2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.20/5

LGI Homes is a new home builder that builds homes and communities in more than 20 states across the country. It purchases, plans and develops land for its new communities and puts streamlined practices into place to cut costs and speed up the homebuying and building processes.

LGI Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LGI Homes?

Original review: July 9, 2020

Everything went well with my experience with LGI Homes. My Realtor and I were looking and then my price range was too low for another place we were looking at. So we went over there at LGI Homes and looked. It was great. The rep was very nice. The whole process was fast and smooth. The quality is good, too. I like the backyard size. It's spacious and bigger than what I thought it was gonna be. The community is quiet as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Keiarria, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled that we had a home available in your price range and that your hard is larger than you expected. Congratulations on your new home!

Original review: July 8, 2020

The LGI salesman, Neil, was fantastic. He was very persistent with the finance team and seemed like he was really on top of stuff. Some people might almost say that he was kind of bothersome but I'd rather have somebody like that than somebody that just drops the ball and not look out for your best interest. Also, I love the house, the master bath, and the master bedroom, although the kitchen could have some more cabinets.

I don’t have a home issue but the ants in the neighborhood are unreal. We had terminators out and we dusted around the outside of the house but we still have ants coming in. They've ruined a couple of hundred dollars worth of stuff in the pantry already. I have another terminator coming out. There's a community Facebook page and people are just all complaining about the ants. Other than that, all the things that were seen on the final walkthrough have been fixed. The builder, Dan, was very attentive and had no issues with any of the things we found or whatever we wanna correct.

LGI Homes response

Hi Erik, we appreciate your review. We are glad that Neil was so helpful throughout the process. Ants can be troublesome and we hope the next exterminator does the trick. We are glad that you are enjoying your home!

Original review: July 7, 2020

We ended up finding LGI Homes through our Realtor. This was originally a home that we weren't planning on seeing but it was in our neighborhood. We liked it, so we ended up checking out. We walked in, and we were just really impressed from the house from top to bottom when we first got here. They're pretty good. There were just some small back-and-forths with having to get some dead trees removed from the backyard and took a little bit longer than we were really used to. It took a lot of back-and-forths between our Realtor and LGI.

Then, there were a couple small things from the initial home inspection that took a while for us to get resolved. There's even one of them we're still waiting on getting resolved. But Taylor, the rep, was a really great guy. I really appreciate everything that he was doing. A lot of that friction came once the Coronavirus hit. There was a problem with LGI's preferred lender, and they became a really drawn out closing process, which contributed to some things, either getting overlooked or getting pushed to the side.

In terms of the community, this is one that we had heard about and we really liked. It's in Mimosa Bay. We really enjoyed the gated community and the setup of the community. It wasn't like other new-built neighborhoods wherein a lot of the other ones, the roads were pretty straight and you can really see that all the new-built homes looked pretty much the same on a long street, and it wasn't very a mature neighborhood. But this one, the roads definitely helped masked it as more of a new-built neighborhood. As for the home itself, we really liked the kitchen and the open floor plan in the main area with still separate dining room. The kitchen was a huge selling feature for us as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Brian, thank you for the review! We are thrilled that you decided to take a look at our homes and that you were impressed. Mimosa Bay is a beautiful community and we hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: July 6, 2020

One of my friends was purchasing a house here in LGI Homes. My other friend is a Realtor and my Realtor told me also that this house was pretty nicely located and if I wanna come over. I fell in love with the house. I'm enjoying my new home. The only thing that I was upset about was that it didn't come with the grass from the backyard. It was something that we need to purchase separately. But other than that, it's good. The rep I worked with was nice. He was open-mind to help us and everything that we were needing. So, I was just happy with everything that he did for us. He was so friendly. He was on top of everything. Everything went smoothly and the service that the rep gave us, I was absolutely happy with it.

LGI Homes response

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the review. We are so glad that you are enjoying your new home and that the process went smoothly.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I was living in Florida and I wanted to relocate to North Carolina in the Raleigh area. I've used an LGI development near me in Florida. They gave less land there but I could see what the house was like. I drove up here and they were giving the inducement of paying most of the closing costs. That was a big factor in deciding LGI over another builder. The only negative I had was we had trouble getting an appraisal. They got a lowball appraisal from the appraisal person and they were waiting for an additional house to close to get me in. But they had my money the whole time. They let the lender have my cash from April 9th. And I thought I was closing in the middle of April. I sent 20% down to the lender and wired the money but I didn't close until the middle of May. It was almost six weeks in hotels and it took a big cut on my budget.

The salespeople were very nice and the office manager was helpful. They did not expect the lowball appraisal. But the fact that it took so long, I felt that LGI should have helped me out a little better. And they didn't divulge how low that appraisal was. I paid 218 for the house, which I think is a fair price, but I would have appreciated some help with the hotel.

Also, they did not put in the bank of vertical shelving in the master closet. So I'm waiting for them to install that. And when Best Buy installed my washer dryer, I had a leak into the master closet. LGI was very helpful. They got on to it right away to make sure it wasn't them. I had a little leaking onto the kitchen sink, which was the LGI’s plumber’s fault, and they fixed that. The plumber took off part of the drywall which LGI said they would take care of for me and Best Buy will pay for the damaged carpet because we ascertained it was simply the connection. They had not connected the fittings to the washer correctly. I'm at the stage where the carpet has been paid to be taken out and re-installed. Other than that, I like the house. It's a good value and it's built nicely. The aspect of paying for most of the closing costs is reasonable.

