It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.62/5
Based on 479 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Ready to improve your life with better water? Kinetico has a solution for you. With a variety of water softeners, drinking water systems and specialty solutions from which to choose, there’s a perfect option to meet your family’s needs. Kinetico water systems provide the highest quality water for drinking and everyday use. Visit Kinetico.com today to get a quote or schedule your water test, and start living a well-hydrated life.

Kinetico Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

509 Kinetico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 26, 2018

My experience with Kinetico went well. I had them install a water system before in another house and I liked it. I went down to the store and picked out the central vac as well as the same water system I had in my other house. The rep came, followed up through with me, and tested the water. My contractor who was building the house coordinated with Kinetico to set up the appointment and installation. The process went slick. Kinetico is a good system and has been doing well.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I built a house and had the water tested and it was off the chart hard. So, rather than risk my pipes being clogged up, I got a water filtration system. When I scheduled my appointment with Kinetico, it was excellent. Their rep, Joseph, made several trips to my house because the plumber had hooked everything up wrong underneath. The hot water was coming through the cold line and the cold water was coming through the hot line. Joseph kept coming until they got it right. I had told Kinetico that I didn’t want soft water because I remembered from my mom say that it made you feel like soap was staying on your skin and he assured me that that would not happen and it really does not. My skin is very much softer and my laundry is very much cleaner now.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I got hard water in my area, so I looked into having a water treatment service. The Kinetico Water Systems installation went well and it took them a couple of hours to finish the job. It was quick. Now, I don't see any hard water stain. I got reverse osmosis also and I don’t see any hard water buildup. The Kinetico reps also called me up about the service plan, but I wasn't interested in it because my equipment is good. My friends and family also have some Kinetico stuff.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I'm very pleased with the performance and reliability of my softening system. Drain installation has been a little challenging, have tried two setups, and I’m still not completely satisfied with that aspect. One obstructed floor, second is noisy. My only equipment suggestion is to place a user-friendly button on the unit to force a backwash cycle, rather than requiring a Phillips screwdriver. My home is occupied part time, so I like to cycle the unit upon arrival.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Martins Water Conditioning employees all did a great job. Very professional. The sales person explained everything to us, the installation team did a neat and professional install. Two weeks after install a Martins rep came out to the house to check the system and make sure everything was running correctly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Original review: July 24, 2018

We live in a very hard water area and when we purchased the house, we had an inspection done and the person who did the inspection suspected that the water softener that was in wasn’t working. I checked around here in town and people recommended Kinetico Water Systems, so I gave them a call. They came out and tested and their rep seemed to be knowledgeable and wasn’t overly pushy. Kinetico ended up replacing the water softener. The water now is definitely soft and it’s better for sudsing. I can feel it in the shower.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I had built a home and we’re on our own well. There was a lot of iron and there was no gas there, and that made my water smell like sulfur. So, I had to get a water softener to pull the iron out of the water. I liked the pricing of Kinetico Water Systems and the company that I worked for has dealt with them before, so it was through word of mouth that we went with them. We took advantage of their free water test and that was where we found out what was wrong with our well water. We got a water softener unit from them.

The gentleman from Kinetico came out after office hours and he helped us get signed up. The gentleman that I spoke with was also the one that came out to put the equipment in, so it was a really good experience. He was quick and efficient, and he showed me how to use the equipment. At this point, my water does not smell like sulfur anymore. Also, the water softener unit holds up our fixtures and it really helps out our appliances. If you're local here, go with Kinetico because they’ve done right by me. They’ll work for you and for your business as well, and their equipment will hold up to whatever you need it to do.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We had an RO system that we bought at Costco, but it didn’t seem like it was working. I researched and Kinetico seemed to be the best for the RO system. We bought one a year and a half ago and my wife liked it. We also had a Kenmore water softener that kept breaking down. We decided to put the Premier home system unit in because the hard water was starting to build up on our floors and on places where the water would pool. We had the same salesperson for both products. He was very good and informative. When I called, he had always gotten back, answering the questions that I had. He was always there and he wasn’t high pressure at all. He just came out, presented the product, and then let us make the decision.

