It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

755 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We're on a well and we've got hard water. A buddy of mine bought Kinetico and he was really impressed with it. He also said they're the best on the market. I went over to a local dealer here in town and purchased it. We did the whole house and everything went great. I had my plumber hook it up while he dealt with our plumbing, and it was a piece of cake.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We had Kinetico when we were down in Arizona, and when we moved up to Montana, we put a Sears water softener in and had really big problems with hardness. We wanted really good drinking water, and we wanted a water system that would create enough water for us to drink. There is no doubt that Kinetico is absolutely the most expensive on the market, but having had the advantage of having rented a Kinetico down in Arizona, we saved our pennies and that's what we got.

We bought the heavy-duty water softener and the big reverse osmosis system. The tech and his son did a fine job on the installation, but it wasn't quite the professional installation team I had expected. The system is working fine, but when you're paying that much money for a system, you don't want dad to be teaching his son how to do it. Also, they could be a little bit more willing to come out afterwards and test, and make sure that everything is in line. But by the same token, he put in extra water filters so that we could gauge the water coming across before it ever hit the Kinetico system. This system works, and I know because I take showers every other day. Since we've had it put in, we've not had to put another bag of salt. With the old Sears, in a month's time we would have to put four or five bags of salt in. This one just goes and goes.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our experience with Kinetico has all been positive. They had a show at the trade center and we talked with their rep. We also talked with a bunch of others and decided we wanted to go with him. When we saw how much how much money it was gonna take, we got that money together and gave them a call. The rep came to the house, and after a month, he sent another representative back and re-tested the water. He asked if we had any problems and bought us a bag of salt. Our water is great since having the system.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We bought their system and it has been unreliable since it was installed. About every 6 months we start getting hard water. The Brighton MI dealer comes out, replaced meters, brine tank pump, etc since installed. Each time out the service person scratches his head, says he doesn’t understand what’s wrong and that he hopes that what he has done fixes the problem. Last time out they insinuated that they were going to charge us for service calls. Now approximately 6 months has gone by and we have hard water again. Help or give us our money back.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We had really hard water that was staining everything orange with iron and also was not very drinkable. I did some online shopping and then we spoke to the Kinetico salesman. He was very helpful. He also found another little leak and fixed it for us, and that was good. The installer who came out seemed very efficient and experienced. Now, the orange staining went away and the water works better in the washer-dryer. We had an RO system put in as well and that works better for the drinking water.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We're on well water so we've got a lot of mineral, and we also have some clay in it. We wanted to filter out the color, the mineral and the small impediments. We had been at Kinetico and had our water tested a couple of times, and they were very professional and knowledgeable when we went in to discuss it. I got the whole house filter and the salt unit, which the installers installed while we were gone. It cleared our water up and it's really nice.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I knew our area had hard water, and it was a concern because our clothes are thrown in and they come out having a smell to them, and they just couldn't get cleaned. We also started noticing a lot of white residue in the shower and other areas where the water was constantly in contact with the surface, and it was gross living in that condition. Plus our one year old was still on the bottle so we were buying filtered water for her 'cause we didn't want her to drink that nasty water. We decided that we would try and see if there was something we could afford to do. I was looking into several different water companies, and I only had two come over and do demos. The first one came over and did the demonstration, but they were a lot more expensive than Kinetico. I also looked at ConsumerAffairs online and tried to compare the different systems, and Kinetico was a lot better on it.

We got the water softening system for the house and a drink filtration system with the nozzle installed in the kitchen. The guy that does the installation and the service of the equipment came over and didn't take too long, and then they set everything up pretty quickly. He had a lot of experience and he knew what he was doing, so we were happy with that. Everything that Kinetico told us to expect was there, and they answered all our questions.

In taking showers, we've noticed that the water is different now. It also has a different taste to it. The system hardly requires any kind of salt. The other competitor swore to me that all their competitors in the area were gonna cost me a lot of money and salt, and we noticed that was not true. Even with the drinking system, Kinetico told us to keep an eye on it. We got a little gauge in there to let me know when the filters need to be changed, which we would have to pay for or we could do it ourselves. But we still have plenty of room before those filters need to be changed. It seems like it's not taking that much out of the filter to do it. So it's neat that we're saving more money than we thought we would.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I've had Kinetico water softeners myself twice before and I like it a lot better than the old type. I had the other kind that used electricity and what I like about Kinetico is that it doesn't use any electricity. It's self-contained. We have a lot of power outages here and it doesn't affect my water softener at all. The other system wasn't keeping the water as clear as it should be too. I would test the water, and it had several grains of hardness. Now with Kinetico the water has zero grains of hardness if you keep the salt up on it.

The people who sold me the system came right out and put in the system. They also take care of things and I trust them. It's been years that I've had Kinetico and I'm much more happy with it. I've never heard of a better water softener system that I would think about going to. This is my third Kinetico. I'm retired now, so I'm living in an apartment at my daughter-in-law's house and at my first move in here, I bought her one.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We have hard water where we live and I went online to figure out what kind of water softening system would be best for us and I went with Kinetico. I liked the fact that the water isn’t sitting in the salt all the time and that Kinetico processes the water as needed. That’s something that Kinetico has over the other brands. Their rep, Dusty, was very nice and he worked very well with my husband who is extremely picky. The installation was done in one day and since having Kinetico, it takes less detergent for the different things that I clean and I don’t have to clean as often. We’re very happy with the system and I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I was building my home, the general contractor and the adviser that I had in the project recommended Kinetico water softener and filtration system unit. Kinetico's sales consultant did a good job. I met with him for 15 minutes then we went over the installation and went over where they felt the unit should go and how it operated. Then the dealings I had with their installation team were flawless. The filtration system softens water so everything's working out okay.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We had gotten a soft water system from Kinetico to purify the water and lessen the calcium. With it, the water is softer and doesn’t gunk up the appliances. I also don’t have the big rocks trapped in the screen through the faucet. Their rep was wonderful and very good. She supervised the whole thing. She was on site and a crew worked for her. I was very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We wanted clean water and bought the standard home water system from Kinetico. With it, the water tastes better. I’ve been happy with the product and the company. They seem to do a good job.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Our chlorine levels in our city-provided water were higher than what one would find in a swimming pool, high enough that you could smell it, in addition to very hard water. The Kinetico rep was knowledgeable, professional and answered my millions of questions. I purchased a water softener, a primary filter, a reverse osmosis system and a system that takes the chlorine out of the water. The installers were timely and they did a fine job. Now the water is softer, I can't detect chlorine when I take a shower and the water from the reverse osmosis is very tasty.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had a water softener before that went out and my neighbor told us that Kinetico has good water softeners. Their reps were very friendly and they were able to come out, talk us and test our water although we live way out in the country. Everything went fine during their visit. While there is no difference in our water since we have had a water softener in the house all along, our water tastes good now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We purchased the Kinetico softener in 2008. We were told it would last up to 20 Years. This week I noticed the system flushing and it would not stop. I called for service and a very helpful tech checked and our bypass valve has failed and the meter valve as well. As it is out of warranty this is very costly and is getting the repair cost up to where we are likely going to replace the system as a valve rebuild is only guaranteed for one year and I guess to replace the meter valve is not an option for my system as it is not offered. I was impressed during the 10 years of performance but both valves breaking down and ridiculous cost are pushing us away from Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We got Kinetico years ago. We lived in Flippin, Arkansas and the water was awful. It was extremely hard and we saw that we would be better off with a water softener. We had been to one of the kids' houses and they had a water softener downstairs. But that thing ground up salt at night and it was big and loud. It drove me crazy. We also didn’t much care for it because the water was salty. Then we went to a county fair and talked to Lisa. It took us a few minutes to talk to her then we ordered the Kinetico whole house water softener. Lisa's brother installed it and it was done. It didn’t take very long and we were really happy with Kinetico.

We live in a different town now and we got a new water softener as quickly as we could. The water over here was full of sulfur. It smelled like rotten eggs. I called Lisa and asked who the Kinetico dealer was over here. She said, "You're talking to her." I told her what we needed and she said okay. She asked who was gonna put it in and I told her we would get a plumber. We called this plumbing company and they worked together. They came over and looked at stuff then she brought the thing over. Lisa told the plumber how and what went where and I thought the plumber was the worst part. He took forever to get it installed. It could have been done in an hour but the system has worked flawlessly ever since.

The system uses a lot less salt than it used to. But it may be the type of water or the improvements on the machine. There are two tanks sitting in our laundry room, right off the kitchen, and you'll never know it was running unless you walked in the laundry room and put water into the thing. The Kinetico system is the best thing on the market. You can't do any better. It doesn’t use any electricity either.

Resolution response: Jan. 15, 2019

I’m retracting my review. The company was quite reasonable in working through our concerns, though I wish this unfortunate situation had worked out better.

Five stars for standing up and having a conversation.

Consumer Affairs, there appears to be no way to remove reviews. Please remove my review.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I'm a customer in Davis, California. Recently, several cities in our area completed a water project that alleviated some of the hard water concerns and reduced the contaminants that were coming from our groundwater, including hard water conditions. This reduced the number of hard water systems that our local dealer was selling. Consequentially, Kinetico's partner sales quota was not being met. So Kinetico, in the ultimate act of not giving 2c about their customers, completely pulled the partnership agreement to our local water company.

There is now no local company that can provide parts for Yolo County, and none of the other dealers want to make the significant drive down to service equipment. Instead of putting customers first and recognizing the need to continue to service the 20+ years of installed customers in the region, Kinetico put short-term profit concerns ahead of customers. We are having to rip and replace a less than two year old and more than $1500 reverse osmosis system as we cannot get replacement cartridges, and Kinetico doesn't have a non-dealer channel to get them. Shame on this company. Shame on Kinetico for abandoning their end-users. We will never do business with your company again. We have almost $5000 invested in Kinetico equipment, but this will be the last time we ever purchase or recommend anything from the company again.

Think very carefully about the fragility of their dealer network before you buy. Might be ok in big cities where they have almost overlapping dealer networks. But in areas that aren't as populated as New York or San Francisco, Kinetico doesn't have redundant coverage. Combined with their willingness to simply abandon thousands of customers that have been with them for decades, and you can really see what Kinetico as a company stands for. It's not pretty.

Kinetico response

Samuel and Kinetico has had good private conversation. It is true that Kinetico dealers are provided specific territory to cover and if the coverage is not met, the area will be given to another company that provides appropriate brand representation.

The purpose is to insure that potential customers receive the quality product they desire and do not get flipped to a lesser product and existing customers obtain the quality service they deserve.

This is good business.

However; in the county referenced in this review, it is not the case. The business partnership was dissolved for other reasons. All customers registered in the warranty registration data base were informed by letter of the 3 dealers that now cover the area.

Kinetico welcomes any and all questions regarding our business practices.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a Kinetico system in 2005 in my previous home in Tampa, Florida and I liked it. The water was okay and everything was good. Then we had a home built out in the country across the state line in Georgia, across the river. I had the water tested and the guy said that it had a little iron in it. But another guy came out from another company. He checked it out and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this water, which I kinda already knew. I grew up here in the same spot at my grandparent’s old place. We have a deep well that's 188 feet deep and the water tasted fine. But it was a little rough. It may have had a lot of scale or calcium.

I had a new pump put in the well and I don’t know if the guy who did it disturbed something in the line but the water seemed to get more iron. Our master shower started getting a little more orange-ish. My wife was having to scrub the thing every two or three days. She said she shouldn't have to do that and that there was something going on here. Then we got the Kinetico system and now, it’s once every two weeks that you have to get in there and scrub a little bit, but not much. It’s a lot easier to clean.

The installation was easy as well. These guys hooked everything up. Two guys came out and wanted to run it in through my laundry room and down the drain into my septic. Instead, I suggested turning that line back around the other way, come back out the garage wall, come back basically the same way they were going in and put it out there in the yard somewhere. They had some concerns about the grass but I told them that I live in the country and I couldn't care less about the grass. Then they said that out of concern, they should send a word around to HOA. But I’m on five acres and I don’t have a neighbor so who cares? I guess they were used to hooking up around HOAs in Jacksonville.

There was also a slight stench of sulfur that sprung up though, and we still have that for some reason. I had mentioned it when I came in to CGC two months before and bought more salt. They instructed me to put a little bit of bleach in the salt bin but it really didn’t help a lot. The main office gal upfront also said that she would have some guy come back out and check it out. But I’ve never seen that guy. That fell through the cracks. But it’s not an emergency anyway. It’s a very limited stench. I really can’t smell it but my wife can. She’s just finicky. But other than that, it's all good. The water is definitely better than it was.

It’s not Kinetico's fault that the water has a little sulfur in it. I thought I paid enough money for this system though. This thing was $4,515 itself. The guy didn’t mention a whole-house reverse osmosis system though, and I thought about doing that. But they wanted $15,000 and I don’t know for sure if it would do what it’s supposed to do. So I got hesitant on that one. The money was doing the talking on that one. But all in all, the experience has been good. Kinetico does what they’re supposed to do.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We had lived in Arizona and the water there was really bad. It tasted like chlorinated dirt water. We were at a home show in Phoenix many years ago and we saw the Kinetico water systems. We talked to different people who had different systems in their houses, but they were still not happy with them. We looked at Kinetico and tried the water that they had from the systems they had on people's houses there, and the water tasted fantastic from the crappy awful water that was showing up in our clothes, our skin and our appliances. So, we had a Kinetico system installed in Arizona.

After that, we moved to Virginia, but there was no Kinetico down at Central Virginia at that time. We whined and cried about it. We moved to Atlanta and there was no Kinetico at that time. We whined and cried about it. I went to Mississippi and there was no Kinetico there. We whined and cried about it, too. But when we moved here, we found out that there was a system available. We've only been here for a few weeks before they had the system installed. The water here in Huntsville is also really bad, so we purchased a water softener, a water filter system and a RO system.

Kinetico's sales representative was phenomenal. He was totally a people person and was extremely responsive. Not only did he walk me through my Kinetico system, but he has also helped me out with some other things in the house. He has met so many people in the area through his job that he has put me in contact with other services to assist me with things such as a useful handyman and a better plumber. He went above and beyond and was extremely knowledgeable.

The installation team was fantastic and they were another above and beyond team. We wanted to make sure everything was right. I started having some trouble with the RO system not working periodically and found out it was an operator error, but they sent somebody out right away to figure out what the problem was. My skin feels so much better and the water tastes phenomenal since having the system installed. We had the system put in with the RO that adds minerals back in, so it tastes like expensive bottled water like Dasani.

My scalp is horribly dry and flaky and itching like crazy. I get my hair shampooed and blow-dried. My scalp is awful when the place doesn’t use filtered water, but when they use the Kinetico, it really helps my scalp come back. In fact, I may end up having to switch to a different place or take a gallon of my filtered water with me because the water bothers my scalp so much. When I wash my hair at home, it starts to clear up. Kinetico definitely makes a huge difference in the water and what it does for the skin. I have already recommended them to friends and family members. My husband had gotten a Zero Water Filter thing other than the more expensive one from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but when we would take the water from the tap and run it through Zero Water Filter, there would be mini grains of sand in it and the little filter thing would wear out twice as fast as it is supposed to so that's how bad the water is.

If Kinetico wants to put me in a commercial, I'll be happy to do it because I really believe in the product. It is the second system we've had. I believe it's helping the people. People said that they looked into it, but it was expensive, but I said, "And so is dying or being sick or getting cancer." Kinetico also did a great job in hiring phenomenal people and I cannot say enough about the folks that I've dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a water softener for my new home from Kinetico and the water is not as hard as it was. I got their distributor and I could call them any time and she answers all my questions. I would recommend Kinetico. The biggest thing for us was the price because there's a lot of stuff out there that's not as expensive. But after we looked at the advantages not being on electric and some other things that outweighed the monetary part of it.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had my local health department check my well source, then it was found that it had E. coli and coliform in it. I've got a buddy who is a salesperson for water softeners and I talked him into selling me one. The guys who run the shop in Boston, Georgia do a great job too. For any questions that I've had, they address it head on. I asked for solutions they had for me and I asked them to give me a quote to get it. They got me a quote, sold it to me and I was able to get it installed the next day. They were very quick, efficient, and professional. I've had a reverse osmosis with the UV light filtration system for a couple of months now. It does the job well and it's reduced our cost by half. Also, I've already referred Kinetico to several folks and I would recommend them if it's needed.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The washing machine had a lot of build up. We also have an ice machine that was giving a spit. We even had one of those canister filters on it, and it still kept getting a lot of lime deposits and messing the ice machine up. So, we decided to look into filtration. A Kinetico guy came out and he was very interesting. He showed us a lot and we learned a lot. He tested the water and we had a lot of lime in it. We thought we would get a system to help clean up the water that goes into the house and the Kinetico water system took care of a lot of stuff.

The installer checked on us and the installation just took a few hours. He was there in a day and did the system. We did the whole house system for the lime deposits. And then we put the one in the kitchen for just drinking water and cooking water. It's under the sink system. He then checked back with us after, and we got the big thing for the salt. Since using the Kinetico systems, the soap lasts longer, and I have not had problems with the ice machine.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We live on a six acre land and I got well water. There's a lot of sediment in the water and the iron levels are high, so the water is hard. It was staining the shower and other stuff, hence not the best thing for us. I bought a Kinetico water softener with the filter as well as a soda ash container and a pressure pump. The plumbers took a little longer to install than expected but they just ran in some issues since the pump was defective. They had to get back and get another one. Still, they were great. While we paid about $5,000, we'd do it again if I had to do it again. We're happy with our Kinetico experience and the water is delicious now.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We have horrible water in Branson. It was hard and stinky, so they treat it with a lot of chlorine which was not good for my wife. So, we chose to soften the water and get something better for ourselves and for our pets to drink. I researched and it came down to Kinetico and RainSoft. Kinetico was more expensive but it was a good system and it was complete so, we got a water softener and a carbon filter. Wes at Air & Water Solutions was good to work with on getting the appointment set up. When he came out, he accepted the fact that our water was hard and it was not about what he can do but the stuff that has already been covered. He went through it all.

We had a difficult or an awkward installation because of the general configuration and he brought an installer in to go over it. He made sure that he understood what they would have to do and how they would have to do it before he got started and before we got contracted. It was one of his own employees and he had him here the next day. The two of them looked at things and measured them out to make sure they understood how they were going to accomplish what it was we wanted and if they could actually do it. We came to the conclusion that they could and they did it quite well.

For the first five months, the water was great. It was comfortable to bathe again and you felt clean when you were done. Then, after about five months, we happened to replace the water heater because it was an older one and had all the build-up in it. By taking all the chlorine out, we wound up with stinky water and so, we replaced the water heater. After five months, we wound up with stinky water again. We called and what it came down to is because we had taken all the chlorine out of the water through the softening, we were starting to get a little bit of a build-up. So, we wound up having to add an electronic anode rod to the water heater to take care of the problem that the chlorine had previously taken care of to deal with the odor. Since then, it has been fine but we wound up replacing just about everything in the water system.

As bad as our water is here, people should plan right upfront, when they do the water softener. If their water heater is more than a year old, they should go ahead and do the water heater at the same time and make sure it’s got an electronic anode rod because the chemical exchange anode rods aren’t strong enough with the water we’ve got. I would still recommend Kinetico. I’m very happy with what we’ve got going on now although it was painful to get here. It’s just people need to know upfront what they’re facing on this water.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I've always had a water filtration system on my house, but it was 17 years old and dilapidated and it was time for a new one. I'm a commercial refrigeration service technician that works on commercial establishments and all of the Darden Restaurants use Kinetico Water Systems, so when I decided to get a new one, I figured I would call Kinetico and see if they had a residential version, and they did. I've got a system through them that's working great and I never had a problem with Kinetico. I got the one with the water-driven system on it, so there is no electricity involved. A lot of commercial establishments use Kinetico and I work on all their equipment. It has the water running through them and they don't have hardness issues, so I knew that it was a good piece of equipment.

The gentleman from Kinetico showed up on time and he was really helpful and really professional. He knew what he was talking about and he had facts and everything to back it up. He wasn't just spouting off numbers. The people that installed the system were awesome. I've never seen anybody work quite like that. They were impressive. I'm very pleased with the product and the service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

There was a lot of lime buildup in our water and I knew that Kinetico was in our town. I looked them up in the phone book. Their rep was friendly and well-informed and I purchased a water softener from them. It just took a matter of minutes to install their system and since then, we’ve noticed a difference in our water. We’ve had the Kinetico system for a year now and for maintenance, we have to change the filter once a year.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We moved here in Missouri from Colorado and the water here is so hard and yellow and so yucky-tasting. I did some online research and went to Home Depot. There, they recommended the Kinetico guys and they set us up with an appointment. When the rep came out, we were comfortable with him. We liked him and the price of the system he has is a whole lot better too. In fact, he didn't have as much of a sale to do because we'd already known what we needed and yet, he still answered all our questions. He even looked around to see what plumbing came in. Since we also needed a hot water heater at the time, he gave us the name of the young man to do that for us. He was not only knowledgeable, but was helpful as well.

The installation of the softener and the filtration system went very well. The installation guy replaced the pipe under the house with ¾-inch from a ½-inch so it was good. He was very nice and professional. Ever since having Kinetico as our system, there's a huge difference in our water. Before we had to change the filter more often because we're on well water. It's a community well and we're the closest to that well. When they did some major work on it, all this sludge and cruds came rushing down. I can’t imagine what it would've been like with that water.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We got a lot of lime in our water here and since having Kinetico system installed, the water is a lot softer and even tastes better. The system got the two big jugs plus the big trash can for the salt. I also had good interactions with the people at Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I've had Kinetico for several years now. I had it at my old house and the water was great. When we moved to a different house, I had the same system put in because number one, it has a low thing to dump the salt in. Number two is the fact that it doesn’t depend upon an electric outlet or timer. I was very satisfied with Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We love Kinetico. When I bought a new house, we didn’t have any water softener system in it and I wanted one. I got a water softener and an RO system from Kinetico. I told the installation team where I wanted the stuff and they put it in. They did a good job and I’ve been really happy with it.

Kinetico Company Information