4.6/5 (267 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

The installers came right in and knocked it out. I had the water pipe burst one winter but they came out and fixed it. When people come visit, we get good compliments about the system and I'm happy to show them. The upkeep is minimal. I just gotta keep salt in it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The purchase and installation all went pretty smoothly. I maintain the system myself. With it, I have soft good water. My daughter likes it a lot and sometimes, she would come over and take a bath. There was a time when I had an issue and the techs kept coming out and doing something then coming back. That went on for a little while before Kinetico figured it out. They had to change out the head on top of the unit.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We purchased the mid-high level Kinetico system for about $1,500. We've had it for about four years and it's been great. My wife's allergies are a lot better. We also have the water package with the three different biofilters for purification. We had one issue with it, but it was under warranty and our installer took care of it. It's been working great. This product has made a big difference in my wife's quality of living. We're very happy with it. We're planning to build a home in Thibodaux in about three years, and we will invest in another system.

Kinetico response

Hi Toddy,

Thanks for your time. Improving people's lives through better water is our goal!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: July 31, 2021

When I first bought my house six years ago, the water was not really good. It tested with all kinds of contaminants. So I called this company in New Orleans and they came out and tested the water and I bought the Kinetico system. It was 7,000 bucks and I've been really pleased with it. The only thing I have to do is maintain the salt outside in the little container. Then once a year, the company that sold me the water system comes out and replaces the filters and changes the UV lights. It's about $300 a year to maintain it. The water seemed to be softer and it really has no taste at all. It's clear. Getting the system is one of the best decisions I ever made. Everybody comes over to the house and just goes on and on about the water.

Original review: July 30, 2021

The techs come to replace the filters when they're needed and I haven't had any issues with them. But the filters are very expensive. Every time we need to have the filters replaced, it's around $250. The system itself is really expensive too compared to others that I've had in the past at other houses. But overall, the quality of our water is good. I was getting bottled water before I got the system. So the convenience of having water straight out of the tap is better than having to lug water jugs.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I got a three-part filtration system and the quality of the water is better with it. It's convenient and the water tastes better. It's a little pricey but it's a good product.

Original review: July 28, 2021

The people from Kinetico were nice but they were very off personally. The guy came to my house in a full-blown suit which was weird. Then, he walked in my garden on my plants and I didn't like that. My neighbor and I were comparing prices and the rep was doing special prices for different people and he was also throwing in a cruise if you referred a friend. The cruise was a complete sham.

I was thorough with how I wanted the system installed 'cause I saw how the neighbors had theirs installed. There were little bitty things like when they drilled through my cabinets and then left all the wood shavings in there and then shoved everything back in the cabinet. That bothered me and I was a little annoyed. Also, the system affected the water pressure in my refrigerator and that never got fixed.

But Kinetico's product is good and I'm happy with it. The bin that contains the salt could be a bit sturdier though because it tends to warp if you fill the pellets. It makes me uneasy having plastic sitting out in the sun. It's not gonna hold up long term. Other than that, my water tastes better and my hair and skin are a lot softer since having the system installed.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Kinetico sent out representatives to work with me and they installed it in one day. It was pretty simple. So far, I've been dealing with them. They came out a few times to change a few of my filters and I haven't had any issues with them up to this part. The system is a little pricey. But other than that, I like it.

Kinetico response

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the review! Please let us know what we can do to earn 5 stars!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: July 27, 2021

The initial interaction with Kinetico was okay. The challenge came with servicing as the techs are not very polite. They just show up at the house and it's not good at all. It's a shame because I haven't been able to find somebody else that works for Kinetico in New Orleans. It's the same rude guy every time we have to make a phone call. Then, they cancel my appointment. It's like pulling teeth and I wish that there was another person who could come service my system. The problem is the person servicing in the local market. Other than that, my system is fine.

Original review: July 27, 2021

The system was moved from my old house to my new house. It works. We're satisfied.

Kinetico Company Information