2.8/5 (44 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hunter Fans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: May 24, 2022

The guy I spoke with about my Hunter ceiling fan model number 59224 told me the issue I'm having with my Hunter ceiling fan light is one they already know about and he walked me through steps to reset it, within minutes it was doing the same thing, flickering like a strobe light & because it's all built into each other, the light, the fan etc I can only buy a new ceiling fan, there is no fix. He offered me a discount on a new ceiling fan, I am not going to put money into another ceiling fan brand that I've had issues with, I'm very disappointed in Hunter for handling the situation this way. I paid $400 for this ceiling fan and it lasted 3 or 4 years. Hunter should have recalled the fan.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Had house built in 2016. Have had 3 of the 6 fans replaced. Sent copy of where we paid $475 more to have Hunter fans installed. Should have just went with the cheaper ones because they will not stand behind none of them because they said we have to have the original receipt from where they were originally sold.

Get buying tips about Appliances delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Don't fall for the lifetime warranty on the motors because they require the original receipt. I purchase 3 fans in 2016 and now only 1 works. I spent 40 minutes on the phone trying to get the motors replaced and they require the original receipt. This is a policy clearly intended to avoid having to replace their crappy products. LIFE TIME WARRANTY is capitalized and the terms and conditions are font 8. DECEPTIVE COMPANY!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Remote doesn't work unless you get right up to the fan. Sometimes button for fan actually turns down the light (I'm not kidding!). Oh and look up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. It shows it is actually ILLEGAL to deny warranty simply because you opened up your fan. Hunter must PROVE you actually damaged the fan by opening it. If they can't, they must honor the warranty by law. The burden of proof is on the company, not on you. Stand up for your rights. This law was enacted in the 70s and is still enforced today so the company is well aware they are breaking the law by denying you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

3 year old fan failed. Lifetime warranty so I called Hunter. Customer service says need proof of purchase. I had a shipping label, no good. So I called Lowe's and got proof of purchase. Sent to hunter. Now they say original sales receipt. I already gave them proof of purchase. I got no original sales receipt because it was an internet purchase. I will not buy another hunter fan. Piece of junk, and no warranty backup even with proof.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Jim helped us figure out we need more research on our product first before giving us advice. But we didn't know that before and was why we were stuck. Thank you Jim. Portland Oregon. 52 inch fan has no factory remote.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I have 5 Hunter Original fans that cost over $500 each. The pull chain 3 way switch on 2 of them don't work. I emailed Hunter service and they tell me that they do not sell replacement switches for the fan. They explained that if I had the proof of purchase they would simply replace the entire fan. Otherwise, I would have to just buy new fans. I find this utterly ridiculous that they could not supply a replacement three-way switch for a $500 fan and basically said without proof of purchase your only option is to buy a new fan. While my option is to buy a new fan I certainly will never buy a Hunter fan again. They would not even advise me of a comparable replacement switch that I could use. Terrible customer service and product support.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Contacted Hunter Fans Company about a fan that is making a scraping noise. Sent a video clip of the noise. Response from Hunter "Thank for contacting Hunter ... what kind of noise is the fan making". So I sent the video clip again. Few days later sent another email requesting an update. Hunter fans Response "what kind of noise is the fan making".

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Unfortunately, I will never buy another Hunter Fan product again. I recently bought a fan that would specifically connect wirelessly. Hunter products and or applications do not work. I wish I had checked the reviews prior to purchasing and installing because once my didn't work and I tried to look up a solution all I saw was people having issues going all the way back to 2015. When I called Hunter customer service all I got was the run around, promises to call me back, which they never did. It appears based on what customer service reps told me there is essentially one women that they escalate these calls to, and she is never there and never gets back with you. I could drone on about the details, but don't care to put any more time into this. Suffice it to say, when I told them I would be returning the fan they didn't even care. What a shame used to be a good company, another good American company shipped over seas and run into the ground!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I installed 5 ceiling fans on my home. So far, 3 out of 5 have completely failed. I'm simply waiting for the other two to fail. These fans are garbage and nobody should even consider them as reliable. If you love climbing up and down ladders and replacing a fan every year or two, go for it.

Hunter Fans Company Information