4.9(48)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Mobility123

Mobility123 offers a variety of independent living solutions and services throughout New Jersey and Philadelphia. Its line includes mobility products, including stair lifts and wheelchair lifts, as well as adaptive remodeling and construction services. It sells products from manufacturers like Bruno, Handicare and Harmar, and all services are backed by an in-house service team.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • In-house service team
  • Turnkey installation services
  • Personalized quotes available
Cons
  • Limited availability
  • No upfront pricing

Our editor’s take on Mobility123

While Mobility123’s inventory is relatively limited in terms of manufacturers it works with, its stair lift offerings are pretty standard. You should be able to find a style that suits your accessibility preferences and your home’s layout and size. The company also offers local turnkey installation, so the process should be efficient and streamlined.

Mobility123 products

Mobility123 sells straight and curved stair lifts for both indoor and outdoor use from three manufacturers: Bruno, Hamar and Handicare. These manufacturers all offer their own products, accessories and warranties.

• Bruno: The Bruno lineup includes Elan, Elite, Curved Rail Elite and Outdoor Elite models, each designed to accommodate diverse environments and preferences.
  • Harmar: The Harmar SL-300 is designed to be durable and low maintenance. It’s backed by a lifetime warranty and has a mechanical folding rail system.
  • Handicare: The Handicare Freecurve is ideal for curved staircases. It’s built with a single rail to save space.

How to get Mobility123

To get a stair lift from Mobility123, start by getting a customized quote. During the quote process, the team will ask about your accessibility needs, what your home looks like and your estimated budget. In most cases, the company will also complete an in-home evaluation to tailor a solution for you.

In addition to product and cost, the company will also help you navigate things like installation specifics, potential health insurance coverage and any financing options you may be eligible for.

Mobility123 services

Mobility123 offers stair lift installation, customer service and repairs. Its in-house construction team includes three full-time, state-licensed elevator mechanics.

Mobility123 also offers stair lift maintenance plans that help ensure your lift works how it should. These plans include regular cleaning and lubrication, adjustments and testing. These maintenance plans may be particularly useful for older relatives or those aging in place.

Mobility123 pricing

Because each stair lift installation is unique, Mobility123 doesn’t offer any information about the cost of purchasing and installing a lift. This is pretty standard in the industry, especially for companies that sell products from a handful of manufacturers. That said, you can get a free, no-obligation quote from the company.

In some cases, you may be eligible for discounts, financing or insurance rebates. A sales representative will discuss your options during the quote process.

Maintenance plans

Mobility123 sells three different maintenance and service plans:

• Basic: At $200 per year, this plan includes one annual maintenance service visit by a Mobility123 technician.
  • Standard: For $350 per year, the Standard plan includes two annual maintenance service visits.
  • Access: For a one-time fee of $1,250, you receive coverage on all parts and labor for the lifetime of your system. This plan charges just $49 for service and repair visits but does not include any annual maintenance.

How does Mobility123 compare?

Mobility123’s model selection is somewhat limited compared with competitors, but its manufacturers offer pretty standard warranties, with five-year coverage up to lifetime protection.

Mobility123 FAQ

Is Mobility123 legit?

Mobility123 is a legitimate company that offers a range of accessibility products and services throughout New Jersey and Philadelphia. While its inventory is somewhat limited, it staffs in-house construction experts and mobility specialists who are focused on local service and support.

What is Mobility123?

Mobility123 is a family-owned, local seller and installer of stair lifts in New Jersey and Philadelphia. Since 2003, its team has helped customers across the area find accessibility solutions that fit their needs and budget. It sells, installs and services stair lifts from Bruno, Handicare and Hamar.

How does Mobility123 work?

Mobility123 starts by conducting a free, no-obligation quote. This may include gathering information like your accessibility preferences, budget and needs. In many cases, one of its sales experts will visit your home to conduct an in-home evaluation. The company then creates a custom quote with a recommended product, how much it may cost and any installation details.

After installation, Mobility123 also offers annual maintenance plans and one-off service and repairs throughout New Jersey and Philadelphia.

Where is Mobility123 available?

Mobility123 is headquartered in Absecon, New Jersey, and offers services throughout New Jersey and Philadelphia.

Stars Rating

• 97%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 2%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mobility123?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mobility123?
    Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 5, 2024

The gentleman from Mobility 123 who came out explained everything. He was very thorough. He said they could install it whenever I was ready. I called and they came out and installed it. The two guys who put it in did a nice job. They weren't here very long. They also explained the procedure of how it works when they were here after they finished installing it. The stairlift from Mobility 123 seems to be working fine. It seemed to be very clean-cut looking and not too visible on the stairs. I needed the lift, but I didn't want it to stick out much. And this is nice. Even though it's slim-looking and almost invisible, it seems to work well. It carries up to 300 pounds. I'm nowhere near that weight, but it's certainly comfortable to sit on.