LGI Homes response

Hi Hermine, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for the delay in your closing but are glad we were able to get you into a home and quickly resolve the couple of items that have come up. We appreciate you choosing us and hope you enjoy your home for many happy years!

Original review: July 3, 2020

The location was my main concern and LGI has a pretty good spot. The house is located where I wanted it to be. Their rep was able to answer all my questions during the purchase and for the most part, we were able to seamlessly do the transitions and all that. It was good. And I feel great about the home. The upgrades and the appliances are nice. Also, the house is pretty much ready to live in. It was a great find.

LGI Homes response

Hi Juan, thank you for the review. We are excited to hear that we had a beautiful home available where you wanted to live! Congratulations on your new home.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I love the interior built itself, the setup, the round corners, and the edges around the house. I like what LGI used in the house itself - faucets, countertops, and moldings around the house. Everything was to the expectation that I was needing at that point in life. The rep was great and very informative. And if it's information he did not have at hand, he would find it for me within minutes and reply to me or call my number. He gave me his personal number and he would be involved in emails. He was very responsive and for that, I'm very grateful. I called them to find out if I was approved and when I called to reach out, I was told that everything was good. Everything came out perfect without them having to need any additional information. I love the experience with LGI. I recommended the rep I worked with to two other friends.

LGI Homes response

Hi Gustavo, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you love everything in the home and that the process was smooth. We appreciate you recommending us to your friends!

Original review: June 30, 2020

A friend of mine bought a home as well at a different location, and after he told me, I waited for a month then I drove around to all of the areas that LGI Homes had. I then went online and requested some information. The Realtor who worked with me, he called me, emailed me right away and just started a conversation about it. He took his time with me and he was patient on showing me the homes. Throughout the whole process, it was just very smooth. However, it looks like the fencing on the house was put up really quick and a lot of the boards weren’t even nailed down, which I already took care of it.

Sometimes when they move quick, they tend to miss things. It's common, but it was just attention to detail on the finished product. Still, this is my first home to buy, and the customer service was incredible. I was waiting for the horror stories that everybody talks about (the whole process and everything on buying a home), but I can't say one bad thing about the whole process. They worked with me, they talked to me and they never missed a beat on communicating with me the whole time through email, text, and calls.

LGI Homes response

Hi Javier, thank you for the review. We strive to make the process and simple and smooth as possible and are excited to hear that is the exact experience you had! Congratulations on buying your first home!

Original review: June 27, 2020

My brother was looking for an investment property and when we drove by the neighborhood, we found LGI Homes. He ended up not buying the property and I did. We lived just three miles from here, so we were already set in this area. They were thorough in their initial presentation and answered most of our questions before we asked them. It was easy and you can't know everything, but there were some things the salespeople didn’t know about. For example, I didn’t have a mailbox for the first month that I moved in, and I got called into a bit of a contest between the developer and the builder. That wasn’t okay for me as a homeowner because I was chasing things around and it took me a lot of time. Once everybody got their ducks in a row though, they were very quick to give me the mailbox.

I'm not angry about it, but that could have gone a lot better. It would be nice if the salespeople could find out more, like what the developers are going to be doing on the other side of the property, to give people more information and make a better decision. Other than that, I'm also a Realtor, and I look at a lot of what's being built around here. To get the same amount of space or better, I would have had to spend another $30,000, so I think it's a great value. We have had some issues with our walls here, which they're planning to fix, but that was due to a bad contactor that they got. That happens. Now, I've sold another home in the neighborhood as well.

LGI Homes response

Hi Andrea, thank you for taking the time to review us. We do our best to provide all of the information we can at the time of your tour so that you can make the most informed decision possible. We apologize for some of those miscommunications and are glad everything got sorted out. We do believe that we offer an incredible value and are glad that you agree!

Original review: June 26, 2020

On Zillow, there was a new construction home. It was on Violet Lane and sketches are all that it showed on the internet and Google, but there were way more homes than what the internet showed. We heard about LGI and the two main qualities that we loved about them were definitely the neighborhood and the price. The price was great, but unfortunately, we didn’t get to lock it in the first time we went. It went up a little bit because, every third quarter, it goes up. Also, the process started off great, but then from there, it turned into a nightmare. I never got any updates from the person that was helping me. My lender took off on vacation and didn’t tell anybody, so we ended up moving in about almost a month after I was promised to be moved in.

I was supposed to sell my house, then I was supposed to move in the next day. That didn’t work and I ended up having to pay a lease back and all kinds of other fees that came out of my pocket. The service was absolutely horrible. I had buyer’s remorse like crazy and it was extremely difficult, but I stuck with it because I needed a new home, period. Towards the very end (almost a week before closing), we had a huge meeting with the guy that was supposed to be helping me, his manager, the lender, and my realtor. We had a big old phone conversation and got everything straightened out. From there on, day by day, I was informed. Apart from that, the home makes me extremely happy. The spacings are huge. We got the biggest plan that they had for the price, which was the Osage.

LGI Homes response

Hi Javier, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are disappointed to hear about the lack of communication - that is not like us at all! We are glad to hear that you were able to get everything sorted out and that communication improved from there. Congratulations on your new home - we are thrilled to hear that you are loving it!

LGI Homes Company Information