4.5/5 (272 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: March 17, 2022

The Kinetico sales guy explained the system well. The limited amount of salt that you'd have to use to take care of my problem, he guaranteed it. The water smelled like metal. I had a ton of iron in it. Now, I drink the water. One time, we had a freeze. One of the tanks split during the freeze outside. It was in a pump house type thing. I called Kinetico and they came down. We split the difference on the tank because it was expensive. They've been very good. I don't have them do salt delivery or service. But I know that if I call them, they're really quick to respond. I've recommended Kinetico.

Original review: March 16, 2022

We're perfectly satisfied with the system of Kinetico. The system has worked perfectly. However, it costs a fortune to get started, $4,000. As for the upkeep, we don’t do anything. Their rep, Clint, puts the salt in the vat and he does a good job.

Hi Earl,

We are glad to see you appreciate the investment you have made in to your water.

Original review: March 15, 2022

We get a lot of follow-ups with Kinetico. I have to call when I want something, though. I was with Culligan before. Culligan would come and check the salt every now and then. This guy just calls me and asks me if I need any. Then I have to go check it and he brings it and drops it off at the house. But other than that, it’s okay.

Original review: March 15, 2022

The installers did a good job. The only issue I have is that we got a filter system on it and it should have been more permanent. But it's hanging off the side. When I try to turn the filter cartridges off to change the cartridge, all the connections spin so I'm constantly getting things back together. I also have to constantly putty things up so they don't leak.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with my system. The biggest thing is that it doesn't use electricity and it rejuvenates on utilization instead of being set to where it's got to be done every night. It doesn't use as much salt. It's also durable and it has made it through the winter. We had nothing freeze and I have it in a good-sized pump house and I keep it warm. But it's convenient and has far less maintenance. If I have a timing issue, it's simple to reset it myself. We have no smell, taste, or rust in our water. So it's doing what it's supposed to.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I've had four systems. I've moved around a bit, and every time I moved to a new house, I get a new system. I don't have to buy bottled water because I have the water filtration and the water softener/filter. I've had everything with Kinetico and they all have been very good. Their team also goes out of their way to help and they’re great.

Hi Susan!

Wow. Thanks so much for your brand loyalty!

We appreciate you!

Original review: March 14, 2022

I love our Kinetico system and I love their service. They’re great. When we bought the house, we had very hard water. A lot of the plumbing fixtures were calcified. Our young children were getting rashes from the water. One of the big reasons we went with Kinetico was that it doesn't need to be powered by electricity. That was a big plus. All problems have been solved since Kinetico was installed. No issues with our kids anymore. Everything cleared up. It's better for our appliances too.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Kinetico is worth it. It's a lot better water quality. Their customer service was also good.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I reached out to Kinetico and told them that I was interested in getting some information on the product. They sent a rep out a couple of days later. The rep went over everything with me, and then I settled on the products that I wanted to buy. They had it installed within three weeks. I did a home water system for hard water, a water softener for the whole house. I also got a unit that removes all the chlorine from the city water for the whole house. I purchased a K5 water filtration system for drinking water in the kitchen sink.

It's been a great system and it does wonders for the city water that we get. The hard water stains have disappeared from everything. One of the things that I liked about it was that it's not electric. It's just mechanical. It seems like there's much less to break and I haven't had any issues with it. It costs a lot of money, but it's a one-time thing and I own it. So if I move, I can take it with me. It's one of the best things that I've purchased for the house. I've been really happy with it.

There were a couple of issues that popped up when I was changing filters on my K5 system that, for some reason, it wouldn't start working again. Every time there's ever been an issue or I needed to change something, they come right out and do it, and I don't even think they charged me for any of that stuff. The local dealer has been great to deal with.

Original review: March 12, 2022

We thought when they installed our Kinetico system, we would be rid of getting mold. But our toilet bowl gets rings. When we had the water checked, it was okay. So it's a matter of us doing what we are supposed to do. In terms of their service, they come out and are very prompt.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I purchased a water treatment system from Kinetico several years ago. When we got it installed, I just made a call then they came out within a couple of days and did a chemical check on the water. We talked about different systems that would fit our need, and my wife and I decided on what we wanted, and they came in and installed it relatively quickly. The system we have has an ion exchange, a water softener, and a resin filter. We can tell a difference in our water. We had iron in the water, and we're not getting a staining issue. My water was also fairly hard, and the softener has helped with that.

I just had service where Kinetico's techs had to clean the valves on one of the tanks. When I called for service, they were a couple of weeks out. They were busy. But the guy called, let me know he was coming and showed up on time. I was under the house with him while he was doing the stuff. He told me what he was doing, why he was doing it and the reasons for it and what he found. I'm satisfied with the service call.

Original review: March 11, 2022

The installation was easy and they took care of everything. I like the RO system because it purifies the water. But we're more disappointed in the water softener because with the previous electric brand we had, we could adjust the salt level so that the water could be softer. The Kinetico is just a one-size-fits-all. We wish that we had that ability.

For a water softener, go with our previous brand if you want water that is extremely soft. We wanted water that you could tell there was a noticeable difference when you got in the shower. To us, it just seemed like regular water now versus very soft water.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Installation went great, and I've had zero problems with Kinetico or the people. The system works awesome.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The reps were great. They were very helpful, knowledgeable, and answered all our questions, and they've come out and provided salt. With the system, we can definitely tell that there's not as much buildup on our appliances. And the taste, I drink water all the time, so I can tell salt going out. It tastes a lot better to me, and it's a lot better. We're pleased.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The techs and reps were all good and I liked them. When I call, they were super nice. When I paid my bill, they went online with it right when I sold my place. When I have an appointment, the techs always went in my house. They had my garage number thing and I trusted them. I had good service with Kinetico. But I moved from that house to another. Cancelling my service was easy.

