Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Portland
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems keep your home comfortable during Portland's dry summers and cold, damp winters. Whether you're upgrading your system or in need of repairs, there's no shortage of Portland HVAC companies. Your primary requirements should include that the company is licensed, insured and experienced.
Top 10 Portland HVAC Companies
|AAA Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Offers residential and commercial installation. Repairs and maintains HVAC equipment. Provides furnace and duct cleaning services.
|Bruton Comfort Control||Read Expert Review|
Installs, maintains and repairs residential and commercial HVAC systems. Installs heating systems, air conditioners, ductless heat systems, heat pumps and thermostats.
|Jacobs Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Offers residential and commercial heating and cooling services. Provides utility company rebates and special offers for new customers.
|Morrison Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Offers free estimates, same-day service and financing options. Services heating and cooling systems, commercial HVAC equipment, tankless water heaters and thermostats.
|Pyramid Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Repairs and installs furnaces, boilers, air conditioners and ductless mini-split systems from several brands. Offers home heating, cooling and air quality services. Commercial HVAC services available.
|Reitmeier||Read Expert Review|
Provides heating, cooling and ventilation solutions, including HVAC installation, preventive maintenance and energy management services.
|Sky Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Offers HVAC installation, repair and maintenance across Portland and The Dalles. Specializes in geothermal heating and cooling systems. Prevent ducts from leaking with Sky Seal process.
|Specialty Heating & Cooling Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Offers financing options and exclusive deals. Provides heating, cooling and indoor air quality solutions. Commercial HVAC services available.
|Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Offers installation and maintenance for residential and commercial HVAC systems. Services commercial refrigeration systems in the Portland metro area. Sells furnaces, heat pumps, ductless heat pumps and air handlers.
|Sunset Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Provides heating, cooling and electrical services to residents and businesses owners in Oregon. Sells air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, indoor air quality systems and thermostats.
Common AC and heater repair costs in Portland
HVAC systems are complicated, and many different components can fail. The average cost to repair an HVAC system in Portland is between $250 and $300, but that rate varies considerably based on what services need to be performed.
|AC leak detection and repair||$300 - $1,400|
|AC air compressor replacement||$1,200 - $2,500|
|AC fan motor replacement||$150 - $800|
|Heat exchanger||$200 - $1,400|
|Ignitor||$150 - 200|
|Thermostat||$75 - 200|
Should I repair or replace my HVAC system?
Replacing your heater and air conditioner is an expensive proposition — on average, it costs between $6,000 and $10,000 to replace your current HVAC unit and between $3,500 and $5,500 to replace just a furnace. If you have an older or obsolete HVAC system, however, a newer, more energy-efficient unit helps lower your utility bill.
You can also save money on installation by taking advantage of rebates for energy-efficient HVAC improvements. The Energy Trust of Oregon and Portland General Electric provide incentives to homeowners for installing energy-efficient HVAC units, smart thermostats and insulation.
Portland HVAC tips and advice
How to improve the air quality in a Portland home
Portland metro area residents spend a lot of time indoors sleeping, hosting parties or catching up on their favorite Netflix shows. Having excellent air quality makes the time you spend indoors more enjoyable and helps prevent allergy symptoms. Common indoor air pollutants include dust, mold, fungi, bacteria, pollen, allergens and smoke.
Most HVAC companies offer air quality solutions, including standalone room units or whole-house purification systems. Humidifiers, dehumidifiers and indoor ventilation systems help produce fresh air and regulate moisture. Consult with a Portland HVAC provider to find out what method they suggest using to keep the air in your home fresh, clean and comfortable.
What a new homeowner in Portland should know
For new homeowners in Portland, here are a few tips for a healthy and comfortable indoor environment:
- Learn how your new home is cooled and heated: Get to know the type of HVAC system you have, what fuel it uses, its age, efficiency rating and if it has existing warranties.
- Clean or change the air filters: Cleaning your air filters is a basic technique to keep your HVAC system in excellent shape. Do it every month unless otherwise specified.
- Get regular HVAC checkups: Prepare your system for the summer and winter by having it inspected and tuned up by a professional HVAC company. Regular HVAC maintenance keeps your system performing at a high level and helps detect small problems that can eventually cause your system to fail.
- Don’t forget the ductwork: The condition of your ducts heavily influences your indoor air quality. If you or your family members experience sudden allergies or unexplained symptoms, it’s time to contact an HVAC company to examine your ducts and see if they require cleaning.
