Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lasko Heaters Reviews

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We've had our Lasko heater for about 2 years. We put it away this past summer and went to use the remote and the remote failed. I changed the batteries and still didn't get the remote to work. I sent for a new remote with fresh batteries and that didn't work. The heater works fine manually but it would be nice if I could get the damn thing to respond to the remote. I'm not sure if Lasko has any suggestions.

Original review: March 12, 2018

While I was out of the house my Lasko heater was plugged in but not turned on. When I returned home I found the lights out and when I checked the bedroom the heater plug was melted and the receptacle was also melted and the wall in my bedroom was charred black (note the heater was not turned on and this was a new receptacle). I contacted Lasko and they told me the heater was out of warranty and there is nothing they could do about it. They did offer to for me to send in the cord and they would examine it. I've had enough with Lasko and I recommend if you have a Lasko heater throw it into the garbage before it burns your house down. Thank god the circuit breaker kicked.

Original review: March 9, 2018

LASKO CC13700 1500 Watt Space Heater - GARBAGE!!! Nothing irritates me more than unreliable gadgets. I have barely had this space heater for just over a month; it has scalded my knee from a distance of almost a full meter, and now simply won't work. You turn it all shows number 88 and keeps blinking no matter what you do. Opened and dusted it and nothing! If you enjoy worthless appliances that will irritate help yourself, but this is the last time anything with the words LASKO is purchased using my money.

Original review: April 23, 2017

Used it (Lasko 754200 Movable Air heater) for a little over a year, then yesterday went to plug it into the outlet and sparks started coming from the outlet. The plug on the heater is black. I can only assume it was the heater since I never had a problem before with the outlet.

Original review: March 1, 2017

After retirement I purchased two model 755320 Lasko Tower Heaters. I purchased this brand because while working my employer purchase this same model for our offices. This winter I noticed a strange chemical odor and I researched where this odor could have come from. I deduced that because I have an olfactory phantom disorder that it must have been acting up again. It was then that I noted that my heater was leaking a white liquid that looked like a chemical substance and decided to write to Lasko. Online I learned of many complaints pertaining to this odor and realized that I was not imagining this odor and have been concerned that breathing this substance and experiencing what I thought was sinus headaches could be derived from the Lasko heating unit. I will be contacting Lasko. What will I learn from them?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I looked at the heater in the store it looked like it was well put together. There was a display with several running. The unit was putting out nice heat and I was ready to buy that day. Well honestly I would have been better off buying a 50 gallon metal drum and having a fire. $80 down the drain long story short my review and experience is the same as many others... So details are not important. I'm 42 years old, and I think we should all do what our grandparents' generation would have. We should all drive to their main headquarters and stick our heaters on their front lawn.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how many that would be?? Heck extend that to any of their crappy broken poorly manufactured products. Our grandparents' generation didn't lay down and take crap if they didn't like something they made sure they were heard. We have lost that there are so many things we just accept or simply give up... like this company's phone nonsense you get tired of being on hold so you hang up try again later. Crazy hold times, no answer, no answer to emails. So you say forget it take the loss toss it in the trash and take the hit... Come on it was designed. That way... my email is **. Let's see how many people we can get to leave these terrible heaters on their lawn...

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased this heater last year. When using space heaters I am pretty frugal. I don't set them to the max. I leave it on 65 and figured it would turn itself off. When I reentered the room this Lasko heater was in I smelled plastic melting. I unplugged the unit and noticed it had begun to melt. Imagine If I trusted it enough to fall asleep with it on, or leave it running when I left home. After reading the reviews on this site, I will not waste time on the phone with Lasko. I will also never purchase their products again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

About two years ago I purchased a Lasko 37" oscillating tower fan Model 2711. It had a one year warranty. I used it for two summers (about 6 months total) and it quit working. I called customer support at Lasko and was told to use compressed air to clean it "and if it still doesn't work you can buy a new one." I used the compressed air and it worked for one more day and quit again. The design of this fan does not allow you to clean it. I sent an email to the company complaining about the product and never got a response. I would like a response and a refund or replacement since the product is not made to work once dust or lint collects.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Purchased the LASKO Ceramic Tower Heater from Walmart. Thought I was going crazy when I woke up in the middle of the night smelling a very strong chemical odor. Turned heater off immediately. Happened for a second time and decided to see if any other complaints matched mine. Sure enough they do. No luck with customer service. This heater is going into the garbage! It should be recalled and taken off the market. Do not purchase! I say again...DO NOT PURCHASE THIS HEATER!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I have had model CC 24841 for a year now. Just started using it the second year and the plug at the wall socket melted and was welded to the inside of the wall socket, took a lot of force to pull it out of the socket. Now unit is unusable and I do not get any help from customer service, they do not answer. Also after reading reviews here on other units, I realized a horrid burning toxic order I was having when I used my heater was actually coming from the heater not another source. Which I had hunted and hunted for what was causing it not realizing it could be a new heater doing it. The smell would make me sick at my stomach and when I woke up after a night of using it I would have breathing problems.

I have a heart condition and this is not a good thing for anyone to experience much less an unhealthy person. And what about children??? This is so dangerous. These heaters should be removed from the market, I could have been burnt to death if I had not been awake when the heater plug fused into the wall socket. And who knows what harm the toxic fumes could have caused... This needs to be address and fast!!

Lasko Heaters Company Information