4.6/5 (256 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Kinetico's salesman promised to come back and do a test to show the difference in the reading after we installed the soft water system. But we never heard back. Everything else was fine.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Kinetico reverse osmosis machines are extremely expensive, but they can't even earth their cables for the European market. This results in high levels of electrical fields being absorbed by anyone standing in front of the machine. This happens to me when I'm washing up. The Kinetico is under the sink emitting 400 volts per metre. I'm very sensitive to this. It's just cheap manufacturing. I spent a fortune on this product and I'm disgusted that I'm affected by their cheaply manufactured cables. The company doesn't seem to give a damn because I've been waiting weeks already and they don't seem to respond. Shame on you KINETICO. How come you provide earthed cables for the UK market but not the European market?

Kinetico response

Hello Robin

Thanks for bringing these concerns to our attention. We are sharing this review with our corporate office in Denmark. They will be able to assist with this matter. You can also contact Kinetico Denmark Customer Support directly at office@kinetico.dk or 45.56.65.14.00.

Kinetico US Customer Support

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Everything was professional with the reps from Kinetico and the installation was quick and without any problems. The system is doing its job and it’s almost perfect. The water is not hard and the dishes come out spotless.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We used a company called De Anza Water Conditioning to install the water softener and they did a great job. They put another system in our main buildings and they’ve been servicing ever since for over 10 years now. We had a Culligan before and that leaked. Once we've put the Kinetico softeners in, they've been doing a good job of keeping that water soft between zero and one gram.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

We love our Kinetico system. We had Culligan years ago, and I wasn't happy with it. I saw this place in Los Gatos and it turned out the best thing that we ever found. The salespeople and installers were good. I did the right thing. We've had the system for quite a while and it works very well. I don't have to have to use much soap. I don't have dry, chapped hands and the clothes come out very nice. If anyone has hard water, Kinetico is the best way to go.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I was looking for a system that doesn't require a power outlet because I had to get it installed outdoor, next to my house, and didn’t have a power source. Kinetico was the only option that I found without a power source. Our water’s too hard and we have a tankless water heater. I read online saying that if you have a tankless one, it's best to have the water softener so it doesn't clog the little tubes inside the heater. It’s gonna make it last much longer. So, I feel the necessity of getting one and also reap the benefits of having one. I was debating about putting the one that was salt, and there are saltless ones. De Anza Water was close by, and their guy came over and gave me a lecture. It made me feel like he knows a lot of the industry, and he was very professional. He tested the water hardness for me, so I went with that company. Also, they are the one carrying Kinetico, so that makes sense.

De Anza was a lot more expensive than the other place sales like Costco and Lowe's, but I had to get one without power, so my option is limited. There were a lot of people asking for water softeners in different groups and I had recommended the company and the brand a couple times, but they always got back to me saying this is way more expensive than what they have otherwise quoted from what they found online from other brands. I like the system. It’s maintenance-free. I just wash the filter a few times over the years. But the pricing point is a little bit too high for other consumers that has the power outlet to choose from. Overall, for the quality of it, I’d definitely recommend Kinetico.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Kinetico's was presented to us well. The installation wasn't my favorite. My ice machine stopped working after that. And then, someone was supposed to come out and check that. No one came out for half a year and I just called somewhere else to get the issue resolved because I got annoyed waiting on Kinetico. Using the system is tedious sometimes. I have to go back and check on it often to see if there's salt. Because if there's no salt, I would have to flush the whole system again. If only there was some lever to say, "Okay, you should probably put salt in now."

I check every month and I've made it a part of my monthly routine. This is a great system in theory but I can't prove that it works. The guy who showed the system to us was no good and I haven't dealt with him since. When he did a test, I was clearly able to feel a difference. But I haven't really noticed anything since the installation.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was referred to Magic Valley Kinetic by my neighbor who has a softening system. I have had my softening and drinking water system for a week and already notice a huge difference! I am so pleased with the systems thus far and the customer service and friendly staff at Magic Valley Kinetic have be wonderful. I would definitely recommend a Kinetico system to other family, friends and anyone looking for this type of water system.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I had a water system with a pump installed in the backyard. Since then, the water has been softer and cleaner.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I had a Kinetico osmosis system put in under the sink. The appliances are cleaner and the water tastes better now. I had to call them to replace the filters and they answered my calls. They've been great.

Kinetico response

Hi Jane,

We are glad to know you are enjoying your water. Great news!

Kinetico Customer Support