2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

KitchenAid’s selection of outdoor grills includes freestanding models and models that are built in or used with islands. Grills are available in a variety of colors and burner configurations, including both gas and charcoal options. These grills are designed and manufactured by Nexgrill Industries, a licensed partner of KitchenAid. Product availability varies by retailer.

BOTTOM LINE

KitchenAid provides multiple grill sizes and styles with strong warranties and affordable pricing. Grills are purchased through third-party retailers. Check KitchenAid’s website for free online recipes and product support.

PROS
  • Online recipes
  • One- to 10-year warranties
  • Affordable pricing
  • Many grill options
CONS
  • Not manufactured by KitchenAid
  • Only available through third parties

Top KitchenAid Grills Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Grills?

The grill has many features that I really like. This grill is non stick and my food cooks perfectly. I like that I can control the temperature and the flame and make sure that it doesn't over cook my food. I can also control the broiler on the side so I can slow cook.

I like KitchenAid cause its design and style look neat and I can set the amount of charcoal and then watch the temperature on the grill. It is a nice standing grill that is just the right height for me to use… It cooks my meals evenly and not halfway done.

How do KitchenAid grills work?

KitchenAid grills may be purchased as freestanding appliances or built in to your outdoor kitchen. They’re constructed from stainless steel and ceramic and available in colors ranging from classic silver and black to bold blues and reds.

Burner configurations range from two to eight burners, and side burners are available on some models. These products can only be purchased from third-party retailers, but you can view the full catalog and product availability on KitchenAid’s grill website. The company also sells additional accessories for your grill, including covers, cooking utensils and gas conversion kits.

KitchenAid grill prices

While pricing may vary by retailer or available discounts, KitchenAid offers its suggested retail price on the brand’s website. Freestanding grills range from $250 to $1,300, depending on the number of central and side burners.

Built-in grills run between $900 and $1,100, while island grills range from $1,600 to $3,000. Accessories typically cost between $50 and $250.

KitchenAid grills FAQ

Are KitchenAid grills made by NexGrill?
    Yes, Nexgrill Industries designs, manufactures and sells KitchenAid products. Nexgrill is owned by Whirlpool.
    Where can you buy KitchenAid grills?
    You can buy KitchenAid grills from third-party hardware stores and retailers like Home Depot, Amazon and Costco. Check KitchenAid’s website for product availability.
    Where are KitchenAid gas grills made?
    KitchenAid grills are manufactured by Nexgrill. This company sells KitchenAid products globally.
    What is the warranty on a KitchenAid grill?
    KitchenAid grills include a 10-year warranty on the burner, a three-year warranty on the grates and a one-year warranty on other parts. This warranty is only available to the original owner of the grill.

Are KitchenAid grills good?

KitchenAid grills are high-quality and typically highly rated among owners. The grills feature multiple color options, burner configurations and fuel types. They can be purchased through major third-party retailers like Amazon, Home Depot and Costco. If you’re looking for a kitchen upgrade, it’s worth looking into KitchenAid grills.

KitchenAid Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Grills?

Original review: May 3, 2021

I purchased a KitchenAid outdoor built-in grill. Later I found out KitchenAid does not make the grill. They license their name out to Nexgrill. The ignitor does not work. There is no in home service for any of their built-in grills. You have to repair it yourself or uninstall it and send it back. Nexgrill stated they would mail me a new ignitor and I could repair it myself. After two weeks the part did not arrive. I contacted them again. After two more weeks I contacted MS ** a third time. Again I was promised it was mailing. I am now in my sixth week of waiting. Now I get no response from Nexgrill. I'm not sure how to get this $1000.00 grill repaired. KitchenAid says I have to go through Nexgrill.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I purchased KitchenAid 4 burners outdoor gas grill model # #720-0954, serial #HDU720KSIC0954-018484A, from Home Depot on 06/08/2019. So, I don’t usually write reviews but this is just such an exceptionally poor product that I feel like I have to warn people. It’s well built, but (and this is a huge but) I have the following issues with that grill and substandard Kitchen Aid’s customer service:

1. Rust on the stainless outside hood and sides. Kitchen Aid’s customer service would not help to take care of this problem. They stated it is a cosmetic issue not covered under the manufacturer's warranty (stainless steel parts have 3 years warranty).
    2. The regulator went bad after 14 months. The manufacturer warranty for the regulator is only for one year.

