It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

800 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We wanted to be free of all the stuff that's normally in city water. Aeon was our local provider and they recommended Kinetico. The water test was good and it's a good selling point for folks that are not sure. We purchased the RO water filter and the water softener, and they're good products. We've had them come out to service, change filters, and look over the system, and we've had no issues.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We renovated our home and we wanted to have a hot water on-demand system as opposed to a water tank that was heated through propane or natural gas. We had lots of iron in the water, however, and the plumber who installed the hot water on-demand system said that if we don’t have soft water, the system is going to calcify or get material build-up in it and it’s gonna make it difficult for our system to function. So we looked at putting in a soft water system.

The service provider was a big advocate for Kinetico, and I looked online at the company's material production, their representations, and their marketing. I also got a second opinion from the plumber and the retailer. We worked with the retailer in the past when they provided water filter systems for the hard water system we have. They were responsive and reasonable, and I found them to continue to be that way. They came out on site and they eventually came back to install the system. It’s still a relatively new system but we have been satisfied with our decision to go with Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We live in a rural area where we have well water. It’s relatively hard water because where it comes from, it’s not treated at all. We have the water softener from Kinetico as well as their drinking water purification system, which my wife wanted. Their customer service was very good and their installer was very timely. Anytime we needed anything done and we asked for service, they provided it very quickly. They’ve come and checked the system, such as when it didn’t seem to be softening the water as well as it should. I called them, they came out, checked it, and fixed it. They’ve supported the warranty 100%.

So far, from a softener standpoint, Kinetico makes it easier to wash clothes and the clothes seem to come out cleaner. And during showers, it’s easier to make the soap lather. Other than that, with the filtration system, the water has no sediment in it and my wife notices it when she makes tea. The tea does not get cloudy. All in all, I've had an excellent experience with Kinetico and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We have an on-demand water heater with very hard water, so every week I would have to pull the shower heads out and clean them all out because it had a handful of calcium. Darryl from Kinetico came in, did a water test and showed me the differences. I was sold right there on the spot, but it took me a couple of days to overthink it. Then I called Kinetico up and it was one of the best purchases I ever did. It saved my sanity. I also got the three-filter system under the sink from them. And now, I go months, and when I take out the shower heads, there might be a little speck and that’s it.

Kinetico response

Hi Milt,

Great news on the results of the treated water. Thanks for sharing how your Kinetico products have impacted your life.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I didn't like the water quality in our area. I've always dealt with Kinetico through my workplace so I looked into getting their softening system. I found my contact in my region and I called them to set up an appointment. They gave me a free water test then they recommended the different cartridges that went in our RO system. The rep who came out was great to work with and with her, it wasn’t all business. She was kind of free-spirited and easygoing about the whole system. She pointed us in things that she would recommend and she was above and beyond. .

The installers from Aon Water were great as well but I still got ongoing issues with the water system. I've had a couple of water leaks and the system's not working the way it should. I called them about it and they've been responsive but the guys that came out hadn't been able to fix the issue. So, I took it up on myself to research it, contact the service guys at Kinetico, and dissect it myself. So it's on my radar to call Aon Water today to get them to come back out and see if we can fix everything. Other than that, I have no issue with Kinetico. We use them all the time in our workforce, so I'm sure this is an isolated incident and that it's gonna be resolved.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Kinetico is great. They responded in a timely manner, and their products and prices are good. We had the risk of infection from the well water and had gotten a water purifier. Now, the water tastes better and there's less calcium in it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I called a local plumber who does water softeners and he said that he could come and put one in for me. He said he likes Kinetico so much. In fact, he had the local Kinetico dealer install one for him, so he gave me the number and I called them. The Kinetico rep who came out was super knowledgeable, on time, nice and was really easy to work with. He installed the system and everything was great. We weren’t getting filtered good and since the system was installed, everything has been great.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

