It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

625 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I researched on water softener and filtration systems because of the water buildup on the hot water heater. I got a water softener and filter from Kinetico, which is local here in Mt. Angel, and I had a good experience with them. In general, the owner, Mike, has been tremendous and the interactions that I've had with the people there have been wonderful. Since their products were installed, I've noticed tremendous differences and there has been no buildup.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We had a Kinetico product for 20 years then we moved to a different property. We didn’t wanna change what we were already used to that's why we got a new one. The product is mechanical and requires no electricity so it’s pretty self-contained and easy. The installation went well. The installers were able to do the job and I wasn’t needed on the property to supervise. We're happy with Kinetico. It's a quality and reliable product that's why we stuck with it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Kinetico explained what they found in the water when they tested it and what system they recommended, and we went with that. I got a water softening system ‘cause I had hard water here in my house, and they got it installed pretty quick. However, we had some issues after it was installed. We had it break open and leak a couple times, and it was leaking all over the place. But the owner of the company got with me and got everything worked out. They sent their installer out to fix it, but the next day, it did the same thing. They sent someone else out to fix it, and we haven't had any problems since then.

The owner of the company brought out a different tank, and he didn’t charge us for that. It’s another expensive upgrade on the water system that we had, so we’re happy with the service. The smell on all the things that we were working to get rid of is gone. We have soft water now, which is not my favorite but it’s definitely better than the alternative. I’d definitely recommend Kinetico and I've referred them to other people.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Our water was lousy and I was fed up with Culligan. A neighbor had similar problems and they had a system installed. It sounded like it worked for them so I hired the same company they had and that company picked the hardware for a whole house filtration system. They were good with the installation and I got the Kinetico PS 1354x model. It was an improvement over our previous system that was 25 years old and was dead.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I was at a home remodel show and the booth next to me was a water guy that did home water systems. He told me to bring in my water. I tested my water, and I couldn’t believe how much chlorine was in it. The water guy was using the Kinetico system. I did some research on it and it seemed like a really good system. I bought the reverse osmosis water system, and it works really well. We like it. It gets rid of all the chlorine and the other crap out of my water that I don’t like.

Kinetico helped me out a lot. The rep that I dealt with seemed very responsive, timely, and had great customer service. The installers did a good job too. They knew exactly how to install the system, make it work and function correctly. Once the installation was complete, it was all clean and they didn't leave anything. My body is more happy with water versus having chlorine in there. I work out a lot, and my muscles don’t ache as much because it pushes out the lactic acid a lot better. Kinetico makes really good products, and they have really good customer service here in Salem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

The system that I had before was old and wasn’t working. I had Kinetico come in and give me some idea for what can be done. I was leaving on a trip to Canada in a few weeks and I told them that I would like to have it done before then. They fit me in, came in, and installed the system so I was able to leave with the system operational and on. I had a full system installed and the tech did the job well. He checked the old system out and did the best he could. He then came back and installed the Kinetico system. He had some help from somebody else.

I’m on well water and it's hard. It also has a lot of rust on it. I was almost at the point where I was cleaning the toilets every other day because the water in the toilet bowl looked used. If I was gone for a week or two, the toilets would always have a ring on it. In fact, I have one toilet that is totally stained. There’s a big difference with the Kinetico. I’m very satisfied and pleased with the system. It works as it’s supposed to and needs almost no maintenance. I had a fantastic experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

This is our second house that we put a Kinetico system in and I can't speak enough about the company that put the system in. About 18 years ago, our very first house had a well and what you could see everyday was literally gravel. This company is not even close to us. We had one in our town but we chose that company because they came to our house and sold us the same exact thing, and the person gave us the information and the pricing and told us to call him if we wanted. On the other hand, the others barely left our house without a check.

For the second house, we didn't even call anybody else. We had the same company and this is even a different owner now but Bill did the same. He was equally as nice and informative. We knew what we needed when we moved in and when Bill came in, it was a matter of being tested and also undersold. I wanted to be able to fill the tank, do the laundry and run the dishwasher at the same time. And he was like, "How many times do you do that?" But I wanted to. It's only my husband and I and one kid. But I have a large child, a son who likes to wear many outfits per day. Bill gave me many options, including a smaller version, and we went with a medium to higher approach. He was very pleasant and he gave me all the paperwork. Also, we knew the ballpark of what we spent in the last house and the ballpark where we thought we would be almost 20 years later was still comparable.

