3.9/5 (270 ratings)

About LGI Homes

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

Pros

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

Cons

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: May 4, 2022

The application was an easy process. We just waited 30 days for the loan to be processed. They were pretty helpful and they gave me a heads up on what I needed and the information they needed me to provide them with. The home was a move-in ready. I didn't have to wait six months to get the home built. But there are some things I disliked with the home. Our staircase going up was narrow. I had to have the builder look at it and see if he could figure it out. He was dumbfounded too and he had to scrape off the walls in order to get the thing up there. Other than that, everything went well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Misty, we appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve. We are happy you are satisfied with your homebuying process. Congratulations on your new home, we hope your enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: May 3, 2022

The reps were reputable people. The communication was okay but I didn't like the idea of having to constantly check my email because I'm busy too. Outside of that, everything I asked was answered.

LGI Homes response

Hi Michelle, we are happy to hear all your questions were answered during your homebuying process. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: May 2, 2022

They responded immediately and the rep was really nice. I love the layout and color of the house. The quality is nice.

LGI Homes response

Hi Elma, thank you for the review! Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: May 1, 2022

My rep was very responsive. He provided great customer service. The process was great and the house looks pretty decent. The community has a decent amount of amenities as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Romin, we are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with LGI Homes. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: April 30, 2022

Manny, the rep from LGI, was quick on the responses. The quality of the build could have been better though. There were some mistakes right away. When I first used the garage door, it didn't work but that got fixed within three days. Then, some of the light switches weren't calibrated properly. You'd have to have the entryway light on in order to turn the garage door light on and off. But they were just some minor stuff. Living in my new home is great. It's only a house full of six people, so it's nice to have peace and quiet.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jason, we are happy to hear our team could get your items addressed quickly. We believe in the quality of our homes, which is why we offer an industry-leading warranty. If you have any other items you'd like addressed by our construction team, please submit them to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Everything was smooth and we had clear communication during the purchase process with LGI. Anytime I had a question, they were able to appease me. If they didn’t know the answer, they pointed me in the right direction. We’re still moving and hopefully, today is the last day. The hot water heater had to be replaced so that was the first seven days of calling and having to request someone out. But LGI responded quickly.

I called the plumber three times. The first day, the builder was able to get someone over the same day. He asked someone to come out because the water wasn’t hot and on the same day, I closed. Somebody came over and adjusted something, and it still wasn’t hot later on that day. So, I called the next day. Somebody came out the following day. We had to keep calling three times and it was inconvenient as far as scheduling. Still, someone came out the next day. My husband told them that the water heater just needs to be replaced because they replaced the thermostat and the other thing that blew out a couple of times. It’s still lukewarm in my hallway bathroom and master’s room. It would get hot after they changed the thermostat but it wouldn’t stay hot for long. But now, it’s hot. So, it’s working perfectly.

LGI Homes response

Hi Tiffany, first, congratulations on becoming a homeowner! We take pride in our customer service and are glad to hear you had a smooth homebuying process. We are also happy to hear our team responded quickly about your water heater. If you have any items that you'd like addressed by our construction team, please submit them to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Thank you!

Original review: April 28, 2022

The build is of good quality. Jordan, the rep, was good at communication. He sold it well to us on the tour. We ended up not getting new carpet and it didn’t look very good. But after talking to Jordan, the manager of the construction site came in and ended up getting us new carpet. So, it was taken care of. I'm satisfied with the amenities and I’m comfortable with the community. It's been a smooth experience with LGI.

LGI Homes response

Hi Mackenzie, we are happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with your New Home Consultant and that you are loving your home! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner, we hope you enjoy living at your community for years to come!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Everything was great with LGI but the lender was awful. She was unprofessional and didn't communicate well. The process was delayed because of things that she didn't supply and she didn't tell us what was going on. We had a closing date and she didn’t tell us that we would not be closing on that day. She was terrible. But everyone else was super awesome. The quality of the build is amazing and the size is perfect. The bathroom is literally the length of the living room. Thus far, everything’s been wonderful. Although we had trouble with the lender, I knew what I had to do and when I spoke with her manager, she stepped in and took over.

LGI Homes response

Hi Takeshia, we are happy to hear your situation was addressed by management and the problem was solved. We take pride in the quality of our construction and are glad that you love your home! Congratulations, we hope you enjoy your home for years to come.

Original review: April 26, 2022

We toured the house and liked it. The reps were all very nice. The community is good. We met our neighbors and we liked them.

LGI Homes response

Hi Diana, congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: April 25, 2022

Purchasing the home was very smooth and easy. LGI made it very simplistic. Also, they were more fair on per square footage in this area. I like the foyer into the entranceway of the house, the split of having the option of a shower in the master bedroom and then the bathtub in the guest's room, the backyard patio, and the basic open-floor concept of the kitchen and living room. But I was trying to get in contact with both lines for the home because I'm curious as to why they don't have blinds installed with the home if they already had one of the windows with blinds on.

LGI Homes response

Hi Raymond, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our simplified homebuying process and that you are loving the layout of your home! If you have any questions about the interior of your home, please submit a warranty claim via our online portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com so that our construction team can address them. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 24, 2022

LGI offered a lot of great things and they helped us financially. They met every single one of our little standards that we had. The rep we worked with was great. He answered all of our questions. He was very thorough with everything. When my husband and I were debating on his team, he said, “You know what, let me give you some space.” He actually stepped away to let us discuss further and in private. So he was very respectful. It's a very beautiful home. It’s so much easier being able to be you inside your own house, and I love it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Alicia, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience with your New Home Consultant and you were able to get all your questions answered. We take pride in our customer service and strive to make sure our customers have smooth homebuying process. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you love it for years to come.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Ryan was very helpful. He helped us throughout the process. Closing was good. LGI was very accessible and knowledgeable. So they kept the process pretty easy. It was also very quick. There was no delay for any reason. So it was nice. But we got a complaint from the internet guy. They run coaxial cable, and apparently, no one runs coaxial anymore. But other than that, the home has been good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Alexander, we are happy to hear you had a great experience with your New Home Consultant! If any items arise, please submit a warranty claim via our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: April 22, 2022

We worked with Michael at LGI and he was pleasant to deal with. He wasn't pushy. He let his product sell itself and he had no problem selling it at all. Also, they were able to give me the best deal available. They did everything possible to make sure that it happened and that we were able to get into the home in a reasonable amount of time. They did a fabulous job. We're all moved in now and we were able to have solar panels put in on top of just getting a brand new home. We didn't expect to be able to do that. We're sitting here and we are delighted.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ronald, we appreciate your review and are happy to hear you had an amazing homebuying experience with your New Home Consultant, Michael! Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: April 21, 2022

They had three houses available, we looked at two of them, and then, within 30 minutes, we put an offer down. Then we were contacted every Thursday going forward while working with the loan process to get approved. The purchase went smooth and we've moved in now. The quality of the home is good but there's a few things that need working on, and they're working on the requests right now. There's an outlet that you can't plug anything into. There's a gap in the garage. There's even carpet that wasn't put in properly in my office room. So we are waiting for that to get done. But the community is nice. It's close to where I need to work and it seems like everyone that's moving in there is pretty friendly or is safe to live nearby.

LGI Homes response

Hi Orrin, we are happy to hear you had a smooth homebuying experience with LGI Homes! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner, we hope you enjoy your home for years to come.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I had pretty positive treatment from LGI and they were very communicative. They made time and anytime I had questions, they were very happy to answer. They're very open to people like me that buy their first home.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jeffrey, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great experience with our team. Congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

Original review: April 8, 2022

There was no proper communication from day one, including the sales agent. Everyone didn't communicate well. When we tried to communicate, they never responded back, including the manager. Also, they didn't give proper enough time between the orientation and the closing. It was just one and half hour gap that they gave between the orientation and the closing. Every time the manager threatens me by saying, "Do you want the house or not?" They said, "We cannot change the closing date." They also said clearly, "It's up to you. We have a lot of buyers. Other buyers are waiting." The sales agent and the manager threatened me a lot of times. I asked a million times about the closing date and they never disclosed the closing date. They would say roughly sometime end of this month.

