2. Homeowners
  3. Appliances

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

Hunter Fans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Bought a Hunter fan at Lowes that was missing pieces and had a cracked lamp shade out of the box. When I called their number in to order a new one I was sent back to Lowes to return the item for exchange. Lowes sent me to contact them because they didn't have any more in stock. Called Hunter Fans to have them walk me through an online order and find out they won't ship to Canada. I got a Reship.com account to have the package forwarded at my own expense, (over $50 with shipping and Duties), and Hunter Fans still had me go through Checkout for $30US for the parts.

When new parts arrived broken I asked for a refund and they just sent me another package instead. This after I explained to them that Reship.com will bill me for shipping again and I'll have to pay duties again. After going back and forth with them for ages they finally said they can't help because my original order was more than 45 days ago. I'm out $100's and have a ceiling fan with two broken shades. No way I'm buying Hunter Fan again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I purchased 3 fans a few years ago. The pull chain for the light fixture broke. I searched for the part only to find out Hunter doesn’t make a lot of parts. Everything is assemblies. The part cost for other manufacturers is about $7-10 range. I called to get the assembly and they tell me it is unavailable. Strange, I thought companies were required to supply parts for 7 years after the last one sold/distributed. They told me they had a light fixture that would fit the cost $88-150 (for $2 part problem) or they would give me a discount on a new fan. I will not do business with this company again. They should replace the fan or provide a light fixture at the cost of the unavailable part. Still beware if a switch goes bad you will have to buy expensive units for repair. Other company’s make parts.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Hunter Fan use to be a quality ceiling fan manufacturer but have gone down hill. I purchased 2 ceiling fans and then 3 more for the house. Within 2 years, the bearings have gone out and now make noise while on and being from Texas.... They are on a lot. I contacted them regarding a warranty.... Well the warranty after the first year is ONLY for the motor and then you must pay a tech to come out and change the part but this is AFTER you provide a receipt for purchase, sorry but 2 years and the receipt is faded and not readable. So I did some handy man work and figured it was the bearing that is going bad, so I contacted Hunter to get the size of the bearing to buy and then replace myself, they stated both via email and phone that they do not know the bearing size....

Do they even make the fans anymore? Odd that a manufacturer does not even know the parts that go into their products. They again said "warranty" but I told them I was out of luck, they would not assist. So I'm left with no support from Hunter and a noisy ceiling fan. I am avoiding Hunter fan company for any future purchases.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I ordered and paid for a fan, waited for and paid a professional to install it only to find that the motor was bad, when we called customer service instead of help or an apology we were told to return it via the website or store where we purchased it. So I can now pay to ship it back, maybe get another poorly made fan with a bad motor and pay AGAIN to have it installed. I think I will just cut my losses and try a different company and do what I can to warn others.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have a small issue with my Hunter fan which I bought a few years ago, and for which I was rather interested in the quality of the product, and the lifetime warranty. But I have a small issue with a capacitor. And Hunter's only advice is to buy a new fan because they considered my product is "obsolete". Quite disappointing and no real added value when compared to competitors. Nevertheless thanks to the customer support for having addressed my request despite no solution.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Hunter used to be a quality brand, but evidently no longer. I have one less than 2 years old that no longer functions. They will not replace it, instead they accuse me of being a thief, or a dumpster diver. The photos I have of the installed product in my home are not enough. They insist on seeing the cash Home Depot receipt that is unreadable due to time and heat, so they say I am out of luck. If you do buy their substandard products, do yourself a favor and photocopy your receipt so this doesn't happen to you. No more Hunter products for me, and I suggest you do the same. I will never again purchase a shoddy product from this company that does not stand behind their guarantee, and treats their customers with this level of disrespect. Lifetime warranty is only as good as the heat activated receipt it is printed on. Stay away from this disingenuous company at all costs, or suffer the same fate as I did.

Original review: May 28, 2020

Trying to replace glass bowl to ceiling fan/light fixture and called to Hunter's customer service line. I don't have a manual or purchase invoice as was already installed in home prior to my purchasing. I cannot locate a model number and have difficulty on ladders (elderly). Hunter's line does not allow you to speak with anyone without having a model number and the automated system hangs up on you if you cannot provide one. Terrible customer service policy and practice.

Original review: May 26, 2020

My only regret is not being able to give zero stars. We built our house 21 years ago, with Hunter ceiling fans installed throughout. Recently, the motor failed on one of them. I called Hunter to claim under their "lifetime warranty." Hunter CSR: "Do you have a receipt for the fan?" Me: "No, it came with the house. But I can prove we have owned the house since it was built and that there was never another house at this address." Hunter CSR: "Can you get the builder send you the receipt, or a statement that he installed a Hunter fan." Me: "The builder, unfortunately, is dead." Hunter CSR: "Unless you can provide a document that you had that a Hunter fan installed with the house, we will not honor the warranty."

Really? You think I've been holding onto this hunk of junk for 21 years, or scouring flea markets or something, just to screw Hunter out of a fan motor? This is the epitome of bad customer service and not trusting your customers, even a little. Tell everyone you know, if you buy a Hunter fan that you're own if something goes wrong. You've been warned.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a new Hunter Highbury ll Fan on 5/7/20 from Home Depot. The fan made a humming noise on high speed the minute I turned it on. Aside from that the 3 speeds on the fan were much slower than all my other 4 fans. I contacted Hunter Fan customer service and they confirmed that is was a bad motor and sent out a new one the same day. They also sent a RMA for the return fan. The new fan arrived 4 days later. Humming noise is gone but the fan speeds are still slower than my other fans.???

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased 3 of the 52" Fremont LED Ceiling Fans on 3/18/20. when installing them one of the fans had a threaded rod for the light was to short. So could not install the light. Called Hunter like it says to do in the manual. Had to send proof of purchase. called 3 times and here I sit 2 months later and still no replacement. I will never buy anything from them again and I will tell others about their lousy customer service.

Hunter Fans Company Information