4.5/5 (285 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: March 2, 2022

The rep knew the products and he did a good job presenting them. With the reverse osmosis system, the water is clear and has no taste. It's reassuring to know that the water we're drinking and cooking with is clean.

Original review: March 2, 2022

We love Kinetico. The sales guy was amazing. Absolutely the best demonstration I ever saw. We were sold, we got it. We're perfectly happy. We have no more grime all over our shower doors. It's perfect. The water's softer. It's also pleasant to take a shower. They're also totally reliable. We need the salt re-delivered, they come and do it. It's very easy to get ahold of them and have them come over.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Everything was smooth when I purchased Kinetico. The installation was terrific. It seemed to be a very knowledgeable plumber that was able to get the job done. It seemed to go very well. I have noticed a difference in the water. When people come to my house, they no longer say, “What's that bad smell?” Inside my toilet tank, it no longer looks like a science project growing in it. I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: March 1, 2022

With a whole house water system, Kinetico came out, did the presentation, and told me how much it would be. I went with them because it doesn't work off electricity. When I got a shower, it was softer.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I like Kinetico. It's my second system. I had it at my old house, got it here. If I move into another house, I'd get another one. The water tastes better when the filters are fresh.

Original review: March 1, 2022

We love the soft water with the Kinetico system. We got accustomed to that. I'm a heating and air conditioning contractor and an electrician so the quality of the machine means something to me. I live in Eastern North Carolina and the prettier the lot is, the closer to the flood elevation you are. So, water softeners that use electricity can't be in the flood elevation, but a Kinetico can because there's no electricity there. We love it. We have the reverse osmosis system in our house as well for our ice and drinking water and we're very pleased with that.

Also, their customer service has been good. Everything I've ever needed, they've taken care of. They have exceeded my expectations of how fast they can get to us.

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Stay dry!

800.944.9283

customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

My decision to purchase Kinetico was based on energy consumption. It doesn't use electricity. It runs off your demand. So the more you use, the more it will regenerate. The less you use, the less it regenerates. I don’t have to worry about power outages, resetting times. Customer service has been good. The sales rep came out and checked the water and confirmed what we needed. Also confirmed what the hardness reading was so that they could do the setup on the system to make sure that it didn't consume more salt than it needed. The installation was easy. They set up an appointment with the installer within a couple of days.

It's been a good water system. I had some problems at first. The system wasn’t operating properly. I found out that the unit that would be installed was a discontinued model because they had problems with it. Once I went to the district manager, all that got resolved, and I got a new unit to replace the old one at no cost. Overall, I'm happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I like Kinetico. When I felt that the tank under the house wasn't big enough, they came back and fixed it. When I felt that there was a little bit of iron coming into the thing, they came back again and switched the system around at no charge. They've been a good company. With the system, my toilets are clean and at the back of the toilet where the water is being pumped into, there's no rust. I don't have to wipe it out every three days like I had to do before. And as long as I change my filters, which I do every four days to keep a clean filter in there, I don't have a problem with it. The water has been coming out clear. Plus, I bought a little water tester, and it always stays up into the 90s. It goes to 100 and I've never been under 96.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

We like our Kinetico system. It's easy to operate and low maintenance. Other than changing the filter or putting salt in it, there's nothing you have to do. We’re on city water so it’s not that bad but the system cleans it up some.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I’m happy with Kinetico right now. It keeps my shower door from getting all clouded up with some minerals. The drinking water is perfect. We make coffee and tea with it. It’s absolutely perfect and trouble-free. I don’t do anything.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

We got a water softener when Kinetico first came out. Then, we also got a reverse osmosis system. We now have the K5 reverse osmosis system, which is the newer one. The water softener is great because we don't have all the little gunk that collects from hard water around your faucets and on all of your appliances that use water. And with the reverse osmosis system, our drinking water tastes a lot better. I wouldn't want to drink water from the faucet anymore now that we have it. There's a lot of people in my neighborhood who do not have Kinetico and they're always complaining on social media about brown water. But Kinetico has got a great filter system out there and we don't have brown water. Only one time did we have brown water and that was because it was time for them to change the filters. After Kinetico came and changed them, it was clear again.

