4.4(4,330)

About KB Home

Enjoy a new home uniquely built just for you. With KB, customers have the ability to personalize their new home with design options that fit their lifestyle and budget. Homebuyers also have a partner every step of the way.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Online design studio
  • Variety of floor plans
  • Many communities in eight states
  • Personalizations available
Cons
  • Charges HOA fees
  • Limited availability

Stars Rating

• 78%
  • 6%
  • 4%
  • 4%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about KB Home?

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Very pleased and happy with the New Home buying experience with a great Home builder (KB Homes). The Staff at KB Homes were very professional and knowledgeable and very helpful. Thanks KB Homes!

Pinned

We're glad to hear that you're pleased with your home-buying experience with the team here at KB Home!

Reviewed July 6, 2024

We were able to watch the home building process almost every step of the way, and it has been eye-opening to say the least. We learned a lot and, at the end of the day, we are very happy in our new home.

Pinned

Congratulations on your beautiful new home! We're glad to hear that you are so happy with your experience.

Reviewed July 6, 2024

I heard about the KB Home from my friend who purchased a house a year ago. Since my visit to the KB home, it has been a process with experience that we can't describe in words. As a first time home buyer, couldn't ask more than what KB staff has provided. It has been a memorable experience throughout the process, I am certainly going to recommend KB Home to my close ones.

Pinned

Congratulations on your first home! We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide such a positive experience.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 4, 2024

I am soooo happy I went with KB Home. The overall customer service was excellent! The quality of our home is exactly what we wanted. We never felt pressured which made us very comfortable with all of our decisions. The time they took to educate me on things I was unsure about really proved how dedicated they are to ensuring overall satisfaction.

Pinned

We're thrilled to hear that your experience with our team was excellent, Christian!

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Overall, our experience with KB home was good. We always got answers from staff and they were helpful throughout the whole process. There were only a few times where we were confused/frustrated, but eventually got our questions answered. I would recommend this process to other friends and family. We felt excited the whole time and our house was finished before the actual date we were told which was wonderful. We are impressed with the quality and precision of the build itself and they went above and beyond each week to keep us updated with what stage our house was at. I would buy another home through KB again.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with the team here at KB Home!

Reviewed July 3, 2024

KB has been deliberately untruthful during the home buying process. They purposefully mislead potential home buyers and end up leaving them high and dry. Our displeasure with KB is not just confined to one person, but KB employees and management as a whole. We have been lied to and told that a mistake made by KB, due to their lack of training or employee management, is our fault and our realtor's fault. Ridiculously, KB has not even offered a proper apology for their extreme lack of professionalism and continued deceptive practices. We wish we could rate the whole experience with a 0; we will not (nor will our realtor) EVER recommend a KB home to anyone and we will continue to voice our dissatisfaction with KB's treatment of home buyers.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

We were late to the home building process but George and Katrina and the whole KB Home team was so helpful and reassuring throughout the entire escrow period. It was obvious that they value customer satisfaction over all else. I would trust KB Home with any new build in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I had a great experience with KB Home. My home is so beautiful. I appreciated the interest rate buy down. Kyra and Clay were awesome. I never thought I could qualify for a house. Now I'm living in my dream starter home.

Pinned

Congratulations on your beautiful new home! We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience working with our team.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I loved the fact KB Home cares so much for its home buyer unlike several of its competitors. I have tried to buy homes from other builder and my experience with them has been very disappointing. Very happy with KB homes.

Pinned

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience working with the team here at KB Home!

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

The housing market has changed and home prices are much higher than pre-pandemic prices. I can honestly say that I am thrilled with the house, the lot, the warranty, the location and the service and support it comes with. I don't believe in the saying "You get what you pay for" because all too often we pay more than we should for what we receive. I came up with an alternate saying "You rarely get more than you pay for." I believe this home is a great home, I am very happy here and believe I got more than I paid for, especially when I consider all the members of the KB Home team that worked tirelessly to make it all happen, and also when I consider buying other homes, like used homes, or other new homes that are not kb home. Thank you kb home!! Would definitely recommend kb home to friends and family.

