It's that easy Request Information
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

879 Kinetico Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 6, 2019

We had really hard water out in our area. I went through Home Depot and they said they would send somebody out to test my water, and they did. They were from a plumbing company who recommended and sold Kinetico. We got a water softener for the whole house for a year now and everything's good with it. We have soft water now.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We purchased a Kinetico water softener and it's been working fine. Kinetico did a good job setting up our appointment. Everything was fine. And the installation was wonderful.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We had a water filtration system at our other house and we liked it. We called, we called again, and they never came out. They never returned my calls. So, Kinetico was the next that I called. The rep knew what she was talking about and she was friendly. Since having Kinetico, water is softer. It's not as hard and there is not as much buildup.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We were looking for some soft water and something that would take the white stuff all around our faucets. I had had a water softener before, and I really didn’t like it, so I wanted another one. My brother was using Kinetico, so I checked on it. I like the thing that you just don’t have to have somebody come out and fill it all the time, all you gotta do is put salt in it and it’s maintenance-free. And when you call Kinetico and there’s some little something you think that is wrong, they’re here. They come really quickly. Their customer service has been really good.

I’m very sensitive to salt and I was buying water at those ice machine things and I still was having problems with my blood pressure. So, we happened to be down at Kinetico one day, and we told them about that and they said theirs was filtered with salt anyway. We had to have a guy out to put in an osmosis thing. My blood pressure has been great since then. I’ve been very satisfied with Kinetico.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The water in our area is super hard and there’s been a lot of live damage in the lines so we’ve been trying to replace some of the stuff, and softening the water would help. We replaced our water heater and had a softener put in. The installer went over it with us, and we chose Kinetico. I got the non-powered unit with two tanks. I like that I don’t have to plug it in and things like that.

They installed it really quick. The water’s softer now. I got a whole house filter put on too, so it’s cleaner water too. We love the tankless water heater we put in. We put in potassium chloride instead of just the regular salt, so we’re running that instead just so I can use it to water my plants without ruining anything. The water is clean now and has no color, but if you look at the filter that we used to have in there we’re like, “How? How the heck this…?The city water is kinda funny because I think they need to replace our line. I have told my neighbors I’ve got the system. I showed them my filters.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Our neighbor got a Kinetico and really liked it. We trusted them and we got a water filtration system too. The sales rep did a good job and my husband said the installation went smoothly. Now, you can definitely tell that we have soft water compared to going to a hotel.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have hard water. I live in a rural community. So I got a water softener and the drinking station. I went with Kinetico because I’d had it in my old previous home. t’s automatic and there’s no electronics. It just works. Plus the reps were wonderful. I’ve dealt with them in the past and had no problem. I told my neighbor about Kinetico and he had them install one.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We have significantly hard well water out where we live. We already had a water system when we moved in, but it seemed like it never worked properly. We got a big water softener from Kinetico and since we got it, it's night and day difference. And for the money and what we've gotten out of our Kinetico, I would recommend it every day.

Our experience as well as setting up our appointment with Kinetico were great. I like the company. As soon as the Home and Garden Show, he called us, and within a few days, he was out at our house. He was very timely. The installation team was fine, too, and we haven't had any issues, so we haven't had to get in contact with anybody since the installation.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought a whole house water purifier and softener from Kinetico Water Systems. I've lived in a house that had one and so I wanted another one. It was easy setting up my appointment with Kinetico. Plus, the installation team was great. They were fast and efficient. But I'm not happy with my system. It leaves a gray residue in my toilet. I contacted Kinetico and they just replaced the parts. They've tried twice to fix it and now, they've replaced the different parts, but unfortunately, my warranty runs out at the end of the month and then I'm on my own whether it works properly or not, which is a big crap because it never worked properly in the first place.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We have hard water in this area and our old system was no longer efficient. Setting up an appointment with Kinetico was very easy. They were very good and the rep was very professional. We purchased a middle-level water softener from Kinetico. It was the most expensive product, but I liked that it is long-lasting and driven by waterpower. The installer was very good too. He knew what he was doing, did the job right, and gave me a good orientation on how to use the water softener. We now have much softer water. The water softener is maintenance-free. We just need to be aware of the salt level.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve had Kinetico since we moved in the house. I had the well in, and up and running, but we weren’t using it domestically. We were using it for building the house. When I moved in, we put a regular filtration system in and it was the only thing I needed. A friend of mine owns a pool company and he is right around the corner. He could test for everything and we had the water tested a couple of times and they were saying we have hospital-pure water. The only thing we had was acid, so we put calcite in the tanks and that kills the acid. The old system lasted 25 years and I’m really happy with that but we’ve been getting filled here in Maryland with dreadful water. So, what was happening was my well water was picking up more sand because I never had the issue until this year. It’s probably what killed my old system. I don’t know why we were picking up sand and he couldn’t figure out either because I’ve been using this well for 40 years.