There were two different installers, and they were very professional. They had gotten the installation done really quickly. The RO system installers were nice, friendly and did what they needed to do professionally. Plus, they rerouted the stuff that we wanted to have for the RO system. They ran the line into the refrigerator which has water and ice. Then we also rerouted on the home system. With the Sears unit, several times when it discharged, it broke the line and I would have runoff off the roof. They suggested we reroute it to where the washing machine dispenses the gray water rather than on the roof. The RO system has worked well. The technician came in December and replaced all the filter units when it needed it. The units are higher priced than most, but you get what you pay for. I would recommend it.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Our water had always tasted bad and we live in a certain area with lots of runoff, so we felt we should go a step further than the UV light and do a filter. Kinetico Water Systems did a presentation and their rep, Joseph, talked about different stuff. At that point, we knew what we were gonna do and he gave us our options for installation. We got the purifier, but the installation guy was new and it took him a while to install it. He didn't have the right part and that postponed things. He had to wait for a certain part to get shipped in and he had to come back about two more times. Also, something popped off where the system was hooked up and flooded our kitchen but my husband fixed that.

Then two days later, I heard something fall and I looked under and water was coming out again. It was the tube that goes to the sprayer of the sink. They cut that off to install the water filter and something that had just been plugged into that pipe fell out. At that point, I called them back. In a week, we had two problems with the system and one was really bad. A guy named Tim came out and fixed it, and he was pretty good about wanting to make it right in a couple of days. But the original installation was pretty wonky. Whatever was plugged into that thing, shouldn't have been. Tim said that he was surprised it even held as long as it did. The guy that installed it was brand new and maybe someone should have been with him. Since the installation though, the water tastes better.

Original review: July 22, 2018

The water that we have in the house was not very good and it didn't smell very well. It wasn't a crisis but it was bad enough that we preferred to move and get a good system. We searched around to find better water softener or filtration system. My friend has Kinetico and he said that we ought to get from them. The Kinetico rep was a young and excellent guy. He did a good job. They came and put a system under the sink improving the water. We use the system a lot because it's better than the water from our faucet when cleaning things like lettuce or with coffee. Kinetico also delivered the salt on time. Overall, they do a great job in what they're doing.

Original review: July 21, 2018

We needed soft water and I liked the idea of Kinetico. They were visible in the community and I liked their marketing as well. We needed a water softener, and so we checked out the pricing of Kinetico's system. The people from Kinetico were really efficient and I didn’t have any problem with communication at all. They did the job. We’re building a new home and we had a Kinetico water softener, which we sold, so I wanna get them back out here.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I've had water systems for a whole bunch of years. When the one I had didn't work efficiently and I could never find filters for the drinking water system, so the water was nasty, I decided to buy a new system from Kinetico. I called their number and made an appointment for the salesman to come over and tell me all about their product. That process was really easy. Then, I filled out some paperwork because I needed to get a company to go ahead where I can pay a monthly payment. So, that went through and the man called me back. Then, a gentleman came and installed the system in a day because I already had all of the pipes out there, so he didn't have to worry about that. He was very polite and he knew what he was doing. And it went through really good.

For the first few days, I thought the water tasted all right but after a period of test, I'm not sure about it. When I fill up a glass of water, there's something floating around in it. So, I need to have somebody come out and explain this to me. I don't know if they're bubbles or if they have something having to do with the salt. So, I don't really like the taste of the drinking water yet and somebody needs to check the drinking water system. There could be something still in the pipes from the other system that was in here already when I bought this place, but it got worse. Other than that, I would give Kinetico an excellent mark. Everything went honky-dory for me and I like the system. I would recommend it as well.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have hard water so I researched on water softener systems. I checked out a few other places and I liked the system that Kinetico had. The system that I got from them runs efficiently and doesn’t run on electricity. The Kinetico guys came out and everything was okay, but they didn’t follow through with all of the information. But since I've had my system installed, my skin is softer and I'm not using as much soap to do the laundry.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I am having some problems with my Kinetico water softener right now. I’m getting some brine feedback at weird times. But before this, it had been good in the three years since we got it installed. We are on well water and I was concerned about the hardness and the smell of the water. I wanted something, and Kinetico was a lot cheaper. I still ended up paying 3,000 dollars, which was a lot of money, but I decided to go for it.