Pinned

We're so happy to hear that your KB Home experience was such a positive one!

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Me and my wife moved from out of state with our newborn, our agent found us a great lot and house through KB, we put in a offer the same day, everything was going smoothly until they contacted us about their financing. Without too much detail, they were extremely paranoid that we were just going to rent the house out and not physically move in? They were extremely hard to deal with after we went with our private financing. Then they caused us to rearrange our entire finances due to further "problems" costing us far far far more out of pocket than anticipated. Overall The sales team and the build team were great, the house is beautiful, love the location. I've bought and sold many homes and have had far worse and far better experiences. Don't be afraid to shop with them in the end but be prepared for the potential of some hoops.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2024

Having previously owned a KB home in which we loved to building our new KB home 6 years apart we saw many differences. Our sales representative, Travis, was wonderful. Travis is knowledgeable and always answered questions in a timely manner, even when he was off. We appreciated that very much! We liked that we could customize the home to what we wanted. The design studio was our favorite part of the whole journey. We wished there were more lighting/fixture options and could have chosen a higher grade paint than what is offered. We could upgrade the color, but that's not what we wanted. We like the standard alabaster, just wanted a better quality of paint used.

The price point for the customization is decent. We felt very disappointed with our experience this go around with the lack of professionalism and quality of work preformed by the contracted workers. Overall we wouldn't say our experience was 10/10, but that's okay. It allows KB to know what is working and what isn't. We were hounded by the KB teams to give them 10's, but as consumers we felt it was best to be honest so someone else doesn't experience the same issues.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

KB Homes provided outstanding customer service across every stage of our home-buying journey. From our initial interaction with the sales agent, who was knowledgeable and accommodating, to the seamless experience at the design studio, where our preferences were carefully considered, every detail was handled with care. Our mortgage lender ensured a smooth financial process, securing favorable terms and guiding us with expertise. During the final walkthrough, the construction worker, attentive and thorough, addressed any concerns promptly, ensuring our new home was delivered flawlessly and ahead of schedule. Overall, KB Homes demonstrated a commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, making our home-buying experience exceptional.

Pinned

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive KB Home experience with our entire team!

Customer Service

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Overall KB Home are the best with their design of the home. Customers service was the best where they answer all my question. I would definitely recommend KB Home to my friends and family.

Pinned

Congratulations on your new home, Jay! We're thrilled to hear that you're so happy with your KB Home experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2024

Excellent service. We find a few issues in the house but they have been fixing the problems very quickly. I will recommend KB homes, they told me, "Wherever you find wrong let us know and we will get it fixed."

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your home-buying journey with us, Eulogio!

Reviewed June 28, 2024

We purchased our first home with KB and had an overall great experience. The loan process all the way to closing was smooth. They did make sure to address all issues with the house before we closed and moved in. Everything is addressed in a timely manner. They do care a lot about the customers and make sure they are happy with the house.

Pinned

Congratulations on your first home, Patrick! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience working with our team.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 28, 2024

I loved how they communicated with us every step of the way, we moved from Canada so it was a lot more challenging with appointments being virtual but they did awesome with showing us our home through the entire building process, they called us weekly with updates as well we got photos sent weekly. We really loved every experience we had. Everyone was very friendly to us and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions/concerns.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive KB Home experience with us, Courtney!

Reviewed June 27, 2024

It's been an amazing experience! From meeting Alberto, to having him follow up with me and actually sell me the home. As a salesperson I appreciate the hard work he did to set us up with our new home. Scott M. made the purchasing part and organizing paperwork part easy. Greg maintained the high standard by helping introduce me to my home once it was ready, as well as how to operate everything in the home.

Pinned

We're so thrilled to hear that our entire team was able to provide such a positive experience for you, Jacob!

Reviewed June 27, 2024

I think of KB as a "cookie cutter" "box" builder. We did not expect the attention to detail and 5 star treatment from Theo and staff. We did buy a spec home, so we didn't go through the build experience. As a spec buyer, the process was made easy.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share these kind words with Theo and the rest of the team here at KB Home!

