4.5/5 (272 ratings)

About Kinetico

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The vendor has been responsive but I'm not happy with the Kinetico system. Always, after it charges, we get a saline taste in the water. They've been out here three times, made adjustments, thought it was fine but they can't seem to fix it. I'm tired of calling and having them out here. My recourse will be to replace it with a different product in the next few years.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

We had purchased an RO system in Rockford so we already knew we wanted an RO system here. We like the RO system and the water softener. They do a good job. We would recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

We have a 20-foot well that we didn't use anymore where it’s right in the backyard. They filled it up and put extra dirt on top. If it's settled, it has dirt to take care of it. However, that mound of dirt is not settling very fast. I'm wondering if we should start leveling it out or not. Other than that, I'm happy with the system. I'd highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

The installation team was good. I've had Kinetico for years, and our water is softer.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

My experience with the Kinetico rep was good, and I'm happy with the system. The upkeep is minimal, and our water’s a lot better now. It's easier on our appliances, shower and faucets. Also, when the reverse osmosis had a manifold go bad, they fixed it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

The installation team was fantastic. We have had Kinetico in the last four houses we've owned, and we've always loved their product. So every time we have bought a new house, we've put Kinetico in.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The people from Mohr Soft Water here in Red Bud, Illinois have a good reputation for the products that they sell and they recommended Kinetico. Red Bud, Illinois is notorious for having subpar water. We got the whole shebang from Kinetico. We have the drinking water carbon filter business and the whole house water softener treatment system. Our water is clean now that we have Kinetico. It doesn't have an odor. It's just what you want. It's soft. Previously, we had a system that took electricity from the whole house system. The Kinetico system does not use electricity, which is a plus.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Working with Kinetico went pretty well. My only complaint with them would be that for a while, the filtration cartridges were hard to come by. If someone was to ask me what I thought about the system, it's great. The only thing is that the filtration cartridges are fairly overpriced.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Our Kinetico system keeps everything a lot cleaner. The water is usable now to where before, it wasn't and you can drink it now. The upkeep of the system has been really simple. My nine-year-old daughter could do it. We keep the salt in the system and change filters. The salt depends on the water usage, and we change the filter once a month.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Kinetico's customer service is very nice and they’re right on the ball. They do everything they can for you. I have to drink an awful lot of water because I have kidney problems. So, I love my Kinetico. I wouldn't be without it and I just had a new one put in the garage. I feel safe when I can drink my water. I had the system serviced every year for a long time and the guy who owned Kinetico here in St. George came and told me that I don't use water for cooking and I don't have a house full of people, so I only need to change the filters for the one in the kitchen every two years, which was very good of him because he was honest. He could have said that I need it serviced every year and charge me to do nothing.

I just had the system in the kitchen serviced a couple of months ago. But the one in the garage didn't have to be serviced. It's a brand-new one. The system was quite expensive but that's okay. It doesn't need filters so, I'm set there. But I keep up on servicing everything. If they say a year, I have it done every year. People should get the Kinetico system if they can afford it. It's an investment. When the guy came two years ago, he said the one in the garage was kaput. I told him to put in a new one. I didn't even think about it. It has been here 20 years. It has lasted a long time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I'm happy with Kinetico. Working with their team was good. The installation went smoothly and the system works well. It's efficient. It doesn't use a lot of salt and it does what it's supposed to. So, I like it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Tony, the rep, was a great person to interact with. My regular water smells horrible but I didn't buy a whole system from Kinetico. I just bought an under the sink one. I wouldn't drink any water out of my faucet but my drinking water that comes out of its own little tap is phenomenal.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Dealing with the reps from Kinetico was very good. I purchased the water softener and the water purifier under the sink for drinking water. Since then, the water tastes better especially for the drinking part, and you have soft water on your skin. The upkeep of the system is easy, just adding in the salt. I would recommend Kinetico. It’s a good system.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

The system has been working fine. I just add salt when it needs it. It uses salt as you use water. It doesn't continually soften.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

The water is really hard. We were changing fixtures all the time. Everything turns orange. With Kinetico, I like that you don't have to plug in the system. It's metered but mechanically. It's pretty low maintenance. You just add salt and it goes. It takes a lot of water to clean the brine tank. But the system is not doing what it used to do because now I noticed that the orange is starting to come back. The reps were knowledgeable and friendly. Anytime I have an issue, they've tried to help me, but it doesn't seem to work.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

They're all wonderful people. They were here a few months ago working on the system and they changed a valve. Once a year, they change the filter on it. The system is doing fine.

Hi Carolyn,

How very nice of you to say! We'll be certain to share this with the team in Las Vegas. We are certain they will be pleased to know of your review.

Thanks again,

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I'm on rural water now, but I still use Kinetico's filter deal. I got real good results from what I'm using. I get mine at Steven Fargo and I call him when I need filters. I had trouble here last year. Something wasn't working right. It was leaking. So he sent me the part and he never charged me for it.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I got an RO system for my house. We do an annual inspection on the water system. We pay an annual fee. And every April, Kinetico comes out and does a water test to make sure everything's working like it's supposed to, repair anything that's broken, and replace filters.

Original review: July 26, 2022

We're happy with Kinetico water softener. I like that it just leverages the kinetic energy of the water pressure, and it works nice. I'm good to go with the water.

