugs in 2013 and recently he looks for fleas and told me I didnt have them. Guess what. I do and this is the second time I've had to hire someone to take care of my apartment. He hasnt sprayed the outside of my building in a couple of years and when he comes to inspect he is on his phone in/ out. I'm disappointed and may ask my apartment complex if I can refuse him as I've had to hire someone to come to my studio apartment to treat it and I have to remove myself and cat. So disappointed in Orkin. I do not recommend them at all.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I have one mice, I called Orkin to get rid of the problem. Oh No. 1st time coming out the rep didn't even put a trap in the kitchen where it hangs out. Within that week I saw the mice again, someone different came out. Still didn't resolve the problem. My daughter seen it again, call Orkin to come out. This is the 3rd time.... still no results... I'm pissed now, I'm sitting on the couch. Guess who just come out? The mice. What the.... I'm done with this bogus company!!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Do not use them! Roto-Rooter recommended them and they were no good. They charged my credit card twice and did not fix my problem! Try someone else but leave Orkin alone. Check your bank and credit card statements. Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When I called them about my mouse problem they came out and started a year contract with me. After about six months the infestation got so bad that I called and talked to the Skokie mgr. He sent someone else out and they suggested that I get my house treated with a steel wool like material that would be shoved between my shingles. They guaranteed that if I spent this 1000 and some change that this would get rid of the problem. On top of that I had this yearly contract with them which even offered me better protection. I went ahead and signed a electronic device, did not get a hard copy of what I was signing in till months later when I asked for it.

Fast forward a year later still had the infestation the mgr came out because I was so upset to see a mouse in the bed of my grandbaby. The mgr finally told me that he could not do anymore and that there were places like my washer line that needed to be filled before he could get rid of the problem. Okay fair enough but couldn't you of told me this at the first inspection that you Guaranteed me no more mice problem, instead of insuring me that you have seen and gotten rid of worse. So after 50 a month and a thousand and some odd dollars the only thing that I got rid of was ORKIN. :( Also to make things worse do not sign up for auto pay. They take their money before the actual service. Honesty is the best policy something I feel you are not transparent about.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I had a spider in my sun room that I thought was a kissing bug so I called Orkin to treat for insects. I’ve never had a problem with roaches in my life. Now ever since they came out and they have been twice I’m seeing roaches. They say did the whole house but and outside but it sure was fast. Where did these bugs come from? I heard people say that they will plant bugs in your home but I didn’t believe that but I’m fed up with this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

At first I was positively impressed by Orkin’s fast response; I had an ant infestation and called them on a Thursday evening after 9pm, hoping to leave a voice message and schedule a visit for two days after the call, but a representative answered my call right away and scheduled a visit for the next day. The same person talked about the plans they offered and I choose the one time visit (that would give me 30 days to be sure the ants were gone) he insisted on putting me on the monthly plan, but I insisted on the one time visitation and hang the phone certain that he had honored my request.

The representative who came to my house, Danny; told me that my order was designated as monthly and that I should wait to cancel it after few days but I insisted on changing the order to what I have requested and paying the price for it; Danny told me that he would change the order and keep the price and since they had made the mistake, I accepted his offer.

Danny contacted me a week later to know if that were ants, since there still were some inside the outside planters, he offered to send me his availabilities for the next week, but never did. The next Monday, since I didn’t hear from him, I called the company and requested the follow up visit, complained about his disappearance and on the next Wednesday, the same person came to my house again to reapply the venom.

A week later he sent me a text message, asking about the ants and I explained that there were still ants and asked if he could come the next day, he ignored my message for 24 hours, responding it on a Thursday evening that he could be at my house between 10 am and 12pm on the Friday. Since I was going to travel that day I declined his offer and called Orkin and talked to his supervisor about all the situation and how I would be out the 30 guaranteed days because his employee wasn’t a good planner; the guy assured me that they would send me a person as soon as I came back from my trip at no charge; we schedule date and time.

Well, that day came and Danny reapplied the venom, but since it was only outside and I had a meeting around the time he was suppose to come, I sent him instructions of how to enter and leave the backyard without needing me to be around. I thought it was the end of it, until yesterday I found a (charged) invoice of $50 for the follow-up visit in my junk mail.

I called the company and Debora, the person on the phone, promised to refund my card, but at the same time she started talking about how I changed my plan and tried to excuse all the employees behavior, so l lost my patience, told her that I was tired of dealing with them, and that I don’t need their apology, what I need from them is that they train their employees to honor the clients’ requests and from them to plan their day better so they don’t let clients waiting.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I am a very unhappy and dissatisfied customer. I started this deal with this company. I tried to cancel my contract with them. It's been 4 months now that I've been dealing with these people to try to close out my contract. And they keep taking money out of my account and causing overdrafts to my account. Which was supposed to be close 4 months ago and here I am still trying to get ahold of someone. Which is virtually impossible that's why I'm leaving this negative review of how bad their billing is and how hard it is to try to get ahold of someone to help you. They love to take the money out of your account but Don't like to return. So please if anyone from Orkin is reading this review. Contact me. I need to put an end to this problem and I'm not saying thank you.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Orkin came to my home to assess for termites. The tech went into the crawlspace and stated there was no termites. My lower level flooded and I had to pay due to my sump pump cord was knocked loose. The Orkin man knocked my sump pump cord loose and it had not been pumping. There was a pool in my crawlspace.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I called right away in the am to get the same day service like the website says and the call center was very helpful and pleasant. Said no problem. Made a same day appt for 12-2... Then we get a call from the office saying the call center has no idea what the schedules are and they can't come out for 6 days. By then I'll have 100 mice!!! Very upset. They said they are overbooked. THEN DON'T PUT SAME DAY SERVICE ON YOUR WEBSITE.. Called back after finding others who could come out as promised.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I hired Orkin to resolve a mouse issue in my two flat in Chicago in June of 2019. They came out an inspected, made recommendations and offered a service. Over the course of the next 3 months the mouse problem has gotten worse. When contacting Orkin they say that they are only scheduled to come out once a month to inspect the issue. Each time they come, they offer more solutions for ME as the home owner to install and perform. It is now the end of September and my tenant is moving out because the issue is not resolved. She has played video of the sounds they make at night and it's haunting. Orkin has been of little help and to date has not resolved the issue. Do not waste your time with them.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information