Reviewed June 26, 2024

I highly recommend purchasing a home with KB Home. I was in search for a forever home, I looked at many houses for sale, both resale and new construction. I decided on new construction and glad I connected with my KB sales person and loan originator, they made my dream come true. I am truly grateful.

Pinned

Congratulations on your beautiful new home, Hope! We're glad to hear that you're happy with your KB Home experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Generally very satisfied with my experience with KB Home. The loan process and construction walk through process went very smoothly! There could be some improvements in design features provided in the home given the pricing and the sales reps could be more knowledgeable on the home and community.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

I appreciated that KB Home was very upfront and forthcoming about every detail regarding our home purchase. Rodregus explained in depth what we could expect and shared with us biweekly and weekly updates on the progress of the construction. Stacy was phenomenal and explaining everything we needed to know regarding our home. She is very knowledgeable and extremely friendly!

Pinned

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share these kind words with the entire team here at KB Home, Garry!

Reviewed June 24, 2024

From the day I said yes to purchasing the home to the day I was handed the keys the process was amazing. Every employee or outside group that worked with me to fulfill my dream of buying a new home was professional, knowledgeable, helpful, KIND and were with me every step of the way. Thank you.

Pinned

We're thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience working with the team here at KB Home, Lisa!

Reviewed June 24, 2024

Used KBHS for purchase/construction of new home, and for the mortgage; they gave me better rates than I found elsewhere and were extremely responsive from the first to last step. Very pleased with my new home, and would absolutely recommend KB Home to others.

Pinned

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive KB Home experience with our team!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2024

We really loved our experience as first-time home buyers. KB's staff were exceptionally professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. We are generally satisfied with the craftsmanship of the final product and pleased with the post-sale customer service so far. However, we wish KB had offered more upgrade options, such as whole-house wood shelves and bathroom vanity lights. We also hope for higher quality in the interior doors and under kitchen cabinet lights.

Pinned

Congratulations on your first home! We're glad to hear that our team was able to provide such a positive experience for you.

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Working with KB Home has been a seamless process. They build beautiful, efficient and designer ready homes at a fair price. They take the time to not only listen to what you want, but to do everything in their power to make what you want a reality. They have a state of the art building process that gives you a very tight, well insulated home that is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. They have designer features that really make your home stand out from the rest and they do it at a price that should be affordable for everyone in the market for a new home. KB Home treats, the buyer fairly and really listens to what their concerns are and tries to really put you at ease. This was not my first new home build, but I will definitely say that from here on out I would recommend KB Home as my first, last and every choice for building new homes.

Pinned

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive KB Home experience with our team, Jennifer!

Reviewed June 21, 2024

We had a fantastic experience with KB Home. The sales personnel was very knowledgeable and helpful. Ann was incredibly kind in allowing us to view some homes which were in the construction process so that we could obtain an idea of what was going to be required..

Pinned

We're so excited to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with our team, Mario! Thanks for sharing these kind words with us!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Being a first home purchase for me, I needed as much assistance as possible. KB Home took care of all my needs, and exceeded expectations in communication & customer service. Everything was done in a timely fashion with order and professionalism, from the entire team. Great experience.

Pinned

Congratulations on your first home! We're thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide such a positive experience for you.

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Overall, I am happy to have selected my lot and to build the plan I like most with the desired upgrades. However, the upgrade options are quite limited, and it would be beneficial to have more choices available. Unfortunately, the price variation for the same house model in different locations within the same city is significant. Additionally, it would be more helpful if the loan processing team could provide more accurate and detailed information upfront.

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I love my home and mostly had a good experience with the building process. My home was well built and on time. KB frontline employees were great. Upper management was not. An issue arose 3 weeks before closing and upper management made it clear that business was more important than the customer. KB skews the review process. They aren't interested in true and accurate reviews. It was made clear to me that anything less than a 10 negatively affects the employees on the frontline. How unfair when the upper management were the failures, not the frontline employees.

KB Home Company Information