2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.11/5

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: June 20, 2020

LGI is veteran-friendly, being that I’m a US Marine. They used my VA loan in order to help purchase the home. I guess the overall location of where it is as far as like where it is from the schools, and I guess the selection of the house that we had. Arlene, the home consultant, was amazing, and so was Ricky and the other lady who did the closing. They were very professional. They made it easy for us to get our paperwork in there. I was at work majority of the time, so they, together with my wife, did an outstanding job. They got us in our home under a month. I don’t have any negative things to say about the quality of the house. The community is cool too. It’s very quiet and nice.

LGI Homes response

First of all, thank you for your service! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are happy that you are enjoying your new home and community. We hope you enjoy it for many more years!

Original review: June 19, 2020

All the LGI Homes people were great to work with. I went with them for the price and it's also a new-construction home. The new home is very fine. It's good construction. But I want something for the backyard. In some construction homes, the backyard is finished. Maybe in other areas, they are doing the backyard. Also, the LGI Homes in different places have finished-construction basements. This home just make like the store. It’s not a basement.

LGI Homes response

Hi Mahomoud, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy that we were able to offer you a new construction home at a price you are comfortable with! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Tour visit - I visited LGI last Sat with Grant in Spring Hills, TN. I had the worst experience in my life. I felt like I was a a used car lot, the customer service was horrible! I will never use LGI. Unprofessional!

LGI Homes response

Hi Tracy, we appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to provide you with all the information you need to make a decision on if the community and home is a right fit for you. We wish you luck in your search!

Original review: June 12, 2020

I wanted to get a brand new home and they had a really good deal. My Realtor found the place and then we liked it when we first got there. We worked with Mariana and she was welcoming and she worked my needs. It’s a brand new community. But I would like for them to put more street lights. The whole neighborhood is dark. There’s no lights in the parking lot and there’s no lights in the common shared sidewalk with the houses. It’s all dark at night so it’s hard for people to find houses if they are trying to go over to your house at night. Walking along dark sidewalks is not welcoming. The amenities are good but they should install a pool somewhere. Overall, my experience was good from the beginning until the end.

LGI Homes response

Hi Adam, we appreciate your feedback. We are proud to offer quality homes at a great value and are glad that your buying experience was enjoyable. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 11, 2020

LGI's rep did a good job. Whenever I had a question, he answered it. Going with them was a lengthy process but it was easy. However, now that I have my home, there are parts that I feel are a little cheap. The way that the island in my kitchen was put in was crooked. It wasn't finished. LGI's crew had to come back to put that in. Plus, there is one window that is cracked. While I know that LGI will come to fix it, I want everything to be in tiptop shape as a buyer. It seemed that LGI got the cheapest things they could get. I wouldn't be proud if I were the owner of the company. Still, I'm pleased with the house and overall, I have a nice neighborhood. Their rep is still in contact with me and he is checking to make sure everything is okay with the house I got.

LGI Homes response

Hi John, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear the process was easy and that your New Home Consultant is still in contact with you. Please be sure to submit a warranty claim through our online portal for any items you need repaired. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 10, 2020

At first, LGU Homes rep, Kyle came out a little strong and I talked to him about it. He knew the home was gonna be gone in a day and I thought he was pressuring me. But we got along very well and he had been with me through the whole process. He was very knowledgeable. Everybody from LGI Homes that I dealt with took a personal interest. They realized that I was eligible and that I was going to make sure that I got what was promised me. They were always open to take my calls and answer questions, e-mails and texts. The responses were always very quick. They worked really well with my team of mortgage lenders and insurance people, so the process for me was very smooth.

I’ve been very happy with my home. Initially, I understand that I bought one that amounts to a starter home. But I've also bought a starter home twelve years ago, and the quality of the LGI Home is much better. I've had some minor issues prior to closing and one or two after, but they’re minor. It’s in a small community and that’s one of the reasons why I bought here. It’s one of the only places where you can actually get a decent piece of land. Overall, I got what I was expecting and that wouldn't always happen when you buy a home or when you deal with large businesses.

LGI Homes response

Hi Gregg, we appreciate your review! We strive for exceptional customer service and are glad that you enjoyed working with Kyle and that the process was smooth. We love to hear that you appreciate the quality of your home. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 9, 2020

We drove in at LGI and they opened the door during COVID, so we got a one-on-one experience and it all went uphill from there. The purchase process was good. Right then and there, they showed us the best house on the block. They showed us the five-bedroom and then they showed us the four-bedroom and three-bedroom. We went with the five-bedroom and I'm satisfied with the purchase. They were in a contract with a mortgage company and they gave a $7,000 credit. It was all legit and there was no shady business. Everything was honest and did background checks on each other. It was a smooth process from going into the contract to closing.

LGI Homes response

Hi Johnnie, thank you for the review. We're glad you enjoyed working with us and our process. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 7, 2020

LGI was within my price range and had the features I wanted. The guy that showed us around was very helpful. He answered all of our questions. But the process of getting my paperwork together for the loan company was a struggle. The house is nice and I'm satisfied with it. There were a few items that I requested to get fixed and I still haven't gotten them fixed yet. But overall, they did a good job with the quality of the house. I submitted three requests for the items to be fixed. I've also reached out to the property manager. He came by and looked at the request and he told us to go ahead and report it to the portal then he will have the service scheduled to fix it. But I still haven't heard anything. I'm a little bit disappointed with that part.

LGI Homes response

Hi Lackrag, we appreciate the review. We apologize for the delay in getting your items taken care of; some of our warranty processes are currently delayed due to COVID-19 and we will get those things fixed as soon as we can. We are glad that you are enjoying your home and hope you spend many happy years there!

Original review: June 4, 2020

I was living in an apartment and I was tired of renting. I realized I can spend the same amount of money investing in a home. Half of my apartment was released and we were looking at preowned homes but they were just not in good condition. Also, if I buy that home, I was gonna be spending money on roof, appliances, flooring. So, we looked at new-build homes and LGI got our attention. If you get a new house, no one has lived in it before. You know the roof is gonna be fine for 10 years, and the appliances and the flooring are gonna be good, which was why we kinda chose new build. The house took five months and they actually got it four days before the closing date. The reps gave me updates a couple of weeks when my house was being done, so the communication was good.

There were some touch-up paint that I did, but that was fine. I can do that stuff. The carpet is not good quality but it’ll work for a couple years. We live on a farm with cows and we kinda get the manure smell so that kinda bothers me a little bit but it goes away. With all these buildings going on, it’s probably gonna go away pretty soon. So, overall, the community is good. LGI is building a lot of homes out here.

LGI Homes response

Hi Kyle, thank you for taking the time to review. We definitely agree with you - there are many benefits of buying new construction over resale! We're glad that we could help you out of your rental situation and become a homeowner. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: June 2, 2020

Angie of the main LGI Homes office in the Presidential Glen was really helpful. She followed up, gave me updates, and explained everything to me. I like the home's location and that it's quiet. It was really a nice experience. I haven't gotten the chance to use the amenities because of the COVID-19 stuff going on, but it looks good. I can't wait to get over there, look around, and swim in the pool.

LGI Homes response

Hi Horacio, thank you for the review. We can't wait for you to be able to use the amenities! Congratulations on your new home.

LGI Homes Company Information