4.6/5 (247 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I've had Kinetico for a while and it's fine. It's just that the quality of water is not the same as when the system was new.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

The installation went well. The water softener is great. I love it.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I had a Kinetico water conditioner installed under the sink. Since it's been put in, the water is soft. It's much clearer. It kind of feels like you're rinsing the soap off your hands. Kinetico is awesome. Get it. My sales guy was very nice. The installation was smooth sailing. The installer was very nice, too. He came out the first time and thought it was just to check everything. He didn't know I needed the product under the sink hooked up.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Working with their team was fine. The installation was not perfect but it was okay. The issue was made right by another tech coming out.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

I wouldn't be without the Kinetico system. I love it, and I love the soft and silky water. Overall, Kinetico has been very good to me. In fact, I moved and they moved my unit with me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I've called them a couple of times to bring some salt for me. Their customer service was very good and fast. I've never had any problems with their system. The stinky ants keep getting in there and shorting it out, but that's fixable.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Customer service has been perfect. My salesman John checked on some things. The installers put everything in and went smooth as glass. It's been great since we've had our Kinetico. This is something that I wouldn't be afraid of at all to buy again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Our water is so horribly out of bounds. It's embarrassing. It's 3 parts per million chlorine coming out of the tap because that's what the town thinks it's supposed to be. We got the water softener and the under-sink purification system from Kinetico and we noticed a difference since using the system. The water doesn't have that taste.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Before my Kinetico went out, it was doing all right. We had sulfur water with a bad odor. We put the system in and it's cleared up. I can drink my water and take a bath without any odor. I had problems with the water company and Foundation Finance took care of it for me. But my water is okay now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Since using Kinetico, the water has been good. The water has no taste. No chlorine.

Hello Juan,

We are happy that you are happy!

Happy New Year!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

The sales guy wasn't like a sales guy at all. He was really nice and he gave me his number. I had an issue later on and he routed me to the proper department. The group at Palm Beach helped me with the installation of the new filter system. The installers were very nice people. My only gripe was that after we installed our system, there was a better one that came out and we would have to pay to upgrade. I want to see a smaller tank, but more importantly, it filters out even more of the fluoride and other harmful stuff. So it's something that we're looking to upgrade. I wish I waited a couple more months to buy the better system, but that's just something we’re looking into.

The water softener side on the outside, till this day, I don't really know what to do with it, or what's good, or how to feel if it's good. If there was a check-in physically, or even a video check-in where someone can just look at the system through my phone, that'll be nice to have in the future. Other than that, we drink from the filtration system and the water is definitely much better. I'm trying to convince my parents to buy a Kinetico.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The water is very soft since having the system of Kinetico installed. Their reps were also very good, friendly and kind. They're a good company.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Our water tasted and smelled funky and very sulfury. With the system, the smell was gone from the water. However, customer service was non-existent. We had a problem at the beginning. We had the system put in in June and we asked for certain things to be done when we had the installation. I wasn't happy with where the techs put the piping and how they did the install. They just cut out the cabinets and put the system in.

Also, we had a water problem. They didn't close off the cap behind the refrigerator and it dripped. By October we needed to have all our floors replaced because that damaged all the floors. It took several months for the leak to be rectified. The system was very expensive too at $5,500. For that money, we weren't happy with the way it was installed. It was a little shoddy. Other than that, the product works and it really helps. It's great as far as what it does. There are other products out there though that are less expensive.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

We got a softener and a thing under the sink that oxidates the water. I like that I have well water with an artesian well mineral taste but it's filtered. I had one slight issue when I first got my equipment and they came right out and fixed it. There was a malfunction and they replaced the whole thing. Also, they stay in touch with us and they call us from time to time, checking on us if we're needing salt or filters. They keep us on a call list.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

The installation went okay. The water has been okay since.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I've noticed the softness of the water and the chlorine out of it since having the system. My ice cubes are pure and don't have any white floating stuff in them. It's a little costly on the maintenance, but I want my soft water so I gotta pay for it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

The Kinetico rep was awesome. Since having it installed, I don’t smell chlorine when I’m showering anymore, which is great. The drinking water is a lot better, too. If you live in Florida, it's definitely a plus, and in other places too. If we ever move again, I would definitely get it installed again.

Kinetico response

Thanks for sharing your experience Brad!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

They set up the system and they check it once a year to make sure everything was okay. They do everything they're supposed to do and do it timely. They've always been very Johnny-on-the-spot and very professional. A lot of times, when it's time to check on it, the rep would tell me I don't have to be there. My system is outside and he can check it and not bother me at all. Also, he'd leave me some salt. That’s the way it’s always been. I add salt to it on a regular basis and it's always running fine.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I had to take the system out because the water was so bad, I couldn't even drink it. It was like sulfur water and I've never had that since I moved here. The rep said he would flush the system out but it was no better. He said I have to give it time but I couldn't drink it and I had to boil it before I could even cook with it. It smelled so bad. Brushing my teeth was terrible, too. I started buying bottled water at that time. But once Kinetico got their money, they didn't seem to care whether I was happy or not happy. They just put me off. Nobody would come and see about it because they just installed it and it was working fine and I had to give it time for the water to get better. I paid $4,000 for that system and it was the sorriest system of the four systems I've had. I would never use them again and I would never recommend them. If anybody asked me, I'd tell them to do anything but Kinetico.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

I liked their product. It seems good. I had a good experience with them. The installation went well. The water quality is much better now.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I chose the rep over three other companies. He was the most honest and forthcoming. He did not present himself as a salesman but as someone trying to give someone knowledge to make a good decision. Having Kinetico's Sulfur Guard installed, the water quality is perfect. I've had it for three years, and the only thing I've had to do is fill it up. The only issue that I have is the water is too soft but there's no way to fix that.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I had a Kinetico system that I acquired back in 1985 that had finally run its course of life and it needed to be replaced because it was 30 years old. I elected to stay with them because of the longevity and good performance of the previous system. The rep who came out was very professional and he was a nice and friendly guy. The new system takes up a lot less space and uses a lot less salt.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

The installation of our Kinetico was fine. The system filters out any bad things in the water so my kids can drink safe water. It's a good purchase.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

We like the system. I had another home in Florida, down in Melbourne, and I could tell the difference in the taste of the water. Every six months, they call and come to do maintenance.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I got a sulfur buster and a water softener from Kinetico. They were easy and pleasant people to work with. Now, my water doesn't stink and it's not leaving stains on anything in my house. The softener changes the taste a little bit from being untreated to treated and it definitely tastes better.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

The water is a lot better since having Kinetico. You can't taste any chlorine. It tastes better 100%. The installation also went very smoothly. I had a good experience.

Thanks Jon!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Since having Kinetico, there's been a big difference. Now, the water is smooth, silky and it's a lot better. We enjoy the system. Everything was great with Kinetico. The reps were also very good.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

When my Kinetico system was working, I had nice and soft water, and it was clean. It hasn't been clean since the Coronavirus came in though. We've been on lockdown ever since the Coronavirus has come out. So, I couldn't get ahold of any salt and anybody to come and look at it or fix it and I don't like it at all. For the first year I used it, it did well but once I stopped putting salt in, it stinks. My water smells like rotten eggs. When you don't put salt in the salt-driven thing, it doesn't work. When I finally got somebody I could talk to on the phone, he said, “Run the water if it smells.” I ran the water. I'm glad I don't have to pay for it because I have to run the water for a good half hour before I can use it.

Overall, I don't think the quality is very good. I asked them to take the thing out when the Coronavirus came in. They shrugged and went away. So, I've been with it for a whole year for nothing. It's very frustrating. I would not recommend it to anybody. I have had a very lousy experience. I would have been a little happier if the person that came to check it out had taken the whole stupid thing out.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Mine is a water softener and a filter system to get rid of sulfur, manganese and different well elements. We had work going on in the space at the same time the installers were doing their work. They were here for a day. They did a great job. We live in a very rural community, and the water quality is not great. We have manganese and some iron. So, the water is much improved, especially smell because we had a lot of sulfur smell from the water in the house.

Hi Marissa,

We are glad to hear your water is much improved. Please be certain to touch base with your installer if any iron, manganese, sulfur or hardness remain. It is our expectation for these to be gone completely.

Kinetico Customer Support
800.944.9283

customersupport@Kinetico.com

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

This property has always had terrible water and we've always used Kinetico products. I got no problems with the quality of the product or the technicians that installed it. But the service provider that does the install work on Kinetico's behalf could do a better job running their business. Asking clients to pay for the product before it's installed when you're a reputable business does not seem to make a lot of sense to a consumer that has to wait months to have things installed.

Kinetico Company Information