Home Depot Lawn & Garden
1.27/5
Based on 81 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants?

Home Depot Lawn & Garden

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

217 Home Depot Lawn & Garden Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Home Depot Shoreline WA did not honor their policy to price match Lowe’s home improvement. It may seem silly to some, but if a company offers price matching they need to list product exclusions. Nowhere in the fine print did it say they do not match pricing plant/ flowers in garden area. Lowe’s had mums 3 for $12, as did Fred Meyer and other stores. It is difficult fit my disabled military husband to shop fit heavy items. We had our nephew helping us with multiple items from Home Depot that day. When the manager came over to cash register to complete the override for the plants, he was rude.

The manager said no price match. Got garden items and began to walk away. I had the ad for both stores, and I asked where it said no price matching on plants. No response as I was talking to his back as he walked away. My husband who served this country deserves to be treated with respect. Irregardless, I should as a customer should be treated with respect and my questions answered. We send thousands of dollars per year at Home Depot. Looks like we will shop elsewhere. Lowe’s is friendly, professional, price matches, and believes in the customer always being right.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I ordered a product (trimmer/edger) online on the August 21, 2018 and it was supposed to be delivered on August 23, 2018. It was not, so I called the customer service, as the order status still said processing. They promised it was going to be shipped out that day. As they had just come in from back order 75 of them. It was not delivered on the next day and until today August 28, 2018 it is still in processing. I have called every day more than 1 time a day. They have 2 holds on my PayPal account for the one I ordered on the 21st, I was told on the 21st and the 25th it would be a good idea to cancel that order and place a new one, but I might be put in the back of the line.

Well, instead of cancelling the first order in hopes that it would be shipped asap, I went ahead and ordered another one, this time with my debit card as I have no money on the PayPal as they put 2!!! Holds on it for 1 order! Well, last night, I got an alert from my bank, stating that another hold to my debit card as well. So they are holding over 80+ dollars on my debit card and I only have 1 (the same item ordered there) for 43 dollars!!! Because of this I am without about $200 that is mine, and he has lost work over it. I have been strung along long enough, and everyone has a different answer.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: July 30, 2018

I bought a new Ryobi HT26 from Home Depot and used it once last summer on a few hedges. Next season it would start but died as soon as I tried to up the throttle to start trimming, which is a sign of a gummed up carburetor -my bad for not draining out the 2 stroke gas over the winter. Paid Home Depot $63 to have the carburetor replaced, thing ran for about 3 minutes very erratically and died. Home Depot said it blew a rod (accused me of running straight gas in it - umm NO! Other tools running on the same 2 stroke fuel are just fine). Further they said that it would be $150 to repair and would be difficult to prove it was a warranty issue with Ryobi. No thanks, told them to trash it. Ryobi and Home Depot are both dead to me.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Purchased a self-propelled mower online; was not able to start/maneuver the mower, and thus it was returned. The return took three attempts - the first two, the "customer service representative" failed to generate a return label. As this was a carrier pick-up; I needed to be home. Two full wasted days waiting for UPS to show as their pick-ups are 8AM-8PM. The day after the return, I received an e-card in the amount of the purchase for use at the store. How that happened when the purchase was made via PayPal defies logic.

This morning, after 60 full minutes on the phone, the refund will appear on PayPal. What occurred? The original person crediting the return hit the wrong button, thus generating the gift card. The original resolution? Send me a check which would take 14 days! I would then have to go to the bank, deposit, and then pay PayPal. This is their idea of good customer service? I insisted that the payment go back to the original account, and this entire transaction took just over 60 minutes. In today's world, time is money, and with Lowe's and many other stores, one does not need to frustrate oneself shopping here.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I went to the Salem MA Home Depot in June 21. I own a business in Salem and needed to buy flowers for the window boxes. The first woman in garden that I approached for help was watering the plants. Older lady. Although pleasant, totally clueless. Same thing with next two employees. It’s rather frustrating. Finally, a woman that works for the company that delivers the annuals came to my rescue. She helped me fill four window boxes, helped me pick out potting soil, helped me bring out everything to my car. I have a bad back, and she made my day easy and pleasant. I realize that she technically does not work for Home Depot, but I do not know the name of her company. Just a nice person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered 450 landscape blocks from homedepot.com. It told me my order would ship the next day. After placing the order they told me it would be next week. When next week around the store that was going to send my order sold most of its inventory. They had 2 other stores fill the order at 225 each. A week later I got the first 120. Then 2 days later I got 225 and me order updated to filled. I called and asked about the remainder of my order. Was told I would get a call back within the hour. The next day after no call I called again. Always going through .com then transferred to the store so it would show on my account. I was told that I would have to talk to the store that did not give me the 225.

That manager would call me back within 24 hours. 2 days later after no call again I called .com. They connected me to the local store again and they said I needed to talk to the other store. l left another message with that store manager. Still no call. Meanwhile I am waiting on a $4000.00 order on appliances. I call the corporate office and tell them to cancel my order on the appliances and come pick up the partial order they gave me. Wait for it. 15 minutes later I get that call I have been waiting for. I tell him NOPE cancel my order and get your crap out of my front yard. I wish I could give them less than 1 star.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I recently rented a rototill from the Loveland Colorado Home Depot. Got home and realized the medium size rototill that I rented wasn't the right equipment for the job. So I returned it to the store hoping that I could trade it for the larger rototill and since I still had two hours left on rental agreement I would have thought they could adjust the fee on the larger one. The tool rental manager was a straight up jerk. He said nope that's the one you rented and that if I wanted to rent a larger one it would cost me full rental. I realize it's a business but the tiller I rented for four hours still had two hours on rental agreement. Good customer service would have been to rent the larger one with some type of cost adjustment. Leastways that's how I would have handled it. So now I'll never rent from them again. they lost a customer on that one bad act.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I’m writing this review because for the second time in a month. Deck furniture I ordered has mysteriously been lost. Home Depot has no idea where it is. They apparently have no way of tracking a shipped order. This is a warning to anyone who orders a Home Depot product to be shipped either to their home or to the Home Depot store for pick up. You may never get it.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Bought ($2,000) riding lawn mower (Club Cadet XT1) with bagger brand new from Home Depot. At 60 days the mower didn't start. Being an old farm boy, checked everything in the book and could not find problem. Called Home Depot bring it in so we can check it out. Loaded the riding mower into truck and the service guy checked less than what I did. Manager tears a corner from a piece of paper and hands his Home Depot's phone number to call for service. No customer service here. I called and need to deliver the riding mower forty miles from my house for service. I will no longer trade at Home Depot and will live to tell my 1,000 co-workers and family to trade elsewhere. Should have stayed with John Deere.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Okay Facebook family and friends I'm pretty understanding when it comes to things that happen. I mean life happens... Things don't go the way you want them to all the time but I'm asking every single one of you to please share this post on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, wherever you can. I went to Home Depot last week and ordered almost $5,000 worth of fencing material to put a fence up today... They told me it would be delivered on Thursday??? Thursday they came and delivered the wrong stuff and it will have to go back... so Jackie from the Glen Burnie store promises it will be delivered on Friday between 6 a.m. and 10.

Then I get a call from Mike telling me that something snapped on their truck and they're unable to deliver this until Saturday so I say still being understanding... "Okay Mike but it needs to be there by 8 Saturday morning. Nobody's going to help on Mother's Day," and he says to me, "No problem Tracey. Sorry for the inconvenience. It will be there by 8 Saturday morning???" Wake up this morning and guess what??? No wood. So I called the Glen Burnie store and no one there has a clue where my wood is. So after speaking to five different people getting disconnected three different times Jacob now says the Lansdowne store is delivering it. So I called Lansdowne store and I'm on hold for 25 minutes. Not one person picks up??? I call back to the Glen Burnie store, talk to 5 different people, none of them seem to know where it's at. So of course I'm pretty Furious by now.

So I drive to the Lansdowne store and they tell me that somebody cancelled out my order and credited my account for the wood panels I said I need today... How is that even possible without my authorization??? So now I had to reorder all of it which by the way is sitting right in their Lansdowne store and you know what they offer me for my time and inconvenience? NOTHING...so I call the corporate office to speak to someone in customer care because isn't that who you call when you have done everything right? And guess what I get from corporate... "Sorry for your inconvenience, we will try to have it there by 1 this afternoon???"

