Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Old Republic Home Protection

Old Republic Home Protection, formerly known as Dependable Home Warranty, offers one-year service contracts that cover home system and appliance repairs for the sellers and buyers of resale homes. The company offers multiple plans to fit every budget with optional add-ons available. Coverage is available in 27 states and Washington, D.C.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Customizable coverage
    • Educational resources
    • Clear pricing

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Old Republic Home Protection has easy-to-understand plans with transparent pricing. Its customizable coverage is convenient and flexible but only available in 27 states and Washington, D.C

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Old Republic Home Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Republic Home Protection?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Republic Home Protection?

Original review: April 2, 2021

We contacted Old Republic home warranty regarding a minor leak in our filter. They scheduled a service call (with co-pay). That service repairman replaced a part, but in the process broke something else. He said he will talk to warranty company to approve the entire thing, but then came back and said the warranty company is not improving anything including the original order. They then harassed my wife with phone calls to pay for the original replacement, and I am out another $1000 for the part they broke that they also couldn't get approved to warranty company.

Even worse, when we contacted Old Republic Home Warranty, they just say that we cannot do anything as the filter is not covered (which might also be untrue). Regardless, the call was scheduled by them and the person they sent was on their behalf. I would have appreciated a bit more understand and partnership, but the customer rep just hung up on us saying they cannot do anything.

Original review: March 26, 2021

My refrigerator water dispenser and ice cube maker went out...Long story short I need a new refrigerator and you have to go thru so many challenges....It may be another 7 to 10 business days before the purchasing Dept reaches out!!!! They do not put their customers 1st....It’s basically how less they spend and more money you have to as a customer!!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

If there was an option to give zero stars I would. We have been trying for over 4 months to get our refrigerator repaired. We had countless phone calls that I would wait on hold for over an hour only to be hung up on. It took over 2 months the first time to get broken parts sent to us. And then another month to get even more broken parts. They promised new parts would be sent, only to have refurbished parts sent. After everything is said and done and lots of time wasted, they offered us $417.84 to replace our refrigerator. It has been an absolute nightmare. A home warranty should give you peace of mind. They are incompetent at best. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: March 24, 2021

It has now been almost two months waiting to get my dishwasher fixed. Numerous phone calls and a visit from a technician and I still can't get the repair authorized. The dishwasher is 10 years old and has a broken control board the warranty company want the technician to write a report saying why the item is broken he said it is old and is broken due to wear and tear. The warranty is demanding a second opinion so here I am waiting for one of their technicians to see my old dishwasher. Today their technician cancelled an appointment for 1 pm at 12:45 pm! I have experience with other providers and know that warranties are complex but this has been ridiculous and frustrating. The next time a realtor offers me this as part of a transaction I am going to request a different company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

This company is not about warranty, it is about how to screw people. They play games when time comes to pay. I was told I am getting reimbursed 100 percent of my 3000 repair while my entire family was down with Covid. Their vendor doesn’t show and no hot water in the house. I use. My own with three quotes and use cheapest one. Then they play good cop bad cop game and turn around to try to give me half. I have refused because I am going legal route. A I GOING TO TRY FOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. Please join with yours.

Resolution response: March 4, 2021

Sarah A was extremely professional and helpful. She resolved our issue completely as of 3/3/2021.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The contractor who has been trying to get authorization from Old Republic for 2 weeks called this company a "hoax". Their scheme involves asking the contractor unobtainable information only to deny the claim or "run the clock out". Attempting to contact the company takes hours and the customer service representatives take up to 3 days to return a call. Our heat has been out for weeks in the middle of winter. I've been on multiple platforms sharing my experience and my hope is that I can save at least one person from this sort of despair aggravation.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The are among the most expensive one and you get the least satisfaction. I am more than happy to say I DID NOT renew my plan with them. For the item that need to be replaced they offer 5 months leading time while I see it can be delivered weekly (from all appliance seller). They ask if you want you can go with reimbursement that is really unfair.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

