Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Help me decide

2.7/5 (27 ratings)
Find a Heating and Cooling Systems partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have used Lindstrom Air because they installed both our original A/C units which were Trane, we have since replaced one of them with a Carrier unit, I was disappointed that they could not tell me (I spoke with a lady named Kats) if the A/C units installed by them are compatible with the NEST programmable thermostat without charging me to come out and look at the unit for $89.00. I have the model numbers and brand, however, they do too, it just seems as though they can tell you over the phone if their units are compatible. One of my A/C units are 24 years old and will soon need replacing and I absolutely will not go through them for that reason. I did not find their service any better than other people that I have used and customer service is a priority to me.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Technician ** was very thorough and efficient with servicing my unit. He was courteous and polite. He answered all my questions. He did clean work and had a very pleasant smile. I HAD 6 MONTHS PRIOR AND HE DID A GOOD JOB THEN.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Lindstrom is a A+ class act! For years every house I have Lindstrom installs my Air Conditioners as well as maintains them. Any service needs and problems are attended to immediately. Joe ** and the entire staff are Extremely professional and highly skilled with customer service above all off the charts with EXCELLENCE. I feel safe and in good hands, and they never leave me without A/C for even an hour! I highly recommend using only this company for your Air Conditioning installation and repair needs. Thank You Lindstrom!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I cannot recommend this company. I called them to determine the reason my A/C system was not working because they were the ones who installed it (hired by the previous home owner). A service tech arrived and politely started checking the unit. Upon completion he told me that the condenser coil was leaking and was under warranty. However there was a "but" statement added. He said I would need a full leak test for around $850 dollars before they could repair the system. My reply was, "The condenser coil is leaking and is under warranty so let's take care of this." The reply was, "Well we don't know if there are other leaks and will not know without the leak test." For which I replied that I was not interested in spending an additional $850 at the moment when he determined the coil was leaking.

I paid for the service visit and called Lindstrom service department the next day to schedule the coil replacement. They told me that the service ticket said that the problem could not be isolated and a leak test was required. I told the service rep that I was not interested in an upsell in services and wished to have the coil replaced under warranty. Lindstrom was not willing to repair the system without the additional service. To get by for a short period I had the system checked and filled by another company. They confirmed the condenser coil was leaking. I have reached out to Lindstrom again about repairing the system. During this call they told me the service tech who came to my house was no longer with the company. For which I said, "Great, can we get my unit repaired?" The service rep was not willing to quote a service call other than the $850 for a leak test plus possible other charges.

Original review: June 15, 2018

This was my first experience with the company, and I wasn't impressed. Let me explain- while the technician was polite, he treated me like a stupid housewife who didn't have any common sense. When he initially arrived, he shut off the AC and wanted to change the filter in the return. I told him that my husband just replaced it and that wasn't necessary. He looked into the return anyway to see for himself. When he saw the filter was new, he left it alone- but why couldn't you listen to me in the first place?

Next, he took the panel off the unit to check the coils. He stated that the bulbs needed to be replaced in my unit. When I asked how much that would be he stated $350. Are you kidding me? For bulbs? When I declined a replacement he stated how important it was for the UV bulbs to be working because it would prevent my children from getting asthma. Really? Essentially giving me a guilt trip which I didn't appreciate. Then, he showed me the gunk in the line that would clog up the line potentially. I said, "Ok, we'll put some bleach or white vinegar in the line to keep it clear."

He then proceeded to tell me that you couldn't use those products because they are acid and would deteriorate the glue in the pipe and then the pipe would fail- while promoting their product to use for an additional charge. Do you think I'm that stupid? If it were true that you couldn't use bleach or vinegar then all the lines in everyone's house would fail because we all have plastic pipes and have used bleach or vinegar one time or another.

Moving on, he checked the unit outside and showed me that the capacitor wasn't working to full capacity- though he was telling me that it was a battery that turned the unit on. I know what a capacitor is. He had me so confused with his "battery talk" that I called my husband who wanted me to FaceTime so he could see this "battery". When I showed him he knew it was the capacitor. Again, treating me like a stupid housewife. The technician then proceeded to recommend that it be replaced. When I declined, he stated that "well if it fails and we have to replace it in the future, you're going to have to pay for the part and the service call because I am going to put it in my paperwork that it needed to be changed." What a minute! I am signing up for a maintenance plan and you're telling me that I would have to pay for a service call on top of this? What the hell is the plan for then?