Pinned

We're thrilled to hear about your wonderful experience with Mobility123! It's great to know that our representative was thorough in explaining everything to you and that the installation process was seamless.

Our team takes pride in their work, and it's fantastic that the two installers did a nice job and efficiently completed the installation. We're also glad they took the time to walk you through how the stairlift operates, ensuring that you feel comfortable and confident using it.

We understand that while you needed the stairlift, you didn't want it to be too conspicuous. That's why we offer sleek and modern designs that blend in with your home's aesthetics. It's wonderful to hear that you find the stairlift clean-cut looking and almost invisible on your stairs.

It's also great to know that despite its slim appearance, the stairlift is comfortable to sit on and has a weight capacity that meets your needs. We strive to provide products that are not only functional but also comfortable and reliable.

Thank you for choosing Mobility123 and for sharing your positive experience with us. We're here to help you maintain your independence and make your life easier. If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Get buying tips about Stair Lifts delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2024

I spoke to the girl from Mobility123 on the phone who set me up with an appointment within two days. A guy came out, took the specifics of what I needed, and somebody was out here the next day and put it in. We had a great demonstration and everything from the guy who put it in there. He was really good. The stairlift fits in the stairwell nicely. He told me it wouldn't block anything. It's great.

As far as the functionality, it's easy for my mom to maneuver. He set it up so she didn't have to walk around to sit in it. She can just walk to it, sit down, and do her thing. At first, she thought we were trying to say she was old, but now she rides down all the time, up and down the stairs. So, it's really nice. Usually, when my mother would try to walk back up, she'd be so tired. She’d stop every couple of steps. So, she would go to bed early. Now she is hanging out with us at 9:00 and 10 o'clock at night because she knows she didn’t have to walk up those steps.

Pinned

It's fantastic to hear that your experience with Mobility123 was so positive and efficient. The quick response in setting up an appointment and the timely installation are great examples of our commitment to customer service. It's also reassuring to know that the installation process was thoroughly explained and that the stairlift fits well in your stairwell without causing any obstructions.

Most importantly, it's wonderful to hear how the stairlift has improved your mother's quality of life. The fact that she finds it easy to use and that it has significantly reduced her physical exertion is a significant benefit. It's great to know she's now able to enjoy more time with the family without the worry and fatigue associated with climbing stairs.

This kind of feedback is invaluable, as it highlights the impact these mobility solutions can have on everyday life. If you or your mother have any further questions, need assistance, or wish to explore additional products or services, please don't hesitate to reach out. Mobility123 is here to support your family's needs and ensure continued satisfaction with our products and services.

Installation & SetupPricePunctuality & SpeedWarranty

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

I got the best price from Mobility123. I purchased Bruno. They're top-rated for the service, warranty, and quality. I'm extremely happy. But there was a little hiccup. They came to install the one day, and the gentleman that had measured originally measured wrong. They brought everything they had. And when the tech looked, he said, "This is measured wrong." So, they had to take everything back and reschedule three days later. I was a bit concerned at first. And they deducted an extra $100 for my inconvenience. But the installer did a good job when he came. And as long as I knew he was coming, I was fine. Also, I wish I saw on which step the stairlift would end. I would have liked it to go up a bit further, so it ended at the platform on the top. But it ends on the stair and then you turn the seat. But we're managing. My son uses it and we're happy with it.

Pinned

Thank you for choosing Mobility123 for your Bruno stairlift purchase and for your understanding during the installation process, Pat. We apologize for the initial hiccup with the measurement and appreciate your patience as we rectified the situation. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us maintain high standards of service and accuracy.

We are glad to hear that despite the initial concern, the installation was completed to your satisfaction and that the compensation offered was accepted as a gesture of our commitment to your experience. Regarding the stairlifts stopping point, we strive to balance safety, functionality, and aesthetics in all our installations. However, we understand your preference for the stairlift to end at the top platform. If you wish to discuss potential adjustments or have any other queries, please feel free to reach out to us.

It's wonderful to know that the stairlift is being used and is making a positive difference for your son. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we're here to support you in any way we can.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

A company I called kept hounding me and trying to force me into using them. At the same time, I called Mobility123 and asked for the same estimate for the same product. I told them that I wasn't ready to do it at that particular time they were fine with it. I don't like to be hounded when I'm doing things because it forces me to make mistakes. When I was ready to move forward, I called Mobility123 and they were more than accommodating. They gave me many choices and they didn't try and oversell me. They followed through on everything that they said they were going to do.

The installation of the stair lift for my mother was perfect. A gentleman showed up when I was told he was going to show up. He was very professional and he knew what he was doing. I've been around home repairs for a long time so I asked him different questions and he had the answers to them. The installation was quick. I as told how long it was gonna take and that was how long it took. The gentleman showed me the product and how it works. He made sure that I understood how exactly it worked and I let him go.

