Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hunter Fans Reviews

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Customer service is terrible. Received a non-working fan. To get through to customer service takes over 35 mins. They said it was either the motor or receiver and instead of sending a new fan, they sent the cheaper part. I had to get my contractor to come back out a 2nd time to install the replacement part they sent. Still doesn't work. Now will have to get him to come a 3rd time costing $$ for labor hours. In addition, I have still not received a working fan from their customer service. I contacted them to notify that the receiver did not fix the problem. They failed to send out the replacement fan. I received an email from Hunter 13 days later saying that do not offer any kind of discount, compensation. I've paid full price for a fan that still is not working over 30 days later and out installer fees (requiring installer to come out 3x).

Original review: July 24, 2019

I purchased 3 of the same model 52011 Hunter ceiling fans last year and they have been installed for 15 months. The fan quit working on 1 about 3 weeks ago and 1 week ago a second one quit working and now my third is on its way out. All of the lights work but fans do not. I called Hunter and they said the relays were bad and were on backorder until the end of August and that I could purchase them for $20 a piece or get 35% off of new fans. This was not the answer I wanted. I will never buy another Hunter fan if that is how long they are going to last. Buyer beware!

Get expert buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I purchased 5 Hunter Fans 5 years ago. One in the guest room, which hardly gets any use suddenly came to a grinding halt. After doing some research, I discovered that I needed a wire harness replacement. I placed an order on July 6, 2019. The cost of the part was $20. I paid for 2nd day air which was $19.99. I also ordered another small item (oil). I got an email confirming my order. But for several days in a row I kept getting other emails stating my shopping cart was still full of items. By July 10th I still had no wire harness. I also had no shipping confirmation. I tried calling customer service but you are not actually allowed to talk to anybody on the phone about an order already placed, it directs you to the website as your only option for the status.

The website didn't have accurate information on my order, no shipping information would populate. On July 11, I finally navigated the call center in order to speak to someone about the order issue. All he could do was put in a ticket through the websites. On July 15, I finally got an email with some tracking numbers and a link. According to the Hunter Fans website my order was shipped through DHL, but when I clicked on the tracking numbers and it took me to the DHL website, DHL said the tracking numbers weren't valid. This started another round with customer service through email.

I was finally told on the 16th that they don't use DHL for shipping and they aren't sure why their website had the wrong information. I was told to use the tracking numbers and plug them into the FedEx website. Finally I looked at the FedEx website and the order was shipped on the 8th, but there was no information on its delivery. So I contacted Hunter again to find out what was going on and asked for a refund of the shipping charges since we were way past 2nd day air.

I got an email back on the 18th saying the package had been delivered and I needed to check with FedEx. I emailed back and stated that they clearly weren't looking at the correct tracking number (for some stupid reason they sent the 2 items I ordered separately). So I sent them the tracking number...the same one they had sent to me...and told them to use the correct tracking number, and they would clearly see that the package had not been delivered. I then got an email back stating that they would request a refund on the shipping charges but there's no estimate on when that would occur. I was then asked which item I was still missing. I had to tell them again, the wire harness. As of July 20, I still haven't received the item or a refund of the shipping charges.

Additionally on July 11th I received an email from Hunter Fans with an invoice attached. The invoice showed the wire harness as the order, an order date of July 11th instead of the 6th. It had my email address on it, but a completely different person's name, address and phone number as the customer and shipping destination. My inquiries as to why another order was placed when I didn't place it, and why the customer information was incorrect have not been responded to. I received another email with an invoice attached on July 19. This one had the correct order to include my name and address. And oh, I'm to allow 5-7 business days for it to arrive...I guess they figured it's great customer service to delay the item even more. If I could go back in time 5 years, I would stop myself from buying Hunter Fans. It's too late for me, save yourself, buy a different brand. If you need a replacement part you're doomed!

