Get a Quote

4.7/5 (266 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I've had three technicians with Orkin. The first one was very nice and I really liked him. I also really liked the second one, Taylor. But I'm not really sure about this third guy. He made a really weird joke the first day that I met him and it was not funny. I'm deeply considering canceling Orkin because I don't like him and he just creeps me out. Other than that, as far as customer service, sometimes if I were going to call with a problem, they wouldn't get the message to the technician in a timely fashion, so that's kind of annoying. But that only happened a couple times.

When I had Taylor, he gave me the direct work cellular phone so I could let him know I have a problem, then he would come and take care of it. So I didn't have to call the main office. He was also flexible and he would know the areas where I didn't want him to go. I didn't have to tell him every time not to go upstairs and not to spray there because my kids have asthma. He had a good memory for the job. Another reason I was really fond of him was that he would just come and do what he had to do.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

We love Orkin, and we absolutely love the technician that comes out. It’s the same guy every time and he's been awesome. He's very personable and very attentive to detail. He's respectful of the pets and the areas of the house that we don't want him to go to. He’s been so good that we recommended them to neighbors, and they signed up for a contract.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I have regularly scheduled pest control service with Orkin. I received a phone call to schedule it pretty much at my exact convenience of when I wanted. The gentlemen sent me a text when he was on his way and when he was outside. He did the job very well. For a while, scheduling was a pain in the butt. I'm a teacher and they would schedule me for 9:00 in the morning. I got them to switch that and now ever since, they've worked with me really well. It's almost better than I would expect for most other services. Things have been good.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Orkin’s been around for a long time. It’s a name I’m familiar with. So, when we had an ant problem, the first place I called was Orkin. They responded quickly and came out right away. To me, that's important. They schedule a service call ahead of time, and I don't have to be there since it's all outdoors where they do the treatment. It's every two months and at the beginning of the month, I go online and see what day they've scheduled it for. If that day doesn't work for me, I can call and reschedule. So, I've been very pleased that they take the initiative and set up the appointments. The technicians are very polite and I have no problem with them. I would recommend people I know to call Orkin.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

We moved into this new house almost 22 years ago and ants were taking over the brand new house. There was nothing that my husband or I could do to win this war. I knew of Orkin, and I called them, and the rest is history. They’ve done a good job for us.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

We're very pleased with Orkin. We've been with them ever since we've been here and in our other house for maybe 40 years or so. Their tech does real good. Right now, I've been having him just spray on the outside because of all the COVID. It's been great. We haven't had any bugs inside and he's very pleasant and very nice. He always knocks on the door and lets us know before on our email that he's coming. Last time, he came to the back door because we have a back drive and he said, "I just came back in instead of the front." He makes sure he sprays everything on the outside. We had John for years, and he retired and he was very friendly. This man that we have now, Kelvin, is very good and I'm very pleased with him. He's very polite.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Orkin lets you know ahead of time that they're coming. It might not have been routinely the same day of the week in each month, but there also was a change in the technicians, and that probably caused that kind of schedule where you didn't know for sure what day they were coming each month. The tech who comes is very courteous and kind. He explains what he's doing. They keep doing their job and conquering what I ask them to conquer. It's worth the money I spend each year.

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you for the positive feedback Nancy and for being a loyal Orkin customer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The Orkin employee is very friendly and respectful. He is always willing to listen and answer any questions. I always get a notification about the day of service and I have the chance to change it if I need to.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

We had an infestation of silverfish one summer and Orkin helped us get rid of them. Their customer service is great. We have had the same person come for years now. He's watched me have all my kids. It's so nice to have someone that we feel so comfortable with that we just tell them which door to use, so they can let themselves in when we're not home.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

We've had a good experience since we started with Orkin. The tech is very positive and outgoing. He's thoughtful too if I need anything. He's been great. I'm a busy person and I don't have time to mess with billing or mess with unwanted questions. So, it's easy working with Orkin. I don't have to worry about anything.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

In the beginning, there was quite a turnover of technicians, which didn't really surprise me. But for the last nine years, we had the same guy all the time and he's very good. We pointed out something when he was there and we didn't plan on him doing anything extra, but he was very willing to help. We're very happy with him. Orkin is very dependable.

We had problems with ants coming into the house last summer and when we called the office, the manager had a smartass attitude. We asked him, “Why are we getting ants if we've been paying you all these years?” He said, “Well, I got one word for you and that's drought.” I knew that had a factor in it, but it didn't seem like it should be the only thing. So I wasn't real happy with that phone conversation because the manager said that he would sign us up for a free termite inspection, but he never did, which was fine. It turned out that the free inspection would not have been the type of inspection that we would have wanted.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Orkin is affordable and very flexible when the technicians come out with your schedule and they really take care of all the problems. They normally call me before they get here, but this last guy didn't. When he texted me, I wasn't home. However, he waited for me to come home, so that was nice. Even though they just came out, but I saw some spiders, they would come back. That's important to me.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Our problem is that every three months, we have set up for the last Thursday of the month as I'm on Social Security and I get my money on the fourth Wednesday or fourth Thursday of the month. Orkin said that they have that in their system scheduled, but they still come in for the third Wednesday of the month, and I got to call them every time and change it. It's frustrating. But other than that, the service is great. A couple of times where I've had to call them back out because of some activity, they came out very quickly. The guy that was recently sent was very good and thorough. Unlike some of the other technicians that Orkin had, he spent time applying the solution around all the windows and the doorways and took care of all the traps.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The gentleman that comes regularly is always concerned about if I've had any problems. He's a new daddy and we talk about the baby a little bit, and he's always been polite. I had an emergency a few years ago. I had some people working on the house, and they discovered a hornet's nest in the ground, so I called Orkin and the phone may have not cooled off before somebody came out and took care of the hornet's nest. I recommended Orkin to somebody in Minnesota. They got enough weather problems there and I knew that if she contacted Orkin and they came out that they would be prompt. The nice young man always calls when he's on his way, and then he will call from the driveway and let me know he's there, and then he knocks on the door before he leaves. He always does a good job.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Orkin comes every other month and they mostly spray and treat around the foundation. They also check my crawlspace for mice and set insect bait traps inside. I like the technicians. They're a good local company.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We started with a different company and they were bought by Orkin. They text or call and leave a message and say they're coming. We have a regular person that comes out every other month and he's just in and out.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I've been with the agency for years, and I've had a nice experience. I've always worked with very nice people, except once when they sent me somebody who hardly did his job. He was a young fellow and I thought he was on something. It was scary. He stayed 10 minutes, and he wasn't right on his feet. It was peculiar and I thought, "Why did they send me someone like that?" But it never happened again. Whoever I had recently was good and he did what he had to do. The one before this one was excellent as well, but he's no longer with Orkin.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

The technicians are great, and I only had to change one once. I have been with Orkin over the span of 30 years and in two different states. They always take care of the problem and they've done a very effective job at helping to control pesky ants. One of their best features, besides controlling pests, is when they're walking around the house, they notice things that need to be fixed. There have been three occasions where they have noticed minor water leaks that we were not aware of, that we were able to take care of because they saw it when they were doing their inspection.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

When they come out, they do a fairly good job. But the technician they have now is not very dependable, and I don't really trust that he's doing the job that the other technician was doing. I have reached out to Orkin about him and they put it on as this is someone that's not used to doing my area. He's kind of new. But when you tell someone you're going to be at the house, and you don't show up for two weeks, that's not acceptable. We have two small dogs and I don't want them outside if something is being sprayed. Also, this technician is not really a people person either.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Orkin's number one in the business so I'd definitely contact them. They're all local guys so I like that. Plus, they can tailor. You can get them monthly, quarterly, three times a year depending on how you want them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I thought Orkin was coming out to treat for bedbugs. One technician made us think that he was treating for everything, including bedbugs, when they come out every other month. I didn't know that we'd only get a bedbug treatment once a year, but anything's better than nothing. On and off, it's been around professional service. I've had good technicians in the past, but I don't particularly care for the technician that comes around recently. He doesn't want me watching him, and sometimes, I tell him to do something and it looks like he's too fast.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I would definitely recommend Orkin. It's top-notch, and I haven't had any complaints at all. I have the cell number of the guy that handles my cabin, and if I have an issue or need him to do something, he would come by and handle it whenever I need it. He texts me in the week that he's going to be in that area and asks me if the cabin is vacant or if anybody's there. We try to work it out where he comes between clients, when they're cleaning, and he'll come that day and do the work.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The service has been wonderful, and the guy that comes here with Orkin is very thorough, kind, honest, and lets me follow him around. I only do the service twice a year because I don't want to do it four times. It's too expensive.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Orkin Pest Control has always been good and between times, they always showed up and addressed the problem. I'm happy with that. Recently, I was notified online that they were setting an appointment, then their person called me saying what day and time they were coming. The lady was very nice, and when the techs came, they ran around the whole house, did everything, and gave me written instructions as to what things I should do to help. They were very nice, cordial, and left their note. Everything went well. They were very diligent about telling me that my rain gutters needed to be cleaned, that they were full of pine needles. I said, "Yeah, I know. I've been meaning to do that." After they left, within a few days, I had it done.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

In my most recent service from Orkin, the tech sprayed the areas that weren't normally sprayed and he did everything right. A lot of the activity is gone. The main one with the shower, there's one here and there but they're dying. I've been very impressed with the way things are done.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

During the summer months, Orkin services the outside then, in the winter months, it's inside. To me, it's all about the person servicing my home and the gentleman is very conscious of how he services his customers. The technician, Tom, is always very professional, which I truly respect. He's very good, stays on his schedule, and if there's any time that he needs to make a change, he normally gives me advance notice saying, "Hey, I'm going to be on vacation," then he finds out what days would be available for him to come out when he's on vacation. He gives me some options.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Zachery comes in every month and sprays every corner of my home. He always has his mask and shoe covers. In the Spring, when we get ants, I just have to call him and he comes by promptly. Love the service!!

Orkin Pest Control response

Thank you Judith for your positive feedback!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Orkin comes out quarterly and they set mouse traps, spray for bugs and kill bee nests. The technician has always been the same guy and he's remarkable. Anything that I need done, he fixes the problem and does it with a smile on his face. We have fewer bugs in the house and fewer mice. I live in an old farmhouse, so it's nice not having those critters in here.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Everything has been awesome, from the scheduling to the technician that comes. The one we've had the last few years is incredible. Unless Orkin offers the service for free or cheaper, I don't know how they could do it better.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

They take care of ants, mice, and any bugs that would come in around the perimeter of the house. I have a mousetrap out there so they don't come in the house for the winter because I really hate mice. Also, they treated the carpenter bees in my garage. They keep everything at bay and they are always very accommodating and polite. They're also very aware of COVID and stay mainly outside unless we have an issue inside. They're very alert to all the precautions and whatnot. And they tell you exactly what they did, what kind of chemicals they use, and what they noticed. If they noticed anything, they would take care of that and let you know on your work order. I've never ever had a bad situation ever with them. I lost my job and I'm living on less money now, but I want to make sure that I still have them taking care of things like that.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information