The installer was awesome as well. He even showed me the difference and how to work the machine. He was also the one who came out on a Saturday when there was a slight valve problem. He fixed it and although he could have never known, he couldn't have been more apologetic. In that respect, Bill has been nothing but helpful as well. Aside from sending the technician out, they gave us more peroxide. This stuff is not cheap and nobody ships it. I even drive out to Charlton for that. They're 45 minutes away and although I could buy my peroxide from someone closer, I don't since we're taken care of like that. We could not be happier. The girl who works in the office where I go and get my chlorine is fabulous too. I can't say enough about the three people that I have encountered.

When we bought this house, it was 12 years old and it had a filter but I'm almost positive that it was not a Kinetico. I couldn't fill my tub without it smelling and there's nothing worse than smelling like rotten eggs. The system wasn't large enough and it didn't filter that out enough. We got a dual-chamber product, which also softens the water. That has changed the showering and there is no more sulfur smell.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

The old water softener I had all of a sudden had air in the line and our water started tasting like salt. The Shiloh Water people who sold Kinetico's products told me about Kinetico and I got a new system from them. Their reps did a really good job and they were professional. They had nothing but good things to say about Kinetico's product like it was top of line and the absolute best. The installer did a good job, too. I called Shiloh a couple days after I had it done and I told them that I felt that the water tasted better than it ever had in the 24 years I've lived in that house.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I newly purchased a home and I wanted to upgrade the filtration and softening system and provide the best water possible for my family. It was very easy to set up an appointment and Shiloh Water came out and assessed the situation. They presented some options and I chose to go ahead and move forward with Kinetico. It seemed like a good quality product and I purchased a softening system for the whole house. It was only about a week before Shiloh was back out and executed the install. All around, my experience dealing with them was fantastic. The water seems great now. There is no smell and it tastes good. It doesn't seem to be leaving rings and stains on the plumbing either.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We've had a Kinetico system for about 25 years. It worked well and we didn't have any problems with it. The system measured out the water that was coming through and when it was time for it to flush back again. Then it quit working. It wore out. Since I thought it was a good product and I'm familiar with Shiloh Water Systems in Silverton, Oregon that put the system in, I called one of the guys that had been out here before to service the unit and he said that something's not working on it. And that we needed to rebuild it again. He replaced the head and then we basically put in a new system and upgraded it to a salt system. So far, I've been checking my pH, and the pH has been staying on where it should be. And everything in the system seems to be working okay.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The water results from our well required that we get some kind of arsenic system per the town regulations. I reached out to Advanced Water Systems in Charlton and gave them a copy of my water results. They put together a recommended system from Kinetico and that's what we agreed on for my home. The installation was done by the same company. The person they sent out told me when he was gonna be here. When he came out, he did the installation of the water softener and the arsenic filter system and reviewed everything with me. He also showed me the maintenance that was required on my part. It was smooth and quick and they were readily available if I had any questions.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had a brand new house and the rust that I was getting in the water started to stain products in the house. Kinetico was the one in our area and I like doing business with local companies that is not dealing with Culligan. I had Culligan formally in Connecticut and I was not happy with them. They were too big. So, I chose to go with Kinetico and the local team that uses their product were the ones who installed my system. They also service me if I need it and things went very smoothly with them. I like them very much and the rep I worked with was fantastic. The owner of the company was also involved and I'd give a very high rating to the technician that he had down here installing it and completing the work. They were very good, very pleasant, and very informative.