Original review: July 24, 2022

I like the Kinetico okay. There were a lot of differences in the water.

Hello Mrs. Metcalf,

We are curious why it's ok rather than fantastic?

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: July 23, 2022

Good installation and service.

Great news, Eric!

Don't hesitate to connect with Kinetico Customer Support with any questions or comments at 800.944.9283 or customersupport@kinetico.com

Original review: July 22, 2022

This is the second house that I've had a Kinetico in. When I first moved here to Fargo, I was getting a water softener. When I had the water softener in my last house, I naturally picked the Kinetico for this house. The same guy installed both of them. It went great. If I got another water softener, it would be a Kinetico. They're reliable. They use less salt.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I have terrible water. It's rusty and hard. Since I got Kinetico, when the water comes out, it's not rusty and hard anymore. I'm happy with the system and I've told other people about it.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I've got a water softener system and an iron removal system from Kinetco. They don't require a lot of maintenance on anybody's part and I like that. There was initially a problem with the iron filter but the engineers looked at the issue, designed a new spring, and fixed it. So, they're very responsive. I built the house in '96 and there's a well. I was concerned about getting 88 parts per million of iron but with my Kinetico system, I have zero parts per million iron right now. So, it works great.

Original review: July 19, 2022

I got the water softener system from Kinetico and things worked great with them.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I looked at Kinetico, went to the home show, walked up to a guy and said, "Hey, I've done my research, I want you to install a system. This is gonna be the easiest sale ever. Ours is 20 years old. It's gotta go. Drinking water system softener." He said, "I will call you," he showed up and it has been good. The water quality is good. I've just been noticing our shower heads are getting scaly. Against my better judgment, he said, "I don't think we need to do a water test because I just did one down the road about five miles." But there's something going on and it needs a tweak to run it a little more often per gallon. And our water was different. I was about to get on the app and shoot him a message to see if he could come out and test my water because we never tested it just to see if I'm a little harder than what was preset on the unit and get that dialed in.

I like that we don't have to think about our system. It's easy to use. It just does its own thing. I like that it runs whenever it needs to run and we've got the dual tank so it can run during the day and we still get processed water out of the other tank. All I have to do is add salt whenever I needed it. I wish my system was even smarter and it had a connection to the app right from my system so that I could see how it's doing. But maybe that's the next version of the system, meaning it's got a WiFi connection that connects to my home, and I could see how everything is doing versus have to manually look. The next advancement in my drinking water house softener system would be to make it "smart" where it could say, "Here's my drinking water filters, their remaining life, my softener status, and when it's running."

It would be cool for the guy that installed it to get alerts from the system versus from me. Because my furnace and air conditioner have that. If there's a problem, it sends the company that installed it a notification about what's going on, and they call me and say, "Hey, this is going on. Can we come out and take a look?" versus me going, "I didn't even know that." Because he installed drinking water, reverse osmosis, and the softener. If Kinetico could go to that next leap and monitor that for me or for itself, that would be cool.

Hi Eric,

We appreciate this feed back. Kinetico's claim to fame is non-electric products. It's difficult for you or the dealer to be notified of the product's performance.

Kinetico is making advanced in the IoT arena and Connected Products. We do have a line of electric products that connect to an App. We have the salt monitor, which is non-electric that communicates with the app with the customer. The electric softeners connect with an app and also our leak detection system.

Stay tuned!

Original review: July 11, 2022

I got a water softener and an iron remover from Kinetico. I work with them every year. I'm very happy with everything.

Original review: July 2, 2022

We purchased a system, and installation was very easy. They sent a technician to the house and they took care of it all. I like that it's self-powered so you don't have to have electricity to the system, and it softens the water. My wife's skin is very dry, so she has soft water. We got the system that has no downtime to it, because it has two processing tanks. It would swap over whenever the other one is rinsing. It's a great system, and I will always have a Kinetico in whatever houses I own. We've had a system for so long, I don't know what it's like to live without one. We feel cleaner, and our clothes are cleaner coming out of the washer. We don't get any calcium buildup on our showerhead or any of our faucets anymore. Those are the main things.

Original review: June 25, 2022

All has been excellent with Kinetico. We did the water softener with the reverse osmosis and now, I can drink the water without having to buy bottled water. I prefer soft water for bathing, laundering and drinking. I like the convenience of buying the salt and any replacements as well as people answering your questions about filter changes. The customer service has been excellent.

Original review: June 19, 2022

We've had several Kinetico products, and we keep buying them. It’s a good service. The techs show up when they say they would, and they do their testing. It’s great. The last one we purchased was a unit for a 4,000 square-foot home, under air, in Guilford Connecticut. And we have two filtration systems under the sink. There’s one for the house, which is based on a sodium ion exchange. It seemed to make a lot of sense that we didn’t waste a lot of salt, and we didn't have periods of time where we wished we had soft water. And they never break. They just do their job. I love it. It’s a great system and worth every penny. But I wish it wasn't so expensive. We're having another house built in Florida so we talked to somebody down there. That would be a whole house RO system that would cover six different outlets in the house.

Hello Gary and Mrs. Nuttall,

Thanks for your continued patronage. We appreciate your encouraging message.

Kinetico Company Information