When I questioned him on this stating how shady this sounded, he started backtracking and said, "well they probably wouldn't charge you for the service call". Unbelievable. When he finished, he stated he wanted to schedule the next visit. I said just have the office call me later. He insisted on scheduling it right then - which I can only assume he gets credit for. I didn't want to schedule because quite frankly, I wasn't impressed with the service and the upselling but again he didn't listen to me so I just threw a date at him. So when my husband got home he wanted to see what these $350 bulbs looked like. He took off the panel while the AC was on and lo and behold... the bulbs were working!! How about that!

I don't appreciate the upselling- I should be dealing with a technician, not a salesman. The sneakiness really got me upset. He was trying to sell me overpriced bulbs that didn't need replacing. Furthermore, I cannot read what my paperwork states. The writing is so illegible. You're sending these techs out to people's homes, the people should be able to read their paperwork for goodness sake! Please do not send this tech to my house again, and if this is your normal practice and he was following protocol then we need to find another company because this is unacceptable!

Original review: May 20, 2018

My bi yearly service maintenance was a nightmare. The serviceman was more interested in selling me extra services than doing the maintenance service I paid for in advance. Almost all services that have been included in the past have a very pricey extra charge. Unclogging a pipe that wasn’t clogged $225.00 clean dust from inside air handler $225.00. Replace safety switch $225.00. When asked why so much for this switch that cost $15.00 from Amazon I was told “it was $15.00 for the switch and $200.00 for a smile”. If I need gas for the machine that would have been an additional charge. This was not charged for in past years. Instead of being serviced I felt like I invited a used car salesman into my house.

Original review: April 3, 2018

This is the fourth time my air conditioner with Lindstrom Air has broken in 3 months. However, I am more shocked with how horribly Lindstrom treats its customers! I called to schedule a service appointment and the woman was rude, defensive, repeatedly interrupted me, and yelled at me. Not a way to treat a customer! I STRONGLY recommend against using this company if you can avoid it.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Not a Florida Resident, snowbird - used Lindstrom since 2014 for 2 service calls - a little expensive, but punctual and professional. Example - replaced a capacitor and charged $238.00 for the part - a list price $56.00 item. Called and they refunded $100.00 inv# **. Recently - 8/1/17 - I had a clogged drain line, water leaking out of the drain pan. Had a friend meet the serviceman. Back in Oct. 2016 Inv# ** the charge was $89.00 to clear the drain line - with a coupon.

When the serviceman got done he gave my friend the bill for $356.00. Inv# ** - The base charge was $118.00, and $238.00 to glue a loose plastic fitting and suck out the drain line from outside the house with a wet vac. When I called to question the charge I was told that their servicemen work from "a menu of charges" and that sucking out the drain line falls under miscellaneous - $238.00! They said the charge stood - I would not recommend these crooks to anyone! Need an honest and very reliable small firm - Sal's A/C 954 261-1128 recommended by friends using him for over 20 years!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This is actually my second post as I removed the first one to see if the company would redeem themselves. My experience with this company is beyond a nightmare. When the first technician came out he was rude and start assuming what the problem was with my AC and then started quoting these outlandish prices before assessing the problem. Once I said that I needed to get a second opinion and if he could possibly do a diagnosis to see what the problem is, he stated that I needed to check it myself and proceeded to leave. Very unprofessional and rude.

My next visit was for them to do the actual repair so they sent out their technician Aaron. Since their boss was angry with me for making my initial post that I removed he had his technician Aaron put a nest of bugs in my home. After he left I have had bugs flying all around my home. What they didn't know is that I have hidden cameras in my house and I have already reported them to law enforcement. So if you ever write a bad review about their company you better not hire them to do a job because they are nasty and vindictive. I am going to run their reputation in the ground. My entire community where I live has reported how incompetent this company is. I live in a brand new development and the majority of the HVAC units have serious issues with Lindstrom Air Conditioning.

Original review: July 27, 2017

We were having a leak from the overflow pan in our attic so we called them to come check it out. The tech, Chad was very polite and knowledgeable about the exact problem and showed us what the issue was. Due to the age of our system we are having a new one put in. No sales pressure. Everyone has been awesome!! Ten year warranty. Twice a year maintenance. Absolutely love these guys!!

Lindstrom Air Conditioning & Plumbing Company Information