So far, switching to the Kinetico system made a huge difference. It does water softening as well as conditioning. For maintenance, all I do is add salt. I buy 40-pound bags of Morton salt and keep it here at the house. Then I add it as needed and the other device will last at least at year. I enjoyed Kinetico's service and I look forward to continuing doing business with them. I have also recommended them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We're on well water and we have really hard water. Our water also has the sulfur smell which wasn’t gonna work for my family. So, we decided to look into water systems. I liked and appreciated that Kinetico came out and did the water test. That really sold us on their product. I got from them a whole house water filtration and softener system. Setting up the first appointment was really easy. There were so snafus. They quickly found the date that was mutually beneficial to us, and set it up.

Their reps were extremely friendly. Ryan who did the water testing was really knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. He walked us through the product, made us feel comfortable and had no problems answering our questions. Then, we had to figure out where our well was and the lines. I'd send him pictures and he took all of our calls. When the installers came out, they worked really hard and were communicative in explaining the process. I also liked how even the owner of the company came out cause we had to build the pump house for it because of the location where we wanted it. He survey everything to make sure everything was put there.

Everyone who came out were on time and communicated the process and their schedules to us. It was nice and I felt completely taken care of by their company. Now, I feel like I've become a water snob because of this. I like the taste and feel of the water. Kinetico really made the differences. And I'm happy knowing that my appliances are gonna last a whole lot longer, and I just love it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I started researching water filtration systems due to the little spots the water leaves on my car and on the windows after I wash it, and there are the hard chemicals on the pipes and faucets. My wife also wanted her hair to feel different after a shower. The licensed installer was pushing Kinetico and we went by their advice. Plus we didn't read anything poor about the system. We got a full-household softening system and there was some confusion at the beginning when we engaged the contractor. He had some turnover as far as employees go and ours got dropped as far as implementation, but the owner rectified it. He apologized, called and got the system set up.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We started with a sock filter from Kinetico and it takes care of the big debris that could get in the valves of the toilet. Our water is pretty good but we noticed some limescale, and so we had them test the water and they told us what they thought we needed, and that’s what we put on. To find people in this day and age that don’t do a sloppy job is very uncommon, but the people from Kinetico did a professional job of installing both the sock filter and the salt filter. They knew what they were doing and they were clean. They showed up when they said they were gonna show up. I give them a call when I wanna order supplies, and they're no-nonsense. They are able to get the supplies out with no problem. Our water is a lot softer now and we use less soap. The system also cuts down on the film in the plumbing ‘cause eventually, the film could cause other issues like a hot water tank.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We used a water filtration system in Minnesota for the four years we were there. Then when I wanted to get a system installed again, the appointment with Kinetico was the quickest one I could get. The guy who came out here for the free water test was very good. If he wasn’t the one who was testing the water and telling me about it, I probably would not have bought a water softener and a filtration system from them. The installation took a while but the one guy that did it was fantastic. When I had an issue, I called him back and everything was fine.

Since having the system installed, our water has been extremely good compared to what we had. Our water is a bit softer and although our skin still gets dry, it doesn't get as dry as before. The tank we had in our old water system was bigger and I thought was a lot better or more efficient. The tank we have now from Kinetico is smaller and the softener is okay, but the system is pricey. I’m not too sure, however, if I would choose just the basic unit if I had to buy another system again. In general, the company can be a bit better.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Kinetico Water Systems has a good product. I actually had a unit in another house across the road. I bought it from a guy at The Water Doctor and I was very happy with it. When we moved in with my dad four years ago to help take care of him, his house had hard water and I didn’t wanna drink it. I wanted something that didn’t run on electricity and has low maintenance so I decided to go with Kinetico again. The sales rep did a good job. He was very polite and thorough on testing the water and showed me what the results were. All I knew then was the water was four times hard that it starts staining things.