So this is going up on Facebook and anywhere else I can put it. So there you have it people. No wood... no refund... no credit... no nothing, all I get is someone stating that he will try to have it there by 1 this afternoon. Do not and I repeat do not deal with Glen Burnie or Lansdowne Home Depot for anything. They have no way to contact other people. They have no way to get ahold of their drivers. Everything is done through a third party even though they tell you it's coming from their store. It's not. They lied. Yeah I'm ANGRY but I'm also trying to save a whole lot of other people from going through 3 days of frustration and not getting the results that I think should have been done because Home Depot does not care about its customers. #PLEASEREPOST. #STAYAWAY.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Was shopping at Home Depot. Had a few items in my cart. Went to the garden center outside. Left my cart at cashier to shop for plants out front, came back and my cart was gone. The cashiers had taken my cart and put it away. This would have been OK but some of the items were clearance items and they could not find them. The cashiers in the garden section when I asked them claimed they had no clue and didn’t touch my stuff. Got the store manager involved and he said they put it away. He then wanted me to go around and gather all the items I had put in my cart again but by that time I had already wasted an hour trying to get a hold of a manager and my cart.

This is not the first time I have had bad service at this Home Depot. It seems that either harass you and think you’re stealing or you could never find an associate to help you. I have shopped at many Home Depots in many different states and have had better service every other Home Depot than this one. This is the all-time worst Home Depot I have ever shopped at.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Last year I purchased paver stones, step one paver base and step two paver base stones from my local Home Depot on 09/11/2016. The next 2 days my stones was delivered. During the delivery my garage floor was damaged. I contacted the manager and she told me that someone would be back to my home that afternoon. No one ever showed up. Called the next day and same result. Finally I got some action after literally going to the store! I was told that a claim had been filed with their insurance (Sedgwick) and that they would be contacting me with 48 hrs. No one ever did.

Finally. I wrote to Mr. Craig Menear (Home Depot CEO) regarding the repair of the property for the damages caused by Home Depot. But, I did not receive any reply from him. I am not the first person to ever complain about this services. Well from doing a Google search I'm not the first by no means! Needless to say I will never do business with any Home Depots again and as of today have started consulting a lawyer on this matter. After I filed with BBB Ms. Ellen ** from Home Depot called me, she was unprofessional and rude. The sad thing about it, is that this should have never gone this far. I just want my garage floor fix. Thank you for your time.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased an Ariens snow blower in December of 2016. Used it 4 times, then lost power to the wheels in March of 2017. Contacted Home Depot and was informed that not refund or exchange on power equipment after 30 days. They sent it out to Ariens for warranty repair. It got ruined during return shipment. They finally replaced it in August of 2017 after blowing me off for months.

The one I got was stored up on shelf since winter of 2016, probably from same batch as original one. Got to use the new one 4 times in December of 2017, brought it back and what they did was keep it for 3 weeks and put a belt on it. Got it back in February of 2018, used it 3 times and belt broke again. They have had it for 3 weeks now and I was told they are waiting on parts. I asked what parts they were waiting for and it is the "BELT". There is a defect that keeps breaking the belt and all they do is throw belts at it. So don't buy power equipment from Home Depot, especially snow blowers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Ryobi mower 40109 cutting out during use. Mower sent to remote repair facility. I didn’t order blade. Was surprised to see that guard was an expendable (really). Was charged $4.12 each for screws that you sell by part# for $0.83. WHY (available 10 for $1.99). I’ll accept the consumable repairs that I didn’t order but am not happy that they were made without my consent. HOWEVER, The screwing I got on the screws is not acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I ordered the mower in mid November. It was shipped on the 22, with an arrival date of Nov 27 to Dec 1 (a Friday). My old mower is totally busted, so I depended on their honesty about the arrival. I called on Nov 30, and was told I had to have a forklift to get it off the truck. SAY WHAT? Someone had ordered it as though it was going to the store. I was assure that the problem was fixed, and that it would arrive Friday. Friday, a driver called to ask directions to my house in Bloomington, IL. I live in Roscoe, IL, 150 miles away. I called again Monday, and after waiting fifteen minutes, got an operator who assured me he would find where the mower is now. Hours later, and no call. I had to pay $150 to hire someone to do the work in my yard.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

On 9/21/17 I bought this lawn mower. My husband did all that was required to start the machine. It would not start so we decide to take it back to the Home Depot in Pembroke Pines where I bought it on 9/26/17 in less than a week. Upon arrival at the customer service desk I explain the problem. Were told to take it down to tool rentals that we did. This was at 6:08 pm. The young man name Chris was very kind. He checked out the machine to see what was wrong. The wheel on the machine was bend. That I could live with and that we knew. He also found out the blade was also bend that makes it impossible to start. He ask, "What are we gonna do?" So I said, "Exchange it for another one".

He told us to take it back to customer service and they should make that exchange. Boy was we wrong. The customer service Lady name Chole told us that we should take it to one of the regular cashier because she did not have some orange sticker to complete the transaction so we took to one of the cashier. Now my patience was running hot. The young lady told us she can't help us. She had no idea what this lady Chole is referring to. OK so now am up the top. I ask for the manager on duty. He was in his office and will get the orange sticker. He never showed up. This was now at 7:45 pm still waiting for the or someone to help us just to exchange this machine. Ask for the manager again. This time they said he was receiving a truck while am a paying customer waiting this long. He not even have any respect to come out and fix the problem that we had.

While am standing at the tool rentals service are one of the staff ask me, "Did he come to see you?" I said no. He said, "He walk by you just now." This manager had no plan to help us. Some guy one of their superior said to me, "Do you have a receipt?" I said yes. He said, "Just take the good one" and that was that. Really that's all it took. I left there at 8:15 pm. Can you believe that just for and even exchange. No one including the manager could help. Had my 6 year old with me saying he was hungry. Never expected to be there this long past his dinner and bedtime how sad.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I bought a Ryobi weed eater that came with a battery pack last summer... The weed eater came with a 5-year warranty and the battery came with 3 year warranty. 1 year and 3 months later the battery is now defective. I called the warranty department of Ryobi. They were anxious to replace my battery and the charger for the battery however not until November. That's right November four months from today. They were not willing to accommodate the fact that they were on back order until November. I have three pieces of Ryobi equipment that I use to do my yard work... These will be the last three pieces. All due to customer service, or lack thereof. Just an FYI customer service department and warranty department if you care to make this right please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Purchased Honda lawnmower from Home Depot in Fuquay Varina NC 2016 of Sept. By June of 2017 mower will not start. I only used mower total of 6 times before storing for winter. I took to Home Depot on June 24th 2017. I had not heard anything from store and when I called in July. I was told it was sent out in the 23 of July to Georgia repair facility.

After calling on 8/10 /17 to customer service for status... I was promised that they would contact me. So here it is now August 13th and I have called Home Depot for them to send my lawnmower back unrepaired because I am not authorizing any repair after the poor customer service. Furthermore I believed this to be a manufacture defect and according to HD website that would be taken care of free of charge. Well clearly HD is trying to take me for a ride! I will not tolerate this type of business practices and am following up with a complaint to the BBB.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Went to home depot on 8-5-17 to purchase a few things, among them a Ryobi electric 18v trimmer. Take it home. Unbox it. First of all, it was repackaged. Second, it was repackaged so poorly it was obvious. I put the battery on the charger and check out the rest of it. Upon looking it over I found scuff marks on the battery, and light bump marks on the trimmer head. Obviously used. Not in grass, but definitely purchased, returned, and reshelved. Okay, I'll try it out, no big deal, maybe the other customer didn't want it for some random reason. I waited for the battery to charge. It blinked for at minimum an hour and a half. (18V in manual says it takes an hour to charge.) I now know why the trimmer was returned in the first place.

I call the store. I want to be cutting my lawn. Not going back to Home Depot because they couldn't be bothered to RTV something that was obviously defective. He says come back at my convenience, we'll "make it right." No convenient time to fix someone else's screw up, so I decided to deal with it immediately, before they could say, "oh yeah, you used it, that's why it was used." On returning to the store in Dawsonville I spoke with a nice girl who was perfectly pleasant. Asked if I wanted the money back. I said, "No, I'd like an exchange with a discount for the inconvenience." She gets a manager. Here is where it goes bad.

A manager named DeWayne (I'll never forget his name.) comes over, I explain the whole thing to him. Not only is he rude. No "Hey, my name is, blahblah *hand shake*" or anything like that. Just... he claims it wasn't used. I said it was. He repeats himself. I repeat myself. He claims he's not trying to call me a liar. I told him the battery wasn't holding charge after being on the charger for almost two hours and it was scuffed, I didn't bother mentioning the bump marks because they were faint. Maybe pressed a couple times, nothing serious. He then tries to catch me in a lie mathematically based on the time of purchase to return for the amount of time I left the battery to charge and fails miserably because I wasn't lying.

This is the part where I got pissed off. Not only was that NOT MY ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE, but it was obviously why the previous customer returned the item. Now I said I wanted a discount. I wasn't thinking sun and moon, here. I was thinking like, 5%. Cover the gas I had to waste coming back. A little "Hey, sorry about that, man." Whatever. Move on with our lives. No big deal. But no. Instead he gets another manager after I ask for my money back instead of the exchange. Upon getting him, they have a quick quiet conversation not ten feet away from me before coming over. Can you say 'obvious'? Like two people can't consecutively lie? C'mon. What a waste of time and money.

Not real smart when someone is purchasing a POWER ONE Ryobi SYSTEM. Where did you think I was going to buy the extra battery and other tools? Yup. Not anymore. Not real smart at all, when Wally World is literally right next door. No wonder Home Depot has a one star rating on Consumer Affairs. The Dawsonville Home Depot isn't even listed on the BBB, but the ones nearby are, and are getting slaughtered.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I bought $80 worth of impatiens plants this summer from the Home Depot. Every one of them contracted downy mildew disease, a disease that had been infecting these plants for the last few years. None of the plants survived. My complaint is that Home Depot continues to sell impatiens (through their contractor, Bell Nurseries) with full knowledge that this disease will occur, thereby leaving the customer with nothing for their money. Home Depot should at least warn customers that they are taking a risk when buying impatiens at their stores. Unfortunately, there are no refunds at Home Depot for bedding plants, so I am out $80, as are many other customers who bought impatiens. Home Depot should discontinue carrying these plants in Maryland until a cure for downy mildew is found.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I was shopping for plants for my new yard. Some of them were heavy, but there was no one to help me. There was one employee in the whole nursery. Then I tried to put 40+ plants on will call for my landscaper to pick up the next day. "No can do..." I was told. So I had to carry and unload 3 carts full of plants to my car. I would give it a zero if I could. I will stick with Lowe's next time. They are adequately staffed and happy to help with loading and unloading.

Original review: July 2, 2017

The Knockout Roses I purchased from Home Depot have all failed due to a virus pathogen called Rose Rosette. The plant tag says excellent disease resistance but ALL of these roses will get this disease sooner or later, all of mine have. I have been told it is not a warranty issue because my plants are 2 years old. Growers are telling me the plants came with the disease. Home Depot needs to make a stand and stop selling this trade deception lest they encounter a class action lawsuit.

Original review: June 30, 2017

My wife and I went to Home Depot in Lewiston ID. to buy a new riding lawn mower, first we went to the gardening center and they did not know anything about lawn mowers and told us to go to the customer service desk. So we went to the customer service desk and they had to call the gardening center, so after they got that figured out, they asked which lawn mower we would like to purchase. We said the one without the flat tire, cause there were some out there with flat tires, after an hour of them trying to figure out how to sell the lawn mower they said it does not have a sku number in the system.

So they called store manager and that person said she does not know what to do and I said, “You have $50,000 in inventory in lawnmowers and you can’t sell one cause it has no sku number” and she said, “Sorry I don't know what to do.” So we went to North 40 and bought one. But as we were leaving home depot there was two other people looking at riding lawn mowers and I was thinking wow how much money they are losing.

Original review: June 16, 2017

HD did not tell me when I rented a tool that I was being charged a 10% fee for a damage waiver. When I returned the undamaged tool on time, I asked why cost was so high and was told that the governor gets his money. I challenged that since I was clearly being charged more than the rental fee with state taxes. The clerk pretended to check the detail of the charges on his register to discover that there was a charge for a damage waiver. I refused to pay it and he accepted that agreed rental fee plus the lawful tax charge.

A couple of days later I went to rent the exact same tool at the same HD. This time I caught the fact, when asked to agree to the rental fee, that I was being overcharged. The clerk, a different one than the first, had also tried to sell me the property waiver without my knowledge. When I caught him, he removed the 10% charge. Neither time was I shown a copy of the contract before I was asked to sign and agree to it on the small electronic pad. In the first rental I was never given or shown a copy, but the second time I received a copy after completing the rental agreement. Not before, although I requested to be shown a copy before signing. The second time, I had to get store management involved because of another problem with the rental.

If you do rent from the HD, you will find that their contract provides that damage waiver protection is optional. If it is optional and HD doesn't tell you it is being charged, and especially if you aren't given a copy of the contract, is there any real option? I have just done a little looking and notice that HD has had class actions brought against them in at least two other states. I believe HD prevailed in each, but the issues there were different. What troubles me the most is that in my case HD automatically tried to collect a 10% charge that was supposed to be optional.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Went to Home Depot to try to rent a utility trailer for a $3,000 John Deere zero turn mowing tractor... Went there 2 times to rent a utility trailer. First time there was none available. Okay that's fine. There was none available go to another Home Depot store to try and rent a same utility trailer. They want $40 for one hour. Come back 3 days later to rent a utility trailer again. This time they have them but their stickers are up and they can't be used so with my hundred dollar discount credit which is only used in store.

I go to another Home Depot to try to purchase the same a $3,000 John Deere mower but they don't have it there so I go to try and rent it online... Fine let's run it online. After back and forth, back and forth, back and forth for 3 days I'm going to run it online. So I get around online. They'll come out help me set it up blah blah blah blah blah. They won't accept my hundred dollar discount and it will only be delivered in their time which means I would have to take a day off of work...

You would think with a company as popular as Home Depot would accommodate their patrons that is buying something that is very very expensive. I have found it to be nothing but a complete pain in my ** and the biggest Hassle and I am so frustrated with how this company is ran. No stickers for your trailers. Are they up really. What the what is that... So I will not be purchasing this $3,000 tractor from Home Depot. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Thanks for nothing Home Depot. Your grade a #1 for giving the people the runaround... And big waste of time in my life!! By the way the store was in People's Plaza in Newark and the Suburban Plaza in Newark. Very disappointed!!! I don't think I ever want to go and spend my hard earned $ again in this establishment!??? Felt like I was on Candid Camera.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I bought the "guaranteed to start" machine in October 2016 and bought the extended warranty maintenance agreement. This is the second time that I was going to use it and it did not start. Took it to Home Depot in Mansfield Texas and they told me that the extended warranty was oyola for 39 days and the extended warranty starts After the manufacturer tries to fix the machine. When they sold me the extended warranty they did not tell me that. I was hoping for better service as I was willing to buy a more expensive machine and pay the difference. I will not buy any appliances or expensives items at Home Depot as they do not provide good customer service when truly needed. You need a store that helps the customer with expensive items and not just with $10.00 returns. I'm extremely disappointed.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Purchased Vigoro-brand Weed and Feed at my local Home Depot. Applied the product exactly as instructed on package. It ended up killing most of the grass on my front lawn and left the weeds behind. In fact, dandelions popped up where the dead grass is (just a few days after application!), and if anything the weeds seem to be multiplying and thriving. Perhaps the product should really be called "Feed the Weeds -- kills grass down to the roots"? I tried calling the 'customer service' number for Vigoro, which ended up being somewhere in the Cayman Islands, and they could not help me. Called Home Depot and they shunted me off to another contact number for Vigoro, which turned out to be an emergency chemical spill hotline! A third number that was provided on my next try got me to a voicemail simply stating that "No-one is available to take your call. Goodbye."

Finally, after nearly 2 hours of multiple futile phone calls and repeatedly waiting on hold, I was re-directed yet again to the Home Depot Resolution Center where I was eventually offered a $40 gift card (the initial cost of the product that destroyed my lawn was $36). However, since I will never get back all the time, money, and effort I spent last year getting my now-ruined lawn into beautiful shape, not to mention the hours of frustration this morning, it is small recompense. It appears that Home Depot's policy is to keep putting customer complaints off until they finally get frustrated and give up and if they persist, offer the minimum compensation. RECOMMEND AVOIDING THIS PRODUCT, AND THIS BUSINESS, AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Bought a Ryobi cordless lawn mower. Was offered and purchased 2 year extended coverage on top of 3 year manufacturers. Turns out the lead acid battery is terrible. The unit has been serviced several times and has stopped working again. The extended warranty has a lemon clause but it can't be used because it doesn't cover anything until the manufacturer one runs out after three years. Unfortunately, the battery is only covered 1 year (supposedly) by the manufacturer. So, I've spent money up front for a warranty coverage I probably would have to fight to use with a gap of 2 years where the tool is broken. Neither the retailer or the manufacturer seem to care about this. They already made their money and can come up with any excuse to not get the product fixed. Save your money and skip the extended warranty.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I went to return a defective Toro lawn mower that died after I used it twice. Because it was few days past Home Depot's arbitrary 30 day return limit, Home Depot refused the return even though I told them the lawn mower was a piece of junk and they should ask for a refund from Toro. Later I spent a long time on the phone with their customer service people and store manager to no avail. What a waste of time. I do not shop at a store that is not honest. As consumers, we have to stand up for our rights. Never shop at Home Depot again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

These bags are billed as having "wet strength." Yet in the rain they come apart, as they have never done in previous years. The glue that holds them together is white, similar to Elmer's, and is water-soluble. A disaster after all the hours we've spent putting leaves into the bags!

Home Depot Lawn & Garden Company Information