Our water table here in Maryland is just crazy. I sent a picture to the Kinetico dealer in Severna Park so he could he see the numbers and names of everything that I had and he took it from there. He came out and he had everything with him. We tried to figure out the sand and he couldn’t figure it out either. I had a filter on it, but he not only replaced it but he put another filtration system in. They took out the old system, got rid of it for me, put in a whole new system. I got the two-tank with a water monitor on top and the gentleman who put in the new system was great.

The nearest dealer for Kinetico was in Pennsylvania and we had one that was closer but this guy came up from Severna Park, which is two hours away from my house and he lined us up with a couple other customers. He was apologetic because he put me at the end of the list because of his route and I said we were fine. He was very prompt. He even asked permission because he told me that it would be late in the day. I wasn’t sitting there around, waiting for him. He called me in the morning and he gave me an approximate time, which was understandable, because if he had trouble with one of the other ones, it would take longer. He was in touch with me the whole time. He did everything and I wouldn’t have done that unless he told me because he was just out there. He was friendly, very informative, talked to me and took good care of me.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Our water is rural and they're not connected with the Stillwater water system. We don't get it from Carl Lake, either. I wanted to get a water softener and Kinetico were the people that I talked to that I had the most trust in. Their rep was very forthcoming and an interesting guy to talk to. It seemed like he knew his business. I got a water filtration system, and the installation was very easy. Since having our Kinetico, it's easier to lather up in the shower and wash our hands. We had to change the filters out just a month ago and we called Kinetico up on a Wednesday and their rep was here on a Thursday afternoon.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I had familiarity with the Kinetico salesperson in this area. I was impressed with his knowledge, experience, and courtesy. We bought a water filtration system and since using it, our water is less hard. The taste is okay. Also, the usage of the hot water seems hotter because of the system working all that hardness out. And all in all, I’m very content with it.

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for this very fair review. We appreciate your time.

Our expectation is not hard at all, so if there is a concern the water is 'less hard' instead of completely soft, please contact your installer or us via phone or email.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I got a Kinetico softener over a year ago and it seems to be working well. We had one before. It was there when we bought the house but it didn’t last very long. So we got a new one and the installation team was good and very knowledgeable. I’m very satisfied with Kinetico. We've noticed a difference too. The water spots on our sink, although not eliminated, are coming up easier than before. I think that’s calcium or iron in the water.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I had a new system installed last year and since then I have been having issues with it. Three times I had to have someone come in to check the system when I notice the water turns hard month after month. Every time they pack the salt and change the filter and it works. Then a month later it turns hard again. Not to mention I have to wait 2 weeks for someone to check it even though I signed up for their annual service plan and paid for it. Very disappointed in that system after paying a premium price for it and being promised it’s the best system in the market. I am not sure if it’s the system or the local distributor inefficiency but obviously something is wrong and no one is able to fix it.

Hello Wael,

We had a conversation with your local dealer and we were assured that he is working to resolve your concerns and regain your confidence.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We purchased a house on a lake and the water it's using comes out of the lake. Kinetico was one of the top-of-the-lines brands for the money we've got and we got the water softener from them. The water is definitely softer and better now, and it makes my wife happy. I would recommend them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My problem was not with the product, it was with service, since posting my initial review, I have had my faith in a good product with good leadership restored. When Kinetico was made aware of my problem they immediately got involved and solved it. Let's make one thing clear, I have never been disappointed in the quality of the Kinetico products, just the service from one dealer. I have had my Kinetico softener for well over 10 years and it has worked great all of that time. The rating of five stars for the product is accurate, it's too bad when a dealer does not follow the service model provided, so when this happens I urge you to contact Kinetico and let them know, as I have found out they really do care.

John,

Our appreciation of this review, and you as a customer, is beyond measure. Thank you so much.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had the system installed for $3600 for the whole house about 6-7 months ago. The salt in the system seems to be still the same level as when the technician installed the system. I think that water smells bad again, and I also noticed, that after I used a soap in my bath, water turned very cloudy. That was one of the water tests performed in front of me by sales person. He took filtered water and my tap water, added soap and showed me, how soap binds to water impurity in tap water and water becomes cloudy. I called about 2 months ago, was told, that they will send me a water bottle to send water for testing. So far, nothing. It seems to me, that by installing the system and getting your money their obligations to customers are fulfilled. I do not recommend this system.