Original review: July 11, 2019

We purchased 3 fans at Costco and paid to have them installed. After a few days all 3 fans started humming very loud. I called Hunter and they said they only make that particular fan for Costco and that we should have purchased direct from Hunter???? Does that mean they make inferior products for Costco? (That will be my next call). They gave me the option to return the fans to Costco and they would give me a 40% discount off one of their fans direct from them? I asked them how that solves my problem that I already paid to have them installed and now I have to pay someone to take them down and put new ones up. I was then told they can send me out some kind of harness but it was backordered and would be two months before I get it.

Again I asked how am I suppose to put the harness up and she said, "OH, easy peasy, you just take down the light kit...etc." I said I am not capable of doing that so now I have to pay someone to come and do it for 3 fans?? She had no response. I am so mad that they sold me crap and now I am left with the added expense. My Hampton Bay fan and Fanimation fan is so much better quality. Bad Customer Service!!!! And bad products.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I was under the impression that Hunter used to be a quality brand of ceiling fan - apparently that is not the case any more. I purchased this fan from Home Depot (1st mistake) and installed it. After a little over a year (think: "warranty"), the fan began to run "backwards" and I was unable to change its direction. After calling Customer Support, Hunter sent me out a new switch wire harness assembly to change out.

After much discussion, it was determined that the new wire harness assembly was not, in fact, compatible with the fan, so, to their credit, Hunter sent me out a new fan of the same model. I installed that yesterday and it lasted ~1 hr. It was running fine for ~1 hr when we turned it off to go have dinner. After dinner, we turned it back on at the wall switch and the LED lights were flickering. By the time I came in to see, the lights were off and the fan was slowing to a stop. I got back up on the ladder to investigate, but the fan was completely dead. I just got off the phone w/ a Hunter Supervisor - I was asking for a refund on the basis that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome, but the only thing Hunter was willing to do was, yet again, replace the fan; they claimed it was Home Depot's responsibility to issue the refund...We'll see how that goes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: July 3, 2019

I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly inconvenient and obnoxious my experience with Hunter Fans was. I purchased this $200+ fan from Lowe's, in hopes that spending the extra money, the fan would work flawlessly. That was definitely not the case. The remote does not work at all, the light will not dim, and it is stuck on one speed. I reached out to Hunter Fans customer service, just to be extremely let down. All the replacement parts that I needed are in back-stock until late August. After about 15 emails back and forth, I am leaving the conversation irritated, empty-handed and never wanting to work with this company again. Do yourself a favor, and when ceiling fan shopping, go with another company.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I purchased three ceiling fans and had to uninstall two of the three as they didn't work. I had to pay an electrician and because of their bad product, I also have to have to pay an electrician to take them down and then reinstall. No help from Hunter, of course. Think twice before buying model #52047. Cheap stuff.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Seems as if I am not the only Hunter Fan support caller with support problems. I requested a call back after being told there was a 20 minute wait time, after 45 minutes I gave up. Called again, nothing.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Installed new Hunter fan and it did not work correctly. I called customer support for existing customers and waited on hold over an hour and no one would ever answer the phone. I hung up and called the 800 number a second time but this time I asked for new customer support. They answered the phone in 35 seconds. They place all of their customer support in new sales and none in existing customers. The product is of very low quality with no support for existing customers.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have a Hunter ceiling fan/light combo, Model 28736. The lights stopped working, but the fan worked fine. Turns out all such devices have a thermal fuse (also called a fusible link or wattage limiter). I think such fuses are required by FTC. Anyway, this part had failed. Called Hunter, but they said they no longer make the model, so they would not help me find the part. They offered a discount on a new fan/light: for a $5-$10 part! I asked to be connected to their engineering or design departments, to find out what part they use on their current models. All fan/lights must have one. They refused!

They refused to tell me from what company they get the part. They completely stonewalled me at every turn. This company does not deserve to have more customers, if this is how they treat them. I finally called DigiKey, an electronics supply company. They found a replacement in about 2 minutes! No big deal. Stay away from the Hunter brand, if you expect any service.

Hunter Fans Company Information