4.1/5 (267 ratings)

About LGI Homes

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

Pros

• Hires expert builders
  • Uses high-quality materials
  • Dozens of homes and floor plans

Cons

• Limited upgrade options
  • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

LGI Homes is a leader in the home construction industry. It creates luxury homes in vibrant communities in states all across the U.S.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Some things went well with our experience with LGI but we're still struggling to get some things done. We had to put a strip around the front door. The bathtubs have pits in them or spots that no one's addressed yet. There's still painting that needs to be done around the top of the garage door. The sod in front of the house is dead. Some of the people told us, "Yes, they'll take care of it." Some people said, "It'll grow back." But, it did not.

We didn't have hot water for three days after we moved in. They had a plumber come out and they just needed to turn a switch on. For the shelves in the cabinets, somebody had taken out half of the little plastic pin so that I couldn't put my dishes away, so we had to go get those. We were told, "Yeah, they'll bring some over." But, they never did.

When we moved in, they still hadn't finished the baseboard trim. So somebody came in and did the trim. Then, waited two more days for someone to come back in and paint it. The opening to the attic is still wide open. It needs a cover. People keep calling and they're very nice and they'd say, "It's gonna be done." but it hasn't been done. It's been very frustrating.

We would also close on time was what we were told. So we made arrangements with that in mind. We had to stay in an Airbnb for a very lengthy time, for over $100 a day, and we had a 30-day free U-Haul storage, but we thought 30 days surely would be enough. But it wasn't, so we had to pay a month for two storage rooms and that was another $700. So we're out a lot of money because it wasn't ready on time when we were told that closing would be on time. We would come over and look at the house but nobody was here working. We've had brand-new builds before, but we've never had anything like this.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jim and Catherine, we are concerned by your review and apologize for any lack of communication or miscommunication you received from our team. This is not the typical homebuying experience and we have sent your information to our team to ensure they investigate your situation further. If you haven't already, please submit any warranty items to our online portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

My experience with LGI was awesome. From the time we walked in, we spoke to Chris and she walked us through. When I was telling her about my credit card, she said, “Don't worry. We're gonna help you out.” She introduced us to Merle. Merle checked our credit. Merle now introduced us to Jessica, which was the loan officer. From there, it was smooth. We had all the paper we were supposed to give her and we gave her. She told us that it was good. Our contact with Jessica was wonderful. We got a house within less than a month. Our home is beautiful. We love it. It's brand new.

LGI Homes response

Hi Doris, we are so happy to hear about your experience! Congratulations on becoming a homeowner with LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The purchase process went fine and application was fast. I had a great experience with the reps. The home I got is of great quality. It's spacious. Also, I like the small neighborhood I'm in.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jamal, we appreciate your review and thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The team at LGI was great. They were straightforward with the steps and who was going to assist me with them. If they were busy at a particular time, they followed up and answered the question. There had been times in which I would come into the office face to face and ask them questions. They were able to answer them or if they didn't know the answer to them, they would follow up with those who could provide them. The quality of the home is good though there are small things that I see that could have been paid a little bit more attention to. I would have liked to have towel racks in the master bathroom and the spare bathroom. There's only one rack for a hand towel in the half bathrooms downstairs between the kitchen and the living room area. On some new builds with other companies, they have that in there. With house prices as high as they are, that should have been a consideration. I'll be glad when construction is done, but it looks like it’s gonna take a lot longer than what it is.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback about your home, as we are always striving to improve. We are happy to hear you have had a good homebuying experience with our team! Thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Communication with LGI was pretty good. Although, it seemed like the reps were still in the learning process of what to do. They got back to me very quickly. One of them stayed in touch. Whenever I couldn't get in touch with the loan officer, I will call her. The next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call from the loan officer. She helped out a lot. As far as the home, the quality is pretty good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Mary, we appreciate you leaving us with your feedback. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with our team and your home quality! Thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

They haven't finished lots of things in my house and they always make me wait. They say they will come today but then they are just skipping the work they haven't done for me. They are building lots of houses so they haven't given me the time when they will fix everything. They can improve by having a phone network service and having everything fixed for houses they have sold. Other than that, the place is good.

