4.5/5 (289 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: April 18, 2022

I got Kinetico 'cause I've heard they're very good, and our experience has been very good. The water quality is much better. The system also doesn't consume a lot of salt for doing the job and it takes care of itself. I would highly recommend it. They're expensive. I was surprised my wife went for it 'cause I wouldn't, but she wanted it. We spent the money and did it. Now I'm glad I did.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I got the water filtration system from Kinetico. The installation was great. It's improved our water quality. We really enjoy it.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I love Kinetico. It's good. I had the salt monitor installed a few weeks ago, and it appears to be functioning normally.

Original review: April 5, 2022

At first, the installation of our Kinetico system wasn't bad. The second time that they came back to add some stuff, it seemed like it took forever, but it wasn't really their problem. It was back when COVID hit and parts were starting to get backed up. After having the Kinetico system installed, I didn't use as much detergent in my washing machine, and the water was softer as far as doing my hair. It made it a lot better. We don't have the system anymore since we sold our place.

Original review: April 4, 2022

The Kinetico rep was really wonderful. The installation was fine, too. The water filtration system works really well. I don't use much laundry detergent or dishwasher detergent. Having reverse osmosis water has been really a healthy thing to have.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I am on a water source heat pump and I am on a well. My water is so hard that the hot water heater kept getting impacted very often. When the guys from Kinetico came to do the sales pitch, they were very convincing. They did testing up to one side and down the other and explained things to me. Since I was really tired of buying a hot water heater every two and a half years, it seemed like something to give a whirl. We've got all this water source, heat and air in our basement. There's a lot of plumbing down there already. They had to figure out how to correctly have the two systems work together and they did. But it was not a straight shot on this one. This one was tricky. But they were very good. I also liked the last guy who came to do my yearly thing.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I like Kinetico. They follow up and they have excellent customer service. There was a couple of snafus, but it all got fixed. It was a medium problem and as soon as I brought it to their attention, it was cleared right up.

Hi Tim,

We appreciate your graciousness as the issues were worked through. Unfortunately, snafus happen, but trust that Kinetico will always work to keep your confidence!

Original review: March 31, 2022

I like that Kinetico systems don't require any electricity. That was really nice. They also don't fill you with salt either. We have the water softener and it's just the right amount of salt. It's smooth water and it works. In terms of customer satisfaction and experience, that's all been great. Fast, friendly, kind service and always willing to talk and give quotes for different things.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I love Kinetico. I own three systems. I like the fact that I don't have to have electricity to run it. And where I live, the power goes out quite often. My guy has my garage code. He comes in, puts salt in, makes sure that I'm taken care of. It's wonderful. My water is softer and the systems help keep the magnesium down. Use Kinetico.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico story. We're happy to hear you have had a positive experience with our non-electric water systems. If you ever need help, please let us know. You can reach us at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Thanks again,

The Kinetico Team

Original review: March 29, 2022

We're very happy with the Kinetico system. Hard water has high mineral content. Now, it all disappears. I've had very, very little problems with it, but if I have any concerns, they jump right on it. Their customer service has also been outstanding.

Kinetico response

Thanks for taking the time to share this, Linwood! We appreciate you and your time.

Original review: March 28, 2022

I've had a Kinetico system for almost 23 years. The first system I got was in Texas and it was a great system. It was very expensive, but it was so good, we ended up buying another one five years ago. What a water softener system is supposed to do, it did it perfectly. I love the Kinetico system because it's a wireless system. It doesn't use any electricity. Their customer service was also good. I had to change some of the rejuvenation timing plates and they sent them in the mail promptly. I recommend them.

Original review: March 27, 2022

Their customer service has been good. They take care of everything. The system also works well. However, it's a constant battle dealing with tannins. My water is still a little green. I think it has to do with balancing it. Otherwise, the Kinetico system is handy and it does the job.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I would recommend Kinetico myself. It's been a while since we got the system, but we still like it. It's simple to maintain, and our water's a lot softer. They've also been very good about delivering salt, and the reps have been very good.

Original review: March 25, 2022

We had single tank system and we had some complaints about that. So they switched us to the dual tank system and that seemed to alleviate some of the problems. Although we have been somewhat satisfied, our water has never been as soft as it was with the previous manufacturer. It's much softer than it would be without a softener, but it's not as soft. The required maintenance of the system has been very low. Although, we stopped calling about the water not quite as soft because they came a couple of times and it never improved. So I just came to the realization that this is as soft as it gets with this system. I can live with it, although it ticks me off a little bit about water spots because I've always felt with a water softener, I shouldn't have to hand dry my dishes to keep the spots off. But the dependability of the Kinetico system is excellent.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The Kinetico is a great product and we really love it. Clark with Morehead City franchise is the guy who services ours and he has been working with us for 15 years. He has always been so good to us.

Kinetico response

15 years!? That's what we like to hear, Amanda! Thanks for sharing and here's to another 15!

