2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

4.5/5 (117 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I've had different technicians over the years but everybody's been great. The job gets done because it's outside usually and I don't have to be here. They usually create a barrier at the perimeter of the outside of the house. I don’t usually have them in the house but this visit was because we had a lot of ants coming in the upstairs bathroom. It was right after the bad storm. We also had the outside of the house pressure washed. The tech came in and put some of the clear poison goop in a few places in the bathroom upstairs. We still see the ants half a dozen times usually but they're usually not well. So they're on their way out. The regular visit is in November so I told the tech we'll wait until November instead of him having to do another perimeter thing.

Orkin is one of the best things we ever did because you don’t have to think about it. The money comes out on my credit card. One day I'll look at my bills and I'll see it. It means that somebody else is doing the work. Putting a barrier around the base of the perimeter seems to work and if the ants decide to cross that barrier, then they’re not gonna last very long once they get inside. Because they’ve already touched something toxic. We’re in Pawling, New York and we live right on the Great Swamp, which is a beautiful, natural area that goes for miles and miles. So we're not trying to kill every ant out there. We just like them to stay outside. So what we do and what Orkin does for us works. And it’s good for the environment. More people should do it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I love Orkin's service. It works really well for us. We don't have a lot of trouble with bugs now. If we ever have a problem with something inside the house, I just have to call, and they'll come out and do whatever they need to do. We've been in this house for almost 14 years now, and I've used them since we moved here. I have no complaints about the service at all and its efficacy as well as their willingness to come out and take care of something. If it's not even my appointment time, they'll come in between.

We've probably had five different technicians in our time with Orkin, and every one of them has been extremely professional. I have a pit bull, so lots of times, people are a little nervous about a big dog like that, and they've been very good. They're very personable people. They do a good job. They don't hang out too long, where I'm like, "I wish this guy will leave now." I always knew when they were coming, either through my email or sometimes they give me a call. It was never a huge surprise that they were showing up. I've seen them do their work. They have their little brush where they get all the cobwebs down. They're very efficient.

My current technician, Shelly, is wonderful. We love Shelly. We were having trouble with the big cockroaches coming in at certain times of the year. She said, "Those little devils, they really can't survive inside your house." I didn't know that but she was right. I saw one alive and I couldn't grab it, and the next day, it was on the floor dead. She said, "You don't need to worry that your house is getting infested with them or anything. But I know they're not fun to see. If you feel like you need me to come back out or anything, just let me know." She really put my mind at ease. When I've had people who just moved to Alabama and they complain about all the bugs, I always tell them, "Well, we use Orkin. We highly recommend them. They're definitely not the cheapest service, but you get what you pay for. And they're worth it."

Original review: June 18, 2021

Every couple of months, Orkin comes here automatically to see about the bait that's laid out. I also had an ant problem in my kitchen because of the rain. I truly liked this particular technician that came, Carlos. I watched him and he answered all my questions. He checked all the bait stations and he also checked every living thing in this house that had not been checked for quite a while. Even if he didn't know what he was doing, he was knowledgeable. He gave me extra time. He didn't rush me and I liked that because I was very worried. I would have liked him to continue coming here, but Orkin kept changing these guys on me, and some of them were not very good. One guy came here and I wouldn't allow him near anything. He was dressed poorly and he was dirty and it was a horror. I called Michelle at Orkin about it.

There was one problem that I called about and I had spoken to somebody else, and she was terrible on the phone. I mentioned about having to have the inside of the house checked and she brought up COVID and she started telling me that some people don't have shots because they religiously don't believe in it. I asked her what does that have to do with my service. I didn't understand what she was talking about and I didn't even think she was correct. I called back and spoke with Michelle and said that I didn't know who that was. Michelle didn't want to say anything incorrect to me because she was very professional, but she knew exactly what I was talking about. She got me the right person, time, and so forth. The person that was talking about COVID didn't have anything to do with this situation.

Original review: May 29, 2021

I love my Orkin tech. Her name is Shelly and she's amazing. She's been doing my service for a couple years now and she is so different than the other techs that have been out before. There was nothing wrong with them, they just went about their jobs, and the sooner they could get out, the better. But Shelly will stop, knock on the door, and with COVID, obviously taking those precautions, she stays outside. But she will ask me if I'm having any trouble with anything and if there is anything that they can do for me. She also tells me about things to look out for and goes that extra mile. You know when you get good service and when somebody really likes their job and cares about it.