LGI Homes response

Hi Rajesh, we are disappointed to hear about your experience with our warranty team. We have sent your information to our team and we appreciate your patience as they investigate further. If you haven't already, please submit warranty claims for every item you would like addressed to our online portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. We appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I tried to get an LGI home when they first started in Forney but I had a credit issue. The rep told me to get a premier card and do it like I'm supposed to which will help my credit. Within a year I was ready to go. The rep I worked with was Arlene and she was wonderful. I love her and I like her theories. Once I got there, she told me, “Girl, you’re preapproved. Let’s go find you a lot.” I picked out a lot and came back. LGI took their time. I had to get this and that and they were with me. The rep who helped me get the loan, Chad, was good too.

I told LGI that I wanted a big backyard and a big walk-in closet and I got those. I like the home. The rep showed me a layout and everything she showed on the paper is here.

LGI Homes response

Hi Latrina, we are happy to hear you were able to achieve your dream of owning a home! Congratulations, we thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Communicating with their rep was like I was talking to God in front of me. I gave him my testimony and he was there guiding me and telling me, “God brought you to the right door and I am here with you. I was about to go home. My wife and I were having a little bit of an argument. And you came in here, God sent you to me, and I am here to help you.” We both cried and he said, "This is my job and I'm gonna help you. You're gonna be fine. You're telling me you've been homeless and you've been sleeping in your car. You're gonna get your home.” He went in the back and came back saying, “I have a good and a bad.” I said, “I want the bad one.” He said, “The bad is you're about to give me a hug.” And I said, “What?” He said, “Yes, you got approved.”

I love the house. It's a two-story and it has a lot of space. I'm a chef and I love the kitchen. I've been doing my food plate from my home at this point and everything is going very well. I also love the neighborhood. The only thing I do not like is our road. The exit road is very bumpy and we have a lot of branches out there. I wish they could clean all that up since our homes are too expensive and I feel we can have a little bit more cleanup out there in the community.

LGI Homes response

Hi Evan, we appreciate your review and are elated to hear you had a wonderful experience with our team. We appreciate your feedback about your community as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you continue to enjoy your kitchen for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

The guy, Mike, talked to us every day. We went in, started the homebuying process with LGI, and they told us what we needed to do as far as getting things off our credit and taking care of things. We did that then during the underwriting, the rep was giving us a hard time about everything. First, she was talking about my husband’s name. Him and his dad had the same name, and she said she needed the dad to sign something. But his dad said he wasn't signing anything and I told her she couldn't penalize us for that. They have different licenses and Social Security numbers. We’ve given them everything, including a bank statement. So, we got past that.

Then she said we needed one month of mortgage payment in a savings. We did that then they emailed and told us we were ready to close. I took time off of work and we went up there. We were dressed up and we did our home inspection. Then we sat down to close it and we couldn't close. So, that was embarrassing to me. She came back and said they needed two months, so we had to deal with that. We had to close out the file and start a whole new file. It took about four months to complete. She was nitpicking with us and the people in the office said that in all the years that they worked, they’ve never had that done to them. So, I felt like it was a racial thing. Also, for the price of the home, the quality should have been a little bit better. We had to go in and have them touch up the paint, paint something, and fix the light fixture. Plus, our toilets were stopped up and we had to call the plumbers out.

LGI Homes response
Hi Monica, the experience you had is not reflective of the way we typically conduct business and we are extremely concerned by the both the experience you had with the delays and the conversations you outlined. We are appreciative of you bringing it to our attention so we can look into the situation further.

Additionally, we take pride in our quality construction and are sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your home! We have each home inspected by third-party inspectors, but we know sometimes things can arise after closing, which is why we are proud to include the one-year workmanship warranty and ten-year structural warranty.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

The reps at LGI were nice to talk to, concerned with making sure I knew what I was getting. It didn’t matter if it was weekends. There was always somebody that could answer my questions. If I had any concerns, they addressed them. LGI's home is better shaped and better built. The community is quiet. I like it.