Original review: March 23, 2022

Customer service has been very good. If we have any problems, they come out. The water softener has been fine. Kinetico has been good to us.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I have the whole Kinetico system plus reverse osmosis drinking water. I like it so far. The installers were very professional at what they did. They had it done in just a few hours.

Original review: March 21, 2022

The guy that we dealt with was a good salesman. But he doesn't come and clean my filters too often. Kinetico should show everybody how to clean their filters or offer to clean them. They shouldn't sell us new filters all the time if we don't need them. One of their guys showed me how to clean it and I cleaned them and got a couple of extras. My water has been fine as long as I don't let the salt run out, and the system doesn't use much salt. I really appreciate that. Kinetico was a little too expensive compared to others, but it's okay if I'm going to live here a long time.

Original review: March 20, 2022

They were very helpful and professional. They came when they said they would. We've since had them come back and adjust the settings because we have since gone on a county water system. They were very pleasant to deal with and have helped us since then. The system makes a huge difference.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Since getting the system, the water has been softened and it's slippery when you shower. Also, the drinker water for the coffee and ice cubes is fine. It's a good system and our local Kinetico company's very professional. We rent the house on VRBO and the people coming in there are enjoying the features that we purchased.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Kinetico does an amazing job because, without the system, everything turns orange and has an egg smell. With the system, our water feels great. I can most definitely tell when we're running low on salt. There's a huge difference in the quality of water. I'm happy with the product. Their service has also been great.

Original review: March 18, 2022

They've been very good at helping us with our filters, delivering salt, and being available when we have questions. But six months after we had our system put in, we found out that the techs didn't route it properly. And so, our hose bibbs were also filtered water and we went through stuff faster. We had our plumber redo the work that Kinetico did and let management know and told them how much the bill was. They gave us salt to pay for the plumbing. It was $180 worth of salt. That was nice because they didn't have to do that. It was nice that they were able to work out a deal with us.

Hi Julie,

Unfortunately, most homes hose bids are tied in to the plumbing after the main that comes in to the home. There is an additional cost of labor and materials for the installer to route the soft water around or after the hose bibs.

We are happy to read of the kindness your installer showed you.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I'm completely satisfied with Kinetico. Since having it, I use the water to make my coffee in the home. The fellas that come out here have also been really nice.

Original review: March 17, 2022

The Kinetico sales guy explained the system well. The limited amount of salt that you'd have to use to take care of my problem, he guaranteed it. The water smelled like metal. I had a ton of iron in it. Now, I drink the water. One time, we had a freeze. One of the tanks split during the freeze outside. It was in a pump house type thing. I called Kinetico and they came down. We split the difference on the tank because it was expensive. They've been very good. I don't have them do salt delivery or service. But I know that if I call them, they're really quick to respond. I've recommended Kinetico.

Original review: March 16, 2022

We're perfectly satisfied with the system of Kinetico. The system has worked perfectly. However, it costs a fortune to get started, $4,000. As for the upkeep, we don’t do anything. Their rep, Clint, puts the salt in the vat and he does a good job.

Hi Earl,

We are glad to see you appreciate the investment you have made in to your water.

Original review: March 15, 2022

We get a lot of follow-ups with Kinetico. I have to call when I want something, though. I was with Culligan before. Culligan would come and check the salt every now and then. This guy just calls me and asks me if I need any. Then I have to go check it and he brings it and drops it off at the house. But other than that, it’s okay.

Original review: March 15, 2022

The installers did a good job. The only issue I have is that we got a filter system on it and it should have been more permanent. But it's hanging off the side. When I try to turn the filter cartridges off to change the cartridge, all the connections spin so I'm constantly getting things back together. I also have to constantly putty things up so they don't leak.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with my system. The biggest thing is that it doesn't use electricity and it rejuvenates on utilization instead of being set to where it's got to be done every night. It doesn't use as much salt. It's also durable and it has made it through the winter. We had nothing freeze and I have it in a good-sized pump house and I keep it warm. But it's convenient and has far less maintenance. If I have a timing issue, it's simple to reset it myself. We have no smell, taste, or rust in our water. So it's doing what it's supposed to.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I've had four systems. I've moved around a bit, and every time I moved to a new house, I get a new system. I don't have to buy bottled water because I have the water filtration and the water softener/filter. I've had everything with Kinetico and they all have been very good. Their team also goes out of their way to help and they’re great.

Hi Susan!

Wow. Thanks so much for your brand loyalty!

We appreciate you!

Original review: March 14, 2022

I love our Kinetico system and I love their service. They’re great. When we bought the house, we had very hard water. A lot of the plumbing fixtures were calcified. Our young children were getting rashes from the water. One of the big reasons we went with Kinetico was that it doesn't need to be powered by electricity. That was a big plus. All problems have been solved since Kinetico was installed. No issues with our kids anymore. Everything cleared up. It's better for our appliances too.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Kinetico is worth it. It's a lot better water quality. Their customer service was also good.

Kinetico Company Information