When we moved into our house. We had a well and it had brown stains around the house. So, we knew that we probably were gonna not have the best of water. The house had an old system in it. So, we just contacted Kinetico to see if there was one in the nearest town and went from there. We have an RO system, a water system, and we also have a system that takes out iron from the water. Setting up an appointment with Kinetico to get somebody out here was good. We had recently interacted with Brian, a Kinetico rep. He comes out when needed, and he’s tested our water several times when we’ve had problems.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I liked the people that own Kinetico Water Systems and started with them. I knew all the guys in the tech service department and I've known a lot of the secretaries for many times or a long time. Superb people that treat me nice. I could call them and bang, we figure it out. They are good people. They're a good company. Kinetico is different than most water conditioners on the market today. They have what they call a duplex system and they were the first to come out with it. That's a two-tank system, and it always has soft water 24/7. Kinetico has made a lot of things in the way that it works that make it real efficient. They use less salt and they have a 10-year pro-warranty. We wound up in Alaska and our system is already 40 years old and still works. We got a lot of good reports back from people who have Kinetico. Kinetico is the best water to kin as your brand on the market today.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Since the regular drinking water was not clean, I ordered the K5 Drinking Water Station from Kinetico. One of my friends was working as a sales rep for Kinetico so I knew about it. The installers did a really good job. Now, the water has been drinkable.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was in a mall and Kinetico had a kiosk. I didn’t like the way my water tasted so I looked into water treatment systems. The sales agent was great. He followed me from one state to the other and was really good. He called me even after he stopped working for Kinetico. I had a good experience with the installers as well. I've had Kinetico in three different states, and they were all very good. I had one system that was faulty and they stuck with it until it was fixed. It took several hours and two trips, and they were really nice and they stuck with the whole process. After the installation of the system, the water has no taste and no smell.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We live in a town next to the Missouri River and the water around here is really hard, with lots of calcium deposits and junk in it. We had worked with Air and Water Solutions in Columbia, Missouri and it was those guys who really made the sale of the Kinetico system something that I was comfortable with. When the Air and Water Solutions representative came out, he did the free water test. He talked to us about our usage, if the system was gonna be able to handle it and how best to serve our capacity. He knew it really well so it was really great from start to finish and it has been great since. We got the commercial water softener system for our restaurant and it's a good product.

We have a lot of equipment, like espresso machines, that run water through all day long. So it's really important to us to make sure we have a system that is working consistently and providing a soft water experience throughout. The Kinetico system, at least, has and we've always been really impressed with it. We also called the Air and Water Solutions representative on a couple of occasions for maintenance issues or questions with the system and to make sure that everything was still running pretty effectively and properly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We needed a water softener. Our water was clogging up everything around and there was so much chaos. The Kinetico rep I spoke with was awesome. He explained everything and showed us demonstrations. He was just a real delight and easy to work with. The main reason I went with Kinetico is they’re local. The other ones will be about 40 minutes away. One of my family members has a different name brand, and their system isn’t quite as sophisticated as mine. The installation team that came out to set up the system have done it great. They were quick and efficient, and in and out in a few hours.

The Kinetico system has been of excellent quality. My clothes are cleaner and my water is better. Like in the washing machine, our clothes will come and they’d be a little stiff. If I buy a brand new shirt that’s super soft, and throw them in the washing, it wasn’t the same. Now, since we put the softener and stuff in, everything is nice and soft. and our dishes get cleaned without the calcium.

Kinetico response

Hi Philip,

We're glad to read you are enjoying your soft water. Thanks for sharing your experience

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

There were hardness and iron bacteria in our water. I did a fair amount of research on different types of water treatment systems. We went with Kinetico. Our cabin is off the grid, so we preferred to have something that didn’t use electricity. Plus, there were lots of good reviews on the web that were independent of Kinetico. Also, we were quite impressed with the local distributor in Galesville. They were great people to work with.

