4.7/5 (339 ratings)

About Orkin Pest Control

Orkin is a worldwide pest control company with over 1.5 million residential and commercial customers and over 100 years of experience. It specializes in treatments against common pests like rodents and insects, but it also offers other services, including insulation and moisture control. Orkin provides free estimates and a satisfaction guarantee.

Pros

• Free estimate
  • Integrated pest management
  • Residential and commercial services
  • 30-day money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited pricing information
  • Not available in AK, WY, SD

Bottom Line

With over 100 years in business, Orkin is one of the most well-known pest control brands. The company features highly trained technicians and customer-friendly guarantees. Contact Orkin for a free consultation.

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

We've been customers of Orkin for many years and we’ve been happy. We haven't called once to say, “I wish this had been different.” All we have to do is call in and tell them to remind so and so to bring something for the outside theater, and the rep always follows through. Like most people, we contacted Orkin because we had an ant problem in the walls of the house and that triggered us to be regular customers. They've been good people. It's been reassuring to have someone here who knows the place and friendly to us and does a good job of keeping it critter-free. We've gotten along well with them and this is a place where you need to be aware that we have those kinds of animals out there, and we'd like to keep them out there.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I've been with Orkin almost 20 years. I must love it. My roaches are down and I don’t have any rodents. They do an excellent job and don’t dilute their chemicals. The customer service is awesome and even the new lady is very nice. Orkin is nothing but the best.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

We had carpenter ants eating the wood in the ceiling in our living room. I could not find a pest control person that would call me back, much less come out to our house. You cannot get a service person to come out here because they all want to go to Reno. It's too far of a drive for them. Orkin was the only one that would come, and they came out that day. They treated for ants. Not far from our house, I found a red anthill. I told the service guy about it, and he went and treated that. Sometimes I have him do our garage, which is under our house. Mostly, it'd his normal routine that he does. I had to change the date and they were good about that too.

I like Orkin. Their service has been exemplary ever since. This is the second guy that's been our service guy. The first one moved to a different area. But both of them were great. Anything in addition to what they normally signed up for, they're ready and willing to do anything for you. We have another building on our property. We have evidence of a pack rat. He set traps down there, but we never caught anything.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Tim, our agent from Orkin, is excellent. I wouldn’t trade him for love or money. If I had to change agents, I'll just change company. We have no pests now. But whenever I see anything, I call him and he shows up within 24 hours. He comes out every three months for the service but at the older house, he came on a monthly basis.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Orkin's technicians have been very good.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Orkin sends a very nice young lady out to spray, and I appreciate it when she comes out. She's very personable.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

They always have a good program for you. They show up on time. We've been very fortunate. Everywhere we've gone, we've had great techs. We've got a wonderful tech here in Arizona. He communicates very well. He tells us what he sees. He comes and he always asks, “Is there any concerns?” That's the first thing he asks. So he can go around and check them out if there are some concerns. Then he comes back and briefs me on what he does. He always does a good job. Orkin provided a good service for us, so we haven't had anything to really complain about. The only thing was that there was an increase all of a sudden from one month to the next month. I would appreciate it if somebody tells me, “Hey, in another month we're gonna have to increase X amount percent.” It seems there's always a surprise when there's an increase. Other than that, I don't have any complaints with Orkin. They do a good job.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