LGI Homes response

Hi William, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great experience with our team during your homebuying process. Thank you for choosing LGI Homes! We hope you enjoy your new home and community for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I snatched up the only model left. It was under contract and the financing fell through with the buyer. The agent’s manager would not get back to me in a timely manner and then, I would have to follow up again. There were also issues on the day of closing. I don’t understand why LGI Homes does a walkthrough the same day of closing. I expressed to them that some of the countertops had a couple of cracks when I saw everything. After that, it still took three weeks for the loan and on the day of the walkthrough, the construction manager still didn't know. They came out two weeks ago and said they would give me a callback. I’ve spoken to them two times but I never got a resolution on that.

Also, there was an issue with one of our light fixtures in the bathroom and LGI first said it was electrical. Then they said it was the HVAC. So, the electrician came out twice. I was told the light needed to be replaced. Now, it’s on backorder. So, we haven’t had a light in the bathroom for five weeks. If we did a walkthrough with them probably two weeks in advance, those things could have been addressed. But at this point, we’ve been living in the property for five weeks and none of that has gotten resolved. I don’t think it’s gonna get resolved because I reached the construction manager and it’s been a headache.

LGI Homes response

Hi Luisa, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We apologize for any lack of communication from our team - we have sent your information to our team to address and resolve your items. Someone will be reaching out shortly. Thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

The process with LGI Homes is a lot clearer than that of the other builder we had looked at. We got more bang for our buck with LGI Homes. Our rep, Casey, was great. He stayed in communication with us. The only frustrating part that I had was the pushing out of the closing date. One was communicated then it changed a few times. We love the home, but there were a few things that I noticed after we moved in that I didn't notice during the walkthrough. There's a shelf that's not put together under the kitchen cabinet. There are a couple of slots that we've noticed. They didn't leave the paint like they said they would. I'm trying to gather a list and I need to look at the paperwork to see how to file a claim. But other than that, it's a lot of space that we needed. We went from a two-bedroom, one bath to all of this house. Even the guest room that I'm in is bigger than what I thought. I like that. I work from home, and I'm able to put a king sized bed and my desk here in the corner. My kids have their own rooms and they're loving it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Ashley, we are happy to hear you saw the value in LGI versus other builders. We appreciate your feedback about your claims, and we encourage you to continue to submit items to the warranty portal at lgihomes.corrigo.com. Thank you for choosing LGI Homes, we hope you and your family continue to enjoy your home for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The experience with LGI was great from start to finish. We downsized from another house and everything in here is just like we wanted. Everything is perfect. LGI should jeep up the good work.

LGI Homes response

Hi Thomas, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing LGI Homes.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I like the quality of the build of LGI. We chose the model called The Burton. It’s huge, very roomy and spacious. So, we fell in love with the space and the lake in the backyard. Those are our two favorite things. The people were very friendly from the top to the bottom, and they helped the entire process. They didn't give up and we didn't give up. They worked with us diligently from the beginning. They were all very professional and informative.

LGI Homes response

Hi Barbara, we are glad to hear you are loving your Burton floor plan! Thank you for choosing LGI Homes - we hope you continue to enjoy your home for many years!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Dealing with the rep was pleasant, friendly and very informative. We had a lot of reservations and everything was explained to us without making us feel like we didn't know enough, even though we didn't know anything. Molly, our consultant, was the most direct and honest, which was what we appreciated. We were out looking to get another house and we went with LGI because of the honesty that we were getting. The quality of the build was good and I'm happy with it. It's a work in progress but we're almost there. Our new home made our life better. I work a lot but our kids are content, comfortable, playing and having fun. And that’s what matters to us.