Dustin came up and tested our water. He knew what he was doing. It was tough but he was able to come up with a good system, and everything was great. We got two tanks for a softener, two tanks to reduce iron bacteria, and a filter for sulfur odor. We had Dustin put those in. We also had him come up and show us how to take the system offline and drain the tanks because we’re not there in the winter. And even though the room is heated, we don’t wanna take a chance on the heater going out and the room freezing, and the water in the tanks freezing. He showed us step-by-step how to drain the tanks and all that, and then showed us how to put it back together, and did that several times until we could do it ourselves. The water was undrinkable before and it's good now. We're happy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We live in an area that needs water filtration because of iron and we had a Culligan system at the time. Last year, we called Kinetico up to come over. Their rep explained things to us and that their system doesn’t use electricity. He knew what he was doing. He understood what we were wanting and he explained everything clearly and fully. We went with the reverse osmosis system for our drinking water and they did a wonderful job of installing it. They cleaned up after themselves and they took the Culligan stuff that we had here back to them which was also nice. Now, I don’t ever worry about our water and I don’t have to worry about somebody showing up to give me salt. We just go buy the salt because the gentleman that came to represent the system had told us where and what. We’ve been very happy with Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We're on a well and we've got hard water. A buddy of mine bought Kinetico and he was really impressed with it. He also said they're the best on the market. I went over to a local dealer here in town and purchased it. We did the whole house and everything went great. I had my plumber hook it up while he dealt with our plumbing, and it was a piece of cake.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We had Kinetico when we were down in Arizona, and when we moved up to Montana, we put a Sears water softener in and had really big problems with hardness. We wanted really good drinking water, and we wanted a water system that would create enough water for us to drink. There is no doubt that Kinetico is absolutely the most expensive on the market, but having had the advantage of having rented a Kinetico down in Arizona, we saved our pennies and that's what we got.

We bought the heavy-duty water softener and the big reverse osmosis system. The tech and his son did a fine job on the installation, but it wasn't quite the professional installation team I had expected. The system is working fine, but when you're paying that much money for a system, you don't want dad to be teaching his son how to do it. Also, they could be a little bit more willing to come out afterwards and test, and make sure that everything is in line. But by the same token, he put in extra water filters so that we could gauge the water coming across before it ever hit the Kinetico system. This system works, and I know because I take showers every other day. Since we've had it put in, we've not had to put another bag of salt. With the old Sears, in a month's time we would have to put four or five bags of salt in. This one just goes and goes.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our experience with Kinetico has all been positive. They had a show at the trade center and we talked with their rep. We also talked with a bunch of others and decided we wanted to go with him. When we saw how much how much money it was gonna take, we got that money together and gave them a call. The rep came to the house, and after a month, he sent another representative back and re-tested the water. He asked if we had any problems and bought us a bag of salt. Our water is great since having the system.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We bought their system and it has been unreliable since it was installed. About every 6 months we start getting hard water. The Brighton MI dealer comes out, replaced meters, brine tank pump, etc since installed. Each time out the service person scratches his head, says he doesn’t understand what’s wrong and that he hopes that what he has done fixes the problem. Last time out they insinuated that they were going to charge us for service calls. Now approximately 6 months has gone by and we have hard water again. Help or give us our money back.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We had really hard water that was staining everything orange with iron and also was not very drinkable. I did some online shopping and then we spoke to the Kinetico salesman. He was very helpful. He also found another little leak and fixed it for us, and that was good. The installer who came out seemed very efficient and experienced. Now, the orange staining went away and the water works better in the washer-dryer. We had an RO system put in as well and that works better for the drinking water.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We're on well water so we've got a lot of mineral, and we also have some clay in it. We wanted to filter out the color, the mineral and the small impediments. We had been at Kinetico and had our water tested a couple of times, and they were very professional and knowledgeable when we went in to discuss it. I got the whole house filter and the salt unit, which the installers installed while we were gone. It cleared our water up and it's really nice.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I knew our area had hard water, and it was a concern because our clothes are thrown in and they come out having a smell to them, and they just couldn't get cleaned. We also started noticing a lot of white residue in the shower and other areas where the water was constantly in contact with the surface, and it was gross living in that condition. Plus our one year old was still on the bottle so we were buying filtered water for her 'cause we didn't want her to drink that nasty water. We decided that we would try and see if there was something we could afford to do. I was looking into several different water companies, and I only had two come over and do demos. The first one came over and did the demonstration, but they were a lot more expensive than Kinetico. I also looked at ConsumerAffairs online and tried to compare the different systems, and Kinetico was a lot better on it.