We got their home warranty when we bought the house. And even got additional coverage for up to 4 refrigerators because it is a big house. Then 1 refrigerator started having little frost and then leaking so we took it to the garage. Meanwhile the other refrigerator in the kitchen could not get its door closed. So we called this warranty company, and they sent Aall appliance repairing guy in. Their repairing person Eugene found the problem and said he just need to change the unit behind. He said he would come back but asked us to make sure to turn off the fridge and ice would be all thawed 48 hours before he came back. And he would check the other refrigerator more carefully at that time as well as he could not see the temperature difference this time and he is running for his next appointment.

We were all happy and thought both refrigerators would be fixed. But never expected got a call from a lady saying that the Old Republic has declined the obligations of fixing both refrigerators. When I asked for reasons, she said for the refrigerator in the garage, it was because the technician could not find anything wrong even though I told her that was not the case. And I told her I had and showed the technician the pictures when the refrigerator was frozen and leaking, She said I could hire another person by myself, if that person can find something is wrong with that refrigerator, then the home warranty company will reimburse me. Can you believe it? But the refrigerator is still leaking!

Then for the refrigerator in the kitchen, it will ALSO not be covered because they do not cover insulation problem. After more than 2 months, Old Republic also sent me a letter, saying the reason for it's not covered was because of the insulation problem. They would have fooled me if I did not hire my own appliance repairing company. They clearly told me it was just a thermometer (cost $68) that needs to be replaced so the refrigerator will not be frozen. And it HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INSULATION. Just because insulation was one of the lines in their fine prints, they used that conveniently and effortlessly!!! What an awful insurance company! They almost fooled me trying to buy a new refrigerator!

If it's just 1 refrigerator, then I would probably think it's just an error. But they declined for both refrigerators without any evidence, even the tenant and I were both telling them the refrigerator was leaking for the other one, they just insisted it has no problem, all of us were just delusional... I have already reported them to BBB but still Stay away this company is the only advice I can give. You will be wasting your money and they will decline your claim with any excuse they can come up with!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I am currently working with Old Republic Home to claim a water leak on water heater. It was determined by their services provided on Monday 3 pm that water heater need to replace. I was told the water heater will be install next day. It's still not done as of Wednesday. I spend over 6 hours try to get this problem resolved and even as of now, there still seems to be no solution. I am willing to hire my own guy to replace and get reimburse, Old republic only willing to reimburse $458 for labor and material. The cost of water heater is at least $700 already plus labor cost is $300. My tenant already has no hot water for over 4 days, if you don't care about of the business. You should stay away from the warranty business. You are messing with people's life. It's a nightmare to deal with them, before consumer chose then as your home warranty company, think again. You might as well not buy the home warranty and save the headache and frustration.

Resolution response: Dec. 2, 2020

So it is now December 2nd and they were able to resolve the issue, so all in all between getting the parts and getting the tech out here it was about three weeks. Updating the review to two stars because the tech is good and they got the parts in less than 20 days...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

My fridge broke recently and I called them and they sent out a tech that diagnosed it and confirmed that it needs a new compressor. He submitted request to get the parts from ORHP and they say that it will take them 20 business days to research part options and another 3 to 4 days to get the parts to the technician so he can come out and replace them. So it looks like I am going to be without a fridge for around 30 days. This is so so so unacceptable for a critical appliance like a fridge. What could possibly take a company that specializes in fixing / replacing parts 20 business days to research?do

Earlier this year my stove broke down and it was a similar issue, except the model was too old for them to replace the part. So they actually had a tech come back out and pull the control board out of the unit and send it for repair. Then about a month or so later they came out and fixed it. It was inconvenient, but at least I can live fine without a stove, fridge on the other hand is a critical appliance. My contract with them is almost up and I am taking my business elsewhere.

Old Republic Home Protection Company Information