I called Kinetico and the appointment was scheduled. It was very prompt. But there was something wrong with the guy who sold the water softener to me. The appointment took a lot longer than I thought it needed to. He was trying to sell me on it and there was all this explanation about who’s using the product, like NASA and some companies. I sat there for a half hour listening to that when I didn't even care. Maybe that works for some people. Maybe that will help sell the product but using common sense, I don’t think people would have a representative of Kinetico out unless they were interested in purchasing a product. I was interested in the products. I wanted him to just tell me about the product, test my water, tell me how the product is gonna improve my life and then tell me the price. That aside, I like that the Kinetico water softener doesn't run on electricity and that it is a mechanical-induced system. That's nice.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Installer arrived promptly and explained what he was doing so that it was easily understood. He was pleasant and courteous. He left the work area clean and removed all packing, etc. Explained how the systems work. Installer did an excellent job, as far as I am concerned. Would recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I love our Kinetico system. Their rep, Gina, came out to our house and did the demonstration and it was great. I enjoyed it and it was really fun to see. And then, Tim came out and did the installation while I was at work. We gave him our keys and everything was good. I always recommend Kinetico. I've seen what the other options are, and I know which one is better.

Kinetico response

Thanks Kyra! We appreciate your loyalty!

Original review: July 17, 2018

Not sure we would have switched knowing what I know today. Water was not accurately tested on the front end and we were sold a system not big enough for the job. Told it would fit in our crawl space and use very little salt, only when regenerating. On the day of the installation, we were told it wouldn’t fit in the crawl space and had to remove a sink in the laundry room to install on first floor. System wasn’t large enough, as mentioned and after several attempts, it was replace with another one with massive salt tank. Water is OK now, but using about 150-200 pounds of salt a week, filter fails when we use the system and fails when not used (summer home) and the condensation tray has 1/2” standing water during warm weather. As I said, water is OK, but may not have spent the money had I know the true circumstances.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We started getting orange-colored residue in our shower and we could tell that our water was hard water. We saw that Kinetico has good reviews and we got them to come out. We bought their water filtration system and the reps were really good. They were very prompt when they came out. Our tank is one of the big ones where one can put seven bags of salt and we could go through that in a month and a half. But it seems like something’s off with it. And there are only four of us in the household -- two babies and two adults. They also didn’t install an inline filter at the get-go which we had them come do that. So while we are still getting hard deposits, the system has definitely helped a little bit.

Original review: July 16, 2018

There's high sulfur in the water system here and it smells like rotten eggs so I called the local Kinetico guy. He was super good to work with. I told him what I needed and he told me what it was gonna take. Then we went forward and got everything ordered. He got the system fixed up and did an awesome job. From the time we ordered the system to the time it was installed, it took about two weeks. When I go somewhere else and shower, I can just tell so much difference in the water quality. The Kinetico water softener system is a ton better. If I go somewhere else with a different water softener, I don’t shower very long. My skin’s dry and it’s just uncomfortable. Kinetico did a great job and as far as I’m concerned, they’re the only water softener out there.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We have a sand point well, which is not very deep and the water that we’re pulling out of the ground isn’t as filtered as it would be if we had a deep well. We purchased the K5 from Kinetico Water Systems and their guys came and installed it. We’ve had maintenance issues with it and every time they send someone out, they were always super nice, on time and did a really good job.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We moved and bought a house in Twin Falls where there's very hard water, so we decided to get a water softener. I work for a radio station and Kinetico was one of the advertisers and I got to know one of the owners. The appointment was wonderful and their rep, Joseph, was very nice. He came in and tested the water and went from there. The installation was painless and the system has been working fine. Joseph came out as a follow-up and double checked the system and he said that they'll be coming out at the year anniversary to check it again. We are very happy with their service. It's not the cheapest system out there but it has some benefits and it’s one of the better systems out there.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Our drinking water was foggy and tasted terrible. The water was coming to a filtered system within our refrigerator, but I couldn’t believe I was seeing particles in the water and it was not acceptable. I was concerned about what the people in the house were taking in. My son heard good things about Kinetico Water Systems and suggested that I give them a call.

It was very simple to set up an appointment with them. It was set around my schedule and it couldn’t have been more convenient or more pleasant type of situation since I have relocated here from California to Idaho. And unlike other businesses or contractors that are not showing up after making appointments, someone from Kinetico showed up on time. They also called ahead of time to make sure that I was aware of the appointment and they confirmed again what time they would be showing up.

