Best Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Denver
Denver residents rely on their HVAC systems to keep their homes comfortable. HVAC systems maintain the proper temperature in your home and filters allergens and pollutants in the air. If your HVAC system is out, it’s essential to find a qualified, reliable HVAC repair company in Denver to repair it as quickly as possible.
Top 9 Denver HVAC Companies
|Altitude Comfort Heating and Air||Read Expert Review|
Provides furnace repair service, cooling services and evaporative coolers to the Denver and Boulder community. Offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
|Comfy Cave Heating & Air||Read Expert Review|
Provides reliable HVAC installations, repairs and air quality services. Offers fair pricing and financing options for families. Locally owned company.
|Controlling Systems Inc.||Read Expert Review|
Offers free in-home estimates for your heating, cooling and HVAC needs, plus financing options. Provides air conditioning and heating repairs and installations, air duct cleaning, energy rebates and furnace services.
|Golden West Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical||Read Expert Review|
Serves the Denver metro, Aurora and Golden. Services include plumbing repairs, garbage disposal repairs, leaking pipes and faucets, gas line repairs, water line replacements and HVAC fixes.
|Pasterkamp Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Provides Denver residents with heating, cooling and indoor air quality services. Offers a customer satisfaction guarantee. More than 60 years of experience. Family-owned.
|Premier Heating and Air||Read Expert Review|
Provides furnace and air conditioning packages for residential customers. Offers whole-house air purification, humidifiers and water heaters. Financing and Xcel rebates available.
|Sanders and Johnson Heating and Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Offers heating and air conditioning solutions for Denver residential homeowners. Provides free in-home estimates for services.
|Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning||Read Expert Review|
Provides a wide range of services beyond HVAC, including plumbing, electrical and commercial services. Offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
|Summit Heating & AC||Read Expert Review|
Installs and replaces heating systems, air conditioners, air filters, air purifiers and furnaces. Offers emergency repair and maintenance.
Tips for HVAC repair Denver
Spend less money on your energy bill in Denver
Denver residents without well-maintained HVAC systems face high utility bills in the city's hot summers and cool winters. Having a professional air conditioner repair company check your AC for leaks and clean your air purifier before summer lowers the overall cost of keeping your home comfortable.
Before winter hits, have a professional HVAC repair company inspect and tune up your heating system. Common heating system problems include water or duct leaks, outdated equipment and electrical issues. Air conditioning systems usually have issues with older equipment, refrigerant leaks and coil or compressor damage.
High energy bills can be unrelated to the HVAC system — your HVAC system may be working harder to compensate for poor insulation or faulty seals around your doors and windows. Always check that your window seals are in good condition to maintain the temperature in your home.
Prepare your HVAC system for cold Denver winters
It’s essential to prepare your HVAC system for Denver’s winter before the first snow falls. By doing a few simple things, you can ensure your family stays warm and that your energy bills are reasonable.
- Program your thermostat to be a consistent temperature throughout the day and night. If you aren’t home during the day, turn it down a few degrees.
- Check the air filters in your HVAC units monthly. Dust and debris in the filters can substantially slow down your heater or AC.
- Seal windows, doors, cracks and any place that has a draft. Check air vents for leaks or other issues. If you can’t install energy efficient windows, cover them and add insulation where needed. A little bit of caulk can mean a huge difference in energy efficiency.
- If you have a furnace, turn off the pilot light in the summer and be sure to clean and replace the filter.
Prepare your AC unit for summer
Denver summers are hot and dry, and air conditioning and swamp coolers make your home more comfortable. To prepare for summer in Denver, be sure to:
- Change the air filters in your HVAC system every month to remove debris and dust.
- Check the outside air conditioner condenser unit for signs of damage or debris that might obstruct the air intake.
- Schedule a maintenance tuneup before it gets hot. A certified technician can ensure that your unit is ready for summer.
Denver heating and air conditioning FAQ
- How can I prepare for autumn in Denver?
- One of the best ways to prepare for autumn or springtime is to replace your air filters, clean the HVAC vents and remove debris from outdoor units. The fall is a great time to test the furnace on cold Colorado evenings and ensure the pilot light works and everything is ready for the seasonal changes ahead.
- How can I save money on AC repairs?
- To save money on air conditioning and repairs, have a licensed HVAC repair company inspect and maintain your system twice a year. If you notice the AC unit being noisy or working too hard, get it checked out before the problem grows worse. If the evening is cool enough, turn your AC off to let it rest.
- When is the best time to replace a furnace in Denver?
- The best time to replace a furnace in Denver is in the summer when there is less demand. If you need a replacement, it’s better to find out before the temperature drops.
- Should I get a programmable or smart thermostat?
