It's that easy Request Information
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

905 Kinetico Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 3, 2019

The water in the city made me look into water softener systems. I wanted to get better water. My experience setting up an appointment with Kinetico was fine. They came when we called, fixed the issue, and asked if there was anything more they could do. Everything went well with my interactions with the installation team. The water has been much better and not as hard since. Plus, my bath has been more bubbly. I would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: May 2, 2019

We got Kinetico's water softener since we had really bad water, and at the time, I had young kids. We got it installed in one day and just had minor repairs through the years. And about three years ago, I purchased a new one. It's a little pricey, but the product works fine.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Due to the hard water in our town, we need a water system, and we opted for a water softener from Kinetico. They were easy to work with and the installation went fine.

Original review: April 30, 2019

A Kinetico system was already here in the house when we bought it. We've been here for 15 years now and even when we moved in, the system is already antiquated. Our water comes straight from the well and it has a certain amount of mineral content in it so it would not be as tasteful. Since I already knew the people who have been servicing it from the time we've been here, we just decided to replace the system. I also did a bit of research and it seemed like it's better if we stay with Kinetico. It took them a couple of hours to replace the system. Other than that, the customer service is fine.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I couldn't get a unit from Culligan that is big enough to take care of the rust and hardness of my water. I was tired of everything turning red. I've heard that Kinetico is the best in the market. Ray, the guy I worked with took out the old unit and put in the new one. He also showed how to shut the thing off. And while it took a while for me to get with the program, I eventually got it. Since I had the Kinetico system installed, it got rid of the stink and the rust. Everything's taken cared of well. And although I'm very satisfied with my Kinetico unit, they should give their clients an incentive to push their product. They should also advertise more.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing about our customers experiences and suggestions. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help.

You may contact us via phone or email.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: April 29, 2019

I knew that the softer water would be better to do laundry and not leave hard water around my sinks. I felt like the dishes would be cleaner, and that there would be less junk in water, including our drinking water. I did some research on Kinetico and Culligan, but I didn’t get a callback from Culligan, so that was a big deal there. I purchased a Kinetico water filtration system, and my experience has been wonderful. Everything was positive with everybody that I had worked with. I’m totally thrilled with the hook-up of it all and the professionalism when they were here. I’m satisfied. Since purchasing from Kinetico my dishes have looked shinier, clothes and towels have seemed to be softer, and my hair have felt so much better.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I was interested in having the best water possible and got a water softener from Kinetico. I wasn't interested in the free water test as I was interested in having the product installed, but they insisted on showing me how it works and what the difference is. However, in my previous house, I had a water conditioner with a standard time that it needs to drain, and the water there was a lot softer. Kinetico doesn't seem up to par with that previous system, but I didn't want to replumb the ground and have electricity put in. I'm a little disappointed, and it turns out to be the best thing I could have. I originally had a potassium filtration system, but I was going through that stuff so fast and it was so expensive that I had them convert it to salt. The water seems to be a little softer, but not as soft as I like it. But that's the price you gotta pay for not plumbing.

Original review: April 28, 2019

We talked to another company, and we weren't happy with what they were offering. The Kinetico rep, on the other hand, was very prompt in handling our original request, and their prices were a little cheaper. He came out and tested water. I had some concerns because somehow the heating oil got into all three wells and contaminated all of them, so we paid decently for a water system. But for every faucet that we wanted to have purified water, it would cost additional money, so we just went with the kitchen. The other waters we can bathe but we can only drink out of one faucet, which is in the kitchen. But that is fine.

Kinetico made sure that they were able to get the system installed quite rapidly. The gentleman that installed the system and did the manual labor was topnotch. But right after we had the system installed, we were disappointed because we started getting the sulfur smell. We were not apprised of the fact that the system that we put in would not handle both purification and the sulfur. Had they told us that at the onset, we would have seen what kind of deal we worked out to get to both systems.

This is my dad's home, but at 88 we can't leave him by himself. We spend a lot of time in New York, but we were here eight months last year dealing with this fuel spill. We just got back into town last Friday, and now, I'm starting to deal with the eggy smell. I put baking soda and vinegar down each of the sinks because the sulfur smell or the egg smell is bad. My dad, meanwhile, wants to install something to take care of the smell. It's embarrassing because we had someone come in to lay carpet yesterday and we had to open up all of the doors in the basement because it smells so horrible. Now, we're looking at spending another $3,500 this year to have a sulfur system put in.

The filter works and it's purifying something because it was filthy when we changed it. But a few days after we changed it, it was filthy again, so we know that it is trapping some of whatever's coming through the water system. But we've had the Kinetico system for a year now, and overall, we're pleased with it. We see that there is purification of the water and it's an easy, working system. We also know how to do what we have to do to change the filters.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We had really hard water and it was bad. We heard about Kinetico through a friend who has the system. We also have a friend who's a plumber and he highly recommended a saltwater system. I went with Kinetico and setting up for my appointment with them was a good experience. The installation thereafter was perfect. Now, I've got Kinetico's saltwater tank downstairs with the two barrels and we also have their reverse osmosis system. Now, our water is softer and it's definitely of better quality. I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We used to have a Kenmore softener which worked fine but I was aware of Kinetico. I work in a chemical plant and one of the units there have soft water for one of the chemicals made. We have rows of Kinetico there and I knew how much better quality they are. Kenmore was five times cheaper. But although Kinetico was priced as hell they're way better quality than Kenmore and others I've seen, so they should be higher.

A guy from Starkey Water Softening came to install my water softener and did a good job. He had all the stuff and was able to do it not even a day. We have had Kinetico for a long time and it is perfect. When I first tried soft water it was slimy to me but then I realized that I could use less soap. I got used to it and it was not really slimy and I’m just not all dried out. I like soft water and now I cannot stand the feeling of hard water when I go to my son’s house to shower.

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words about Kinetico. We love to hear stories from our customers so we can constantly be improving ourselves. If there is ever anything we can do for you please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Sincerely,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: April 25, 2019

I built a new house and I wanted to deal with the sediment and the hard water right up front before it started to mess up fixtures and damage appliances. I already started to have a bit of issue with the ice maker I have because of the hard water. I got a water filtration system from Kinetico as I was more comfortable with their system than some of the other filtration systems. I also had heard about the vendor as being one of the better vendors and having one of the better systems in the area from one of the consultants I worked with for my house. The installation took one day. I definitely don’t have some of the sediment issues anymore and I am happy with the system so far.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My parents have always had RO water, so when we got into our new house, we wanted some good RO water here since we’re gonna be here a long time. But I didn’t wanna do it myself so we looked for the best thing that we had in town, and it was Kinetico. The rep that we dealt with was great and she was very sweet and kind. And since they came and put in the system, there has been a difference in the taste of the water.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I lived in Minnesota before I moved to New Orleans and I had a Kinetico osmosis system under the sink there. I moved the osmosis system to my new location and bought a water softener from Kinetico because the water here is hard. We wanted to make sure we had clean water. Everything went as planned when setting up for our appointment with Kinetico. It was perfect. The installation went just like it was supposed to. We also took advantage of the free water testing and it was nice to know that the water was very hard here and what it was afterwards. The interaction I had with the Kinetico representative was very good and the installation team did a good job. He was nice and everything was completed on time. The water is much softer and comfortable now and we are very happy with the system. I recommend Kinetico.

Original review: April 23, 2019

The drinking water was what we were thinking of, and there was a demonstration at the fair where I saw different water softener or filtration systems. It was very easy talking with the Kinetico reps, and then we went into it. They came out and hooked us up. Then a year or two later, I decided I would change the filters, and I contaminated the whole thing. But the Kinetico reps have been very good. I complained, and they listened and then the issue was taken care of. From then on, I had them come and do it.

