It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

734 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We have an on-demand water heater with very hard water, so every week I would have to pull the shower heads out and clean them all out because it had a handful of calcium. Darryl from Kinetico came in, did a water test and showed me the differences. I was sold right there on the spot, but it took me a couple of days to overthink it. Then I called Kinetico up and it was one of the best purchases I ever did. It saved my sanity. I also got the three-filter system under the sink from them. And now, I go months, and when I take out the shower heads, there might be a little speck and that’s it.

Kinetico response

Hi Milt,

Great news on the results of the treated water. Thanks for sharing how your Kinetico products have impacted your life.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I didn't like the water quality in our area. I've always dealt with Kinetico through my workplace so I looked into getting their softening system. I found my contact in my region and I called them to set up an appointment. They gave me a free water test then they recommended the different cartridges that went in our RO system. The rep who came out was great to work with and with her, it wasn’t all business. She was kind of free-spirited and easygoing about the whole system. She pointed us in things that she would recommend and she was above and beyond. .

The installers from Aon Water were great as well but I still got ongoing issues with the water system. I've had a couple of water leaks and the system's not working the way it should. I called them about it and they've been responsive but the guys that came out hadn't been able to fix the issue. So, I took it up on myself to research it, contact the service guys at Kinetico, and dissect it myself. So it's on my radar to call Aon Water today to get them to come back out and see if we can fix everything. Other than that, I have no issue with Kinetico. We use them all the time in our workforce, so I'm sure this is an isolated incident and that it's gonna be resolved.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Kinetico is great. They responded in a timely manner, and their products and prices are good. We had the risk of infection from the well water and had gotten a water purifier. Now, the water tastes better and there's less calcium in it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I called a local plumber who does water softeners and he said that he could come and put one in for me. He said he likes Kinetico so much. In fact, he had the local Kinetico dealer install one for him, so he gave me the number and I called them. The Kinetico rep who came out was super knowledgeable, on time, nice and was really easy to work with. He installed the system and everything was great. We weren’t getting filtered good and since the system was installed, everything has been great.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

When we moved into our house. We had a well and it had brown stains around the house. So, we knew that we probably were gonna not have the best of water. The house had an old system in it. So, we just contacted Kinetico to see if there was one in the nearest town and went from there. We have an RO system, a water system, and we also have a system that takes out iron from the water. Setting up an appointment with Kinetico to get somebody out here was good. We had recently interacted with Brian, a Kinetico rep. He comes out when needed, and he’s tested our water several times when we’ve had problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I liked the people that own Kinetico Water Systems and started with them. I knew all the guys in the tech service department and I've known a lot of the secretaries for many times or a long time. Superb people that treat me nice. I could call them and bang, we figure it out. They are good people. They're a good company. Kinetico is different than most water conditioners on the market today. They have what they call a duplex system and they were the first to come out with it. That's a two-tank system, and it always has soft water 24/7. Kinetico has made a lot of things in the way that it works that make it real efficient. They use less salt and they have a 10-year pro-warranty. We wound up in Alaska and our system is already 40 years old and still works. We got a lot of good reports back from people who have Kinetico. Kinetico is the best water to kin as your brand on the market today.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Since the regular drinking water was not clean, I ordered the K5 Drinking Water Station from Kinetico. One of my friends was working as a sales rep for Kinetico so I knew about it. The installers did a really good job. Now, the water has been drinkable.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I was in a mall and Kinetico had a kiosk. I didn’t like the way my water tasted so I looked into water treatment systems. The sales agent was great. He followed me from one state to the other and was really good. He called me even after he stopped working for Kinetico. I had a good experience with the installers as well. I've had Kinetico in three different states, and they were all very good. I had one system that was faulty and they stuck with it until it was fixed. It took several hours and two trips, and they were really nice and they stuck with the whole process. After the installation of the system, the water has no taste and no smell.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We live in a town next to the Missouri River and the water around here is really hard, with lots of calcium deposits and junk in it. We had worked with Air and Water Solutions in Columbia, Missouri and it was those guys who really made the sale of the Kinetico system something that I was comfortable with. When the Air and Water Solutions representative came out, he did the free water test. He talked to us about our usage, if the system was gonna be able to handle it and how best to serve our capacity. He knew it really well so it was really great from start to finish and it has been great since. We got the commercial water softener system for our restaurant and it's a good product.

