4.6(2,030)

Overall Rating4.6 out of 5

About Kinetico Reviews

Founded in 1970, Kinetico produces efficient, built-to-last water softener and reverse osmosis systems for your home. Kinetico’s water treatment systems are non-electric, low-maintenance and fully automatic. Water treatment systems can extend the life of your plumbing, appliances and clothes as well as improve water taste and quality. The company offers three water softeners and water drinking filtration systems. Customers can find Kinetico water treatment systems through local specialist partners, but the company does not sell directly to consumers.

Pros & Cons

Pros

• Improves water taste and quality
  • Durable
  • Non-electric, powered by water
  • Three softener types

Cons

• Must buy from local partners
  • No upfront prices

Bottom Line

Kinetico produces non-electric water softeners and filtration systems built for efficiency and durability. The company sells three softener series that range from $500 to $5,000 and include warranties.

Kinetico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kinetico?

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

I got a water softener and it was a very good experience. But there's one issue with charcoal getting through a filter and it’s going into my water. The techs replaced the filter once six months after it was put in and it looks like it needs it again. But every visit now is $100. Even though Kinetico says it has a long warranty, the warranty cost money.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

Kinetico had a very good reputation. They are more expensive but their products last a long time versus having to replace it shortly after. We have an all-home water softener and the reverse osmosis and we also have an under-the-sink in the kitchen. Then, we have in the garage the rest of the equipment. We’ve noticed the difference in the feel of the water.

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2023

I called and Kinetico sent somebody the next day. It was fast. The rep came out and gave me the whole rundown, and all was good. The installers checked on me a couple of times because it took a while longer to get moved in than I thought. I got a water softener for the whole home and the taste of the water is fine. My parents live next door and they have a Culligan and I hate taking a shower over there because it's slimy. My dad had done a lot of research and he said he should have gotten Kinetico. But I didn’t expect the water softener to cost nearly what it did.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2023

The reps were informative. They knew what the problems were. With Kinetico, we have no more iron and hard water.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

I got a full water system from Kinetico. Their rep was helpful and he answered all my questions. The installers were efficient. They explained that I should make sure the salt is adequate. I check it every month. This is a fabulous product.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

We have a whole-home water softener system, and we've been happy thus far. I don't notice any difference in the taste, but I definitely feel the softness when I'm showering, which I like.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

We redid a place in Beaufort, and as we were building, one of the neighbors told my wife it would be a good idea to put a Kinetico system in. We had them put in a reverse osmosis and a treatment for the hard water, and the installation was good. I've had the system in place now for about three years, and it's been working fine. The service is good, and overall, I've been very happy with Kinetico. I had a second system installed at a townhome that we bought in Beaufort as well.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

The water is hard here in San Antonio. We lived in an apartment before and it was horrible on our skin, the appliances, and the shower. With Kinetico, it's a better quality of water, and we don't have the problems we had before. The water is a lot softer, and it doesn't take as long to lather up.

Reviewed Sept. 1, 2023

Years ago, I did a bunch of research and Kinetico was the best for what we had when I was trying to find one for my grandparents' house. I bought one for them, and it worked out. There is a big difference for the area that we're at and for the minerals that are in the water. I then bought two whole systems, which I put in my house and the other in a rental. The one that was at the second system I put in, there was a small malfunction, but people are gonna get that in every industry. It was something they put together and they decided to come out and fix it. It was no big deal, and I get that all the time in what I do. Other than that, they were right on top of it. Kinetico is a good system, and I wouldn't change it.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

Kinetico's rep on the phone was fine. The tanks are black. Kinetico told us once in a while it would color our water. And it does. I've lost some white laundry to it. And the toilet bowls always have a grayish film on the side. But they have warned me of that. Our new system made our water better again.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

The rep knew his water chemistry and had all the answers that I needed. The installation was perfect and the water softener works. People should buy the system from Kinetico. Everything was great.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

The system has cleared out a lot of the bad water. The only thing is we're using water softener and we don't wanna use it to water any of the outside plantings. Also, we still don't use that water to drink. My husband has gut issues so he wanted to make sure that he had some decent water. Kinetico mentioned reverse osmosis but I'm not a fan of that. But for showers and stuff, the system seems to be fine. We haven't had any issues and we're happy about that.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

Kinetico sounded good and the salesperson did a pretty good job. My friend had it too so that's what we went with. The installation went pretty okay. We did have a leak but then it got fixed. We've had the system for about a year and it’s been relatively pain-free and easy to use. We really like the water. Kinetico is a really good system and it's smaller too. There's no battery as well. We have the water pressure one in the smaller system. We recommend Kinetico quite frequently.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

I got a house water filter from Kinetico. It's a particle and chlorine filter. The installation went smoothly, everything was installed, and it looks good. There's now a difference in the taste of the water. My experience was very good and everything's working according to plan.

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

My pressure tank was leaking. I got a new pressure tank and the work was done very nicely.

