2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

International Van Lines, also known as IVL, operates throughout the entire continental U.S. and services all kinds of destinations worldwide. It offers long-distance, international and local moving services. It also provides free quotes and sets up customers with relocation coordinators who can help plan their moves.

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

These guys were easygoing, no stress and serious about all parts of the move. Very quick and easy with the packing and loading of the stuff. Price was also much more than reasonable. I highly suggest hiring them for any type of move. I would use them again definitely!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This is the 7th time in my life I had to go through the grueling task of moving out of state. This was a big move for my family. We moved from Texas to IL and needed full service. Although my company paid for the move I was still very nervous just like anyone moving. They did a great job! They under sold and over delivered. I was pleased and I am leaving them recommendations wherever I can.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

The whole process was great start to finish. The driver was very and attentive and polite. The transport went very well considering I kept changing the date of them. So happy I hired them. 200% recommended!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

We hired IVL back in 2007 for our move from GA to CA. This time we were moving back. My experience the first time around was good, so I gave them another shot. We had another great move with IVL so I wanted to spend the time and leave a review. Their price was in line, service top notch and they were very pleasant to deal with overall.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

My family had a positive experience moving with IVL. We moved from San Fransico to NY and had no issues. They were very proactive in terms of getting our inventory and quote done. The price was accurate. We also had no damage which was nice. All in all we rate them 5 out of 5 and would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I needed a last minute move for my relocation from San Fransico to Dallas. I found IVL online and they came highly rated. The whole experience was seamless. The movers did a great job with the loading and off loading. They also packed very well. I’m a second time mover and this was a better experience for my family. I’d use them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Do not hire this phony CONTRACTOR! They don’t move your stuff! They CONTRACT the job out to companies you’ve never heard of! Then your stuff gets put into public storage! Who knows if you’ll ever get your stuff at all! Don’t believe anything they tell you about what it will cost you because it will be TWICE the quoted amount! Don’t believe them if they tell you they will deliver your stuff immediately! It’s ALL LIES! Total WASTE of money! DO NOT HIRE! DO NOT GIVE THESE LIARS A PENNY!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Back in late June/early July we contacted IVL. First question we asked was does IVL actually do the moving with their own people and vehicles. The answer was a resounding yes. We went through the motions to get an accurate estimate, and then gave IVL the list of items we needed moved. We then gave them a deposit of $1400 approx. We then had to play some phone tag for a short while with dates. After we got our date until the time of our actual pickup on 9/28 and they had our deposit, you could not get a call back no matter how many messages you left. No email, nothing.

Imagine our surprise when a guy showed up from Brooklyn moving inc showed up in a Penske rental truck. Nothing to do with IVL except to say IVL was the broker and charged us a lot of money. So while we waited 3 hours for his partner, who had gone out and partied the night before, he covered the paperwork with my wife and myself twice. His partner finally showed and we loaded the truck. No problems, not much stuff really. Nothing that needed disassembled. The wife had most everything packed and labeled anyways. All the driver from Brooklyn kept saying was how much it would cost. Not really sure what he meant as we had the estimate and we removed a bunch of items from the list.

I will write another reveries of Brooklyn shortly. Just know that if you get IVL and speak to any of their people assume they are lying like they did to us. I would never do business with them again. Brooklyn damaged almost all of our furniture and household items as NONE OF IT WAS TIED IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!!! Really. Could not believe it!!! You will better off calling the garbage hauling company than IVL.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

We chose International Van Lines (IVL) to move us from Ohio to Connecticut about one month ago (end of August 2020), because our representative (George **) was informative, the price was in the middle of a range of bids we had received, and in particular, because we were told we were being given a “Binding Quote” that would not change based on the detailed photos, videos and furniture dimensions we had sent to him. Overall, our experience was poor for two reasons:

1. The “Binding Quote” IS NOT: When the movers showed up, they had RENTED too small a truck to pick up our load and, a) charged us approximately 20% more despite the “Binding Quote” we had obtained from IVL, b) tried to charge us ‘special moving fees’ of $150 for each of 6 pieces of furniture, and c) told us we were going to have to put the items that did not fit on their truck IN OUR CARS, or figure out which items would have to be LEFT BEHIND (furthermore, they said this happens regularly!). After a number of heated arguments with the movers – just what you DON’T need to add to the stress of moving, we got ALMOST everything onto the vehicles and eliminated the ‘special moving fees.’ The moral of the story is, do not trust that IVL will stand by their “Binding Quote,” since it appears to be a marketing gimmick.

2. The customer communications are very poor: IVL had been unable to tell us what time or day the movers would arrive until LATE THE NIGHT BEFORE they arrived, and then kept pushing back the day we’d even know our delivery date. This was undoubtedly time used to consolidate loads onto a larger truck, but we should not have had to make numerous (unreturned) calls EVERY DAY to get the information we needed. Changing the contact person for the various elements of the job is probably designed to prevent any one person from being held responsible for the delays and mistakes caused by others.

I suspect one of the problems is that IVL appears to be a broker of other companies’ moving services, since WE NEVER SAW AN IVL EMPLOYEE at any point in time. On the positive side, George ** was easy to work with, and nothing was broken. I served in the Army and have multiple degrees, so I’ve been professionally moved nine times. Based on this experience, I would not recommend or trust International Van Lines to move you.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I’m not one to post reviews, but I’m compelled to share that our experience with IVL went well. As someone that has moved a few times I’ve had good and bad experiences. I was very pleased with the performance of IVL, their movers, drivers and sales rep (Justin). Our move was for a 4 bedroom house from New York to Seattle. In the midst of all the chaos they came through. They were on time, we had no damage or any surprises. We’re pleased customers here and would use them again!

International Van Lines Company Information