3. The burners do not generate the same heat/temperature at the same setting. The food does not cook evenly. (Stainless steel tube burners supposed to have 10 years warranty.)

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Temperature control of this unit is absolutely unreliable. With both burners on low, the unit will sail past 600 degrees and catch everything in it on fire. We originally thought it was grease build up, but the unit was cleaned a week ago. We set the temp for low, and about 12 minutes later flames were coming out of the side of the grill. This thing is the most dangerous piece of equipment I have ever used.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I've rated this grill poorly because of my personal experience with particular grill. I have had it less than 2 years and within the very first year the grill started to rust underneath. This grill is kept on a covered patio that nevers gets rain. With the second year the back of the grill rusted. I bought the grill when I moved into my home and somehow had lost the paperwork and without the paperwork I wasn't able to return it after the first year..

Original review: July 26, 2019

Bought the two burner KitchenAid grill 720-0819G at Home Depot on 3/30/2017. Also bought the grill cover. The cover cost $50 but rotted and fell apart after 18 months and had to be replaced. The grill, being a KitchenAid appeared sturdy and worked well for our grilling needs. At the two year mark the walls of the grill rusted out the brackets for the burners and grates fell into the interior box. Obviously buying the grill over had no effect on the outdoor elements. Now I find out that KitchenAid says, "Not our problem. That is a NexGrill. Go talk to them." How can you do this when the grill clearly has a KitchenAid brand on it. Now is in the junk pile and new Weber is on the way. Should have known better.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I purchased the KitchenAid grill this year and am really enjoying learning to properly use it. It has a large grill area with three heavy grates and an upper grill area I use to slow cook chicken. It has some really good features such as a mounted thermometer and two collapsible side trays, a drawer that catches the ashes and you remove it and carry it right to the nearest trash receptacle (or flower bed????) because the carbon is good for the soil as long as it is not too greasy, and a lever to raise and lower the coals. Overall I am very satisfied. My only problem has been getting the coals to the proper cooking temperature to prevent flare ups of my fire, but I’m learning.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The grill look great and works fairly well. I wish I had put the cover on it that I bought few years ago but never used and eventually threw it away. This has not helped the looks of the grill in harsh Colorado weather.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I needed a relatively small grill for one or two people for daily use, even in winter. KitchenAid had a good reputation, and the manager at Home Depot recommended it, so I bought it. I even spent an additional $100 for the natural gas conversion kit. Right away there was a problem: the grill cover -- which only fits with the side trays down -- was extremely tight and ripped after the 2nd week. It was still usable but looked like crap. (It's made of the thinnest vinyl.) Because the grill is on the small side, other covers I bought and tried were way too big.

I used the grill regularly the first 2 years. Year three, things started rusting and breaking off -- inside the grill, even though I cover it. This year, the support that holds the flame cover, rusted right though so I had to rig something to hold it above the flame. KitchenAid may make a good refrigerator, but I'll never buy their grills again.

Original review: June 11, 2019

My grill gets to heat in a hurry, cooks evenly and cleans up easily. The grates seem to be weathering fine and the flare up fins appear to be holding up to the temps for my cooking. I haven’t used the searing grate but once but it seems to work fine.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Great looking grill. Solidly built (not like a lot of the flimsy ones). Has a rotisserie. Stainless steel burner covers and grates. (I would have preferred cast iron grates) but these are fine. A bit more pricey at $700, but worth it.

KitchenAid Grills Company Information