2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.36/5

Hunter Fans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have a small issue with my Hunter fan which I bought a few years ago, and for which I was rather interested in the quality of the product, and the lifetime warranty. But I have a small issue with a capacitor. And Hunter's only advice is to buy a new fan because they considered my product is "obsolete". Quite disappointing and no real added value when compared to competitors. Nevertheless thanks to the customer support for having addressed my request despite no solution.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Hunter used to be a quality brand, but evidently no longer. I have one less than 2 years old that no longer functions. They will not replace it, instead they accuse me of being a thief, or a dumpster diver. The photos I have of the installed product in my home are not enough. They insist on seeing the cash Home Depot receipt that is unreadable due to time and heat, so they say I am out of luck. If you do buy their substandard products, do yourself a favor and photocopy your receipt so this doesn't happen to you. No more Hunter products for me, and I suggest you do the same. I will never again purchase a shoddy product from this company that does not stand behind their guarantee, and treats their customers with this level of disrespect. Lifetime warranty is only as good as the heat activated receipt it is printed on. Stay away from this disingenuous company at all costs, or suffer the same fate as I did.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Trying to replace glass bowl to ceiling fan/light fixture and called to Hunter's customer service line. I don't have a manual or purchase invoice as was already installed in home prior to my purchasing. I cannot locate a model number and have difficulty on ladders (elderly). Hunter's line does not allow you to speak with anyone without having a model number and the automated system hangs up on you if you cannot provide one. Terrible customer service policy and practice.

Original review: May 26, 2020

My only regret is not being able to give zero stars. We built our house 21 years ago, with Hunter ceiling fans installed throughout. Recently, the motor failed on one of them. I called Hunter to claim under their "lifetime warranty." Hunter CSR: "Do you have a receipt for the fan?" Me: "No, it came with the house. But I can prove we have owned the house since it was built and that there was never another house at this address." Hunter CSR: "Can you get the builder send you the receipt, or a statement that he installed a Hunter fan." Me: "The builder, unfortunately, is dead." Hunter CSR: "Unless you can provide a document that you had that a Hunter fan installed with the house, we will not honor the warranty."

Really? You think I've been holding onto this hunk of junk for 21 years, or scouring flea markets or something, just to screw Hunter out of a fan motor? This is the epitome of bad customer service and not trusting your customers, even a little. Tell everyone you know, if you buy a Hunter fan that you're own if something goes wrong. You've been warned.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a new Hunter Highbury ll Fan on 5/7/20 from Home Depot. The fan made a humming noise on high speed the minute I turned it on. Aside from that the 3 speeds on the fan were much slower than all my other 4 fans. I contacted Hunter Fan customer service and they confirmed that is was a bad motor and sent out a new one the same day. They also sent a RMA for the return fan. The new fan arrived 4 days later. Humming noise is gone but the fan speeds are still slower than my other fans.???

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased 3 of the 52" Fremont LED Ceiling Fans on 3/18/20. when installing them one of the fans had a threaded rod for the light was to short. So could not install the light. Called Hunter like it says to do in the manual. Had to send proof of purchase. called 3 times and here I sit 2 months later and still no replacement. I will never buy anything from them again and I will tell others about their lousy customer service.

Original review: April 25, 2020

My husband and I purchased 3 Hunter fans from Lowes 3-4 years ago and they worked fine up until now. The one that we installed in our bedroom started making a clicking noise in the motor and overtime it had gotten worse. So we turned it off for a few days to not hear it until the room had gotten a little to warm. So I turned it back on and I started to smell a burning smell from it. It wasn't smoking but you could tell something inside of it was burning so I turned it back off.

I told my husband that night about it getting worse (the burning smell) and he turned it on to try and see if the problem would happen again. As soon as he flipped the switch, the noise returned and every time it made the clicking noise we could see the reflection of sparks against the ceiling. I was shocked, I've NEVER seen nor experienced any ceiling fan doing this. Now all 3 has to be replaced. These fans are a hazard. I don't want to imagine what would have happened if no one was home. Protect your investment (home) and DO NOT BUY.

Original review: March 24, 2020

My ceiling fan remote quit working. I have to turn on the light at the wall and the fan does run on the last speed it was on when quit working..the fan is a little over a year old. Bought a new battery and did a repair. No go. I called the company and my options are either buy a new remote or sensor in the fan. So I could buy a new remote to the tune of $48 and if that doesn't work, I can buy a new sensor...really!!!! What a piece of junk..I will never buy another Hunter Product again and will share my experience with this less than professional company.

Original review: March 9, 2020

New house in 8-2016 with 11 new Hunter Fans, to date 3 have had to be repaired. last one started smoking and like many other reviews could have burnt our house down. We have no receipt because builder installed all and therefore have NO warranty. But hunter rep offered a 35% discount on a new fire hazard. As they fail I will replace with anything but HUNTER. The old house had 5 Hunter fans that were 28 years old and only had to replace light bulbs, Now that's quality. The new fans are junk. Don't just take my word for it. Read all the reviews. I am not alone.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Hunter Fans does not reimburse clients for out of pocket expenses, due to a defective product, that I experienced with a fan less than 6 months old. One of the blades on the fan snapped where it was bolted on. Photo shows blade is ~ 6” lower than the rest of the blades. I asked them to pay for my electrician having to make extra trips to fix their product. Could not locate a supervisor when I asked to speak with one about this issue. They used to be a good company. Very disappointed.

Hunter Fans Company Information