LGI Homes response

Hi Fernando, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. Congratulations n your new home - we hope you and your family enjoy living in it for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

I gave LGI a call and they started me through the process. From application to closing, that took two months. So far, I love the neighborhood. It's nice and quiet. I love the house because this is the first new house I ever had. It's got a few dings but it is nothing I can't work with. I had a few call-ins on some warranty work and they got right on it pretty quickly. The only thing I hate is the fact that certain cable companies don't service this area.

LGI Homes response

Hi Stanley, we appreciate your feedback as we are always striving to improve. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

I was interested in the area that LGI was building in the city. My rep from there was Charlotte and she was fantastic. She never gave up on us. We had a bit of an issue with our first lender and she was there to walk us through the whole entire process. She was always attentive with us. I right away knew that she had been doing this for quite some time. On the whole, we love our home. We moved in a couple of days ago and we're very satisfied with the amenities. This home gives us our own space. I have three children who have their own bedroom now and we are so happy. We are ready to make memories and have a good time in our home and have family over.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the team to leave us with your feedback. We hope you make many memories in your new home!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

We had a retailer that helped us get our home and her husband works for LGI. From that first home scene with him, we decided to stay with LGI because he was great. He got us started. LGI has great people and they made the process as fast as possible and as smooth as possible. Everything is well-maintained and there are smiling faces all around. If I have a question, no one there hesitates to help me.

We love our LGI home. I've already referred two friends to my retailer as well as to look around houses where I'm at. We're happy with what we chose and I'm sure anyone else would be. LGI has a nice brand new home that has been taken care of in every detail. When you go walk through the house and you have questions, they will answer beyond what you even asked. They are informative.

LGI Homes response

Hi Freddy, thank you for your review and the recommendations! Congratulations on your new home, we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

LGI Homes helped us through the whole process and got it taken care of fast. It took us about 30 days from start to finish. It was a great experience. The communication was good. We could get a response back fairly quickly. The neighborhood that we're in is still up and coming so, there's a lot of building going around, but it's not noisy and it doesn’t disturb us. It's a good community.

LGI Homes response

Hi Amber, we appreciate your feedback about your homebuilding process. Thank you for choosing LGI Homes!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

The home buying process was a little stressful but pleasant. We had to be out at a specific time because we were giving the home back to the owner. It was dragged out a little bit. But my account manager was really sweet. Our home consultant was really cool and very informative. I work a lot and he was able to text me when I needed him to text me instead of calling. I lease apartments so I do what he does. He was not salesy or he wasn't really pushy. Both the people I dealt with were just really pleasant.

The home is pretty good. They are wood homes and not brick ones. Everything inside was very well put together all the way down to the paint on the walls. The paint we do in our new construction communities is just very cheap. The one in our home is definitely higher quality. The only complaint I have is really just it being a wood home. But at the end of the day, it's probably a little better. It's just a little cheaper.

I would definitely recommend LGI. I would tell others to come be my neighbor. They can go for a brick home if they can afford it. The bricks are always a little higher. Wood is a little bit better for insulation in the wintertime but a brick home is just a little sturdier. At the end of the day, I love my home and my wife is happy. The main thing that impressed me was the living room space and it has vaulted ceilings. The living room was what sold me. What's really cool is my wife is a home chef and she's able to watch TV and talk with us while she cooks. We also have a king-size bed and a full size crib for our baby. It fits really well in the master bedroom.

LGI Homes response

Hi Graham, thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts with us. We take pride in our exceptional customer service and we are happy to hear you had a great experience with our team. Congratulations on your new home, we hope you and your family enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Amber with LGI Homes was very professional and caring. She answered all my questions. She went through her manager when there were things that she couldn't get an answer on. She was instrumental in helping me because the underwriter was giving me a hard time in the closing. I recently retired so some of the documents they wanted were not available yet.

LGI Homes response

Hi Linda, we are elated to hear your feedback about your homebuying experience with LGI Homes. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The process was great and the service was very pleasant. They answered all the questions that I asked in a timely manner, even the questions that I thought were silly, no matter what was going on. Even if it was the weekend, they still responded back. They let me know things that I didn't know.

