It's that easy Request Information
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

830 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 29, 2019

My new house has hard water and I started researching water softeners. I googled and a friend told me about Kinetico. The rep was very informative and the interaction with the installation team was very good. They were able to get it installed quickly. Since having Kinetico, I I haven't noticed the issues that we had at our previous house such as a lot of calcium buildup on our faucets.

Original review: March 28, 2019

We got hard water where we lived and we were looking for a water softener. We called a couple of people to come look at it and Kinetico was the best. They were more reasonably priced and there was no electrical hook-up with them. The reps were all pleasant and the installers got the installation done. Since we had Kinetico, the water looks good now and I would recommend them. They did a good job and we like them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

From my initial phone call to Martins Water all the way through until my one month follow up visit, I was incredibly impressed! I appreciated how thorough each person I came into contact was. I was overwhelmed never having a water softener system before and they put my mind at ease every time.

Original review: March 27, 2019

We got a hard water so I got a water softener system from Kinetico. I’ve used them in the past and I’ve liked the products. The rep came out when I needed him to, and had everything ready to go. He seemed to know what he was doing and talking about. He was pretty knowledgeable. Since having the system we've had less hard water spots on our dishes. I can feel the difference in the water as well when taking the shower.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We have Kinetico's softening system as well as their drinking water system. The installers who came to our house were on time and very clean. They did a very good job and everything went well. The first softener we had was terrible and Kinetico's has been a much better product. It's basically bullet-proof! For maintenance, I just add salt to it. I've talked up Kinetico to everybody I talked to about the water softener.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: March 22, 2019

We had Kinetico in a prior house we lived in for 20 years. We had both the clean and saltwater systems before. We also acquired a Kinetico soft water system and drinking water station in our new house. I like the low salt use in the water softener. We think that the pressure is better with the Kinetico. I also feel like the taste and clarity are better than they were. Setting an appointment with Kinetico was great. The people I spoke with were very friendly and helpful. The installation team was also very professional. They did a great job, explained all the aspects of the system to me and left their area clean.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We bought a new house and I was looking for reports for a good system when I found Kinetico online. A representative came to my house and demonstrated the product. He did an excellent job. Then the installation happened as promise, even a little before actually, so it went well. We got the water softener and the reverse osmosis and they're working as expected. Our water is now soft and tastes good.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have had a Kinetico for a long time and it's a good system. I got a reverse osmosis system and a water softener from them. Installing the system was smooth and it didn't take very long.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchased a softener from Kinetico, who I decided to go with when their dealer showed up. Setting up an appointment with them was good and their reps were very easy to work with. I had very good interactions with their installation team as well. With the Kinetico system, the water is much softer.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We just had a new house and we live in a lake so we wanted to have the water softener and purification system in there. My wife wanted to have soft water and we also like good drinking water. I saw Jerry, the sales guy, and I took one of his brochures and started researching Kinetico. I seemed to like him too. He is very conscientious. When we had a couple of issues, he was right out there, making sure that it went well. I ran into a couple problems, Kinetico took care of those right away and Jerry even came out on his own afterwards which was impressive. So I felt very happy. Somehow, one of our pipes got cut in the installation and we had some water come in but they got it stopped in time. It didn’t damage too much. Now that the system has been installed, the water tastes a lot better than what I’ve been used to over the years in my other locations. I’m very happy at this point.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Kinetico is the best type of water softener out there because of the way it works. I researched that extensively 25 years ago and the way it works is just the way it should be. I had a Lindsay before. It was their most expensive one but it was crap. It lasted about 10 years but it needed a lot of work. On the other hand, I had had my Kinetico unit for 25 years before I called to have it analyzed. The representative who came out was really friendly and very helpful too. I liked him really well. He seemed to know what he was doing because he had been working on it for quite a while. Then he clearly laid out my options. I could recondition the old one or I could replace it. So it was totally up to me. There was no pressure.

