4.4/5 (214 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The Kinetico system works fine. You don't taste anything when you drink the Kinetico water.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I have a Kinetico water softener and I also have the drinking water system. The system is very simple, you just put salt in the tank when it needs to be replaced.

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks for appreciating the design! Wishing you years of great water!

Kinetico Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I like the excellent reviews of Kinetico and the fact that it does not use any electricity and has two tanks. It’s more environmentally sound by not backflushing on a timer, only backflushing when it's needed. The installers were also remarkably good. The price was high but acceptable. They were exceedingly professional and did everything properly. There were no leaks. It all went very well. Kinetico also makes much higher quality products than Culligan. You will not be disappointed with choosing Kinetico.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

The installation of our Kinetico took half a day. It was not complicated. But there were some guys that were being trained. So that process didn't go as smoothly. They probably weren't as clean as they should have been. But I'd recommend Kinetico. The hardness of our water was gone and the smell was gone, too.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

Good Water installed our Kinetico system. However, the person who installed it made some mistakes and caused a lot of water damage. But as far as the system, we got an under-sink water system and it is very good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

We've had the Kinetico system for four years now. That's the only water I drink and use for cooking. I wanted it so much that we even put the spigot in the kitchen for drinking water. So they hooked it up to my refrigerator. If I want water out of the refrigerator or against it, it's filtered. Then it's also filtered to the sink. It was a little more complicated for them to hook it up that way. But that's what I wanted. So that was what they did.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Your business model is terrible for the end user. Dealers in Houston are terrible. Infinity Installed system incorrectly. During a warranty repair this was identified. Replacing an in warranty broken bypass valve the attempted to remove it and install cheap ball valves. Warranty is to replace with same or better parts. This is theft. Had I not caught them they would have done this. Not until I showed them the warranty paperwork did they put in the correct parts. The other dealer in Houston will not come to North Houston. So your end users are stuck with Infinity. We have 2 of these systems. I also have referred this to a local friend who installed this system. I can no longer recommend this product or your company.

Kinetico response

We are sorry we were not able to bring this matter to a satisfactory resolution. These concerns were born during the height of supply chain issues and employee shortages through all industries.

You have made an investment into your water that is anticipated to last for years. We can only hope that moving forward your confidence will be regained with any possible additional service needs you may have.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Setting up our appointment with Kinetico was very well done and the rep was good. I’ve been working with them to have a yearly inspection. Plus, there was an issue with a valve that, when the system would activate, it would hum and vibrate. The reps were able to figure out what that was. But it took quite a number of trips to figure it out because it didn't happen all the time. We were using the water and it would hum and you could hear it all through the house. Then, it would subside. We recorded the noise and sent it to them and that helped in isolating the issue. The reps found out that something was improperly installed when it was done in October 2019. The installation team was good but the guy was supposed to leave an owner's manual or get us one and he didn't. I had to go online and get it. But other than that, they did a good job troubleshooting that problem.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I've had three Kinetico systems in the past. I'm working on my fourth installation for the treatment system to provide the best water in my house.

Wow! Thanks Brad! We appreciate you

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I have the Kinetico water softener and reverse osmosis system. The water is nice to wash clothes and take showers with. The soft water gives a little bit more suds when washing hair and it doesn't leave the skin feeling dry. Also, with reverse osmosis, it’s really good drinking water without having to purchase bottled water. It saves money in that regard but there are expenses for upkeeping it. There are some intricate filters that have to be changed one to two times a year.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Our experience wasn't great with Kinetico. We had to have them come back several times over a year and a half. Kinetico RO is still intact and still working pretty decent. But we probably need to get some new filters. But our Kinetico contact moved on to his own system and the company got sold locally to somebody else. So I don't know where we stand.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for this feed back.

We show your products were installed in 2017 by Good Water Systems. They are still able to service your Kinetico products. You can also have service from Advanced Water Systems. We are certain either will welcome the ability to assist you.

Please feel free to connect with Kinetico Customer Support at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I've had Kinetico for five years now. First of all, I've got a carbon filter on my entire water system. Subsequently to that, a year later, I bought a soft water system. The Kinetico rep was excellent. His first name is Troy. He was a nice guy and explained everything to me. We had a leak, and he came back on a Saturday and fixed it right away. I was impressed with that. As far as the carbon filter goes, it's hard to notice a difference. But we didn't have any cloudiness in the water. You also didn't taste anything and that didn't take that long. Then, the soft water was almost immediate. I'd recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I've used Kinetico for several years. It's a good system. Troy and the crew have been pleasant to work with. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The system worked well. We got a whole house system in addition to the drinking water system. We had top satisfaction. We were experiencing some mineral staining in the tubs and the toilets, and that completely went away. We had to change the filter, and that varied based on the variations that we experienced in our well.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Some of our maintenance issues have decreased compared to our old water. So the system must be working okay. But my biggest complaint is the salt. Somehow it turns into one big rock in a tank and we're constantly having to do maintenance on it.