When we did the house inspection, a lot of items didn't do properly. They said they would fix it later. I don't mind going for closing, but since I have a very bad experience with LGI, I need that on paper. But they told me that they were not going to put that on paper. They also said, "If we don't fix it, maybe you can just open the case on the LGI website and they'll take care of it." The construction manager was the only one who helped me a little bit. But the rest of them were not good. This was not just me. Even my friend had this very bad experience and he backed out completely. He didn't buy the house.

LGI Homes response

Hi Viswal, we are sorry to hear about your homebuying experience. We expect our team to provide exceptional customer service and are disappointed to hear about the communication you received from your New Home Consultant and Sales Manager. We appreciate your feedback and will be investigating your situation further in order to provide better training to our team. If you have any outstanding warranty items you'd like addressed, please submit a claim to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Thank you.

Original review: April 7, 2022

My agent, Aaron, was professional and considerate. Working with him was great. The quality of the build is very good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Wenbin, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great experience with your New Home Consultant, Aaron. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 6, 2022

LGI Homes aren't move-in ready. They're just new builds. We've done a lot of cleaning since the construction crews did the final walkthrough with the construction manager, Ethan. I've been in the construction industry before, so knew what to expect. We had the carpets shampooed before we moved in. We also scheduled an air duct cleaning as well because there's quite a gunk in the air ducts. Other than the cleanliness factor, we haven't really had many issues. There was a small issue with the garage door that wouldn't close yesterday, but I was able to get that taken care of.

One thing I'd also recommend to anybody that's never seen a new build before is to have a third party inspection done because there's a lot of little stuff that would have taken me a while to catch. I just paid a home inspector $450 to go in there and go through the whole house. But most of the stuff that the home inspector caught was mostly cosmetic and the construction crew did a great job of taking care of all that.

There are a lot of hoops you got to jump through with the underwriter. It's a long process and that was more difficult than dealing with the LGI themselves because we ended up bringing our lender to the table. At one point, I thought we were told that the house had concrete fiberboard and it's actually just OSB. So, that was a communication issue. Other than that, everything's up to code with the home. Craftsmanship is not poor by any means. There were just some little things that I would have done differently, but I'm picky when it comes to drywall, insulation and construction. Overall, it's a fair quality home for the price.

LGI Homes response

Hi Aaron, we are happy to hear you are satisfied with your home's quality! We take pride in our construction process and our homes go through several third-party inspections. We believe in the quality of our builds, which is why we offer an industry leading warranty on our homes. If you need any items addressed by our construction team, please submit a claim to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Congratulations on your new home and we hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had a really good experience with the rep. We can reach him and he's very flexible with the time. He also gives really good information ahead. And he's very helpful. LGI is a good business.

LGI Homes response

Hi Sunil, thank you for the review. We are so happy that you had a great experience with your New Home Consultant! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: April 4, 2022

The quality of the build is good. But it could have been a different material. For the flooring, instead of vinyl sheet, something like vinyl plank or a hardwood could make it more appealing to the buyers. Also, the carpet needs replacement. Other than that, for the price point, the home is reasonably good. On the PR side of things, everything is great.

LGI Homes response

Hi Krishnamurthy, we appreciate your feedback about your home. While we do not provide the ability to customize items in your home, it allows us to make the dream of homeownership possible to our customers cost-effective and at a shorter timeline than other builders. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Original review: April 3, 2022

The process was simple and easy, but with the demand in the market, there's nothing we could say on anything. Even as simple as when I wanted to change the closing time from 4 o'clock to 3 o'clock, they said, “No, because we have too many closings.” Whatever timelines the builders put in, there was no flexibility. It was not monetary flexibility or negotiations. The discussions went like, “Okay, if you want to do it right now, do it. Otherwise, you may not be able to close that.” The quality of the home is good, so I'm real impressed. There's no question there. There were a few items that were not completed before closing, but those are very small items. Those were listed in the process, and they're taking care of it. I will highly recommend LGI.

The closing cost consideration and taking care of some of the costs was good. But at the same time, the overall interest rate has been higher compared to the market, so I tried to get that negotiated. However, there was some confusion within the lender. The rep felt that he needed some more details, and there was some communication gap there. I wanted a better rate, but I did not end up getting anything worked out. He spoke to me after two weeks asking about the competitive quotes, and by that time, the rates have increased in the market, so I was not able to really act and get benefited. The rates were almost up by 0.5% compared to what I was getting outside.

LGI Homes response

Hi Srinivasa, we are happy to hear you were impressed by the quality of your home and that the homebuying process was simple and easy! We appreciate your feedback regarding communication with our team, as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 2, 2022

It was very convenient. The LGI reps were very flexible and worked around our schedule. We were comfortable with them, and the quality of the build is pretty minimal but okay.

LGI Homes response

Hi Oksana, we are happy to hear you had a great homebuying experience with your LGI Homes' team! We appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: April 1, 2022

We saw the house and went for it. It was already ready, so there was not too much of communication needed back and forth between the process. We had a home inspection done, and the reports came out fine. There were some issues that were encountered, but overall, it was okay. The only thing I would definitely suggest is having grass either on the front yard or the backyard. That would be a good addition to be done for homeowners, and it's something that should be taken care of from the builder itself. Overall, the experience was fantastic, especially since LGI had their own lenders that we could work with. That eased out the process of getting the financing done. If I look back though, the interest rate that was offered from the lender was on the higher side, which is something that should be definitely looked into.

LGI Homes response

Hi Nikhil, we are happy to hear you had a quick and smooth homebuying experience with LGI Homes! We appreciate your feedback regarding the home and the financing process, as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: March 31, 2022

The rep was wishy-washy. She wasn't the best, and I never got straight answers out of her. Pretty much the whole experience with LGI wasn't very good. They could improve on their communication, lying between different departments. Also, it's a nice house, but there's definitely some touch-ups that need to be done. I gave LGI a list of stuff that needed to be done before closing and majority of it was not done. I'm still waiting.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ryan, we are disappointed to hear about your experience. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and are concerned by your comments. Our team will be investigating this situation further in order to provide additional training to our team. Our homes are built to the highest quality standards; however, we do recognize that with new construction occasionally repairs will need to be made which is why it is backed by an industry leading warranty. If you haven't already, please submit any and all items that need to be addressed by our construction team through the online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Bill the rep was good and very sincere, and I felt very comfortable. The ceiling height of the build can be better than what we got, but besides that, it's good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Veerendra, we are happy to hear you had a great homebuying experience with your New Home Consultant! Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: March 29, 2022

The rep we worked with was good. He was responsive and answered all the questions we had. Our LGI home is good as well, but it's not great. There are some of minor things that they may need to include as per their standard. For example, in the master bath, there is no drawer or anything for towels. Also, the sprinkler system is the minimum thing that everybody is expecting nowadays for any house, and that is not included. Even as an upgrade, we didn't get an option to install sprinklers for the house. When you build a house, it is very important to water your lawn. Moreover, if you want to hire a person, that is another headache for us.

LGI Homes response

Hi Vasavi, we are happy to hear you had a good homebuying experience with your New Home Consultant! While we do not provide the ability to customize your home, it allows us to make the dream of homeownership possible to our customers cost-effective and at a shorter timeline than other builders. We also provide included upgrades in each home, which provides a better buying experience and more value in your home. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Tyler sold me the home, and he gave me some good information. He also gave me an option, and I could make a better choice, but I didn't. I don't like to stay close to the power land, so I didn't select the one that's a little too close to it. I got the second best option, which is also okay. I like the backyard, and everything inside the home is good. It's big, so we have enough space and everything works good so far. I talked with a few neighbors too.

I just came in for one week and I have some issues, but Jake, the rep, figured things out. I still have something pending, like the fan in the laundry room. It's starting to work good though. Jake helped me ask for somebody to come to help this Wednesday, so I hope we can figure out everything. We feel comfortable, and we are confident it could be fixed. Overall, my experience was very good, but it could be better.

