3.89/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

36 KitchenAid Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

We had a Charbroil grill for over 5 years and it was time for a new one. We went to Home Depot and bought a KitchenAid. I thought it was nice looking, would meet our needs and the brand is known for quality. We have had it for 2 years using mostly in the summer. This is the 2nd summer we would've used it. We were having a 4th of July party, the grill caught chicken on fire and it was on low heat. Flames were coming out of the grill. We turned it off to make sure the grill was clean and it was. We turned it back on and the whole inside caught fire. We disconnected the gas line to prevent an explosion on our deck in front of family and friends. The grill, although disconnected, still tried starting over and over again. We had to press the emergency lever to make it stop trying to start. Very scary experience. We are now on our way to Home Depot to buy a different brand. Sad to say I do not recommend buying this grill at all. Waste of our money for sure.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Purchased a 32" 5 burner grill with searing burner from Sam's Club. KitchenAid should be ashamed of the crappy quality of these grills. I own many KitchenAid items, and this is as bad as a Char-Broil, but with triple the price. The cover is not waterproof, and has caused the non stainless painted surface top to rust and chip paint. It is flimsy and only one set of wheels turns, so moving it away from the house to grill is difficult to maneuver. The cover to the searing plate is plastic, and silver paint has just chipped off. Every time it rains, the whole grill fills with water, so much that the shelves under the cabinet are flaking and completely rusted.

Now, there is only bone setting, high. The knobs no longer have control to reduce flames, only cooks on high. For the $1000 that this cost at Sam's Club, I would never recommend to purchase this grill. As an avid KitchenAid user, this grill is a complete fail. Whoever is making these grills should never put a KitchenAid label on them. This is such a poor quality grill and will last you 2 years tops. KitchenAid should be ashamed for putting out such a poor quality grill.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 17, 2018

Purchased Kitchen Aid Grill on Sale from Dent and Scratch sale from Home Depot in February 2017. Stored in my basement until first used in August 2017. Seemed to work fine then. After winter, first grilled in April 2017. We were preheating grill to cook steaks. A little while later, noticed that the grill was blazing on fire from the Hose with the LP Regulator. It was not the smartest thing I did but I managed to turn off the flow of LP gas running from the LP tank to the grill. Damaged from the fire was to the hose which caught on fire at the connection of the hose. Burned all ignition wires. Believe this is something that shouldn't happen to an almost new grill. Poor design.

Original review: April 23, 2018

The flame tamer mount fell out because the entire back wall of the burn box is rusting! So mad I paid more for the Kitchenaid name thinking it would last much longer! I've jury-rigged it to see if I can get another seasons out of the piece of crap.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Very disappointed with my purchase of a KitchenAid outdoor grill with searing burner feature. After two grilling seasons, two of the grill grates used over the searing burner are completely destroyed and unusable. Reason, Kitchenaid does not provide solid stainless steel grates with their grills. The stainless steel coated grates that come with their product WILL NOT stand up to the heat of the searing burner.

When contacting Kitchenaid for some consideration their solution was to offer me original equipment grates if I would pay shipping. This is not a solution. I spent a great deal of time and money building a patio area and grill surround around the Kitchenaid grill and now all I want to do is figure out how to replace it. I encouraged Kitchenaid to consider offering solid stainless steel grates with any of their grills that have the sear burner feature like other manufacturers do. Otherwise my opinion and review of the Kitchenaid product is that it is poor in design, quality and value.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Grills?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This grill was pre-assembled by Home Depot and they used electric screwdrivers to do it, there are some that are loose. That is my only complaint. The grill looks sharp, is very well built and has large handles and accessories like the temp gauge. It is well worth the money.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I like the fact that the KitchenAid grill is stainless steel and it heats very evenly and fires up quickly every time I use it. But the cost could be a tad lower in the stores. It should be more affordable in the long run.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

The grill has many features that I really like. This grill is non stick and my food cooks perfectly. I like that I can control the temperature and the flame and make sure that it doesn't over cook my food. I can also control the broiler on the side so I can slow cook. I am very satisfied with this grill.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Great for weekend cookouts and cold weather. It’s convenient and the separate sections are roomy. My family and friends love the idea that I can utilize the propane and charcoal at the same time and I can cook quickly. I have difficulty finding a cover but the biggest issue is no smoker. A smoker box would make it easier to cook overnight and allow me the ability to cook more items on the grill. It’s a great piece of equipment and I love it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My KitchenAid grill is very accessible and convenient grill. It's perfect for hosting a dinner party or dinner for 2. I love it. It's a reliable brand. I need a grill that has plenty of space and storage that includes a searing and rotisserie burner, has accessible storage, a slide out tank tray. I need enough space to cook dinner for a dinner party or just for me and my husband. I would like to have a searing burner, at least 4 or more burners, and the most up to date technology. I would also like my grill to have Ceramic infrared burner.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I love its sleek stainless steel design and the interior with the smoking rack on top. There is also a lot of storage which is perfect when I am cooking for company and I have cooked many barbecue meals on this grill. I am in love with it as I feel it is the perfect grill for me. However I would prefer something that can use both propane and wood fire and if there is a better grill out there I am willing to try something new.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I like that it has a burner on it and it has everything I need. It is very easy to use and clean up. It heats up fast with no problems at all. It works great so there's nothing at all I dislike about my barbecue grill. I will buy another one when needed. I will recommend it to everyone I know.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

The KitchenAid grill is amazing overall but there are some key factors which cause it not to be as great as it could be. I wish they could have been better. But I enjoy using this grill most of the time. It is really nice and I recommend people to use it for cookouts, birthday parties and all. It was a great experience and I love the grill.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It is sleek and simplistic. You can throw burgers, hot dogs, or steak on the grill and know that you are going to have a delicious meal. Everyone in my family would also agree that the grill is a very nice tool. But it is too big. It still fits in my backyard patio, but we usually have to move a lot to use the barbecue to its full potential. But once we are able to use it, everything continues smoothly and safely. It is easy to use and gets the job done. It always grills burgers and hot dogs the same way and is easy to clean off. I would recommend this type of grill to anyone who likes to grill for their family or friends.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Full containers, many compartments. Good history, the brand very good. Great customers, users the best in the market. Prices and new offers, good to self-serve. Best capacities, good cooking, great experience, many types to cook, great option to have family time. Great services overall. Funny to trade with the family, friends, neighbors. Fun to part in the community and extreme desirable to families in the market.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The LED backlit control panel makes it easier to grill at night, and lots of cooking space with two side burners. There's enough room to cook an entire meal and I don't even need a kitchen. It also comes with a grill cover to keep it clean. I love how big it is and how much I can cook on it at one time but all that space makes it use up more propane which makes it cost more than a regular cheaper Grill. Also, I love the stainless steel. I love the grill and would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I like KitchenAid cause its design and style look neat and I can set the amount of charcoal and then watch the temperature on the grill. It is a nice standing grill that is just the right height for me to use. I also like that it has wheels on it so I can move it around to different spots and stay in the shade while grilling my favorite meats or combination meals. I have had great experience with this grill and it makes my meat come out tender and fall apart. It also is easy to use and do clean up and combination meals. It cooks my meals evenly and not halfway done. They all come out juicy and wonderful tasting.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I love my KitchenAid Grill. It is easy to use, compact, doesn't take up a lot of room, doesn't make a mess and the price is right. It's a name that's been around for a long time. Also, there's a good amount of space to bbq and the grids are removable and dishwasher safe to clean if you wanna clean them that way. I just clean them the old-fashioned way. It's been great and I use it for myself a lot to cook 'cause I'm alone a lot. The dial on it is easy to read for cooking. It's perfect!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Grills any kind of food, has multiple heat settings, quick cooking, fully cooked food, flame grill settings, no stick, no mess and all your food comes out to perfection with no mistakes at all. Everything about this grill is fine just the way it is and it makes me happy and excited to use this grill just about for any occasion possible. My experience with this grill has been fun and excellent. Nothing compares to this grill.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The KitchenAid Grill is good quality, and I love the style and also the paint and the brand also is good and easy to use. Even the price is a little bit high for me but I still like it cause I love the brand name.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

KitchenAid's barbecue grill is large and looks nice. we can use coals, gas or wood for smoking your food. It's easy to clean and gets hot quick. I like the food prepared for it. But I hate having to move it. it's heavy and awkward. It's also easy to burn yourself when you are opening and closing the lid. Also, it can be somewhat difficult to maintain the cooking temperatures for a long period of time and it radiates so much heat. Standing too near it is almost unbearable. I do not cook on the grill very often as I tend to burn the food while using it. Therefore I usually let the fiance deal with grilling. If it wasn't for how good it makes food, I'd throw it away in an instant.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

