Learn More

4.5/5 (241 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: June 3, 2021

Everything's doing good with our Kinetico. It's been working. We had good customer service except for one time. But they got rid of him because he never came back.

Original review: June 2, 2021

I had a conversation over the phone about the various systems and the one that met our needs the most and then, they gave us an assortment of matching fixtures that we could choose from. It was pretty flawless. They came in and installed our whole system, part of it in the garage. We also got the softener with that. They walked us through after everything was installed. We've had two issues with itself and the first one wasn't even an issue. I've realized that the salt level after about a year, had not moved down.

I called them. They came out and tested our whole system, showed me the test results, said "It's working, it's just very efficient." They made sure everything looks good and double-checked everything free of charge and that was a great interaction. The second one was when at the end of the year, our filtered water stopped working. I've forgotten that we would have to replace those filters. They came. We had to pay for the filters and then, they installed them, tested everything, showed us the test results and everything was good. I haven't had an issue since. I'm happy with Kinetico's quick response.

Hi Bruce,

Kinetico is pleased to share our new Resource Center at Kinetico.com. Be certain to check the center any time you have questions regarding your products!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 28, 2021

I've been using Kinetico for years and I went with what I knew. I got a filter and a water softener. The installation wasn't the best in the world. The two guys that came out to do the installation are no longer with the company. They weren't very customer service-oriented. With the system in place, we have softer water.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I love Kinetico and the system's been great. I have trouble finding the liquid that I got to constantly put into it once a month but that's the only issue I have. I also haven't had to call them and that's always a good sign when you don't have to call people a lot. The last system I was on was City, but then I used a water softener with it and it had to keep up with it. And if the power went out, it didn't work. I live in a hurricane area, so we have power outages all the time during storms. So, if I lose power, I don't get my water softener for two weeks at best. But with the Kinetico system, it's powerless so everything works as it is. All in all, it is leaps and bounds over my old system.

Original review: May 22, 2021

We did a tour of homes one year and they had the ION water system, which is the Kinetico water system, in there. We really liked it. The gentleman that we worked with was very good. He explained everything to us, how it worked and how the set-up would be. The gentleman that was doing the installation was relatively new doing it. He had to make a couple of phone calls when he was doing it to see if this and that was right. But he did a good job and everything looks great. We have the whole house system plus the drinking water system and it's wonderful. It's very user-friendly and I love it. We have oil-rubbed bronze faucets throughout our house and we have no water spots on them. I recommend Kinetico to anybody who asked.

Original review: May 21, 2021

We had our Kinetico system installed right when we built the house. People have issues with hard water here but with Kinetico, we're not experiencing the stains and other things you would get with hard water. It's a good system. It doesn't use whole lot of salt and it's pretty much install it and forget about it.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I looked up some of the systems you could just buy through Home Depot or Lowe's, but I liked the idea of having someone local and buying from a small business that if I had additional questions, I could get a more personal experience. And overall, from some of the research I did, Kinetico seemed like the better system to go with. It was more expensive than some of the others, but it seemed long-term and worth it. Their reps were very informative and they laid out several different options of systems we could go through. They really explained clearly what the routine maintenance and long-term additional costs might be in terms of filters and salt. Then, when the techs came and installed the system, they were very thorough and cleaned up after themselves.

Since then, you can immediately taste the difference in the water and there's no aftertaste. We have to refill the salt in our system and there had been a couple times where I hadn't realized that it had gotten all the way down, the salt was gone, and I could immediately taste the difference. We've also gotten a new dishwasher and there are less hard water stains on the dishes. And with having soft water, I've noticed I don't have to use as much laundry detergent in my washing machine anymore. I also feel the soft water difference when I take a shower. All in all, I've recommended Kinetico to several people and I would continue to do so.

Hi Audra,

We appreciate your detailed explanation of why you chose Kinetico. It details what we strive to be. A customer's on-going, neighborhood source for water treatment.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 18, 2021

I had a system with Kinetico in California so I was aware of them. I called them, they came right out and did everything in one day. I got a water softener and the reverse osmosis under the sink. Everything has worked perfectly. Kinetico has the best system.

Original review: May 17, 2021

The guy from Kinetico did a really nice little presentation and everything was great for us. Before, the water in our house was ruining most of our light-colored clothes and it smelled bad. But since we got Kinetico, the water is not ruining my clothes and it doesn't stink anymore.

