Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.61/5

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Kinetico Gallery (2)

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: March 27, 2021

Our Kinetico system could be better. I had to replace the single filter that's on there two months after it was first installed. I've had to replace it once a month since then. Then, I had to go and call a company from Ohio in order to send me the filters that fit that water softening system. There’s nobody around my area who even makes the paper filter on. The salting system stopped working about six months after I bought it. So, I had to clean it completely out. Come to find out, the entire hose was completely clogged. I had to buy a different salting system for the salt portion that holds the water softening salts. When I reached out to the gentleman who installed it, they never called me back.

Initially, I called three different places in the area that I was living and all three of the places that I called were either all booked up or they didn't suggest a water softening system for me that was affordable. When I called up Kinetico, the rep sounded like he was pretty good. He had a decent reputation. He showed up with his son who was also his employee. I wasn't able to stand around his son at any point in time because hygiene was not a big thing for him. Somebody installing a water system perhaps should have decent hygiene. I stayed away while they installed the whole system. In hindsight, I wish they had just dropped everything off to me, and I would have installed it myself and it would have been fine.

Original review: March 26, 2021

We bought this house, and there was lead in the water. We do have a water softener from Kinetico, and we have a RO system. We had a service company put it in, and they were amazing. We now have no lead in our water.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I like the less salt usage with Kinetico. The water is softer now that I have the system installed. It's low maintenance as well, and it's pretty efficient on salt.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I was looking for water softeners a few years ago and got put together with Roger. Roger and his son came in to put the Kinetico system in and it went smoothly. Then ongoing, I'd get the free filters from Roger. That's all I do, so the system pretty much operates on its own. Now, I notice that the water is softer. I certainly still have some minerals that I deal with, but that's just from the salt in it. Other than that, it's good drinking water and good bathing and washing water.

Original review: March 23, 2021

The Kinetico system is great. But you can always tell when the water is not right. The first time we had an issue with our Kinetico system, the customer service guy from the business where we got the system came out but he didn't have a clue. He said that the clock might be off as far as for the system to run and that it might be the time to change the battery. My husband was mad because it didn't make sense that the rep didn't have a battery with him if the system needed a battery and he was coming out for it. Also, we constantly take our water to get tested. We had an issue again recently and they were supposed to come out and do something to it. But they haven't come out yet.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We live in New Jersey, right on the Hudson River. The water calcifies and leaves stuff and residue. But with the Kinetico in there, it doesn't cause any of that to happen and there's no noticeable taste in the water. We had a maintenance issue where the person who installed it did not let me know that I should be changing the filter on an annual basis. It's a pre-filter, which is also Kinetico before the softener. That caused an issue in terms of it being clogged and affecting water pressure but we got that rectified. Now we're on a schedule.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: March 21, 2021

I bought Water Softener S250 through Costco after seeing very high reviews for Kinetico. This product rarely worked. I believe first month it worked great after that it never worked. Believe their automated water regeneration never worked for me. I did complain few times and technician came few times to tell me your water softener is working great but what he did was simply do manual regeneration so worked good for few days and back to zero. Tried calling few more times and then was told that I had to pay for technician to be on site.

The system finally stopped working and for almost 2 years I didn't have soft water. How do I know it didn't work? Well the salt in my salt tank never went down for 2 years. Then past Christmas I took it to myself to get it to work. Ran lots of manual regeneration cycles and almost completed by Salt tank which was filled up completely in 2 months. After those 2 months I can feel soft water in my shower (usually I find out based on how soap, skin interact in shower). Long story short automated water regeneration never worked for me, believe the system sold to me was lower capacity and well anything you want to do is a costly effort with system. Thinking of replacing the system.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The water is good with our Kinetico water system. I don't have iron in it anymore. I just put salt in the system and there's no problem at all.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I got 36 years out of my original Kinetico system. I bought it from Aqua Soft and they treated me good. They told me they could rebuild it for the price of a new one. But rebuild is rebuild and new is new, so I just went and got a new one. I firmly believe in that system.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Our water tastes good with the Kinetico water systems. But I have noticed that when I drink it, especially if it's at night, it makes me more thirsty. I don't know if there's salt in it or we have to get it rebalanced through the reverse osmosis. Also, the filters for the RO system seem difficult to get. They should make those filters more readily available for replacements.

Kinetico Company Information