They come every month and if we need anything in between, they've been easy to get ahold of and have come back in between. Or if we're not gonna be around, and need to reschedule, they've been easy to work with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Gerry is wonderful, we have been rat free for 2 1/2 years now. Very informative. Describes any treatments provided for outside treatments. Also have a tech at another property in another town for mice in a mobile home - her name is Jasmine.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Orkin does an inspection and some preventative spraying of the outdoors once a month. And once a year, they come and do a termite inspection inside of the various buildings on the property, like the garage and shed. They're all very nice people. We still have rodent activity, which they said is difficult to get rid of because they're endemic to the area here. Other than that, it seems to work.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Sylvia is an excellent service provider. She’s prompt, efficient and knowledgeable about the service. She’s been coming here for many years and we think she’s great. We have no complaints about our service. We are sorry, though, that the cost keeps going up but we remain faithful so far.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I've been very happy with Orkin. Our technician calls me and he's pleasant to deal with. I love our technicians.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Our Orkin technician is great. We’ve had the same guy for several years. He is very polite and helpful. He is a real asset to the company. He does a great job. We are extremely satisfied. I would recommend Orkin to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The representative is very knowledgeable and professional. They are prompt and always available on my preferred day and time. I have been very happy with the service received from Orkin, and would recommend them to all my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Orkin comes right away and they take care of the ants and mice. However, one of the technicians talked about some of his other customers. I didn't like that, talking about the customers. But my first technician was fabulous. He never mentioned anything but Orkin involved things unless I asked him otherwise. The technician we have now is the same.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Shane is a very thorough in doing his job, always pleasant and a good listener. We have used Orkin at our previous house and resolved our issue. Orkin identified an insect whereas other pest control companies could not identify what type of insect we were dealing with. Thank you Orkin!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I am always pleased with the service I get from Orkin. I let them know if there’s any specific problems that I want them to focus on and they take care of it right away. I can call them at any time and they will send someone out if needed, I will be continuing to do service with Orkin. I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Had Orkin in South Florida for almost 30 years. When I moved to the Villages of Central Florida there was no doubt in my mind I when continue to use them for pest control inside my home and out. Then Fall season I had a Chinch Bug infestation in my yard. Orkin has eliminated the problem and saved my lawn.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I have been a customer for a long time, I've always received a bill in the mail and sent in a check. I don't plan to pay a bill over the phone. These changes should have been discussed with the customer first. Also sending a notice of the appointment without consulting the customer is wrong. I don't have a cell phone, and don't check e-mail more than once a day, when I'm home.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Always very courteous and prompt. Asks if I have any problems and does his work in a short length of time. Always says to be sure to call if I have any problems in between his visits. He checks everything to be sure I do not have bugs of any kind. He listens carefully to every direction I might give him. He is always on time. Look forward to his visits and know that my condo is bug free and I do not have to worry about ants or any other kind of bugs.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

When we bought our home we took a maintenance plan. We have had the great fortune to have Kwab as our service rep. Quite honestly, he is the BEST. He truly cares about our home and does everything he can to ensure we are pest-free. As I always say, if Kwab leaves, so do we. And that's the truth. There's no one else who would take care of us the way Kwab does. MY FIVE STAR rating is solely because of Kwab.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The Agent was on time, after he called me before arriving. He was friendly; communicated very well; made applications inside the basement & upstairs around the entrances/inside the garage; then he made applications around the exterior with attention to where wasps had been spotted; & removed 3 Bait Boxes. He was extremely Professional.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

When we started with Mike **, he solved any and all problems, which stopped when he found what the problem was. We've had no problem for years. It's Mike! Without him we would not be happy. It's pretty simple. Your people make the company.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

We do not see any stink bugs anymore. That was a serious problem. Lady doing service is very professional. We have had no spider sh.... on house. We have used for many years. We highly recommend them for outside services. Always let them know if something is not right.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Prompt service with answered questions. Helped me on drain fly problem. No more drain flies. I live in a heavily wooded lot. Orkin treatment ensures that the bugs who attempt entry are shortly deceased. No odors or other problems after spraying.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Excellent service, wonderful service person. Our guy is very knowledgeable and and goes above his duty. Very nice. Always make sure he checks inside and outside of home including attic and all baseboards. Always friendly with animals and watches out for them. Takes care of outside and inside of home. Makes sure there are no problems since last visit and ask if you have seen any bugs that he needs to address or if there anything he can do to help with anything.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I have no complaints. The service continues to be effective like it always has been. We have been an Orkin customer for many years at several locations throughout the years and have always been satisfied with your service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Overall, excellent and respectful work. I do periodically get a fly in the house. What do I do? All work outdoors was fine. There do not seem to be mosquitos present. Politeness and friendly worker. Info on arrival and departure of worker is helpful! THANK YOU! See you next time.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I’ve been using Orkin for a while now and have had zero issues with them. They’re punctual and friendly. I appreciate the text reminders as well as the text notifications alerting me of when they’re on their way to the house.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The secretary and gentleman took ownership in setting appointment promptly, and also completed pest service inside and outside with care for property and residents. We are very pleased with Orkin management and staff at all level. We wish Orkin best.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information