Original review: May 16, 2021

The rep who came out and talked to us was a nice young guy and he seemed to know what he was talking about. The installers gave us a date on when they were going to come out and they did it. Since the system was installed, the water is not as hard. There are some stains in the toilet bowl, but not near as bad as they were. We live in the country and have well water and the water softener has helped. We like that haven't had any issues and Kinetico helped our problem. It's fairly affordable, so people should do it.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the review. Sometimes, it takes time for the plumbing lines to clean out of build up. Be certain to check back with your installer after a month or two of installation. Our goal is completely soft, iron free water.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 15, 2021

I had the Kinetico system installed in the house right at the beginning. The water was hard up there and it was a brand-new house so I put it in so that I wouldn't crud up the pipes. The techs took care of everything they needed to take care of. Using the system was a good decision. It’s not inexpensive but in the long run, it saves you if you plan to be in a house for a long time, which I didn't end up being. Still, it was worth it.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Dealing with the reps was very good and everything the installers did was excellent. Since I've had the Kinetico system, we haven't been getting the hard water build-up that we had.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Dealing with the techs from Kinetico was pleasant. I had hard water and my appliances were getting clogged up with lime. I had the system installed and in the beginning, it was a lot better. But now, I need salt and I don't know where to get it from.

Original review: May 12, 2021

We've got real hard water and it was ruining appliances. So, we went ahead and invested in a water softener. Then, we also had a problem where our water would turn orange after a very heavy rain, so we got the iron filter to get rid of that too. We went with Kinetico for the convenience because they are right down the road and are four miles away. Plus, you really don't have any plug-ins to the system and it didn't have to have separate power. It's a pressure system, so we like that.

I had a bit of an issue with how the iron filter was supposed to be plugged in. The way the installer rigged it wasn't the best way and it kept tripping breakers. After multiple phone calls, I finally got him out there to fix it because it wouldn't work. But now, it's fine and it wasn't that big of a deal. It was just that I had to stay on top of the installer to come back and get it working right for me. All in all, the people that own this place are great and they're local. We're in a big town of 1,200 folks so, we got to support local businesses.

Hi Clay,

Thanks for sharing your experience and thanks for your patience with your dealer as he worked through the electrical issues!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 11, 2021

Kinetico's reps showed me how the water was clearer using their system and my experience with them has always been good. Since I got the unit, the water feels softer and doesn't leave residue around the water faucet.

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the review. Here's wishing you many years of great water.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 10, 2021

I was having sediment build-up and hard water issues. I got the water softening system from Kinetico and since then, I noticed a difference in the water. But about a month ago, it started getting hard water. The tech came out on Friday and fixed it for me. It turned out that there was a build-up of scum inside where the disk is on top and the disk wasn't the proper disk. So he had to put a different disk in to give me softer water and he was very good. He'd been out before and he's very experienced. He knows exactly what he's doing and he was there for about 25 minutes. Other than that, the unit never softened our water like we thought it should if compared to places I've been where the water is soft. And my wife was having issues with all of our towels being hard. But since they've put this new disk in, it's been better.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Kinetico is hands free and doesn’t need electricity. I've had them for over 20 years but I'm not as happy with the new system as I was with the old system. The new one uses too much salt and it’s regenerating every three or four days. The other system had larger tanks and it didn't eat up as much salt as this system does. I also got a lot of sulfur water. The Sulfur Guard I got is about 15 years old now and I'm not sure it's working right because it leaves a black residue in my PVC pipes going to the house. But as far as the people down in Florida that do the system, they've been great.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I'm in a new subdivision, so Kinetico's reps hooked up another house and I've had to have them back out shortly. The fault was some mud got in the waterline had held the head unit open. We had salty water on it, but they cleaned it and we haven't had any issues since then. A referral is the best feedback I can give and I liked Kinetico enough that I pushed four people to it now. One of the things I was trying to tell somebody the other day is how rarely I have to add salt to the machine. The guy told me he uses nine gallons of water per backflush, so my machine uses very little water and salt.

Original review: May 5, 2021

We had the worst water in the county. It was hard and there were lots of chlorine. It's over-treated because of manufacturing in the facility. My wife told me to get Kinetico. We have three of them installed and the last one was installed in the last house five years ago. Now, our appliances do not build up calcium on them.

Original review: May 4, 2021

My mom got the Kinetico system at her house and she had been really pleased and really pleased with the service. We got the system the year before COVID and it was in the winter. We had to reschedule a couple of times because it was crazy dumping rain around here, but they were great. They were easy, very professional, and did a great job installing the faucet on our counters. They've also been here once or twice to recharge the system. They call me, "We're going to be in your area. We're going to come by."

We live rural in South Georgia and the water has an enormous amount of sediment and lime in it. Our house is only four years old, but all of our faucets, dishwasher and other things were getting chugged up with the lime deposits. Now that we got a Kinetico system, I don't taste the difference, but after I boil the water, I don't have all the gunk in my coffee pot and in my tea pot.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you are being well cared for.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 3, 2021

Our Kinetico system is doing good. Our water's softer. I didn’t realize I first called the last guy who came out here to get the salt put in the thing. I was down to about three units left in the tank. He came out and filled it up. He was friendly and very courteous too. I'm happy with the system. My wife passed away Christmas Eve but she was happy with it till the end.

