4.6(2,168)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types
Cons
  • Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Stars Rating

• 78%
  • 11%
  • 6%
  • 3%
  • 2%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
    Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed May 25, 2024

I purchased a water softener from Kinetico. I liked their price. They had exactly what we needed with no extra things that we didn't want. Setting up an appointment was also very easy. The installers were in and out and got everything done and that took almost no time. Since then, we noticed laundry is better, and our skin and hair are better too.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Everything went fine in my experience with Kinetico. I did a water softener and a water purifier. Then they ran some tubes to my ceiling. We love the new systems. They are great. Our water tasted horrible, but now it doesn't. We also had super hard water where we live and now, the water feels soft. I recommend Kinetico to everybody. I tell them, “Just get Kinetico and you'll be happy.”

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Kinetico was very professional. I noticed a big difference in my water. I recommended Kinetico to a friend. They got the system too.

Reviewed May 24, 2024

The salesperson seemed knowledgeable. The system was put in when the house was under construction but it seems adequate and properly placed and secured to the wall so nothing's falling off. We started with good water and got better. The maintenance is not complicated but you have to know what it is. So, it's my intention to use their service once a year for Kinetico to come in and change the filters.

Reviewed May 24, 2024

I bought a house and Kinetico systems were in it. And then, I replaced it with another Kinetico system. The company is great. When I first was down there, they came out and showed me how to use the system. So, I thought that was interesting. I don't think I've ever had anybody else ever do that. They also left a pamphlet on it. They've delivered salt for the systems that I have there. They've been very easy to work with.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

I’ve had my system now for 3 or 4 years. Wouldn’t trade it for any other system, just had my yearly check up. Rick the technician did a great job. He explained everything as he was doing it and showed me what he was changing. Tested my water inside and outside. I will be requesting him for next year, when my unit is due for maintenance again. I would recommend Rick to anyone who has this system.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's very kind of you to take the time out of your day to share a good word.

Wishing you the best!

Kinetico Customer Support

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer Service

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I would like to advice to people that I am very disappointed to buy this Kinetico Water System due to worst customer service and technician service and facility. I would not like to recommend to buy this Kinetico water system.

Dear Arvind,

This matter has been reviewed by the financial institution that holds the note on this purchase, your area authorized Kinetico dealer and also, Kinetico Incorporated.

The water feeding your Kinetico products has been tested. The water coming out of your Kinetico products has been tested. Every product is performing as designed.

Emails, service appointments and phone records have been reviewed. All indicate that your concerns have been addressed in a timely and professional manner.

Customer Satisfaction is sometimes subjective to a customer’s perspective or expectations and not necessarily the established protocol and processes of a purchase. In this instance, there is no satisfaction guarantee that allows for these household appliances to be used for months then removed and the loan agreement cancelled.

Please know that while we are in disagreement with your review; Kinetico Incorporated and your authorized dealer remain committed to providing you the best in water quality and customer service.

Kinetico Incorporated

Customer Support

Customer Service

Reviewed May 6, 2024

We had bought a system off a guy that we thought worked through Kinetico and we had trouble with it. A few years later, we had to call the Indianapolis office being that's the closest one. They came down here and as soon as they looked at it, they said they couldn't work on it. That guy, evidently, bought some cheaper parts and added the Kinetico parts. We had to end up buying a whole new Kinetico system. I wish Kinetico had a place closer. It's $169 if we have anything done to the system at all for a technician to come down here at Columbus. I've been going up to about Greenwood at that location and buying salt there lately. It seems to be using a lot of salt. Every week, I have to put a bag of salt in there. Our water seems to be good all the time now but the fact that it's using that much salt is bothersome. But they're nice systems. They work well taking the rust out.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I purchased a water softener from Kinetico. Their sales representative called me and gave me a presentation. It was a positive experience. I would recommend them.

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Kinetico is the best water system that I've seen. It's the only system that uses clean water to flush when it recharges. We make appointments through a company called H2O Restorations. They're fantastic. They'll call me and remind me that the service is due. But if I need something, I can call them. A lot of times, I'll order my own filters so I can change those myself. We love the system. The price is more expensive than others but you get what you pay for. We also got a reverse osmosis for drinking and the water tastes better than bottled water.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I am extremely disappointed my Kinetico Water Purification System. The authorized company that installed my system has been of no help and I'm pretty sure that they botched up the installation. They don't take the product seriously and it seems that they consider it unimportant. The product itself is not working. 3 or more years later I am still using the original filters that were installed with the system. It was supposed to shut itself off when the filters needed to be replaced. But that feature is completely not working. I doubt that the service company installed it correctly in the first place.

I use bottled water because from day 1, guests in my home have told me that the water coming from the Kinetico system tastes terrible. I called Kinetico once and they were of little help to me. They told me to call the company that installed the system. So there is really no solution. I am looking to trash my Kinetico system and install something that actually works.

Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2024 9:15 AM

Subject: FW: Kinetico K5 / Tri County Mechanical

Importance: High

Hello Paul,

This email is in response to your posting to social media regarding your Kinetico drinking water system.

Here is the history of your Kinetico K5 installation as we have it.
    2020 Sept: installation
    2020 Sept: No water to ice maker. Ice maker line found crimped by remodelers. Line corrected by Kinetico dealer. K5 functioning as designed.
    2023 Aug: call to Kinetico. Filter life concern. Customer advised that filters can last 4+ years. Factory recommendation is yearly or every 500 gallons. Which ever comes first. Customer advised to call their installer if they remain concerned with the product performance, obtain filters or schedule a filter change.
    2024 May: Social Media posts by customer. Product does not work. Installer’s work is doubtful.

2024 May: Dealer confirms they have not heard from customer since installation. Dealer confirms the Owner’s Manual was left with the customer at installation.

Kinetico Incorporated is a highly ethical company that works only with ethical, trained, professional dealers. We are not sure why you went to social media rather than Kinetico or Tri County Mechanical. The owner’s manual advises a yearly filter change if the 500 gallons is not used up. You were advised in August of last year to have yearly changes and to call your dealer if you are concerned with the performance of the product.

Please advise your expectations resulting from your social media post. Please see below for digital receipts of all communications.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2024

The reps have been very helpful and they got everything set up and installed in a couple of hours. After it was put in, the water is soft and we noticed that change right away.

Reviewed April 29, 2024

We had Kinetico System in our house when we moved in. We originally had a well and the softener was very needed. At some point in the early 2000s, they switched over to a county water system and we assumed the water would be a little bit softer, but it really wasn't so we kept our old system. But after 20 some years, it finally had some issues where it wasn't recycling properly. We reached out to Kinetico to get a service call and they asked us about upgrading to a new system. It's a lot smaller and uses a lot less salt, which was something that we were interested in.

They installed an upgraded system and they did some plumbing and added some things and a shutoff valve. It's pretty easy to change the filters and it's got a remote system like a Bluetooth system that tells you when it needs salt. I can log into it and check our salt level without having to go down the basement and do all that. It's all mechanical, too, so we don't have to worry about power going out or resetting anything electronic. It's pretty convenient and it does a good job for us. We're happy with it.

Pinned

Thanks for this note Mark and the kind 5 stars.

Kinetico has systems for every occasion!

We are really glad that you appreciated the value of the product that came with your house and that you chose to stick with the brand!

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Our Kinetico system has been very good. You just keep salt in it and it works on its own. Everything's hands-free for the most part. Kintico's team also seems to be a good crowd to work with.

Reviewed April 28, 2024

Kinetico's rep came out, did his demonstration and was interesting. He was very knowledgeable. My husband adds salt to the system, checks the tank, and we have to replace the filters every so often.

Installation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

We got a water softener and a RO system from Kinetico. They're pricey, but it's a good quality system. To install it from the day they came out took three hours. They did a very good job. Since the installation, we have better quality water. It's not so hard, and we use less soap.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

Since installing Kinetico, the drinking water tastes better. I'm especially impressed with the reverse osmosis because there’s the cartridge that puts minerals back in the water, because normally, reverse osmosis water is dead. There's no benefit to it.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

We've had Kinetico for as long as we've lived on our property. That's the system we put in, and then we had to replace it. It works well. We deal with Gordon Brothers and have for over 20 years. They're good with me. Any time I have an issue, they come and assist me.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I have a Kinetico water softener and the reverse osmosis drinking water feature. Have had it for perhaps 7 years. It is great when it works but when it does not the repair costs are very high. Seems to need repairs frequently which is not good.

Hi Don,

We'd be happy to look in to your service history to find why you have 'frequent' service. It's certainly not what we expect. But in order to assist, we do need to know who you are.

Please feel free to connect with Kinetico Customer Support directly with concerns that we can assist with at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com or respond here with your identity.