Reviewed Aug. 24, 2023

We purchased the RO system and a water softener from Kinetico. Our water was really hard in Carmel, Indiana and we wanted to make sure that we had soft water. It's definitely softer now. However, the filters are too expensive, especially for the RO system. But everyone at Endurance has been very professional, very good and easy to work with.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

I had Kinetico's service back in Arizona. I found out that they were the best in the market. Here in the house now, I've had the system for one year. The water here in Texas is very hard. I had two kids and it's just better for the family to have the best water available for health and also for appliances. Kinetico's reps were very professional. The isntallers were a little bit of a pain, but they did their job. They had to dig a trench all the way from the house and go underneath the driveway. They had a special tool that almost cracked my driveway. But they were able to get under it. The water is a lot softer with Kinetico. I could take a shower and not feel like the water is sticking to me. It’s also very good for the clothes. It's just it's a costly system.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

I had a water purification system and a water softening system put in by Kinetico and the guy was very professional. He did just what he said he was gonna do and he was quick and very informative. My experience with this company was very positive. Also, the flavor of the water is much better and the water-softening aspect of it, it's probably too soft. I feel like I have a soapy foam on me and I didn't realize that that was gonna be a net effect of the water softening.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

I owned a system several years ago at a former residence and was very happy with it. So, when we moved into our current residence, we decided to install a Kinetico system. It was straightforward and they were quick and easy to work with. We’ve loved the system. It’s been virtually maintenance-free, just pumping back the salt into the brine tank. You don't have to worry about setting timer and all the other stuff that most other water softeners do. Kinetico is easy to deal with.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

The rep who installed the system was very knowledgeable. The only thing is I wanted to place my water softener in my crawl space but I didn't have any power outlet so he went ahead and placed it in my garage. But he told me that once I have the outlet, I can call back and they can come in and move it to the crawl space. It took some time for me to get the power outlet and when I called back, they said they don't do such services for free and they asked me to pay for it. That didn't happen. I didn't necessarily feel good about it. I still refer a lot of my neighbors to Kinetico. I worked with the sales rep, Brandon, and I got a lot of business for him. He stopped by the other day and he said he'll speak to his customer service about moving my water softener but I haven't heard back. Also, I think the price could be a little better. Right now, I am hearing from some of the neighbors in the community that they are finding water softener units at a cheaper price.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

My water is super hard. So, I went with a reverse osmosis, and Kinetico is the most efficient on the salt end of it. Since we've had the system installed, we don't get the hard water buildup like we did before. So, it's easier on the fixtures in the house, the toilet, the toilet bowl ring, and there's less spotting on the glass. I like the system.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

I got the soft water system from Kinetico which is ideal for maintaining the pipes and saving on soap. The installation was simple and straightforward.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 29, 2023

Kinetico did the water test and we went through what we needed and wanted. We had questions afterward and they called and made sure we got serviced. Their follow-ups have been good. We're happy.

Kinetico
Response from Kinetico

Great news Allison.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to your area installer or Kinetico Customer Support with any questions you may have. www.kinetico.com

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 29, 2023

The reps were very knowledgeable. If there were any off-the-wall questions I had, they tried to answer them so I would fully understand how the system worked. The installers were very clean and professional. They did the job in the day and it didn't interrupt anything that we were doing. I love the system thus far. I like the taste of the water and the clean feeling I have when taking a shower. If there were any issues, Kinetico was right there. If they didn't have an answer, they got back to me as soon as possible.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

I had a new water softener put in. I also got the reverse osmosis system but it doesn't work. I put the filter in and I would get just half a cup of water and that's it. Also, my icemaker quit working because water went from there to my refrigerator. Also, the water I get is very rusty and the system still doesn't clean the water up even though I put what I'm supposed to. Other than that, it's been good every time I talk to Kinetico.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed July 29, 2023

I like that Kinetico has been around for so long and I like their reputation too. Not needing electricity was a big seller too. We got a water softener and an RO. We've had an RO system before, so we just replaced it. There was no change in the water. It's great. The texture is different than hard water, more like silky and slippery. Their reps were friendly and easy to work with. The availability was great as far as installation and follow-up. I would definitely recommend Kinetico. They have a good product and they had good customer service.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

I got something in the mail about an offer. If you get a new water system and reverse osmosis, you get $500 off. I looked into it. I like the idea of a whole new system and reverse osmosis to drink instead of buying bottled water. The Kinetico rep came to our house and he showed us the different products, how it was gonna be done and it went exactly as they said. Everything went really well. The reps were very helpful. When I had questions, like how do I change the filters, and how do I know when to change them, they showed me what they were gonna do. They also did exactly as they said they would. They were very courteous and professional. The water feels cleaner now. It also smells cleaner. The taste is more purifying.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

We've always had good luck with Kinetico as far as being dependable. There were a lot of people coming and going during the installation, but it was good. I'm pleased overall. It's a good product.

Price

Reviewed July 25, 2023

This is my 2nd and last Kinetico system. It is 9 years old, and I was charged $250 for rebuilding the valve head, in spite of it being in warranty I still paid for the repair, which did nothing to fix the system. The technician informed me it needed new medium, resin, and it would cost approximately $900 (compared it to an oil change in a car, not covered by warranty). Stay away from Kinetico and specially K-water dealership in Central Florida. Absolutely horrible support.

Kinetico
Response from Kinetico

Hello Jose,

We are sorry to read of your concerns. We see that you had equipment installed in 1993 and 2014. Thank you for your patronage.

Kinetico Customer Support is looking in to these concerns and will respond back.

Reviewed July 21, 2023

My Kinetico water softener is draining water non stop costing me a huge water bill. I called my local agent and got an appointment 10 days later. I asked how can I bypass the softener to save water and there is no online video or help sharing this info. This is the second time happening in six months and I am asked to pay 180$ per visit.

Kinetico
Response from Kinetico

Hello Vinod,

We are sorry to read of your experience.

Concern resolution can be managed by contacting Kinetico Customer Support at their contact information provided on their web site. That information is customersupport@kinetico.com or 800.944.9283.

This information will be documented in Kinetico's customer database. The Support Team will reach out to your installer for additional information.

Kinetico Company Information