Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Ecosmart Water Heater Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The company asked me the buyer to do the troubleshooting. She then asked if I have hired an Electrician to fix my Water Heater. As if I am suppose to pay to fix the Faulty Device. Still refusing to fix or replace the Water Heater, and want to send parts for me to fix it. What Company does this? Horrible Product, and this is my second one that has gone bad and quit. Terrible Company to not stand behind their product. Please do not buy this product..

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

First one I purchased lasted a little over a year before it started leaking, customers service said it was due to lack of maintenance. Second one last a little over a year and started leaking but this time it started a fire inside the unit, burning the wires to a crisp. I'm waiting for the excuses from Ecosmart about this one. I have pictures to prove to them what happened.

Get expert buying tips about Water Heaters delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 21, 2017

The installation was a lovely and simple process. I did not do much of anything, just stood around in my robe while some strapping young men installed it for me. Afterward, I gave them lemonade. I do rather like the fact that it had "Eco" in the name. I attempt to live a fairly environmentally friendly lifestyle and this helps me feel like I'm adding to that goal. However, the water from this heater does not seem to get very hot. Perhaps that could be based on user error, but I have altered settings and it doesn't ever seem to get quite as toasty as I would like it to. Overall it has been a fairly decent experience. It has performed its job adequately, if not impressively, though that could be due to the capacity or possibly due to user error, as if I would ever admit that.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The unit was Installed by builders perfectly. It was in the home when we arrived and the area was spotless with no complaints or issues - we were impressed and are happy. The water temperature is good and consistent. There is always enough time for normal evening use - no leaks experienced - the family is happy. It has been Reliable.

Original review: July 9, 2017

So far it has exceeded our expectations and are very please with our Ecosmart water heater. We bought it out right from a local store and my husband is a maintenance worker so he is very aware of how things work and installed it himself with no issues at all. We really like our water heater because thus far had any issues with it. It heats up our water quickly and 4 people can take a shower close to one another without the water turning cold on one of us. It has worked great so far for us and we are hoping it will last us many years to come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ecosmart Water Heater?

Original review: July 8, 2017

We have had our Ecosmart water heater for a while and it works as if it's new. There were no issues when it was installed. My experience with customer service was great as well. They were very helpful and answered all my questions. They were patient with me and they took care of all my issues and said to call back if I needed anything else.

The water heats up good with Ecosmart. It doesn't take long to heat up and it doesn't make any loud noises. I wish that everything works this good and I hope we don't have to change it for a long time. It will save a lot of money in the long run. We had one before and it was nothing but problems. I wish I found out about Ecosmart and bought it a lot sooner before I found our previous one. It would have stopped a lot of headaches in the past.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I had 2 great installers. They were on time, a bit early in fact, but called ahead to make sure their early arrival would be OK. Professional yet friendly, nice & courteous. The unit works very well. The only time I had a problem with it was when my basement flooded. The pilot went out, but I quickly discovered that it was surprisingly easy to relight if necessary. I specifically like the Lifetime Guarantee and customer service is fantastic and available 24/7. It is the best water heater I have ever had and I would recommend them highly.

Original review: July 13, 2017

When I purchased the water heater, the people who came in to install the water heater were very quick and the whole process was fast and easy. There were no delays and I felt that everyone went smoothly. Specific things that I like about the brand of the water heater is that the customer service is very quick and the warranty is able to be covered within two years. I really enjoy the fact that should we have a problem there is someone right there to give me tips on how to fix it and if there are any parts that I need to purchase.

I really enjoy the durability that this thing provides and the amount of water that it can warm up pretty quickly. The way that it doesn't break, we've already had it for a couple of years now and it is still working fine. My experience with my water heater has been great and I am absolutely in love with this heater because it provides warmth for the water to my family and myself and everything else.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Ecosmart Water Heater has been amazing and I haven't had any issues with it. When I take a shower the water gets hot fast and it's not hard water like others. Also it doesn't leave a stain so the filter system is good. I am glad I went with this brand because it has been everything it has promised to be. However, I had to read a lot of information and it felt a little overwhelming at times. Sometimes I wish the water would heat up a little faster, but by things that are eco-friendly you have to give a little.

The process of installing was a little crazy. The way it fit into where it had to go was a little tight. The company I used seemed to be good. The only issues I had was when I had questions and I would have to be transferred to different people because they didn't know about the product. I also thought the installers were more worried about getting the product in and they kind of left a mess which I had to clean up. Nevertheless, the Ecosmart Water Heater seems to last longer and I like the fact that my water temperature is better. Also my water bill has been lower because of it. I feel that the efficiency and Eco-friendly of the product has dramatically helped with the cost. For the price I paid I feel it is money well spent.

Original review: June 29, 2017

Our Ecosmart Water Heater has been very reliable. It was installed by a contractor who purchased it for us during renovations of our master bath. They had to call the company since they were not familiar with the brand, but customer service was great. There has been no need to change, service or upgrade since its installation to keep it working. We have had plumbers check the system when we were getting unrelated work and all was in great working condition. There is no risk of a broken water tank with flooding. We love never running out of hot water. However, I don't like that the hotter temperatures are difficult to attain when it is freezing outside. The temperature differential is too great to heat the water above 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ecosmart Water Heater expert review by ConsumerAffairs

EcoSmart provides tankless water heaters for homes and businesses that can save consumers up to 50 percent on their water heating bill. They also offer pool and spa heaters as well as radiant heating units which heat your home from the ground up.

• Types: EcoSmart provides eight models of electric, tankless water heaters. The model consumers choose will depend on their climate, home size and how many people live at the residence. Each unit is equipped with a self-modulating technology which can adjust energy output based on hot water needs.

• Applications: EcoSmart’s tankless water heaters can be applied four ways: point-of-use, whole house, water heater booster or solar extender/backup. Point-of-use is used for isolated hot water use. The whole-house option provides hot water to an entire home. The water heater booster can be installed next to a tank system to extend the capacity of the tank. The solar extender ensures a tank will never run out of hot water.

• Radiant heating: Radiant heating is an alternative, cost-effective way to provide heat to a home. Rather than using forced air through ducts, radiant heating heats from the ground up using hot water. EcoSmart has six units that can provide hot water for radiant heating and they are compatible with hardwood, carpet, vinyl and tile flooring.

• Business solutions: EcoSmart’s tankless units ensure instant and consistent hot water for businesses such as restaurants and large developments like apartments, malls or retail tenants. Consumers can find a toll-free number online that will connect them with a representative to discuss their business’ water heating needs.

• Self-modulating technology: Most tankless systems operate by a flow switch that activates around one gallon per minute (GPM). EcoSmart patented a self-modulating control that activates at 0.25 GPM. This flow sensor regulates energy use to meet hot water demand during each use. Units with this technology come with a digital display showing consumers the outlet water temperature and allowing for temperature adjustment.

• Best for: Consumers looking for a tankless water heater.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs