Find an Appliances partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Hunter Fans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hunter Fans?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

This is the second time contacting Hunter fans with a very loud "Humming" noise, "2" different fans,, JUST to be told "NOT" Warranty again,,, But would give me 35% off an Online sale plus pay shipping, when compared to others, it's probably 35% MORE, it' my last "Hunter" fan ever...

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I Purchased Hunter fan several years ago. Recently the rotor in the motor failed. The motor as stated in the warranty is guaranteed for life. Even though I have the original box, warranty, and owner's manual they refused to honor the warranty because I could not find my original receipt. What a joke. I will never purchase another product of any kind from this company that does not back its products.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

If I could give no stars I would. We ordered a Casablanca fan from Hunter (who owns Casablanca) and the fan that was sent was missing parts and could not be installed. We had hired installers who now have to come back at our expense to install the fan once Hunter sends the parts. This fan had apparently been sent to another customer who returned it to Hunter and without even checking they sent it on to us and they simply do not care. Very poor customer service. They did not even bother to say they were sorry for their own error.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Loved the modern look of this fan, had it installed professionally. The first day was good, the second day it started humming rather loudly. So disappointed in this company, I would return it but I don’t have the box. Do not buy this fan.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Bought a Hunter fan at Lowes that was missing pieces and had a cracked lamp shade out of the box. When I called their number in to order a new one I was sent back to Lowes to return the item for exchange. Lowes sent me to contact them because they didn't have any more in stock. Called Hunter Fans to have them walk me through an online order and find out they won't ship to Canada. I got a Reship.com account to have the package forwarded at my own expense, (over $50 with shipping and Duties), and Hunter Fans still had me go through Checkout for $30US for the parts.

When new parts arrived broken I asked for a refund and they just sent me another package instead. This after I explained to them that Reship.com will bill me for shipping again and I'll have to pay duties again. After going back and forth with them for ages they finally said they can't help because my original order was more than 45 days ago. I'm out $100's and have a ceiling fan with two broken shades. No way I'm buying Hunter Fan again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I purchased 3 fans a few years ago. The pull chain for the light fixture broke. I searched for the part only to find out Hunter doesn’t make a lot of parts. Everything is assemblies. The part cost for other manufacturers is about $7-10 range. I called to get the assembly and they tell me it is unavailable. Strange, I thought companies were required to supply parts for 7 years after the last one sold/distributed. They told me they had a light fixture that would fit the cost $88-150 (for $2 part problem) or they would give me a discount on a new fan. I will not do business with this company again. They should replace the fan or provide a light fixture at the cost of the unavailable part. Still beware if a switch goes bad you will have to buy expensive units for repair. Other company’s make parts.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Hunter Fan use to be a quality ceiling fan manufacturer but have gone down hill. I purchased 2 ceiling fans and then 3 more for the house. Within 2 years, the bearings have gone out and now make noise while on and being from Texas.... They are on a lot. I contacted them regarding a warranty.... Well the warranty after the first year is ONLY for the motor and then you must pay a tech to come out and change the part but this is AFTER you provide a receipt for purchase, sorry but 2 years and the receipt is faded and not readable. So I did some handy man work and figured it was the bearing that is going bad, so I contacted Hunter to get the size of the bearing to buy and then replace myself, they stated both via email and phone that they do not know the bearing size....

Do they even make the fans anymore? Odd that a manufacturer does not even know the parts that go into their products. They again said "warranty" but I told them I was out of luck, they would not assist. So I'm left with no support from Hunter and a noisy ceiling fan. I am avoiding Hunter fan company for any future purchases.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I ordered and paid for a fan, waited for and paid a professional to install it only to find that the motor was bad, when we called customer service instead of help or an apology we were told to return it via the website or store where we purchased it. So I can now pay to ship it back, maybe get another poorly made fan with a bad motor and pay AGAIN to have it installed. I think I will just cut my losses and try a different company and do what I can to warn others.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I have a small issue with my Hunter fan which I bought a few years ago, and for which I was rather interested in the quality of the product, and the lifetime warranty. But I have a small issue with a capacitor. And Hunter's only advice is to buy a new fan because they considered my product is "obsolete". Quite disappointing and no real added value when compared to competitors. Nevertheless thanks to the customer support for having addressed my request despite no solution.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Hunter used to be a quality brand, but evidently no longer. I have one less than 2 years old that no longer functions. They will not replace it, instead they accuse me of being a thief, or a dumpster diver. The photos I have of the installed product in my home are not enough. They insist on seeing the cash Home Depot receipt that is unreadable due to time and heat, so they say I am out of luck. If you do buy their substandard products, do yourself a favor and photocopy your receipt so this doesn't happen to you. No more Hunter products for me, and I suggest you do the same. I will never again purchase a shoddy product from this company that does not stand behind their guarantee, and treats their customers with this level of disrespect. Lifetime warranty is only as good as the heat activated receipt it is printed on. Stay away from this disingenuous company at all costs, or suffer the same fate as I did.

Hunter Fans Company Information