Orkin Pest Control
3.50/5

Looking for a pest control company?

Orkin Pest Control

Looking for a pest control company?

551 Orkin Pest Control Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

Nothing gets inside the house! Show up when they are supposed to. Leave the invoice on the door. Perfect. No mess, no problems. Very pleasant service men.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We checked for termites. They found none. The price was very expensive and if they had found some, I would have gotten a second opinion. I didn't care for the service person. He didn't seem very knowledgeable. I wanted the best but I didn't get it.

Original review: June 18, 2019

They charge entirely too much for no guarantee results. They did nothing for us with our very bad Possum problem. I ended up using a cage, motion ring cameras, cat food and several days to catch 6 Possums going under our place, stinking up the place and tearing things up. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I do not want to take too much time here, but the customer service from Orkin is horrible. They will sell you one thing over the phone when you are calling them for the first time, but the experience you receive from them actually doing the job is very subpar, from what I experienced. The tech was a very nice guy, but their services (from my experience) are not up to the expectations for what you will be paying on a monthly basis (Let alone the starting cost). The management team does not follow up on their phone calls and when you do get to speak with someone from their customer care team, they are rude and very defensive and will hang up the phone on you in your face. Truly unacceptable.

I called to cancel my services from them within a few days of their first visit and they did nothing but try and say I was wrong in my expectations from them. If I had known all of this when I called them to begin with, I would not have allowed them to come to my home, let alone charge me $111.00 for doing very basic services. I wish I would have asked for the last customer service lady name I spoke with on 6/12/2019 at around 11:55am, but I did not get a chance to before she hung up on me. It did not seem she cared to do anything other than read a book of the Orkin standards to me. I truly hope she is not the manager, because she does not have a genuine care for customer service. That is my perception from my interaction with her.

The company may have some great success with others, but for me it was a huge let down and I am deeply disappointed in their overall service. Overall, look elsewhere before coming to Orkin. They seem to care more collecting that first service fee and more about proving you wrong than being understanding and trying to fix the problem, like you would expect from a true customer focused organization.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The customer service and customer attitude is terrible! I made an appointment because I saw flying termites. They scheduled a free inspection. I informed them to call me ahead of time so I didn’t have to wait at home for four hours. They never called me but the inspector they came and did the inspection when my two daughters were home (13 and 18) neither of whom were informed enough to give them the details of my concerns. I called back that day. They said the tech would call me no later than the next day. I never heard from him the next day.

I called back again. They said they would call me the next day. By now three days have gone by and I am trying to get in touch with them and trying to give them my business. Asked to talk to the supervisor and they said they would call me back the next day. There are plenty of other termite companies in town who want my business and don’t want to make me work so hard for it. I own my own company and I don’t have time to spend four different occasions reaching them and hanging on the phone while waiting for an answer to no avail.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: May 24, 2019

I had a terrible flea issue so I called Orkin to have them come out, I had an appointment set up between 8-10 and I called to double checked the night before, the day of no one showed up, I called several times. Finally someone showed up. Almost 2 hours later I paid money to put all 3 of my animals in boarding getting flea treatments of their own while the house was being Treated. This was my first time using Orkin so when I came home that night and talked with a representative who assured me the fleas wouldn’t be of any harm to my animals (one is highly allergic to fleas) and the fleas would be all dead within 5 days.

Well a week passed and they were worst than before. I called to set up another appointment, I called several different times and have gotten several different answers on the same questions, it changes every time I call. I am beyond furious, this being my first time with them so with all these issues I wouldn’t recommend or even give one star. I paid $350 for them to kick me out of the house for 8 hours and not do anything to the actual issue. My cat is now having more issues than ever because I was told it would be safe for her from Orkin. So fed up. I don’t even want a second treatment because the first was so bad.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I called for a quote to get rid of mice this past winter 2019. All three people with which I spoke tried to use scare tactics to convince me that if I did any less than their $700/7-visit package, they can't guarantee their service. I stay in a detached single family house. I explained to them that I stayed in an apartment building with shared walls years ago and the entire building was infested, but after only 2 visits from maintenance I never had mice again. So I asked why it would take a professional company 7 times for something it took 2 times for a guy to do. Of course they had no answer. So I got in touch with my old apartment complex maintenance guy and paid him $50 to plug holes in my kitchen and basement and lay traps; which is exactly what Orkin said they would do. I haven't seen or heard a trace of a mouse since. For $50, NOT $700. It's extortion and I'm glad I ignored Orkin's lies.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I had called this company in 2017 to handle ant issue, last service June of 2018. They said the nest I had was there for 4-5 years and their product would kill the nest. Nope, just found one on my floor last night, they said their product does not last forever... Really, because it has not even been a year and now starting to have the same problem, spent over $800 because that is the only way they "Guarantee their product"?? They stated I have a new problem, no, these ants are very big. 3X the size of a regular Carpenter Ant and was advised by the Service Manager at the beginning that this is due to the nest that has been there from previous owners of my home.

If the product worked, they would not be still breeding or coming through the same areas as when Orkin was treating. I wasted the money and would never recommend them to anyone. I don't expect the product to last forever, but don't tell me it is a new problem when you were servicing this issue within the past year. Ignorance at its best.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I hired Orkin back in November of 2018 because I had seen a few mouse droppings and wanted to nip it in the bud. They came over right away and told me it would take a couple of weeks before I would be able to get rid of them. But instead of my problem going away it became worse. I would call and they would send the same person here and he would put down more poison and traps but it kept getting worse. They did send another person over who told me the first person did not seal the holes from the outside of the house and that is why I now have an infestation. He supposedly sealed the holes and again I waited. After 2-3 weeks I was still infested I asked for my money back so I could call someone else. They refused.

I couldn't take it anymore and hired someone else. In 2 days it got 95% better. Within a week my problem was gone. I suffered for 6 months with mice crawling all over my countertops, getting into my clothes, having to disinfect everything I touched. When I called Orkin they told me they would give me back half my money. I felt since I had to pay the full money to the new exterminator I wanted all my money back.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Orkin was called to help with mice removal. Did not work and they don’t care. Mice are back with a vengeance. All they did was set up mouse traps the 2 times they were here and that’s it. For $250.00 They never even came to pick up their equipment. But worse is the problem still exists and they do nothing to help. I would NEVER use Orkin again! They suck!

Orkin Pest Control Company Information