2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

IVL operates through the entire continental U.S. as well as services any destination worldwide. They offer long-distance, international and local moving services.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

International Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about International Van Lines?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

Relocated my family from NC to Texas. I’m a vet and no stranger to moving. The military moved us over 11 times and 2 of those were with IVL. Their movers did a good job, we had no damage or delays. Their communication was a bit off, but I know COVID has caused problems for most business. All in all a good move and I would use them again. I’d also like to thank Mike J and Lisa C for being attentive.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

We went to a fake page that said that IVL or International Van Lines was recommend highly. Don’t believe it. Apparently they subbed out my move to a guy from Czechoslovakia who hired people from Craigslist to move my stuff. Let alone the fact when it got to me it was broken, destroyed, crushed, look like it had been set on fire, was wet and had Pine Needles in it. They could barely speak English. They wanted $12,600 to move me from New Jersey to Florida, and they destroyed more than that in the move. I do not recommend them. Their insurance was a scam .. We chased the insurance company for two years in an attempt to get back what they Damaged and destroyed. We took color pictures. We sent it to all three of their fake insurance companies. I lost every lamp, every light, every bed (3), my dining room, set my living room set and so many things that were in closets destroyed. Many boxes never arrived..

I do not recommend, do not, do not go through IVL, international van lines because they are a scam company, apparently they have no insurance. They scammed us by getting our stuff on the truck instead of $6000 as agreed, they doubled it to 12,500. These people have no integrity, they don’t care about your stuff and it’s obvious. I repeat. Do not use IVL or international Van lines! Do not, I repeat do not, do not, do not go through IVL, international van lines, they contracted out to people. Apparently they have no recommendations, and no insurance. They extorted us by getting our stuff on the truck. Instead of $6000 they doubled it to 12,500. These people have no integrity, they don’t care about your stuff and it’s obvious. I repeat do not use IVL or international van lines.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

IVL isn’t an actual mover: they’re just a brokerage. They hired a local subcontractor (Y & O) to do the packing. The scam here is that IVL reels you in with a reasonable quote and then the subcontractor comes in and tries to raise the estimate (which IVL declined to do in person “because of Covid”), supposedly because the inventory you provided over the phone isn’t accurate. In our case, the claim was that the estimate was too low by 70 percent. When you press them on this, they decline to detail in which ways it isn’t accurate—the movers just start yelling at you about how you’re going to completely fill their truck and they didn’t bring enough boxes. Then they have their “supervisor” call you and try to get you to agree if they knock a thousand or two off the new high estimate. Part of the method here is that they show up at the very end of the day (nearly 3pm) so that you feel you can’t get another mover.

Well, we called their bluff and found one. Now the issue is our deposit. Thank god we paid by credit card and can dispute the charge, because the compliance officer is refusing to refund us our money. Clearly a well-organized scam. I see now from other reviews that they pull it frequently. Please save yourself the trouble and avoid these people! Justin is a slick salesman and Daisja is the scamster compliance officer: avoid at all costs!

Original review: July 26, 2020

My family recently moved from CO to AZ and hired IVL. Although they were a few hundred more than a couple others I felt most comfortable with my account manager. They sent a great crew to pack and load and got it done timely. The foreman Steve was a delight and went above the standard. I got everything in 5 days and without a hitch. Yes, I’d use again!

Original review: July 24, 2020

Let us start by saying that we have moved many times in our lives, both domestically and internationally, and this was by far the worst experience ever. To begin with, the communications between IVL, the local mover they contracted with, and ourselves has been abysmal. Agents who don't return phone calls and emails for days. No dedicated point of contact. All kinds of miscommunication. Then there is New York City Movers (**), the company that IVL contracted with for this move. These guys are as sleazy as it gets. Trying to slap additional charges on at the last minute, and on the other end of the move. Arguing with their own partner (IVL) over nickel and dime issues. Completely out-of-step with the customer, and our needs. Even arguing with their own movers here on-site.

How does IVL manage to stay in business? Why would they pick suck an awful partner. Oh, did I mention that they couldn't give us an arrival date for our furniture until the day before, and the window they gave was between 10 and 21 days? Who does that? To close, we had a wonderful experience with United Van Lines on our previous move. Totally professional at every step of the way.

Original review: July 17, 2020

As a military brat I’m no stranger to dealing with movers. I’ve used all the top-rated companies from United to Allied. This was my first time hiring IVL and the reason we did was because of their reviews and my rep Mike J. Unlike the others we got one month of storage free, packing was reasonable and they paid attention to the details that I know are important. We had a pleasant experience with office staff and their crews. I wanted to take the time because it’s well deserved.

Original review: July 16, 2020

INTERNATIONAL VAN LINES Was the worst experience ever in my life!!! Not only did they arrive in a broken down BUDGET RENTAL truck to pick up our stuff.. They had a mechanic show up and work on it for hours before they finished loading the truck..Arrived at 11 am, left at 9:30 PM! They showed up with 3 guys, they started fighting and 1 left so then there were 2. I WAS told by Laurie at IVL in the beginning:

#1. A truck with the words IVL on them would be doing the pick up..(that did not happen).

