4.8/5 (386 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I have been using Orkin Pest control ever since I purchased my current home in August of. 1970. They have been very effective and a real pleasure to deal with.

I have had no complaints of any nature during my extensive tenure with Orkin. Their Service Tech (Randy **) has been and continues to be the most attentive and considerate technician I have had the pleasure to work with. Five stars for the service and technician.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Our Orkin representative, Kenneth, has excellent product knowledge and has a customer satisfaction mentality. He is a great asset to your organization. He is always on time and greets us very warmly. His aim is to completely satisfy his customers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I've used Orkin over the past several decades, whenever I've perceived a pest problem. Each time, the service techs have been excellent, explained what they found (or, thankfully, didn't), what was done, etc. If a new concern arose, such as a wasp or hornet nest, they took care of it also. I recommend Orkin to friends and continue to use them, even if they are a bit more expensive for service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Andre and the local branch were extremely helpful in dealing with an issue that we just faced in our home. He went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. My only concern is central scheduling and getting through the phone lines. Website displays hours that do not match the call center and that’s super frustrating as a repeat consumer.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

As always when I called for a pest in my home, they sent someone to take care the problem. He was very courteous and efficient. He resolved the problem in a timely manner. I would recommend Orkin to everyone I know.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The agent thoroughly checks for activity and sprays for bugs and answers questions and is very professional. We are very satisfied with continuing Orkin service. Even when there are different service agents the work is always done professionally.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We are so happy w/ Matthew. He’s always thorough & courteous. We now have no issue w/ insects inside or out! The BEST part is that he got rid of our huge carpenter ant problem! We’re extremely grateful for that in particular.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We're new to the Orkin family and so far are very impressed! The technicians always show up on time and are very friendly and professional. They let us know which services we actually need for our situation and which ones would be overkill. We're happy to continue our business with Orkin.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Joe was very patient. Answered all questions. Helped rid wasp nests that we had under the eaves on our porch. Easy going and helpful. Took his time and made us feel informed and that we can contact Orkin with any problems, if any.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I have automatic scheduling with Orkin but sometimes, it depends on what I got going on. My representative is Curtis. I know him pretty well for the past year now that he'd been providing me service. He’s got great customer service. He gives me great information on what he's doing. Everything that he's doing shows progress within the house. So, I'm very happy.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The service technician that came out here is excellent. His name is Josh. I really appreciate the scheduling that Orkin does in advance. When they say that they're going to be here in a two-hour window, that's when they're here. Orkin has been faithful with that scheduling commitment. Josh is always good to call in advance. So, I give him high marks all the way around. If we have a problem in between scheduled services, I call, and they're out here very shortly to deal with whatever the problem is.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Always on time and will come out promptly if we have additional concerns. I like the text notifications letting us know when they have arrived. Our ant problem has been eliminated. Very friendly. Like a neighbor. Would recommend to a friend.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Once Orkin established what needed to be done years ago when I started in service, it was just a matter of control. Every time the reps come to visit, they ask how things have been going with the pest and around the house. They listen to that and then treat the facility to address those concerns, and any other everyday preventative measures that they would do. In an event that Orkin automatically schedules in a timeframe that I can't deal with, I don't even have to call them, I simply go on the website, request to reschedule and it gives me a date that I can work with. Orkin has had some cost increases prior to all these inflationary measures. Other than the cost, they do a good job. I'm satisfied with what they're doing in keeping the pests under control in my house in Illinois.

Original review: June 19, 2022

The Orkin techs are personal, efficient and competent. They have fixed a decades long insect problem. In a decade or so I think we have asked them to only come back once possibly twice before they were scheduled to. Personally, our tech also works out his schedule with hours and takes all kinds of things in the consideration that benefited my mom.

Original review: June 16, 2022

We are very happy with our Orkin service. Our technician, Bob, is the best. He is always on-time and very friendly. He even brings treats for our dogs. The office staff, Betty, is always friendly and helpful when we call for assistance. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 16, 2022

We like the service a lot. Our service person, Dan, is excellent, and he made the difference in our wanting to stay with Orkin. We had a service provider before that was not very good and we were thinking about dropping the service until Dan came. He's very thorough, efficient, and pleasant, and does just a great job.

Original review: June 15, 2022

If Orkin is as professional as Hersh Exterminating was, and so far, it has been, then our house will be bug/rodent/varmint free--until I open a door. Richard, your agent is great, professional, kind, knowledgeable, competent, consistent, willing-to-go-the-extra-mile-kinda-guy.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The young man was on time, very friendly and listened to my complaint. He did what he explained he would do and I was satisfied. Ok I was very satisfied with your tech but doing a survey seems impossible. Not user friendly. Sorry.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Assessment was well done and thoroughly explained to us. We have no tick or mosquito problems since this service. The Tech was very personable and patient with our dozens of questions. He did a terrific job and we really appreciated the work that he did. Thank you.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Charlie is always kind, informative professional and efficient. He always answers my questions, addresses my concerns and goes over his findings. He has been my Orkin representative for 11 years and I hope he stays my representative! Thank you Charlie for your excellent service over the years!

Original review: June 14, 2022

As always, Ric does such a great job! We are so lucky to have him servicing our area. He goes above and beyond his job and is so professional and prompt. We really appreciate all he does! He is the best!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I have had Orkin service for 30 years. I can't recall a time when their service has been less than 5 stars. Their technicians have always been outstanding! I would highly recommend Orkin to anyone looking for a pest control service.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I always have found any of Orkin's service representatives and their work to be outstanding. They always are on time and respond well to any concerns I might have. They are on time, careful of my property and do a good job. The results of their work are very satisfactory to me.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The people do an efficient job and are very trustworthy. My home stays bug free and my yard looks green and lovely. I would recommend this service to my friends and neighbors. It is a pleasure to look outside and see how beautiful and bug free everything looks.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The staff at Orkin are very good. The technician that comes to my house is Cody. He is very thorough, very friendly and good at his job. I would recommend Orkin for all your pest control. Thanks for helping me with our pest control.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Exterminator was prompt, efficient, courteous and neat in appearance. Maintained COVID protocols in a professional manner yet still presented themselves as friendly and helpful, ready to fulfill the needs/requirements of the job at hand. The lack of insects boosts our confidence in the company and products that are dispensed! Thank You!! :-D

Original review: June 14, 2022

Orkin services my summer home every other month and does a great job! They are very reliable. They communicate frequently and they keep the pests under control. They notify me a week before and they notify me when they are on their way and on location. Excellent group. Would recommend them to others!

Original review: June 14, 2022

terrific service, very fast response to my phone call. Great techs, knowledgeable and very professional. Great recall when there is a problem, with no questions. Treats the problem and then will return with no issues if rodents are found at a later date.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The technicians are always courteous and communicative. They always ask if there is any need inside my home and tell me what they will be doing outside. I originally contacted Orkin because I had an emergency need on a weekend and the company I was with did not provide weekend service.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Excellent friendly professional service. Great customer communication and follow up. Achieves the expected results. After service began we have seen no signs of our problem with insects and rodents. We had one minor occurrence and it was resolved promptly. There has been no further issues.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information