4.1/5 (165 ratings)

About KitchenAid Cooktops

KitchenAid sells a variety of cooktops for home chefs. Customers shopping online can filter results by size, price, features, color and cutout height. 0% APR financing is available on orders of more than $299. The company includes free delivery with online purchases.

KitchenAid Cooktops Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Cooktops?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid Cooktops?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

This oven and cooktop was included in the purchase of our home. The broiler is amazing. Watch it! It heats up fast and works well. The oven takes hours to cool down. We routinely roast vegetables for 15-20 min of cook time, turn off the oven and then listen to the fan blow for 3-3.5 hours. After contacting the company I was told the cool down time is dependent on the ambient temperature of our kitchen. Hummm… The most uncomfortable thing about this unit is the ease at which the knobs turn and start the flow of gas. If you bump a knob, it will turn slightly and within minutes you will smell gas. After contacting the company, we were told that they are aware of this issue and their recommendation is to remove the knobs when not in use. Unsafe. Not recommended.

Original review: July 7, 2021

This is not a good product!!! The top is not glass and will chip. The control panel is in a bad spot you constantly make it beep while trying to wipe it off since it is on the top of the stove. The cleaning feature works with steam and it does not remove grease, be prepared to use oven cleaner. Lastly mine is not even 2 years old and the seal coating is coming off of the oven door and I called KitchenAid and they told me sorry it is out of warranty.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Parts around the warranty. 2 months runaround, every week another story, they cannot locate the parts. Ask her to be escalated that had to 26th of Jan. to find the parts or come up with a resolution, now that day has passed out getting the runaround to wait another 5 days when myself does not work, this service 2 years old. KitchenAid does not pay everybody there has a total attitude. They promised to call you back unable not.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

KGCC566Rbl03 was off and I heard a boom boom sound. Turned to see it caught fire. I rushed out and called 911. Fortunately I was home so no major damage. Called the co. and they sent a repair guy who said it cannot be repaired. Co. called to tell me that since it is from 2007 it can catch fire as it is old. Which seems like a dangerous preposition. And so they are not going to replace and want me to pay for a new one with a small rebate (25%) of the MRSP. Seems like they don't really care that their product caught fire. I have asked to replacement and they are refusing. What are my options. We have been without a stove top Since Nov 3, 2020. They sent the repair guy on the 17th. Since then I called and have to wait 2 hours if someone will receive the call.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Going on day 11 without a range. It took 7 days for service company to order a part that is backordered. This is for a new range that failed after only 52 days. For a multi billion appliance company that is totally unacceptable and ridiculous. Stay away from KitchenAid. There is no concept of customer service.

Original review: April 21, 2020

We bought a KitchenAid gas cooktop (model #: KFGU706VSS01) approximately 5 years ago. It has been nothing but trouble since we purchased it. You can’t cook 1 large pot or 2 smaller pots before it starts clicking and shuts off. It’s really annoying and pisses you off when you’re right in the middle of cooking especially when cooking large meals. If the top gets too hot it just shuts off and it takes too long to reset. For the price we paid we sure expected a much better product. We would never recommend any kitchen aid stove top products. What a mistake! Shame on kitchen aid for selling these terrible pieces of crap. You have my email or phone number if you "KITCHEN AID" would like to respond to us!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Bought our 30" induction cooktop in 2014 along with other KitchenAid appliances. It has had many electronic problems over the past 5 years and in fact had problems within the first year. It just starts sending out error codes for no reason whatsoever. It is completely unreliable for such an expensive unit. I have talked to a few appliance repairmen and they all say electronics components are cheaply made in all appliances and will soon fail. Don't waste your money on high end appliances such as this. Just go for a minimum electronics appliance.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I thought I was getting a higher end product by buying Kitchenaid appliances. Currently my induction cooktop (I paid $2000) to has an error code F47. This means I need to replace the computer board. Well that will be $478. The unit is only 2 yrs old. While I’m at it, my Kitchenaid refrigerator freezer is also not working. This will be the 3rd time to have a serviceman come. The freezer fan Needs to be replaced. It’s also 2 years old. That will be another at least $200. I’ve had trouble with the kitchenaid oven too. It makes loud buzzing sound. I already had a fan replaced on it. The dishwasher had some trouble not cleaning properly but I changed the dishwasher tablets to a more expensive brand and I’m hoping that will solve the unclean dishes issue. My recommendation would be don’t buy Kitchenaid.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We purchased in July 2018, in August 2019 unit failed. We did not purchase an extended warranty and are in repair hell. The replacement circuit boards from the Whirlpool factory distributor are not identical to the ones the factory installs. We are now headed for the third primary circuit board and the unit has been unusable 5 weeks and will likely be down another 1-2 weeks - assuming the factory board works. My strong recommendation is don't get sucked into any of the whirlpool induction cooktops. Customer service is abysmal unless you are willing to escalate it up to the Care Resolution Team in Benton Harbor, MI and worst of all most Whirlpool agents just don't want to take ownership of a problem, but rather shove it off on the local repair tech.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I paid almost $3,000 for this range in August 2018, had it installed in October 2018. It the cooktop stopped working in September 2019. KitchenAid says warranty is no good because I paid for it over a year ago. Ridiculous it died within a year. But, I also bought a KitchenAid refrigerator at the same time and within 6 months the ice maker had to be replaced. If you're thinking KitchenAid, go elsewhere! It's no wonder they push extended warranties so hard. Can't even make an appliance to last a year.

KitchenAid Cooktops Company Information