It's a great grill and it helps me cook the meat perfectly. It is dependable and has become a staple for all of the family functions that I host and all my friends envy my amazing backyard parties. The best grill period.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

KitchenAid is a very durable grill with a lot of features. It is also easy to fit on my porch, portable and I can move it around quite easily. However, it was a little bit expensive. I would try to improve space while lowering grills and also add a way to fold it flat (collapse the legs). Nevertheless, it has not let me down. It cooks everything well and very easy to use.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We love our KitchenAid grill and bought it due to the high quality of the name and its reputation as a outstanding maker of the best quality of home goods. Also, very convenient and easy to function and use. It's chrome and heavy duty and has extra side burner, top shelf and temperature gauge. Easy to clean and maintain but wish it would have a self-cleaning mechanism... Food sticks easily and needs a better nonstick surface, gas container is a little excessive in price.. It's also heavy and big. But I highly recommended to anyone looking for a good grill.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

The KitchenAid Grill cooks well and is easy to clean. Some of the other grills get so filthy and it takes forever to clean it. A clean grill makes the food taste better. I have less concerns with this grill than I did with the other one. I just wish it had a more fun and elegant design or color. The design does not go with the decor at all. It is just not that visually pleasing. I actually wanted to repaint it but decided against doing so. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Other than that, the grill looks really honest and it's a good performing grill.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The KitchenAid grill is very sleek, and lights a lot more quickly than the grill my parents have. It has a nice thermometer right on it and has stands so I can put my cooking utensils within reach. This grill has help me out a lot with a lot of backyard barbecues with friends and family, even if I wasn't the one manning the grill all the time. I am very satisfied, but I would like to be able to have a little more control of the temperature I'm cooking at. Also, a timer would be a nice addition.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have always purchased the KitchenAid brand of barbecue grills. I love it since it never lets me down and it's amazing because I am the envy of all of my friends. I like that I am able to set the temperature on the grill and that my meat always comes out to perfection. My family and friends are always trying to borrow it but I never let them because it is my baby. KitchenAid brings happiness to each and every one of my family and all of my friends as well. We really enjoy cooking on it and all of the food turns out amazing. We use it for all of our family functions. It is the best grill out there.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

It has the normal stuff for a gas grill. It has about 4 by 2 feet space for placing your food and a 4 by 1 foot space on the top rack and four outside burns for pots. It's the best grill I have had, it's simple to use and works a lot better than other ones I have used. I love it, but it is hard to move and most parts are hard to clean. If you really want to try to clean it you end up having to take it apart piece by piece then have to put back together to use again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I love the side burner... Convenient to use... It has a push start ignitor and I enjoy the windscreen surface it has. I enjoy grilling most of my meats but I prefer charcoal because it has a different taste. However because the KitchenAid grill has the push start ignitor on it it's not quite so bad. The ease of use with this grill made it worth it to spend the money to get... It is definitely a grill I would recommend to my friends looking for an easy to use grill. I like it a lot.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This grill is used every day and we keep it clean. Black stainless steel. Everything about it is amazing. I like that it cooks fast, love how nice it is and love the brand. Very satisfied with the grill, but I don't like the propane running out.

KitchenAid Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid got their start selling their iconic mixer in 1919. Today, KitchenAid is a major distributor of indoor and outdoor household appliances. Their grills are manufactured in partnership with Nexgrill Industries, Inc. and can be found at retailers nationwide.

• Side by side comparison: KitchenAid’s grilling website allows consumers to do a side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time to compare features.

• Versatile: From small two-burner grills with fold-up shelves and towel bars to full-size five-burner grill with rotisserie and side burners, KitchenAid has a grill for every size living space.

• Natural gas conversion: Convert your propane gas grill to natural gas with a natural gas conversion kit, available from Nexgrill Industries, Inc. online.

• Easy to find: KitchenAid grills are sold at major national retailers, and an online ordering option will be available soon.

• Instructional videos: Find out how to clean your grill, convert from propane to natural gas, assemble your side burner, reset your liquid propane regulator and turn your grill on and off with KitchenAid’s vast online video library.

• Best for: KitchenAid grills are best for homeowners with either a large or small outdoor living space.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs