It's that easy Request Information
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

894 Kinetico Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 30, 2019

We purchased a house on a lake and the water it's using comes out of the lake. Kinetico was one of the top-of-the-lines brands for the money we've got and we got the water softener from them. The water is definitely softer and better now, and it makes my wife happy. I would recommend them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My problem was not with the product, it was with service, since posting my initial review, I have had my faith in a good product with good leadership restored. When Kinetico was made aware of my problem they immediately got involved and solved it. Let's make one thing clear, I have never been disappointed in the quality of the Kinetico products, just the service from one dealer. I have had my Kinetico softener for well over 10 years and it has worked great all of that time. The rating of five stars for the product is accurate, it's too bad when a dealer does not follow the service model provided, so when this happens I urge you to contact Kinetico and let them know, as I have found out they really do care.

John,

Our appreciation of this review, and you as a customer, is beyond measure. Thank you so much.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had the system installed for $3600 for the whole house about 6-7 months ago. The salt in the system seems to be still the same level as when the technician installed the system. I think that water smells bad again, and I also noticed, that after I used a soap in my bath, water turned very cloudy. That was one of the water tests performed in front of me by sales person. He took filtered water and my tap water, added soap and showed me, how soap binds to water impurity in tap water and water becomes cloudy. I called about 2 months ago, was told, that they will send me a water bottle to send water for testing. So far, nothing. It seems to me, that by installing the system and getting your money their obligations to customers are fulfilled. I do not recommend this system.

Kinetico response

Daniela, below is the dealer's response. We hope this action taken on the part of Kinetico and your local dealer has regained your confidence.

Kinetico Customer Support

I called Ms. Stark last night.. She was very pleasant. I told her I would send someone today (We are). She said it's not an emergency.

I asked if she had ever changed her carbon filter. She has not. I asked if she had ever called back after not receiving the test bottle. She had not. I told her the best of us sometimes screw up and forget but that I would make sure she is taken care of and that hopefully she will feel we are the 5 star company she deserves.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got very bad experience from Kinetico water system. My home use well water, and I want to get better quality water. In 2017 when I went to Costco, met Kinetico sales person, he suggested this brand, and promised they can do the job for well water system, total cost $6886. After they teared down my Iron remover and softener system (actually it good system, only need change media). They only install softener, not filter. Result water TDS range over 480. Plus rotten egg smell in water. When I ask iron filter, they told me need add another $8000.00. Really terrible.

Hi Helen,

A water softener removes hardness minerals of calcium and magnesium and also dissolved iron. A water softener does not lower tds or remove odor.

TDS (total dissolved solids) can be any mineral, metal or chemical. Reverse osmosis or distillation is the residential course of action for lowering TDS.

Rotten egg is typically associated with sulfur. We first advise you to determine if the odor is on the cold water, hot water or both. If on the cold water, the odor is probably produced in the well and that needs attention. If on the hot water, then the water heater will need attention.

You don't say that you have iron.

We'll touch base with your dealer and ask him to provide you a follow up consultation to review the product installed and test the water to confirm it's function.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We like knowing that the water we’re drinking is clean. We got the Kinetico whole-house water filtering system and the water was pretty much what I expected. We’ve used water systems before so we knew what they were like. There’s one issue though. The Kinetico salesman had made a deal about having ice that would be clear all the way through but and that has never happened. But that aside, the sales rep did an excellent job. The installation guy did a good job as well. The experience was very good overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I've had Kinetico for a little over a year now and I can tell the difference in our quality of water. The water's softer. Everybody was also nice during the initial set-up and everything was good during the installation. They came back to do general maintenance and they changed the filters for us.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I got a water softener system from Kinetico. The gentleman from Water Works came in and was wonderful. He told me what was going on, tested my water, did my schedule, came in and got rid of the old equipment. He was clean and thereafter, everything was the way it should be. Their team was clean, courteous, didn't leave a mess, made sure they didn't make one. However, their installer was gonna get back to me after so many times and I haven't heard from him. Even so, they were wonderful when they came to put the Kinetico system up. They left extra bags of salt and the guy who did it answered all my questions. So far, I've had a good experience with the system. It’s working better than my other system did. My water source is a well, and my concern was they had ochre in the water. It has always tasted different. With the system, it feels softer though.If anybody ever asked me, I would push Kinetico's product.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have had the system for a number of years and have no complaints on the system itself, however I had an emergency leaking problem, water all over my basement. There was no service listed for the Caledon area, so I called the head office. They supplied a name of a company that does their service. Very surprised they don’t do their own service. Anyhow I had water all over my basement. The system was still leaking after I put it into bypass. Still leaking after I shut the water down completely. And still leaking after I went from bypass to red right off. Called the number supplied for service and they calmly said that no one could come out for two weeks!!!! I said what two weeks!!! So now I have diverted the leaking water to my sump pump pit and now forced to only turn the water on to the house when needed then off. Two weeks of this will not be fun!!! So Kinetico get your act together for service.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was having a lot of hard water build-up problems. The company that I used to purchase a water softening system from recommended the Kinetico system but he price point was the same so that they didn't really have to compete on price. However, I looked up Kinetico and read the reviews about their system. I liked the fact that when the power goes out in the Kinetico system, it doesn't have to be reset because it's not running off of electricity. Setting the appointment with their sales rep was super easy and the company that I used did everything for me. They installed it, too and I didn't ever work directly with Kinetico. I worked with a third-party reseller called Karsare. The whole installation was also very easy except for one little hiccup with a valve set that was not quite right and they ended up having to replace that.

Since I got the system, I kind of use less of everything such as cleaning products. I'm also not getting quite as much hard water build-up. Before, I was having trouble with being able to get my clothes cleaned. So, that has improved. But it is a little harder to rinse my hair when I'm in the shower washing it because when the water is soft, you feel like you still have soap all over you even when you probably don't. So, I just rinse for extra long. Other than that, the system has been great and I wish I bought it a lot earlier. I was also surprised at how little salt it actually uses. It's really efficient. I've had it for a year now and I was expecting to have to add salt to it every other month. But I've only had to add salt every three months or every quarter. So, it exceeded my expectations. All in all, I'm very happy with my experience.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for sharing how you came to know Kinetico and the reasons you chose the brand.

Karsare Systems is a very long time, authorized Kinetico dealer that has always represented the product line in an exemplary fashion.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 18, 2019

I wanted to be able to remove the Fluoride in the water. I was making Kombucha and it was also for personal health. Setting up the initial appointment with Kinetico was great and it was fine dealing with their rep. A service company here in Vermont was able to install the new system. They were very helpful. They can also come in and do this periodic maintenance for it. It's a reverse osmosis water system with a couple of cartridges in it. With it, I don’t have to haul reverse osmosis water. It works as advertised and we’re very happy with it.

Original review: May 17, 2019

We got a K5 system from Kinetico. Before that there would be a water advisory, and I don't hear of it. I would be using water, and then all of a sudden I hear I shouldn’t be using the water. And then Kinetico came in to test my water free of cost. They were awesome to meet. They did everything right in front of my eyes so I'm able to see it. I saw all the impurities that was in the water and that was when I decided we should get the system. You could just stand and look at the water being changed with your own eyes. In less than 20 minutes, you got your proof. It was just amazing. I never had that experience before.

The guy that came in to install was very patient. I remember the day when he came. It was very cold and I told him, “Listen you don't have to be all day at work and end up cold.” And he said, “Well, if it was up to me, I would have stayed home, but I can’t tell my boss.” I said, “Okay, tell your boss that we said you don't have to put it on today. It’s too cold.” He said, “No.” He just went ahead and did his job. He was a very nice guy.

Since having K5 the smell of the water is different because my water always smells dank before. The only disappointment that I had with them is that they told me that they were gonna give me some supplies, which I didn't get. The financial company told me they did that all the time. And I was like, “Really?” And they were saying, “You're gonna have that experience. We don't have to tell you. So, if they don't give what they promised, just let us know.” She had told me that it would have taken a little time, so I said, “Okay.” And then, they sent me some sampler stuff, and then they said, “Okay, as soon as we get the stock back in, we’ll send it out.” But I haven’t heard from them. But other than that, Kinetico has been a good experience.

Hi Gwendolyn,

We are so glad you are happy with your Kinetico drinking water system.

We do want to express that should your local municipality issue a boil alert, you will want to put this system on bypass and adhere to the alter. If the unit was exposed to microbiologically unsafe water, you will want to have it sanitized with a filter change.

Please feel free to direct additional questions via phone or email.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 16, 2019

Knowing that the town’s water is hard, I looked into a water filtration system. I called Kinetico and they showed up when they said they would. Since the system had been installed, there's less water stain on the fixtures. The system is kinda loud when it regenerates. But besides that, I’m happy with it.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have a deep well and it’s full of iron, so when I bought the house, everything was orange and rusting. I got Kinetico and a charcoal filter afterwards. The water went from crap to perfect. The model was at the high end and it was very expensive. There are two tanks. Kinetico has been an amazing system and I love it. Plus, the experience with their reps was amazing. They just came and did the one-year service on it. They said they should come out once a year, so I called them and they came out. I’ve been with Kinetico for a year and I’m all set.

Original review: May 12, 2019

A lady from Pennsylvania who had used Kinetico for her water filtration needs suggested the company to us. She helped us look up the company in Kentucky. Here, we had concerns with the city water and the bleach that goes in it. Kinetico's consultants did well, came out and walked me through the options. They tried to help me reach a wise decision. The installer did well too and we were satisfied. We were hoping to move into our new house within the next month and he offered to put it in our current home, and then swap it to our new home at no extra charge. Since then, the water has been tasting better and we like the peace of mind we have knowing that we're getting a lot of the pollutants out.

Original review: May 11, 2019

New Orleans is a really old city. Everything’s wet. We got Kinetico since anyone was concerned about water, especially when there’s very old pipes. It has been easy to set the system up. But customer service sucks. There’s nobody else to go to. I need another large system at my house because my last company burnt the one I have. But because I can’t find anyone that’s actually easy to work with, I haven’t purchased it yet. What I have with Kinetico is just the drinking water. The rep was really grumpy. Thank God I was raised by a Castilian mother. So, when he yelled at me that didn't faze me. He’s just a grumpy old man. But he knows what he’s talking about. The installation was also quick and done very well.

Hi Dianna,

Thanks for making us aware of your experience. With your permission, we will follow up with your local Kinetico dealer.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 10, 2019

We got one of the best all-house system Kinetico had. We had a well water and couldn't get the water clean. We had to send water sample in for testing, and they told us exactly what we needed. The person who sold the system to us seemed to be confident about it and we trusted him. But their system just couldn't take care of the problem. We tried several things on the system but none of them worked out for our water. And then, they bought it back for part of the money that we spent on the whole system. I would not recommend Kinetico. Another thing that I did not like about the company is that I was also not able to buy filters through them.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Martins Water Conditioning installed a Kinetico Softener on April 22, 2019 and I must say it's the best softener I've ever dealt with. All of Martins staff were at the top of the customer satisfaction level. I would highly recommend this softener and Martins to install it. I am one HAPPY customer!!

Great news, Connie!

We think Martin's Water Conditioning is pretty spectacular, too!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 7, 2019

I have a regular Kinetico water softener that I got through a local dealer last summer so, I called him when I was experiencing some sulfur issues. The dealer was nice, very on top of things and got out here in a timely manner. He also had good response. However, I'm still having the same issues that I had. It’s not as dramatic but still, I’m not quite satisfied nor as happy with the performance of the system. It wasn’t recommended correctly. My refrigerator and the freezer as well as the water and ice cubes smell like sulfur. I haven’t gotten back to customer service yet and I need to call the local dealer too. They can up the concentration of cycling but I still feel like I have an aftertaste in the water that I didn't have before, maybe even from the potassium permanganate which is what they use in greensand. I'd love to hear the company's feedback just to see and make sure it was the right product recommended.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I've had a Kinetico water softener with the water filter underneath my sink for 20 years. Me and my son have skin sensitivity. I didn't care to drink the water and he couldn't drink the water. There are too many chemicals in it so we got the filter under the sink. It treats everything for the refrigerator, the water, and the icemaker. Last year, I had somebody service it. Their reps were very polite, helpful and courteous. They did the job, answered my questions, explained and showed me things that I ask questions about. I had one supplier that wasn't so helpful though. He just wanted to sell me a new unit instead of fixing the one I had. Apparently, he didn't stay with Kinetico for very long. There's a big difference in using soft water compared to using hard water. If I use the hard water, I'll get cracks in my skin. It dries my skin out. But when I use my water here at home, I don't have that problem.

Hi Judith,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience with us. We enjoying hearing from our customers so we can constantly be improving our business practices. If there is ever anything we can do, please feel free to contact us directly.

Sincerely,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: May 3, 2019

The water in the city made me look into water softener systems. I wanted to get better water. My experience setting up an appointment with Kinetico was fine. They came when we called, fixed the issue, and asked if there was anything more they could do. Everything went well with my interactions with the installation team. The water has been much better and not as hard since. Plus, my bath has been more bubbly. I would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: May 2, 2019

We got Kinetico's water softener since we had really bad water, and at the time, I had young kids. We got it installed in one day and just had minor repairs through the years. And about three years ago, I purchased a new one. It's a little pricey, but the product works fine.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Due to the hard water in our town, we need a water system, and we opted for a water softener from Kinetico. They were easy to work with and the installation went fine.

Original review: April 30, 2019

A Kinetico system was already here in the house when we bought it. We've been here for 15 years now and even when we moved in, the system is already antiquated. Our water comes straight from the well and it has a certain amount of mineral content in it so it would not be as tasteful. Since I already knew the people who have been servicing it from the time we've been here, we just decided to replace the system. I also did a bit of research and it seemed like it's better if we stay with Kinetico. It took them a couple of hours to replace the system. Other than that, the customer service is fine.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I couldn't get a unit from Culligan that is big enough to take care of the rust and hardness of my water. I was tired of everything turning red. I've heard that Kinetico is the best in the market. Ray, the guy I worked with took out the old unit and put in the new one. He also showed how to shut the thing off. And while it took a while for me to get with the program, I eventually got it. Since I had the Kinetico system installed, it got rid of the stink and the rust. Everything's taken cared of well. And although I'm very satisfied with my Kinetico unit, they should give their clients an incentive to push their product. They should also advertise more.

Hi Keith,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We truly appreciate hearing about our customers experiences and suggestions. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help.

You may contact us via phone or email.

Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: April 29, 2019

I knew that the softer water would be better to do laundry and not leave hard water around my sinks. I felt like the dishes would be cleaner, and that there would be less junk in water, including our drinking water. I did some research on Kinetico and Culligan, but I didn’t get a callback from Culligan, so that was a big deal there. I purchased a Kinetico water filtration system, and my experience has been wonderful. Everything was positive with everybody that I had worked with. I’m totally thrilled with the hook-up of it all and the professionalism when they were here. I’m satisfied. Since purchasing from Kinetico my dishes have looked shinier, clothes and towels have seemed to be softer, and my hair have felt so much better.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I was interested in having the best water possible and got a water softener from Kinetico. I wasn't interested in the free water test as I was interested in having the product installed, but they insisted on showing me how it works and what the difference is. However, in my previous house, I had a water conditioner with a standard time that it needs to drain, and the water there was a lot softer. Kinetico doesn't seem up to par with that previous system, but I didn't want to replumb the ground and have electricity put in. I'm a little disappointed, and it turns out to be the best thing I could have. I originally had a potassium filtration system, but I was going through that stuff so fast and it was so expensive that I had them convert it to salt. The water seems to be a little softer, but not as soft as I like it. But that's the price you gotta pay for not plumbing.