Kinetico response

Daniela, below is the dealer's response. We hope this action taken on the part of Kinetico and your local dealer has regained your confidence.

Kinetico Customer Support

I called Ms. Stark last night.. She was very pleasant. I told her I would send someone today (We are). She said it's not an emergency.

I asked if she had ever changed her carbon filter. She has not. I asked if she had ever called back after not receiving the test bottle. She had not. I told her the best of us sometimes screw up and forget but that I would make sure she is taken care of and that hopefully she will feel we are the 5 star company she deserves.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I got very bad experience from Kinetico water system. My home use well water, and I want to get better quality water. In 2017 when I went to Costco, met Kinetico sales person, he suggested this brand, and promised they can do the job for well water system, total cost $6886. After they teared down my Iron remover and softener system (actually it good system, only need change media). They only install softener, not filter. Result water TDS range over 480. Plus rotten egg smell in water. When I ask iron filter, they told me need add another $8000.00. Really terrible.

Hi Helen,

A water softener removes hardness minerals of calcium and magnesium and also dissolved iron. A water softener does not lower tds or remove odor.

TDS (total dissolved solids) can be any mineral, metal or chemical. Reverse osmosis or distillation is the residential course of action for lowering TDS.

Rotten egg is typically associated with sulfur. We first advise you to determine if the odor is on the cold water, hot water or both. If on the cold water, the odor is probably produced in the well and that needs attention. If on the hot water, then the water heater will need attention.

You don't say that you have iron.

We'll touch base with your dealer and ask him to provide you a follow up consultation to review the product installed and test the water to confirm it's function.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We like knowing that the water we’re drinking is clean. We got the Kinetico whole-house water filtering system and the water was pretty much what I expected. We’ve used water systems before so we knew what they were like. There’s one issue though. The Kinetico salesman had made a deal about having ice that would be clear all the way through but and that has never happened. But that aside, the sales rep did an excellent job. The installation guy did a good job as well. The experience was very good overall.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I've had Kinetico for a little over a year now and I can tell the difference in our quality of water. The water's softer. Everybody was also nice during the initial set-up and everything was good during the installation. They came back to do general maintenance and they changed the filters for us.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I got a water softener system from Kinetico. The gentleman from Water Works came in and was wonderful. He told me what was going on, tested my water, did my schedule, came in and got rid of the old equipment. He was clean and thereafter, everything was the way it should be. Their team was clean, courteous, didn't leave a mess, made sure they didn't make one. However, their installer was gonna get back to me after so many times and I haven't heard from him. Even so, they were wonderful when they came to put the Kinetico system up. They left extra bags of salt and the guy who did it answered all my questions. So far, I've had a good experience with the system. It’s working better than my other system did. My water source is a well, and my concern was they had ochre in the water. It has always tasted different. With the system, it feels softer though.If anybody ever asked me, I would push Kinetico's product.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have had the system for a number of years and have no complaints on the system itself, however I had an emergency leaking problem, water all over my basement. There was no service listed for the Caledon area, so I called the head office. They supplied a name of a company that does their service. Very surprised they don’t do their own service. Anyhow I had water all over my basement. The system was still leaking after I put it into bypass. Still leaking after I shut the water down completely. And still leaking after I went from bypass to red right off. Called the number supplied for service and they calmly said that no one could come out for two weeks!!!! I said what two weeks!!! So now I have diverted the leaking water to my sump pump pit and now forced to only turn the water on to the house when needed then off. Two weeks of this will not be fun!!! So Kinetico get your act together for service.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was having a lot of hard water build-up problems. The company that I used to purchase a water softening system from recommended the Kinetico system but he price point was the same so that they didn't really have to compete on price. However, I looked up Kinetico and read the reviews about their system. I liked the fact that when the power goes out in the Kinetico system, it doesn't have to be reset because it's not running off of electricity. Setting the appointment with their sales rep was super easy and the company that I used did everything for me. They installed it, too and I didn't ever work directly with Kinetico. I worked with a third-party reseller called Karsare. The whole installation was also very easy except for one little hiccup with a valve set that was not quite right and they ended up having to replace that.

Since I got the system, I kind of use less of everything such as cleaning products. I'm also not getting quite as much hard water build-up. Before, I was having trouble with being able to get my clothes cleaned. So, that has improved. But it is a little harder to rinse my hair when I'm in the shower washing it because when the water is soft, you feel like you still have soap all over you even when you probably don't. So, I just rinse for extra long. Other than that, the system has been great and I wish I bought it a lot earlier. I was also surprised at how little salt it actually uses. It's really efficient. I've had it for a year now and I was expecting to have to add salt to it every other month. But I've only had to add salt every three months or every quarter. So, it exceeded my expectations. All in all, I'm very happy with my experience.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for sharing how you came to know Kinetico and the reasons you chose the brand.