I probably should have just reconditioned the old one but I decided to replace it and a different guy came out for the installation. That guy was a plumber and he knew what he was doing. I could tell by the way he used his tool and the tools that he had that he was a professional. He installed the water softener very well and it passed inspection very well too.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We have a lake house with well water in it and it has a Sulphur smell so we recently purchased a water softening tanks, Sulphur tanks and reverse osmosis system from Kinetico. That was our second purchase. We have it at our main house in Omaha and now we have it at our lake house. I like the people, the brand name and I think of it as a quality product. Their sales rep was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. But the look of the equipment was what really made me pleased - the tanks and the fitting, the valves. It’s something that I’m proud of. The installation experience was perfect. However, instead of using clear or white tubing like they did in our Omaha home, they used a yellow, kinda old-looking tubing, which made them look old from the start and I’m not happy with that. It looked like they grabbed something out of the back of the garage. That was my only dissatisfaction.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We had an iron filter installed three years ago in our house with well water in Ontario Canada. About a year later the water pressure would suddenly drop. The service technician said there was sand in the filter valve and advised we also install a prefilter housing and use 5 micron filters which we spent over $500 to have fixed. We change the filter every three weeks or so. Last night the water pressure was fine but this morning suddenly there was no water at all. We bypassed the Kinetico Iron filter and the water pressure was fine again.

There is clearly a problem with the unit. Calling our Kinetico dealer we got the same answer, get a technician in and pay $120 for the call then we can diagnose the issue, and it could be sand again. Well, when they came in did a water test before the initial installation there was no mention of sand or any issues we were advised of. This unit has been nothing but a problem and we are expected to pay for service calls again to try and diagnose an issue which we believe is with the unit, perhaps we have a lemon unit. Highly frustrating experience.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We had too hard a water and I wanted to get the best water I could. A guy I work with said he had water softener system from Kinetico so I went with that. Their reps put it in and the experience was okay. At this point, I’m hoping that the water quality is good. I'll just assume that the filtration system is okay. I don’t test it and I don’t have any way of testing it. Nevertheless, with the water softener, the water is softer. You can really tell the difference between hard and soft water.

Original review: March 13, 2019

We had bad water and it started to smell like sulfur really bad. We have two little boys so we decided we better do something. We called around to find the best deal on a water system for our house and Kinetico Water Systems was what we came across with. The guy I dealt with at Walsh’s Water Treatment Service out of Torrington did a really good job. He’s been super helpful whenever we needed anything. The installer took a little while to get all the stuff together. We had ordered the parts and the installation was fast and easy once he got everything here. Since the system has been installed, the water doesn’t smell anymore. And my oldest son who has eczema really bad, his skin has totally cleared up. The rep came out one day just to make sure the system is working right, but we haven’t had any issues. It’s a good system. We recommended it and our neighbor had one put in too not too long ago.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We lived in Ohio for many years and we got a Kinetico system there. So, when we moved to Nebraska, we decided that we’d just go with the same system. Kinetico's customer service reps were very helpful and easy to work with. They came out right away. They sent somebody to kinda do a demo to test the water and gave us the information on the product. Then, on the installation side, it all went very smoothly. Everything was on time and done very professionally. We got a softener with reverse osmosis system this time and it's going fine. Our water is definitely a lot softer today than it was.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I'm on my second water softener from Kinetico. Great product, but the plumbers are very messy. I'm very frustrated with their service. They come out and cut lines or disconnect them and water goes everywhere and they don't even care. I've had more water damage because of their plumbers than I have had with two water heaters going out. The water has gone under my walls into the next room and it's taken me days to clean up. I should have called a disaster cleanup company and billed Kinetico. This will be my last service with them. When this system goes out I'll be going to another brand/company. You can rest assured that I'll be questioning them about their service and plumbers!! Keep a shop-vac and plenty of towels handy when they come out. They just don't care where the water goes nor how much of it goes.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Our well water here is bad. I got a drinking station, filter and water softener from Kinetico. I like the products, the setup and the features that they offered like not needing power at the station. The guy who worked with us was really nice and helpful. He went through everything and spent a lot of time with us. I had some questions about Radon, and he went the extra mile. He had investigated it and got back to us. The technician who came out here explained everything to us. Since I purchased my Kinetico system, the flavor of the water is definitely better.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I had a bunch of problems with bacteria and I wanted to have a water softener. I researched and heard that Kinetico has a good warranty and that they last. I liked the Kinetico System and the fact that they have two tanks. I’ve had the Kinetico system since August and I just add salt from time to time which is easy. I just pour it in a bin. Also, my experience in dealing with their reps was perfect. Kinetico is more money than the rest but I get what I pay for and I’m very happy with it. It was a great experience.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We had some water spots and hard water stains, so we got a Kinetico water softener. Setting up the appointment with Kinetico was simple as pie and the local company that we use here were the ones who put the system in.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Our water here in Ceresco is really bad. It tasted like crap and it was high in nitrates. Ernie's up here sells Kinetico products and we've walked through there many times. We've had Kinetico for 40 years in total, and this time, I got a Kinetico water softener for the whole house. They are more expensive, but we figured in the long run, it would be worth it. I've always had good rapport with the reps, and as for maintenance of my system, all I ever do is put salt in it. It's unlike our other system which wasn't quite as good as this one because we went through a lot of salt with that. The Kinetico system hardly uses any salt and it's much more efficient. It is a good product.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We have well water and hard water, and we were getting stains on toilets. The people at Ernie’s in Ceresco told us that Kinetico was better than the Culligan one. Then they installed it for us. We've had Kinetico for years now and we don’t have any stains on our sinks and toilets. It's gotten better.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We redid our house and decided we didn't want all of our new appliances to ruined by hard water. We heard about Kinetico Water Systems in Ernie’s In Ceresco. We went there and then thought the Omaha operation would be better to use. We had a good experience setting up our appointment. They were good to work with for that. However, besides the hard water test, they were supposed to get us more samples of the test for our water to see what we had in it. They never got back to us on that. Other than that, everything worked well. We bought the water softener and the installation process was good. I wish however that the system had a clear plastic cover instead of a solid one, so I can tell if it's full or not. Still, I'm happy with it. I noticed that the hard water stains have gone away.

