2. Homeowners
  3. Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.68/5

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Got locked into a contract spending a ton of money and all I got was a guy that would randomly and without notice most times show up and spray and my house from the curb with a large aerosol can of some type of bug spray... Never set up a time to walk my property inspect my house or even talk. The one time I got his attention he basically told me to sit back and let the professionals work... Now I find I still have carpenter ants in the spot I tried to show him. Complete waste of money.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Orkin put a new guy on my account. He could not find the key, so he did not treat inside. Pulled back the covers to my bed and nice home for the mice. Very cozy. The house is full of them 4 months on no treatment. I still had to pay my bill.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I've used this company before many times without problems! But the last 2 years has been a nightmare! Never again will I use are recommend this company! They suck!! They charge an arm and leg. Never follow up or return calls! Just to ask for money.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I did a contract for more than a year did not see any improvement. My house is very clean but can’t say the same about my neighbors. I paid so much money that I could have save hundreds of dollars by just purchasing glue traps myself. They didn’t do anything different they came and put those cheap glue traps and if the glue traps catch something my husband had to throw it away because it was going to stink by the time they had an opening. Don’t spend your money if you have mice. Buy your own glue traps or other things because mice are very smart they really don’t get in the traps.

Original review: April 30, 2020

We purchased our home and had an agreement with the sellers for Orkin to come out for 6 months for pest control. They did 2 months and then started to go to the wrong house. I contacted them and they told me it was just a mistake in their system and came to our house one more time (and did nothing). We still have wasps, bats (in the house) and mice. When I called and expressed my concern, because "they aren't happy until we are," they can't find any ticket of anyone coming to our house in the last year. I read the receipt off to them that they were in fact here 3 times and did do anything! They said that encounter is not in their system.... Don't use them. They sprayed some chemical around the base of the house but never went after the wasps. They put some traps up for the mice, like I couldn't do that, and wouldn't go into the crawl space or where they were actually at. And then they just completely ignored the bats flying in and out of the house.

From beginning to end, they didn't do a single thing correctly. Oh, I forgot about the moving of the dates too. They want you to be there to show them where the nests are that they aren't going to take care of, so of course I took work off. They would just move the date the day before. They did this several times to us. Go with someone else, go local. Don't give these criminals your money.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I told Orkin months ago that I no longer wanted their services. They show up unannounced at your door. I never told them they could withdraw my money from my account. Never set up automatic payments. We're in a pandemic. They decided to take $200 of my $700 I get a month from disability. I have 2 children at home and can barely move because of my disability. They are like the mafia. Ohh you don't want their services, you're going to take these services whether you want them or not. And you're going to pay for it even if you don't. Bullies. So I called and the service rep tells me that I agreed to automatic payments. Lies, lies, lies. So I switched my dame card and put a stop to the payment. As of right now do not sign up with this company. There are better ones out there that just don't do this type of mess when you no longer want their services. It's a trap!

Original review: April 3, 2020

Bait and switch. They told me one thing on the phone and when the technician came out, it was going to cost way more. I called for a quote mainly because I have fire ants in my backyard. I spoke to the customer service agent and specifically told her about fire ants. I was looking for full ongoing pest control services and she quoted me a price for initial service and a monthly amount after for every other month service. It seemed high to me and I told her it seemed high. She told me that it’s because they cover most things others don’t and it’s full service.

When the technician came with the contract- guess what.... it is an upcharge for fire ants. Fleas are also an upcharge- we live in the south!!! If you are going to use them you need to make sure you are ask what is covered and what is not. It’s crazy that as a company they are not asking the customer about the most common pest problems in that region. I will never recommend this company.

