4.4/5 (217 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Kinetico's customer service is very nice and they’re right on the ball. They do everything they can for you. I have to drink an awful lot of water because I have kidney problems. So, I love my Kinetico. I wouldn't be without it and I just had a new one put in the garage. I feel safe when I can drink my water. I had the system serviced every year for a long time and the guy who owned Kinetico here in St. George came and told me that I don't use water for cooking and I don't have a house full of people, so I only need to change the filters for the one in the kitchen every two years, which was very good of him because he was honest. He could have said that I need it serviced every year and charge me to do nothing.

I just had the system in the kitchen serviced a couple of months ago. But the one in the garage didn't have to be serviced. It's a brand-new one. The system was quite expensive but that's okay. It doesn't need filters so, I'm set there. But I keep up on servicing everything. If they say a year, I have it done every year. People should get the Kinetico system if they can afford it. It's an investment. When the guy came two years ago, he said the one in the garage was kaput. I told him to put in a new one. I didn't even think about it. It has been here 20 years. It has lasted a long time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I'm happy with Kinetico. Working with their team was good. The installation went smoothly and the system works well. It's efficient. It doesn't use a lot of salt and it does what it's supposed to. So, I like it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Tony, the rep, was a great person to interact with. My regular water smells horrible but I didn't buy a whole system from Kinetico. I just bought an under the sink one. I wouldn't drink any water out of my faucet but my drinking water that comes out of its own little tap is phenomenal.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Dealing with the reps from Kinetico was very good. I purchased the water softener and the water purifier under the sink for drinking water. Since then, the water tastes better especially for the drinking part, and you have soft water on your skin. The upkeep of the system is easy, just adding in the salt. I would recommend Kinetico. It’s a good system.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

The system has been working fine. I just add salt when it needs it. It uses salt as you use water. It doesn't continually soften.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The water is really hard. We were changing fixtures all the time. Everything turns orange. With Kinetico, I like that you don't have to plug in the system. It's metered but mechanically. It's pretty low maintenance. You just add salt and it goes. It takes a lot of water to clean the brine tank. But the system is not doing what it used to do because now I noticed that the orange is starting to come back. The reps were knowledgeable and friendly. Anytime I have an issue, they've tried to help me, but it doesn't seem to work.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

They're all wonderful people. They were here a few months ago working on the system and they changed a valve. Once a year, they change the filter on it. The system is doing fine.

Hi Carolyn,

How very nice of you to say! We'll be certain to share this with the team in Las Vegas. We are certain they will be pleased to know of your review.

Thanks again,

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I'm on rural water now, but I still use Kinetico's filter deal. I got real good results from what I'm using. I get mine at Steven Fargo and I call him when I need filters. I had trouble here last year. Something wasn't working right. It was leaking. So he sent me the part and he never charged me for it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I got an RO system for my house. We do an annual inspection on the water system. We pay an annual fee. And every April, Kinetico comes out and does a water test to make sure everything's working like it's supposed to, repair anything that's broken, and replace filters.

Original review: July 26, 2022

We're happy with Kinetico water softener. I like that it just leverages the kinetic energy of the water pressure, and it works nice. I'm good to go with the water.

Original review: July 24, 2022

I like the Kinetico okay. There were a lot of differences in the water.

Hello Mrs. M,

We are curious why it's ok rather than fantastic?

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: July 23, 2022

Good installation and service.

Great news, Eric!

Don't hesitate to connect with Kinetico Customer Support with any questions or comments at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: July 22, 2022

This is the second house that I've had a Kinetico in. When I first moved here to Fargo, I was getting a water softener. When I had the water softener in my last house, I naturally picked the Kinetico for this house. The same guy installed both of them. It went great. If I got another water softener, it would be a Kinetico. They're reliable. They use less salt.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I have terrible water. It's rusty and hard. Since I got Kinetico, when the water comes out, it's not rusty and hard anymore. I'm happy with the system and I've told other people about it.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I've got a water softener system and an iron removal system from Kinetco. They don't require a lot of maintenance on anybody's part and I like that. There was initially a problem with the iron filter but the engineers looked at the issue, designed a new spring, and fixed it. So, they're very responsive. I built the house in '96 and there's a well. I was concerned about getting 88 parts per million of iron but with my Kinetico system, I have zero parts per million iron right now. So, it works great.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I got the water softener system from Kinetico and things worked great with them.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I got a water softener and an iron remover from Kinetico. I work with them every year. I'm very happy with everything.

Original review: July 2, 2022

We purchased a system, and installation was very easy. They sent a technician to the house and they took care of it all. I like that it's self-powered so you don't have to have electricity to the system, and it softens the water. My wife's skin is very dry, so she has soft water. We got the system that has no downtime to it, because it has two processing tanks. It would swap over whenever the other one is rinsing. It's a great system, and I will always have a Kinetico in whatever houses I own. We've had a system for so long, I don't know what it's like to live without one. We feel cleaner, and our clothes are cleaner coming out of the washer. We don't get any calcium buildup on our showerhead or any of our faucets anymore. Those are the main things.