We got the water softening system for the house and a drink filtration system with the nozzle installed in the kitchen. The guy that does the installation and the service of the equipment came over and didn't take too long, and then they set everything up pretty quickly. He had a lot of experience and he knew what he was doing, so we were happy with that. Everything that Kinetico told us to expect was there, and they answered all our questions.

In taking showers, we've noticed that the water is different now. It also has a different taste to it. The system hardly requires any kind of salt. The other competitor swore to me that all their competitors in the area were gonna cost me a lot of money and salt, and we noticed that was not true. Even with the drinking system, Kinetico told us to keep an eye on it. We got a little gauge in there to let me know when the filters need to be changed, which we would have to pay for or we could do it ourselves. But we still have plenty of room before those filters need to be changed. It seems like it's not taking that much out of the filter to do it. So it's neat that we're saving more money than we thought we would.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I've had Kinetico water softeners myself twice before and I like it a lot better than the old type. I had the other kind that used electricity and what I like about Kinetico is that it doesn't use any electricity. It's self-contained. We have a lot of power outages here and it doesn't affect my water softener at all. The other system wasn't keeping the water as clear as it should be too. I would test the water, and it had several grains of hardness. Now with Kinetico the water has zero grains of hardness if you keep the salt up on it.

The people who sold me the system came right out and put in the system. They also take care of things and I trust them. It's been years that I've had Kinetico and I'm much more happy with it. I've never heard of a better water softener system that I would think about going to. This is my third Kinetico. I'm retired now, so I'm living in an apartment at my daughter-in-law's house and at my first move in here, I bought her one.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We have hard water where we live and I went online to figure out what kind of water softening system would be best for us and I went with Kinetico. I liked the fact that the water isn’t sitting in the salt all the time and that Kinetico processes the water as needed. That’s something that Kinetico has over the other brands. Their rep, Dusty, was very nice and he worked very well with my husband who is extremely picky. The installation was done in one day and since having Kinetico, it takes less detergent for the different things that I clean and I don’t have to clean as often. We’re very happy with the system and I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I was building my home, the general contractor and the adviser that I had in the project recommended Kinetico water softener and filtration system unit. Kinetico's sales consultant did a good job. I met with him for 15 minutes then we went over the installation and went over where they felt the unit should go and how it operated. Then the dealings I had with their installation team were flawless. The filtration system softens water so everything's working out okay.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We had gotten a soft water system from Kinetico to purify the water and lessen the calcium. With it, the water is softer and doesn’t gunk up the appliances. I also don’t have the big rocks trapped in the screen through the faucet. Their rep was wonderful and very good. She supervised the whole thing. She was on site and a crew worked for her. I was very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We wanted clean water and bought the standard home water system from Kinetico. With it, the water tastes better. I’ve been happy with the product and the company. They seem to do a good job.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Our chlorine levels in our city-provided water were higher than what one would find in a swimming pool, high enough that you could smell it, in addition to very hard water. The Kinetico rep was knowledgeable, professional and answered my millions of questions. I purchased a water softener, a primary filter, a reverse osmosis system and a system that takes the chlorine out of the water. The installers were timely and they did a fine job. Now the water is softer, I can't detect chlorine when I take a shower and the water from the reverse osmosis is very tasty.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had a water softener before that went out and my neighbor told us that Kinetico has good water softeners. Their reps were very friendly and they were able to come out, talk us and test our water although we live way out in the country. Everything went fine during their visit. While there is no difference in our water since we have had a water softener in the house all along, our water tastes good now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We purchased the Kinetico softener in 2008. We were told it would last up to 20 Years. This week I noticed the system flushing and it would not stop. I called for service and a very helpful tech checked and our bypass valve has failed and the meter valve as well. As it is out of warranty this is very costly and is getting the repair cost up to where we are likely going to replace the system as a valve rebuild is only guaranteed for one year and I guess to replace the meter valve is not an option for my system as it is not offered. I was impressed during the 10 years of performance but both valves breaking down and ridiculous cost are pushing us away from Kinetico.

Kinetico Company Information