Aside from that, it's really super easy to reschedule with Orkin and I've had to a couple times due to other work being done at the house. They're always really good about scheduling for when it works out for me. I really noticed the difference with them treating my pest problem every quarter. Where I live used to be cornfields and now it's kind of a new division. So we have these huge wolf spiders and they're these hairy things that if you step on them, you could probably see their legs from out underneath your shoes. They're huge and my neighbors still have issues with them but I do not. All in all, I'm super satisfied with Orkin. But, especially with COVID, the cost should remain the same when your inside is not being treated and just the outside is. When you get half the service, the price should be half the amount. But that's my only input on anything negative. Everything else is absolutely positive.

Orkin Pest Control response

Hi Jamie. Thank you for your positive feedback and for being a loyal customer. We're happy to hear that you're pleased with our service and your technician Shelly.

Original review: May 15, 2021

Orkin is proactive about scheduling. They would send me a notice and let me know that I'm on the schedule. And then if I have any questions, I can give them a call. I've done that a couple of times, because usually right around the springtime when they schedule me, they do it on a day it's supposed to rain. So I've had to move the schedule a couple of times because of rain. The guy said he checks the weather when he is scheduled to go to somebody's house. And what he tries to do, which is a good thing, is schedule inside services on rainy days, and then he would do the outside whenever it was not raining.

The guy came out a couple of days ago for mosquito control service. And then it started raining. But he said he could come back this coming week when it's drier. Because what he sprayed probably got washed off because of the rain. They did it last year and it worked out good, so I figured I’d have them try it again this year and see what it does. There was one guy before that who was iffy. But I've had three or four different people come out. But this last guy, has been out here for the last 12 months. When my scheduled service was due, he would be the same guy to come out and he has been good. Overall, it has been a good experience and a good service. The folks that come out are generally thorough, as far as taking care of the pests. And then, they send me an email identifying what types of critters they've been targeting. So far, I've been fully satisfied with what I got.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Glenn for your positive feedback.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

It took a month to merely verify the job was still in perfect working order. When the guys finally got there they did a wonderful job and did a full inspection even checking the attic crawl space which I would/could never do. As it turns out they did a great sale which will be done Sept 27th. Mercy! Why is this so expensive?? WE are old and my husband is in the beginning stage of dementia which we all know how this turns out. I am already at my age so very stressed and worry about the money it will take to provide good care for my husband when I am no longer able to do so.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I've been a lifelong Orkin customer and have always been satisfied with their fast, professional, courteous service. Anytime I needed special attention for a pest problem, Orkin has always responded immediately to address it. I couldn't be happier!

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Carolyn for the positive feedback and being a loyal Orkin customer.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Orkin has been taking care of spraying around my property for the past two years and they have always been professional and efficient. There is always notification before service and all is done quickly and thoroughly.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Donna for your positive feedback.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We moved in about a year ago, and immediately had a spider and ant issue… I contacted Orkin, and signed up for the monthly program… After Omar’s first visit/spray our problems were handled! He comes by every month, great service, we couldn’t be happier!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We use Orkin to do our in-house pest control, carpenter bee control, mosquito control and termite prevention. We have dealt with the Orkin Technicians Matthew, Aaron and Andy. They do what is needed to control pests in and around our home. We feel comfortable with them entering and treating our home and property when we are not home. They keep us posted on when to expect their arrival. The reports are great documentation of what has been done. I appreciate Orkin's outstanding customer service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I never had contact with Orkin. I went online to pay my bill but realized I could only pay the yearly amount. I do not want to pay yearly amount. I prefer to pay monthly, even though I am losing $18 dollars. Let me know what you are going to do to solve my problem!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Bobby is my family Orkin rep and does an outstanding job. He’s courteous, thoughtful, and tends to my pest needs at a notice call. I will continue this service and recommend Orkin to my friends. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

My tech Ricardo shows up on time, does a very Thorough job, and keeps me informed of any concerns that he may find. I tried to do my own pest control and failed miserably, ever since Orkin took over I have not seen bugs in my home.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Anthony does a very thorough job when he comes and answers any questions I have. I wouldn’t want another person doing mine. Before Anthony started I was not happy with the service. Anthony is always on time when he comes and seems to be very knowledgeable when explaining things.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

My Orkin guy is great. He always text me a few days before to remind me of my appointment. When he arrives always ask me if I am having any bug problems. Always does a great job. When he is done, he always knocks on the door to tell me he’s done

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Lori for the positive feedback.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information