LGI Homes response

Hi Yuija, we are happy you are satisfied with your home and your homebuying experience! We take pride in the quality of our homes, however we understand that with new construction, some items may come up after closing and so we are proud to offer several warranties on our homes. If you have any more items you'd like addressed by our construction team, please submit a claim to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com.

Original review: March 27, 2022

The communication was excellent. Any time I called, I could get the rep, Jason, on the phone. If I couldn't get him, he would call me right back. The LGI reps were always very courteous, nice, warm and easy to talk to. Whatever we were concerned about, they got to it right away, so it wasn't frustrating at all. It was good. The quality of the home could have been a little better if we would have been allowed to choose some things that we wanted in the home. However, the rep told us from the outset that we wouldn't be able to choose anything, so we knew we would have to change things once we got in here. There’s quite a few things we're gonna have to change to our taste. I'm not fond of the stove and having the linen inside the bathroom. The sinks in the bathroom are way too small as well, and we're gonna have to change that and put in double sinks.

LGI Homes response

We are happy to hear the communication with your New Home Consultant was excellent and that you had a great homebuying experience! While we do not provide the ability to customize your home, it allows us to make the dream of homeownership possible to our customers cost-effective and at a shorter timeline than other builders. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I viewed the house and ended up loving it. But the salesperson that I talked with gave me some bad information. The pricing they gave me was on the high side where it's excessively high. I couldn't afford it. So I had a good finance guy at the time and he said they were giving me wrong information regarding property tax. He looked into it and the amount he told me was a total of $600 in difference on a monthly basis, which I could afford. So I got the right information and a commitment from my financer that was going to be within my price budget. Then I signed and gave the earnest money for the house. But as soon as I signed and gave the earnest money for the house, everything started changing.

I was told the day that I was signing that they were going to get me in to do my loan the next day, so that way I could shop finances. But immediately after signing, that date changes, and that date changes not just like, "Hey, we can't do it tomorrow, we'll do it the next day." It goes, "We can't do it tomorrow, we got to do it next week." I was very honest with my salesperson and said, "This really feels like I'm signing, and then once I signed, you guys know you got me, so everything is now a lot more less important because I've already signed the contract." I did not like my sales representative in any way, shape, or form.

During my walkthrough of the home and when I was looking at the home, I was told that one of the benefits of shopping with LGI and Strata homes is a refrigerator and a garage door opener would be included, and that's why the wiring was sticking out of the walls. I was also told about all the amenities like you're gonna have access to a pool and you're gonna have all this great stuff about the HOA. But none of that has come into fruition yet. I'm new to the community and I don't even have a clicker to get in the gate. I have to use the construction man code to get into my own community.

During the walkthrough, the bathroom mirror wasn't hung and there was a broken window upstairs. There was some weather stripping on the second story balcony door. There was a bend in the garage door at the top where light can come through and insects can come through. I notated all of these on the contract and it took a month to get the broken window fixed and to get a bathroom mirror hung. It took five visits to get a shower installed in the master bathroom, which extended over the period of over a month of living in the house without a bathroom that we could take a shower in downstairs. The due date for our baby was two days ago and my wife was walking up and downstairs nine months pregnant instead of being able to shower in our own bathroom.

The house is wonderful as far as the 10-foot ceilings and the floors are beautiful and it's a brand-new house. But my experience has sucked. I attempted to find corporate's number so I can call and raise my concerns. When the sales manager came to talk to me, I knew that he was making me feel heard, but nothing was going to be done. The sales rep offered me $250 in a Home Depot gift card because of the misinformation. But that amount is not going to get a garage door installed in your house. I understand the gesture, but it's not correcting any issues.

LGI Homes response

Hi Daniel, we are disappointed to hear your feedback as this is not the typical experience with our company. We have sent your information to our management team to ensure that you receive all the benefits of becoming a homeowner in our community. If you have any items that you'd like addressed by our construction team, please submit a warranty claim to our online warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Thank you.

Original review: March 25, 2022

LGI had the best price, the best location, construction, and that is close to my work. The rep we worked with was good. Accessible at all times for any problem or situation with my house. We were very comfortable working with him. The quality of the house is also good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Madeline, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you love your LGI home! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

LGI Homes Company Information