Karsare Systems is a very long time, authorized Kinetico dealer that has always represented the product line in an exemplary fashion.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 18, 2019

I wanted to be able to remove the Fluoride in the water. I was making Kombucha and it was also for personal health. Setting up the initial appointment with Kinetico was great and it was fine dealing with their rep. A service company here in Vermont was able to install the new system. They were very helpful. They can also come in and do this periodic maintenance for it. It's a reverse osmosis water system with a couple of cartridges in it. With it, I don’t have to haul reverse osmosis water. It works as advertised and we’re very happy with it.

Original review: May 17, 2019

We got a K5 system from Kinetico. Before that there would be a water advisory, and I don't hear of it. I would be using water, and then all of a sudden I hear I shouldn’t be using the water. And then Kinetico came in to test my water free of cost. They were awesome to meet. They did everything right in front of my eyes so I'm able to see it. I saw all the impurities that was in the water and that was when I decided we should get the system. You could just stand and look at the water being changed with your own eyes. In less than 20 minutes, you got your proof. It was just amazing. I never had that experience before.

The guy that came in to install was very patient. I remember the day when he came. It was very cold and I told him, “Listen you don't have to be all day at work and end up cold.” And he said, “Well, if it was up to me, I would have stayed home, but I can’t tell my boss.” I said, “Okay, tell your boss that we said you don't have to put it on today. It’s too cold.” He said, “No.” He just went ahead and did his job. He was a very nice guy.

Since having K5 the smell of the water is different because my water always smells dank before. The only disappointment that I had with them is that they told me that they were gonna give me some supplies, which I didn't get. The financial company told me they did that all the time. And I was like, “Really?” And they were saying, “You're gonna have that experience. We don't have to tell you. So, if they don't give what they promised, just let us know.” She had told me that it would have taken a little time, so I said, “Okay.” And then, they sent me some sampler stuff, and then they said, “Okay, as soon as we get the stock back in, we’ll send it out.” But I haven’t heard from them. But other than that, Kinetico has been a good experience.

Hi Gwendolyn,

We are so glad you are happy with your Kinetico drinking water system.

We do want to express that should your local municipality issue a boil alert, you will want to put this system on bypass and adhere to the alter. If the unit was exposed to microbiologically unsafe water, you will want to have it sanitized with a filter change.

Please feel free to direct additional questions via phone or email.

Kinetico Customer Support

Original review: May 16, 2019

Knowing that the town’s water is hard, I looked into a water filtration system. I called Kinetico and they showed up when they said they would. Since the system had been installed, there's less water stain on the fixtures. The system is kinda loud when it regenerates. But besides that, I’m happy with it.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have a deep well and it’s full of iron, so when I bought the house, everything was orange and rusting. I got Kinetico and a charcoal filter afterwards. The water went from crap to perfect. The model was at the high end and it was very expensive. There are two tanks. Kinetico has been an amazing system and I love it. Plus, the experience with their reps was amazing. They just came and did the one-year service on it. They said they should come out once a year, so I called them and they came out. I’ve been with Kinetico for a year and I’m all set.

Original review: May 12, 2019

A lady from Pennsylvania who had used Kinetico for her water filtration needs suggested the company to us. She helped us look up the company in Kentucky. Here, we had concerns with the city water and the bleach that goes in it. Kinetico's consultants did well, came out and walked me through the options. They tried to help me reach a wise decision. The installer did well too and we were satisfied. We were hoping to move into our new house within the next month and he offered to put it in our current home, and then swap it to our new home at no extra charge. Since then, the water has been tasting better and we like the peace of mind we have knowing that we're getting a lot of the pollutants out.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 11, 2019

New Orleans is a really old city. Everything’s wet. We got Kinetico since anyone was concerned about water, especially when there’s very old pipes. It has been easy to set the system up. But customer service sucks. There’s nobody else to go to. I need another large system at my house because my last company burnt the one I have. But because I can’t find anyone that’s actually easy to work with, I haven’t purchased it yet. What I have with Kinetico is just the drinking water. The rep was really grumpy. Thank God I was raised by a Castilian mother. So, when he yelled at me that didn't faze me. He’s just a grumpy old man. But he knows what he’s talking about. The installation was also quick and done very well.

Hi Dianna,

Thanks for making us aware of your experience. With your permission, we will follow up with your local Kinetico dealer.

Kinetico Company Information