We have a lot of equipment, like espresso machines, that run water through all day long. So it's really important to us to make sure we have a system that is working consistently and providing a soft water experience throughout. The Kinetico system, at least, has and we've always been really impressed with it. We also called the Air and Water Solutions representative on a couple of occasions for maintenance issues or questions with the system and to make sure that everything was still running pretty effectively and properly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

There were hardness and iron bacteria in our water. I did a fair amount of research on different types of water treatment systems. We went with Kinetico. Our cabin is off the grid, so we preferred to have something that didn’t use electricity. Plus, there were lots of good reviews on the web that were independent of Kinetico. Also, we were quite impressed with the local distributor in Galesville. They were great people to work with.

Dustin came up and tested our water. He knew what he was doing. It was tough but he was able to come up with a good system, and everything was great. We got two tanks for a softener, two tanks to reduce iron bacteria, and a filter for sulfur odor. We had Dustin put those in. We also had him come up and show us how to take the system offline and drain the tanks because we’re not there in the winter. And even though the room is heated, we don’t wanna take a chance on the heater going out and the room freezing, and the water in the tanks freezing. He showed us step-by-step how to drain the tanks and all that, and then showed us how to put it back together, and did that several times until we could do it ourselves. The water was undrinkable before and it's good now. We're happy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We live in an area that needs water filtration because of iron and we had a Culligan system at the time. Last year, we called Kinetico up to come over. Their rep explained things to us and that their system doesn’t use electricity. He knew what he was doing. He understood what we were wanting and he explained everything clearly and fully. We went with the reverse osmosis system for our drinking water and they did a wonderful job of installing it. They cleaned up after themselves and they took the Culligan stuff that we had here back to them which was also nice. Now, I don’t ever worry about our water and I don’t have to worry about somebody showing up to give me salt. We just go buy the salt because the gentleman that came to represent the system had told us where and what. We’ve been very happy with Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We're on a well and we've got hard water. A buddy of mine bought Kinetico and he was really impressed with it. He also said they're the best on the market. I went over to a local dealer here in town and purchased it. We did the whole house and everything went great. I had my plumber hook it up while he dealt with our plumbing, and it was a piece of cake.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We had Kinetico when we were down in Arizona, and when we moved up to Montana, we put a Sears water softener in and had really big problems with hardness. We wanted really good drinking water, and we wanted a water system that would create enough water for us to drink. There is no doubt that Kinetico is absolutely the most expensive on the market, but having had the advantage of having rented a Kinetico down in Arizona, we saved our pennies and that's what we got.

We bought the heavy-duty water softener and the big reverse osmosis system. The tech and his son did a fine job on the installation, but it wasn't quite the professional installation team I had expected. The system is working fine, but when you're paying that much money for a system, you don't want dad to be teaching his son how to do it. Also, they could be a little bit more willing to come out afterwards and test, and make sure that everything is in line. But by the same token, he put in extra water filters so that we could gauge the water coming across before it ever hit the Kinetico system. This system works, and I know because I take showers every other day. Since we've had it put in, we've not had to put another bag of salt. With the old Sears, in a month's time we would have to put four or five bags of salt in. This one just goes and goes.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our experience with Kinetico has all been positive. They had a show at the trade center and we talked with their rep. We also talked with a bunch of others and decided we wanted to go with him. When we saw how much how much money it was gonna take, we got that money together and gave them a call. The rep came to the house, and after a month, he sent another representative back and re-tested the water. He asked if we had any problems and bought us a bag of salt. Our water is great since having the system.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We bought their system and it has been unreliable since it was installed. About every 6 months we start getting hard water. The Brighton MI dealer comes out, replaced meters, brine tank pump, etc since installed. Each time out the service person scratches his head, says he doesn’t understand what’s wrong and that he hopes that what he has done fixes the problem. Last time out they insinuated that they were going to charge us for service calls. Now approximately 6 months has gone by and we have hard water again. Help or give us our money back.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We had really hard water that was staining everything orange with iron and also was not very drinkable. I did some online shopping and then we spoke to the Kinetico salesman. He was very helpful. He also found another little leak and fixed it for us, and that was good. The installer who came out seemed very efficient and experienced. Now, the orange staining went away and the water works better in the washer-dryer. We had an RO system put in as well and that works better for the drinking water.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I knew our area had hard water, and it was a concern because our clothes are thrown in and they come out having a smell to them, and they just couldn't get cleaned. We also started noticing a lot of white residue in the shower and other areas where the water was constantly in contact with the surface, and it was gross living in that condition. Plus our one year old was still on the bottle so we were buying filtered water for her 'cause we didn't want her to drink that nasty water. We decided that we would try and see if there was something we could afford to do. I was looking into several different water companies, and I only had two come over and do demos. The first one came over and did the demonstration, but they were a lot more expensive than Kinetico. I also looked at ConsumerAffairs online and tried to compare the different systems, and Kinetico was a lot better on it.

We got the water softening system for the house and a drink filtration system with the nozzle installed in the kitchen. The guy that does the installation and the service of the equipment came over and didn't take too long, and then they set everything up pretty quickly. He had a lot of experience and he knew what he was doing, so we were happy with that. Everything that Kinetico told us to expect was there, and they answered all our questions.

In taking showers, we've noticed that the water is different now. It also has a different taste to it. The system hardly requires any kind of salt. The other competitor swore to me that all their competitors in the area were gonna cost me a lot of money and salt, and we noticed that was not true. Even with the drinking system, Kinetico told us to keep an eye on it. We got a little gauge in there to let me know when the filters need to be changed, which we would have to pay for or we could do it ourselves. But we still have plenty of room before those filters need to be changed. It seems like it's not taking that much out of the filter to do it. So it's neat that we're saving more money than we thought we would.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I've had Kinetico water softeners myself twice before and I like it a lot better than the old type. I had the other kind that used electricity and what I like about Kinetico is that it doesn't use any electricity. It's self-contained. We have a lot of power outages here and it doesn't affect my water softener at all. The other system wasn't keeping the water as clear as it should be too. I would test the water, and it had several grains of hardness. Now with Kinetico the water has zero grains of hardness if you keep the salt up on it.

The people who sold me the system came right out and put in the system. They also take care of things and I trust them. It's been years that I've had Kinetico and I'm much more happy with it. I've never heard of a better water softener system that I would think about going to. This is my third Kinetico. I'm retired now, so I'm living in an apartment at my daughter-in-law's house and at my first move in here, I bought her one.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We have hard water where we live and I went online to figure out what kind of water softening system would be best for us and I went with Kinetico. I liked the fact that the water isn’t sitting in the salt all the time and that Kinetico processes the water as needed. That’s something that Kinetico has over the other brands. Their rep, Dusty, was very nice and he worked very well with my husband who is extremely picky. The installation was done in one day and since having Kinetico, it takes less detergent for the different things that I clean and I don’t have to clean as often. We’re very happy with the system and I highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

When I was building my home, the general contractor and the adviser that I had in the project recommended Kinetico water softener and filtration system unit. Kinetico's sales consultant did a good job. I met with him for 15 minutes then we went over the installation and went over where they felt the unit should go and how it operated. Then the dealings I had with their installation team were flawless. The filtration system softens water so everything's working out okay.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We had gotten a soft water system from Kinetico to purify the water and lessen the calcium. With it, the water is softer and doesn’t gunk up the appliances. I also don’t have the big rocks trapped in the screen through the faucet. Their rep was wonderful and very good. She supervised the whole thing. She was on site and a crew worked for her. I was very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

We wanted clean water and bought the standard home water system from Kinetico. With it, the water tastes better. I’ve been happy with the product and the company. They seem to do a good job.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Our chlorine levels in our city-provided water were higher than what one would find in a swimming pool, high enough that you could smell it, in addition to very hard water. The Kinetico rep was knowledgeable, professional and answered my millions of questions. I purchased a water softener, a primary filter, a reverse osmosis system and a system that takes the chlorine out of the water. The installers were timely and they did a fine job. Now the water is softer, I can't detect chlorine when I take a shower and the water from the reverse osmosis is very tasty.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had a water softener before that went out and my neighbor told us that Kinetico has good water softeners. Their reps were very friendly and they were able to come out, talk us and test our water although we live way out in the country. Everything went fine during their visit. While there is no difference in our water since we have had a water softener in the house all along, our water tastes good now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We purchased the Kinetico softener in 2008. We were told it would last up to 20 Years. This week I noticed the system flushing and it would not stop. I called for service and a very helpful tech checked and our bypass valve has failed and the meter valve as well. As it is out of warranty this is very costly and is getting the repair cost up to where we are likely going to replace the system as a valve rebuild is only guaranteed for one year and I guess to replace the meter valve is not an option for my system as it is not offered. I was impressed during the 10 years of performance but both valves breaking down and ridiculous cost are pushing us away from Kinetico.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We got Kinetico years ago. We lived in Flippin, Arkansas and the water was awful. It was extremely hard and we saw that we would be better off with a water softener. We had been to one of the kids' houses and they had a water softener downstairs. But that thing ground up salt at night and it was big and loud. It drove me crazy. We also didn’t much care for it because the water was salty. Then we went to a county fair and talked to Lisa. It took us a few minutes to talk to her then we ordered the Kinetico whole house water softener. Lisa's brother installed it and it was done. It didn’t take very long and we were really happy with Kinetico.

We live in a different town now and we got a new water softener as quickly as we could. The water over here was full of sulfur. It smelled like rotten eggs. I called Lisa and asked who the Kinetico dealer was over here. She said, "You're talking to her." I told her what we needed and she said okay. She asked who was gonna put it in and I told her we would get a plumber. We called this plumbing company and they worked together. They came over and looked at stuff then she brought the thing over. Lisa told the plumber how and what went where and I thought the plumber was the worst part. He took forever to get it installed. It could have been done in an hour but the system has worked flawlessly ever since.

The system uses a lot less salt than it used to. But it may be the type of water or the improvements on the machine. There are two tanks sitting in our laundry room, right off the kitchen, and you'll never know it was running unless you walked in the laundry room and put water into the thing. The Kinetico system is the best thing on the market. You can't do any better. It doesn’t use any electricity either.

Resolution response: Jan. 15, 2019

I’m retracting my review. The company was quite reasonable in working through our concerns, though I wish this unfortunate situation had worked out better.

Five stars for standing up and having a conversation.

Consumer Affairs, there appears to be no way to remove reviews. Please remove my review.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I'm a customer in Davis, California. Recently, several cities in our area completed a water project that alleviated some of the hard water concerns and reduced the contaminants that were coming from our groundwater, including hard water conditions. This reduced the number of hard water systems that our local dealer was selling. Consequentially, Kinetico's partner sales quota was not being met. So Kinetico, in the ultimate act of not giving 2c about their customers, completely pulled the partnership agreement to our local water company.

There is now no local company that can provide parts for Yolo County, and none of the other dealers want to make the significant drive down to service equipment. Instead of putting customers first and recognizing the need to continue to service the 20+ years of installed customers in the region, Kinetico put short-term profit concerns ahead of customers. We are having to rip and replace a less than two year old and more than $1500 reverse osmosis system as we cannot get replacement cartridges, and Kinetico doesn't have a non-dealer channel to get them. Shame on this company. Shame on Kinetico for abandoning their end-users. We will never do business with your company again. We have almost $5000 invested in Kinetico equipment, but this will be the last time we ever purchase or recommend anything from the company again.

Think very carefully about the fragility of their dealer network before you buy. Might be ok in big cities where they have almost overlapping dealer networks. But in areas that aren't as populated as New York or San Francisco, Kinetico doesn't have redundant coverage. Combined with their willingness to simply abandon thousands of customers that have been with them for decades, and you can really see what Kinetico as a company stands for. It's not pretty.

Kinetico response

Samuel and Kinetico has had good private conversation. It is true that Kinetico dealers are provided specific territory to cover and if the coverage is not met, the area will be given to another company that provides appropriate brand representation.

The purpose is to insure that potential customers receive the quality product they desire and do not get flipped to a lesser product and existing customers obtain the quality service they deserve.

This is good business.

However; in the county referenced in this review, it is not the case. The business partnership was dissolved for other reasons. All customers registered in the warranty registration data base were informed by letter of the 3 dealers that now cover the area.

Kinetico welcomes any and all questions regarding our business practices.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a Kinetico system in 2005 in my previous home in Tampa, Florida and I liked it. The water was okay and everything was good. Then we had a home built out in the country across the state line in Georgia, across the river. I had the water tested and the guy said that it had a little iron in it. But another guy came out from another company. He checked it out and said that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this water, which I kinda already knew. I grew up here in the same spot at my grandparent’s old place. We have a deep well that's 188 feet deep and the water tasted fine. But it was a little rough. It may have had a lot of scale or calcium.

I had a new pump put in the well and I don’t know if the guy who did it disturbed something in the line but the water seemed to get more iron. Our master shower started getting a little more orange-ish. My wife was having to scrub the thing every two or three days. She said she shouldn't have to do that and that there was something going on here. Then we got the Kinetico system and now, it’s once every two weeks that you have to get in there and scrub a little bit, but not much. It’s a lot easier to clean.