Kinetico response

Hi Gail, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear it was positive. When you're ready to install a water treatment system in your new home, let us know. We're happy to help.

Thanks again,

The Kinetico Team

Original review: March 9, 2022

Working with the team at Kinetico was a good experience. I have better tasting water, and overall better water. It was good service, and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 9, 2022

The installers did a great job. They hooked up my refrigerator and all for me. My Kinetico is pretty good. It had a bit of rust but it's doing pretty well. It's better than the other system I had.

Original review: March 8, 2022

The reps are very generous when they come to the house. They've got very nice manners and they're very good. If I have any questions I want an answer to, they'll answer them for me. I'm very happy with my system too. I have it underneath the sink with the three filters, then outside I got the water softener and the ultra-blue light.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I would recommend Kinetico. We love it. I don't think there's anything that we don't like about it. Other than the size, we had to get huge tanks and they couldn't be put in the ground. We had to build a shed around them.

Hi Debra,

Yes, sometimes water supplies and water usage demand larger products. But, we are glad that it is performing to your and our satisfaction!

Original review: March 7, 2022

They were very good. Pam was the person I contacted. She came out the very next day and tested our waters, showed us that it was hard. We went ahead and signed up. They installed it within the next week. They tested it and then they service it. They supply the salt for about the same that you can get with going to pick it up at Lowe's. Plus, I don't have to handle those big bags and pick them up and try to get them in there. It takes up very little space in my storage room. I'm very pleased with Kinetico.

Original review: March 7, 2022

The Kinetico system works. The best thing about them is that they don't require electrical regeneration for the salt. Our water would be a lot worse if we didn’t have one and I wouldn’t use it without one.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I tried Kinetico on an investment property that I had and it worked out fine. Then, five years ago, when I bought this place, I called them back and used them but I have not been real happy. I hoped the water would taste good but it doesn't. Also, there was black charcoal in the bottom of my ice maker and black rings around the toilet from the charcoal filter. They were here just two weeks ago and they replaced the filter. I'm hoping that this will work. But they were saying that they got a batch of faulty filters. The rep felt under duress to come up with answers that he didn't have and he was trying his best to answer our questions, but he really didn't know.

Hi Sunnie,

If you are not comfortable with the technician's responses, please contact their management team at their office to get the results you want.

You can also contact Kinetico Customer Support at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com and we'll get their management team involved.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I've had Kinetico for a long time. It seems to work all the time a lot. It meters the water, so you only treat. It doesn't regenerate, only when it needs to, not like a timing mechanism. It's efficient that way. The downside is some of the ports in the orifice are really small, so it’s sensitive to any grains of sand.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Kinetico's customer service has been great and the water is a lot better than it was. It's a lot clearer and there's no rust. Also, it's a lot easier for me because they come and put salt in it every two months. I don't have to worry about it.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I also have a Kinetico system at our other house. I purchased one recently and they did a very good job. If they could have gotten rid of COVID, it might have helped. But other than that, they serviced us very well. The system brought the pH within acceptable limits and the softness to a bearable standard.

Original review: March 4, 2022

We rented a system at first and a year or so later, we ended up deciding to buy the system. It was a smooth transition. Once we did it, the guy showed up with a new system within two days, swapped it out, and we were good to go. Since having Kinetico, we don't have as much iron, which was really noticeable before, and we're not getting stains in our sinks and stuff.

Original review: March 4, 2022

Our water's really bad. I was hoping that getting that water softener from Kinetico would make that go away. My husband said he sees a difference. To him, it's not as hard. But it still makes rings in the toilet. All the techs that have come up here have been very nice. But it's not convenient for me the way the scheduling is. That random email stuff doesn't work for me, ‘cause I’ll likely miss it. I was just looking for another way of communicating to get the schedule and have a more consistent schedule. Like, "We come out once every six months. Here, let's schedule this.” More routine, more professional life.

Hello M,

Please contact us at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com. We will connect with your area service provider on your behalf to get this issues wrapped up.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Our water is still slightly discolored and tastes like metal. We had an annual service check a few months ago and the technicians did some adjustments. They said there was iron in there. But it's still happening, like it's never fully fixed. It could be the severity of our water problem or it's not big enough for our household or it could be them.

Hi Nancy,

We would recommend a follow up. Kinetico's expectation is fresh, clean water from our products.

Please feel free to contact us at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@Kinetico.com and we can review your history and next steps with your area service provider.

Original review: March 3, 2022

We like the system. It's good. I put Kinetico in all the houses that I build. If anybody wants a water softener, I recommend Kinetico.

Original review: March 2, 2022

The rep knew the products and he did a good job presenting them. With the reverse osmosis system, the water is clear and has no taste. It's reassuring to know that the water we're drinking and cooking with is clean.

Original review: March 2, 2022

We love Kinetico. The sales guy was amazing. Absolutely the best demonstration I ever saw. We were sold, we got it. We're perfectly happy. We have no more grime all over our shower doors. It's perfect. The water's softer. It's also pleasant to take a shower. They're also totally reliable. We need the salt re-delivered, they come and do it. It's very easy to get ahold of them and have them come over.

Kinetico Company Information