Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh's warm, humid summers and cold, snowy winters make a dependable heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system necessary in every season. It's essential to use a reputable and skilled HVAC repair company to ensure your AC and heater are working at top performance.
Top 10 Pittsburgh HVAC Companies
|Admiral Heating and Cooling Company||Read Expert Review|
Offers free HVAC consultation for installation, maintenance and repair services. Lennox-certified heating and cooling company. Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) affiliate.
|Boehmer Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Employs NATE-certified technicians. Member of the Triangle Technical Institute. Offers maintenance plans with up to 15% discounts on repairs and diagnostic costs. Provides home energy audits.
|Brickhaas Plumbing HVAC Services, LLC||Read Expert Review|
Offers clog and blockage assistance in addition to HVAC services. EPA-certified plumbing specialists. Experts in sewer replacement, tankless water heater installation and gas line replacements. Available 24/7.
|Caruso Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Carrier factory-authorized dealer. Offers 0% APR financing on air conditioning units, furnaces, heat pumps and ductless systems. 2018 Post Gazette Pittsburgh Fan Favorites Winner.
|Climatech Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Provides a full range of mechanical contracting services. Offers in-home sales quotes on air conditioners and heating systems. Schedule appointments online.
|J.A. Sauer, Co. Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Provides full HVAC services for residential and commercial customers. Seven-time winner of Carrier President’s Award. Special offers for residential installations and service calls.
|Metro Heating & Cooling||Read Expert Review|
Experienced with boiler installation and maintenance for residential and light commercial customers. Offers 10% off one-year maintenance agreements for new customers. 24/7 emergency repair available.
|Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in new installations, routine maintenance, system replacements and HVAC repairs. Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating affiliate.
|Proudfoot Plumbing, Heating and Air||Read Expert Review|
Offers ductless air conditioning repair and maintenance, gas furnace installations and commercial HVAC services. NATE-certified technicians.
|Wade Heating, Cooling & Geothermal||Read Expert Review|
Offers ductless air conditioning repair and maintenance, gas furnace installations and commercial HVAC services to the Greater Pittsburgh area. NATE-certified technicians.
Pittsburgh heating and air tips
What should I look for in a Pittsburgh HVAC contractor?
When looking for a new HVAC system or annual maintenance, it's essential to find a reputable HVAC company that does high-quality work. Some things to look for include:
- A licensed and insured NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified professional who has previous experience with the type of system or manufacturer you’d like installed or repaired. If possible, ask for references and talk to past customers.
- Experienced service technicians who pay attention to manufacturer instructions and follow industry best practices
- HVAC contractors who have a track record of providing proper installations for efficient equipment and system performance
- Heating and cooling companies who stand behind their work with refunds, warranties and guarantees
How can I save on energy costs?
One way to reduce your utility bills is to have a certified HVAC repair company install a smart thermostat in your home. A smart thermostat typically costs between $200 and $500 to install but can save users between $150 and $180 a year on energy costs, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's EnergyStar program. A smart thermostat saves homeowners money by learning their behavior and adjusting the temperature accordingly.
You can also hire an HVAC company to perform an energy audit of your home. During an energy audit, certified technicians inspect your home and HVAC system to find ways you can improve the system's energy efficiency.
How can I keep my HVAC system in good shape?
A well-maintained HVAC system in Pittsburgh requires regular maintenance. Hiring a certified HVAC company to inspect and tune up your air conditioner in the spring and your heater in the fall keeps your HVAC system operating at peak performance and helps identify any issues that might cause it to break down. You should also change your filter every one to three months and have an HVAC technician clean your system's condenser coils, fans and belts regularly.
What are the biggest repair costs for heaters?
In most furnaces, the most expensive repair is replacing the motor, which can cost up to $1,500. Repair costs for gas furnaces tend to be more expensive (at least $75 to $100 more) than electric furnaces. This is due mainly to the complexity of the systems and their parts, which include a gas furnace, flame sensor, gas valve and heat exchanger.
Heating and cooling Pittsburgh FAQ
- How much does it cost to replace a central AC system in Pittsburgh?
- It typically costs around $4,450 to replace a central air conditioning unit in Pittsburgh, though the price ranges from $2,500 to $6,500. Larger houses require more powerful units to adequately cool the home, which increases the total cost.
- How much does it cost to replace a furnace in Pittsburgh?
- The average price to replace a furnace in Pittsburgh is around $4,250 for the unit and installation. The total cost varies depending on the type of furnace you choose — gas furnaces are more expensive than electric furnaces.
- Why is my AC unit leaking?
- There are a few causes of leaking in air conditioners. The most common is a clogged drain line, caused by dirt, dust or mold blocking the condensate drain. In older units, the cause could be a faulty drain pan. Aside from these two common causes, broken condensate pumps, clogged air filters and AC units with low refrigerant also generate leakage. If your air conditioner is leaking, contact an HVAC technician to diagnose the problem.
- How do I know if my air ducts need cleaning?
- Pittsburgh homeowners should clean their air ducts every two months. Any longer than this and you’ll begin to notice a build-up of dust on vent covers and registers. Additional signs of obstructed vents are inconsistent or low airflow and mold. If you suspect any of these within your home, reach out to an HVAC professional for cleaning solutions.
- How often should a furnace in Pittsburgh be checked?
- You should have a licensed HVAC technician inspect your furnace every fall. Pittsburgh winters last anywhere from three to four months, and a well-maintained furnace saves you from high energy costs and improper ventilation.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Pittsburgh HVAC company information
Wade Heating, Cooling & Geothermal is an award-winning HVAC company with more than 37 years of experience. The NATE-certified technicians at Wade are specialists in home heating systems — furnaces, geothermal systems and heat pumps — as well as AC installations, repairs and maintenance. The company is available 24/7 and provides a routine maintenance plan that allows customers to save 10% on service.
- Address: 203 Hirshinger Road, Moon, PA 15108
- Phone: (412) 799-9817
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: always70wade.com
Caruso Heating & Air Conditioning is a 24/7 service provider that employs NATE-certified technicians. The company offers 36-month and 60-month financing deals through Wells Fargo. Caruso Heating & Air Conditioning provides manufacturer and utility company rebates that help customers save up to $1,650 on select HVAC systems.
- Address: 98 McNeilly Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15226
- Phone: (412) 882-6080
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: carusoac.com
Climatech Inc. is an Energy Star-affiliated HVAC service provider with more than 40 years of experience. The company has online scheduling, and its technicians handle HVAC upgrades and replacements. Climatech also provides construction services to commercial clients. The company focuses on energy-efficient equipment.
- Address: 200 Bilmar Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- Phone: (412) 921-8000
- Hours: Mon - Fri: 8am - 5pm
- Website: climatech.com
Metro Heating & Cooling offers annual HVAC maintenance and on-call emergency services. The company employs NATE-certified technicians with experience in installation and repair. Metro Heating & Cooling specializes in rooftop AC system installations for light commercial customers. The business offers two lending options through a partnership with Dollar Bank Loan Center.
- Address: 972 Banksville Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- Phone: (412) 561-7330
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: metroheatingcooling.com
Philips Heating & Air Conditioning has more than 40 years of experience handling HVAC repairs and installations. The company's technicians consult with customers to find the best indoor air and carbon monoxide detection solutions, including air decontaminating UV lamps and air filtration systems. Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning partners with Wells Fargo, Carrier, Microf and Dollar Bank Loan Center to offer financing options.
- Address: 1100 E. Warrington Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15210
- Phone: (412) 431-6563
- Hours: Mon - Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
- Website: phillipsheating.com
J.A. Sauer Co. Heating & Air Conditioning has been providing cooling, heating and commercial services since 1981. The company is a Carrier-authorized dealer that repairs, maintains and installs air conditioners, indoor air products, heating systems and boilers. The company's 24/7 services include ductwork, zoning and radiant heating for residences and commercial businesses.
- Address: 4559 Peoples Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
- Phone: (412) 499-3770
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: jasauerco.com
Proudfoot Plumbing, Heating and Air specializes in older homes throughout the Squirrel Hill, Highland Park, South Side, Greenfield, Regent Square and Allegheny County area. The company's technicians are experts in whole-house heating and cooling maintenance, mini ductless systems and plumbing repair. In addition to Allegheny County, their focus areas include Beaver, Butler, Westmoreland and Washington counties.
- Address: 229 W. Eighth Ave., West Homestead, PA 15120
- Phone: (412) 461-2198
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 8am - 4pm
- Website: proudfoot-services.com
Boehmer Heating & Cooling provides home energy audits. The company's technicians test your home’s system to ensure your HVAC is operating efficiently and clear of any mold, mildew or toxic materials. In addition to checking your whole home, Boehmer also offers individual services such as geothermal installation, heating and air conditioning maintenance and indoor air repair.
- Address: 300 Hargrove St., Pittsburgh, PA 15226
- Phone: (412) 381-4100
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: boehmerheating.com
Admiral Heating and Cooling company installs Lennox furnaces, air conditioners, air filters and humidifiers. The company has 58 years of industry experience and serves residential and commercial clients.
- Address: 3333 Library Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15234
- Phone: (412) 885-1700
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: admiralhvac.com
Brickhaas Plumbing HVAC Services LLC serves customers in the Pittsburgh and West Mifflin area. The company's technicians repair gas and water lines. The company installs, repairs and maintains heating systems, air conditioning units, thermostats, sensors and ventilators.
- Address: 415 Elmore Ave., West Mifflin, Pennsylvania 15122
- Phone: (724) 761-2091
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: westmifflinhvacservice.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!