4.5/5 (285 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

The installation was great and it’s like night and day compared to my city water since I've had the system. My water tastes like spring water.

Great news Nick! Enjoy!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

The installation went well and quick. The team who did it was excellent.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

The Kinetico rep who did a presentation was a very nice, young man and he was very thorough. Also, the installation team was fantastic. Everything was great. We had hard water before so we were getting hard water stains on everything and now, we don't.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

I've always had problems with the iron in our water. Now that I’m using the softener, I don’t get near the discoloration in the showers and in the sinks. In maintaining the system, I just put in 120 pounds of salt every three weeks and make sure the timer is right. I change it when it changes to daylight savings time so it’s cycling while we’re sleeping. I’m happy with Kinetico. They might want to have somebody come out and check it to make sure that reverse osmosis is doing its thing because that services our ice machine and drinking water.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Kinetico got a better product so I purchased their whole water system and it's been great.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

There's a sponge that when it gets wet, it stops working. So, just having an access of a supply of that is necessary. Also, I wish Kinetco gave a larger unit to put in the garage. And the add the mineral, so you can get the alkaline water, would be also an improvement for my household. Other than that, I like Kinetico. Having the assurance that it is safe to drink makes it a lot better. Now that we have the Kinetico, it gives us a little safety precaution that the water is going through the filtration system to clean up some of those minerals, some other deposits, those ones that were toxic.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I set up both my Kinetico systems on my own. I've had the local guys come out and repair it when needed, and everything's been fine. I've noticed a considerable difference in the quality and taste of my water. But if you don't have a friend that owns a Kinetico, it’s very, very expensive. I don't know that I would buy one without him, based upon cost compared to everybody else who can do the same thing for half the price.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Customer service was pretty good. A guy named Jeremy came by, tested my water at the house, and showed us his product. They did what they said and I like the system.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I've had trouble with Kinetico and their reps. Last year, they told me I needed something, and it ended up being almost $1,000, but my water still hasn't changed. I get this black stuff in my toilet that I have to take a pumice stone to get off. I got all this equipment on the side of the house, and Kinetico couldn't tell me anything. They said it's the city water. But my neighbors and I are all on the same water. Why do I have all this equipment on the side of the house? What I have out there is not helping me. I would never use Kinetico again. They just keep trying to sell me stuff. I've put out $4,000 for this thing and it's not worth a toot.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I have Kinetico in both my Florida and Pennsylvania homes. Installation was great, and the water tastes good. There’s a big difference between public water and this water. It’s clean water.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

My water was hard and I remember having the Kinetico system before on another house. It seemed to correct my water problem now. Overall, I like that Kinetico offers the service where the guy comes out and fixes the lid off.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Since having Kinetico installed, the water has improved and the hydrogen sulfide smell is gone. But I've had two repairs done to it that have cost me a significant amount of money and I'm not happy. I'd love somebody to follow up because spending $400 to repair a system that's just over two years old is really disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

When I had Kinetico, my water didn't smell as much as the regular water. The system is good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I haven't had any trouble with Kinetico. It's been good so far.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

I had a good experience. The team showed up when they were supposed to and they got out quickly. So, I was happy. Water has been fine since I've had the system.

Thanks Greg!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The people at Kinetico are all right. Joe is a pretty cool guy. But it seems like every time I order something for the system, it's always wrong. Other than that, it's a good product and I'm happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

My water had a funky smell and it was doing something to my water heater. When they pulled the rod out, they could see all kinds of stuff caked on it. With the Kinetico, I don't notice a big difference in the water. I don't smell anything but I still get the pink thing around the showers. But the system is okay. All it does is soften the water.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

The team at Kinetico is great and they’re very nice. We couldn’t stand the water down here in Marshallberg, North Carolina and Kinetico changed it completely.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Every year we have a person come in and put new filters in our system, check it out and make sure it's okay. We're very satisfied with the Kinetico. The system is as good as any other.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I had an issue with pressure for the first year where it was not good. My water guy looked at it and the system was plumbed wrong. The installers had the wrong-sized pipes, which I was very upset with. I got Kinetico to check it out and they told me they will give me a quote to repair it. Then, they had to figure out who's gonna pay for it because their technician installed it and he did it wrong. They called me back shortly later and said there will be no charge. They came to fix it properly and the issue was resolved. It was a major issue and they made it right. Also, customer service is good. I had some filters that were paid for that I forgot about. I went to get new filters and their rep gave me extra filters to cover that. That was cool.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