Original review: April 1, 2020

False advertising!! I was hopeful upon reading Orkins website. Orkin clearly states their companies ability to handle mite infestations. Any consumer dealing with mites, of any variety, can understand the anxiety, sleepless nights and hopelessness one feels. Orkin is being allowed suck the hope, life, money, out of Louisiana consumers. Consumers who are already being slowly cannibalized by mites. Trauma, does not begin to explain the emotions this particular class of consumer feels. When mites begin invading a home, car, body, animals, everything becomes unrecognizable. So, as a desperate consumer searching for help, I contacted Orkin immediately. What a shock to become advised to the true facts about Orkin.

The truth about Orkins ability, none of which is stated through advertisements. True fact: No Orkin employee in Louisiana has the knowledge to eradicate mites. No one currently employed through a Louisiana Orkin franchise or Corporate owned location within the State of Louisiana is trained to kill mites. Orkin has not trained employees on the protocols for using pesticides to kill mites, or the procedures employees are required to follow. How can Orkin advertise the ability to kill mites when the Orkin Technicians or Orkin Franchises are not provided the training of correct pesticides necessary? Orkins false advertisements are a clear danger to consumers.

Orkin advertises a clear intention, Orkins ability to properly disperse the correct pesticide (poison) within any Louisiana consumers residence. The Orkin Technician who examined my home happens to hold the required Louisiana Entomologist license for Orkin. He holds the only state required license for Orkin to practice in this entire state. This is the one and only license which encompasses the entire State of Louisiana. My Orkin Tech, he was a genuinely wonderful, caring, but most of all, honest young man. He refused any payment based on his convictions (rare quality nowadays).

His stated the following to me "There is a buffet of pesticides in my truck, but Orkin has not notified anyone in the company of mite protocol. I did not know the company was advertising mite control. I would not know anything concerning mite infestations. Since I am the only person within Orkin who holds the Louisiana state license, I would be the first to know, but I know nothing and no one else at Orkin would know. I have no idea which chemicals from within the buffet in my Orkin truck to use. We have no knowledge or training in any area of mites. The bottom line is that we do not know Orkins procedures or what chemicals are effective against mites. I would be the first to know." He did promise to come back with a Manager and try to help, but after few weeks, I gave up on Orkin.

No Company should disperse poisons into a consumers residence or advertise their knowledge of dispersing the proper poisons, as a blatant lie to consumers.

There is no way in which Orkin can help consumers suffering with infestations of bird mites, or mites of any variety in Louisiana. As the Licensee for Orkin this particular gentleman had no idea how to even begin treatment and furthermore, had no idea that Orkin was advertising mite eradication. The results of Orkins false advertising presents a number of serious concerns for me and all Louisiana consumers. No one with Orkin was educated to help me, and although the Technician was clearly embarrassed and promised to try his best, weeks of my time, wasted.

Orkin, within Louisiana, cannot help consumers suffering from mite infestations. My particular Orkin technician was honest, he did not rip me off for the "upfront inspection" fee of 75.00. He did not make me sign a contract or proceed to guess which toxic chemicals to disperse in my home. He was honest. Orkin has no real empathy for their consumers. This is false advertising with serious consequences. They are a dishonest company allowed to prey upon consumers who are faced with harsh realities. Truth, mite populations double in just one weeks time. Consumers have no time to waste. However, Orkin is robbing consumers through false advertising. I wonder how many individuals without a penny in their pockets have been charged for fees and precious time by Orkin in Louisiana. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I had service for almost two years. Verbally told them to stop, sent in email. However they are still billing me, and threatening me with collector. They have not been to my house in over 6 months. These people are desperate liars who will do anything for money.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We were 50 percent satisfied until we got a bill for treatment we did not receive, impossible because we live in Trotwood Ohio and had a Tornado May 28 2019, so we called them to let them know that we will longer need the service and prior to May 2019, on February 24 2020 will get a bill $83.00 so my mom called customer service, only thing the lady would do was cut the bill down to 43.00 for a service we didn't receive, I would have liked apology, but they sent the bill to a collection agency which would have lowered my moms A+ credit rating, SHAME ON YOU ORKIN FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A 78 YEAR OLD SENIOR CITIZEN.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information