Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

35 Lasko Heaters Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

When I looked at the heater in the store it looked like it was well put together. There was a display with several running. The unit was putting out nice heat and I was ready to buy that day. Well honestly I would have been better off buying a 50 gallon metal drum and having a fire. $80 down the drain long story short my review and experience is the same as many others... So details are not important. I'm 42 years old, and I think we should all do what our grandparents' generation would have. We should all drive to their main headquarters and stick our heaters on their front lawn.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how many that would be?? Heck extend that to any of their crappy broken poorly manufactured products. Our grandparents' generation didn't lay down and take crap if they didn't like something they made sure they were heard. We have lost that there are so many things we just accept or simply give up... like this company's phone nonsense you get tired of being on hold so you hang up try again later. Crazy hold times, no answer, no answer to emails. So you say forget it take the loss toss it in the trash and take the hit... Come on it was designed. That way... my email is **. Let's see how many people we can get to leave these terrible heaters on their lawn...

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I purchased this heater last year. When using space heaters I am pretty frugal. I don't set them to the max. I leave it on 65 and figured it would turn itself off. When I reentered the room this Lasko heater was in I smelled plastic melting. I unplugged the unit and noticed it had begun to melt. Imagine If I trusted it enough to fall asleep with it on, or leave it running when I left home. After reading the reviews on this site, I will not waste time on the phone with Lasko. I will also never purchase their products again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

About two years ago I purchased a Lasko 37" oscillating tower fan Model 2711. It had a one year warranty. I used it for two summers (about 6 months total) and it quit working. I called customer support at Lasko and was told to use compressed air to clean it "and if it still doesn't work you can buy a new one." I used the compressed air and it worked for one more day and quit again. The design of this fan does not allow you to clean it. I sent an email to the company complaining about the product and never got a response. I would like a response and a refund or replacement since the product is not made to work once dust or lint collects.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Purchased the LASKO Ceramic Tower Heater from Walmart. Thought I was going crazy when I woke up in the middle of the night smelling a very strong chemical odor. Turned heater off immediately. Happened for a second time and decided to see if any other complaints matched mine. Sure enough they do. No luck with customer service. This heater is going into the garbage! It should be recalled and taken off the market. Do not purchase! I say again...DO NOT PURCHASE THIS HEATER!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I have had model CC 24841 for a year now. Just started using it the second year and the plug at the wall socket melted and was welded to the inside of the wall socket, took a lot of force to pull it out of the socket. Now unit is unusable and I do not get any help from customer service, they do not answer. Also after reading reviews here on other units, I realized a horrid burning toxic order I was having when I used my heater was actually coming from the heater not another source. Which I had hunted and hunted for what was causing it not realizing it could be a new heater doing it. The smell would make me sick at my stomach and when I woke up after a night of using it I would have breathing problems.

I have a heart condition and this is not a good thing for anyone to experience much less an unhealthy person. And what about children??? This is so dangerous. These heaters should be removed from the market, I could have been burnt to death if I had not been awake when the heater plug fused into the wall socket. And who knows what harm the toxic fumes could have caused... This needs to be address and fast!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lasko Heaters?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

We were using the heater in the low mode for a few hours. Turned it off and shortly started smelling a burning smell. We had the heater since the first of the year so thought maybe dust or something but it keep on. I got up and checked the heater and the top was very hot then the power light went out and would not come back on. I'm just now researching my options.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Lasko Heaters and their customer service people added much unnecessary problems and stress for 3 years. I used a Lasko heater that caused a TOXIC burning smell in my house that lingered and resulted in my removing so many things such as rugs in my house. And me hiring so many professional for services trying to find the cause of the odor with no success. Spent so much time and money spent for this unnecessary problem. The heaters worked great so I bought 2 more. Wondering if the smell could come from the heater I called Lasko. Many problems reaching them. They told me there could be no way that the odor could come from the heaters. I called them 5 times in 3 years asking questions such as do they have a filter to clean. They answered "No" to all.

The last heater I purchased had a toxic plastic burning smell that made me sick. And the plug got hot and blew a fuse also on one of them. I emailed them twice and called leaving messages but no response. Then I found many reviews on Amazon of users with the same experiences. I am still trying to determine how I will deal with this. They are very unsafe and can cause illness.

Original review: May 9, 2015

Lasko 755320 Ceramic Tower Heater - My fiance and I purchased this space heater through Amazon on January 11, 2015 this past winter for our reptile room, as the house gets very cold during the winter months. The heater never worked accurately since day one and would occasionally go above the selected maximum temperature guidelines we would set. It would frequently go as many as 10 degrees past that. We walked into the reptile room this week on May 6th, 2015 at approximately 5:00 PM to find the space heater had turned on by itself. Not only did it turn on by itself, but it did not stop. The thermometer in the room was pinned at 120 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT.

The space heater had been running for God knows how long and sat at its highest capable reading of 99 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT with no safety fan or mechanism in sight. We found our three beloved Crested Geckos dead. My two Gargoyle Geckos barely survived and the eggs from our now deceased geckos seem to be hanging on by a thread. I am not optimistic about their future. We are baffled as to how it not only turned on by itself, but Lasko has absolutely no safety features and DANGEROUS product mechanics. There is no telling if the heater would have ever shut off or burned down the house had we not come home when we did. When we left that morning the heater was plugged in and OFF. Whatever controls the heater's temperature gauge or thermostat must have malfunctioned, causing it to run without any end in sight.

There are several other very specific Amazon reviews from consumers who have experienced very similar and almost exact results from this Lasko heater. We have attempted to contact Lasko by phone multiple times now and have not heard back, nor have we even reached a live person. After being put on hold for hours at a time, we feel we have exhausted all other options. We will be filing a complaint with the BBB, Amazon, and pursuing legal action to have Lasko reimburse us for the cost of our deceased geckos and the cost of their product. We seek that they remove these highly dangerous products from the market and issue a statement acknowledging the defective products and their negligence to recall them after multiple complaints from others referencing these similar issues.

As devastated as we are about this loss, we are also concerned for others and don't wish it on anyone to see the horrible sights we saw that day. What if this were to happen to someone's child? We cannot sit by and do nothing while countless others are at risk. Do not buy any products from this company if you value safety. You will be putting you, your pets, family and loved ones at risk.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Recently purchased Lasko ceramic tower heater. Like most I'm still trying to teach company by phone... Still not possible. I ordered this unit from WalMart online to add a little bit of extra heat to my kitchen. However, it does not do a thing to add any warm. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

I love my Lasko heater. Today, after 3 yrs use, I decided to take the back off of the heater to clean out the dust. I found that the back was attached w/ 4 Phillips head screws and 2 crescent screws. What idiot does something like that??? Thank God that I just happened to have a crescent wrench that would fit!!! What would I have done if I hadn't had that wrench??? Lasko heater is a good product but evidently all logic was thrown out the door in the finishing Dept.!!!! P.S. I have been in Quality Control for over 20 yrs and mixed screws are totally unacceptable!!!

Lasko Heaters Company Information