- Look for a trusted HVAC service provider: Don’t wait until you see signs of HVAC failure, such as inconsistent temperature, people falling ill or increasing energy bills. Contact an HVAC professional to do an evaluation of your system as a preventive step and ask for advice on what more should be done.
Portland heating and cooling FAQ
- Should I get a smart thermostat?
- A smart thermostat is an excellent way to cut your heating and cooling bills without much effort. Smart thermostats learn the behavior of people in your home and ensure you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty house. They can be controlled by smartphones, tablets and other compatible devices, which means you can manage the temperature when you're away from home. Having an HVAC company install a smart thermostat costs between $200 and $400 but saves homeowners between $150 and $180 a year in energy costs, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- What is an energy audit?
- HVAC companies perform energy audits to gather and analyze data on your system and determine its energy consumption. Many Portlanders conduct energy audits to discover ways to make their HVAC systems more efficient and lower utility costs.
- How can I save money on my energy bill?
- Regular maintenance, tuneups, cleaning, replacing defective parts, proper thermostat settings and investing in an energy audit help you save money on your energy bill.
- What are the benefits of insulating my house?
- Having your home insulated by a licensed HVAC company prevents drafts from entering your home in the winter. It also helps maintain the interior temperature of your home in the summer and prevents your air conditioner from overworking to cool your house. Insulation also has other benefits, including reducing outside noise. Contact an HVAC company to perform an energy audit of your home to discover the impact of sealing air leaks and installing insulation. The Energy Trust of Oregon provides a cash incentive of up to $0.50 per square foot to homeowners who have their house insulated.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Portland HVAC company information
Reitmeier provides various HVAC solutions and services to property owners, property managers, facility managers and general contractors. Reitmeier builds and designs HVAC equipment to meet customers’ unique needs. The company’s engineers and architects have experience and expertise in systems design and use an in-house computer-aided design (CAD) system.
Reitmeier also provides commercial HVAC installation, repairs and preventive maintenance services, regardless of brand. Its technicians are available 24/7 and have a dispatch system that allows the company’s service crew to respond to your call within two to four hours.
- Address: 19570 SW 90th Court, Tualatin, OR 97062
- Phone: (503) 603-0205
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: reitmeiernw.com
AAA Heating and Cooling provides repair and maintenance for furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, ductless heat pumps, ducted and ductless mini-split systems and water heaters. Owners of commercial HVAC systems can rely on AAA Heating for custom design and installation of equipment, including furnaces, air conditioners, rooftop systems, split systems, control systems and ventilation systems. The company also provides duct cleaning and filter changes to clients in Portland and Vancouver.
AAA Heating does everything according to EPA standards. Its bids include all parts and labor to ensure there are no hidden charges. AAA Heating offers three-year and five-year labor warranties and a 12-year parts warranty.
- Address: 5017 NE Grand Ave., Portland, OR 97211
- Phone: (503) 284-2173
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
- Website: aaaheatingandcoolinginc.com
Sky Heating and Air Conditioning offers a selection of furnace systems that include variable-speed, single- or two-stage heating and Energy Star-qualified models, all backed up by solid warranties. The company’s heating services include inspections, cleaning and adjusting furnaces, heat pumps or boilers to prevent frequent repairs.
Sky Heating offers ductless mini-split and ductless air conditioning installation, maintenance and repair services. Installation is usually completed in a single day.
- Address: 19305 SW Teton Ave., Tualatin, OR 97062
- Phone: (503) 235-9083
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 5pm
- Website: skyheating.com
Bruton Comfort Control’s engineers and technicians design and install custom air conditioning systems. The company also provides HVAC replacements and updates. It has partnered with Daikin and Goodman to offer HVAC solutions at affordable prices. BCC offers proactive maintenance services to help lengthen the service life of your air conditioner and avoid sudden and costly malfunctions while protecting the quality of your indoor air and comfort.
BCC offers light commercial heating and cooling equipment installation, maintenance, repairs, replacements and retrofitting to businesses. You can get a free estimate online, and a professional will be in touch within 48 hours.
- Address: 12720 SW Allen Blvd., Beaverton, OR 97005
- Phone: (503) 626-7477
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: brutoncomfortcontrol.com
Jacobs Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. sells and installs air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, duct-free heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps, water heaters, thermostats, Heat & Glo fireplace inserts and indoor air quality solutions. The company carries brands such as Carrier, Honeywell, Venmar, Daikin Ductless, Heat & Glo and Navien. Its services include HVAC installation, repair and maintenance for residential, commercial and industrial companies. The company also offers duct cleaning, gas piping services, troubleshooting and home automation services. Jacobs offers summer specials, utility company rebates and new customer service specials.
- Address: 4474 SE Milwaukie Ave., Portland, OR 97202
- Phone: (503) 234-7331
- Hours: M - F: 7am - 6pm; Sat: 8am - 2pm
- Website: jacobsheating.com
Sunset Heating & Cooling provides installs HVAC systems for residential customers. The company’s technicians are also trained to install, repair and service commercial HVAC systems. It's a Lennox premier dealer and NW Natural Gas certified partner.
Sunset also offers easy maintenance plans, discounts and rewards through its referral program. Its service plans cost $16.50 a month with an $8.50 a month charge for each additional piece of equipment. Plan members also receive a 15% discount on all service and repair work. When you refer someone who purchases an HVAC unit, you get a $50 reward.
- Address: 607 SW Idaho St., Portland, OR 97239
- Phone: (503) 234-0611
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: sunsethc.com
Pyramid Heating & Cooling sells and installs boilers, furnaces, heat pumps, ductless heating, radiant heating, geothermal heating and water heaters. The company also installs, maintains and repairs air conditioners, ductless cooling and geothermal cooling. Its air quality products include air purifiers, humidifiers and ductless services. Pyramid offers rebates, incentives and occasional coupons for Oregon- and Washington-based customers when they purchase or upgrade specific energy-efficiency equipment. Financing is available.
Pyramid also provides installation and preventive maintenance for commercial HVAC systems, including furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, rooftop package units, ductless mini-split systems, multizone systems, exhaust fans and air units. The company offers maintenance plans that make it more convenient for customers to maintain their HVAC systems. The plan’s benefits include 10% off service repairs and duct cleaning, no overtime charges on weekdays, priority emergency dispatching and fixed prices for up to three years.
- Address: 9409 NE Colfax St., Portland, OR 97220
- Phone: (503) 783-8488
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: pyramidheating.com
Specialty Heating & Cooling Inc. offers heating products such as gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps and ductless heat pumps. Its cooling solutions include air conditioners, smart thermostats and fan coils.
The company’s commercial HVAC services include equipment replacement, carbon monoxide testing for indoor air quality and computer room air conditioning. Technicians are on call 365 days a year. Occasional special offers are available on selected Carrier products and annual maintenance fees.
- Address: 7500 SW Tech Center Drive, Portland, OR 97223
- Phone: (503) 343-4003
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 5pm
- Website: specialtyheating.com
Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning provides HVAC equipment diagnostics to ensure even airflow, better indoor air quality, efficient energy use, reduced pollution and optimum system performance. The company also provides HVAC services for homes, including air conditioner and furnace installation, maintenance and repair.
Sun Glow specializes in commercial refrigeration solutions, including walk-in freezers, walk-in coolers, medium-temperature and low-temperature grocery cases, dehumidifiers, rooftop units, sushi cases, double-door freezers and ice machines. Financing options are available through Wells Fargo Bank and Redbrick Financing. Sun Glow is a Carrier factory-authorized dealer, PGE-approved contractor, NWM-certified partner and Energy Trust of Oregon Trade ally and has promotional offers that provide savings for its clients.
- Address: 2428 SE 105th Ave., Portland, OR 97216
- Phone: (503) 253-7789
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: sunglowinc.com
Morrison Heating & Cooling provides furnace and air conditioner installation, maintenance, repair, replacement and tuneups. The company also offers oil to gas conversion services. Commercial HVAC solutions include installing and repairing furnaces, heat pumps, central air conditioning, ductless mini-split systems, multizone systems, rooftop package units and exhaust fans. The company also provides repairs and installation for tankless water heaters, thermostats, gas lines, gas fireplaces, radiant floor heat and zone systems.
Morrison Heating & Cooling offers a lifetime workmanship guarantee that covers work on all systems it installs. Manufacturer warranties cover all parts and components for the specified period.
- Address: 9260 SE 74th Ave., Portland, OR 97206
- Phone: (503) 683-7077
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 7pm
- Website: morhvac.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!