Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.29/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Old Republic Home Protection Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

On 5/20/2016, I put a claim to Old Republic Home Protection (home warranty) because we only had hot water for 30 seconds and then it went ice cold. ORHP sent J and M Services KC who could not resolve the problem, stating “shower valve needs replaced”. I tried telling the representative that it was a housewide issue, not just one shower. Our issue affected every shower as well as every sink faucet. The representative would only test the water for a couple of seconds, he refused to wait the 30 seconds that it took to turn cold. On 7/07/2016 ORHP sent a different company as the issue still had not been resolved. Once this representative showed, he noticed that the secondary water supply line had not been turned off all the way and was dripping inside the wall.

No one in the house had even been in that room since the last plumber was there because it was the storage room. The last person to touch the water supply line was J and M’s representative. This resulted in black mold covering approx. 1/3rd of our basement walls, which had to be removed (including the studs) and replaced, as well as the carpet/padding and all doors in that room. I filed a claim with insurance but of course J and M Services denied liability. Not only did he not fix the problem but he created another huge nightmare of a problem.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

They are the worst!!!! Do not purchase a home warranty from this company! I have been without a washing machine for over a month. Initially they actually referred me to an appliance repair company that doesn’t service my area. Since then, they referred someone else who has tried to repair it three times and has concluded it is not repairable. They have repeatedly told me they have not received that information from the repair tech while the repair tech said he has told them twice. I basically told Old Republic to forget it and my next call was to the realtor that referred Old Republic in the first place.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have been a loyal customer to Old Republic for the last 15 years and today, I am beyond disappointed in their customer service and business practices. To make a long story short, my oven broke and they replaced it with a much cheaper oven that does not fit in my kitchen. Rather than give me another option, or replace my oven with the same make and model that DOES fit- they refuse to help and said that the policy only says they will replace the oven. It does not have to be the same make, model, brand, color or DIMENSION as the previous model. What kind of scam is that? I currently have the new oven sitting in my dining room, and they have offered to return it for a 25% restocking fee. OR- a payout of half the price of the cheaper oven sitting in my dining room. Total total disappointment- and this is with the Platinum Protection Plan. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Sent an sub-standard company to check my system (which cost me $100) and the company reported back that the system had cut wires and was missing parts, which was totally untrue! (It has since been checked by a REPUTABLE company.) Old Republic said therefore, there was no coverage and they could not help. They will not return phone calls to-date and have been dragging these situation out for weeks. It appears they will take all means possible not to pay a claim! This company should be avoided at all costs. Buying a home warranty from them is throwing your money away!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I purchased a townhome that was covered by Old Republic and it had an additional coverage of plumbing. I called several times about the heat and the 2nd or 3rd time one of their vendors came out he said the heating system was wired wrong. Old Republic would not send anyone else out until I got the wiring fixed. I ended up having to have a whole new heating and air system along with new trunk lines. There went $8800. I had to have the stove replaced because it was a 30 year old system and no parts were available to fix it. They did send me a check of what it would cost to find a stove comparable to it so I made out good on that one.

Bought townhome in September and by February I was really sick with respiratory issues. Found out I had mold in my lungs so had house tested and it had black mold as well as several other kinds. They would not cover anything for this nor the repairs so that was about $15,000 to do the testing, the remediation, and the repairs. Then about 2 weeks ago my washer leaked and I went online on the Sunday it happened and complete a report. I never got anything back from them. I called them back on the following Tuesday and had to leave a message for someone to call me back. They never called. I finally called them today and she had no record of me calling or reporting it. Imagine that. I had to use my insurance company and pay $1,400 out of pocket. So I am out of pocket on this house by approx. $25,000 so i don't think a $760 annual renewal fee is worth it in my opinion. I will save that money for future repairs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Republic Home Protection?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I am a tenant in a property that has a home warranty through Old Republic. They did not like the quote from the first company that came out to replace the A/C coils in an old unit. They had the Landlord get another company to come out. It has been one week and the coils have still not arrived. The A/C company told me that they would not give him a date when they would arrive nor a tracking number. The landlord called and tried to get a tracking number and they were told they would not provide one. The original A/C company would have had them here next day with express service. No one wanted to pay for that. I am renting a house with no A/C in Bryan, Tx where the temperatures are exceeding 100 degrees and the internal temperature of the house has been as high as 94 degrees. Shame on the Warranty company and shame on the Landlord.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

This company makes you pay a whole lot of money and does not resolve your issues when you need it. Paid about $800 and when I needed repairs, they never resolved the issue. SCAMMERS! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I had a water heater leaking and it had to be replaced. They only paid $500 which left me with over $800 to pay. So what is the point? If you add up what I paid yearly for the warranty and what I paid out-of-pocket plus the trade fee, I pretty much bought myself a new water heater. Don’t waste your money. Just put some money in savings. Not worth it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have no idea why a title company would even allow Old Republic home warranty as a warranty option. We have had 3 different ac companies out and 1 appliance company. In all cases Old Republic sends the worse reviewed companies in town. I ended up for both the ac and the appliance to find my own reputable companies to address my issues. I wish I would have read the reviews before ever going with Old Republic but I suspect they are all terrible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Had problems with garage door. Called Old Republic. They would not cover somebody to come out because I did not put screws back in the case. Okay fine. I paid out of my own pocket. Problems again with garage door. Called back. They said they would not cover it because I did not send them a receipt from 3 years ago that prove that I paid out of my own pocket. Told them nobody told me to send a receipt. They said it was in the fine print on the brochure. Got hung up two times. Very rude customer service. Kept transferring me. Told them going to cancel. They told me put it in writing and send them a letter.

Old Republic Home Protection Company Information