Original review: March 1, 2019

When we built a new house, the builder didn't put a water softener in. We always had a water softener in homes before so we knew what we liked. My father-in-law has a system from Kinetico and we got one from them too. There was an initial consultation and when we were ready a couple of months later, we called and scheduled an appointment. The sales rep was knowledgeable and the installers who came out were courteous. The installation of the water softener was easy and it only took the installers one morning. The system is simple and they told me what I needed to know. They also did a follow-up a little bit later to make sure everything's going well and now, I just make sure that the system is filled with salt. There's a big difference in soft and hard water, such as the soap goes a lot longer, and since having the system, we've noticed it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I like the Kinetico water softener a lot. It's a great deal. It doesn’t need electricity and it doesn’t use a lot of salt. The installation went smoothly too. I've had it for about a year and a half now and I haven’t even had to replace anything for maintenance. It works awesome. I’ve definitely had a lot less hard water stains and used a lot less soaps. It's really nice.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Kinetico has always taken care of me and I've always relied on them. I had one water softener and when it finally gave up, my husband, who was a master plumber years ago, said I got my 40 years out of it. When I got a new one, the gentleman who came to put it in was the one who had serviced my Kinetico a couple of times before that in many years. So I have no qualms with them. They treated me very fairly and well.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The house we bought already had Kinetico installed. It was an older version of the Kinetico system but we upgraded when a rep came to do some repairs on the water softener system. He had to come out several times to fix the water softener as a seal inside the head of the softener was not working properly and would constantly run. He took the head apart and replaced some parts. But it started doing the issue again so he brought another part out and it’s been working ever since. Also, prior to where we had them come out, the system was really noisy and I did not hear it run anymore. Whatever the rep did fixed the problem. I can hear it click on but it’s not as noisy as it was before.

With the old system, we get about a pitcher of water and then the water pressure would completely drop off and we have to wait for it to rebuild the water supply. Now that we upgraded to the new style pressurized system, we get more water out of it. We have been in the house for three years and our water is really nice and soft. It seems to work fine.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

The water is really hard in the town I live in but Kinetico has been good. I would recommend them to a friend. It was really easy to set up an appointment and it went well. The salesman came over and looked at things. Then the next day, he came over and installed the water softener and the reverse osmosis while I was at work. He did a good job. The water doesn’t leave the hardness on the shower head now. It's good.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

This review may be a bit different. I purchased our Kinetico filter in 1989 for our 4000 sq ft farm house, at the time out water heater was clogged with hard water deposits and I was going to replace it. Eighteen years later we sold the farm and the hot water heater was still going strong, free of deposits. Soft water is a strange feeling but you soon get used to it and miss it when it is gone. Now I need one for our house in Idaho if they are affordable.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I've heard of the Kinetico Water Systems ads for years on a local sports talk and just looking at the product and doing some research on the internet, it looked like it is a quality product. I bought a water softener and another filtration system to take out the chlorine and chemicals from the water. We've had them for several months and we enjoy it very much. The water in our area is very hard, so going to soft water has been wonderful. I would tell my friends to go with Kinetico. They won't regret it.

Kinetico response

HI Louis,

We certain appreciate the endorsement and wish you many years of great water!

Kinetico Company Information