The system we ended up purchasing was a big unit and it's supposed to do up to 18 gallons a minute because we do irrigate. In fact, we host a car show to raise money for medical research so we have a lot of lawn to keep up throughout the summer. The person who installed the unit put in some extra valves for me that I wanted. In addition to that, we ran a bypass out back to the old pump house, and so I had access to that. And I went from thereon and buried some pipes across the driveway myself. But he did a neat installation and has done a good job. And since purchasing the system, we use less soap. Our skin also feels better and the clothes come out cleaner. More than that, the water tastes better, I can drink it straight out of the faucet. I’ve recommended Kinetico to several people.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We purchased a Kinetico system, water softener and iron filter approx 2-1/2 years ago. We replaced the iron filter last year and are in the process of replacing the water softener now. I do Not recommend the Kinetico system at all. It did absolutely nothing to help with the iron problem of Florida water! And they promised that it would, because that was my main concern. Now, $3,500 later we are starting all over again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our good friends at Shiloh have taken care of our well water for a long time. Up here in our area, we have things like iron and manganese in our rocks where the aqua floor is. There is also some arsenic due to volcanic activity in the past. Our friend there at Shiloh told us about Kinetico Water Systems. We’ve known him as a friend and a business for almost 30 years. As versions and things get updated, we learned more about our water system. He has been a great advisor and he's top-notch in this area.

The dealer set up our Kinetico for us and we came off a little longer, so it has just made it awesome. With our K5 Drinking Water Station, our water tastes like creek water again. The system is maintenance-free and technicians come out on a yearly inspection to check everything. And there’s nothing to do with the filter system until a light comes on. It's then that we know that we need to take a look at our filters again.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My house is pretty old and it is on a well. There was a lot of iron in the water system, so it was turning the appliances orange and the water wasn't very drinkable. Plus I own a company where we have to use food products and I couldn't use that water for the food products at all because it was contaminated. So, I needed some sort of filtration system because I didn't wanna switch to city water. It doesn't taste that good and it's gonna cost me a lot of money.

I went to Home Depot to look at water filtration systems and they referred me to Kinetico. We set up an appointment and it was a very quick and easy process. They had a guy come out and do a free testing. He was very personable and very knowledgeable on the product. The fact that he had a lot of knowledge on it was really enticing. He also made me really feel good about what the product was gonna be doing. He was very professional as well, which I respected coming from another business person. At the time, I didn't have the exact money down that was gonna be needed to pay for it and they also had information on ways to go about it. I ended up getting a Home Depot credit card to pay for the filtration system that I bought from them and the system was pretty expensive. I have the mineral barrel and I have two stages of filtration.

When the system was installed, the guy who came out was a good worker, very knowledgeable, and very professional. I was watching him do the whole thing and he had given me insights on how to upkeep it, how it's working, and why they have to do this and that. So, it was really not the kind of situation where they just did their thing and left. He made sure that I was knowledgeable about the system. During the first few days that the system ran, there was almost a texture in the water that was kind of sulfuric. But after the filtration did its thing for the next couple of days, the water was very clear, very crisp, and very clean. It was very refreshing.

But the biggest difference was the bathing. Before I had Kinetico, I smelled the contamination in the water when I was taking showers. But after the filtration system cleaned it up, I felt a sense of relief and now I don't feel like I've taken a dirty shower anymore. I've also recommended Kinetico to a couple of people. Nowadays, a lot of companies are just trying to be in and out to do more jobs, but Kinetico was really prominent on making sure that I had a good and very knowledgeable experience. They showed concern for the reason why I wanted my water fixed. So, as long as they keep doing that, they're gonna be as good as they've ever been.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The Kinetico water softener regenerates based on the amount of water you’re using, not on time. It seemed to me that all the other ones we looked at had a timer and would automatically regenerate whether or not you are using any water. So we liked that mechanism with Kinetico and that’s the real reason that we went and decided to do it. We got a new system last year and it was easy to set up an appointment.