Original review: May 2, 2021

Kinetico has been perfect for us. It cleans the water and we no longer have stains in all of our appliances. The water is certainly a lot better. Beforehand, our water was red and it's no longer red. The only issue we had, and I reached out to the guy that installed it, was they changed up their suggested settings. We were getting a little bit of red water. It's like the filter wasn't lasting throughout the day. But once we updated those settings, it worked perfectly fine and hadn’t had any issue since.

Original review: May 1, 2021

It was a good experience with Kinetico. There was a noticeably cleaner water. There were no dirt particles or anything.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I stopped by Kinetico's outfit one day and spoke with them. I was pleased with the information and demonstration that they gave me that day. The rep asked if he could come to our home. He came and was very impressive. On the spot, we decided that we would go with the system. I live out in the country and I have a lot of lime. I was getting a lot of sediments in my commodes and sinks. No longer do I have that problem. In our shower there's the build up on the faucets, the showerhead and the door. There's some kind of hard plastic. Before, I scrub it every week. Now it's been taken care of. You take a rag, wipe it down and that's it. We use so much less dishwashing liquid now. We had such a buildup in our washing machine that I had to keep filters on them. Probably every two months, I would have to pull those off and clean them out. After we put Kinetico in, we no longer had that problem. It’s a real job off of me.

We love Kinetico and recommend it to anyone and everyone. The people that come are terrific. Shortly after I had that system put in, we had a storm come through. It blew my tank, my cover and my building. In the process of blowing it off, it busted several pipes. They came in and even the pipes that had nothing to do with their system, they replaced them for me at no charge.

Hi Glenn,

Wow! we are glad to hear the great results you are having with your water. Good water makes life easier!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: April 29, 2021

I'd had Culligan and it was better in some respects than Kinetico. The water was slimier and I like the slimier feel. But my husband hates it. He thinks that Kinetico is so much better. You don't have that slimy, soft water-ish feel. Kinetico is a lot easier than Culligan especially ‘cause it's easier with regards to installation. You don't have to worry about the electricity portion. It's also easier for maintenance and placement. However, we had calcium deposits and I don't think the system has resolved the issue completely. It's made it better but now we have a kind of a residual, yellowish kind of film.

Original review: April 28, 2021

This is the first time that we've seen somebody come out in a very long time so it was a very pleasant experience. The rep was approachable. I had salt that I had stockpiled because it's been a while since Kinetico had been out. He was very gracious to put in the old salt first then restocked my little pile that I've got going. He came around where we were when he got through and handed me my little invoice. It was very quick but very efficient. He said he would set us up every three months now.

I just put in a little above ground pool. When I took the water sample down for the pool company to work out my chemicals, they said they had never ever tested water that had zero calcium. They were amazed. They tested it four times. That means my water softener is doing what it's supposed to do. It’s awesome. I'm not cleaning my glass doors with a razor blade once a week now. All those little water spots on that glass door are calcium deposit. With the calcium being down, it's wonderful.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I love Kinetico. It’s a good product and well worth the money. The appliances, the shower and the fixtures are much easier to maintain. The water tastes fine. You can tell the difference in the taste. The maintenance of the system is so easy too. We've had to do nothing. We’re on a rotation with them to deliver the salt.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I am happy with the Kinetico system and the people who did it. They seemed to be fair and did what they said they were gonna do. I called for service and they told me what they could do to get the problem fixed. We had to get a pump replaced and it kept on pumping up sediment. They put the thing on there and everything worked fine. I have the clear color and no sediment in my water.

Original review: April 25, 2021

With Kinetico, there is less residue with my dishes and my skin is a lot softer. If others want a water softener, I would highly recommend Kinetico.

Hi Debbie,

We are glad you are enjoying your Kinetico water!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: April 24, 2021

I got it going into some restaurants that had these water treatments and the reverse osmosis. I’m a big tea drinker and I could tell a difference in the way their tea looked and tasted versus other people that did not have one. Since having Kinetico installed, I noticed I don't have the soap scum build up anymore. It seems like the laundry detergent goes a little bit farther. The water is a little bit softer. The coffee and tea and things that we cook with the water is a lot better. I've been very satisfied. In fact, I told one of my friends about it. He had a water treatment system several years ago and when we had the hurricane come up here, it messed it up. I talked to him about mine and he hired the same guy to come put him in one.

Kinetico Company Information