4.25/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

KitchenAid Grills

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

12 KitchenAid Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

KitchenAid's barbecue grill is large and looks nice. we can use coals, gas or wood for smoking your food. It's easy to clean and gets hot quick. I like the food prepared for it. But I hate having to move it. it's heavy and awkward. It's also easy to burn yourself when you are opening and closing the lid. Also, it can be somewhat difficult to maintain the cooking temperatures for a long period of time and it radiates so much heat. Standing too near it is almost unbearable. I do not cook on the grill very often as I tend to burn the food while using it. Therefore I usually let the fiance deal with grilling. If it wasn't for how good it makes food, I'd throw it away in an instant.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We love our KitchenAid grill and bought it due to the high quality of the name and its reputation as a outstanding maker of the best quality of home goods. Also, very convenient and easy to function and use. It's chrome and heavy duty and has extra side burner, top shelf and temperature gauge. Easy to clean and maintain but wish it would have a self-cleaning mechanism... Food sticks easily and needs a better nonstick surface, gas container is a little excessive in price.. It's also heavy and big. But I highly recommended to anyone looking for a good grill.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The KitchenAid grill is very sleek, and lights a lot more quickly than the grill my parents have. It has a nice thermometer right on it and has stands so I can put my cooking utensils within reach. This grill has help me out a lot with a lot of backyard barbecues with friends and family, even if I wasn't the one manning the grill all the time. I am very satisfied, but I would like to be able to have a little more control of the temperature I'm cooking at. Also, a timer would be a nice addition.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

It has the normal stuff for a gas grill. It has about 4 by 2 feet space for placing your food and a 4 by 1 foot space on the top rack and four outside burns for pots. It's the best grill I have had, it's simple to use and works a lot better than other ones I have used. I love it, but it is hard to move and most parts are hard to clean. If you really want to try to clean it you end up having to take it apart piece by piece then have to put back together to use again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I love the side burner... Convenient to use... It has a push start ignitor and I enjoy the windscreen surface it has. I enjoy grilling most of my meats but I prefer charcoal because it has a different taste. However because the KitchenAid grill has the push start ignitor on it it's not quite so bad. The ease of use with this grill made it worth it to spend the money to get... It is definitely a grill I would recommend to my friends looking for an easy to use grill. I like it a lot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Grills?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This grill is used every day and we keep it clean. Black stainless steel. Everything about it is amazing. I like that it cooks fast, love how nice it is and love the brand. Very satisfied with the grill, but I don't like the propane running out.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I really love KitchenAid brand items because they're quality and the grill I own has withstood some crazy weather and serves its purpose, it's great too because it's a very large grill for my large family size. It's stainless steel and makes the process of cleaning the grill very easy and quick. The grill has the optional smoker feature but the bottom of it which is such a good deal for the price I had paid for it and the grill has large racks so you have space to lay out about 50 different items and quickly cook your meal. It's really hard to move the grill sometimes. Because of the large size grill we bought it gets a bit difficult to maneuver the grill around and the smoker feature at the bottom of it really weighs it down a lot.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My experiences with this KitchenAid grill have provided nothing but great food and happy people eating said food for the last year or so. Everyone loves when I cook on this grill and they always have a great time. It's a tough and dependable brand that has always cooked evenly and has made my food taste amazing. However they are currently very expensive and I'd prefer them to be 40-50 dollars cheaper if possible. If not I would settle for 10-20 dollars.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

It is well built, good quality and good price. Yummy stuff made on magic grills. I love it so bad but it was nice LOL.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I like that it is easy to use and clean, that it cooks my food to perfection the way I like it and when it starts to get hot, it really gets hot. It is a great grill. It was affordable. I also like the size of the grill. I can put all my meat on it at the same time. However I dislike that it is old and might need replacing soon. I also dislike that I have to leave it on my porch and it gets rusty every day.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

This was quite an investment however, it is well worth the price paid. In addition to grilling space, there is a searing plate and two warming trays. The gas bottle is concealed in the grill. Its appearance is beautiful and quite frequently discussed. No doubt a wise "expensive" but durable and long lasting grill. Mine is approaching 8 years and it looks brand new.

Original review: July 30, 2017

On the 4th of July this year 2017 I went to light my sisters KitchenAid barbecue for our family dinner. I opened up the cabinet turned the tank valve open. Closed the cabinet door. I then turned burner #1 on and proceeded to click on the lighting mechanism provided by the manufacturer labeled lighter with a red button, to no avail. I reached for a box of long wooden matches on a table near the barbecue (obviously a chronic issue) and held the lit match near the burner... Nothing so I opened the valve to burner number 2 and moved the lit match to be next to the opening of the 2nd burner still nothing. By this time the match was nearing my fingers so I dropped it on top of the burner. I could not hear the gas nor smell it. I thought "She must be out of propane." I went into the house to advise her of our misfortune to which she replies "I have another tank on the side of the house."

I went back outside and found the tank. I picked it up and brought it next to the BBQ. I opened up the cabinet on the barbecue to exchange the tanks and that's when it went up in flames. I sustained 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns to my face, left arm and hands. The barbecue and tank burned for 10-15 minutes throwing 13-15 foot flames. I was rushed to the hospital while our neighbors sprayed water on the houses to prevent them from catching fire. When the fire department came the tank had already burnt itself out and we were out of danger. They said there was nothing left of the barbecue to be able to determine the cause. All too often a problem with these types of propane/natural gas barbecues they said.

KitchenAid Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KitchenAid got their start selling their iconic mixer in 1919. Today, KitchenAid is a major distributor of indoor and outdoor household appliances. Their grills are manufactured in partnership with Nexgrill Industries, Inc. and can be found at retailers nationwide.

• Side by side comparison: KitchenAid’s grilling website allows consumers to do a side-by-side comparison of up to three grills at a time to compare features.
    • Versatile: From small two-burner grills with fold-up shelves and towel bars to full-size five-burner grill with rotisserie and side burners, KitchenAid has a grill for every size living space.
    • Natural gas conversion: Convert your propane gas grill to natural gas with a natural gas conversion kit, available from Nexgrill Industries, Inc. online.
    • Easy to find: KitchenAid grills are sold at major national retailers, and an online ordering option will be available soon.
    • Instructional videos: Find out how to clean your grill, convert from propane to natural gas, assemble your side burner, reset your liquid propane regulator and turn your grill on and off with KitchenAid’s vast online video library.
    • Best for: KitchenAid grills are best for homeowners with either a large or small outdoor living space.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs