Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Kinetico Gallery (2)

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I've got an acre and a half and it’s all very hard water at the top of the hill. I got one of the commercial models of the Kinetico about a year and a half ago. It's serviced here locally by a dealer, who has been great. The system doesn't use very much salt in the bin. I am using half as much as I did before. I also noticed that the filtering system takes out a lot more particles than the last system I had.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

We knew our water was really hard. I'd gone through a couple of different units, and several times in between we’d stopped it. Then we decided we needed to get one. We found Kinetico and it seems to be working fine. The thing is we never hear from them to come and set up a change of filter. They say that if we have any problems, we go online. Well, they could contact me personally and set up an appointment even once a year. Then other than an email, they should tell us how it's going. Other than that, it's fine.

I could really tell a difference in the soaps and the creams that I use for laundry and for getting the stains out. They came out a lot better. Then in our hands and our body, the water felt smoother and not so dried out. Dishwashers, the same way. I use a rinse agent, but I don't have to add it very often, maybe once every six months. It just goes for a long time. So, that's getting our dishes clean and smooth, and not bumpy and streaked. The product is really good.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

We built our house and my kids had put a water softener in, and they were happy with it. We went through the same builder and they recommended Kinetico as well. The rep showed me what they could do. We've had the system since the get go. It was installed before we even moved in. We haven't had any build-up in the showers so that has been nice. All our faucets and stuff are bronze so that was a bit of a concern on my part. I didn't want to get the build-up and have to scrub hard with the bronze because the color would come off. Also, our water is yucky so it was important that we have it cleaned up and it has been painless. Kinetico comes and services every year. We have been happy with it. The only negative is it’s expensive, but it's worth it. You get what you pay for.

Kinetico response

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for sharing your Kinetico experience. We are glad your showers and faucets are all in excellent shape! There's nothing better than keeping new fixtures looking new. If you have questions or need help, let us know. You can reach us at customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

Thanks,

The Kinetico Team

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We have some extremely high hard water that was causing discolorization of our appliances. With the installer’s reputation and recommendation, we got the Kinetico system. Since having it, we have noticed the water has been a little bit softer. We've also noticed that it's a lot easier on the different showers, glass, and on the appliances. It's pretty seamless and just almost invisible, which I love.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

We had concerns with the hard water, the damage it did to the appliance. A filtration system was definitely needed. There was a water softener in our home a while back, but it was very old and not working, so we got Kinetico. We really like it. Now it takes a long time for the water to turn yellow. Our appliance is working really good. Everything comes up nice and clean. The water is soft when we take showers. The customer service was awesome as well. They call us to make the appointment and they change out the filter once a year. We're pretty satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

We knew that the water was hard and so we wanted to preserve our appliances. We heard a lot of good things about Kinetico and so we picked it. The person that came and talked to us was really good about his salesmanship. We have a purifier on the kitchen sink so the water tastes really good. We're really pleased with it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Water from a public system here is terrible and I was looking for something to make our water better. I kinda like the looks of Kinetico's system. And it seemed like it would be pretty good compared to some of the other ones. I reached out and they have very prompt service. We've had a few issues. Sometimes it seems like the water softener part of it kinda gets wonky a little bit and we would have to get someone come and look at it. Also, we have to change out the filters a little bit more than we expected. We thought maybe it would be once or twice a year but it's been a little bit more than that. Other than that, the change in our water has been enormous. Everything, the taste and appearance, is better.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

We have really bad water here in the Lower Valley. Even if it’s city water, it’s bad so we had to get something and I got Kinetico. The boss came over and saw if we needed anything for the installation, like how much tubing. Then, the installers came in that same week and did the installation. I work for a dealership and the installers were the guys that I worked with. I didn't have any problems. I was working when they were installing it and they were at my house by themselves. They did a pretty quick job. Ever since we moved in and put in the system, I've noticed that all the fixtures that we've replaced seem a lot cleaner than the ones that were already here before we put in the system.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

When we first moved into the area almost 30 years ago, the house that we purchased had a Kinetico system in it. It was one of the least troublesome things that we had to deal with in the house so when we built our new house and found out that the water contains a huge amount of nitrogen and sulfur, we went with Kinetico again. We moved to a different house and found out that they had a different water softener and we tried it but the water was awful. We had nothing but problems with it. We had it totally taken out, we redid our pump house, and we have Kinetico again.

The company that we go through is responsive, very professional, and very nice. We have a standing year appointment. They call us a couple of days ahead of that appointment and ask if we're ready. If we're not, because we haven't used it in a while or it's not as clotted with the calcium, we put it off for another month and they're okay with that.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I had Kinetico come out and test the water. They said it was bad so I put in the system. Now, we have soft water and the filtered water tastes great. It's fantastic.

Kinetico Company Information