The installation was easy as well. These guys hooked everything up. Two guys came out and wanted to run it in through my laundry room and down the drain into my septic. Instead, I suggested turning that line back around the other way, come back out the garage wall, come back basically the same way they were going in and put it out there in the yard somewhere. They had some concerns about the grass but I told them that I live in the country and I couldn't care less about the grass. Then they said that out of concern, they should send a word around to HOA. But I’m on five acres and I don’t have a neighbor so who cares? I guess they were used to hooking up around HOAs in Jacksonville.

There was also a slight stench of sulfur that sprung up though, and we still have that for some reason. I had mentioned it when I came in to CGC two months before and bought more salt. They instructed me to put a little bit of bleach in the salt bin but it really didn’t help a lot. The main office gal upfront also said that she would have some guy come back out and check it out. But I’ve never seen that guy. That fell through the cracks. But it’s not an emergency anyway. It’s a very limited stench. I really can’t smell it but my wife can. She’s just finicky. But other than that, it's all good. The water is definitely better than it was.

It’s not Kinetico's fault that the water has a little sulfur in it. I thought I paid enough money for this system though. This thing was $4,515 itself. The guy didn’t mention a whole-house reverse osmosis system though, and I thought about doing that. But they wanted $15,000 and I don’t know for sure if it would do what it’s supposed to do. So I got hesitant on that one. The money was doing the talking on that one. But all in all, the experience has been good. Kinetico does what they’re supposed to do.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We had lived in Arizona and the water there was really bad. It tasted like chlorinated dirt water. We were at a home show in Phoenix many years ago and we saw the Kinetico water systems. We talked to different people who had different systems in their houses, but they were still not happy with them. We looked at Kinetico and tried the water that they had from the systems they had on people's houses there, and the water tasted fantastic from the crappy awful water that was showing up in our clothes, our skin and our appliances. So, we had a Kinetico system installed in Arizona.

After that, we moved to Virginia, but there was no Kinetico down at Central Virginia at that time. We whined and cried about it. We moved to Atlanta and there was no Kinetico at that time. We whined and cried about it. I went to Mississippi and there was no Kinetico there. We whined and cried about it, too. But when we moved here, we found out that there was a system available. We've only been here for a few weeks before they had the system installed. The water here in Huntsville is also really bad, so we purchased a water softener, a water filter system and a RO system.

Kinetico's sales representative was phenomenal. He was totally a people person and was extremely responsive. Not only did he walk me through my Kinetico system, but he has also helped me out with some other things in the house. He has met so many people in the area through his job that he has put me in contact with other services to assist me with things such as a useful handyman and a better plumber. He went above and beyond and was extremely knowledgeable.

The installation team was fantastic and they were another above and beyond team. We wanted to make sure everything was right. I started having some trouble with the RO system not working periodically and found out it was an operator error, but they sent somebody out right away to figure out what the problem was. My skin feels so much better and the water tastes phenomenal since having the system installed. We had the system put in with the RO that adds minerals back in, so it tastes like expensive bottled water like Dasani.

My scalp is horribly dry and flaky and itching like crazy. I get my hair shampooed and blow-dried. My scalp is awful when the place doesn’t use filtered water, but when they use the Kinetico, it really helps my scalp come back. In fact, I may end up having to switch to a different place or take a gallon of my filtered water with me because the water bothers my scalp so much. When I wash my hair at home, it starts to clear up. Kinetico definitely makes a huge difference in the water and what it does for the skin. I have already recommended them to friends and family members. My husband had gotten a Zero Water Filter thing other than the more expensive one from Bed, Bath and Beyond, but when we would take the water from the tap and run it through Zero Water Filter, there would be mini grains of sand in it and the little filter thing would wear out twice as fast as it is supposed to so that's how bad the water is.

If Kinetico wants to put me in a commercial, I'll be happy to do it because I really believe in the product. It is the second system we've had. I believe it's helping the people. People said that they looked into it, but it was expensive, but I said, "And so is dying or being sick or getting cancer." Kinetico also did a great job in hiring phenomenal people and I cannot say enough about the folks that I've dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a water softener for my new home from Kinetico and the water is not as hard as it was. I got their distributor and I could call them any time and she answers all my questions. I would recommend Kinetico. The biggest thing for us was the price because there's a lot of stuff out there that's not as expensive. But after we looked at the advantages not being on electric and some other things that outweighed the monetary part of it.

Kinetico Company Information

10845 Kinsman Road
Newbury
OH
www.kinetico.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.