We have two children for whom we bought the water system. It's just the drinking water and it's what we've had. Since purchasing from Kinetico, there has been a difference in the taste of our water. Our water has rust and everything else, and Kinetico's system did exactly what we wanted. The whole system, however, wore out after 25 or 30 years, and we had to change it. We know when our filters are going bad because we get a bad taste. But Kinetico has been a very easy company to get to. They've sold out and the new owner is doing a very good too. The new system seems to be better than the older one.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have a well and I was having staining in my plumbing fixtures, so I figured I needed to get something, but I wasn’t sure what. I went to the dealer and he came out and tested, and he recommended the particular system for the high iron content in my water. After he recommended Kinetico Water Systems, I did some more research. The reviews were good and it looked like that their system was gonna be fine for what I needed, so I went with. The installer came out and tested the water on a Wednesday, then he arranged to have the system installed on Saturday. It was very quick and very easy. I'm close to Abita and my well taps into the Abita aquifer, so the water was good, but it had a high iron content.

My one concern is I saw a comment about water pressure not being affected and I notice that I have a water pressure problem, but I am not sure if it is my well pump or if it is due to the system. I really can't account for it until I can get some more information about water pumps. I don't know if a stronger or bigger water pump would alleviate the pressure problems. Also, I don't know if the low pressure is caused by the water system because I just moved into the house and I had the water system put in before I moved in, so I really don’t have a frame of reference.

It is a possible side effect. In the information that I read, it said that there should be no water pressure loss, so it tells me they probably addressed it, but, to some degree, I am gonna have lower water pressure because the system has gotta cycle. However, I don't know to the degree that is if it is the system or if it is the capacity of my well pump. Well pumps come in different horsepower and I don’t know what they installed there. Still, after the system was installed, I don’t have the staining anymore and the water quality has been good.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Installed a $5,000 system two weeks ago and is it’s not working. We cannot get a service appointment for 2 weeks. This seems crazy to me that it would take two weeks for a tech to come. Very disappointment that we paid this much for a system that does not seem to work from a company that does not seem interested in fixing the problem.

David,

We are sorry to hear these concerns. We have sent a private email in an effort to understand this situation better and assist with an resolution.

You may contact us directly.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Living in an area where the water tastes bad and isn't really good, I've always wanted to put in a water system. So when I moved into a new house, I got Kinetico and I love it. Installing the system was straightforward and the people were wonderful to work with. When they think I need salt, they call me, and they bring the salt out to the house. They also answer any question. They're on top of everything and making it as easy as possible. Since having the system, the water tastes better. It's not harsh on other things like appliances, too. The Kinetico system is well worth it.

Original review: April 21, 2019

We noticed we had some hard water. We wanted a water softener and heard about Kinetico Water Systems from the vendor. Setting up the appointment was pretty straightforward. We bought the softener and filtration system in one. That the system is powered made us decide to buy it. My interactions with the installers were good. And now, the water is noticeably softer.

Original review: April 21, 2019

We have really hard water where we’re at and happened to see Kinetico Water Systems advertised. Setting up an appointment was simple. We called and talked to the guy that sells them. He set up the appointment, then came out and gave us an estimate and we were satisfied. Our interactions with him were good. He was excellent. He did a test and explained everything. The water’s a lot softer since the Kinetico water softener was installed.

Kinetico response

Thank you for the kind words Roger. We always appreciate hearing about our customer's experiences. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: April 20, 2019

I had a Kinetico water system in my old house when I lived in Nebraska years ago and I liked the idea of their system being non-electric. This time, I got the dual gray tank that has a head on it as well as the dechlorinator. I like soft water, so I decided to use a water softener system, and it would be easier on the appliances too. The installation of the system went very well. I've had soft water since the system was installed. I've used less detergent and my hair feels better when I shampoo it. Overall, the people at Kinetico have been very good.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I bought this house and it was old. We had other kind of filtration for the drinking water. I trusted Kinetico’s dealer, Aaron. He came and looked at it and we decided that the softener was the way to go. He did a fine job. It took a while to get the water soft but it has been working great. I just put salt in it every once in a while.