The installers went in quick, but I wasn't too impressed. The local company that has this territory sent out a technician who wasn't that experienced and it was the first time. The supervisor had another job to do, so he had to leave this guy. This guy installed the Kinetico unit, and it didn't operate correctly for two years until I called for a maintenance appointment. At that point, they informed me that this and that was wrong with it, and I said, "Well, that was from the original install." They said, "Oh, no, wouldn't have happened." I said, "Oh, yes, it did," then I told them, "You had a guy here that wasn't really experienced doing it and the supervisor had to leave." They said, "Too bad, you got to pay for it. We're not gonna cover it."

I spent $5,000 and got crummy service afterwards. In fact, they penalize me now. They say, "Well, you have to sign up for our annual maintenance contract," and I go, "No, I don't." They said, "Well, if you don't, it's gonna cost you even more if we have to ever come out. It's gonna be like $225 just to come out." I'm going, "Goodbye." I'm just over it. I still have a unit, which is not working that well. The water tastes terrible, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about it right now. There's only one company in the area and I'm not gonna go back to those people, because they were bordering on rude to totally not customer-oriented and not very helpful.

Hello Ken,

Most installers offer a 1 year service warranty. This is plenty of time to correct any possible installation errors.

We'll follow up with your installer to learn what they found at the service appointment and will touch back with you as is appropriate.

Kinetico Customer Support.

Ken, the dealer responds that they were contacted 2 years and 3 months after the installation for service. They billed $125 for a $200 call.

Please feel free to contact your dealer or Kinetico Customer Support at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com with any additional concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Florida has the hardest water. When I take a shower, I feel like I need another shower. However, when I'm done taking a shower with the water filtration system, I still feel like I'm soapy and my skin feels really smooth. But in reality, I'm just clean. Kinetico uses pressure to power the system, whereas most systems use electric.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

We set an appointment and the Kinetico reps showed up on time. I'm a repeat customer and I already knew what I wanted and didn't ask for a presentation. I got a a whole house water conditioner, and if I moved again, I'll use Kinetico in my next house.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

We liked the ease of the installation, the information that we were given at the time of installation, and how everything worked, and how to maintain the system in between services. My water was crunchy before, and after the system, it was no longer crunchy. Kinetico is the best.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Before, the water smelled and tasted pretty bad. But now with Kinetico, it's fine. I like it. Every couple of months, I check and throw a bag of salt in when it needs it. I highly recommend it. It's good.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Customer service is very good, and our water softening system overall improves using the water. It's softer, especially when you shower.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

When we lived in Cleveland, we had well water. We had Kinetico on our sink and we loved it. Down here, the water tastes like crap so we decided to get it. They appreciated us for being repeat customers. Everything was this and that and they put the system in. They come once a year to change the filters. They're a great company and from Newbury, Ohio, which is a suburb away from where I lived.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I live in Florida where we can be hurricane-prone sometimes, and because of the physics, Kinetico is a system that is 100% reliable. My first unit was installed in 1989 and I had that until 2019. The local distributor said I could have the tank rebuilt and it’d still function, but after 30 years, rather than just put a band-aid on something, I replaced it with a new system. It was installed two years ago and everything went smoothly.

Kinetico response

Great testimony John. That you for your brand loyalty.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

My wife loves our Kinetico system. We got a service contract with them. Everything they say they do, they do.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Kinetico has always been responsive to us. Also, it’s a non-electrical softener unit that is gentle on the amount of salt it uses, and it's on demand. I like all of that. I've had several other water softeners in other houses, and I like Kinetico the best. We were remodeling and they very freely came back and put the RO system in at a much later time. I have it on my refrigerator so that my ice and the water we drink and cook with comes out of the refrigerator. It’s a single source, which is handier for us. Florida water stinks, but my water has no odor and has much better taste.

Kinetico Company Information