2.8/5 (701 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Hunter Fans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Purchased 5 of their ceiling fans for a summer home that gets very little use. The fans use a rubber grommet to hold blades to unit. These grommets deteriorate after a few years which cause the blade to wobble and eventually fly off the fan. Hunter only stands behind their parts for 1 year. Poor quality and design. I would not purchase through them again.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Beautiful fan. It stopped working about a year after installation. My electrician came out, did his thing, and told me the remote receiver inside the fan was bad. I called into customer service, went through their automated attendant, and was told they’d call me back in 20 minutes. An hour later they returned the call. I told them in great detail the troubleshooting steps (as outlined in their owners manual) that both myself and the electrician followed, step by step. The electrician doesn’t just hang out at my house waiting on Hunter to return my call. Why would he, he’d already told me what was wrong with it.

Long story short, I had to get back up on a ladder (5 days after knee surgery), and bypass the remote receiver to verify my $150 hr electrician’s work for a $20 hr customer service rep. Needless to say, my electrician was correct. After all of this, remember we’re 2hrs into this by now, they are going to charge me $35 to a fix a fan that’s just barely been up a year. I won’t buy another Hunter fan, who can afford a $185 per year subscription on a $150 fan that the company obviously doesn’t stand behind. I’m posting this here and on the Amazon sellers page.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2022

The guy I spoke with about my Hunter ceiling fan model number 59224 told me the issue I'm having with my Hunter ceiling fan light is one they already know about and he walked me through steps to reset it, within minutes it was doing the same thing, flickering like a strobe light & because it's all built into each other, the light, the fan etc I can only buy a new ceiling fan, there is no fix. He offered me a discount on a new ceiling fan, I am not going to put money into another ceiling fan brand that I've had issues with, I'm very disappointed in Hunter for handling the situation this way. I paid $400 for this ceiling fan and it lasted 3 or 4 years. Hunter should have recalled the fan.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Had house built in 2016. Have had 3 of the 6 fans replaced. Sent copy of where we paid $475 more to have Hunter fans installed. Should have just went with the cheaper ones because they will not stand behind none of them because they said we have to have the original receipt from where they were originally sold.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Don't fall for the lifetime warranty on the motors because they require the original receipt. I purchase 3 fans in 2016 and now only 1 works. I spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to get the motors replaced and they require the original receipt. This is a policy clearly intended to avoid having to replace their crappy products. LIFE TIME WARRANTY is capitalized and the terms and conditions are font 8. DECEPTIVE COMPANY!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Remote doesn't work unless you get right up to the fan. Sometimes button for fan actually turns down the light (I'm not kidding!). Oh and look up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. It shows it is actually ILLEGAL to deny warranty simply because you opened up your fan. Hunter must PROVE you actually damaged the fan by opening it. If they can't, they must honor the warranty by law. The burden of proof is on the company, not on you. Stand up for your rights. This law was enacted in the 70s and is still enforced today so the company is well aware they are breaking the law by denying you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

3 year old fan failed. Lifetime warranty so I called Hunter. Customer service says need proof of purchase. I had a shipping label, no good. So I called Lowe's and got proof of purchase. Sent to hunter. Now they say original sales receipt. I already gave them proof of purchase. I got no original sales receipt because it was an internet purchase. I will not buy another hunter fan. Piece of junk, and no warranty backup even with proof.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Jim helped us figure out we need more research on our product first before giving us advice. But we didn't know that before and was why we were stuck. Thank you Jim. Portland Oregon. 52 inch fan has no factory remote.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I have 5 Hunter Original fans that cost over $500 each. The pull chain 3 way switch on 2 of them don't work. I emailed Hunter service and they tell me that they do not sell replacement switches for the fan. They explained that if I had the proof of purchase they would simply replace the entire fan. Otherwise, I would have to just buy new fans. I find this utterly ridiculous that they could not supply a replacement three-way switch for a $500 fan and basically said without proof of purchase your only option is to buy a new fan. While my option is to buy a new fan I certainly will never buy a Hunter fan again. They would not even advise me of a comparable replacement switch that I could use. Terrible customer service and product support.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Contacted Hunter Fans Company about a fan that is making a scraping noise. Sent a video clip of the noise. Response from Hunter "Thank for contacting Hunter ... what kind of noise is the fan making". So I sent the video clip again. Few days later sent another email requesting an update. Hunter fans Response "what kind of noise is the fan making".

Hunter Fans Company Information