Hi Donna,

Great news! We are glad you are enjoying your water and products!

800.944.9283

customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

We had a pretty good experience working with them. Everything went well during the installation.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Cost-wise, the Kinetico system is expensive but I’m okay with the outcome. We have a main water system and we also have a K5. When it's low on salt, I notice the difference. I replace the filters and add salt to maintain the system. When we had a problem with the K5 leaking, Kinetico replaced it but it took several trips out.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

The installation was pretty quick. We definitely have cleaner water. I recommend Kinetico. Their system is better than what their competitors offer. And it’s also significantly cheaper.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I enjoy Kinetico for my laundry and bath but you have to watch the salt and having all that correct because, over the summer last year, I was drinking a ton of water from our under-the-counter water filter here at the sink and my mouth broke out. I don't know if it was the pH or something was off. So, we called Kinetico and had them come and change it. The people who installed the water filter came and put a new one in, but the pressure has been messed up since then and I've got to call them back about that. But other than that, it's wonderful. The installers were good and knew everything about all of it and told me what to do. The guy said it may need some readjusting but I haven't called him back to get him back out here for the pressure part. Because if the pressure part could work out, then we'd be cooking.

Thank God we have the water filter for our bathtub. My children take baths every night and we were taking baths in orange water when we first moved in. So, that has gotten better. But I wish that the under-the-counter water filter was better so I could drink it and feel comfortable drinking it. Since then, I haven't been drinking out of it. I drink bottled water.

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for the review. Please feel free to contact Kinetico Customer Support at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com if you need assistance communicating with your area service provider.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The rep was very friendly. We went with the osmosis system and the one that does the whole house. The Kinetico has taken the rust out of our water and the osmosis system has made it where we could drink it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I'm happy with the Kinetico system. It's lived up to what I expected from it. It hasn't been extremely expensive. There's a carbon tank that I've had replaced three times. To change out the tank is 200 bucks. We've had the system for five years and it's cost 600 bucks in maintenance which is not a lot in the big picture. Customer service has been great. Whoever I've called has been very responsive. I recommend the Kinetico.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The system is good and quiet. Unless you're next to it, you don't hear the water run. It's not a cheap unit. But it's an investment. There are many other cheaper units out there made by some of their competitors but Kinetico has been good to me. I could go to the place and get the filters, and I can go to Home Depot or Lowe's or the hardware to get my salt. So everything just tied into where I live and made it convenient. The only inconvenient thing is the price, but it's all paid for now.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

We have had your under the sink unit for some time. May 2021 replaced filters, paid $135 for them. Sept 2021 no pressure so called to get someone out to look at unit, the tech said bad filters and replaced. Now feb 2022 no pressure again. My mom went to buy filters and they told her they were $150 (She is deaf, so did not hear fully) so when she got them home, I took receipt out of bag and it showed $217. So I called and they stated the filters are now $199 (WHICH IS **, I understand a 10% but almost a 50% that is ROBBERY). So I told her to take them back. She is on a LIMITED income. They stated NO refunds. The filters were NOT opened. NOWHERE IN THE office does it say NO REFUNDS! NOWHERE on receipt does it say NO REFUNDS. Even a grocery store will allow you to return groceries.

Hi Aaron,

Our records show that we have discussed this matter with you. We are sorry you remain dissatisfied.

Please feel free to add additional information to your documentation at customersupport@kinetico.com.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

The Kinetico system failed, and there was a leak. There was water that flooded the kitchen floor. Then it went through the ceiling and damaged the ceiling, the rug as well as a piece of furniture. Eventually, Kinetico paid for the repairs, but it took quite a bit of time to get somebody to tear out the ceiling and then dry everything out, to rip the carpeting out. The whole floor was carpeted. They took quite a while to take care of it. But eventually, it all was replaced and Kinetico replaced the equipment.