Joint cooperation is required to address legitimate issues. Looking forward to helping.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

The team at Kinetico was very good. I would recommend them to anybody. The system makes my water drinkable. I have a Great Dane that insists on drinking out of the toilet, which is why we wanted the whole home system. And the dog’s healthy and he doesn't get sick from the water. It doesn't stain our sink and our clothes, so it's a good system.

Hi Tyler,

We are glad to hear your household is enjoying the water! Perhaps an elevated dog bowl will keep Doggo out of the commode? Just a thought.

We appreciate your taking the time to provide this review!

Reviewed April 5, 2024

We have a water softener and a drinking water system from Kinetico, and we've had nothing but a great experience with our Kinetico products. The installation team was great as well. They showed up on time and explained everything well. I love Kinetico and would recommend them to everybody.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I got the K5 that goes under your sink for drinking water. I also got a full home filtration system and a water softener. My experience has been great. It's the best thing I ever done.

Hi David,

Well, that's a glowing review! The 'best' thing!? Don't let the significant other read this! ;-)

Happy water, David. We appreciate you!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I have Kinetico's water filter and their chlorinator and dechlorinator. I got a really pretty good water system. The only thing I don't have is their reverse osmosis piece. Setting up the appointment with them was very easy to do. They have the best explanation. They seemed overall the top product. The guy that they sent out to initially review the system with me, Greg, was very good. He explained everything very well. Kinetico sent a top notch installation guy out. He went to work and got it done pretty much in the prescribed amount of time that he said he would. He did an excellent job. The system was set up very well. Any time I've been to the store to buy products, like salts or other filters, they're always very helpful, and answer any questions I have. So far, my experience has been excellent with them.

Since having Kinetico, the water has been definitely cleaner. I have no marks in any of my toilets or sinks. You can drink the water and it tastes good. So it's very good. They have a superior product and if you want clean water, that's where I would go. Their sales and installation teams are top-notch. I have downloaded their app, and I love it. It's really cool.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

Kinetico is a top-shelf company. We have their water filter system and it makes me feel that I'm drinking safe water. The installation went very well.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

We had a water treatment system installed and it went flawlessly. Then they explained the system after they did the work.

Pinned

This is how we like to see it happen: straight forward and simple.

Thanks Robert!

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed April 4, 2024

When we built the house, we had the water softener put in. It's the same water system that we had in the old house, and the water is much better. You can drink it from the faucet now. Before, you couldn't drink it from the faucet because it tasted nasty. Overall, I'm thoroughly satisfied with Kinetico. During the installation, there was a hiccup. I told them I wanted the reverse osmosis but then I told them to scratch that as we didn't want it. So it was $1,300 less. But when we walked in the house, the installers were drilling a hole in my marble top. They were halfway through it and I told them, “Stop. Check with the boss man. I told him I didn't want that. You got two choices. Either you give me that thing for free or you buy me new granite top. That's $6,000.” So I got a call from the big guy and he said there would be no charge. That was just a miscommunication on their part. But they were true to their word. They did everything they said they were gonna do.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

Setting up our appointment went very nice. The reps were very helpful and accommodating. The installation went very nicely as well.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2024

M husband used Kinetico at our previous house, and they came on a weekend in such a timely manner that we wanted to continue business with them. They did quality work at the other house. We're at a different place now, but still great work. They were very efficient, knowledgeable, arrived on time within the time frame given and did the work in a timely manner. They reached out to me three times. They called and reminded me, and they offered to change my water filter for me if I wanted them to.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

We were having problems with our existing system so we switched to Kinetico and we have noticed improvement. We got the reverse osmosis system. We also got the water softener from them and it notifies us all the time when it's low. Gordon Brothers did the installation and it was good.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with our brand and dealer.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed April 4, 2024

We built a new house in the country, and we heard Kinetico is the best. We have really rusty water, so we figured we'd try it. Setting up our appointment went really good. We had to wait a little, but it was fine. The guy came out and took all the information. We got the space saver and the osmosis system, and within a week, Kinetico came and put it all in. They did a better job than the guys that set up our house.

We love Kinetico. The product is really good, and our water is a lot better. If people don't have one, it's terrible out here. I had to call Kinetico once because I couldn't remember how to change the filter. The guy came out, walked me through it all again and said, “Give me a call any time. You guys got a good warranty. We'll come out and take care of anything.” I liked the customer service. It was really good. The system is a little expensive, but once people get it and it does what they want to do, it evens out. We have recommended them already.

Kinetico Company Information