It's that easy Request Information
4.06/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LGI Homes builds homes with not only great, lasting value, but at great prices. Our homes are conveniently located in family-friendly communities, that are not only safe, but are rich in amenities like playgrounds, trails, community sporting areas, and even fishing lakes. At LGI Homes, we don’t just build a house, we create the ideal homes for families. Whether this is your very first home or the fifth, LGI Homes will turn your dream home into a reality. Contact us today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

LGI Homes Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Everything has been going wonderfully with our home from LGI. I tried to purchase a home last year, and we got to the closing date, and it didn’t go through. And when I reached out to Adam, I was up to getting this other home. He was awesome. He had helped me and my family move into a home. I wanted to be in a safer neighborhood for my daughter, and he did everything that he could. He did what he said he would do. He did an excellent job.

The quality of the build of our home is cool. It is basic, but it’s our first home so I can’t complain. Also, our new home community is excellent. The amenities are perfect, and I think it’s gonna be a great asset. There are a lot of different places and different parks in the neighborhood for the kids to play. The school is excellent as well.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I'd like to move from an old place to a new place. I used to live in the suburbs, so I preferred to move to Charlotte. A broker took me to LGI Homes and everything was good with them. For the price, that was a good deal. The community I live in is good. I've lived there for about three weeks now and so far, I'm satisfied with my home. But I'm not satisfied with the flowers and the landscape. That's the first thing that people see and it's very important. On the sides, they're all good, but for the lot, it's not good quality. And then, the environment doesn't show very nicely. The bushes are not of good quality. For first two, three days they were okay, but after a while, they were gone. LGI can buy better quality for a couple of more dollars.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

We just moved from California and we were looking around for a home. We saw a billboard on the freeway and decided to check it out. We liked how easy it was to get into a home and we liked the fact that they would close on a final offer. Everybody was really nice in the office too. But the guy that does the walk-through at the end promised a couple of things and they didn't come through. They didn't put it on paperwork. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

LGI is good for a first-time buyer. The finishes are not all there though like the door needed to be replaced and the guy never came back and finished it. One of the trees needed to be staked outside but it wasn't done. Also, the concrete slab in the backyard overflowed and they left it like that. Some of the caulking was missing in the bathroom. It seems like they were just trying to pump them out really quick. These are minor things though and overall, LGI homes are great. The community is awesome and it's really quiet. I live in the cul de sac on the left block build in this neighborhood and we love it. It's a really good experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My friend bought her home from LGI Homes about 3 years ago and so I also bought a home from there. The quality of the build of the home is not bad and everything is going fine.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I bought my on DEC, 2016. On April 2017 had a roof leak thru the master bathroom all the way to the first floor dining room. They told me they gonna fixed but they don't have to. They fix the roof over the bath and the walls and the ceiling have to be retexture and repainted. Now on September 2019 the leak came back on the same spot and it is damaging the walls. I did call them. They send a representative call Tony ** to look the damage and he told me that’s not LGI problem, and there is not warranty. He made me sign his iPad about the visit, and he gave a complete speech of what a homeowner should be. Not recommend any body to buy from this builder, walls are crooked and he told me if didn’t notice on the first 11 months, "It’s your problem." Thanks for not taking care of your customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

We ran across LGI Homes and we couldn’t find any other company that would fit our requirements. Their sales folks have been good. Brad and George were also good to work with. They have been responsive if something happens ever since I’ve moved in. We’ve only been in the house for a little over a month and a half, and so far, so good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

The first realtor that we had showed us some houses but they weren't in our price range at first. Then, we got a new realtor and she was showing us houses. They told us about the LGI Homes in Fuquay so we decided to go. I and my wife fell in love with the neighborhood. It was very quiet and the atmosphere was great. We went from there and we were happy 'cause we got a home. The home consultants were with us the whole time. They talked to us, made sure we get our ducks in a row, and made sure we were good to go when we came. The interactions with them went very well.

But we had a little problem with the brass where the septic tank is. It's like the little brass peeking in and that's one of the things that we were gonna come and talk to LGI about. But so far, everything's okay. Our new home community is beautiful. We have met some of our neighbors and everybody is very welcoming and friendly. They congratulated us and welcomed us into the neighborhood. I would tell people to come get a house from LGI.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

We purchased our home in May of 2018, I wish I would have ran fast instead of buying here. I should have listened to all the other negative reviews. First week in the home our air conditioning broke and when it rained water would flow through my microwave vent into my home. Which LGI refused to fix we had to pay for it. Three months in and air conditioning went out again. My whole attic was full of mold and also my sons roof in his bedroom too. The roof was fixed but never the air condition. Here it is 1 1/2 later and my air conditioner is still messed up. My humidity stays too high.

Now that my warranty is out they finally figured out the problem that is 1,000.00 fix!! They will be out next week to replace it. While laying in my bed I looked up and my sheetrock on my bedroom ceiling is all wet, I looked in my attic every duct and air conditioning part in there is dripping condensation and ruining everything. If you buy a home from LGI please document everything, screenshot every work order, and document pictures. I’m having to hire and attorney because this has caused my family a major headache and thing should have been fixed over a year ago. I shouldn’t have had to call my air conditioning company out a thousand time and nothing has been done. Plus was told the location in Cove, Tx DOESN’T flood and it DOES!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I got a new build home from LGI so as there's nothing to fix. The home consultant who helped me during the buying process was good. The quality of the build is nice and decent. There has been some minor work as there were a few spots that were missed that needed changing. Also, inside the cabinets, where one sits the pots inside, about two of them are broken. Someone already came out to paint the spots that were missed but I still have to open another ticket for them to come out and fix the cabinet. I've been in the home since the 29th of last month and overall, everything's good so far.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was looking for a much smaller home and LGI designs the home so it was perfect for me. Also, they had zero downpayment which was good. I spoke to a rep and he explained everything that I needed to know and things that I did not know, especially whatever it was I was dealing with. He made it very understandable for me. Also, the quality of their homes was very nice and the appliances did work. I like my house very much and just being a homeowner for myself, it's exciting for me. I would recommend LGI to anybody that's looking for a home with no hassle.

LGI Homes Company Information