Hi Geoffrey,

We are sorry to hear of the issues with the salt bridges. Unfortunately, this is really more site related than it is brand related.

If it's possible to keep the temperature and humidity around the salt tank consistent, that helps. You can also fill the tank just 1/2 way rather than full.

Please check back with your installer for other tips they may have found to be of value based on their experience in the area.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

It's a good system. It’s worth doing because it will increase your health. I've noticed that I get better water. The water tastes better and it doesn’t have minerals in there that can make you feel bad. The upkeep of the system is really easy. I just add a little bit of rock salt once every two months.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I got Kinetico back when I bought my home from the neighborhood association. The home had a water softener in it. The water was soft but they tested the water. They had this drinking water, and all of it was hooked in together, and the drinking water was no good. I ain't satisfied with the payment plan, though. I've been paying for it for five years. The system cost me $5,000 and they say I still owe 3,500. I don't get it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I'm not really happy with Kinetico and I never have been. I don't like the way it works. It makes a lot of noise. It uses a lot of water. It's running half the time. Then nobody ever calls to make sure that I have enough salt.

Hi Sandra,

Is the management team of LTM Water aware of these concerns? We'll reach out to them to have them follow up with you.

Kinetico offers the Kinex Salt Monitor which will notify you and your dealer when your softener is ready to have salt added. We'll suggest that they review the Kinex salt monitor and the Kinetico apps with you.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

In my first home in Rockford, I did my research about water softeners and systems for reverse osmosis and I came across Kinetico. I liked the fact that it did not require any electricity and that it was highly effective. There was a price that you have to pay extra but the system worked like a charm. It was worth it and I'm highly satisfied.

When we were building our first house, the builder wanted to place a different system for water softener. But after he installed everything related to Kinetico, that was the system he had been trying to use for every single deal he made. He was impressed with our system. When I moved to the area where I live now, I didn't have any doubt and I just got a new Kinetico system for drinking, reverse osmosis as well as water softener.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

We've had two Kinetico systems. The first one was replaced. With Kinetico, I don't have hard water now. Sometimes the system has to be cleaned out or it stops using salt but the upkeep has been easy.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Our Kinetico water system was installed four years ago, and any time we have issues, they come out and fix them, ‘cause we rent it. It cycles through itself and it’s maintenance-free. Our water tastes good. It doesn't have any weird taste to it, and it's nice and clear. Our toilets are clean and clear too. I would tell friends that they should stop shopping around and just to go with Kinetico because it's very reliable.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The vendor has been responsive but I'm not happy with the Kinetico system. Always, after it charges, we get a saline taste in the water. They've been out here three times, made adjustments, thought it was fine but they can't seem to fix it. I'm tired of calling and having them out here. My recourse will be to replace it with a different product in the next few years.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

We had purchased an RO system in Rockford so we already knew we wanted an RO system here. We like the RO system and the water softener. They do a good job. We would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

We have a 20-foot well that we didn't use anymore where it’s right in the backyard. They filled it up and put extra dirt on top. If it's settled, it has dirt to take care of it. However, that mound of dirt is not settling very fast. I'm wondering if we should start leveling it out or not. Other than that, I'm happy with the system. I'd highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

The installation team was good. I've had Kinetico for years, and our water is softer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

My experience with the Kinetico rep was good, and I'm happy with the system. The upkeep is minimal, and our water’s a lot better now. It's easier on our appliances, shower and faucets. Also, when the reverse osmosis had a manifold go bad, they fixed it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

The installation team was fantastic. We have had Kinetico in the last four houses we've owned, and we've always loved their product. So every time we have bought a new house, we've put Kinetico in.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The people from Mohr Soft Water here in Red Bud, Illinois have a good reputation for the products that they sell and they recommended Kinetico. Red Bud, Illinois is notorious for having subpar water. We got the whole shebang from Kinetico. We have the drinking water carbon filter business and the whole house water softener treatment system. Our water is clean now that we have Kinetico. It doesn't have an odor. It's just what you want. It's soft. Previously, we had a system that took electricity from the whole house system. The Kinetico system does not use electricity, which is a plus.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Working with Kinetico went pretty well. My only complaint with them would be that for a while, the filtration cartridges were hard to come by. If someone was to ask me what I thought about the system, it's great. The only thing is that the filtration cartridges are fairly overpriced.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Our Kinetico system keeps everything a lot cleaner. The water is usable now to where before, it wasn't and you can drink it now. The upkeep of the system has been really simple. My nine-year-old daughter could do it. We keep the salt in the system and change filters. The salt depends on the water usage, and we change the filter once a month.

Kinetico Company Information