LGI Homes response

Hi Desiree, we are so happy to hear you had a great experience with our team. Thanks for your review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

We love our home. I like the roominess. Other than the small backyard, everything is perfect.

LGI Homes response

Hi Eddie, congratulations on becoming a homeowner!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The rep was very personable and answered all our questions. He pushed the completion of the home. We closed nine days earlier than what was in the purchase agreement because of the sale of our older home. It was very difficult coordinating the sale of our older home and moving out and moving in the new home without any time lag in between. He was instrumental in getting that early closing date. It's a team effort in the LGI office with the project manager and the financing. They went beyond what they had to do to get us an early closing date.

The bathrooms don't have towel racks though. I have to buy them. We've always lived in older homes that had medicine cabinets. It's like having to change my storage options. But that's minor compared to having to replace flooring and plumbing in our older home. In the LGI home, it includes all the kitchen appliances like the refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and stove. It included blinds in two rooms and two garage door openers. It also has fully landscaped front yard with automatic sprinklers. With the other homebuilder, we would have to pay for the refrigerator, the blinds, and a garage door opener.

LGI Homes response

Hi Rosemarie, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Everything went smoothly. Our rep with LGI Homes knew his business. He helped me out with every aspect and answered all my questions. I love the home and I'm impressed with the amenities that they offer. You can’t beat a brand new house for the affordable price that LGI Homes offers.

LGI Homes response

Hi Stephen, thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you had an overall great experience with our team and we wish you have many amazing years in your new home.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

Viewed homes & signed purchase contract at Morgan's Cove, St. Augustine, FL. We loved the homes, floor plan and building construction. The issue was the Sales Manager, extremely difficult to deal with, unpleasant, not interested in helping people. An embarrassment to the realtor profession. We would have loved buying the home there, but not at the cost of dealing with that individual.

LGI Homes response

Hi William, we apologize for any less-than-exceptional customer service from our team. We appreciate your feedback about your experience so we can investigate further. We wish you luck in your homebuying search.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The home buying process with LGI Homes was smooth but still stressful at the same time because we got accepted and then we didn't and then we got accepted again. So, it was a roller coaster. Christie was amazing. She's helped us through everything. There was one point where I went ahead and asked her a bunch of questions at 2:00 in the morning, and she still responded to us. LGI has been very helpful with the whole process. They do everything in the office. They will still help if you have those home questions.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jose, thank you for leaving a review! Congratulations on your new home, we are happy to hear our team helped you achieve the dream of homeownership. We hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I bought a house with LGI before and I liked the way it worked out. They offered to pay for the closing cost which saves about $20,000. Also, I like their warranty. This time, I worked with the same rep and he was a nice guy. We had great communication. He gave me his personal number. If I had any questions, he told me to call him.

The quality of the build is pretty good. They told me that if there are any issues, the builders are still on site and they'd come over and fix anything. I love the house so far. LGI made it so easy. You don't need a Realtor, you just go in there and pick out the layout you want. I had filed for bankruptcy two years ago and they found me a lender and they took care of everything.

LGI Homes response

Hi Johnny, we are elated to hear you had a great experience with our team! Congratulations on your new home and thank you for choosing LGI.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

The LGI rep kept me up to date as best as he could. I got frustrated because the time I got pushed back for the house but that was expected because of the labor and material shortages. There are a few things that I've caught that are probably lacking when it comes to attention to detail. But the overall product is good. I like the home community. My kids love it. There are a lot of families so it’s great.

LGI Homes response

Hi Franklin, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your honest feedback. While we do our best to make sure our customers are kept up-to-date with the homebuilding process, shortages are out of our control and unable to predict. We are happy to hear you are satisfied with your home and we hope you and your family enjoy it for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The quality of the build of our LGI home is good and I like the neighborhood a lot. It's a lot quieter than I thought it was gonna be. Also, there's a park with a splash pad.

LGI Homes response

Hi Max, we are happy to hear you are loving your home and community. We hope you continue to enjoy it for many years!

LGI Homes Company Information