The guy who I dealt with was very personable, professional in appearance, and knowledgeable. He told me how they could help me. He went throughout my home and tested all of the various systems. He also explained what he was testing for and what he was looking for, and explained the results of the test as well. I was very pleased with how thorough he appeared to be. I bought the reverse osmosis system and now, I don’t see any foreign objects moving around my water. My grandchildren came over and told me how good the water tastes and I don’t have to buy bottled water anymore which is nice for me. I’m very pleased Kinetico's product and the service that I’ve gotten from them. They also called to check back up just to make sure that I’m happy with the system. I’d highly recommend Kinetico.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We are so thrilled with our Kinetico water system. We have a well and it has lots of iron in the water coming out. We put in a new Kinetico system for the house and a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen for drinking water. We love it!!! The installer, Kevin **, was awesome and so helpful.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was tired of hot water so I researched about water softeners. We got our water softener from Kinetico and had a good experience with their rep. The installation went well and since using the system, we have had soft water. For the system's maintenance, I put salt in it every about four or five months.

Original review: July 10, 2018

We have very hard water in our area so we decided to look into water softeners. My husband has six different sets of aunts and uncles in our area. They've all been through different water systems and everybody seemed to like Kinetico so based on everybody's opinion, we went with Kinetico. We got Kinetico's water softener and the reverse osmosis system. The nearest town to us that has Kinetico is Twin Falls which is about 60 miles away or so. I called them straight up, asked if they could come out and do a water test and then talk me through a water system. I had a great interaction with the people who did the water test. They were quick and precise and they came out right away. I knew I have hard water but I was just curious if there's any other leakage to some chemical or if there are too many heavy metals.

The installation took longer than what I expected as I live in an older home that was originally a homestead back in the day. They had to do a little extra work to it versus a newer home but they did great. They told me upfront that it was gonna take just a little bit longer. It was just an extra day since they have to get some extra parts. Other than that, it was fine. Nothing that alarmed me about any issues and I thought they were great people.

My husband has been apologizing to me for years and telling me we should have gotten the water system sooner. He said that the taste of the reverse osmosis water is phenomenal compared to what we were drinking beforehand. I am all thumbs up for Kinetico based on such a black and white difference that it did to my house. My husband could tell the difference too when he bathes and soaps up. He was a burn victim so he has lots of burn scars on his body. His scars, in general, have softened and he does not have to attend to them as much as in lotioning and oiling himself. My husband loves it so we love it too for his bathing.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We had Kinetico system at previous home and loved it. New system is more advanced and working as expected. Would recommend to anyone. Although the price is a little high, the durability and longevity of the system is worth it. The installation crew was also very professional and did the install where I wanted it.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2018

Just purchased Kinetico system 1 week ago. It started regenerating last night and would not stop. I had no idea how long this was supposed to go on. I started to get concerned after 2 1/2 hours. Cannot get anyone to assist. No help line. Finally was told to shut the system off and go back to hard water. Have to wait until Monday for assistance. Now I’m worried about all the water that went into my septic. Plus I paid $3500.00 for a system that is not working after 1 week. Now I’m expected to call off work waiting for someone to look at the brand new system.? I went for over 20 years with no system. I’m really disappointed.

Hi Monica,

We are sorry to hear of this experience and will check in with the installer to see what happened. We trust at this time that all has been addressed?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2018

We have had this system for probably eight to 10 years... It has been a constant source of problems. Combine that, with the service provided by the local company that we are apparently forced to use, and I would rate the product and service a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. To get service, you have to wait weeks. Then when you do finally have someone show up, it's after 5:00 at night and they can be in your home for 2 to 3 hours. This is one investment that I REALLY wished we would have passed on. Recommendation...check with Culligan!!!

Kinetico response

Hi Mary, We are very sorry to read this review. We are interested to know the problems you've had with the system and can discuss that in detail at customersupport@kinetico.com. We will also follow up with your dealer regarding your service experience.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Gina has provided us an excellent service and answer my inquiries with fastest speed. Mike ** is the best contact person because he returned my calls right away. My husband & I purchased our Kinetico water softener and reverse osmosis and these people helped us every time we have problems. Every time I need parts or order salt for my water softener, Gina is always helping me. Gina is very helpful, friendly and knows what she is doing. I seldom find a very good customer service like her.

Original review: July 7, 2018

We like having soft water so we decided to get a filtration system. It makes our skin feel better and our dishes wash cleaner. We first used Kogan, but we weren't super impressed with their service, so we researched who else was in our area and got Kinetico. Their installation team was polite and got everything installed. There was a small leak a couple of months into using our system and they came right back out and tightened up the hoses. We haven't had any problems since. We also have them do the things that they need to come to do when they service it.

Kinetico Company Information

10845 Kinsman Road
Newbury
OH
www.kinetico.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business