Original review: June 25, 2022

All has been excellent with Kinetico. We did the water softener with the reverse osmosis and now, I can drink the water without having to buy bottled water. I prefer soft water for bathing, laundering and drinking. I like the convenience of buying the salt and any replacements as well as people answering your questions about filter changes. The customer service has been excellent.

Original review: June 19, 2022

We've had several Kinetico products, and we keep buying them. It’s a good service. The techs show up when they say they would, and they do their testing. It’s great. The last one we purchased was a unit for a 4,000 square-foot home, under air, in Guilford Connecticut. And we have two filtration systems under the sink. There’s one for the house, which is based on a sodium ion exchange. It seemed to make a lot of sense that we didn’t waste a lot of salt, and we didn't have periods of time where we wished we had soft water. And they never break. They just do their job. I love it. It’s a great system and worth every penny. But I wish it wasn't so expensive. We're having another house built in Florida so we talked to somebody down there. That would be a whole house RO system that would cover six different outlets in the house.

Hello Gary and Mrs.,

Thanks for your continued patronage. We appreciate your encouraging message.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: June 18, 2022

Kinetico has been good. We have the reverse osmosis water filtration system installed and they were courteous. It wasn't a huge system this time like some of the ones we put in but it went well.

Original review: June 17, 2022

I liked the people who came and brought the system because they showed us things about it. I had to call one time about something and the reps were so nice about it. I would recommend Kinetico. It makes you feel secure that you're not drinking something that will make you sick.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I got a black, dual-tank water softener from Kinetico. I also had the three cartridge RO unit. I can get my wife to drink water now since having the system, which is important. The water’s much softer. It's easier to wash our hair. The dishes come out cleaner. There's no water staining on them. Kinetico is a great water softener. It doesn't require electricity to use. It’s all mechanical. It's very easy to maintain. It's self-cleaning. I definitely recommend it.

Original review: June 6, 2022

After finding out from a local tech that our water softener (gearbox) was defective the entire 2.5 years we had it and was dumping the nasty cleaning water into our drinking system, I contacted Kinetico to express my frustrations. In return I got an explanation that each unit is quality tested before shipment and no apologies/concerns. The only thing they offered was to contact the installer about the problem but that was a useless gesture since it was a factory defect. Zero accountability. This is not how you should treat your customers.

Hi Michael,

We confirmed that your product is 3.5 years old and still covered by the Factory Warranty. However, as discussed with Kinetico's Customer Support team, this Limited Warranty does not cover the dealer's cost of service.

Most Kinetico dealers offer a 1 year service warranty, not all; but most. Had your installing dealer been notified that you were experiencing salt water intrusion from a product malfunction within the 1st year, their cost of service would probably have been covered.

We are very sorry that the name Kinetico has not lived up to your or our expectations. Please feel free to connect with Kinetico's customer support team with any additional questions at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: June 6, 2022

So far, our Kinetico experience has been great. The product works.

Original review: June 5, 2022

I got the Kinetico softener and later, the RO. I love drinking the RO water. The software is taking care of our water concerns. Our water feels different. It's clean, and it stops the rust. I put salt in it and change the filter, and call people out for maintenance. The system is very good. I would recommend others to get it.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Kinetico's initial explanation of what was going on was really helpful. They educated the consumer, which is something we really tried to do in our businesses. The product has done a good job. We do save money on salt because it does not use up salt very quickly, which is good. That's been effective as far as helping us to save on our budget. It's just we live in an older house and I do think that there's some residue and stuff inside of our pipes that keep it from making our water rust-free. It is a little bit frustrating given the price of the system. Our water's much better, but it's not by any means perfect. So, it would have been good if they gave an explanation of what are some of the issues that may not be resolved with the system. That way, there'd be a little bit of a clearer understanding.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Many, many years ago, I had a bad experience with Kinetico and I said I would never use them again. But I wanted to put a reverse osmosis system in my home and I didn't know who else to call. So I went with them because there aren't a lot of businesses to choose from in this community. As the RO system goes, I'm happy with it. I have noticed a positive change with my water.

I did have an issue that I wanted Kinetico to come out and look at it. I'm less than two miles from the Kinetico facility and they have no problem sending somebody out when they want to sell the system to you. But they were going to charge me $100 just to come out and do a water test for me. That did not sit very well with me. It was an $800 system and I've only had it for two and a half years. So they shouldn't have charged me $100 for that service call, but that's their policy. So I just opted not to do it. I didn't feel it was warranted to spend that kind of money for a six-minute drive.

Original review: June 2, 2022

We never had any problems with our Kinetico water softener.

Original review: June 1, 2022

All my three daughters had Kinetico water softeners, and all of them were very happy with the product. I also got one and it seems to get the iron out of my water. Now, I'm happy with that. I've called with questions, and they've always answered. So, I've been happy with that, too. The service is good.

Kinetico Company Information