2. Homeowners

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin Pest Control
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Banner image

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking for pest control services?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Orkin Pest Control Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin Pest Control?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Orkin?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

The spraying service is ok.. But.. you don't get the phone calls you are told you will get... Customer service leaves a whole lot to be desired... No matter who you talk to or how many times you talk to that same person all you seem to get is runaround. Have had.. personally.. 4 different servicemen to show up to do a spraying service that was canceled weeks before. This company has an utter lack of communication with its workers and its customers!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

In July 2020 Orkin did a heat treatment on our house for bedbugs. The tech was incredibly nice. He guaranteed the heat treatment would kill the bugs. The process was very quick. We could not come back into the house that night due to the heat. 3-4 days later bugs were still crawling ALL OVER THE HOUSE. You could not sit on the living room furniture without getting bit. The furniture has been thrown out. We vacuum every day-floors & furniture. Orkin has so far come back twice to spray the house. A third visit has been set up as we still have bugs. I asked if another heat treatment could be done & was told no. We have spent $3400 for this. This is very upsetting & we feel like it's a losing battle with Orkin pretty much not doing what we were guaranteed they would do. They do however send emails telling us we can get a discount on termite or mosquito spraying. This is a terrible way to live. I would not recommend Orkin.

Original review: July 10, 2020

We had Orkin come out for a possible termite infestation. The guy said we definitely had a termite problem and moisture in our basement that was causing the termite problem. Quoted us $4000+ to get an industrial dehumidifier and treat the termites, without the dehumidifier it was $2000+. We had other quotes and the other companies said we have carpenter ants, not termites. $650 for one year and will also kill spiders, bees, wasps, mice, etc. Orkin is a bunch of liars and thieves!!!! We are going with Fox Pest Control!

Original review: June 11, 2020

Fantastic & professional service from reception - Leonora and Tony - pest control technician! I don't know how I would have been able to handle this mess without this company! They gave suggestions on how best to tackle this problem, and the package is really great for money.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I used Orkin to rid my house of bed bugs. They charged $1200 for their service. After their first application They did a second application. After a few weeks I let them know that we were still getting bites. I called them and The customer service lady told me that Allen ** the operations manager would call me back within 24hrs. It has been one week and I still haven’t been called. They claim that they guarantee their service but they don’t honor that guarantee. I would not recommend using Orkin based on our experience.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Orkin was the first company I called for ants remover. The representative said the first time treatment is at $232.14 and the second time will be at $129. If we still have the ants issue after second round, they will come out and do the treatment for free for the third time. In addition, if the third time treatment did not help then they will guarantee a refund of the last payment of $129. What a great deal right?

I asked for the next availability without shopping around other companies. Lucky for us, she said they have someone available on the same day between 3-5. I scheduled the appointment but the technician called at 4 pm that he is running late so will be coming between 5-6. I said sure since I will be home at the time. The service went ok and I got a contract from the technician to sign. The contract was for a yearly reoccurring program that I need to pay $232.14 first and three additional payments of $129 which is additional $258 than what was told on the phone. I asked to speak to the representative I spoke to.

The first representative was unavailable and a different representative called and said I signed for five time treatment which is more than $800 and she did me a favor by removing the fifth time treatment because they do not have the program in the area. If I do not want to sign then I should pay the one time payment of $232.14 which has 30 days window guarantee. She did not forget to let me know that I should be glad to pay that amount as normally one time treatment is over $290. I would not have decide to work with Orkin without shopping around only to get a one time treatment at $290 or even at $232.14 to begin with!!

Second alternative was to sign for the yearly contract and she will do me a favor by giving me $50 discount. In addition to yelling at me the whole time and accusing me that the only reason I requested the service is to pay the first time treatment and get three services only to request refund despite of any outcomes. I asked her to stop yelling at me. She said, she is not howling at me and I would know if she did. I thought to myself that the refund policy was brought up by the Orkin employee who signed me for five time services without my consent or any explanation.

Again, I was only hoping to receive the service that was explained to me on the phone before I made my decision to work with the company without shopping around foolishly believing everything the representative, I suppose. I am very unhappy with this experience and do not recommend using Orkin to anyone. This whole experience was more headache than I ever imagined. I asked her to listen to the first conversation recorded then call me back tomorrow. I will see how this company handles the issue and will update the review.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Arranged for an inspection and they were a no show. Called them repeatedly to remedy the situation and they never got back with me. Took time off of work for this appointment. No show, no call back and no apology. Finally went with Enrick pest control.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Got locked into a contract spending a ton of money and all I got was a guy that would randomly and without notice most times show up and spray and my house from the curb with a large aerosol can of some type of bug spray... Never set up a time to walk my property inspect my house or even talk. The one time I got his attention he basically told me to sit back and let the professionals work... Now I find I still have carpenter ants in the spot I tried to show him. Complete waste of money.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Orkin put a new guy on my account. He could not find the key, so he did not treat inside. Pulled back the covers to my bed and nice home for the mice. Very cozy. The house is full of them 4 months on no treatment. I still had to pay my bill.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I've used this company before many times without problems! But the last 2 years has been a nightmare! Never again will I use are recommend this company! They suck!! They charge an arm and leg. Never follow up or return calls! Just to ask for money.

Orkin Pest Control Company Information