2. Homeowners

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.11/5

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Before bedbug issue happened I got new bed frame, new mattress, new bedsheets. After 3 years staying in this house bedbug alert! Paid $1400+ to treat bedbug for 4 beds and sofas in the living room. The first day they came I feel peace knowing to get zero bedbugs. After 24 hours of treatments I found 2 bedbugs crawling. It’s okay they say. “Give it a couple days.” 2 days later I collect 3+ bedbug. 3 days later 5+bedbug. Called Orkin in Omaha Nebraska, they came and sprayed so I have to pay $90+ for the treatment again. Same issue as above after 3 days 6+ bedbugs on my new pillow. 5+ crawling on my bed.

Called Orkin on the 3rd month December 2019. They came on the 20th. Treated the issue. Sprayed. Less than 24 hours 3 bedbug dying. 2 days laters 8 bedbugs collected. 3 days later i saw a nest of bedbug on my pillow. As a medical professional we follow the instructions on how to prevent bedbug, instructions on what to do after the treatment to avoid the bedbug issue from happening but BEDBUGS won’t let me fall asleep! 3 months of treatment. After 1 day of treatment bedbugs came again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Very surprised by Orkin's sales tactics. I called to get service at my home and was told that I could cancel a 1 year contract at any time, even though it was technically a one year contract. As it seemed strange, I confirmed with the sales rep 3x, and he assured me that I could cancel ANY TIME! What I would lose is the up front service fee and the ability to call them to service if I was unhappy. Here I am a few months later and told I CANNOT cancel. I asked for the contract which to my surprise was signed by my wife at the time of the service appointment. She thought it was just the service summary for that day and didn't look at it. Very shady tactics from a company I would think is professional. Beware!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Their reps are always superb to deal with, but the company does not always promptly follow up with our questions. Seemingly has effective products, but customer service is mediocre to good.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I hired Orkin to take care of a bug issue I was having at my business. They came for months and I continued to pay them. They kept saying that I needed to be patient and it would get better. It never did so I got rid of Orkin and hired a small local company to deal with my issue. The small company took care of it right away. Either Orkin doesn't know what they are doing, or they are just there to bleed your money and not fix your problem. Either way they are a bad company. Zero stars.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

My house had ants problem and we hired Orkin. First tech that came seems competent and treated our home. At the time we signed up for the service, we told them that we will not need treatment every 2 months as we think that was a bit excessive. The operator told us that they will work with us and will treat the home at a frequency that works for us. She also informed us that every time they send someone over, they will let us know via call / text.

Couple of months after the first treatment, they sent a tech unannounced. I told him that I was never contacted about the visit, he said he was told that I knew he was coming, and that he will let Orkin know that send us advanced notice in the future. Then two weeks later, the same tech came back unannounced again, and I told him the same thing and he left. After another two week later, we got a note on our door saying that our home has been treated without our knowledge.

Needless to say, I immediately called Orkin and canceled. The manager informed me that I owe them money for two visits, both within the last 2 weeks. I wanted to express that only one visit was done and I will pay for it even when it was without any notice. The manager was rude and said I was interrupting her. After I sit there and listen to her rambling on and on for quite some time, she then realized that only one treatment was done, and quickly took payment for that. Do not trust Orkin, they cannot follow simple directions and will claim that you never told them those instructions. Did I mention that they keep spamming me with emails and text for reviews? So here this is my reviews, Orkin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Orkin came by today dressed in a suit. What was his uniform. He look like he was a billionaire going to a ball. I need a pest control. I showed him the details and the fragments I save for testing. They say they don't do testing. He said there's no bugs. What is am I getting bit by snowflakes. It's not even snowing. I don't make this. I don't even give him a star. I would not approve them to help anyone.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised at how professional the exterminator was and how easy it was to set up the appointment. Great prices and never once did the price I was quoted change as I wasn't upselled at any time. Pleasant office staff as well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My roommate's home is infested with white footed mice. I spent the weekend cleaning up mouse poop, and setting Tomcat wooden .89 cent traps baited with peanut butter which I placed around her kitchen after locating a nest of shredded red and white paper underneath the kitchen sink. From Friday through Sunday I trapped 14 mice. Sunday, I called Orkin and scheduled an appointment for Monday with a technician to visit. First, Orkin tried to cancel the appointment claiming they were low on technicians because some called in sick.

But, they found a technician from the Minneapolis office named Kevin ** to visit my roommate's home in St Paul from noon-1 p.m. I followed Kevin around inside my roommate's home. He placed similar traps to Tomcat in my roommate's kitchen without any bait or attractant, as well as in the basement. I never saw him squirt any attractant on the mouse traps. Then, we told him the access to the roof was through the garage crawl space.

I never saw Kevin take the ladder from his truck into my roommate's garage to go up into the crawl space. I went inside the house when Kevin claimed he was up in the attic crawl space. Then all of a sudden, he was in his truck ready to leave my roommate's house. I ran out to his truck to ask him if he had found the source of the mouse infestation because I never saw him even walk around the outside perimeter of my roommate's house. Sitting in his truck, Kevin claimed he did find it in the back of my roommate's house - a tunnel bored into some rotting wood. Yet, why should I believe him?

I didn't see him bring his ladder into my roommate's garage from his truck to go up into the attic crawl space. I didn't see Kevin walk to the back of my roommate's house and he didn't invite me to see where this so-called tunnel bored through rotting wood was located underneath the basement windows of my roommate's house in the backyard. I walked into the backyard and couldn't see anything but piles of pine needles. Also, Kevin removed the dead mice that I had trapped from Sunday night -- 7 total -- but wouldn't clean up the blood or poop debris. Why exactly did I pay $290.99 for then?!

I asked Kevin to plug the holes underneath the kitchen sink where I located a large mouse nest but he refused, stating "it won't do any good." Oh really? Well, stuffing the holes with copper wool or steel wool with calk would prevent future mice from crawling underneath the kitchen sink and inside the attached kitchen cabinets to poop and pee and build another nest!

I was scammed out of my money because I paid for a service I never received. This Kevin from Orkin didn't escort me to the back of the house to show me where the supposed infestation of mice starts. He didn't show me any evidence of steel or copper wool or calk to be used to plug any holes, especially this so-called tunnel he discovered that the mice had created underneath the basement windows from the outside of the house.

If you are going to charge $290.99 as a pest control technician, you'd better do what the customer asks you to: show them WHERE the infestation started in their home, show them WHAT you will plug any holes with, PLUG the holes the home owner/roommate asks you to, and put bait attractant on the traps you set. I called the customer service line and asked management to call me. I want a senior technician to come back for FREE to do everything that the technician Kevin wouldn't do. I doubt they'll comply. They got my money already. I filed a dispute for service with my bank to get my money back. And I will do whatever it takes to get my money back. I'm angry that Orkin ripped me off the way that they did.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I like their services, but their prices were a little pricey for what I needed done. If I would have had the money I would have gotten the full service offered.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had bed bugs, we called Orkin. We did the prep & they came out for service. The family left & I parked up the street to observe. After we left another truck came & then spent no more than a few minutes inside. They spent 15 minutes visiting with each other & left. Needless to say, we still had a infestation. They came back out, and that guy was good, problem solved.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information