- A programmable thermostat helps you conserve energy by adjusting the temperature for different times of the day. Smart thermostats can be managed remotely to turn on your air conditioner or heater before you arrive home. Smart thermostats tend to be expensive, but the investment is often worth it if you forget to manually adjust the thermostat when you leave your home.
- Why does my home have “cold spots?”
- Cold spots are usually areas where there are drafts, ventilation issues or blocked air ducts. If one room is colder than the rest of the house, it can decrease the overall temperature, which makes your furnace work harder to keep the home warm.
Denver HVAC company information
Summit Heating & AC only employs NATE-certified technicians and offers competitive pricing and long-term financing options. The company repairs, installs and replaces AC units and furnaces. It also performs tuneups and sells indoor air quality products, including air cleaners and purifiers. Summit has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and locations in downtown Denver and Littleton.
- Phone: (720) 255-0883
- Address: 924 S. Sheridan Blvd., Denver, CO 80226
- Hours: M - Sun: 7am - 10pm
- URL: summitheatingco.com
Golden West Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical provides a variety of services, including plumbing repairs, drain cleaning and HVAC installation. The company also performs routine tuneups and maintenance, and it’s available 24/7 for emergency services. Golden West serves the broader Denver metro region as well as Boulder, Longmont, Parker and many other Colorado cities. Additionally, Golden West offers scholarships for Colorado students.
- Phone: (303) 433-6077
- Address: 4217 Delaware St., Denver, CO 80216
- Hours: 24/7
- URL: goldenwestph.com
Pasterkamp Heating and Air Conditioning only employs NATE-certified and EPA-certified technicians. The company has expertise installing and repairing heating, cooling and indoor air quality equipment. It offers coupons for preventive maintenance and new equipment and has excellent reviews online. Pasterkamp is committed to high-quality service.
- Phone: (303) 777-1234
- Address: 1930 S. Cherokee St., Denver, CO 80223
- Hours: M - F: 7:30am - 4:30pm
- URL: pasterkamp.com
Controlling Systems Inc. has provided HVAC services to the Denver area since 1976. The company services for air conditioners, heating systems and furnaces. Controlling Systems focuses on energy efficiency and offers substantial savings on replacements and installations. The company also has a preferred client option for customers, which includes a lifetime discount on products and ongoing maintenance.
- Phone: (303) 762-1421
- Address: 7000 North Broadway, Denver, CO 80221
- Hours: 24/7
- URL: controllingsystemsco.com
Comfy Cave Heating & Air offers HVAC services for the cold Colorado winters as well as the dry and intense summer season. Whether your HVAC heater uses gas or electricity, the company is prepared for all installations, updates and repairs. Comfy Cave also offers services for cooling and air quality filters for those in urban environments or with allergies. The company provides residential and commercial services. Comfy Cave includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all work.
- Phone: (720) 215-7848
- Address: 7625 W. 5th Ave., Ste. 202N, Lakewood, CO 80226
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- URL: comfycave.com
Altitude Comfort Heating and Air helps Denver residents with multiple HVAC services, including furnace repair and air conditioner services. The company offers 24-hour emergency repair, and it sells equipment eligible for Xcel rebates. Altitude Comfort has straightforward pricing, and customers appreciate its employees’ straightforward explanations about products and services.
- Phone: (303) 505-3406
- Address: 3570 E. 12th Ave., #183, Denver, CO 80206
- Hours: M - F: 7am - 10pm; Sat & Sun: 8am - 8pm
- URL: altitudecomfort.com
Premier Heating and Air services water heaters, furnaces, indoor air quality equipment and air conditioners. The company has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and offers financing to qualified customers. Premier also offers whole-house humidifiers and air purification systems.
- Phone: (303) 993-9060
- Address: 1695 W. Sheri Lane, Littleton, CO 80120
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 8pm
- URL: premieraircolorado.com
Sanders and Johnson prides itself on the ability to offer services regardless of the customer’s budget. The company offers free estimates on installations, and it services furnaces, boilers, water heaters and heat pumps. Its cooling services include repair and maintenance for air conditioning coils, compressors, coolant and thermostats. Sanders and Johnson provides 24-hour emergency service and financing options.
- Phone: (303) 422-6606
- Address: 7100 Broadway, #7K, Denver, CO 80221
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 4:30pm
- URL: sandersandjohnson.com
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers routine maintenance and installation for HVAC services. The company improves heating systems, cooling systems, plumbing systems and indoor air quality equipment. Service Experts has a program that allows homeowners to invest in energy-efficient heating or cooling systems for their homes with monthly payment installments instead of buying the system upfront. The company offers 24/7 emergency service and preventative options.
- Phone: (303) 573-7300
- Address: 7000 Broadway, Bldg. 1, Denver, CO 80221
- Hours: 24/7
- URL: serviceexpertsdenver.com