Hi Donald,

We are sorry for this experience. We are glad it was taken care of. We wish you many good years of great water to assist in regaining your confidence to our brand.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

We had very hard water and it was killing our appliances and pipes. We have a water softener and we have a drinking water system from Kinetico. This is our second Kinetico softener. The person that installed this one was great. I had no doubts that he knew what he was doing, and he didn't pressure us for anything. He just gave us information, let us make our decisions, worked with the situation we had to work with, and did it well. Kinetico is everything we could have asked for. Our water doesn't feel slippery like you still didn't get the soap off. Everything is easier. Some water softeners feel so slick that you don't know if you ever got the soap out. Kinetico is not like that. Everything feels good.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Having glued in numerous places that were known for major water problems, the number one thing when I moved into this house was to get a whole house water filtration system. After interviewing any of the companies that sold this equipment in my area and could install it in a reasonable amount of time, Kinetico came out number one. The person who was selling the system for Kinetico was an excellent salesman. He came to the house right away. He brought me a taste of a filtered water, and it was delicious. But after that, I had a lot of problems getting whoever was the local guy that was installing to show up and do what they were supposed to do. I had to make a lot of phone calls to finally get to the guy who owned the franchise.

I love the taste of the water with the Kinetico system. My refrigerator keeps yelling at me that I need to switch the filter, but I don't need to switch the filter because the water that's coming in is already filtered by Kinetico. I don't have to be suckered into buying a $65 filter from GE, which I like. I would wholeheartedly tell anybody to buy this system. It is efficient and effective. The water tastes great and it turns out to be the cheapest.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Since having Kinetico, I've noticed a difference in my hair. It was dull and didn't feel clean when we had hard water. Then we've also noticed that there were fewer buildups on grime on our faucet. We had to replace some of those quickly because there was so much rust and calcification on it. The only thing that we ran into was after the people came and installed the drain for it, they had to come back because it was leaking. But when my husband called them, they were phenomenal. A manager even came out and looked at everything and said that it was done improperly and they fixed it right away. We were definitely very pleased and we've recommended several people in our neighborhood.

Kinetico response

Thanks for this note Leia. Here's wishing you many years of great water.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Kinetico does everything. To maintain the system, I just call them and they come fix it. They come and bill when it's time for it. They’ve been great.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

In hindsight, the sales rep was a liar. But other than that, he was very good. He promised a bunch of things that come to find out, weren't true, like no interest for five years. I called Kinetico and they said that the rep had been fired and that was something that they could not honor or that he shouldn't have promised. In the meantime, the company who the financial part is through was calling me. So I was going back and forth. I didn't make payment and they reported it to my credit company. My credit score has since dropped 80 points, even though I am current which is horrible. But the installation was great and the water quality is good. We love the filtration part for the drinking water. Also, my hair and skin seem to be better. My son's eczema has also significantly improved.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

The cartridges don't last as long as I wish they would. So regular upkeep is more than what I anticipated.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

We've had some renovations done to our master bathroom. Our city's municipal water system has a lot of scale and a lot of residue. Over time, it really tarnishes all our fixtures. It's not the best water in the world. We've thought about getting a water system that would purify or soften the water to help minimize any tarnish on our new shower and new bathroom. We talked to one of the reps of Kinetico and he fixed us up with a quote. Came out to our house and saw what we had, tested the water.

Our Kinetico works great. We're very happy with it. We noticed obvious differences. But we knew that that was going to be the case because we've had better water before in our other residence. We knew what to expect and we've been very satisfied. The system is working fine. It doesn't use much salt. I haven't had to refill it but twice since we've owned it. I just think sometimes maybe the salt’s not dropping down into the tank like it should that it's almost bridging.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I have two systems through Kinetico and I'm pleased with my product in both of my beach houses. My water is not leaving marks on my toilets or bathtubs or showers, and we have great drinking water. Kinetico is a great company. They maintain our salt. I trust them and I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking at water systems here in our area.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

We had some issues with our brand new well water and so we were looking for a system to help soften it up and do whatever it does. Once we made the decision to go with Kinetico, the installation was pretty fast. The crew came out and got everything taken care of. Then every year they take a sample and test it to make sure everything is still good. The last one that they did was fine.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We've been very satisfied with Kinetico. It’s good and it works for us.

Kinetico Company Information