The quality of the product is just what I was told it was going to be. This stair lift added more life to my mom. I have recommended Mobility123 to other family members who were looking to do different things. I also recommended them to friends who were looking to do different things with their parents. If I recommend them that means I trust them.

Pinned

Thank you for your review, Fred. We're pleased to hear that your experience with Mobility123 was positive and pressure-free. We understand that choosing a mobility solution is an important decision that shouldn't be rushed, and we're glad you felt accommodated throughout the process.

It's also good to know that you felt well-informed with the choices presented to you and that we followed through on our commitments. We strive for transparency and customer satisfaction at every step.

Thank you for choosing Mobility123 for your stairlift needs. We're here to assist you with any future requirements or concerns you may have.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

I needed a stairlift for my mom to come home from the hospital and Mobility could get there the quickest. It's a family-owned company, which I discovered, and they were excellent in communication, understanding, and really trying to work with me to get my mom home. When they came and measured everything, I couldn't be there because I was with my mom at the hospital and they were so kind and just explained how far it would come out. I could picture it just from them telling me and the pictures they shared. The installers were only there one day and they took good care of the house. They were conscious of our home and what they had to do. We had to take down one railing on the side of where the stair is mounted because it would come out too far and it was perfect.

Also, we had them do the bathroom and they did a really wonderful job of putting in a walk-in shower, which is also wheelchair-accessible in a smaller bathroom. The home was built in 1948 so they were dealing with ceramic tile walls that they had to take out to put the insert in. It took them three days and it was great. Mobility had great workers that were just so polite to anyone that was coming in the house doing some other work.

Pinned

Thank you for your detailed review, Cheri. We're thrilled to learn that we could meet your urgent needs and help make your home accessible for your mom's return from the hospital. Timeliness and effective communication are cornerstones of our service, and it's gratifying to know that these aspects stood out to you.

It's also great to hear that you felt our team was considerate and efficient during both the stairlift and walk-in shower installations. Older homes like yours often present unique challenges, and we're pleased that you're satisfied with how we handled the complexities of your 1948-built home.

We truly appreciate your recognition of our team's politeness and care for your home. Our aim is to deliver an exceptional experience, and it sounds like we've succeeded in your case.

Thank you for entrusting your mobility solutions to Mobility123. We're here for any future needs you or your mom may have.

Reviewed June 6, 2024

Everything's been great in my experience with Mobility123. It's a brand-new chairlift. Everything works like they said it would and I'm happy with it. The installers were also neat and clean and they explained everything.

Pinned

Trish, we're delighted to hear about your positive experience with Mobility123! We strive to deliver on our promises, providing reliable products and excellent service. We're glad that your new chairlift is working well and that our installers provided a neat, clean, and informative installation experience.

Thank you for choosing Mobility123!

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 26, 2024

The stairlift is working well. It's very convenient for my mother-in-law. The ease of use is very good because it's foldable. She knows exactly how to set it up, put on her belt, and it's very comfortable for her to sit down. The best part is there is a mechanical switch on the chair and they've given us two remotes, one on the top and one at the bottom. So if she comes up and we don't want the chair to be slightly blocking, we can just use the remote and park it downstairs. That's quite good. She used to struggle climbing up the stairs. But now, it's comfortable for her to go up and down. So that strain is not there anymore on her feet.

Pinned

Anuradha, we're so happy to hear that the stairlift has been a valuable addition to your home, providing your mother-in-law with greater comfort, convenience, and independence. It's wonderful that she finds the chair easy to use and that the features, such as the foldable design and remote controls, enhance its practicality.

We're thrilled that the stairlift is easing her strain and making it easier for her to navigate between floors.

Thank you for choosing Mobility123!

Ease of Use

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Mobility123 gave us a date of one week. But when we told them how urgent it was, they came in two days. Also, they said to call for maintenance or any questions. Our chairlift works well. It does what it's supposed to do. Easy to use. We're very happy.

Pinned

Jamie, we're thrilled that we could accommodate your urgent need for a chairlift and expedite the installation within two days. We understand that accessibility needs can arise unexpectedly, and we strive to be flexible and responsive to our customers' timelines.

We're pleased to hear that your chairlift is working well and meeting your expectations for ease of use. Remember, our team is always here to answer any questions or provide maintenance support whenever needed!

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I got a straight up and down stairlift from Mobility123. So far, it's good. It works well.

Pinned

John, we're glad to hear that your straight stairlift is working well! We appreciate you choosing Mobility123 and are here for you if you have any questions or need assistance in the future.

Price

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I called Mobility123 and got the quote. I got the stairlift that goes straight up and down. I'm a repeat customer and the price is the same as if I am a new.

Pinned

Siavash, we're thrilled to have you as a repeat customer! We strive to offer competitive pricing on all our products, regardless of whether it's a customer's first or fifth purchase.

We appreciate your continued trust in Mobility123!

Mobility123 Company Information