Original review: April 28, 2019

We talked to another company, and we weren't happy with what they were offering. The Kinetico rep, on the other hand, was very prompt in handling our original request, and their prices were a little cheaper. He came out and tested water. I had some concerns because somehow the heating oil got into all three wells and contaminated all of them, so we paid decently for a water system. But for every faucet that we wanted to have purified water, it would cost additional money, so we just went with the kitchen. The other waters we can bathe but we can only drink out of one faucet, which is in the kitchen. But that is fine.

Kinetico made sure that they were able to get the system installed quite rapidly. The gentleman that installed the system and did the manual labor was topnotch. But right after we had the system installed, we were disappointed because we started getting the sulfur smell. We were not apprised of the fact that the system that we put in would not handle both purification and the sulfur. Had they told us that at the onset, we would have seen what kind of deal we worked out to get to both systems.

This is my dad's home, but at 88 we can't leave him by himself. We spend a lot of time in New York, but we were here eight months last year dealing with this fuel spill. We just got back into town last Friday, and now, I'm starting to deal with the eggy smell. I put baking soda and vinegar down each of the sinks because the sulfur smell or the egg smell is bad. My dad, meanwhile, wants to install something to take care of the smell. It's embarrassing because we had someone come in to lay carpet yesterday and we had to open up all of the doors in the basement because it smells so horrible. Now, we're looking at spending another $3,500 this year to have a sulfur system put in.

The filter works and it's purifying something because it was filthy when we changed it. But a few days after we changed it, it was filthy again, so we know that it is trapping some of whatever's coming through the water system. But we've had the Kinetico system for a year now, and overall, we're pleased with it. We see that there is purification of the water and it's an easy, working system. We also know how to do what we have to do to change the filters.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We had really hard water and it was bad. We heard about Kinetico through a friend who has the system. We also have a friend who's a plumber and he highly recommended a saltwater system. I went with Kinetico and setting up for my appointment with them was a good experience. The installation thereafter was perfect. Now, I've got Kinetico's saltwater tank downstairs with the two barrels and we also have their reverse osmosis system. Now, our water is softer and it's definitely of better quality. I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We used to have a Kenmore softener which worked fine but I was aware of Kinetico. I work in a chemical plant and one of the units there have soft water for one of the chemicals made. We have rows of Kinetico there and I knew how much better quality they are. Kenmore was five times cheaper. But although Kinetico was priced as hell they're way better quality than Kenmore and others I've seen, so they should be higher.

A guy from Starkey Water Softening came to install my water softener and did a good job. He had all the stuff and was able to do it not even a day. We have had Kinetico for a long time and it is perfect. When I first tried soft water it was slimy to me but then I realized that I could use less soap. I got used to it and it was not really slimy and I’m just not all dried out. I like soft water and now I cannot stand the feeling of hard water when I go to my son’s house to shower.

Hi John,

Thank you for the kind words about Kinetico. We love to hear stories from our customers so we can constantly be improving ourselves. If there is ever anything we can do for you please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Sincerely,

The Kinetico Customer Support Team

Original review: April 25, 2019

I built a new house and I wanted to deal with the sediment and the hard water right up front before it started to mess up fixtures and damage appliances. I already started to have a bit of issue with the ice maker I have because of the hard water. I got a water filtration system from Kinetico as I was more comfortable with their system than some of the other filtration systems. I also had heard about the vendor as being one of the better vendors and having one of the better systems in the area from one of the consultants I worked with for my house. The installation took one day. I definitely don’t have some of the sediment issues anymore and I am happy with the system so far.

Kinetico Company Information