Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

63 KitchenAid Cooktops Consumer Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have had this gas downdraft cooktop for eight years. The knobs are plastic and break after three to four years use. We travel a good bit and are home six to seven months out of the year so I am being generous when I say they last three to four years. The knobs are plastic and bore out which makes them not only nonfunctional, but unsafe. When this happens you cannot turn the fire off. I have had to order five new knobs, at the cost of $17.10 each. They have gone up in price over $2 since I last ordered. At best they probably cost $2 or less to manufacture. I would urge anyone to not buy Whirlpool products, who makes KitchenAid. I also have double ovens, poorest self cleaning ovens I have ever owned. They are also poorly calibrated.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I had this cooktop installed in my newly built home 2 years ago. Since then, it has failed completely twice. If you use more than 2 of the 4 burners at the same time, it just blows and will not work at all. Service is a long and arduous process. Of the 2 years I have lived here I have been without a cooktop for 4 months and counting. The latest breakdown was at the end of September. I've had 3 service class so far, next one scheduled for Dec 10, 2018. Going to be a GREAT Thanksgiving!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased KitchenAid stove with glass top last week, but I am surprised that its glass is getting stains every time even a single drop of water goes on the glass. I spent almost $1700, thinking of getting a superior product, but it's so unfortunate that their quality is very bad. I was using Whirlpool for the last 10 years. Their glass top is very easy to clean and no issues. I called Lowe's (BRAMPTON). They say we can't return the appliances once they are used. PLEASE DO NOT BUY... OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE CRYING AFTERWARDS.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I purchased KitchenAid ceramic glass top cooktops. This is a sour lemon! 2 days after the installation, it made a big sound and burnt up heat indication light. And it started showing small bubble like things on surface. No matter how much I cleaned, it did not go away. I thought this was factory defect. I told the dealer and they replace with a new top. But with this new top, it's starting to show the small bubbles again. I had several glass top cooktop before but this is the worst one to get cleaned. And I don't like the burners' sizes. There are 2 large burners and 2 small ones and no medium size. If I use small burner for medium size pan, it takes forever to get hot and if I place medium size fry pan on large burner, oil splashes on burning surface around the pan. Whoever made this cooktops, do you cook?

Original review: May 26, 2018

This cooktop has ‘dots’ marking the top burners. The dots look like splatters- confusing to clean but not a huge thing. The thing I hate about the stove is the vibration it puts off when cooling. The bottom drawer (which is useless) vibrates when the oven vents, after use. It is so annoying. I’ve moved everything out of the bottom drawer but no improvement - just a constant rattle until the oven is cool - poor design. I would never buy this again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

This is not a KitchenAid product, but just have to add my two cents here. My GE stove is just 8 months old and has a cracked glass top already. The service man could not figure out why, it is a hairline crack and is not really noticeable, yet.... nothing was dropped on it nor was anything dragged across it to scratch it. So GE blamed it on the copper bottom pans I was using on it. The top is horrible, it will not clean up at all, used the cleaner that came with it, a razor blade, still looks like **. GE is going to replace the top under warranty, but I would never, ever, buy one of these types of stoves again, they are horrible...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I have had my range for three months and I have spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the stovetop. I have owned stainless steel appliances before but for some reason, this stovetop shows every drop of water and makes stains constantly. It is also scratched up even though it is new and I can't seem to understand why. These scratches are not directly around the burners so it isn't due to wiping off stains. If you like your stainless to look clean, find another manufacturer. My Thermador cooktop was never this hard to keep clean.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased a brand new home in June 2016 that came with KitchenAid appliances, including a touch-activated electronic induction cooktop. It was a little frustrating at first because none of our existing pots and pans would work with the induction cooktop, therefore we had to purchase all new pots and pans. The best part of the system was that everything heated and cooked VERY QUICKLY, however we still had to make sure we had the correct pan size for each of the different sized burners.

And then the fun started. Two months after moving into our home and using the cooktop I heard a nice "POP" noise while I was using the cooktop (actually my wife was using the cooktop, who am I trying to kid). I received the all-now very familiar F47 error, which didn't go away after resetting the breaker, and ultimately requires an entirely new, complete circuit board (of $300 - $500 value). Long story short, since August 2016 I have heard now four more "POP"s with the most recent occurring yesterday. So I have received new circuit boards in August 2016, February 2017, June 2017, August 2017 and now they will likely want to give me another one by December 2017. I have requested an exchange in June and August and was denied both times since "it can be fixed". I've made a request for another exchange today, and I'll be happy to update everyone as soon as I get a response.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Bought a new home - KitchenAid appliances were an upgrade ($12000 plus). Ha ha. Worst (electric) double ovens and gas (propane conversion) cooktop ever - after 5 new homes and 47 years of appliances. The electric ovens are a joke - cannot hold a temp, even with oven door closed! The cooktop - indescribably inferior to everything we've owned - including a 'Caloric,' now defunct, and a (condo) Magic Chef - no joke, either.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

We replaced our kitchen in November of 2017 with stainless steel KitchenAid appliances. The cooktop is the worst ever. Difficult to clean, scratches easily, crazy electric elements overheat and burn food even when on low. You can't regulate the temperature at all on the left front burner. The metal on the top and bottom of the cooktop is so cheap and so sharp that I have nicked my hand numerous times when cleaning. Just horrible and a waste of money. It looks like a war zone even though I clean it after each use (takes a good 15 minutes with the cleaning paste and pads designated for the cooktop). So time-consuming. Seriously, I have another cooktop in my pantry area and I use this when I cook anything than boiling. Just horrible.

KitchenAid Cooktops Company Information