Now, we have Shiloh Water and they’ve been great. They’ve replaced our pump and our pressure tank. They've also replaced our water softener with a new one. They have answered all of our questions and have been very responsive and helpful. So we’ve been happy with them. Our water is significantly better too. The system has not wiped out the problem that we have with iron but the system makes it manageable. Before, we had a lot of iron in our water and it was staining all of our appliances, our sinks and our toilets. I’d recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We had our water tested and it had iron, magnesium, and lime in it. Kinetico was recommended and we liked that it didn’t require any electrical power from outside. We got their filter system and the installation went smoothly. Their reps were all very good too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had a Kinetico water system 30 years ago and it didn't break. It lasted but finally, it gave up so it was time for a new one. We set up an appointment and the people at Kinetico were great and very helpful. We got the mid-range water softener and the installer was fantastic. He answered my questions and was very helpful. He also said that I could always call if I have more questions.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I called a water tester in our area who's the distributor for Kinetico and that was the only brand he recommended. We got a Kinetico water softener for the iron and the manganese in our water. Bill, the gentleman who came out, was really helpful, and the people who installed the system were great. They were clean. I can now wash my white clothes without having rust stains on them, which is really good. I also color my hair and my hairdresser had said that she could tell that my hair doesn't look quite so brassy. She couldn't feel the minerals on my hair as much. We're also just making sure we can drink the water out of the tap and it tastes good. Everything seems to be going really well and we're happy with Kinetico.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We use well water and when I tested it when we first drilled the well, it was borderline with high-iron content. After about four years of that, we decided to reach out to someone that sells the Kinetico stuff. The reps did a good job and got it installed. They explained everything to my wife on how it works and how to change the pre-filter on it. It was dumping too much water so they readjusted it and everything’s working great. We could definitely tell a difference with the taste. We also don’t have the hard water spots when we wash our cars and laundry.

The only thing that I wish they would do is make the filters available online. You basically gotta go right back to the same dealer that you worked with, and it just makes it a lot easier for the consumer if they made those where you could just purchase some right direct from the internet. Nevertheless, I would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Was very happy with system and the company that supplied the water softener system. The person was very knowledgeable about products along with the testing the water as well. He also returned to check to make sure we were happy. I did think the system was a little expensive but I think it will work well for us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I had hard water so I researched on water filtration systems. The reps of Kinetico have been great, so I've had two water softener systems from them that I've used in two homes in three years. The installers did an excellent job. They were very knowledgeable and helpful, and they tried to get me what I needed.

The process was very smooth. Since having the systems, my water is not hard anymore and everything has been great with the quality of my water. I would highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Joseph was very professional and businesslike. He did what needed to be done, and explained everything to my satisfaction. My one complaint is not with Joseph, but with the way in which the service contract is billed. The relevant service visit was free, and was not charged; however, I was setting up a new service contract. That contract is billed a year in advance, and that part not only was not explained, there was no indication on the bill that this was for a payment being made in advance. I hand wrote on the receipt on the line which simply says 'labor' that this was being paid for the coming year. This fuzzy way of handling the billing itemization of the annual service contract is pretty lame in my estimation, and not consistent with the otherwise quality service being provided.

One other thing, the test for whether or not the water softener was filtering out minerals was pretty Mickey Mouse if you ask me. When I ask that he perform a different test, those results were inconclusive because his testing powder was out-of-date and didn't appear as the proper color. I still am not confident that our water hardness is really '0', especially because up until now it has NEVER tested as '0' with the equipment currently being used.

Kinetico response

Hi Mark,

Thanks for making Kinetico aware of your concerns. We will pass them on to the local dealer so that they can look into their processes and make corrections as necessary. We'll also ask them to call you to follow up.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

We are the owners of a well that supplies water to several residences and as part of the responsibilities or maintenance of that, we had to water check for various elements, and arsenic came up a little higher than it should've been. We started to investigate the different ways of removing arsenic, and I was put in touch with a wholesaler of water filtration systems. They gave me the name of a gentleman and a company not far from where our well is. It was through them that we had this project installed, and they are the ones that carried the Kinetico line. We purchased a water softener, and also a point of view system to deal with arsenic.

Shiloh Water Systems out of Mt. Angel installed the Kinetico system, and they were knowledgeable, had lots of experience, and did a good job. They had been installing that line of products for quite a long time and they mentioned how it doesn't consume high amounts of salts for the water softening. It ended up being very little maintenance, which is something I really appreciate, not being able to be there very often myself. I would recommend Kinetico to others.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I had a lot of Sulphur and rust in my water. One of our friends put Kinetico in their house and the system works. I had the same issue he has so we got one ourselves. It was convenient setting up the appointment. The rep came here and did a good job. He showed us what we needed and took a sample. Since the installation of our system we have no more staining on the toilets and sinks.

Kinetico Company Information