Original review: April 19, 2019

We purchased our first Kinetico water softener system about 15 years ago. I talked to Dick when he was at the winter show in Valley City. Both my parents had collagens and then my mom also had dry skin, so we needed a water softener. We've got really hard water. I run the water softener through the toilet systems because all of the valves don't get corroded. When the water softener tank was plugged up, we decided to trade it in, which was a good price for it. I then bought five water softeners from the new Kinetico dealer, who took over after Dick.

I’m satisfied with the service we’ve always got from Kinetico. Dick was a good dealer, and the new guy knows what he is doing. I have recommended Kinetico to the people around here. It is expensive to get into it. But once you're into it, you’ll save over the lifetime of the system and the salt you put through it because it doesn't take much salt.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I was concerned with water quality and that led me to research on water softeners and water filtration systems. It seemed lthat Kinetico's products had higher quality and better filtration. I purchased the softener and the drinking water station from them. When we set up our appointment with Kinetico, they were absolutely courteous and easy to work with. The rep was awesome. The installation was easy and Joanna was wonderful. She was on-site with us and walked us through the setup. She gave some really good recommendations because of where the furnace and the drain were placed.

Original review: April 17, 2019

We had a working water softener but when it started acting up on us, we decided to go with Kinetico because I like the way that it goes by usage and not by time. The rep I dealt with was fine. She was very informative but not pushy. We have the water softener for six months now and we have been doing fine. But once in a while, the water has a salty taste to it and I'm not sure why. We've got the dual tank and it never runs out. It automatically switches back and forth, so I'm thinking there's a slight salt flavor to the water when it's switching over. Despite, I'm fully satisfied.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico story with us. We love learning about our customers experiences and suggestions. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to be of assistance.

Feel free to contact us via phone or email.

Thanks again,

Original review: April 17, 2019

We have hard water here, so a water treatment system is necessary. We had a system before, but it had gotten old and parts failed. Marty, the local dealer with Water Guard, checked it out and he said I needed a new one. I purchased a Kinetico water softener system and he took care of the installation. Since he put the new system in, our water has been better and we have no problems with hard water anymore.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The water system we got from Kinetico has a tank and a couple of different dispensing faucets. The water system was already in the house. We just upgraded the older one, because the older wasn’t pumping correctly. We've been with them for five years and since I've had the system, I can tell a difference between the regular tap water and the water from the system.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We have been with Kinetico for many years. We were with them in California and we've been here in SD for seven years. We worked with Julene who runs the Kinetico Water Systems in Sioux Falls for our systems in the two homes that we’ve had here. We’ve got a water softener and the drinking station, which is the best one Kinetico got. The drinking station cost a couple of thousand dollars.

Though we didn’t need a water softener in California, when we moved to South Dakota, the water’s hard. We just wanted good drinking water. So, we naturally went with Kinetico because we've used their reverse osmosis drinking system. For maintenance, we have a prefilter in the one place we have in Brookings. I replace the filter once a year. Also, we replace the filters in our RO system about twice a year. Kinetico has a great system and we have a lot of trust and respect for Julene. She has done a very good job for us, and we’d like to make sure that continues.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I've had the installation team come back to work on the Water Softener Series I got from Kinetico because it wasn’t working. And the problem has been resolved.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The service was wonderful. All our questions were answered about. All appointments were at the time set up and personnel was very friendly and knowledgeable. We also had a follow up and the system was checked. Again, all our questions and doubts were answered. I would highly recommend Martins and buy from them again!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

I live in Wyoming and the water here has different things in it like minerals, uranium and strip mine from the '30s. I've dealt with Kinetico for the last 20 years since they're in our town and my experience with them has been good. Their customer service is outstanding and with their system, I have noticed a lot of difference in the quality of my water.

Kinetico Company Information