#2. All furniture is taken apart and put back together at delivery (did not happen).

#3. I can communicate with IVL and driver to know at all times where my things are, this did not happen.. I was told the day our move left to my destination I would get a call from Sean the manager with the name and phone # of the driver.. Did not happen, was yelled at by Sean the manager over the phone. He said “I AM NOT GIVING YOU THE NAME OF THE DRIVER. I REFUSE.” He was so unprofessional. It was appalling!

#4. I was told by Daisja (top person in charge, so she said) my move was going to travel to me by ALL ROADS EXPRESS not IVL and to have the cashier's check made out to them (FOR $4200.00 MORE THAN THE QUOTE)..

#5. I get a call from this guy named Sean and he tells me PRESTO is driving my move. At this point I had to go get another Cashier's check to PRESTO! We hired IVL, they handed my move off to 3 different companies and took my things off the truck 3 times and re-loaded it on to 3 different trucks before it left to my destination..

#6. My move was picked up on 6/16 and sat in IVL'S warehouse until 6/23 when it left and finally arrived on 6/27..

#7. I get a phone call from the driver the day before the delivery on 6/26 (after texting Ms. Daisja letting her know I have had no contact from the driver).. When the PRESTO driver called me he was more than rude. Also yelling at me, I ask where he was and he said “none of your business. It does not matter, I will be there tomorrow”! APPALLING!

#8 The driver arrives on 6/27 then 6 other random guys pull up that do not work for IVL or PRESTO and proceed to grab stuff from the truck, running, throwing it any place!! BTW NONE of the workers were social distancing or wearing masks / gloves etc..

#9. I watched while they dropped a flat screen TV off the truck on to the street.. The driver said “DO NOT WORRY. IT'S NOT YOURS.” IT GOES TO MY NEXT STOP, unreal..

#10. They had 3 DIFFERENT loads on this truck. Things were all mixed up,, I am sure our things were delivered to the incorrect stop,, or stolen by a worker or possibly left at the warehouse when they moved my load to 3 different trucks..

I was told IVL was NOT A broker when I called to schedule the move. I was told by FMCSA you absolutely ARE, they tell me you do NOT do your own moving.. I was quoted $7368.01.. I ended up paying $10,086.50.. Hmmmm? I feel like I was completely taken for in this process.. I have had to see my doctor for the stress level involved in this process.. We are missing a $400.00 Dewalt table saw. Another box we marked PS-4 gaming system & router, lots of tools.. We have a new king mattress that arrived fully damaged as they piled everything on top of it in the process..

Attached to the contract was a claim form.. We filled it out, sent it in and they would not answer our phone-calls.. Ms. Daisja hung up on me and said she would not process the claim as I can not prove what was in the boxes.. Well the 2x2 $400.00 table saw was NOT in a box and went missing along with a box marked PS-4 gaming system & ROUTER and a box of expensive tools, hmmmm?? Our baby crib worth $525.00 was completely damaged along with a BUNCH of other things.. They are refusing to locate the missing LARGE items and refusing to do anything.. We are moving forward in reporting them to every entity on file, including filing a police report.. So NO NO NO. PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR MOVE WITH "INTERNATIONAL VAN LINES". Your things will go missing, get damaged and IVL will say, "Too bad, so sad.."

Original review: July 6, 2020

My family chose IVL based on reviews and their overall professionalism. I’ve hired movers several times in my life and it’s never a fun experience. I’d like to thanks Mike **, Lisa ** and Daisja for going above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. The move was for a 3 bedroom house which required a lot. The move was completed on about 6 hours then delivered in about 9 days. I had no issues on the delivery end and I’m a happy customer. Thanks.

Original review: July 4, 2020

We had an unbelievably awful experience on the receiving end of our move. The crew (one who did nothing because of an injury and two they found on Craig’s list) spent six hours (mostly taking breaks in the truck) just moving our items into the house. We had to put all of our beds and furniture together ourselves. When I unpacked the boxes, almost every dish was broken even though they were bubble wrapped and clearly labeled fragile. My dishes have survived a few different moves before this. I’ve never seen anything like it, and I would never recommend this company.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Well here we sit with our house fully packed waiting for the movers that were to be here between 10 am - 2 pm. They were to call 30-45 minutes before they arrive, it is now 1:51 pm as I write this. Zero call, and we have called them 8x. We have hotels booked as we are moving to another state and literally cannot stay in our current house one more night as the new owners now officially own it. This is the WORST experience I have ever had with a moving company. EVER!!! I highly recommend staying away from this horrible company. Who does to that people?? This is total bs and we wish we would’ve never went with these people. Thanks for making our move a nightmare!

International Van Lines Company Information