Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Kinetico Gallery (2)

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Looking at the systems of Kinetico, I liked the way the filtration system would swap between the two tanks without me having to do anything for the cleaning cycles. Everything went really easy when I purchased the system from Kinetico. The sales rep came out and checked the water at the house and talked with me about the systems. When I decided to go with them, we scheduled that and then the install crew came out and they did a nice job. They ran some water piping for me a little bit differently to clear up my wall. It took them about two hours and they got everything set up and running in. Now, the water's been cleaning faucets and everything from the lime and calcium buildup. Kinetico is expensive though.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have the whole home water and filtration system from Kinetico. Everything was fine with the purchasing process. It was done when they indicated it would be done. It was smooth and transparent. I had no issues from installation and then ongoing service, starts changing out filters annually. It's all worked very well. The system is doing everything that I expected it to do.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

We had a couple of minor problems with our Kinetico system and they were quick to get out here and solve the problem. Since installing Kinetico, the water tastes better and I definitely notice it in the way it feels in the shower as far as being softer.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

We've been very pleased with the product of Kinetico. They were advertising it at Home Depot and we tasted the water, looked at the water system and were very impressed. They did exactly what they said they would do. It's been a good product. Everything works out well. We've been drinking tap water since we installed it and the taste is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

One of the representatives came out and gave us a demonstration. He went over all of the packages and equipment with us and informed us on the different systems that they had. I called him to come out here based on the referral from my friend. I'm in Tennessee and we have hard water here so I knew that I needed to do something to preserve my water fixtures. We have the softener and the filtration system from Kinetico and we don't get the white residue on the water fixtures anymore. The water is a lot softer too. It's better on your skin and hair. Also, we've been able to cut down on buying bottled water. I still call them every year to come out, change the filters and service the system for me, and they've been great to work with.

Hi Tracy,

We are happy to hear you enjoy your softener and it's performing as designed. You still buy bottled water!? There's a remedy to that through your Kinetico supplier.

Feel free to contact us directly at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com for more information on Banning the Bottle!

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Thru the research I had done, it looked like Kinetico was kind of a state of the art way to do it at the time. The dealer was also in proximity if I needed to talk to him or see him and come over to look it. The system didn't take up much space and that was something we didn't want. Nashville's got very hard water and the Kinetico system cleaned it up very well. We didn't have the build-up on faucets. We noticed in showers, it would lather up. Before, it wouldn't. We put the reverse osmosis in with it so our drinking water was good too. The overall package was very satisfactory.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I had just purchased my home and most definitely needed my water much softer than it was. It was almost like sand. There was a salesperson at Lowe's or a Home Depot and told me Kinetico has a water softening system. He talked me into it. I didn't feel like he took advantage of me but it seemed like there were things that I needed to know that I didn't know on the front end. Right after I got Kinetico, it most definitely made a difference. But the difference didn't last too long. When I set up with it, they were saying it's gonna do this and that. It was almost like I won't have to have to follow up for a couple of years. But when I met with the guy after I had it two years, he said I gotta replace some sort of filter. I was a little misled on what I needed to do as far as how often I've gotta purchase a filter.

Hi Tory,

We are sorry to read you feel mislead. Please feel free to contact Kinetico Customer Support at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com. We'll be happy to review your installation and fill in any backstory you may be missing.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

When I put Kinetico in at my other house, they told me they would move it at no charge but they charged me 700 or 800 bucks to move it. I had trouble with it at my other house before we moved it. It would turn the water off. We wouldn't have any water to our shower. Now, it is turned off 'cause it keeps malfunctioning. It was spewing water all over the floor where it is. I'm not dealing with these people anymore especially I couldn't tell any difference in my water.

Hi Tammy,

We have your contact information and will contact you to try to resolve these concerns.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

You have usually hard water with well water and hard water's not great for your house. We were checking out several types of companies and Kinetico was one that was close by. We kind of compared them with Culligan and I liked what Kinetico was offering better. It's not based on electricity. From what I understand, this one works on its own. If there was a power outage, we wouldn't have to be concerned about it starting back up again. The price is always more than what you want to spend but maintenance-wise, it wasn't going to require a lot. Also, it's not supposed to use so much salt so that was another thing we liked.

With Kinetico, it's easier to keep the shower cleaner. We don't need as much soap because I can use a lot less soap in the laundry. We use less products to clean things. We had them do a setting that was reasonable so it's not like we feel slippery all the time. I didn't want to feel like I could never get soap off my hands and I don't feel like that. It is different than the way it was with hard water because you really feel dry quicker with hard water.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

We've had to do a few things with the Kinetico system. We have the filters changed every year and we had to do a whole new purified water system because the old one wasn't working right. The techs have been very good and we've been very happy. Everyone who uses the drinking water is very happy with it.

Kinetico Company Information